Speaker 1: Five oh five fifty five k RC DE Talk Station. Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I'm the dude.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm Brian Thomas, SOCI thirty five KRC Morning Show. Happy Wednesday to everybody who you can stick around all morning. Got some good guests lined up, thanks to executive producer Joe Strecker for lining them up, starting with Donod and Neil Americans for Prosperities. Donald and Neil joining the program at seven thirty. As is typically the case, uh a FP urging wallmakers to override Dwines Vetos. We talk about that this morning. Uh and he has comments about the so called Big Beautiful Bill. Of course, it's gonna be tossed around the center or the House today. I think it's already out of committee. You'll be put up for a full vote today if I read the information correctly. Not guaranteed though, as rumbored swirling that is up to as many as up to as many as twenty representatives are against it on the Republican side of the ledge. Of course, you can only afford to lose a handful. So that's beyond the numbers that would allow it to pass in the House. So we will see what ultimately happens. Just keep your popcorn out, folks. Steve, also from the Klamic County Veteran Service, has got some information to pass along to my veteran friend. Steve's good man looking out for our American veterans, and salute to everybody at the various veteran services agencies for what you're doing each and every day for our veterans. State Senator George Lang joins the program at eighth five. George's gonna be talking about the Ohio budget. And finally, of course, a judge anted Apolotado with some comments about Independence Day and are we freer now than we were under King George, it's a legitimate question to ask pretty much clear you no direction. Judge is going to go on that one. So uh, if you want to call feel free love hearing from me five one three, seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on aight and t funds. Normally would be listener lunch today because it is the first Wednesday in July. Man, where the hell did June go? Anyhow, We've gone on the blink of an eye. But because of Independence Day on Friday, we are kicking it to next Wednesday. I have been trying to let everybody know we're going to be at Wandering Monsters Brewery. Wandering Monsters, it's beach Beachmont Avenue. I think that's fair. I remember that correctly. But it's supposed to have good food, it's supposed to be a lot of fun, and I'm hoping you can make it. Put it down on your calendar, show up a listener. Lunch usually starts about eleven thirty, So Beachmont eighty two to fifty one Beachmont Avenue is the location of Wandering Monsters. Get a kick out of the name of that place. Anyway, back over here in the state of Ohio, of course, the the wine did veto quite a few things, most notably the ones relating to maybe some relief for property insurance. Get to that in a minute. But I thought this was a rather interesting combination. Here there was a study from Harris Pole talking to parents, asking parents which things they wished had never been invented, thinking about their experience versus their child experience growing up. Most of the more than half of the surveyed parents that they wished for their kids that social media didn't exist, sixty two percent, so they wish TikTok had never been invented sixty two percent so they would like to spare their kids the toxicity of acts formerly known as Twitter, and fifty six percent wish that Instagram didn't exist. Most notably, seventy two percent of parents either agree or strongly agree that they wish adult online content was not out there porn. Fifty five percent agree or strongly somewhat agree they wish that social media was not a thing at all. Forty four percent say that for messaging apps smartphones generally speaking, thirty eight percent of parents wish they didn't exist, video games thirty two percent, the internet generally twenty eight percent, streaming services twenty one percent, and TV seventeen percent wish it didn't exist, wish it had never been involved in their children's upbringing. And it's interesting to note, and I know it's how difficult it is to be a parent. I'm a parent, thankfully. Minor adults now that it's tough to say no. But all of this is within the grasp of a parent to say no. Now, you can go to the next door neighbor's house and they may not care about your access to adult online content. But within the confines of your own home, there are ways to prevent your children from accessing it. So it's just I understand parents don't want to be the hammer. That's when the state sometimes has to come in. We've seen the efforts and the successful in the Supreme Court Texas's effort to ban access to adult online content without age verification. Age verification is a thing now in Texas. That's the state stepping in and endeavoring to do what parents either can't or won't do for their kids. And it's come to the state of Ohio. I students will soon not have access to their cell phones during the school day. State lawmakers prohibited them under most circumstances in the final state budget, which Governor Wine designed the other day. Each school, district, community school, and STEM school must adopt a policy prohibiting students' use of cell phones during the instructional day, with some exceptions. Policy must be adopted by January first of next year. The Wine called this a vital step in protecting our children and helping them focus and learn in the school year. Apparently, the definition of instructional day subject to some interpretation. Senator James Timkins said it's the time between the first bell in the morning and the final bell at the end of the day, noting that we'll probably find that some of the school districts have different views on what the instructional day means. But the idea is to not have it during the school day. Isn't it interesting that it's already a question mark about what instructional day means, maybe intentionally vague to provide school district some lateral movement in that I don't know. Each public school must also include in its comprehensive emergency management plan a protocol that addresses students' use of cell phones during an active threat or emergency. Obviously that's one of the concerns. Well, wait a second. You know we reach out and like alert people to active shooter situations and lockdowns via text. That the kids don't have their cell phones, that don't have access to them, how they're going to get it? Now? The plan has to address that and getting ahead of it. And here's the point, as noted by the enquire BB Hodges and others reporting by implementing a statewide band, lawmakers, rather than teachers or parents become the bad guys limiting access to cell phones. Jaye Timpkins said she's fine with that. We can't police everybody, but at least it gives these kids a chance to put their phones away and actually listen to their teacher and interact in the classroom. She noted. Yeah, apparently some schools have already done this, since our Country Day School in Indian Hill enforce all day cell phone ban during the twenty twenty three twenty four school year. I wonder if the children benefited from it. Princeton City Schools and implemented policies and procedures that aligned with the Lost booksmversus the district said and will make any necessary adjustments as needed, but they already have a policy in place which they say is well complies with what was just signed into law by Governor to Wine. Now, I think personally this is a good idea. I mean, I'm not all about raw laws and rules and bands, and I know there's some concerns from parents and others about how are we going to get to our kids, what if there's an emergency, what if there's a health issue. Well, the bill apparently does include a provision for allowing students to use their cell phones for student learning, that's one thing, quote unquote student learning, or to monitor or address a health concern if the student has a written statement from their physician. So there's a lot of carve outs in a lot of ways that schools will be to implement policies which may be address the concerns of parents. But overall, going back to what parents want in that survey, they wish that stuff just didn't exist at all. Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. We just wish it evaporated from the what's available for use for our children, which suggests that if parents are you know, when they're asked they could do without the cell phone connections. I mean, if they're asking and wishing and desiring that they were outright banned or didn't exist, then that means they would be in a situation where they'd have to cope without being able to reach their children at any moment in time. I just I can't reconcile the two positions. I mean, at least among the parents who are claiming that these school cell phone bands are going to present a problem for them, but overall, the fewer hours children have access to these devices, I think the better for them. Generally speaking, they are a diversion. They do take away from learning time. They're a major distraction and a major creator of anxiety among our young people. How many psychological problems are young people having these days that are driven And you can conclude this without being a psychiatrist or a psychologist driven by social media the twenty four to seven proposition and no wonder our children are so psychologically well struggling. But draw your own conclusions. How do you feel about it? I mean, feel free to give me a call that agree, disagree. I think it's a good idea, bad idea. It is the law now in the state of Ohio. Put the phones down five fifteen fifty five K see the talk station five one thirty seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk about five fifty on AT and T phones. Go right back after these brief courts fifty five car the talk station five eighteen On a Wednesday, Happy Wednesday to you, but you buy parsee dot comedy can't listen live We get the inside Scoop with Bradley j. Yesterday we talked about the Big Beautiful Billy Vaked Ramaswami for Ohio governor. He was on the program yesterday. I love that guy, and of course of Daniel Davis deep dive. Not looking good for Ukraine right now, massive troop deployment by the Russians, fifty thousand additional ones up in that that capital city. They have the three to one ratio of Russian soldiers to Ukrainian soldiers. Obviously he was talking about they were considering expanding the draft in Ukraine, include eighteen year old, A lot of people fleeing the country to avoid that possibility. And there's just it's it's just it's all bad news. I don't know what your position is for Ukraine. You got to be practical in a realist things aren't looking good and doubling down on that. US has stopped the delivery of air defense interceptors and other weapons inten for Ukraine because the Pentagon needs them to beef up our own stocks. Hmm. US moved with old arms deliveries ear mark for Ukraine reflects the Trump administration's slackening commitment to aiding Kiev and its defense against Russia, reports The Wall Street Journal. Apparently, officials of stress the need to focus more on longer term threats from China and more immediately military needs in the Middle East. White House spokesperson Anna Kelly Quota is saying this decision was made to put America's interests first. That after a Pentagon review of military assistants US military systems ships, the shipments of these weapons are already in poland halted. Now included Patriot air defense interceptors, air to air missiles, hell fire, air to ground missiles, and surface to surface rockets, artillery rounds and stingers surface to air missiles. All of them are going to be redistributed by the Pentagon to areas that we need them more than in Ukraine. Again, you have to view the situation whether the cause is worthy or not. The needs are well unlimited, the demand is unlimited, and some suggesting, and I think Daniel Davis was one of them. One of the reasons Israel got into the that ceasefire agreement with Iran is because well, it ran out of the ability to shoot down Iranian rockets, and Iran still has a whole bunch of them. So when you don't have the defenses there, it might be good to call it call it a ceasefire for a while no military strategist I but now Ukraine has previously praised the fact that Patriot system has been able to it has defended the country from these Russian ballistic missiles, and of course they have been appealing for more of them. This is an obvious response to that, Well, no, we're not going to provide them. And it's the second time the Trump administration has redirected weapons that were intended to Ukraine. Last month was reported Pentagon quietly notified Congress that special fuses for rockets Ukraine used to shoot down Russian drones were being allocated at US Air Force units in the Middle East. Our people needed them. That's all those military bases that are in the area that we're under within range of the Iranian rockets that some were so concerned about after we dropped the bombs on the nuke facilities that they will be bombed by the Iranians, one of which they intempted to do, but because we had missile defense systems on the ground, they were shot down. So a lot of reporting on that was young people. You know, twenty five years old was the oldest person at the base that was there to protect the base and operate these missile systems. So he had twenty year olds at twenty five year olds defending the base and successfully doing it. That's a great story out of that one. But we need them, that's the point only. So if there's a fine item out of hardware out there, obviously, so you decide whether it's in the US's best interest to send them to the least and protect our guys, or let the Ukrainians have them. And in essence, I suppose one may argue squander them since they're losing this battle, it looks like a foregone conclusion that it's just it's pretty much over. That's my conclusion anyway. Now, the Trump administration inherited the authority to send Ukraine as much as three point eighty five billion in weapons from the Pentagon stocks the weapons, but it's held back doing so. Also hasn't asked Congress for more funding for a separate program to fund the Ukrainian military called the Ukraine's Security Assistance Initiative, under which money is appropriated so Kiev can buy weapons from US defense contractors military industrial complex. And I don't know why the Democrats are operating under some delusion that Ukraine might be able to win this war. Jeine Shaheen, quoted as the Pentagon is significantly weakening Ukraine's defense against aerial attacks, even as Russia pounds Ukrainian cities night after night with numerous civilian dead and wounded. In fact, maybe yeah, But as I mentioned it, Daniel Davis, I mean, you effectively have to have persons in this case, mostly men behind the trigger to operate the weapons, regardless of the weapons systems, and they're running out of people to do that. You can pile all the weapons you want on top of them, but if they don't know the people to operate them effectively use them that are trained to use them, what good is it going to do? And if it puts Our soldiers at risk because they need the weapons system to protect themselves from a greater threat, a threat directly on Americans as opposed to the Ukrainian people with whom we have no defense author or agreement or treaty, I think that's the right decision being made there. Do we protect the US interest or do we protect the interest of a country that I guess we're with on some level. Lots of questions swirling about that too, But again, no defense agreement they're not part of NATO. They just exist as an independent country, and we have thus far been providing them with weapons systems to defend themselves against the evil pesky Russians. How many other hands want to be in our American cookie jar? How many more demands are there out there for our finite apparently military resources. Tough calls have to be made, and I'm not necessarily happy about it, but I think in this particular case, the right call was made our interests over those of other countries. Generally speaking, let us see here coming up on local stories. Love hearing from you. If you've got something to say, please feel free to give me a call. Got more on the highest state budget and we'll be talking about that again with Donovan and Neil. Americans were prosperity, including the budget vetos on the well effort to pair back our property taxes. I feel a little disappointed with what Mike Dewyne did along those lines. Don't go away. I'd be right back. Fifty five KRC dot com. Here is your ten to nine. First one to what a forecast today? Plenty of sun hive eighty seven overnight lowest sixty six to clearest guys, sunny in eighty seven. Tomorrow gets stick either singing Clairest guys every night down to sixty six and a sunny well great for firework day on Independence Day, I had ninety one that would a heat index in ninety three. A little sticky out there on Independence Day. Sixty six degrees right now fifty five Kerr CD Talk Station five twenty eight on a Wednesday five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three Talk con Fact fifty on eight and T phones go.
Speaker 4: To the phones.
Speaker 3: We will forget the local stories. Oh love Tom's on the phone. Welcome back Tom. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first time calling a long time listener night, I love.
Speaker 3: Your show, got your own tagline? Man, don't give me that best?
Speaker 2: What are all the cliches? And I listen to some of the shows, and you know these.
Speaker 5: Callers, they gotta get through all these You gotta gotta get these call screeners. And then they get all them, and they spend the first seventy percent of their call like, oh, you guys are their best. I love you guys, Like just get to your point. I just get to it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And is someone screaming at the radio going right now, Tom, You're doing exactly what you're criticized.
Speaker 2: That was the whole point of the joke. I got it.
Speaker 3: So you're off Friday, right, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: If you need if you don't have a stub, let me know. Okay, I'll be bored happy to jump in there.
Speaker 2: Fairy, you are absolutely correct. Uh.
Speaker 5: The administration is making the right decision to put our interest first. This is what that looks like. And that means somebody's gonna have to suffer, somebody's not getting something they want, and we're just gonna have to deal with that. And just so you know, always at all times when decisions are made, somebody doesn't get what they want. It's just a matter of who that is and who's screaming and crying about it. And as we know, for the last couple of years, it's been all about Ukraine, Ukraine, this, Ukraine that, And I don't wish any ill on the people of Ukraine, but we have our own interests to take care of first, and that we have to make sure we do that. And it's obvious that the Democrats want to put the America's interests last. They want everything else to be first. So that's why we got to make sure we don't know Democrat.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, bright you too, Tom, appreciate that. Who is next, Joe Strucker or Bobby Jay? Hang on your next, Bobby, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Wednesday, Happy Tuesday, My brother Tuesday Wednesday. Oh, I got to hit the dump button, Bobby. You can't curse on the Morning Show. You should know that by now we had to use the dump button on you. All right, Hey, you want to start over since we lost all the time with your phone call with the dump button delay, So start over and don't use any profanities please.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll start over again. The Ukraine, we've talked about it for two years. They cannot succeed the War of Patrician number one yep, and we have two hundred and seventy thousand Ukrainians in this country. We get temporary status too. Why are they still here.
Speaker 3: War torn region? I think it makes them eligible for temporary protection status.
Speaker 7: Well, they need to go back to the Ukraine and fight for their country.
Speaker 3: Well, one can make that argument. It's a question of patriotism. But if you're going to look at what qualifies someone for TPS. I do believe war in the country is a justification and allows you to meet qualifications to have temporary protected status.
Speaker 6: Whatever happened to the one that testified against our president this first term.
Speaker 3: The one what do you current? The one?
Speaker 7: What the current? What was it? The cardinal from Ukraine and he was at our.
Speaker 8: Military that he was going to go fight for Ukraine.
Speaker 7: Haven't heard a word about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lost in the ether from ebody. I can't remember anything about the story generally speaking, So the fact that no one followed up on it isn't shocking. How many stories fall off the wayside that we kind of expect to follow up on. It's the flavor of the moment that particular day. It's the clickbait that everybody's clicking on, and then five minutes later, no one even remembers what the event was that they were so excited about that particular moment. Welcome to the age of the Internet, Bobby, appreciate the call. Thank you for illustrating the importance of minding FEC compliance as well. Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 7: Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 9: Hey, you know I've been hearing about this Senate parliamentarian that was telling the Republican Party and Johnthone and everybody else what you can do and what you can't do with the the legislation, the big beautiful bill that they were passing. And you had mentioned about a bureaucrat.
Speaker 7: So I looked it up.
Speaker 10: To say, yeah, who is this, what is this? What is the Senate parliamentarian?
Speaker 9: And found that this is a lady who was who was put into this position, very powerful, powerful position by Harry Reid, I think during your Bamba administration. Now, if this isn't a sign that it is a dog on you in a party, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 9: After how many Republican administrations a Trump administer, first Trump administration, a second Trump administration, and we're having.
Speaker 11: A communist appointed.
Speaker 9: Person telling the Republican Party what they can and cannot include in legislation, completely unelected.
Speaker 7: Appointed by Harry Reid.
Speaker 9: And I'm to believe that the Republican Party is just so dumb and just not unaware that they wouldn't get rid of this thirty or bureaucrat and get your own position. Or are we to believe that she is just as objective and pure as driven snow kind of like our Supreme Court justices like maybe soda mayor that level of objectivity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we all can.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's you know, the whole the whole thing swirling around medicaid and whether immigrants, illegal immigrants otherwise are eligible for Medicaid or not. It's a it's very confusing and a lot of people don't even know. That's why we had to hear from at least a couple of politicians, most notably Senator Eric Schmid the other day, trying to set the record straight on whether or not the BBB cuts Medicaid for the one point four million illegal aliens. The The provision that was struck by the Parliamentarian was the sort of penalty provision because the federal government does not authorize or justify illegal immigrants under medicaid, so states are free to expand their Medicaid roles to pay for them themselves, like California did, which put them in a big budget problem. The provision that was struck was a ten percent reduction in payments and reimbursements for eligible Medicaid That was a design to penalize states who expanded the roles to include illegal immigrants. So if you expanded you covered illegal immigrants, we're going to cut your medicaid reimbursement by ten percent. That's what got cut by the parliamentarian at least as I currently understand it. Very confusing Jay, and so much so that there was an article by John Sexton over it. I believe it was town Hall. He concluded his whole analysis of this. So, as I set up atop, it's actually difficult to figure out what is happening here well, the new eligibility requirement force cuts and if so, how will it work. I'm sure someone is going to write a story explaining what the remaining section the bill does, but so far I'm not seeing it. I'll try to update this today or tomorrow once it's been made more clear.
Speaker 9: So well as difficult as that is to understand, what I do understand is Harry Reid and a Barack Obama put her into power, and Republicans haven't rooted her out, So get rid of her and let's get our own people in her instead of having hangover from the Obama administration appointed by Harry Reid for crying out loud, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to look into what the rules are regarding how the appointment is made and how long that person sits in that particular position. Because I agree with you completely, I mean, the whole process for me is well beyond my understanding. I will purpose be playing to admit, or I'd answer the question and make some argument and support of what you're saying. But obviously, I think I would think that if they were able to replace the Senate parliamentarian with someone who's more aligned with conservative values Republican principles, that they would have done it. So what's stopping them from doing exactly what you're suggesting? He asked out loud.
Speaker 4: Kevin, you're next.
Speaker 3: You don't mind hold in just a moment, Gonna be right back after these brief words. The talk station by forty if if I have ksee the talk station Happy Wednesday? It stacker stupid coming up after we talked to Kevin. Who's kind enough to hold over the break there? Kevin, Welcome to the morning Show. Good to hear from me this morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian, Happy Thursday Thursday?
Speaker 3: Eve fair enough?
Speaker 8: Had I had to just toss in a comment regarding Bobby's non FCC compliant current.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that caught me off I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: But but yeah, Actually, the other reason I was gonna uh if I could get your comments regarding Massy and uh fran Paul just not sure where they're at, not sure where their brains are at these days.
Speaker 3: Well they're sticking with their off stated principles. Is I mean, I always defend Massy on that. I know how he's going to vote on any piece of legislation before he even votes on it, because he is always lockstep consistent with his views of the Constitution, and he sees we are on a spending trajectory that is literally unsustainable. Just one and again another article today about social security crisis is coming and it is coming very very fast. Why don't we fix that. We got a spending problem in the country. We spend too much on the American military. As much as I love the American military, you can't pass the blanket audit. And here we are giving them additional almost with two hundred billion dollars or something like that. There's a multitude of reasons why he's angry Senator ran Paul. The debt sealing, increasing it five trillion dollars. I mean, that's just the waving a red flag around saying we're going to increase the debt five trillion dollars beyond where it is now. We're already at one hundred percent a debt service or what is it, a trillion dollars annual debt service on that that's only going to get worse. I'm not voting for that.
Speaker 8: I mean another bank, another blank check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, being boiled down. They're just expressed. Somebody's got to, you know, at least by them speaking and drawing attention to their arguments, it elevates it to a level of discussion. If you didn't have them out there, and everybody capitulated and caved around the corners and like, all right, I'm wanting to sacrifice my principles this time because it's so important we get this thing through. I understand those arguments and reasons. Hell some of them did that in the Senate just the other day. But because they are so outspoken, because they are you know, the chink and the armor or the speed bump in the system, at least their arguments get advanced and you have to address them. Five trillion dollars, I said it rampulse on his hands of five trillion dollars. Why does it have to be so much? If you just pair that back, I'll be a yes on it. That's his one concern. You know, there's no no opportunity to put the brakes on once you raise it that much. Just open the floodgates.
Speaker 8: Thirteen hours, they read that it was a beautiful bill for thirteen hours.
Speaker 3: It was sick. Actually, Kevin, actually was sixteen hours.
Speaker 8: Sixteen hours. Let's say, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: Well as your bottom line boiled down answer, at least from my standpoint, We'll have congress from Assy back on the program to talk about his specific reasons and which he's made known in the morning show in the past and he will do again in the future. Appreciate the call, Kevin. Let's see here over to the stack is stupid, ut up, up up. I'm trying to figureut where we are here. The co typ Kotati Police Department officers that they found more than seventy empty bud light can searching a dy suspects suv over the weekend driver struggling to stay in one lane when he was stopped. During the stop. Officers note an open beer can in the SUV's cup holder field. Sobriety tests lugily showed the man was driving in the blood alcohol content a point twenty five, more than three times the legal limit, ar wrestler for duy and driving with a suspended license, license suspended from a prior DUI. According to the Police Department, A courting the CPD of the statement. Once the driver was arrested, search of the inside of his car was completed in over seventy empty beer cans were located. We want to remind everyone that drinking and driving is not worth it. The outcome could have been much worse at our officers not stop the driver. I hope that's not from one single binge guy just doesn't his car out very regularly. See here We got to Saginaw, Michigan, where Michigan State Police released new information about a suspect who was killed after holding an employee hostage at a bank Friday. State police said thirty one year old Clinton Marksy Allen took a mercantile back employee hostage in Saginaw. Allen did not have a gun, but he did have a weapon, according the state Police, Lieutenant Kim Vetter, speaking with news, she did not specifically say what the weapon was, but during the hostage situation. Vetter said a drone was used to lower a twenty four ounce Red Fago soda in a bag to mister Allen. When Allen exposed himself to grab the FAGA, law enforcement could see him through the buildings. Class State Police set A trooper then shot and killed Allan. He never was able to grab the bag, according to the state Police. After he was shot, State police said the hostage came out of the bank for help, victim injured and take them to local hospital for treatment. Please still investigating Allen's motive. I guess they figured out somewhere along the line that he wanted a red Fagoh that's actually pretty dang funny. Let's see here. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Maybe not funny, but also just a great operation coming up on eighty years family ownership and operation. Three generations of Zimmer family. Currently Chris Zimmer at the Helm and they do wonderful work for all your HVAC needs. They'll service what you got, they'll fix what you've got, or they'll replace it if it's garnebelly up your HVAC system. Contact my friends at Zimmer who represent the company that invented air conditioning. That's carrier. They make a wonderful system and a savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. So take advantage and take a little sting out of the idea that you got to replace your system. Sorry sucks to you. That's what home ownership can be. But again with Zimmer taking the edge off it, it's great time to get in touch them for all HVAC needs. Go online, go Zimmer dot com. Learn all about what these services are that they offer an easily scheduled appointment upper right hand corner on the website Go Zimmer dot com, or call them directly at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five KRC in Today's Marketer five point fifty eat great Chris Cornell five three eight hundred two three talk over the phones, will go cribbage. My, you're gonna be there next week for our cribbage game at Listener Lunch.
Speaker 8: That's just right down the street.
Speaker 7: Brian, you know I'll be.
Speaker 3: There wandering monsters. Have you been there before?
Speaker 11: I have not, but uh I hear a lot of good things about it.
Speaker 3: Great that's what I've been hearing as well. So, uh, what's what's uh, what's going on this morning? Mike.
Speaker 11: So I was sitting in my office yesterday and it caught my ear when I hear this uh anti Congressman Massy commercial and this from my Life TV. I was able to rewind it and I and I sent you a copy of the audio.
Speaker 10: But I don't know if you've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it, Okay, I regularly admit and I always feel embarrassed to regularly admit it. But it's my wind down hour, the seven to eight o'clock hours when I sit down right and and mindlessly watched Wheel of Fortune and the Jeopardy and they ran that spot. I must have been three times during that hour.
Speaker 11: So, and like you just said, this is who Tom Massey is. That there is no different there. So the fact and everything that he's gone through his life here, especially personally, I don't I don't think he's losing any sleep over it, and it calls me that's going to be besides it, there's gonna be more people besides Warren Davidson and Tom Massey. They're going to object with the Senate just passed back to the house. You know, we're all tired of hearing the same tune. Well, we need to get this one through and we'll worry about the deficit later. No, because here we are again, and as you said, he's bringing up the discussion point putting the first and forefront because it is huge monsters waiting to You know, it's not a wandering monster either.
Speaker 10: It's right there.
Speaker 3: Thirty seven trillion dollars it is, and growing every single day. But well, that's why we've got commersoms around. And I appreciate my friends in the Commonwealth for continuing to re elect them in the face of challenges. So we'll see if if this one has any legs, Mike, this challenge has any legs, I tend to doubt it. If I was going to put my money on something, I put my money on Massy. Great to hear from you, Mike. Appreciate the call over to the stack is stupid.
Speaker 7: M m.
Speaker 3: Maryland woman violently attacked recently after she honked at another car that had suddenly stopped. Jillian Canner said she just finished a twelve hour shift as a nurse at the hospital, leaving work. Said when she had to honk at a car for stopping in the middle of the road in Rosdell, Maryland. Now, she's recovering from injuries and is sort of in a state of difficult disbelief over what happened. Speaking with local news there, HELI completely stopped, so I honked and got into the other lane and just drove off. Then I see him in my rear view of mirror, speeding all the way to catch up to me. That's when he got out of the car and started screaming at me. I pulled the window up, trying to ignore him, tried to be an adult about it. He kicked out my back window and he just started screaming, why are you honking? I have kids in the car, said, After hearing the commotion of the glass breaking, she got out of the car to see what happened. She told the driver she was calling nine one one, She said. The man then threw her phone and glasses to the ground and started throwing punches, saying, he punched me in the face when I tried to call the police. Doctors initially worried the punches might have torn her left corneump, but she just got black eye and several broken blood vessels. Tried to stop him from leaving by standing in front of his car. She fell down. That's when witnesses, including a paramedic, stop to help her. To the police with a license plate number. Candaer said, the subject landed several punches and drove off laughing. So far, police have not yet made an arrest just Away man Okay one more go to Miami, Florida. Valet attendant for a high rise apartment building in Miami's Brickelnecker neighborhood arrested after he took off in a residence vehicle. Court to the rest report from the Miami Police Incident Kurt at about three am, victim told officers she dropped off. He dropped off his car with a valet attendant identified as Augusto Cesar san Diego Trows, twenty three years old, in Miami outside of the apartment building. Instead of going up to his apartment. Up to his apartment, he walked down to the street to the smoke shop to pick up some smokes. He was leaving the store saw san die San Dio Troz speeding away excessively in his vehicle, nearly hitting the building at one point. Police said the victim of Tames. Surveillance video capturing his actions courted the rest report. The valet attend and it admitted to something, although his exact statement was redacted from the publicly released report. Arrested charged with grand theft of motor vehicle being held at the Turner Guildford Night Correction Center. So kind of reminding of Ferris Mueller's day off five five fifty five kr SE the talk station plenty to talk about in the six o'clock hour. Feel free to direct the steer the direction of the conversation as I'd like to point out by giving me a call. I'll be right back after the news will be called the twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 12: Another update at the top of the hour the use of military course.
Speaker 3: Fifty five R see the talk station in the podcast The United Play and Buck. Here is where we are right now.
Speaker 13: We are rocking plenty, Travis and Buck Sexton kicking ass.
Speaker 3: And taking Nate today at noon on fifty five krs Teddy six or six Here I fifty about kr CD talk station and have d Wensday inviting phone calls. I am as I always do. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk or hit pound five fifty if you have an AT and T funk, get you right on into Joe's trek, or put you on the on the caller screen. Coming up seven thirty with Donovomino Americans for Prosperity. They're urging lawmakers to override Dewines vetos, some of which relate to property tax. We get a chance to talk about that yet, but we can. But they did try to give us some measure of relief, and DeWine struck those provisions in his line item veto, So we'll hear what he has to say about that or what other vetos that Dwine had. There were sixty seven of them. AFP wants to have overturned. So it's an opportunity to overturn the vetos. Big Beautiful Bill also comment on that that up coming up at seven thirty, followed by Steve Belzo from the Claremont County Veteran Services has some great information to pass on to my veteran friends, and again salute to the various veteran services out there, including Clairemont County of course, for the great work they do for our local veterans. State Senator George Langab talking about ohighest budget at eight five, looking forward to having Senator lying on the program, and of course it being Wednesday, we'll hear from Judge Anena Politano, Independent State, twenty twenty five. Question, are you freer now than the the folks were in the colonies under King George? Good question and not quit, sir? Which direction to go? There's still all this this swirling question marks about illegal aliens on Medicaid. And one of the problems was is the Senate Parliamentarian, as we were bringing up in the last hour, struck various provisions from the big beautiful bill because apparently they didn't pass the bird test that you know, the bird bath that they go through named after Senator Robert Byrd. This is again reconciliation. Senators typically prohibited from using a reconciliation bill to advanced provisions that are related to spending or taxes. Now, it seems to me medicaid spending in the level of reimbursement, because in any particular state is a spending related matter. But it was Listen, the Senate Parliamentarian said it was an instructive for vision. Out question is, are are we providing illegal medicaid illegal immigrants? Senator Eric Schmidt's trying to set the record straight, and this is what he had to say, although it's still confusing, he post on x. He dismissed himbers, suggesting that the medicaid ban for illegal immigrants had been removed from the bill. I don't know that it was a ban. Reference page six oh two, section seventy seven one oh nine, saying, look right, there remains part of the legislation. You said, the big beautiful bill will remove medicaid coverage one point four illegal immigrants, explaining that a Monday Voterama there was an amendment to block medicaid for illegal immigrants and it was rejected. That video spread around online that led people to believe that the provision had been entirely removed for the bill. But he clarified that this is just one of several what they call messaging amendments to pressure Democrats into publicly exposing opposing specific measures. They're on record now being against a ban on medicaid funding for illegal immigrants convicted a serious crimes. So it sort of a subset of the broader illegal immigrant category, he said on his post on AX it was meant to show the public how radical they are. The ban itself was already in the bill, it was never taken out, and it wasn't just a ban on some medicaid for illegal immigrants with who commit heinous crimes. It applies to all medicaid for all illegal immigrants, highlighting the Senate version of the Big Beautiful Bill goes further than just cutting off Medicaid access to one point four million illegal immigrants. It does also mandate the state's verify an applicant citizenship before granting coverage. That's still in there, blocks automatic Medicaid rollment for children of illegal immigrants, and explicitly bars DACA recipients from receiving medicaid. Back pointed out that as of April twenty twenty five, Washington, d C. Provides government funded health care to individuals regardless of their immigration status. Additionally, seven states Colorado, California, Illinois, Minnesota, New York, Oregon, and Washington along with DC, do offer government health care to undocumented adults, but they shoulder the burden for that. I think the provision that was the Senate parliamentarian struck was a reduction in Medicaid reimbursement rates to those states that do embrace and pay for illegal immigrants, although again it's on the state dollar. The state funds that because they're not eligible under current law, apparently, But all this swirl around brings up all this question, who in the hell is the Senate parliamentarian and what right does she have to strike these various provisions. Elizabeth McDonagh's her name, been doing this for a dozen years, described as the Chambers referee, a non partisan enforcer of its rules and precedents, and what typically is a behind the scenes advisory role. A lot of Republicans came out and are very critical of the decisions striking these various provisions. Oklahoma Senator Mark Wayne Mullen to McDonald's rejection to some of the bill's provisions, most importantly one that would have forced states to shoulder more of the Medicaid funding burden. Scenes politically motivated Tommy two Reveal senator from Alabama claimed that she should be fired asap, while on the other hand, some GOP senators defended her decision, insisting that while they might disagree with some of her rulings, they would go ahead and abide by them rather than seeking a vote to overrule them, which was what Trump wanted to do. And you can vote to override the parliamentary's decision, and you can also replace her. From what I read this morning, it takes fifty one votes. So when I put a new person in there, that's maybe leans a little more politically to our side of the ledger rather than the other side. Senator Lindsay Graham said he had no intention of trying to overrule the parliamentarium. Missouri Senator Josh Hawley said he just can't imagine Republicans would have enough votes to do so in a chamber where they only hold fifty three steats seats, saying we're not going to throw the parliamentarian under the bus. That a stavement from Senator Lisa Murkowski. Murkowski, So don't you find it a little bit strange that the Republicans could put somebody else in that place? And that doesn't guarantee that the decisions wouldn't be the same relative to this bird rule that has to be applied. But they could vote to overrule the striking of those various provisions under the Bird rule, and they could vote to get her out of that particular role. They just don't do it. And this sort of makes you scratch your head.
Speaker 4: Well why not?
Speaker 3: Those are pretty important provisions consistent with Donald trum you know, messaging campaign promises and alike. Trump was on I commented on this this past Friday. The parliamentarian has been a little difficult, and I would say that I disagree with the parliamentarian on some of the things, and on other ways she's been fine, but we'll have to see not exactly a profoundly a profound statement in so far as directions to the Republican of what he wants them to do. Apparently I don't know. She was the first woman to serve as the parliamentarian and appointed by Democrats again, been in the role for a long time. So I'm scratching my head of the whole thing. And it is very confusing as to where we are on this Medicaid coverage. Apparently undocumented immingrants generally not eligible for federally funding Medicaid. Okay, that's then the rule. The Center bill aimed to reduce federal funding the states that use their own state funds to provide medicaid coverage on documented immigrants. That was the provision that was struck, which I think they were hoping would act as an incentive for those states. Listen, if you got a shoulder the larger share of the medicaid payment. In other words, the Feds are not going to reimburse you as much. If you have put illegal immigrants on the Medicaid rolls. It's going to suck for you, and that would force those states to reconsider their decision to cover illegal immigrants, put them in a financial position. Hell, California just had to change its law which expanded Medicaid to all illegal immigrants pairrot back significantly because their budget was collapsing. So that's effectively what it was trying to move through. But where we are right now, I guess I really can't say definitively. I personally have not sat down with all nine hundred and seventy plus pages of the bill to figure out what's in it, and I didn't sit through the sixteen hour reading on Sunday five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk oh pound five fifty on eight and t phones. Maybe you can put some flesh on the bones of what we're talking about here this morning. Maybe something else is on your mind. Either way you want to go it, say okay with me, and you might want to go to QC Kinetics. If you're dealing with pain, knee pain and hit pain, shoulder of pain. You've been deal with it for a long time, been through a whole bunch of different batteries of steroid shots and always comes back. Now you're talking about surgery with your doctor, you know what, how about trying something different before heading on off to surgery and dealing with the issues and problems go along with that. Why not give QC Kinetics a call and take them up on their free consultation to find out if these advanced cellular therapies like platelet rich plasma are right for you. What these are designed to do is help your body heal itself, no masking the pain. It goes to the root of the problems. Cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing properties that maximize your body's ability to heal itself. And according to folks from QC Kinetics, they got a ninety two percent stisfaction rate from their patients, So that's pretty dang substantial. So before the S word, and grabbing a hold of that when I'm going under the knife. How much giving him a call? Why not ask five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine, five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 14: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Uh channel nine. Weether forecast says we have a stick to kind of day to day. Plenty of sun though eighty seven for the high down to sixty six overnight with clear sky's sunny, sticky in eighty seven tomorrow and again overnight clear in sixty six. On Independence Day, it's gonna be mostly sunny day. It'll be dry forth fireworks aok. Ninety one degrees for the high though sixty six. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 12: You see traffic center. The University of Sinsinami Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five.
Speaker 4: U ce ce C.
Speaker 12: Cruise continue to work with a rollover wreck on Spring Grove at Danes, Traffic elsewhere not all that bad. He spend two seventy five. There's a broken down near mostellar, but they're over on the shoulder. Chuck Ingram on fifty five Kara Seed talk Station.
Speaker 3: Sixty KCD talk station, Happy Wednesday to you go to the phones five went three seven eight two three talk order in which they received, which means, Brian, you're first welcome.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Brian, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Right back at you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just listed yesterday.
Speaker 16: And the day.
Speaker 15: I think we need to make a full hour for what Washington, d C, New York and Cincinnati politicians are doing and make it all the stack of stupid.
Speaker 3: I have no argument with that.
Speaker 15: Yesterday especially, I mean stackas you went right into New York, and that stack of stupid last in the nextra half an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that place is falling apart. I still get over the guy that's got the nominee for mayor of the city that is just an outright communist, And I don't know, I think it creates more problems for the Democrats. Quite honest, with every talking head and every Democrat is willing to offer an opinion on that once to duck the issue. They're not endorsing that guy, they're not necessarily dissing themselves from them, but they don't want to be pinned to the commie label that their party is moving more and more toward. I mean, what do they have to offer as the party other people's money? Yeah, exactly, free stuff and things.
Speaker 15: Exactly where's my free stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it boils down to. Yeah, if you think a lot of people's hearts and minds can be won over with the free stuff and things offered, So that seems to be the only direction the Democrats have to go these days. New Hampshire, Gary, Welcome back to the Morning show. Always a pleasure hearing from you, sir, hey.
Speaker 2: Speaking of stock and stupid and taking other people's monkey. Let's talk about Ohio and that Paul Brown Stadium or or the Cleveland Brown Stadium thing. Huh to talk about? There you go giving other people other people's money all alone on that and you're paying the interest. Isn't that great? There's no difference between a communists and a Democrat and my feelings they're not.
Speaker 3: Well, well, that's that was that's the Republicans doing that.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That's a communist.
Speaker 3: Going back to Yeah, going back to Elon musk uniparty comment, everybody's on pretty much the same piece of playing field. Just who's getting the taxpayer dollars. Not a question of whether or not anybody should get or labor, but it's a question of whose interest of being served by which which party?
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, uh, what I really called about? I just heard that I had to go on a tirade. Hey, there's a really good picture of what's going on in the Palisades, which is absolutely nothing. You know, all those people up in the uh uh uh but what six months after the fire and still nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's one thing you can definitely say about California. It is not a smooth process to get anything built there.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember all the promises, Oh, we'll get it cleaned up way. Oh well, you're just kidd it. Strike through. So again more communist failure, failure. But they're not going to be called on it because they can't wait for the whole place to look like Detroit.
Speaker 3: They keep voting the same people back in office. Jick, Gary, That's exactly what they're going to get, no question in my mind. Hey, maybe this is an opportunity for change. They went through so much garbage under the current administration. Leadership out there obviously failed epically when it came to dealing with the wildfire. The entire state failed epically when it came to getting ahead of the wildfires and taking care of the infrastructure and clearing the brush and making sure the power lines were in good shape. Failure, failure, failure. They had that reservoir shut off. It was completely drained and empty because they didn't get around to fixing it before the wildfires showed up. Wildfires that were predicted by literally everyone. Songs have been written about the wildfires. They've had wildfires in the past. It's a fact of life living out there. But did the administration and prior administration do anything. No, So, you know, the very definition is stupid is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Do you think they're going to do that to themselves again when they get another chance to go out to the voters and to to the ballot box and vote. It seems to me they're maybe ripe for a political change in the winds. I know I'm talking about California here, but you know what, someone who tries to be logical and spring from a sense of common sense and reason and living and observing. We live in a country where we have majority of people who voted for Donald Trump. Donald Trump whose party has gotten the Republican Party to expand to be the party of the people, the working piece, not the elite rich, which the Democrats always labeled the Republican Party of And they still run around screaming oligarch here and oligarch there, when in fact they're the ones that have gravitated over to that elitist mentality and oligarch mentality. So I see the possibility of change, and it's only within my lifetime. The Republican the California went full on blue. Will people change direction hoping for some different outcome. When you choose a different direction with your political leaders, I think they. I just seem to have read just the other day that California relaxed a lot of these zoning laws which prohibited development. Why because well, Pacific Palisades needs to be rebuilt. The Democrats put all these rules and regulations and impediments to development into law, and now they got a backpedal on it when reality smacks them in the face. Hmm, maybe we were wrong. At least in a crisis, they're willing to unring that bell and make things a little smoother, so people can move on with their lives, maybe because their jobs depend upon it. Going back to my point earlier about a change in the political wins six twenty sixth. If you FI have KCD talk station, feel free to agree or disagree, feel free to call in, feel free to hang out. We're gonna do local stories next, apps and phone calls and get in touch with the Emory Federal Credit Union and sign up for the golf outing. Yeah, it's coming up. The annual golf Finding A Federal Credit Union does it every year, and every year I show up. Every year. I speak a few words at the Emory Federal Credit Union golf Finding benefits since a children's hospital charitable fund, that's what is really the important thing to note. So get all the details over at EMORYFCU dot org. I was looking for my notes. I can't remember that there. It is right there. August eighteenth. Yeah, four Bridges Country Club is where it is always a great outing, and I think the weather has complied every single year, and I've been speaking in front of the for that event every year. So EMORYSCU dot org is where you get all the details. But nineteenth Annual Charity golf tournament benefiting since SNY Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund helping out folks on life's margins EMORYFCU.
Speaker 14: Dot Org fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Here is you'rer channeline first one and weather forecasts sunny day to day, sticky eighty seven for the high clear skis over night sixty six Tomorrow just like today, sticky Sonny eighty seven with the overnight lowest sixty six and clearsky Independence Day mostly sunny all the way up to ninety one sixty five degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 12: Friendly you see how traffic center the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center Hany's the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation.
Speaker 4: The future of cancer care.
Speaker 12: Is here called five one three five eighty five u SECC Highway traffic in pretty good shape. Just beginning to see some heavier volume sap Bend two seventy five approaching the Carroll Crop for bridge crews continue to work with a Siria Sangston and on spring grow ad Dane. You want to avoid that area. Shot King Braman fifty five K. See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six point thirty fifty five kr C The talk station Happy Wednesday, because someone was circulating an article appeared on the enquire about boycotting Independence Day. It's this People's Union USA AVIS advocacy group that's been behind a bunch of boycotts, both boycotting Target and Walmart and McDonald's calling for a boycott of Independence Day, urging participants to avoid parades, fireworks shows, and flag displays, saying stay home only support small local businesses, not major corporations. Don't go out and protest on July fourth. You might be seen in the streets. It might be perceived to be a showing of patriotism. We wouldn't want to have any of that. The guy behind this, some guy named Schwartz. What's his first name, John Schwartz, People's Union in USA. There is no Independence to celebrate right now this year. We don't show up. We don't protest in the streets. We don't clash with police. We simply disengage. Well, I'm not gonna abye by that. I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want. I'm happy with I'm happy to be in a free country. At least the document says we are see here two adults are under arrest after a toddler died. This happened yesterday morning an apartment complex in Adams County. Sheriff's Office reporting on this one, deputies arrested two subjects, twenty three year old Brian Moser aka Terry Smith. The third all right twenty five year old Tim Hawkins, currently being held in the Adams County Jail for child endangerment. According to the news release from the Sheriff's Department, they report that the Adams County Communications that have got a nine to one one called nine am about the two year old being unresponsive at the timber Ridge apartment complex. Deputy's emergency cruise showed up find the titdler was not breathing and the two year old was pronounced dead at the scene by the Adams County Corner's Office, taking to Montgomery County for autopsy. Cause of death not currently known at this time. Investigation is continuing. Poor Kid, fifty five year old man is now dead after an assault that took place back in March. Since Saint Police said Dion Briggs died of his injuries Monday. Coorder release by a police lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham. Assault report on the forty one hundred block of King's Run Drive at nine thirty pm March twenty eighth, emergency cruse got there. They found Briggs with serious physical injuries, taking the UC Medical Center and died three months later. Police did not say if a suspect was in custody, so if you got any information on that assault, police contact the since Saint Police Harm Homicide Unit five one, three, three, five, two thirty five forty two. A motorcycle accident. Fifty six year old motorcycle is dead. This after a crash into a tractor to the high State Highway Patrol, Brown County. Both drivers ejected motorcyclist Ricky Laws of Felicity and sixty eight year old Hammersville man on the tractor. Laws fifty six pronounced dead of the scene at court of the troopers. Tractor driver transported with minor injuries to the mount Or of Mercy. That crash also remains under investigation. Got one person killed in a three vehicle crash happened yesterday afternoon. Lieutenant Chadsmith of the Higose State Highway Patrol set a two thousand and six Lexus Es driven by Malika Sari of Kettering. She was sixty heading north on Robinson Vale Road, Leisha Graham, forty six, West Carunton, heading southeast on State Route one twenty three, and a twenty twenty hun Day lieutenant said the twenty fifteen car number three GMC Sierra, driven by Millard Adams, seventy nine of Carlisle, headed northwest on one twenty three. State high Patrol said Sari's Lexus failed to stop at a stop sign, striking Graham's Lantra, which was then struck by Adams GMC Sierra. Graham the only one who was the only one in the Alantra pronounced dead at the scene. Graham was not wearing her seatbelt at the time of the crash. Sary Adams and his wife taking an Atria Medical Center with non life threatening injuries. The crash remains under investigation by the State Highway Patrol.
Speaker 15: OH.
Speaker 3: Little miniature plague update here locally since an area health department asking residents to protect themselves after a mosquito sample came back positive for West Nile virus, first contron confirmed detection in the city this year, and the virus specifically found in Madisonville, situated between Oakley, Fairfax and the Kenwood Area Health officials conducting their routine watch from mosquito borne disease by collecting and testing thesagidio samples. That's when they found the West Nile virus in one of the samples. Now asking residents take precautionary measures against the virus can spread to humans through mosquito bites. We've just confirmed it's here in our local mosquito population, they said in the release. Dump standing water and where a mosquito repellent, especially at dawn and dusk. They said, So those are two steps you can take to reduce the mosquito population and protect yourself from potentially cracking and collecting or contracting rather West Nile. It's six point thirty five right now, fifty five KRC the talk station. Feel free to give me a call and feel free to get in touch with Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove. You got a chimney haven't inspected. You know, water damage is a real problem up there. You know, the older your home get things fall apart, flashing comes back. Water damage can be a factor. So the Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove is happy to come over to your place and for free do an exterior evaluation. Of your chimney. So whether you've got a wood burner or a gas one, go ahead have them check it out. You could have water damage up there and you don't even know about it. They're experts at everything related to chimneys and fireplaces. They have the pros that can fix any problems that they discover. That's one thing. The other thing is the woodburning sweep in evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine. A certified chimney sweep does a video camera inspection and a full sweep. The camera inspectional to find out if you do a kreoso build up, but also see if you had a prior chimney fire and which probably would crack your lining. You can also burn your house down, which is one of the reasons you want to do this. So one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax excellent investment in your safety. So the two ways you can make an appointment code to the website. Learn more about Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove at chimneycareco dot com or call them up at five one three two four eight ninety six hundred and eight plus the BBB five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 14: Fifty five KRC Taylor History fans, I heeartread.
Speaker 3: It's six forty fifty five KRC Detalk Station's very Happy Wednesday to you call it. Earlier in the show, talking about stories coming out of New York with the Communist winning the primary, of course, the antics going on in Washington, d C. With the big beautiful Bill, and the back and forth between the even just within the Republican Party, notwithstanding what the Democrats are saying about it, and the craziness going on here in the city of Cincinnati. Crime and the deafening silence from our elected officials and dealing with crime and other elements all belong in the stack is stupid and you couldn't make an argument with that. And here's here's a similar one. We can throw this into the mix, all right. So they just announced, and you know, I don't know what the backstory is on this, but apparently the j Edgar Hoover Building where the FBI currently reside, is falling apart, and the Trump administration just decided they're going to move the headquarters from the Jaegar Hoover Building just down the street to the Ronald Reagan Building. It's only a couple of blocks away, accord to the reports. I'm not familiar with the geography and DC, but they were talking about moving it farther away green Belt, Maryland specifically, that's where the original decision they were going to change. They had been talking about this for quite some time. FBI Director Cash Hotel said moving to the Ronald Reagan Building is the most cost effective and resource efficient way to carry out our mission to protect American people in the hold of constitution. The Hoover Building apparently is crumbling. We could describe it as having crumbling infrastructure, and they've had to put nets to keep the infrastructure from falling on people's heads. Sounds like a familiar issue here in the city of Cincinnati. Question of where to move the FBI has been apparently a political fight. So Greenbelt, Maryland or down the street to the Wagon Building. Apparently it's going to the Reagon Building, FBI said in a statement yesterday. The previous efforts focused on constructing a new suburban campus, which would have cost the taxpayers billions of dollars and would have taken years to construct. Going back to cash Retel's point, this saves us all money, good and the stack of stupid partkart comes in. Look. Someone wrote wtf next to this. Democratic lawmakers immediately said they planned to fight the switch from Greenbelt, Maryland to the Wagon building down the street, saying the plan to move to green Belt was already final and the money was appropriated. Now we have a perfectly good space. It's just mere blocks away and won't cost the taxpayer billions of dollars and won't take years to construct. It's a much better, quicker plan, and it works, says the head of the FBI. Of course, the Democrats are going to fight it. It's something that Donald Trump's administration wants to do in the name of fiscal responsibility. Something actually is accomplished for us, and the Democrats don't want to do it. Why well, we got a money appropriated, Well tell you what, take it out of the stack of appropriated money and put it someplace else, or how about this just don't spend it period. Let's score to the phones, Jamie, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 17: Thanks Brian, good morning. In case anybody was still wondering about my wine and his shenanigans during COVID, he vetos three items that come against children and families directly. One is the educational savings account for family to attend non charter, non tax schools. The second is the cap on public schools, where families would actually get money back if they are holding more than fifty percent of the taxpayer money. And third is keeping sexual content and books out of the hands of children under the age of eighteen at the libraries. He vetoed all three of the.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've seen other vetos. I had sixty seven of them. I haven't had a chance to go through all of them, but I makes you scratch your head and wonder why what was wrong with those provisions. It seems to me that that's the vast majority of Lisa's constituents one, I mean, even constituents on the other side of the political ledger, although I'm not sure what side of the political ledger to Wine is on, but in terms of school choice and education, I think most everybody wants that option on their plate.
Speaker 17: Yeah. Well, I think there's some talks that they're going to go back, and I mean, I guess there's a mechanism to allow the House and the Senate to pull those things.
Speaker 3: Back in they can vote to override they can vote to override the vetos.
Speaker 17: Yes, yeah, that would that would be the thing to do. Like you said, the constituents those things. I don't understand the library provision. To me, that is really out of bounds. I mean he's basically saying no, they should have sexual content books in their hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't get that one. I'd have to read the specific provision that he vetos to understand the size and scope of it. But my position on that has always been, if you're in a k through say six or eight, you know that that kindergarten through say middle school level, you have your own library in the school, At least I did growing up. It wasn't a general public library where everything is widely available. And I don't know that they can live content like you can go in and get the Marquis de Sads one hundred and twenty Days of Sodom at the public library. And I wouldn't want any young person reading that horrific. I mean, it's just disgusting what that guy was able to come up with in his head. But there it is readily available and the most graphic thing you've probably ever read. But would you carry that particular book or any of this other sexual content in a library that's designed for young people, that is limited in size and therefore limited in what it can even put on the shelves. And what kind of twisted individual selects given the finite amount of space sexual content for presentation to someone who's say K through six. That decision making alone, I find just just repellent. It's disgusting, it's abhorrent. You've chosen to select sexually related content to the exclusion of literally everything else that could have gone in that space, that limited space on the shelf. That's crazy, folks. My standpoint, I'm sorry, I'll get your call if you don't mind holding just a minute. Got out of time in the segment with that ramble. Foreign Exchange a great place to take your imported car traditionally imported cars. I did they make quote unquote imported cars here in America like Toyota's. But you know, if you've got one, you want to go to Foreign Exchange to save money. Now you will be very happy with the service I have been for I think it's at least a decade I've been taken money. I mean, we all own imported cars in the Thomas family. So that's where they go. And I wish I could calculate how much money I've saved over the years by taking it to Foreign Exchange. But it's a heap load. And you have an a SE certified Master technician working on your car. They have data access to the technical information, software upgrades, they do everything. You get a full warranty on parts in service. And difference between the dealer and the independence at Foreign Exchange is the cost. And I'm telling you autobile repairs have gone through the roof of late, not that they were always, not that they were ever inexpensive. So getting onto FOREGN Exchange. The Westchester locations one, I'm recommending this the Tylersville Road off exit off of I seventy five. I've just head east two streets hanging right on Kinglyn Real short jog right there. Find him online for an AX for in the letter X dot com and please tell him Brian said, how when you give him a call at that Westchester location five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 14: Fifty five krc OHC since me.
Speaker 3: Talk station, Happy Wednesday again. So far as that provision regarding the content of sexual orientation or gender content. It was apparently all public libraries. It would have required public libraries, not just ones limited to school libraries. The place books contained a referencing sexual orientation or gender in an area away from the public. Some argue, and maybe the reason he struck it because even books that reference a female character in the title could be blocked. That was the I guess maybe it was just too broad for the governor and therefore stricken. That's just one of many that was vetoed Mike, thanks for holding. Welcome to the Morning Show, Hey.
Speaker 6: Ryan, but uh name of Madonna or whatever his name?
Speaker 7: Up?
Speaker 3: And man Donnie, Yeah, mandanieah.
Speaker 18: A plit up a cartoonist alib i in there to day. If you take the third and fourth letter of his name and flit him and flip over the eye, it sells Madman fair enough.
Speaker 3: I will be able to unsee that. Mike appreciate it. I think we can. Most of us can agree that's a pretty appropriate label for that guy. Corey, Welcome to the Morning Show, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, Hey, morning I.
Speaker 19: Didn't know if you heard it. A gun decision and I'll sit the court saying federal lall banning eighteen nineteen twenty year olds from beible to buy hand guns and carry concealed on its face, the law is unconstitutional. Well, the Trump Department of Justice yesterday denied to great cert to the United States of Supreme Court to fight that challenge all on its face and listen to fit circuit eighteen nineteen to twenty year olds have every brightness anyone else to carry him buy a fire arm, which I think is cypercent correct decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're adults. I don't know how you draw a distinction between adult. You can be adult, you can enter to a contract, you can buy a house, you married, anything after the age of eighteen. I mean, I think you should be able to drink, if you can go serve your country in a war, if you could be drafted, if we re implemented the draft. Why not give you all the rights of an adult. What's this whole idea that twenty one somehow makes you more of an adult or something extra few years of life experience makes you more constitutionally eligible. I'm with you, Corey, appreciate the call, man, and I guess the US District Court Kathy ben sevengo out in California issued in order granting summary judgment finding California provision barring non residents from applying for a concealed care license violates the Constitution, so creating a second class of citizen California. If you move out there and you're a non resident, but you want a CCW license, they would say no, well not after this particular case.
Speaker 2: He died.
Speaker 3: I've got Jay on the line. Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Hey, Brian, how are you well.
Speaker 3: I hope you can say the same good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 10: Hey, I've talked to you before.
Speaker 20: I spent about twenty years in Portland, Oregon. You've seen the demise of the city, especially the downtown area. If the city council doesn't get its arms around this crime problem, it's going to turn into another Baltimore, Portland.
Speaker 2: Seattle, Los Angeles. You can't let this stuff go. You know.
Speaker 20: I've attended Bullyink, I've attended Octoberfest, all the fun things there are to do in OTR in downtown. The man, if people still keep getting shot, people will stop going downtown and it will fall apart.
Speaker 3: I saw it first, and you've talked about that before. J I remember your calls about it. I know it's a sickening and disturbing sight to see watching the city that you love and it was once beautiful fall apart because of well, failure of leadership. But you're right, it's one of the criticism Christopher Smithman levies all the time against the mayor and the city Council for not more outright and outlawed supporting the police department, their effort to crack down on crime, getting communities to work with and cooperate with the police departments to help get rid of the criminal element, to turn people in who they know who have committed crimes. All of those things can go a long way a long with what properly funding the police department and getting enough officers on the street, patrolling in neighborhoods, creating a visual presence so people feel safer and are more willing than to enter into the greater center of the Cincinnati area limits of the city of Cincinnati without fear that they're going to get attacked. Silence is profoundly deafening, And yeah, I hope it doesn't go that way as well. Six point fifty five coming up at six fifty six. Got a little bit to talk about before we get the Donovan Neil on the Big Beautiful Bill, as well as afp urging lawmakers to override to wines vitas. Going back to the point the caller made earlier about the education related vitas, be right back after the news.
Speaker 21: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if I Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 12: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Straight Talk seven oh five. Here at fifty five can receive this meat Talk station five Tight two three Talk nine five fifty on eighteen and t found cheff Old on one second take your call here to mom. We'll let you know Donovan and Neil Americans for Prosperity urging wallmakers to override the wines vitas. I was just looking at a long list of fairly comprehensive list of what he vetoed and some pretty surprising vetos built into are from Governor to Wine a puzzling one to say the least. So Donovan and Neil on that topic, as well as his comments on the so called Big Beautiful Bill. Steve Belzo from the Kamerl County Klemer County Veterans Services at seven forty has some interesting and fun information to pass along to our veterans out there. Senator George Lang State Senator. He'll be on the show at eight oh five. He'll be talking about the Ohio budget and maybe whether they will seek to override some of those dwine vetos. Judge Edita Palitano on Independence Day, which some left wing organizations are suggesting we sit out, boycott Independence Day. We're not really independent, they say we aren't, So stay home and don't participate, don't fly your flag, don't go to a parade. Okay. I choose to go the opposite direction of that conclusion. We need a celebrator independence in our freedom. Remember remember we, you know, while we still have some freedoms to celebrate. Judge Edalpano asking sort of the rhetorical question, are we more free now or than when we were under King George's thumb? Jeff, welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 8: Comar In most important, I hope you and yours and Joe and his are all healthy and happy.
Speaker 3: No complaints for me. I can't speak for Joe, but my world's great and I appreciate you asking. I hope you can say the same.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you, sir. Hey listen, what have your national news on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Start over again, because I think your call dropped out there. You said, now listen, so start from that point.
Speaker 8: No one can say your show is not fair and balanced, because when I listen to your national news feed, I'm constantly getting this crap about, like, for example, that the guy just goes, well, your tax cuts were made, but that's mostly for the rich, And I'm thinking, you idiot, if you can add, subtract, multiply, and divide, you might be able to figure out that the people that pay the most taxes are going to get the biggest tax break.
Speaker 3: Duh. Yeah, yeah that's it.
Speaker 8: What is iHeart Radio of owned you know a portion of the Democratic No.
Speaker 3: It's no, no, no, no, they it's at NBC News and you buy the news feed, all right, So you could buy Fox News. You can buy NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, pick a choice. They all have recorded news and they offer it as a service, but you got to pay for it. So I have a company that is looking to keep its bottom line in order I won't speak ill of my company because I don't want to necessarily bite the hand that feeds me. But they went for the cheapest news that was out there. That's how we ended up with that. They selected it. They don't care what the content is and they don't understand even that. I don't think anybody in corporate even listens to the fifty five KC Morning Show know what it's about. But most of the radio stations in the iHeart lineup, there's seven hundred and fifty of them, and they all basically, can you know, have news to run on them, whether they're music or talk or whatever. There's a multitude of different programs out there. They have one news feed and it's NBC.
Speaker 8: So well, I tell you what, Bud. In that case, God bless iHeartRadio because they definitely are willing to put a different point of view than I have. And if you just listen to the people that agree with you all the time.
Speaker 3: You don't learn anything.
Speaker 8: So yeah, but y'all take care.
Speaker 3: And thank appreciate it, Jeff. And it is a constant source of comments for a listening audience like why in the hell is that being run? And then you listen to the content, which is really it's kind of revealing, isn't it. Joe Strecker, Occasionally his finger will slip and you'll find that maybe content related to Hollywood or movies that are coming out, or frivolous nonsense that they put into the newsfeed. I know you don't know what I'm talking about, Joe. I'm not putting words in your mouth, but occasionally that won't run all the way. That's an editorial decision being made right there. But my point on it is, wait a second. Of all the things that are going on in this world, the unlimited number of well vitally important stories that are out there, ones that might impact us directly, ones that had brought implications for all of us, or famine, pestilence, disease, anything you want, budgets here and there, whatever happens to me, they're going to choose to use some segment of that limited amount of time to run an article about what some Hollywood celebrity said or did, or some new movie coming out. Free advertising is what that sounds like. I think that's very revealing. Anyway. Some of the vetos from Dwine is the information's coming out. He did cut out the provision that would require public libraries that place books referencing sexual orientation or gender in an area away from the public cut a provision that would have taken away some of the school district's savings, one that would cap the carryover revenue with fifty percent and then require anything above that to be ref into you and me the taxpayer. Well, Dwine apparently claimed that could have resulted in bankruptcy bankrupted districts at multiple schools. Well, if he got a forty percent carrier, that means he's sitting on a pile of money. So I'm not sure why he vetoed that. One veto to provision that would have helped us the property tax property taxpayers out there, a provision that would have allowed county budget commissions to unilaterally take money away from past school levi's if they find it reasonably necessary. No longer there vetoed what would have been a win for school choice proponents like me, providing two point would have provided two point five billion dollars over the buiannium for the state's voucher system that'd give taxpayer dollars for students to attend non charter, non public schools that would have been moved toward school choice. Let us see cut a provision requiring teenagers under the age of eighteen who have been tried and convicted as adults to be committed to a Department of Youth Service facility rather than Apartment of Rehabilitation and Correction facilities. I don't know how that actually got in there in the first instance. Now here's one somebody were wtf after me cut an item that would have stopped SNAP benefits for sugar sweetened beverages. Going back to my point that I made yesterday an outrage over this. You know, it's not nutrition. If it's sugar sweetened beverages chock full of a whole bunch of sugar, it's not nutritional. Ergo, it shouldn't be part of SNAP. In the first instance, this would have removed it. He vetoed that provision. That just really angers me, and no reporting on why. And there's a whole It's like I said, there's sixty sevent of these among you know, land and energy cuts, administrative vetos, tax related vetos, education related vetos. But that one's got out of my skin. Let's see what Eric's got this morning. Eric, thanks for calling. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 7: Morning Brian.
Speaker 22: I just wanted to call and kind of congratulate Joe on his fingerslip during the last news update that he killed the K pop article or whatever the heck they were.
Speaker 8: Going to say.
Speaker 22: I know, and I just want to say thank you for Joe.
Speaker 23: Thank God, bless Joe, my god, Hey man, brother, I appreciate you pointing that out, the mystercent iteration of the fingerslip, and I applaud Joe Strecker for me not having to suffer through the K pop reporting as well.
Speaker 3: Just like I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no idea what you're talking about. Measure my dad back in when he was still playing music on his morning show before the went all political and which happened in the eighties at some point. But he was still playing music when Madonna, I believe her first album came out and she was hits in the charts and all that kind of stuff, and you couldn't get away from hearing a Madonna song if you had the radio on, including AM radio. Well, Dad had a rather elevated level of hatred towards Madonna maybe kate, it's the wrong word. He didn't like her music, didn't like her, didn't want to have anything to do with her. So they had these what they called carts, a little eight track kind of looking things, and occasionally they did break because it was tape well anytime Madonna's cart came up, because he would get a rundown of all the songs he had to play that was pre programmed. And here, Jerry, these are the times when you play the following songs that he put him in a stack when he was getting ready to do the show during his show prep in the morning. That one always magically broke. Every time it was there, it broke. They went through a lot of carts with Madonna. I Love My Dad five three, seven hundred and eight two to three, Taco Tom Fi fifty on AT and T phones and get in touch with Suzette Low's camp across Country Mortgage. Just outstanding customer service. She is the best. And I even got a separate independent email from one of my listeners out there who took my advice to work with Susette Lowe's camp and she helped him get out of a real crazy situation hit his house paid off and there were some some issues with regard to the title, I guess, but she helped him out. He mentioned he was having some sleepless nights over the problem behind the scenes, and he said, imagine my surprise and delight when out of the LUs she called me to inform me that she had called in a favor to help me out, had the releases located and forward them to me so that I could relax. There were three releases, three open mortgages, and they shouldn't have been there. So she figured it out for him, just because he lamented to her during the prime. The time he was going he was working with her to refinance his mortgage. So it's got customer service are the best. Whosette is absolutely phenomenal to what she does. Been thirty five years in the mortgage business team with Cross Country Mortgage. Whatever state you're sitting in and hearing me from, she can help you out and no junk fees or application fees, just great rates at low cost and that superior customer service. So whatever your mortgage related need happens to be work with the best. Five one three three, one three fifty one seventy six five one three three, one three fifty one, seventy six center an emails Susette dot lowscamps built l s e KA MP Suzette dot lowscamp at CCM.
Speaker 14: Dot com fifty five KRC good.
Speaker 3: Here is your channel nine first one and weatherful cast. Okay, both today and tomorrow will be sunny, will be sticky, humid, and be eighty seven for a high in between and overnight tomorrow night sixty six with clearsky. Moving on to Independence Day Friday, it'll be dry, it'll be sunny, it'll go up to ninety one, and there's a heat index to sixty five degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic up date from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 4: Probably the U see our traffic center.
Speaker 12: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of CancerCare is here. CARL five one three five to eighty five UCCCE North Bend seventy five.
Speaker 4: Problems in the cut.
Speaker 12: The left three lanes are blocked off with an accident before twelve and the right lane the only one open.
Speaker 4: Traffic backing up quickly.
Speaker 12: The milk cruis are also working with a wreck on Spring Grove, Vic Dane and Old Lexington Pike near Richwood Road, Kingram On fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty fifty five KR see the talk station. Happy Wednesday. As I mentioned earlier, and I'll mention it again today since normally today would be listening lunch Day, we kicked it off one week. That'll be next Wednesday, the ninth, where we're going to be at Wandering Monsters Brewery and Barbecue, Beachmont Avenue. So Herett's a really good place, so hope to see you there. We usually start about eleven thirty. You can feel free to show up when you want. Some people show up a little bit later. Some people are done eating by the time I get there, usually about a quarter after eleven. But it's a really enjoyable time. I just really appreciate meeting the listeners and hanging out with them and join the fellowship. And you know, usually one hundred percent like minded people are at least on the same chunk of the political ledger. But everyone's invited, but just come with a smile on your face. Again Wandering Monsters next Wednesday. I hope you got some great Independence Day plans coming up as well. We're talking about d Wines, Vitas and just going through the list of some of the other ones. He vetoed a provision that would have required state employees to work in the office full time. I guess part of me wants to understand why he would do that, But an interesting requirement. How many of you must go to the office to perform your job every day doesn't seem like a big ask. It was the norm before COVID shows up. Anyway, And here's another one that might trouble some folks, and maybe in the name of free speech, we're talking about state owned buildings and property here, though, he removed a provision that limited the type of flags that were allowed to be displayed on Stato buildings and property, which would include only the Hile flag, US flag, pow Mia flag, and flags of official state agencies as approved by the governor. So by removing that, he of course will be allowing then a state building or administrative agency or otherwise to display, for example, the LGBTQ Pride flag. I don't know if that was his intent by removing that limitation, but it's removed. Let's see here he've etoed a provision that would Sunset the Film and Theater Production tax Credit program prohibiting the award of the tax credit. Why are they entitled to a tax credit? Is your business get one? It's like a magnet to get Hollywood to come out here and make movies or something. Anyway, it's not in there anymore, they say. The lawmakers now do have an opportunity to do line Item veto overrides, which I think is what Donovan Neil is going to be advocating for. However, that would require them to come back from their break. Three fists of each chamber would be required to do. So let me just ask you, sort of a hypothetic or other a rhetorical question, do you think they'd be willing to come back from break in order to override vetos. So, still pouring through all the details of that one, and still trying to figure out what's in the Big Beautiful Bill and whether the House are representative moving on to the National Big Beautiful Bill, whether there's enough House members against it that it would prohibit it or prevent it from passing. And some of the articles suggest as many as twenty Republicans are against some of the changes to send it made somewhat more cuts, and some are asking for less fewer cuts. Medicaid of course a big, sticky and hot topic, but right now it seems to be moving in the right direction, more people speaking out positively in favor of passage than negatively. But if you've got that many question marks floating around, there is a significant possibility that it will not pass. So you and I will find out soon enough. Keep your popcorn out. And oh, I got Joey on the phone, Joey, welcome to the program. Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 24: Hey, good morning, sir. Hey, I just wanted to speaking of Mike to line. I lost a lot of interest in him a long time ago. But the one thing that really got my goat that still gets me about him, and we easily forget this during the COVID era and everybody was given these presidential like standings in these little interviews in the evening and given updates and all that. It was just such a charade. But the thing that really took me off during COVID was he was given away those free college education packages and money to people that would go get the vaccine.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that, Yeah, vaguely. There were so many crazy edicts and mandates from the variety of governors across the entire nation. I have a difficult time separating one crazy one from another, but there were certainly some crazy ones from the Dwine administration.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that just really irked me. I mean, all you had to do was go get the vaccine, and if you you got picked, you you got to completely flee.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean it was just ridiculous, how absurd.
Speaker 24: And he jumped on that bandwagon too, and was given that all away, and then they're they're stately looking, you know, interviews in the evening when they would come on live and interrupt and give updates and all that, and it was just such nonsense.
Speaker 2: But there were.
Speaker 24: Plenty of other people that probably could have deservedly used that education.
Speaker 10: But all you had to do was go get the vaccine.
Speaker 24: You know, wink wink, and and all of a sudden, yours was free and you're all taken.
Speaker 7: Care of her.
Speaker 3: That just get a vaccine to get a free lottery ticket. Basically appreciate that Amy Acting is gonna have to deal with all that and so much more so. You's gonna have a hard battle against vi Vike Ramaswami, who was on the program. Yoh, Steve, you can get a chance to listen to you bike check out the podcast care See dot com. But uh yeah, my favorite one was can you can stay at the bar but you can't drink after ten pm? I mean, to this day, I'm still trying to make some sense out of that one, and I've pretty much given up. Just shy seven twenty six right now if you bi KRCD talk Station Americans for Prosperity Donovan and Neil Returns, He'll be on next After I mentioned imaging. Imaging can be affordable, just don't go to the hospital imaging department, huge overhead, massive fat profit center for the hospitals. Echo cardiogram thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital probably same amount for an mri CT scan can set you back five thousand dollars, and an ultrasound could be as up to as much as two thousand dollars. These all can be done to affordable imaging services, which use the same kind of equipment hospitals use. Each image at affordable imaging services comes with a board certified radialogist report included in the price, So don't pay thirty five hundred dollars for that echo cardiogram. Pay five hundred dollars without an enhancement eight hundred fifth yes, compared to thirty five hundred dollars genuine say having my friend Jeff sends me an email almost every time because he's saved thirty one hundred dollars getting a CT scan at Affordable Imaging Services versus the amount he would have paid at the hospital. I call that genuine money. I don't know where you are financially, but thirty one hundred dollars difference, real savings all across the board, and they can get you right in. There's no real waiting list in affordable imaging. Call them up, exercise your choice five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand online. Learn more at the website that's Affordable Medimaging dot com. Fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 14: I enjoy the long weekend.
Speaker 3: We uh chamline first and forecast today and tomorrow both high eighty seven, both sticky and both sunny in between sixty six with clear skies, and that goes for tomorrow night as well. Independence Day is going to be a sunny day and a high of ninety one sixty six degrees. Now time for.
Speaker 12: Traffic from the uc UP Tramping Center, the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, hen it's the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five and U see see see you're looking at the better part of an extra hour northbound seventy five between Donaldson and Downtown. That's an accident above twelfth Street, Covington that hands the left three leans blocked off southbound seventy five slows through Wachland. There's a wreck on Spring Grove of Dan Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty here fifty five KR seed he talks station Ay, very happy Wednesday to you one hour from now. Judge Ennena Politano and Independence State twenty twenty five. Are you freer now than you were under the thumb of King George? Legitimate question to ponder, George Lang State centat They're going to join the program at eight to five talk about the Ohio budget. And joining the program right now to talk about the Ohio budget. Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity Welcome back to the show, Donovan. Always a pleasure having you.
Speaker 13: On, Brian, Always great to be with you and happy to be an opener for Buckeye Blueprint champion George Lang.
Speaker 10: He's one of the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm looking forward to talking to him as well. Maybe he can discuss why it is that Governor de Wan vetoed so many provisions, sixty seven vetos. Now they can override these vetos if they come back from their break. Is my understanding, what's the percentage they need by way of I mean, is this a super majority to override veto Is it a simple majority? How does that work? Do you know? Donovan?
Speaker 13: Yeah, And it's actually something we've done before. AFP was part of this. You may remember late in the final term for Governor Kasik, there were some medicaid provisions that he vetoed. Legislature came back overrode his vetos. These were waivers to save some money, bring some efficiency to that program. So it's possible, and it's happened in recent history. It's a two thirds majority, so that ninety nine members in the House you need. What is that I think about sixty three sixty sixty three somewhere in there, so two thirds majority, it's not unfeasible. There's sixty five members in the Republican caucus.
Speaker 7: In the House, the Senate, I think I.
Speaker 13: Would say it's probably a slam dunk for something like a veto override. But the House is where you've got to kind of watch and see who's available and around to come back and get that done.
Speaker 3: Okay. And in terms of how this would work, are would they vote to override all of the vetos across the board or are they just going to hand pick the ones that they really want to override? I mean, do you have any insight into how that's going to work or if it will work that way?
Speaker 13: My understanding and I have to take another look at how all those how all this sort of comes together. But my understanding is it is each individual veto has to be voted on. You don't just vote to undo the whole package. You have to pick and choose what you're going to what you're gonna do there. But you could do it all that just be sixty seven different votes, I believe.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's unlikely that they would vote on every single veto then, is what you're saying.
Speaker 7: I think that's right.
Speaker 13: I think they probably would prioritize the ones where there's the largest amount of consensus, things like property taxes or reg reform.
Speaker 10: Or school choice.
Speaker 13: I would hope, and maybe some of this other stuff's tackled in other future pieces of legislation.
Speaker 10: We would still get it all done this session, all.
Speaker 3: Right, which is a good segue into Americans for Prosperity. What is AFP advocating for in terms of its choices on what should be overridden?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, well, you know, we issued our Buckeye Blueprint. That's our policy agenda for this year. Big things like tax reform. Moving on he to a flat tax. That's mission accomplished. The governor recognized he couldn't veto that and have it stand. But there's other major priorities property tax, in particularly property tax reform. All the property tax reform provisions, those were designed to provide immediate relief while also providing structural reform to keep a property tax crisis like we're experiencing right now happening. Again, those were all vetoed by the governor. Reg reform, so the Rains Acts type provisions that were included in the In the final version of the budget that would have rained in executive overreach. There was maybe a little bit of executive overreach, and he v towed the ability to rein in his bureaucrats.
Speaker 3: That was well. That was the provision that if any regulation that was implemented had a financial impact of what more than one hundred thousand dollars or a million dollars, then it had to be specifically voted on in the legislative branch exactly.
Speaker 13: And so it's not saying you can't have a rule that's going you know, you can't implement a new regulation that's going to have a million dollar economic drag on.
Speaker 10: The state of Ohio.
Speaker 13: It just needs a little extra scrutiny. That was veto to put on the cutter room floor. Did he explain why there's put so with each of these vetos, the governor does have to provide a veto message. I would describe it as a pretty sterile message. I believe if I recalled them, that was a pretty generic This slows down the ability for the executive and our agencies to do their job.
Speaker 3: Oh well, good, that's the point of it, isn't it.
Speaker 7: I agree?
Speaker 3: I agree, Brian, You've got to put people on the Are you in favor of this expensive regulation or do you want to not have this expensive regulation? Vote on it. I don't see a problem with that. That's actually disheartening right there.
Speaker 13: Well, what's interesting, though, is this isn't unique. You know, AFP's leading the charge on this rainsac reforms across the country. Over twenty states have introduced or past reforms this year alone, just the first six months of this year. States like Kentucky with Andy Basheer, no surprise, he vetoed it.
Speaker 10: The legislature came back and slapped.
Speaker 13: Him down, although they're only a simple majority, but Wyoming, even with Republican governors Wyoming vetoed, they.
Speaker 10: Came back and slapped him down.
Speaker 13: And so it actually is it's kind of a dramatic finish to these sorts of reg reform ideas. Right when the executive says I don't want more oversight and the legislature comes back and overrides them. I think that's the idea behind those bills, right, is that the legislature has that oversight and if the governor fit to veto it, I think it's right for the legislature to come back and reassert their authority.
Speaker 10: It's why they put it in the bill in the first place.
Speaker 3: Amen, brother, And with your encouragement from Americans for Prosperity, maybe they would do just that. Pause. We'll bring Donald and' neil from AFP back after these brief words, including first USA Insulation and outstanding product. And of course you've been feeling the summer heat. It's gonna be sticky day to day. It's sticky day tomorrow. You love your air conditioning, but you don't love how inefficient it is, because, dang it, there's some hot rooms in your home. It's fighting an uphill battle. You see the bill every month. You're like, geez, could get any worse. Yeah, in the world in which we live, the price of energy it's only gonna go up. So why not save money right now and enjoy immediate improvement in comfort day one improvement and comfort with USA's Premium fum. In the exterior walls of your home, you're either under insulated, so many homes are, or maybe no insulation. The newer the home is, the more likely it is you are adequately insulated, but you move back in time, the old insulation isn't insulating as well as it is probably only R twelve if it had any and moving before the mid seventies. Zero insulation the exterior walls, So solve the problem. Save the money, guarantee cover the cost of the installation. You may very well at only ninety nine dollars a month interest for you. A lot of folks out there are saving more than the monthly payment on the on the phone. Plus you ultimately pay it off and you continue to enjoy the comfort and savings. The ultimate no brainer twelve hundred dollars energy tax coming your way as well next year, So call them up for the free inspection and free quote three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam. You'll find them online at USA installation dot net fifty five KRC dot com. Jail nine says to both today and tomorrow plenty of sun, humidity and high of eighty seven in between overnight sixty six the low with claar sky if you'll get that tomorrow night as well for Independence Day, a hot ninety one high that would be sunny all day sixty seven. Now traffic times probably you.
Speaker 12: See how Transit Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center hands the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eight fine you see see see northbounds seventy time continues to run an extra hour out of Florence into downtown thanks to an accident above twelve Street. Let three lanes remain blocked. Inbound seventy four now slows from Montana eastbound two seventy five heavy out of Taylor Mill before seventy one chot ingram on fifty five ker Seed they talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty nine fifty five ker Ce Talks and Talk Station from Americans for Prosperity. Donovan and Hills speaking about the various dwine vetos which can be overridden, as he explained in the last segments, need to come back and do it. You picked out some other ones at AFP that you want to override, Donovan. What might they be?
Speaker 13: Well, property tax, I mean you we've talked about this on the show before, Brian. You hear it wherever you go, from coffee shops to doors, which we do a lot of doors here at AFP talking to voters, to roundtable events with legislators. There's a property tax crisis here in state of Ohio. The legislature put a number of provisions. These weren't just ideas that they were trying to see if they'd.
Speaker 10: Stick to the wall.
Speaker 13: Last year, Bryant, the legislature had a select committee that came together, heard hours, hundreds of hours of testimony from various groups, and developed they believe it was twenty one recommendation list that was brought into this session. That list was used to then develop dozens of pieces of legislation that again got hundreds of hours of vetting and public testimony and discussion in the State House over the last six months. These ideas that were in this budget bill, these handful of ideas that are in this budget bill addressing the property tax crisis or among some of the most vetted, well respected, kind of agreed upon ideas to resolve not just the problem immediately, but also make some of the structural changes.
Speaker 10: For some unknown reasons still, the.
Speaker 13: Governor saw fit to just strip those from the budget. His argument was, we need to have a little more vetting and bring together a working group to kind of solve this property tax problem here in the state.
Speaker 7: It's insane to me.
Speaker 3: He was quoted as saying, I mean, first of all at tax increases across will have strained many family budgets and danger of the financial security of many unfixed incomes. No kidding. Then he pivots over to the various vetos that he did that were addressed to that problem. These ideas were thoughtful, but I was also concerned that imposing them, now, all of them at once, on our local schools would create a huge, huge problem. Huh so care more about the schools in the elderly?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, the problem is here and now. Right, the Ohioans are facing the risk of losing their homes because of out of control property taxes. Yeah, the crisis is here. The problem is now, and the legislature put a handful solution. There's more to be done, quite honestly, but the legislature puts some solutions in to release some of that pressure and give folks some breathing room.
Speaker 3: All of that left on the cutting room floor.
Speaker 10: Wow, all right, well what these what these would have done?
Speaker 13: These These aren't really controversial ideas either, right. It's ideas like saying, hey, you know, we're going to empower the County Budget Commission is local elected officials who oversee the budgets in a county to have some additional oversight to say, hey, if you're sitting on a large amount of cash balance as a local government taxpayer dollars, and you're coming back from more money to the taxpayers, you actually maybe shouldn't do that, right and being able to tell them don't do that.
Speaker 10: You can't go get more money.
Speaker 13: From the taxpayers right now until you spend the money already are sitting on from them. Things like that provide that immediate relief.
Speaker 3: But vetoed vetoed, as you.
Speaker 10: Can tell, it's a little frustrating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there was one provision that would have changed the authority of county budget commissions, allowing them to unilaterally shrink a school district's levy passed by the voters. I suppose that would apply in circumstances where the school really doesn't need the money, given the cash reserves they have they're sitting on, sitting on. Then they had the cash balance carryover provision, which he vetoed, would have put a forty percent cap in a school district carryover revenue or the unspent funds of a district that they have on hand at the end of a fiscal year. In other words, they didn't spend what of the one hundred percent revenue that they were entitled to, so they're sitting on that. Then you can't ask for more and you got to give back to the taxpayers anything over the forty percent.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well, the idea you're right is we wouldn't be happy if Columbus was sitting on gobs of cash and still taking money from our paychecks. And sales tax and other mechanisms are right, and quite frankly.
Speaker 3: They haven't.
Speaker 13: Columbus has cut taxes over the last decade. We've gone from nine tax brackets now we're down to one of a rated two point seventy five percent. What was the last time you heard of a school board, a city, a county, at government actually lowering.
Speaker 10: Taxes on its citizens.
Speaker 13: I've yet to find that government that's that's done it. Among the thirty nine hundred in.
Speaker 3: The state of Ohio, legitimate point down, vent O'Neil, Well, hopefully you get them herded up rounded back into Columbus and start voting on overwriting vetos. Good luck with the effort, Donovan on behalf of all the property tax payers, and of course people who are in favor of some school choice and the like. Get to work. My friend, round those cats up.
Speaker 13: We're going to shooting fireworks this Friday for the fourth of July, and then we'll be out there getting folks to get this done over.
Speaker 10: The summer in fall months.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you will. Any call to action Donovaniel Forty Park Company today.
Speaker 13: Well, first and foremost, just contact your state representative, your state senator, thank them for making ohioly flat tax state, and then encourage them to get out there and finish the job on property taxes.
Speaker 3: Amen. Brother, appreciate what you do, Donovaniel. Look forward to having you back on the program in another week and have a fantastic Independence Day. They're my county Veteran Services up next seven to forty five if a five kcity talk station. First, the number one installer for tankless water heaters and all residential plumbing. It'ts plump tight plumbing, it's always plumbing done right. They know you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, better prices, treating each customer like a neighbor asking for help, and they provide that help, including trench less water sewer line repair rather Yeah, they don't have to dig your yard up to repair the sewer lines. Great modern technology and of course plump tight offers that a plus with a better business bare they are problem with the sam pump, problem with the leaky drain or a rather a leaky faucet clog drains sewer lines. As I mentioned, get the best around. Get plump tight plumbing on the job. It's plumbing done right online. Plump tight dot com t t E plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven tight. That's five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three fifty five KRC the talk station five thousand dollars. That's the average amount of money people in the uh channe Niceys today and tomorrow mirror images of each other with a high of eighty seven sticky and sonny in between sixty six with clear skies. And that goes for tomorrow night as well, Independence Day, mostly sunny all the way up to ninety one degrees sixty seven. Right now, time for traffic from fan Fake Center.
Speaker 12: The University of Saincinnemi Cancer Center hands the most comprehensive one cancer center in the nation. To future a cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five. See wreck is clear northbound seventy five in the cut, but the backup is into Florence. It's still an extra hour into downtown. Ease two seventy five slow out of Taylor Mill to Fourth seventy one northbound fourth seventy one backing up pass Rand southbound seventy five slow through Lachlan Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 3: So I'm forty eight, fifty five KRC The Talk Station. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Shows. Steve Belzo, Executive director of the Clarmont County Veterans Service Commission, helping out our American veterans each and every day. God bless you, Steve and everybody there for what you're doing for our veterans. What a great program. It's an awesome program, right, and you know one of the things you offer, and we haven't talked and focused on this, We've mentioned it, you brought it up, of course, but transportation, right, transportation to medical appointments. This is something that Clarmont County Veterans Services does in fact offer absolutely what a great thing.
Speaker 25: Yeah, you think about Uncle Joe, Granddad, Yeah, they're they're up in age, they're they're still getting around, but putting them in Cincinnati traffic is the scariest thing. Right, So if you can have someone who can transport your loved ones to and from the VA from their home, yeah, what a phenomenal opportunity to get dad or mom off the road that you know they're being driven safely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really excellent point when think about the seniors. But you know, the practical reality is all of us have, you know, issues that crop up in our day to day lives. A lot of us are still working and we can't take Dad over to get his appointment. As much as we would want to as family members, it's just not possible, absolutely valid. So how does the Clima County Veteran Services manage the transportation? And we'll talk about you know, how do you get in touch and we're arrange at all the details on that, Steve right right, you know, we are.
Speaker 25: Every county in Ohio has our office, the Veteran Service Office. Every county handles transportation different It's up to the county commissioners, the border commissioners of the Veterans Service. It's different from your county commissioners to design what that transportation is going to look like within their budget.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Orlando Sonza would be working with the Hamilton County Veteran Services to decide how they are going to offer transportation, which may be different than Claremont County.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, And you know there was a lot of rift a number of months ago about Hull Hamilton was handling the transportation of the veterans. But they were going to change that and they're trying to adopt a new model to transport veterans around it and good on them. The county's a big county. Claremont were a little different. We have four vehicles. I have nine drivers with a manager over them to schedule all the transportation needs. So as a veteran calls into the line and says, hey, I need a ride down to the VA. But the interesting part is the VA is trying to extend their service time frame to handle veterans. Usually by sixteen usually by four pm, their services stop at the VA. So what the VA has done is they've contracted individuals physicians outside who are able to see appointments even later through the afternoon. Oh good, So now we're not just people think, wow, this is only for a VA appointment. If I'm going downtown to the VA. If the VA has scheduled the appointment for you, even if it's with doctor Jim on the West Side, we will take it to doctor Jim on the west Side. If you're a Claremont County veteran, Oh wow, so you.
Speaker 3: Will travel outside the county then yes, yes, how about that? Absolutely?
Speaker 25: Yeah, at the VA in Cincinnati scheduled the appointment on your behalf to be seen by a physician, and you're a Claremont County veteran, we will take you there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you want to know where you do that clarmacatty Veterans dot com. That's the website. Are there any physical restrictions for those who can ride in the in the vehicles?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Another Yeah, you're hitting it.
Speaker 25: I would say ambulatory only, meaning the those people who can maneuver on their own. So what we do not have are handicapped wheelchair accessible via lesh.
Speaker 3: So what do we do for them? Well, we have my next question. What about those guys? Ah? Great, leading, So thank you for that low hanging fruit.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 25: So for those individuals, we have a relationship with Claremont County Veterans or Claremont County Senior Services, who then will transport the veteran. They have the wheelchair lift, they have the individuals who are trained to handle individuals, lock the chairs down and transport them to and from the VA as we would have.
Speaker 3: Perfect so they are adequately covered along. This is correct, all right, Now let's get to the fundamental point because some of that there is going, well, I need a ride to my adoctor's appointment. How does one How does a veteran schedule their ride with the Clarmont County Veteran Services.
Speaker 25: So typically with the VA, you will know well in advance that a appointment is coming up because of VA will annoy you with four texts a week and a phone call with reminders. So there is there's plenty of lead times. So we need a phone call five days before you're a point three so the management team can ensure that we have enough drivers working that day and can schedule the routes to pick veterans up. And that phone number directly is five to one, three, five three six. I'm sorry seven five one three seven three two seven four seven to one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make sure you clarify that because that was counting my notes when you started out there.
Speaker 25: Yes, yes, Climat County Senior Services, I was giving you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, seven three to two seventy four seventy one. That's correct, fair enough, And there's a separate number for the Senior Services UH and Clement County Veterans dot com. Can you schedule an appoyment directly through the website?
Speaker 7: You cannot?
Speaker 3: You cannot? You cannot.
Speaker 25: It will give you the phone number direct to transportation.
Speaker 3: All right? Now, what are the guidelines of veterans need to be aware of that are wanting to use the Clermont County Veteran Services transportation? Sure?
Speaker 25: One of them is you need to be in our system as a veteran, So we will need a copy of D two fourteen. This is all held as PII person identifiable Information, so we keep it secure.
Speaker 3: Now, wouldn't someone who's already hooked up with the since ANYVA have that or you need it on separately on file at the Veteran Services.
Speaker 25: Separately on file with us. We are not the VA, right right, So although we if we have a power of attorney, we can see into your records at the VA and substantiate that However, to make it easier, if if dad, granddad or the veteran has a copy of d D two fourteen, bring it down, bring it with you the day of your trip. Make a copy. Our service officers are able to validate yes, this is an actual D two fourteen.
Speaker 3: And so once that's on file, though, it's one and done. Correct. Okay, so further transportation down the road, you've already got the records perfect.
Speaker 25: Secondly, if they were to take their D two fourteen to the Register of the County in Clarmont County, they will give you a Claremont County Veteran's idea D.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've talked about that, and that's a good thing to get. Absolutely. Uh, federal holidays.
Speaker 25: You know that VA is quite unique for a federal organization. They continue working on federal holidays. It's medical care, right. Many think, well, well it's fourth of July Department. No, they're not leaving Uncle Bob unplugged and unmonitored the fourth of July, right, So the VA still schedules appointments during federal holidays. So if you have an appointment out of federal holiday, my drivers.
Speaker 3: Are working fantastic. Clarmont County Veterans dot com online, can't schedule the transportation there. I'll give you that phone number again. It's five one three seven three two seventy four seventy one. And they offer a wealth of services to the veterans out there in the community. So I recommend, regardless of whether you need a media transportation, get the information go to Clarmont County Veterans dot com so you know in advance what they can do for you when the need arises, like provide transportation. Steve Bell's oh, keep up the fan castic work. My friend, can't thank you enough for the work that you do. It's a pleasure to be here with you. It's alway a pleasure to having you. In seven fifty six fifty five KRC talk station, State Senator George Lang he'll be talking about the Ohio budget right off the top of the our news, followed by Judge Ennitor POULTONO. I sure hope you can stick around. Big things are happening.
Speaker 14: We're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 12: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour six and eighty arrest just in this one operation.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored by Bill. Listen, it's something.
Speaker 7: New, anything Trump does.
Speaker 8: I think she knows what is doing every day.
Speaker 21: What do we have Blue?
Speaker 3: You know fifty five KRC the talk station. Heighth five Here, fifty five kr CD talk station. Happy Wednesday, Judge Ennital Fulton about them in the hour as this case every Wednesday. And I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. House State Senator George Lang, currently serving his second term of the House State Representative people of the fourth Senate District covering the majority Butler County, elected by his Senate College the Service Senate Minority whip majority rather with for the one hundred and six thirty six General Assembly. He previously served a couple of terms Ohio House of Representatives. And he's here in the fifty five Carssee Morning Show to talk about the Ohio budget bill. Mike DeWine vetoed sixty seven provisions in the bill. We'll talk a little bit about that. Welcome back, Senator Lang. It's a pleasure having you on the morning show.
Speaker 21: Brian Gabe, great to be back with you. Thanks for having me my friend in sixty seven vetos. Can you imagine that when was the last time you had to sign something sixty seven times.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just fond memories of the two seconds that Ronald Reagan had the line item veto and then the Supreme Court found it unconstitutional. We do have it in the state of Ohio for whatever good or bad it brings about, and it brought about some bad the other day, Mike DeWine sort of revealing his true nature politically. But let's start by congratulating you and our other elected officials for capping the income tax of two point seventy five percent flat for everybody.
Speaker 21: You know, it's been my number one of since I got up to the State House eight years ago, and my ultimate goal is to eliminate the income tax all together. Yeah, and you know, it may take Mica a week or two to get over his cramping hands and maybe corporate tunnel syndrome set in. I don't know, but I feel really really good about our odds of eliminating the income tax altogether under a Governor Ramaswami.
Speaker 3: Well, since the future governor of the State of o how Ramaswami, was on my program yesterday. He embraced that concept completely. I asked him about that very specific thing he said absolutely, we are going to eliminate the income tax completely. That I mean talk about creating a more competitive state. It's going to be wonderful. It's going to be wonderful for the state of Ohio, Mike, it really is.
Speaker 21: And if you just look at what happened in Ohio in the last fifty years, go back with me to nineteen seventy. Not only was the music a lot better back then, but in nineteen seventy, Ohio itself was and Roland. We're making automobiles, tires, consumer goods, steal We are the economic epicenter of the United States of America. And fast forward to twenty twenty. In nineteen seventy, Ohio was the twelfth largest economy in the world. In twenty twenty, Ohio became the twenty fourth largest economy in the world. We're still slightly larger than Morocco, Mike, but we're shadow of where we used to be. And Oh, I'm sorry, Brian. And in nineteen seventy, Brian, the average Ohio and made ten percent more than the average American, Bryan. In twenty twenty, the average Ohioan made twelve percent less than the average American. And in nineteen seventy, we go from twenty four congressmen to fifteen. What happened the income tax. We put the income tax in in nineteen seventy one. One tax after another, one regulation after another, Brian, we started driving businesses away and people went to where the jobs were. No state in America got their butt kicked worst in Ohio in terms of congressional representation loss from nineteen seventy to twenty twenty. By the way, last year, the average Ohio and made four percent more than the average American. And I guarantee you we're going to add a congressman in twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your optimism, sharing the optimism of vivek Ramaswami, he man. I'm telling you can't help but be enthus and optimistic about the future. When you talk to that guy, he really is a cheerleader for the state in the future.
Speaker 21: And you know, Ohio's future is bright. I mean, if you just look at what does happened since we have started lowering income sackers, and it started about twenty years ago. We got real serious about it about eight years ago, and look what happened, Brian. Look at all the companies coming back to Ohio, Amazon, Honda, Google, Ford andrew Ell, Intel building the biggest chips factory and the Galaxy right here in Ohio. But what I'm more excited about BRN are the little guys. In the last six years, two point one million startup businesses in Ohio. Wow, more than the previous twenty years COMBINEDIOA last year, fourteen percent of all startups in America were in Ohio. We are the startup capital of the world. We're just not the state to keep your business or the state to start it. I want to make us a state to grow it, to keep it, and to stay here.
Speaker 3: Well, and also to market itself. So those businesses that are dealing with outrageous taxes and outrageous regulatory issues that they want to move to the state of Ohio, like so many states are. So many companies did moving out of New York and California. Now, speaking of that, I understand that the governor one of the vetos. He stripped out the Rains Acts, reforms that would have strengthened legislative oversight of these ridiculously costly regulations. This is one of the things Americans for Prosperity has its eye on by way of overwriting the veto. Were you a little shocked that he did that? And do you have any concept of or any idea of knowing why Governor de Wine pulled that particular one out.
Speaker 21: You know, I believe everything that Governor the Wine vetoed.
Speaker 7: His motives were pure. I do believe he's a good man.
Speaker 21: I believe I disagree with him often, but I believe his votives were pure. But this one, I truly believe that Governor de Wine thinks that government knows best. We had a meeting with the Department of Taxation, with the director and a few of their deputies several years ago, with several of my colleagues in the House of Representatives, myself and Senator Johnson, and it was obvious that the bureaucrats were in charge. They did not listen to a thing we said. We did not intimidate them, and it was a simple fix that they could have made without any legislative action, and they told us no. You know that it's one of the problems with term limits, although I fully support it, but term limits and you end up giving power to lobbyists and bureaucrats, at least lobbyists. I understand their motive. It is the profit motive, a pure and noble motive. But these bureaucrats, they scare me and I don't understand their motive. And they are they are. They have way too much power and Columbus today.
Speaker 3: Well, and they're not accountable to the people. As you point out, they're not elected, they don't have to run for re election. They get to make any decision they damn well please, and can well ignore the even just the concept of representative democracy is he just pointed out in that one illustration. So but I mean, whether his motives are pure or not, he stripped out the Rains reforms, which would put that power right back in the hands of the legislative branch where it belongs.
Speaker 8: That's not as correct.
Speaker 21: And then very disappointing.
Speaker 3: All right, So what is there a time frame to override these vetos? I know everybody's on break right now, independency and otherwise, But are you gonna have to call people back to Columbus to vote on these or can you kick the can down for the road for a month or two and then vote on repeals? How does this work, Senator?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Constitutionally, we have until the very last day of this General Assembly, which would be December thirty first of twenty twenty six. The reality is there are quite a few things. I think, at least speaking on behalf of the Senate, that we had a leadership meete and discussed a few things that we think are important to override. You know, every single override has to originate in the House, So no matter what we do in the Senate, because this is a House bill, it has to start in the House. I think the simple to your answer to your question is, yeah, we do have I believe the will for some VETO overrides. I don't think we have the will to override all the VETO overrides, but I think you will see us do some. I don't think we'll be called back during the summer. You know, everybody has summer plans. I have recently been diagnosed with stage four colo rectal cancer. Some treatments down in Tijuana in July. And don't you dare awe me. I'm not a woe with me kind of guy. I know you're not with you cancer kind of guy.
Speaker 3: I know you're not.
Speaker 21: I'm I'm taking I'm gonna kick your ass again. That's that's that's.
Speaker 3: Good for you, man, That's a great attitude to have. And I'm not a woe as me guy either. After I got my parents a diagnosis, I'm playing that. I'm playing the cards that I've been dealt. And uh, you know, there are a lot more people out there that deserving a prayer and sympathy than Brian Thomas. So I appreciate your optimism, but best to health to you and good luck with the fight, my friend. I know you can beat it. He vetoed a lot of the property tax reforms that were in the bill as well, and we are in desperate need a property tax reform, most notably seniors on fixed incomes. They're getting taxed right out of their houses. Senator, you know.
Speaker 21: It's it's not just seniors on fixed income. It is many, many people that the property taxes have been devastating to. And the original intent of the property tax, Mike, when it was originally passed, you had to vote on it. And keep in mind of all property tax level levies stayed local. None of it goes back to the state, but you had to vote on it, and your property taxes, the amount you personally paid would never go up unless you voted for another increase, and there was a chance that would go down is development and more homes were sold, But it was originally set that.
Speaker 7: It would never go up. Well, as we know, we.
Speaker 21: Have bastardized that over the years and we have a system now where when valuations are your property go up, your property taxes go up commensurate with it. That was never the intention of the when we originally allowed property taxes. So we do need some reform so that every time a school district, every time a municipality, a fire district, a library, once more money, let them go to the people, make their case and let them convince the voters why they need more money. And you know, I do trust the VOLT and then the good people at the since I public schools. But you know we can't just give them these bonuses every three years that valuations increase with it has to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it should be a limit. You know, you're voting for X amount and that's all you are going to get. If your property tire, your valuation of your property goes up, you know, a thousand percent or something. The amount of money taking shouldn't go up in a commensurate amount. It's capped at whatever was voted on in terms of overall dollars, right, is that how we're supposed to have it here.
Speaker 21: That's how we were supposed to have it here, and that's how we put it into the budget. Now that there were some that actually wanted to punish school districts and make it retroactive, I was not a monngst those, you know. I don't think that it was the right thing to do to make sure the school districts are loss of money as a result of this, but just to make sure they didn't get a windfall as a result of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I understand where you're coming from, because they acted in reliance on what they expected to come in and they planned accordingly, So to tell them it's taken away would put a lot of districts in a rather precarious position. So I understand where you're coming from on that one.
Speaker 21: And the other thing on education, he vetoed the educational savings account would allow some non chartered Christian schools for lack of a better term, participate in the voucher program. I was very disappointed in that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's one that I find rather inexplicable. As well. I mean, I thought he was a school choice kind of leaning guy.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you know, and there is a great Monassory School up in Liberty Township that does a wonderful job educating kids, not indoctrinating them, but true teaching them how to think. Yeah, and they're not able to participate in it. With this budget, they would be allowed to participate in the program. And the governor's veto that that is one of the ones that I hope my colleagues take up as a priority for an overriding.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I suppose in terms of what my listening audience can do being get in touch with the representatives and tester them about bringing these to the floor for a vote, so you'll have an opportunity to vote on its senator.
Speaker 21: That is correct, yep, And it's got to start in the House of Representatives. Call all your local House members and encourage them to take up the charge for the veto overriding.
Speaker 3: All right, Especially, I would argue that RAINS Act, the Education savings accounts, any property tax reforms, we desperately need that out here in the real world. Well, I'll look forward to I guess this will be a piecemeal kind of thing you can pick off one at a time and over the period of time that you have, which is basically about what eighteen months or a year and a half or so.
Speaker 21: Yeah, is correct, And you know, keep in mind we need sixty percent of the vote in order to do an override. So I think it would be a mistake for us to try to do too many at one understood, because you know, there are certain things that some of my colleagues, if they were left.
Speaker 7: Alone, would be a no vote on.
Speaker 21: And you know, the budget overall, usually you can get people to vote for things that they don't like in the budget. I have never voted for a budget that I liked everything that was in it. But as long as we continuing lowering taxes, lowering regulations, bringing businesses back, making Ohio more prosperous, I'm going to vote.
Speaker 7: Yes on it.
Speaker 3: Senator George Lang, it has been a pleasure talking with you. We show all the best in the world with your cancer fight. I know you're going to beat it. Sound really optimistic about that, and that's where it really starts, my friend. I look forward to having you back on the program to talk about well, future legislations, the repeals, the votes and anything else going on to the state of Ohio. You know you have a welcome spot here in the morning. Should have passed a long information to the listeners.
Speaker 21: Thanks Brian, and you have a great day, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thanks and a happy Independence Day to you.
Speaker 7: Sir.
Speaker 3: It's eight twenty right now. If you have KCD talk station, why not save up the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. Yeah, you need a new HVAC system. Call my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling experts at Zimmer Heating cool and I have been making Cincinnati area homes safe, efficient and comfortable for coming up on eighty years, third generation family and an operating excellent customer service. Price is always right and if your system is down, I'm sure you're feeling it's on the sticky days we've been having of late. Get a new one and save significant money. Fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. Give Chris Simmer a call five one three, five to two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three online schedule deployment. There learn more about all the services they offer. It's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 14: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Our iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: Time for the e Channel nine first morning weather forecast Today and tomorrow identical in terms of four casts anyway, plenty of sun, plenty of sticky humidity, and eighty seven for the high that state it's more in between over ninth clear and sixty six. Same or Thursday night as well Independence Day. Look forward a hot one ninety one with the heat index more like ninety three and it'll be sunny though, so no interruptions on your outdoor Fourth of July plans. It's sixty nine degrees right now. It is time for a traffic update. Chuck from the UCL Tramton Center.
Speaker 12: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has some most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five. UCCCE northbound seventy five continues to run an extra half hour out of Florence into downtown eastbound two seventy five heavy from Dixie to Tailor Mill northbound two seventy five. That's heavy out of Milford to a broken down near Ward's corner right lane. Chuck Ingram fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: A twenty three fifty five KR See the talk station Judge Awnapolitana on Independence Day twenty twenty five will beyond next. We are independent of London, but are we independent of Washington? He asked rhetorically, is there more freedom when governed by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants a few miles away? Does government today remotely resemble the values articulated on July fourth, seventeen seventy six. I think you know the direct answered all those questions and go back to that Rains Act. He mentions this random three thousand You know tyrants there probably more than that. If you consider the entire administrative state, you know that that the wine pulled out those Rains Acts provisions is directly related to that concept. If it has a financial impact beyond a certain dollar amount, any regulation that has been promulgated and put out there by the eggheads in the back room that aren't elected. The administrative state exists behind the scenes in Columbus just like it does in DC. If they put out a rule of regulation that causes you and I have financial impact over a certain amount, then the legislative branch has to vote on it specifically. I mean they make these things up out a whole claw. If they pass the law and then they give them to the legisl or the administrative branch to start creating all these regulations that are supposed to comply with. You know, the perimeters and the scope of the law that was passed. Our elected officials don't bother with actually you know the specifics the underlying workings of the law that they pass. It passed that responsibility on as someone in the back room, and then they they can't be accountable for it. It's amazing how that works. But you know why out loud, would Governor de Wine remove the provision which protects you and I and forces our elected officials to do their job and specifically vote on things that have a profound financial impact on us. Why would he do that? That's a legitimate question. So get in touch with your your representatives and tell them to vote to repeal the veto of at least that provision. Coming up next Jodejennena Politano and by night down sixty six and clear skies will have the same overnight tomorrow night and then Independence Day of mostly sunny day ninety one fry. It's sixty nine degrees. Now it is time for traffic chuck.
Speaker 12: Ingram from the UCLP Tramfics Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five. UCCC northbound seventy five continues to run an extra twenty minutes out of Florence into downtown with an accident on the Rampton Donaldson. The right lane remains blocked westbound two seventy five. That's a broken down blocking the right lane that banks traffic into Milford. Crews are also working to clear a broken down inbound Columbia Parkway near Torrence.
Speaker 4: Coming up next.
Speaker 12: It's time to sit back, relax and celebrate our Independence Day.
Speaker 4: So what better way to do that than.
Speaker 12: Shooting off some fireworks, grilling the hot dogs, eating apple pie. You know the drill, And if you happen to be near the Judge's house, yes, the inflatable Constitution is.
Speaker 4: Up in the front yard.
Speaker 12: And if you're there between four and six on the fourth, there's going to be a reenactment of the spirit of seventy six with the judge on lead fife playing patriotic tunes. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSD talk station fifty five car Seed talk Station Lead five. I don't know who's covering the drum kit, Judge Endedapolitano. It's always a pleasure to have you on the fifty five CARCA morning you at this time.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Brian. Did you send a copy of my column to Ingram? Does he read these things now?
Speaker 3: But you know you would think he did. Excellent column. By the way, I am a lucky man because I get a copy of it early. It does come out tonight. Independence Day twenty twenty five, and you post some very good rhetorical questions out front and your honor.
Speaker 16: They read those first two or three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, independentive London, But are we independent of Washington? Is there more freedom when governed by one tyrant three thousand miles away, by three thousand tyrants a few miles away? Does government today remotely resemble the values articulated on July fourth, seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 16: Nobody wants to answer those questions. You know, taxation with that representation as tyranny was their mantra in seventeen seventy six. If you add up all the taxes, the maximum individual tax imposed on any one person three percent. Today in some parts of the country it's fifty nine percent. Three percent was enough for a bloody revolution. Fifty nine percent isn't even enough for Republicans to come to their senses.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, and I go back to the Constitutional Amendment A longing for taxation of income tax that is legalized slavery. I always express taxation is the form of stealing my labor. I have no say over it. I work and they take a chunk of my money. That is my labor being taken from me in the form of dollars and shipped off to the federal government to do god knows what with.
Speaker 16: So Jefferson argued that the only moral commercial transaction is one that is consensual. So if I want to purchase a service from the federal government, like importing goods to a port owned by the federal government sometimes called a tariff, okay, that's a good for service. If I need some other service from the federal government, I can pay for it. But the idea of the federal government just glombing money reaching into our pockets and redistributing wealth is antithetical to the values of the Constitution. I don't know how that's going to change without some kind of a revolution. You know, this legislation that Trump wants with a very childlike name, a big beautiful bill, yeah, which pass the Senate by one vote thanks to an Ohioan who's the Vice President. I honestly think if he were still the junior senator from Ohio, he would have voted against it because it's against something the things he believes in. But of course he now is the President's guy, and he'd have serious problems if he had broken the tie the other way because he doesn't believe in increasing the debt. He doesn't believe in adding one hundred I'm speaking of Vice President Vans, of course, formerly Senator Vans from Ohio. He doesn't believe in a trillion dollar defense budget to finance seven hundred and fifty military installations in eighty foreign countries. Come on, nobody could even name the eighty countries, much less than seven hundred and fifty installations or what the hell they're doing.
Speaker 3: It really is an amazing military footprint that we have out in the world. Of Course, the Chinese Communist Party, envious of it, would like to substitute the United States president, but then they would have the same financial problems on their hands as we have currently. A trillion dollars is an outrageous amount, and I always predicate that on qualifying, and my listening audience knows. I am a fan and a assistant, and I try to help the American veterans whenever I can. I appreciate the fact that we have a US military, and I appreciate there are people willing to sign on the dotted line and lists for service when they have god knows no idea where they're going to be going. I consider them brave and patriotic. That said, the federal budget for military spending and the military spending itself, they can't even pass an audit. They've tried eight times and they can't. They don't have the documents or information to qualify for an audit. And I see all the fraud, waste and abuse that's going on, whether it's been identified specifically or not. We got Medicaid fraud, we got Medicare fraud, we got every giant government program fraud, all those COVID nineteen programs that went out there. Fraud, fraud, fraud, fraud, fraud, you know, damn well, there's all kinds of fraud, wasting abuse in that trillion dollar annual military budget.
Speaker 16: In the government Madison and Jefferson gave us, there would have been no place for this. We wouldn't have had a standing army, we wouldn't have a Department of Health and Human Services. That wouldn't be Medicaid or Medicare. There would be private insurance or charitable institutions as there was before Social Security, and then Medicare and Medicaid came along. But now this is why I ask, we are no longer dependent on London, but we are dependent on Washington. Half the country is dependent on the government, either receiving government benefits, getting bills paid by the government, selling something to the government, or working for it. That is inconceivable to the founders that the federal government would become so big, so fat, so antithetical to the small government maximum individual values of July fourth, seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 3: It really is, and you know, so much of it's built on this sort of I think Judeo Christian notion that we need to help our suffering brothers and sisters out of the world. But that's the obligation of someone with faith, that's the obligation of the individual. That's the obligation of you and I, and that helps limit the number of people who actually are looking for a handout. But when you go ahead and the government takes over that role in the name of doing something right for humanity, more and more people will hook themselves up to that just because it's convenient and easy to do so. And the government is a terrible overseer of whether someone is really truly deserving a needing of these various services. They just become well people hooking up their umbilical court to government and just calling to day on their own person responsibility.
Speaker 16: Look, charity. The word charity comes from the Latin caratas, which means your heart. It is impossible to be charitable with someone else's money. You can only be charitable with your own. This is not charity. This is government force taking money out of our pockets and redistribitting it to the less fortunate. Do we have a moral obligation to help the less fortunate? Individuals who embrace the Judaeo Christian morality do, But the government doesn't have the right to take that money from us and give it away. This is almost an insoluble problem without the concept of repudiation. Repudiation means repudiating the nation's dead. How the hell are we going to pay back thirty seven trillion dollars? Well, this so called big beautiful bill. If I were on the floor of the House standing next to Congress and Massey, I would look at my colleagues and say, you must hate your grandchildren, hate them because you just raised their taxes by fifteen or twenty percent in order to pay back the money that you're borrowing to spend today. Now, what is repudiation. Repudiation happens when the borrower can no longer pay back the debt because the borrower is a known bankrupt to which the creditor should never have loan his money. So all those people and entities that buy federal government bonds are lending money to a known bankrupt that does not have the ability to pay them back, that has to borrow money in order to pay back the interest on borrowed money. That is a recipe for repudiation. And of course the outcome for repudiation would be nobody would ever lend the federal governor Nickel again, Good, the Feds would have to live within their budget.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're making perfect sense. And maybe that's exactly what they're setting themselves up for, because at some point, you know, the US fiat currency is not going to be the number one, most reliable, most countable on currency out in the world. Something can rise to take its place, crypto or otherwise, and they'll quit borrowing money and putting in a US Treasury bonds.
Speaker 16: Correct, But that is going to happen in your and my lifetime. I don't know that this repudiation is but the collapse of the dollar I think will happen quickly. It'll either be crypto or it'll be bricks. I mean bricks. Right now is a far larger economy than what the dollar funds. And you may not like those countries Brazil, Russia, Iran, China, South Africa, they are as financially they are more financially stable than the United States, with far less debt.
Speaker 3: Well, that makes their currency a little bit more reliable as far as I'm concerned, because we're on a train wreck. And you know, Senator Paul makes a great point. Five trillion dollars. You're increasing debt, sealing five trillion dollars. They're just going to go on autopilot and dig us five more trillion dollars into the whole to guarantee at this point.
Speaker 16: Correct, correct, Right now, the government collects about five to six trillion in income taxes and other fees. More than a trillion of that right off the top interest pay that service, you get more than a trillion of that right off the top Defense Department, more than a trillion of that right off the top Wealth distribution.
Speaker 3: Well, and the unknown CIA budget, which may very well be in and of itself a trillion dollars, We just don't know.
Speaker 16: Unknown, Brian. What about that clause in the Constitution that little Jimmy put in there, no money shall be taken from the federal treasury but that which is recorded in a public journal.
Speaker 3: Well, well you didn't. You didn't see the asterisk there except for Langley, Virginia, except for what goes on it Langley Judgeopolitano. A delightful conversation, and of course one little it's one that makes people think about it, pause and think, hmm. Maybe he has a great point there. He does check it out tonight, Independence Day twenty twenty five. Are you going to be talking to today on judging freedom?
Speaker 16: I have Aaron Monte, Phil Giraldi, and Max Bloomenthal, all equally hot as you and I about what we've just been discussing. It's a pleasure, Brian. I look forward to the three day weekend. I hope you do as well, and see you next week.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, brother, stay well, it's a forty right now. Fifty five kr ce DE talk station.
Speaker 14: Don't go away if you right back, fifty five krc.
Speaker 4: Touching en rules you want to reocurate?
Speaker 3: Hey, forty seven and fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Wednesday. I'm off on Friday. It's going to be a best of show. And as I was talking with Joe about that, if I was going to have somebody cover for me or do a best of, he says best of? I said, well, can we get Tech Friday's Dave had her on tomorrow? He said, already done it. There's the brilliance at Joe Strekker right there. So a Thursday edition of Tech Friday. I'm not sure if he's going to mention it, but FBI did issue a warning to basically everyone here in the United States that Iranians maybe starting to engage in fiber attacks given our air strikes on their country's nuclear program. So he said, defense industrial based companies, particularly those possessing or holding relationships with Israeli research and defense firms, are at increased risk. But basically the risk is out for everyone. Are online act activists of increasingly conducted website defacements and leaks of sensitive information exfiltrated from the victims. So d doos attacks, denial, denial, service tax and that kind of thing going on, and they expected to increase beyond guard take Dave Hatter's advice. Oh and one more thing in the Ohio budget bill. I started out the program this morning talking about it doing the job that parents should be doing. I started with this survey that Harris Poll did. They ask parents, you know, what do they wish had never been invented when they think about their children growing up? Number one adult online content? Number two social media and number three messaging apps. Number four smartphones generally video games, the internet, streaming services, and television order in which those things the parents wish didn't exist. And I kind of chuckle over that because parents are in the position and ability to take all that away. Don't give you a kid a smartphone. You don't have to worry about them accessing porn online. I mean, if they go to the neighbor's house and they have an online computer, of course they can do it. There's always workarounds, but removing the cell phone huge step in the right direction. And why would you send your cell phone with your child to school? They're just going to be on it all day. Well, the legislative branch and the governor have just signed into law in the budget bill banning cell phone use in schools. One of the reasons articulated implementing the statewide ban in school lawmakers, rather than teachers or parents, then become the bad guys limiting access to cell phone, so they did the job for you. Anyway, it's under most circumstances K through twelve public schools will not children will not be allowed to use cell phones. Districts have to adopt their own policies by January first of next year, so there'll be some circumstances where kids will have access to phones, but it must be specifically defined and it bans the cell phone use during the instructional day. That's in quotes, what does that mean? Jane Timkin offered that it meant the first bell in the morning until the final bell at the end of the day. But I don't think it's defined in the legislation. Maybe that gives school districts some flexibility on what an instructional day is, because maybe there'll be periods during the day that aren't considered instructional, and then kids will have access to and ability to use their smartphones. I don't know. Going back to some of the points Judgenda Platano made, I thought, you know, we do put much control and power in the in the hands of the government, and they're irresponsible stewards of our money generally speaking. Most notably, let's use an illustration here, a perfect one from the Wall Street Journals. William goalson today, the social security crisis is coming. This has been red flags weighed about the problems of social security now for years and years, our elected officials have never lifted a finger to solve the problem or correct it early. Now we've got a train wreck coming, he writes. Today's political den makes it difficult for genuine warning calls to break through. But the Social Security systems trustees in late June sent a signal so alarming that America can't ignore it unless lawmakers do something. The Systems Trust Fund will be exhausted in the first quarter of twenty thirty three, sooner than earlier reports predicted. This crisis will trigger large cuts in benefits to current and new beneficiaries. So, my folks on fixed incomes out there living on Social Security, big problem coming your way. To preserve social security, Congress will need to address the coming insolvency crisis no later than next the next president's first term. Time isn't on our siety, writes. Lawmakers acted tomorrow. Restoring social securities. Long term solvency would require a twenty two percent benefit cut for current and future beneficiaries and a payroll tax increased to sixteen percent from the current twelve or a combination of cuts and tax heights. If we wait until the trust FULM was depleted again twenty thirty three, we would have to cut benefits by twenty six percent or the payroll tax would have to rise to nearly seventeen percent. Points of new factors explained why social Security is on this trajectory. The US is rapidly aging the number of beneficiaries rising a lot faster than the number of workers paying into the system, and the end of this democratic transition is decades away. Just in two thousand, three point five million Americans eligible for Social Security. This year sixty four point seven, we went from twelve percent roughly the total eligible population to eighteen point six percent. It's on the rise, baby boomers, they say. By twenty thirty five, the SOI Security Trustee project the number of eligible Americans sixty five and order will rise to nearly twenty percent, while the total population and will increase by only five nobody's having babies anymore. Plus we're living longer, he writes, two thousand, average sixty five year olds could expect to live for about seventeen and a half years. By this year, it's risen to more than nineteen point seven years, and demographers project that figure is going to continue to go up. So security expenditures have risen from their fifty year average to a much more sizable amount of gross domestic product this year, this year, and even more of course, in twenty thirty five. Declining fertility means fewer workers to support each beneficiary. In two thousand and three point four workers per beneficiary. In twenty twenty four it was two point seven, and over the next day that's projected to drop down to two point three, which is why payroll taxes for current workers would have to increase so steeply by twenty thirty three to sustain the system without any benefit cuts. You can count on benefit cuts absolutely. That piece of paper, they say, and you read it carefully, the one that shows you what your earnings were over your lifetime and tells you what your suggested payout is going to be. They write right in that it's not a guarantee. It's merely a calculation based upon current conditions today. So I'm not sure if you're in a position to tighten your belt, but you better be prepared because this is coming. And isn't it crazy. They've known about this for such a long time. Every year they come out with these projections, it just gets worse and worse and more dire. But it's the third rail of politics. No one touches it. We're not going to do anything. This does is security, says everyone from both political stripes. Hey, you relied on it. I know you were forced to, But there's just a great illustration of the failure of government to mine the store and make the hard choices. Eight fifty five fifty five KCD talk station. Again, we have a Thursday edition of Tech Friday tomorrow. Also, of course, I heard media aviation expert jay I Look joining the program at the tail end. Closing out on a real positive note on a Thursday, hope you have a wonderful day. Check out what Donovan Neil had to say about the Overridingdwines multitude of vitos. State Senator George Lang on that topic as well. He was on at eight h five and the sandwich in between the information from my Cleamont County Veteran friends about transportation offered by the Clamont County Veteran Services fifty five KRC dot com for all that, plus Judge Neapolitano and your iHeartMedia app Joe Strekker. Thank you for all that you do producing the fifty five cars in the morning show. Brother, I do appreciate it. Folks, have a great day. Don't go away. Glenbeck's up next from a.
Speaker 12: Full rundown and the biggest headlines just minutes away at the top.
Speaker 4: Of the hour.
Speaker 12: I'm giving you a fact now Americans shouldn't know fifty five KRS, the talk station this report has sponsored