Speaker 1: We should read our bibles as men dig for buried treasure.
Speaker 2: One of the most high game with the nations their inheritance. When He divided mankind, he fixed.
Speaker 3: The borders of people's according to the number of the sons of God.
Speaker 1: In those days and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived down to the earth. For whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes.
Speaker 2: And famous warriors of ancient tides. Take no part in the fruitless deeds of darkness, but yet expose that though.
Speaker 4: A thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you.
Speaker 3: These ears, we are not touching lines of garden.
Speaker 2: Man, you gotta dig it. Hell, old fellow treasure hunters, Welcome to the excavation side. I'must in alongside and when we got Ben Steve even in Chad will be your guides on this excursion. Hope you brought your shovel in your compass, because we got the Maple's.
Speaker 3: Welcome Back to.
Speaker 2: Part two, Part two, Back to the Future, Back to the Future, Part three, Which one was the western one? I think that was the third one that was my favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get stuck. No fuel. We got plenty of fuel.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine nowadays if if if all of a sudden, like a giant e FP went off, all technology was down, no power, no nothing, we would be screwed.
Speaker 3: It'd be rough.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you think you know him? What eighties when he liked the eighties era? Go back to Western times. They're like, uh, because it was he landed, hid the car or something. Then like cowboys come running up to him or something.
Speaker 2: Indians chasing each other, be like, what.
Speaker 4: On earth what did I step into? It's like me and basic. Yeah, I knew I was getting into and I see it was like.
Speaker 3: What did I do?
Speaker 4: What did I do to myselm? Too late?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Ye? No quitting here.
Speaker 2: Which we were on the is the Law Dead?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Ben went and uh totally picked apart Galatians.
Speaker 4: So I didn't get to chapter six, but yeah, we picked the part relations pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, which I think the nail was pretty mean driven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that nail dead.
Speaker 3: The Law is dead?
Speaker 4: The woods beat with the hammer.
Speaker 2: Splintering everywhere, And the thing is this is a subject honestly. I mean I have a folder with like a or sixty something versus I mean, you could totally just beat the dead horse till it was dust.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's no sense in it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But we went through you know, Galatians, Glatians. You know, Paul lays out of you know, pretty fundamental you know, foundation to you.
Speaker 3: Know, the law is dead?
Speaker 2: U WHI Yeah, I love the Book of Hebrews. You know, the Book of Hebrews goes in and gives you the wis. So yeah, we know the law is dead. So now we'll look at why or how is the law dead? And this is something that I looked over quite a bit, and when I seen it and read it, I was like it brought a whole new appreciation, you know. I mean I I've always believed that the law was dead, but once I got to digging and reading in here and seen the howls and the wise, it just it made even more impression on me. Yeah, that was kind of like me, like I said, the last episode there, I kind of was you know, the old the the Laws minus the Ten Commandments. I figured, you know, those were dead, But now I look at like all of it's dead because like you said, they're in Galatians.
Speaker 3: You know, if you.
Speaker 4: Love, you're not gonna if you love them, you're not gonna kill them, You're not gonna cheat on them. Yeah. So therefore, like we said before, it's it was a placeholder for Christ. It was, it was a guidance, it was got a tutor. The word tutor said, it's a tutor.
Speaker 2: Let's die right in. We got a lot of ground to cover. Uh So, if you turn to Hebrews chapter six, uh I'm just gonna start with the last verse because it's kind of like a segway into chapter seven. Uh So, Chapter six, verse nineteen says, we have this as a shore and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place, behind the curtain where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchisa, dek now Melchisa, dec if you remember Abraham, after he went and saved Lot from all those men that went in and sacked Sodom Gomorrah, they took a Lot with him.
Speaker 3: As a prisoner.
Speaker 2: So Abraham got his mighty three hundred men and went after and defeated these mighty kings in their armies and got lot back and all the things that they had stolen. And on the way back they bumped into this mysterious guy called Melkisa dec And this is the first time that in scripture we ever see that someone holds the title of not only priest but king. It said that mel Keis Dick was, uh the king and priest of Salem, you know, and in English Salem you knows peace.
Speaker 3: You know, he was the king and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah says priest of peace.
Speaker 4: Chapter seven that says king of Peace.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So uh.
Speaker 2: In my notes for that it says, uh, you know, this is in my opinion, and a lot of scholars, you know, you know, align with this view. You know, this is Christ prefigured or what they'd like to call a Christophane. Uh know, ye not that ye are the temple of God in the spirit of God was within you. Behind the curtain was the holiest of holies. There was only the high Priest that could enter. Jesus is that high priest and the Holy of Holies is your heart now with the New Covenant, right, So, when we talked about the veil being torn, you know, in the last episode, and what that meant. So when we get into chapter seven, heaven. The subtitle says, uh, the priestly order of Melchisa dec.
Speaker 4: Mine says, makesk is greater than Abraham.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if it is in fact Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it says, for this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him. Now I have like a little notation here on Keisad says Jesus, who was the word?
Speaker 3: From John?
Speaker 2: We know that in the beginning was the word. The word was with God, and that the word was God equaling Jesus. So before he was born of water, you know, which it refers to. You know, a natural birth. You know, a woman's word breaks and you come forth. You know, he was of spirit made flesh. So before this birth he had no mother or father, without beginning or end, and remains a priest forever. As Melchisedek is described in the verses found here. When you go back to that account, it's in Genesis chapter fourteen, verse eighteen. It says Abraham has a run in with him, this king and priest, the same titles given to Adam at creation after Abraham gives him the spoils of the war. This man brings out what the bread and the wine, just like Jesus said the last said, Yeah, what does Abraham bring out before God himself and the two angels before they go and destroy Sodom?
Speaker 3: Bread and wine? Wasn't it?
Speaker 2: What did Jesus himself present at the Last Supper? It is bread and wine, wasn't it. Following the Crucifixion, disciples running to this stranger who seems to have a lot of history and scriptures, they invite him in. They did not know it was him until he took out the bread and why. It was then that they could see the holes in his hands. Also, for Christ to write into Jerusalem as the returning king, that would mean that.
Speaker 3: He would have to have ruled before right, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Some believe this is Shim, Noah's son. Shim in Hebrew is the hidden name of God. For this, if this be Jesus a friend to Abraham and Shim, that he may set up the very order through which he came and though which he comes again in the end, perhaps that prophecy may be fulfilled. I am the First and the last, the beginning and the end, the name that reigns forever. So that's just a little background on the Malkisa deck.
Speaker 4: That's the same time, you know, Jesus showed up in the fiery furnace.
Speaker 2: Where else uh when uh he was going to sacrifice Isaac. It says the Angel of the Lord Jesus appeared and that was a foreshadow of the cross, and gave gave him.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there a lamb or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or said he would he would provide to sacrifice or something. So so you know, so saying this character may or may not be Jesus is not far fetched. No, So, I mean if he showed up multiple times in the Old Testament. Yeah, and and what a lot of scholars and stuff they call it a christophany.
Speaker 3: That's a big word, Yeah, christophany.
Speaker 2: But going on in verse two, it says, and to him Abraham portioned a tenth part of everything. He is first by a translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then he is also King of Salem, that is, king of peace. He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God. He continues a priest forever that doesn't sound like any human man I've ever met that beginning or end, mother or father reigns forever. Verse four. See how great this man was, to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth.
Speaker 3: Of the spoils of battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and those descendants of Levi who received the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tenths from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham. But this man, who does not have his descent from them, receive tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promise. It is beyond dispute that the inferior is.
Speaker 3: Blessed by the superior.
Speaker 2: In the one case, tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case by one of whom it is testified that he lives. Verse nine. One might even say that leave himself, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, for he was still in the loins of his ancestor when Melchisedek met him talking about Abraham. Right, Okay, this subtitle for verse eleven Jesus compared to Melchisedec.
Speaker 3: Here's where the author draws the parallels.
Speaker 2: Now, if perfection had been attainable through the levitical priestlihood, okay, for under it the people received the what the law? What further need will there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchisa Dick rather than one named after the order of Aaron Verse twelve, Mine says order of Levi and Aaron. Yeah, for when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. So my notes that says this is why Jesus was the returning king. The law was being changed, and that's why the Pharisees bucked so hard. A new covenant slash law was coming and with it a new priest and King Jesus Christ then be obsolete and lose all their important status.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's us unsafe. I mean you gotta look at it. You know, their whole their whole livelihood is being a.
Speaker 3: Priest getting paid the teachers of Israel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would be obsolete if there's this new law.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you're trying to.
Speaker 3: The power struggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they rejected. They would they would be nobody's in this new system. Okay, So the verse thirty think could be somebody's Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Think.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at look at Paul. They could have been a Paul, and how much more benefit would they have been.
Speaker 3: But look at Paul.
Speaker 2: Though he traveled around town to town only off the arms that he was given, I only had a place to stay when people took him in. These Pharisees, they were the richest the people and the thing.
Speaker 3: Was all the money.
Speaker 4: And Paul used to so he knows that life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's seen both sides of.
Speaker 4: The that's even. I mean I heard all, you know. He was like, Oh, there's you're you're full of it. There ain't no you know, there ain't no Jesus, There ain't no God. That's just something someone's trying to bring one. Why would Paul give up everything for nothing?
Speaker 2: And why would all these martyrs yeah be killed. All they had to do was denounce it, Yeah, over a joke or something. Yeah, you know, so that they died that's bull. Yeah, you know, we're getting off of that. Verse thirteen. For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe from which no one has ever served at the altar. For it is evident that our lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe, Moses said nothing about the priests. This becomes even more evident when another priest arises, in the likeness of Melchisedek, who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily dissent, but by the power of the indestructible life. For it is witnessed of him. You are a priest forever after the order of Melchisedek. This is Jesus Christ verse eighteen. For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness, for the law made nothing perfect. But on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God verse twenty. And it was not without an oath, For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath. But this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him, the Lord has sworn and will not change his mind. You are a priest forever. This makes Jesus a granture of the better covenant. The former priests were many in number because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, but he holds his priesthood permanently because he continues forever. Consequently, he is.
Speaker 3: Able to save to the up most who.
Speaker 2: Draws near to God through him, since he always lives, to make intercession for them.
Speaker 4: In my translation the NLT it actually says, instead of he says, but because Jesus lives forever, instead of he lives forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they know twenty six.
Speaker 2: For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above all the heavens.
Speaker 3: He has no need like those.
Speaker 2: High priests to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. For the Law appoints men in their weakness as high priests. But the word of the Oath, which came later than the law, appoints a son who has been made perfect forever.
Speaker 4: You know, the new priest, Jesus, high priest forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under the New Covenant. Ye Chapter eight, Jesus, the high Priest of a better Covenant. Now, the point in what we are saying is this, we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, which goes back to that Satan episode we did, and Satan was at the right hand. When Jesus ascended, he went to the right hand. So therefore Satan was thrown down because what there was no longer a place for him. Jesus took it verse two, a minister in the holy places, in the true tint that the Lord has set up, not man. So what's the true tint? We are now the temple of God in this new COVID Verse three, for every high priest is appointed to offer gifts and sacrifices.
Speaker 3: Thus it is necessary for this.
Speaker 2: Priest also to have something to offer. Now if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, since there are priests who offered gifts.
Speaker 3: According to the law.
Speaker 2: When I read this and it talked about the giving of gifts, okay, okay, it made me think, I'm like, where else have I heard that? Well, Jesus's resurrection in Ephesians it talks about that when he arose, he led a host of captives and giving gifts to men. So this is where that all ties in together. It's a priestly thing. So right here, it says, remember in Ephesians, we were the captives. Yeah, and see that. Here's what I always got it to an old law guests, sir, sorry, sorry, he's the punchline killer. Remember when Ephesians chapter four, verse eight, and Jesus with he ascended on high, he led a host of captives free and giving gifts to men. This covers the gifts part. His gift was salvation, and as high priest at the right hand of the Father, he offers sacrifice an intercession for us. Now what about the captives that he led Galatians chapter three, verse twenty three. Before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. Galatians chapter three, verse ten. The law is a curse Galatians chapter three, verse thirteen. Christ redeemed us from.
Speaker 3: The curse of the law.
Speaker 2: First Corinthians chapter fifteen, verse fifty four through fifty seven. The law was a death sentence. Romans chapter eight, verse two through four. For the law of the spirit of life has set you free. In Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
Speaker 4: So therefore, what you're saying is if the old law is the law of death because we sin, so it's the law of sin and the law of death, that Christ is the answer.
Speaker 3: He's the life. But he said that, didn't he I'm pretty sure I'm the way. I am the true truth in life.
Speaker 2: No man coming to the Father except through me, not by the law, not by your works.
Speaker 3: Me and me alone. I am enough. Yep. But I thought that was so cool. I was like burning this down, yeah, man to the ground. Uh.
Speaker 2: But when I read that, dude, that was just such a mind blowing thing. I was like, God, thank you for showing me that. Yeah, because I've read that for years and I always looked at it. It was my spiritual lens because I mean, you know, I mean I love the whole Juterrooy thirty two Worldview, the Falling Angel, stuff like that when it talks about he went in and uh the depths of she old and proclaimed that the prisoners, you know, in prison. But then when he ascended, that's when he went into heaven to be this high priest and intercede for us.
Speaker 3: It said he led a host of captives free.
Speaker 2: And I read people saying Oh, well, that's you know, like the Romans when they defeated somebody, they would parade the captives, you know, as a victory dance.
Speaker 4: That they made them.
Speaker 2: Maybe he kept the fallen angels in chains, but just paraded them around heaven. Like, hey, look what I've done. And I've heard so many just crazy, you know what I mean, stuff that really didn't make sense to me. But then I've seen that. I was like, that makes perfect sense. We are the captives and now we.
Speaker 4: Are free, free from the law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I don't I don't see parading the I mean they've been in prison for how long? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that battle was won a long time ago. What's the point in victory dance?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hey, look we uh we beat Germany the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's doing a parade for yeah, the world wars now.
Speaker 3: Going ahead.
Speaker 2: Verse five says they serve a copy and shahadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God saying, see that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown to you on the mountain. So you know this is you know the tabernacle and temple were modeled after the one in heaven. You know, it's that whole on earth as it is in heaven. Theology, you know, they were also mirroring creation, you know creation. To the Jewish people, it was Earth was God's temple. Earth was God's temple. It was mirroring the heavenly things. You know, every temple has what it has priests, And in Exodus that says, I'm calling you to be a nation of priests. So the priests were covered in the temple, which is earth. And what else does the temple have? It has graven images. Right, That's why it says you are the imagers of God. You were made in his image. So therefore all the things of a temple were in creation. That's why he even said, unto you, you will make no graving image, of course, not to serve no of the gods, but because you are the image of God on earth as it is in heaven. It's a mirrored thing verse six. But as it is, Jesus Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better since it is enacted on better promises for if that first covenant had been faultless, there would not have been no occasion to look for a second. For it, he finds fault with them when he says, behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah, not like the covenant that I have made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them.
Speaker 3: Declares the Lord. For this is the.
Speaker 2: Covenant that I will make with the House of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put my laws into their minds. I'll write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall not teach each other his neighbor, and each one his brothers, saying, know the Lord, for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.
Speaker 3: Verse thirteen.
Speaker 2: In speaking of the new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's clear as they right there.
Speaker 2: And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away verse ten.
Speaker 3: Four through six.
Speaker 4: Chapter ten, you mean, yeah, Chapter ten.
Speaker 2: Verse four, For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me? In burned offerings and sin offerings? You have taken no pleasure. And we already talked about how the talment records, you know, the day of atonement, the bloodstained scarf stop, and why the bell ripped into all those things? I mean, and I love to the acts. Chapter seventeen, verse thirty gets rid of anybody's ignorance because it says plainly, it says the times of ignorance, which is the time of the law God overlooked. But now he commands all people everywhere to repent. You know, the time of ignorance is over.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, Because if you didn't have the law, you didn't know law. I guess that would be ignorance. Ignorant means you don't know, right yeah. So unless you knew. Maybe you wasn't held accountable or something. I don't know, you know, because what you say, six hundred something, six hundred and thirteen, that's insane, pretty hefty list. Well, I mean, look at the laws in America. Yeah, there needs to be like four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see, the writers of the New Testament saw that the tour appointed to a new and better cabinet. Genesis chapter nine, three through four. We talked about in the flood episode before the law, Noah could eat everything moving or this is a direct quote, everything moving, every moving thing that lives. Right, he said, yeah, this was you know, ye off the boat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Romans chapter three, twenty one through twenty four. The righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the law and the prophets bear witness to it. Romans Chapter four, verse three through five and Chapter four, verse thirteen. You know, we talked about this in Galatians. He says, you know, Abraham believed and it was counted into him as righteousness. The promise to Abraham didn't come through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Romans, chapter two, twenty nine. But a Jew is one inwardly circumcision is a matter of the heart.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: An extra biblical book Jubileeze chapter one, verse twenty three, and this is Old Testament says I shall cut off the foreskin of their hearts for a new covenant. John chapter one, verse seventeen. The law was given through Moses. Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: And I like to like pick apart some little things because you know, it says, so all food is clean. Now I don't have to kill goats, lambs, and pigeons no more.
Speaker 3: Where does it?
Speaker 2: You know, specifically say that at Matthew chapter fifteen, verse seventeen through twenty, Jesus himself said, nothing that goes into the mouth can defile a person, but what comes out of the mouth can. What comes out of the mouth comes from the heart. So yeah, he's saying, you know, the food system.
Speaker 4: Gods you put in, it's what comes out, you know.
Speaker 2: Mark seventeen, verse fourteen through fifteen. It's the same retelling of that same story I just mentioned, you know, food, There is no laws on food no more. One Timothy chapter four, verse one through five. Deceitful spirits and demons teach requirements of absin from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving. It's wicked teaching. It says right there in one Timothy Matthew Chapter twelve, verse seven, that is our mercy, not sacrifice. You know. Romans chapter ten, verse four. You know, Christ was the end of the law. It specifically says that. But then you get some of the people that try to be coy and they're like, oh so when we kind of touched on it lightly, but I'll hit verses with it, you know, fight it with the scripture says, so we just throw out the law keep sinning because you know, all's.
Speaker 3: For given now, it's just for given to who cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and let's you know, if we're being honest with each other, let's not be coy, you know what I mean? With the you know, do we just keep on sinning? Romans chapter three, It is not. Verse thirty one. Paul says, do we overthrow the law which is we talked about earlier. The Torah is what that word is, it's Torah. By this faith by no means we uphold the law which is the Torah. The Torah has good sound, moral each we don't throw it away. We should strive to be better every day, but it's no longer required to please God. Here is why a new covenant had to come.
Speaker 4: And that's I mean, that would be one of the verses you take out of context. Oh, the old law still there. That's not what he's saying. He's saying, of course, the old law still has truth. You know, Burting somebody is not a good thing to do.
Speaker 2: Like we keep saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, your parents check quest. I tell you right now, you tell my boys what disobeying me get someone? They do not like it.
Speaker 2: Romans Chapter two, twenty three and twenty five. You who boast in the law dishonored God by breaking the law. The name of God is blasphemed among the gentiles because of you. Circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law. But when not, if you break the law, your circumcision becomes uncircumcision.
Speaker 4: They talk about circumcision a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the heart and the real one.
Speaker 4: I guess it is cleaner.
Speaker 2: Yes, Romans three, verse twenty seven. What becomes of boasting by what kind of law? By the law of works? No, but by the law of faith. That's worth bragging about about. A gift that's freely given that you could never earn. You know, Romans, chapter four, verse fifteen. The law brings wrath. Where there is no law, there is no transgression. And I got a star beside. Romans Chapter six, verse fourteen and fifteen. It says, for sin will have no dominion over for you, since you are not under law but under grace. What then are we to sin? Because we are not under the law but under grace by no means? You know, it says plainly here that we are not under the law but grace. But with that being said, we should not continue to sin, because God will forgive us the laws good and world teaching, except for the whole not you know, cutting your hair, shaving your beard, or eating pigs or fish without scales. Those were to set his people apart in a crowd and try to keep them healthy. Pigs and fish without scales, or filthy creatures and bottom feeders of the land and the sea. You know you touched on that earlier. You know that you know that can carry you know, diseases potentially. You know, just because we can never achieve perfection doesn't mean that we should stop striving to be better people. Slash images of God, but one I really of Matthew chapter eleven, twenty eight through thirty. It says, my yoke is easy, my burden is light. This is Jesus, this is read letters. You know, the law was heavy, you know, and Christ is saying that, you know, my salvation, my gift is light.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, why.
Speaker 4: Would you want to go back to do is accept it?
Speaker 2: What talks about the crowns.
Speaker 3: And stuff you receive?
Speaker 2: You know, I'd tell my wife kind of joking, jokingly, I'm like, heaven is not communism or socialism. I guess everybody gets the same pay, everybody gets the same house.
Speaker 3: Now you earn it.
Speaker 4: It's like this right here. Okay, so in the military you get paid for your rank. Right but if you do some good analogy, if you do something outstanding, you get an award. Okay, So you could be in the military for twenty years, you retire at twenty years soon to be in the military for twenty years, and you just you're just a little sergeant who's just did what the bare minium you could do just to stay in the army. You might have a couple of ribbons on, you know, a couple of medal ribbons, on your uniform. And then you got this guy who's went above and beyond, you know, who might be a master sergeant or a first sergeant, you know, st major. You know those are higher rankings. If you don't know militariats, well you get that, but their their ribbon rack is huge. And when you go to like a ball before you deploy, or it's a ball, you know, you wear your dress uniforms with your ribbons on your uniform, oh your showcase. So which one do you want to be the guy who barely skated by with a couple of ribbons or do you want to be the guy who's made it through life the best he could do and has all these ribbons to show for it, you know. And that's that's kind of an analogy to you know, represent Heaven, I guess, because it's you know, you can make it in with the you.
Speaker 2: Know, bari minimum, your bare minimum on fire coming through the gate, or you can walk in with crowns upon crowns to offer Jesus back, because that's what it says, right, you give them back to Jesus, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So do you want something to offer or not?
Speaker 2: You know, but I like where it talks about you know, you know, he's saying his yoke is light because in Acts chapter fifteen, these Judaizers, like we talked about, we're saying all these gentiles, you know, they need to be circumcised, they need to be following the wall and you know, yeah Jesus, Yeah, that stuff's real, you know, but it's not enough. You still need to do all this and this is you know, his response down here in verse ten is just amazing, he says, his responding to all these Judaizers talking to the gentiles. He says, now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear. But we believe that we will be saved to the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's saying, you know, why are you trying to put a heavy burden on these people that even us and our forefathers couldn't bear. You're setting them up for failure.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and that's not what you're supposed to do. No, that's not loving, is it? No?
Speaker 2: Which to finish up? And I can admit. Okay, I could admit, like I said in the first one. When I first started and this it was to prove a point.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: But then when I read the man, it just humbled me and brought it to a whole new light for me. So, you know, you do get the people that they're kind of coy.
Speaker 3: With you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Smarty Pants is like, oh, so we just we can just keep on sin and I mean, hey, you know, no, of course not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And they don't believe that neither.
Speaker 4: They don't. They're just trying to.
Speaker 3: So I got some answer back. I guess, some answer backs.
Speaker 2: I guess some halo backs, some halabacker. So see if somebody's like, wait a minute, I just googled these verses. Explain these in defense of the law. John fourteen, Verse twenty one. Whoever keeps my commandments, he it is who loves me. So if you're not keeping the commandments, then you don't love Jesus. It says it right there.
Speaker 4: What's your response, Well, which commandment are do you keeping?
Speaker 3: What comandment did he give us?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm pretty sure he said to love.
Speaker 2: That's the least talking about love fulfills the law. Yeah, heat talking about thirteen yourself? No, so therefore, yeah, google another one. Okay, so let's google google another one. We come up with Matthew Chapter five, starting at verse seventeen, and this is Jesus read letters. He says, do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. He just says, right there, he's not abolishing the law.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if he fulfills the law, then the law's took and care is completed. Right.
Speaker 3: You fulfill something, you're completed, it's done.
Speaker 4: So when you complete digging a hole, you don't still dig a hole, do you now, So if it's fulfilled, if it's completed, it's no longer.
Speaker 2: And the thing is too is the law is what we just read and talked about in episode one.
Speaker 3: It's the Torah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I said the other part of it was the prophets. It says both of them together here, so it's talking about the story right of the Old Testament. The law or the prophets. Says he's come to fulfill them.
Speaker 3: So therefore it's completed.
Speaker 2: Over, it's finished, and then it's just like we read in gulations.
Speaker 4: I mean it was there as as a guideline, as a directional path to set you up for when Jesus come.
Speaker 2: And then they want to use the next two verses right after it eighteen For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass away from the law until it is all accomplished. But if God, if you just come, it was accomplished, right, it was, yeah, duh fulfilled. It was accomplished. Okay.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, if Christ said, like we mentioned already, he's come to fulfill the law. So it's done. We've already read that the old law, the old Covenant's over, and now we have a new one. They got these love each other, man.
Speaker 2: But I hate how people will cherry pick and then leave out the last part of it. What's the last part say? It says, yeah, until heaven and earth passed away, not one iota, not a dot will pass away from the law. What's the last four words say, until all is accomplished? And what he means by all's accomplished? All the prophecies of the Old Testament that pointed.
Speaker 4: To Jesus yep, and they're done.
Speaker 2: They're done, He's done king. And then the next verse nineteen and here's where we talked about the whole you know, the heaven socialism and the Ribbons analogy to use the military, and now use this one too. Therefore, whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Speaker 4: So so therefore, if you become saved, and you just like, psh, I'm saved, I'm saved.
Speaker 2: Whatever that will do, that will you're forgiven. No, you're gonna be the least. You're gonna barely make it in. But if you keep going the.
Speaker 4: Way God, the way God's path is showing you to go, and you bear make sure it's God's path, not the devil's path, because like we my favor. One of my favorite sayings, if he can sweep angels out of heaven, he can talk us into anything. So you gotta be careful. But if you're going the right way, doing what he wants you to do, you're gonna create, You're gonna get more ribbons of accomplishment of you did this, you did that.
Speaker 2: And the thing is too is like with people that bring that up, they skip the verse twenty. It says, for I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven. So what he's saying is is, well, the scribes and the Pharisees, they pride of themselves and bragged in the law their works. They were supposed to be the holiest men on earth, but they were even falling short. And they're not gonna make it. Because that's what he says. There is is for I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven because you don't get there by works or the law and the way, the truth and the life. No man coming to the Father except through men. And he did it because we couldn't, you know, Yeah, like the dinner reference, he paid.
Speaker 4: The bill and it was but he was he didn't have to pay for nothing. No, you know, it wasn't his for exactly he knew we didn't have the money to pay for it, so he paid for us and for us to try to try.
Speaker 3: To brag and burst in the laws.
Speaker 4: Our own do our own spirit in his face, to justify our own selves because we know we don't deserve it. So that's all that is works, is just you trying to justify to yourself that you've got something that you don't deserve.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to please your ego.
Speaker 4: But that's not what That's not what needs to be done, because it's a slap in the face.
Speaker 2: Well, if you got anything else to add, you got any more thingy notes?
Speaker 4: Not in the notes, I have more to add, but we bear not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I will close with this politically. But Matthew, Chapter nine, verse seventeen, Okay, this is red letters is geesus.
Speaker 3: He said, either is.
Speaker 2: New wine put into old wine skins. If it is, the skins burst and the wine is spilled and the skins are destroyed. But new wine is put into fresh wine skins.
Speaker 3: And so both are preserved.
Speaker 2: You know, to me, it's pretty clear cut. The new wine is the is the Gentiles the new Covenant? Or is the Gentiles?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: It says, so the Gentiles, it says, the new wine is not put into old wine skins. The new believers are not put into the old law, because if it is, it says, the skins will burst and the wine will be spilled and destroyed. So if you try to, if you take Gentiles new wine and put us into the old law, we're destined to fail and we'll fall to the ground. And then in the process the law will be destroyed too, because nobody can fulfill it. So therefore Jesus says, new wine is put into fresh wine skins, so both.
Speaker 3: May be preserved.
Speaker 4: It's a good analogy.
Speaker 2: Something new happened at the Cross, and God and his word screams it at you. And in my humble opinion, you're deaf and blind if you don't see it.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's that's about.
Speaker 2: Say.
Speaker 4: If you ain't got it so far, then I don't think we can the other.
Speaker 2: Way, all right, Love you guys, Thank you for tuning in, Keep digging, and let's all work on being better images of God and love and one another.
Speaker 3: I think that's what we should take from this.
Speaker 4: See you next time and see you later.
Speaker 1: Well. Thank you for listening to the dig Bibble podcast. Questions, comments, our future episode ideas, and we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe, and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a hole. You got a dig