Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this glorious Monday afternoon the Tri State. The first time since nineteen eighty four, or sought. Mike McConnell's not been here. And I listened this morning to Tom Brenneman beginning at five oh seven am. And we have more than a capable sub Mike. I say all, Hail Mike, Tom Brenneman, get the job done. Let's continue once again. Flooding is all over the Tri State, from Cincinnati to Covington, from New Richmond to Aurora, all places in between. And Reds Baseball kicks off tonight in the Left coast, starting about eight forty five, first pitch about nine to forty five. As you know, the Reds do very well on the West coast. Bat Tony Benner told me when we were at the Holy Grail. It's critical critical this year that the red start off strong with a new manager, a new attitude. They're three and seven and by May first, according to the record book, one time in the last eleven seasons they've had a winning record on May first time to do so. They're abtle to get busy against coming up San Francisco and in Pittsburgh and Seattle and Baltimore. They should be easy, and then the New York Yankees, et cetera should be no problem.
Speaker 2: But until then, Adam Byrd's date rep but more or.
Speaker 1: Less now, as a father and a husband and a resident of New Richmond, Ohio, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and Adam Bird. As we sit here this Monday afternoon in the tries day, can you describe the circumstances right now in downtown New Richmond, the home of the Lions.
Speaker 3: Sure, Bill, thanks for letting me be on and describe what's going on in my hometown. And So, the river is up, and it's at sixty around sixty and a half feet, and that is the forecasted crest by the National Weather Service. So we're expecting it to start going down here later today. And so businesses along front streets they're definitely closed. The school is on a remote learning day. And you know, it's a resilient community that keeps an eye on the river at all times.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I love the front Street grill which is right there and the main drag, and I love going in there get a little pork chops and some bean soup.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Describe all those businesses in New Richmond on the front street there right by the Ohio River. You walk out the front door and there's the river. Describe what's happening there as we speak.
Speaker 3: Well, well, Billy, I haven't been able to get up there. You cannot get up there unless you're the business owner or unless you own property up there. So the police have had that area blocked off, and so no one should be in that area for sight seeing. No one should be there unless they live there or there to help. And so you know, right now all of those businesses are closed along front Street, and half the village does have water in them. But I've communicated with the mayor, Glenn Ewing, and you know, I've also been in contact with the governor over this. He's aware of what's going on along the river and so he's keeping an eye on it very closely, and I appreciate his care and concern about villages and cities along the river.
Speaker 1: I watch some of the media coverage over the weekend, and it appears there was a lot of sweat labor that had to occur those businesses, which are always fragile. I can't imagine you can get flood insurance when flooding is a regular two or three time a decade event. So what happened this weekend when a lot of business owners, especially older women, needed help moving things out, putting them in trucks and moving a higher ground.
Speaker 2: What occurred?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, this is a great thing about our community, Billy. The schools, New Richmond Schools sent athletes, and we have a tradition of being very helpful to each other. New Richmond Schools sent athletes to help businesses, to help the VFW and residents, and very thankful for young people who are willing to come and serve. And I think it's a great characteristic to get later in life. We all should be serving, loving, caring for each other. And so, you know, pulling together with each other is a part of life that I think is exhibited in New Richmond. Know.
Speaker 1: And the pool stage is about twenty six or twenty seven feet. When I come out of the front street cafe, I walk up to the little flood wall which is about three feet. I put my foot up in there and I look at the high River and it seems like it's so low, Like in July, and August. The pool stage might be twenty five twenty six feet, so you can imagine when the river is flowing at sixty one feet, it's more than double the height of the High River. And then what comes into your business is things you don't want into your business. You always have drywall problem, you have plumbing problem, electrical problems. And when these things happen, you were there a few years ago when they had another serious flood. How long does it take for these businesses to recover? I would imagine there will be several weeks. And I want to coordinate efforts among the tri state residents to flood those businesses with business. And so this is coming out a particularly bad time, which is in April. They want to get ready for the season which is now May, June, July, and August. But this is going to be an event that may take several weeks.
Speaker 3: Correct, absolutely, and people should not be coming to New Richmond as the floodwaters go down. They shouldn't be coming unless they mean to help. They don't need people there, and so yes, it will take several weeks to recover. There's business owners and the volunteers that are there to help will have to be spraying down walls, spraying down floors as the water recedes, to make sure that there's no huge layers of mud there. But you know, you talk about how quickly it came up Billy. Just five days ago, it was at about thirty feet. The Ohio River was at thirty feet on April the third, and here we are on April the seventh, and it climbed thirty feet in just a couple of days. It's a crazy, crazy amount of water that we've gotten lately. And you know that's why people are always watching the river who live live around places like New Rishmond.
Speaker 1: As far as the insurance coverage, as Tony Bender, my producer, said, we always have flood insurance, and I'm trying to tell Tony the flood insurance is extremely expensive. You just can't you sign up for Let's pay a small premium. I would imagine most businesses in the Richmond can't get flood insurance because they generally operate on small margins.
Speaker 2: Anyway, am I right about that?
Speaker 3: I can't speak specifically, but I think you're right. It's very expensive if you can get it, and when you're living only or your business is just a couple of feet from the river. You're probably not going to be able to get that. So when the floodwaters go down, Billy and they get cleaned up and they're ready to roll again, you do need to go down there. And we need to patronize those businesses, give them support, give them love, give them encouragement, and make sure that they know we appreciate.
Speaker 2: Them all right now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you're in leadership of the house in Columbus and they buy annual budgets coming up. A lot of people are going thither and fro. My sister's on the library boards. He wants library funding. We have fentanyl crises, which is lessening. By the way, the seizures at the border, if that's an indication how many are getting over because who knows, seizure tend to reflect about ten to twenty percent of the total are down by more than sixty percent, So that's a positive. So what's new in the by annual budget and Columbus that people need to be.
Speaker 3: Aware of, sure, Billy, lot there to look at. And so school funding. We're planning on sending an extra five hundred over the two years, an extra five hundred million dollars to our public schools and so we definitely want to support them, and as far as library funding goes, it is not our intent to send them less money next year. Bill. There was a little bit of a miscommunication over the last couple of days. We're not going to send them less money, but we are going to delink the library funding from the general revenue fund. We're going to set that line item now and in the future, and so that that is going to cost some people concerned, but it's not our intent to defund them. There's issues when it comes to Medicaid. We're making some changes there. So we're going to find a lot find out a lot. This week. We have Finance Committee tomorrow morning. People will be able to see what's in that bill, and we plan to vote a budget out on Wednesday of this week.
Speaker 1: Bill school vouchers. What about school voucher program? A lot of people and when they have their kids in failing public schools, want to get out and kind of put them in a different circumstances, give them opportunity to succeed. In Hamilton County, we had a terrible closure of Dones Community High School, which is where the kids that could not make it at us or Achin or West High or Woodward would put in done community school to give them an opportunity at getting a high school diploma. I'm not sure the quality of education at DONES. I don't think it's quite the same as Deer Park or Santax High School. But nonetheless, what is the status of school vouchers where moms and desk can take the kids out of failing public schools and put them in an approxrial school to some other situation.
Speaker 3: Sure Bill that the voucher program is in place, It's going to stay in place. Those who have accessed it in the past will be able to access it in in the future. We are making some changes to homeschooling. I believe that instead of getting a tax credit at two hundred and fifty dollars per child I'm sorry, per family, You're going to get two hundred and fifty dollars tax credit per child now, so you can do that. You're going to be able to There may be a little bit of an expansion with educational savings accounts for the non public, non chartered schools. That'll be a new feature in the budget. And so we believe, and a workforce productivity and making sure that we're producing people who are ready to help businesses grow. And education is a big part of that. So that's why we're funding public schools, we're funding private schools, we're funding the non public, non charter schools, and we're making sure that those who are homeschooling have the ability to do that.
Speaker 1: When I had on Vivek Ramaswami and David Yos those two are going to butt heads to become the next governor. Likely whoever wins the Republican primary and about a year is going to be the next governor. He talks about getting rid of the state income text. First of all, as Adam Bird made a pick between Ramaswami and David Yost. And secondly, what is the status of elimiting the state income text?
Speaker 3: Well, this is this is a difficult call because Dave Yost is a good man, he's a he's a conservative, he's got a conservative track record for Bake Rama Swam. He's been endorsed by President Trump, he's been endorsed by Bernie Marino, and and so I like both of these men a lot. And so we're going to continue to watch that as time goes on. What was the second question.
Speaker 1: Second question, Well, first of all, who would you vote for the primary was today? Would you vote for Yost or Ramaswami.
Speaker 3: I'm probably going to vote for for Ramaswamy, but I like Dave Jost too, And uh, it's a tough call because these are both good people, good men that care about Ohio, care about our country, concern care about conservative values, and and so that's that's the kind of people that I want leading our state.
Speaker 1: As far as the state income tax, one of the things Ramaswami wants to do is what Indiana and other states have done, I think about seventeen have done it, which is to eliminate the state income tax. If so, that's a great idea. People say, yay, it sounds good, eliminate it. But then how do you substitute all the money, the billions of dollars that come in number one on you in favor of eliminating the state income tax? And if so, where would you get the resources to take its place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have continued to flatten and lower the income tax over the last several General assemblies, and the budget proposal that we're going to come up with tomorrow and vote on Wednesday is not going to include an income tax reduction. Now, if we do that, though, you look at the states that have done that, like Tennessee, Texas, and Florida, they have way higher sales taxes to compensate for that. And they all have high tourism in those states, and so they're able to balance their budget on the backs of tourists and sales taxes. And so if we were to do that, we would, I believe, have to make for it with a higher sales stat I'm not opposed to that. But we also have the issue of property taxes. Build they're out of control right now, property taxes, and so if you're going to provide relief to those property tax payers, we're going to have to find a way to continue to do that. And so if you're going to support libraries and parks and schools and everything else that in county government, that's right now done through property taxes, and that is real relief that's needed. And I never hear a single person complain about their income tax bill, but I do hear them complain about property tax and that's going to be a first priority for us right now.
Speaker 1: I think Ohio's income tax is about two point five percent. It's not exactly confiscatory, but what is is property taxes.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's your idea, might have been someone else's that if you make less than fifty thousand dollars a year and your home is worth less than five hundred thousand dollars a year, there's property tax relief.
Speaker 2: Do are you in favor of that?
Speaker 3: I am in favor of property Actually, the specifics of that need to be worked out, and committee we've got to talk about it. We've got to let the people that are the sharp financial folks take a look at that. But I don't think anybody could have predicted the wild property valuation spikes that have occurred in our state that have caused property taxes to go up. And we have to be able to deal with that, and maybe, you know, maybe a bill that's as simple as not allowing your property taxes to go up higher than the rate of inflation. There's been a lot of ideas out there, and right now we've got about six or seven property tax bills that have been introduced, and I suspect at least two or three of them will make it to the governor's death sometime in the next six months now.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens, and the budget becomes effective when June thirtieth July first, is that correct?
Speaker 3: We have to constitutionally have something to the Governor's deat by the end of June. And so after we pass this budget on Wednesday, BIL, it goes over to the Senate. They're going to add to it, they're going to subtract from it, they're going to chew it up, they're gonna whatever they want to do to it. And then in June the Senate in the House, the two different versions will have to get together with them and a conference committee and agree to uh to whatever we're going to agree to before we send it to the governor. So there's a lot left in this process.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Adam Byrd, for those in and around New Richmond, your message is today to do what this afternoon?
Speaker 2: Number one? Stay away, is that correct? And don't be a lucky loon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't. We don't need anybody coming around. The police are there. They're not going to let you into the village unless you're a resident, unless you're there to help, unless you're a business owner. And so you know the the crest I think the forecasted crest is sometime in the next hour or two it'll start going down, but it's it's not forecast to go down quickly. It's going to go down slowly. And and so you know, if if you really have a heart to serve and a heart to help, you know, I would get a hold of somebody and and talk about how how is the best way to serve those businesses and the VFW and other organizations along Front Street and find out how you can help them when it's cleanup time. But cleanup time won't come today, and it won't come tomorrow because the river's going down slowly. It'll come, you know, four or five days from now.
Speaker 1: Is the flood up As far as the Boys and Girls Club is that I said, like one hundred yards into the village or longer?
Speaker 2: Do you know at this point, well.
Speaker 3: It creeps around. It comes up from the river, but it also creeps up from the backside because there are lower parts of the village that are actually not close to the river. And so you know, it is getting close to the Highway fifty two, but it's not going Remember in nineteen ninety seven when it got to sixty four and a half feet. It was actually over the four lane highway Highway fifty two there and it's not going to get close to that, but yeah, it's out of heights right now.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Representative Adam Byrd and the leadership of the House, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And sometime this summer, let's have a pork chop at the Front Street to Cafe.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 3: I will, I will be there happily, Bill will join you together. And there's some great businesses there like the Green Kayak and yeah, and the Front Street Cafe and and so love, love love meeting you there. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful and New Richmond in the summertime. Let's continue with more Adam, Adam Bird, are you related to Larry Bird? Tony Benner wanted to know. He heard a rumor that maybe you were related to Larry Bird. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Well, you know Larry Bird. He's a handsome man, so maybe I am. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. But good luck to all the folks in New Richmond. Also Auror at Covington, et cetera. And Adam Bird, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show this Monday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Thank you Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news is coming up and more at your home of the Reds and Bengals. The markets are recovering as we speak, a little bit of an announcement. The Trumpster said there might be a ninety day window here to negotiate. All of a sudden hold up on that car. Wise gentlemen, right there, all of a sudden. Trump is not the fool we think he is, or at least you think he is. A news radio seven hundred WLW. All right, Dave Keaton hit the music. Don't care much for it, but it's music set up to rest of today's big show. After one o'clock today will be the new mayor of Covington, my hometown, born on Saint Ees Hospital, as I was. And that's Mayor Ron Washington. Not the manager of the Texas Rangers about seven or eight years ago, but rather the mayor of Covington. He's only been in office about three months. He's tested by fire, by ice, and now by flood about what's happening in Covington. There's some media reporting that there's been some minor evacuations in downtown Covington, So we want to check out with the mayor himself and about twenty minutes to say about that. And then after two o'clock today we scheduled Hamiley County Prosecutor Connie Pillage to be here to talk about her decision not to indict a police officer in the shoot an I seventy five, And we'll get more of the facts. But if the media accounts are accurate, I think it was a no brainer to say to a police officer at three o'clock in the morning, having been part of a chase that began in Westchester, crash your car in I seventy five, get out of the vehicle, as the media reports, and that he was tased twice according to the media, and then he did not respond to that, didn't put his hands up. In fact, he had a pipe in one hand and made a furtive gesture that made the officer think that maybe his life was in jeopardy at three o'clock in the morning. Oh, hell's breaking loose. Dark And of course, the argument on the other side, which I do not buy, is that this particular person who was killed because of his own behavior, did not speak of the English very well, and maybe he could not understand the demands of the officer, the commands to drop the pipe and put your hands up, And when you involve yourself in serious criminal misbehavior, it might be good at some point to understand the consequences thereof even though he might have been an immigrant who couldn't speak of the English. I'd rather have a live cop go home on a split second decision when someone who brought that cop to the side of I seventy five at three o'clock in the morning, and the CoP's life I think was in jeopardy. And so assuming this is the case, she's going to Countie. Pillage held a news conference about fifteen twenty minutes ago, and she made the right decision. As Brian Combs has pointed out, this is the third cop shooting in the last ninety days, which is a large number, but nonetheless each stands on its own. And I can't imagine what the law enforcement community would think in Hamlet the county if we had a prosecutor that would indict police officers and ruin their lives based upon these fact patterns. Every now and then there's a bad shooting, it's going to happen. It always has, it always will because human behavior often results in negative consequences. But it's quite rare, very rare. In fact of the I don't know how many millions contacts every day between law enforcement and and the community. Millions of contacts. It's a small decimal number which are questionable and based upon the facts. We're going to get more of the facts, including the body camp released at this point. But a Connie Pillot will be with you and I at two o'clock today to discuss the actual facts as she found them to be through a grand jury and also through the various body camps, and so we'll get all the facts. Media accounts sometimes might be inaccurate. Is it possible, yes, So we'll see exactly what happens and why that decision is made.
Speaker 2: After two o'clock.
Speaker 1: After one o'clock is the mayor of Covington, Ron Washington to talk about the status of the floodgates are they holding?
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 1: Riverside drive, which are those when you go south on the suspension bridge, you look off to the right, there's a big floodwall there. Look on the left, there's no floodwall. There's those beautiful homes overlooking the Ohio River, and I think they may be inaccessible from the front. Maybe from the back you can get to them, so that we'll see. And allegedly this going to be cresting sometime either by two o'clock today or by two o'clock tomorrow, So the next twenty four hours, assuming it doesn't rain any more, and it looks like it will not rain anymore, we're going to be in pretty good shape. But until then this morning, of course, I monitor all events simultaneously everywhere. As I speak right now, the dal Jones is down. Boy, is that accurate? Five thousand points? I'm sorry, that's this year this year. It's down five thousand points this year. This year, the S and P is down fifteen percent, and the NASTAC composite is down twenty percent this year. As we speak today, the Dow is off about eight hundred points as of this point. And what's going on in the morning. It was ugly. I was on with you last night till about one o'clock in the morning, and the Asian markets are in terrible shape. American markets open up that way terrible. Then there was a report turned out to be inaccurate that Donald Trump was willing to have a ninety eight pause to reflect on things that turned out to be false. And then the Trumpster did say he may impose additional fifty percent tariffs on China and China alone if they don't respond by April to ninth. So we'll see what happens there. But the markets continue to be down two to three percentage points, and we'll pick up on that. Thirdly, many issues so little time. There is the use of any issue by Democrats in the mainstream media to make Donald Trump either look corrupt or stupid or out of touch. No matter what the event is, NBC, ABC, CBS, the NPR, and etc. On the newspapers are always going to cover Donald Trump in a terribly negative way. He'll he won't catch a break for the next three years and nine months of his term. It simply won't not happen because the media is in the business of destroying Donald Trump. I often think that the media and the Democratic Party hates Donald Trump more than they love America. They want to see him fail so badly. They want power back so much. They want to get you ready about a year and a half away, more than a year and a half away or the midterms. Xi Jhaoping in China and Vladimir Putin in Russia don't have to worry about the midterms. They can take the long term view and say, Okay, where do I want my country to be in one year, five years, ten years. And there's no descent of Russia except for military hardware when it comes to missile is almost a third world country. China is a mortal dagger at the heart of America. Economically and militarily. It's awful, and Chinese peoples live in a terrible circumstance for freedom of expression or any descent is not permitted. She doesn't have to worry in China about the midterms. He said, if it takes ten years, if it takes one hundred years, if it takes a thousand years, we will bring down the United States of America through various facets, including the importation of large amounts of fentanel in this country to kill especially Americans between the ages of fifteen and forty. They have balloons flying over the country. They're buying up millions of acres of farmland around our military bases. They want to crash our auto business by creating all these large EV plants in Mexico than shipping those evs in the country, killing American car dealers, in American car manufacturers. And they say, if it takes a year, ten years, five years, one hundred years, that's okay. Whatever it takes, we're going to win. America goes from left to right to left to right. It's hard to stay the course. Many liberal Democrats hate Donald Trump more than they love America's demonstrated at Washington Park. Won a bunch of multi colored hair liberals, a bunch of loonies. I call them useful idiots marched around Washington Park as if they were relevant and anyone cared. You can always call out the brigades of leftists to march and make it look as if they represent something bigger than themselves when they do not. I'm gonna give you some facts and figures. I deal with facts. Scott Sloane often deals and poetry. I deal with facts. America as a GDP gross domestic product annually of about thirty trillion dollars thirty trillion, Canada is two point five trillion, and Mexico is about one point five trillion, So putting Mexico and Canada together, that's about fifteen percent total of America's GDP. We could literally crash the economy of Canada if that's the desire of Donald Trump. Why two million cars are made in Canada and shipped into this country. Duty freeze beyond me, But it's happening. So Donald Trump wants to reset that relationship.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I do not wish the great citizens of Canada ill will whatsoever, despite the fact half of them are French and they live in a province system, not necessarily in a federal system. And so in Canada, they got a big election coming up in about about four weeks. They're going to have a big powwow. They're going to pick new leaders. And until recently it was obvious that the so called Liberal Party was going to lose, and they were gonna lose big time because the Canadian people don't want what they're selling. But the guy running for the prime ministership of the party, the Liberal Party in Canada is going to use Donald Trump is a convenient, convenient foible in order to get elected. That sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it. And so the odds of having a Canadian deal in the next thirty days probably are not very good because Canada doesn't want a deal. The liberals in Canada want to keep power, as the liberals here want to get power, so they're going to do what's right. After they're re elected, then they're going to say, Okay, what do we do now. So that's an issue. In Mexico. The new president of Mexico, a woman named Schiebom, is doing what's right, which is making sure that the trafficking of human beings, especially young boys and girls, stops on the southern border. The Darien Gap has been shut down in southern Mexico, which was used by drug traffickers and human traffickers under Joe Biden to bring in millions and millions of illegals into the country. That's shut down. So when America tells to Canada and Mexico, we're thirty trillion dollars of GDP together, you two are a total of four that's fifteen percent of the thirty if my math tells me correct, that's a problem. Throw in the EU, who's now announcing the EU is saying we want to negotiate. European Union has twenty seven nations as part of the EU. If you take all of them together, including England, France, Germany and Greece and Belgium and Bulgaria and Denmark and Ireland, Italy and Sweden and Norway, whatever it is, put them all together, and they have a total GDP of seventeen trillion dollars, which is about about fifty seven percent of Americas so all together, if you would take the EU and take Mexico and Canada all together together, they are about two thirds of our economy. So their economy flourishes because we let their economy flourish. Why we have European products coming into America, especially cars, and our products can't be sold. There is on everyone's watch, a disaster for us. Right now, there's a trade deficit annually of about one point two trillion dollars. That means we transport one point two trillion dollars of our money to either the EU mainly China, and then to use that to build their societies at our expense. We finally have a new sheriff in town, and this sheriff's not putting up with it. And if you want to throw in Russia, they have a GDP of about two trillion dollars which is about six percent of America's GDP. All they are is a is a there's a service station with gasoline, and they have missile technology and that's it. So if we can stay the course, which in today's world with the media that we have and the Democratic Party complaining constantly to get power back and to make money themselves, we got a problem because these adversaries of our nation in Canada and Mexico and the EU are not enemies of America. That there should be trading partners. But it's got to be fair trade. It's got to be open trade. And if you have access to our markets, which is a thirty trillion dollar market, we should have accessed to your market. And if somebody in Germany or France or England wants to buy a Chevy Blazeer or a great Car, they can't do it. The tariffs are so high. So we accept their products, but they won't accept our products. That's got to change. It's got to be more innovation. They go after America tech industries that they want to find, for example, Google a billion dollars, they want to find Apple. They want to have use huge fines against American tech companies. That makes it almost impossible to do business in Europe. That's got to change, and until Donald Trump came along for his second term, no one addressed it. I think it's great that we have trading partners Tether and FRO, but it's got to be based upon fair trade. We had NAFTA in the nineteen nineties that didn't work with then in USMCA, United States, Mexico, and Canada. And there were so many exceptions granted by someone conducting the presidency the last four years. Surely it was not Joe Biden. We didn't have a president for those four years. There were so many exceptions that Canada could flood our market with products, and our farmers and our small industrial companies could not access the Canadian markets.
Speaker 2: It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: It's two point five trillion compared to thirty trillion, But damn, what's good for the Goose should be good for the Gander. When they have terriffs keeping our products out of their country, we should have tariffs keeping our keeping their products out of America. Should be fair equal, And we finally have a president that'll do it. Let's continue with more and then the stock market. When I talked to those are somewhat good at this, they say, never try to catch a falling knife, and never try to time the market. Even experts can't do it. So let's continue with more, and after one o'clock today will be a report for Mayor Ron Walker is Washington, the new mayor of Covington, about the status as we speak. After two o'clock today, we've scheduled Connie Pillage, the new Hamilty County prosecutor, be here about why she did not indict the cops who unfortunately had to shoot a fleeing felon who refused to submit. And the fact he didn't understand English is not on the cops side of the fence. It's on the other person's side of the fence who committed felonies just before he was shot and killed on I seventy five. So let's continue with more. Plus Reds Baseball kicks off tonight. As you may know, they're in the Land of the Giants in San Francisco, first pitch about nine to five.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: Coverage begins at eight forty five at your home of the Reds and the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW by Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 2: The great American.
Speaker 1: Of course, my hometown at Covington is being flooded as we speak. We've had reports now from New Richmond, later on from Aurora, Indiana. But until and then, the relatively new mayor of Covington is Mayor Ron Washington, who is a hero to many. Did a great job in the campaign. In fact, he was so good politically that no one ran against him. And now he's being tested by fire, ice and flood. Mayor Ron Washington, welcome for the second time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And as we sit here about one o'clock in the afternoon, can you tell the American people the status of flooding in my hometown at Covington.
Speaker 5: I would be glad to thank you, mister Cunningham for having me on. The City of Covington has received some minor flooding. When you look at the whole picture, around the forty fifth Street area of Covington has received flooding. The trailer park that we were very concerned about has received a small amounts of damage. We did evacuate people to Latonia Elementary School.
Speaker 3: A few people took us up on the evacuation.
Speaker 5: The determination is going to be made today whether not to keep that evacuation center opened.
Speaker 1: What are the experts tell you about the next twenty four to forty eight hours. Has it crested yet or is that later sometime today.
Speaker 5: We still do not know when the crest is going to happen. I just got off the phone with the fire chief. The fire chief indicated that we're still watching and seeing. We believe that it is steady. Since last night it rose, we believe about eight to twelve inches. So we've got our eye on it, but we're filling confident that it may not be raising anymore. You know, we do have the VFW Hall that's off of forty seventh Street. It is completely submersed in water. And then we do have some basements that have anywhere from you know, twelve the four feet of water and we're looking forward to the clean up bear Washington.
Speaker 1: When I take this suspension bridge and look to my right or left, there's a big floodwall there. What is the status of the river relative to that high floodwall on the right and left side of the suspension bridge. Very good question.
Speaker 5: On the right side, as many of you know, where Madison Avenue ends into the floodwall, we erected the floodgates several days ago. The water is up to the floodgates at the end of Madison Avenue, and we also put it at the.
Speaker 1: End of Bakewell Street.
Speaker 5: People may remember that as the former entries to the Waterfront restaurant. So the floodgates up there, floodgates up at Sixteenth Street, so we're preventing water from going onto our main streets. Now to the left, if you're coming south on the suspension bridge, you have Riverside Drive. Riverside Drive is a very scenic drive iro It is now covered with water and debris and some of the statutes are underwater.
Speaker 1: If one owns a home in that area and by the way, Riverside that's beautiful, gorgeous. Are those homes inundated yet? Will they be? What is the status of those Antebellum homes on Riverside Drive?
Speaker 5: So far, they have not been inundated. It's just the roadway. The park, there's a George Rogers Park is there. It's received from water. But reporting as of now is that those homes are safe and we don't perceive a problem with those beautiful homes.
Speaker 1: And as far as the as far as the Licking River, What is the status of the Licking River.
Speaker 5: Well, the Licking River is what's causing the trouble in Latonia.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Latonia is also the Licking River. And like I reported before, it's it's it's We believe it's steady right now. But it has done some damages to some basements in the forty fifth area, the VSW forty seventh Street. It is underwater, of course, it sits directly on the Licking River. But thankfully and prayerfully, at this time no one has been hurt.
Speaker 1: If you can recall, maybe you were in service to our great nation in the military, but in nineteen ninety seven the flood went over the top of the floodwall and had some real difficulties to anticipate this time that's going to happen or not, Assuming the status quo is maintained, assuming it doesn't rain anymore, and assuming the high River goes up another foot maybe eighteen inches, will a floodwall hold.
Speaker 5: Floodwall will hold. I was not in the military as a police officer, the floodwall will hold, you know, So we should we should be good.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So that beautiful hotel where Barry Larkin used to live on top of that hotel. When I take the suspensar bridge on the right, and is that accessible if someone wants to come into that area, which is by the convention center, are you shutting down traffic thither and fro? Or can one access the convention center?
Speaker 3: Everyone?
Speaker 5: If you want to come to the convention center, it's a riverside drive. Or excuse me, to Second Street where the hotels are, where our beloved CORPORATEX is no problems. You can park there, The parking garage is fine. Everything's fine on the other side of the floodwall.
Speaker 1: Where your life jacket not so good. Riverside drive? Is this gorgeous? But is that inaccessible?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: For those who know what we're talking about. When you go on the suspension bridge on the left, are some of those homes one hundred years old a little bit up on the top of a little hill overlooking the high River.
Speaker 2: Can someone access those homes or not?
Speaker 5: They can access them from their alley ways, but they cannot access their front doors unless they have a rowboat because the street is covered with water.
Speaker 2: And then the cover up's going to take a while.
Speaker 1: Correct, because these things happen normally it's the fight afterwards to get rid of all the debris and the mud that's going to be the problem looking forward.
Speaker 5: That's correct, And a special shout out to our public works. You know, they're the unsung, unseen heroes of our city that keeps the trains.
Speaker 3: Run on time.
Speaker 5: And they've done a great jobs erecting the flood walls and putting barricades up where Riverside Drive is and and River Road where there's low lining roadways.
Speaker 3: Near the river.
Speaker 5: And also our fire department who went door to door, especially in our trailer park and the forty fifth Street area to warn people about the flooding.
Speaker 1: So hats off to them. So really it's a problem, not yet a crisis. Have you ordered any evacuations, any orders on the citizens of Covington.
Speaker 5: No, no evacuations, No evacuation, No evacuations.
Speaker 3: No evacuations.
Speaker 5: The trailer park was evacuated, but you know that that evacuation took two days ago. It was a voluntary evacuation. It was not an order from the government so to speak. We did provide shelter for them at our Latonia Elementary School, and we suspect that the evacuation shelter will be shut down today.
Speaker 1: And one thing I talked to Rob Sanders over the weekend. We texted back and forth. Is there be any incidences of looting or unusual criminal behavior?
Speaker 2: It's your knowledge.
Speaker 5: No, I've readmind you that we're talking about Kentucky.
Speaker 1: No, there hasn't been.
Speaker 2: Not in Kentucky. It doesn't happen I Covington does it.
Speaker 1: We don't allow that. We put lines up.
Speaker 2: You have no question about it.
Speaker 1: You have you having Comington a whole bunch of real functional police officers. Well, Mayor Ron Washington, we have to go. You're being tested by fire and by flood. And the first few months of your titular head of the Covington government has been interesting, and I'm sure coming to will get along quite well. And once again, Mayor Ron Washington, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Mayor you're a great American. Thank you very much, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: Take care.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more and if the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred new at and T. Bill Cunningham on News Radio seven. Let's continue now after two o'clock today, we scheduled Connie Pillage to be here. The new Amy County prosecutor been out at about three months or so. Headline man fatally shot by officer, can't be linked to a stolen car, no charges for officer who shot him, And we're going to fill in some of the facts because up to this point of course there's been media speculation and leaks about what happened, how did it happen. This is the third shooting by a police officer, each called justified by Connie Pillage, And between you and I, there was a concern that if a liberal Democrat became the county prosecutor, he or she might have a different attitude when it came to police shootings. And this is one that looks to me to be completely justified. But I don't think all the facts are out there. So Connie Pillag and we'll be here after two o'clock to discuss her success as prosecutor would be my success. I wanted to be successful. There's no county in America that has a conservative Republican anymore, as the county prosecutor is completely one way and County Pillach is a suburban I who spent years in the state legislature. So let's see what she has to say after two o'clock today on the shooting on the side of I seventy five in the early morning hours of March the nineteenth, and the officer involved I thinks from Evendale will not face charges, and we'll discuss that more fully in about thirty five or forty minutes. Until then, I got a text from a police officer in Covington. One of my last questions of Mayor Ron Washington was about looting, and the officers said, we don't put up with that in Covington. That happens in Cincinnati. So I said, okay, there has been some looting in Cincinnati. You might recall a couple times during the so called George Floyd riots that justified looting and justified mayhem in which few, if anywhere ever prosecuted, That did not happen in Covington.
Speaker 2: In fact, when it was going on.
Speaker 1: You might recall George Floyd riots in twenty two twenty and then before that, about twenty years earlier, when Charlie Luken was the mayor, there was another precept that indicated it was time to loot, and the looting happened twice in the last twenty four years of a serious character in Cincinnati. In fact, there was a gentleman who took a skateboard up against the side winners of the Hamny County Justice Center, and that person was never apprehended, and there was just a widespread mayhem in Cincinnati. And at that point I was with you on the radio, and I had on the representatives of the city of Covington, the city of Newport. Guess what, there was no widespread looting or any looting in Covington or Newport. The police sent out the message quickly that if you engage in this behavior, you will be promptly arrested, there will be high bonds, You're going to be locked up and then sent down to Eddieville. And all of a sudden, guess what, there wasn't a looting, and that was not the message sent forth throughout. Most of our major cities which have been ruined by liberal democratic politicians are magnificent. Opulent cities lay in ruins largely. Give me an example. Over the weekend, I had anicasion to drive through Lochland, which as you may know, is between Wyoming and Reading, and to go through Lochland at least in the early evening hours, look like a third world country. Lachland didn't look good at all. It was bad. And that's because there were thousands and thousands of Mouritanians, which is a small country in western Africa, who made their way into America and congregated for some reason in Lochland, Ohio, and the police are overwhelmed. Crimes are being committed, of which there's no nine to one one call being made. If you have time sometime today tomorrow Wednesday, drive through Lochland, which is to go on the main drag there in Wyoming, the Home of the Cowboys, into Writing, the Home of the Blue Devils, and take a look at Lochland and tell me what you see. It's not good. In fact, it's bad. And so I anticipate that things will change for Donald Trump. He's revoking certain visas through an app that Joe Biden put in to aggravate the number of illegal aliens coming into America under some sort of a program that was originally created to allow individuals and other countries to temporarily come into America to have an operation performed on them, or to visit to look at the Grand Canyon, and he expanded that to include for any reason at all.
Speaker 2: That's part of the reason.
Speaker 1: We have over one million human beings inside of America right now, over one million that have orders to leave that won't leave. We have tens of millions of others that are here illegally that should be taken care of and apprehend it and sent back to their home country. But just take a look at downtown Lachlan and tell me that represents the best of the American dream. The city of Wyoming won't put up with it, the city of Rating won't put up with it. But Lachlan is overwhelmed. Let's continue with more. We'll see what happened after two o'clock today. We've scheduled the New Hamony County prosecutor County Pillage to be here to talk about the Lachlan I'm sorry it wasn't even it was Lachland police officer who shot and killed a forty eight year old immigrant because the immigrant did not respond to commands, was tased without noticeable effect, and allegedly he didn't, we think, understand English, so he didn't understand what was being done. But if officers have their weapons out and they're yelling at me. I don't care what language it is. I got my arms up. I don't have a I don't have a metal rod in my hand. So let's continue with more plus Reds. Baseball kicks off tonight about eight forty five. I show them the Reds and the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati. Glide through center right side to Wilson centered up. Oh that's God, has any scores?
Speaker 3: He scores?
Speaker 1: Palle all, that's dead scores? Ain't ninety five? There's a new goal scoring.
Speaker 5: Champion and his name he's Alexanderstand.
Speaker 1: He has done it.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiets, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Of course, segment. We have more issues than hockey.
Speaker 1: Explain that, well, Explain to Dave Keaton, how the goal record is different than the points record. Be goes according to the points record.
Speaker 2: You're great.
Speaker 1: When Wayne Gretzky is so far up in points, he'll never be approached by anyone, including Ovenchkin.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: Well, nobody thought that Gretzky's goal scoring record was going to be did you know?
Speaker 1: I kind of thought it would. I mean, how do you know?
Speaker 6: But the biscuit of this, it's like Pete Roses forty two fifty six.
Speaker 1: Never, who's gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Never? Never?
Speaker 1: You got to get at least what two hundred hits for tear like years, twenty years in a rank and you're still way short, right anyway, explain to them.
Speaker 6: But how about this though, in March of nineteen ninety nine, right down, Gretzky's scored his final goal number eight ninety four against the Islanders.
Speaker 2: Islanders eight ninety four.
Speaker 6: April of twenty twenty five, yesterday, Ovechkin scores the record goal eight ninety five against the Islanders.
Speaker 2: Impossible. How about that?
Speaker 1: And how they both scored eight ninety four playing exactly the same number, correct, eight ninety five. When he broke the record, he played exactly in the same number of games as Wayne Gretzky played.
Speaker 2: Correct. Then go do you call in the hockey games? Is that what it is? Or is a matchup?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: It's hockey game? Hockey game?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, now explain how the points are different than the goal.
Speaker 6: Well, the points his goals and assists are added up. So I had eight million assists, plus he's got eight hundred and ninety four goals.
Speaker 1: So the point record by Gretzky will never be a point, probably not No, Well, you never know, I'd say no. They're saying now that Ovechkin could have could probably score one thousand goals. He keeps playing, You gonna.
Speaker 2: Play one more year.
Speaker 1: I guess it's forty something years old, turns forty later this year. What if he plays two more years and has a thousand goals segment but he was congratulated by Vladimir Putin? Your comments, Well, well, I mean, you know, he's just a Russian, right, but he'll be a national hero over there.
Speaker 2: Could he be kicked out by Trump?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: See a citizen.
Speaker 6: I think so. Oh Vechkin, I don't think. I don't think they'll take his card.
Speaker 1: How about the Duke Center is gonna get kicked out of the country. How about that guy Sudanese guy? Is Sudanese eat anyway? Will he?
Speaker 6: The STWO reporters, Apron Service, every local Thame Star heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality, UCOD Feel in Cincinnati, Colwayoming Air had won eight eight eight nine.
Speaker 1: Six h v A C.
Speaker 6: What but now the Brewers dumped the Reds yesterday eight to two.
Speaker 1: Should I play some of your comments Reds Opening Day seg Man, should I mind?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cincinnati's now lost eleven straight series against Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: How's that possible?
Speaker 6: And that's the team they have to beat because Milwaukee's the class of the division they have been for they.
Speaker 1: Got nobody pitching, and they got rid of their best players, thank you. In fact, don't they have six on the d L five or six pitchers on the d on the IL. So before the one game Murphy said, who wants to pitch tonight? Somebody in the back of the rooms that I'll pitch, Yeah, goes out there and shuts down the Reds.
Speaker 6: At Cortes guy to just that does just beat him the other day he's out with some kind of arm or back problem. And then lighter the guy that beat him here and beat him there. He's got a blister.
Speaker 1: Seg If you don't beat the team your benchmark against a small market team Milwaukee, correct, right, and you lose zero for eleven. Right now, you want to review your remarks on Reds Opening Day segment about in Tito, we trust you saw something special make the Reds great again. Do you think there ought to be panic like the flood?
Speaker 3: Not you?
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready to Panic three and seven.
Speaker 6: They face the Giants tonight in the first of three in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Who's pitching for them?
Speaker 6: Lance McAllister has Sports Talk at six oh five.
Speaker 2: Do you have hope?
Speaker 6: RNL carriers inside Pitch at eight forty five. Do you have hope? It's a rematch of opening day starters tonight Willie Hunter Green and Logan Webb. I like Hunter Green, I said, the Giants won two out of three here in the opening weekend. The Giants have been red hot one seven in a row. They're eight and one.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 6: Andrew Abbott? What in a rehab assignments for it? Started for Louisville at Omaha last night? Pitched into the fifth inning, allowing two runs on four hits. What about Will Benson? Matt McClain.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna play or not?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: He missed the whole entire series with a hamstring injury. They hope to play today tonight twenty four, twenty five years old. Missus last year got a shoulder. Farm that guy's got a hamstring. How in the world, I say, wrap them up like mummies? Will Benson. Everybody's screaming for Will Benson and Novelli Marte to come up?
Speaker 2: What about Marte? What about Bell?
Speaker 1: They're both hitting the ball, hitting the you know what out.
Speaker 2: Of the ball.
Speaker 1: The Red's outfielders can't hit well. I don't know if it's time to panic with Nick Crawl or not or Brad Meter? What about uh Francona? Are you gonna call a? You're gonna comment on that? It's not even April? What not even tax day?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much? Wy didn't you calm down? Get a calm down?
Speaker 6: Congrats to Xavier head coach Billy O'Connor, two hundredth win over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How about Stax coach and teacher? How about missus Nutley? Is gonna efface some hard time daddy? Now she just got to do with college base. I was thinking, well, I was thinking about Saint X and you said X. I went to sant X and Rocky Boyman, who I understand received counseling from Missus Nutley after hours?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Nk us Dizzy Peyton, would you get counseling available one hundredth win when little second NKU head coach so the weekend?
Speaker 2: Would you like counseling for Missus Nuttley if you had some.
Speaker 6: Progress of counseling for you with five across your lip in a minute. NCAA tournament update brought to you by a c R gun Eyed pools and spas call today swim this year, called Frank.
Speaker 1: He's still running that special. Got a special going on. It's landscaping, It's the whole deal. It's the real deal. With a c R gunn eyed pools and spas called today.
Speaker 2: Swim this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Frank sol is going on gon special off herender standing by to take your calls to hit the music.
Speaker 2: That's Poindexter, He's dead.
Speaker 6: Coon won the women's championship for a twelve time down in South Carolina tonight.
Speaker 1: The man turned in San Antonio.
Speaker 7: Sixteen know the greatest coach of all time? Twelve championships, I would say one of them pretty good.
Speaker 6: Six thirty Fox Sports thirteen sixty the men's title Houston v.
Speaker 1: Florida. How about his first game with you conn as the head coach. He counted in the stands one hundred and one person's coming to watch it? One hundred and one, he said, one, two, three. Thanks have changed on the transfer portal. Oh, here we bearcats. Two, here we go.
Speaker 6: Dan Skillings junior entering the portal where he led the Bearcats in points, rebounds and blocks as a sophomore.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 6: Red shirt freshman ray Von Griffith, however, U see is also entering the portal.
Speaker 1: When you enter the portal, can you come out the other side or stay where you are? And I don't know how much money is Tony Pike offering to keep skilling who might be the best player on the team.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: I would say, so, where's he going? Where's he going? I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do you enter the portal? When you say I'm entering the portal? What do you do?
Speaker 6: Well, you go to the portal office where you sign up, and then you open the door and you're into portal in the portal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: FC Cincinnati back in action Saturday on the road to DC United. Congrats to Tommy g Tommy Gerletter called his three hundredth match Saturday night against New England.
Speaker 2: Good Man, good Man. I like him.
Speaker 6: And we have two national champions. Say this again, two national champions in the Tri state.
Speaker 2: Explain it.
Speaker 6: The Miami RedHawks beat UC to win the twenty twenty five Men's College dodgeball National championship over the weekend Elon Musk but U s rains as national D one champions in disc golf. This is the second time they've won the title national title.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty three and now twenty twenty five for UC and disc golf. There's disc golf they beat and they beat North Carolina by three strokes.
Speaker 1: What about dodgeball? Dodgeball?
Speaker 6: The Miami overcame a two to zero deficit before forcing o t dodgast Cincinnati. Have you seen dodgeball and Miami's dodgeball team. Most of them will be here on Friday. Really, we're in the process also of getting the University of Cincinnati National disc golf championship they wanted over the weekend in Marion, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing. Now, seven hundred.
Speaker 6: Players from eighty schools took part in three divisions in disc golf. You know, with the Frisbees trying to put them in the chain halls right up on a tree or something. Maybe the Friendly Confines ont to come up with that.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to a guy named oder Is, the president Kevic Country Claw. I'll say, if we can do disc golf at Kenwack country CLI do that. But wouldn't not be something to put up some pickleball courts.
Speaker 2: We have those. It wouldn't that be something? Disc golf.
Speaker 6: Let's see Master's champ Scottie Scheffler before the rain hit today. Willie playing in the practice grounded Augusta with his mom. Scheffler and McElroy are favorites this week to win the Green Jacket.
Speaker 1: I kind of want macloy to win because it'll complete the Grand Slam on this date.
Speaker 2: When is it?
Speaker 6: In twenty six six, reg general manager Wayne Krivsky acquires that dude BP, my main man, in a trade with Cleveland, one of the best player to be named later?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 6: I don't know that dude BP would play eleven seasons in a red uniform, three time All Star, four time Gold Glover, and a record thirty to thirty season in two thousand and seven from my main man?
Speaker 1: Is he in there? One might need a scotch before I get to work. Well, I think I think right now someone may need a scotch. How about this fact told I'm listening to Austin of course after the game yesterday. Yeah, the reds of course is zero and eleven against the brew Crew. Correct, even to the brew cruise herd get rid of their best players, have no pitching, right, they still lose.
Speaker 2: Reds lose.
Speaker 1: Right. But then also, as you may know, as of May first of each year having a winning record, the Reds are one and eleven in the last eleven years having a winning record or May first. Now you said at the Holy Grail, I haven't recorded somewhere that it's critical that the Reds get off to a good start. Would you describe this as a good start.
Speaker 6: No, they should have played more of their players in the preseason, like the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Who's gotten off to a worst start? Bengals last season or Reds this season? Well, Bengals, they go oher to three. You're in a You're in a hole.
Speaker 6: Hardly dig yourself out of it with at three and seven, you got one hundred and what one hundred and fifty to fifty?
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty some games left?
Speaker 2: Got some?
Speaker 1: You have some you have some time left? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 6: I would say so, but it might be so panicking like the flying panic. Calm down. I'm telling you need to tell Reds fans don't come down well this weekend, they're coming back home. Are you aware of that? Pittsburgh and Paul Skeens and then the saddle Seattle Mariners with Ken Griffy Junior hit town.
Speaker 1: He's playing a week after that. Then after that they go to Baltimore. Not good. Let's say at some point, huh, this fool is just got to stop. Well, at some point.
Speaker 6: Strings and wins together and we've been nice to start again. But the Giants are red hot, and this is their opener tonight. I think, oh no, I don't know, Well, what do you? I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you about I know right now.
Speaker 6: They're getting the pitching they're they're they're wasting good pitching. Well, he and the bats are silent. Maybe I would think that Rick Stowe put in an emergency uh deal order for torpedo bats.
Speaker 1: Tell Rick a dozen right now? For everybody they have outfielders that can't hit. They got a second basement that can't get on the field. And supposedly Matt McLain turned on a long term contract. He miss his last year with the shoulder. Now, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: What's a amstring? What are you doing right.
Speaker 1: That's right in your upper leg. I I never had those Injuriesavior you want to just chewed him off and all playing? And is he going to play tonight? Do you think we'll see?
Speaker 2: How about bringing up Bentley and Marte?
Speaker 1: You mean Benson.
Speaker 6: He's driving to Bentley probably drove up. Well, you can't get out of Louisville. It's flooded. How do you get out?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Boat we have nothing but issue everywhere I look, and.
Speaker 6: I'll see if you want those two guys there, you put them on a boat. They go all the way down to the Ohio, Illinois. You tell him to take her left. You go down to Mississippi, past Memphis, Vicksburg, matt Rouge, into New Orleans. That leaves you into the Gulf of America. Now what then you take the Golf of America to the Panama Canal. We own you bring them back up by the Pacific night. No, and at the end of the month tonight. They'll get to San Francisco by the end of the month, but the Reds won't be there. How about that's true?
Speaker 1: You got to do something different. Red's outfielders, whoever they are, aren't hitting at.
Speaker 6: All and and and stupid base running some of them.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, Andy Mack, how about this, got a text? Would you please tell Seggy's a clown? Seg you're a clown. Okay, thank you. Paul Skeens will not pitch this. Well, that's good. That's a good thing in the Red Series because we'll not pitching the Red Series against Pirates this week.
Speaker 2: This guy's calling you a clown.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm glad he called me a clown. I'm glad.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying Pittsburgh Pirates are starring Paul Skeens. Now, if you didn't say if he does, that's right. I didn't say.
Speaker 1: I think Pittsburgh has won two games, thank you. If you can't beat up on those guys, Yeah, they have.
Speaker 6: They have not built uh, they have not built a team in Pittsburgh around Skeens like the Reds have here. They've built it around good, good young players.
Speaker 2: What what what what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Overall good young players and young pitching. When when they start playing here? Now, when are they going to start winning some baseball games?
Speaker 6: Maybe to night they were allowed, maybe they'll sweep them. How about that big shot I want to about a hot futs son you on that one segment?
Speaker 1: Why not you got it?
Speaker 6: I think I think you have no hope, you have no faith, no notice see chaos. Ever, you're gonna jump off the Titanic before to the Iceberg stock market edich into that is one. What it's this week? It's the it's the twelfth, April twelfth?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 6: The Titanic hits the Iceberg and sinks. FDR died April, great loss of life, April. Lincoln was shot North Latin, all of it.
Speaker 1: We had that one guy that every year he would call, uh, give me some factoid on the Titanic. Lowell, that's him, Yeah, Lowell.
Speaker 6: And Wallace Hartley and the band played Nearer My God to thee as it went down.
Speaker 2: If you're still.
Speaker 1: Alive, call him. The fourteenth segment, get me out of the Stud's report. By the way, you scheduled Connie Pillage to be here at two o five.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, yeah, Willie, and honor of a beautiful day. The sun is out and no rain and floods. We don't need anything else, chaos. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud Report.
Speaker 7: You know, Debbie's right, now are like museums to me, I'm just looking at Ad Myron, looking at Ad Myron.
Speaker 2: When he refers to Debbie's, what's he talking about?
Speaker 6: Ladies? The Debbie's the ladies, the little Debbie. You needed a code book with that dude, BP and the dugout. But they were classic times and.
Speaker 1: In today's world, with and without nuts, the Debbie sometimes have nuts. On news radio seven hundred wlw Right, Bill Cunningham, the Great America and the account Prosecutor Connie Pillage announced a couple hours ago that a Lachland police officer involved in a police involved shooting on the side of I seventy five about three point forty five in the morning or so on March the nineteenth of this year. We're not face charges, Jonan, You and I now it's that same Connie Pillag and Connie Pillach. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Connie, can you tell the American people whether this case was presented to the grand jury or did you kind of do this, shall we say without presenting it the facts?
Speaker 4: Thanks thanks for having me, Bill really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we did not see the need to take this to the grand jury. I was one of the people among four prostitutors from my office who responded to the scene that morning, and we reviewed all the evidence available to us, and I'm very satisfied that it was a justifiable shooting.
Speaker 2: Let's walk through some of the facts.
Speaker 1: I think the media got it wrong at least beginning about this. This future decedent may have been involved in the chase itself. Can you explain how the chase began, I think in the Westchester area, then made its way to Ice seventy five because there was some misinformation out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, certainly so. Up in Butler County on Routes seven seven, a flock camera alert noted a license plate that belonged to a vehicle that had been stolen, and Westchester law enforcement responded, found the car and started following itself. The car did run some red lights and was picking up speed, so Westchester continued its pursuit. At two seventy five, the car turned west on two seventy five, Westchester, still in pursuit, they took the first exit and did sort of a loop the loop and got back on to two seventy five heading west. We can only presume that they were trying to elude the police, but between onto I two seventy five they were exceeding one hundred miles an hour, and even though it was at two point thirty in the morning, that's still incredibly dangerous. Our highways are not built for that type of speed and the visibility you need. So then they got off. Let's see, then they got off on Mostellar Road and went south and as they started to go south to Westchester, police backed off because now they're in Hamilton County and Sharonville took over, and around the same time a lot of law law enforcement agencies in Hamilton County were alerted and started to respond. We had Evendale responding, obviously Sharonville because they were already in pursuit. We also had the county sheriff and at some point Lockland. So the car started a meander through Sharonville and Evandale and got onto Medallion Drive, which is an industrial light industry area no residences, and when an Evendel police officer found it, crashed into a guardrail, which is a dead end on one of those roads, and all the doors to the vehicle were open and it was empty. So instead of pursuing a vehicle. Now they were trying to find the passengers and the driver inside, and that's where we start to move into what happened with the shooting.
Speaker 1: So there was some indication by that point there were multiple persons. Because of all the four doors open of the crash vehicle, one would have to assume they were looking looking for numerous people in the dark about two thirty three o'clock in the morning, and the weather was chilly, it was cold. So these officers from Hamlety County Sheriff Evendale, Sharonville Lachlan, I thought they had something serious on their hands because this person driving the car committed numerous felonies fleeing and looting, plus other offenses, and they were seriously looking for them and unbeknownst to them, as I understand it, as the facts went on that whoever was driving that car that committed these numerous felonies fleeing and looting, that person to this time has not been apprehended or arrested, but the police did not know that at the time. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's correct, So we don't really know at this time how many people were in. But like you said, if all four doors are open, it makes sense that they're trying to get away past they're not going to stop and open a door for no reason. They all ran off, and about since that time, there was one suspect has been has been found, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.
Speaker 1: Right, So one was yeah, one was found later, but that's not the that he wasn't the object of the shooting. So explain how this other person who just I guess happened to be walking along I seventy five. Explain how the police came in contact with that person who later would be shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. So as I said that, many law enforcement agencies were responding, and one of those responders was an officer from Lachlan. He started moving, driving north on I seventy five. Oh, I want to say about three o'clock am. And as he's driving north towards where everybody believed the suspects had fled, he saw a man who we later found out with Samuel Munar Test walking north on the shoulder of I seventy five, and the officer naturally thought he could be involved with this this stolen vehicle. So he with his lights on his and his sirens running, stopped and engaged with mister Mum with mister Munyar's head test.
Speaker 2: I couldn't say the last name either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of a lot of syllables. So so they you know, we were in our investigation and in our review of the evidence. Here's what we saw. So the Lachlan officer did not have a body worn camera, nor was he required to. And you'll you'll learn that the village of Lachlan started to acquire body worn cameras just earlier this year and they're still in the process. They've ordered them and still in the process of that. So kudos to the chief who thought that would be helpful. Unfortunately would have been a little more helpful earlier. But what we did see was that a sheriff's deputy who was a canine officer had also responded and he was in Edendale trying to help find the fleeing suspect, but he heard the radio traffic from this Lachland officer who said, I found a man on the side of the road. He has something in his hands. So the the sheriff's deputy and the canine officer started walking south on I seventy five. Actually it might have been the on ramp or the exit ramp going from as you were going north, he'd be exiting to Glendale Milford Road. And we got to see his video, his body worn camera video, and it shows him heading towards. You can see the flashing lights, you can hear the siren, and you can see as we get as he got a little closer, the bilouette of the Lachlan officer and mister Munya Tete and.
Speaker 1: Was here at the critical moment. Kind of at this point the confrontation, that's unusual for some woman walking on the side of I seventy five or two forty five in the morning. Uh, and you're looking for these two or three guys not knowing who. So at this point, what did the officer do at that point from Lachlan.
Speaker 4: So, of course the officer didn't really know why mister Munya Tetta was there, but he could have been a reasonable person of interest in this vehicle theft and chase. And it also we learned that mister munhaw Uteta had a metal pipe in his hand and you can see on the Canine officers video you can see unfortunately, mister munhaw Utetta moved towards the officer, but we also know and he had the uh the pipe raised above his head in a threatening manner. We did hear on the radio transmission the Lachlan officer was saying, he's got something in his hands, he's not listening to my orders. And then about thirty seconds later, step it up, please, And about another twenty seconds after that, the video shows mister Munhai Routeta LUNs towards the officer in that threatening manner, and that's when we heard the shots fired. The canine go ahead please as.
Speaker 1: Far as the metal pipe, and one would have to assume that if you're walking in a place you should not be, it's probably an offense simply to be on Ive seventy five walking in the early morning hours. Secondly, the argument from the family, I read some of their comments from the family said that he didn't understand English completely and that he used some sort of app in order to translate. But you'd have to assume at that point the red lights are on, the yellow lights are on, sirens are everywhere. It's fair to assume the future deceit and understood that this was a law enforcement matter and that he was the subject of it. At some point. Can you tell the American people, County pilachaw Many County prosecutor, how many feet away from the future deceited was the Lachland police officer when he fired the one in fatal shot. Was it five feet, ten feet, twenty feet? How close was this guy to maybe causing serious physical harm to the Lachland police.
Speaker 4: I don't have that information. I can tell you that from the video that I watched and that I showed at my press conference today, you could see that mister Munta was moving advancing swiftly toward him. But I didn't take the measurements at the scene, so I'm reluctant to to opine on what the distance was, but I do want to let you know that as the shots were fired, the canine officer continued to approach the scene. He was running and he uh yelled out to the to mister Munata to show me your hands, show me your hands. And and of course mister munhaar Roteta didn't understand. I mean, it's a stressful situation to begin with. People are screaming at him, there's lights and sirens, and I it's it's not surprising that he might not have understood but to the officers and handcuffed mister mun Pets. Another law enforcement began to arrive. They rendered first aid. And then when you get closer, we have a good view of the scene. You can see that the officer had deployed his taser and that was on the ground, and I have the taser discharge report which confirms that he deployed the taser. We can see it appears just from where the taser was that the officer had backed up quite a bit. So he was trying to de escalate in whatever way he could. But when someone's lunging at you with a metal pipe or a metal rod, and behind you is traffic going sixty seventy miles an hour I seventy five, he couldn't retreat.
Speaker 1: As far as the two or three reasons, the County prospect County Pillage did not present it to the grand jury, which by the way, is a normal procedure. There are many times in the past where the ham Many County prosecutor or other prosecutors, unless you firmly believe yourself in the fact that this person should be indicted, I don't present it because who knows what they might do? At your job as county prosecutor, as you know, to present cases of the grand jury when you believe firmly that an offense was committed by the defendant in this case of Lachland police officer, So what were the two or three main factors in your mind that said, after this lengthy investigation, including several agencies including BCI, what were the two or three reasons you decided not to present it to the grand jury.
Speaker 4: It was very clear to me that the officer tried to use non legal force and took the escalation techniques. It was also very clear and evident that mister munyait had took a very aggressive approach, holding this uh steel rod steel type in his hands above his head, kind of like a baseball dad, except above his head, and he was lunging towards the officer. The officer was trying to to uh save his own life. That's what I needed to see. He already, Yeah, he tried to escalate.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'd have to assume that if the officer did not shoot the future defendant, that the reasonable behavior of this uh, this uh, this person from Africa would have his intent was to cause physical harm to the cops. So the cop had to shoot to save his own life for other people's lives.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yes, And the officer did a good job of trying to avoid having to shoot him. It reflects he had good training and had good wits about him. And I couldn't as that's a stressful situation. He got cars feeding, DYU, you get run over if you have to back up anymore. And they're a man lunching at to with some metal object over his head, ready to bring it down on your head.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: For me, it was extremely justifiable.
Speaker 2: A Many County prosecutor County, yeah, please go ahead.
Speaker 4: Look. And the officer was clearly impacted by the incident, you can see that in the video too, and he didn't want to cause such a tragedy, but that's what he had to do.
Speaker 1: As a policy matter going forward. You've been there about four months. As a policy matter, for example, Butler County Prosecutor Michael Moser takes every police shooting to the grand jury to determine if the officer has committed any crime. You seem not to take that approach, which is similar to other prosecutors have done in Hamlet County. Well, what is the policy of Countie Pillach when it comes to police shootings, will you take everyone to the grand jury or not.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not going to take everyone to the grand jury. I'm only going to take those to the grand jury that where I believe we have probable cause to move forward with a crime and with a charge.
Speaker 1: Right, And in this case you say no. In fact, this is the third police shooting that's happened under your watch. And on February the twenty eighth, Robert Brandon Eldrid, thirty nine years old, was accused of charging at sheriff's deputies and you didn't take it to the grand jury. March the second police shot, Cincinni police shot thirty one year old Patrick Lyons after he charged that officers with a knife, and you call that a clean shooting. So as far as police conduct, if you're a police officer's three to zero. The county pillage will review each case, but you're not going to present cases of the grand jury putting the officer's freedom at risk unless you firmly believe in the truth of the charge.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly? And look, I've responded to two of these three shootings myself, and part of that is because I'm new and I want to make sure I know what the proper procedures are and my office and I reviewed the evidence and I made the decision to not proceed on those They were clean shootings, and that's where we start.
Speaker 1: County Pillage, thank you very much, and I like the lines of communication being open and the police officer is free. Of course, is always possible to have federal involvement in this, so we are going to have a new US attorney in the next thirty days, I'm told, and thinking of who it's going to be. But nonetheless, there's possible of a federal involvement. It's unlikely, but it's possible. But you did your duty as God gave you the light to see that duty and deciding not to present it to the grand jury, which means this officer is free and clear at this point. Of course, there's civil charges that might be filed, and that's possible, but as far as your criminal duties prosecuting under state law, County Pillage said, there was no crime committed, and that's.
Speaker 4: Right, and I thank you so much for having me on and I look forward to chatting with you about cases as we go forward.
Speaker 1: All right, good and you know Rob Sanders, the Kenton County prosecutor I talked with over the weekend. He said he wants to set up a meeting with you, and we'll do that through your staff and Connie Pellach. Once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Connie, You're welcome. Thanks Bill, God bless you.
Speaker 2: Bye, let's continue with more. There you have it.
Speaker 1: I'm very encouraged by Connie Pelliche doing this. There was a fear that some maybe liberal Democratic prosecutors around the nation want to go after cops, but Connie Pellach appears not to be one of those. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred w you ought to be.
Speaker 7: Do you still trust the president on trillions of dollars in the market have been lost.
Speaker 1: We have to give the president space as strategy is playing out.
Speaker 2: It's been less than a week, so I think he's owed that.
Speaker 1: Hello by it, I'm broadcasting right guy.
Speaker 2: Do you want to change the subject matter?
Speaker 1: Here you go. What happened happened is how to get unplugged. It could have been sabotage with it, could have been mamatage message with it, sabotage sabotage. He's too giddy with all the.
Speaker 6: Let's get it all, let's let's go want to get Thank you sabotage.
Speaker 1: Don't sabot.
Speaker 7: You'll want to get someone tried to sabotage. I can say is is you're fond of saying. I see is chaos everywhere I look, everywhere, flood on the market. But you're a bought the obvious questions, aren't you you want to?
Speaker 2: You want to?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 1: Big news today? Senex High School is in the headlines again and again and again, again and again and again. I'm just saying, missus nutting lines were winning titles, no losing titles, but this is on Senex boys got the title. According to media accounts, Emily Nutley, one of your former teachers and counselors, pled guilty this morning to two counts of sexual battery of a student. Nutley been indicted in October twenty four and six counts sexual battery having sex in cars in the gymnasium until proven guilty. You don't know she was just found guilty. She's found guilty, looking at ten years in the joint along with sexual offender status. Now, what is your relationship with Missus Nutley aka Emily Do you know her?
Speaker 2: Was she there when you were there?
Speaker 7: Do not, do not, deny, deny comment on said allegations.
Speaker 2: You cannot comment whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Can't say so if you struggling academically, you saw Missus Nutley and the rest is history.
Speaker 7: What about Deer Park? Is going on there? What about cole Raine segment?
Speaker 1: What about it?
Speaker 6: What's going on there? And they need a football game, they need a football win.
Speaker 2: I'll do a good job.
Speaker 1: I'm told an oldie, but goodie might come back. Have you heard about this one? K begins with a K ends with a C, and I'm not talking to Kansas City carry Combs. Well, they already got one coach. Is he coming back as an assistant? That's good? Say get me into sports because Rock doesn't want to talk about further comment Nutley, will he the Stugre Borders and pro service, Every local tame.
Speaker 6: Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Cincinnati, called the experts that preferred home comfort at five, one, three, eight.
Speaker 1: Nine, two h v A c.
Speaker 6: Red try to get back on the winning truck tonight, will ye the first of three in San Francisco against the Giontes.
Speaker 7: And you want to avoid talking about that too, don't you? Chaos Everywhere?
Speaker 6: Six oh five, Lance and Sports Talk RNL carriers Inside Pitch at eight forty five, and it's a rematch of the opening day starters at GAVP Hunter Green and Logan Webb.
Speaker 1: How about bringing in someone other than that one guy that's your ow character to pitching the ninth. The Giants are red hot.
Speaker 6: They've won seven straight after leaving Cincinnata and they're eight and one on the year.
Speaker 1: So the Giants are hot now with their home opener eight and one rolling like coming in.
Speaker 6: NCAA turning update brought to you by ACR gun Eyed Pools and spas called today swim this year. Carl Frank He's running a special men's National Championship on tonight in San Antonio. The road ends here. The road ends tonight. Houston Cougars via the Florida Geats.
Speaker 2: Good you like rock.
Speaker 1: Florida. I'm taking you Houston, Yes, six thirty. They would celebration. They wouldn't Elijah Wan on the floor, unbelievable royalty. Oh at Houston, I would think he's yea master of the Universe transfer portal in.
Speaker 7: Turns like no, sir, no sir, into a credentials This tall guy, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Wants on the what's his name? Ala? What now?
Speaker 1: You don't know who's jawan?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 6: Dan Skellings junior is entering the transfer portal, as you see, is fine after leading the Bearcats and points, rebounds and blocks as a sophomore.
Speaker 7: Of Xavier's starting basketball team. And you see starting basketball team, how many are still on the roster?
Speaker 1: Not many?
Speaker 7: None red shirt Griffith of UC Also he's gone heading to the T T. P Fund and Tony Pike.
Speaker 1: It might be Alabama roll Tide Scaling might go to Alabama for a million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 1: That's what's moving the needle with these kids than they care at the academic opportunitation. Yes, student athletes, right athletes? How much a million I'm coming? I don't even go to I don't even go to a physical classroom, so online online and then just working out and eating and working out, eating and chasing girls from playing basketball.
Speaker 7: Not a bad life, had life. Someone find me some more eligibility and you get paid a million dollars a minute? What everybody's wanting to get out of college was to stay in college.
Speaker 1: Zager have a team. They got two players of a team.
Speaker 7: Richard Bertino Wolff, worry you take your advice about opening up tryouts to the student body.
Speaker 1: I suggested the Greg Christopher that what they ought to do is put out a message. If you played high school hoops, you want to try out for the team, report at four o'clock in the Centa Center and see what you got. McK cronin did that, right, mc cronin did that? Remember Barwin? And he found somebody who was on the football team, right? I mean a hell of football, I know, but he was a heck of a He could shoot and he could rebound. I don't think Davior has a football program anymore. Maybe they played it never happened to that lacrosse team. That that the first lady women's rugby rugby rugby still being organized. We can't get a team together. What about the cliff were not signing up?
Speaker 7: Sunning up got sixty five years old, sixty five and older women to play rugby?
Speaker 1: Not beating down the doors for that? He has three members? Are they practicing now?
Speaker 6: Down at the sixty foot level of the flood at Ohio, not the cliff chaos.
Speaker 1: Talk to the mayor of what was that, Covington, Covington, Ron, Washington. Things are on the up and up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't I don't like to hear that at all to you. You were fishing for chaos. Come on, come on, I wasn't giving it to you, and you were quite perturbed. I'm worried about looting. He said, we don't have we don't have looting here. Looting here Cincinnati, Well, we don't have looting here. And that guy spent thirty years as a cop and he says, we don't have any looting. And rob Centers sent sent me a text on looters. I won't repeat it. We don't have looters here.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 2: We put up with it.
Speaker 1: Well, seg what else in sports? Because tonight we got chaos? How about these how about these facts? Are the Reds the last eleven series with Milwaukee els their own to eleven on May first? They've had one winning record in the last twelve seasons. Now who starts more poorly? The Reds are the Bengals? Well, I mean, right now you have to say the Bengals because the games mean a lot more.
Speaker 2: Each game's worth about sixteen years.
Speaker 6: One hundred and fifty one more left in baseball, one hundred and fifty whatever.
Speaker 7: The problem is, they're not playing well and they're not hurt yet. Wait till we get to the part where they get over the plans always hurt.
Speaker 1: That's true. You didn't play last year. Now this year his hamstring hurts and he's not playing. What about the outfit? You got Marte and you have Benson kicking ass and in Louisville, why not bring him up? Get them up here. We need somebody to hit the ball. Would you agree, You've got to hit the ball. I gotta score some runs.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you by if they don't, if they don't do anything in San Francisco, by the time they can come home to the Pirates this weekend, they'll both be here.
Speaker 1: And Paul Skins is not pitching this weekend. So the Pittsburgh's won two games, course regser won three.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? Do you have hope? Do you have any hope? I have lots of hope.
Speaker 7: That's all good things. You're gonna turn around, that's all. It can't get much worse. Flooding, stock market, reds Saint X counseling. What's on the big show today?
Speaker 1: We have read out the gate.
Speaker 7: We have Scott Warbman going to talk about the stadium, big deal of them, and that's what like, within a year we're gonna know are they gonna stay or are they gonna go?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be shocking if they don't. If they say by June thirty, say June fifteenth, we're leaving in a year that's legal and they're gone, that would be total chaos. Now now we got to now we're chaos all of a sudden. The commissioners will say.
Speaker 2: Young Gang Gang Yang Gang Gang Yang Yang Yang.
Speaker 7: Now they're playing that card hard and they the first time they played it, what about twenty five years ago, worked pretty good, real good.
Speaker 1: He showed up in Baltimore. Mike Brown went to Baltimore and according to a Chicago story, the Bears won.
Speaker 7: My Scorio is talking about that. They joined two teams in Chicago. They have a stadium. What, yeah, they can share that.
Speaker 2: What now, what do you say?
Speaker 1: Now do we have chaos big time if we lose Joe Burrow?
Speaker 7: So what do you do if you're the if you're the tax payer, do you take it in the rear again again next to keep the Bengals here, or do you say you know we're not. We gotta draw a line in the sand. Shut up, we gotta draw a line in the sand and the Bengals leave.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I think it's that stadium that's chaos. I would like to think some deal can be made where the Bengals pay a little bit more, the county pays a little bit less.
Speaker 2: Don't present it as a vote.
Speaker 7: The Bengals don't want the county to pay less. They want to pay more. You understand that, right, Yeah, ignorant?
Speaker 2: Funny, ignorant.
Speaker 1: Well, I think in reality the Bengals have got to pay more in the county pay less. You're telling me the Bengals have to pay less than the county's got to pay more. If that happens, the taxpayer is gonna have a goo go because the taxpayer thing the Bengals ought to pay more than the counties how to play less. But you're saying, in reality the Bengals should pay less than the county should play pay more.
Speaker 7: Is that what you're saying is their's team. They're franchise. Shouldn't they pay a little more.
Speaker 2: Six billion dollars? I mean they made made some money, didn't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems fair.
Speaker 7: It seems like everybody can can get along and he keep some good will with a town that has embraced you through thick and thin.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike mcconnall went to Chicago, maybe the Bengals would go to Chicago. Would you still root for the Bengals if they were in Chicago Bengals?
Speaker 2: No, would you say?
Speaker 1: I go back to route and I guess for the Cleveland Browns like I did as a kid.
Speaker 2: I rooted a little way too.
Speaker 1: All the Bengals got here in sixty eight. Remember that Dick Macheleski, Louke Roza, remember that night, Remember that thirty two? How about number forty nine we're talking about? You know that we had all the games here, cared about the Browns. Now we got the Bengals, and my old coach, Hal Pennington gave Paul Brown to name the Bengals hey used in the nineteen thirties for a semi pro team here called the Bengals.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't be some if the Cleveland Browns stayed in Cleveland and the Bengals angles went to Chicago or San Antonio or Austin or Mexico.
Speaker 2: This could happen.
Speaker 1: But if they're gonna know, I mean, is anybody paying attention to this?
Speaker 2: Sega? Are you paying attention?
Speaker 7: Well, that's why we're gonna have Scott Wartman on the top. Is anyone paying attention? I mean if that happened, I mean a lot of people in a month would wake up and go what he's talking about?
Speaker 1: I just bought my by Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Jersey Day, who days, who days?
Speaker 1: In Chicago. That would be a shock. And normally this text years. This is going to take by by the end end of June, because.
Speaker 7: If they went to Chicago, there's a stadium already ready to go, right or they're building one and they need another tenant. They're saying, we need another tenant. It's like LA's got the two teams Chicago.
Speaker 1: But they could play right away. They wouldn't have to wait.
Speaker 7: They wanted to stay here that they could wait for years and years and goo, I mean the stadium's going to be under it's like two years, but they could extend it for two years.
Speaker 1: That's three years total and move to Chicago. Now where are we now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: We got crises? Would you agree? Can't fathom it? Well, you better talk to a warpman about this. I've had him on before. He's a good man. He's a good man.
Speaker 2: Something about four o'clock.
Speaker 7: We had Julie Jones talking about workplace etiquette.
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 1: People, You can't drop the for it, don't drop it, can't do that. Only women do that in the workplace.
Speaker 7: But cutting your fingernails in your seconds in the workplace.
Speaker 1: I've seen sake two on his toenails in his office. Should I say that on him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He chewing on his toenails in his office.
Speaker 1: That's kind of something you shouldn't do, right, like passing gas or something you shouldn't do that, shouldn't do it?
Speaker 7: And no, but there's something funny about in the window for you weird. I saw you chewing on your toenails.
Speaker 1: I can't even see them, like a monkey. When's the last time you saw your feet? I know they're down there because I'm walking. Not good, not good by anything else else? How about you and missus Joan, you got a thing going down again?
Speaker 2: Here we go. Her name's got to be Nutley too right. I don't know that, sued. I'm just telling the truth from this I'm reading right here out of there.
Speaker 1: We're not going to be accessories, do you? Accessories not part of some of us. You would like to be an accessory to missus Nutley.
Speaker 7: Though, this is the longest dooge report Everhi, thank you, Rock, thank you.
Speaker 1: One that will never end.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But she's facing ten years at Marysville. Circumstantial, but they have evidence. There's a blue dress. Okay, that's all I can tell you. Say, give me on report, give me aust Willie, you hot he of a sun's shiny day.
Speaker 6: Finally here in the tri State, Missus Nutley and Water Water go away, come back another day.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Brian.
Speaker 1: Ten others a couple of cent here. I just don't particularly like them, so I won't introduce.
Speaker 8: Over the course of this amazing season, the members of this team, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Actually, Washington, over the course of this amazing season, the members of this team gave us some of the most and that's enough.
Speaker 7: He doesn't seem worried about the tariffs doesn't seem shaken. King jokes in the White House will be okay, be fine, I'm down right, we'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with the Rock sand X councilor the news radio seven hundred led over here.