Speaker 1: Good morning, Kentucky Anda. Seven oh five. Here Kentuckyana's morning news on news Radio eight forty whas nit Coffee with you, John Alden alongside Scott Fitzgerald, John Shannon. The full crew is here. As though we get this thing started at seven oh six, we got it started at five o'clock, and I got my day started as far as walking out of my house at about I don't know, roughly three twenty three twenty five, and I don't think I've ever been In fact, there haven't been many times where I've been outdoors at that time until recently, because obviously this is a new schedule for me. But I don't think it's crazy to think that we may I mean for me, and there's no way of knowing this. I'm sure there's some recency bias, but I feel like it was hotter and more humid, just muggy to an extent that I've never experienced at that time of the evening, early morning, whatever you want to call it. So be prepared. Not only is the temperature going to be hot, but it's going to be humid, gross and just I mean summertime is is on schedule here.
Speaker 2: Sommatiles somat so soummuch.
Speaker 1: Time when I'm sweating my rear end off all summer, when we get just this brutal air quality here, the humidity, I'm just gonna think of Tony Vannetti in that. I mean it, it's spitting and maybe.
Speaker 2: That's a motive somats so much time.
Speaker 1: And I don't even know who he did that ad for, Okay, shout out to them, because that's such a that's such a notable spot within the spot by Venetti that that's just all I hear, you know, whatever he says in the rest of the ad, me, I'm just thinking of.
Speaker 2: Leuble zouslezous leble zal so summatis somat so so much size.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he could recreate that if we all think so, I don't know. He's a showman. He might be able to do it. But it is hot as anything. I don't think there's any way you could describe how hot it is outside, or at least it's going to be, meaning it's hot as hell. It's hot as and again there's certain you know, there's certain ones that probably come to mind for you like they are me that I know that I shouldn't shouldn't be saying on the radio, Although I did hear one over the weekend that I'd never that I had never heard before, and I thought it was you know, I thought it was you know hot. Have you heard hotter than a Jalapino's armpit? No, I've never heard somebody said that. Where was I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We were. We were at a church picnic over the weekend and I was wiping the sweat off my face to go get another another beer, and one of the gentlemen serving the beer at the Saint Paul picnic said, it's hotter than a Jalopino's armpit out here, And I'm like, you know what, yeah, it is. I don't think again, whatever you want to whoever you want to describe the hot ass, I don't think anybody's gonna challenge you and say, well, you know what, Actually it's hot, but not that I no, it's it's brutal. So if you are somebody that you work out doors or you work somewhere where there is no air conditioning, you probably already knew this. But I'm gonna tell you firsthand, you were tougher than me. I'm not build like you because I don't know if I could do it. So shout out to those that do, in fact have to make a living working in these conditions. And I'm sure they're used to it, but I'm sure it also sucks. Let's be honest. I mean, I mean, you get used to anything if you do it long enough. But stay hydrated, stay safe, because you know, if you're not careful, you know, you could end up having a heat stroke. That's the kind of heat we've got here. So everybody make sure you are you are prepared. So let's give you the latest when it comes to the Israel Iran war, which of course the United States got involved in on Saturday with their strike on Iran. So yesterday looked as if we've got peace in the Middle East, right, the ceasefire. I mean, that was certainly some encouraging news, and I think it was a surprise, a pleasant surprise to a lot of people, so much so that those that are just dead set on wanting Donald Trump to look foolish and look like he made a big mistake, and sometimes he makes that easy when it comes to certain things. However, I mean, the initial report yesterday that we had come to a complete total ceasefire where you had both Iran and Israel ending their war. That was great news and I think it surprised a lot of people in a good way. But since then you had Iran strike after the ceasefire deadline had passed, which of course was concerning, and then you had President Trump following that late last night then say that now the ceasefire is completely in full effect, and then within the last couple of hours you've got Israel accusing Iran of firing missiles past the deadline, I suppose, and they vowed to strike back as Tehran denies violating ceasefire, which again was just announced by Trump hours earlier. So it is something that is kind of hard to keep up with, but we'll do our best to keep you up to date as far as what's going on here. But again, I think big progress was made yesterday, and I think it's still safe to say that as we speak, but you never really know with these kind of things. All right, let's get another update on traffic and weather right here at Kentucky and it's Morning News News Radio eight forty WHAS seven sixteen here at Kentucky and is Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty whas. I'm sure we all know someone, maybe multiple people who just believe they're great at everything. But I think the vast majority of society, maybe they are overly confident in certain things, but they'll at least acknowledge, Yah, there's something I'm not great at. I'm not a good cook, not a good golfer, I'm not good at at sports. I'm not a good dancer. But you know what, I think we have at least I've observed here. And there was a recent incident out in driving over the weekend that made me realize this. I don't think many people are comfortable, or maybe they just don't believe it. Like if you ever heard somebody say, yea, I'm a real bad driver, not good at driving? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: If you think if you think of about that, why we are I think comfortable acknowledging certain things were not great at or even good at. But I'd say the people who say they're not a bad driver, the small amount that that might be, they're people who don't like driving to begin with, that'd be my guess. But why can't you acknowledge, like I'm not a great driver. I've been in accidents that are my fault. Not many, but like I'm not perfect. I make mistakes like put it this way. I make mistakes on the road that you know, like not forgetting to use my turning lane, or not realizing that I'm in a lane that I'm supposed to turn but I didn't realize it to now I got to get over. You know, I will acknowledge, Hey, hand up, that's my bad. But what I think, and the reason that that that I wanted to bring this up is because on Saturday, I was getting off the Gene Snyder turning left onto I guess that Shelbyville Road there in Middletown, and I was in it. There were two lanes where you turn left, so both lanes and you get two turning lanes. And I ended up very very briefly realizing that I was I was kind of going wide to where I was. I was, I wasn't going to end up in the other lane, but I had to be Okay, it looks like I'm kind I'm kind of getting there, let me stop. It wasn't a point where a near accident happened. It wasn't something where somebody even had to honk their horn at me. But I was just lucky that I realized, oh yeah, I need to be careful here, so I didn't think anything of it. But as soon as I ended up going straight, no longer turning the car that was in the lane that again, had I not realized that I was kind of drifting into their lane, it would have probably caused them to slam on their brakes, honk their horn, and it could have caused an accident. But like even if I would have made the bigger mistake and didn't realize it, it would have been an issue on my end, but it didn't get to a point where a near wreck happened, so I wasn't expecting any kind of confrontation by any means. But as soon as we are next to each other, this car speeds in front of me, window down, middle finger up, just just angry, just ready to let me have it. And this might have just been a maniac on the road. Though that's a scary thing to consider, but that's a that's a real possibility, and just given by the brief interaction I had, which wasn't much interaction at all for me, but they did look like a maniac. But what I want to tell people is that if that's you, there are people that will acknowledge, hey, my bad. I think because it's I don't know, maybe it's just because nobody would ever want to admit that they're at fault in driving. Maybe they've had an accident where because we're a no fault state, they feel as if they've been accused of being a bad driver. They've got they've got something on their record through insurance as far as driving that they know wasn't their fault but it But again, it's a no fault state, so they just are they're they're eager to prove people wrong. But despite you know, whatever their insurance says or whatever the police report says about an accident, they just they want so badly to be the better driver than somebody else. But had the guy you know, confronted me directly, I would have, you know, I would have said, hey, my bad, let me let me give you a little courtesy way that hey, that was my fault. But I don't think people even assumed that anybody would do that because we're always at each other's throats on the roadway at times. And again, I just think about this, there are many things people will just openly admit that they're not good at rarely will you hear anybody, Yeah, not a great driver. And again it's a scary thing. Maybe you maybe people will say, well, you shouldn't be on the road, and I don't know, maybe the right but I'll admit I'm not a perfect driver, and I've been in accidents before, not many, nothing serious, but sometimes people can just make a mistake on the road. And no accident nearly happened, nobody really was was inconvenienced in a major way. But like you can still say, hey, my bad, but this person didn't want to, you know, they just wanted to scream at me and throw me, you know, give me the middle finger, and not even let me like I eventually had to just turn off into a parking lot because I think this person was in front of me, following me, if that makes sense. Kind of a scary situation, but I guess that's probably not I'm sure there's many of you listening that have been in a situation like that. Maybe I'm wrong, but anyhow, we've got trappick in weather coming your way. Also, another update on sports right here on news Radio eight forty whas thank you John Shannon, it is Kentucky and his morning news and I am Nick Coffee here on news radio eight forty whas so it looked as if things were headed in the right direction, and that guess they were and Zilly weren't because the ceasefire was again a real step in a positive direction and doesn't seem as if Iron is totally following through with what they were supposed to follow through with whenever they announced that they were, you know they were done. And we have I believe in the newscast there that you heard Trump getting set to take off for the Netherlands and he was getting ready to board a helicopter and was met by the press and expressed update on Israel and Iran, and here is here's the latest. This is from c Span. And again this was in the light within the last thirty minutes, I believe. But as for those who are just now waking up and getting their day started again, yesterday the day ended with some good news and I think some pleasantly surprising news as far as this being over, and then again until it wasn't, because now you have allegations that Iran attacked Israel after the deadline had passed, and it sounds as if Israel is prepared to respond to that. They're not just gonna let it slide. So here is President Trump as he was getting ready to h to assume take off to the Netherlands or at least you know, helicopters somewhere to then head that way.
Speaker 3: Violated. You agree?
Speaker 1: Do you need that a run for renage? Yeah? I do.
Speaker 3: They violated, But Israel violated it too. Israel as soon as we made the deal, they came out and they dropped a load of Bob's the likes of which I've never seen before, the biggest load that we've seen. I'm not happy with Israel. You know, when when I say, okay, now you have twelve hours, you don't go out in the first hour. It just drop everything you have on them. So I'm not happy with them. I'm not happy with Iron either. But I'm really unhappy if Israel's going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land, I'm not happy about that. You know what we have, We basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what they're doing. Do you understand that?
Speaker 1: So there you have it. I was I grabbed that from C Span and had to make sure and edit out the F bomb that you heard from from President Trump there because and I think that that that really probably tells you more than anything you actually said when it comes to just how he feels about how the two sides have have I guess, come to an agreement to have a peaceful exit of this war between the two until really neither side seems to follow through. But yeah, as you heard there, the real frustration from President Trump, it sounds like it's coming from the from the Israel side, as they you know, they said it was over and then they just kept attacking. And then he claims that maybe the the latest missile that that was sent towards Iran was by accident, and obviously Israel wants to respond and didn't sound as if President Trump was in agreement with their decision there. But here is again, here's just this last little clip here that I think fully lets you know how he feels about the situation that have been fighting so long.
Speaker 3: And so hard that they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Do you understand that?
Speaker 1: I understand? I do I understand, they don't know what the f they're doing. So again, I'm trying my best to keep up with this live because as we sit here at seven thirty nine am, I mean, it's been a it's been a developing thing throughout the morning, I mean really since since yesterday day. But this is in from This is in from Fox News that Trump tells Israel to bring your pilots home. And then again, as you just heard there in the clip that we're that we played for you, he was critical of both both sides for violating ceasefire. It's almost as if they they said they were they were, you know, it was it was coming to an end, but they didn't really mean it. And and and one of them, you know, all right, we're done, but we gotta fire that. We got to fire off a few more times and then we'll be done. Well then, you know, it's almost like you think of fight's over, and somebody then you know, as it's as it's, as it's winding down and things are calming, then somebody gets in one more jab because they want to get one more shot before it's over. Well, then the other side is not just going to take that lightly. So that's I guess that's probably not a great way to describe it, but that's the first thing that comes to mind for me. But Mike Tobin from Fox is in is in Israel, and here is the latest that the the uh Yes says the ceasefire right now is fragile at best. That's a quote from from Mike Tobin and as Israels. Yeah, Iran is accused of violating the agreement with a deadly missile strike just hours before it took effect. So again here here, Yeah, this is the update I was looking for. But that Mike Tobin reports from Israel that is the retaliate. Yeah, so Amitchial struck and killed a family of four. That is apparently what happened in Israel, and that has led to Iran claiming that they're they're not sorry. It struck fire in Israel, and that has led to vice versa. It struck place in Iran, and Israel now claims they're going to They're going to I guess strike back. So maybe this isn't over, and who knows, maybe in the next five minutes we have another update, but certainly a developing situation. Will keep you up to date as best we can right here on news RADIOA forty whas, so before we get to another sports update, which we were about nine minutes away from, and you'll get another update on traffic and weather on news radio forty whs. So that's coming your way. But to try to catch you up as best I can, I guess we can go back to yesterday where it looked as if we were going to get some peace in the Middle East as both agreed to cease fire, and then now it's finger pointing as far as who violated the ceasefire agreement, and you've got Iran claiming that it was Israel that was retaliating as suppose to something that Iran claims that they didn't do. And Donald Trump, just as he was getting on a helicopter within the last hour or so, he laid it out pretty quickly that he's disappointed with both sides. But it did certainly sound in fact, I'm pretty sure he said it directly in some form or fashion paraphrasing here, but his frustration certainly seems to be more so focused on Israel at this time. So again the truce appears to be unraveling, and that leads us to not really knowing sort of where this goes from here. Now, Trump go on to say that Iran will never rebuild their nuclear program just because of in fact, here's the quote. The place is under rock, that place is demolished. So again, the best way to describe it, at least from my perspective, is that nobody there's clearly these two are still at I mean, their enemies, let's be honest, even if they're even if this didn't happen as far as the ceasefire and the truce playing out effectively, which again it hasn't, it sounds like, but even if it did, there's it's not as if everybody's shaking hands, hugging and and you know, really hashing it out. So I guess because of that, I guess maybe the scenario of where it all just completely ends without some late last minute shots it was I guess, I mean, clearly didn't work out that way, and maybe maybe that should have been the expectation, considering you know, what it is that that we are dealing with. But again, uh this I'm going to play this sound for you guys once again, because this was Trump responding to again the the unraveling of the truce and and this thing, and yes day into the late evening, it even seemed as if okay, despite there being a deadline for both saying, hey, I doubt it was something that anybody wanted to happen, but maybe that's the way in which you were able to get the agreement. Hey, okay, you can fire more missiles that you have prepared and then will then we'll call it quits. Well, they seemingly crossed the line. Both did to an extent. It sounds like, at least that's what both sides are alleging. But President Trump certainly not not pleased with either side. But again, as you hear here, as you hear in this clip here, I should say not pleased with Israel's response. Certainly, yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: They violated it.
Speaker 3: But Israel violated it too. Israel, as soon as we made the deal, they came out and they dropped the load of bobs, the likes of which I've never seen before, the biggest load that we've seen. I'm not happy with Israel. You know, when I say, okay, now you have twelve hours, you don't go out in the first hour. It just drop everything you.
Speaker 1: Have on them.
Speaker 3: So I'm not happy with them. I'm not happy with Iran either, But I'm really unhappy if Israel's going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land, I'm not happy about that. You know what we have, We basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what they're doing. Do you understand that?
Speaker 1: So they've been fighting so long they don't know what the f they're doing, and that could that could mean a lot of things as far as not knowing what they're doing. But maybe that is maybe they're not on the same page, meaning internally, they don't know what they're doing, and somebody, you know, maybe somebody within Iran didn't agree that this thing was coming to an end and they decided to take matters into their own hands. I'm not saying that that's being alleged or anything, but Iran, I don't know. To me, if they in fact did strike, I would be shocked that they would be like, hey, what me, because that's what's happening here. They're denying that they actually did. Israel's wanted to respond, and Iran is claiming, we don't know what you're responding to, but clearly something happened, so what a mess, What a mess? It is? All right, We've got an update of traffick and weather coming your way, also an update on sports. In about four and a half minutes right here, our news RADIOA fort ewhas