Speaker 1: Yeah, rip dum.
Speaker 2: News need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come. Man Dix is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Okay.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I got Deputy Dmitri with me. What deputies are in the house today, Guys, tell me who's up? Because uh bow, Deputy Bow, meet Dimitri. He's he's new. I haven't gotten many cases yet, but we will. And we're gonna do a lot of stuff here, and I'm gonna have video up at the studio soon. I think Mark is texting me. Our number is three oh three Martino. As you see if you're watching a Ree three six two seven eight four sixty six live on YouTube, and here's the.
Speaker 6: Deal we are.
Speaker 5: Also we're also taking calls at three zero three seven, one to three talk seven to one, three eight two five five. We're going to go right to the phones and then a lot of a lot in the news today. But do you know that for some reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm really not sure why.
Speaker 6: Mark can can chime in if he's.
Speaker 7: There, he's just getting set up.
Speaker 6: Time, bo send me a lake.
Speaker 5: I will sir, I will bow. Here's the deal. Why do you think you're you're a businessman from a long time, Dimetri, you can chime in, Deputies. Why do you think that Colorado is one of the most expensive states to live right now? Never used to be. In fact, it used to be one of the most affordable. What do you think? What do you think the reason is it's all those conservatives.
Speaker 8: Well, everybody moving here in the real there's no housing, real estate markets through the singing, you can't build enough houses.
Speaker 6: Everybody's moving here for some reason.
Speaker 5: Mark, what do you think it's all those conservatives we've elected?
Speaker 6: Talk Dimitri, you go ahead.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 9: Oh, I think this huge influcts of newcomers.
Speaker 6: Well, what would that have to do?
Speaker 5: Oh you mean because okay, I've looked just at social programs, look at our hospitals overtaken by illegal immigrants. Okay, No, I see what you're saying. So all right, I don't see. So you they're putting a burden on the system, therefore making everything expensive.
Speaker 10: Look interested property taxes that were just hiked. Most people are paying fifty percent more on property taxes. That's amazing. I don't know of any other state that's ever happened in all Right, I get what you're saying. How much the tears go up? Honestly, have you looked?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was afraid too. It's massive, it's disgusting. No, I did look, and the moronic morons voted for it. Ah, God, it was terrible.
Speaker 9: Well, Denver Health announced I saw a new story this morning, Denver Health projet's one hundred and fifty million dollars budget shortfall.
Speaker 10: This and where where do you think that comes from? From all the people out there listening to vote for this crap? Where do you think that one hundred and fifty million shortfall actually comes from?
Speaker 9: Well, it's us ensured the patients.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry. I'm not saying what caused it. I'm saying who fills that gap?
Speaker 5: Us?
Speaker 9: Bingo?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's scary, there is no doubt about it. There is no doubt about it. But let's go to the phones. And like I said, you know people constantly asking why do you get political and how do you discuss consumer stuff like the economy and stuff without doing that. I mean, I mean, you got to talk about the state now versus the state before, and I think, like, I'm not see, I'm not blaming it. Well, I guess I am on liberals maybe in government, but I'm blaming mostly lopsided government because I don't believe, I truly don't believe lopsided government is not a good thing. That's truly what you have in countries, third world countries and countries like Venezuela, which is probably third world Russia. You have lopsided government. It's all to one sided. I want that guy like when one side tries to kill the other side. Okay, speaking of that, you see Hillary sick comment the other day.
Speaker 10: No, they basically said we have to I forget the exact words, but it was something like iranic aiding or something something like that.
Speaker 6: Ray, let's bring Ray. He wants to talk about Low's.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 5: Ray, I'm Tom Martine. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: What's going on, sir?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: My wife and I were searching for a windows for our home and we finally settled on.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to have Lows.
Speaker 12: Do the work. And they installed sixteen windows in our home and not a single one of them is even close.
Speaker 6: Low Lows doesn't install windows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, Ray, I need to ask you something. When did this all take place? You bought the windows?
Speaker 1: There nothing I half to go.
Speaker 5: So you bought replacement windows? You bought replacement windows at Lows?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay? And who did they? Did they set you up with an installer or did you how did that work?
Speaker 12: Okay? So we actually paid Lows for the windows and the installations. Okay, have a private contractor that they paid?
Speaker 5: They paid okay, Mark, then they based they are responsible for it.
Speaker 1: Right, we take them?
Speaker 10: I get no, I know, I know how Lows and Home Depot works. My point was they do not install windows. They hire people and it's the luck of a draw it whoever gets that bid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they they do have to take responsibility if they if they quarterback the whole thing. So what happened? You said not one window is correct? Is that right?
Speaker 12: It's yes, that is correct. It's if you saw you would You can't believe they actually called that done. The windows are crooked.
Speaker 1: They have Do you have the pictures of some of.
Speaker 6: The most egregious windows. Yeah, do you have pictures?
Speaker 5: Do you have pictures of the most ridiculous or conscious offenses and mistakes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, we have lots of pictures. Yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what do they say about it? Let's just start there.
Speaker 12: Well, okay, so the problem was obviously right there they left.
Speaker 1: We called Lows and we said we need to have.
Speaker 12: A meeting, and they had some of their management people come out and they totally agree with that when patted us on the back, and then basically they disappeared.
Speaker 5: And so what did they say though when they padded you on the back? Did they did they say here's some basoline? Or did they say we'll take care of it.
Speaker 12: Well, they said that they would take care of it, but then they referred us to their installation Services Group, which is which is the lowest part of the installation. The company that actually did the installation was called Premier Services Group.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 12: You know, they kind of him and they hun and they keep calling giving us updates and now they have finally scheduled someone to come back and look at the windows and figure out what they need to.
Speaker 1: Do to repair it.
Speaker 12: But our issue is we really don't want those people to touch our windows again. We want to hire someone else that we hopefully can trust and get rid of those completely. And we're not sure how to proceed with that because we're pretty sure we're required to at least give them a chance to fix it as bad as it is, and we're lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, of course you should. Of course you should give them a chance. Are they willing to at least try to fix it?
Speaker 12: They say they are.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm going to tell you something, Ray.
Speaker 5: I know that the tendency is to say it's so bad the first time, they can't do it right the second time. But you have to do that one step and then okay, and then we will get involved. But if we call now and raise hell, what will happen? They're going to say, well, we'll fix it. Then what do we say, No, you can't, you can. It's almost never now. One of the few times would be like, for example, we had a guy years ago that said that was inappropriate with a wife of the homeowner, I mean literally inappropriate and said she was drooling over him and like a dog on a bone. It was terrible, it was, and that was totally dangerous and inappropriate.
Speaker 6: But they have you have mark.
Speaker 5: Can you think of any times when people should not be given a chance in the past other than that, of course not.
Speaker 10: I mean if someone comes in and you know, rapes your dog or they steal, they steal, so yeah, that would be a good one.
Speaker 5: Ray When when did they say they'll start trying to fix it.
Speaker 12: Well, they're going to come back out on the thirtieth and look and make an assessment of all the problems that the windows have and then give us a responses to what they're going to say, and will you call us back?
Speaker 5: I'm going to mark this hold on. I'm going to mark this pending here. Let's would you call me back no matter what and just let us know. Sure, all right, when are they coming back? I'm going to make a note the thirtieth thirty.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So I'm making a note.
Speaker 5: So I made a note, okay, and then you're going to, uh, you're going to let us know because truly, they have to have a plan. If you want an expert on your side at that time, I don't know if you should have someone there to be with you. If you do, you might want to hire one of our people on the referral list. When I say higher. I don't want to assume they're going to do it free. Have them come out and talk to the guys, or have them come out and inspect beforehand and get a list of what would be needed to fix it. So then when they propose what they're going to do, you know if it's correct or not. I got to take this break. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five The best water Sayson's the lowest prices. You will never get this deal. Well I shouldn't say you'll never get this again. You'll never get it from anyone else. But Paul the waterman opened it up for the holidays. Whole house water softening, take all of the minerals, and it's the stuff out for your laundry, your pipes, your skin, then drinking water at the kitchen, saying triple filter, reverse osmosis.
Speaker 6: He would do these.
Speaker 5: Under five grand, but now they're thirty one ninety five for both, thirty one ninety five for both. Now plumbers would start at fifteen grand for these systems. Waterpros dot net thirty one ninety five, three oh three eight six two five five five.
Speaker 6: Four Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 5: Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: So don't forget that.
Speaker 5: We love people who are proactive. And I think you should call eight eight eight Heating dot com if you're concerned about your furnace going into winter or your AC and uh any part of that. And they do high efficiency electric hybrid hybrid systems if you're going to do like like with probit Energy dot com or redrocksars dot com if you're gonna do solar, you can have everything switched over to electric with these hybrid systems.
Speaker 6: Eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hey Jim has a question about Ford amphath amphitheater not for the car company, but Gerald Ford, I believe.
Speaker 6: The Amphitheater and veil. I've been there many times. Great venue.
Speaker 5: What's going on, Jim?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just I'm gonna went to the theater for the first time here in Arthur the Springs from the Pentatonics on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, there's a Ford, the Amphitheater north of the Springs and.
Speaker 14: There's a brand new amphitheater down in the Springs stand.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: I thought he was talking about the gerald Ford one he's talking about. Is this the Ford Motor Company or what?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 13: I'm not I'm not sure. I'm assuming it is. They have a Ford like auto company. Okay, so that's.
Speaker 16: Gotta be it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, Yeah, it just opened up and we went up there. Uh, had a great time. It's a little bit like Fiddler's Green, you know, outside of a lawn portion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 13: My question is a but investment options that they are just blanketing to town with. It's in the big billboards and shine.
Speaker 6: I've looked at that perspectives. I'm not big on it it. Now, what is that mark?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: You actually? If it's the same one I looked at.
Speaker 10: You buy like a booth if you will, or a private seating area that you can actually rent out. And you have other options too, and there's differents to invest in it.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 6: I see we.
Speaker 13: Tickets for white it's owners club investment and you know, promises you access to suite tickets and you nine percent return on your investment and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: Instead of instead of calling them and getting a salesperson, I figured I'd call you guys and see if anybody at anything.
Speaker 5: I've never I have not looked into it. I have not looked at the perspectives.
Speaker 10: But to it, I looked into it pretty hard. And part of that was looking into other people that tried that exact same thing, and I just I just didn't like it. I'm not saying it's not a good investment, but but I'm saying personally, for me, I did not like it. At the end of taking a medium dive into it, how much.
Speaker 6: Are they do we know?
Speaker 1: I did you find out? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I want to say around.
Speaker 5: I want to say there might have been ones a little less, but I want to say right around one hundred, one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Wow, I don't think. Yeah, I mean you got you got a.
Speaker 5: Long time to take you.
Speaker 10: You justically get your own little area, the owner's club. None of that means anything to me. You still got to buy drinks, for example. It's not like uh, I don't know, it's not like a comped area. And then you've got to rent them out if you start really digging it to different venues they have purely because the size of them. They're not going to be bringing anybody that's that large. I think they will bring a good rate of like comedians.
Speaker 5: And so they cage the elephant, the cage the elephant, bear naked Lady, Steve Miller bands, easy Top, Leonard Skinner's good stuffy foreigner, kind of little.
Speaker 6: It's kind of pretty dated stuff. Foreigner. Yeah, right, it is.
Speaker 13: What they say, how many eighty oh eight?
Speaker 6: Of course eight, it wouldn't be eighty. Hey, here's the thing. What do they do?
Speaker 5: Like for example, they at the Pepsi Center and stuff. There are companies that own suites that do they own them or are they a lease?
Speaker 6: How does that work well?
Speaker 9: With uh?
Speaker 10: With raiders? You can each year you buy It's kind of like the broncos. You get it right first to buy the suite or to buy the loose seating or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: But you're really leasing it because you don't own it.
Speaker 6: No, you don't know at all.
Speaker 5: It's not like they're deeded to you. So is this you own it or is it a lease?
Speaker 1: You don't know?
Speaker 6: It's no, you don't know it. Of course you can't take a second.
Speaker 5: Out of all.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I'm not sure. Yeah, okay, sweet tickets for Life Owners Club. I didn't really want to call him before I had kind of a hit.
Speaker 6: That's the work. I'll tell you.
Speaker 10: The company, hold on, I own some Give me five seconds here, keep talking, ton, But I bought some stock in the company that does that.
Speaker 5: You mean the company that actually.
Speaker 10: The company doesn't end up owning that one most likely, And.
Speaker 5: By the way, that is the Ford Motor Company. The one I was referring to Ford Amphitheater is the Gerald Ford Amphitheater. And Veil really nice venue. And Dimitri, would you buy something like that?
Speaker 9: No, I don't understand that investment. That doesn't interest me.
Speaker 5: It doesn't it's not really an investment. I think is more of a purchase of love. Just like with the Broncos. That's not an investment. I mean, it really isn't. I mean, these are things.
Speaker 10: Look up for this guy. Look up vine vin e. It's called Fresh Vine Wine, Inc. Is the company name. But they're most likely going to be part of that deal at some point, if they're not already.
Speaker 6: That's kind of what they do.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 5: But listen, man, you know, tell me, are you thinking an investment for money or are you just you just love concerts?
Speaker 6: What was your bottom line?
Speaker 13: You love concerts? But according to what they've got here, that's his owner's club annual targeted total return targeted targeted. Yeah, listen, that means what they want now, what you're gonna get, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Targeted means that's what they're projecting. Yeah, And and really, you know, I don't look. Look, if you're doing it just for investment, I definitely wouldn't do it. If you're doing it just for entertainment, I wouldn't do it. But if you're doing for a combination and it proves true, maybe, but god, it's just such I just I'm a real I'm real skeptical about those kinds of venues. I mean, anything like the epidemic would have wiped you out for the year.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, it's just listen to this a letter of intent. So in December twenty three, fresh Vine Wine signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Notes Live. That's who he's That's that's who's having the offering right now, a live entertainment company based in Colorado Springs. Fresh Vine agreed to make a five hundred thousand equity investment in Notes Live. But this this investment may be refundable. There's all. It's a very strange IPO. The whole thing's just convoluted in my opinion.
Speaker 5: All right, Mark, thanks listen, Jim, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 6: By the way, do we.
Speaker 5: Have discount bath in the house today?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we DRIs.
Speaker 5: You know they do a really good job. I want to talk to them coming back three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five and Frank Dran the real estate man. If you're curious about the market, because I'm telling you it's confusing. You know, some people say it's great, some people is not. And he'll give you a pulse on the market and what your house will sell for how long it'll take, and he'll base it on your neighborhood, the comps and everything, and it's free. It's complementary from a real professional. This guy's great three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. No obligation, free assessment. That's three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty three. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to get my call screener up here and go to the phones. Find out what's on your mind today. I want to talk to discount bath shower conversions. Those are the rage? Why why Chris? I know I have a couple of great people, you and someone else that do these Why why are they such the rage?
Speaker 18: You know, bathtubs are pretty obsolete, the dogs and the little kids are in them. Then most people shower, and it's also and also they're ugly.
Speaker 5: The shobs I call them, you know, shub shower tub. But I think if you want to have a tub, most homes are going with a beautiful shower and then a standalone tub. If you're going to have a tub.
Speaker 18: Absolutely in the main bathroom, that that's what's going on. Or we're doing really large showers with the tub inside like a wet room.
Speaker 6: Just to plot, there.
Speaker 5: Are actually large enough showers that have a tub inside, like a like a turtle turtle feet tub.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a slipper tub or a free.
Speaker 9: Standing tub something along, very cool.
Speaker 18: And then you put glass across and the whole the whole thing's a giant shower pan.
Speaker 6: So it's a wet room.
Speaker 9: It's a wet room.
Speaker 6: Okay. Cool.
Speaker 5: Now let's talk about conversions. Why are those so big? I surmise it's because we have a very giant segment of the population aging baby boomers and just under baby boomers now, and I think they don't like stepping over those things.
Speaker 6: They're slippery, they're dangerous, they really are.
Speaker 5: These these shoves are the suck and they're not a good tub.
Speaker 6: They're not a good shower.
Speaker 5: Okay, and I think this big rectangle shower. You can have those low or no thresholds. You can do them with outdoors if you want, if you go around a corner, some of them do them with outdoors. You can do them with uh, with perimeter drains, even if you wanted to all of that stuff.
Speaker 18: Right, Yeah, absolutely, I mean, and you're you're correct. It's it's a safety issue for a lot of folk.
Speaker 5: And there's you know, and I just want to say this because I think, oh my god, Mark will tell you some of the stories. But these uh you know, I almost beat somebody up in the studio. I was, I was so pissed off. But these walk in tubs. Yeah, these walk in tubs, I'm just gonna say this right now. They're a ripoff.
Speaker 18: They're they're very expensive and you sit in them while they fill and while they drain.
Speaker 6: Right, how inconvenient is that?
Speaker 5: So you go in, you sit down, if you can go in and sit down, most of them, I swear to god, most of them have a doorway made for the ass of a twelve year old boy. I mean, you can't get in there. And Mark, do you remember? Literally you measured?
Speaker 6: Tell the story?
Speaker 5: Come on? Is he there? I want? Okay, here's what happened George Bentley Bentley Bath, he goes and bent I can't stand the man. The man is a piece of garbage in my opinion.
Speaker 6: And and does he do the job?
Speaker 5: Yes? Does he rip people off? No? He just I just don't like him. I don't like the concept. I don't like Oh my god, they're so expensive. All of these are these walking bass are sixteen eighteen grand aren't they?
Speaker 6: Aren't they? Chris? And maybe I should have just maybe you do them upon request? I don't know. And I know a lot of.
Speaker 5: Good people that do them upon request, but.
Speaker 18: They don't went in. But we're really going to try to talk folks out of it. You have to have a preser.
Speaker 5: So how much how much in the marketplace do they did they go for when they're fully installed by one of these walking tub companies?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're in the twenties, maybe even on those Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, Now here's how do they get this Bentley. Guy, how did he get Medicare to pay for it?
Speaker 9: You know, I don't know. We have never done that, and I'm there's just not going to go down that road.
Speaker 5: So he kept saying, oh, you know Medicare paid for No.
Speaker 6: No, here's what he said.
Speaker 5: Medicare prescribed it or authorized it. Oh, that's a bunch of ble. This woman called Bentley. Bentley went out. Then Bentley did his thing and then submitted it to Medicare as medical necessity or she had a doctor or something, and as it turns out, they had it put in and then Mark went out there to investigate because she called to complain. Oh my god, So Mark, I don't know how he did it, but kind of measured the doorway and measured the woman her ass.
Speaker 6: Her thank you for the decorum.
Speaker 5: Marcus always won for putting things succinctly, and so her ass. So anyway he measured, and then I Mark, it was laughable.
Speaker 6: She couldn't get through it.
Speaker 10: She literally couldn't fit in through the door no matter which way she turned, it didn't matter. She had one of these recliners that she lived in that was at least two and a half times. It was like size of a love seat. It's a big person's recliner. And this guy the audacity, not even one of his employees, but to meet her in that house face to face and sell her something she couldn't even get into.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable and then said medicare prescribed it. And you see that's terrible, terrible. Anyway, I don't even know Bentley Bath is still around. The guy was kind of old before I was old, so and now I'm old, So is he still around? That's the thing back that he's way up there. He's probably he's got to be able to still there. Bentley Baths is still there. Bentley Baths and he's not the only bad guy. And I don't listen, was that listen? I want to say this, and I got to be clear. He doesn't rip people off. Okay, he does the job, and he actually does a good job. Okay, And and but okay, and so he's one of many that sell these that are terrible.
Speaker 6: Okay, they're terrible.
Speaker 5: They're terrible for older people, they're terrible, they're inconvenient. And yeah, he's still on here, still looking good.
Speaker 18: So it's one of those key miles the companies make money on.
Speaker 5: So they push it.
Speaker 6: That's really what's going on. If they make money, My God and heaven.
Speaker 5: Mark and I looked into the business and and what did we find. Mark?
Speaker 6: You buy the damn things for three to four.
Speaker 5: Grand and then install them. Yep, you got to hire a plumber and you're about done. Electrician, you know, yeah, electric I mean so, but really, Chris all In, these guys, even with even with a handsome profit, all in would be eight grand or nine grand, yeah, roughly, yep. And and they're charging into the twenties.
Speaker 18: Well yeah, into the high twenties honestly, uh, you know, twenty six plus, and it depends.
Speaker 9: There's bails and whistles, but they're all it's all garbage.
Speaker 10: Every retired guy from TV, along with reverse mortgages, sells these things on late night. I mean it's this isn't a new thing. They've been doing this forever.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I should give a disclaimer too. When I had Martino TV, you know, they booked him as a guest and I looked into him, and he had a product and he did it and I knew nothing about the product except what it was.
Speaker 6: And I thought, okay, cool.
Speaker 10: You know you told him live on air. I was on my show right here in front of me.
Speaker 6: I know I kicked him off the show.
Speaker 10: If that was your mom, you would jump over and kick his ass.
Speaker 5: And you can find that on your Facebook.
Speaker 6: It's terrible. It was terrible.
Speaker 19: What would it be like ifity to have a Bentley bath, the highest quality walk in tub in the market, professionally installed by a local company, and save one, two, maybe even three thousand.
Speaker 9: Dollars off national competitors' prices.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. So anyway, okay, but he's not the only one. When you see walk in bath walk the other way. I'm telling you that straight up. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Marks you know here three all three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: I think I'm getting this, man.
Speaker 5: I think our YouTube is improving because of me. Let's do another you may have sound a new career. I think I'm doing better. Oh, I gotta I'm adjusting this thing. I wonder what justice so it's better? Uh yeah, because I think Mark has Suzanne hidden and then okay there, I think this is a little better and a little better. Let me lock that up. Okay, there we go three zero three seven to one three Talk seven one three eight two five five studios on. I want my YouTubers to tell me what they think of the shop Mark framed that. I didn't frame it. I'm just putting it on. So I'm adjusting it. There. Now, give me a call if you have a problem, question or complain. But I got a lot to talk about today, really a lot to talk about. And one of the things I want to ask you, and I really mean this, do.
Speaker 11: You believe.
Speaker 5: That the Secret Service would be more is more attentive to Democrats than Republicans or is it Trump? Do you think that they just don't care. And I mean that there are people who are literally saying that they don't care. And I don't know if I would go that far. Would you ever go that far to say they don't care? Yes?
Speaker 10: Really not the people really, not according to Trump and he's the one I trust on this, not according to the ground people around him, but the hierarchy.
Speaker 5: Now did you hear you know they say that the TV show Succession was based on who grouper no idea. Murdoch and his family, the media king with a conservative media kingdom, and he had the kids, and they say it was loosely based on Murdoch and his media empire and his children. And now there's a big fight going on in the family. He wants to he wants to adjust his trust and cut some kids out. Did you know that?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with that? And do you know why he wants to do that?
Speaker 5: Because and he's ninety three year old, he's a billionaire. And the judge said that the proceedings would be private, but the major news organizations represented by him wanted it and liberal news organizations wanted it to be public.
Speaker 6: But here's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: He wants to change everything over to one son, because that son remains conservative and the others are now identifying as liberals.
Speaker 6: So who cares.
Speaker 10: He can do whatever he wants with his own money. I don't understand what you While they say no.
Speaker 5: They say it's a trust, I think it's irrevocable. I think, well, that's different, and it's I think. But in any case, that's a big fight going on because he doesn't like their politics. And you're saying, there's nothing wrong with that. If you're going to leave your kids, you don't have to be fair. You can leave them according to to.
Speaker 6: Whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, I guess. I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: There was also a survey done four the rudest cities, and I know what you're gonna say. The rudest city is New York City. No, it isn't.
Speaker 6: It actually isn't.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. You will be shocked. The rudest city Miami, Florida.
Speaker 6: That's not shocking.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia's second brotherly love that far, that is not shocking at all. Now I've been Yeah, that's what I said. And number three, Number three is Tampa. These are the rudest cities. Number four.
Speaker 6: Is Louisville. Kentucky. I thought, you know, there were supposed to be nice people or something.
Speaker 5: Number five I'm looking on the map here because it's oh Oakland, California. And by the way, so now we're getting less angry, right, So so just because the rudest was Miami, Okay, so five Oakland. Six is Boston. Boston to me would be number one. Boston is the rudest city I've ever been in Memphis, Tennessee. Now that shocks me to be number seven. Number eight is Las Vegas. Do you find Vegas to be rude? I guess. And then the Long Long Beach, well, Long Beach, California's number nine.
Speaker 6: So anyway, those are the.
Speaker 5: Rudest cities in America either rudest the rude index. Now, what about the nicest cities?
Speaker 6: What do you think it would be the best Salt Lake city? Yeah, I'd say salt Lake. Salt Lake does that. That's not even in the top.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your cup Bridge at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped.
Speaker 20: You need that.
Speaker 6: So you don't have torn anxious.
Speaker 2: As fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Toohn Martine, Welcome.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here too.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, sir, No, it's okay, go ahead, go after you.
Speaker 5: I'd rather than mark after you, sir, after me UK for beauty. Hey hey, hey, hey hey. Anyway, during the studio we got video the YouTube mora on I wanted to weigh in on it, and uh, I think that I finally got this knocked here. So I'm gonna switch over to the studio right now.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 5: So anyway three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What we're gonna do is uh solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. We have Chris with us from Discount Bath dot com. We have our deputies in the house. We have a deputy dock deputy. But wait, where's Bo did he leave?
Speaker 7: He's working on a case on the phone town.
Speaker 6: Okay, then we have suans over there and we got Chris with Discount Bath and.
Speaker 5: Get your calls because usually what they do is they crowded toward the end and didn't We have some follow ups from yesterday that we were going to get on today. I thought we were gonna get someone on with an attorney or we may have done that.
Speaker 6: She's working on that. The attorney is. We'll know when we get an update. Is that the woman with the car deal? Yeah? Yeah, the daughter of the girlfriend?
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, exactly. We're getting a lot of these lately, these card deals.
Speaker 6: Let me explain something.
Speaker 5: When you're eighteen, and I hope I have eighteen year olds listening, but I do know I have parents listening and relatives.
Speaker 6: And when you're eighteen, you're still stupid.
Speaker 5: As Kamila would say. Kamala Harris said.
Speaker 6: You know, eighteen to twenty four they're stupid.
Speaker 5: I don't. But when you're eighteen, you're still a kid. But man, your signature means everything. So it's a problem. It really is a problem. When you sign your name, you bought something. So what we did was we basically had a guy called for his eighteen year old his girlfriend's eighteen year old daughter, and she just made a mistake. And you have to know when you sign your name, that's a pretty damn good indication.
Speaker 6: That you got a contract.
Speaker 5: She went to Econnell Auto Sales and bought a twenty twelve Nissan Altima one hundred and thirty three thousand, paid twelve grand, fifteen hundred down. Now I'm telling you that overpaying is not illegal. And however, if you advertise and charge more and the person is at risk or possibly you're taking advantage of someone, that could be something. But it's very difficult, very difficult to undo those deals unless the dealer wants to. So you got to keep that in mind. Three oh three seven one three eight two.
Speaker 15: Hey, Tom, you think they ought to change it to twenty one for the agent majority instead of eighteen.
Speaker 5: No, that's not a bad I mean, look at I think I think eighteen is too young.
Speaker 10: I do not too young to pick up a rifle and get shipped off to Afghanistanghstan.
Speaker 5: It is. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 20: I just.
Speaker 5: Either that or we have to do a really better job. And here's the problem. When kids are fourteen, they're freaking babies, right even fifteen, and then in three short years from fifteen to eighteen, they become adults. School certainly doesn't equip them. School does nothing for them to make them adults. Nothing in academics, they don't learn anything. They don't learn about life.
Speaker 17: Tom.
Speaker 15: I mean, if I quiz, what's your favorite life is its own teacher?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, of course it is, meaning the mistakes are gonna are gonna come, and they will be their own teacher.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I mean absolutely.
Speaker 10: By the way, I just the average age of enlisted accessions is nineteen.
Speaker 6: The Marine Corps vatine.
Speaker 5: Really wow, I just think that what we should do.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, I can't imagine telling a marine, hey, you can go fight here, but you're not allowed to buy a car.
Speaker 5: No, obviously, obviously, you're right. I think that that's correct.
Speaker 10: How about if we get rid of the teachers' unions and actually have schools to teach kids normal stuff about buying a car, about warranties, that they shouldn't purchase about signing a lease on your apartment when turned how about we teach kids in school real things instead of how to I don't know, like a sew or whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I think that the educational system we don't have to take away from it.
Speaker 6: We can just add to it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not going to fight with them on what they're teaching and say do this instead of this. But there should be a life's course, a true life course mandatory. By the way, there should be a life's course.
Speaker 10: Most of these, most of these teachers that are in the Teachers' Union, what they do is they push this agenda where you finish high school, then you do whatever in college, get whatever degree. They don't talk about trade schools, They don't talk about anything else but.
Speaker 6: The path they took. They took, that's true. And here's the deal.
Speaker 5: What happens is they they don't teach about life, think about every aspect of life from the time from Monday through Friday. Okay, they don't know what insurance does. They don't know about the stock market, they don't know about banking, they don't know about checkbooks, they don't know about contracts.
Speaker 6: They don't know about.
Speaker 5: Anything, I mean really anything. Now should parents teach all this? They don't a lot of parents don't know all this stuff. So how can we expect kids to know all this? Right? And and yet they get themselves into big trouble?
Speaker 6: How many people.
Speaker 5: Call this show that don't know anything about life but they find out when they make mistakes?
Speaker 10: How many people or they they think they know something? And I'll give you an example. We've heard on the show a million times. I bought this car and I bought a used car and I don't want it, and I have three days to return it.
Speaker 5: It's like, Mark, you read, you read, you read my mind. That's what you call the myths of life.
Speaker 10: But they instead of like actually like I want to grab them and go who told you that?
Speaker 5: Why do you even think that? Where did that come from? I'm from.
Speaker 15: Well, they heard about three day rescinding rule and they think it applies to everything.
Speaker 5: Everything. That's exactly right. Hey, what's wrong with his mic? By the way, Shannon, other than he's on it, it's a bad mic.
Speaker 7: It's just all we got it thanks to iHeart.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I want to explain something about about about this or these myths. Mark mentioned the three day right to resin. Do you know how many myths there aren't? There's way more than that. There's way more than that. How many people call this show? How many people have called this show? And you've heard this phrase. Listen carefully. We were negotiating a deal. It could be any deal. It could be a car, it can be a house, it can be landscaping, can be whatever, not anything right, And they say this, and I made it clear that have you heard that one? I made it clear that I call it the I made it clear that clause. What does that mean? They think, because they I made it clear that this car was going to be used for a long trip. Or I made it clear that I wanted a car that was dependable, or I made it clear that I wanted this kind of insurance.
Speaker 6: I made it clear that.
Speaker 5: Well, you may have thought you made it clear, but then they present you with a contract, and no matter what you say about making something clear, if it's not in the contract, it's not gonna be clear. Now that's not even fraud in the inducement. Fraud in the inducement would be say, I made it clear I wanted this car to have air conditioning or whatever. Now, if you did make it clear and they said to you this car has air conditioning and it doesn't, that's fraud if you can prove the statement. But some contracts go one step further and say if something was promised to you outside of this contract, it's null and void.
Speaker 10: Well, most car deals come down to the WEOU statement. If it's not on there, I don't care if they promised you a gold brick in the glovebox. If it's not on the WEO, it's not part of the deal. Mike has a comment. Go ahead, Mike, what is your comment?
Speaker 1: Hey, Tom, I agree with you. I think if.
Speaker 6: The US wanted to change.
Speaker 11: The way this country is moving forward, you would either require a life lessons class or at the very least financial literacy, and also start offering the trades in school. Oh, but that'll never happen because school are run by people with college degrees who think a college degree is necessary.
Speaker 6: And it's not.
Speaker 10: I like how we agreed with you, but I made every one of those statements. That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Oh, Mark, you're a Mark, such a baby.
Speaker 15: Well, you know it's a Tom Martine show.
Speaker 10: Well, but Tom and I have argued about, you know, different things when it comes to education for ten years.
Speaker 6: So I mean we we pretty much agree what education should be.
Speaker 5: Mark. We don't disagree on that, Yeah, I guess for the most part. No, I mean we, I think we totally agree. I mean, you might think there's some things that shouldn't be taught. I just don't get into the weeds there. But and you might be technically correct, but on what should be taught as far as life, we agree on that.
Speaker 10: As far as life lessons, it's crazy that they don't do anything like that, to Mike's point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, So we have more coming up on the Trail Shooter Show three oh three, seven one to three talks seven one to three.
Speaker 10: Wait wait, wait quick, Mike, do you have a college degree?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, I'm curious I don't either. I'm curious how many people actually use their degree out there. I think Tom, you kind of loosely. I don't know if you use yours or not. I think you got started. Didn't you get a degree in jebnalism?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Not yeah, well kind of journalism, but not really. It was more liberal arts. And really I don't use anything. Yeah, okay, Yeah, I took journalism. I even took some broadcasting courses. I took some law courses. But I did so much crazy stuff and I discontinued my education and went back. And then I was working at the newspaper going part time. So mine was totally non conventional. But no, I don't really use it. I really don't, Okay. And here's what I think. I think college in some ways is a halfway house because kids learn how to live on their own, or they should. Yeah, that's rue if you if you do it the right way, and it becomes a halfway house. And the social aspect of getting along people outside of your parents' house and then also navigating, Uh, that's a good thing. Anyway. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a.
Speaker 5: Cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina, you're troubleshooter three three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's continue our festivities today, solving problems, answer question, taking place, making your life a little easier. Ashley, what's going on? This is a follow up Stevenson Toyota.
Speaker 6: Now kind of like it's pretty much on a rand new call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I get that, Sure, she go before, But Ashley, I want you to repeat that for me.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 3: Certainly, I have dropped my car off at Stevenson's Toyota to have repairs. Since my vehicle theyve been servicing it for many, many many years because I've lived in Golden at one time, and now I took it back to them and they want a thousand dollars deposit because it's been sitting for at the DA for since.
Speaker 10: May Now wait a minute, wait a minute, I'm sorry. I do remember this call perfectly, and I did take this call time. You didn't Stevenson. Basically, she drove her car away. If I recall the wheel fell off or something along those lines. That's one aspect to the story. The other one is listen.
Speaker 5: When she picked it up it fell off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but hold on, don't want I don't want you to get into the weeds on that. Then we'll let her correct whatever I'm saying that's wrong. So the second part is the crazy part. She was going to buy a new plug in hybrid. You get a rebate, as you.
Speaker 5: Know, through the state of Colorado, and I guess the federal government. The problem is she wouldn't qualify for the rebate because she makes too much money.
Speaker 6: So therefore she decided, I.
Speaker 5: Do not want to buy this new car.
Speaker 6: Instead, just fix my other car.
Speaker 10: I don't think Stevenson had anything to do with the wheel falling off, but she wanted to get it fixed since she didn't qualify for the rebate. Stevenson then said, that's fine, we'll fix it, but we want one thousand dollars down on the repair before we start. Is that basically it in a nutshell?
Speaker 6: Yes, correct, there you go. That was so safe.
Speaker 5: But when they one thousand dollars because she's going to buy a car, not because her car was sitting.
Speaker 10: No, they want a thousand dollars down before they start fixing her car, right or or okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So Ashley, you said they want a thousand dollars down because your car was sitting there, as if they were charging you for storage or something.
Speaker 3: Right and since I believe, but that's.
Speaker 6: Not what they're doing.
Speaker 5: That thousand dollars is toward the repair of your car, right, yeah, Well, what's wrong with what's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: I dealership?
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard of ever ever that charges you up front for a repair?
Speaker 6: I've never heard of anything like it.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is, okay, okay, I get that. But if they want to because they suspect she's not reliable, what would be wrong with that?
Speaker 10: I would take my car somewhere else. I'm Nikis and Sam Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, are they preventing her from taking her car somewhere else?
Speaker 6: I don't believe so. And I told her to take it over to Sheridan.
Speaker 10: She'll save money as well and won't have to pay out front exactly.
Speaker 5: So, Ashley, I think the issue here. I'll let you talk. I know you're you're dying to talk. But the issue here is this, do you want to pay a thousand dollars down or not? And if not, take it somewhere else.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, No, I have the money in the bank.
Speaker 3: It's a principal issue.
Speaker 21: It's not I get it, then take it somewhere else.
Speaker 12: I would I think I should think.
Speaker 3: I got a text, so I think somewhere from your show talked to Stevenson's because late that afternoon I got a text message from them explaining and I could for forward that to your stating that that I own for uh looking at the car, and that bill wasn't paid. I never received the bill for that.
Speaker 5: And I think, did you say anything when you dropped your car off?
Speaker 6: No, it was towed in if the wheel fell off, right, Yeah, if it was towed in. Let me make this clear.
Speaker 5: If it was towed in under the Auto Repair Act, they do not have to give you a written estimate.
Speaker 6: No, No, up to up to a certain dollar amount. No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: If it's towed in, it's outside of the Auto Repair Act.
Speaker 6: I'm looking it up.
Speaker 14: Hey, Tom, you go ahead and do I'm looking at the text from Stevenson Toyota yes to Ashley. It says a toposit is sometimes asked before work is done. We had the car since May. I think that's the only reason the manager asked. There was a diagnostics on that ticket, and we had to internal that bill. Yes, it was only for an hour, but it should have been paid even if you were not picking up the vehicle blocks.
Speaker 5: They are and they are entitled to charge for diagnostics. Now, Mark's point was they had to give her a written estimate because that's the Auto Repair Act. The Auto Repair Act excludes excludes two things, a car being towed in and a car being left after business hours.
Speaker 10: So I guess I'm trying to truly understand what you're saying. If I have my vehicle towed to share it an auto tech, he can spend twenty thousand dollars in I owe it.
Speaker 5: Now, Mark, you know you always go to the extreme. I'm Here's what I'm telling you. Here is what I'm telling you. According to the Auto Repair Act, this is all I'm saying is they do not require that you be given a written estimate when a car is towed there and dropped off.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Now, would any car dealer in their right mind spend twenty grand. Well, I don't know if they would or not, but they but they don't have to give.
Speaker 6: You a written estimate.
Speaker 5: Therefore, when a consumer does that, they take a risk. Now you can have your car dropped off and show up with the car and tell them I want a written estimate. Then you have a different story. Or you can and also drop your car off overnight and show up in the morning when they open up. But otherwise you're excluded from the Auto Repair Act. That's all I'm saying, Okay, and you will find that is a fact. I'm looking at it right here. Vehicle is towed.
Speaker 10: These are the exceptions for consent for repairs under the Act, and the last one is vehicle is towed in or left before or after business hours, in which case no more than one hundred dollars worth of parts in labor combined is allowed without owner consent.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is that is if they bring the car in and leave it there. But if it's towed in. I do not believe there is a limit. It's okay, then why do they make an exception? Mark?
Speaker 10: So what does that mean? That means that if you bring it in. It's basically this written consent and estimate. No repairs can be made to a vehicle without the written consent of the owner, which includes an estimate of repairs. Then it goes on to say the estimate must include total completion date blah blah blah. Then it goes into exceptions. One customer signs a waiver to an estimate. Two estimate is after dissembly necessary to determine a problem like an engine.
Speaker 6: Three estimate is for additional charges.
Speaker 5: Or four vehicle is towed in or left before or after business hours, in which case no more than one hundred dollars worth of parts and labor combined is allowed without owner consent. Okay, then that was amended because that was an exception when you left it off.
Speaker 6: And let me tell you why they did that.
Speaker 5: They did that because people were dropping cars off and never calling back the dealer. So that must have been amended because certainly they can't just drop a car off and leave it there for a long time. You can be also charged storage, but if the bottom line is this, they can't charge you more than that. So how much are they going to charge you for the diagnostic If that's the case, how much, Ashley, Oh, how much do they want to charge you for the diagnostic? And how much are they asking it?
Speaker 3: I never received a bill.
Speaker 5: By the way, it's one hundred dollars plus what ten?
Speaker 3: I don't have a clue, souse, I never got a bill.
Speaker 5: Well, ask them, did you get your car yet? Go over to get your car and ask them what you owe for the diagnostic.
Speaker 3: I can't drive it because the wheel fell off, and he said, the actions damning.
Speaker 6: Okay, then get.
Speaker 5: Your car toad out of there. I guess I don't even know what you're asking. If you can't drive it and you don't want to pay money down and they're requiring that, tell me what you want, because we're telling you to take it somewhere else. In order to take it somewhere else, you have to pick it up. If you can't drive it, you're going to have.
Speaker 6: To have it toad. So now you have some choices.
Speaker 5: Have your car toad to somewhere else, have them it and put one thousand dollars down or what?
Speaker 6: What else? What are you asking?
Speaker 5: We're giving you the alternatives there are. There's no magic.
Speaker 3: Oh, I appreciate the alternatives.
Speaker 12: I've never called.
Speaker 5: Before, no no, I get it, Ashley. But what I'm saying is this, You were upset that they were asking for one thousand. I would be upset to I would be upset too. But I think the reason they're doing that is they don't trust you. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 12: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I've been dealing with them for years.
Speaker 6: I don't get it either. Yeah, I can hear you.
Speaker 1: BO.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, all right, Ashley, have a suggestion. It sounds like you want to leave it there. I know the customer service manager over there. Why don't I give a call this afternoon and see if they can get your car fixed.
Speaker 6: Leave it there where you don't have to pay the thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, and then tell me what happens. BO if for some reason she doesn't pay that she doesn't pay the bill after.
Speaker 6: I think there's something more to this story.
Speaker 8: Because I know Stevenson, I've never to them charging money up front.
Speaker 6: I would like, okay, BO call them BO, call him.
Speaker 5: Right now and ask him why they want a thousand dollars up front and go call them. Let's find out instead of speculating, Let's find out why they're treating Ashley this way.
Speaker 6: Who's been a customer.
Speaker 10: The other reason they might be treating her this way, and I don't know if this has anything to do with it. She says, she's been going there for years and years. Well, December seventh, twenty twenty one, Stevenson a family owned dealership and kind of results we all know sold to the Asberry Group. So you're not even dealing with the Stevenson family.
Speaker 6: So let's do this.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 6: Let's put this on hold. I'm going I want BO to call I.
Speaker 5: Want BO to call them and say, listen, we have a woman on the phone who says she needed to get her car fixed. But you want to take one thousand dollars up front. That seems unusual. Why are you doing it? Let's just do that. There's something.
Speaker 15: Isn't it call worth more than a thousand? Even if she doesn't show up?
Speaker 9: Isn't that like good collateral?
Speaker 17: Tom?
Speaker 5: Well, he's sure. But that's that's why we're going to find out why they're doing this.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I suspect either she misunderstood them or they're just they don't trust her. I don't know how long has your car been there, Ashley.
Speaker 3: I dropped it off in May it was towed up.
Speaker 5: Okay, then hold on, hold on. If you dropped it off in May, when.
Speaker 6: Did you get back to them?
Speaker 5: When did you get back to them after dropping it off in May?
Speaker 3: Last last week?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Now listen to this, guys. She drops the car off in May, June, July, August, and half of September.
Speaker 6: You're missing a part of that.
Speaker 10: In that period of time, they were trying to sell her a new car and get her into one, and then they finally found out after months she wouldn't qualify for the rebate exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: I think they feel led on, and I think they feel she's not dependable, and I think they don't trust her.
Speaker 6: But find out, find out. I can be wrong.
Speaker 5: It could be that they just want a thousand dollars because they're broke. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martine. You're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk.
Speaker 6: Seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: By the way, I gotta I got a note here from Stevenson Mark about this. And uh, I don't know if this is as a result of BOH. I don't it could be. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Is Bo's on the phone with him. Here's what it says.
Speaker 5: We can't speak about the vehicle purchase, but I am the service manager and I'm aware of the situation of what you're talking about. And this is about in the subject line Ashley so and so, it says we request deposits.
Speaker 6: When these.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait when these is when there is I think it means when there is suspicion that we will be unable to collect payment once repairs are completed.
Speaker 6: I said the same exact thing.
Speaker 5: Now Here's he goes on to say, in this situation, we requested a deposit because the vehicle was here and abandoned for four months. We were unable to even get a return call from her, and two thousand dollars worth of work was suddenly approved no storage charge or being no storage views are being charged, and we have already had one hundred and eighty dollars in labor from the original visit. One of the deposit will be applied toward repairs. She approved two.
Speaker 6: Thousand dollars in repairs.
Speaker 5: Our concern is that once the work is completed, the vehicle owner will no longer be reachable, in which case we will be stuck with storing the car again. So that's the situation. I think that's reasonable. He said the car has been there for four months and they could not get a return call. What do you think, guys? I mean, did BO find out essentially the same thing? Or is this as a result of BO three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five, As I say, is this thing working?
Speaker 7: I can probably elucidate this.
Speaker 22: I talked to Bell on Friday, and I also talked to him this morning before I was assigned to it. But because I'm a little shaky on my voice right now, we emailed back and forth. That email is replied to my email.
Speaker 6: Okay, so bottom line.
Speaker 5: Is that they are uh yeah, they are requiring a deposit. I don't think we can get involved in that. Now, Mike has a question on run flat tires. Go ahead, what's going on, Mike, Tom.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yes, sir.
Speaker 12: Several months ago I heard, I thought, I heard that you owned a vehicle, yes, had run flats, right, and you had one of them go out and et cetera, and you ended up having to replace all four of them.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 12: I have a friend of mine who's looking to buy a BMW with run flats right next five and I said, I'm concerned that they're saying you don't need the spare tire option. And I said, boy, I'm I think I remember something that Tom Martino said about that. Let me confirm it. I think that he had a flat on his run flat and ended up having to replace all of them.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Let me explain the situation. Let me explain this very simply. If you have run flat tires, it means you can run that tire flat for fifty miles under fifty miles an hour. It's meant to get you to a repair shop. That's what it's meant for. Okay. Now, if you don't get there within that amount of time, then that tire is not going to be repaired. First of all, they don't repair them, they replace them. Okay. So but when I went there, let me explain this. So I did my fifty to fifty. I went to a repair to a tire place, or to the dealer, and the dealer said, wait a minute, you need all four tires. And I said why, and they said, because your car has a certain number of miles on it and we can't put a new run flat on there because it won't match the other three. And so I had it wasn't because it was a run flat necessarily, but the run flat did me no good. It's there's no sense because because they're very expensive, and I had to replace it. Anyway, in most cars, if you have more than five or six thousand miles on your car, okay, and you get a flat that needs because that tire, if that tire was able to be repaired, then I could have repaired it, and then I would have had four tires. I wouldn't have had to buy three others. But run flats cannot be repaired. So therefore I had to replace it. But you can't replace just one if you have more than five thousand miles. Now, if I had less than five thousand miles on my car and I had to replace any one of the tires, I would have no problem. But with more than five thousand miles on the car with the all wheel drive system, you can't replace one tire. You always have to replace all four. But you wouldn't have to do it if it wasn't a run flat because it could be repaired. So with any other tire. If you had ten thousand miles on your car and you got a flat, you would fix the flat.
Speaker 6: You can't do.
Speaker 10: That with it, and it's not worth messing around with it because if you screw up that transfer case. You know, four tires is nothing compared to what that means. But do you see the difference. If I had regular tires and I.
Speaker 5: Got a flat, I wouldn't have been able to drive to the dealer, But I would have been able if I had a regular tire to simply call Triple A, get it fixed.
Speaker 6: And be on my way. Yeah, but that's you're right, But it's a give and take.
Speaker 10: If you want to be able to drive fifty miles with that tire with a huge hole in it.
Speaker 6: You can't do that any other way besides a run flat.
Speaker 5: That's right, but it will never be repaired. Run flats will never be repaired. And now if people tell you I repair run flats all day, it'll avoid your warranty on your all wheel drive. Just so you know that you can't legally and keep it under warranty do a run flat. And so this is the worst thing in the world. So I said, well, no, I don't want to buy four run flats again, because if run flats can't be repaired when one goes out, you're telling me I have to buy four.
Speaker 6: That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard of my life.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Pretty much out of time, but coming up we'll have a really good discussion.
Speaker 6: Greg.
Speaker 5: You want to know about your batteries on solar. We're gonna talk about that. And then Jeffrey wants to talk about getting rid of two cars. I'm gonna urge you guys, Kachina, urge those guys to stick around.
Speaker 6: We'll be right with them.
Speaker 5: And we have more coming up with our deputies as well, follow up cases and more. I'm Troubleshooter Tom Martino. This is the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 5: Contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 6: Find out now three O three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Rit so you don't have.
Speaker 20: As we can.
Speaker 2: Shoo's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We got a full house today. Oh my goodness. We got so many people around. We have with me in the home studio, Deputy Dmitry, have Deputy Doc and Deputy Bow.
Speaker 6: At the main studio.
Speaker 5: We have a guest also, Chris with Discount Baths dot Com.
Speaker 6: And then we have Mark Major Mark Major, So I love.
Speaker 10: The name of his company. I tell you I had the time out at our house. Yeah, yeah, No, they're badass man. The discount, of course, is what drew me. But the guy Chris said at what was his name, Chris, that's Stephen Steven is just badass. I mean that will help you with design, they'll help you. I mean we had questions that were very rudimentary to a lot of people, like what color do people do baths? And now I mean I have no idea, how the hell would I know we had carpet in our bathroom, So just an idea that they help you and walk you through the whole thing. But once again, I focused originally on that discount part because I like discounts exactly exactly, and.
Speaker 5: The discount bath thing people are asking and I'm going to go to the Let me go to the phones, and then I'll come back and ask this because this is a question people are asking about the video upload. But first I want to talk to a Greg the solar batteries he wants to talk about. Go ahead, Greg, what did you want to know about or ask about solar batteries?
Speaker 23: Well, I had ordered some back on July twenty six in the company and the least I haven't received done.
Speaker 5: Now what company?
Speaker 23: It's a Solar Sovereign.
Speaker 6: How'd you find them.
Speaker 23: Online?
Speaker 5: It's called Solar Sovereign Companies Sovereign. Okay, yes, now Solar Sovereign. Did you pay them?
Speaker 23: Yeah, they were paid?
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 23: It was just over fifty five?
Speaker 6: And how did you pay them.
Speaker 23: With my credit card?
Speaker 6: Good? Cancel it.
Speaker 23: I do have a dispute in with my credit card company.
Speaker 6: Did you receive the product?
Speaker 5: No, he never did nothing.
Speaker 23: They haven't even shifted it. Every time I call him, they keep.
Speaker 5: Okay, you should you should very easily be able to do a credit card.
Speaker 6: Dispute, he said he did.
Speaker 5: And if they can, I mean they should, they should credit you immediately, did they they?
Speaker 23: They did, but oh good company still has up to ninety days to dispute it.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, just ride that, ride that along and see what happens. Yeah, you should have the preliminary credit. So I mean, it is what it is, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but very seldom do companies dispute it if they can't deliver.
Speaker 10: Yeah, i'd agree. Why would they? They're gonna lose they they can't even prove it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well they have told.
Speaker 23: Me it is packaged sitting in their warehouse where you'd be shipped.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But okay, then if they tell your credit card company that, your credit card company will say when Yeah, I mean I think you did the right thing, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What would you like us to do? And I mean that necessarily before your credit.
Speaker 23: Trying to find out for sure what else I can do while I'm waiting, because I need to order some other batteries from an other companies, I would just order other batteries.
Speaker 5: I would listen, you know what you want to know where your batteries are okay, why don't we have somebody called I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna do this. Okay, here's what I'm gonna do, because it is high time I do this. That's a drum roll. I'm going to give this to Dimitri for his first case. I'm going to have him call the solar company and find out whereat result.
Speaker 10: They're in a horrible bind right now, let's not forget that. Already know this guy contested his credit card and they're saying it's ready to ship. Now they're afraid to ship it because he contested the credit card. I mean, I don't know what a phone call is going to do. How about this if something about? How about we let Dmitri handle it. Let's just see what we can do. And I got to come up with a better name than his real name for the deputy and uh so here's what but here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 5: Have him call and say this, the guy can sets it on his charge cards because he was afraid he wasn't going to get it. He's certainly willing, he wants them. He's going to order them somewhere else. He's certainly willing to recharge it or to to to drop the dispute. If you can show a tracking number when you ship them, how about that? Okay, let's see now, in order to get the information again, I have to familiarize himself, Kelly, do you want him calling your cell phone? Would that be the easiest way for him to get information?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, I'll have a Dmitri call your cell phone during the break. Then that's what we're gonna do. Three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five offs. So hang on there, sir, and we will take care of that. Okay, Hey, I got.
Speaker 10: An UPD Go ahead, Mark. This is the Stevenson Toyota. So they basically wrote, and I'm gonna pay I.
Speaker 6: Read it before.
Speaker 5: Is that the one with the I think I read it already. You guys weren't paying attention.
Speaker 6: I think when I.
Speaker 5: Read it about about how they tried to get four phone they never had a phone call and all of that. No, I don't see. Is this the service manager that wrote It's Bill Benson?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, was so good. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think I read it, but go helly all.
Speaker 10: He's saying here is we're gonna charge her one thousand dollars and it's all going to go towards the repair interesting storage fees. So she needs to just tow it at it there and get it over to Stevenson. They simply don't trust her. In that fact, they don't trust her. I wouldn't use them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see in this case, though, I don't think And then he points to I don't think they did anything wrong. Mark in this case, I don't think they did anything wrong.
Speaker 6: Man, Well, they didn't do anything wrong. But I sure as hell wouldn't use them.
Speaker 10: If they came out and said, hey, we don't trust you to pay I'd be like, okay, I don't trust you to.
Speaker 6: Work on it. Yeah, I guess, I guess that's true.
Speaker 10: I mean, would you if they came out, if you brought your your car to whatever dealership and they wanted money down.
Speaker 6: I don't care what the reasoning is. Would you give him money down?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: But but remember the rest of that letter says it was there for four months. Yeah, but it also starts off I cannot talk about or no. Basically, they're saying we know nothing about the other side to this, where she'd been trying to buy a car from them. Yeah, but what difference does it make if what difference does it make if she's trying to buy a car and they're not talking to the service department. Okay, all they know is they have a car for service that's been sitting there for four months, and they tried to call.
Speaker 10: Her and she never returned a call. Well, she's saying she did return every call, first of all. Okay, I still wouldn't give any dealership. I don't care who it is. I wouldn't give Kevin cockin a Sheridan. I wouldn't give any dealership or any car replace a car repair place any money down.
Speaker 6: I find it absurd.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 5: Good, it's like buying whatever. Anyway, that's good. Three L three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Yes, we did read that and I do agree. Now, Jeffrey wants to talk about getting rid of two cars. Hey, Jeffrey, go ahead. What's happening?
Speaker 21: Yeah, Hey there, thank you, Yes, calling for a friend. They have two vehicles older Camery, older niece and Armada close to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Miles to say they're running. Yes, mcann, they do.
Speaker 21: Need some work and cosmetically they would need some work. Yeah, best way to get rid of them donating? Can you scrap them?
Speaker 5: So okay, that's what I wanted to ask. What's your what is your goal? Is your goal to get some money? Or is your goal just to get rid of them.
Speaker 21: Better than just the fifty bucks or whatever you get for donating them on a tack rune off?
Speaker 1: What would be the best way to make a buck on them?
Speaker 5: Per se? Right, now, let's go over them. And I'll say it again because I wasn't listening to carefully to each one. Go over each one one?
Speaker 6: Is how well hear?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 16: Not?
Speaker 5: Specific?
Speaker 21: On the nie on our mod it's an older niece on our moato with probably one hundred and ninety thousand miles on it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's not going to be worth anything.
Speaker 21: And then both are going to be that way the cameras and those seven camera with close two.
Speaker 12: Hundred thousand on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah neither okay, never mind, never mind. So really I'm not even the donations want them?
Speaker 6: Do they mark?
Speaker 5: Do they take them? That old one?
Speaker 17: Eight seven seven? Cars for kids?
Speaker 6: Cars for kids?
Speaker 10: Will take them and he'll get whatever the blue Book is roughly worth on them to able to deduct. I don't know what you meant by when you said I don't want just the fifty dollars. I mean, why do you think it's just fifty dollars. I think it's up to five hundred, maybe even higher. They won't give him that for that piece of For those, it's the tax right off. If he makes a thousand bucks, he would lower his income by whatever was on the donation slip.
Speaker 16: Oh.
Speaker 5: In other words, whatever they value it at is his deduction exactly. Okay, Jeffrey, why don't you just try that, Try that cars for kids.
Speaker 20: We'll do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you donate it to cars for kids or whomever. I mean, find who you want cars for kids? I believe comes back to I want to say it's Jewish schools. I'm pretty sure it is, but there's all kinds. But you'll you'll get a form ten ninety eight C and that'll have how much they value it at, and then that ten ninety eight C whatever the amount is, is what you can use for deductions on your taxes.
Speaker 21: Yes, and I would assume they come pick it up and everything like that. Or is it had to be dropped.
Speaker 6: Oh absolutely, they'll pick it up. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Doc, I want you to write this down because I'm suitably impressed that he used whomever as an object in the proper so cat.
Speaker 6: First of all, I will guy, I am so impressed.
Speaker 5: You're so impressed when he said or whomever?
Speaker 6: I am so impressed.
Speaker 17: Okay, well, my grammar is impeccable.
Speaker 6: Doc is rubbing off on me.
Speaker 24: He is, he is.
Speaker 6: I'm very okay. We got more coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm troubleshooter Tom Martine three h three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until your.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five, John, what's going on with you?
Speaker 17: John?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show. What's happening?
Speaker 20: Hey, Tom? Yeah, this is John. I'll probably get in trouble.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 20: Well, I'm kind of concerned about my daughter. She's fifty two years old.
Speaker 6: That's going on there.
Speaker 20: Well, every time I get to talk to her or something, she changes subjects and she goes with this singer. And I'd like to know how popular this singer is.
Speaker 5: Now, wait a minute, when you say she goes with this singer, what do you mean is she dating this singer?
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 20: This singer's twenty nine years old.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you mean she goes with this singer? Just helped me understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 20: Well, she goes to the concerts, texts Florida.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh so she's a groupie for sure.
Speaker 7: Huh, living her best life.
Speaker 20: Well, yeah, she said that, dad, she says, And I'll tell you his name post alone.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, what about him?
Speaker 20: He's cool, she says, Dad. He has saved me from the different things in the past.
Speaker 5: Wow, So she really puts a lot of stock in his music. Huh.
Speaker 20: Well, she she knows is mother. They talk in there every day. Uh, she's she's just going great every time I get next to her, and that she just goes on. Listen to this song. Listen to this song. What do you think of this song? I can't get two words in what I think?
Speaker 5: Man, that's weird for a fifty year old woman to be so obsessed with a musician.
Speaker 6: I mean post tom Gosh is that what they call them?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 20: Yeah, Well she's she's on social media. I think she's got a couple million followers or something. I don't know what's actually she does. Yes, wow, Well she she's met post alone several times. She's got oh really, wow, she's got his tattoos where he tattooed her. She's gave it him at these concerts, lanyards other good buddies.
Speaker 5: They're good friends, no friends.
Speaker 6: Does she actually know him?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 20: And the mother and the father I guess the father post Belone's father is real. Ill right now, he's got she really does know him.
Speaker 6: I mean that's weird. I mean that's good. I mean that's cool. What's wrong with it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 20: I'm just wondering. You know, I've heard from a few of my friends when I talk, they said that he's a devil worshiper.
Speaker 6: And I mean, I don't mean to laugh, I mean I got it. I mean, who knows that that's true?
Speaker 20: Or I don't know how popular this guy is even she did tell me that he just broke a country and Western album.
Speaker 14: He did, he did, okay, very popular, very popular, very cool?
Speaker 6: He really is.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, you know, I don't why are you so concerned?
Speaker 24: Let me ask you that, because every time I get near my daughter and that I try to talk to her about different discussions and this and that, she goes, she shuts me up, and she talks about post malone and post malone post malone.
Speaker 15: Oh, why don't you just give her a little space and let just fad wear herself out.
Speaker 20: And all right, leave her alone time while it's not gonna wear out. She's she's got she's got a quantt I don't know if you know what a quantita is, big old quonset like forty by sixty quantst and it's full of his art facts and everything else. She's got his tennis shoes, shoes, got this, She's got this, She's got this.
Speaker 6: How long did this one take you.
Speaker 20: Crazy, Tom?
Speaker 6: You wait, wait a minute. You think this guy's not telling me the truth? Come on, I think he's playing you like a fell You're so cynical.
Speaker 20: Wow, okay, no, no, I'm not playing.
Speaker 6: Send us a picture of her in post?
Speaker 20: Why don't you look her up?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 20: Cammy cross fer?
Speaker 6: I'm not what's the last name?
Speaker 20: Crow spur cross spur.
Speaker 16: C r o.
Speaker 20: You're looking up your here?
Speaker 6: How do you spell the last name?
Speaker 20: I don't know? Mark? So she's married, she's married, he's been married for twenty years.
Speaker 6: And what does the husband think about this?
Speaker 20: He's all for he likes you know?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I guess people have different obsessions.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, I mean.
Speaker 6: Doc is a swiftie, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like.
Speaker 20: I said, Tammy. My daughter's name is Tammy Krolser. Look her up, you'll see her. You'll see her. She's got short ron hare.
Speaker 6: And how do you sell that last name?
Speaker 5: I want to look for it, Tom, I don't know. You don't know how to spell her name.
Speaker 20: I know my daughter's first name. Okay, well that's Sammy, but cross for crow cross starts? What does he?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, March Mark, you really I found her. You really believe that this man is making it up.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I don't know. The whole thing is.
Speaker 20: I'm not what what what?
Speaker 10: Okay, I still don't understand the point of the call. Then what's the point The point of the call is, Uh, let's reach out.
Speaker 6: Maybe I can get through to her. Give Kelly your daughter's number.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, political I can call her off the air. We're gonna told you.
Speaker 20: I told you I might get into trouble. Tho's people out there probably knows my daughter that is listening.
Speaker 5: Well, you're right now, then you're already in trouble, man.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 20: But I'm wanting to find out where is she coming from?
Speaker 6: Well, that's weird.
Speaker 20: I can't figure it out.
Speaker 14: Well, just so she now you know, she has less than five hundred followers. She doesn't have like a million followers, just so you know, two million?
Speaker 20: Well wait a minute, wait a minute, No.
Speaker 5: Want she have two million or five hundred.
Speaker 14: She's got five hundred and twenty nine followers on Instagram. I'm looking at her and her husband and their tattoos and all of her posts.
Speaker 6: The tattoos.
Speaker 10: What's one of the tattoos your daughter has it that we would see in a picture.
Speaker 20: A picture on her left leg. I think it's her left leg, of of of his.
Speaker 17: You don't have a leg to stand on.
Speaker 14: Come on, well, yeah, she's got He's got a ball cap one on the bottom of her leg.
Speaker 7: I see that tattoo on her calf.
Speaker 6: You're finding her? What did how did you spell the name c.
Speaker 7: R O C I'm sorry c R O C F E R And it's Instagram. That's definitely her.
Speaker 20: Cammy. She's got blonde hair, she sure does.
Speaker 7: She looks like she's you know, late forties or something.
Speaker 6: So I state, so, what what is it called about?
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to kind of wind up.
Speaker 5: Fine, now likes he likes to run stuff by me because he trusts me.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, what's trying I do? There's nothing he's been calling me for years and years. It's a very odd call, that's all.
Speaker 20: Yeah. I'm not using my right name, Tom.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 20: But yeah, it kind of upsets me. She was just over here a little bit ago and I couldn't get two words in. She was talking about post name again.
Speaker 5: And her and I see her with a lot of pictures of him. Yeah, she's with him all over. She just assessed with him. I see her now on Facebook here, what's wrong with that? I think you're overly concerned.
Speaker 6: I really do.
Speaker 5: I mean, gosh, all of her Facebook is dedicated to him. She loves the guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, she.
Speaker 20: Talks to the mother every day, so she's really liked.
Speaker 5: I mean, the ultimate fan. She knows his parents. Yeah.
Speaker 20: Last year, my wife and I and her wed her Subaru with post Malone plates on.
Speaker 23: All.
Speaker 20: The way is Salt Lake City. That's where he lives. As she said, Dad, I want to go up to his house.
Speaker 6: She won't be able to get Now you're sure she stalked him? Is he no one like her as a person and a friend?
Speaker 20: Oh? Yeah, post Malone calls her mama.
Speaker 5: Jeez. Yeah, hey, you know what Mark? Do you remember the lady and Susan They used to say. She knew the one of the begs. Yeah, he would come through the wall at night and make love to her and then sweet passionate love. But she She claims she had a relationship with Barry Gibb and that he fathered a child of hers, although she never really Oh.
Speaker 10: Man, I listened to post about I don't know, for an hour plus in the last three or four days, and he is no thing like I thought, no he would be.
Speaker 6: I don't mean his music. I listened to him have a conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a cool guys, a cool guy.
Speaker 6: He sounds nothing like what he looks. If that makes sense. Yeah, yeah, of course not. He's a good guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 20: My daughter, I say, if you want to start talking about musicians and singers, let's talk about Elvis, Presley and the.
Speaker 6: Monkey, the monkeys, the Monkey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, Mark is an idiot when it comes to music. Elvis.
Speaker 20: I was just kind of curious.
Speaker 5: The only you know where he gets all his music tastes from sus That's all.
Speaker 6: Otherwise, Mark, would I.
Speaker 17: Have a great idea. Why don't you and your daughter go on doctor Phil that's the kind of stuff he does.
Speaker 10: I know what you should do, and I'm not kidding. I mean, get get to the right venue so you don't get trampled. But go to a post malone. Tell her you want to go see him next time he's in town. Maybe you and your daughter will I a great time.
Speaker 5: Seriously, I mean, obviously she gets she gets backstage and all of that doesn't she is, man, Look at her Instagram.
Speaker 14: Holy crap, did you see the tattoo of post Malone's face on her leg?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 5: It's it's wild, it's it's hold no, no, you know, for a fifty two year old woman, For a fifty two year old woman, this is really crazy. But you know what, there are a lot of people, a lot of people who yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 20: Tom, Yes, yes, let's go back about maybe ten years ago, and my daughter had problems, she had sexual No, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know if I want to talk about your daughter like this. Hold on, bro, I don't think I'm in the storm.
Speaker 20: What I'm trying to say is that she kept remembering all these slashed a repressed memories and right, and heard this magician post Malone.
Speaker 6: Musician, musician.
Speaker 20: Yes, and and.
Speaker 5: Look she obviously listen.
Speaker 20: The post Malone saved me.
Speaker 5: Yeah that let me. Can I explain what she means? Probably the music, the music spoke to her. It touched her heart. I mean, really, let's let's take out all the garbage.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: There are people sometimes that just get touched by artists of all kinds, whether they're musicians, are visual artists, painters, whatever.
Speaker 6: There are any monkeys fans can relate to what he's saying.
Speaker 5: God, come on anyway, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here. Uh, you don't know what you're missing people. If you don't listen off the air, you just don't know what you listen. I got a question for Chris on this uploading videos, Chris, how much like they want to know? And again I went through the process and got a link, But I don't know if I got instructions on how to videotape do you include that when they go through the process, Like, like, here's what I'm talking about people. If you're just listening, if you go to a discount bath dot com, you can you can go through the pricing process or the estimating without doing.
Speaker 6: Without having them come to your house.
Speaker 5: And what you do is you use your your camera to videotape and they send you a link to upload it.
Speaker 6: But what kind of what do you want to see in the videotape?
Speaker 18: We just want to see what the bathroom looks like. They can film it and most of our customers will just talk over, hey, we want to take this shower out or we want to turn the tub into a shower area.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, and it gives us a real good visual.
Speaker 18: Often we can get measurements from that just by you know, counting tiles or roughly, you know, most bathrooms, we've got an idea canturements and then what and we can find out roughly what they want and we can put together an estimate. It's not going to be as detailed as if we show up in the house. So but if you're just kicking but it's pretty damn close, let's say say, yeah, we're going to be in the ballpark for sure.
Speaker 5: Now, discount bath dot com can they also can they call you to you don't mind phone calls because I always get out discount bath dot com. But you take phone calls directly on this seven two zero nine seven nine number correct seven two zero nine seven nine twenty three, twenty two. Okay, So what is the process once they upload a video? What happens?
Speaker 18: Yeah, so we'll take a look at it and then myself for Steve and will contact them, go over the video with them a little bit, and if they want us to come out, we'll come out and go into more detail. Or we can put together a quote and email it over to them.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, And and in addition to that, you can do somebody wants to know, and we asked this before. A basement that has a rough in.
Speaker 18: Yeah, absolutely, we're gonna have to bust up concrete and move the rough end.
Speaker 5: And get why do you have to move the rough in if it's right where they want the bath?
Speaker 9: Well, typically they just stub.
Speaker 18: Up the three drains in the one spot and they're not where they need to be. They're just sitting there, so you have access. Yeah, but you do that, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Okay, And so and then what about.
Speaker 5: Expanding a bath like they have a master bath, and I guess master.
Speaker 6: You're not supposed to say anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know, going back to slavery master baths, but whatever you call them now. But in the master bedroom suite where the master bedroom has a master bath, what do you do, like like like, if they want to expand that take some of the they they want to take some of their walking closet, do you do that kind of construction too, or just remodel so you actually do some some you know, alteration.
Speaker 18: Yeah, soup to nuts, we'll do as little or as much. But if we're moving walls or as long as they are not load bearing, in that case we can still do it, but we don't like to because we've got to have an engineer involved, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: But most of the time you're talking about load bearing. But normally, if you're just going into a walking closet expand.
Speaker 18: We're just taking out a lot, the closet gets smaller and the bathroom gets bigger, and you know, it's a little bit of framing and drywall and rerouting of some plumbing or electrical or both.
Speaker 5: But it's pretty straightforward for us, okay, And so somebody else wanted to know, I'd have him come out.
Speaker 6: I mean, I love what he's done with the app.
Speaker 10: That took a lot of thought and technology, and it's cool for like what Chris was saying, kicking the tires. But when they come out to your house, man, they're going to have all the ideas. Most people that are totally redoing their bathroom. I don't mean a shower conversion, but totally redoing it. You might want to get rid of that tub that's never used and make a bigger shower or a larger closet. And a lot of people like myself and Suzanne, we didn't even know like what colors do people do stuff in now?
Speaker 6: And I mean these guys help with all of that, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Good idea.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's a design consultation on the level of where are we going to put things and what color is it going to be, what finishes, what materials? You know, we've got a great selection.
Speaker 6: And that's another one.
Speaker 10: Like when we were talking to materials with your guy, you start thinking like, Okay, those really big tiles that we'd want maybe in the shower. I thought you would put those same things on the floor, and he's like, no, way you'll slip everywhere. I mean stuff like that that I never would have thought of. Yep, we have more coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, Tony.
Speaker 5: What's going on with you? Tony?
Speaker 12: I'm just calling to help you be less woke?
Speaker 20: Tom?
Speaker 6: Help me, sir?
Speaker 5: How do I do it?
Speaker 20: I bought a house.
Speaker 13: Fourteen years ago with a master bedroom and a master bath.
Speaker 6: How dare you?
Speaker 5: I still have a house with a master bedroom in a master bath, and when I sell it it will have.
Speaker 6: The same because the term master bed and master bath.
Speaker 5: Originated in an early nineteen hundred Spears and Roebuck Company catalog.
Speaker 1: There is you cannot find that.
Speaker 12: Virtually, it didn't exist before that, and call anything else is simply cow telling.
Speaker 1: To the w book crowd.
Speaker 6: Very well, said Tony.
Speaker 5: You know Tony, Tony, when I was mentioning that, by the way, I was saying, I guess you're not supposed to say that anymore. I wasn't saying that. I ascribed to that, Oh it was. I mean I But here's the deal, though. It's amazing how many things you can't say anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm serious fat like fat.
Speaker 12: I can't say somebody's fat.
Speaker 6: Oh I say that? No, hell no, that's body shaming. Keep going. What else you can't say anymore?
Speaker 5: No? No, for sure you can't say that. And and I don't want to offend mark anyway, So go what.
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 20: Listen?
Speaker 1: Break retearted down.
Speaker 12: It simply means slow.
Speaker 5: No, I know you know what you use it when you're talking about automobile timing tim Yeah, what else? What else?
Speaker 6: I'm not there's stuff we won't even say.
Speaker 15: You can't say pregnant woman anymore? You have to say pregnant person. That's right, But I can tell you it's probably a coincidence. But of all the thousands of babies I delivered, they all came out of women. Now that must be a coincidence.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but I think what they mean there, to be fair, is that it might have been a woman, but she identified as an and that's what they mean by pregnant person.
Speaker 17: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think that's what they mean. But I asked my I love asking artificial intelligence these kinds of questions.
Speaker 6: Can a man be pregnant?
Speaker 5: Listen to this. I'm gonna I just put in the question can a man be pregnant? Here we go, Yes, it is possible for men to be pregnant, depends on their gender identity.
Speaker 6: See now, who were you using?
Speaker 5: Because I just use Google's AI and it says I put in exactly what you said, can a man be pregnant?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: That's exactly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I use that this was co pilot bing.
Speaker 10: Well, this isn't being This says anyone who has a uterus and ovaries could become pregnant. So it's funny how Google looks at it completely different than your Microsoft friends.
Speaker 5: No, this is Oh, that's right. This is Microsoft, isn't it? But no, I truly put in that question mark. It came back. Yes, as possible for some men to become pregnant. It depends on their gender identity at the time. See that's so weird, how different they are. I'm Tom Martine. We got more coming up. Plus, did you call that place to mature?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Right, We're gonna find out about that.
Speaker 5: About that and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show stick around. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 6: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: Didn't need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 2: Run in just as fast as we can. Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five guys, help me come up with another name for Dimitri, deputy Dimitri, because we never dementia. Now he talked to the let's recap that call that we took earlier and what we were where we're talking about to begin with. So the guy called and said he ordered solar batteries from Solar Sovereign and then he got tired of wait and he was waiting like what months, and then he canceled it on his credit card or he can tested it, and then he wants to know what to do. And I said, well, let's call them and see where they're at. He said, they claim they're ready to ship Dmitri. Did you talk to anyone there?
Speaker 9: Yes, I spoke with Well, first I did speak with the caller Greg, and I got the order number and all the details, order date and everything. I then called Solar Sovereign and spoke with a gentleman named Kyle and the sales department. I explained to him what the issue is and what an elegant solution. It would be if they just simply canceled the order. Yeah, make sure our caller didn't get a cancelation fear. He said that he's going to get in touch with somebody in management and call me back, and that somebody management will call me back. In the meantime, he did look up the order number. He said that their system records the fact that the chargeback has been initiated. Oh good, and their system has canceled the shipment. Because he did say that doesn't mean the order is canceled. So that's the resolution I'm hoping for.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, and then they're gonna call you back and ask them. So good it looks I mean, here's the deal. If they did have it ready to ship, why didn't they ship it? Did you ask him what happened? No, he's just the sales goal. Okay, Okay, maybe when the guy calls you back you can ask him. Yes, Because it sounded like this guy really wants to buy him somewhere. I think he should go elsewhere though.
Speaker 10: It just doesn't sound I think he's gonna end up getting charged back on the charge back, and then these guys are gonna ship it.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm guessing.
Speaker 9: That's what we're trying to avoid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: No, if they actually ship it, he may not be disappointed. I don't you know, that's the whole thing. No, but it can take up how long just that charge back. I don't know when he made it, but that can take sixty ninety days?
Speaker 9: The caller says it will take his company, his credit card company, ninety days to resolve the charge back.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: To Chris from discount Baths?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 10: Let me ask him something, Chris or Tomah, Go ahead, Jack, when you sign a project with somebody, I mean, it's evident you're going to save the money discount baths.
Speaker 6: But on top of that, how do you guys communicate?
Speaker 10: Because one of the hardest things that I have come into over the years when we had our basement remodeled years ago in Castle Rock, actually communications was horrible with the general contractor. In other words, I might have one of his plumbers in there, one of his subs who only knew what he said, not necessarily what I want.
Speaker 6: But how do you guys? Do you guys differ in communications?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 18: So the key to that sentence that you just said was he was a GC. These are all our guys, so oh so they're your guys. Yeah, now some of them technically are subs, but we use the same guys over and over, like the plumber or the electricians, so they know what we want, how we do things.
Speaker 9: We schedule everything.
Speaker 18: You've got a point of contact with Steve or myself, the guy, the same guy in the.
Speaker 9: House every day managing the project. So it's the communications really easy.
Speaker 10: So even you as the owner, if they have an issue, yep, I mean they have your number, they can get with you.
Speaker 9: Yep, they can get with me.
Speaker 18: And you know, obviously you've got multiple people personalities conflict sometimes but rarely, but if you don't like the guy you're talking to, then you can call somebody else and get an answer. But again, it's not something that we deal with a whole bunch because the person doing the work is awesome and they talk directly and say, hey, you know, I want to move the niche over here versus here.
Speaker 9: The guys will just do it in the house. It's not like we have to do a change order or something like that.
Speaker 6: And I know everyone's different.
Speaker 10: I mean, I get it, you can do just a shower or a whole bathroom, But how do you break down the timeline? In other words, if someone calls you today and you go out there and they want pretty much a full remodel of their bathroom, I mean maybe even a wall taken down or something, what, how do you even come up with the timeline?
Speaker 18: So internally we know that roughly speaking, about ten thousand dollars of contracted project is worth about a week of labor. Oh so, I mean that's something that we use in house, and it really holds true. I don't know why honestly, but it just does. You know, like a tile shower is about a week. It's depending on what you pick around ten thousand dollars. So roughly speaking, that's how we know. And then we start moving walls. We have a lot of drywall. Those are timely things. It takes more time to do drywall because it's a multi step project. But like a master bathroom typically is somewhere between four and six weeks without even seeing it, I already know that.
Speaker 6: Well it's not bad. Yeah, and that's soup to nuts, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I mean, you know, as far as construction goes, there's always unforeseen problems and things like that. But the bottom line is bathrooms have always been a specialty and a pain. I mean they really have been. And the other thing kitchens. Do you ever dabble in those?
Speaker 18: Yeah, we'll do them. We don't market for them. But if we've got as a matter of fact, we're doing one right now, two bathrooms in a kitchen. He just wanted us to do the whole thing, and it's really in our wheelhouse, so it's pretty easy for us to add something in with a kitchen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because usually those people, you know, they do kitchens, they do baths. And so when when people are laying out a bathroom, what is the what I mean? Aren't there only certain ways you can lay them out? Really? I mean true custom? I mean how custom can you really get? I'm not talking about a big one, like a big master bedroom. I'm talking about like hallways and half baths. Aren't there just certain conventions that people use?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean they're all laid out.
Speaker 18: They're five foot by eight foot by a or five foot by ten foot or five foot by eleven foot. You know, really the only difference in there is how much one way or another going to move the vanity or the shower is going to be a couple of inches bigger.
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 18: You don't have a lot of wiggle room with those unless she starts stealing space from another room or a closet like we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 5: Okay, So in.
Speaker 6: Other words, the.
Speaker 5: The layout, it has a lot to do with the space, and then the the the time frame. What is a time frame for a half bath, a all the way.
Speaker 6: Bath for a we call that a full bath?
Speaker 5: But oh you do?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry? What's the half bath?
Speaker 18: Then a half baths a toilet and a sink and you know where you wash your hands the guests come over. So so the Hahull bath is a full bath if it's got the tub in there. It's three quarters if it's a shower. But it's the same room, right. So so the answer to your question is that's a project. If it's a tile project and we're doing everything in there, it's a two week project. If there's less work, it's a week to week and a half.
Speaker 5: Okay, But people.
Speaker 10: Generally don't have to I mean, they don't have to leave their house, right, I mean they might have to use another bathroom.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, most there's usually two bathrooms.
Speaker 18: But even in those cases, what if we have a single bathroom where we set the toilet every night so that they have a toilet. You got to figure something out for the shower because that's out of commission. But yeah, we protect the floors with carpet mask and the hard floors with cardboard, and the guys cover everything up and we haul all the trash when we're done. So you got to live with construction. But we're pretty clean in general for what we're doing.
Speaker 10: Now, let me ask them one more thing. I'm going to put them on the spot discount baths dot com. Okay, how much do you generally save compared to the other guys?
Speaker 6: What is the discount? Yeah, so a shower is a good.
Speaker 5: Place to start.
Speaker 18: Like we've been advertising the nine eight eighty eight. That shower, that same shower from somebody else is between twelve and seventeen thousand in this market.
Speaker 6: So how much are you We're ten thousand?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, so you're up to nine thousand and eight eighty eight. That's a huge discount.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So it's same material, same company, you know, good labor, licensed plumbers. We don't have to charge as much. We're just going to do more of them.
Speaker 6: Now, Russ, you have a name for Deputy Dmitri.
Speaker 1: What is it? It's just something very simple, Deputy D.
Speaker 5: That's somebody else. I've gotten three of those, so I far deputy You like Deputy D.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Deputy D. Well, you know most let's call him double D. No, but most of our.
Speaker 15: Our deputies have a name that's somewhat that's descriptive of what they do.
Speaker 6: We don't know anything about Dmitri. Well, what was bo?
Speaker 5: Bo?
Speaker 6: Is not descriptive? Yeah, Doc, we know deppety dollar was a count.
Speaker 5: And you're right. We have Deputy Chopper, a helicopter parte. We have deputy Deputy Gearhead was the car good?
Speaker 17: I know anything about Dmitri? Where do you come from?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I asked him that one too.
Speaker 6: I said, listen to what I said here Russian?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 5: And he said because of his name? And he says, no, I'm American, very proud of that. I mean, Dmitri, you made that very clear. So if we called you deputy comrade, you wouldn't like that, would you?
Speaker 9: I would not be opposed to I think it's because I think it's kind of cool.
Speaker 6: But what do you guys think of that?
Speaker 5: Because he's like.
Speaker 14: You like it?
Speaker 6: No, something reminds me of r VP.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, oh what in fact?
Speaker 9: He said, Tom, how about critical D?
Speaker 5: You know he has his recycling he's critically he has his recycling business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, Deputy trash.
Speaker 18: Dog dog I've got I've got a buddy named Dimitri. His son is Dimitri, and we call him Tree. How about Deputy Tree? How about D Train?
Speaker 5: D Train?
Speaker 6: Deputy d Train?
Speaker 9: Nothing wrong with that critical D?
Speaker 5: Hey, YouTube, morons, you're gonna give me crap.
Speaker 6: Now, let's come up with.
Speaker 5: A name and get your heads off the monkeys right now, let's let's come up with a name.
Speaker 6: I the recyclist, the recyclment.
Speaker 9: The recyclist, the uh let's see too many salables in that one, yeah.
Speaker 6: Deputy, Well, well come on, wait, we'll know. I got here.
Speaker 23: I got it.
Speaker 6: You're ready. Clean sweep, Deputy, clean sweep.
Speaker 5: It's not bad.
Speaker 6: The purge pro miss the purge deputy recycle. Yeah, somebody said that, deputy clutter crusher.
Speaker 9: Deputy. I don't know, man, it's gotta be short.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Deputy is deputy tiny pants, Deputy D money, Deputy, I like double D.
Speaker 5: Still we have now we do have a deputy dollars So that not Deputy Deputy.
Speaker 6: Why did we go with bow?
Speaker 5: That was a nickname. That's why we went.
Speaker 7: That's his nickname in life. That's what he goes.
Speaker 6: Hei have a nickname, Dimitri.
Speaker 9: Just the ones I previously mentioned, okay, which was critical D.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he really likes that one. Isn't that thatad guy from School of Rock?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 9: No, it's for well maybe two. But I got it from a movie called Things to Do in Denver when You're Dead?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Deputy critical D. Too long. You're right, Deputy critical D. We'll come up with something.
Speaker 5: YouTube morons, you're disappointing me. Come on, you guys are really smart. You can come up with something. Three h three seven one three eight now now Russ is somebody already took. Yeah, so we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. No obligation in comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Oh man, it's been a business show. But we still have time to.
Speaker 5: Take plenty of calls and uh, by the way, also we have I'm trying to find the uh the article.
Speaker 6: But here's what I want to ask.
Speaker 5: People, because we were joking about it during the break, But how do you program pagers to blow up? No?
Speaker 10: No, they got a hold of them. It's incredible. Then they're really, really is this what is there?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 17: It's like eight.
Speaker 10: Pagers for people that don't know. I mean, it's crazy, but some people, you know, don't know. Israel got a hold of the pagers that Hesblah and some of its other enemies use. And the reason they go to pagers. The first thing you ask yourself is, well, why the hell would they use pages because Israel figured out how to track their cell phones and conversations, so they decided they'd go with pagers and send different messages through those. So somehow they got a hold of like twenty eight hundred, three thousand of these before Hesbelah started using them. They implanted explosives in them. Then yesterday they detonated like three thousand of them, killing.
Speaker 6: A bunch of people.
Speaker 10: On top of that, there's like two hundred people in critical condition, twenty seven hundred actually injured. Then today today, because these guys are morons. I mean, if I had people blowing up with pagers next to me, I'd get rid of all that stuff. Today they they attacked their walkie talkies and killed another fourteen more today and injured another four hundred and fifty. I got to give it to Israel absolutely, just bravo Israel, bravo.
Speaker 5: Wow they how did they know they would wait? How did they know they'd go to the walkie talkies after the pagers they had to get.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, these guys know everything. The IDF is the bomb.
Speaker 5: But wait a minute, so they must But at the same time they did the pagers, they must have done Walkee talkies as well, so they would have had to find out who supplies these walkie talkies.
Speaker 6: They infiltrated these entireties.
Speaker 17: You don't think Meade is capable of doing that.
Speaker 20: Tom.
Speaker 6: I guess they're really good, aren't they. They're incredible.
Speaker 17: They're the best.
Speaker 5: Massade and I love it.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you get.
Speaker 10: Rid of any electronic If I had a toaster in my house, I'd throw it out at this point. I mean really, and the fact they injured four hundred and fifty more today with Walkee talkies, I'm dying to know what's next. How about I'll tell you the one they should have done is like the Apple iPads or what do you call them, the earbuds headphones.
Speaker 6: That'll just get rid of the problem altogether.
Speaker 5: Wow, now here's the deal. What about P Diddy? I mean, this thing crashed. No, this is like really bad. You know, at first, I'm thinking, you know, maybe it's just I don't know, but this is like he's indicted.
Speaker 6: This is big time indictment.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, you know, all of us, most of us that saw the video instantly knew he was a scumbag.
Speaker 5: Well, the one where he chased her down the hallway. It was terrible and and uh so he's going to be doing some jail time.
Speaker 6: He's uh they denied bailed to Locke's point something.
Speaker 15: Like that, that the video was not an isolated incident. People who act like that don't do it just once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, happened to get litely, Not absolutely not. It follows them.
Speaker 6: They must have a lot on them because the judge denied bail just because of his money and all of that.
Speaker 10: But yes, jets and still, I hey, who was the guy that apparently committed suicide that knew the Clintons with the private island.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got bail at Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Epstein, so you know. And they claim that he did trafficking and he also he would blackmail his business associate with videos.
Speaker 10: They also said, basically, I mean pretty much, they're saying he's the head of a crime organization.
Speaker 17: Remember innocent, they'll proven guilty.
Speaker 5: Tom Well, I'm not saying he's guilty. I'm saying, what do you think about it? It's like disgusting, What the if any of this is true? Holy crap? Only three all three seven?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 10: Yes, don't you ever wonder you go here's the guy that's so successful, it's insane.
Speaker 6: Why does he have I know that other st It reminds me of two people. It reminds me.
Speaker 10: Of Vic the the the quarterback for the for Philadelphia, for the dog fighting. He's making all this money, he's working in the NFL, making a fortune, and he decides to have illegal dog fighting or cock fighting whatever he was doing.
Speaker 6: It is crazy. Then the other one, Hernandez, is even worse.
Speaker 10: He had one of the best contracts out there, making a ton of money in the NFL, and he decides to be a gangster and apparently murder like his brother in law or something. It's like, God, it's so crazy.
Speaker 5: Here's what I have category because cultural.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 17: Well, but it's it's it wasn't hurting a human being. Well, dog, it wasn't hurting.
Speaker 5: A human being. Well I understand that. But what he means is he's a scump.
Speaker 6: It's a different level. I agree, Doc, And yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: Now, and here's the thing, man, they get powerful and they start believing nothing can touch them. Really, that's what it is, if you get right down to it. They start believing they can get away with anything. Did he actually offered fifty million? Fifty million? Ball anyway, So.
Speaker 6: I got this email. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Maybe you got it. Mark about I sent an email about an insane or asks me about an issue with a post office Bellevue post Office.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm rounding it now. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, well let's read that during the break. I'm Tom Martino. By the way, if if you have a problem, question or complaints, still plenty of time to give us a call.
Speaker 6: We got more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here at three O three seven one three talk three oll three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Wow, what a show.
Speaker 5: Got a lot to talk about and we're also talking about earlier I didn't finish it, but we were talking about the rudest cities, and then we were talking about the I started to talk about the friendliest cities, and Oklahoma is ten. Now I'm going to top ten backwards. So Oklahoma's ten. Uh, Raleigh, North Carolina is nine, And they do it by a rudeness scale, and we already went over the roots. And then San Jose, California's number eight, seven Indianapolis, Indiana, six Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and then five Kansas City.
Speaker 6: You know, none of these surprised me.
Speaker 5: I've been to all of these cities and they're all absolutely they're really pleasant. Now Columbus, Ohio, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: I text you saysn't on there, Tom. I find Texans to be so nice.
Speaker 5: You know what, there's not one Texas city on the top ten kindest, but there weren't any on the meanness either. And then you know, and then Columbus had then three, whereas at oh San Diego, hm, and Minneapolis is number two. Now that that is weird. Well, number one the number one friendliest city Omaha, Nebraska.
Speaker 6: Omaha, go big red.
Speaker 5: Now, what do you think about Nebraska as a as a whole.
Speaker 6: It wasn't miles out in Nebraska. He is out there. It's a lot of farmland. Man like one specificity to the next.
Speaker 5: Does he say that the people are nice? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So in any case, you know the the I'm a I love these.
Speaker 5: Uh, I love these uh these uh surveys that I always look up and because it's it's weird how they pick factors, on how they choose they all have different algorithms, so to speak, and and uh. For example, when they rank high schools, it's not all on academic and Colorado high schools, I was a little disappointed on those rankings. Now there are different people that do these different rankings, but I subscribe to a lot of them. And with Colorado high schools, they're ranked not just for academics, of course, it's.
Speaker 6: All around, all around.
Speaker 5: Uh, scholastic plus activities, plus the mood and acceptance and all of that. And what do you think the number one high school, the number one high school for everything, and it has a ninety nine percent, ninety nine percent graduation rate. I have never heard of the high school. It's called Devlen. It's a de apostrophe. Evelyn Devlin has anyone heard about it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Serious, Devlin and it's it. By and by the way, US News and World Report ranked these and that high school was the fifty ninth best in the entire country. It's it's because of their very high are of course rate of a ninety nine percent of the kids graduate. And then listen to this advanced and gifted classes two percent of the students ninety two percent. Normally in a high school they're mostly mouth breathers, and then you get a few and in gifted classes.
Speaker 6: Not with the Evelyn or Devlin, however they pronounce it wow.
Speaker 17: How about how about hey, Tom?
Speaker 15: You know there are a lot of charter schools uh in New York in depressed areas that have over ninety percent college admissions as well. The charter schools do great because the parents and families are involved and the kids want to learn.
Speaker 5: This one all right, This one is Realtor dot Com. Okay, yess what about it States with the least attractive women.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't, No one did that?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 6: Oh come on, really Realtor dot Com?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, Wait, hold on with the least attractive women, they also have the most But I'm looking at states Okay.
Speaker 6: Let me take a guess of women.
Speaker 5: Let me take a guess for the number one least attractive place. Go ahead, let me take a guess.
Speaker 6: I would say they do it by city and state. Which which do you want to do? I would say Alabama would be least attractive. Alabama as his state is number five.
Speaker 17: I would say Mississippi.
Speaker 6: Mississippi is not in the top eight. Oh no, no, no, we're talking to We're talking least attractive.
Speaker 5: Mississippi is number one for least attractive people women? You okay? Women at least attractive women Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 15: I know that because that's the only response I get to my Uh, they're all from Mississippi.
Speaker 6: Oh god, Well, you know, water seeks its own levels.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, I'm not arguing.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let's see, uh what would be? I would say Oklahoma, Oklahoma's number two?
Speaker 6: Well, I got it? See did you look up the thing? No, I swear to God the right deputy scrapper.
Speaker 5: Am I looking? On? I'm not looking, I'm not cheating, I'm not sing.
Speaker 6: I'll be curious.
Speaker 10: Hold on, So Mississippi, Oklahoma, Louisiana top three. Now I'm going to go to men real quick. With the most attractive man, with the most attractive men, hold on least attractive least attractive men.
Speaker 6: Now this is odd. They're completely different, completely different. The least attractive men. Let's see. Let's see. I'll tell you what's funny. Can we say no, we're talking states again.
Speaker 17: This is funny.
Speaker 10: They all do have one thing in common. No teeth, well maybe not, but they have one thing in common politically.
Speaker 6: What is that they're conservative? No, the opposite. Really huh?
Speaker 10: Number one Rhode Island least attractive men. Number Lee Delaware, Connecticut, New Jersey, Mary In Northeast California, New York and Florida.
Speaker 5: Least attractive men, California least attractive men, Land of the movie stars and the starvation diets?
Speaker 17: Or what are the most attractive?
Speaker 6: Which one?
Speaker 1: Men?
Speaker 5: Are women?
Speaker 16: Men?
Speaker 23: Men?
Speaker 10: Most attractive women that most attractive men Number one Montana.
Speaker 5: Okay, cowboys got it, South Dakota, Yep, we got a feed cowboys, Utah, North Dakota, all the cowboys, all the cowboys, Nebraska and Iowa. That they're all freaking cowboys. Man, they got it.
Speaker 6: And then here's the women. Cities with the most attractive women.
Speaker 5: Save a horse ride it, never mind, go ahead, Manhattan, Santa Monica. Now, these are the most attractive women yep in Manhattan, Yeah, yep, yep, Manhattan. What can I say?
Speaker 6: Okay, listen to this one city with the oldest talk show host, Sugar Denver.
Speaker 16: You got.
Speaker 5: Come on, Hey, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three a two five five.
Speaker 6: Hey, she's getting up out of the chair.
Speaker 5: Come on anyway, geez three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Well anyway, Uh, those in favor vote help at troubleshooter dot com. Having sues once in a while host the show when we're not around. Uh, just vote help at troubleshooter dot com. You know, we can always have our experts, our legal help and all that. She would do intros, outros and all of that stuff. And hell that that's an easy I'm putting a poll up right now. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 6: I bet it's over.
Speaker 5: I got to talk to Deputy Scrapper here. He called the company with the solar batteries. Bro, what what happened? Let's uh let me go to a watch out here. Go ahead, sir, what's going on.
Speaker 9: I got a call back from Jared at Solar Sovereign. Yeah, he said that he will accept the charge back and as far as he's concerned, everything is done over with and both parties are free to go there.
Speaker 6: Now, do you have the number to tell the consumer that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I just texted him that I'll call him right after the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Scrapper, this is the first time you're getting my dinger.
Speaker 6: He said, Hey, trust me, there's no pain. Hey, he just got it.
Speaker 5: And and and Mark Mark when I when I'm not here, Mark tries to do the dinger but it doesn't quite doesn't quite doesn't.
Speaker 6: I get it anyway, all right?
Speaker 5: So also I wanted to mention and we have Discount Bass nine eight eighty eight. Describe what they get for that, Chris, Discount Bass dot Com nine eight eighty eight, and that's all in. Go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a tub to shower conversion.
Speaker 18: So we're going to rip out the existing tub and surround down to the studs and the subfloor.
Speaker 9: It'll be a new high quality.
Speaker 18: Acrylic pan, new backer board, new lifetime warranty, acrylic, new shower valve, new shower head, new plumbing, new shower door, So tear it all out, put it all back.
Speaker 5: Nine eight. Now are there upgrades from there? Sure there would be that they wanted to write.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, Yeah, So a color choice or a pattern on the acrylic. So if you wanted it a subway tile or a larger look, yep, colors the black or the brush chrome or something like that.
Speaker 9: That that adds a little bit of cost. Shelves, niche things, things of that nature.
Speaker 5: Now I talk a lot about perimeter drains and what about that. I mean, I mean, because I love permit or drains. Do you do those?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, they're great.
Speaker 9: You're not standing on the drain when you're taking a shower.
Speaker 6: It's just off time, and it's so pretty.
Speaker 5: You have such a beautiful floor and then it's not clutter. Are they an upgrade or are they normally they are?
Speaker 9: They are an upgrade. You got to move the plumbing and the drain itself is actually fairly expensive and the pan changes in cost.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think well worth it.
Speaker 5: People. If it's especially for your dream home or your home right where you're going to be a while. It would be different if it's a transition home than nine eight eighty eight just as it is is good. And again, remember you can always get prices by going to discount bath dot com and you fill out information, then they send you a link. Then you do your video and upload.
Speaker 6: It to that link.
Speaker 5: And how close you can get pretty close with pricing.
Speaker 9: I know you can, because yeah we can. We can get real accurate, especially if we have an idea on the materials that they're after.
Speaker 5: All right, and so, deputy doll a deputy doc or you work. I thought I had something you were working on. Are you working on anything right now?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm trying to get this thing with the dentists straightened out.
Speaker 6: That's the one that was the.
Speaker 5: One I was thinking about.
Speaker 15: And I got a copy of the medical records, but they don't look like normal records. So I'm gonna try and get one of my friends, who's the dentist that you see on the dental board, take a look at it.
Speaker 17: See if you can help guide me.
Speaker 1: To what we need to do.
Speaker 5: All right? Good three three seven one three oh no, three h three Martino, you can call twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 10: And we got a great attorney coming in tomorrow too, so everybody stay tuned.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely and we are here to help you to solve your problems, Answer your question, take your commaints.
Speaker 6: Three oh three Martina