Speaker 1: Oh bed of the aar, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name is Jonathan. I'm Jacob, Jacob taking away my good sir brother.
Speaker 2: You know that I have a very eclectic musical taste, right, if you were to hit shuffle on my phone.
Speaker 3: I said this a million times, but it's very true.
Speaker 2: Anything from death metal to Mozart to Frank Sinatra to old country because new country is trash and anything in between, it's probably gonna play. There's probably gonna be some gangster rap. There's probably gonna be some trap music. That's it's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We've gone on car riots, We've gone on road trips, and you look at me like I'm a fucking psychopath. How my musical taste will shift song to song to song Like there's no there's no vibe that I'm ever on.
Speaker 3: I'm all over the place.
Speaker 1: Bro That Irish folk music just hits different on a road trip, yo, it does.
Speaker 2: Though Irish drinking music goes hard pretty much twenty four to seven, you know. But so I am actually a pretty prolific fan of classical music of opera, right. I love Bach, I love Mozart, I love these old composers that were musical geniuses.
Speaker 3: Of their day and age.
Speaker 2: Right, and Mozart is a particularly interesting case study in and of himself. Right, take all the other things you hear about him. Yes, he was the absolute musical prodigy. Yes, he was composing before I think it was like before he hit puberty, he had already written his first whole composition. He could pretty much play any instrument after watching it be played for like thirty seconds, then he could jump on it and play it like give a whole masterclass on it. Essentially, it just the man had God given talent when it came to the musical art form.
Speaker 1: Right, what is going on today? That is the second time that you brought up something that I was just recently like looking into. Well, I mean you mentioned something earlier that we'll talk about later, and that was kind of a weird coincidence, and then you mentioned like classical music, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, that kind of shit. I just saw a video last night. I got really fucking baked, right, and you know my nightly ritual. I saw this video and this guy was like, look, I'm not saying what it is. I just want you to go and listen to it. He goes, listen to Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, second movement marked out Greto, and he goes, just close your eyes and see where it takes you. And he believes that that is proof that we live in a simulate, like some kind of simulation or a matrix or something like that, because your mind literally takes you to another place. Whenever you listen to this kind of music, which I listened to it, I was like, am I just high? Or am I going someplace right now? And it's wild. It really does take you on some kind of It's like a guided journey, almost without words.
Speaker 3: I fully agree with that.
Speaker 2: I know Beethoven's Seventh Symphony very well and I fucking love it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I think Beethoven was a lot better before he went to death. Don't get me wrong with the fact that he was still able to compose masterpieces that we still listen to today after he went in death, just off of the vibrations that he could feel in his chest, and he would know how that music would resonate regard like that's That's what I'm saying. There is a level of not even intellect, there's intuition, there is, there is real God given talent beyond the scope of something that can be learned. That some of these composers from back in the day were really on one.
Speaker 1: It's the internal intelligence that is within all of us. How does does a deaf person hear in their dreams? You know, does a deaf person hear their thoughts? I would imagine they do, right, And it's that kind of you know, sixth sense or whatever it is that probably allowed him to compose music whenever he was deaf.
Speaker 2: Right, And we've said this a million times and has been confirmed by all metrics.
Speaker 3: Existence is nothing.
Speaker 2: More than vibrations and frequencies, right, And I'm not going on some spiritual woo woo talk on that. That's just the fact of the matter atoms vibrating or what make up the entirety of the matter around us. Whether it's the air you're breathing, or whether it's the vape in your hand, or your phone or your heart beating whatever, it's all a series of atoms that are vibrating at certain rates and certain frequencies to make up physical matter of solid, liquid, gas, plasma.
Speaker 3: And that's the realm that we live in. So to say that music which is literally vibrations in motion that can make you feel a type of way. And I know that depends on the person. There are some people that will listen to opera music and be like, oh, this is garbage, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But then there's other people that an opera will literally bring them to tears, right, and it is everything in between.
Speaker 1: Everybody has felt something from a song in their lives. It doesn't matter if it's classical whatever. I mean. I I know grown men that cry like babies listening to country music. You know, it's like, and not not to make fun of anybody, I mean, it's just something that is happening to your body that's taken you to a place in your mind that you know it maybe brings up a past memory or that time you heard that song in that moment that you wish you had back kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, I still can't listen to Landslide by Stevie Nicks without crying still to this day. That's that I only have like three songs that like instantaneously I will tear up.
Speaker 3: Landslide is one of them.
Speaker 1: D dude, I'm that same way with a Pearl jam last kiss.
Speaker 3: Yup, I get it?
Speaker 1: Where oh where came up?
Speaker 3: Bababy.
Speaker 1: I've never even had somebody like, I'm not even gonna put that out in the universe, but yeah, it's a yeah, there's some music just does it to you.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, this morning, as I was contemplating the things I wanted to get researched in on right, I was walking through Barnes and Nobles, just kind of mine in my business. I'm perusing there's some some halloween books out in the kids section. I thought, maybe I can get my kids a cute little halloween book, you know, one of the little uh you're my most favoritest ghosty or something, these little cute little books. And I look over in another section and I see this book called The Magic Flute, and it dawned on me. I was like, hoh on, I know that that's a story. That's a very old story. And I was trying to remember, is that like like an Asop's Fables type of thing. Is this a Brother's Grim type of thing?
Speaker 3: What is it? So I did a little bit of research into it.
Speaker 2: The Magic Flute is actually a story that was posed by Wolfgang Amadeus.
Speaker 3: Mozart in the late seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Right, it is an opera, and it is a very famous story that has been told over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was interesting. Cool. I guess they made it into a children's book.
Speaker 2: Some of the themes are a little bit on the fantastical side of things, and it would probably make a pretty solid children's book. Then I saw this little excerpt that said that there was a lot of controversy surrounding this particular composition, And then I found myself on a deep dive to show that this entire play, this entire opera, was an homage to the initiation practices of Freemasons.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of such things, Jonathan?
Speaker 1: I have never, But I'm I can't say that I'm too surprised because they get down with some weird shit they do.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so buckle up, everybody, let's get into it here. I got a couple of videos that are gonna play very short, very very short videos. Got some articles are going to read that are going to talk about Mozart's background, where the Freemasons do tie into this play opera rather, how many operas are masonically based what do the Masons feel about music in itself right? Or is it just us as a series of vibrations to be used during a ritual? Or is there some real magic with a k that is being used in a lot of our music that we listen to today We're.
Speaker 3: Going to get into all of it.
Speaker 2: Some things that you should probably see for yourself would be the videos talking about the magic flutes, if you would like to see these rather than just hear the talks about them.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, Where can they go?
Speaker 1: Patreon dot com, slash Cultive Conspiracy Podcast. It's the best way to be able to support us over there, and we appreciate all the good cult members who have done so. If you come over there, you'll be able to have access to every single video that we put up, along with being able to slide into our dms. Maybe you have a show suggestion or something like that. The one of the main reasons why most people go over to Patreon is because it is completely so Yeah, come check that out. You get all of that for five dollars a month. We do I don't even know infinite number of episodes every month. I don't it's too much math that I can't do in my own head, and I'm pretty good at math. But whenever it comes to the amount of episodes that you get for five dollars a month, completely commercial free and days in advance, and being able to just join the good community of Cult members at Patreon, that is the best bang for your buck. But if you want to take it even a step farther than that, then you can sign up for the Third Eye all the way open to here, and that gives you access to be able to come and hang out with us every Tuesday night for the Cult Member Live Show. It happens every Tuesday night at nine pm Central, and it's always a banger. We just did it last night as a time of recording, and dude, three hours flies by. Whenever you're speaking with family, you know, like the family family, not the family that you're stuck with, the family that you chose, you.
Speaker 2: Know, fucking right, man, It's always a good time. Come check us out on the live every Tuesday night. And like you said, that's the only place to see these videos. You might catch a clip on the youtubess or on the social medias or something. We have clips that we have released to the public. This is the only spot to see the entire video. It's worth your time. It's worth your five dollars, I can promise you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check us out. Yeah. And also before we get into this video, I just want to throw this out there. And I don't know, maybe I was just real late to the party, but I recently, well not recently, I just kind of remembered that I learned it not that long ago. But the term universe literally means one song. Did you know that? I mean universe like one verse verse, so, and it says it suggests harmonious and interconnected existence. This interpretation and emphasizes unity and the idea that everything in the universe is part of a single, cohesive, whole universe.
Speaker 3: Very very interesting, Okay.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love that etymological breakdown of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, real quick, this is a three minute overall synopsis of Mozart's Magic Flute for anybody who has never seen the opera. There's a few key songs within it that are very iconic that I promise you have heard at some point in your life, just because you live in modern society. Right, there's a few, a few songs, right, they have made their way into very popular movies, very popular.
Speaker 3: Cartoons because they are so iconic.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, here is the overarching plot to Mozarts the Magic Flute.
Speaker 4: Let's Go the Magic Flute is a fairy tale with themes of love and good versus evil. The opera is divided into two acts. In Act one, Tomino, a prince, is alone in the woods fleeing from a deadly serpent. He faints but is saved by three ladies who are the attendants of the Queen of the Knight. Tomino wakes up and here's someone coming. It's Popagano, a bird catcher. Tomino assumes that it was Popagano who saved him, and the two become friends. The three ladies return and explain that it was they who's save Tomino, and they give him a picture of Pamina, the Queen of the Knight's daughter. Tomino falls in love with the portrait, but is told that Pamina has been kidnapped by Zerastro, a high priest. Tomino vows to rescue Pamina. Hearing this, the queen arrives and offers Tomino her daughter's hand in marriage if he is successful to aid in their quest. Tomino is given a magic flute, and Papagano is given a set of magic bells. Tomino and Papagano are led to Zarastro's temple by three spirits. Papagano scouts ahead. He finds Pomina and reassures her that she will soon be rescued. Tomino sneaks into the temple and goes in search of Papagano and Pimina. They all run into Ziostro and his followers. It turns out that Zerostro is kind and wise, and he insists that Tomino must undergo a series of tests to prove himself worthy of Pomina. Enact two, with the series of tests about to begin, Ziostro explains that he kidnapped Pamina from her evil mother, the Queen of the Knight, because Tomino and Pemina are meant to be together. Popagano is also promised a wife if he successfully can completes the trials. In preparation, they must remain silent. Tomino and Papagano are not allowed to speak. Meanwhile, the Queen appears before Pamina and tries to convince her to kill Ziostro. The Queen sings her famous aria d'arho luraja, which translates as a hellish rage burns in my heart. But the Queen of the Knight's efforts are in vain. Tomino and Pamina meet again, but because he is not allowed to speak, Pamina fears Tomino no longer loves her. The three spirits reassure Pamina that Tomino does love her. Tomino declares he is ready to be tested, and together with Pamina, faces the trials of water and fire. With the aid of the eponymous magic flute. They are successful. Papagano meanwhile plays his magic bells and his destined wife, Papagana appears. He is filled with joy. Papagano and Papa againa seeing their signature duet. The Queen of the Night is angered by everyone's love and success. She returns to destroy the temple, but she is cast out into the darkness forever. All is well, everyone is thankful, and they watched the sunrise together. And that is the story of the Magic Flute.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So there was a few of those musical notes that you probably have recognized at some point in time, because it's just very iconic.
Speaker 1: I couldn't help but think of Mario and Luigi trying to go save Peach from Bowser that whole time.
Speaker 2: It's very possible that that was a little bit of the inspiration. I don't know that for a fact, but that also would check out. Now, I do want to make mention of something, right, we have a Queen of the Night figure who presents herself as the good guy whose daughter was kidnapped by Dister, the evil king of the day. Right, he's like a son king and she's a Queen of the Knight. Real quick, before we go any further, are we seeing a little bit of dichotomy, right? A sun being a male figure, the moon being a female figure.
Speaker 3: The daytime being the nighttime being all these things.
Speaker 2: Now we have Zoraster, who is very very close to Zorasthustra, which was a Zoroastrian guy or deity prophet for lack of better words, but he represents the East right and possibly Eastern philosophies.
Speaker 3: The Queen of the Nights.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about who she represents here in a little bit, but my point is, you also notice there was a lot of symbolisms of threes, right, three women that saved him, three spirits that kept guiding him. These types of things, this trial that took place, all of these things are gonna come a little more into.
Speaker 3: Focus as we get through this episode.
Speaker 1: It's very, very cult like for sure, nothing wrong with that. It's just symbolism, is really what it is.
Speaker 2: But to the people that would not know any different if I never told you any of the things that just pointed out, that seems like a very good story and opera. There were some themes that were being presented, but nothing outside of the realm of what you might call, you know, fantasy.
Speaker 1: It's a story with multiple levels. A little kid can can you know, see that story and take it at face value whatever is in front of the kid. And the older you get, the more dare I say, initiated you become, and you know, more enlightened you are. You can see the forest through the trees.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed, so real quick, we're just gonna look at the brief overview on the wiki about The Magic Flute. The Magic Flute is an opera in two acts by Wolfgang Amades Mozart to a German libretto by Emmanuel Schitznader, probably mispronouncing that it is a singspiel, which is a popular form that includes booth singing and spoken dialogue. It wasn't what we'd say, possibly like what we call today a musical, right, like you see a movie that's a musical. There's some spoken dialogue and then they'll break out in a song. For reasons, right, This is more or less a modern rendition of a singspiel, which Mozart was kind of one of the pioneers of the work. Premiered on the thirtieth of September seventeen ninety one at that theater and the Frauhause Theater aufder.
Speaker 3: Veeden in Vienna. Okay, so this all took place in Austria.
Speaker 2: This is also very very important the location that this took place, because at the time when this was going down, Austria was being ran by the Holy Roman Impress, which we'll get to in a bit, who was not very fond of Freemasons or Protestants or Jews, even though her husband was Francis the First of Austria, was a zealous free She like hated it for all these reasons. We will talk about it later, but we have to keep in mind Mozart didn't just do things just to do them.
Speaker 3: He did things with a purpose.
Speaker 2: Now, whether that purpose was to entertain that is still a purpose, right.
Speaker 3: If it was to convey a message, okay.
Speaker 2: Fine, if it was to be a slight at the royalty in charge at that time, while also acting as a recruiting tool for his Masonic lodge. Because Mozart was in fact a free mason, this was kind of one of those killed two birds of one stone thing. And then he goes ahead and puts down one of the most iconic plays operas ever composed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and honestly he I mean, he was a Freemason, so he probably uh conducted the music as part of some kind of ritual for freemasonry.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We will get into that as well, absolutely, because freemasonry has what they call working tools, right, and they're things that you've seen before. The square, the plum, the compass, the twenty four inch ruler which is supposed to be sectioned off into three equal sections for harmony, the trowel, the gavel. They these are they're working tools right of their craft. That being said, they also have other, for lack of better words, quote unquote, tools that you would use for your own spiritual enlightenment, for your own moral development these types of things, and it's not a physical gavel or a physical trowel. These are things that are more like lessons that you can gain and apply to your life. Does this makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, symbols that were always all around them and they attached meaning to them, because you know, it's like, you're not just gonna look at a you know, as you said that, what was it a twenty four inch ruler or something like that, which, by the way, I just heard something about the number eight as far as symbology goes. So the number eight, a lot of people just look at it as if it's like only stands for infinity. But and not to say that that's not what it is, but it also can be understood in another way to where if you look at an eight, it usually whenever you're making an eight, there's the smaller circle on top and the bigger circle on the bottom, almost like the microcosm on top of the on top of the macrocosm, or you know, like the unenlightened version of you on top of the enlightened version of you. You know, there's many different ways to be able to interpret it. But it's just as far as the symbolism of just the eight goes and that's section into three, which is pretty interesting. As you mentioned earlier that almost everything divinely is inspired by the number three. So I don't know, and I'm just that's my weird occult mind.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I think that that's also the intention here, and I've only heard it, and you might be completely correct as far as like how the eight like you can see right here on the eighteen fifteen, the little circle over the big circle right.
Speaker 3: I could see where you're going with that.
Speaker 2: The way I heard it broke down was that eight three times, and then that's infinity thrice. Right, we're talking about a trifecta or a triune of perfect infinities that you would use for the harmonious balance thereof Now they say, of course, in their esotericism, that this would be like the three head of Father, Son, Holy Spirit, or you know, it depends on which side of masonry you're on, if you're on the Christian esotericism or if you're on the eastern side of it, but.
Speaker 3: Either way it goes. That's how I heard it broke down.
Speaker 2: It's very possible that there's levels within levels, just in the twenty four inch that could be broken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, that's just my way of looking at it. I have no idea how they look at it fair and it's not even my way. It's just something that I heard that I thought was.
Speaker 3: Interesting, no doubt. Okay, So back to it now.
Speaker 2: It premiered on the thirtieth of September seventeen ninety one, just two months before Mozart's death.
Speaker 3: This was Mozart's last opera.
Speaker 2: It was an outstanding success from its first performances, and it remains a staple of the opera repertoire. In the opera, the Queen of the Night persuades Prince Tomino to rescue your daughter from captivity under the High Priest Sirostro.
Speaker 3: Now they said Sarastro with a S.
Speaker 2: But you could see the connection to Zora and Sora there right, Like, it's not that far of a stretch to say that this may have been a And especially if you see the images of his temple.
Speaker 3: Did that door not look very Eastern, very Arabic?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, for sure. I mean you take creative liberties whenever you're making your own story.
Speaker 3: For sure. For sure.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying he was I think that was also most Art's way of showing the east versus West as far as the philosophical conversation goes.
Speaker 3: But I digress.
Speaker 1: Smulti dimensional this conversation, dude.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Instead, he learns the high ideals of Sirostro's community and seeks to join it separately. Then, together to Mino and Pamina, undergo severe trials of initiation, which end in triumph when with the queen and her cohorts vanquished, the earthly Pappagino, who accompanies Tomino on his quest, fails the trials completely, but is rewarded anyway with the hand of his ideal female companion. So your boy with the bell has actually failed the test, but he was still rewarded in the end for being such a faithful companion. Anyway, we don't need to get into the composition of it. It's just kind of what it is. I just wanted to show that there was a background to it. All they actually give on the Wikipedia page. They give a breakdown of each act, each scene, all the things with it. But we kind of heard the overarching themes in the video, so there's no real need to, you know, go that deep with it.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on this kind of understanding like multi dimensions to one story or to one song, and you know, almost for the initiated to get the entire picture, like what do you think about this? And in general?
Speaker 2: So and you know that I'm a Christian, right, I've never been shy about this fact. I think that that plays a lot in to everything. How many times have you heard me say that context is key?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that you need to be some sort of an initiate to read the Bible, for instance, at its entirety, but you do have to look at it through a certain scope. If you're reading it like a story, reading it just cover to cover, you're not going to get anything out of it that's really supposed to hit you hard. You do need to know the time, the place, and the audience. You have to do research to figure out what this was supposed to mean to this audience, to see what was supposed to be, like what you were supposed to glean from it, what was the actual message, not that it was like some sleight of handwork, but you also have to know what you're looking at to make sense of it.
Speaker 3: I think that that is the way that this was.
Speaker 2: Done, and there's tons of information like this, Like as far as the Freemasons are concerned, the initiated, basically, they just teach you how to look at things and see what is actually being conveyed. They do that through a series of secrets, right, And that's I get this one hundred percent, But I mean that's the way it is for a lot of things. Huck Finn that book, if you were to read that today, you'll be questioning a few very key points in the book. You need to know what America was like during the day and age that that book was written, Right. You need to understand why this was so crazy? Why this wasn't that crazy? Why do they keep calling this dude this word?
Speaker 3: And John?
Speaker 2: He could have just called him John, Like he didn't need to keep calling him in word John the entire book.
Speaker 3: That was unneeded.
Speaker 2: But like you got to understand the time and the place and the audience.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? And I just you know, it just reminds me of something that The reason why I asked that is because you always say a quote, and you haven't said it in a while, but there's this quote that you always say. You don't give a baby meat, you know, you give the baby the milk, right, And as far as these kind of multi dimensional I don't even know if that's the right term, but just like layered, level, layered type of story, right, And I think that, you know, for the masses, most people are just gonna be They're gonna be totally happy just with that milk. And there's nothing wrong with that. You don't need to go and not everybody needs to go on some kind of spiritual journey to understand the universe or understand God or anything like that. But some people milk ain't enough, and some people need that meat, and we need those veggies, and we need that fucking Tony's on there. And while you're at it, get me a cup of kianki, you know, as Jim Carrey would say, it's like you need a little bit of extra something because the milk is not enough. And I feel like, you know, your boy Mozart probably thought that way too.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: And the milk would be the synopsis we just heard, right, the if you were just a person. Oh, Mozart just dropped a new opera, bro, let's go check it out this weekend.
Speaker 3: What's up? It's dropping at the theater.
Speaker 2: You go and see it, you'll lead there being like, bro, that would tell me that was.
Speaker 3: Not a banger of a show. Come on.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, if you were an initiated free Mason and you went and solve this performance, you would be like, wow, he really did encapsulate everything that goes into the initiation practices and rituals of our order.
Speaker 3: That was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: A literal masterpiece. Yeah, right, and masterpiece.
Speaker 2: Then the guy just saw it that didn't know anything would look at you be like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 2: The story with the witch and the queen and the what are you talking about the initiation.
Speaker 3: To your order?
Speaker 2: What do you this story? There's a fantasy And they'd be like, m I'll bet you think so. I'll bet you would think so.
Speaker 1: That milk tastes good, don't it, Bud? Exactly. So with that being said, let's go to another synopsis. This is from the Ted Talk series where they do give a brief synopfice of the play and then they break down it's more Masonic, an esoteric and occult meaning. Then we're gonna get into even more of a breakdown of how this is an understood fact, not just a hypothetical.
Speaker 3: Let's listen.
Speaker 6: In a boy named Prince Tomino runs through a dark wood pursued by a dragon. Just as it rears up to devour him, three mysterious ladies appear and slay the dragon with their fierce battle cry. So begins Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Ditzaubaflirta, or The Magic Flute. This fantasy Zinschpiel, a type of folk opera with music and dialogue, premiered in seventeen ninety one in Vienna. Though it may seem like a childish fairy tale, this intricate opera is full of subversive symbolism, and it's now regarded as one of the most influential operas in history. Tomino's run in with the dragon is only the start of his journey. The three women summon their leader, the Queen of the Night. She, in turn, sends Tomino on a quest to rescue her daughter Pamina from the evil sorcerer Zorostro, and to help him on his journey, she gives him the titular magic flute. Tomino eventually finds Pamina at Zorostro's temple, but behind enemy lines, Tamino and Pamina learn that they're on the wrong side. The Queen of Night actually wants to plunge the world into darkness. Everything Tomino thought he knew was wrong, filling him with.
Speaker 1: Doubt and confusion.
Speaker 6: So a new quest begins for Tomino and Pamina. They must pass three trials of wisdom, and only then can the day vanquish the Knight. Helped by the flute's magic power, the two youths overcome these trials and the Queen's attempts to sabotage them. They're finally initiated in to the Temple, having restored balance to the kingdom. Many elements in this peculiar fairy tale were inspired by Mozart's involvement in Freemasonry, a network of fraternal organizations throughout Europe. Much of their history, symbolism, and ritual came from the Middle Ages, but the Freemasons of Mozart's time were also influenced by eighteenth century European ideals rationalism, humanism, and skepticism towards traditional authorities like monarchy and the church. The symbols of Freemasonry and these ideals of the Enlightenment are found throughout the opera. If this sounds like a conspiracy theory, that's because it sort of was at the time, but it's now taken quite seriously and has been the subject of considerable scholarly publication. For example, some Mozart scholars believe the Queen of the Knight symbolizes Maria Teresa, the Empress of the Holy Roman Empire, who opposed freemasonry and band it in Austria. While there continues to be debate as to the specific meaning, interpretation, and location of these Masonic references, scholars agree that they're there and are fully intentional. One of these symbols is the number three, which represented balance and order to Freemasons. Now the number three is, of course easy to find in any work of storytelling, but it's particularly prominent in the Magic Flute, Three Trials, three Ladies, three spirits, and three Doors. Much of the music is written in E flat major, which has three flats in its key signature, and historically Masonic rituals began with three knocks. The opera references them by opening with three majestic chords, complete with dramatic pauses. Those chords, which reoccur throughout the opera serve another purpose. They capture the dramatic arc of the opera. In literature. The first chord, E flat major, is in its most natural root position, simple and unadorned. It echoes the childlike prince Tomino, who, in his naivete, accepts everything the Queen and her ladies say without question. The second chord is C minor, a sour sonority that mirrors Tomino's sadness and doubt. In the middle of the opera, that's when his world and notions of good and evil get turned on their heads. And good and evil are just two of the opera's extreme opposites. It features some of the highest and lowest notes in opera day and night, simple hummable melodies, and complicated, forward looking music. The opera's central theme concerns balancing these extremes to achieve perfect harmony. To reflect this, the final chord in the opening restores musical order. It returns to the triumphant E flat major, the same chord at started with, but inverted, meaning Mozart moved the bottom note to the top. Although it retains its original harmony, the chord sounds higher, pointing towards enlightenment. That's similar to Tomino, who, in passing his trials, restores balance to the kingdom while growing stronger, wiser, and more complete.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: That is That's That's another way I think of telling the story of the Full's journey if you really think about it, like the Full, you know, he's just this fucking idiot. He has one foot dangling over a cliff, he has his knapsack, He's just ready to start this journey, right, doesn't know what ahead of him, dude, right, just kind of like childlike, right, very excited, which it started out, and then he comes upon, you know, some struggles and dark times which could be represented by you know, if we're talking about the tarot and the Full's journey could be represented or represent the Tower card maybe, and then finally gets to the end enlightened with the World card.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I'm pretty interested to something here, I really do. I think that there And like they said, there's a lot of stories that have been told of this where it's this person that has to go through these trials, go through these tribulations, and they achieve success on the other side of them, right, And this is a tale as old as time, honestly as far as the magic flute is concerned. You can see now breaking it down in that way, that this was not only meant to be a multi level story being told. Even the musical composition, the words that we're saying and spoken, the story of the night queen versus the day King, the East versus the West, the lies of the initiation, all of this this was intentionally done to be a bit of a conspiracy in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Dude, this is expert level composition like that is so so well thought out that it speaks a story on every level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Just the musical notes themselves tell a story. The story on stage tells a story. The imagery, if you're deaf and you can't even hear what's going on, and you can't even hear the dialogue, just the set in the scenes playing out a certain way tell a story. It's this is what I'm saying. Mozart was literally a genius. Now, granted, he was a bit of a a vagrant, a little bit of a He was into some some things, a little bit of some malarkey. Your boy liked to fuck you, boy like to party hard. You know, I'm not judging. I got no room to judge, but also like, that's the thing. It's like, when you get to that level of being an absolute genius, there's certain parts of your mind that are just going off and doing their own shit.
Speaker 1: I think it's more so that like, and I've actually been putting some thought into this too, because my life has been pretty damn hecked over the past couple of years, and I don't know, I just started to think, like, I'm not even saying that I'm anywhere near the enlightened by any means, but I looking at it through that lens. It's like maybe once you do become enlightened, or you know, deeply initiated into all of the mystical stories and the understandings of the universe and stuff like that, maybe once you do, it's like you just don't take this life as seriously anymore because you know that this is a lower level to the grander scheme.
Speaker 3: I think it might be on something there. It's like a ignorance is bliss right.
Speaker 2: And you see these people that they're living a simple life and they got their little nine to five, take care of the kids, and they get home from work, they just have their little thing. Maybe they go on like a vacation a year. They're not like out there trying to learn new things. They're not out there trying to break the mold and start something new. They're just kind of doing their little thing. And you notice they don't really have much controversy, They don't really have much struggle and strife in their life aside from like the normal stuff that everybody deals with. Then you have people that really do try to set out on their own to blaze their own path to make something for themselves, and they have to fight and claw every fucking step of the way to gain an inch for themselves.
Speaker 3: I think you might be.
Speaker 1: On to say, but I think most of those most people, not even most of those people, most people in reality don't know that you can. Most times you're the one that's in your own way, like it's life is just going to be life. It's your perspective about how you interpret that life. And so there's things especially involved within you know, the mysteries and the initiatory kind of stuff that there. They understand transmutation, which is an incredible tool if you can, you know, kind of harness that and the idea of transmutation is about like, all right, whenever something bad happens to you, you have an opportunity to react, you know, animalistically and just you know, kind of get very emotional and struggle with it, or or you can look at it as life's not happening to you, it's happening for you, all right. Well, now if you change the perspective on that, well, that was a test that I was just you know, that's that was an opportunity for me to grow. And if I instantly reacted like an animal would, then I'm not growing. I'm staying the same. And so that's kind of the idea is that if you don't allow things to bother you in some kind some kinds of way, and you have majority control over your thoughts and your emotions, then life gets a hell of a lot easier. Like you just got to get out of your own way. You are the bearer at the gate. That's like you in your mind, according just to your perspective here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think you're on a sum here.
Speaker 2: And again, of course it depends on the course of you're choosing, right, it depends on There are certain people that are born to a certain class of way wealth that anything they really just want to do. They have the means and they have the funds and it's not a struggle or anything.
Speaker 3: They just fucking do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the worst thing that's ever happened to you is the worst thing that's ever happened to you, regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing a picture of it was two dogs, right, and they were it looked like they both went through like eight inches of mud and it was like a blonde lab versus the chihuahua. You could see where the level of mud was on both of them. They went through an equal puddle, and it was like, look, just because y'all went through the same struggle doesn't mean it affected you the same way.
Speaker 1: But even in that story, the chihuahua could potentially just look at it and like, I don't know, maybe he's like a like a little kid playing in the mud and it's a fun time, and like this this is a journey, and you know that's that whole thing. And the idea is the old quote is is that the the journey is the obstacle, right, and so like if you can kind of transcend that and not wallow in self defeat and say pour me and pity me and all those things you're right to say. So, like nobody's gonna tell you that you're wrong to say you know, or wrong to feel bad for yourself. But it's the idea of being able to overcome those kinds of things that turns it into the journey that it was meant to be.
Speaker 3: Now I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that to your point about how the worst thing that's ever happened to you is the worst.
Speaker 3: The worst thing that's ever happened to you.
Speaker 2: Whether it's to the world or to the outside looking in, that might be like, brother, that was not that big of a deal, get over it, But to you it might have been the worst thing. Everybody's got their struggles, everybody's got their tribulations, their hurdles and all these things. You're right, it's about how you overcome them or do you let them overtake you.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, just imagine, like, you know, an ancient king. Let's just say of like the year five hundred, right, and that ancient king probably you know, was sitting in his palace. He had you know, servants and maids and butlers and cooks and all these different things, right, but he still had to sit in heat all day. He's still never had a cold, you know what I'm saying. He still had to ride on a horse and buggy. He would look at you and be like your complaining, you know what I mean. So it's all really all about perspective. Even the most renowned, you know, illustrious, super wealthy kings of old would be jealous of what you have.
Speaker 2: I agree. I forget what movie I was watching. I think it was the Dracula series that came on Netflix. It was like a four part mini series. It was really dope, by the way, but basically Dracula in his coffin. He wakes up and it's like this year I think it was like the year twenty seventeen or something, and he's in this like shit apartment in England and the girl gets there and she's like, what are you doing here? And he's like, you know what, you must be so wealthy to have all these things.
Speaker 3: What kingdom do you resign? Fro him?
Speaker 2: She's like this place is a dump, and he's like, I have been alive for thousands of years and if I can get the smartest and wisest kings of all that time to sit in this room, they would never leave this room again.
Speaker 3: He was watching a TV.
Speaker 2: He was watching a sunrise on the TV, and he could like it was. It was mind blowing air conditioning, running water, a fucking freezer with ice in it. Bro what But yeah, to your point, it's perspective. Yeah, it all ties down to perspective.
Speaker 1: And that's what a lot of like the maybe it's freemasonic, you know, whatever kind of accult like nature of a lot of things are just by being able to shift your perspective. That's most of it is about that.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. Now, let's talk about perspective right quick. Let's talk about the perspective of the day and age of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He was living in Austria at this time, and the Impress of Austria was a woman by the name of Maria Teresa. We heard about that in the Ted video there saying that some scholars believe that the Night Queen was supposed to be her. Now that's not a a certified guaranteed thing. However, it is a perspective that I tend to side on as far as it goes. Is that supposed to be Mother Teresa was no, no, no, no, no, mother Teresa was an Indian nun.
Speaker 1: Okay was Teresa mother Teresa? Was that her name or is that just like a title thing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, No, that was her I believe that was her actual birth name. And she became a nun and became instead of just Teresa of uh well, it was the city. It wasn't a capula, that's a Roman city. Uh cattl Calcutta.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Instead just being like Teresa of Calcutta, she became mother Teresa of Calcutta.
Speaker 3: But anyway, but so, but Teresa is a very old name. That's it's very very old.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, her real name. Let me just share this.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, all right, old let me uh, let me see what you're working with here.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 3: I pulled something pulled up on my screen.
Speaker 1: But her real name was on jez gon Cha Bolgillo.
Speaker 3: I don't speak Indian or Indi all empire. Yeah, yeah, all that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That's why I was wondering because most of those like kings and whatever they were, like, they just take after names of venerated saints or whatever you know.
Speaker 2: Right, And for that point, I don't know if like the Empress Maria Theresa. I don't know if that was her birth name or not, but she broke up Freemason lodges by force in Austria in seventeen forty three. So by the time the Magic Flute was composed right in the year seventeen ninety one, she was already well known to knock it down with Freemasons.
Speaker 3: Now, while she was hostile.
Speaker 2: Towards Freemasons due to her religious convictions, her husband, Francis the First was a zealous Freemason. The lodges in Vienna were largely tolerated due to her forty year reign because of his influence. The seventeen forty three incident is an example of her specific actions against the organization despite her husband's protection. That was when she broke up the lodge one of them anyway. Now, a more long lasting band on Freemasonry and Austria came later in the year seventeen ninety five after her death when her son took over. Now, why was she so hostile towards Freemasons, And keep in mind the Illuminati were also founded in seventeen seventy six in Bohemia in Austria.
Speaker 3: In this area of the world, Bavaria, So Bavaria.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but that's also like right there, the Austria situation, all these things, like keep in mind Hitler was from Austria but took over Germany and then that's called Bavaria. It's these are like, it's kind of interchangeable. I know, there's gonna be some history nuts that are going to tell me that, no, Bavaria and Austria are completely separate from it.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, Look.
Speaker 1: It's like Rome is not the same Rome as it was in yesteryear.
Speaker 2: This is like saying Sicily and Naples, which are on polar opposite ends of the country of Italy, are not equally itally. It's like, yes, there's a very very different culture in both of these places, but they're both in that same neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, Yeah, under the same imaginary lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: So, all that being said, the Illuminati was popping off seventeen seventy six. Masonry had been around for a very long time, so what was her issue with secret groups as a whole?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Maria Theresa was strongly against free Masonry for a combination of religious, political, and personal reasons, as a devout and pious Roman Catholic. She adhered her church's staunch opposition to the secretive and Enlightenment influenced organizations. Now, she was trained by Jesuit priests, right, they were her teachers growing up. So she had a fondness of the Jesuits. But she had a I don't want to say disdain, but she did not get down with Protestants. She instead of hating them, she tried to convert them. That was her big thing. Her big thing was religious unity for her nation. She was convinced that religious unity was necessary for a peaceful and stable state.
Speaker 3: The Masons, on the.
Speaker 2: Other hand, promoted a form of religious tolerance, which she explicitly rejected and viewed as a danger to state order. Now, the Catholic Church viewed Free Masonry's principles of religious indifference, indifference being like this idea that members from any religion could equally be pleasing to God. They saw this as a form of heresy, right, And we've talked about that with Freemasonry. The G within their compass and square that just means grand Architect. It could mean God, it could mean whatever, But that's what is originally supposed to be whether you are a Buddhist, a Muslim, Vedic, whatever. If you believe in some higher power, some entity that created all this, then you're welcome with Freemasonry, and that was seen by the Catholics as a form of heresy. Maria Theresa and her advisors shared this view, seeing Masons as undermining the primacy of the Catholic faith. Plus the whole thing with secrecy, secrecy surrounding the Masonic rituals and the oaths for that memberships. Excuse me, the oaths that members swore to one another were viewed with deep suspicion by the Church and the state. They were seen as potentially replacing or overwriting a subject's loyalty to their monarch and their God. So clearly we cannot have this now. On the political side of things, the Enlightenment ideals that were going on here, the secretive nature of the lodges and the intellectual discussions that took place within them were tied to the ideas of Enlightenment. We've talked about that many times. These new ideas challenged traditional, divinely ordained monarchical rule, and Maria Theoriesley was deeply traditional in her understanding of her office. She was one of these people that truly believed that if you were born into royalty to lead a nation, you wire ordained by God to do so. Right, You're not speaking on behalf of God, but God wanted you in that position. Otherwise you wouldn't have been born into this family in the timeframe that you were.
Speaker 3: So this is just the way it must be.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Enlightenment revivalist thing that was going on at this time was kind of throwing a wrench in those gears, and they were getting a lot of the well and well well influenced the well to do the well educated people, specifically men together to discuss opposing ideas, and that's dangerous. Of course, there was also a Prussian rivalry here. Maria Teresa's chief rival was Frederick the Great of Prussia, a prominent and vocal Freemason. Her opposition was fueled by suspicion that her Prussian enemy could use Austrian Masonic lodges as a tool for political influence or espionage. Keep in mind, her husband was a Freemason and a really tight homie of Mozart, I might add, so while she's over here trying to rule the Holy Roman Empire. Her husband's over here playing Masonic lodge with this Mozart guy, and how do I know he's not also with the Prussian king. It's you see, she already had some conspiratorial thinking going on.
Speaker 1: Here, So it makes sense then that Mozart would view her as that evil witch or whatever that came and tried to give him the flute and basically just to become his undoing of sorts, right, you see it?
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying one hundred percent that the Queen of the Knight was supposed to be Queen or Impress Maria Theresa.
Speaker 3: I can't say that one hundred percent. But the argument that.
Speaker 2: Stands that suggests that that is true, I personally find myself aligning with that.
Speaker 1: It checks out, Yeah, it does check out. It's interesting that he would call her a witch too. But I mean, I guess if you're you know, an opposing religion or an opposing spiritual thought or whatever kind of lodge that you're attached to within you know, secret society, and you have essentially a gatekeeper, you know that is saying that you're wrong, and you know, saying nothing but bad things essentially about Freemasons, or just trying to convert them. You would probably look at her through the lens of being an evil witch, you.
Speaker 2: Would, indeed, especially if they're struggle and strife between the Holy Roman Emperor Francis the First and the Holy Roman Empress of Maria Theresa, which there absolutely was. So Francis was a Freemason who joined a lodge in the Hague. Right because of his influence, Masonic lodges in Vienna were largely tolerated during Maria Teresa's forty year reign. Francis the first intervened to secure the release of the members that she ordered arrested when she broke up a lodge in seventeen forty three, and her disapproval of Masonic groups were often checked by her husband's protection of them, which allowed Freemasonry to persist in Vienna for a time. So you see that there was already a little bit of some struggling strife between the powers that be.
Speaker 1: Right, So I wonder what the symbol like significance of the flute role plays her giving him the flute, Like, I wonder what that means.
Speaker 2: So I got a video here in a bit that is going to go a little more in depth with it, and we don't get the entire story of the flute from the two little quick videos that I showed earlier. The flute itself, I should mention it is made so all right, the Freemasons and most esoteric groups, right, it's all about the perfect harmony in the combining of the four elements, right. Yeah, Now they'll have the five element, with the fifth being ether or spirit or whatever the case. But as far as the Freemasons are concerned, they're more worried about the physical world we live in. So a lot of their principles and practices have to do with earth, fire, water, air, wind, yeah, air, right, right, which, depending on how you look at it, is that the spirit or is that the breath or is that just the actual wind blowing.
Speaker 3: That conversation we can have.
Speaker 2: But my point is it's the harmonious balance of these four, right, the mastery of the four, if you will.
Speaker 3: The flute was made with fire.
Speaker 2: It was also made during a rainstorm with lightning, which is also seen as fire. It was made from wood, which would encompass the earth, and then to give it life you do have to blow into it, which would be the air.
Speaker 1: This is so funny that you're bringing this up.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Literally, my next episode that I'm shooting on Meta Mysteries is going to be getting into each the depth of each of the four well the fifth, the five main elements. Some people you know like to include the ether. I'm not saying anybody's wrong or right. It's just a way, but yeah, it's interesting. Like if you look into the symbolism of fire, so the and I'm just gonna read this one little part real quick. So the flame isn't a thing. So whenever you see a flame, it's not an actual thing. It's just a process. So when you light a match, it seems like a flame appears out of nowhere, but what's really happening is a chemical reaction the fuel. The fuel like wood or wax, combines with oxygen, releasing stored chemical energy as heat and light. The flame is not a substance that comes into being. It's the visible process of energy transfer, and once the fuel is gone, the process ends. So it looks like the flame has been destroyed, but the energy has simply changed form. So that's why the fire is always like a magical thing. That is, it's always brought up and that's just one of the ways of looking at it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just having this conversation with my sun the other day.
Speaker 2: We were talking about the elements, right of just solid liquid gas, and then the fourth one, which is like plasma, which is I guess it could be also kind of put into the realm of like a gel ish, but it's not a physical gel it's like some other thing that there's still they're still currently having trouble like really putting limits on what it is and is not right. And that's fine, it's kind of a relatively new discovery. But he was like, so you could like pick up a handful of plasma. I'm like, theoretically, depending on the type. Yes, But it's like I showed him what a plasma vortex looks like on YouTube and it's like an electro magnet, and they like, can show you a plasma vortext and he's like, you can't pick that up, And I'm like, well, this example of it, no, But in this example it was a reaction to the environment that they had put it in. It's kind of like saying, you can't pick up a handful of fire, right, you can pick up something that is burning, but fire itself is not a element, right, It's like electricity. You can't pick up a handful of electricity.
Speaker 3: It's a force.
Speaker 2: It is a transfer of energy, right, And that's essentially what it is. We can harness it, we can control it, we can utilize it, but we can't physically handle it in that way.
Speaker 3: So, yes, to your point.
Speaker 2: It's very very interesting how all these things tie in, and all these for the backstory of it went into the making of the magic flute itself, and then when he went through the trials of fire and water, he had to use this flute with his air, which was made of wood, to harmoniously balance and get through each of the three initiation steps.
Speaker 1: So a literal magic relic. Then at that point there you go a lot like the wand or something like that.
Speaker 2: You could definitely make the inference that that was what it was supposed to be, right.
Speaker 3: A form of one.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm not saying it was his magic wand, but at least for the principle of him getting through the initiation which he could not speak through. Yeah, the flute was his voice, if you will, which it's.
Speaker 3: Very interesting to look through.
Speaker 2: All right, Now back to it, let's talk about Mozart and free masonry. So if you want to jump in here to Mozart's lodges.
Speaker 1: Mozart was admitted as an apprentice to the let me take you some off.
Speaker 2: I will say, for the last seven years of his life he was a Mason, so it wasn't like he was born into it, but in his mid twenties he absolutely was raised as a brother of.
Speaker 3: The Masonic lodge. Also, his father was a Freemason. Should throw that out.
Speaker 1: So Mozart was admitted as an apprentice to the Viennese Masonic lodge called zerr Waltzell to get kick hike kite, sure, I don't know which means beneficence on December fourteenth, seventeen eighty four. He was promoted to fellow on January seventh, nineteen eighty or seventeen eighty five, and became a master Mason shortly thereafter. It says in quotes Mozart also attended the meetings of another lodge called True Concord in another language and a record.
Speaker 3: Quick, just gonna throw this out.
Speaker 2: He went from initiate to master, which is the level three, in the matter of about two months, month and a half.
Speaker 1: Well I mean it if you can, you know, understand the information faster than everybody else because you're kind of already putting it within your music, maybe the initiatory process isn't extremely long and treacherous.
Speaker 2: There's I know, we have some freemasons that listen to this show and they kind of scoff whenever we get on this topic. But even they will tell you it really depends lodge to lodge. I personally know dudes that it took them a year to go from initiate to master Mason, which is not the thirty third degree, just the initial first three.
Speaker 3: That's all we're talking about here.
Speaker 2: And then they'll also see guys that will go from a level twelve to a level twenty five in the matter of a weekend because they pay their money, they go through the coursework. And I mean there's certain lodges that aren't doing things in the correct way. There are certain lodges that are very strict about the time stamps, and like it's it varies lodge to lodge, but especially in this day and age and when you're somebody as prominent and well off and well connected as Wolfgang Ameda, as fucking Mozart bro it would make sense that they're going to try to get him to be in the click as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: So I'm still on that out.
Speaker 1: I mean, a more like real world exit would be. So the Steelers drafted a quarterback this past April. Right, he came from Ohio State. His name is Will Howard want a championship. Was really good all throughout last season, right, But but then we decided to sign Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers been in the league twenty something years, you know what I mean. And so you're going to make your rookie go through the initiatory process, you know, learning about the playbook and training camp and watching film and you know, let's see what kind of leadership you have amongst the rest of the team and all that stuff. That stuff is already in Aaron Rodgers. So he's going to start, and it's not even a question, right, And he did really well. So I think that maybe it's somewhere along those lines, like he was already well versed, but also like already well known, and so you kind of want to promote the guys that are already well known from within. Maybe it shines a little bit of extra light on your lodge in that say, because then now you can say, you know, Mozart goes to our fucking lodge, so we're gonna bring him all the way up to the We're not gonna treat him like a little bitch.
Speaker 3: Think of it.
Speaker 2: Also, in the realm of Lebron James and his kid, right, he is like seen as some sort of NBA royalty. I think that's silly, but whatever, his son, who does not have the same skill set as his father, instantly gets signed on to a big fat contract with the NBA, like fresh out.
Speaker 3: He didn't have to.
Speaker 2: Go through any of the any of the making his way for himself or anything like that. It was a little bit of nepotism, right, you could see it. But also it was for the status of having both of the james Is on the team, right you could see.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you get people that demenitating on their situation get on the fast track, and some people that have to struggle and claw their way. But either way it goes just want to make a mention, Yeah, within under two months, Mozart went from an initiate to a master mason.
Speaker 3: So throwing it out.
Speaker 1: Anyway, According to Otto Eric Deutsch. This lodge was the largest and most aristocratic in Vienna, and Mozart, as the best of the music brothers, was welcome in all the lodges. It was headed by the naturalist Ignaz von Born, Mozart's own lodge God what was that again? Beneficence was consolidated with two others in December of seventeen eighty five under the emperor reform of masonry called something which means Masonic degree on December eleventh, seventeen eighty five. And thus, and thus Mozart came to belong to the lodge called Beneficent New Crowned Hope. Oh, the new Crowned Hope. Oh yeah, because they all consolidated.
Speaker 2: So this Masonic decree that took place was because of the Empress who was trying to break up these lodges.
Speaker 3: So she didn't want.
Speaker 2: Them spreading out with all these little outposts all over the place, so she wanted some of them broke up. So instead of having three lodges, you now had one massive lodge that basically spoke on behalf of the entirety of the aristocratic class of Vienna.
Speaker 1: Checks out. Yeah, So it says based on surviving Masonic documents. Mozart was well regarded by his fellow Masons. Many of his friends were Masons, and during his visit to Vienna in seventeen eighty five, Mozart's father, Leopold, also became a Mason. How about that?
Speaker 2: So Mozart became one first and then brought his father along into it.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the thick of it here, the Masonic ideology and Masonic music. Now we do have a couple of articles that are going to go even further in depth on this, but I thought this did a good job of kind of a glossing over for sure.
Speaker 1: Mozart's position within the Masonic movement, according to Maynard Solomon Lay, lay with the rationalist Enlightenment inspired membership as opposed to those members oriented toward mysticism and the occult. This rationalist faction is identified by Catherine Thompson as the Illuminati, a Masonically inspired group which was founded by Bavarian professor of canon law Adam Weissopt, who was also a friend of Mozart. Oh shit, I didn't know that, all right.
Speaker 2: There is in fact connection between the Freemasons and the Illuminati, and they definitely combined forces later on, but in their inception, believe it or not, Mozart was a really really strange lynch pin between the two and these see, these two groups were seen as opposing forces in this area at this time. Hell the Illuminati was started because your boy Adam Weishaupt wasn't allowed to be a free Mason, so he said, fuck you, I'm gonna start my own group. Meanwhile, Mozart kind of attended both meetings. Now was he a member of the Illuminati. There are some that say absolutely, there are some that say no way. But he was homies with the head guy. I mean, I'm just saying there is obvious connections within.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there were some notes passed, you know, Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I person of the belief that Mozart attended.
Speaker 1: Both the Illuminati and Rationalist Masons espoused the Enlightenment inspired humanist views proposed by the French philosophers Jean Jacques Rousseau and did A.
Speaker 6: Row.
Speaker 1: For example, they contended that social rank was not coincident with nobility of the spirit, but that people of lowly class could be noble in spirit, just as nobly born could be mean spirited. The view or this view appears in Mozart's operas, for example, The Marriage of Figaro, an opera based on a based on a play by Pierre Baumart Ka Beaumarchie Beaumarche another freemason. The low born Figuo is the hero and the count Alma Alma Viva is the bore.
Speaker 2: That's also very crazy for this timeframe to say that people of lowly birth could be noble and could show noble characteristics, and people of the nobility class could be just assholes. That was crazy because if you were born again, the tradition would say that if you were born to a noble class a family, you must have a little something extra in your DNA, otherwise you wouldn't be noble.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: You might also be able to suggest that like this was at least proposed one day a year during Saturnalia.
Speaker 2: Well, that was an ancient room Saturnalia, didn't That didn't like make it through the four hundred's ad bro.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying, you know, maybe maybe the some people had a similar idea.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what you're saying. See what you're saying. But towards this time, dude, the Middle Ages. It was very rare.
Speaker 2: We see these movies right where you get this, uh, this lowly born peasant who did crazy shit on the battlefield and becomes knighted, right, and then like through time his family can rise through the ranks and become dukes and lords and all of these things.
Speaker 3: That was rare.
Speaker 2: That that was the exception. That was not something that happened like every battle. There wasn't some dude that got knighted as a result of it. Like, they didn't just like make up new nobility families just to make them up.
Speaker 3: So for them to say that, like somebody.
Speaker 2: Of low birth could be a noble in his own right was preposterous in the traditional sense of the word. But Mozart and other humanists of the what was considered at that time New Age Enlightenment, super super got down on that vibe and they proposed this, and they showed it. And like he said, even in his plays, even in his operation of figro So.
Speaker 1: In other words, they didn't believe in the goyam Royce with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, they didn't believe in the uh. They didn't believe in the tradition. Although it's funny that you mentioned that Maria Theresa. Uh, yeah, I think I said that one, right, Maria, Yeah, Mary true.
Speaker 3: She had an issue with.
Speaker 2: The Jews hardcore, she had an issue with all secret societies. She had issue with the Protestants, but she didn't hate them out right, She just wanted to convert them to Catholicism.
Speaker 3: But she had a fucking issue with Judaism for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, to each their own. So the Freemasons used music in their ceremonies uh and adopted Russo humanist views on the meaning of music. The purpose of music and the Masonic ceremonies is to spread good thoughts and unity among the members in quotes, so that they may be, in quotes united in the idea of innocence and joy, wrote Ludwig Friedrich Lenz in a contemporary edition of Masonic Songs. Music should in and culcate and it's okay. It should bring about feelings of humanity, wisdom and patience, virtue and honesty, loyalty to friends, and finally, an understanding of freedom. These views suggest a musical style quite unlike the style of the Gallant which was dominant at the time. Gallant style music was typically melodic with harmonic accompaniment accompaniment rather than polyphonic, and the melodic line was often richly ornamented with trills, runs, and other virtue virtuosick effects. These the style promoted by the Masonic view was much less virtuosic and unornamented. Mozart's style of composition is often referred to as humanist and as and is in accord with this Masonic view of music. The music of the Freemasons contained musical phrases and forms that held specific semiotic meanings. For example, the Masonic initiation ceremony began with the candidate knocking three times at the door to ask admittance. This is expressed musically as a dotted figure.
Speaker 2: And there's a little piece of sheet note here that shows the notes of the three knocks as musical notes, if you.
Speaker 1: Will, which is actually pretty interesting just as far as symbolism, because I feel like there's always two sides to every story, right, and somebody's always trying to paint somebody else as a bad guy that's playing on the dark side or something like that, and where they enlightened and you're not kind of thing. Everybody has their own view about what that is. Right throughout all.
Speaker 3: Of knots, there always will be.
Speaker 1: And so if you think about it, like you were supposed to knock at the door three times to try and get admitted in, right, And it's almost like, what is it like vampires? Like they have to knock and you have to invite them in? And I almost wonder if that's like the church's way of calling out the Freemasons or whatever that you have to you have to welcome them in. They can't just step in your door because of their practices. Maybe I don't know, maybe I'm just piecing shit together.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think that there's a lot to say about that.
Speaker 2: Also, as far as a becoming one, you have to ask three times.
Speaker 3: You ever heard the expression I'm here for you to tell me no? Twice?
Speaker 1: And yes once that was in Austin Powers remember.
Speaker 2: That that was in a lot of things. But that is a Masonic thing, right whenever you uh, this is how it's supposed to go anyway, not one hundred percent. But if you ask a Masonic lodge or a Mason like, hey, I want to be a Mason, they're supposed to tell you no, and then you're supposed.
Speaker 3: To ask them.
Speaker 2: Maybe in a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even right after that. No, I want to be a free Mason.
Speaker 3: Let me be No. If you ask a third time, they will tell you yes.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. I get it.
Speaker 4: Um So.
Speaker 1: This figure appears in Mozart's opera The Magic Flute, in the overture, suggesting the opening of the Masonic Master Mason's degree. According to Catherine Thompson, there are many other examples of specific musical symbols taken from the Masonic rights that appear throughout Mozart's compositions. These include the use of suspensions to indicate friendship and brotherhood, the use of three part harmony harmony to emphasize the special significance of the number three in Freemasonry, and special rhythms and harmony to signify fortitude and other attributes. Notwithstanding these manifestations of Freemasonry and Mozart's music and activities, some scholars question Mozart's personal commitment to Masonic ideology. Peter Fall Fox is that his last name, Paul?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hope that's Foots, But you know what it also is Austria, so that's probably fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, Peter Paul Fox notes that Mozart was a devout Catholic, a religion that threatened Freemasons with excommunication. Mozart was pulled in various directions stylistically and probably personally. There is little evidence that he found these tensions troubling, he writes. However, in his book Mozart, The Mozart and the Enlightenment, Nicholas Till demonstrates that Mozart's original lodged, The Beneficent One, was a reform Catholic lodge following the tenets of the Italian liberal theologian Ludovico Moro Moratory, and was committed in particular to the Catholic ideal of charity and music. Musicologist David J. Buck Booch notes that many of Mozart's musical devices identified with Masonry have precedence in non Masonic music as well. For example, the three notes, which originate from the French genre of Les murvillu, already appeared in the musical theater of the early eighteenth century. The three chords in the overture can be found in many other eighteenth century stage works, such as Treeta's Armida and Gazinga's Las Cirque, operas that have no connection with Freemasonry, so somebody he's just arguing against it at that point.
Speaker 2: Now that being said, here's a list of Mozart's Masonic compositions. Okay, and I'm not going to read their German words because i don't speak the German. Oh, Helling's band or it's an oh, sacred bond of friendship between true brothers. Another one it's a fragment, but essentially it is a contanta or contata for two tenors, male chorus and orchestra in a seal. Del Waltel's Yeah, I guess song for tenor and piano for use at an installation of New Journeymen, for use at installation of new Journeymen He's talk about for a Masonic temple and for becoming a journeyman. There's another one for a male course and orchestra. It's called the Mason's Joy. There's one for Masonic funeral music. There is one for two songs for tenor, male chorus and organ use for the opening and closing of ceremonies of the lodge in Austria. There is another one here, Oh those are the names of them. Sorry, little German cantata which was for tenors and piano for the use at meetings of the Colony of Friends of Nature. This next piece is for two tenors base male cours and orchestra Klein fremature contante.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what that's for. Song for male choruses.
Speaker 2: This one is for the closing of the lodge and intended final chorus and the story and music of his.
Speaker 3: Opera The Magic Flute.
Speaker 2: So these are all just a brief rundown of compositions from the year seventeen seventy two to seventeen ninety one where he absolutely had his hand in freemasonry. Right now, quick list of fellow Masons, and I'm not going to go over all the names here, but friends of his, his brother in law, another friend, his father, a friend of his that loaned him money a good bit, a patron of his arts, a royal servant that was a friend of his, another friend and colleague, a brother and founder of the charity lodge we talked about here, and one of the people that was very heavily involved in the creation of the Magic Flute. All these people that were surrounding him at that level of society were absolutely free Masons.
Speaker 3: And that's all guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Here now most reason to believe that it was a Masonic kind of creation.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's one hundred percent confirmed. I never knew that. I've heard that little we have heard that so many times. I had no idea that these very notes were dripping in Masonic lore all the way through.
Speaker 3: That's interesting as fuck to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, And I don't know if whenever your kids were little, did you guys, did you help them watch this show called Little Einstein's.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. They have a lot of Mozart in the.
Speaker 1: Dude, I used to love that shit. That was so good. My daughter was addicted to that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that was back. Have you seen what these kids are watching these days? And I'm not saying like kids are like early teens, I mean like four little kids. It's there is a clear line in the sand that was drawn, I would say sometime in the last ten years where things were like overtly educational and there were some shows out there there were trash. Now you have to go out of your way to try to find educational material.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of bullshit out there, like Masha and the Bear. Dude, I can't stand in that damn show. There's a bunch of other ones that we always bring up to. But you know, my son, dude, he digs some Bluey. I get down with it. I can watch Bluey all day. There's this YouTube channel called Danny Go. He went to the concert and everything I mean informational, I don't know, entertaining, not not derogatory in any kind of way. It's okay. I think I look at it as like an ungay version of the Wiggles. Okay, fair, But yeah, you're right, though not necessarily, you know, informational when trying to build up the intelligence or the intellect of the of the child in any way.
Speaker 2: But Mozart does, and they've always said Mozart makes baby smart?
Speaker 3: Right, Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it possible that this is because in his music he was putting in certain notes that he knew would stimulate the mind, would actually get some things firing off on all synapses up there, even for a young mind.
Speaker 1: Coco Melon was the one I was thinking of that I wanted to talk to shit on, dude. I that's not allowed in my house. It's just not absolutely not. It's it's terrible for a little kid to watch. But we've talked about that plenty of times.
Speaker 3: We have we have.
Speaker 2: Now let's go on to another quick little article here. This is the Berliner Philarmonicer, right, and it's talking about composing and networking Mozart in Freemasonry. So again, Mozart being a Freemason is not a debatable conversation.
Speaker 3: That's an understood thing.
Speaker 2: Him having certain musical numbers that were put in for the principle of spreading free Masonic ideals.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Now that.
Speaker 2: Being said, was there a little more going on to Mozart being a Mason rather than him just feeling the call of the brotherhood? Was this possibly because keep in mind he was also not a struggling artist by any means, but he had a propensity to spend a lot of money really quickly. Like we said, you boy like to party hard, right, So is it possible that he got involved with freemasonry not just for his own enlightenment, but also as a way of networking, as a way of trying to find some wealthy benefactors that might fund his music and his next perform Mormans and these things too.
Speaker 1: I feel like you left out a little piece of vital information there. You mentioned about how he liked to party hard. He also liked to fuck. Now, if you like to fuck, then you go to Adam and Eve dot com and you use the promo code Cult. You'll get fifty percent off of your entire order, plus ten free goodies, free shipping, and completely discrete sent right to your door. Everybody likes to dabble into the sexual dark arts. Adam and Eve has all of that. Go and check it out over there. Use a promo code Cult. You gotta throw that in there.
Speaker 3: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: So let's see if there was maybe some more things afoot with him joining the launch.
Speaker 1: In the eighteenth century, Freemasonry combined mysterious rituals with enlightenment ideals. Mozart was a member of this secretive society. His affiliations repeatedly reflected in his works, not only in Die Zaborflot, but also in his incidental music for Thamos calling in Egypt Tin.
Speaker 2: The King of Egypt. I think that one's the king of Egypt and this is the magic flute.
Speaker 3: But anyway.
Speaker 1: Leopold Mozart and his son traveled to Vienna in the summer of seventeen seventy three and visited the famous doctor Franz Anton Mesmer. Oh, that's where mesmerization comes from. Who lived in a villa in a large park. His open house attracted visitors from far and wide. He was a member of the middle class, with vast wealth at his disposal. Contemporaries wandered or wondered how this was possible. Was it because he was a freemason. The most Arts also met another freemason, the writer and theater administrator Franz rein Hard who Feld, at his home. We can never know whether or not it was who Feld who drew Mozart's attention to Tobias Philip von Gebler's play called what was That? The Egyptian One?
Speaker 3: Famous Conigan Egypt ten.
Speaker 1: But we do know that soon afterward, soon afterwards, Mozart stated or started to set two choruses from the play to music. It was probably in seventeen seventy two that Mozart, then sixteen years old, wrote his song in praise, Yeah, song in praise of Solomon Saint John's Lodge K one eight for tenor male voice, chorus and keyboard.
Speaker 2: Mozart quick sixteen years old, and he's writing a song of praise of the Solomon of Saint John's Lodge, sixteen years old. You're not allowed to be a Freemason at that early age. But there he was being inspired by it.
Speaker 1: As the kids would say, he was built different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Mozart was not yet a member of any Masonic lodge, and neither was his father. All that has survived of this piece is the melody and the baseline, Oh, sacred bond of friendship TwixT true brothers, akin to highest happiness and Eden's joys, A friend to faith and never more against it, well known to all the world, yet full of mystery. Here we find a feature that was to return in many of the Masonic works that Mozart would go on to write. The chorus has the last word.
Speaker 2: Indeed, now let's talk a little bit about it being a useful network for friends of the invitement. The Freemasons, whose heyday was in the eighteenth century, embodied the highest ideals. Although the lodge was a cult like symbolic community, writes the Mozart biographer Eva gesen Bauer, it was, above all a community of like minded men, bent on action, and made up of members of the upper and lower middle classes of the aristocracy. The links that were forged here were advantageous to everyone who was dependent on aristocratic patronage. At court, Leopold Mozart was a hard working businessman who saw the Freemasons had an excellent network of contacts at their disposal, and this network could be of use to him and his son. Freemasons occupied key positions, notably as sos in the court orchestra of manham Manheim. Rather, but by the same token, several members of the Concert Spiritual in Paris, one of the finest orchestras in France, were Freemasons. But many rumors were circulating at that time what exactly did Freemasons get up to at their meetings? Did they worship the devil? Or were they planning an international conspiracy? Little information reached the outside world. All that was reported was that their activities served as served a humanitarian goals and that Freemasons followed the paths of true and brotherly love. Silence was also said to be one of their fundamental values, be steadfast, patient, and silent. Seeing the three boys in the Magic Flute, and Serastra warns that within these hollowed halls where mankind loves his fellow, man no trader can never lurk. So you're saying that in the Magic Flute, there's all of these references to this play where there's obviously Masonic inspiration, so to it.
Speaker 1: It would only be a man's rule that there would have to be silence. You know, I just want to throw that out there, you know what I mean, Like, I can't imagine too many female lodges that have that rule in there. Y'all talk a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are female Masons these days though it's the Order of the Eastern Star, although there is a lot of argument to whether these women will ever get the entire keys of knowledge that the men get. Are they seen as equal sisters or are they seen as Basically, the dudes had to make a group to where their wives are stout giving them shit for going to lodge meetings so much so they finally form their own female groups. They could kind of do their own thing and fuck off. I've heard arguments for both, to be completely honest with you, I don't know. I'm not a Mason.
Speaker 1: Oh how about this. The Order of the Eastern Star does not have a former vowel, a formal vow of silence like some religious traditions, but it emphasizes secrecy and discretion regarding its rituals and teachings.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like I said, is this just where the Masons sent their wives? Though, y'all have your own hen cackling club. Yeah, you can call it the Eastern Star. Yeah, no doubt. Here, here's some some aprons you can wear. Sure, sure, sure, let us go do our thing like it could very well be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, look, you don't need to shut up, you know, but you gotta keep your secrets. You don't need to be going around and you know, telling your neighbor about what you're getting into in the lodge with no windows, like just not just you know, keep it zipped up for a little while.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, this picture that we are looking at right now is a very famous painting of what is inside the Freemason's Lodge in Vienna at this time.
Speaker 3: This is the lodge that Mozart was a part of.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sick actually, right.
Speaker 2: You see the guy blindfolded right here, he's going through initiation. You have all these guys sitting around it, the floors, the pillars, right, all the iconic things, the three candles, the triangle, they don't show the checkerboard floor here. But I mean, like I said, I don't know if this is an artist rendition or if this was a brother Mace who also painted this themselves. I know, But anyway, let's look into when Mozart joined the brotherhood.
Speaker 1: Eleven years after visiting Mesmer's house in Vienna, on December fourteenth, seventeen eighty four, Mozart finally became a freemason. No evidence survives to indicate what may finally have promoted or prompted him to act. Did he feel that he had been misunderstood as an artist? Was he looking for new friends? Was he driven by financial motivation? All that we can say for certain is that free freemason reflourished in the Vienna of Joseph the Second. Indeed, the Journal for the Journal for Frey Mauer was founded in seventeen eighty four at a time when, according to its inaugural issue, the better part of humanity is at pains to free reason from the oppressive burden of prejudices both sacred and profane in quotes. The Crowned Hope Lodge was largely made up of members of the aristocrat aristocracy, while the tradesmen of the middle classes frequented the Saint Joseph Lodge. Two lodges where the members of the educated middle classes met were in quotes true concord and beneficence, both of those lodges.
Speaker 2: So you can already see that there is multiple lodges going on here at the same time. There's one where it's for the higher class individuals. Then you have this other lodge on the other side of town that's for more of the tradesmen, right, and all these things. Then you have these other lodges where both of these parties would meet, and it will kind of be the combining of the minds, if you will think.
Speaker 3: Of it like a job site.
Speaker 2: You've got your your office hands, your superintendents, your general foremans and all these things.
Speaker 3: And you have your.
Speaker 2: Field hands and your field foremans and these types, right, and they operate in different fields, they go to very different meetings. But ever now and then there will be a big meeting where all of the heads, whether their field hands or office hands, will come together to get on the same page and make sure that everybody's moving in the same direction.
Speaker 3: Does this make sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the lodge that Mozart joined was Beneficence, which had been founded only a year earlier in seventeen eighty three. A glance at the subscription list for Mozart's Wednesday Concerts, which started in March seventeen eighty four, reveals a strikingly large number of fellow Masons. These members seem to know value and support one another. After joining the lodge, Mozart wrote a whole series of pieces, most of them intended for specific occasions. They include the lead zur, the song that its song for the Journeyman's Travels, two songs for Malevoy's Choir, and a Freemason's Joy and Masonic funeral music. It included all those songs. In the spring of seventeen eighty five, Leopold Mozart became an apprentice at the Lodge of the True Concord and Vienna Freemason re Proliferated. Joseph the Second put a stop to this when he limited the number of lodges, imposing a cap on their members. As a result, Mozart joined the new Crowned Hope Lodge in January seventeen eighty six, after a number of smaller lodges were merged together.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so this is when they started getting more oppressed in their native land.
Speaker 3: But anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 2: So now we're talking about the magic flute and its symbolism. There is a well known oil painting from the late seventeen eighties depicting the interior of a Masonic lodge. That's the painting that I showed right here on the left, But which one The answer is unclear. It is possible that it does not represent a particular lodge, but is rather a kind of collage designed to capture key features of a life in a lodge. The painting is also famous because at the right hand side of the image we can see a man who has repeatedly been identified as mostart. He can be seen in an agitated conversation with the man standing next to him. It is not possible to say if this second person is the clarinetist Anton Stadler or the playwright Emmanuel Schicknieder Schiicinieder, whatever you know. Anyway, soide of the point, Mozart worked with Chickenaeder on the Magic Flute, a songspiel that has repeatedly and with good reason, been interpreted in the context of Freemasonry even today. The work continues to be reinterpreted reinterpretated rather yeah reinterpret et c right.
Speaker 3: The piece reflects the spirit of.
Speaker 2: An age in the late eighteenth century in Vienna and mirrors the social upheaval of the period as well as the values of the Enlightenment. It also includes timeless elements drawn from the world of fairy tales, but it also has been interpreted as the light of its affinities with Freemasonry. The music is rich in Masonic symbolism. One component of the ritual that is enacted here is the priest's fanfare, heard for the first time in the overture. This fanfare imitates the hammer blows of the grand Master, who is in charge of the lodge and who sits by the altar, and of his two assistants during the ceremony in the temple. But despite these illusion Mozart gives away no Masonic secrets. He was astute enough to limit himself to the most general of illusions. Right up until the final months of his life, Mozart wrote music close to the Mason's world of ideas. As late as November fifteen, seventeen eighty one, he entered the Cantanta loudly proclaim Our Joy in the catalog of his compositions. Two days later, he conducted the first performance of the inauguration of the Temple of Crowned Hope Lodge when light was carried into the room. Three weeks later, he was dead, another of the world's great mysteries. Now, I'm not saying that there is some sort of conspiracy surrounding Mozart's death. It's very possible, right, But that's not what this conversation today is about. But you can see that, well, he was a Catholic, so it's very possible.
Speaker 1: I don't know, not astute anyway.
Speaker 3: It's also there's a conversation.
Speaker 2: To say that he died from an std right, there's a conversation to say that he died from over drinking. There's a conversation to say that he died from being poisoned. The reality is he had consumption which we would now call tuberculosis, and autopsies showed that he was suffering from this for a while. And he also drank like a fish. He partied hard. Whatever was going on during the day. If there was a drug of choice in this timeframe, he was dabbling like he was.
Speaker 3: This is just what he.
Speaker 2: Got down with, right, So I'm not saying poisoning as in, like a bad actor poisoned him.
Speaker 3: Now, would he have died from alcohol.
Speaker 2: Poisoning or something like that, maybe, But as far as I can sell, there are some conspiracy, conspiratorial conversations that he had about Mozart's death. But when you look at the autopsies and the reports of the people that found him and did and I'm granted we're talking to the late seventeen hundreds, it wasn't like they had the excess of medical technology that we have today, but all the telltale signs did not point to poison.
Speaker 1: But anyway, interesting, Okay, Well, I would actually be pretty interested to see which drugs he was messing around with.
Speaker 3: Well, if it was during this time, there's a conversation to say.
Speaker 2: That opiates or opium itself may have made its way to this section of Europe. But I mean, I'm trying to think when the Opium Wars took place, the East India Trading Company was big with making sure that England and by extension, most of Europe had that. But it wouldn't have been like heroin. It would have been true traditional opium den type of things that were going down.
Speaker 1: From what I could find, it was probably for the area and the time, a little bit of marijuana.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean, hey, nobody's ever died from marijuana overdose.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But anyway, all right, this next article that we have pulled up here is actually from a very interesting website, Universal co Masonry. This website, bro is uh you know, I'm just gonna show you their main page if you will tell me what you think about the way this looks pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a man and a woman.
Speaker 3: There there there is.
Speaker 1: Indeed, oh, free masonry for men and women. Okay, Oh, that's the idea of Universal co Masonry then.
Speaker 2: Okay, indeed, indeed, and so this website has a lot of information.
Speaker 3: Can women become Freemasons? Right, there's right off the rip. It's all about that equality.
Speaker 2: The path too serious as in the Egyptian god, which you're gonna see a lot of serious and Osiris references anytime you look into free masonry, and there's esoteric reasons for that, but we are not.
Speaker 3: Talking about that at this time.
Speaker 2: We are talking about freemasonry and the secrets of music. Are you ready to learn even more about what the Masons feel towards music.
Speaker 1: Brother music is as timeless as humanity itself, and it's harmonies and melodies bring us from the unmanifested to the manifest, from the unreal to the real. What is the significance of music to the Freemason? And how how can its immutable principles teach us about the reality of Masonic ritual I do it on.
Speaker 3: Bank mentioned real quick.
Speaker 2: This was published September tenth of twenty twenty four from the very illustrious brother Pamela mcdown, thirty third degree.
Speaker 1: Oh indeed, imagine being called a brother brother, imagine that right.
Speaker 2: But even still, it is a thirty third degree Mason who wrote this. So this is somebody who has gone through all the rights, all the rituals, all of the things, paid their dues, and they, being a thirty third degree Mason, had the highest levels of knowledge and enlightenment as far as Blue Side Masonry would allow.
Speaker 3: Just throwing this out.
Speaker 1: As far as tradition goes, it goes against tradition. But to say that a woman can't become enlightened, that's that's ridiculous. So I understand why they would want to introduce both sexes. I don't see a.
Speaker 3: Problem with that.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know. Maybe Pamela is a dude. There's been dudes with female names before. Stay saying that. That being said, I just want to make sure the female versus male on that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. It's a thirty third degree Mason.
Speaker 2: So this is not somebody who's like a third level master Mason who's been in the Order for like five years that wrote an article about it. This is somebody that has dedicated the majority of their life to the Order.
Speaker 1: It's the Scottish rite, right, that goes up to thirty three.
Speaker 2: You can achieve thirty three from both York and Scottish. However, one of them kind of skip some levels. You got one through three, then you jump to five, seven, nine, thirteen, eighteen, twenty five, twenty seven, thirty and then thirty three the other one.
Speaker 3: You have to go through each individual step.
Speaker 2: It's been a while since I did a real deep dive into them, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I know. No better way to place a frame around the ideas I would like to express in this article than to begin with a beautiful statement often attributed to Johann Sebastian Bach and the archie brother, Johann, I'm Trippin. I speak freedom. Okay, So Jay.
Speaker 3: We don't have j in this country. It's Johann.
Speaker 1: It's a hard j okay. In the architecture of music, or of my music, I want to demonstrate to the world of the architecture of a new and beautiful social commonwealth. The secret of my harmony. I alone know it, each instrument in counterpoint, and as many counterpuntal parts as there are instruments. It is the enlightened self discipline of the various parts, each voluntarily imposing on itself the limits of its individual freedom for the well being of the community. That is my message. Not the autocracy of a single stubborn melody on the one hand, nor the anarchy of unchecked noise on the other. No, a delicate balance between the two, an enlightened freedom, the science of my art, the art of my science, the harmony of the stars and the heavens, the yearning for brotherhood in the heart of man. This is the secret of my music. Of course, was from Bach bro That was Bach in the day, dude, you know ah.
Speaker 2: Now I will say this Bach himself, and I'm a fan of his and I've talked to people who are like professional opera singers and musicians in this realm, and I've always felt personally that Bach has had almost a mathematical principle to his music. If you ever listened to it and with the same level of intensity that you listen to that one song and you're like, bro, is there something extra going on here? If you listen to some of Bach's work, it almost sounds now I understand there's a tempo. That's not what I mean, but it sounds like it's very there's a structure, there's an order to it, right, there's a mathematical equation that is going on the entire time. I just talked to an opera singer when I went to Phoenix. As a matter of fact, a couple months ago, one of the members of an organization that I belonged to, he is an opera singer, and I said that to him and he's like, the going understanding is that Bach gave us the order, Mozart gave us the fire. And I'm like, oh, oh shit. And when he said that, it all clicked to me. And now it would only make sense that both of these individuals were free.
Speaker 1: Masons when he calls it a delicate balance between the two right and so it almost you know, it reminds you of the light and the dark, the black and the white checkerboard. Everything was always duality, duelist.
Speaker 2: Night and the day. In the Magic Flute, for instance, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Brother yes, Yes. What follows will be an exploration of the notions of brotherhood and enlightened freedom. My aim will be to demonstrate that the architecture of music is an apt metaphor for the Masonic lodge work. What exactly are the secrets of music and how do these secrets relate to the craft craft?
Speaker 3: What freemasonry is not?
Speaker 2: Okay, Freemasonry is not the autocracy of a single stubborn melody. As Box said, the above phrase highlights the dangers of dominance and lack of diversity in music. It represents a scenario where one melody overpowers and dictates the entire composition, stifling the richness and complexity that multiple harmonizing parts can bring. Similarly, in freemasonry, this phrase warns against the concentration of power and the suppression of individual voices within the fraternity. Just as a symphony achieves its beauty through the harmonious interplay of various instruments. A Masonic lodge flourishes when it fosters an inclusive environment and cooperative ritual allowing for the collective wisdom and efforts of all of its members to create a unified, dynamic community. Freemasonry, again, is not the anarchy of unchecked noise direct quote from your boy Johann Vach. In both music and freemasonry, chaos and disorder arise when there is a lack of structure, discipline, and harmony. In music, this phrase conveys the importance of balanced compositions, where each instrument contributes purposefully to the overall symphony, avoiding discordant and aimless sounds. Infreemasonry, this concept underscores the necessity of adhereing to Masonic principles and rituals to maintain order and unity within the fraternity. Both in music and in freemasonry, the anarchy of unchecked noise quote unquote serves as a metaphor for the breakdown of coherence and the loss of a shared purpose.
Speaker 1: Now, if you really think about it, I I was just thinking about this for a second. So I know you have the different lodges. What is a It's called like King Henry's Lodge for the for the Black Prince Henry Hall, Prince Henry's right, it's it's mainly for the black folk, right, and then you have only four yeah, and then you have the female lodge, which one was that what called.
Speaker 3: Again Order of the Eastern Star.
Speaker 1: Order of the Eastern Star. I would actually suggest that there is a much if we're looking at the spectrum of duality, right, that you're you're gonna get much more equal and opposite ends of the spectrum of polarity with a man and a woman than you would a white man and a black man. So I'm not saying I think that everybody should be involved, but I'm saying, as far as the the differences go with the black and white that they're always trying to show up there, it would make sense that you would include both sexes. You know, the sun for the man, the moon for the woman. It's always seen as opposites in that point, not necessarily you know, right and wrong, but more of just a night and day kind of thing. So so I understand their point here just as far as the symbolism goes.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I don't disagree with you. I see what you're saying, and I'm on the same page with you right now. I also, in my research have I'm more led to believe that the admittance of African American gentlemen into freemasonry under the auspices of Prince Henry Hall and the admission of women to the Order of the Eastern Star, this was more of a financial move and an attempt to change with the times while still holding true to the original ideals of the Four Letter Charter.
Speaker 3: And here's what I mean by that.
Speaker 2: When the civil rights got passed, Okay, now black men were completely equal in all way, shapes and forms to white men.
Speaker 3: There was nothing that they could say that they could hold over them.
Speaker 2: And free masonry at this time was also kind of going through a bit of a dip, and they have been for quite some time, and still to this day they are struggling to maintain membership in a lot of the lodges. There are some lodges that are doing well. More often than not you have lodges closing down than you have new lodges starting up.
Speaker 3: But anyway, when this happened, they realized.
Speaker 2: That hey, wait a minute, y'all, we could start a lodge specifically for them and keep the segregation intact. Okay, and we'll give them some of the ceremonial things and the rituals, but we're still gonna collect their dues from them, right. And so now we have a way to reach a wider audience, collect more dues, make more.
Speaker 3: Money, and we can make them feel like they're equal.
Speaker 2: But in reality, we're gonna keep our secrets for ourselves, right. And I know there's gonna be a lot of Masonic people that will listen to that and say that that is preposterous and incorrect and all the things. Listen, I'm not a Mason. I'm not speaking as if that's a fact. That is what I have been led to believe from my research. Same thing with the Order of the Eastern Star. Now, okay, all of these women are bitching that their husbands would rather be at the lodge drinking and hanging out with their boys rather than being hope with them with the kids. So they had to find a way to appease the women. But they don't just want to make a women's club. They want to make a women's club that collects dues to bring more money into the overall free masonry and all these things. So they come up with the Order of the Eastern Star and they give them some enlightenment. They give them some stories from different books and texts that makes them feel like they're super in the know.
Speaker 3: Reality they have will never get.
Speaker 2: The same level of information that a four letter charter would get.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I'm just saying that, you know, it was freemasonry in general in general was created in a time where the traditions of the time where the men were it was, you know, it was kind of a the men ruled the world and you know, kind of looked at everybody else. Well, the white men ruled the world and kind of looked at everybody else as beneath them as far as the time of the tradition goes. What I'm saying is is that these people are probably a little bit more on the money if you really look at it just for its symbolism's sake, that you would want to include both sexes and maybe even all the different races. Why not, Because if it's supposed to be a dualistic kind of polarity kind of thing, then you would want that dualistic polarity kind of thing represented by not only the symbols and rituals, but also amongst your people.
Speaker 3: I would say, oh, agreed.
Speaker 2: And the Freemasonry of today is not the Freemasonry of the nineteen sixties. No, Like on some real levels, yeah, they might be reading morals and dogma the same book, but the way they operate and the way that they're they are begging people to come join them these days because their numbers are dwindling to solo. So absolutely they're accepting women as full members and they the whole Prince Henry Hall.
Speaker 3: There's a tradition. We're involved with that. But you have a lot.
Speaker 2: There was an old rule that basically you had black lodges and white lodges and you did not blend the two.
Speaker 3: You just did not.
Speaker 2: These days there is more blending happening nationwide and arguably worldwide than ever before. So yeah, it's it's a different world that we're currently living in.
Speaker 1: For it's also there's no money in enlightenment, you know what I mean, Like, there's no money in brotherhood anymore. And you think about it, dude, Like I went to the pool yesterday. So I live in an apartment complex. We have a like a community pool, that we go to. Me and my son, we go just about every day, and there were people there, Dude, Nobody said hi to anybody. Nobody said hey, how you doing or anything. Everybody just wants to kind of keep to themselves. So the idea of brotherhood or sisterhood or you know, just community amongst your peers, it's dwindling so much so that people don't even you know, say hi so much anymore.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times I open a door for somebody, not expecting a thank you, but think you would be nice. Right I open a door, Dude, they don't even look back at me, like, don't even acknowledge that I just opened it. I'm like, what where did where did all this go?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How did they get here?
Speaker 2: They used to be a thing in the South, right like this, the Southern hospitality that used to really be a thing. Bro, it's only a thing in small pockets anywhere anymore. I mean, you're living in it right outside of a big city. It's gonna have big city vibes to it. Yeah, there's still parts of Texas where it's absolutely that small town vibe and people still have that Southern hospitality. But to your point, due, that's that's also a generational thing. I think we are one or two generations from that being absolutely a thing of the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the way that people represent themselves online and in person are two totally entirely different people, you know.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so we talked a lot about what freemasonry is not.
Speaker 3: Now let's learn what freemasonry is.
Speaker 1: Freemasonry is an enlightened freedom in quotes. In the realm of music, this concept embodies the idea that each instrument, while capable of independent expression, chooses to harmonize and balance its contribution for the collective beauty of the composition. This voluntary discipline ensures that no single part overwhelms the others, creating a cohesive and pleasing musical experience. Similarly, in freemasonry, this principle reflects the fraternity's ethos, where individual members exercise exercise self restraint and align their actions with the broader goals of the lodge. By doing so, they foster a harmonious and cooperative environment. This enlightenment approach highlights the values of balancing personal freedom with collective responsibility, whether in the intricate interplay of the musical ensemble or the collaborative spirit of a sonic lodge. Freemasonry is and quotes the harmony of the stars in the heavens, the yearning for brotherhood, and the heart of man. Indeed, in music, this harmony represents the perfect alignment and interplay of diverse elements, creating a celestial symphony that transcends individual contributions. Each note and instrument, though distinct to comes together to form a unified, harmonious whole, much like the stars forming constellations in the night. In freemasonry, this concept reflects the fraternity's core mission of fostering brotherhood and unity among its members. The quote unquote yearning for brotherhood speaks to the deep intrinsic human desire for connection, solidarity, and solidarity and mutual support. Just as the stars are bound by the laws of the cosmos, Freemasons are guided by universal principles that promote peace, understanding, and a shared sense of purpose.
Speaker 3: Indeed, so there you go.
Speaker 2: Now, with that being said, we get to the secret laws of music, law, vibration, law of resonance, law of rhythm, law of harmony. These promatic Now when we're getting into the realm of what the Masons believe as far as working tools within their craft her meticism.
Speaker 1: Baby, let's go so the secret laws of music. As we have seen, mastering the power of sound can be one of the most potent working tools at the hands of the freemason to bring about transformation during ritual. Here are four laws that deserve contemplation for the serious brother and student of the mysteries. The law of vibration embodies the truth that everything in the universe moves and vibrates at one frequency or another, a fact which modern science endorses. Behind the magical work of the ritual lies the mystery of vibration. The freemason uses this law to govern uniformity in work, to dispel disorder, and to produce heightened awareness. Law vibration, then you have the law of resonance. It says, physics explains how sound affects matter. In detail, we know that everything has a resonant frequency at which it most naturally resonates. When we find that resonant frequency in play and play a sound that matches it, it actually feeds energy into the object. A stronger vibration causes a weaker vibration to vibrate at the same frequency. As the stronger vibration, the proper use of musical resonance by the music by the Freemason, produces a powerful group vibration that attunes to the brethren physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.
Speaker 2: You hear these things right as we're reading these aloud, you can already hear how they are getting into the esoteric, into the occult, into the mystics, into all these things.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, what is freemasonry without those things?
Speaker 2: Well, according to Alford Pike, without the Kabbalah, what is freemasonry?
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Although, as we were talking about vibrations and residents, before we get to the law of rhythm and harmony, if you would like to experience the healing powers of sound frequency technology, can go check out real Rife technologies. All right, our homeboyd Matt Rife, the great nephew of war Raymond Rife, the scientists and engineered that produced and first it discovered these healing frequencies. He has now found a way to produce them, right, to create these speakers, these coils that will send out resonant fibrations and frequencies to your body to heal you.
Speaker 3: He sends out this iPad with it.
Speaker 2: It's a Samsung rather and it's got like over four thousand different sequences and frequencies on it. Let's say you're having stomach pains, there is a frequency for that. You're having a migraine, there's a frequency for that. You got a joint that is killing you, muscle aches, you're trying to recover faster after a workout, whatever the case is, this has the solution within it. It sounds crazy, I know it does, but the science is sound and I personally know at least three people who can verify and validate the healing effects of this device. If you would like to check this out for yourself, go to Real Rife Technologies and use the promo code cult at checkout to get a ten percent discount and free shipping.
Speaker 3: I understand that the calls are a little expensive.
Speaker 2: They are on the pricier side of things as far as your own day to day ritual goes, and maybe you don't want to spend that kind of money. There is a thirty day money back guarantee, so if you are not impressed with the results within thirty days, send it back. No no harm, no.
Speaker 1: Foul, and it's cheaper than insurance, So I just want to throw that out there. Also, just as far as the rife machines go, is that each frequency is a resonant frequency that is attuned to a healthy organ or a healthy whatever that is going on in your body. So your you know, your liver, your lungs, your heart, your brain, your skin, whatever, all has some kind of natural, healthy resonant frequency. And that's the idea of the rife machine, is that it's sending out the frequencies in hopes, not in hopes, it's targeting those organs or whatever on your body that is ailing or out of natural resonance and trying to attune them back to their normal, healthy resonance. That's the idea of the rife machine in general, I think.
Speaker 2: And it's not gonna take a one time fix, right Like, you're not gonna Let's say that you're somebody who suffers from a high stomach acid or something like that. So you play the frequency for this, okay, cool. The first day, you may not feel the effects. It might take you using it every day for a week before you actually start to feel the effects. It takes a while for vibrations to actually start working. Onto your body on that level. But again, I personally know three people, not myself, like three people who are not interested in new age medicine and holistic approaches, and that that wu woo shit, as someone would say, who will swear by these devices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not woo woo at all. It's like you can actually feel it, so it's not that crazy.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: If Jacob can say that, that should be like the check mark, Because Jacob I.
Speaker 3: Can say that. Dude, Me and my dad we shot a commercial together.
Speaker 2: He has physically felt the effects of this machine and he uses it twice.
Speaker 3: A day every day. Like religious, Oh, my parents too.
Speaker 1: I gave my rife machine to my parents and you know, they got back pain. They're a little bit older, you know, and they say, yeah, I mean it's it just works, wonders. It's crazy how it works in your mind. Your mind has a hard time wrapping itself around how it's working because you can't see it happening. But I also want to say too that you know you can't see in a leave happening, you know, but whenever you take it, it works, you know kind of things. Except for this is not sponsored sponsored by Bayar so that's good.
Speaker 2: No, it is not fuck Big Pharma, but we are sponsored by Real Rife Technologies.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: The link is in the description below and use the promo code cult at checkout for a discount any.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, good plug there sir. Another law that they get into is the law of rhythm. Music rises in crescendo, it fades, it moves quickly, then slows, it fades into de crescendo. Behind all of this is a steady and constant rhythm. Everything in the universe vibrates and moves at certain rhythms, like a heartbeat. These rhythms establish seasons, cycles, stages of development, and patterns. The Freemason uses this law to produce effective ritual work. As the nature of the rhythm is established. Through ritual music, the Brethren trains themselves to work together with with united thought, united action, and united ideals and objectives. Stay in rhythm, baby, absolutely see this is you know, And we've we've talked a lot about how you know, just over the over the years we've been doing this show for five years. We would not be looking at freemasonry like the way that we do in understanding the core principles and stuff like that. We were not looking at Freemason freemasonry the same way now as we did back then. Everybody likes to point the finger at the Freemasons or you know, maybe the Illuminati whatever and say that these are the guys that are practicing Satanic sacrifice. And maybe there are some that are right. Who's to say whether that it's not. But if they're based and founded upon these core principles, are you calling on the dark Lord with these principles? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But and we've said that even years ago, we said this, ninety nine percent of Masons are decent people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they got involved with it for the networking of it, maybe they got involved with it because they wanted to make new friends, they wanted to get, you know, a little more enlightenment. Whatever the case is, ninety nine percent of them are not doing anything involving the Dark Arts, right. It is the very very very tippy top and a few of the offshoots that are doing the bad shit that gives the entire group a bad name. However, they are still a secret society, and that in and of itself leads people to immediately have some suspicions surrounding them.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, yeah, well I mean it. You know, it maintains with the idea of initiation. You know, you're not just gonna get Joe blow off the street to come in on a thirty third degree meeting, you know what I mean. So it's probably a little something like that. And also I think that there are and this is a heavily disagree to disagreed upon idea right here. But I just want to throw it out there because I believe that probably most Freemasons believe this. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just saying if we're talking about perspectives here, the idea of Lucifer being the devil and just the antithesis or whatever to God or to Jesus, I don't know if they look at him that way. They look at him for his original symbolism, which is the light bringer. And if you're talking about philosophy and wisdom and your love of wisdom and everything, you want to shed some light on the path that you're on, right like, just the symbolism behind Lucifer being the light Bringer. I don't know if they're they're you know, aligning off with Hell.
Speaker 2: That's more gnostic and a lot, and there's no real ties between the Gnostic literature and Masonic literature.
Speaker 3: There is a cabbalistic.
Speaker 2: Take on it, don't get me wrong, but I think it also depends Mason and Mason right. Like, if you have Freemasons that are also openly Christian, they probably do see Lucifer as like the bad guy obviously, And if you have some Freemasons that are not really involved with one religion or another, they're kind of open and it on that front, they may be more inclined to believe what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I think it varies personal person.
Speaker 1: The reason I say that is, and it's been talked about a lot, and I think we've probably even mentioned it before too, that Lucifer, Satan, and the devil are not the same person.
Speaker 3: Respectfully, I disagree with that.
Speaker 1: But if you look at it, you know Satan is supposed to be it just stands for adversary and Lucifer just stands for you know, light bearer or light bringer or whatever. So if you were to split them up, and even just in the occult nature of them, you're not going to be calling upon Satan for this kind of ritual. Whenever you're talking about the different laws of her meticism and the laws of universe. You know, you wouldn't be calling upon Satan. You might call upon Lucifer just to shed light. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like that same thing would be like saying that Yeshiah, Messiah, and Redeemer are not the same thing, right, Like they're different entities, and it's like that it's not true, right, his name was Yeshiah, but he was the Messiah and he is there for the Redeemer. So like Satan means adversary, devil just means like the antithesis thereof, and the bad guy Lucifer means light bring We're talking about the same entity that's got different words associated to it, that has different weight to it. There's people that disagree that Jesus was the Messiah. There are people that agree that he was the Messia. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Also, the idea of Satan, if you look into it, that Satan is referred to as different individuals. So the idea that Satan was able to go up in heaven and have a conversation with God, it doesn't necessarily mean the individual name Satan. It just means an adversary went up into heaven. I believe that just from doing my own research.
Speaker 2: Joe, Right, yeah, I again, from what I mean, you have done our own research on this, and I respectfully disagree with that.
Speaker 3: That's all I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like whenever Jesus told Peter right after he said that this is the rock of which I will build my church, like two sentences later, says get behind me, Satan.
Speaker 3: He wasn't calling him the devil.
Speaker 2: He was saying, get behind me adversary or person who was going against what I'm trying to do here.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: But then whenever they're talking about Job and the court, they are talking about the actual fall in one patrolling the earth. And that's why the whole conversation of Job took places. Like the only reason Job is even worshiping you is because you've blessed him.
Speaker 3: Take all that.
Speaker 2: Away, and I guarantee he'll fall and worship me instead. Like that was that was the whole thing. So it's it's understood that that was the one in question. It was the evil one, the adversary, the devil, Satan, Lucifer, that person. But to say a satan or a devil is yeah, that's that term itself could be used and applied in other places.
Speaker 1: I guess my point is is that you know, you can have one book but a million different interpretations.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like Roy says, it's like, you know, you get two Jews together, you're gonna get three different opinions. You know, that whole idea. So there are many different ways of looking at one piece of literature, you know, and everybody is up to their own interpretation, and hey, whatever if it if it works in ritual, or it works in ritual. That being said, I don't think that the majority of Freemasons are in some sort of a collective even worshiping the Dark Lord.
Speaker 3: Right. They may not are.
Speaker 2: If they are, they don't know that what the rituals they're doing are pertaining to that. A lot of them are doing it because that's just the tradition. That's just that's just how it's been done for hundreds of years. This is how you go through your initiation. I look, I may think it's weird, but that's the way they do it here. We're just we're doing it this way.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool, It's only the one percent at the very tippy tippy top and some of the offshoots that are doing way more of the dark occult practices that are actually doing something in the realm of evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the one percent of the one percent of the one percent that are doing any of that evil shit. Most of the people in you know, in any in any secret society, I would say, are you know, just seeing as more of you know, enlightenment training with brotherhood right right that being said, we'll get to it. The law of harmony and harmonic relationships is not an arbitrary creation. It is a fundamental attribute of music based on certain proportional relationships among musical tones that the human ear accepts. Consonant music pleasant and agreeable in contrast to dissonant music, which causes tension, influences the emotion expression. Thus, the conscious choice of music in alignment with universal law can intentionally evoke the full range of human emotion, from relaxed, calm, happy and joyous to tense, sad or agitated. In closing, we can gain further inspiration from the wisdom of the past. In ancient times, music was the testimony of the human soul. It was an integral part of the life of the community. Laws of harmony were followed, and only music, not noise, was allowed into society. As each person added his tone to the building of a great his stone to the building of a great cathedral, everyone's quote unquote tone contributed to the evolving melody of the human world. With the rise of individuals individualism, many people began living for themselves alone, thus producing chaos in the world. It is a freemason's duty to bring order out of chaos. Ordo ab chao. The laws have been discussing that we have been discussing. Help us move forward into the light of the greater truth that our labors thus began, or begun in order may be conducted in harmony and closed in peace. May we ever avoid the autocracy of a stubborn melody and the anarchy of unchecked noise. Beautifully said, that was almost poetic.
Speaker 2: Like I said, this entire article was written by a thirty third degree Mason, And like they said, they talked about what freemasonry is, what it is not, the secret laws of music, and within that the principles of the law vibration, resonance, rhythm, and harmony, and these are things that, yeah, we probably could have just had this conversation and debated back and forth. But at least this is what the Freemasons accept as far as that goes, and they have accepted these principles for a very long time. And when we look at Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, right, and we talk about how his musical things played in with free masonry, you start to understand that there was a lot more going on here than just a stage performance. Right now, we can go even further with that. We talked about Mozart. There's Duke Ellington, he was also a Freemason, h js Bach Right, Obviously.
Speaker 3: We've talked about him.
Speaker 2: This article that I'm kind of glancing over here is from The Square magazine dot com, the Square being a Masonic magazine. Here we go within the craft music has served and to be played in Masonic lodge's music composed for Masonic rights and occasions, and lodge songs performed to keyboard accompaniment before, after, and during meetings. But with all this being said, right, we're gonna just kind of gloss over this and kind of go further with this. There's a few people who really have been influential in the realm of music, even into our modern.
Speaker 3: Day and era. Have you ever heard of John Phillips Susa.
Speaker 1: Can't say that I have.
Speaker 2: John Phillips Susa is seen as the father of the modern day marching band. Okay, he was a marine and he was head of the commander, for lack of better words, of the Marine Corps band, which is still operating today. They're known as the President's own because they played for him so much. John Phillips Susa was, in fact a freemason. This is him right now. He is an iconic figure of American music, heralded for his stirring military marches, carved a niche for himself as the March King. Born in eighteen fifty four in Washington, DC, Susa's early life was steeped in music, influenced heavily by his father, a marine band traumbonist or trombone player.
Speaker 1: He almost looks like Teddy Brosevelt.
Speaker 2: He kinda kind of like it humb eighteen fifty four's this is pre Civil War Okay, goes back. So his undeniable talent blossomed as he mastered the violin under the guidance of George Felix Benkirk post a brief tumultuous.
Speaker 3: Stint with John esputa junior.
Speaker 2: The pivotal moment came when his father enlisted him in the United States Marine Band to deter his young son from joining a circus band, setting the stage for a remarkable career that would see Susa ascend to the directorship of the Marine Corps Band. During his tenure, Susa elevated the band's prestige, serving under five presidents. His creative genius bird the marches such as the Stars and Stripes Forever which you've heard that one before, Dun Dun du du du dun dun dun du and simper fidelis, the Marine Corps hymn anthems that resonate with American pride to this day. Susan's own band, formed post his time with the Marine Band, embarked on global tours, endearing him to audiences worldwide. Later, his patriotic fervor found expression in World War One service. Even as he composed prolifically, Susan's legacy, encapsulated in timeless marches and military service, continued to inspire, embodying the spirit of American patriotism and musical excellence. So the point that I wanted to bring up on this is that there is all there's multiple places where you can find musical excellence and genius that would say that they found it from a masonically inspired place. So then when we look back at the Magic Flute, right, this opera, now, like they said, was also seen conspiratorially. It was a middle finger to the Queen, It was a thumbs up to the king, and it was a statement that was being made to those that were initiated that would understand the message that was being played on stage for them. But it was also super entertaining and fantasy enough to where your average Joe blow off the street that happened to go to the theater that day would also leave it feeling like they just saw for an amazing performance.
Speaker 1: Right right, And it's almost the manifested feeling that you get whenever you're listening to that music. Could be the message that underlays all of free Masonic understanding. I would say it's very very true.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, we got one more video to play here where a master Mason will actually speak about the Magic flu itself and give a little more insight to it to solidify the theories and the perspectives that we have shared on this episode.
Speaker 3: Let's listen in this.
Speaker 5: Is inside the music. I'm Brian Lawrenson. The Magic Flute is not only an opera that tells the story of love and trials, there's also a deeper meaning. Mozart intended the work to be a dramatic representation of a person's initiation into Freemasonry, and to learn more about it, I went to the Masonic Center in Santa Monica spoke with former Grand Master of Masons in California, Stephen Don.
Speaker 7: This is known as Mozart's Masonic Opera, written in the last year of his life, and he did something that he knew his Masonic brothers would attend and that non Masons would come out of curiosity for what the Masons were about. And he thinly disguised a Masonic initiation ceremony in this opera. So as part of the Masonic initiation ceremony at the time, the cam goes through these four elemental tests earth, water, air fire to prove to the brethren that they have the right balance of these four and of course we see these in the second act of the opera. Tomno's going through the initiatic process and the first two are earth and air, and then he does fire and water subsequently.
Speaker 3: So this opera is called the Magic Flute.
Speaker 5: I imagine there's quite a bit to unpack there.
Speaker 7: Freemasonry is all about harmony. That's why geometry is the central symbol of freemasonry. Because geometry measures the harmony in the universe. There's a principle in theology, it's called hypostasis. We can never know the divine, we can only see the work of the divine. And because geometry measures the harmony in the universe, geometry therefore becomes the symbol of the creator of that harmony. That's the whole point of freemasonry. That's really the whole point of this opera, and the Magic Flute convey this sense of harmony. The flute is magical because the four elements are in balance. It's made from wood from the earth. It was made on a rainy night when there was water and also thunder and lightning, which is fire. But then most importantly, it takes someone to apply the breath, somebody who has the wisdom to play the music on the flute that will return harmony.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it actually it compares, you know, the way that he just kind of explained that with Taoism in a way as well, because the one of the main quotes in the the Doao says that the dow that can be told is not the true Dao, basically saying that, like words or explanations can't explain the very definition of the doo or you know, some might say the God or the source or whatever. Taoism is kind of just you know, another word for God.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I've looked into Taoism a good bit and it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't really show a creator.
Speaker 1: But no, no, it's not necessarily a creator. I'm just trying to put it in your lens.
Speaker 3: So like the universe essentially, you.
Speaker 1: Could look at it that way, just like whatever makes up the individual atoms of everything, you know, the everything that created that or whatever. But anyway, I just pulled it up and it says this phrase suggests that the true essence of the dow or the natural way of the universe cannot be fully captured or defined by words or explanations. It emphasizes the idea that personal experience and understanding of the doo are more soignificant than any verbal description.
Speaker 3: Okay, so fair.
Speaker 1: You know that people like to put God in a box. Basically, they're saying you can.
Speaker 2: So all this to say, Mozart wrote this composition with this intention, specifically to convey a very Masonic message, right, and.
Speaker 3: To the uninitiated.
Speaker 2: If me and you, let's say that The Magic Flute had a playing in Houston, and for whatever reason, I was in town and we decided let's go check it out, we would have never known that. We would have just seen the play and thought that it was kind of crazy. Mozart was kind of losing You're not not losing his mind, but he was.
Speaker 3: He had a very wild imagination.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, then those that were initiated would know what the deeper meaning really was. This is actually called the Masonic Opera.
Speaker 1: I love it. I did not know about that. That makes me love it even more.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's kind of crazy, Like I said, I just I kind of stumbled upon a book about this this morning when I was at Barnes and Noble had no idea.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's kind of an old story, isn't it.
Speaker 2: And then as I looked into him, I was like, well, I know what my topic is today.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Yes, yes, we find inspiration on a daily basis as for the topics that we will be conversing about. So yeah, that's what we try to do. Look, if you have an idea about a show that you would like to see us shoot on or see us talk about, then there are many of different ways that you can reach out to us. The best way would be to come over to Patreon, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, all these other things are very hard. We can't keep up with them. It's just too many. It's a two man operation. We have, you know, affiliates that we work with as well that help us edit and help us promote, you know, shorts and stuff like that, but for the most part, we're the ones that are reading all the messages and we're the nobody else does it right. And so if you want to be able to do that, come over to Patreon. But we do have a couple of other ways that you can do that as well.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 2: Indeed, if you would like to support the show and support your own financial future and freedom, then the best thing that you could do is get invested in something that is tangible that you can hold on too for years that will gain value.
Speaker 3: One of these.
Speaker 2: Items was precious metals right, and if you will like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver boy and minted coins real weight of these precious metals, and go to the link in the description below to cecsilver dot com. When you fill out your information, our homeboy Wayne Clark is gonna be the one to reach out to you and get you squared away. Do you want to buy a little bit? Do you want to buy a lot a bit? You be the decider on that one. Listen, talk to your financial advisor, talk to your CPA, your accountant, whoever you got, and ask them what they think about the investment into precious metals.
Speaker 3: I promise you they're going to.
Speaker 2: Say that a portion of your retirement port folio needs to be invested in precious metals. Best place to get your start, like I said, would be to go to the link in the description below to cocsilver dot com. But another way to the port the show and let us know what you think about this episode in particular, is hissing the comments.
Speaker 3: And while you're there, you could also please hit.
Speaker 8: The five stars, hit the share like subscribes to comments, label postly reviews shares A defensive family shares that we're here's the deal. The more activity the algorithm see across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could that become potential cult members like risking? Bye, ladies and gentlemen, Why are gonna go check out Metamistics Jonathan's other show and getting the same lover of respect over there with the five star reviews and the positivity in the comments. Come check out the k tonight and come join each of us for our individual patrons that we host every Wednesday night at nine pm Central.
Speaker 3: Links are in the description below as well. And we thank you for everybody's already gone and have done so.
Speaker 1: And with that being sad, this was another beautiful episode of the Culture of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan from Jake and there's one very important, extremely vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Adam Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all.
Speaker 3: When you get one item.
Speaker 2: They will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screet shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or any thing you desire. Just enter the offer code Cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping.
Speaker 3: Use the offer code cult.
Speaker 2: That's Cult at Adam and Eve dot com.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code Cult