Speaker 1: Dave Fraser, Fox thirty one meteorologist, How are you today, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good. I'm doing good. I've been listening. I glad to hear that you reached out to your friends and family or whoever and got them to consider going.
Speaker 1: And they all have. Everybody on the West coast has relocated, and everybody on the East coast is ready. So everybody is as good as they can be in Florida right now. And so I want to ask you this is so I'm gonna ask you an absurd question, Okay, And even as I ask it to you, I know as it's coming out of my mouth it's an absurd question. But going around the internet right now, Dave Frasier, there is all of this stuff about how the government is controlling the weather. Specifically, they made Helene go up the southeast United States right over the lithium mines. And that's I mean, the let's talk about government controlling weather, shall we, Dave? Where are we in that process?
Speaker 2: We're on the test pool of social with that. Let's be honest. I mean, listen, there's conspiracy theorists for everything. But if you're saying that any there's any way that we can control something the size of a Haleen or a Milton and share it or drive it or direct it in one direction or another. Uh, there's not a chance. There's just no there's no way. There's no way. So I'll I'll just leave that to the conspiratorists and those on social media to spread whatever they want to do.
Speaker 1: It's so Dave, It's just it shows that this isn't really about weather, but it shows that people are so distrustful of the government that they would rather believe that not only think about it like this. And this is what I said back to someone on social media not too long ago, who's actually a friend of mine, who posted this on Facebook, and I was like, stop doing this, just stop doing this. This makes you look stupid because you have to believe that not only does a government send a hurricane to kill hundreds of people in Helene, you also have to believe that they let farmers in the Midwest go through horrific droughts that destroy their crops, that allow hailstorms to happen that destroy those crops. So you have to believe that the government is so bad that they would let people starve and go out of business. And then destroy their homes and livelihood and interstate highways for what I mean, it's just so dumb. It's so dumb. Now I want to ask a follow up question though, because there have been efforts to try and control the weather, the Heart program in Alaska. I mean, these are documented scientific experiments trying to control the weather, but to my knowledge, they've not been successful in any way, shape or for right.
Speaker 2: Even cloud seating, while it does, while it is a thing, and it does they do do it here in parts of Colorado, the success rate is very, very low. So yeah, there's just not much you're going to do. I mean, just think about where we are, the size of the planet, the minuscule impact we could have in controlling the weather across the you know, across the planet, the strength of the sun, the power of the oceans. There's just no way that I could wrap my brain around that contributions, you know, cloud seating and stuff like that. Sure's it's one of the things that frustrates me the most about social media, and I tend to turn a deaf ear, if you will. I tend to do less and less on social media because of that. Yeah, it's just a lot of it's a lot of noise. And again we're off topic with weather, but it's a lot of noise. And I tell my two sons all the time, you know two things, stay away from Stay away from politics and religion unless you're comfortable discussing them with the people in front of you. Otherwise it just turns into a fight or an argument. And it's another reason why I don't go down the rabbit hole of global warming. You know, do I believe there has been you know, are we in a certain climate change right now? Certainly? I mean, look at just what's happened with Alene, look at what's happening with Milton. You can't argue with but you will get into an argument. There's just no right or wrong. The minute you go in one direction on either side of that conversation, somebody's coming at you from the other side. So the best thing for me to do is just quietly sit in the background and let people fight amongst themselves.
Speaker 1: That's a great strategy. Now, let's talk about our weather, which has been unseasonably warm. And I just said to a Rod, I'm actually enjoying this. I could lie to you. I just think it's so pleasant outside I know it's a little too warm for people, but it's beautiful outside even with the smoke. And when is this going to end? And are we going to have a warm Halloween or is that going to be our first big snow.
Speaker 2: So I agree with you and your assessment of it being you know, this type of warmth is not summer heat. Yeah, it's just got that warm kind of wrap around you kind of feel during the day. But as soon as we get to those earlier sunsets, the temperatures drop au dramatically and you've got your cool, crisp nights. And that's the balance and the great part of September and October. We can have these warm days, but it's not the summer heat we are seeing, and it's not uncommon. We're getting later into the month of October, the sun's angle is getting lower, the days are getting shorter. So as I'm sitting here doing the forecast right now, one of the things we're seeing is two cold fronts coming our way. The first one comes on Friday, gets us out of the eighties and down into about the mid seventies. Nice refreshing, little change. Right now, Denver's average is about sixty eight degrees. There's a second cold front coming, so we'll one back up on Saturday into the low eighties. The second one comes in Sunday. That one looks to have cool enough air behind it that it will sit and stay. So our forecast is actually going to be a mix of upper sixties, more seasonal readings starting early next week, and some low seventies. But right now, once we get beyond Saturday's eighty degree temperature, I don't see eighties coming back at this point, within at least the next ten days. However, we do look to stay dry. That part of the equation is not going to change.
Speaker 1: So the we're not even I mean I don't even have to bring my plants in from outside yet. We're not even looking at that, like we're not even sniffing our first freeze yet.
Speaker 2: No. And I heard you and a Rod talking about the sprinkler system. I know you've got yours planning. A lot of people like you have them scheduled out ahead of time, and it's gonna they're gonna come and shut them off whenever, and you're okay with your long going dormit. It is that time of the year anyway. Your grass is probably looking green like a Rod talked about. I did chastise him about spending too much money and throwing must st Yeah, yeah, just throwing money away. Listen, your grass looks green and it's great. It's because of the cool Chris Knight. But it's not growing like it does in the summer. So you should be reducing your water dramatically. You should not be watering as much. Save the money, put it in your pocket. Don't worry about blowing your sprinklers out to your seyet if you don't want to, because your trees and your shrubs could use a drink. But keep an eye on the forecast to that first shot at fleezing temperatures, and that's when you're going to want to start. And I will tell you that's not for the next ten days, so you can leave them on if you've got them scheduled, like manager that have blown out, blown out and call it a season. All right.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this question from a texter. I gotta find it because a lot of texts have come in now. It says, please ask Dave. Is this a warm pattern going so late, the new normal going forward, or just a random off year. I mean, we kind of talked about. I'm with you, it's apparent to me the earth is warming right. The underpinnings will leave to others to discuss right now, But is this going to be our new normal? Are we going to have warm falls? Or is it too soon to tell?
Speaker 2: You know what we have seen. I think what we need is a larger database to look at it to see if we can determine whether it is a new due to climate change, and whether it's new or not. I think we would need probably maybe ten years worth of records. We had seen some warm Septembers and Octobers of late. We've also noticed in the last couple of years, and you may have noticed this as well, that March and April we always tout as our snowiest months, but I think in the last six years that'd be a worry. Yeah, has outdone March as the snowiest month. So could that signal the change in kind of the maybe a slight shift in the seasons where fall hangs or summer goes a little later and winter starts a little later and it ramps up and then spring comes. I think we need a bigger database to be able to really be able to say with any kind of concrete evidence that yeah, we might be seeing as shift. But remember that the climate is cyclical. We know that over the duration. And while we've had records, for instance here in Denver, going back to eighteen seventy two, I heard you talking earlier, there are things that we can't compare before we had records. For instance, you mentioned the mill of bars for low pressure as it relates to hurricanes. We didn't even start keeping those records till nineteen seventy nine, so our database is not very deep when it comes to the history of weather and climate on this planet.
Speaker 1: All right, So that is I have nothing to add because I think you're right. So we'll just leave it at that. What is our immediate forecast before we let you go?
Speaker 2: Eighties today? There's a little smoke in the air, not in Denver. We've got beautiful air from Denver to the south, and you should get into the northeast corner, some of that smoke should lift out. We're Sunday and dry again. I think we're about eighty four tomorrow. I think we're seventy four on Friday. I think we're eighty one eighty two on Saturday, and then I've got probably around seventy Sunday, upper sixties, Monday seventy one, seventy two, just about every day next week, and your overnight lows here's the key, may get down a couple of mornings into the upper thirties. Not cold enough to be worried about sprinklers, but maybe a little cross on the pumpkin in a few places. All right, sweater weather, a.
Speaker 1: Rod, A little frost on the pumpkin almost sounds dirty, Dave Fraser, I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Dave ayrod.
Speaker 1: Once again, no snow on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Right as of right now, the fourtecast continues to look dry and warmth for the month. We're right about a nine degree average above for the month of October.
Speaker 1: All right, BOK thirty one, Chief Meteorologist, Dave Fraser. I appreciate you. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: The same back at you, Thank you, thanks sing