Speaker 1: One thing about this team is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 1: I love letting me guys have the show.
Speaker 3: Just thank you, give me are your attention, your fires.
Speaker 4: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion for the.
Speaker 5: Small soft time they get at people what they want to die to in a row two is special.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, it's not Aheadache's man one of a con man.
Speaker 6: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 2: Hell Talk, go to the show, grab your phone to get in on the.
Speaker 4: Show called eight six six nine to eighty seven two five seven, I'll come to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kaks.
Speaker 5: Well, say goodbye to the Chicago Cubs from the remainder of the season. The Dodgers are done with the Cubbies. After twenty five games to the season. They have now faced them seven times.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers in Cubby will not see each other the remainder of the regular season. But who knows, maybe these Dodgers and Cubs will meet up somewhere in the postseason. Hi everybody, and welcome to postgame Dodger talk here on a five to seventy LA Sports thinks you being with us on this Wednesday night. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Got a couple lines open if you want to jump on board. Certainly a disappointing series for the Dodgers in Chicago last night, losing the leads, going back and forth, exchanging runs with the Cubbies, and then losing in extra innings to Chicago Tonight, the Dodgers jumped out to a turn two nine in the lead, gave up the lead, only to see the Dodgers offense regive them a two run lead in the top half of the fifth inning, only to see then Jack Dreyer give up four runs in the bottom half of the fifth inning as the Cubs come back and win it seven to six.
Speaker 6: Tonight.
Speaker 5: A bullpen game for the Dodgers, and we're used to bullpen games. We saw the postseason, we saw him in the World Series, and what we saw in October last year was a bullpen pasted the baton to one another, put up zeros and let their offense go to work.
Speaker 6: And win baseball games. That was a recipe for.
Speaker 5: Success in twenty twenty four many times, including in October. But tonight one of those examples of a Dodger bullpen. I think that is starting to rack up a lot of miles on these arms. Now, twenty five games into this regular season. Ben Casparius, who's a former starter in the minor leagues just a year ago, went forty pitches tonight, two and two thirds, probably right around where his cap was as a long reliever for this Dodgers team at the big leagues. But he's a starter, not built up, not used to going more than forty forty five to fifty pitches. Dave Roberts pulled him in the thirty and with two outs and the Dodgers on top three two to nothing. It would then take the Dodgers' bullpen to pass that baton and keep the lead and keep the highest scoring offense in the Chicago Cubs off the board. Anthony Bonda did it for two thirds of an inning. Noah Davis came in and had a rough outing, give up a three run home run to Pete Crow Armstrong, who continues to haunt the Dodgers, and it's really a Dodger team that he's getting after. Since becoming a big leaguer two years ago, Pete Crow Armstrong at a Harvard Westlake High School doesn't have more than two home runs against any team in baseball except for the Dodgers. He has four home runs in now ten games against the Dodgers, his hometown team. That aside, the Dodgers' bullpen had to put up zeros after the mistakes by Noah Davis. And certainly, when you give up four runs like Jack Dryer did and you're down seven to five, you're putting yourself in a tough situation. The credit to Kirby Yates, Evan Phillips, Luis Garcia, who got out of.
Speaker 6: A jam thanks to a double playball.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers' bullpen put up zeros after Jack Dryer's fifth inning, except the damage was done and the Dodgers' offense outside of the Andy Pot has home run to make a one run game couldn't muster up much the rest of the way. One positive Mookie Bets tonight. Mooki Betts hopefully had one of those games that gets him back on track. Mookie Bets three for five tonight with an RBI. He had been really in a funk offensively the last eight games, so good to see Mookie Betts hopefully turn the page from whatever he was in again tonight three for five with an extra base hit. Maybe he starts heating up for show Heyotani. That dad strength hasn't shown yet. Since coming off the paternity list. Shoe Heotani has struggled at the plate in three games since returning, one for eleven, no extra base hits, five strikeouts, and he's walked twice. And tonight, Shoeyotani came up with a golden opportunity to help out the Dodgers down seven to six in the sixth inning. Andy pot Has had already homered. Dodgers had two to on two out, runners on second and third, and showy Otani popped out to shortstop. Well, the table was set for him, but he couldn't deliver. I mean, how many times in the first twenty two games of this season have we heard, well, Shoeyotani's not getting up enough with runners in scoring position. The guys in front of Shoeyotani are not putting him in position to drive in runs. Tonight an example of that they did and he could not deliver eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. The Dodgers pitching tonight backfired. And what was a bullpen game and all it takes is one bad inning tonight, it was two bad innings for the Dodgers that really did them in. Yet they kept they kept scratching, they kept clawing. When you've got an offense, fight the Dodgers that in two games scored sixteen runs against the Cubbies. You should at least win one of those games. Right, it's an average of eight runs per game. They had ten last night, they had six tonight. Unfortunately, the Dodger pitching let them down last night, and Dodger pitching let him again down tonight eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. And before you jump on Max Munsey and his struggles, the struggles are real. The struggles are real for Max Munsey tonight didn't get the start. Miguel ro hosted zero for one tonight, coming off the.
Speaker 6: Bench as a pinch hit or late in the game. And what did he do with that one at bat?
Speaker 5: He struck out Now hitting one to seventy eight on the season, slugging two forty seven and Max Munsey now still with as many home runs as me in twenty twenty five, zero and only four runs batted in for Max Munsey, So I know he is struggling, and Dodger fans want to pile on Max Munsey, but it is not a one man blame game here for the Dodgers' inability to win the last two games in Chicago, pitching, defense, base running, just little things add up. They extend innings, They give an extra out to a Cups team that doesn't need an extra out. Tonight, the Dodger pitchers combined.
Speaker 6: For seven walks, seven.
Speaker 5: Seven free passes to Chicago Cups players, which led to Pete crow Armstrong still in a base late when he walked five stolen bases tonight. Makee that with two, three, four, Yeah, five stolen bases for the Cubbies tonight against Dodger pitching. Five stolen bases, defense pitching, and you got an offense in the Cubbies that can score runs and they can swing it. That's not a recipe for success with the Dodgers, and they tonight saw a Cubs team come back down twice by two runs, take the lead, hang on to the lead and win the series of the season four games to three. Dodgers and Cubs will not see each other again the rest of the regular season. Kind of weird, right, the whole Tokyo two game series, the Dodgers playing the Cubs early at Dodgers Stadium here in April, and then the two games in Chicago to make up for the two games in Tokyo. That's it because of the even schedule across the board. Now in baseball, you only get seven games against teams not in your division, and so the Dodgers and Cubs won't play each other in the hot summer Chicago days that we've seen so many times in the summer.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 5: Next chance we will see the Cubs and Dodgers play is an October if both can get there. And the Cubs, by the way leading the NL Central at sixteen and ten, the Dodgers one game back. Now the padres in the NL West at sixteen and ni, let's go out to the phones, Jasper Newport Beach start things off on this Wednesday night after the Dodgers lose in Chicago's seven to six, Jasper, what's going on.
Speaker 2: Hey, Timmy, how you doing tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm a little frustrated with the pitching. I mentioned over the weekend, my concern for the bullpen, the amount of innings being pitched, and when you're asking the bullpen last night to throw a lot of innings because Dustin May struggled in tonight, they got to go back out there and seven different relievers have to pitch in the bullpen game. I know there's a day off tomorrow, Jasper, but May, we're asking a lot out of these guys.
Speaker 2: They couldn't agree more. Sam, I just want to call and tell you that this Dodger team right now is reminding me of my golf game a bit, and for all my golfers out there be able to relate. One club starts working, the others start to disappear. Starting pitching has been really good. The bullpen lights out, especially in Texas, and the offense just couldn't get those big Dodger innings going. And here in Chicago you said it, sixteen runs in two games and the pitching starts to disappear. I think we just need to get the driver. Got to get the Irons a short game. All fire and at the same time we're gonna go on a big win streak.
Speaker 5: It's a good analogy. I like that, Jasper appreciate the phone call. Yeah, the Dodgers are like a lot of people's golf game. Right now, something's working, the other two parts aren't working. It's just when you figure out that other part that wasn't working, the part that was working for you stops working. So yeah, it is certainly frustration for the Dodgers again last year twenty twenty four, especially in October. Great defense, good base running, did not make mistakes, didn't hurt themselves, no self inflicted wounds for the Dodgers. And when you play clean baseball and you got the offense like the Dodgers have, and you can get some good pitching, you're gonna win more times than not if you're the Dodgers. But when the hitting falls off a little bit, where's the defensive pitching to pick him up?
Speaker 6: It has to be there.
Speaker 5: Well, the hitting's there tonight he scored six runs. He scored sixteen runs in two games, but starting pitching hasn't been there the last two nights. Well, certainly a bullpen game tonight with Ben Casparious getting the start but the bullpen last night and the bullpen tonight again. A lot of innings starting to mount up for Dodger relievers. Two thirds here, two thirds there, an inning here, two and two thirds more for Ben Casparius.
Speaker 6: I think Jose Motor brought up a really good point when he was all with this in the Clubhouse show.
Speaker 5: It's this twenty five games into the season, seven of those games against the Chicago Cubs. You're starting to get a little familiar with the pitching. You're seeing relievers now a lot. Think about the sixteen to nothing game that Ben Casparrius got touched up with A couple of saturdays, go, I was there.
Speaker 6: I stayed for all nine innings.
Speaker 5: Watch Miguel Rojas doing impressions on the mound in a sixteen to nothing loss at home to the Cubbies. They've played out seven times in the last month against each other. It's a lot of time seeing Casparius, a Bonda, a dryer, a dust in may, seeing these different Dodger pitchers on the flip side the same thing. How many times have they see Matthew Boyden now a couple you know, we've seen show to Imanaga a couple of times. So you're starting to get familiar with the other team, just like you would though in a seven game series. First time you see a starting pitching in game one, well you're gonna see him in game four. So as a batter, you're a little bit more familiar because you got four abs against the guy four days ago. So it's muscle memory. You remember what he's like, what he does, what he doesn't do, how he pitches you. So the fact that they've seen each other now seven times in twenty five games, that could.
Speaker 6: Be part of it.
Speaker 5: And when you're throwing a lot of Dodger levers out there, they soak up innings. That's given the Cubs a lot of opportunity to see these guys and get familiar with Dodger relievers and to see Jack Dryer. And tonight it was Jack Dryer's turn to give it up. He'll like give up two hits, but he walked three and a sack fly, a two run single and a RBI single did him in. When you load the bases up and then you you give up a hit here, a sack fly there, and a hit up the middle. Damage done. That's three runs right there, part of a four run fourth inning for the Cubbies. They win it seven six over the Dodgers tonight, as the Dodgers fall to sixteen to nine on the season. Let's go to Santos and the Ie checking in here on Dodger Talk on this Wednesday night.
Speaker 6: Santos, welcome, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up, Tim?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm just like yeah, man. I mean it's like Dave like he should, uh, he should let Casparius out there a little bit longer, you know, like Casparre's was being a dog. He was out there, Like I was surprised to see him take him out, Like I think it was a third with two innings. I was like, well, he could get at least like another two more innings, like at the very least, Like, let that guy just burn out because what we got the Pirates coming up this weekend. Like give him the weekend off, okay, cool, burn him out because our bullpen's been burnt out for at least.
Speaker 5: Last thing I want to do is burn him out for an extend amount of time and hurt his arms. Santos, I mean he threw forty pitches tonight, just looking at how many times he's pitched. He threw forty seven against Colorado. Last Wednesday, he threw forty one against these same cubs in that she lacking, which they lost sixteen to nothing. Other than that, he hasn't thrown really more than thirty five pitches in a game. So I don't know if it's too much to ask him to finish the third inning. He's at forty pitches, he's got two outs. You know, maybe you try to get that final lot, get him to forty five pitches.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what his limit is. I don't know how he's feeling. You know, behind the scenes, I'm sure they know all that. They've charted all it, and they had a game plan for everything. But I'm with you with the with the the way he was pitching, and I appreciate the phone call, with the way he was pitching, the way he was out there and didn't seem to have a lost stressful contact and innings out there in the.
Speaker 6: First two and two thirds.
Speaker 5: I mean, he gave him a lead up double in the second, but a ball that fell in and you know, you could have been caught, but got out of it with the strikeout, ground out and a flyout got himself out of it really quickly, and then a flyout on the strikeout. Maybe let him go a little bit more, especially with a bullpen that is pitched a lot of innings.
Speaker 6: And last night you.
Speaker 5: Saw guys had to come out and pick up for Dustin May.
Speaker 6: So again they know everything.
Speaker 5: They know it better than we do as far as the feel where he's at, the pitch count, all.
Speaker 6: That stuff's taken it.
Speaker 5: It's it's not just a guess, all right, Hey, you know what forty pitches, Hey, let's take him out, okay or whatever. It's it's all planned it strategized out. They got a game plan and kind of a map of where they're following here. This this bullpen game. That's the problem with bullpen games. If if something goes off course, I mean, you got it mapped out. You know a lot of times they got it mapped out to the hitter. All right, you're gonna get these two hitters. You're gonna get this inning, all right. If he goes, if you get it quickenning here, you're gonna come back and at least the first two guys because they're lefty, righty you know it's all it's all strategically done right. There's a purpose for what they're doing. But all it takes is a home run or a couple of walks like what happened with Jack Dryer in the fifth inning, and your plan, your map to navigate through twenty seven outs, all of a sudden you got issues and you're off course.
Speaker 6: You gotta figure out how to get back on course.
Speaker 5: And now you've got a lingering bullpen out there already throwing a lot of innings, and now you're chasing a seven to five Cubs lead, and it's the fifth inning. You know, it's the bottom of the fifth, and you gotta go back out for the sixth, seventh, eighth, and maybe the ninth if if you gotta go back on and pitch the bottom the ninth inning, And you got people that have to cover those out, and you're in the fifth inning now and you've already used up one, two, three, four relievers out of that bullpen.
Speaker 6: So it changes the game plan.
Speaker 5: It certainly gets you off course for the plan you have in place for Dave Roberts and Mark Pryor.
Speaker 6: Despite all that, the Dodgers still had the lead twice.
Speaker 5: In this game, leading by two runs two to nothing early and then a five to three leading the fifth, and they made it a seven to sixth game in the sixth inning and still had an opportunity. So that all being said, the offense, still chugging along, had opportunities eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seven.
Speaker 6: He will take a break here, come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls.
Speaker 5: As the Dodgers lose in Chicago tonight seven to six, Matthew Boyd gets the win.
Speaker 6: Jack Dryer gets the loss.
Speaker 5: Ta Oscar Hernandez drove in four of the Dodgers six runs. Mookie Betts had an RBI double, Andy Paez had a home run. He's got home runs down back to back games. Maybe he's gonna get going. We saw Mookie Betts tonight have an RBI double in the top half.
Speaker 6: Of the fifth inning.
Speaker 5: Mookie tonight with a three for five outing. Maybe he's gonna get going offensively again. Dodgers, though, head back home after a disappointing two to three road trip in Texas. In Chicago, now the Dodgers back home for a six game homestad beginning of Friday night. Look ahead to that coming up in your phone calls. Thanks for being with us on this Wednesday night. Dodgers lose to the Cubbies seventy six. At postgame Dodger Talk Live on AM FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: App AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: We're streaming online.
Speaker 4: We stream every game too. Come find me back to Dodger Talk God AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: It's now tied at three. Here's the pitch, swinging a five ball that field hit well back toward the wall. It is gone.
Speaker 5: Tayo tasof and the Dodgers jump back in front. Task is a two run home run in the fifth inning, part of a three run fifth for the Dodgers, number six on the season for Tae Oscar. Andy Paez would also go deep in the sixth inning, his fourth of the season. Second home runs as many days, but not enough, as the Dodgers fall to the Chicago Cubs seven to six. Daniels Jewelers Presents the home run forecast. Go to AM five seventy LA sports dot com Keyward home Run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card by predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream Well. The Chicago Cubs own the season series with the Dodgers. They have now played seven times. That is it for the regular season. They will not meet again until October if both teams were to get there. The Cubs win the season series four games to three with this two game sweep at Wrigley Field in Chicago. The Dodgers Tonight, a bullpen game. Seven different relievers took the mount starting with Ben Caspirius, who went two and two third innings, no runs, one hit, three strikeouts. Remember Ben Casparius got lit up at Dodger Stadium just a couple of weekends ago, and he comes back tonight and pitched really well. Jack Dryer, who pitched well against the Cubs a couple of weekends to go at Dodger Stadium tonight, comes out, walks three, gives up four runs, part of a four run fifth inning for the Cubs that gave him a seven to five lead, pass his home run minute, his seven to six game. So it's part of baseball right to see a team and a player have the ups and downs of a season, a series, a week and for Ben Casparius, the low of lows a couple weekends ago against the Cubbies, comes back out tonight and pitches really well into the third inning, struck out three along the way through forty pitches, give up just the one blue pit that was it, which is a double. But good for Ben Casparius, Jack Dryer, He'll bounce back, no doubt about it. He is a really good young reliever for the Dodgers. Just tonight a hiccup for him in the fifth inning. Despite it, the Dodgers almost came up with a couple of runs in the sixth inning and shoey Otani a golden opportunity with two on, two outrunners on second and third, but he popped out to shortstop to end the threat, in which a basit would have given the Dodgers back the lead again eight to seven.
Speaker 6: So, uh, he comes through.
Speaker 5: We're not talking about anything but a Dodger will win probably he pops out, and we're talking about the struggles of the offense against the high scoring Chicago Cubs, who are the highest scoring offense in all of baseball as they beat the Dodgers tonight seven to six, eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the number. Let's go to Charles in San Diego's next up here on postgame Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Charles going on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Doing good? Yeah, a couple of rough outings we had here in Chicago. You do have a couple of things, you know, with the bullpen being being used as it has been, and just found out today that Blake Snow is gonna be shut down possibly, So I was wondering if you keep hearing about Tony golfriend is coming back and a couple of other pictures like code pick or whatnot, do you think that they're gonna big him up, bring him up in the next home stand or well do you think on that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate the phone call Michael Kopeks a ways away. I know he's throwing bullpen sessions, but he is not close to coming back and being a part of this Dodger bullpen. I'll give you a quick Tony Gonsolin update. He allowed two runs in his longest outing in a minor league start since twenty twenty three. Yeah, he allowed two runs, pitched into the sixth inning in his fourth and what could be his final rehab start in Triple A Oklahoma City. He threw seventy nine pitches for Triple A Oklahoma City. Gonsolin induced five groundouts, including a double play, also got three infield popouts.
Speaker 6: He threw thirty six fastballs.
Speaker 5: This was tonight in a start for the comments in Triple A he averages fastball around ninety three. They're saying he talked out about ninety five ninety six. So now, in four rehab starts for Tony Gonsolin, he's allowed six runs on eleven hits with six walks in fourteen innings with sixteen strikeouts. So the way it lines up right now, I guess he could be good to go next week in the series against Miami if he were to get called up from Triple A Oklahoma City, and he very well maybe called up because the Dodgers I don't think they could keep having bullpen games once a week, at least not right now while they are banged up. And he brought up Blake Snell's name, Blake Snell is not progressing. David Vassay mentioned it in the pregame show. I'll repeat what David said then that Blake Snell was scheduled to throw a bullpen session but decided not to and canceled that after he felt some discomfort playing catch yesterday. He's gonna be re examined in Los Angeles and the team returns. Dave Roberts said, the Dodgers have stressed to him it's the big picture. Certainly, it's a six month season, so don't rush back in late April, because they're really gonna need Blake Snell after the All Star breaking into October. Certainly, that's why you're seeing Showyotani the long play here with him ramping up and an update on Shoeyotani did not throw a bullpen session because of the paternity league that he was gone. He is not going to throw a bullpen session until this weekend. According to Mark Pryor, So, he didn't have a setback. It's just the paternity list being gone for a couple of days prevented him from throwing. So they want to just rush him back to throwing a bullpen. They wanted him to play some long costs and get back into a routine before he starts playing and pitching more and returning for the Dodgers. So there's a quick up on Blake Snell, showy Otani, real quick on Will Smith did not play tonight. Austin Barnes got to start and play the entire game. Will Smith did not play because of the sore left wrist that he suffered when he banged his wrist last night tagging Ian Happ in the sixth inning there in Chicago. Let's go back out to Chicago. Let's check in with the Dodgers skipper Dave Roberts. Certainly not going to be a happy flight for the Dodgers as they return home from this roadchip.
Speaker 6: But let's get his postgame thoughts.
Speaker 7: We're just not pitching the way we're capable of. I think that certainly been the starter did a really nice job getting into the third inning. I think we're walking a lot of guys, giving free bases and having to be perfect to get out of jams. The pitch count with a lot of guys is up and just giving guys opportunities. But obviously you can look at those guys and they're swinging the bets. Well, we made a lot of mistakes. It was good to see the offense fight back and you know, give us a chance to win. Excited to get home, but there's no sense of panic or reason of panic. Some good things with the offense. Obviously, Mookie showed some life. Andy showed some life this series, which is great. This road trip actually, and so we'll get some other guys on track. Tail was good, but we got some things to clean up. But you know, outside of that, we just got to keep moving on.
Speaker 6: Jack has been excellent as of late.
Speaker 4: But if you were to look at today's outing, if there was something that he could just whether learn from this or take something way, what would it be.
Speaker 7: Well, I think think with Jackie is I think there were some uncharacteristic walks obviously, and he's one of those pitchers that his stuff does play in the hitting zone and he just didn't give himself a chance. So three walks to start his outing certainly wasn't ideal, and you know that, you know, unfortunately was the difference in the game. But shoot, Jack's been.
Speaker 6: Great for us.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 8: Part of your identity was how good you guys were on defense and base running. Do you feel like you guys are giving away too many outs on the bases, and where do you see all that being played into one run games?
Speaker 7: You know, I think the last that was I think a problem. The first couple weeks of the season, it was addressed, and I think the last couple of weeks we've done a really nice job of that. But yeah, today, certainly, you know, throwing to the wrong base which ended up being a run different in the ballgame right there, Obviously getting picked off where a rally could have you know, started brewing. Now there's just things that, yeah, we gave them extra out, and a team that's playing well, playing as well as they are, you just can't afford to do that.
Speaker 5: All Right, there's Dave Roberts kind of echoing a lot we've been talking about here on Dodger Talk, is that the Dodgers just not playing clean baseball. And you got to get good pitching, timely hitting, but certainly you got to play crisp defense, and you gotta play air free defense. You gotta play smart defense. Talking about throwing to the right base on a base hit and throwing to third and letting the guy who just got the single advanced to second on the throw and getting into scoring position.
Speaker 6: That kind of stuff cannot happen.
Speaker 5: You got to throw it to second to keep the runner at first and keep him from scoring and being in scoring position for the next batter. Getting picked off at first base when you've got runners on first and second is an absolute no.
Speaker 6: No cannot happen, And it happened tonight. From Austin Barnes.
Speaker 5: Go back to the last couple of series and we're talking about the last road trip, the struggles on the base pass, Andy Bojez, a couple of base running mistakes. You have to play Chris baseball, and you have to least put yourself in a really good situation to let your offense and you're pitching do their thing by playing good fundamental defense and being smart on the bass pass. If you do that, you're going to be successful. But if you're not having good hitting and you're not having good pitching, and you're not having good defense and you're not smart on the bass pass, I mean, you're talking about quadruple whammy there, and then you're not gonna help. You're not gonna have a lot of success at all by doing that, and Despite all that, tonight, the Dodgers still fell just one run short, and as Dave Roberts mentioned, not panic time. You know, Mookie Betts swung in pretty good bat tonight, three for five with an RBI double. We saw ta Oscar Hernandez driving four runs, Andy Potters back to back nights with home runs. Austin Barnes, despite getting picked off at first base, which is.
Speaker 6: A no no, went two for four tonight, had two hits.
Speaker 5: So a lot of positives to build off from this game, and certainly a lot to clean up if you're the Dodgers, and it's something that will keep harping on. Rick Monday mentioned it several times throughout the game, just not playing fundamental, crisp.
Speaker 6: Clean baseball.
Speaker 5: And you got to do that if you're gonna win on the road and certainly at a home you've got to be doing that as well. And the Dodgers just start't doing that right now. They've been able to overcome that with some timely hitting and a lot of talent on offense. But on a night in would Showyotani goes one for five and outside of Mookie Betts, Oscar Hernandez and Andy pat has nobody else drives in runs for this Dodgers team, and the Dodgers really just didn't have a lot of opportunities after that, stranding five base runners in tonight's game. That's gonna do it for postgame Dodger Talk Mini. Thanks to Colin Ye for all his help and all his great work.
Speaker 6: We appreciate that. See why.
Speaker 5: Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show tonight. As the Dodgers lose in Chicago seven to six, they get swept in this mini two game series at Rickley Field.
Speaker 6: They lose the season series to.
Speaker 5: The Chicago Cubs four games to three. Dodgers now sixteen to nine overall in this season. After a five game road trip, back home Friday night to start a six game homestand against the Pirates and the Miami Marlins. First up, the Pirates Friday Night, Yoshi Yamamoto and all schemes the pitching match.
Speaker 6: Here are the best pitchers in baseball.
Speaker 5: Going toe to toe at the Ravine on Friday night. We'll have it for you right here on seventy LA Sports Morono Casino. Dodgers on deck s guarding at six, pitch at seven ten until they have a great safe rest of your Wednesday night.
Speaker 6: No off night Dodger talk tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We got Clippers playoff basketball instead, got the NFL Draft tomorrow. Busy time in the world of sports. Dodgers back out on a Friday till.
Speaker 6: Then, so long, everybody
Speaker 4: Draft