Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get the five o'clock hours started. Welcome in. For those that have that have been with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you for hanging out. We appreciate you. If you just now joined us, better late than never.
Speaker 2: I I got really really You ever get really.
Speaker 3: Really mad for like just a brief moment and then you realize, Okay, I was wrong.
Speaker 2: That happened to me so earlier. I actually it was yesterday.
Speaker 3: I brought in two different I brought in two Monster Energy drinks because I you know, can't stop drinking those things.
Speaker 2: And I'm not no, I mean, I'm actually I want to be as far as.
Speaker 3: Weight and uh no side effects, but like they can't be good for me, but I still drink them like crazy, and I love them.
Speaker 2: I'm addicted to them.
Speaker 3: And you can get you can get I don't know the exact price, but you can get three of them at at Thornton's and it's a discounted price. And that's not even something that's part of the refreshing rewards. But nonetheless, I brought in two of them yesterday drank when yesterday left one here, and then I went to the I went in, the fridge is pretty empty right now in our in our offices here. I don't know if they need to probably restock after the holidays or what it is, and I usually don't. The only reason I mentioned that it's pretty empty is that, like, I know where I put it, and it wasn't there, and I thought, man, somebody's gonna pay for this, And I don't mean what I paid for to get these at Thornton's. I mean, like, this is just unacceptable. And then I and then I realized somebody had put it in the drawer, which I think is kind of odd, like maybe somebody thought about taking it and then realized, Okay, probably shouldn't do that, so they just they put it because like I had to look for it and I didn't put it there. It wasn't taking up a lot of space because it's damn near empty. But I don't know why, but I feel like taking somebody's item from the fridge at your workplace is like the I don't want to overstay. I don't want to act like it's something people should be thrown in prison for, but maybe just jail, because it's it's one of those things like if you do it, you know you're a complete a hole. You know you are stealing from somebody. It is quite literally theft. Someone could call the cops on you if they wanted to, and it wouldn't be out of line in my opinion. And I know that's crazy, that sounds extreme, but like because like it happened to me at a job I had long ago, and I never really found out like who it was, but it still boils my blood to think about it because like I brought lunch, had it there when I showed up, put it in the fridge and then you know, didn't get thrown away. Somebody ate it and they knew it wasn't theirs, Like it's no mistake. But like I also worked at a at a at a my previous job before this was my you know, my full time gig when I worked for a software company very much like a cube life kind of place, meaning like.
Speaker 2: Everybody had cubicles like it was.
Speaker 3: It was a cool setting and you know they had a big kitchen and people brought their lunch all the time, and you know somebody would bring in like not a I mean would like they would go grocery shopping and leave you know, their whole groceries for their house in the fridge at work.
Speaker 2: But they would you know, they wouldn't.
Speaker 3: They would have Okay, I'm gonna put six little debies in here, I'm gonna you know, they stock they used the fridge base to where they could have lunch but also just kind of have snacks of their own, and they labeled it like it was a normal thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and I'm sure if you have worked in a place where you have like a common area where people put their lunches and you just assume that nobody's gonna take your stuff, you probably have an experience. You probably know what I'm talking about. But there was a guy that had worked with us that, you know, he would bring in like like he would bring in not like a twelve pack of cokes, like not like we have here where we literally just stock the fridge with soft drinks for people to have, but like he would bring in like I think it was like diet cherry PEPs see, a very random, not super popular, super common soda, but like everybody knew it was his. He would bring in like I don't know, six or seven of them a week, and sure enough, like half of them would be gone and he wasn't the one drinking them. And the place I worked had like twenty employees total, Like it was quite clear somebody was stealing and getting away with it, and finally we caught who it was. And it was like the least likely suspect. She was, you know, the sweetest lady who was in accounting, like, and she wasn't somebody that you feel like would would think that that's no big deal. But that's exactly the card she played, like once she got caught, Like it's one of those things where it's like I don't want to make a bigger deal out of this and act like I think that you just you know, stole a thousand dollars from me, But like it's the principle, it's the absolute principle knowing that you are taking something that you know somebody is they brought because they're gonna need it at work, they're gonna eat it or drink it. You know it's not yours. But like you can kind of get you can kind of get away with like, oh, what's the big deal? I didn't know whose it was I thought it was mine. Oh oh, are you mad about a two dollars sod to geez? Like you didn't play like the victim when when in reality you know you're an a hole and you're just trying to get away with it. I don't mean to get so worked up, but again, I thought somebody in this office took my energy drink, knowing that it wasn't theirs, and like I was gonna try to find out who it was. Luckily they just you know, somebody put it in a drawer and I found it there.
Speaker 4: What about what about like it did?
Speaker 5: It's all right cause I say this preemptively, I may have committed that crime earlier, and.
Speaker 3: You're telling me you just did what I about lost my mind about that didn't actually happen.
Speaker 4: Kind of kind of but you gritting my teeth over here?
Speaker 2: Well are you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Well again with with.
Speaker 4: It was a go gurt. It was a go gret. I've seen that.
Speaker 5: That's four three weeks, and like you said, our fridge is kind of relatively empty right now. I don't know why we just kind of hired somebody to do that. But like when I go in there and I look for something, always just kind of eye things that are already in there. So I was looking for water. There's no waters in there. And every time I just go in there and I'm looking for something, I notice that it's not there. I pay attention to some other things that are in there. And you see the occasional lunch and I think some people do just forget and had the intentions of like wanting to eat something, then just completely forget about it. And it's at a little bit of a hungry boy and wanted something to snack one And I saw this little little Gogert sitting right there, and I'm like, this thing has been there for at least a few weeks. I feel like a couple of weeks is a good grace period. Now, if I just noticed something that is there, obviously someone just brought it in, I won't even think about touching it. But if it looks like something that probably should be thrown out, it might not have even I didn't even check the expiration dat.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: If gogt go goes expired all that much, especially Gogert's, But like I took it, I don't know bad about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they expire or not, but overall, like you did take something knowing that it wasn't yours. But two things that I think are important to keep in mind. If it's been in there as long as you think you've seen it in there, then it's likely not gonna get It's not going to be like nobody's looking for it, like the person who brought it. And I hate to say this, but it might have been somebody who they let go. Like that's I mean true. I mean maybe some like they would have wanted me to take that in their honor. You decided to just go ahead.
Speaker 2: You were reminded.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I don't say I'm not even making a joke, like we we really did have you know a handful of people that were here regularly every day that now no longer work here, which is unfortunate, but maybe that's why it was there. But also you could in fact, like we're different here because we actually stock the kitchen with snacks and drinks from people to where even though I know you know that that was brought in by somebody, you could.
Speaker 2: Easily be like, oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought our office uh office admin brought it in. I thought it was everybody, like, you know you'd be lying, but you also know that people could, like you know, they'd be hard for them to prove that you didn't know that it was yours. So I didn't even plan on knowing that you're you're one of these people that I think are are scum.
Speaker 2: Well I'm kidding. I don't think you're scum, but like that's brave of.
Speaker 3: It, Like brave of you to admit that you did it today whenever I'm sitting here acting like because again I tried.
Speaker 2: I tried to. It's my best. Yeah, I try.
Speaker 3: I tried as best as I could to lay it out as far as like it's just principle, like it's not like but I've seen people play the card of like, yeah I took it, what's the big deal? Are you that worried about us Snickers bar? Like no, but you know you took from me, and you're trying to like make you trying to play the victim like I'm the bad guy. When you took something, I don't care if it's worth a penny or if it's worth a five hundred bucks, Like you stole something that wasn't yours and it's one thing like this isn't even like a victimless crime. You potentially could have left somebody without a lunch, not you alst And I'm just saying like it's such a petty thing that that, Like, I'm sure there are people. Now, what's this guy getting so worked up about? Like it's not again, it's principal. Now, stealing a whole lunch is crazy? Yeah, yeah, that's that's insane. That's like, don't be surprised if I do everything I can within my power to get you fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now marked at UPSA used to be the well, I mean, ups is much broader. There's thousands of people that work there.
Speaker 3: But I remember last time this came up. Don't they have some kind of policy for something like this that's really extreme?
Speaker 5: I'm I don't necessarily know. I was just always told like, if you want to bring lunch, like you can at your own risk. You can leave it in one of the main major wings at where the at like where the refrigerators are in like the breakroom, but it's probably best to just kind of carry it on yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because you just know somebody would probably like a savage would it takes there's.
Speaker 5: So many people that work there, so there might and a lot of people don't have morals in there, fellow scum like me.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're scum, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like when we talked about this last time, it's been some years that somebody said, like, you can get like written up if you do that, which I don't think is.
Speaker 4: You technically can.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's like reported and like everything's done, and I'm pretty sure they'll try to find out, but I don't know how deep they're they're going into going and looking at the cameras seeing who went in and because there's daytime and night time shift.
Speaker 3: And what's crazy is that like if enough people knew and like you just thought people would laugh at off and than they didn't, and then you were like, yeah, I took somebody's sandwich.
Speaker 2: What's the big deal.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was or I thought it was mine, or I thought it had been there for a while, so I just took it, you know, Sorry, what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: Like then you.
Speaker 3: Probably would get written up and realize, Okay, I guess I can't steal because again, it's not about the value. It's not about you know, you harming someone. It's just like, put it this way, it says way more about you. If you literally take somebody's lunch knowing they brought it that day, then then then I'll and you may think of it as what's the big deal, but like, yeah, it's actually not that big of a deal, I guess, but it does say a lot about you.
Speaker 2: So anyways, we'll move on, all right.
Speaker 3: If you guys would have joined us on the show today, U can five oh two five seven seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to give us a call. You can also text it on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line five oh two six five three zero seven ninety. This text came in earlier and I was given it some thought, and I haven't really given you. I haven't even gotten the answer that that that I want to give you just yet. But the text says, Nick, you mentioned the amount of players being seven, not as the biggest issue for Pat Kelse, but more so the seven guys he has to work with. If everybody's healthy and you could only play seven, who would you go with? I mean, there are some obvious or some obvious answers here when it comes to guys that like dead matter if there's seven, if there's five, these guys are playing chucky. Hepburn is the obvious one for me, and really I think he's kind of I think he's kind of on his own. And before I give you as I continue to scramble here and try to dance around it because I really don't know what the best answer is. I think the loss of Prior and Cooran Johnson for the whole season, Like, clearly that's a big deal. Everybody knows that. But I think where you where you struggle from, like where you're gonna miss, what you're gonna miss the most is not having a guy like Koran Johnson, meaning Koran Johnson.
Speaker 2: Was a guy that could create.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that could could shoot it to where if he makes four threes in a game, nobody's going to be shocked because he's a good shooter that can get hot. It's part of his his resume. He's a talented guy that played in the Pac twelve and was six Man of the Year, was a four star recruit. So it's not just that you don't really have a whole lot of flexibility as far as at the guard, but like he was somebody that, like you didn't have to as much worry about, like does it translate here, And he hadn't done a whole lot because I think at the time he got hurt, guys were still trying to find themselves and get comfortable out there as far as like how they're going to fit with each other, because you know, everybody here for the most part, I mean literally everybody here has never played together before. So Corain is kind of somebody that, like I think would be would be, would be in the mix as far as somebody that I would feel like, yeah, if I can only take seven, I would take him. And maybe it's the intrigue of the unknown, because you know, you can tell that they need another guard. They can you know, you can put Edwards at the one, and he's a good player, and he would be in the seven as well for me. But Edwards is somebody that, like it's not ideal for him or your team for him to be kind of running the show as the point guard. But right now that's the only real that you have. You could put Rain there and he wouldn't hurt you, but he's not as much of a of a of a weapon offensively other than you know, although he's a better offensive player than I think people. He clearly is known for jacking up threes and and he can he can get hot and change a game. But I think this year he is He's shown that he can at times, you know, pick a spot if it's not a three and get a and get a runner or you know, right place right Tom Bucket, get to the free throw on maybe. And he just has a good feel for the game, good spacing when he's on the floor.
Speaker 2: So here, here's what I'll do.
Speaker 3: I'll go Fable can only play seven, and everybody's healthy, it's Chucky, it's coryn. I would say, this isn't a starting line up, by the way, but Edwards Junior is going to be on there for sure case and Pryor is going to be on there for sure. And then from there, I think I would go think I would go Hadley just because you know another guy that can do a little bit of everything for you. So that's five and the other two. I may surprise you here because I would go I would go Ali Khalifa just because he gives you some physical presence that you just don't have at six.
Speaker 2: Eleven, two seventy five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he may not be like again, he's not like he's not a great athlete by any means, and he's certainly not fast, but his presence alone is just going to take up space.
Speaker 2: And you don't have any of that right now, like the guy.
Speaker 3: You know, even if everybody was healthy when like they were when the season started, you still wouldn't have a guy that just gives you that kind of presence in the post to where he can take you. And he's a good player. He's like, he's such a rare player because his two biggest weapons are his ability to knock down threes and he's a great passer. Yet he's six eleven two seventy five. Like it's just rare. But you know, he wouldn't be as effective for you as far as as you know, like, he's not somebody that's just gonna take up size in the paint and and you know, rim protect, he's not gonna score a ton in the in the low post or maybe even try to. But I just think there's a lot of value there and and maybe this is me just feeling, you know, maybe this is more of the intrigue of the unknown because we've never seen him play with Pat Kelsey's team, but I would I would go with him, So that gives me one more and it's down to do I take Trail Ray, who was pretty ineffective and not really an offensive weapon for you, but is a really good defender and a really good rebounder and a guy that can distribute as well. I kind of feel like I wouldn't go with him, and I'd probably roll with Man.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough. Do I go with.
Speaker 3: A guy who can change a game by knocking down threes? Rayn Smith and is not a liability on defense the way some people probably thought he would be, and you know, doesn't get in the way offensively, like if he's not making yeah, he's he's not a threat to where he's gonna go dunk on somebody.
Speaker 2: But I think him his experience has shown me that he knows.
Speaker 3: Like just being on the floor, is a guy that can shoot it that way, the opposing team is going to have to account for where you are, and he moves a lot to where he knows.
Speaker 2: That's like he's a very smart player.
Speaker 3: So I'm torn, do I go with the shooter or the talented young freshman who could come off the bench and give me eighteen minutes a game, fifteen minutes a game, something like that, and by the end of the year, like you realize, Okay, this guy's pretty special. So I think, I gosh, I think I would go with Rus just because I've already got three really good guards, so that would be my seven. I would go Chucky, Coryn Edwards, Prior Hadley Khalifa.
Speaker 2: And and.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going and use with the names you said Corn Yeah, yeah, Rus was the last one, so I would you know, the guys that are playing now, I wouldn't have No Waterman. I'm not as hard on him as other people, but I just, you know, if he's not making threes, I'm not really sure what he's doing. And there's other areas where he kind of hurts you. And then obviously I wouldn't take Rainsmith, which makes me sad, but if I can only pick seven, that's what i'd go with that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't pick James Scott because.
Speaker 3: You know, I just you know, it plays hard, but he's just not a threat offensively unless he's dunking the ball. And I think at times he can be You know, he plays hard, but I think he could be a liability for you defensively. All right, quick break will come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along, keep you updated as best we can on the transfer portal as it is once again very chaotic, but it's very important. This is gonna you know, there's a lot of guys you're here in this week and next week as far as visits and whatnot. These are guys you're gonna be watching play for your team hopefully next season.
Speaker 2: So again, it's tough to keep up with.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to make it entertaining on the radio by any means, but it is important, so we'll we'll try to.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: We've got some more accolades coming in for some Louisville football players who had great seasons. And man, I really wish. I mean, we knew going in that we were gonna have Tyler Shuck for like, we didn't lose Tyler Shuck. We got him for one year, and it was because of the circumstance with the pandemic and his injuries to where he could play what a six or seventh season, so you know, to see how good he was as a bummer to know that we only had him one year. But like we kind of knew going in he wouldn't be somebody that we should expect to be around a long time. But he is up for Comeback Player of the Year, which I don't think I knew was an award, but certainly he would be either he would be fitting. I mean, given the fact that this guy has I mean, he really his entire his entire career, he was never able to stay healthy. In fact, I think what was the stat he only he only played. I think he might have only played in six games a maximum and every other season before he ended up getting to Louisville, So you know, I think he is. He's one of three finalists for the Comeback Player of the Year, along with a defensive back from Utah State and Rocket Sanders are running back from South Carolina, who of course had a really good year. So I'm trying to see where this is this part of like the College Football Award thing. I'm not sure it says here it is CSC Communications Comeback Player of the Year Award, but I'm not super familiar with the organization, but hey, if there's a comeback Player of the Year award, I think it makes total sense for him to be a finalist and hopefully he can win it. Also, Isaac Brown, we mentioned just sort of how we mentioned last week's.
Speaker 2: How he graded out. I mean, these are.
Speaker 3: Just you don't need these facts or stats to tell you how good these two freshmen were this year, Duke Watson and Isaac Brown. If you watched it then you know. But Isaac Brown was the acc Freshman of the Year and today he just made Pro Football Folks All Freshman Team. And as we discussed last week as far as how they great out players at Pro Football focused, he was the best freshman running back in the country and one of the best overall freshmen in the country regardless of position. So we saw Brown, and then Duke Watson came on late and became really effective, and he ended up getting enough carries to where he does actually qualify. He is included in the stats.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when it comes to like you can't catch two passes for eighty yards a piece and have an eighty yard per catch average and you know, be their leading receiver in the country. When it comes to yards per catch, I mean, you've got to have a certain number before you can you can fall in and I think he did barely make it, but either way, he made it, and he led the country in yards per carry Duke Watson with nine point four. I think it was so these guys are really special, and you know, I'm as excited as everybody in the portal. I'm not maybe following it as closely as others, but I really think at receiver and running back, you've got to be one a few schools you're gonna add receivers because you've lost some, and you know it's not like you're bringing back all Americans, although Colin Lacey could certainly be that. And I think Chris Bell really really stepped up and had a big year when it was needed. I think if Chris Bell doesn't kind of come on and make plays like he did this year and kind of show how he can be a guy to just go up and get it because he's a good athlete, good size, I think maybe Louisville would be a little bit more in heavy pursuit in the portal for big name receivers, and they may bee. I mean they're they're bringing in some guys they really like, but you know, these are guys that aren't necessarily probably going to be viewed as the best receivers in the portal. But it's nice that you've already got the quarterback position taken care of with Miller Moss. You got to keep these running backs here, and they're here now, and let's just keep it that way. I'm going to assume they're here until they're not. But I'm also willing to acknowledge, as I mentioned before, until they're actually out there playing, nothing is off the table. And that's not to say that they're looking to leave or they're hoping to get an offer, like, it's just they have the ability to and if they choose to, I mean, it would be a bummer and I'd be sad, But like, can we really consider Like I don't. There are still some exceptions, but I think we are. We're getting closer to where the vast majority of players than enter the portal. You either understand it because they didn't play a lot, or they're clearly better than where they're playing, or you just say, yeah, you know, that's where we are. Like the days of wanting to be angry at somebody because somebody left, You're probably still gonna have fans that want to They're gonna be angry, so they're gonna place that blame somewhere. But sometimes guys just leave because they can, and there's really nobody's it's nobody's fault. You don't want to hear that because you want to be able to hold somebody accountable. But players have all the power now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here.
Speaker 3: This isn't something I planned on talking about today, but it has distracted me.
Speaker 2: This is wild.
Speaker 3: So this is from a Kentucky hoops ig Twitter account. Apparently somebody earlier this month. In fact, last week Lexington was arrested and their name is Mark Pope. I'm looking at the mugshot where and obviously it's not Mark Pope, the basketball coach. But I know a couple of people who work for news stations TV stations. One of them it used to be kind of part of their their job in the newsroom to where you just constantly monitor like arrest law like the arrest. It's not in by the way, it's not just what you can get Google like they have access at some of these places to kind of you know, probably don't I shouldn't say it's illegal, but like they have a better ability to in real time see who's getting booked into jail for a charge. And I bet there's somebody in Lexington that saw that name come across and they were like, oh my god, I'm gonna break this story. Let me give it to my my news director what happened? Because Mark Pope's not like a super rare name, but it's also like not super common to where if you saw somebody in Fayette County arrested named Mark Pope, you probably would think, well, there's no way because he seems like a choir boy.
Speaker 2: But then you'd also think, but man, could there be another Mark Pope and Lexington? And maybe there's ten of them, thirty of them. I don't know, but yeah, I just I'm just envisioning somebody thinking that they just found as they got they got the first DIBs on a story. But all it would prop two things.
Speaker 3: One, Mark Pope could probably murder a guy and they wouldn't arrest him in Lexington. Right now, you kidd me, look how great of a star he is? Off to it as their basketball coach. It's like that Cat Williams.
Speaker 2: Stand up murder murdered who. I've known him for a week. He wouldn't do that. Murdered murdered who the best?
Speaker 3: This guy for three months something like that, and I'm not gonna you haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: You're missing out.
Speaker 4: Was that great?
Speaker 2: Was that the Pimp Chronicles?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, murdered who? He came out to Rick Cross. Yeah, that was a fantastic stand up. But also like if in fact, with social media being what it is and Lexington being such a kind of a small big town, if that makes sense, like Lexington's not a huge city, but it's you know, if Mark Pope was going to jail before he got there, it would be a news story. I feel like just because it would be something somebody. I mean, he also is seven foot tall almost therefore he would stand out.
Speaker 4: In fact, it looks like Lurch.
Speaker 2: It reminds me he actually they had a there was a.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was it was Mark Pope. I was for some reason, I was thinking it might have been Stoops to No, it was Pope. His wife ran out of gas and he was bringing a gas can to her as she was abandoned in the street and and somebody took a picture or somebody saw it and put it out there, and he did confirm it a press conference, like, yeah, that was us. We my wife areen out of gas. Which, by the way, I mean I thought he was a good leader. Who throws their wife under the bus. Yeah, that's not that's to me. I think that's I think that's pretty pretty weak of him to do. But I'm just trying to find something to make him not great, because he seems great. I mean, I want he's not perfect. He's gonna lose games. I don't think they're gonna win the national championship. But so far, so good for for Mark Pope. How long do you usually go before you fill up the gas? Do you let the light come on?
Speaker 5: Do you do you just ride it up until, like you know, all right, I gotta because that's me. I see that light come on and it doesn't mean anything to me. I know that it's still probably about another twenty miles left.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have you ever ran out of gas?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: So I have, and that has led me to not be as dangerous, if you know what I'm saying. I've had times where I just kind of forget that. Oh yeah, my light was on and I've been driving around. Maybe I should stop, but I know the light on doesn't bother me. And I now have a car I didn't used to have a car that would give me as much of an accurate reading of like how many more miles do I have until I'm completely bone dry?
Speaker 2: So you know, the light doesn't scare me.
Speaker 3: But it comes on when I think there's like thirty five miles left and I've gotten it down to where it says like fifteen, and then at that point I'm looking to get gas somewhere, but like there's got to be a rush knowing that, like you can, like you won right, like you were able to risk it and you made it and the light didn't scare you.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's the little thing.
Speaker 3: It's the little victories in life that can really they can really make us feel good. So I would tell you that once you run out of gas, Austin, when that happens, you'll you'll never risk it, like, never do it again. Yeah, yeah, because it's a tear. I mean it's I mean mine was really embarrassing. I I mean, I think I've told the story before. But I was just going down a hill near where I live and like, my car just died. I'm like, what's what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like so it just stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I knew my light was on, but I I guess I under I had a different car at the time, and I underestimated like what, like how how long I had And I think what it came down to was the gas light went on the day before and I knew that, but I was thinking it went on like at the end of my day, when in fact, it actually came on at the beginning of my day. So that's just, you know, another example of me being a dumb ass. And you know, I had to I had to call my stepdad, who's a mechanic, and you know, I'm like, something's wrong in my car and he gets there, and you know, God love him, he didn't. He didn't have the heart to really make me. He probably did behind my back, but like we all, I knew jokes on me, like I'm I'm an idiot, Like he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't just roasting me.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, I think I think, buddy, what's the problem was you know any gas I'm like, oh, yeah, I guess that'll do it.
Speaker 5: They had to save a former iHeart employee that ran out of gas, and he's a very well known on air person because they were driving the iHeart vehicle back from Lexington and then they called me and said, did he not know?
Speaker 4: I guess not. I guess not.
Speaker 5: So he was all the way out of like Blanken Baker Road, like we're near the main event.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, where you're around a bunch of gas stations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, and then like he's like, is there any gas in here? I'm like, I mean, I don't necessarily know. I just kind of thought that you would, you know, especially if you're coming, if you're making that trip from Louisville Lexington, that's got to be one of the first things that you look at.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, you're telling me he ran out of gas and acted like it was someone else's fault.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you if you drive the vehicles here like somewhat regularly, or you just have driven vehicles before in your life, like you would want to look at the gas levels and you would also like be warned if it's low. Like to me, that's just like not acknowledging that Yeah, you made you made a very avoidable mistake.
Speaker 5: So I had to go fill up a fill up one of those little gallon buckets or the little red gas can.
Speaker 2: How long ago is this?
Speaker 4: It's probably over a year ago. Maybe last summer.
Speaker 2: Were we here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we were at this logo.
Speaker 2: I mean like there.
Speaker 3: I mean if you get it from here to that area and you run out of gas and you're like, wait, is their gas in here? Like you just didn't look and that's on you. Yeah, and you have a gas cart in the car to where you don't have to just you know. So now now that I strictly has a can in it, I love somebody calling you running.
Speaker 2: Out of gas Like it's like, what.
Speaker 5: Am I supposed to do? But I'm a I'm a good worker. I went and we went and went and say this here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're you're a company man, you're a team player, and you know it's so.
Speaker 4: Good about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, I feel like he owes me one.
Speaker 3: So just some news here that probably he doesn't necessarily matter to a lot of people, but uh, Kentucky, they're off this week and I was actually going to get to the schedule here in just a second. But Kentucky was off during the week this week, just like Louisville, and they're playing Saturday, just like Louisville. They're playing Ohio State in the Champion not the Champions Classic, but the CBS Sports Classic. And one of I assume this is one of Ohio State's better players, Michie Johnson, junior. He is going to be taking a leave of absence from their program. He's averaging none points a game, plays about twenty eight minutes a game. So he's the guy if you remember, actually started his career at Ohio State, transferred to South Carolina where he became a pretty good player. There was their best player average fourteen points and five boards last year, and then he transferred.
Speaker 2: Back to Ohio State as they hired head coach. Who is it? You can't think of the name that.
Speaker 3: I get the yeah, Deebler, I get, there's two Deeblers, but Jake Diebler is the first year head coach at Ohio State, so I don't know what the I don't know what the with the issue is with him. But Kentucky will be playing Ohio State and they will not have both Mietchie Johnson and probably not Aaron Bradshaw because he's been limited for for quite some time now. I think he had I mean, he had some issues off the court that kept him away from Ohio State's team, and then I think now he's either I mean, I know he's available, but I guess he hasn't played because of injuries or maybe they just realize he's not very good. I don't want to pile on, but anytime I think of DJ Wagner at Arkansas or Aaron Bradshaw at Ohio State, like what led to those two guys getting such an insane level of hype, Like I'm not saying that they're terrible players, although I'm not really sure what Bradshaw does well. Like he's big and long, but like I've never seen like any great footwork. He's not crazy athletic. I mean he's athletic enough, Like I just don't know. Usually, if there's a guy who you can tell is super raw, it may not have big numbers in college, but you can see, Okay, there's something there that the NBA really thinks they can work with and like they work on this, and that he's gonna have a weapon in the NBA that like gives him a ten twelve year career, shot blocking, rim protection, that kind of stuff, or you know, is he a pick and pop guy? Is he you know? Is he just a defensive specialist? Is he a good passer for a big that you can run things through? Like I don't know what tool Aaron Bradshaw has. And the same thing you could be said about d J Wagner, although I guess he's playing a little bit better at Arkansas. And DJ is a fine player, but he was talked about for like five years. Is like the next phenom in basketball, the number one player in his class, and to me, like his ceiling in college, DJ is probably like third team All SEC. And I'm not even trying to make a joke. This isn't like me being bitter because he went to UK because it actually worked out well. Like those two guys, like, imagine if they ended up at Louisville, we would have felt like we got some big win. Oh, Kitty Payton may still be the coach here, which is a scary nightmare that I don't even want to think about again.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 3: But like those guys, like I just don't understand what led to them getting that because DJ again fine player, but he doesn't go above the him.
Speaker 2: He's not a good enough shooter. He's not a good enough point.
Speaker 3: Guard to where he can really like distribute and create for a lot of guys like I don't really know what his calling card is essentially, And it's just wild how we spent especially DJ, not as much Bradshaw, but we spent like two and a half years talking about this guy. Is he gonna play for cal and follow what his dad did, or is he gonna, you know, play for where his grandpa played, and who's gonna be the coach at that time? They better make DJ Wagner the number one priority. And it's just like, yikes, it didn't work out that way. All right, real quick, let's talk about Blue Choo because they can help you folks. Blue Cheo they've got the same active ingredients that you're gonna find in Viagra and Cialis, but you get it at a fraction of the cost.
Speaker 2: And it's a.
Speaker 3: Little blue, delicious chewable pill, not a pill you have to swallow. Some people don't, you know, don't don't enjoy swallowing pills. And I get it, but this is like candy. Oh and by the way, it's gonna make sex better. So it's not just for those that might need a little extra omp in the bedroom, because you know, it's it's life, it happens. It's also for those who just want to enhance the experience, not only for your experience, but for your partner's experience. So Blue Choo believes in their products so much so that what they're going to do is let you try.
Speaker 2: It for an entire month for free.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is pay five bucks to get it to you, So five bucks shipping, go to bluehoo dot com, use my promo code Nick seven ninety, and you'll get to try it for a month for free. Your partner is going to be thanking you. You're going to realize you should have done it long ago, So take advantage now. They're not gonna be given away free product forever. I mean they might because that's how much they trust it. But take advantage while you can. Blue shoe dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety Blue Choo chew it and do it. Quick break will come back and say goodbye on the other side. Right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day, Calvin Harris or no, this is Capital Cities. Is there like a Calvin Harris remix of this?
Speaker 5: There might be. I'm not necessarily sure. This is the kind of same genre though. Yeah, this is this is heat.
Speaker 3: It's fire, Oh my god, God to rejoy music. Yeah, just just good energy. I love it, good vibes.
Speaker 4: I want you to be safe and sound.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I will be.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: I am with with everybody here. It's coffee and company. This is this is my this is my safe space, all right, real quick before we get out of here. I mentioned, you know, Louisville not really needing to go out there and get maybe one of the best receivers in the portal, but they'll certainly try. I'm not calling BS on this because look, Louisville will take this kid, for sure. But one of the big receivers in the portal just so happens to be Miller Moss's teammate from USC, Zachariah branch And according to Pete NCOs Of On three, Louisville is along with Florida, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, and Oklahoma are early contenders along with Louisville too, of course, potentially land This guy who I mean five and seventy five pound electrifying playmaker, got a lot of speed, you know he was I mean yeah, he was as a true freshman in twenty twenty three, not this past year, but the year that, of course, you know, Louisville played USC. I mean he was first team All America as a specialist, I mean, really talented guy. That is you as you heard, as I just mentioned. The schools involved are Florida, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, and Oklahoma. So he's gonna be really really expensive and they can afford it, and he wants to come here.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think people are just assuming he's gonna follow Miller Moss, and I think he'll probably go to the highest bidder, and if that's Louisville, hell yeah. If not, you know, Oh well, all right, we're out of time. You guys, enjoy yourself, have a good evening. We'll be back tomorrow.