Speaker 1: Do you hear that the music?
Speaker 2: It is necessary for the recording of sound to convert the sound waves to corresponding changes in light. The sound waves produced by my voice are transmitted through the air to the microphone, where these sound waves are converted to changes in an electric current. These variations in the electric current are then amplified and used to control the light. This varying beam of light falling on the photoelectric cells produces variations in the electric current which are directly proportional to the variations in the light.
Speaker 3: Themes the crack.
Speaker 2: As the varying electrical current in the photoelectric cell is small, a ventuum tube amplifier is required to increase it to the point where it will operate a loud speakers soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Occult Rejects, and this episode will be continuing off this three part series of Jamachia, numerology, and ciphers. In the first episode, we pretty much went over Hebrew, English and Greek. Jamatra covered Jamatria, and then we also went into numerology and what was that word again, I'm so.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's a hard word.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying that one right now. We got plenty, I got plenty of them coming ahead of it and my notes, so uh yeah, we covered that and kind of I think just gave a basic understanding of like, you know, what's going on with Jamachi and numerology and how it matches up you know, Alpha numerically. And in this episode we're going to try to kind of go over and cover older stuff. You know. I think in this series, as me and Lisa were kind of I guess creating it, you know, because I think it kind of took on its own, its own thing. By now this was going to be like one episode and now it's turning into three. But at some point we started like coming across like older and older things, and like some of them I had heard of already and forgot about. But I remember being brought up in occultism and amongst the cult communities and circles, and then I was like, you know what, I was like, suck going back to that, you know. And I think when I started looking more into the people who were responsible for writing these books that I had heard of, I was just like, damn, Like they're rather influential and kind of important and almost kind of like maybe Goddess where we are now in some ways, you know. And these people believed in jamatria, they believed in numerology, they believed in ciphers, they believed in energy, numerical value letters, you know, and they wrote stuff on all that, and I think, you know, that's interesting. It's very interesting to see people that were into that, how deep it goes, and what they accomplished. And I think that says something right there in a sense. So we're gonna kind of go over some of older things and older people, older books, older texts. We're gonna show a bunch of slides, just like the first episode, and I'm pretty sure the next one. For people listening, I highly suggest to check out the video. I think you'll get more out of it, but I'm sure if you listen you'll still you get something. But I think the visuals definitely help. And I guess we'll get going if you want. Lisa, and I know that you're going to be starting it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're gonna kind of start off back on where I left off with the timeline on the first episode and discuss libra abaci. So libra abaci, I believe that's how you say it, So just her warning. Yeah, Abachi abachi whatever, Yeah, hbachi. Now that makes me hungry, so you just drop right, it's yeah and it's haabachi. See there you go. Who would have known. So it's also known as the Book of Calculation, and it is a very historic manuscript on arithmetic written by the Leonardo of Pisa in twelve o two. Now this Leonardo at Pisa is later going to be known to us as Fibonacci. Leonardo was the son of a merchant and he traveled a lot with his father all over the Mediterranean and the Middle East. And I believe it was when he was in India that he came to study the Hindu Arabic numeral system, which would later play into this man manuscript, the Librabaci. So Libra Abaci is considered as one of the first Western books written to describe the Hindu bear Arabic numeral numeral system using symbols that look like modern Arabic numerals, and in fact, that is the numeral system that we use today. So a little bit on the spelling of Librabaci is that sometimes you'll see that the book is translated to as the Book of Abacus, and that's not correct something. And I think because you see the word abachi, it looks like abacus, and you think automatically that it's abacus. And at the time when it was written, abacus was used to refer to calculations in any form. But when Leonardo wrote it, he spelled it with a double b abb A c I and used the two b's in the original manuscript, and that denoted that the calculations he was referring to in that manuscript was specifically using the Hindu Arabic numerals. And I'll tell you why all this is really important because you're thinking, like, why are we discussing this. So this book discusses methods on doing calculations without the use of the abacus. It's been described as a very thorough write up on the Hindu Arabic numerals, algebraic methods, problems advocated, and so forth. And they use specifically the digits zero through nine. And this is something that's kind of found throughout with all the Semitic languages and then the languages that evolved from there. So, just for context, going back to the timeline, up until this time, around the twelve hundreds, Europe is still using the Rome ral numerals, and all the advancements and modern mathematics were kind of stalled and it was proving impossible to evolve beyond that. Now, with the book Librabachi, it addressed the mathematical applications that could be used for both commercial tradesmen and mathematicians, and it just proved that it was superior to the one that was being used at the time. But here's the I guess the conflict on that that while it served to contribute to the decimal numerals, Liberbaci was the pivotal moment in history when the modern world at that time switched from an alphanumerical system to now Arabic numerals. So when we talked about how Hebrews or Jewish mysticism or Greek isosophy were using or pairing the alphabet with numbers and using them interchangeably, that was taking on on a life of its own. With the writing or with the publication of librar Abaci, the Western civilization, modern world of that time decided to make the switch, and that's why we don't use alpha numeric systems today because of the switch over during this time. And you had, you know, your dissonance. Like the people that were following, you know, the old way were the Abbassists, and they didn't want to change over. But the people that were going to change over to this new Librabacci were became known as the Algorithmists, which I thought that was weird, the whole algorithm algarthmists. So I think it's important to make a mental note of this with the Fibonacci manuscript. So around this time twelfth thirteenth century, imagine everybody's talking to each other. The Jewish mystics, the Greek people, the Arabics, all of them are talking to each other and they're kind of having like a mini pre party to the Renaissance. So Renaissance started like fourteenth century or whatever, but everybody's talking to each other. You're seeing all of these like really great texts come out of Spain, Italy, Egypt, Greece, Middle East, and it's some of the most extensive texts even today on Jewish mysticism, Greek isosophy, and Arabic Islamic mysticism. So when this happens and you have this adoption of a new system, this system seems to go away or almost underground and it's almost it kind of sets it up nicely that now only a select few know of alpha numerical systems, and the rest of the world takes off in a totally different direction with this separation of the alphabet and the numbers. So it and I think it's kind of interesting. I think so. And the main part about it is that most of these people that were combining the alphabet together with numbers, they were talking about how it was a way to have a direct path to speak with God or the divine and now by separating the two, you're almost launching into a new way of a like a centralized middle man operation of you have to come through me to talk to God, you can't do it on your own, or at least that's how I'm interpreting it. With all this, I know it's just a switching of mathematics, but I think it was so much more well in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it even seems to like, you know, thinking about stuff that we have you know, shown each other and sent each other and looked at and just conversations about like like kind of like things like that happening. I mean, going back to we were talking about like Phoenician language and then like how that's split off into like.
Speaker 1: Three three different ones, you know, and then.
Speaker 3: Like you're talking about now again the separation of you know, I guess letters and numbers from each other. Absolutely, you know, it's just like you see, I guess you can see a constant like separation and split off maybe from the one original source, I guess. But I think I'm not saying original. I'm just saying no, no.
Speaker 1: No, But you said it perfectly. There's a schism and it's here. Yeah. And now with like social media, you're seeing all of this Fibonacci over and over again, and it's like are they launching us into a new system again? I mean it almost is like are we going through this, you know, all over again? And I think I mentioned to you it was like a side fact was that the Fibonacci you know, sequence is used to like denote patterns and nature and leaf growth and tree growth and what have you. And if you believe in fossils, if you look at some of the old fossils, the old trees and leave systems do not follow the Fibonacci sequence. So I thought that's kind of it's kind of something to kind of mention as a side thing. So you have this happening around early twelve hundreds, and I think that's important to kind of keep in mind. Okay, everything was kind of merging, everybody was talking to each other. Then you have this happened. Okay, so switching gears to the Arabic side of it all.
Speaker 3: You know. And I do think that's just I hate to interrupt you, this might even be something that you're going to say yourself. I do think when it comes through stuff like this, even with occultism and magic, there is not enough eyes on Arabic shit.
Speaker 1: I agreed.
Speaker 3: I think that's for a reason. I even do think this is just my opinion, just my theory, but I even do think that might be some of the more deeper embedded secrets inside the OTO might be kind of awe from that. That's just my opinion, and I think it's just interesting. It's even something that me and you had noticed, even getting into this stuff, you actually don't have a ton of info on that stuff like you do with everything.
Speaker 1: Else, right right, No, I agree.
Speaker 3: But yet some of the oldest stuff you can find from there, Yeah, no, it's translations of that stuff of.
Speaker 1: Arabic I mean, it could be and I think I mentioned it. It could be an artifact of the fact that most of the Arabic stuff hasn't been translated to you know, English or a language that most other civilizations utilize. But at the same time, why not, you know, I mean, everything else has been translated, you know, why why.
Speaker 3: The if they understood this is just my opinion. When you want to start talking about letters and possible equaling symbolism or energy and this and that, just this is my opinion. If you decided to call your own language Arabic, starting it with an A, you're already making a statement in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I think so, I think so yeah.
Speaker 3: Same thing, and just not to the same thing with India or Indian. I even think, you know, there's a lot of mysticism in that that I think is misunderstood. And I even think the I again is even playing into saying something making a statement about that.
Speaker 1: Well, remember we discussed how like when they were forming these letters, they were wanting it to sound like what it looked like.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, so okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're good. This is really good. I'm glad because it plays into what I'm going to say in a little bit so Abajad numerals, I want to discuss Abajod numerals before I get into a book, to kind of give you a little bit of back history, because they didn't spend a whole lot of time on the timeline, and like Nick was saying, it's very important that we cover this, and not a whole lot of people were covering it, and so I thought it would be interesting to cover so Avajod numerals are akin to Hebrew jamatria or Greek isosophe Aod numerals is a decimal alphabetical numeral system that was created in the eighth century using the alpha numeric code by using the twenty eight letters of the Arabic alphabet, and they assigned them to numerical values. And we saw this with with the Hebrew language, and we saw this with the Greek language. The reason I found it significant to who mentioned is that this ancient numeral system has been found to be encoded in the Quran. Again, we saw that it was encoded in the Torah and other religious texts, and now you're seeing it also being encoded in the religious texts in Islam. Abjod and if I'm saying that wrong. I apologize. Abjod, which means alphabet, is a bit of an acronym in that it derives its first four letters a b JD of the Semitic alphabet. And remember we talked about how the alphabet started with the proto Kanite and then morphed into the Phoenician, like you were saying earlier, and then it split into three. It split into the pre Hebrew or the Aramic, and then the Greek and then the Arabic. So that's where you have your three, which is kind of weird that you have that three concept going on again. And it numbered the letters one through nine at intervals of ten, the same thing with Greek and the same thing with the Hebrews. The order of ab j D is not of Arabic origin, and if we you know, we talked about going through it in the first episode, because it the aba Jod numeral system dates back to the Phoenician alphabet and can be compared to the Hebrew where you have alef Beth, Gimmel Daleth. The Greek has alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and then we see that Abajad has a left ba jim dahal so it's very similar. I mean it's almost identical. And then you have the numbering of them throughout. So these Arabic of Jod numerals can be compared and are similar to almost all the other types of alpha numerical codes in Hebrew and Greek. So in regards to the alpha numeric system encoded in the Quran. Going back to me mentioning that there is a concept called the mathematical miracle of the Quran, which I thought that was interesting mm and it shows that every letter word verse in the Quran is mathematically linked. It is said that the Quran. In the Quran, there are ninety nine attributes or names of Allah, with the hundredth being Allah in the Quran, and each attribute or name has its own numerical value. There was a quote that went on to describe that how could an illiterate man who lived fourteen hundred years ago have encoded this chapter with Abajad numerals? And I put up an example here to kind of give you an idea of what I'm talking about. So, the geometrical value of all the odd words, the first word, the third word, the fifth word, is equal to the geometrical value of all the odd letters, which is weird. And then if you can do that with the same you can do the same thing with the even words, in that the geometrical value of all even words is equal to that of the grametric value of all even letters. It's just weird, Like who would have designed it that way? It, you know what I mean, Like it doesn't seem like it was. I don't know it. That's a lot of thought. There's a lot of math, for sure. So in Islam there is a like you have Jewish mysticism, you have Greek or you have Jewish kabbala, you have Greek isoposophy or whatever. In the Islamic tradition or Islamic mysticism, there's a thing called Sufi or Sufi tradition, and the Sufi tradition in these Islamic texts, especially with the Koran words, they state that it contains an outward meaning as well as a veiled one. Again, the same talk like going through going the would be Jewish jamatria. And so these hidden meanings reveal a certain truth that's missed when you're just reading the surface of the text. And therefore the sufis invest like enormous amount of study in these holy books, and they go on to say the ninety nine Names of God are also a focus to them because they believe that this is how that you can access spiritual power through contemplating the ninety nine names as well as be able to be the go to, like the medium person between the two worlds. So yeah, that's that's something that I thought that I would show and on this graph so you could see how like one and two should go along with the Hebrew and the Greek, and then how it compares the the Jamatra value and then that example with the even number the even number of works, it's an even number of letters. So so the significant texts that I'm going to talk about is kind of a big deal in Islamic mysticism. And it was written by Ahmad Alboni and he was an Algerian Sufi scholar. Ahmad Albuni authored what would become one of the most controversial books for many centuries in the Middle East, and I think they quote it as being super dangerous, don't read it. It's you know, all kinds of shadow band by the Islamic faith. Alboni was a Sophie Muslim theologian mystic mathematician and philosopher. I was going to say that majority of these people that wrote these texts, they're all mathematicians, right, They're all like into math, they know math very well, and they're making super contributions. And it's just a side question. Are a cultist all occultist great mathemat tis like do you have? Is there is there like a requirement that you should be well versed in mathematics.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, just from my experience in you know, I guess in like the magic, ceremonial magic, and even amongst like I guess witchcraft community, there's a there's a huge part of people that don't even acknowledge the number of stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I couldn't tell you if they're good at math or not because they're not messing with this stuff.
Speaker 1: So it seems like a big, big deal.
Speaker 3: Which, which actually is surprising to me, is like it's probably blown off just as much as it is in the conspiracy community. Wow. Yeah, But I mean if you were to see what they were doing or what they thought was magic or what they thought was witchcraft, you don't understand why it's so simple minded? Why would you even want to start including man, I.
Speaker 1: Mean numbers were everything to these.
Speaker 3: No, just lighting a candle and just asking for, like you know, just to get laid or a couple of books. You use a couple of fucking oils and a few crystals, so you're.
Speaker 1: Only asking for at that point. Oh it's funny, yeah, Okay. So he was born in Buna, Algeria, but spent a majority of his life in Egypt. Again, Egypt. It seems like some of these great mystics spent a good amount of time in Egypt studying, and he practiced Sufiism, which is Islamic mysticism, and its focuses on a direct relationship with God, understanding existence through spiritual realization, and then they search for the life's meaning beyond like the religious narratives, so they're taking it above and beyond. I think Sufi masters practice the summoning of jins since they have a heightened iritual state and allowed them to serve as the intermediates between spiritual and earthing RUMs, which I was talking about earlier with that book. Interestingly, it's a mixed bag when reading the biography of Albuoni. Although a lot's not known about him, It's weird because you see many Western occultists or magicians regard him as or refer to him as a magician. But then you have all these Muslim scholars saying no, no, no, he was not a magician. He didn't practice magic, he didn't do any of that. He just studied it. So you have this very staunch like opinion in the Muslim world, whereas the other ones are like holding you in high regard as a magician. So I thought that was important to mention that, you know, you have this kind of bipolar reception of him.
Speaker 3: There was I think there was like issues with that kind of one or two other people I'm going to read that. I think like they were kind of like praised, but then like at times I think there's somebody I was going to mention that. I think like the Vatican has even banned like their books, or the Catholic Church or something that might have two people with something associated with that. Yeah, it's like they ended up banning their books anyway.
Speaker 1: But which is Yeah, to me, that's that's a promotion in my in my mind if a book gets banned on buying it. So yeah, and he studied cosmology, alchemy, during a time when apparently it wasn't considered magic in the Arab world, and mysticism was super popular among the Muslims, and it was like one of the ways to achieve like a state of unity with the divine. So it might have just been like more of a circumstance of like what was happening at the time. So so.
Speaker 3: I had also thought of too. I mean, I know this is like a stretch, but you know, I think it was Blavotsky. I think a few other people had even stated that, like you're really the hidden hidden secrets, you're actually still not supposed to really put out there technically, I think there was something said like that, and like going back then when these books are getting banned, just this is my opinion, I think people also have more intelligent.
Speaker 1: Thing, oh for sure, So.
Speaker 3: Could this stuff have actually been easier understood that and let's say, like maybe there was actually too much in it that made sense to the common person. Then well, remember we talked about it, why they get banned from a church because like, yeah, there's not too much and they don't read that, don't need that.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, like we showed how like even in graffiti people knew about alphanumeric systems, you know what I mean. They're like, can't let these common folk be summoning people. We still need them to pay dues every Sunday. So yeah, So Albundi goes on to write Libra have Yeah, and now I have that song in my head breakout into a song that was funny.
Speaker 3: Though before I was like, you know, his wife was a redhead, his daughter was kind of slutty, and his son played the fool. I was like, hmm, what's album.
Speaker 1: I bet if you looked into it, there's a whole lot more there.
Speaker 3: Oh you had the dog too, don't forget the dog. Now.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the song Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 3: I know, I know who he's saying that, but I don't know if he wrote.
Speaker 1: It or if it's the one that was used.
Speaker 3: Was probably I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll bet you there's a connection with that. I don't know why, but I think that, Okay. Shams al Mariv ma Ariv that was my best attempt is also known as the Son of Knowledge or the Book of the Son of g Nosis, and it's described as both a grimore on Arabic magic and a manual to achieve esoteric spirituality. So they refer al but Albouni as a quasi kabbalistic Sufi chkh who wrote the Shams during his time in Egypt. And even though the popularity of the Pickatrix is well known and it's super popular, it is said that the Shams is the book of magic more widely used and regarded as a more influential book of its type in the Arab speaking world. And they've even compared it to Agrippa's book on occult Philosophy. So I think that's a huge stamp of like, wow, that's it's something. So Schams has a total of twenty chapters. In the first couple of chapters, it explains the mysticism of symbolism meanings, letters and numbers, followed by magic squares numerology of the abba Jad numerals, and we begin to see that they use the Abbajod numerals as a way to establish a relationship with the divine by using the numbers in letters, because they believe that it has a divine relationship to everything else that exists in the world. In the Shams, Alboni indicates that by using the specific order and combinations of letters and numbers, geometric shapes. The practitioner can cause a magical effect powerful enough to influence reality, unlock secrets of the spiritual realm, I'm sorry, of the supernatural realm, and influence inanimate objects. And I think they're referring to like gens and stuff like that here. That's a big claim. I think the rest of the book covers astrological influences, religious and philosophical concepts, wisdom and rituals, natural theology, and secret properties in the ninety nine Names of God. But then you get to chapter nineteen and which I found significant nineteen because they go on about nineteen in most of these texts, how it's a big deal in Islamic mysticism. So you get to chapter nineteen, and it's probably probably the most it's probably part of the book that's the most responsible for its controversy because it actually discusses, as the article describes, the Ultimate Guide to Witchcraft, talisman recipes and each containing their own combination of letters, numbers, zodiacs, geometrical shapes, chronic verses, hymns, and symbols. So it's like they say, it's not a recipe book, but some say, no, it's a recipe book. You can you can. It tells you what to do, and so most of the let's see, most of the slides that I'm gonna show next are of chapter nineteen. I figured that would be the most interesting.
Speaker 3: No, nothing, if I had, like if I was, I guess back then, well now, maybe back then again, people were just better at doing things because they didn't have stupid shit occupy them with. To me, if I wanted to write a book like this and thought I was going to have to draw that stuff, I would never even do it. I can't.
Speaker 1: Well, I think back then people were like.
Speaker 3: You're making that, sir. That would take me probably months because I would take the ship out of it, thinking it's not perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just screw it, you know what I'm saying. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would never over give up. I'd give up. I would just be like, forget it.
Speaker 1: It's not it doesn't look right. I don't like the colors. Yeah, no, no, no, it'd have been a nightmare for me to finish. Yeah. The book contains tables, prayer charts, and numerical ciphers to assists with solving hidden messages in the text. Here, Alboony theorized that the twenty eight letters of the Arabic letters used in the Quran all have numerical values. So this is where you see that the beginning of that theory that oh, no, the Quran is is h Quran whatever is coded and and all of it has meaning. This is where you see it. This text is basically saying that it analyzed it, it found it. This is where it's at.
Speaker 3: Hence why it's in the episode now.
Speaker 1: Hence wins Yes, yes, exactly, and why I'm spending so much time explaining through elaborate charts using letters and numbers. Albuni would later be credited as constructing magic squares based on the names of God and in accordance with planetary alignments, which reminds me of everything you were talking about at the beginning of the first episode, and they were.
Speaker 3: Doing it in earlier yeah, correct.
Speaker 1: Correct. It is said that magic squares were already in use in places like Iraq and India centuries before the publication of the Shams. However, Albuni's work was among the first cryptograms developed for Muslims or Muslims only because it was written obviously in Arabic inso much the numerical charts were written onto the undershirts of soldiers in India, so they mean they were even used out in the out in the streets.
Speaker 3: So yeah, haven't we even come across that. You might have showed it. Maybe you didn't show it like graffiti almost kind of.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that and that was in POMPEII where they were using alphanumeric codes as political signs as a way to throw jabs to Nero who was running for office or I don't know, he wasn't running for office. I think he was assigned. I thought it was cool that that's the way to do it.
Speaker 3: So they were trolling back then. They're trolling with memes on wolves.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And here we thought it's a new concept. It's not.
Speaker 3: Back in the days. Ain't nothing new.
Speaker 1: Where it's just recycling ship. Despite being popular, it has a reputation being one of the most suppressed and banned books for much of Islamic history. Yet it's held in high regard for its legitimacy and use in the occult and it's being read and studied into the present day. And I believe that there are some scholars in the US of occult philosophy that are trying to translate it, write books on it, and I guess do an analysis on it.
Speaker 3: So you know, that's another thing I have noticed. And I mean I'm sure I've actually said this before in different ways, but coming when it gets to universities and colleges. The more and more I'm like researching on certain topics, the more I'm finding out how like they are a plethora of actual information on some really interesting shit. Yeah, and it's like, what the.
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't want it, if you don't want anybody to read it, just put in a book, because nobody reads books anymore. I mean, it's true, they want to listen to a video or they want to hear it on a podcast, but nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: Reach this stuff that. I mean, you have come across where it's like, yo, they're showing this in school lectures. Yeah, like you even realize what the hell they're looking at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, like that guy who was just explaining the Kabbala, You're just like, wow, that's something that you know, I thought is something about secret societies or whatever, and he's just giving a lecture about it like it was another day in June.
Speaker 3: And it's like and and and and not even for nothing, but like not to even sound like a dick, but it's just like I'm like, yo, if you were to take some of those kids and like dump them in the middle of a bunch of like Instagram conspiracy theorists, they would even be like, yo, you kidding me, Like you know what I'm saying, Like they did even realize, like you think that shit's silly.
Speaker 1: But it's not. It's not. But and it's not some kid.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't know anything about conspiracy theories probably yet right, actually spit some real shit to these people that think they know everything.
Speaker 1: If you if you look at it, it's not at no regular you know, community college and nothing against community college, right, No, I mean it's no small.
Speaker 3: Universe, well know, places that could come.
Speaker 1: People come out of. And so when we say, well are these big wig people do they even know about this stuff? Well, hell, they're attending the lectures at these universities that are talking about it. They're getting an intro when the rest of us are not. I mean, just as you know, whatever. So, as I explained earlier in the beginning the beginning of the book, Albuni wanted to place the hidden aspects of ancient wisdom along with esoteric knowledge in one book, and they considered esoteric knowledge as the secret nosis to be only understood by a small group of people. Large part of the book focused on mysticism, spirituality, occult practices, including numerology which is the Aubadja numeral system, alchemy, astrology, magic, and folk medicine. Like they have instances where folk medicine is inserted within the text of the book, which I found pretty interesting as well. Towards the end of the book, the author combines all of these topics into a how to to be used in rituals. Tell this man creation or summoning the supernatural. I think that's probably what they didn't like is that he you know, he was Bruce lene it. He was telling everybody how it's done, what's in the what's in the sauce, And you're like, no, man, you can't do that. Yeah, you can't tell people that. So reception of the Psalms seems split down the middle, and I think kind of beat this to a dead horse. But I think what what it basically does is it's revealing the fault lines between Islamic mysticism and then religious narrative, and it's seen where the two are getting from each other. And then again, I think personally it is completely my opinion, I think it kind of takes out the middle man. If you read this book and you're well versed and you can do it, what do you what do you need to pay dues for? What do you need to go and pay homage to to your aymands or to your priests or to your rabbis or whatever. And I'm not saying that you become God or anything like that. I'm just saying you can grow it yourself in your rockyard.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to say this is the same thing, but I guess, you know, I guess I am actually, But I mean I think he might have even mentioned shoe salesman, which is kind of funny, the whole Albundi thing. But you know, even with Alison Crowley with magic and theory and practice, you know, his opinion was that, like anybody from this book, you know, if you even understand like that language. But then again, the books people back then may have I don't know, you know what I'm saying the way that he spoke, but you know, the way it's written then and now, it's just hard to even understand. But according to him in that book, his intentions was so that anybody could understand magic because he did his opinion, he should be available to everybody. You know, you know, and it is you know, that's like I even said that with a guest on magic experiences or not. You know, you might see some people that maybe are a little bit more in tune, but nobody's more special than the next. Everybody still has in my opinion, everybody has the same chance to do it, to experience that as the next person. There's no difference in somebody in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I mean it's but like you know, according to him, that book was supposed to do that, which I guess, Yeah, I don't know. Cut out in middleman maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know that's a phrase.
Speaker 3: I don't know why that's not trying to like romonel. Yeah, but I could see that though, like in a sense not the middle.
Speaker 1: Man too well. And the thing is because like remember when we talked about in the last episode about Greek isosophy and how Vatican came down in their Nicea Council of Nicea and they're like, anybody that does anything to do with isosophy is in direct violation of the State Church and will be I don't prosecuted, but you know we'll be punished or whatever. And you see this here too, where Islam is like absolutely not it had this book has everything to do with magic. Magic is one of the seven Deadly sins. You're equating some of these gens with God and you're now, you know, in communication when you should only be talking to God or through Us, and I think that's it. You start to see that, and then you see that also. I don't know if you see it completely in Jewish mysticism, but you definitely see it in the Christian faith, and you definitely see it in the Islamic faith. So yeah, but so yeah, that's that's one of the things with this book. And basically Albuni described how, in terms of the ninety nine names of God, what the dimensions and the properties were of the alphanumerical systems, and how to how to manipulate them, how to use them. He also talked about the power associated with it and how many times to recite something with a specific number that would grant you access to the knowledge or grant your prayer or I mean that's yeah, that I think that's all definite, like nobueno for the higher ups. And then I think that that was it for me? Did I Yeah, I think that was it?
Speaker 3: All right, So thank you very much. That that's hard to follow that up.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just gonna like, I mean, I know, we kind of explained this a little bit already, but we'll kind of like reiterate it a little bit about numerology, even though again that's like a word that's like technically fairly new, considering the stuff that we're showing is very new. You know. Numerology is the belief in a cult, divine, or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events. It is also the study of numerical value from an alphanumeric system of the letters in words and names. I threw in here. Also, the term arithmetsy a rhythmancy is derived from two Greek words rhythmos, meaning number and I don't know this is in mantilla, however, we say, meaning divination, rythmancy is basically the study of divination through numbers. Although the word dates to the fifteen seventies, the word numerology is not recorded in English before nineteen oh seven. Do you think etater Earlier? The sixth century BCE philosopher and mystic Pythagoras believe that numbers carried sacred codes and were divinely inspired and created. Some alchemical theories were closely related to numerology. For example, Persian Arab alchemist Jabir I even I just said his name Ibin Hayne, and we had mentioned him earlier, we mention him in the last episode, and he had another one who was rather young. So they do also question if it was not like a pen name, if I do remember, yeah, and a little bit, yeah, a little bit about him. Supposedly he died around eight o six to eight sixteen, and he's the purported author of a ton of works in Arabic, often called the Jiberian Corpus. The works that survive today mainly deal with alchemy and chemistry, magic and Schiite religion's philosophy. The original scope of the Corpus was pretty vast and diverse. It covered a wide range of topics from cosmology, astronomy, and astrology, also had medicine from mycology, zoology and botany botany. I mean that's even if you even want to take the voyage manuscript at I guess face value or drawing value. That is all half the books like plants to begin with too.
Speaker 1: So I bet you it's a code.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I like I said, I think at some point we'll be covering that and showing it as like in parts of parts of our parts Uh to metaphysics, logic, and grammar. So there was a lot that this guy Uh wrote. Jabier's works contained the oldest known systematic classification of chemical substances and the oldest known instructions for deriving an inorganic compound from organic substances such as plants, blood, and hair by chemical means. His works also contain one of the earliest known versions of the sulfur merk theory of metals, a mineralogical theory that would remain dominant until the eighteenth century. A significant part of Jabir's writings were informed by a philosophical theory as the science of the balance, which was aimed at reducing all phenomena to his system of measures and and quantitative proportions. As early as the tenth century, the identity and an exact corpus of works of Jabir was in dispute in islam scholarly circles. The authorship of all these works by a single figure, and even the existence of a historical Jabir or also doubted by modern scholars. Instead, Jaber is thought to have been a pseudonym used by an anonymous school of Chiite alchemists writing in the late ninth and tenth centuries.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Schiites, that was the whole thing between the Albuoni and in the Arab world, is that they were going back and forth with their mystic texts. So just an insert on.
Speaker 3: That, thank you, one of the things he did do. The seventy Books, also called the Book of seventy this contains a systematic exposition of Giberian alchemy. It is organized into seven parts, containing ten treaties each, three parts dealing with the preparation of the elixir from animal, vegetable and mineral substances, two parts dealing with the four elements from a theoretical and practical point of view, and one part focusing on the alchemical use of animal substances and one part focusing on minerals and metals. It was translated into Latin by Gerard of Cremona under the title liber d Septuaginta or something like that. By screwing that up, but it seemed to I guess, have been important enough for someone to try to transcribe it. Yeah, and that was back in The person who transcribed it died in eleven eighty seven. Oh wow, Yeah, that's a long time. And then we'll get on to somebody that I actually remembered from I guess my occult studies coming across you know people, and that would be Pietro Bongo I'm saying correctly. He came from a noble family. He was born and raised in Bergamo, Italy. He died on September twenty fourth, sixteen oh one. Supposedly he studied the mathematical arts of quadrivium, arithmetic and geometry, music theory and astronomy, and philosophy and theology, besides classical poetry and the occult sciences of magic and kabbala. So it was into it all he met, said the Hebrew, Greek and Latin languages in his books. He tried his best to reconcile Pythagorean doctrine with Christian theological theology. That is another thing I do actually once you mentioned that, I find interesting and it really makes me wonder about Catholicism really being more of occultism. And it's something that I think will probably notice when we do get into covering some older grim ras later on down the road with the Occult Rejects or the n White Patriots show, not sure, not sure which one yet, but eventually a lot of them do have a lot of Catholic Catholicism mixed into it, a lot.
Speaker 1: Very much so, very much so, very much so. It almost reminds me of like the side note that you know, like here in like South Texas or whatever, how you see the intermix between the old Native American mythos and Catholicism. You don't know where one begins and the other one ends. I see that a lot with these groom warms.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah. His major work, the Screw This Up the Numerum Mysterio was uh and that's I got that up right there on the screen was first published in fifteen ninety one and received an imprimature, and that is a declaration authorizing publication of a book. The term is also applied loosely to any mark of approval or endorsement from the Catholic Church. So stamp of approval by themah, the we improved this message. That messed with me up. That was good. The book explores the mystical significance of numbers, beginning with lengthy discourses on the number one, two, and three, and continuing with shorter tracks on significant numbers later in sequence. Bongo uses a wide range of sources, including all pagan literature and philosophy of classical Greece, Rome, and early Church fathers, and in the mainstream Catholic tradition of scholarship, and as well as very recent scholarship of his own day. So he seemed to have I think, kind of like grabbed from different areas. One thing that I did want to go over because I did mention before that he studied the mathematical arts of drivium or wherever you say that in case people are like, what the hell was that? I thought it was a little interesting. It is from the time of Plato through the Middle Ages, the quadrivium was a grouping of four subjects or arts, arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy that formed a second curricular stage, following preparatory work, the Trivium, consisting of grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Together, the Trivium and the Quadrivium comprised the seven Liberal Arts and formed the basis of a liberal arts education in Western society until gradually displaced as a curricular structure by the studio. I don't even know how to say.
Speaker 1: This, himanius y.
Speaker 3: Plus it's like underlined, it's telling me it's spelled wrong, and it's later o shoots Beginning with Petriarch in the fourteenth century. The seven classical arts were considered thinking skills and were distinguished from practical arts such as medicine and architecture. These four studies composed the secondary part of the curriculum outlined by Plato in the Republic and described in the seventh book of that work. So I just thought that was interesting to know that, like, even stuff from back then that these people are into kind of has made its way. But I think just gone in the total opposite direction it was supposed to go in. Yeah, it's like down instead of enlightened.
Speaker 1: No, it seemed like everybody was educated and they like majored in all these different subjects, and they were fluent in so many different things. And now it's like, can't even pass math.
Speaker 3: And I just go into Liberal Arts and turn into a.
Speaker 1: Socialist holding signs on the street.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's just so screwed up. Is that. It's like it's like they forced you to have to do that. Yeah, that's true, you know, especially I mean, I mean that's my experience, I knowing with colleges out here and stuff. I know that, like you know, pretty much any college, even if you went to it or whatever, it's like you're gonna have to take a Liberal arts first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 3: It's like it's already like pushing. I don't know. I just sometimes wonder the humanity. IM on to the next person. One of my favorites in this actually Anthonasius. I'm sure I'm screwing that up with Anthonasius Kircher. He was born on the May twid in either sixteen oh one or sixteen oh two in uh Geisa, Buchonia near Fulda, which I think this was Germany. He attended the Jesuit College in Fulda from sixteen fourteen to sixteen eighteen when he entered the society. He was taught Hebrew by a rabbi in addition to his studies at school. He studied philosophy and theology at Paderborn, but fled to Cologne in sixteen twenty two to escape advancing Protestant forces. Don't know what was going on then. From sixteen twenty two to sixteen twenty four, Kircher was sent to begin his regency period in Clobe Ends. I'm saying that right as a teacher. This was followed by an a Simon to holligs Stunt, where he taught mathematics, Hebrew and Syriac back in the day sixteen hundreds. You've got people out there who was teaching those three and people don't even know, like we don't even have to speak one language correctly.
Speaker 1: That was just going to say the only language.
Speaker 3: I'm like thinking to myself, I'm like, you know how long it takes me to spell everything correctly? Kind of text? It's like I don't he was people listening that have text conversations to me like I know what he's doing. For some reason, I have like deplorable jan in the back of my head saying like he ain't lying.
Speaker 1: That's a shout out to her.
Speaker 3: He was ordained with the priesthood in sixteen twenty eight and became professor of ethics and mathematics at the University of Wurzburg, where he also taught Hebrew in Syriac. Beginning in sixteen twenty eight, he began to show interest in Egyptian hieroglyphs. Kircher was also actively involved in the erection of the pamph Umphilgy a pimp obelisk, and added hieroglyphs of his design in the blank areas. Kircher made use of the Pythagorean principles to read hieroglyphs at this obelisk and use the same form of interpretation when reading scripture. Kircher had an early interest in China, telling his superior in sixteen twenty nine that he wished to become a missionary to that country. Interesting. In sixteen sixty seven he published a treatise whose full title was China Illustrata, which means China Illustrated. It was a work of an encyclopedia, pretty much combining material from accurate photography, two mythical elements such as study of dragons, now again, if it's a cult, you know, symbolism or whatever. Yeah, I may not whatever, It might just be misunderstanding. The work drew heavily on the reports of Jesuits working in China. In particular, Michael Boyme and Martino Martini just wanted to make mention that I found that interesting that the Jesuits were going over to China. I'll they go everywhere. Yeah, it's like the damn Mormons, the missions. A mission sounds so cute.
Speaker 1: Normalous, well, when you spoke it that way.
Speaker 3: Kertcher also was sent the Voyage Manuscript in sixteen sixty six, What a better year to do it by by Johannes Marcus Marcy in the hope of Kircher being able to decipher it. In this uh Polographia Novai teen sixty three, Kircher proposed that it was an artificial universal language. That's all. Like I really got out of what he thought about it. Kircher published urs Magna Lucius et Ombre concerning the display of images on a screen using an apparatus similar to the magic lantern developed by Christian Huygens and others. Kercher described the construction of a lamp that used reflection to project images on the wall of a darkened room. Although Kircher did not invent the device, he improved it in suggested methods by which exhibitors could use the device. Much of the significance of his work arises from Kircher's rational approach towards the the demystification of projected images.
Speaker 1: It's like the beginnings of the holographic you know technology.
Speaker 3: Or even knowing even knowing that, like or if he's demystifying it, does that mean that people in mind fucking people with it? Ah, or people misunderstood what they're actually seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when he's when you're saying projecting images and you know whatever, I'm thinking of the early experiments with the eye and trying to look at you know, how the lens work. Yeah, so that's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, here we go. Previously, such images had been used in Europe to mimic supernatural appearances. Kirtscha himself cites the use of displayed images by the rabbis in the court of King Solomon. Kurtcha's stressed that exhibitors should take great care to inform spectators that such images were purely naturalistic and not magical.
Speaker 1: So even back then they didn't they you know, they were trying to say, oh, it's not magic, it's not magic.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like yeah, kind of like what's still going on today, or that's not what you think magic is exactly Kercher.
Speaker 3: He also constructed a magnetic clock, which he explained in his Magnus, which came out in sixteen forty one. The clock had been invented by another Jesuit, Linus of Liege Kircher's patron. I'm saying this correctly. Parisk had claimed that the clock's motion supported the Copernican cosmological model, arguing that the magnetic sphere and the clock rotated by the magnetic force of the sun. Kircher's model disproved that hypothesis, showing that the motion could be produced by a water clock in the base of the device. The clock has been reconstructed by Carolyn Orguru in collaboration with Michael John Gorman and is on display at the Green Library at Statford Stanford University. So, I mean, I do think this guy has come out with some wild stuff too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: The mysteria no, I'm sorry, the Musurgia univalis from sixteen fifty sets out Kirch's views on music. He believed that the harmony of music reflected the proportions of the universe. The book includes plans for constructing water powered automatic organs, notations of birds song, and diagrams of musical instruments. One illustration shows the difference between the ears of humans and other animals. In Forenergia Nova sixteen seventy three, Kertscher considered the possibilities of transmitting music to remote places.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: In sixteen three, this guy was talking about transmitting music and sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we have here I'm backtracking a little bit. This is the The All Seeing Eye, which was a kind of like a thing that was published by Manly and edited by Manly Pole. And he had an opinion on Athanasius Kurture. Did you see right here? There is no doubt that Kercher was assisted by a group of very able specialists in various forms of scientific and philosophic research. He apparently superintended and edited the writings of these various men and then adding whatever remarks he felt would clarify the text. He just published the various works in a large number of massive tomes folio and in some case intricately constructed books if you containing movable charts in diagrams consisting of wheels which actively revolved upon the paper, and similar curious devices. That's even like another thing, like some of the stuff this guy was doing, Like you know, it was pretty pretty well books, very advanced. Oh yeah, should spend in your turn and stuff. Kirtchure included in his researches such as such subjects as alchemy, capitalism, cryptography, and early geography. One of his books contains a most curious map of Atlantis, showing this continent as an island. There's no doubt that many of his volumes contain cryptograms, few of which have ever been deciphered. For in his research he discovered many valuable items of arcane lore which he could not safely have published except under the concealment of cryptography.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: There is much to indicate that probability, the probability that Kerchure was an initiated member of the Roscha Crucian Fraternity, which at the time included many eminent Catholic scholars in its ranks. Curious Rosicrucion emblems as watermarks in the paper of the books which Kircher publish substantiate the theory that at least some of his works contain Rosicrucian secrets profoundly concealed under a various enigmatical figure. I think can continue a little bit more about what he said about it. Yes. The most famous of Kirsch's writings is the Odipus Egypticus or whatever you say, This damn thing. A monumental achievement and usually found in three or four volumes, but sometimes appearing in two large folios. This work covers the religions in the philosophies of the ancient world, an analysis of mythologies, languages, arts, crafts, and sciences, and includes several remarkable attempts to interpret the hieroglyphs figures of the Egyptians. The volumes are are illustrated with literally thousands of figures, in most cases well drawn. Yeah, how he says, the interpretations of the figures demonstrate Kirtcha to have been a mystic and a Platonist. Several excellent statements are found to be found concerning Pythagoras in his mathematics. Hermes, Zoraster and Moses are also treated in an intelligent and inspired manner.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So that's what he had to say about Anthony's Kirture, Anthony's Church, whatever you say, his name of it. But I just find, you know, he's somebody who was heavily into you know, numbers, cryptography, you know, huge into that. This is some of the stuff that I'm showing you up here. And it's even like you know, showing you breakdowns of him, like values of stuff. You know, he was very much into the whole idea of like, you know, values to letters and ciphers.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Here's another one. You know, who knows if that's like, you know, a big type of cipher thing that wheel. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Most of these ciphers are in a circular pattern, which I find pretty particular.
Speaker 3: He has like some other ones where it's like showing you know, values to things. So the symbols and letters, I mean, so this was a guy. I mean, he even had in his sixteen sixty five thing. He's got the square of Abercate Daber in there. You know, he's got the fourth the magic square or four whatever, the fourth you know, the magic square fourth, the fourth square. Uh, he's got that in there. So here was some of the stuff that he did with the maps. This is supposedly the one of Atlantis that he drew. I find that interesting. That is, Yeah, he was even here entertaining Atlantis. He's got the Coptic alphabet there, and like you know, values and stuff and you know, or kind of like I guess, uh, showing associations with other things. Here's the map of China that he did.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah back then, Yeah, how the hell did you even know that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like it's I would have copied and traced it something and said I did it. But that's extensive. I mean you would have to look above. That's what I'm getting, you know what I mean, Like it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I just think it's kind of interesting in itself, Like where the hell do we get maps from.
Speaker 1: The weekend with Yeah, with that it only makes from above.
Speaker 3: But I understand how like, yeah, I guess you could draw your travels across the you know, against the land, but I don't know about all that. All right, moving on some more stuff of his again. This is even the thing I think I was talking about animal ears and regular ears, human ears, the model of the earth's internal fires. Thought this was interesting, the medic magnetic clock, and now or into since we had mentioned him so many times. Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, also Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nietscheim whatever I'm saying that right, And he was born September fourteenth, fourteen eighty six. And he has too died February eighteenth, fifteen thirty five. He was a German Renaissance polymed physician, legal scholar, soldier feel Elgin, and a cult writer. Agrippa's three books of a cult philosophy, published in fifteen thirty three, was heavily influenced by Kabbalah, Hermeticism, and neo Platonism. His book was widely influential among esoterics of the modern of the early modern period, and still is to this thing, in my opinion. He was also condemned as heretical by the Inquisitor of Cologne. Agrippa was born in Nedesheim, near Cologne, to a family of middle nobility. Many members of his family had been in service to the House of Habsburn. Gripper studied at the University of Cologne from fourteen ninety nine to fifteen oh two, and they're saying that that was from the age of thirteen to sixty when he received a degree of Magister RTM. Now a Magister of Art. That's basically what that is, and that is abbreviated with M M dot A dot A M or a dot M dot, And that just sounds a lot kind of like the Freemasons accepted, you know, the FNA and M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it does.
Speaker 3: The degree is usually associated with that of a Minister of science. It is likely that Agrippa's interest in the occult came from his Albertist influence. Agrippa himself named Albert Albert's Speculum specun as, one of the first occult study texts. He later studied in Paris, when he apparently took part in a secret society involved in the occult. You'll find out which one exactly. In fifteen oh eight, Agrippa traveled to Spain to work as a mercenary. He continued his travels through Valencia, the Belarus, Sardinia, Naples, Avignon, and Lyon. He served as a captain in the army of Maximilian, the first Holy Roman Emperor, who awarded him the title of Ritter, I think it's kind of like Knight. In the winter of fifteen oh nine to fifteen ten, Agrippa returned to Germany and studied with Johannes Trithemius at Wurzburg. On April eighth, fifteen ten, he dedicated the then unpublished first draft of the Oculta Philosophia on the Occult philosophy in English terms to Trithemius recommended that Agrippa keep his occult studies secret. Fun fact, April eighth is also the first day of the Bad Agrippa followed Maximilian to Italy in fifteen eleven, and as a theologian, attended the Schismatic Council of Pisa in fifteen twelve, which was called by some cardinals in opposition to a council by Pope Julius the Second. He remained in Italy for seven years, partly in the service of William the ninth, Marquis of Montferrat, and probably occupied in study and teaching theology and practicing medicine. During his time in northern Italy, Agrippa came into contact with Augustino Ricci and perhaps Paolo Ricci, and studied the works of philosophers Marsilio Ficino and Giovanni Pico della Mirandolo, and he studied the Cabbala. Side note. Giovanni that I just mentioned was an Italian Renaissance nobleman and philosopher. He is famed through the events of fourteen eighty six, when, at the age of twenty three, he proposed to defend nine hundred theses on religion, philosophy, natural philosophy, and magic against all like other kind of like church shit. He wrote Theoration on the Dignity of Man, which has been called the manifesto of the Renaissance and a key text of Renaissance humanism and of what has been called the Hermetic Reformation. He was the founder of the tradition of Christian Kabbala, a key tenant of early modern Western esotericism. These nine hundred theses were first printed to a first printed book to be universally banned by the Church. I think it's just interesting to get an idea of a little bit of the people they were influenced there hanging in around with them.
Speaker 1: Well, they mentioned Mirondola a lot in some of these texts. When they'll they'll cross reference him for some reason, and I had not I meant to look him up, but they mentioned him a lot.
Speaker 3: And then in fifteen fifteen he lectured at the University of Pavia on the commander of Hermes Tris Megistist. But these electures were abruptly terminated owing to the victories of Francis the First, the King of France. Again, I was talking about how he was really known for the Three Books of a Cult Philosophy. I have these up on the screen showing some of it. I know a little bit about it. The Three Books of a Cult Philosophy is a Grippa's study of a cult philosophy, acknowledged as a significant is acknowledged as a significant contribution to the Renaissance philosophical discussion concerning the powers of magic and its relationship with religion. The first book was printed in fifteen thirty one in Paris, Cologne and in Antwerp, while the full three volumes first appeared in Cologne in fifteen thirty three. Excellent. The three books deal with elemental, celestial, and intellectual magic. The books outlined the four elements, astrology, Kabbalah, numerology, angels, names of God, the virtues and relationships with each other, as well as methods of utilizing these relationships and laws in medicine, scriying, alchemy, ceremonial magic, and origins of what are from the Hebrew, Greek, and Chaldean context. Agrippa's interpret interpretation of magic is similar similar to the authors Orsilio Ficino basically people I mentioned before and Johann Ruxelyn's synthesis of magic and religion and emphasize and exploration of nature. My opinion, I do think and you know, if there's people who are into ceremonial magic, has studied it or whatever, I just you know, a lot of people do look at this guy and the magic community as kind of be in one of the ogs, you know. So there's probably a reason for that, not saying that we're all getting it correct when we look at this stuff either. But you know, and here's just some of the slides. I think everyone need to show these again until he show that this person wasn't too like you know, numerical value and symbols and value again. He's even showing the same planetary squares they we were just talking about earlier. That was what in the thirteen hundreds in that book. You know, again he's showing the same stuff in his Yeah, stuff that I even showed in the first episode. Again, you know these things do pop up.
Speaker 1: Will they use them over and over?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're using them for a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, some more stuff. I mean, these things almost look like his own languages. And then we go. I figured might as well go to the person that he learned from. Kind of Johannes is truth to Meus was born Johann heiden Heidenberg on the February one, fourteen sixty two. When he died December thirteenth, fifteen sixteen. He was a German Benedictine abbot and a polymath who was active in the German Renaissance as a I don't even know how you say this word lexig. How do you say lexo? Yeah, lexographer, yeah, lexographer, chronicler, cryptographer, and occultist. He is considered the founder of modern cryptography, a claim also shared with Leon Bautista Alberti, and he was also big into steganography, as well as the founder of bibliography and literary studies as branches of knowledge. He had considerable influence on the development of early modern and modern occultism. His students included Heinrich Cornelius grit and Para Celsius, Para Kelsius. How you say his name? There are theories, and I do want to mention this. There are theories that Megan covered the Arbitel with me previously in the past she covered it pretty well. Has She also theorized he may have written the Arbitel, which is another well known Yeah, so not that Johannes did, but that Para Celsius Celsis did. That he was the one who did. When Johannes was still an infant, his father, Johann von Heidenberg died, and then his stepfather, whom his mother Elizabeth married seven years later, was hostile to education, and Johannes could only learn in secret. He learned Greek, Latin and Hebrew. When he was seventeen years old, he escaped from his home and wandered around looking for good teachers, traveling to Treer, Cologne, the Netherlands Heidelberg. He studied at the University of Heidelberg. One of the things that he is known for. I thought this was kind of like an interesting funny one's kind of cover. Trithemius had a reputation as a necromancer. The forced legend is strongly based on a legend involving Maximilian, his first wife, Mary of Burgundy, and Trithemius. Throughout his fifteen oh seven account, Trithemius was the first author who mentioned the historical doctor Faustus or Johann Faust of Nittlingen Knittlingen. In the letter he wrote to the polymath Heinrich Cornelius or Gripper. He appeared to criticize the vanity of Forst, who had inferious skills and went against the teachings of the Church, being summoned to the Emperor's court in fifteen In fifteen oh six and fifteen oh seven, he also helped to prove Maximilian's Trojan origins. In the fifteen sixty nine edition of his tiss Tish Reddin Martin Luther writes about a magician and necromancer understood to be Trithemius, who summoned Alexander the Great and other ancient heroes, as well as the Empress, the emperor's deceased wife, and Mary of Burgundy to entertain Maximilian. And yeah, I mean I don't know who knows, And you know, see this is again, when you have two people that are huge on Cipher's and this guy is like, you know, the god of this shit, the og of this stuff. How do you know if these stories are supposed to be taken as literal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be running through cipherful.
Speaker 1: You know, I think, yeah, it might very well be.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, parts of it something. Who knows, you know, there might be some play on this. Uh oh man, where was I Yeah. In his fifteen eighty five account, Augustine lurch lerch Shimer writes that after Mary's death, Tristhimiez was summoned to console a devastated Maximilian. Trithimiez conjured a shade of Mary who looked exactly like her when alive. Maximilian also recognized a birthmark on her neck that only he knew about. He was just distraught by the experience, though, and ordered him to never do it again. An anonymous account in fifteen eighty seven modified the story in a less sympathetic version. The Emperor became Charles the Fifth, who, despite knowing about the risk of black magic, ordered forced this to raise Alexander and his wife from death. Charles saw that the woman had a birthmark which he had heard about, so you know, again back to the birthmark. Later, the woman in Goethe's gowaits Forced became Helen of Troy. The story of maximum Million, Mary of Burgundy and the Abbot Johannes trith Tritham later appeared as one of Grimm's tales. I tried looking for that. I mean, I couldn't find it. But yeah, and here we're going to get into one of his books that I thought was really interesting to cover. And I remember this book from back in the day, you know, going through grimoires and his old books and looking at the stuff with like ciphers or associations and values. Stega Nographia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, right, I mean, that's a long word.
Speaker 3: Yes, Steganographia trith to mess most famous work, Steganographia, was written around the fourteen ninety nine and published in Frankfurt in sixteen oh six. He was placed on the Index Librorum Prohibitorium in sixty nine and removed in nineteen hundred. This book is in three volumes and about magic, specifically about using spirits to communicate over long distances. Since the publication of the decryption key, to the first two volumes in sixteen oh six, they have been known to be actually concerned with cryptography and steganography. It's real big right here again. Until recently, the third volume was widely still believed to be solely about magic, but the magical formula have now been shown to be covert texts for yet more cryptographic content. However, mentions of the magical work within the third book by such figures as Agrippa and John d still lend credence to the idea of a mystical, mystic magical foundation. In the third book, Robert Hook suggested in the chapter of Doctor D's Book of Spirits that John De made use of trith to meim trith to mean his tegnography to conceal his communication with Queen Elizabeth. Amongst the codes used in this book is day and this is something I want to cover next one is they ave Maria cipher where each coded letter is replaced by a short sentence about Jesus in Latin. That's crazy, yep. So these people that screw around with numbers and crytography and cipher's, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, there were something that they're making their own stuff.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Then we'll go on to this one which you wrote to my attention. Oh, here's just some more of like kind of like showing the sight, you know. I thought these were interesting, like ciphers and stuff, stuff he did in his book. Then we're going to get to I don't even know how you say this book katab shork al Mustaham something like that, The Long Desired Fulfilled Knowledge of Occult Alphabets or Occult Alphabets. Bye. And this is even another thing. I think it might be questionable. Iban Washhia that was supposedly around eight sixty three. See The Long Desired Fulfilled Knowledge of Occult Alphabets, also known in English as Ancient Alphabets, is a hermetic discussion of the esoteric meaning of various scripts and ciphers, both real and fictitious. It is written perhaps by Iban, like I said before, also known as Abu Bakar Ahma had been Ali who lived in the ninth and tenth centuries. He wrote a number of books on hermetic philosophy, toxicology, magic, and the occult. This includes Nabuten Agriculture, which the author of the Pika Trix openly drew from, and the Pika trix is a That's something that I think was going to be one of those books I'm eventually going to cover.
Speaker 1: It's I believe it's an Arabic, yes, which is.
Speaker 3: Why I want to get into it. Yeah. I even think the whole thing with the mansions of the moon and how everything's with the moon very interesting. He was the first historian to decipher ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs by relating them to the contemporary Coptic language. While some have argued that the text is a Renaissance forgery based on Prodamus Koptis by the seventeenth century German Jesuit Anthonyesius Kircher, most scholars agree that it is a genuine ninth century medic account. I do think it's funny how they are saying, no, it's Kirchers, you know, back to somebody had just talked about. It's worth noting that Ivan contributor contributions were well known among Arab Egyptologists and in Europe, including Kircher, who built upon some of his findings. Anyway, according to jacko or Jacob Hamen and Tila katab Shah, however, you say this guy's name may have been authored by Hassan Iban for Raj, an obscured descendant of the Heranian Sabian scholars, you know, who claimed to have merely copied the work in the year of four thirteen, which have been ten twenty two a d. The book deals with I've seen a couple of different numbers for this. The book deals with eighty nine. I think think you saw eighty something. I've seen ninety three. The book deals with I'll just stick with the eight and nine ancient languages in their writings in comparison in Arabic below. And this is just a small list. I took out most of them. But you have Thecufic alphabet. You have the Indian alphabet on three different sorts, the Syrian alphabet, the Old Nabathian alphabet, the Hebrew alphabet, the Greek alphabet, the alphabet of Hermes, the alphabet of Plato, the alphabet of Pythagoras, the alphabet of Socrates of Aristotle, the red alphabet invented and used by the philosopher Magnus, the talisman alphabet invented by Greek phalalas philosopher. I don't even know how to say that. I'm not even gonna try to the mysterious alphabet invented by Hellosh, the Greek philosopher who used it in his books, the alphabet of Hermes abou Tat the philosopher, the alphabet of Saturn, the alphabet of Jupiter, the alphabet of more Mars, the alphabet of the Sun, you know all, the alphabet of Taurus under the influence of Mars, the alphab the alphabet of Areas under the influence of Mars, the alphabet of King Kimas. I mean, so that this guy tons the alphabet of the Pharaohs, the oldest child Dian alphabet he has in there. Supposedly that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And this is from one of his things. In this section on hieroglyphics used to express world's relative to animal actions and affections, Washia includes a mysterious figure which he briefly explains. It is expressive of the most sublime secret. You know, I even think like Crowley's even used that phrase polled originally bohumad and carouge or cav or the secret of the nature of the worlds or the secret of secrets, which I've heard used, or the beginning in Return of Everything. This text remains undiscovered and Uhia doesn't explain what it means, but Anthonasius Kircher discusses it at great length in his sixteen thirty six work Prodromus Coptus, the Coptic or Egyptian Forerunner. The figure derives from the Bembian tablet or the menza Isaiaca or whatever. The Isaiah tablet, an elaborate tablet of tablet of bronze with enamel in silver inlet. The tablet is now regarded as of Roman rather than Egyptian origin, dating to sometime to the first century. Apparently, the winged figure is holding a tablet inscribed with Coptic Egyptian characters, representative of the four elements, which Kirchure associates with unity of old things. The drawing represents the connection between the macrocosm and microcosm, according to Kircher, depicts a scare beetle with the head of Horus, the subluinary demons who traffic between the high and low. This would explain why the figure was sacred or representative of the beliefs of the hauranin Sabbians, an astro cult who preserved the ancient practices of Mesopotamians. They believe that all events in the terrestrial realm were produced by the configuration of the planets, and that each planet in celestial sphere was animated by souls. Basically, the power of the spirits could be harnessed to impact change in this world through ritual just basically what planetary magical is to I mean elemental magic. You could start pulling on the elementals of planets, you know, Ah, by the power of his own soul, like the celestial souls, he would transcend his humanity and command movement of the heavenly spheres.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is some of the stuff that's out of that book. You know. Again there's that symbol up in the corner that's on there. Yeah, and then you know here's like, oh you know the symbol Yeah, and I guess like you know these all the different again you remember you're saying the alphabets all these people, you know, and then again like are those like these like secret ciphers for these people? Of these codes for these people? Is like that alphabet Like were people using these things then? And like we just had no idea about it? Yeah, Like were there groups of actual people who like use it.
Speaker 1: I would say yes, I would say absolutely yes. And every time you went in to like whenever they did these you know, magic spells or not magic squares, I'm sorry, magic squares, and they did all of this rituals, they gained more information on more sigils to use kind of like ohay, like they went in and they found another movement and then they could come back and put the movements together. And so people were going in and out of these realms to get more and more sigils.
Speaker 3: No, and yeah, me and you weren't even talking about that. And I've you know, I've even wondered with like dancing and like you know, uh performances. You know, you could be easily dancing in these shapes and spelling stuff out and nobody would have it. Faintest idea, No, I have no idea. I mean, Michael Jackson could have been doing that shit for a week now or give it me. Yeah right, I mean these people could have been like drawing out Hebrew letters, just keble letters in their own right. I mean, how would you.
Speaker 1: Like, you're tapping into an actual vestige of the algorithm and the matrix by constructing your body in a certain way and aligning the energy in a manipulative form. You never know.
Speaker 3: I mean, like if someone told me that at these did stuff like that during their rituals, that would not be surprised, you know what I'm saying, Like I could see it making sense. So I just wonder, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting. But and the amount of advancements that were made in this small I mean, look at all these books that came out of what is it, ninth century all the way to thirteenth century, and the advancements that were made, and then now you have the Renaissance in the fourteenth century that they're making all these technology. Was it because of these people?
Speaker 3: If this feels like legit, if there's actually, like you know, true like science and knowledge behind this stuff, and you know all that numerical values, shapes, geometry, cultures of magic and all that stuff, I mean, I I don't understand, Like, well, how has people gotten dumber? Myself included?
Speaker 1: I think I think it's on purpose. It has to.
Speaker 3: Be, like this shit is so old mm hm.
Speaker 1: And they knew so much. Not only were they, you know, fluent in different languages, they knew about math, science, medicine, uh, theology of any type. It It was expansive. Their knowledge was expansive. And it wasn't just one person, it was many people. And they made so many contribs. I mean even one book had so many contents in it. It wasn't just you know, how to on be keeping, It was like how to on all keeping? You know. So yeah, I think we've we've de evolved, not evolved, but devolved. Yeah, as people.
Speaker 3: Sure, something happened, definitely, you know that, like I have said, which I think is kind of why I thought this was important to cover. You know, I'm just repeating myself again, but like again, I do question like do we or even you know, even understanding or speaking our language correct, you know, or it was like is it understood differently to other people?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know.
Speaker 3: That is the end of this episode. That went great. Perfect timing too. I wanted to hopefully keep it around in hour and a half and that's exactly what we did. That was smooth as hell. Thank you very much. Lisa definitely gonna hang of this, you know, and you know I have to thank her because prior to this, I was working with screenshots, you know, no pay It was a mess, and you know, thanks Lisa, I've actually got my shit together a little bit. I'm idolizing documents. I'm actually like writing notes and scripts for myself, and the throwing images up on slides, which I think look better than showing them on stream yard, which is exactly why it too. But there isn't as less of a image, I guess the kayh, you know, it just looks like shit through streaming. But thank you very much. I thought that went smooth. And you know, like again, I guess the way that I'm doing it now also helps. So I think you bringing some sort of formality to the ECLE rejects the way we do our research now because it was surely a mess, Bryor, you know, but we still still made it happen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. The next episode it's gonna be the ciphers. You know, we're gonna go into some of these old ciphers. Yeah yeah, I mean, and that is even another thing. I didn't really go get into it really too much, I guess, because it really all depends on what you're into. But like you know, even with Jamachia, there certain sites you can go to. They have tons of different ciphers that you can run it through. Yeah, you know, I mean I really only screw around with the really three major ones, but I know other sites that that do. And it's just you know all those ciphers, you know, is there so thing to it? Because it is interesting when sometimes you see people who are into this stuff and they'll like use all these different ciphers and it's like you'll get not so much matching, but you'll see interesting neither numbers or phrases that almost coincide anyway, right, you know. So but uh, yeah, the next episode Cipher's I'm looking forward to that, you know, I do think that will give some credence to how like maybe we don't truly understand everything that we're looking at.
Speaker 1: Some of the stuff you found how some of the writings was written in cipher's and no one even really talks about that it was written in a cipher and people are reading it in an English lit like, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: About you could even twice the Book of the Lore in that into that. I mean, it's telling you there's a cipher, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, if all these religious texts are kind of coded, obviously a cipher exists is it true of all religious texts across the planet, you know, obviously in Western civilization, but it seems like they were all into it.
Speaker 3: I think so. I definitely think so. I think that's ways of them putting out stuff that that's part of being in the club. Yeah, you know this, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, So yeah, that is the end of part two. Thank you very much again, Lisa. Yeah, Cipher's in the next one. Check out all the links in the bottom. Keep an eye out for this Spiritual Gangster's Clown World Weekly going live. I think every Tuesday around ten thirty. Keep an eye out for that. I don't know when this is coming out, so I'm probably wasting my time, but I think around Halloween. If this hasn't come out yet, it might have came out. There might be some extra episodes out on the NY Patriots Show, so you know, keeping up with like the Halloween theme and stuff, weird stuff, parn't normal whatever, So keep an eye out for that. Be some extra episodes on that end. And that's about it and the until the next one. Everybody be well.