Speaker 1: Tirey there Channel nine first one too with a foecass. They get a little few showers this morning and things will clear up. They save by dinner time. High of eighty four today, over night low seventy two with clouds. Tomorrow's mostly sunny skies with a high of eighty five, pleasant overnight sixty four the low with clear skies and a sunny Thursday high of eighty nine seventy three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: Probably if you see how tramp Center of the University of sins at any cancer center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five to one three.
Speaker 3: Five eight five U see see scene.
Speaker 2: No change yet eastbound seventy four crews continue to work for the wreck. Before two seventy five at the Coal Ring split. Traffic is backing up to drive for over a half hour delay. Southbound two seventy five slows from the Lawrenceburg ramp onto the bridge. Northbound seventy five at an extra ten minutes out of Errolanger into town Chucking, Vermont fifty five krs.
Speaker 4: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Three fifty five KRCD Talk station. Happy Tuesday made especially happy because right now we get to talk with the next governor of the state of Ohio. Welcome back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show. It's always a real pleasure to have ve ak Ramaswami on the program. Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 3: How are you, sir.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, man, and I am excited as hell about your campaign. I cannot wait to vote for you. I have been blessed with the opportunity here. You speak multiple times. You and I have had conversations on the Morning show. We see eye to eye on all the important issues. And you know, I got to compliment you now. Your background is just absolutely perfect. You're brilliant graduate valedictorian from Saint Xavier High School here in a city of Cincinnati, native son some of cum Lottie graduate and biology from Harvard, jd from Yale Law School. You started your own biotech company, oversaw the development of five drugs. You went on to become FBA approved that roy Van Sciences. You've written books, I mean, and you outkicked your coverage in marriage. You are demonstrably and awesome candidate, my friend, and I cannot wait to get you elected. The campaign's going well. You got a record fundraising going on right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at campaigs going great.
Speaker 4: We've never seen unity like this across our state, right and I think that that's one of the things that strengthens us. Usually in a Republican primary season like this, there'd be a knife fight amongst people who agree with each other on ninety percent of things and attack each other. Anyway, we're skipping that this time, and we don't have to go through that phase of the attack phase of the process.
Speaker 3: We're united, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad to say that our party, our movement, and I hope our state more broadly is united around common sense economic excellence, educational excellence in this state. And one of the things I've noticed from traveling this state is we've been to over sixty plus counties of the eighty eight.
Speaker 3: In the last several months.
Speaker 4: I don't care whether people are even calling themselves democratic, dependent, libertarian, politically homeless, or Republican for that matter. I think that most people in our state are united around elevating our educational achievement standards in our schools, so many of which have underperformed, and also elevated around reducing the tax and regulatory burden in this state so that we become the state that leads the next industrial revolution, just like we led the first one. And so to me right now, this is not about left versus right. It's about up versus down. We're choosing up for the state of Ohio, and I want us to be the state that leads America back to greatness, not just Texas or Florida. We're done with living in their shadow and we're now ready.
Speaker 3: To leave the way ourselves.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, and I think a step in the right direction.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 1: One of the elements in the budget just Dwine just signed was the flat two point seventy five percent tax income tax. Are you a visionary in the sense you want to get rid of the income tax here in Ohio and make us more marketable when we have to compete with states like Texas and Florida.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I do think that we have a depopulation issue we're going to address in the state. Especially a lot of our younger age workers are the ones who tend to leave the state, and we have more Americans leaving our state than we have moving in. We're going to turn that ship around by making Ohio the most attractive state in the country to raise a young family, to grow a business, and yes, to generate wealth and to keep that wealth.
Speaker 3: It's your money, not the government.
Speaker 4: And if eight other states have managed to get to zero income tax, you know what the state to put a man in the moon and configure this one out. I'm proud of the legislature. I think that was a great step that we took in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I've been to a simpler.
Speaker 5: Flat taxation system at the state level, but I want us to be a state that is a serving in tax but what draw that includes a zero capital game taxation state. One of the only steps we can take this there New Hampshire. These are still nominally zero.
Speaker 3: Income tax states. They'll still taxpay.
Speaker 5: Conversely, I want to hire.
Speaker 3: A magnet capital in leading in the.
Speaker 4: Sectors of the future, from nuclear energy to biotech, and these are areas where I not only.
Speaker 3: Want to catch up to some of these other states.
Speaker 4: I want to lead and be a magnet for the top talent and capital around the country well.
Speaker 1: And one of the things we've talked about that I think would encourage and help along those lines is energy production. Here in the state of Ohio. And moving over and embracing the small modular nuclear reactors and sort of being the the the go to state for efficient power generation and you know, affordable power. If we embrace that and provide an abundance of power, I mean, we could sell off that power to other states who are going the opposite direction.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and right now, I just want to be sober about where we are with the AI data centers and other hyperscalers come into the state. That's while it's an opportunity, it is also a major source of added man on our electric grid. And right now AEP is forecasting rotating blackouts in the state of Ohio in the summer of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: That's unacceptable, I.
Speaker 4: Mean unacceptable in America, but you're seeing it in California. It's certainly inciple in our state of Ohio. We're going to turn that ship around.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 4: Good news is the get the energy out underneath our ground to start with and use it. That's natural gas in the near term where we're incredibly wealthy and natural gas we just have to cut the red tape to be able to use it. And then you hit the nail on the head and the medium term after that I want to lead Ohio to.
Speaker 3: Be the top state in the country.
Speaker 4: To embrace and really innovate in the area of small modular nuclear reactors, which is a far safer new generation, incredibly safe new generation of technology that's quickly built, that's scalable, and that really leads us to our future not just for the next four years, but the next four hundred, and has energy abundance that's accessible, that's a four stable, cheap, reliable for all of Hilands, as I believe is the proper expectation of every person who grows up in Ohio to live in the first world and be at the leading edge rather than playing catch up with energy shortages.
Speaker 1: As Governor of State of Ohio, you enjoy the line item veto and I have to ask this. I know it's a minor point, and even though it is six hundred million dollars, but one of the items that was not cut from the Dwine budget that was just signed six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns New Dome Stadium. I find that as a taxpayer offensive, Sir. I'd like your reaction on the idea that the Ohio taxpayer should be funding a privately owned sports team and stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean I've been clear with our friends of the legislature, and also out of respect to Governor DeWine, I'm not going to go one by one through his line out of veto's. A lot of those just came in even overnight, and so that's fresh news this morning. What I will say is this, I want to run things in our state a little differently than the way even other states run, and even some of the ways our state has run historically.
Speaker 5: What the job of a governor, I believe is to lead and set the achain.
Speaker 4: So you want to get a deal done, go do that deal done the best interests of the taxpayers of this state in mind, and then work with the legislators on the front end to ratify that deal rather than playing this game of you know, the legislature.
Speaker 3: A lot of great people in the legislature, by the way, but.
Speaker 4: Each of whom are shepherding their own proposals, not knowing whether or not the governor is going to sign it. That's the way most states are run. To be honest with you, we're going to change that. I don't think that that's functional to be able.
Speaker 3: To drive an actual bold agenda and to this stadium issue. It's going to come up time and again.
Speaker 4: And my view is that the job of the governor, the job of elected officials of the state, is to ask what gets the best deal for Ohio residents.
Speaker 3: And to me, if you want to think about smart deals that.
Speaker 4: Get local skin in the game, that get greater skin in the game for private investors, that's the job of a governor, and then you go to the legislature.
Speaker 3: To ratify it, rather than the game of.
Speaker 4: Legislators pushing one proposal, no idea, whether the governor is going to line at them vt to it in certain cases versus others. We're going to move to a new phase of unified leadership in the state through open communication that includes at the state and local level.
Speaker 3: Frankly, at the local level, you know, in a lot of these projects, I think there should be greater local student games.
Speaker 4: The local municipality is going to derive the benefit, then it would stand to reason that the local community that's going to benefit the most is also investing in a project that's supposed to benefit them. If a local municipality or a local county doesn't want advantage to raise questions about how big those proposed economic benefits really are. So I would say that without reference to any specific project, but about the principles that I would bring in the future is skin in the game for everybody, smart deals for the state, and then take a leadership approach.
Speaker 3: Round the front end. You're meeting with the legislative leaders and you're going in.
Speaker 4: With a one team mentality, especially with Republican majorities across the board.
Speaker 3: There's really no reason not to run the state that way. And you know, I want to give give credit re presit.
Speaker 4: We're a great state. We're one of the best in the Midwest. I just don't want to lead us to be one of the best in the Midwest alone. I want to lead us out to be the top state in the country. And I think that's going to require moving forward with more of a forward, leading, strong one Ohio leadership in how we work with our partners in the legislature and also how we work with local governments and the other statewide elected officials. We're done operating in silos. I'm ready to lead this state with a one Ohio mentality.
Speaker 3: And I think that's going to make us stronger.
Speaker 1: F big Ramaswami real quickly here, would you, as governor of the state of Ohio, we have a problem with fraud, wasted abuse, like every all government programs, but I understant we have a pronounced problem with medicaid fraud. Would you at least embrace the concept of going after fraud, waste and abuse in these various government programs aggressively to save the Ohio tax payer dollars.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Brian, I mean, it's just common sense. Really.
Speaker 4: Again, that isn't about left versus right. It's about saving all our taxpayer dollars. The fact of the matter is there's now evidence. You have great legislators like Jennifer Gross and others who have uncovered work showing that there are Ohio directed Medicaid dollars flowing to recipients in other states. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. And the fact of the matter is Ohio deserves better than that. So I think we deserve leaders who are willing to confront the reality that many of our taxpayer dollars do go to waste. But the way we're going to do it isn't some theoretical academic exercise. It's all part of a project to put more money in the pockets of Ohioans. I think Ohioans deserve We're hard working people deserve to keep what they are, deserve to bear a lower property tax burden. Remember it is your land, not the governments. Property taxes have gotten insanely high.
Speaker 3: In this state.
Speaker 4: And instead of asking you know, what benefit needs to be cut versus not for those property taxes to come down, let's actually start with a much easier question of where's just the waste, where's just the abuse? In some cases we're's the outright fraud. And I think Ohiolan's deserve to pay lower property Texas. I think Ohioan's deserve to get to a zero income tax state as day other states have gotten to. That's where I'm going to lead us. Combine that with lifting up our educational achievement standards, and we're going to have a renaissance in this state of a kind that we have not seen since the first Industrial Revolution. That's where I want to lead Ohio. And I can tell you, Brian, in about eighteen months, I'm excited to get started.
Speaker 1: You are, and we're here to help you. Youvek Ramaswami find him online, help him out. Vv V I v e K four Ohio dot COM's website for the campaign. There's a donate button, so help him out with that. BVEC, you were always welcome here in the fifty five KRSE Morning Show, inspirational and positive, forward, forward thinking words and we need that these days, and you're going to deliver for the state of Ohio. I feel very confident in that I'll look forward to talking with you again very soon. Thanks for spending time with my listeners of me today, sir, Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Take care.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure. Seven to forty five right now. I fifty five krc DE Talk Station USA Installation a great product made here in the state of Ohio, with the highest r value for any foam insulation on the market. Injected into the exterior walls of your home, you will save money every month and probably enough to cover the ninety nine dollars a month interest free that the USA is offering right now. By way of special you'll also enjoy immediate day one improved comfort. You're fighting that uphill battle against the heat. Trust me, you'll be in a much better position, which is where the energy savings come come from, so there won't be that hot room in the house. You know it'll be even a temperature around the house. That's one of the benefits of USA's phone by way of comfort and then savings guaranteed every single month you're using your system. So for ninety nine dollars a month interest feed plus a twelve hundred dollar energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes, give them a call for a free inspection and free quote. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: When you're hurt in a car crash or on