Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim kimk Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's the twenty twenty four National League Championship Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets. After beating the Mets again last night, the Dodgers now a commanding three to one series lead in this afternoon, a chance to close out the Mets and earn a birth into the World Series. It's Game five of the NLCS. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch from City Field and New York is coming up at two oh eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, get his preview of this Game five and thoughts going into it. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassos one on one with base Coachdino Ebel. We've got your Dodgers magical moment you're o tani rewind Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night in New York, it was the Dodgers dominating from the get go show. Hey Otani the lead off batter a solo home run to right and just like that, the Dodgers led one to nothing. But the lead didn't last long. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. He gave up a solo home run to Vientos in the bottom of the first and we were all tied up at one. It remained that way until the top half of the third inning, when the cleanup hitter, Tommy Edmund game the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: The leaves approaching fifty pitches with two outs in the third to two oh Tommy swings takes it to left center field. That ball is gonna get down in between Nimmo and Vader. Otani scores, Mookie's held up at third. It's an RBI double for Tommy Edmondon and it's two to one Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund, You're cleanup hitter, delivers with the top tier play of the game. Sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for less Keyky hernandez in and infield single. Mookie Betts scored Dodgers with two and the third took a three to one lead. In the bottom of the third, though I field, theer's choice scored a run for the Mets, it was a one run game, Dodgers up three to two. In the fourth throw the Dodgers added to their lead. Mookie Betts had doubled the left that scored two. It was a five to two Dodgers lead. In the sixth, he really busted open.
Speaker 3: Now may Tons two two Bett swings hits a high fly ball left field, going back nimble on the track.
Speaker 2: At the wall.
Speaker 4: It is out of here.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts watch that one fly from the batter's box, admiring a two run blast.
Speaker 2: Second time tonight. The Mets go to the bullpen for Mookie and he makes some pay.
Speaker 3: Mookie with his third hit of the night, third home run of the postseason, and it's now seven to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna pitch around, show hey, O tany Mookie Betch is gonna make you pay. The two run double in the fourth, then that home run in the sixth inning, a two run blast to left Dodgers up seven to two. A little breath of fresh air, moan with the game brought up to you by a Tara Mechanical. Looking for the reliable heating and air condition shitting service here in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner, to breath the fresh air. Their service is more than just a solution for the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at f fair price. Dodgers up seven to two. They tacked on more in the eighth, Tommy Evan and RBI double scoring two. Still in the eighth, Will Smith and RBI single that scored a run as the Dodgers go on and beat the Mets last night tended to Yamamoto in four to third innings. Evan Phillips gets the winning relieve blake trying and pitch it any in the third, and the henrikaz comes in and pitches two as the Dodgers take a three to one series lead in as best a seven and LCS Game five. Coming out from City Field, Jack Flaherty on the mound first pitch at two to eight, and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and say good afternoon, the Steven Nelson and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 3: XTC here with Rick Monday, MO. It is all in front of the Dodgers tonight, a chance to punch their ticket, a return ticket to the World Series. And I know what the numbers say. It's three to one, and a team that take the three to one series lead, they win eighty six percent of the time. I still do not think the Dodgers want to give New York any sort of daylight, any sort of hope. They don't care about clinching at home. They want to get it done tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, there's fourteen teams that have been down in this situation in the past and they have been able to come back. And the last one to do it the Los Angeles Dodgers in twenty twenty against the Atlanta Arraems. So if you start to look at what can happen. Yeah, here's the other thing too. The Dodgers want to close it out. Don't think about the next pitch or the next inning. It's about this pitch. It's about this moment, and for the Dodgers have handled the moments exceptionally well to this particular point, and I think from an offensive standpoint talk with some of the people in the front office earlier today on the bus coming to the ballpark, the Dodgers from a hitting standpoint, have been so disciplined. I mean, thirty one walks have been issued in this series. Oh yes, the Mets pitchers have had difficulty finding the strike zone consistently, but the Dodgers have been selective at the same time, aggressive hitting.
Speaker 3: Thirty six hits, thirty one walks, thirty roue scored. It really has been a complete performance, not just with the offense, but the pitching as well.
Speaker 2: The starters.
Speaker 3: Look, they got roughed up the first time through the rotation, right, it was Flair to Yamamoto at Beula. Their first turns are not good. But the last six outings for starting pitchers moll their e are is sub one two five. I'm getting back to the point you talked about focusing on the pitch in front of you.
Speaker 2: How difficult is that to.
Speaker 3: Do in a night like this when you know that, hey, they're getting ready to tarps the champagne bottles and this isn't just any celebration. We've done it a couple of times, but this is to go to the world. Like how it seems like an impossible task, just human nature and emotions to not look ahead.
Speaker 5: And let's talk about those little things. For example, when the buses pull into the ballpark today to drop the players off, you know what, they were building the loading docks. They're building the stage to make the presentation in case the Dodgers win this. So they've already seen a little bit of a glimpse on that end of it. Not done personally, but that's the case. So you can see, Hey, they're building the stage. Well, what's the stage four? Well, in case we are able to cleanse it. Don't get ahead of the moment and you have to kind of rein it back in. I think if you look at this Dodger ball club, they have so many guys now that have been through this before in the the chance to get even further into the postseason. From day one to spring trending, even before they got there, they've been thinking about in the World Series. For some of these guys, they've been dreaming about it since they were kids. Yeah, well again, don't get ahead of the moment tonight.
Speaker 3: I think it's a huge deal that the Dodgers have guys in the starting lineup today who have been here before on both sides. Right, you talk about the Dodgers the last team to do it in twenty twenty, coming back from three to one. Mooki was on that team. Keith a Hernandez, Max Munsey, Will Smith, Freddy Freeman was on the other side. So you have guys who know that being up three to one doesn't guarantee a dang thing. The Dodgers Game five, the Nation League Championship Series, trying for a gentleman sweep of the New York Mets.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we call you down to first. Bitch Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor Partiers, Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now, that's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with our Dodger insider David Vatsay, we'll dive deeper into this Game five pitching matchup. But I'm next your Otani rewind and we will visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to first pitch, Game five of the National League Championship Series, Dodgers Mets. First pitcher, City Fields, coming up a two oho eight. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 2: On, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets Game five by the NLCS A Dodgers win and they clinch a spot in the World Series. Jack Flerty on the mount. First pitch, coming up at two eights.
Speaker 1: This is the rewide Kintana his last eight games including the postseason.
Speaker 3: Is here raise zero point five seven the one O pitch Otani swings and it's a missile.
Speaker 2: To right field.
Speaker 3: Marche will turn and watch this one fly show, Hey O'tani leadoff home run, a laser beam to right field and it's one nothing Dodgers right.
Speaker 2: Off the hop In Game four show, Hey Otani leads off Game four with a solo home run. The Dodgers never looked back they win a ten to two shoey Otani would also walk three times and score four runs total for the Dodgers in their ten to win. Otani rewind brought to you by Etoscha, Japan's number one green Tea and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Target and eto in dot com. That's it t O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson. Hey.
Speaker 2: Karson now joins us from City Field before Game five of this NLCS, a possible closeout game for the Dodgers. Here's Stan and all of them, to a man, are set on getting this thing done. They've got a mission to get to the next round. They want to get this thing done today. They do.
Speaker 6: You know, Yes, there is the conversation of if it goes to six games, it would be back in Los Angeles, winning in front of the home fans. That is something special, there's no doubt about it. But they're looking to ride the momentum and they want to win today.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Dave Robinson spoke to the media. He said, there's a demeanor about this group. There's a demeanor about him he obviously has been in a situation in the past, and we go back to when he won the World Series and being in when the team was down and they came back and he was on, yes, the winning side of that.
Speaker 2: But look, you don't want the.
Speaker 6: Mets to feel like they can get back into this and so for this group, they want to go out there, they want to set the tone early. Hopefully Jack Flaherty can be efficient on the mound. Everyone in the bullpen is available. I mean, just the fact that Freddie Freeman is back in the lineup today. For him, he wants to be a part of this. He wants to help this team close it out. So hopefully everyone and can do just that and kind of getting the offense and getting things going early in this one to take the fans and to take the Mets out of it.
Speaker 2: Kirsten's brought to buy Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now with Cars for Kids dot org. It's cars with a K. Freddie Freeman back in the lineup with the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Today, Yeah, he is, and you know with him, of course he's been putting in a lot of work just to make sure that ankle is feeling better. So the fact that he's out there, it's very telling about just as we were kind of hitting on just where this team is at and wanting to close this out today, he did have all of yesterday to rehab. Also just mentally reset, I think because as much as it's been a ground on his body, it is also a mental grind when you are navigating through an injury that should have you down four to six weeks and you have been playing on you had one week down so or ten days down. So I think for him just being back out there, you know, it's everyone has recognized kind of how he sacrificed his body to help his team win, and so that does push these guys to the next level and so hopeful he can kind of get things going. He is going to be. He's batting forth just with facing a lefty, uh having the Taoska and him switch. So we saw twinds the end of the regular season, and we'll see it again tonight.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to possible celebration after the game Crest and we will check in with you then. Still they come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this Game five pitching matchup. David vessgoes one on one with Dodger third base coach Dino Ebel. But up next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts before this possible clinching Game five for the Dodgers in New York to take on the Mets. First pitch in two o eight. I'm Tim Kayson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon as well, lead up to first pitch Dodgers Mets Game five of the National League Championship Series Moroco Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good Times, Jack Felherty and David Peterson the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at two eight. Let's head back out the city field though and check in with the Dodgers. Gebberd Questions for Damn Dave.
Speaker 7: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 8: It's a it's been a fun ride. I love how we're going about things collectively. You know, there's a there's a great focus with our guys, a hunger and a real good compete and fight, and so that's been fun. And so we still got some work to do. They're gonna be uh, you know, their their backs are against the walls right now, and so we know that, and so I just think that we got to go out there and keep playing good baseball.
Speaker 9: Saskar was up here talking about how much it means to him to possibly make it to the World Series because he wasn't a part of that twenty seventeen team. Actually playing for you personally, after all so much talk over the off season stuff like that, for you to be one win away from getting back there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I'm excited. I'm excited. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I think personally, I am just fortunate. I have a lot of great people around me, most importantly the players. But I'm just very grateful to be here. I really am. So it's been a fun road, a tough road, a lot of work to be done, but you know, there's a part of it though, that you have to enjoy these moments. I think we all do, and I think we all get caught up in kind of the moment right now, but you know, you have to enjoy it because this is part of the fun. So I'm enjoying as much as I can.
Speaker 10: Crystal throughout all the lineup changes. You guys just continue to find those super big hits. Tommy was huge in that cleanup spot. He said he doesn't get a lot of opportunities like that with Freddy coming back after a day of rest. What do you want to see from him in that spot.
Speaker 8: With Freddie? I think just keep being himself. I think that you know, he's still trying to find his swing. I'm sure the ankle has a lot to do with it, but he's in there because I feel the bats are going to be quality of bats and he's going to give us everything he has. And I think with the rest of the guys, just keep taking good at bats. I think you see it with Tao and Will who are not really swinging well. But I think that there at bat quality has been fantastic as far as the fight, which is, you know, spoiling pitches and getting to the next guy. So things like that matter, and so you know, that's what I expect from our guys tonight.
Speaker 2: Go to the fourth Road to David.
Speaker 11: Dave, you've been here before, obviously. What is it about close out games that you have to approach a game like this?
Speaker 8: I think I think getting a lead is important. I say that because you put the onus on them to sort of exhaust all resources. And you know, the sooner you can do that, the better it is. And so I just think it's applying pressure.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave robers down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to with's Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan dot Com. Will we continue here on Dodgers on debt. We are going to get the very latest from the best insider out there, David Vassay. So we lead you up to first pitch Game five of the NLCS, a chance to win and move on to the World Series of the Dodgers. First pitch of two eight. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles, Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network, this is my wrong Casino. Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Game five in the National League Championship Series, Dodgers a three to one series lead over the Mets. Jack Flarerty David Peters in the pitching match up, first pitch coming up at two o.
Speaker 1: Eight, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David Dodgers one went away from punching a ticket to the World Series. Are they're playing their best baseball right now?
Speaker 4: You think it feels like it is?
Speaker 11: And just talking to some of the coaches around the team, uh, they just said it's all come together. And the one thing that everybody has noticed in the dugout is you're seeing everybody on the top step and really engaged every single pitch. And there were times this season where you couldn't say that about the Dodgers. And yeah, they're still taking a glance at the iPad, but it's not an extended look. Everybody wants to be on the top step cheering on their teammates and just one through nine. It feels like this is the most connected one through nine the Dodgers have been all season long, and I think the greatest evidence of that is they're thirty one walks through the first four games of this series, the most by any team in the postseason through four games in a playoffs series. So it just feels like the identity of the twenty seventeen twenty eighteen Dodgers has really come to form here where they are passing the baton and not trying to do it all themselves.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like his choices, find yours. With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called f one to fifty. Tommy Edmund betting clean up last night, delivered with three RBIs Is he the most underrated player you think DV in this series?
Speaker 11: That seems to be the consensus, at least in our booth. We've been talking about Tommy Edmond the last twenty four hours, and it feels like he is. If Jack Flaherty pitches seven more scoreless tonight or six scoreless, see, he definitely would have a run at the NLCS MVP.
Speaker 4: But outside of.
Speaker 11: Jack Flaherty, if he had a point to one guy that has been the most consistent Dodger in this NLCS, there would be two guys, Max Munsey and Tommy Edmund. And Edmund has played shortstop and has done a great job and also has driven in a run in the first four games of the NLCS. So you know, you look at what Tommy Edmund has provided, it feels like and don't forget he didn't start playing games this season until what August, so he may be hitting his stride and the early part of the of him coming back, the rust is off, and you know, this may be June for Tommy Edmond while it's October for everybody else.
Speaker 2: The postseason is where memories are made. We talk about the eighty team, the twenty seventeen team that went to the World Series, the twenty twenty team that won the World Series. Kind of feels like this could be a storybook moment for Jack Flarry.
Speaker 4: David without a doubt.
Speaker 11: We saw how emotional he was after Game one, his mom greeted him on the field.
Speaker 4: He grew up.
Speaker 11: As you know, Tim and Burbank went to Harvard Westlake and was a Dodger fan and it would be a storybook ending for him to pitch his hometown Dodgers to the World Series.
Speaker 2: David, great stuff. We will check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. David's gonna go one on one with Dodger third base coach Tino Ebel. That is coming up in fifteen minutes, coming up next year on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck though, We're gonna get you your Dodgers magical moment. Yeah, have a lot of magical moments. Could this be won? As DV just alluded to for Jack Flarity and this Dodgers team punching a ticket to the World Series, another one win away a three to one series lead in this best to seven NLCS. Pitch from City Field's coming up at two o eight. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and match Game five of the NLCS. Jack Flaherty David Peterson, the pitching matchup, Dodgers win and they clinch a World Series birth. First pitch from Cityfield coming up at two eight, Who wants?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfeing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Tals.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty seventeen Dodgers on the road at Wrigley Field in Chicago, the NLCS Game five, Dodgers Cubbies a night. Keyk Hernandez will never forget.
Speaker 12: Montgomery delivers, There's a fly ball to center field. It's on its way and.
Speaker 4: It is done. A home run. Keith k Hernandez a two run shot.
Speaker 12: It is eleven to one. He is never gonna have a night like this again, and fe in baseball ever will Keith kee Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez with three home runs, drives in seven, helping the Dodgers win their first National League penned since nineteen eighty eight. That was Game five of the twenty seventeen NLCS, says Hockey Magical Moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, a Sokal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Malicious Haughty hot Dogs. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in with Rick Monday. If you're leading up to first pitch Dodgers Mets Game five of the NLCS. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network, Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets Game five with the Nationally Championship Series. Either way, Dodgers are getting on a plane coming back home. Will they play in Game six or will they be coming back celebrating a berth in the World Series. Dodgers a three to one series lead. Dodgers Baseball rought to weiss Zen she handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game. Are after at Ralph's, another local supermarkets near the deli.
Speaker 1: Counter and now joined by David Masseying. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, the Dodgers are one win away from the World Series. They're in a great position to make that happen tonight.
Speaker 5: Well, don't count your chickens before they hench. There's nothing better than Steven Nelson and Dwayne McDonald and I we can't wait to see you get on the plane, look like a drunken sailor and smelling like one after a celebration, quite frankly. But you know, here's the deal. The New York Mets understand exactly what is at hand, and they're going to be pulling out every trick in the bag that they have, and they are going to maneuver this ball club. The question is, can the Dodgers get out to a big lead, even an early lead of any semblance, and then force the Mets to kind of rally around. This is going to be staff as far as the New York Mets and there. To say they're overdue is an understatement. The Dodgers have done so many different things in this series and done them well that is really incredible, including the fact they're hitting three thirty three in this series with runners in scoring position. What about the Mets just one thirty eight. So the Dodgers are not only doing it from an offensive standpoint. They haven't made many mistakes defensively at all either, but the pitching on top of it. The bullpen has had to cover a lot of innings and boy, have they ever covered them?
Speaker 11: Well, they certainly have, and it's a lot lot easier to cover those innings when you have a big lead, which the Dodgers have had.
Speaker 4: In three of these four games.
Speaker 5: Well especially you begin to look at what they've been able to do. I mean the Dodgers have had. For example, they have outscored them thirty runs to nine. That twenty one run differential is the largest by a team in the first four games of a postseason series in Major League Baseball history. That's in the past, though, this is about today. The Dodgers have a flight back to la and we know what the battle cry is for Dave Roberts. Happy flight. This could be more than a happy flight. It could be two happy flights, because the Dodgers have two different planes.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 11: Because there's a lot of people that want to be here from the organization and anticipation of the Dodgers punching their ticket to the world.
Speaker 5: See the way, you'll be tripled up on the wing.
Speaker 4: Hopefully next to you.
Speaker 5: That'll be okay. You know, we can have a nice little celebration. I do have a bottle of you know that is with me, So yeah, yeah, I'll give you a good price on it at thirty thousand feet.
Speaker 4: Thanks Rick, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: You know, that's what friends are for.
Speaker 11: David Hey, low Key, Tommy Edmunds had a really good series.
Speaker 5: You know what you start to look. We talked Stephen and I talked about this last night in the broadcast. He has done everything. I mean, he's played short stop, he's played center field, he's played a couple of other positions to be able to do it. He's done it very well. And you start to look at what the Dodgers did. Kudos to the front office. In baseball operations. You get, first of all, the starting pitcher for today in Flaherty, you pick up Edmund on top of it. Those are big, big additions. And look what they have both been able to do. I mean, it's just phenomenal what Edmund's done. And especially in light of the fact that you look at Rojas with his injury and not available in this series, Edmund comes right back in. He had a lot of fun as a cleanup hitter. I mean, if you can line guys up and say, well, he looks like a cleanup hitter, he looks like a cleanup hitter. I think Tommy Edmund maybe the last choice.
Speaker 4: But the good news is he didn't try to be John.
Speaker 5: Carlos eactly, exactly. Get on, Bass is the real key and the Dodgers. If you look at this one two punch because Mookie Betts now is Mookie Betts. Uh maybe we've been wondering where Mookie Betts has been. Well he's he's resurfaced. And you get that one two punch with Otani and Betts right now. Uh, that's that's a pretty good, uh, pretty good duo.
Speaker 4: All right, shake and bake, that's what they're called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've brought a change of clothes, did you not?
Speaker 4: Just in case I did? But there are no showers in the press box.
Speaker 5: Well that's okay. We can get you some wipe.
Speaker 4: Thanks Rick, what a teammate. Li's send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thanks a lot of DV As long as you got a towel, that's all you need. Dodger fans and hands are listening experienced by download the iHeartRadio app and listening to Game five of the NLCS and the rest of the postseason in HD. It's all power by La Care Health Plan Serve all Angelino's Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this Game five pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Stephen Nelson, gets you those keys to the game right before first pitch, but Ip to actually go high and tight with Dodger third base coach Dino Ebel. It's Game five of the NLCS Dodgers Mets. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Mets Game five of the NLCS. Jack Flaerny David Peters of the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball's presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, only one place to go. The best Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor. It's c h LA dot Org.
Speaker 1: David, And now what will likely be vast fielding in so it's from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers are one win away from the World Series and a man that knows about winning. He is the best third base coach in baseball. He is a big part of the Dodgers' success this season. And that is the great Italian American that resides in Rancho Cucamonga, the one and only Dinu Ebel Dino.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Always, Dave.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me on. Love talking baseball with you.
Speaker 11: Hey, I had a caller from Rancho Cucamonga last night and I said, if the Dodgers win the World Series, there better be a parade in Rancho Cucamonga for you.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 7: That's that's good stuff there. Hey, there's a bunch of sports people that live in Rancho. They follow the Dodgers and Angels. So good. I'm glad a caller got on your show and talked.
Speaker 2: A little ball with you.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 11: I know the players are having a great time. Winning is fun and contagious, but from your standpoint, are you allowed to enjoy all this so far?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? I mean we'll get to the park here, you know, every day early I'm waiting for the guys that come out now to do their early work. So, uh, the players are playing good right now. It's good up up tempo in the clubhouse, on the field where we've got great energy. And uh, you know, put in last night's game the way we did in the last you know, few wins against the Mets, you just gotta we just got to continue to do what we're doing. Come out today, get hot early and try to put this series away.
Speaker 4: Do you know, I know you can appreciate this.
Speaker 11: When Mike Soshe hit his home run in the eighty eight NLCS at Chase Stadium, he said he could hear his cleats in the dirt.
Speaker 4: That's how quiet it was.
Speaker 11: Have you experienced that the last couple of nights?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? And uh it's you know, just yesterday the crowd was on his feet, they're waving the towels and show hey goes deep to right center and it was silent, and you could hear the guys in the dugout from where I was standing. And uh, it's that's the way. That's what you got to do on the road is you got to you got to come out quick, score some runs, get the fans out of it, and hopefully today we can do the same thing.
Speaker 11: Do you know, Ebol Dodgers third base coach is our guest. You know a lot of people are talking about Keith k a Hernandez, Max Muncy Otani beats all those guys rightfully. So what about Tommy Edmund? How important has he been to the success of the team.
Speaker 7: He's been huge. This guy's you know, he's been in this type of games before with the Cardinals. He's a he's a Dodger player, fundamentally sound, and he's doing really well. That Rojas is out with his injury at short he just puts. He's a baseball player. You ask him to bunt, he bunts. He you ask him to move a runner over, he does.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: Having Tommy here playing shortstop that Rojas is out has been a huge factor in our lineup. Yesterday he's hitting forth and he's coming up big and big double to drive in a run. So we love him and continues, you know, hopefully he continues success. He's that a little ankle here and there coming in, but I ask him every day he's ready to go. This morning, he's here early and he's he can't wait to get this thing started.
Speaker 11: Speaking of ankles, Freddie Freeman's been dealing with his right ankle the entire postseason.
Speaker 4: How do you gauge how he's feeling day to day?
Speaker 7: Good? So yesterday had the full day off, he had a good look on his face. This morning, I went in and asked him how he's feeling. He said a lot better. So I think yesterday gave him, you know, that ankle a little bit more time to heal, same as with Gavin Lux. He feels a lot better today. But yeah, we we miss Freddy. We need him in the lineup. He's in there tonight, so hopefully you know he does what he does. This offense right now is rolling. We got to keep it going.
Speaker 11: I remember Mookie BET's catching him after he crossed home played in Game one of this series. How does you sending him from second to home? How does all that work?
Speaker 7: Yeah, when he was standing at second base there, I'm thinking, Okay, I know I'm gonna get tested early, and I did so. But he looked right at me, David, and this is this is the truth. He said, send me, I don't care. It's two outs and if it's hit to any one of the outfielders. I want you to send me so you know, I know his ankles. You know it's it's hurting him, but he comes to play this the elite players find a way to get the job done. He cuts the base as well. But when I sent it, and I did send him, and you know, and I saw the throw and I'm thinking, and I was down by the box telling him to get down, and he almost ran into me. As his angle that time was a little bit because he couldn't turn because of the right foot. But then I saw Mookie catch him. Then I knew he was in good hands.
Speaker 4: That's great. I love it, Dino.
Speaker 11: You embody everything that it means to be a Dodger. You're a disciple of Tommy Lasorda. I know he's looking down from Blue Heaven and certainly proud of everything that this team has accomplished, and certainly proud of everything you've done to help the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you, David again, since I came back in twenty nineteen, and then when Tommy passed away in twenty twenty, after we won the World Series, before every game, I look up and I tell Tommy, the big Dodger in the sky give us, give us some love today. So I'm asking him again tonight. Get this series over with, so Big Dodger and the Sky Tommy, we need your help.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 11: What a team, the fruits of victory, the Dodgers one went away from the World Series.
Speaker 4: Dino, thanks a lot for the time, love it.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me there.
Speaker 11: He is the best third base coach all of Major League Baseball, and he's wearing that Dodger blue and he bleeds Dodger blue.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks law DV. Thank Youdino. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's groof day at Shaky's dot Com. We're getting closer to first pitch from Cityfield in New York. Dodgers met up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers met It's Game five of the National League Championship Series Dodgers eight three games to one lead in this best of seventh series winner moves on to the World Series to face the Yankees or Guardians. Dodgers one win away from punching their ticket. First pitch coming up at two o eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look get the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Heresent it by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See or Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy. David Peterson on the mound for the Mets. Twenty nine year old left hander fastball, sinker, slider, change up made twenty one Stars during the regular season. He was ten and three with the two to ninety ERA and one hundred and one punchouts. He hasn't thrown more than three innings in a game since the end of the regular season because he's been pitching out of the bullpen thirteen and a third scoreless innings and four appearances. Dodgers saw him in Game one after code Is Singa struggled. He allowed two runs and four hits and two and a third innings. Jack Flaherty, he goes for the Dodgers. Twenty nine year old right hander just celebrated a birthday on Tuesday to turn twenty nine. Thirteen and seven with a three seventeen roray twenty eight starts during the regular season, ten of those or with the Dodgers after he came over to trade from Detroit to win six and two with a three fifty eight r RAY so far this postseason, one in one with a two ninety two ERA in two starts. He faced the Mets for the second time in his major league career back in Game one of this NLCS, seven scoreless innings, struck out six, walk two while giving up just two hits. As far as the Dodgers bullpen is concerned, so far in this NLCS, nineteen and two third combined innings, six earned runs, nineteen strikeouts. And you look at who pitched yesterday in Game four, Blake Trinon, Evan Phillips and Garlo Henriquez. Well, we probably will see Evan Phillips again at some point. Michael Kopek is available, Ryan Brazier's on rest, Daniel Hudson pesant Pitchedon's Game one Anthony Bondas and pitchedon's Game two. Brent Honeywell also available. So Dodgers bullpen ready to go if need be. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by eto In oi o Sha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the teas at showe Aotani Loves and drinks available at your local Diso stores, Target and eto in dot Com. That's I T O e N dot Com Dodgers Mets. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jap On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to Game five of the National League Championship Series. Dodgers win and they move on to the World Series with a three to one series lead. They won big last night, ten to two. Looking to make it another win in New York and a happy flight home to get some rest before the World Series. Jack Felherty David Peterson the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at two eight. Dodger fans enhance your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: I things stand back here with me looking at the starting lineup. Mo's it's a different look that the Dodgers have tonight than they had on Thursday, despite facing another lefty starter. David Peterson. Freddy Freeman is back in there cleaning up. Tommy haven't been bumped down to five. Andy PAHs is still in there. Will Smith down to the eighth spot in the order for the first time in basically three years. And it's Jack Flerty on the mound. Where do you want to go?
Speaker 5: Well, I think for Jack Flerity, we talk about dreaming about the this moment since you were a kid in the backyard and saying okay this and then what have you? And if this is the ball club and I think flarerity, it really comes to the forefront. This isn't about just getting to the World Series. This is about winning the World Series and in order to have the chance to do that they need a victory tonight, and I think Flarerty is the perfect guy to dial it in and that's starting rotation.
Speaker 3: He has pinched postseason clinchers before he's one and one as he are a one point five zero. And when we got back to the hotel last night, we were on the elevator with him as mother Eileen, and there was just a calm and a focus to Jack Flaherty, an intensity. Even even just that short elevator ride. He shared a hug with his mother who's is staying in a different staying in a different room, and you could just tell that Jack is built for this.
Speaker 5: I have a feeling though, soon as his mom got off the elevator, Jack still had to go a few more flown. The floor is a lot more and I think that fire started to build up a little bit more once mom got off on her floor.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 3: And we're looking forward to seeing that fire on the mounta and we're looking forward to seeing Shoho Tani, Mookie Bets and Taoscar and Naz hopefully start another first inning fire in game five, just like they did in Game four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Game five coming up. Jack Flaherty on the mound bullpen locked and loaded, ready to go. All hands on deck in this closeout game for the Dodgers. Either way, they're gonna get on a plane and head back to Los Angeles after this game is over. Will it be a happy flight or will be a working flight getting ready for Game six. We're hoping for a happy flight home and a little celebration afterwards. I'll be back on the post game with all the festivities, reaction, and hopefully is celebration with David Vasse getting drenched in that Dodgers clubhouse. We'll find out though, First bitch coming up. Dodgers Mets. Game five of the National League Championship Series is next from City Field in Queens, New York. Enjoyed everybody. I'm saying, case has been wrong with casino. Dodgers on deck in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network