Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let your tako one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots. Hey reminder a little later this hour, Jeff Coffin will be here. Coffin and Lynd Partner provides free legal advice on Mondays for lawn disorder. If you've got something y'all want to get over to us, we'll put it in front of Jeff as long as you can boil it down to a few sentences.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Personal injury is his specialty, but he can field general legal questions as well.
Speaker 1: Again, that's two two five two six. Please try to keep them brief At two two five six.
Speaker 2: How about a uh, it's Monday. Let's start off with a first headline of the week contender.
Speaker 3: Good night, all right, hold on, all right, I'm ready. I'm right night.
Speaker 2: It's only the first one of the week. No, I'm saying we had a bunch last week. I'm trying to make this an ongoing deal here.
Speaker 3: I like it. It was just I wasn't ready to jot down the headline. I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Well, you you were able to pivot on a dime there, turn on a dime there, taka, you're always.
Speaker 3: Prepared, nimble like a cat.
Speaker 2: Here we go international headline. So police confirmed death of a seventy four year old man after severed head found in Edinburgh street after pedestrian hit by bus in Scottish capital's Party district.
Speaker 1: Hell am I supposed to write all that? Can I just summarize?
Speaker 2: It's that successive use of too many It's way too many words for a headline.
Speaker 1: Yes, police confirm death of headless man.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's basically the and that's some good investigating there.
Speaker 3: Hit by a bus.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Scottish capital of Edinburgh in the Party district.
Speaker 1: I know this was in Scotland, but man, if if you hadn't saved my life in Ireland, yeah, it could have been headless.
Speaker 2: We had just arrived in Ireland. This is what ten eleven years ago, during Saint Patrick's Day celebrations. We were over there for a broadcast, Yeah, with Jamison and uh Tacoo Bob. Literally ten minutes after we had walked out of our hotel just to kind of look around Dublin and check things out, was almost taken out by a Dublin city bus. I literally grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and pulled him back. Traffic goes to the opposite direction, opposite side of the road.
Speaker 1: That you don't think about that being from America, also being that you were No, don't pin it on any of that, Okay, I just didn't. I totally forgot that the traffic moves whatever, you know, different, a different direction than we're used to. Hence almost walked out in front of a bus. So thanks man, No, you're welcome. I think I've saved your life once.
Speaker 3: Probably. I mean we've been we've worked together. How long.
Speaker 1: Somebody's asking me, yes, orday, twenty eight years at this point was twenty eight, okay? I told him twenty six or twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Just to confirm, though they they did confirm that the headless man was indeed dead.
Speaker 1: I caught that part in the head on it thought.
Speaker 3: Said headline headless in the headline.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, it's pronounced Edinburgh.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: What did you say? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Scotland too well. I guess it was your city.
Speaker 3: You kind of want it.
Speaker 1: Then somebody texted in ten percent cat.
Speaker 3: No, uh no, disrespect to Scotland. I or the pronunciation of their city.
Speaker 2: A New York City private school called the Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
Speaker 3: Oh what what did they do that was unethical? Well?
Speaker 2: No, okay, this is for sensitive children. They have a now that students will be able to skip the day after the election if they're distressed by the results. What grade level is this kindergarten through twelfth grade?
Speaker 1: How are those kids going to be stressed about the wet about the election?
Speaker 2: If because it's going to flow downward from their parents. Okay, The Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
Speaker 3: That's a big title to make a lot more money on juition.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much it costs to go to the Ethical Culture Fieldston School per year.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't such a long title, I'd google it. Yes, you can stay home kids. What's it called ethical? The Ethical Culture Fieldston School? Ethical Culture? It's not cultural.
Speaker 1: I'm reading these No, I'm just trying to type it Fieldston School. Okay, hold on, we're good. Have finished it for me now, tuition. This I'm telling you my browser has some of the strangest things ever.
Speaker 2: Considering some of the websites you visit doesn't surprise me in the least. Well, it's all for this show sure, yeah, show research. Didn't get that? Learn more details? Try again.
Speaker 3: Anyway? Allow this time? All right, I guess they want to follow me. See if I'm really.
Speaker 2: Can I talk about Peanut the squirrel, who was a Internet sensation up until his demise.
Speaker 1: We have had Peanut the squirrel in idiotology before that.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure, I am. I don't forget a squirrel named Peanut. What about Fred the raccoon? I forgot that one. Did Fred the raccoon eat Peanut the squirrel? No, but they're both gone. Mark Longo, who operates a animal sanctuary in his rural New York state home, had a visit from New York already at the Department of Environmental Conservation, and they took both of those animals from his possession and euthanized them over the weekend.
Speaker 1: See now, that's just that's wrong in every sense of the word.
Speaker 2: Uh Mark, They were living in good life with him obviously devastated.
Speaker 1: Pin was the best things that ever happened to us.
Speaker 4: You need that many officers to show up to my house.
Speaker 2: To peanut a bit one of the individuals involved in the investigation. So they took him and euthanized him for fear of rabies.
Speaker 4: Literally pull my closets apart.
Speaker 3: We were ready to.
Speaker 2: They figured they grabbed Fred the raccoon and have him. Uh you know who has a rack combined?
Speaker 3: Ready? It was a rescue taco who has a raccoon named Fred? It should be Rocky give the people work. We were in the process of doing that.
Speaker 1: We needed a little bit of a guidance from the DEEC.
Speaker 4: To take Peanut away from my family is not only you know, heart wrenching, but then you take it away from the organization that solely gets its funding from social media that requires Peanut to get that funding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they're up in arms over on the end of So there Peanut. It was an internet sensation and quite friendly from what I can tell I. I've shared some of peanuts exploits and you know, adventures on our Facebook page. It looks like, like I said, a very friendly squirrel. Somebody's trying to apprehend them. He even puts on a little hat at times.
Speaker 3: Does he put it on himself?
Speaker 2: Well, no, that would really be something if Peanut could put his own hat on.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could do it.
Speaker 1: If you do a little squirrel hands just put down the nuts and throwing the top hats. Give them a little stick, you know, like an entertainer. Fred could probably help them put it on too. You want to another squirrel sound? Do you remember the actual squirrels dound? Can you do it? Because I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they do to go. You're looking at him and the Oh that was pretty strong, right that? Really you have to put your teeth together and push your uh yeah against your lips and then create a tremendous amount of suction.
Speaker 3: Yeah suction. I thought you were then closing out now.
Speaker 2: Not to be fused with the original human Beatbox sound effect, which of course is I don't even remember any hamster. Oh the hamster is and because I know the text are coming in and there are a few seconds behind because of the delay, the most the most requested sound effect in our Human Beatbox library.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: This is called heads against shopping carts. When Pat and his big meat head buddies in high school used to catch a criminal at Osowski's family market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shoplifters, We were way ahead of this whole Bob world Order thing.
Speaker 1: That's him and his cronies running the head of the thief across.
Speaker 2: I have the I do this a visual of me doing like a headlock on the purp as the forehead is raked across the tops of the shopping cars.
Speaker 1: Did you guys get to take turns doing this or was it one one person that was normally in charge as you what?
Speaker 2: Well, No, I mean we were collective. What we were were grocery store vigilantes Bob, like you said, they really want to get down to it.
Speaker 1: It was like Bwo Bob World Order before it came out. By the way, uh, boss man ordered more stickers, more BWO stickers and other thousands.
Speaker 2: So we ran out of the first batch due to high demand.
Speaker 1: We mailed out people mailed in self address stamped envelopes, which you can still do.
Speaker 2: Yees will fulfill them. So we should have the new stickers this week.
Speaker 1: A thousand people took the time to send self damped tovelopes, but we did give away a few at Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 3: He's expanding to coozies as well. I saw that. That's awesome coozies as well.
Speaker 1: It says JR R on one side and BWO on the other.
Speaker 3: Bwo.
Speaker 2: It's beyond grassroots at this point.
Speaker 1: Remember if you want your BWO sticker, mail in a self address stamped envelope to our studios.
Speaker 3: They're in Maitland. Just google the address. Yes, thank you, we appreciate it. That'll be all.
Speaker 1: Soock station is w j R R