Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Fortyfi Mo Kelly and Marsha Collier on this Tech Thursday. Marsha Collier is always great to see you. You look heavenly and you're all white tonight.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Mo.
Speaker 5: I just love summer colors, summer clothes. Okay, I love clothes.
Speaker 6: Give me old winter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me any excuse. You know what can I say?
Speaker 2: You and I are Android people. I am very much a Google person. I used to set my calendar by October. Why is that? Well, October was usual. Usually they're annual event for their new release phones and accessories. Maybe it will be a tablet or or the pixel Watch. In recent years they moved it up to August. It was August thirteenth this year. Why is that, Marsha Collier.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling they just wanted to beat Apple.
Speaker 6: Oh, because Apple's annual event is usually in September.
Speaker 5: Exactly that way, you can easily beat and drop what you're doing. So that maybe Apple has to scramble with some software, which a couple of the things I'm going to tell you about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might just have to Okay.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you though, because when I would view the event in October, I usually would get my phone. I should say, order my phone immediately and you'd probably get it in a week or so. But they've moved up this event, and the best you could do, from what I understand, is pre order these three new phones, which were unveiled in two new Pixel watches.
Speaker 6: You have to wait at least a month.
Speaker 2: You can order it, but what's the point of having this big soiree and you can't even get the product when you really really want it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. You know, they want to.
Speaker 5: It's like they always leak stuff to the press about stuff, and I don't report it to you guys because it's not real yet.
Speaker 3: Suppose.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's their free pr yep, that's their game, and I don't want to play. But I look at these phones. They're more expensive than last year.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: To be clear, the Pixel eight was six hundred and ninety nine dollars. This year, the Pixel nine is seven hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 5: And the Pixel Pro nine Pro, which comes with a free year of Gemini Advanced Subscription.
Speaker 3: Nine ninety nine and.
Speaker 5: The Pixel pro XL starts at ten ninety nine, and that's not ten dollars, and the new Pixel nine pro fold starts at seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: The Okay, my wife has a Pixel foll first generation that was like fifteen ninety nine. So you're saying there is a two basically a two thousand dollars phone which was made available. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it is, which will be obsolete in six months.
Speaker 5: You know, that's the thing we have to realize when we're buying these phones, we're really buying computers. That's what we're buying. We're not buying a phone anymore. It's a full on come. You can get a Dell computer for that.
Speaker 6: A pretty good one, hopefully darn good one. Actually.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but some of the features that are coming, and I wanted to share a couple to you because I thought a couple were pretty cool. First of all, there's AI all over everything. It's like they just whitewashed all the products with AI. And there are people according to some surveys that fifty two percent of people are more concerned than they are excited about AI. And when I read to you some of the things that they can do One of the things that Google has done which Apple can't do is Apple clearly highly upgrades their hardware every year. Yes, you know, every year they put more stuff into it. Apple wants to keep up with the operating system that can go back a couple editions of phones, so the new software won't work back on a lot of phones. So Google, even though there's a seven year update policy on the.
Speaker 6: Phone, at least for security updates, at.
Speaker 5: Least for security updates, because the technology that's in the hardware may not be able to support all the new features. And there are a couple features. I gotta tell you my favorite one because I love taking pictures. I mean, it's not a computer to me. To me, it's a fancy camera. I take pictures of everything. It's called the pixel nine is called ad me.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: It lets you take a group picture of a bunch of people. But there's the person who's taking the picture who's not in the group. So you take the picture and then you swap out a person and they take a picture with you what And the software intelligently combines both photos to make it look like the original photographer was there.
Speaker 6: All along, Well, that seems like cheating.
Speaker 3: It's ai.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get used to magic eraser, removing people and things from the background.
Speaker 5: I was writing, writing my new book, and I'm afraid I actually finished. But I'm demonstrating magic eraser. And what I didn't realize when I sent the screenshots of the work that i'd done. They make such big photos. It adds so much data when you use the magic eraser.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it leaves kind of a footprint you could tell like you know, oh, it almost like leaves the aura of whoever was there?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I took the Grand staircase at the Pantages theater had people on it. In the book, I've removed the people and the last photo looked like the Grand Staircase at the Pantages.
Speaker 6: Without it, it can fill in all that miss the information again.
Speaker 5: All in, it was amazing, and I took screenshots step by step that'll be And that's how I demonstrate things in my books. By the way, was with screenshots because I can tell you where something is, but it might move, but if you look at it, you'll know what to look for.
Speaker 2: When I buy my next phone or my next pixel Watch. I have a Google Pixel eight and a pixel Watch too, then unveiled the various versions of Pixel nine and the pixel Watch three. I'm always looking for either a material upgrade in the design or software, but I'm not looking for an incremental upgrade.
Speaker 6: And I got the feeling.
Speaker 2: Tell me if I'm wrong that it was more incremental than material for both the pixel Watch in the phone.
Speaker 3: Well, they have the next step in the processor.
Speaker 6: Oh they went to the tens or four three four.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so that's a big difference.
Speaker 5: And that's to accommodate the AI and Google plans to allow you to keep most of it on your phone versus sending it to the cloud.
Speaker 6: If we were to believe them.
Speaker 3: But yes, yeah, there's that.
Speaker 6: Because they would never deceive us.
Speaker 5: But you know, I love to measure the data as it's going in and out of my phone. You know, you can put that on a cap on the side and you can take a look and see what kind.
Speaker 3: Of and funny I don't understand the.
Speaker 5: Eight phones that I used while I was writing my book and put them down and come up the next morning and they were all drained their batteries.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Why I weren't using them.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: When we come back, I got some news about Microsoft. I think we should drizzle since they're not coming out with the Pixel nine and right away will drizzle some of the features all right along the way. But I got to tell you something. People are getting nervous about Windows ten.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, I have Windows eleven. People still use Windows ten.
Speaker 5: Windows ten is the most beloved operating system since Windows seven.
Speaker 3: Get out of here, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Learn something new.
Speaker 5: A lot of people like it, a lot of people are really unhappy about the best by date.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly. Marshall Callier joins me in studio. If I am six forty WeLive everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Camfi mo Kelly and Marshall Collier. Rest in peace, Greg Ken one of our favorites. Here uh great Ken with Great Ken Ben He will be missed. Marshall Callier joins me in the studio as we continue our talk about all things tech on this Thursday.
Speaker 6: What do you want to pick up?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to talk about Microsoft Windows.
Speaker 5: Okay, just in case you know, there are some people and there are some legendary editions of Windows.
Speaker 3: I think you were even talking that.
Speaker 5: Some government agency still uses Windows three point one point one on something. Yeah, it was Southwest Airlines, okay, Southwest Airlines. I was at a NASA facility. No, not sure if I'm supposed to be. And I walked by the mainframe and my husband will testify Windows two thousand.
Speaker 2: Now I understand Windows two thousand, Windows ninety eight, Windows ninety five, big picture. They're one of the more stable versions of Microsoft.
Speaker 6: But it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is these companies, they'll take a version and they will add their own spin to it.
Speaker 3: They'll write software and integrate it.
Speaker 5: And actually it's unrecognizable as it originally was. The Only thing you'll recognize is when you boot it up, you'll see the logo.
Speaker 3: So I cut slack here and there.
Speaker 5: Windows ninety eight was also one that people loved.
Speaker 3: Windows seven. Oh my god, people fought tooth and nail not to go to Windows eight. I mean that was.
Speaker 6: What about Vista. Well, this is kitties. I'm kidding, because that was a horror story.
Speaker 5: For me, there was nothing I enjoyed. Nothing I enjoyed. And you know, I'm not a big company.
Speaker 3: I'm a writer.
Speaker 5: I use all the office tools and things like that, but you know, I'm not doing equations, so I don't know. But Windows ten has become hugely popular and Microsoft announced that October twenty twenty five it will not receive updates anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh the horror.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had an old Windows laptop and it allowed me to update to Windows eleven free charge.
Speaker 6: I had to jump a few through a few hoops.
Speaker 2: In a tech logical sense, but I got it done. Can't most people do that? If your hardware will accommodate Windows eleven.
Speaker 5: Did you go to the website and do the check? Yes, and it said your computer will correct. Okay, as long as that is the case, yes, it's fine.
Speaker 2: And you're talking about the website which says do you have enough ram? You know it'll say canadaccommodate?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: It's called the PC health check app and it's at support dot Microsoft dot com if anybody wants to check.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: My favorite computer is at twenty seven inch HP all in one that I use once a week for podcasts. And I use it for bookkeeping and that's it, and it won't take Windows eleven and it just won't work.
Speaker 3: So what are we going to do?
Speaker 5: What are people going to do when they don't want to switch? Well, there was so much hue and cry from people who like Windows ten that Microsoft off to sides. They're going to do a subscription for security for businesses.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, everything's a subscription.
Speaker 5: Okay, so to get your security updates, because you know, there are two kinds of updates you get on everything. There's feature updates and there's security updates, and then there's OS updates. Okay, so they just won't be getting any updates at all. And really, the most important ones you're going to want on your computer or even a phone are security updates. So if you're a business, and I really really hope you registered your software in your own name instead of your business.
Speaker 6: Tell them why. I know where you're going with this, and tell them why.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, because it's going to be a whole lot more expensive if you're in a business. The pricing starts just for security updates at sixty one dollars for the first year. But wait, there's more more, double that for the second year to one hundred and twenty two dollars and double that for the third year for two hundred and forty four dollars For businesses, that's a lot of coin.
Speaker 3: That's love and you.
Speaker 6: Might as well just get a new computer.
Speaker 3: That point well, but that's the point. That's what they want to get to the AI.
Speaker 5: The new computers start thinking, which is why we were talking about the Pixel phone. I recommend everybody runs out because the price on the Pixel eight and the Pixel eight Pro is going to plummet. And that's a great phone and it's not infused with all the AI. I have the Pixel eight Pro. You have to ask it asks permission before it's going to use it. So if you can, I can highly recommend that phone. And if you want to wait until things balance out on the AI.
Speaker 2: And that's why I was asking, you know, all we're talking about these material grade updates or is it just incremental You mentioned the tensorship, but outside of that, we're talking more about AI than anything.
Speaker 6: It sounds like.
Speaker 5: Yes, because that's the buzzword. Come on, you've been in marketing. You got to have your buzzword, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and people want to feel like they have the latest and the best that's in air quotes and the latest right now, and the best is considered to be AI or at least that's where the industry's trending.
Speaker 5: I mean, I remember when I won't say which phone company wanted me to go downtown LA so I could test out the new five G because it was so cool.
Speaker 3: As I said, why do I have to go downtown?
Speaker 6: Kind of defeats the purpose of five G?
Speaker 5: Well, because that's where they have it set up. And I said, hey, folks who've heard this before, go find someone who's young, who's right young and stupid, yeah, stupid yeah, And they did.
Speaker 3: You know, she was very excited. You could see her blonde hair over the.
Speaker 2: God Marcia Collier said that I didn't say that. That was Marcia Collier.
Speaker 5: And my best girlfriend and as a bleach blonde, and she's one of the smartest people I know. But anyway, back to Windows eleven, they will have pricing for individuals who want to have the security updates, but I'm sure they're going to incrementally jump like they did there. And a funny thing that I read in Washington Post. I read their article about it, and one of the things they suggested. If you want to keep Windows ten is subscribed to a program like I do. My favorite and I've mentioned it before, malware bites Mala yep, because Windows Defender isn't going to defend anymore.
Speaker 6: Did it ever? Really, I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: Yes it did.
Speaker 2: It used to be crap, okay, okay, because I just remember a lot of stuff where it was like a sieve.
Speaker 5: But for about five years here it was doing well. You could actually drop like I won't because who knows if they'd ever be a sponsor. But a VA software that just became too big for its bridges. It infested your whole system. You couldn't get it off. Same thing with McAfee. Yeah, and McAfee was another one. Do you ever try and erase that from a computer?
Speaker 2: It's I can't say, you'll be inappropriate to say, but it's like herpees.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is like herpiece. Yeah, it just kept spreading. But yeah, they do that with these software. But malware bytes I find to be clean. And I knew the founder when he started the company, only because I was young and stupid and I got a virus on my computer and I called him and he was the guy that answered.
Speaker 3: He sat on the.
Speaker 5: Phone with me for two and a half hours and running me to all these websites with his advanced technology coding and stuff, and I learned and we got rid of the virus. But from that day, when I knew that the guy who started the company would spend that much time on the phone with me, I knew there was something different. And they're still doing better than ever. They have packages for three computers and they have one for phones too, So if you've got an older phone and you want to keep it even longer, you can put malware bytes, which detects trojans. It detects if you go to a website that's dangerous. These software are important.
Speaker 2: I love how you make it simple, digestible, relatable and understandable. Marshall Collier is always great to have you. And next week I'm quite sure we'll get more of the same.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, maybe a little different.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: See it soon, Mo.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: You know about that big super hacking, the latest in which got everybody's Social Security number in the world. I'm serious, it's about three billion people affected, and it happened back in April. We talked about it just a little bit last week with Marshall Collier, and there was this lawsuit, a class action lawsuit filed in federal court in Fort Lauderdale. It said the hacking group known as USDOD stole the records from National Public Data, which offers personal information to employers, private investigators, and others who do background checks.
Speaker 6: Let me put it in another way.
Speaker 2: If you've ever applied for a job and someone's run a background check on you, checked your social Security number, checked former employers, that information was made public. And how many times have I said just assume your information is out there. This is proof positive that your information is out there. I was saying that you might as well assume and act accordingly. This is just verifying what I've always said. And this hacking g USDOD reportedly tried to sell the data for three point five million. You just think sounds kind of low, but I guess they weren't trying to get greedy. But instead of being able to sell it, they've posted.
Speaker 6: It for free.
Speaker 2: On an online exchange for stolen personal data. So your social Security number, your personal information, which is probably in this trove of three billion people, was made available online for free. And I've long said the social security number is not the thing anymore. It's it's because it's more like your medical records, you that type of data, But your social Security number is out there some three billion records containing personal data from people living in the US, Canada and the UK. Several new sites have had access to the data and reported that it seems to be legit. National Public Data has not responded to to the numerous media requests for comment. But you may wonder, and there are different ways that you can find out whether your social Security number, whether your data, birth address, phone numbers, all that identifying information.
Speaker 6: You want to know that it's out there.
Speaker 2: Well, the people at cybersecurity firm pin Tester p E n t E s t e ER they've compiled a database and made it searchable in seconds, and they sell a nineteen dollars monthly service to clean up your online footprint of exposed usernames, passwords, addresses, in more. You can do that, and you can get mad when they you find out that your information is out there, or you can just listen to me right now and assume as such, and then act accordingly, and then make your next steps change your passwords. Obviously, you can't change your social Security number, but you can always limit to whom you give that information. Like I don't give out my social Security number. The only people who have my social Security number. Job can't get around that because I want to get paid. Doctor has that. That's how they connect the medical records. But other than that, I don't give out my social Security number, not for utilities, not for anything. And even still it's probably out there with this hack. Okay, if I wanted to know Mark Ronner's social Security number, I know where to get it.
Speaker 6: Now, you know, you don't have.
Speaker 7: To be familiar with the Stanley Milgram Authority figure experiments to know that you're constantly asked by people to identify yourself by your social Security number.
Speaker 6: Right, you can just say no, no.
Speaker 2: And I didn't learn that, I want to say into well into my adulthood. I wish I would have learned it earlier, but you know, I grew up in an age in which there wasn't an internet. You didn't get to learn a lot of these things, and we didn't know that the Internet was going to be so heavily dependent on social security numbers. Well, allow, I'll to say no not you never you yeah, just no. Yeah, if you're as not Elmore, you can say no for my phone company. I just did it today. I gave them my social.
Speaker 6: Oh you'll learn, you'll learn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can just say I'm not comfortable getting that information, especially not over the phone. And they always have backup ways of identifying you. They can ring you back, they can give you a number to call. It doesn't matter. You can always say no to that. But you Elmer, can never say no to us.
Speaker 2: If they have your social security number, the most they should they should ask for is the last four digits of your social Security number the most. And beyond that, I ask you know, is there something else that I can give to verify my identity? And you should know what type of information they have, be it street address or something like that. You're safe word, yeah, right. There's usually a password which is connected to it. To a lot of these accounts, there are any number of ways and a lot of places. When you first sign up for them, you can give them like your pet's name, the first kind of car you ever had, whatever. They do not need your social and it's a it's a lie that they keep telling because again there's value in that social Security number because they can sell that data, legally, sell that data to other agencies, credit bureaus, whatever.
Speaker 7: It's a little bit terrifying, and I honestly at this point don't know how much damage somebody can do to you if they have just your Social Security number. I never give it out unless I absolutely have to, but I guess we're all gonna find out now.
Speaker 2: Well, this goes back to also what Marshall carry was saying last week as far as credit freezing, so people cannot open up accounts in your name or get credit in your name. That's what I do. I just freeze it so you can't check my credit. You can't go have a lender see if I'm a good candidate for a loan, because my credit is frozen in that regard, and you can't if someone were to get my social Security number, they can't just open up a MasterCard account or a Visa account using my self security number.
Speaker 7: I have the impression that people have more credit and more accounts of things than they really need. So I try to pair mine down and I always do purchase ah, if I've been used something in a while, it's gone.
Speaker 6: And see, that's the lie that we've been told.
Speaker 2: We've been told that to get credit, you need to have credit, and if you have more credit, you are more appealing to creditors. Like if you should keep a certain amount of balance in your credit card accounts, you have to have a long history of credit.
Speaker 6: It's a bunch of bs.
Speaker 7: We have accepted so much grift in the United States just in our day to day lives.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you one secret.
Speaker 7: I use one credit card and I pay it off every single month. That's what I use for my expenses. And it helps your credit to do that.
Speaker 2: A men to that, and it's one of those lessons that I wish I would have adhered to in my twenties and thirties because there was a credit card I paid off recently that I've been paying off for thirty years and hadn't even used it. You know, it's just you pay off the minimum amount and it just takes forever because you're paying like a twenty nine percent interest rate APR.
Speaker 6: It's just a psychic weight that it's good to have off you. It feels great not to have credit card debt. Absolutely absolutely, So take that to heart. Elmer.
Speaker 2: You know, next time that you're asked for your Social Security number, I'm pretty damn sure they don't need it. Don't give it out willingly. You're not gonna get it now, all right? They him pay for it. Think of yourself as like a prostitute of sorts.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, where did that come from?
Speaker 6: It's Later with Moke Kelly. When we come back.
Speaker 2: We want to tell you about how Adam Sandler and Joe Rogan have reassessed the career of Will Smith post slap, and we'll play for you what they had to say about what has happened to Will Smith since then.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty From.
Speaker 2: The night that it happened, I have talked extensively about why I could not even believe that the Oscar slap happened. I couldn't believe that it wasn't handled in the moment. I couldn't believe that Will Smith was not arrested on the spot, that he could hang around and give his Oscar acceptance speech. But I said then that he would have to pay for it. For who knows how long. And yes, he's in a better place now than he was maybe six seven months ago. His name and brand are not as toxic as it was then. But it's fair to say Will Smith is not back to where he was. It should have been that night where he would be at the top of his career. The Oscar should have led to greater things, but instead it was obviously overshadowed by the slap of Chris Rock, and people, especially comedians, have been much harder on on Will Smith for obvious reasons, defending a brother in their professional community, Chris Rock, then other people in entertainment. Will Smith obviously has the Bad Boys movie, which has done well, and he's come out with some music. He's slid back into, generally speaking, good graces with Hollywood. Hasn't gone back to the oscars, but generally he's not suffering the same effects that he did maybe a.
Speaker 6: Year or two ago.
Speaker 2: But I came across this conversation between Adam Sandler and Joe Rogan on Joe Rogan's podcasts, and both of them are stand up comedians, come from the world of comedy, so they're going to look at it through the lens of a comedian and for the most part side with Chris Rock. But they were making the combined point that Will Smith ruined his career because of the slap. I'm not so sure I agree given what we've seen in recent months. But listen, despite all the cussing we had to bleep out, listen to what they had to say.
Speaker 4: I think that was like the best thing that happened to him, because then it became like wild again, like his standard was like outrageous, talk about like the.
Speaker 8: Rock of old that that night was like watching the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: He was just like what, it's a live event. Holy what. He was a badass, and I think he had.
Speaker 8: Some white on and you look cool if you're waiting for him to talk about it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he got to it.
Speaker 6: And he got excited.
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't talk about it for a while on the stage, like he would tell people, if you think I'm going.
Speaker 6: To talk about it, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wanted to be ready and he wanted to really think about what he.
Speaker 8: Was going to say, and how that's because of where we are in life, where anything you say is on the internet the next day, So next I gotta be careful and not blow it.
Speaker 4: Also, they would the bits. Yes, people would just tell the bits and it wasn't even ready yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, because if you have a life.
Speaker 4: Changing event like getting slapped at the Oscars in his most preposterous scenario. Yeah, the whole thing was preposterous. I think for him was also a wake up call like, hey, these moms don't really care about me.
Speaker 8: In that moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they didn't protect me.
Speaker 4: Nobody stopped it. He went back and sat down, and then he got an award afterwards and got a standing ovation.
Speaker 8: What is going on?
Speaker 6: He was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you want you always want to be that guy who's hosting the Oscars and who's starring in the big movies, and that's what everybody wanted. Everybody wanted to be the big movie star. But then you realize, like, well these people are you know, like what did you do?
Speaker 6: How did you set this up?
Speaker 4: How come nobody tackled him.
Speaker 1: At the point.
Speaker 6: Weird moment, Oh, it's weird.
Speaker 4: It was like a guy just showing his ass, Like you just pulled your pants down, showed the world your ass, Like why did you do that?
Speaker 3: He probably doesn't.
Speaker 4: He probably wakes up in the middle of the night going why did I do that?
Speaker 8: Whole thing sucks beyond it was almost like a guy who doesn't know how normal people act, thinking this is what you're supposed to, go smack that guy.
Speaker 7: It became just it just went to a place that he couldn't get out of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and started it.
Speaker 4: And still there he's still there in everybody's mind. When you see Will Smith, Oh he slapped Chris Rock, that's like, I mean, not I am legend, not Muhammad Ali, not insanely good movies. Yeah, that's an incredible actor. Absolutely, It's been in so many banger movies. He's a blockbuster movie star. And people see him they go, oh, you slapped Chris Rock.
Speaker 6: That sucks.
Speaker 8: Damn it terrible sucks many and uh yeah, it's it follows you around.
Speaker 6: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sucks. I think that's the takeaway from Adam Sandler I think of this. I don't think it ruined his career. I think it forever tarnished his legacy. And those are two different things. No, he'll never be able to separate himself from the slap because nothing like that has ever happened in Oscar history, especially on the night in which you're winning Best Actor. But clearly his career isn't over. It's so you can't say it ruined his career because a movie in theaters right now is gross more than three hundred million. I think worldwide, so aget ruined his career people Will I think people have largely forgiven him. I don't agree that he should be let off the hook, and if he were sitting in front of me, I would say the exact same thing to him because he committed assault on Chris Rock, whether Chris wanted to call the police or not. But I do think Chris received the short end of the stick as far as what happened at night, and how people have largely given Will Smith a free pass.
Speaker 6: What say you, Mark?
Speaker 7: I think if you do a Google search for Will Smith and net worth, you're going to find he's worth about three hundred and fifty million dollars. I think he's going to be okay no matter what happens, and there are certain things that used to be should be taboo in our society. I'm okay with him going away after that, but society said he didn't have to.
Speaker 2: And you know what, That's why I keep trying to remind people there's no such thing as canceled culture.
Speaker 7: Especially not for rich and powerful people. They can do more than you and I can do both, and they can get away with it scott free.
Speaker 2: So that means I'm neither rich nor powerful because I can't do any of that.
Speaker 7: No, No, if you or I were to walk into the air mix room and smack Elmer, we wouldn't get away with it like Will Smith did. We'd be wrestled to the ground, we'd be sued, we'd be sent to jail.
Speaker 6: None of that happened to Will Smith. That wasn't a joke, that was a fact. Yeah, that easy on that. There's no punchline, there a little hair trigger on there.
Speaker 7: I think we might have to go in there and take our chances after all and put it to a test.
Speaker 6: Seriously.
Speaker 2: Kf I AM six forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: An independent voice in a world full of retweeks.
Speaker 6: K f I M k ost.
Speaker 2: HG Twols, Orange County, Lock Everywhere on the radio.
Speaker 5: S