Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American, as the recovery continues on this Wednesday Afternoon, Red's Baseball.
Speaker 2: The Reds looking pregnable. They can't lose right now.
Speaker 1: The Giants when they went to San Francisco, the Giants said the best record in baseball. The Reds are taking him down almost every night. Today is going to be this afternoon. Pregame coverage starts about two forty five with me and Seg. Lots of stuff going on. Mount McClain's on the disabled list. About two years ago. He had a lat problem. Whatever a lat is. I thought it was like a reindeer somewhere in Estonia. And then after that he missed about five weeks of the season last year, was out completely. He's kind of like the Nick Sanzel. He was out completely because he had that shoulder problem. Now he's out with a hamstring problem. Who knows what's next, But until then we have to get Mount McLain back in.
Speaker 2: So much more.
Speaker 1: But Brian Hamrick, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Showing. Brian, have you ever had a circumstance in your repertorial career where you had a lat problem, a shoulder problem, a hamstring problem. He also broke a thumb, supposedly at UCLA, and you couldn't do your job, you couldn't report.
Speaker 3: Thanks again, mister Cunningham. I have had just about every injury that you can imagine, not all at once usually, but I've had injury on I knew a guy though, that the only guy I've ever seen in a full body cast. He was in the Green Beret with my dad. My dad was in Green Beret for thirty five years, and they jumped out of airplanes. My dad was a jump master, but this was a weekend, not with the military. This guy comes over my dad and he goes, hey, some of us are going to go skydive, and you want to go. My dad was building our house at the time, and they said I can't go tonight. Joe goes with some guys to shoot. It comes open, but it's wrapped up and it would not and it took wouldn't open fully. He goes barreling into a graveyard, hit break every bone in his body. They thought he was gonna die.
Speaker 4: My dad.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't let my dad up in there. My dad goes to the hospital, He takes a he takes a doctor's jacket. He finds one, puts it on, grabs a clipboard, and walks.
Speaker 4: Into his buddy room, who he believes is dying.
Speaker 3: Because he's like, they're not going to keep me out of here. He goes in because I'm here to see mister Deames.
Speaker 4: They all lady man. He goes in and sees.
Speaker 3: Him go ends up pulling through within a full body cast and live to jump again.
Speaker 4: So yeah, talk about injury.
Speaker 1: I think Matt mckinne, we need to get him in bubble wrap or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's only twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: He cast geeze.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they're winning without him and they're losing with him. So we'll see what happens. Let's talk about where we are with the flood, then that terrible wreck I think in Boone County. But first of all, talk about the flood. You're traveling thither and fro. I know Tony Benner's out there, He's always checking to see where the flooding is.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: So we sit here this Wednesday afternoon. What's happening on Riverside Drive, what's happening in New Richmond, what's happening Indiana? What's happening in Boone County. Give me a full report.
Speaker 3: Well, the Ohio River is dropping, and you can see it's a noticeable drop, but it is still very high. I just left Riverside Drive. It is still covering all of Riverside Drive over there. Although it was clear up in that little park that's there. It is kind of it's made its way out of the park, but it is still covering Riverside Drive.
Speaker 4: So it's down.
Speaker 3: We could see from Newport we saw today, took a look at the banks. When you go down there, you're going to see a lot of water still there, although it is down some. But there's a lot of things going on in places that are hit hard. Where you know, downtown it's it's mostly parks and that sort of thing. But you know, out in New Richmond, for example, there were seventy eight homes that were surrounded with water out there. Homes and businesses still covered Front Street. So they started handing out supplies and yesterday afternoon they got in some supplies to help people clean up.
Speaker 4: We're churches there.
Speaker 3: There's still a lot of places have electricity cut off. I think there were sixty two places they had electricity cut off. They will probably as the water begins to receive, start putting that back on in the next couple of days. But we still have several days even though the water is starting to receive, before people can even get back into their homes. And then that's just when the cleanup can begin, and you know, it takes sometimes weeks get this mess cleaned up.
Speaker 1: It's a you know, we're known as river City for a reason and river City showing, and of course I love New Richmond to find lions out there. And later on, maybe today you call it with a report on that, but I don't know where you go. It's the way things are, and because of the locks and the dams, things are much better now than they were before. One thing that's captivated at the tri State is what happened in Boone County with Deputy say, a sixty six year old driver of an SUV took that turn from Beaver Road to Highway forty two right into the path of a dump truck loaded with gravel. Tell the American people what happened there. You've been there. It's a terrible scene. Two people are dead. Give me a full report on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So this is a really dangerous intersection down there.
Speaker 4: I've crossed that.
Speaker 3: Thing hundreds of times both ways. Forty two out there. Forty two turns into two lane, and so it's two lane. And this intersection with where if you go to Big Bone State Park down there, it's right there where you make that turn to go down into Big Boat. Well, it's right at the.
Speaker 4: Bottom of a hill.
Speaker 3: And then both ways it's sort of a down in the valley. So both ways you've got vehicles that are moving, usually at a.
Speaker 4: Pretty high rate of speed.
Speaker 3: And if you've got a car one seventy miles an hour, which is not unusual, and another one going seventy five, you've got you know, basically what one hundred and fifty mile an hour cars passing each other. And I would say that happens at least all day every day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And so what happened is this woman starts to turn out. Sounds like he was going on to forty two, and here comes a dump truck. And there's a lot of these big trucks out there, A big dump truck full of gravel. There's gravel pits or sand pits out in that direction. And if he's coming down that hill, even if he was going fifty miles an hour and this person pulls out, there is no way to get that vehicle stopped.
Speaker 4: It's on a.
Speaker 3: Downhill slide and there is no way. And there was some video that was posted of it. And it is just a powerful impact of this thing, you know, and unsurprising. I have covered multiple fatal accidents out there of the years, and it is a very dangerous intersection.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I talked to Jesse Brewer this morning. I think maybe he was slooney or earlier. Today he's saying that, you know, these roads in Boone County need to be addressed. There's actually a meeting coming up the twenty second. He's called the governor, the Secretary of Transportation. He wants them to come. He says, what happened is all these roads, and this is typical, were put in back at a time when the population was about half what it is now, and so you've got a huge number of people going places faster than they ever have and you got roads that were not designed for that. And so this is a situation and one of the places that needs to be taken care of and needs to be addressed in the future. So we'll see how that works out. But it's been a problem for a wa time.
Speaker 1: Well, in Cincinnati they do it by potholes and by speed bumps. They don't fix the potholes that slows everyone down. Speed Bumps are everywhere, especially on Madison Road. They're everywhere. And Boone County was not configured to hold what's happening on these roads. And Tony Benner loves living in Boone County. He loves going to the Boondocks Pub and grub. That's where he likes to leave. He loves to go to Big Bone Park and sit on a picnic table and have a beer. And that's just part of the deal. But somehow there must be a major, incredibly large highway project that takes care of the roads and so called rural communities that were not configured. And you can't have a dump truck filled with gravel. That thing must have weighed twenty thousand pounds. It would take a football fielder longer to stop. Woman pulls out in two of the driver relatives in the car who I want to mention their names. Ninety one year old Eva Mulberry. Eighty nine year old Betty Hilliard died. I would imagine at the scene and then these vehicles found themselves inside the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Explain that, well, I think once that caught that that massive truck had all that weight, all that inertia moving forward, it.
Speaker 3: Just scoops them up like a snowplow and just pushes them, you know, ahead. So fortunately nobody in the restaurant. I have been in that Boondog's restaurant a number of times, and and sometimes it is packed.
Speaker 4: That time of day on a weeknight, it was not.
Speaker 3: If it would have gone in there when there were people in there, you would have had multiple casualties inside that restaurant as well.
Speaker 4: So U it's just very fortunate that.
Speaker 3: You know, there was nobody sitting where that you know, those vehicles came inside the restaurant because it just went all the way through the side of that you know wall that was facing forty two.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess charges must be filed against someone. I guess the only one dead or the are the women in the in the es They were in the suv correct when it pulled.
Speaker 4: Out, I believe so. And I didn't get a chance to see, how know, if.
Speaker 3: They sighted the woman for getting out, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, the the truck driver would have had to ride away. It's not a it's not a four way off there, you know.
Speaker 3: So you know, whether somebody gets sighted or not, I'm not sure, but it's it's just I mean, you would have to get out and then gun it to get out of the way, you know, And I'm just maybe they just didn't see the vehicle or how it happened. But like I said, I can tell you this. I get out that way. The roads are vson out that way on the bikes, and people seem to be pretty amenable out there. They see you, they're used to, you know, having bikes out in that area. You go out toward Rabbit Hash out there, and you know, the roads are great and like I said, people some people seem to get along pretty good out there. But when you cross that road right there, man, it is it is difficult. And we make that crossing pretty frequently. So you've got to really be aware and not only look, but listen for the vehicles when you get there, and you know somebody's talking or not paying attention or just not as aware, maybe looked up and didn't see it. On a gray day with a truck that's buried in the trees up there, you know, just may not have seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see what comes of that now.
Speaker 1: Thirdly, yesterday I had on the great Rob Broun of Channel twelve talking about the reason he got out of the business was it changed fundamentally. And I know we're changing fundamentally here in radio because we bought all of our competitors. We have more listeners now than we've ever had. And that's good and bad in the sense because we've created the monster that we have to respond to what listeners and your case viewers want. You have more institutional memory than anyone between you and John London, Karen Johnson about the best there is. And he talked about he got out because the changes were such he just didn't want to continue. And just reminisce about the institutional memory that you have and the personality that you have that cannot be replaced. And I think Bob Bron and Rob Bron and what he did for you know, thirty almost forty years cannot be replaced. What do you see on the on the ground as you travel the highways and byways. No one has more institutional memory or more of a personality than Brian Hamry. As far as reporting the news, do you see your job going away like so many others or not?
Speaker 3: You know, I've tried to look into the crystal ball into the future. I'm not sure, you know, as long as people want to know what is happening in their in their neighborhoods, and you know, you can only be covered so well with social media. They get there's a lot of people put things on social media. It will be difficult for social media to replace, you know, like television news. But we've also got you know, people talk about, you know.
Speaker 4: Well maybe that's going to go away, but.
Speaker 3: We've also they said that about radio, but he said, you got more listeners than you've ever had. I don't see it going away, but it may change, uh. I mean, you know, we also have the whole digital side. I just got done shooting a little piece for digital with before and after shots of you know, the water and where it is, you know, so we'll do things like that. The pace has ramped up, you know.
Speaker 4: When I started back.
Speaker 3: In you know, like nineteen eighty seven, we had one newscast and it was six o'clock and almost no live shots, you know, and so it went from that and then suddenly we had expanded morning shows and then we got a four. Let's see, we went to five, five thirty and six first, and then you know, recently we went to four, four thirty, five, five thirty six.
Speaker 5: Three o'clock, got two o'clock, gotten at eleven.
Speaker 3: We've got expanded morning shows, we got the noon and so trying to keep that up. And you know, there there have been a lot of talk about, well, these ratings are drop up their half or what they were, but we got so many more shows. People are just able to tune in when they want. So, you know, I'm not sure. I've never looked at how it looks, but I do know this.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 3: The head of Hurst came and spoke to us here a couple of years ago. At the station Hurst ownership. They owned more than thirty TV stations around the country, and and Hurst is I think pretty well known. I don't think i'd be exaggerating to say it is the best ownership, you know, as far as your large ownerships go. I really think there are a lot of people believe it's probably the the best for working conditions among the TV news reporters in local markets and he said. One of the things that they notice that when people come by and they start talking about a cable and satellite and all these things, one of the three things right up there with like they want their esp and sports.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Top three in every single market and every single request is local news. There is a demand for it. Peop will expect to see it so uh. But it has changed. Its changed unbelievably over the years. And people will always ask me, you know, they say, well, do you still enjoy doing I enjoy doing it. It's great, say sometimes though it's too much of a good thing, you know, It's just just there's just a lot of it. And and I got a certain way I like to tell a story. I like to write it in a way that's a little different. I like to try and to me, TV news is still telling people's stories. It's it's not so much about the facts and the figures. If those don't line up on anything. It's like the water rises in the woods. Who cares a tornado hits out in the wilderness, and a knockdown big tree.
Speaker 4: It doesn't affect anybody.
Speaker 3: It's only when these events affect people. And that's what you know. If you see my story, you'll see, you know, somebody else.
Speaker 4: Or the newspaper will have way.
Speaker 3: More fact than figures. But what I try and bring, and what I believe TV does the best, is bring the emotion and.
Speaker 4: The people and all that.
Speaker 3: When I was getting my masters at the University of Oklahoma, it was almost all newspaper people in there with me, and they were always, you know, kind of giving TV.
Speaker 4: A hard time.
Speaker 3: We can put more information on the front half of the newspaper, then you can put in the entire newscast there. And I sat and listened to them for about two weeks. I didn't know anybody, and finally I sat up. I said, yeah, let me just tell you something. I said, what you do is very important and what we do is important, but it's two different things. And I said, let me just give you an example. You have had since time began, since the written word began to tell people about war and the horrors of war. But and you did over the years, but there was still this attitude, We're gonna go for the glory and run. Not until the TV cameras went in during Vietnam and showed people what war was really like, did they understand.
Speaker 4: What what actually happened in war.
Speaker 3: And I said, you had your cans and you.
Speaker 4: Blew it and you didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I said, until we got there you could see these guys. I remember vivid images of soldiers who had been hit like with Foxphorus, and they're laying on tables, shaking uncontrollably as the doctors are working on them. And these guys in the bushes and the you know, the being hit and being treated in the jungle, and it's I mean, you're like nobody, nobody wants there's no glory in that. You know, it is this is this is a you know, it is a tragedy to see people injured and killed, in young people dying this way. It brought a whole new perspective on what war really was.
Speaker 4: And that's the.
Speaker 3: Difference between I think newspaper and TELL. I never had the argument with them again.
Speaker 4: They never brought it.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian Hamrick, you're the best that you have institutional memory, you have the personality and I often say the tough times don't last, but tough men and women do. Keep doing what you're doing. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. As long as people want to communicate, will be in great shape. Got to run up against the clock. Brian Hamrick of the Power five, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Brian, Thanks again, mister Cunningham.
Speaker 1: And God bless America. I love that sign off always. Reds Baseball kicks off about two forty five today, it's your home of the Reds. They're unbelievable. They win, win, and win some more on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, David Keaton hit the music.
Speaker 1: The Reds are on a bit of a roll right now. In fact, the Giants have lost a total of three games this year, and all three are at the hands of the Reds, and they're not scoring at all. But the pitching staff is among the best in baseball and help is on the way. But help is not needed with the pitching staff. Help is needed when it comes to hitting the baseball. Historically, the Reds could always hit. They couldn't pitch. Now they're pitching and it can't hit. But when you win one to nothing, two to nothing, that's not bad. We'll see what happens today. Our coverage begins about two forty five. The Reds a bit of a roll. They sweep the Giants back home for the Pirates. See what happens this weekend, take a little time off on Thursday. Get it together. Mount mclan's got to get healthy. He's becoming like the Nick Sanzel of the Reds and the Kids. Twenty five years old. You should be in your prime when it comes to health. Would you agree when you were twenty five years old, how much time did you take off for a latch strain or a bad shoulder or a bad hamstring? At UCLA had a thumb problem or a finger problem. And I don't know what to say. And maybe it's just one of those things that he is injury prone and nothing we can do to help. And that's the case. The Reds have to readjust and see what happens. In fact, the first time he was able to come up from the miners, he might recall the last five weeks of the season and they were making a bit of a run with Mount McClain looking good. He got hurt for the first time, some sort of light injury. So he missed the last five weeks of the season. In twenty three, then twenty four didn't play a game, and twenty five he's played less than half the games, and they've played about eleven or twelve games, so in those did some easy deer park math. Since up for the miners, McLain has should have played in about two hundred to Reds baseball games. He's played in about seven of the two hundred, and by the way, Dela Cruz is in a terrible slump, something like three for the last twenty one. So so much for the torpedo bat but the pitching staff is really unbelievable. We'll see what happens today, then on the weekend. Good stuff going on. Secondly, do we have the ability as Americans to play the long game with the tariffs? Is it possible that we have patients to accept things that should be done, But it's going to take quite a bit of time. And my answer to that question generally is not. The goal of the Trumpster is to restore an industrial base in revolutionary ways, mainly in the middle class, mainly in the middle part of the country. In the last fifteen years has been something like ninety thousand US factories have closed ninety thousand, and the manufacturing base in this country accounts for just ten percent of GDP, half of what it was under Ronald Reagan. So we got a problem. We've got a major problem. Hijauping. By the way, the leader of communists Red China, I don't think he's going to face the midterms. He doesn't worry about PBS or v XU or George Stephanopolis, doesn't care about that at all, doesn't care what Lester Holtz says or what CNN the guess they put on. They play the long game. In fact, the communist Red Chinese, like wing Hamas Killers say, you know what, if it takes a thousand years, We're okay with that. Takes some time. In America, that's not the way things are. We demand immediate gratification, immediate results, and if the results don't come, then we're going to hold someone accountable. And all what's happening now On the left wing media ABC, NBCCBSPBS, VXU, GUC throwing, the New York Times, Washington Post, they run crazy stories constantly about how bad a job Donald Trump is doing, despite the fact, according to Harry Entton of CNN that if the election were held today, Donald Trump would be Kamala Harris fifty two to thirty eight. So more and more and more Americans don't rely upon the mainstream media for information. They rely upon talk radio and podcast and their own common sense.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is.
Speaker 1: So going back a little bit in time, after World War Two, we said to the Europeans, they can export all their products to America, freebee, no terriff. We wanted to have the European economy, which was destroyed for about five or ten years after nineteen forty five, to get on his feet, so we kept encouraging them, please do things, sell your products in America. And over the past several decades, those issues have metastasized right now to such an extent that German cars flood the US marketplace, but American cars cannot be sold in Europe.
Speaker 2: Same thing with China.
Speaker 1: The Chinese products can be sold in America, but our products cannot be sold in China. And to protect the whole thing, the United States said, you know, we're going to build the most massive, greatest blue water Navy to defend international waterways and permanently deploy around the globe one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, half a million American soldiers. So right now we have seven hundred and fifty military bases in one hundred different countries, and we spend more in defense than rest the next ten nations put together to protect trade and protect what we're doing. So in the nineteen nineties, we might recall the Clinton eastas seized power along with Monica Lewinsky, and there are all kinds of trade concessions were made to extend to communist China, which was in trouble. You might recall. The guy's name was Xizhao Ping, might recall him. And China had a terrible problem. Most Chinese did not have running water, did not have toilet systems, they had nothing. They were living medieval and so the thought was, well, that's a hell of a market for American products, right, So in the nineteen nineties and then in the early two thousands, we said, you know what, We're going to upgrade completely the Chinese economic system because that's a great market. And American manufacturers said, hell, yeah, man, that's a great market.
Speaker 2: This is thirty twenty, thirty, thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: We have seven hundred million Chinese who want to be in the middle class. They want to wear clothes, they want to have flush toilets, they want electricity, they want functional universities, let's help the Chinese come into the twenty first century and beyond That was the article of faith not just from the Clinton Eastas but also from George Bush forty three.
Speaker 2: We got to build up the Chinese.
Speaker 1: We've got to make the middle class large, and our company is going to grossly benefit. And the same thing with Mexico and China, Mexico and Canada. All right, you might recall and I want one back to YouTube and check this out. And Ross pro said during the nineteen ninety two presidential election, the minute NAFTA went into effect, there was a giant sucking sound of factories moving out of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana because the doors are wide open. Go to China, go to Malaysia, go to South Korea, go to Japan, go to Vietnam, go to Cambodia. And multinationals said, yes, we can make all these products over there. We're doing good. We're building up to Chinese middle class. It is wonderful. Now, look what's happened. The Chinese middle class is allegedly about six hundred million strong, six hundred million who want to buy these nice things. And by the way, if you're a Chinese middle class type Americans. If you stay out of politics, if you don't worry about posting things against the Communist Party, and if you're not religious, if you're not a Catholic, not a Christian, you're in pretty good shape. In fact, Thomas Friedman, I listened about half the things he says in The New York Times said, living in China, one doesn't worry about crime, one does not worry about growing old.
Speaker 2: There's no Chinese putting their parents or grandparents in nursing homes or in retirement centers. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: The family cares for the family, and normally the father and the family sets up most of the stuff going on. And it's a great way to live in In fact, Thomas Friedman says, their airports and their public spaces are the envy of the world in America. Try going into most major cities, including small towns like Lachland, Ohio, between Wyoming and writing right here in Emlinald County, drive through it. It looks like a third world country that would not be put up with whatsoever in China. And so Thomas Friedman makes the point that the future is going to be Chinese because they have so called a benevolent dictator. As long as you don't raise your head and talk about politics, which Americans love to do, you're in pretty good shape. And so now we're left. For the last fifteen to twenty years, we said, now, wait a minute. We've built up Europe after World War Two, after the Nazis were dispersed. We've built up Japan that was obliterated in nineteen forty five through nineteen fifty five MacArthur, etc. We now have created a large middle class in China because of NAFTA, in which American products have said, you know what, we can sell them in China. We've got a brand new market. And all of a sudden, now it comes to twenty twenty five, a new sheriff in town, and this president has said, now, wait a minute. We've built up the world to their benefit. What are we receiving in return? And the answer is from China and from Europe, zero zilch nada. As our soldiers and our navy and our airmen continue to protect her Europe who don't pay their fair share, and that we're paying the bills and we're not getting the benefits. Does anyone smell when I'm cooking. Here a little economic history lesson. I had a great economic teacher at Deer Park High School named Roy Dixon. That guy was fabulous. I still remember him. And a guy et Xavier named doctor Joseph Link. I still remember him, and doctor Edward Bergerman. I remember him. And so the rules of the nineteen forties, sixties, nineteen eighties, twenty years ago don't apply anymore. The world's going to be this century a Chinese dominated world unless we get the trade correct, in which we will trade with you, but in response, you have to allow our products into your country. And at this point do we have the guts and the guile and the determination to take our time and get that done. Sadly, my answer will be no. Every time the market wobbles, it's the lead story. If it bleeds, it leads in the media. And they're very willing to attack Donald Trump for tariffs. Whi's the Democratic Party itself embraced for decades. I played for you previously off YouTube a lot of the cuts of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer talking about how tariffs are required for the working stiffs who live in middle of America. Well, that's people like you and me middle of America. But now if they can use this, may I say ignorance of the mainstream media and their political diet tribes who advance their own cause, They're going to do it as evidence of that. George Stephanopolis, who is of course the voice in the face of ABC News, did a little bit of work with Joe Biden. And normally you would anticipate the media would be on the side of independence, objectivity and partiality. Really ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR independent objective, not exactly. So he did an interview might you might recall in July first of last year with the President Joe Biden, and the idea was by the Bidens to demonstrate how good, how functioning, what a great job that Joe Biden is doing. In fact, it is obvious that Joe Biden should stand for another four years. So George Stephanopolis did an interview. And normally, if you're a real journalist, you want to get the facts objectively determined whether this guy is actually competent enough to serve four more years, much less in office for the last at that point three and a half years.
Speaker 2: Could he do it?
Speaker 1: And these books coming out, these tell all books, one is called Uncharted. George Stefanopolis is described how President Joe Biden was incoherent before the interview, during the interview, and after the interview. He said at court it was heartbreaking up close during a crucial post debate interview that was in the book. You might recall he debated Donald Trump in June, so he thought, okay, that was pretty bad. Debated him on June twenty seventh, and then a few days later I said, let's get him with somebody we can rely upon not to ask tough questions. I wonder what Walter Cronkite would.
Speaker 2: Say about that.
Speaker 1: So you go to your clintonist, George Stephanopolis, and in the new book by Chris Whipple titled Uncharted, How Trump beat Biden, Harrison the Odds and the Wildest campaign in History, that the Democratic operatives said to George Stefanopolis, okay, we have to upgrade. It was a disaster what happened in June with that debate. We need some help from you, and George dead I'll step up. The interview was on July the fifth, and Whipple described Biden, according to the book, quoting from George Stefanoppolis, that the President was horse and semhai incoherent throughout the interview, and a question whether or not he could understand or hear the questions that were being asked and the answers were non compliant with common sense and reason. And George Stephanopplis, you might recall, a few days later, was asked by an On Street reporter whether or not he thought that Joe Biden should continue to serve as a as a as a candidate, and Stephanoppolis said, quote, I don't think you can serve four more years. And so when our objective, independent, supposedly fair quote media protected by the First Amendment, the only business in the world in America protected by the First Amendment is the news media gathering business. When they're in the tank, they're in the bag for liberal Democrats, and you can't rely upon the mainstream media to give you objective, independent facts upon which you can cast an informed ballot. Garbage in, garbage out, my god, away in trouble. So, instead of asking Joe Biden questions about who's your secretary of Defense, who is your secretary of State, who's your White House counsel, can you describe the interactions of the American military forces in I Rock with the Syrian Liberation Front. Questions that a typical president would say, you know, my secretary of Defense is Lloyd Austin, my secretary of State, just rattle them off. Presidents know answer to these questions, right, But Joe Biden did not know the answers of these questions. At cabinet meetings. You would have his wife and son literally conduct cabinet meetings. And while this is going on, he's not a candidate. Joe Biden was the president making important life and death decisions all over the world, appointing federal judges, federal bureaucrats, signing with an auto pen, supposedly all these orders and commutations and bardens. But here is a perfect example. And by the mainstream media looks to prop up the Democrats and hurt the Republicans.
Speaker 2: That's the way the game is played.
Speaker 1: And it's sad because we can't rely upon the mainstream media for objective information. So on this front, do we have the guts and guile and patience to accept what has to happen to bring China into tow with the rest of the civilized world. The answers, I don't think we do. And the idea was is to build up middle class and have economic trading partners. But the Chinese put up these high barriers. Our products can't go in, and we have low barriers. Their products flood into America, taken American jobs, and once they crash an economy, whether it's steel making or energy, whatever it might be, they then jack up the price and put us out of business. And so this is the last gasp of this wonderful American democratic experiment and self governance. Whether the people who believe in democracy and democratically elected Donald Trump by wide margins knowing what was coming, to stay the course and ji Jiu Ping does not have to face I think a midterm election, doesn't have to worry about the George Stephanopoliss of Beijing doesn't have to worry about campus protests, doesn't have to worry about the stock market in China. If it takes a thousand years, he has said, we will bring America to heal, and we finally have a president is saying not on my watch, not on my watch, that will not happen. And when we stay the course, my answer generally will be I haven't seen it yet. I hope it happens. I have a sense that the mainstream media has less power now than has head at least in the last seventy or eighty years. And Brian Hambrick addressed some of that concerns just before. I stay tuned for more coming up next to Steve Gorm about how the terror fight is killing the green energy which might be a good thing. Plus later on your comments at five Pine three, seven four nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunning into Great America with your day. Well you stay the course on news Radio seven hundred WW Bill Cunning in the Great American of course, the markets with the fluctuations are unbelievable. Up down, thousand points here, two thousand points there. And it's going to be a belly match between Jijao Ping on one hand, maybe the Big Show on one hand, and then the Andra Andre the Giant on the other. You got ping Ge against Trump. Someone's got a back down. No one's going to back down. If they back down, what does it all mean? Joining you and I now. Steve Gorm he's the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America, author of four books on energy, including The Great One, which is out available from any to see the green breakdown, the coming renewable energy failure. Steve gorm and, first of all, Steve, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Steve, a lot of people would like to know with the green energy breakdown happening. I see windmills falling apart in New England. I see coal miners are happy in West Virginia. I see pipelines being now authorized. But one issue that has come to mind is all these tariff the tariff war is going on. You have said that these tariffs specifically will hammer green energy. Can you explain that to the American people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really amazing what's going on now.
Speaker 2: Not only we've.
Speaker 6: Talked about before the Trump executive orders that want to cut down green energy for this country. We also talked about Trump suspending all of the offshore wind leases for the offshore wind which affects ten states and affects California, Oregon on the west coast, ten states on the East coast. But now we have this tremendous tariff war going on, and this is really a big issue with green energy. And depending on when folks are listening to this, the United States has raised the tariffs on Chinese imports to over hundred percent, and China has just boosted the retaliatory tariffs up to eighty four percent on US goods that are sold in China. So we have a tremendous war going on between the US and China. And there are some other angles to this as well. First off, a lot of this affects green energy, and that's because we import a lot of green energy components from China. China produces over eighty percent of the solar panels that come into the US, or they produce components, and China has been offshoring some of this to Vietnam and other places. But Trump's tariffs are also on Vietnam, and so we have sol ourselves. We have components for batteries that go into electric vehicles. China refines about sixty percent of the world's lithium, eighty percent of the cobalt, ninety percent of the manganese, and the east go into electric vehicle batteries, and also the batteries that are going the grid scale batteries that California and New York and some other states want to put into place as well. So it's just a tremendous impact. We also have these tariffs affecting Europe, and many many of the wind turbines that are that want to go off the East Coast are coming from a European suppliers and those are going to be hit with twenty percent or so. So really a tremendous impact on renewables. Whereas you know, we can remain the biggest producer of natural gas, of petroleum, of one of the biggest producers of coal in the world. These things are are US produced, and so the price difference between hydrocarbons and renewables is going to get very, very big.
Speaker 1: And Steve Garma, I live in the Midwest, and whether it's Ohio or Indiana, because we were largely flat because of the ice at the Ice Age about fourteen thousand years ago. It scraped the land flat. So Indian, Ohio, many parts of Michigan have these huge wind turbines, and these things when they break down without a large battery storage system, these things don't work at all when the wind doesn't blow. The energy must be stored. One of the things that's always perplexed me off the East Coast is out the environmentalists always cried about the whales and the dolphins are being affected because of pollution, and all of us are against pollution, not too many of us are in favor of a green energy future because of the expenses. Can you explain why the environmentalist off New England suddenly find wind turbines which are gigantic. These things are not like a windmill. These things are unbelievable in size that have killed literally millions of marine animals over the past ten years. And now they're breaking down and there's no parts available, and the parts have become available are too expensive. China has us in a bad position when you talk about lithium and cobalt. Why don't the environmentalist care so much about whales and dolphins killed by their green energy future.
Speaker 2: They don't seem to care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the environmental groups have sold their sold their souls to the superstiti.
Speaker 2: Of men made global warming.
Speaker 6: You're right back then in nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties, nineteen seventies, it was saved the whales. It was you know, let's talk about the oceans and the environment and real pollution. But the theory of climatism, or the ideology of climatism, has really become front and center for every environmental group, and now they're even willing to trade off birds and eagles that are chopped up by wind turbans, impact on whales off the coast, those things are now now secondary to global warming. It's very, very unfortunate, and I think that's one of the reasons why mister Trump doesn't like wind turbins. Yeah, and why he sees put a block on the licenses off the East coast. But we're just going to see this industry really really hammered.
Speaker 2: And it's not.
Speaker 6: Only the tariffs, but Trump administration has been cutting a US climate policy throughout his organization. He's basically told NASA that you're going to concentrate on space. Isn't that refreshing? Yes, because NASA was doing a lot of climate stuff. Noah is reducing headcount. They have about thirteen thousand personnel, they're cutting about two thousand, and a lot of those are tied to climate things. The EPA under Lee's Elden is cutting a lot of staff also tied to climate, and the Federal Energy Management Agency is cutting staff that have been doing work on climate change. So just tremendous top to bottom shifts in the administration.
Speaker 1: Well, we have Donald Trump wanting to save the whales and the Democrats want to kill them. Now another issue is pete Hegseth. You have a great colleg posted Steve Gorham about the new Secretary Department of Defense, and I saved the clip. I'm gonna play it later about Lloyd Austin sitting there and General Mark Milly. They're sitting there about two years ago, and one of the Republican Senators said Secretary Defense Lloyd Austin, who by the way, was a lobbyist for Raytheon.
Speaker 2: But that's a different issue.
Speaker 1: What are the two or three biggest issues facing the American military? So I would thought, you know, the biggest issues are like China about space, about the incapability we have of producing our own batteries to fuel, maybe the electrical grid. No, No, the biggest number one issue was white supremacy in the military, and the number two issue was climate change identification then mitigation. We have like seven hundred military bases in one hundred different countries, and so the Secretary Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chief said, we go into a military base, identify how we're inflicting ourselves upon the environment, and by doing so, we come up with a mitigation plan. So American military base, which is there to guard the natives, shall we say, whether in Europe or Asia or Africa from being invaded or whatever. The biggest thing is not the well being of the soldiers, but we have to identify climate change, and then we have to mitigate and spend billions of dollars making sure that our military bases are conversant with the demands of Greta Thunberg. Can you explain to me how that's possible for the American military.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely crazy. And this has been growing for a number of years now. Last month, the new Secretary of the Defense Department of Defense, Pete Hagsath, wrote that the Department of Defense does not do climate change crap. We do training and war fighting and so again a tremendous change. But this has been growing back since about since the Obama administration, about twenty ten. The Secretary of the Navy at that time, let's see Ray ABIs He made a statement in twenty eleven that said, no later than twenty twenty, at least half of the energy that the Navy uses both the float and the shore would come from non fossil fuel sources, and he called this the Great Green Fleet Initiative, And so the Navy spent literally almost one hundred billion dollars over a decade trying to They tried to do hybrid electric drive green destroyers, but then they found that they couldn't keep up with the carriers when they were running on those electric engines. And they tried to convert everything to biofuels, but the biofuel portion of the fuel cost fourteen dollars a gallon, about seven times as much as a diesel portion, and so it was a terrific failure. And by twenty twenty U twenty twenty two, if you exclude the nuclear carriers, less than one percent of the rest of the fuel came from biofuels, despite spending all these these billions. And then you know, but under the Biden administration, they were doubling down. If you look at a climate report, there was a Climate Action two thirty plan from the Navy, and it was lauding things like these projects. They had one called the Mekong Delta Climate Research collaboration with the government of Vietnam, and then they had another one on California organic recycling and composting. This is the Navy, Navy, and so you got to say, well, how does this help navy readiness? You know, it's just lay. And not only the Navy. The Air Force wanted to do a sustainable aviation fuel and spend money on that for jets, and the Army, in a report called Army Climate Strategy Plan of twenty twenty two, called for taking all of the battlefield vehicles and making them electric, even the tanks.
Speaker 1: And you say an electric tank? Electric tank? Are you kidding me? An electric tank?
Speaker 6: And not only that, they were developing battlefield chargers that they would carry out there and try and charge these these takes now sitting at the battlefield were charging. I mean, it's just crazy. But Haigsteth is getting rid of all this stuff and just another huge change to to get rid of this climate ethic that has in play inflated all of our government.
Speaker 1: Now you have some of great stats. EV share was at eight percent and twenty twenty three up slightly from I'm sorry twenty twenty four, EV sales fell nine percent. Without incentivizing and paying Americans through tax credits to buy the evs. How much better would we have been if we had gone to hybrids, which creates its own energy because of the rolling of the tires, and Toyota has bet on hybrids and hydrogen instead of this dream of a of a of a fossil fuel energy future. How much better off would we have been with hybrids. In fact, some Toyotas are on their mark with this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hybrids are growing, they're actually doing better than pure plug in evs. But the problem is, you know, the United States and Europe they were offering incentives, but only for pure plug in electric vehicles that seventy five hundred dollars text credit. Europe was doing the same thing. And if you had a if you had a combustion engine in your car that burned gasoline, even if there's a hybrid, it's bad, bad news.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: So again, the climate ideology was taking people away from what makes some sense. Just just another bad set of policies.
Speaker 1: And lastly, I've heard you often say, Steve gorm that the evs are worse for the environment than regular gasoline powered cars. Can you tell the American people why if you buy an EV bribed by the government to do it, that is a worse ecological decision than a gasoline powered car.
Speaker 6: Well in other ways. You know, the government's been focused on getting rid of carbon dioxide emissions, and that really doesn't hurt the environment. That's what's crazy. And EV is to produce a little bit less of that. But as you say they're producing, you need all these metals that are mined and developing nations the ore, and then it goes to China for processing. So if we switch all our cars to evs, then we're dependent on China for for all the batteries and for all the metals, and uh, that would be not a good thing. And then and then you know, we have big areas of land. We acquire all this mining, huge amounts of land, and you have all this waste for metal production, and so you have big pollution issues with EV's as well. Uh, it can be not okay, but not in China, not in the Democrat Republic of Congo where all these places are producing it right now. And now this big trade war is just going to shut all that down.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: We just have a tremendous world in flux energy wise right now.
Speaker 1: All the liberals that buy the evs and Tesla I won't own an EV, but nonetheless I think about the thousands of kids on their hands and knees needs in the Congo, actually digging for these products that are killing and destroying the line the little black kids in the Congo to supply the base materials shipped off to China to have this battery technology. And you know, I thought liberals cared about minority kids. I thought liberals cared about especially little black children on their knees in the dark, mining these exotic metals. But I guess liberals don't care, or the media doesn't cover it. And if the government bribes you to purchase these evs, which I think that's over with now, that maybe the media at some point will cover where these exotic materials come from and the cost to the natives living there, working in the dark and dying in caves by themselves because evs must have these exotic batteries. I've not seen one report anywhere what happens in the Congo, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been very, very few. And then the flip side, not only the raw materials, but once the battery wears out, what do you do with it? Well, you can't recycle the thing. We've had like four recycling plants around the world that have have ignited and gone up the flames over the last two or three years because these batteries self ignite. So you have a big problem with all these batteries piling up. You put them in landfills. You know, that's not such a good idea. It's very expensive to get the metals out of them, and then they're fire hazards as well. But you know, I think I think the world is stepping back from this a little bit and we're putting a little bit of brakes on. So maybe we're going to get back to some common sense again.
Speaker 1: Well Trump is all about common sense. We'll see what happens. But it's Steve Gorm. You can may reach you. I think it's Steve Gorham g O R E H A M dot com.
Speaker 2: Is that correct? Get all your books and all the information the truth will set us free.
Speaker 6: Y and the copies there by the way in green breakdown, there's one hundred and forty colored sidebars. And one of one of the funny ones is Britain's advice to stop showering to conserve energy, and so they're advising people to shower with a friend. But I have all these these sidebars in Green Breakdown are that make the book fun as well as informative.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Steve, I think a lot of brets they have bad teeth, and they stink and the food is terrible. Maybe I shouldn't say that, but I think two of those things are accurate. But Steve Gorm, once again, Steve Gorm dot com, Executive director of the Climate Science Coalition, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, Markets and Fluctuations. Eventually we're gonna end up in pretty good shape, but Steve, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live Live at your Home of the Reds and more.
Speaker 2: News Radio seven hundred that w LW.
Speaker 7: The two oh Delivery Swan on Love Deep rank Field Junior has homework for the first time. As a round, he turns around a two and on fence from Scott Downs.
Speaker 4: And drills it over the wall and right.
Speaker 7: Barry Larkin will store ahead of him, and as he rounds third and gets a glad hand from Rondios, maybe the monkey is finally off his back. Six to two ball game as.
Speaker 8: Junior goes deep with a three hundred and ninety ninth time is major league career, and his first since the twenty second of September last year against Kansas City. Oh, hello, hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting full.
Speaker 1: You say that was April ninth, the year twenty twenty five years ago tonight Junior hit it all three nine and I think four hundred was in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Am I right about that? I think so?
Speaker 1: Nonetheless twenty five years ago tonight. Now, what is wrong with Matt McClain. Is he the Nick Sanzel of this ball club?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 9: He is on the il with a slight left hams string hamstring stream something for me to say so.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty three, he missed the last five weeks. In twenty twenty four, he missed the entire season so far. In twenty twenty five, he's missed half the games. But out of the they've played two hundred games he was supposed to play in. He's missed one ninety three of two hundred.
Speaker 9: But everybody's everybody was screaming and yelling about two guys, and you're gonna get your wish now. Will Benson is in today's lineup against the Giants. Good Novelli Marte is also up.
Speaker 2: Bring him in.
Speaker 9: Carson Spires has been sent to Triple A Louisville down. That's in a move because it appears that Andrew Abbott is coming back and he will make his two twenty twenty five debut Saturday here against the Pittsburgh Pirates. They will not see schemes in this. Uh. Three games, three games, set a bed outing. Last night he got, he got hammered in the safety getting old. Now he got, he gave up five runs, gave up Olivia. World is gonna come and probably get checked out. Would you rather give up Olivia Dunn or five runs? Will heave thet reporters of proud service of your local time star? He' an air conditioning dealers tame star qualit Dukendfield in northern Kentucky called Johnson heating the cooling at eight five, nine, four, seven, two or sixty fifty one?
Speaker 2: What about or what uh? Nick Lodola?
Speaker 9: Willie was six sharp innings last night, three hits, Red's blank the Jaints one nill? What about Della Cruz? Uh didn't do too much not hitting? Let's see, uh get the torpedo back Grand Ashcraft and Emilio Pegan combined on the four hitter. His name's Pagan, isn't it No? Uh so two hours and five minutes. I see that last night. That's good for baseball, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 9: Jake the snake Freeley with the defensive play of the game in the fifth inning of great catch.
Speaker 2: Look like Willie May's back in nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 9: Sure did they go for the sweep? Get out the broom today? Did you believe it.
Speaker 2: Didn't?
Speaker 9: Somebody? We have a hot fudge Sunday. I said the other day that they're gonna sweep them, and you said they're not.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what happens tomorrow. What happens?
Speaker 1: I went either way? The Reds winner, You get a hot fut Sunday and I get one. I get one for Dave, one for you, one for me, one for Jock Crumley.
Speaker 9: Two forty five with the Arnold Carriers inside pitch, Nick Martinez go up a up against Justin Verlander, who only lasted like about three innings in his last start.
Speaker 2: Might be getting older thinking too much about Kate? Thank you?
Speaker 1: How about Kate or Olivia? Choose but choose wisely Kate, I'm taking Olivia.
Speaker 9: College baseball Xavier and Wright State tonight at six in the championship game of the Joe Knoxall Classic. Uh, let's see college basketball. Xavier's got a new player, seven foot big man out of UNLV.
Speaker 2: What for Richard Patino?
Speaker 9: What Poppey nadaia Pompei Nadaia. U sees Dylan Mitchell. Dylan Mitchell. They're falling off the They're falling off the Bearcat's roster.
Speaker 2: Like the Titanic.
Speaker 9: Oh oh, he becomes the sixth Bearcat player in two days to enter the portal.
Speaker 1: What doesn't a west mill or have a cattle call through the dormitories and tell the UC students come and try out for the team.
Speaker 2: Let's see C. J.
Speaker 9: Fleming leaving the Baden Rams his head basketball coach after a couple of years. He is headed to Mason, the home of the Comets and the transmitter right soon to be gone. By the way, I can't say a Masters begins tomorrow in beautiful Augusta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: How about the ASU coach kicked out of the Masters because he didn't have long pants inside the ropes? Your comments on that people don't mess around down there now. Two security guards walked up to come with us. You can wear shorts outside the ropes. He had a coach's badge on. One of his players was playing in the Masters. Okay he was, he qualified, So he went inside the rope to give his ASU player a little whisper in the air about the takeaway, and two security guards escorted him off the grounds. You know, come with me, sir. I'm sorry, I got a badge, sir, come with me. They escorted him off the grounds for wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: That means they have to walk back down with magnolia lane.
Speaker 9: Walk down and what do you think about that? They got their rules? No they don't. Let's see Bengals up. They brought to you by a good Spirits and Party town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: The Bengals today signing.
Speaker 9: What Bengals free Ah trynebacker, Joe Gills Harris, Joe Gibbs, Joe Gills Harris for Giles Joe Giles Harris one year deal. He was with UH. He was on the practice squad for one game late last season with the Bengals. Maybe you can play, but what also played for the Buffalo Bills and Patriots. What about Hendrickson? What can you tell me?
Speaker 2: Nothing new? The drafts coming up? And about well they.
Speaker 9: Can think they can talk because it's flooded down there and they get there marrying ways a mess and there's there's water in the player's parking lot.
Speaker 2: Can Mike Brown like row into his office? Just I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know the that Brady Music Center was is surrounded by water still is.
Speaker 2: You can't do anything. That's why it's known as river City, said man See sing sing.
Speaker 9: Single session tickets for the Cincinnati Open will be on sale to the public starting this Friday at at ten am.
Speaker 1: And have to go to hold of Mike Barrett fourteen he's the judge, and Bill Barrett the surgeon, and John Barrett the kids, the business leader, and Fran Barrett the lawyer. How about those four guys, get them in the stoot Just get them. If I get the four Barretts in there, wouldn't that be something at John and Mike and Fran and Bill the unbelievable Andy Mack. Get them all in here. If you have the money, you give it to John. You got a legal problem, give it a fran You gotta do their own show. You know, you want to be a businessman. The Barrett Hour, The Barrett how at those four in here maybe eight to nine every morning with Tom Brenneman. I'll be good, Mike Barrett, you know, retired federal judge. Yeah, not bad. There you go and get married to Carol Williams of Channel nine. Nine used to stand for news. What about now?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't watched him in a while.
Speaker 1: I watch a moment, I watch everything simultaneously, you know that I know. And by the way, the tariffs for all nations are off but one, according to the Trumpster nine today pause, except China, China, and that one was down a little bit. Now it's up two thousands of US points.
Speaker 9: So is this like his plan or his poker like sit there and all of a sudden like call off the tariff.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the stock market goes coom coom, things go. It goes back the other way, it goes back the other way. I don't know what to tell you. I don't either. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: But segment, the Reds can't score, but they win well.
Speaker 2: They won their first series of the year. They could have.
Speaker 9: If they win today and sweep the Giants probably the first time since nineteen sixty out.
Speaker 2: There, they'll win. They'll they'll win. They got that.
Speaker 9: They still have a winning record on the road trip. Well, and they got the Pirates and the Mariners coming to town.
Speaker 2: Who's playing for the Mariners? Junior? Jay Buhner, Junior's coming back. And each your rosa zuki and a.
Speaker 1: Rod let him play. Now they're a bit old. Plus Griffy's put on about fifty pounds. I think he can still hit with you. Betty could hit with that swing. He can't run. Are you concerned about Mount McLean not being able to play baseball?
Speaker 9: I don't know, Willie, I don't know what the deal is. It's was his shoulder last year. Now what's the deal with all these hamstrings?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I I don't know what to say.
Speaker 9: I mean, everybody, every you know, I mean, Jake Frayley's out there with a bad left side. I mean, I guess he's got to play.
Speaker 2: Marte. We got Marte, we have bench.
Speaker 9: Well, you got Austin Hayes coming back, you know. I mean, I don't know, but McLean, McLean ought to go out there and bubble Wrap.
Speaker 2: Don't hurt himself any more. I don't know Nick Sanzel, who might still be playing somewhere. Is he but he just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 9: He's in Mexico. He's in Mexico. Yeah, I didn't know that. Well, I know, we have nothing but issues everywhere I look. I have nothing but promise.
Speaker 2: Oh I know.
Speaker 9: But if the Red Legs win, I mean, if they sweep, hopefully they keep that momentum going because they got a day off tomorrow, and then the Pirates roll into town. Think they should be able to take at least two out of three or maybe sweep them.
Speaker 1: Then Seattle in Seattle, let's get to May first with their winning record. Is that possible? So far, so good? Let's go there five and seven? Well, win station seven and win two out of three, eight and eight. Now they march for glory and for some the judgment Seat of God segment, Get me out of the Stuge report? Please, by the way, we're early today two forty five pregame and more segment, Get me out of Stoge report?
Speaker 9: Will you a hotter of a beautiful day here at a tri state and the Trumpster I'm causing tariffs, We leave you with the immortal words.
Speaker 2: Of the stood tripport. Dave has nothing.
Speaker 1: Dave has nothing on seven hundred WLW My Billy cunning in the Great American Reds Baseball picks up in about forty minutes or so live from San Francisco and then off tomorrow, back at it for three big games here over the weekend, then Seattle so much more, and we'll see what happens down the road. But in the last thirty minutes, raising tariffs on China to one hundred and twenty five percent, issue a nine to day pause on some other tariffs. According to media accounts, this is all subject to change any minute now. But Trump is winning the long game with the tariffs because he's proposing now during this ninety days to negotiate a deal a deal deal with almost everybody else except China in order to isolate them and make them feel as if they're alone and make it difficult. The long game is to have equal and fair trade with every nation, Canada and Mexico especially, but also Europe those think generally alike, along with South Korea and Philippines and Japan, et cetera. But China is a different, different, animal completely. So he's gone from one hundred and eight percent to one hundred and twenty five percent. Nine to day palls to negotiate deal deals with all the others involved, all the other one hundred and ten countries, to see where we go from there, and the Trumpster said, quote based on the lack of respect that China has shown to the world markets, I'm hereby raising the tariff charge to China by the US to one hundred and twenty five percent, effective immediately, which means immediately six o'clock tonight. At some point, hopefully in their future, China will recognize that the days are ripping off America and other countries no longer sustainable. And so we have a serious negotiation going on with one of the great negotiators of all time, not being Donald Trump, in order to find a way that we can have fair and equal trade, which has not been so for a very very long time, as we defend the world against risks, whether it was China or whether it was Japan or Germany. Right now it's China, or whether it was Nazi Germany, or whether it was the Japanese Empire through the thirties and forties, whether the world's policemen. We don't charge for that. In fact, it costs us money. And at this point, if Russia and or China and Almas terrorists are the threat to humanity to mankind, then the policemen need to be paid, and that policeman is us, and somehow we have to get our financial house in order. When I speak to my friends, including Congressman Thomas Massey in the House, there's going to be one hell of a negotiation soon, in which originally Mike Johnson said we'll have the bill out of the House to correct things on the taxing front and deficit within one hundred days. Now it's by August. Because there's ten to twenty in the House that believe, like you and I may believe, we can't live on borrow time. We cannot keep borrowing six billion dollars every day of new money about two trillion dollars a year and sustain that for any period of time.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: We're slowly eating our own It's like eating a hamstring thinking I'll have food in my belly. Then eventually you're left with nobody. And that's kind of where we are now. So is Trump playing the long game. Is the market going to listen and at this point we'll see what happens. But if you're communist read China, you certainly are interested in the fact that Donald Trump is going to play the long game, etc. And maybe do what's right for the American people. So once again, the big news is the markets are up about seven percent or so, and as a consequence, the tariffs are temporarily called off until further notice. Secondly, we have a situation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you some facts and figures. You know, I like to think my opinions are grounded in facts, and that is the US economy. It is about thirty trillion dollars GDP thirty trillion. You take Canada and Mexico together, and that thirty trillion is about twenty seven percent of the world's economy. Seventy three percent is not the American economy. Canada has a two point five trillion dollar GDP Canada two point five, Mexico one point five together, that equals four trillion dollars, which my simple deal Park Matt tells me is together those two countries are fifteen percent of our economy. So the gorilla in the cage can set the rules, and that gorilla is the United States of America. He can get Canada and Mexico to do a most anything in time, because we can crash, especially the Canadian economy or the Mexican economy at will, and we don't want to do that. It's the wrong thing to do. So put on top of that, the EU take all twenty seven nations of the EU twenty seven of them, including England, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Sweden, twenty seven nations. Total EU is seventeen trillion. So you take the EU, Canada, and Mexico together, that's twenty one that's about seventy percent of the US economy all put together. Leaving to the side if you throw let's throw Russia in there too, at two point two trillion. That means the total outside of China is about two thirds of the world economy. Is the United States, Canada, Mexico, EU, Russia, which which is outside right now, there's no sanctions on them because they're completely sanctioned. We don't trade with them at all. Put them all together, it's two thirds of the world economy standing alone. Is China and so if China hooks up with the EU and with Russia, which they've done already Canada and Mexico, they would have a chunk. They'd have more of the world's economy than we have. Take EU and China, that's about thirty five trillion. To throw in some other the Russia, you're close to forty trillion dollars, much greater than the American economy. But these other nations do not want to hook up with communists. Communists right China, they are a pariya. So the EU does not want to hook up with China, Canada and Mexico doesn't want hook up with China. Russia does because they are another totalitarian regime. Put all that together is that we need to have some simple understanding that the so called quote free world will go after China to stop the Silken Road initiative, et cetera. Throw on top of that, the Saudi Arabians, the Emirates, countries like that are functional more or less except if you're a woman or a Christian, in which case, if you've put that on top of it and isolate China, China is in deep trouble, which they're in trouble anyway, because they have a terrible multi trillion dollar failure in the real estate market. They produce little or no natural products of their own. They import eighty percent of their oil and import eighty percent of their raw materials. It is not a great country when it comes to those issues. And so if the world got together and stayed, is won. And Donald Trump's making the world think, you know right now you better stick. Yeah, it's a time for choosing. You're with us in freedom and the democratic nations in the world more or less, or you're with the communist red Chinese who kill their own citizens Willie Nilly, put wigers in concentration camps, killed Christians and Jews and have no human or constitutional rights whatsoever in China. Most of these countries want to play ball with us, but you have to make them think you have somebody in charge that's going to hurt your own hurt the Canadian or Mexican economy. You got to have that involved otherwise you can't get a deal.
Speaker 2: Deal.
Speaker 1: So the Donald said, yesterday, just trust me, I got this. He knows what he's doing. So now the markets are up about seven percent total, and which is pretty good, but my gosh, are their difficulties out there, because if China and Xi Xiaoping doesn't strike a deal with America, which appears less and less likely, it's going to happen that we get chunks of our economy from China. And when China imposes on America about an eighty seven percent tariff, ultimately you're going to pay for that. Whether it's not so much automobiles, but almost everything else. It's hard to find a product not made in China. So yes, they can hurt us. Secondly, they've put malware and all of our electrical systems and water systems and computers all over this country. They can crash computer systems in great hospitals like the Cleveland Clinic or the Mayo Clinic. They can do those things. They've been planning this for a long time. And so and also there's a factor out there in the back of your mind. I know you're not thinking about this at the present time, but China wants to encircle and cut off Taiwan from the rest of the world that they perceive as one of their provinces.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: There's no reason Taiwan, which historically has not been a part of Maine mainland. China cannot have their own little country one hundred and ten miles off off the eastern coast of China. But if China would act militarily against Taiwan, now we got some serious problems because we get about ninety percent of our advanced chips from Taiwan. I know the president of Taiwan and the president of their big chip maker has said they're going to build a big plan in Kansas. That's going to take the next two to four years to get it done, and so that's going to take a lot of time. So if China continues to have economic profound difficulties, and which is about thirty percent of their workforce young, educated or unemployed, put all that together, they might say, you know what, we need to distract the Chinese people from what's happening with America by having an external existential threat from Taiwan, in which case we will attack and subjugate Taiwan. If it takes a thousand years, we're going to do it. Therefore, with these things going on, do you like the idea that Scott Bessant is the Treasury Secretary? Do you like the idea that Jade Vance is the vice president. Do you like the idea that Donald Trump is the president playing the long game with tariffs and he's hard to predict? You know, predictions good and bad. Having a president that can't be predicted can be a very good thing. It keeps you on your feet, what's he going to do next? When you have a Joe Biden in office or a Barack Hussein Obama, you're gonna almost predict what's going to happen. They're internationalists. They care as much about the middle class in China and Russia as to do about our country. We finally have, since Ronald Reagan, an American first president who cares about you and me and when's things good in this country? A lot of these social issues are also important. But let's face it, it's not going to change the world. What's happening in Colorado with transgender rights, an abortion through birth funded by Colorado taxpayers. It's a terrible thing. It's killing unborn babies inside it healthy mothers, But nonetheless, it is not going to change the economic status of this country. Same thing with transgender rights. If that's the case in about one third of our states, it's not going to economically impact us it. Certainly, it's the quality of life issue, it's an ethical issue, it's a moral issue. But nonetheless it's not going to change America's fiscal health long term. It's important for human beings inflicted by this, who may be suffering from a mental disease or defect that make them think there's something other than what they are. That's a different matter. So I may think I'm a twenty five year old male, but I won't demand that you treat me as if I'm twenty five years old. You know what I'm saying. It's reality. Biology is reality. So when someone says, biologically, I'm a male, but I want to be identified as a female, I can't identify as a twenty five year old male anymore any more than a transgender adult can identify something different than they are. And please don't ask me, don't require me to play into your game, into this subterfugeon in this idiocy that someone can change their gender or sex by identifying different than what they are. I can't play that game. His her, they them, I'm not playing that game. I am what I am. Biology is real. I'm not going to act as if science doesn't matter. I see these silly signs all over town. Science is real. Well, biology is real too. I can't identify as a woman, and I can't identify something I'm not. I can't identify as a black male. I may say I'm a black male, that doesn't make it so. And if you have a twenty five year old that identifies as a female when you're male, you can't identify as a female and be a female. You are a male. Don't treat me like I can set you. I'm a twenty five year old male, Well you're not going to treat me as if I am. But there's political advantages for the radical left to have this so called civil rights issues percolating because he gives them something to do. And secondly, it's well funded by many states. So in Colorado or California, for example, if you can't afford your transgender surgery, those states require a health carrier to provide it and no expense to you. That's simply wrong, But that's not going to change the physical health of this country. That's up to the people of those states where live in a federal system. But that's the way you want to play the game there. Please play it that way and that's where we are. So I'm encouraged by the fact that the president responds to markets, which you know he would come on and you know he was going to respond in an appropriate way. He wants to win, and you know he wants to pass on his legacy to Jade Vans or maybe Donald Trump Junior at some point to keep this thing going. And it's headed in the wrong direction. So I would anticipate getting out my crystal ball. As Brian Hammer it likes to do that. Over the next ninety days, there'll be every week or two there'll be additional deal struck with the members of the EU, with the main members being Germany, France and England. There'll be some deal struck, maybe at the ten percent, because we control their economy and they don't control our economy. Pick them off, then pick off Mexico and Canada. But Canada cannot be picked off for about a month. They've got big elections coming up in a month and the Liberal party in charge doesn't want to act as if look as if they're working with Donald Trump. So they're going to wait about thirty days and strike a deal. So by the time sixty days go by or so by Memorial Day or the fourth of July, interest rates in this country will continue to come down. Secondly, there'll be incremental deal struck with the rest of the world, from South America to the EU, to the Golf Arab States, Muslim States, and the Canada and Mexico. They're going to be deal struck, further isolating China from the rest of the world. Then China will be hopefully standing alone because of the policies of Donald Trump. At no time since nineteen thirty nine or nineteen forty as America faced a threat like China. At no point when the USSR was rolling strong, were they an economic power, a great military power, not so much missile technology. Absolutely, the Polish Army would defeat the Russian Army as it is now constituted. Even the patriots in the Ukraine are holding the Russian Army at bay, which no one thought would ever happen. So China, on the other hand, is building a worldwide fleet with nuclear submarines. They're building a gigantic military to protect the Silken Road procedures they put in effect. And now's the time to stop it. And we're well positioned with the right guy in charge to stop it through the EU, Central and South America, through the Gulf States, and also through Canada and Mexico, and we can trade with those individuals as much as you want, leaving China alone and destitute, which would be a great thing now for the Chinese people, who I love and respect, but for the Chinese government and damn with their communists. So let's continue with more and if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Trump was playing the long game. We finally have the right president at the right time to do it's right for the country long term. Every time we've been at risk, whether it was Washington and Jefferson or Lincoln or Teddy Roosevelt, we had an American president arise that God sent himself to guide the free world into a better light. And right now we have Donald John Trump. He will not be supported by the mainstream media, he will not be supported by the Democrats who went chaos and in confusion to get power and influence and money. But he has I think the heir of the American people. That's why Harry Entton of CNN said that if the election were held today, Donald Trump would get fifty two percent of the vote and Kamala Harris would get but thirty eight percent. That's the way it ought to be. So let's continue and once again Trump's playing the long game, and at this point we're in in the first quarter, a long way to go to twenty five Home of your Reds and More. News Radio seven hundred w ol truly me.
Speaker 4: The golden age of America.
Speaker 2: That's what we have to do.
Speaker 5: This is a magnificent victory for the American.
Speaker 4: People that will allow us to make America great again.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting segment The Reds kick it off an Oracle Oracle Park. That's correct.
Speaker 1: We make Frehley's catch is unbelievable. Save the game may have saved the season, but I think now the Reds is going to march for glory and for some the judgment seat of God.
Speaker 9: Will he the S future reporters are proud service ever your local Temes Star Heating and Air Conditioning ds TEMP star quality you could feel on the East Side called Clement's Heating an air at nine three seven, four four four forty four oh one spots. It will be Nick Martinez and Justin Verland are coming up. Will he have two forty five with the r NOO carriers inside pitch after yesterday. The Reds blanked the Giants last night one nil, so they win the series and hopefully they can sweep the Giants today.
Speaker 2: All without McClain or Ellie doing much at all. Correct.
Speaker 9: I belie, yes, I believe so well. McLean's hurt again. He's always hurt on the il with a left slight left hamstring, So Troy.
Speaker 1: He's had thumb problems at UCLA, then he had lat problems in twenty twenty three, missed the last five months weeks. Then he had shoulder shoulder right. Now it's the hamstring and he's twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: Knee bones connected to the thigh bone. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should stretch a little bit or do something different. He's the Nick Sanzel unless he changes. Of course, you can't blame you. If you're hurt, you're hurt.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: When he plays tough, it doesn't play. He's playing tough when he's in there. Yeah. Baseball Hall of Fame catcher Johnny Bench be a special guest on Sports Talk tonight. He's the co Grand Marshal for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series race. Of the Food City five hundred at Bristol Motor Speedway, which, by the way, bench may get into a car and race around the half mile bull ring.
Speaker 2: Would you do that if you could? Would you get yes? I'm not sure you could get into a car. I'll ride along. I'll good at ride along.
Speaker 1: How about getting in the in and Opolis five hundred? How abut getting one of those going about two hundred and twenty five miles an hour?
Speaker 9: I was in a Corvette with Sam Hornish Junior at two hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: What was that like? Fast? Quick? Yeah? I wanted to know from my if I lock the door?
Speaker 1: Chimp Hart wants to know if he can fish in the Bristol Speedway.
Speaker 2: Can you see why not? At call him up? How does that work?
Speaker 9: They're going to put some kind of contract in the infield and for the water and everything else, and they're gonna put bass in there and then go catch them. You're gonna have a bass tournament in the middle of a racetrack. I say, Bristol Motor Speedway out to be the home of the Summer and Winter Olympics from now on.
Speaker 2: They do anything down there.
Speaker 9: You got there a lot of mountains, I think a lot of mountains for the skiers, but.
Speaker 1: It's not too not too cold up their segment. Well, I don't know, but well, I don't know about August, take a perfect North will take you. They got snowmaking machines ark to Clyde, right, I don't know, but think about that. They get the Red's gonna play the Braves right in August?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Right? Then?
Speaker 1: Then September is gonna be a fish tournament, correct, like the Colisene they got on and they got to race there Sunday the Food City Open? Is that it correct? I don't know what's to day? I don't either. Somehow you're gonna have to get something done here with our second basement and third and shortstop?
Speaker 2: And Marte? Who's playing? Is are you playing third tonight or this afternoon? You know?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Marte is not in there? Or what about Benson? Well, Benson is in today? Where's he playing left field?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So what about Freeley? What about right? What about Freedom? Freedel's in there?
Speaker 2: You got the lineup? Yeah, tell the American people the lineup?
Speaker 9: Well, do we have to get an official for the inside pitch to do that?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? That's correct? What do we got to do now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do we go right into it, we break, we got Lance, we got Lance coming up later for the inside pitch. Lastly, segment we're doing the inside pitch. The Bengals, according to I have on tomorrow this Speaker of the House, messed us speaker, and he's going to talk about why the Cleveland mister Johnson, not exactly the Ohio speaker. Oh, and Huffman's going to talk about why it appears that the Brownies are getting six hundred million dollars and the Bengals at this point are getting nothing, zilch.
Speaker 2: But he went to UC law school. What's up with that?
Speaker 1: So Matt Huffman wants to give the Bengals the mind I think fine out tomorrow, but he wants somebody to say they're staying. He wants someone to say we want the money and the commissioners until a deal is struck. Why go through the work of giving the Bengals of the county six hundred million dollars when this time in two months from now, the Bengals might say we're moving to Chicago, which I don't believe is going to happen. Whatever it takes you got to keep the Bengals here.
Speaker 2: Do you agree?
Speaker 9: I would say, whatever it takes, it's advisable, I would say, so. All right, So I don't know what to tell you. Well, I gotta tech, you gotta get it going. Might need a new roof, anyone you recommend. Yes, Continental Roof got that from Greg, Greg Euster, Continental Roof, mysinsyroof dot com, mysinsyrooof dot com. A new advertiser segment, give me Out of the Seuze Report Willy and Hotter of the Red Legs hoping to sweep of their series against the Giants. Today, we leave you with the immortal words of the stood Report.
Speaker 1: Well, with these new tariffs being called off, possibly, uh, we're gonna have more of that kind of stuff segment, I guess, so let's continue with more two forty five home a year, REDS News Radio seven hundred w Autom