Speaker 1: Well, I've been blasting this on social media. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. They sponsor this segment, and they're up for six different awards in the Dallas Morning News Reader's poll, including best Pizza, which is what they got last year, but also like best comfort Food, Best Italian Place, Best Happy Hour, best Bar, best Sports Bar, on and on and on. Go vote for him. I'll blast out the link again later. Go vote for him. You can vote for him every day. I'm voting for him every day because I love spreading the gospel about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. So good. They got five different styles of pizza that they've mastered. They have an awesome bar, and they feature Rollertown beer Works. We like that they got a great selection on tap. That's our brewery. But anyways, go see for yourself. Right there in the heart of Plano at Preston Plano Parkway, it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basins week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just talk talk about the storms. We did this a little bit earlier in the show, but here's the total number of people that didn't have power as of this morning. Forty seven thousand people with power, and a lot did hit ninety thousand overall for a bit, but this, you know, a lot of those temporary. As I was watching this, really I knew this is one of those events where on Saturday Sunday night we're going to get some storms and it's pretty undeniable. And I do kind of have a theory that every time that happens, it seems to not be as bad as the ones that do sneak up on you and then, but that could just be the way you're thinking about it. Yeah. So I had a couple of screens going on because the basketball game was not great, So I had Channel five on one on my little tiny TV, and then i'd Channel eight on the bigin So Pete Delkas was in a jacket off situation. Yeah serious, and he kept saying, you know these please take this serious. Eighty mile per hour wins possible and storms not everywhere, but eighty miles per hour that is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous. Than a tornado, and.
Speaker 1: They're saying things like, keep in mind, a level two tornadoes only sixty five miles an hour, so understand these are very powerful.
Speaker 3: Win I'll say the tree that got uprooted in my backyard and fell over and caused chaos and my house in Richardson was a year ago, maybe it was two years ago. It was eighty one mile per hour win. Whoa, they tracked straight line win. Wow coming at You have a root rot on the tree made it pretty easy for the tree to get up rooted. Make sure your trees don't have root rot.
Speaker 1: I love root rot talk.
Speaker 3: So I didn't notice though, And they've got the timer like when it's gonna hit your spot and you're kind of watching it, give you get the graphic. Ten thirty is my time here locked in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then I just kind of see it's getting quieter, and I'm like, O, hey, is that the camp before the storm. But as I'm watching Pete Delk has delivered this on Channel eight, I realize his enthusiasm is waning. And it's not that he's been on the air for about forty five minutes talking about this. He's getting tired and said, I think it's starting to not be as bad as he thought.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right, and keep in mind, so that the game, they cut out of NBA coverage because the game was over and it's just Steven A yelling. So they go to full storm coverage at nine, twenty minutes before and Pete does not do the Sunday news. Yeah, so he's up there on a Sunday. They were all up there, they're all uphold team. He goes on at nine. At ten o'clock, they do the reset and he leads off the news. So there's no news, it's just weather coverage. We still haven't seen Teresa Woodward yet.
Speaker 3: So it goes for.
Speaker 1: Another twenty minutes. So he's been on straight for like forty minutes, and the storm just keeps getting weaker and weaker and weaker.
Speaker 3: So we've got a couple of reporters out. We've got one in our car not far from me, and then we've got the guy over at the BUCkies in Rono. Yeah, and then Pete makes a joke that, oh, that's a pretty common landing spot for our reporters lately, and he's like, they're going to get food and hang out in a nice place, which, by the way, yeah, actually yeah.
Speaker 4: Bro, if this storm is really bad, I want to be where there's a nice bathroom. Matt, thank you.
Speaker 3: But they keep keep kind of going after them, and they're like, he could hit it any minute, nothing's happening, okay, And I'm like, then he's got Jesse and he's got some other girl tracking the wind. The wind speaking, that's the big thing on this storm. The straight line wins right, could get up to eighty mile per hour. Let's go over to Addison Airport and Jesse goes, yeah, it's just cocked it at three miles.
Speaker 4: Prourh my god.
Speaker 3: Then I started laughing.
Speaker 2: I was like, tell the TV off, we're done.
Speaker 4: Here, dude.
Speaker 1: At one point they're showing the map coming down and I'm watching it's about to hit Alan and they're showing it and they're showing it, and then and then Pete's lives in kind of West Plano. Just got a text from the wife. She said, it's really just a lot of rain, I know. And he was so beaten.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm in Bishop bar right. We had gotten home around nine thirty, so I think it hit at ten. It was insane, like the lightning driving home was crazy and then when it hit it sounded horrible, Like it was scary. Yeah, we lost power for maybe a full minute.
Speaker 1: And let's just say different parts of the area got like I got spared in all and you got spared in Richardson. Yeh, Fan and County. We were just talking about that, Barrett. They had twisters. Yeah, like they actually had tornadoes. So there's and you mentioned earlier there's a lot of power outages. But I think there was so much social media attention of hey, this will be the biggest storm of the year leading up to it. It puts all the legitimate people on blasts. Yeah, and they got to be ready. And it's one of those things where you don't want the storm to deliver to the height. Yeah, you don't want that to happen. But man, they've commandeered all this programming and now it's just the airs going out of the BLUEFW.
Speaker 3: Airport clock sixty eight month per hour wins like Grayson County seventy six month per hour. But it just wasn't as quite as bad as people thought it would be. But it was fun to watch. I absolutely get so revved up when coverages on dad stuff.
Speaker 1: Was it really? It really kind of brings my family together. Me and my wife way into it. My kids are making fun of us because I want him to get in the storm shelter. It's The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle