Speaker 1: A lot of the vets speaking out this week, a lot of vet's unhappy with the direction of not just WWE, but modern wrestling as a whole. Kevin Nash spoke on it, RVD spoke on it. Obviously, Bischoff had his two cents. Who else threw out a fucking Jonathan coachman. I mean, for whatever his opinion's worth as far as wrestling goes, it's it's kind of been a unanimous thing that the direction of WWE right now, obviously being the blanket professional statement of all wrestling is uh is not good.
Speaker 2: It's bad. Well, well, I don't know if you knew this or if you got to hear that exact clip, but Conrad basically led Bischoff to admitting slash agreeing with the fact that Roman Reigns is the most push an overrated wrestler. Yeah time, no, no, I read that earlier.
Speaker 1: I didn't actually listen to it, but I did read his comments about it, and you're not wrong. But I mean, think about it like this, how poorly is Roman pushed? When naysayers, when people that would typically fall in line are the ones to agree with us, Now, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How badly is the system broken when the worst examples of human advice are the one synonymous with all of us.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I mean it just it makes me laugh because it makes me cry. Dude.
Speaker 1: It means that this whole shit is so much worse than even we're seeing it. It's kind of like, how badly does a system need to be broken when both sides of the political debate agree that it's broken?
Speaker 2: You know? Now, well, Mish, let's not get into anything political, because you are a saint for putting up with me. Oh yeah, no, I know, It's okay, I'm a jime. I'm just huge pussy.
Speaker 1: I just I just mean the political course of a w versus WWE because there's no other wrestling companies in the world, Joe.
Speaker 2: That is well, I mean, I guess, yeah, fair enough, but no, like, it's just it's fucking hilarious to me that what what are we going to do this game now? Ten years after the fact were's good doing? So maybe it just so happens per chance Roman reigns is over pushed and force fed. Right, what what you're making things up? That's not Where did that idea come from? Oh? I don't know, Mark.
Speaker 1: Promotionpiro was quoted this week by the Way Wrestling Soup. I'm Anthony, he's Joe. It is Thursday. It's actually nice out. I want to bitch about the weather, but uh, it's been pretty good for the last couple of days. I don't know about you. I know a lot of people have been bitching about rain, but back and forth.
Speaker 2: One day funny, next day rainy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's usually in the morning. It's usually shitty in the morning, and then by the time fucking eleven rolls around, you're already on the road doing shit. But so Mark Shapiro, Mark Shapiro, leader Lord of w w E. He said during the shareholders meeting, if TKO was not chasing every last hour, Mark Shapiro did an earnings call for TKO, and he said that they have two focuses right now, the fan experience and profitability and not necessarily in that order.
Speaker 2: No, no way.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that isn't the Stephanie McMahon quote, I don't know what the fuck is out, you know, it's just the fan experience and profitability and not in that order.
Speaker 2: Fuck, oh my god. It's it's quite literally like we're at the point where like you said, like a Stephanie McMahon quote. At least Stephanie tried to lie. She tried to lie. No, no, no, no, she didn't, but she hid that ship. She hid it.
Speaker 1: That's the difference is so she didn't lie. I do believe when Stephanie spoke at those business conferences, she was being one hundred percent true to herself. Even when she was doing the Four Moms podcasts or whatever the fuck that was called with her and the other business female CEOs, she would say some pretty off the wall shit, and I do believe that everything she said she felt was true. I don't think Stephanie McMahon is a liar, but she has enough wherewithal to go back and go scrub this, scrub it all, get it off, make it.
Speaker 2: Go away, make it go away exactly. Yeah, she's she's that knocked off the internet, like the Little Zan's album and the first Tony Hitchcliff fucking comedy special, Like they're all getting wiped off the internet. They're smart enough to know to do.
Speaker 1: Or like Becky Lynch's comment about Dominic Mysterio and Live Morgan.
Speaker 2: Oh they got get rid of that.
Speaker 1: Which is it's it's even more super I was talking with good mic Work and he's like, ah, this is bullshit, Like, there's no way that they fucking did that. How do you know it's not w WE that did that, right, and it's fair right, So Netflix scrubbed the comments. Well, actually, you know, I think I still have it. No, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: So funny to me that they took that off, because it's just just some extent. What is somebody gonna wash back raw and you're gonna hear Becky make some comment, be like that sex with each other, you know, like that's the that's the big worry. You actually have the audio, but your turn you can't hear it. No, no, it's not. That's all right. That's because it's that's because they've blocked it out. God damn, that's just blocked for you, not for everybody else. Yeah, I have to I have to scan my ID.
Speaker 1: But what I was trying to say was Netflix blocked it out and they censored it off the replays. But on WWE's own YouTube channel they have it there. They have it in a three minute clip. Yeah that's still there.
Speaker 2: So explain.
Speaker 1: But that again, this goes to things like t k O. This goes to things like Netflix. Netflix. This is all that overpacification or pascifization. It's all like this catering to sponsors and money. And when it comes to WWE YouTube, I think that's just run by a different part of the company that just doesn't give a fuck about those things. And yes, WWE YouTube has censored a lot of ship in the past, of course they have, but they're not so micromanaging where they think had a comment about dominic sleeping around in storyline is so damaging to the sponsors that they would pull out because I mean, what else could it be? Why else would they have pld that comment shoe?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just funny to me because I the only two things that I remember. I'm sorry, I think only one thing I know dom does advertisements for. Oh wait, no, I'm sorry. I was right. Initially two things Wingstop and door Dash. So were they thinking of themselves? Listen, we don't want to throw the good people off at Wingstop by making reference to this twenty six year old man having intercourse in passing on this television program. Is that it's so fucking dumb. It's so dumb, But also, at the same time, This is what happens when you have the wrestler that speaks organically on the show.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I'm sorry for stuttering my words. Guys, Holy shit, I apologize. I'll try not to use ten cent words anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm fuck, what was it? I don't even understand what word did you say? That was boob? Booby? Yeah, boobs with a EWB. That's why. Uh no, man, Like I guess that's what you get. That's part of the reason why you know, like WWE or not even WWE slash t k O. But Netflix is like, we want our predictable fucking slop. That's what it's gonna be. Like we we don't want you guys to say anything fresh and naughty. Meanwhile, correct me if I'm wrong. But they put like weird Love Island Desk reality shows on that streaming service right right, the ones where people all go to like fuck Island and they sit around and get drunk all day and you're like your incentivized to cheat on your spouse for attention and money or whatever. The fuck. That's cool, but on the wrestling show, you can't have somebody say, hey, I think you're having sex with your onscreen girlfriend, that's at much.
Speaker 1: It's just silly too, considering all the angles and the things that WWE has put on the screen before. I mean, we were just joking about it the other day about the live sex celebration with edge and lead up, but yet just inferring to something and just a roundabout statement from Becky Lynch is just so offensive that you know, we got to pull it from Netflix. From Netflix replays, well, this is also too. Now everybody has to kind of I guess know this that wants the full spectrum of what the show is going to be, that don't bother watching it on actual Netflix, and especially the replay. You just might as well just go steal it offline because there's a better chance you're actually gonna get the interviews that they show between the commercials in case somebody says something that's not even like a you know, a swear or offensive in any of the actual tangible ways, but just something that Netflix seems that they don't want to put on the show.
Speaker 2: So in that way, you are at least a little bit incentivizing people. Like I said, I'm gonna just go find this shit on my own time. You know, I'm not gonna bother giving you this fucking click because it's going to be orchestrated strangely by Netflix for some reason. But you know, I guess that's what happens once again when you have a dangerous pro wrestler with a hot mic like Becky Lynch. Yeah, what a joke, what a fucking goofest. But there's a lot of the.
Speaker 1: Old guys are are kind of spazzing out on the uh. The newer generation of wrestling, Kevin Nash is the one that's all notably in the IWC hot water right now. During an episode of the Click podcast, Kevin Nash discussed how wrestlers and previous generations benefited from working a high volume of matches and spending extensive time on the road together, which helped them with their in ring skills. Nash said, I was watching on YouTube the other day, or it might have just been on Instagram, but it looked like it might have been a TV taping from a while back. It was totally Blanchard versus Sam Houston. It was probably about a four minute clip and it looked like they were having a fight. You know, it really had a gritty feel to it. I think that's one of the things that's missing. Sean said, is it okay that maybe the product has evolved? I mean, movies evolve, Everything evolved. I was thinking of something the other day. I was looking at still of Cody for the SummerSlam main event. We always talked about heels and baby faces, and you know, we've got a root for someone. But I was thinking about traditional sports, right and Ali. No one was the heel in the face. But maybe I was vehemently passionately cheering for Ali, and maybe you were vehemently passionately cheering for Marciano, the Lions and the Bears right Ford Field. You have passionate fans on both sides. Nobody needs to do anything dastardly for that to have it happen. Maybe wrestling just has become like the NFL in that way.
Speaker 2: Is that valid? Is that possible?
Speaker 1: And Nash responded, well, I've said this my entire career. That's all good and said and done. But the blueprint of a match is somebody's got to make a comeback and somebody's got to give all at the end of the night. So yeah, I don't know. I mean, I understand Sean Oliver's point, and I think that that's where there's a lot of breakdown for a lot of wrestling fans that grew up in the seventies, eighties, nineties, you know, is that we've been used to the accustomed baby face and heel, the good guy versus the bad guy, protagonists versus antagonists. But now we're at a point where, I know, a lot of our discussions circle around the idea of who the fuck is the baby face, who the fuck is the heel in this I mean, even non Roman reigns is promo on Monday, it was a shitty thing to say to people. It was a shitty way to act. Yet people cheer him like he's the best guy in the world. And that's where we're with pro wrestling.
Speaker 2: Well, Sean Oliver's thing, I think right his whole assessment there, right from the jump, is just kind of thrown the fuck off by the fact that when you talk about sports rivalries or boxing rivalries, a lot of the time that is tied to specific civic pride. Dare I even say what nationality, racial barriers? Obviously when you're talking about you know, old school boxing and all of the shit like that all plays into it. So it's not just like, hey, we took two dumpy white guys that look basically the same, act basically the same.
Speaker 1: You know how you sugar coated racism. But that's nice. I'm no, but that's but that's what the time, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Man Like, Yeah, I'm not like hooray hips, but like they don't want the black guy to when they want the Italian guy to win. I know, I saw Rocky. They keep making those movies. Man, I don't know what to tell you, but that's am I do I look at that and go, well, that's fantastic or that that what a great way for things. No, but you can't tell me when Muhammad Ali wasn't was up there talking shit and fucking speaking his mind. There wasn't a part of him. It says, a great white hope, right, who's gonna be the fucking cracker that comes along and you know, puts this guy in his place? How dare he talk to us like that? Like that's where it came from. Like when people try to do that with anything outside of wrestling, anything that gets over right, even in the UFC. Going back to what's his name, ChIL Sonnen and Brazilian guy. Now I'm blinking on his name, but those two dudes was, yeah, Anderson Serva. That was the whole thing with them, right, was I'm the American guy, and I talked shit and I've got this nasally voice and I act like I'm Roddy Piper, and Anderson Silver was just like I'm a silent assassin. I stand over here and I fight for Brazil and else. That's what they were doing, man Like, It's all within that web. And that's the funny thing is when people try to say wrestling can be all these other things, but what they don't realize is that a lot of the successful shit and entertainment and sports and everything, it's all just stealing from wrestling. It's more fucking fake phony WWE k fabe shit than it is its own individual thing. People just don't realize that.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily think when he was I'm not going to try and speak for Sean Oliver. I don't understand the guy fully, but I mean when it comes to the boxing analogy, and necessarily the NFL analogy, I don't necessarily think that he was talking about the at home fans, But what about the casual fans, So there are casual fans that will watch those games and pick aside. And how do they pick aside? If you have no dog in that fight, if you don't belong to Detroit or Chicago, how do you pick which one that you want to win the NFC Championship?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, at that point you're rooting, you're watching a game. Are you just watching a game for the sake of watching a game? Or are you investing in one side of a team? And I'm not talking about the betters, right, Obviously their money is where their passions lie. But for the people that aren't betting, for the casual viewers, how do they do it? How do casual viewers view and enjoy a boxing match if there is no civic interest, if there is no geographical loyalty to one team or another.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, well, dude, this is this is probably a good example of this. Right. I'm going to Vegas for Christmas around that time, right, and at their stadium, which I didn't go to because I you know, I wasn't going to go to WrestleMania. And every time that I've been out there, it's been during the summer, so nothing's happening there. I'm gonna catch a game between the Raiders and the Titans. It's fucking Tank Bowl, dude. But the tickets online for it already are under one hundred dollars right in this big, beautiful new stadium the week of Christmas, where you think to yourself, it's probably going to be more expensive because people are going to be bringing, you know, relatives into town and hey, we're going to take you to the game. But people know that both of these fucking teams stink. So when I go to it, and I'm like, all right, Like you said, who am I going to root for for this? Which seem do I think is going to win? And I'm like, well, I just watched the whole Netflix series on quarterback if in the you know, the quarterback for the Titan seems like a good kid, so I'm going to root for him. Wow, just okay, all right, But that's what I'm saying. Like I watched the TV show and like I got an idea.
Speaker 1: I was looking at it, right, I figured most people would have watched how they've done over the year. Most people would have paid attention to how they got to that to that game they would have paid attention to their season. They would have looked at their athletes, the would have looked at their big plays, and then they would have made a decision based on the way they feel from that, not because somebody was in a fucking tuna fish commercial or some shit and they fucking made them laugh. Like I mean, I guess, I guess that's a reason as far as any other. I just thought there was a little bit more depth to it.
Speaker 2: You know, well that their seasons, both of these teams individually, their seasons are of no consequence to me as a New England fan. But there's really it doesn't play into anything Scott's saying that it's too much research.
Speaker 1: Dude, you go to you watch any of these games, especially in the playoffs and stuff, they give you an hour documentary before the game even starts on both teams.
Speaker 2: Like they really. I mean, it's not like the.
Speaker 1: Nineties and the eighties where it's like, oh, game starts at twelve, good luck, motherfucker, and it's like, who are these people now?
Speaker 2: They now they give.
Speaker 1: You backgrounds and personal stories and all you know, his Grandma's going to be at the game. It's their first game to see him since he was in college. Like, it's just it's just tons of this conjecture and so it's like, I can understand making up your your feelings based upon the history of one team or another from what you watched before the game. It's just I don't know. I guess I thought it was going to be a little bit more well thought out and boxing same same thing. I'm sure a lot of other combat sports can fall in that too, you know, with UFC and such.
Speaker 2: But man, this is this also once again goes back to them showing video packages and explaining to people and all that shit that's wrestling stuff. That's all what like once again, like when people are like, oh, where do they get this idea from? How does this happen? It's fucking wrestling. When you're watching shit even like you know, I hate to bring it up, you're watching political shit, it's wrestling theater. A lot of it is that now. It's all shit that if you put a fucking Titan tron behind you'd be like, all right, that makes sense. You know, people at Entrance Music, you'd be like, all right, I get it. I see what you're going for. Like, so when wrestling like this has always been a frustrating thing for me. And aside from that little reprieve that we got that in between time with you know, Cody and you know, WWE heating up a little get a bit a bit again for those two years when Vince left for a bit. You know, I still think Vince might be somewhat involved, but that's my own little conspiracy theory. But it's because that was a time where wrestling was doing the shit that it did well and didn't just let everyone steal all their shit, and then they didn't use it, do you know what I mean? Like it's like you they invented all this stuff, or they incorporated it into their own business, and then over time, Vince McMahon and advertisers and the people involved in it, and you know, Stephanie, let's be real, they were all like, man, let's not use that. And then all these other plates, like the UFC was like, fuck it, we'll use it, we'll take it, We'll do all your shit, and all like other places used all of the wrestling fucking tropes and their business models and their promotional tactics, and ww WE was like, no, we don't need that, No, thanks, no, we don't want any of that. And now they're kind of back to that shit again, right, and it's it's the weirdo corporatization, the overly corporate fucking mess. And you're right, like, this has been a week for a lot of the old timers saying shit and putting it in its place. Stevie Richards this week he was even saying on his show, he was like, yeah, the Roman reigns and Seth Ronald saying I don't get it. I'm like, thank god, thank god, people are finally starting to save the shit once again that we've said for ten years. It's nice.
Speaker 1: RVD went on. RVD, of all people who I thought would be a huge proponent for a lot of the flippy guys and stuff, kind of kind of came out about it him. He was on us and he's Salcido's show, and he said, you know, when I see a move like that, and I guess he was talking about like a flipping plancha or whatever the fuck it was high dive to a cannonball. I see a move like that, I'm impressed and I think, holy crap, that's great moment. Take your bower, connect with the crowd. There are so many gymnasts now that are taking it to a whole different level, doing one and a half or a double shooting star press with a twist and all that stuff. It's amazing and I love seeing that. But for me, it's too much of seeing everybody do everyone else's moves. It seems like there have to be three rkos in every single match and two Oklahoma Destroyers or whatever that one move is called. It just seems like that move isn't even special anymore, and the people still pop and that's why they do it, because they're just going for the pop now. But for me, when I see it, just because of my position in the business, I guess I'm not looking at it as a fan because I'm not. It doesn't strike a happy chord with me. It's like, dude, that's the eighth one I've seen tonight. How can someone ever have that as a finishing move if every single person on the card does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I mean. This all is basic shit at RVD saying this to people out loud.
Speaker 1: About flying moves too, that's what's mind blowing. I mean, here's a guy who who inspired probably a majority of these people out there today, and he's someone saying, you guys got to ease off the gas a little bit.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing is is if you go back and watch Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn right a match that was considered a spot fester series of matches, you know, that's what they were called by the purists in the late nineties and early two thousands. There's like maybe one dive or two to the outside and if that, and there are big moments in the match about changing the tie and the speed and the pace of the match and who's in control of it and the direction of it. So when he's like, you know, oh, I inspired all these high flying people and then he watches them do it and they're just like bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing big big bing bing bing, Like to him, that's whoa what the fuck? Right? Right? You know what I mean? Like I could completely see that and have him go, wait a second, do you know how much like I think about like the RVD giant fucking flipping Blanche on the outside to bam bam bigelow, just that shot, that crazy wide shot that was all over television for Easter w for years now. Fucking guy would do that, stand back up, go over and do it again right now? He'd be like he did that once. I gotta keep doing it. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Keep putting this on the wrestlers or do we put this on like I don't know the staff that are supposed to be in control of these matches to them, I mean, shouldn't they should be putting these matches together? But like, shouldn't you have people like an RVD going Jesus Christ? Derby, how about you? How about you not do twelve of those tonight?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that we've known this for closer to a decade now. That's Aw's whole thing is more and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if it happens in AW, it's not like they can go anywhere else and do the same stick.
Speaker 2: Right pretty much? Yeah, I mean that's okay. Yeah, well no, no, but I'm saying like they could go on y indies and stuff.
Speaker 1: But ww yeah, I guess if they're going to a garden show, sure, yeah, it doesn't matter. I don't mean MSG, I mean Nana's garden. But but if they were to like Triple A or something like, would they be able to be would Darby Allen be able to Darby Allen all Over triple A.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably, but also at the same time, you're also talking about a form of wrestling that is very you know, high flying and crazy. Well what's his name? Fucking Vikingo Bajingo? That what he fucking did? Remember him before he he got Yeah, he got hurt. Can you believe it? Yeah? It's big. Yeah, I lost my smile. I lost it. No, no smile, uh no, But that's he got fucking hurt. Well, like no ship Like it sucks. I feel bad for the guy because I think he screwed up his name. But it's like, you know, someone falls out of a canoe and hits water. Duh. It's it's seemingly inevitable for the way that that guy did all of the ship. But yeah, outside of moving away from the aw style of wrestling, the main events of w WE at this point it's just spamming finishers. It's not even man.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know what, the one thing I will give graces on ae W four, even with their their silly spotfest man matches, is that at least at least it's enough of a difference where they bombard you with sheer amounts right, there's just a since there's just an insane level of moves happening in a match in aw With WWE, it feels like a lot of them are wrestling the exact same match and I don't mean necessarily the same as each other, although sometimes, but the same match that they had last week and the week prior and the week prior to that, and it feels like they've almost fallen into their own I guess they just their own niche of a style of wrestling that they don't even evolve from, if anything, they've devolved. Look at guys, and I hate to bring them up, but I used to really really cheer for the guy Damien Priest, a very innative cat. When he first came in, obviously with the bad Bunny stuff and the early Judgment day stuff, he was trying to at least put personality in his moves. Now it's just generic Big Guy number three.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just and and you don't you don't ever want to say to somebody, I understand why you're not trying at your job, but you do really just playing sometimes, especially in wrestling, with the way that it does beat people down. Man, it does make you fucking tired like you just is.
Speaker 1: He's tired and injured. I mean, because that's another thing that's been happening a lot more on WWE too.
Speaker 2: Physically and mentally probably, I mean, and and let's not also let's also not forget for some people get paid for a few years and you're looking at your bank account. He's saying to yourself, Oh, so I can get away with this amount of work and they're just gonna keep on paying menush, No, they won't.
Speaker 1: The fucking t K will pull you up tomorrow and go, hey, uh, we noticed you're not wrestling as much. Would you take half of the contract.
Speaker 2: But if you're Damian Priest and they signed you, let's say, to a million dollar fucking contract or a seven hundred fifty thousand dollars contract, you might look at him and say, sure, boss, and then you don't do anything, you know what I mean? Like, which that's it is, like you got to think about the mindset of some of these people. Damian Priest was like a fucking fat por Puerto Rican kid from the Bronx, and they're like, oh man, we're really gonna put the boots to you and only pay you three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, and he's like, oh, no, more time with more time with my smoking hot Cuban girlfriend than I make three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. Oh this fucking stinks. Oh what a shit life. And it's like this, most of the people this guy probably knows in his personal life work at a fucking tea mobile, work at the bank, or security guards at the fucking wherever. You know, like he's probably looking at it going what a life. And yeah, he probably came in like hell yeah, guns and blazing, doing creative shit, coming up with new ideas. He got a big ass push and then they were like they they forgot about Dre and he was like, all right, you want to forget about Drey, I'm just gonna be over here making beats by myself.
Speaker 1: And I know five is right. He's saying that he's been taking a lot of side jobs as well. He's in the new Marvel Rivals characters coming out tomorrow, So I mean really, but I mean that's just another one of those things, right, Like that's more just TKO marketing, that's more just WWE marketing. How much does he have how well is he involved in Marvel Rifles. You know, it's not next time. It's not like he's doing the Cody or the Roman thing where they have to be on screen and somebody has to like do Cody's hair for two hours.
Speaker 2: You know it. Work is work, work is work, right, And dude, you know this as well as I do. I mean obviously, and you clearly have the much better voice for it. Like imagine getting into something and they were like, hey, you want to voice this character on this thing? Fuck, yeah, sounds good to me. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I had a couple options back in the day when when Steam was a little less populated, there were there were a little video game indie companies that were looking for voices and ship I actually tried for the Warhammer series back in the day, but I lost out to a smoking hobby So.
Speaker 2: Well, that's well, come on now could I couldn't blame them, but you know, yeah, come on now, it's the fucking Patrick sways just finally, fucking Chip and why would you pick down? But you're a much better dancer. But that's like, dude. Also at the same time, yeah, if you can get in and get any sort of relation whatsoever, and you know, find the gig, find a spot. A lot of guys are making money, and I'm probably I always feel like I'm saying this wrong. The mo cab whatever it is for the video games, is that what it's called. Like a lot of those dudes, the old WWF fucking guys, Jimmy Wang Gang and Brian Myers and those dudes, they were making themselves a nice little penny off. Hey, I don't even got to wrestle. I just got to come in here and do a put on this weird fucking suit with light bulbs and do fake power bombs. All right, I can better do that. Yeah, there's always something that you can find spun off of the world of WWE now, but you have to actually either be very lucky or very talented, you know. But that's it is, Like there's a lot of those people that are gonna come and go or they're gonna get this big level of success. But once again, it's all gonna come back to the Samoans and Seth. It's gonna always come back to the Samoans and Seth. Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know, the high flying moods. I'm pretty sure that they're not doing well.
Speaker 2: I mean the money and the jobs. The money and the job is going to come back to them. But the high flying shit, like like when Rob van Dam has to lect you and say, you guys are doing a little too much, Like, well, that was Rob van Dam's whole thing. People told him for years, you know, you're a wild and crazy guy. And I'm sure the guys that are who are now my age would still say this thing. The business evolves main it's it's grown dude. It's like it's grown into what a fucking a vehicle for people to put ads over and some random rich kid to live out its fucking autistic fantasies. It's all that's what it's grown up.
Speaker 1: It's not all negative. The evolution of wrestling isn't It's necessary. The evolution of everything is necessary in order to prevent it from complete death. I think that I just wish there was a little bit more of an attachment to the way things used to be as opposed to the way they are now. It's almost like the fuck you has gotten boring. Like the fuck you was really popular in the two thousands with your your high flying and your death matches and shit, the fuck you was real popular. It was like, ah, you like that eighties shit, fuck you, We're gonna go jump off a building. I'm sick, Nick Mondo, fuck you. It's like, okay, great, and that was fun to launch for a little while. But it's like the evolution of that has turned into what we see today, and it almost feels like there's not much left from that eighties mentality, that nineties mentality of wrestling. So I'm not against the idea of the evolution of wrestling. I just I guess I just wish they held on to a little bit more than they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it's too People will tell you everything's a circle, right, everything is cyclical, you know, like, okay, sure, fair enough. But then what you can also remember is, yeah, everything's a circle. But some times also things just fucking die. They just go away and you never hear about him again, and you don't even think about it, and you go, humhm. Someone mentions it to you and you go, oh, yeah, I didn't, I didn't even think of that. That's that's pretty crazy. And that's one of the scarier things about wrestling, is it sure feels like you're saying here, there were a lot of things that were synonymous with wrestling. That just they're just gone, and we don't know where they went, and we don't know if anybody's going to try to bring them back, and we don't know if anyone's gonna even bother to. Earlier today, I was talking to a buddy of mine who I graduated from, or graduated from, graduated with, not graduated from, but he was telling me, He's like, do you remember that fucking remember Nelly? Remember the rapper Nelly? Nelly sold I think it was something like sixteen million records because in my senior year of high school, he had like a fucking stranglehold on music, like everywhere you went. That's like that summer of me being a senior, that album and his songs were everywhere. Now, I don't think that guy could sell out a fucking Arby's. So sometimes things get gigantic and then they just disappear. And with wrestling, yeah, you look at it and you go, what about all these tropes and these characters and these things that were successful, and he used to be people would pick and choose and steal from them and evolve and make different characters from it. I don't even think that's happening any It's just we find something or the corporal fucking mindset find something they like, and they run that person deep into the fucking ground until I don't. I don't think it ever fucking stops for some of these dudes. I think I seen I had to legitimately escape in the night. It almost feels like that he would still be on that if he did not say I don't want to wrestle anymore. Even in his fucking beat ass state, they still have him on television. Well you know, you.
Speaker 1: Talk about that, and I mean, I may as well talk about the other retirement that we haven't really given too much of attention to. But brock Lesnar was officially uh put on his wrestling tight for the last time, and he was on pat show earlier in the week. He said, you know, I'm here today to do this interview to let the world everybody know that I am retired, and I wanted to say a big thank you to everybody. When Oba slammed me at WrestleMania, I was like, I cannot do this again. I think I'm done, and I still had some left in the tank. But Saturday, for brock Lesner, that's it. That's it for me in the squared circle. I just want to give him a shout out to everybody in the universe. It's followed me since I was a little kid, all the way until Saturday. I was just a farm kid from South Dakota with a big dream, the big heart, and a big ass chip on my shoulder. And I'm just grateful, grateful to be forty nine years old and have been able to do what I did in this lifetime. And thank God everybody that supported me. I want to thank my coaches. I want to think especially to say the little kid, I was just a farm a farm kid with a bunch of lints in my pocket, and I had big dreams and I just worked. I think a lot of people nowadays with social media platforms athletes for doing things that they don't leave out the hard work.
Speaker 2: It's just kids.
Speaker 1: Stay focused on work and putting the time in and good things will have And as far as the future, I just want to heal up and relax.
Speaker 2: So I like, shit, he's riches.
Speaker 1: You go home and relax, dude, you go step up my tie. But I mean there's another one. You're talking about retirement, right, and obviously John Cena, they man, and they tried to give John sena the big fairweay wow, they did, and WWE failed on it on multiple levels.
Speaker 2: We go back to the weird.
Speaker 1: Heel turn and everything with the Travis, etc. Like all of that kind of fell apart, and then they fixed it at the last minute, and it just seemed like it was a problem, you know, like the way that John Cena finally retired out was a long time coming, and it felt like WWE made mistakes at every single point of doing it. I know you were saying that he's leaving like a thief in the night. Dude, he left like a fucking trunk Santa Claus out the front door. You know, It's just it was the exact opposite in my mind. But here you have brock Lesner. Brock Lesner, another guy that you would have expected WW to suck his dick for years, talking about this is going to be his last man, Jesus Christ. Paul Hayman is his Lord and fucking speaker or whatever he says. Goddamn Barker. And they really kept this on the downlow. And I know that he technically retired at Russell, but they brought him back in because he's still had contract dates to fulfill, which seemed like.
Speaker 2: A bullshit move.
Speaker 1: Just just give him the freebies, let him, let him walk. But they didn't. They wanted him to do this at Summer Slam, and that's fine, but I felt like this is another one of those cases that I don't think anybody was even certain that brock Lesni was going to retire at Summer Slam. I'm still in a weird state, Joe. I don't know if I believe him that he's retired.
Speaker 2: I think the obviously we're seeing it in the chat. Dasadi's are probably gonna off from the bag and he's gonna he's gonna struggle to decide to take it or not or whatever. I mean. I I still think that had they even made an effort to build up a lot of different guys beforehand, they could have had brock do a couple of tag matches and retired him that way or something along those lines. And I know somebody would say, that's crazy, You're gonna have brock Lesnar retired. Well, brock Lessners doesn't fucking wrestle tag matches, so that at least makes it unique, you know, like whatever, it might be. Now with that said, if I found out that Thesadi said, hey, Oba, Femi and brock Lesner are gonna team to be, I don't know whoever the fuck has no chance in that match, right, Like I would say, all right, I could see them paying him a big bucket of fucking money to do that, and it probably wouldn't be a terrible way for him to go. And but it's still very strange to me now. And it's why I also can see why you would think, hey, he might come back. Wwe could have thrown a step on this and had it been you know, h yeah, you want to wrestle the Oba again or whatever, blah blah blah, brock Lesner, you know, if I lose Oba can I'll fuck it, never wrestle again or whatever. But they're never gonna do something like that, because like we're saying, what if Prince Sali Boba says I'm going to give him fucking three million dollars to wrestle for three minutes, He's got to show up and wrestle for three minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but would that even matter? It doesn't it feel like that. Let me ask you this too, and I guess This kind of goes to the storyline aspect of WWE. But when Vince McMahon was gone and Triple H took over, didn't it kind of feel like all the old rules applied by Vince McMahon were no longer applied underneath the Triple H regime. And now that we're underneath the Triple H regime or arguably the TKO regime. If Saudi Arabia when they do buy WWE, do you think that the fans will pay attention to the rules set by the Triple HTKO regime underneath Saudi Arabia's rules or do you think it'll just be clean as slate? You want to bring Brockleisner back, No problem, We understand it's money.
Speaker 2: I think the fans know that at this point too. And the people that are left watching WWE, let's be let's be real, all right, WWE can just pry their mouth open and pissing it and they'll say, thank you, Sarah, can I have another We've gathered? That's who it's left. You know, the whole thing with Bischoff and uh Conrad and them saying the whole spiel about Roman rate. John sent me a message He's like, I'm taking a fucking bath on Twitter because I reposted that and was like, well yeah, basically like he was just agreeing with them, and I said to him, I go, well, yeah, man, I go, who do you think is fucking left? The people that are left for wrestling fans on Twitter? Still talking to ship, You're gonna end up with the really cuckoo crazy a W people and the really cuckoo crazy w W pop. Yeah extremists, it really is, yes, Like, do you think there's just regular people. There's probably people lurking and reading. Maybe there's some normal fans that are like you ruh Bailey who are like you look you look hot, so and so there's probably those people, some of them. But the people that are having like discourse, do you think they're fucking normal human beings anymore that are really into big ideas or different point of view?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I'd like to think that people aren't that fucking pig headed, that they can at least enjoy different avenues of their own products, you know. But no, I but you also know there's like a lot of you know, fucking fake keyboard warriors too, people that say shit that they don't mean. You know, they call hard asses on Twitter, but in the real world, if you were to confront them, it would be a completely different story, or at least it'd be a lot more malleable. You know, it'd be a lot easier to converse with somebody or disagree with them in person as opposed to on Twitter or acts.
Speaker 2: Oh no, believe me. I don't think there's any true blue Roman rangee hottis that are I mean, are showing up to your house with a knife and a bomb, because heys, they're just they're just waiting at your door with one of those strangers masks and a fucking chili pepper follen necklace, just like just a giant black circle with a clock on it, one of those fucking nineteen fifties alarm clocks. I heard that you said something bad about the Boogeyman on Twitter. I'm here to I'm here to get you like, oh my god, oh god.
Speaker 1: You know when speaking of Boogeyman, it immediately throws me to did you see Malachi Black's new look? Oh no, he shaved it. He shaved it off, he got rid of the hair, he gave it up. Yeah, he actually means he looks like fucking Ed Norton from American History. Now, man, he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but bro, his fucking he was starting to look like Goro. It was real bad man, He's like his his bonytail was regressively there.
Speaker 1: It is black teeth, throw it up. It was fucking American History us guy Ed Norton, right.
Speaker 2: I mean I would be I would be a little bit worried, uh to be in line with him if I was a person of color. But you know, I mean, that's that's what happens when you got tattoos all over your fucking head and ship too, and.
Speaker 1: What a great way to reinvent yourself too, you know, I mean, I know, I know his wife is going goth girl, which is a totally new avenue. Guys, nobody's ever done that before. But you know, he's he's looking like a fucking psychopath if he showed up in uh t Na.
Speaker 2: You know this is But you know, I at this point, and I've been a fan of the guy and thought he was lot better than he was ever given fucking a fair shake. It's got to be a personality, it has to be.
Speaker 1: And they split them. I mean, it was a personality point to the point that they were both working a different company, So what.
Speaker 2: Else can you do.
Speaker 1: It's not like, oh, it's a couple's thing, because we know the toxic couples. You know, when they're together, they're just fucking awful, But when they're by themselves are great. Good people love them individually, just not together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll you'll go out to dinner with one of them, but you're not going on a vacation. You're not taking a weekend with them, you know what I mean exactly, Yes, that sounds miserable, but I but honestly, I don't even know if with her, if it's a personality thing, Like I know she had her whole drama when she made her twitch stream or whatever and WW so long ago now, but it was copyright bullshit anyways, you know, Like yeah, but I also think about that where the wall is inevitable when you're a wrestler, that her ceiling is as low, and it's not because she's short. She was one hundred She was like one hundred pound, four foot eleven, pretty girl. And how many years are you going to do? Like wrestling is gonna find a spot for you, but it might not always be a spot on the biggest wrestling show in the world, do you know what I mean? Like, there's no doubt in my mind you could take a girl that looks like Zeleena Vega or whatever fuck she's calling herself now, and she could be booked on wrestling shows on a Friday Saturday across this fucking country. Yeah, make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Probably not, but you know, Big Daddy threw it up there. I know you heart Stephanieve occur as far as the Latin girls go, but I'd say Selena Vega's hotter than Stephanie.
Speaker 2: For her, I beg to different, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Understand, I'm just respectably saying as far as Latin girls go, I would I would put Selena Vega a head of the line. She would get her first choice of porridge.
Speaker 2: Got to keep her thick. No, but dude, this is this is also we're in a Instagram TikTok, which, by the way, like me even putting them in an order of that is revealing my age, uh TikTok whatever. You know, this idea of just oh my god, it's a really good looking girl with like a good body. It's like, yeah, we've a lot of those man like they're they're out there and a lot of them are making money. Just like here I am eating a scone. Boy, oh boy, it's a scone all right? Can I have some more money please? And people are like, oh yeah, absolutely, there's money for you eating a scone. So let's not pretend the wrestling world isn't also aware of this. And by that I mean the people that make us should you know, that make all this money and give themselves bonuses. They look at somebody and just go, well, you're pretty and you can wrestle well enough. But we can find more of that, you know, we got plenty of access to that and do And is it shitty? Because obviously I want people to be treated well and like human beings. But if you wanted to be treated well and like a human being, wrestling is probably not one of the top fifty businesses you'd want to pick, you know now though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you were saying that ninety five, sure, But now wrestling is I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not gonna get you're not gonna get your fucking leg broken for you know, like it's not like it was to that extent, but still at the same time, like the kids that go into the performance center full of piss and vinegar. They are like, well, I'm in good shape, but I can do a fucking front flip. It's like, all right, I get line man, and it's just yeah, yeah, we got we got that. We got plenty of that. You need more, Like we're currently ignoring l A. Knight right now, What the fuck are we gonna do with a twenty year old kid that can't talk. There weighs one hundred and seventy pounds and it's wrestled for three weeks.
Speaker 1: They're bringing up all the ice now too. I mean, as far as the Latina element. I know we were talking about that, and you're talking about the kids and girls that look good and that can wrestle. But apparently from NXT she's coming up this week to the main roster.
Speaker 2: So now they got to give they gotta give somebody a chance. I mean, really, they they got to start moving some of these women around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the women's division needs it right now. It feels like it's a little shallow obviously. You know, Ria Ripley's talking about maybe she'll be back sooner than later, depending on how she heals from injury. If they have to go in for full surgery. If they're just going to shave off the meniscus.
Speaker 2: I think she went in for surgery. I think that she just announced that. I thought they.
Speaker 1: Were just shaving it. I thought they were just shaving it. So that's the difference, right, Like I guess if she goes in for a full repair, it'll be like eight to nine months of recovery again, But if they just shave it down, it'll be like four to eight weeks.
Speaker 2: So anything that's anything with knees and ligaments and that type of shit, it's gonna take you a while. It's gonna take you six months, gonna take you nine months. And the stability. Like the reason why I'm talking like this is because anybody who's listening the wrong time knows I've dealt with a lot of nies shit and I've gone and done the surgeries. It sucks, it's it's not fun. But also like for people that are real athletes, like I'm clearly not a fucking for your ripley, I'm not a football player, none of that shit, But like, it does change your body composition, it does change it changes your walk, changes your stride, it changes the lot to have those types of ligament repairs or serious issues with your actual fucking tele mc l A C l pcl ACL obviously being the one that will really fuck your day up. But this idea of even her being like I want to come back for you know, eight weeks or whatever. It's like, lady, don't risk fucking yourself up even more for what September pro wrestling and carry yourself. Yeah, but it's the same thing as as everybody else. You know, They're like, we need you back. We can't.
Speaker 1: We can't leave this title on Chelsea.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: He's fucking awful. We need Ria, you need to come back this. We would have fired her by now, but there's nobody to replace her. Like that's how bad it is.
Speaker 2: You know. They desperately need they desperately need girls with personalities.
Speaker 1: I I understand that, but that's not how they looked at it. Like if that was the case, if personality meant something, then l A. Knight would have been champion this whole fucking time. Joe, Yeah, I still you know what.
Speaker 2: Similarly, like I said about Alistair Black, I I gotta believe that something's up with La and I I gotta believe that more than just like and we make jokes about it, how they just love shitting on him. What did he do to these people? There's gotta be more to this.
Speaker 1: I think he's just too crazy. I think him and his wife are just actually creepy people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh no, I thought you were talking about black and uh, I'm likely not even married. Sorry. His poor wife is just like this blonde girl that's Lena Vega.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, because because they kept getting bounced around from different companies too, and you're like, oh, it's a personality thing with them, and it's like, oh okay, well.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think it could be for both of them, like I are all three of them at all? Like, yeah, well that's that's it is. And you said it I think, like maybe a couple of weeks ago, and I'd heard it before, but I just didn't resonate whatever just didn't stick out to me. It's like being better at your boss than you are at your job. Yeah, I mean that is who seth Rollins is clearly sure, you know, like if if you haven't put together by now, that clearly seth Rollins is doing something to retain this level of fucking just absolute love and adoration, and dare I even say just? I mean, Triple H is kind of he's kind of fucking choke it on it. Let's be real. Yeah, like this is like a music let's be it's a mutual sixty nine. But it's a little much, and it's been a little much for a long time. And it's more than likely because Seth makes Triple H feel good and like a big smart boy and that he's so great and respected and as because otherwise.
Speaker 1: That's not even a new thing. Oh, somebody's sucking up to the boss. No way, Oh, why would anybody ever do that?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's awful. Apparently he's really good at it. I mean he's we can make fun of Steph for Steph Seth, for his stupid outfits and his fuckingulat matches. Death. It's like death and Seth Steth. Yeah, Steph Rollins. Uh No, it's almost better to call him, oh mash, that might have been afraid of a slip on my part. Yeah, he is Steph Rollins. He's his other wise's wife. Maybe that's his girl, that's his baby. You know what I mean, Honey, you don't take me out anywhere anymore. I'm sorry, it's been busy at work. Have you been writing for me again?
Speaker 1: And Roman and all those guys don't even have to kiss up because they've got the Samoan bloodline.
Speaker 2: Oh people, they they're just inevitable, like it's just been decided that they're forever.
Speaker 1: They're fucking termite infestation. You just you either got to blow out the fucking walls or just deal with them, you know.
Speaker 2: So, I think, what's his name, j C. Matteo or fucking Jeff Cobby? What did they what happened? Did he get a cat like fucking jerking off in the hallway or something? How did he get fired? Corn Cob? I don't know. I mean, really, when you think about it, for them to fire a Samoan, they must have committed a war crime, Like I don't know what the fuck that how that came to pass.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think that there's a Samoan cap and in order for them to bring in news, they gotta let old Simoans go. So it's like an NFL cap, like a salary cap, buts you know.
Speaker 2: You have to be sacrificed to the to the wicker man or something is that it is. Yeah, you gotta be fed to some sort of goblin that lives in the lives in a lighthouse. I don't know, man, Just go with the woods, the best angles out there, all right, go out there, Jeff, be free, Be free, Jeff. That that's right. Go on Rikishi's podcast. There you go. It's uh, gosh, why did you say I needed to be what is the smothered in honey? And I'm a little confused. Oh, no reason, Jeff, Yeah, we're definitely not. I was listening to some OF's podcasts too.
Speaker 1: He's another older guy going on a little bit of a tangent. But there was a clip that I that I caught where they were talking about how does Rakishi feel about fan interactions in twenty twenty six? And he's like, oh, brother, Uh, they always they always want to talk about the old days.
Speaker 2: They always want to talk about about my man, ask about exact just want to ask about the US. Oh whoo, who was my favorite person to stick my ass in that face?
Speaker 1: But uh, And it's like I'm just laughing because he's saying this, he's delivering this, but there's almost like the life is slipping, the life force is slipping through his dialogue like he's dying as he says this, and his co host was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah fans. Fans love to hear about what it was like to to smash your ass in Vince McMahon's face. He's like, oh yeah, brother, they.
Speaker 2: Cold Steve Boston and the Rock. Yeah, they that's what they want to know about with you, dude, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Sometimes they'll pull out they'll pull out pictures of that time that we were at waffle house, and I'd be like, oh, yeah, I remember that brought out, but.
Speaker 2: That's quite Literally somebody walking up to Horace Grant and being like, why do they keep asking me about Michael Jordan. It's like, what the fuck else are they going to talk to you about, dude? Your geopolitical hues? Where's the Hornes Grand rap album? Mask? Fuck Horse? Grant? I just looked up your Wikipedia. It says here in two thousand and three, your mece graduated as a nurse. How was she doing?
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, they don't bring up his kids.
Speaker 2: He didn't bring that up. Oh how are your kids doing? What?
Speaker 1: What's it like to see your kids on tv? Every like that wasn't one of the things that he brought up for fan interaction. It was all memories. It's all leave the memories alone. It's really depressing to listen to him sometimes, like it comes off as his positive podcast, like, oh, we're all here having a good time. It's for the old timers. But if you really listen to one of those Rakishi podcasts, it's just.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a little depressing. Then it's a little end of the row.
Speaker 2: It should be. It should be depressing. There is something they always want to ask me about what happened in the nineties. It's like, quite literally, that's the most important, interesting part of your entire life. Right they don't know you personally, And like I said, the other question would be, hey, your sons are awesome, man, are like they're cool. I really love what they're doing on television. Right by the way, By the way, isn't that basically what every interaction you're going to have with people that you barely know or barely knew at one point, Like I was talking about my buddy from from high school. It's like, yeah, I keep up with them, you know, pretty regularly. But if I went to a fucking reunion. What are they gonna talk to me about other than some shit I did in nineteen ninety eight or my family.
Speaker 1: It's different when you're a public figure, though a lot of his life is public, so if people wanted to look, they could find out random things about Rakishi that just aren't publicly or just aren't commonly now, you know what I mean. It's not like you're looking up some dude from high school on Facebook, you know.
Speaker 2: It's I mean just in general, like, what kind of a conversation are you going to have other than all nostalgia and baseline shit? Yeah, wrestling, and he's also into what football too, so yeah, I mean yeah, I keep thinking all yeah, I keep thinking of that that kid that does the character Mateo. I think that's where like just puts the phone in front of him and just reads offensive questions and people like just walk up to Rakishi and it's like, Rikisha, what is it like for both of your sons to be way more successful than you've ever been? We're also not getting fat? Right? And then he's like, you know I have a third son, yes, but he got fat. Like that's like, that's that's just what it feels like to be like, what do you what else do you think they're gonna bring up? That's what it is, man like, that's what you're known for. That's who you're gonna be for the rest of your fucking life. And once again being the guy that fell off the hell in the cell because the Undertaker choke slam you off of it. It is a lot better than what most people in wrestling are gonna get remembered. For sure, was it great that you were to ask guy with the you know, the fucking but you he exits smashing it into people's face. No, probably not the best.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's hilarious. Come on, we all enjoyed that back in the day, man, woman child, It didn't matter. Everybody got a faithful ass.
Speaker 2: Everybody was cheering for the giant to moment bum So everybody was cheering. And by the way, not that I'm saying. You know, he was dressed that way and he was asking for it, But the fuck else do you think people were going to he knew what he was doing with that ass hanging out? What else are people are going to talk about him having a giant ass? I know, but.
Speaker 1: We've actually brought him up in a couple of conversations over the last month where he could have been a positive asset to the USOS. So it's not as if the idea train doesn't exist for making Rakishi a viable thing in WWE in twenty twenty six, but it relies on a creative that, uh, that's a little bit more forward thinking than the AI that they're using now.
Speaker 2: So right, but yeah, that once again, also though what I've known about him personality wise, juice isn't worth the squeeze. I don't want to put up with them. I don't want to put up with them. And that's a big part of it too, Like sometimes you go, how did this person get this gig? Why are they continuing to do this personality and they get along with people? Are they going to be fucking shady? He She's known for being a little bit shady, all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So one of the other things coming up is Roman Reins is going to Triple A. Right, we talked a little bit about Oh, actually we didn't. I think we were talking about that with Dan and they're going to run the tournament and Roman Rains is going to have a match in Triple A, and I guess there's a WWE has kind of come forward, but the initial response was, Oh, it's going to be Rowan Rains versus El Grande Americano Big Heiser.
Speaker 2: But apparently WWE reached out and said, no, that's not it. Sorry, No, I mean that would be a that would be a great way to immediately kill any of the momentum you have built behind this guys. Have Roman Reigns come in and just run him through his ass cheeks?
Speaker 1: Am I a little dark for wanting that exact thing to happen?
Speaker 2: And yes, yes, well shit, I would you want to the poor guys.
Speaker 1: I just want Roman Reigns to be hated internationally. And I think if you take one of the few good things that WWE has produced for an international audience and just have Roman Reigns wipe his dirty toilet paper all over it, I think I think we can you know what, we can start to heal. We could start to heal between the Americans and the Mexicans. We can start to heal with our hatred of Roman Reigns.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, the Americans have clearly been way too nice to the Mexicans for the past couple of years years. That's we really need to put them back in their place.
Speaker 1: If we have a unified enemy in the Samoans rise, come on.
Speaker 2: Ah, there you go. It's the American way.
Speaker 3: The Mexicans are they're looking there like, wait a second, we know this game.
Speaker 2: Dah ship shut ship. They got us, they got us. It's not us that have fucked your wrestling up.
Speaker 1: Its now we just gotta go back to Canada and have Sammy lose three more times the Roman reigns, and then we can get Canada on board.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know how fucking funny that would be for like, yeah, we're gonna get every other every other part in North America to make Roman reigns a heel. And of course we would still stubbornly be like, no, Roman's cool, it's awesome. Go was like, no, he's a fucking asshole and he does asshole things. And Canada's like, yoh, he's an asshole Lake They were like, no, No, he's cool. He's a chief, he's cool, he's the best, no rules, don't you isn't it cool? Isn't it cool? The way that he treats everyone like dog shit, that's cool. We like cool guys who are terrible to everyone and underperform at everything they're asked to do. Always no, no, no, no, no. Canada and Mexico does have it wrong. They just don't know that Roman is just awesome and smart. By the way, that whole thing with Bischoff and Conrad still still them doing that and finally somebody putting that into the ether. Roman Reigns is the most overrated and overpushed fucking main event pro wrestler of all time. Do you know how much it pains me, like into my deep, into my soul, if there is such a thing. They have to say thank you to Conrad Thompson for saying that. Do you know how bad that hurts mynd? I See, I wouldn't even do that. I would not even do that. I would reverse that reverse Uno card that shit, and just look at how miserable, how miserable everything is becoming when the people you disagree with the most are on the same wavelength as you. Yeah, they're even putting it together at.
Speaker 1: This That's what it is. It's not oh he came up with a bright idea. No, it's just so bad. It's undeniably bad.
Speaker 2: It's so obvious that yeah, right, you're looking at it and you're going, oh, they finally got there, They finally got.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're gonna really realize how bad wrestling is. When Dave finally jumps off the AW train. Oh, I'm telling you, we're closer than you think. We are closer than you think. And I know Dave has been saying some silly shit. I've seen PWT talking about it, you know, but it's it's not it's not long for this world where AW and WWE unanimously have its fans turn on them. And sure there will always be the diehards. Of course, there's the diehards. There's the chair sniffers, the kool A drinkers, et cetera, et cetera, sickohs. But it's getting to the point now where I think people are sick of watching wrestling. Not because people don't enjoy wrestling, they don't enjoy this evolution of wrestling.
Speaker 2: Hm. I mean you could call it that, you could call it the evolution of it, But like I said, I think it's it's a two way straight. There's no medium bowl of forage. I always use that. It's like, once again, do you want complete garbage corpo swap that is like, you're just eating a stale peanut butter and jelly sandwich for fifteen years, Or do you want a rich kid's fucking weird little fever dream where it's the same exact shit as well over and over and over and over and over and over again, but it's just smaller, less well produced, and long as fuck. That's it. You're like, can I get somewhere in the middle there? And they're like, no, no, that's just not an option. Not an option. Can I get something that's like moderately well produced with some storytelling and some characters and people to to gravitate towards that are interesting and then bring in fresh characters and then you know, kind of reel back on once it aren't. They're like, no, that's stupid, that will never work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, just stick with Hugan and Nash and Haul and.
Speaker 2: Well, well no. It was funny because I'm sure the people with Bischoff that are saying, oh, Bischoff can't say anything because he was pushing fucking Hulk Hogan for twenty five s three fucking years. At least in Hogan's first X amount of years, he was over, Yes, he was over in those Initially, it's difficult. It's difficult to.
Speaker 1: Take Bischoff pushing Hulk Hogan at anything but face value. And I mean that because he's his friend. I truly believe they were close friends. So it's difficult for me to ever believe that creatively Bischoff saw or didn't see the pitfalls that other people saw with Hogan. Creatively, he just chose to ignore them, or he chose not to say anything about them, because again, he was a writer, die friend. So whenever it comes to Bischoff's opinions of Hogan, ah like, you're not going to get him. It's kind of like with Jim Cornett and Sonny. It's real difficult to hear Jim Cornett say anything bad about Sonny. He has here and there, He's he's criticized some of her actions and rightfully so, but it's very difficult for him to do it because he holds her in such a high light because he was friends with her, you know, And it's just one of those scenarios when.
Speaker 2: And it also makes him sad because he barely cared, right of course, you know what I mean. Like, even like you said, with Hogan, I'm sure Bishoff knows him doing all the fucking N word ship everything. I'm sure he looks at Come on, manis is.
Speaker 1: Too fucking smart to be that oblivious?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's a choice. Yeah, it's a choice on his hand. And by the way, like everyone that's a friend to you, anybody that's had a friend that has done something creatively and you go, that was fucking bad, man, That shit was ringe whatever it was right, like, oh, your friend's in a terrible band, or you're in college and you're like, uh, but.
Speaker 1: Your friends started a terrible podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I really liked that part with all that silence. That was great. Thirty seconds at a time. Jesus, man, what are you gonna put on another episode? That's great? Can he not record again? That was great? That was my favorite episode. Yeah, shocked. So what happened? Oh you guys stopped making it after sixth episodes? Why it was so good? Uh? Oh yeah, like your friend that was like, oh the white rapper in college, You're like, oh, great, right, you know he's a nice kid, but you know, I'm not ready for his Wait a second eminem is an inspiration of yours, right, that's what you're dealing with with Bishoff and Hogan because he was somebody that he really felt that he was close to, was a front of his But now he's got to wear that bucket scarlet. H brother, he's gotta wear that for the rest of his god whenever he does, honestly, for whatever it's worth it. I think Bischoff doesn't mind. I mean, yeah, he's got plenty of money. He don't give a fuck, right.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. It is like so when it comes to other avenues that Bischoff talks about the industry, and I do try to pay close attention because I think on the outside perspective, especially when it comes to you know, how these companies make money, how these promotions make money. I think Bischoff understands that pretty intimately, whereas it's not really discussed about too much. And when when they're having conversations about the direction of WWE with Rowan Reigns getting over pushed or or being one of the you know, the most oversaturated wrestlers on TV, I mean, at what point do you not look at it and go, yeah, there's some there's some value to a conrad say yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was true, that was quite literally what happened. And I was once again talking to John about this earlier because he was taking a bath about fucking the green with these two guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were talking to him while he was taking a bath.
Speaker 2: Was well, rub a dub in the tub? I think I was asking what that rubber ducky was behind them on the scrub behind your ears, Josh, it's just uh yeah, And then he said, hah what Yeah, he's he's bad hairy guys. Uh well, Jude, I was watching that episode the Dark Side of the Ring, the Newest one right with Renegade Rio whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't watch that when I watched The boss Man one before that, but I haven't watched Rennega.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love the boss Man one. Then one was so good and so sad. Yeah, nicest, I feel like I should always. I always throw in this quick story when I talk about the boss Man where it's like I ran into him, or I worked on a show with him when I was a kid and I was video I was running the camera before I was arref and he was on the show. And you know, everybody's cleaning up, breaking down the ring, everybody's getting ready to leave, and Prince Albert was on the show too, because he's a local guy, and he came up to him and he's like, yeah, we're all going to the fucking Squire, which is a strip club right outside of Boston, you know. And I just remember boss Man kind of like looking at him and giving him like, you know, you know, giving him the fucking high five or whatever. He's giving a fist bump. Bar right, I'll catch up with you. And boss Man stood there and fucking signed and took pictures with like all of the kids that were still sitting there. Didn't ask for a dollar, but like it just I remember at that time and that story staying with me because I was pretty young man, I think maybe I was. I was seventeen eighteen round that, and watching him be so nice to kids at a time where a lot of the wrestlers, and you watched them, they weren't they had no reason to be nice, you know, like they didn't unless there's money involved. They weren't particularly good people. But he was. And that's my one big story that I remember with him, was him just being a good guy. But the Rio thing, the renegade shit, right, yeah, I'm I'm watching that, and I'm thinking to myself, I'm going it's funny because it ties into the whole chip of fishoff where this dude came in as like a bootleg fucking Ultimate Warrior that they were gonna push and push and push up to the fuck just we're gonna make him into the next giant, big fucking megastar. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. And within a certain period of time they said, people don't like this, this doesn't work. They stopped doing it. They decide they just decided, we're gonna humiliate the guy and rub the paint off his face and he's not going to be this character and screw it. And they kept bait on it. Right, what if they did that in years three of the Forever Roman Reigns push, when they realized that no one gave a fuck about him in the crowd for years? What if what if they decided to do that? And now I'm not sitting here saying that Roman Reins' life would have ended in a hailstorm of cocaine, tragedy and death, But I'm just saying that's usually where that sad story ends in wrestling. We brought you in. We pushed you way too much, way too soon, and you did not have the sauce to do it. And then the people that are booking it look at him and go, well, we fucked up. See later, there's the door. Roman Reigns got a ten year push eight or nine if I'm being you know, generous before he came up with the tribal chief shit or whatever, right yeah, or the you know, the bloodline shit. And they never stopped pushing him, and they never gave up on him. And they were a good half a dozen or so WrestleMania main events that were cheeks. They were pure fucking duke. They were bad with a capital beat. They never stopped giving that guy a push. And where'd you just thal's supposed to forget that? Everybody just whatever, No, none of that happened. Fucking men in black mind white pen. Nope, that never occurred. So yeah, Roman Rings is one of the biggest anomalies in the history of wrestling. Not because he's a guy that he's attached to the smashing success of the most popular error and the most money that has ever been made. No, it's because he's the only guy who could fail upwards for ten years, and that was allowed because nobody looked at him and said, this isn't working. You're not selling fucking merch, you're not drawing fans. People don't like this. They just let it happen.
Speaker 3: So the lure and the story and the you know whoa the bloodline, it's the greatest fucking storyline that ever happened, right, Sam Roberts, You forget the decade before for the people that were actually watching at that time, going peu, this sucks, and all of the people that that chased off, which.
Speaker 2: Was the creation or part of the big part of the creation of AW, whether people want to admit that or not. AW was able to help get started because people were like Vince McMahon's booking sucks and the show's unwatchable. And a big part of that reason was because he was forever pushed Roman reigns. Yeah, don't don't let that. Don't let that fall out of your fucking memory. I don't know what happened. I don't know how everyone forgot that. Maybe it's willfully, or maybe it's because the people that do remember it, that hated it so much just stop watching. Maybe that's maybe that's actually what happened. And that's I'm sorry for ranting for like five minutes too.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I mean that's exactly where we're at now though too. You know, like you look back at the day and now you look today, and how many people do you think will still be around by the time this gets bought up by Saudi Mania? How how how many people do you think will be left that will make the transition? And I'm I'm being serious. I know this is always a jokey question. It's like fantasy booking one o one. But if you were to guess if we're doing what are the numbers now?
Speaker 2: Total?
Speaker 1: Like four million a week? Four million views a week total with SmackDown and and raw and and maybe roughly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're combine all the ship, That's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, combining all the ship in a week like maybe about four million views? Right, how many people do you think will they'll retain when they go to Saudi how many views a week?
Speaker 2: I feel like this has gotta this is this has to be their bottom at this point, right, I mean I think that's.
Speaker 1: Low, that's the said, and I think by the time they get to Saudi I think there will be a lot of diehards that will finally bail on WWE at that point. That's why making that joke with you the other day too on Tuesday, I'm like, they're not going to go to a w These fans won't go to a WY. They probably won't even go to t and a TNA might get another another chance for for some of them. But I think a lot of the fans will go to Triple A. Triple A has steadily been doing better and better, putting on better shows, better talent, better storylines. Like It's just I don't know, but I think the majority of people will will dump WWE once TKO gives it up.
Speaker 2: Well, this is another part of ancient history that you don't hear people mention as much. But when WCW went off the air, millions of people stopped watching wrestling. Millions, millions, Yeah, because to them that was what wrestling was. It wasn't oh well that's off you, I'll just I'll just go watch the other thing.
Speaker 1: I think the competition was part of it though, too. Like at that point when WWE finally took over wcwwwe was not doing very well, like it was already starting to wind down, and we saw what the next four or five years of that shit was.
Speaker 2: So I think we were onto the right around the time of like the Corpse Sex. Really yeah, you're heading towards like JBL's big push.
Speaker 1: Now fuck dog food, Vince. I want to stick my tiny cock and some dog food.
Speaker 2: It's all right, dude. And meanwhile, the people that were watching w CW, even in the even in the Let's stup in ten, w CW was putting out fucking Shakespeare. But you gotta think the people that were left by then, they were watching you know, Evan courageous, Yeah, you know what I mean, like Harris and aj Styles and fucking Yeah, which was left Raven yeah yeah, which was still so so different than w w F at that time. But that's it. It's like this belief that people are just gonna Mark yeah, right, So I hope he goes to the invasion. That would be great. He wait a second, Mark chin Rack is gonna en shine O' hair. They're gonna go fight the New Age outlaws, like no, no one gave a fuck, No one fucking cared.
Speaker 1: They killed Chronic, though I think Chronic was ahead of their time. Chronic was ahead of their time. I'm sorry, Brian Clark, Bryan Adams. If they would have been around ten years later, they would have been the uh yeah, they'd have been fine.
Speaker 2: Well now they'd be serious, dangerous outlaws in Texas. I've gathered that would also they'd be bad naughty boys. Call them them sells. Chronic in twenty twenty the dirty rotten Scoundrels with oh no, filthy animals. Yeah. Yeah, well that was with Ray when he was overalls, right, yeah, which I mean that's all. Is that what you call?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he's wearing overalls, well even have a mask either he's wearing the goat horns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, by the way, like now when I see like Domo wear the fucking overalls backstage and I'm like, I see you, I see I know what you're doing, big boy. I like it. I love it. It's it's such a fucking little callback for as uh for as old motherfuckers. But yeah, man, like that's that's the thought process, is that they'll turn it off and that everybody will shoo ooker show it's good. I'll just watch the other version of it. It's like that's no, that's not what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: But there is another version. I mean, AW is so far away from w W in so many ways that it's it doesn't feel like it's the same show, doesn't feel like it's the same product. You know, It's like here you have WWE, where they're hyper focused on entertainment storylines for as for as bad as they are half the time, and then you have a w which is just a human crash test.
Speaker 2: You know, that's just and by the way, it's a human crash test. And because of the way that they work and the ship that they do, even to the lesser degree that they do things, most of their top guys are now actively in some state of injury. MJF is like thirty years old, and he's and you're hearing about him having hip problems, Like, is this dude gonna need a hip replacement at thirty five? Jesus Christ, are you kidding me? You know, it's like Will Osprey has already had his Neckhews and he's like thirty three or something like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Joe buddy Matthews is coming back, so it's okay, man.
Speaker 2: Oh good good, Okay. By the way, they fixed they they've fixed his ankle. That poor motherfucker rolled his ring in a rolled his ankle at a shitty ring in Australia, I think three years ago. Yeah, and that was and that was a done deal for that guy. Good twenty grand slam. Oh okay, so only neeering it on a year and after years, but that's yeah, man. I really think that if they do sell to Saudi Arabia, and I'm not saying that, it's gonna be millions and millions of people, because once again we've really boiled this down to a nice room. The audience that's left, right, you chase them off from the attitude era, you chase them off with the fucking micro transactions, you chase them off with having the video games that people don't enjoy anymore. So you can't even generate people off that audience. And then you'll chase them off by saying, hey, we're moving the whole fucking thing to the Middle East. Get on board with that or fucking blow us. So it's not gonna help. It's not gonna help. And it's a shame, like you said, aw doesn't have the fucking smarts to capitalize on us. They don't have the people they don't have the mines, they don't have the mindset. And let's suppose that they sell them not to Saudi this year, but the year after that. By that point you'll have an almost dying Kenny Omega because he already looks like he's brought.
Speaker 1: Would be funny if I fucking wouldn't it be funny if Tony just picked up AW and move that to Saudi Arabia too?
Speaker 2: I mean, Saudi Arabia, you're hubbed for professional wrestling, that's why not? Why not? Just yeah, that's so great, man. The ww pay per views are on it three fifteen in the morning. Dude, did you watch AW live? I don't know, dude, it was on it two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Goes to Saudi Arabia. Does that mean TNA has a real shot to take out AW?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: I mean you want to talk about the Great White Hope. I know we were joking about that. People are throwing a Barreon Corbyn's picture, but would TNA be the Great White Hope against AEW?
Speaker 2: TNA is just like, what's it like when like the Royal family where it's just like they all like a bunch of people just get the fucking plague and then like the third Duke is just sitting there like, oh, shoot, I guess I'm the King Gowa Like by way of being alive, sir, you have won the crown.
Speaker 1: I was just going to bring back Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, so Jim Cornett.
Speaker 2: Dude, Mike Kingdom for a Jeff Jarrett booked Wrestling Promotion in twenty twenty six. How fucking sad is that?
Speaker 1: But he's another guy who doesn't like the new style of wrestling. He's not a fan of this newer shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like I it's we've read that point of just destitution that a guy that, like people on the Internet and from the Indies and whatever, many many different facets of wrestling mocked and denigrated fucking Jeff Jarrett. Now we're like, please, I would take all of the Jeff Jarrett booking compared to this other show. At this point, I'd take Jeff Jarrett putting himself in a fucking main event, even as a seventy thousand year old man. If you can make the undercard makes sense and have the the booking be decent and the match is not be all the same shit. I could, I could put my hand on a walk away from it, because at this point, a Jeff Jarrett main event and a Roman Reigns main event, at least I'll believe the punch is thrown in the Jeff Jarrett event, at least at least the work. I'll hey, you know what, if somebody hit him and he fell on the mat, he'd stay down there, That's what he'd Fucking Roman Reigns ain't gonna do that for you. It's a face, baby face, you know, baby face. It's I don't know, man, it's an interesting it's an interesting time to be watching this ship. Yeah, and we're free of a pay per view for what another or two months. Yeah, they're gonna throw another one in there, bash and bag Dad said, where they're gonna throw at us? Where are they going next? Not Hawaii?
Speaker 1: Right, Hawaii's coming up too. I saw that you want to show in Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the.
Speaker 1: First time and what seven fucking years?
Speaker 2: Do you know how funny it would be if they did a show in Hawaii and they didn't get any of the Samoans. That'd be hilarious, That would be great.
Speaker 1: The headliner Hawaiian Samoans are not invited to the Hawaiian show. That is it like September or something like that? Dan, I know, Dan's quick on this ship. What's the date of the Hawaii tour.
Speaker 2: Man? But yeah, it's this year. I want September. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think they even have a They don't have like a Monday or Saturday night's main event for it.
Speaker 2: Do they? If they do a Wow Saturday events in Hawaii, it would still be daylight? Yeah? Right, if they did, you know how funny, We're actually not even funny, It would honestly at least be kind of creative and cool to see where if they did an outdoors kind of venue that was a little bit more open Friday Friday, October sixteenth, Thank you, Dan, Okay, what's the okay? So it's just a regular show. It's not a pay per view or anything. Right, it's the Blasi Dell Blaze, Dell Arena and Honolulu General Public on sale August fourteenth, Exclusive presale August twelfth. Yeah, it's August fourteenth. Show. Turning out it is expensive as shit and just living in Hawaii, it's a SmackDown. Oh imagine how much money they're gonna charge for those WWE tickets. Good happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cheapest thing on the whole fucking island.
Speaker 2: You know, well that well, that would be the funny thing. It's just like for them, the people that are living there, like, they don't they don't get WWE. They got any wrestling and shit, I'm sure, but they don't get WWE. So if they make this into an event and they're like, hey, you know, like I said, a nice open air, kind of outdoor themed, They're not going to spend the money. I'm literally just putting pie in the sky here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're doing fucking Rainbow Warriors field.
Speaker 2: Joe. Just hey, that would be kind of cool, that would you know, like something along those lines, like do you know what it is if they decided to run in Hawaii and have cheaper tickets but a themed kind of venue and its cool. W W don't do anymore, Joe, I know, you know, that's for that's for fools. That's for fools, and they just do AI graphics. Now that's that's what you get. I can't wait to see how chat GVT spells Honolulu, Hawaii. That's gonna be great to see them try to do that on pictures. But no, all right, so that's well, that's not even the next pay per view, so well we got some time. I think, I think that we're done for the pay per views until September. Well, we'll be back tomorrow for Frank and Gus. Much love.
Speaker 1: Make sure to check out John Draper and the guys over on Spitball Media. I know Chocolate did a show with Don Reynolds. What was it called on something on Wednesdays. I don't fucking know. It's on Uh, it's on the Wrestling Soup and Frindos Feed though, you can check it out there and uh yeah, much love to Drew Yari.
Speaker 2: And h R CWR Show, et cetera. So much love. Guys, talk too soon. Yeah, he's the takes because I get.
Speaker 4: Calls, call I meet yours, call your nervous call this day about that you can take the soup this day about the you can take the soup you callin meets your normous ca