Speaker 1: In the Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine in the games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: So, gotta be honest, the Bulldog picked a really good week to take vacation, purposely done. Sports lull of sorts, no doubt about it, now that basketball and hockey have wrapped up for their seasons.
Speaker 1: And you know he does this every year. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. I don't blame him, man, it's perfect. But there was some sports there last night with soccer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got plenty to cover. Still this morning, the United States men's team grabs a four to three shootout win over Costa Rica in the Gold Cup quarter final, so they'll be moving on. Good news for the US men's team as long as we're starting with soccer, I guess not so good news for Orlando City, who lost at home to Cincinnati two to one at the Purple Palace on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Taco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to that game the US men's team. I actually watched the last half of that game and the shootout and everything, and that's I think that's like the replacement Goldie right now, How did.
Speaker 3: You happen to come across that I did.
Speaker 1: Because my buddies were texting on Saturday saying, hey, why don't we get together. The game starts at seven, and I thought, not a chance in hell, because it works Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just, you know, chill it.
Speaker 2: How mad? I thought, why didn't I turn it on? So it was an excuse to, uh watch something and just chill for a while. It was great, that works. Let's see what else we got some NASCAR action from over the weekend. It was an early weekend Infinity Series race, was on a Friday night in Atlanta. Nick Sanchez gets that win, and then on Saturday night in the Cup race, Chase Elliott wins after passing Brad Kislowski on the final lap. This race took forever. It was loaded with rex and it just dragged on. Also, it was the start of this in season NASCAR bracket tournament challenge that they're doing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the one that is even more confusing than something that's already confusing.
Speaker 2: I have tried and tried to sort through this, and I just don't understand exactly what they're doing. And I follow nascars, so I don't know if this grand experiment is going to be something that's going to go past this year's attempt at it. I give them credit, though, for trying something different.
Speaker 1: I give them credit for trying to interest some more people. And you are die hard. You'll you say that, you follow it? I say one step further, you're a die hard and if you can't understand it, yeah, that's not looking good.
Speaker 3: How about the F one.
Speaker 2: Day Speaking of die hards, with the lights out at the F one deskcar F one insider Taco Bob still hanging out in Austria after the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday?
Speaker 3: What do you got for us? Taco Bobler from the F one does sure? Yes? F one die hard Taco Bob here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our winner was not who I thought I thought it was gonna be Piastre. He took a smooth runner up to Alendo Norris taking first place. Yesterday Racetime nine am so one two finish from McLaren at the Red Bull Ring, the home country favorite Max Verstappen. Did you see what happened to him? F one insider? I wouldn't, but I was busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was wrecked by by Kimmy Antonelli at Mercedes on the first lap, in the third turn, both of them out of the race.
Speaker 3: Now that taste.
Speaker 2: Antonelli is going to be penalized for next week's British Grand Prix at Silverstone. He'll be knocked back three places in the starting grid wherever he ends up qualifying for that for his actions during yesterday's race. It was completely reckless.
Speaker 1: So are we talking about does it again?
Speaker 3: I the F one inside? Sure, yes, we all know that, Yet I.
Speaker 1: Don't know everything about the actual F one. Is it everybody's coming down on vers drapping or have.
Speaker 3: They been this whole time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, this was the And yes, people, I know it's Verse Stap, and I call it Verse drapping because he was always strapping on a win or a wreck.
Speaker 2: Kimmy's very very young. It's his first year in F one and he just made a bad mistake and he owned it as soon as it happened, and he apologized Verse Stapping and their team as well. Okay, uh Golf had an interesting finish yesterday the Rocket tournaments there in Detroit. We ended up with three players in a playoff that ended up going five holes.
Speaker 1: Taco I saw I flipped by that one was on the fourth hole, looked at the names on the on the leaderboard and I said, yeah, I'm not wasting much time with this.
Speaker 2: Aldrick pot Yeater twenty years old. He's I believe he's South African. Ends up winning in the playoff. Max Grazerman, he finished over him, and then another dude. He dorked it out and didn't make it to the fifth hole. But there are three of them in there, three names I don't even know. And I follow golf like you do. Nast This the guy who won get this taco. It's his first PGA Tour win. His father travels with him to the tournaments because he's not old enough to run a car yet.
Speaker 1: But he just won a tournament and could buy six cars with the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wins the Rocket Classic from Detroit. So is Actually it was really good. Finished to that tournament. That's awesome. So anyway, and then we had some big NBA news over the weekend. Lebron James is exercising his fifty two point six million dollar opt option for the upcoming twenty five to twenty six season. He will play for the Lakers, but anything beyond that probably seriously not going to happen. As Lebron is now forty years old going into his twenty third nbacson and and it really kind of got out there that his family would like him to, especially his wife, would like him to consider, you know, perhaps stepping away from the game after another season or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean not only playing the game.
Speaker 1: That even though we can't stand Lebron and a lot of people don't like him, he has played a very storied career very well, and and that and running the league at the same that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Being the commissioner, that's a lot on the plate at any given time. Fifty two point six million for the upcoming season, unbelievable. James Harden. Also, he has signed a new two year deal with the Clippers. He'll be making some serious bank as well, but he'll stay stay with the Clippers, who had a surprisingly good season. And a couple of Major League Baseball notes. Yesterday, the Tampa Bay Rays lose to Baltimore. The final was five to one. The Miami Marlins six to four winners over Arizona. The Rays will host the A's today, Marlins host the Twins. And one sad note, Dave Parker, the two time World Series Champions, seven time All Star Pittsburgh Pirates. Yeah, Big Dave passed away on Saturday at seventy four.
Speaker 3: I think I was a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so. He is never going to be forgotten by Pirates fans. That's that's for sure. So rip VP. There you go for not having a lot going on in sports. I think we covered a lot. Taco Ball handled it that. You're well done.
Speaker 3: Luchinako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app