Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: If someone was on your show and they had a star on the Walk of Fame, would you mention it? He goes, yeah, I'm on, then leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Actually I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Why would you not mention you?
Speaker 1: See? There you go. I'm embarrassed, and here I am blowing out. Hey, look at me. I'm a bitching guy.
Speaker 2: You said bitching. We know what?
Speaker 1: See you know how old I am? Right there? Hey, that's groovy. Man. I'm gonna have a guy who's really boss. Please cut you aboard and now handle on the news ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: And good morning everybody. Uh Bill Handle here and the morning crew. It is a Taco Tuesday, November twelfth, and I'm gonna apologize in advance.
Speaker 1: Still a little bit under the weather.
Speaker 3: I got a cold. I can't I can't beat this thing for some reason. It's just lingers. It's the lingering cold, you know, snotty. Yesterday I coughed out phlem that was as big as a grape and it was just disgusting, and it was You can have breakfast now if you want.
Speaker 2: You sound like that every day anyways.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's you know, just taking all kinds of medicines over the counter stuff and it's just miserable. So I'll be I was about to say, I'll be snorting and sniffing and hawking, but I do that every day anyway.
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna be able to tell the difference, are you?
Speaker 4: Just another day on the Bill Handleshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just another day on the show. Yeah, absolutely, all right, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: And there is Neil good morning, Hi there, Hi there all right, and good morning, good.
Speaker 3: Morning yeah, and is on no sleep because of all her work on at so far, so about.
Speaker 5: Six hours Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's time. Listen.
Speaker 3: Your face should be on the table right now, asleep. And there is Cono, our technical producer director, you know.
Speaker 2: What, illustrious technical producer, director, entrepreneur and all around good guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah Tyler, Yeah what I say, Tyler? I just got a call, say from Tyler, remember our old board op.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Just called to say hello, and uh it was just kind of nice. He just came out of the blue. So we do that occasionally. Okay, what else is going on? Nothing particular, I can't think of anything. I like to start the show with some crazy ass story. Can't think of anything, So why don't we just any personal quest guys that you have of me.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have to start that, by the way, And what we're doing, we're coming.
Speaker 3: Up with a new segment we're going to play with because we try to sort of if we can make a show. We tried to handle phone calls and that sort of didn't work on the handle on the law because there's just too much work and everybody's lazy around here. And then the week in review, which.
Speaker 2: We do, seems to disagree on the lazy part I had.
Speaker 1: Someone has to go back and edit them.
Speaker 3: So here's what we're going to do. Here's the new one we're going to try, and.
Speaker 2: That is a podcast. Didn't work?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, sort of, yeah, all too much work, there's too much lazy. It's not a question of not working. It's just we've reached the point where we're just lazy.
Speaker 1: Now. Now here's the new one. Yeah, you do. And here here is the new one that we're going to try.
Speaker 3: It's an ask bill where people will have fifteen seconds or whatever to call in to recorded line. Ann will choose the call every week. Kno will edit it if there's a lot of grunts and.
Speaker 5: Grown any less work, because it's.
Speaker 1: Anne going to do it.
Speaker 3: And so here is And then I'm not going to know what the call is. It's going to be simply me reflecting answering.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what the call is about. So we're going to try that. So An, let's put that together and I'll give a phone number and people call in, and I don't care what question you ask. I really don't now. If it's a stupid question, I'll probably hang up. Well, if it's an incredibly stupid question, I won't hang up.
Speaker 1: But you know there's certain things, you know.
Speaker 3: Briefs or boxer shorts, you know that sort of thing, or you know kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: No, you can't. So anyways, we're gonna give it a try.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what we might do if anybody has any questions of any of you guys, I think you can just throw jump right in. Oh.
Speaker 1: I had a question for Neil, you know, uh, you know, regarding your liver.
Speaker 3: For example, Neil, you know is a kidney? Oh that's right, you got to that's right.
Speaker 5: You're going to ask us if we like you can we be ye?
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, but that's you know, I can tell you right now, you know what the answer is going to be. We should record that because that one's easy. All right, guys, let's do it. Handle on the news lead story.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have a winter winter chicken dinner.
Speaker 3: Democrat George Whitesides ran and won a seat in Congress, defeating a Republican represented Mike Garcia. So that's one more seat to the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Actually, it was a very conservative district and.
Speaker 3: It moved over to the blue side, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: That's one more. But we don't know about a couple of those races. And if the.
Speaker 3: Republicans keep the House, and they took they took the Senate, and as you know, they obviously took the presidency, it's going to be well, it's going to be.
Speaker 1: A very different country anyway, no.
Speaker 6: Matter what mister Newsom goes to Washington. Why, Governor Newsom is going to be meeting with members of California's congressional delegation and key officials in the Biden Harris administration to figure out how to Trump proof California. He wants to safeguard California programs and funding that could be threatened by President elect Trump's second administration.
Speaker 3: This is going to be the biggest war I think that Trump is going to have during his presidency with a politician.
Speaker 1: It will be with Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 3: Now, they're members of Congress that are going to be fighting him. Members of the Senate they're going to be fighting him. But a lot of it has to do with the makeup of Congress. You know how much power they have. We have a Newsom has the power of California behind him, and now the Now certainly the president has far more power because he controls all the FED, and the FED money pours into the state and many programs across the country. But there is going every time Trump gives an executive order, makes an executive order, lawsuits going to hit right there. It's going to be four years of litigation. It will not stop.
Speaker 2: How's that going to affect us here in California. We're gonna get nailed Trump in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna be the We're gonna be the recipient of some real hatred. Trump hates California, He hates Governor Newsom, California went against him. Most of Hollywood funded the campaign of Harris.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are everything that.
Speaker 3: He hates, and he's really good at. I wouldn't say holding in his hate. I mean he's made it really clear. You know, you look at appointments already. What's the first thing that he's looking at is loyalty. That he is number one. That is his number one requirement is loyalty. Some they're a point which you're going to see have some credentials. And in addition to being super loyal with Trump, you're going to see some appointments where the new administrator has nothing to do the EPA guy has never dealt with the environment.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that happen in every administration?
Speaker 3: It does, No, it does to, but to I think it's going to be to a lesser extent and not to important important posts.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: Like, for example, you're going to see you're going to see ambassadors, right, You're going to see ambassadors, the big, big donors that happens all the time, but you're not going to see that a lot of them are civil servants, a career ambassadors and civil and foreign service people. I think you're going to see more on a personal only because this president rely on loyalty more than any other president I think.
Speaker 1: We've ever had. But you're right, Andy, it does. I just think it's going to be more. That's all.
Speaker 2: He runs things like you run things. Everybody loyal to Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, no, I want people that are not loyal to me, Come on, Neil.
Speaker 2: Speaking of his cabinet, President elect Donald Trump is likely to pick Florida Senator Little Marco Rubio as his Secretary of State. You know, this would round out his national security team in his second term here. But it's not official yet, as you heard Amy talking about earlier in the news. But until the offer is formally made, you know, Trump could go back and forth and change his mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's one of those appointments, assuming he does go with Marco Rubio.
Speaker 1: That Marco Rubio has creds.
Speaker 3: He sat on this and an intelligence committee, the Foreign Relations Committee, and so he has the credits. He has experience in foreign relations. You know, probably the most probably the most experienced, most qualified president we've ever had in foreign relations.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden. He sat on the Foreign Relations Committee for decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he was coherent, Yeah, no.
Speaker 1: He was a certain point in his life.
Speaker 6: Forget turbulence. The new threat, the new concern when you fly is bullets, at least if you're going into Haiti. Two jets from US based airlines were hit by bullets while flying over Haiti's capital. One of them was a Spirit Airlines plane. It was getting ready to land in Port A Prince. It was struck by bullets. A flight attendant has minor injuries. In response to that, Spirit Airlines and other carriers have basically said yeah, we're suspending service. And then later in the day Jed Blue, which is one of the ones that suspended service, said you know what, we're going to hold off until December second because they found a bullet on one of its planes that was on its way back from Haiti.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are gangs. So the control Haiti just control it. Whole swaths of Haiti and these criminal gangs and they shoot up at airplanes.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's not an active war at all times.
Speaker 3: Yes, but who you have these various gangs? So what does that mean the United States is going to invade?
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 3: Planes aren't just going to be there. This plane was landing was it five hundred feet when the bullets hit. It was coming down five hundred feet is just on top of you. And then it jammed on the engines and flew around and went to the Dominican Republic where it landed. So I wouldn't go to Haiti right now, No.
Speaker 2: But you'll probably go to Hades. I guess, oh, very strong? All right? The United States told its ally Israel, if you were imber, in a letter back in October around the thirteenth, that it's got to take steps to improve the aid situation in the war ravaged Gaza. Right. It gave them thirty days or they could face potential restrictions on US military aid. So Israel kind of failed this, and not only did they not take action, but they actually dramatically worsened the situation on the ground there.
Speaker 1: So Natanyakhu is basically a liar.
Speaker 3: This book that I'm reading, War by Bob Woodward, it's a very not only relevant and topical. I mean it goes just back a few months with the war Ukraine and how Israel is being dealt with by Biden and Natanyahu. And that's and Biden hates Natanyahu every time. Natanyahu first of all, completely denies that there's a humanitarian crisis to night say, just not true.
Speaker 1: To the extent that it is true, Israel is helping instead of hurting.
Speaker 3: And to the extent that Biden pointed out or the State Department pointed out, there is right there. You're not allowing you're not allowing aid to come into the country. He says, yes we are, or yes we will, we promise nothing. Biden hates Natanyahu. Natanau just lies straight out and people are and I'm as pro Israel as it comes. But how do you not supply aid to starving people? They're straight out starvation going to happen in Gaza, straight out. And the problem is in Israel to its point, says, what do we do when you have the militants embedded in the areas that are civilian. It's there's no easy answer, and neither answer here, and neither side is willing to budge neither side.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, they're.
Speaker 3: Getting stronger in their position, more in transigent all right.
Speaker 6: Full stop. It can happen if you're driving a Honda or an Accura. The nt National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NITZA is investigating complaints that engines are failing on as many as one point four million Hondas and Accuras. Apparently, the connecting rod bearings on the vehicles with three point five leader V six engines can fail, leading to complete engine failure failure. So they're doing an investigation and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care, Okay, I don't have a hinde, So all right, fine, you have an EV.
Speaker 1: I do have an EV and it's not a hind a, it's a BMWEV.
Speaker 2: TikTok will not go down without a fight. Be ramped up their attacks on the Biden administration this past week. They're looking or pushing back in the law that could ban the popular app for the United States. They are eating court and in the court filings. Rather that the US TikTok users could be forced to live on an island of content, disconnected for the rest of the world if the platform is forced to find a new owner. I love that coming out of China, they won't be able to get information. Turn on you, Mike, thank you.
Speaker 1: They're arguing First Amendment out of China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I love that. It's stunny. The hypocrisy.
Speaker 6: So women can't walk outside UNUS supported and they can't go to school. But at least Afghanistan cares about the environment. Afghanistan has sent a delegation to the UN Climate Talks in Baku, Azerbaijan. It's the first time they've attended since the Taliban returned to power in twenty twenty one, and Afghanistan apparently particularly vulnerable to climate change. Climate experts say it's the sixth most climate vulnerable country in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting nailed. And it's thought as if they if they give any.
Speaker 3: Part of the I'm sorry, it's not as if they contribute to global warming.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at their power plants, as guys on stationary bicycles.
Speaker 1: You know, pedaling. There just isn't a lot of technology there.
Speaker 3: And they are they're getting the brunt of the problem, the floods, the droughts.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're really getting nailed.
Speaker 2: This just in the Taliban says, now that it turns out that it is mother Nature and nature is in fact a woman, they will just ban her from being hot in anyway, absolutely all right. Russia may inadvertently have struck one of its own civilian buildings, oh boy, with an Iranian supplied drone. According to reports and security footage, so someone who had the drone didn't know how to use it. And apparently the attack injured two people, caused extensive damage, impacting forty apartments across three buildings, twenty four vehicles, and a shop of some kind, and did a appeers to originate from the Russian side of things, although I'm sure Ukraine was thrilled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm sure Russia initially said this was the Ukrainian missile, But you know, occasionally it happens misfired and their own people get nailed.
Speaker 6: Twenty three and me gonna lose a lot of its staff. The genetic testing company is reducing about two hundred employees, which is about forty percent of its staff, and they're discontinuing further development of its therapies.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that mean.
Speaker 1: What is therapies?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: And the story doesn't really explain that. It says it's evaluating strategic alternatives, including licensing agreements and asset sales for its therapies in development.
Speaker 4: Does that have to do it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Are they selling your DNA? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't well, I guess if like Candle's daughters used it and found out they're really genetically tied to him. They might need therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a problem I've always you know, I really am not interested in finding out who my ancestors are at all.
Speaker 1: Couldn't care less my ancestry.
Speaker 6: Okay, I have an answer for you about the twenty three and Me therapeutics. Yeah, it's a drug development organization that uses genetic data to develop therapeutic antibodies for cancer and other treatments. Oh so maybe they're developing therapies using the dn out DNA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have a question, it's does twenty three and me talk about any medical aspect?
Speaker 1: Do they?
Speaker 3: For example, you do an ancestry check and you have a history of cancer in your family and you don't have it or they will have it.
Speaker 2: I think they do. I think they do. There are some that say, hey, you're predisposed X, Y and Z.
Speaker 4: Gee, that's fun. I just wanted to know if I had another brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's basically yet, that's true and everybody, that's one thing everybody you go through who your ancestors were. Inevitably it was an Egyptian prince or somehow some kind of a high figure in society. I'm afraid that I'm going to come back and find out I'm related to like a fire hydrant, you know, at the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: So I'm just not.
Speaker 2: Interested that Tracks, parent company of Knotsberry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain, says they have zero plans to close any of their forty two theme parks and water parks, while the North American amusement park chain is, you know, weighing everything out, potential sell of underperforming parts, that type of thing. But the director of Six Flags says, at this time, we have no plans to close any parks.
Speaker 1: So what do they do? They can't close.
Speaker 3: If they're not going to close parks and they're underperforming, what do they plan on doing?
Speaker 1: Raising prices? What do they think?
Speaker 3: You are Disneyland or the more prices, you know, the higher the price, the more people want to go.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what happens. They just get people in line out front and then everybody else will want to join them. I don't know, I haven't been I enjoyed not Sperry Farm. I haven't been to to Six Flags Magic Mountain in a bazillion years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's true. Even people who go to Disneyland really like parks. When's the last time, Amy, you know you're a Disneyland person, when's the last time you went to a six Flags.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever been to that six Flags, and not because I don't think it's a good park, but it's just it's all, you know, roller.
Speaker 4: Coasters and thrill rides.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 6: And I like Disneyland and even and not Sperry Farm too. I mean, they have this really cool ambiance and it's more like a full day experience where if you're just going for the rides, six Flags all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all the rides. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: I get too scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh okay, Amy, are you a six flat person? All right? Excuse me? And are you a six Flag person? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used to go a lot. I used to take my kids all the time too. They loved it, right.
Speaker 1: And Kono six Flags? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Fair enough, all right, take a break, we'll come back.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretending that people actually care about what you guys think about and care about.
Speaker 6: Okay, So things are not looking great for Ukrainian troops. Remember they took over the Kersk region back in August, pretty much took Moscow by surprise by going into Russian territory. That was the first time for an occursion since World War Two. Well, Ukrainian President Volodimir Zelenski says that Russia has now deployed nearly fifty thousand troops to Kursk, including those North Korean troops that were recently added. Ukrainian troops, they say, are continuing to hold back the Russian troops, but they are launching big offensives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of this we'll see if the war ends.
Speaker 3: Because President elect Trump said he's going to end the war day one, and I think he can by simply saying to Ukraine, we're yanking all of the armaments. You're now on your own. That war ends that day. And he has said you have to sit down and talk, and you have to sit down and cut a deal with Russia, which means giving up land. And at this point Ukraine's saying no. Vance is saying straight out, we cut all ties to Ukraine, all help for Ukraine, and we don't even know how far it's going to go and to what extent. And it's I'm saying over and over and over again, we it's going to be a very interesting start of a new administration. And you bet that Zelenski is sweating bullets, or we'll have no bullets to sweat is more like it.
Speaker 2: This one is about as confusing as it gets. So nearly eighty thousand pounds of Costco butter is recalled. Why because it's missing a statement that says contains milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand this story. Neil explained this.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently, you know, because there's people with dairy allergies. But since milk is made from or butter is made from milk, you'd think that that kinda so I'm trying to think, well, butterfat, what is it separates?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know how you can have butter that's not made with milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But apparently they have to make note of the allergen on the outside. But if somebody's allergic to dairy, would they be buying cow butter?
Speaker 1: Who the hell knows?
Speaker 2: Huh? This just did milk contains milk as well?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Are we surprised some people?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I just I may be missing something. I'm a little off this morning. But yeah, butter has milk in it.
Speaker 4: I think they have to do this because someone's going to sue them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you didn't tell me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't tell me there was mil milk here?
Speaker 2: Butter right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: To dismiss or not to dismiss. A judge will decide today whether to undo President elect Trump's conviction in his hush money case because of a Supreme Court ruling on presidential immunity. Judge Juan Marshan in New York is going to decide whether to toss out the jury verdict and order a new trial, or maybe even dismiss the charges altogether. Sentencing right now is scheduled for October or sorry, November twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: And this is a really interesting case.
Speaker 3: It all is predicated on the decision of a presidential immunity that was candied by the Supreme Court. And what Trump is saying that some of the evidence that was introduced in.
Speaker 1: The trial had to do with his disclosed.
Speaker 3: Your statements when he ran for president, his financial disclosures as president or that were used in his run that he had to that he had to submit, and the prosecutors saying that was only a tiny little bit, and Trump is saying, oh no, it's a big bit. And so now Mrschen has to decide yes or no. And by the way, whatever he decides, of course, is going up to you know. It's so you're not gonna see much happening.
Speaker 2: You know. Trump has sold bibles, steaks, and now watches.
Speaker 1: Okay, heard, Yeah, And don't forget the sneakers.
Speaker 2: On the sneakers. He's gotta sell nonstick pans. I mean, the guy is so teflon.
Speaker 1: Oh good point.
Speaker 2: Understand why he's not selling none. My pens are so nons.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine any other president, any other president, howking.
Speaker 1: Bibles?
Speaker 3: Forget about bibles because you can be religious, but hawking tennissues and ties and stakes. Although the tennis shoes is while he was running for president, the ties were the ties while he was president.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. But there were like trading cards.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, that were crazy stuff digital trade. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, once a business man, always a business and.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take your last one.
Speaker 3: They're teaching Beyonce Yale University, of course on Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 2: There is a difference between intelligence and education, and I will tell you I don't know why people are paying for college.
Speaker 1: That's all right, We are done.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app