Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Please, let's show a little respect to our mayor.
Speaker 2: Yet, Michelle, not you too?
Speaker 3: What I say.
Speaker 4: To you? Have any idea how ridiculous that is?
Speaker 5: I miss Jean, Join me on a trip to Discovery Mountain, where the air is clear, clear enough to hear your imagination, and where every day is an exercise in faith. Join me for today's expedition. In our last episode of this season, called battle Song, we heard a big announcement. Music Paloosa is going to be held in Grizzly Mountain on October first, the same day it turns out as the Discovery Mountain Harvest Festival. Becauziah has vowed to fight against it. Is that possible Piper has been avoiding her friend. Well, be Cauziah be able to find out why. Let's join everyone and exercise our faith along with them. In today's episode called in Harmony.
Speaker 6: Kezzy, do you want strawberry jam or peanut butter on your toast?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: Someone's not listening.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll put sprinkles and oregano on your toast? Sound good?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 9: Dad?
Speaker 6: Kezzy? Look at me, honey, Yeah, Dad, here toast with strawberry jam. Are you still worried about the Harvest Festival.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dad, of course I am.
Speaker 3: Well, there seems to be only one choice.
Speaker 10: Hey, fam jam Dad, can you please talk to me a protein bar?
Speaker 8: I'm running late here, Cyrus, don't you even.
Speaker 11: Care about the Harvest Festival.
Speaker 8: We're not going to cancel it. We can fight fight how by making.
Speaker 11: Our Harvest Festival the bestest town has ever seen, by inviting people from all over the country to sing and fellowship and just be amazing.
Speaker 6: Who Kaziah, Let's make it happen.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Cyrus. So you're on team Fight, Team Fight.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'm on team Kezy.
Speaker 7: Anyway, gotta run, Cyrus.
Speaker 12: Tell ken Mom no work talk at home, remember, Okay, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be over soon.
Speaker 8: Mom. Dad, you have to have faith.
Speaker 11: We can make the Harvest Festival way bigger than the music Palooza, but we all have to work together, Kenzy, Mom, you don't believe me.
Speaker 12: It's not that I don't believe honey, It's just that the music plusa is a whole thing.
Speaker 8: So ours has to be a bigger thing.
Speaker 6: Kesey, you helped mister Simon and miss Holt to plan the Harvest Festival?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And ads right, Yeah, Mom, you worked hard on the ads and I just want to give up.
Speaker 3: I spent a couple of hours on that. I had fun.
Speaker 6: H what's the advertising budget for the Harvest Festival budget?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 11: We all worked together and Brianna's mom called a bunch of people she knows.
Speaker 3: And they donated the ad space.
Speaker 8: See that's amazing.
Speaker 6: They donated it because there is no advertising budget. What do you think the ad budget is for the music Palooza?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, but I've had two pop up ads just this morning on my newsfeed and on the radio for an event like this with celebrity musicians like Luke.
Speaker 8: Uh Levi Levi Hayes.
Speaker 6: Right, and the Swedish singer Oh Oh what's his name? Eric? Yeah, they're big names. Music Palooza is a big deal.
Speaker 3: We can't compete.
Speaker 8: We just all need to work together.
Speaker 12: You have the right idea, Kesey, it's just not realistic, Mom. What do your friends think? Did you ask Piper.
Speaker 8: Ah better get ready for school?
Speaker 3: Kezzy? Mike? What did I say?
Speaker 6: What did we say? Is more like it?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 6: You know, I haven't seen Piper and Kensey together at school for the last few days.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had no idea.
Speaker 6: Friend trouble, yeah, mixed with music Palooza.
Speaker 3: Trouble, Poor Kezzy. What should I do?
Speaker 6: Nothing? She'll talk to us again when she's.
Speaker 3: Ready, So I should just go to work.
Speaker 6: Yes, doctor Scott Smith. People are counting on you, including my daughter, who will still be here later today.
Speaker 3: Off you go, okay, have a good day a school you're stalling? Go okay, okay.
Speaker 13: Hey, Gadget, are you having a good day?
Speaker 7: That a boy, Hey reader, Gadget might be the only one in town having a good day.
Speaker 13: That bad, mister Simon.
Speaker 7: Well with the news of the music Palooza and the Harvest Festival on the same day.
Speaker 13: Yes, well, too bad. We'll have to cancel the Harvest festival. It was a good idea.
Speaker 7: Cancel it. We can't give up just like that.
Speaker 13: Well, do you have any suggestions?
Speaker 7: Not yet, But you didn't come into Trekkers this morning to talk about this. How can I help your reader?
Speaker 13: Oh, I'm just waiting for my dad. He's almost done his walk and he usually ends here.
Speaker 7: I enjoy seeing Gordy each morning. He's doing well, Yes he is.
Speaker 13: I just want to remind him that he has an appointment this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Well, there he is.
Speaker 10: Now he's a good boy, Say dad, I just wanted just about a music hallablue ruining the Harvest festival.
Speaker 13: Well, the two events landed on the same day. Too bad, we'll have to cancel.
Speaker 9: Nonsense, we don't have to cancel. We have to fight, right.
Speaker 7: George, Well, I agree, Gordie.
Speaker 9: There you have it. The Mayor's ready to fight, got it. Now what's our first move?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know, Officer Lewis, How may I.
Speaker 9: Help, Officer? What about just hallabalooza, the music palooza.
Speaker 6: That's what I need the mayor for. Take a look at this.
Speaker 7: That looks like a traffic control map.
Speaker 6: It is Visa the roads the up the mountain and to Discovery.
Speaker 7: I recognize it well.
Speaker 1: And here's the turnoff right to Grizzly, left to Discovery.
Speaker 7: Now why is the left side marked red?
Speaker 1: Well, because the event planners would like to close off that road of the day of the music palooza.
Speaker 9: No one will be able to go in or out of Discovery.
Speaker 1: Yes, for about twelve hours. It'll be for security easier to maintain the perimeter. No, if only we're that easy. Our Harvest Festival is the same day. Well, we're either going to have to get them to change this traffic control pattern or I.
Speaker 13: Hate to say it, cancel our event, mister mayor.
Speaker 7: I need to talk to Mae Grady. I hear they're working out of the Frosty Inn.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you find out. Mister Simon. It sounds like it's time for a town meeting.
Speaker 7: Yes, it does. I don't think we'll all fit at my office, academy, Jim.
Speaker 1: We'll give pebody a shout and see if the church is available.
Speaker 7: The church that'll work. I'll notify as many people as I can.
Speaker 6: I'll do the same.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dad.
Speaker 13: Where are you going?
Speaker 9: Come on you two, let's get over to the Frosty Inn.
Speaker 13: Okay, it looks like we'll be joining you.
Speaker 7: I'll grab my keys.
Speaker 14: Hi, Welcome to the frost Seat. Just grab a seat anywhere you can find one.
Speaker 7: Oh, mister Simon, Hi, Sarah, you're busy.
Speaker 8: We are.
Speaker 15: The event team has been working here since early this.
Speaker 7: Morning, and some tourists too.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 16: As soon as the location was announced, people started showing up in town.
Speaker 7: Where can I find me over there?
Speaker 14: And would you like a booth?
Speaker 9: Sure? Ah, we're on official mayoral business.
Speaker 15: Miss okay, I'll bring menus to your business.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Sarah.
Speaker 15: Don't mention it now.
Speaker 4: I thought we could put a trailer right here next to the stage for the musicians.
Speaker 17: Oh, you'll need two trailers. Eric will never share with Levi.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, mister Simon. Yes, hello, may everyone. This is George Simon. He's mayor of our neighboring town, Discovery Mountain.
Speaker 17: Nice to meet you now. If you'll excuse us, we have business with.
Speaker 9: You, folks.
Speaker 7: This is Gordon Reader and Don Reader.
Speaker 4: Listen, gentlemen, we have only three weeks to plan every single detail of this major event.
Speaker 9: Including security. Yes, and you can't close off our town road.
Speaker 17: We can spare three minutes, maybe three and a half.
Speaker 13: Sit well, thank you, Dad, Sit over.
Speaker 15: Here, here's some menus. I'll come take your order in a few minutes.
Speaker 13: Thanks Sarah.
Speaker 4: Now, Mayor Simon, it is vital that this event is safe and secure for everyone.
Speaker 16: That's in the best interest of your little town too. It's just for a few hours.
Speaker 7: Did you all consider that our town might have plans for those twelve hours?
Speaker 3: Plans?
Speaker 7: October first is the day of our harvest festival. We'll have guests traveling to our event.
Speaker 9: It's a tradition.
Speaker 7: It's vital that the turnoff stays open.
Speaker 17: Not possible. My people look at traffic control from every angle.
Speaker 7: Well they'll have to look again.
Speaker 16: We have just three weeks before the biggest event in the area, and you want this little road left open.
Speaker 7: Our event is important to a lot of people.
Speaker 15: Just reschedule.
Speaker 7: You could reschedule to you have.
Speaker 4: Any idea how ridiculous that is, but not for us. Listen, mister Simon, I don't want to fight. Have you entered canceling? You could hold the Harvest Festival again next year?
Speaker 13: Will the Music Palooza be held in Grizzly again next year?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 16: I still don't know how this place won the right to host the event this year.
Speaker 4: Victoria.
Speaker 13: Well, then next year there'd be no competition.
Speaker 15: Readers making some sense.
Speaker 7: I'm not ready to cancel.
Speaker 9: Excuse me. I have something to say.
Speaker 15: Yes, Sarah, Yes, Gram's Gordy.
Speaker 9: What's the waffles special today?
Speaker 14: Cinnamon roll waffles.
Speaker 15: They're delicious.
Speaker 9: Bring me one now, the rest of you. Have you eaten?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 14: Too busy?
Speaker 15: Who has time?
Speaker 9: Waffles all around? Sarah? You're treating not a chance They are you've got an entertaining budget, don't you.
Speaker 17: Of course, we do a waffles all around.
Speaker 5: They be able to resolve the traffic control problem. We'll find out after this. Let's head back over to Discovery and to the seventh and eighth grade class.
Speaker 8: Miss Hole, where's Piper right over there?
Speaker 15: Kazyah?
Speaker 8: But she moved her desk.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so she can focus easier.
Speaker 8: Ohay for me.
Speaker 15: Well she didn't say that, are you too?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 8: We haven't been able to talk.
Speaker 19: Well, you'll have more time now that the Harvest Festival will be canceled.
Speaker 8: Canceled. No, we hasn't work as a team. We can save it.
Speaker 15: The music Palooza is just too big.
Speaker 14: But joyce, here you go attendance sheets from DS.
Speaker 15: Thanks Chaplin, Jake, No, hey, Chaplin, Jake. What do you think about the Harvest Festival?
Speaker 14: Oh? It sounds nice, like a great way to share our faith with people in the area.
Speaker 8: So you're on my side, chaplain Jake side.
Speaker 14: I didn't know we were taking sides, Miss Hole. I started working again.
Speaker 15: See oh dear uh take it to Piper.
Speaker 8: She was able to fix.
Speaker 15: All the tablets last time.
Speaker 19: Okay, Jake, I was telling Keziah that I think the Music Palooza is just too big to compete with, and that we should cancel the Harvest Festival.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it is a big event. I heard ads on the radio this morning, and I saw them in the paper.
Speaker 15: They're on TV too.
Speaker 8: So Keevin, Jake, you're on this whole side.
Speaker 3: I'm not on the side.
Speaker 19: What do you think should we cancel the Harvest Festival or fight to keep it?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 14: Look, there's a town meeting at the church tonight.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, mister Simon called it.
Speaker 14: So bring your arguments there.
Speaker 3: Gotta go.
Speaker 8: Bye, well, miss Hope. For now, the festival is still happening.
Speaker 15: Yeah, for now, And we need.
Speaker 11: A technical person to set up mics and run the soundboard.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 15: Oh, Piper would be great for that.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, she sure would. Why don't you ask her?
Speaker 15: Why don't you ask her? Give you a chance to talk?
Speaker 20: Oh okay, I know, I'm afraid trusting you.
Speaker 2: Next time, close the app here and remember to charge this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Piper? Good?
Speaker 11: Oh, Kaziah, Piper for the Harvest Festival.
Speaker 3: I heard it was canceled.
Speaker 11: No it's not, and we need help. You do could you be a technical person. You're good with MIC's and the soundboard and stuff. Anything else Nope, I don't think so.
Speaker 21: Sure, I'll run technical for you as you sing Kaziah.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Piper say, I've been wondering.
Speaker 15: Is starting class?
Speaker 8: She uh, okay, talk to you later. Mm hmm bye.
Speaker 9: Hailey.
Speaker 2: Hi, aren't you working today?
Speaker 15: Not for an hour?
Speaker 8: I barely saw you at school.
Speaker 9: Toda.
Speaker 2: I know you too. Everything is just off today.
Speaker 19: Right, definitely, And I feel terrible.
Speaker 21: Hayley, Hi, fresh apple bars in the kitchen if you two want one.
Speaker 8: Like yummy?
Speaker 9: Thanks?
Speaker 19: Miss Michelle, come on, oh these are so good.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: So why did you say you feel terrible?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: Just the whole Harvest festival situation.
Speaker 18: I know, but it's not like the music paluza was your idea.
Speaker 2: No, but it's at my work.
Speaker 19: And oh my goodness, when I walked into the hotel lobby last night and saw your.
Speaker 18: Faces, who yeah, we were all pretty shocked. Music Poaloozah and grizzly. We would have seen that one coming.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And then Cauziah Smith was like, we're gonna fight.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 8: It was so amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: I thought it was sort of odd odd how I mean what.
Speaker 19: A seventh grader is going to find a whole music festival.
Speaker 18: For the Harvest Festival. And it's not just Kezy. The whole town is fighting for it.
Speaker 3: The whole town.
Speaker 15: Wait, you'll never win.
Speaker 18: We have a town meeting tonight at the church. We'll find a way if we all work together.
Speaker 15: I just assume would cancel the Harvest Festival. I mean, Levi, Hayes, eric Ahstrolm. How do we compete with them?
Speaker 2: So we just quit? No way?
Speaker 15: Well, I'd better get to work.
Speaker 18: I guess I won't see you at the meeting tonight. Then that would mean that you actually cared about your town.
Speaker 8: Brianna, you surprise me?
Speaker 15: Good apple bars right, yes, thank you, missus. Michelle.
Speaker 21: I have to get to work, okay, bye, Haley, Brianna, Hey you look, upset?
Speaker 15: Is everything okay?
Speaker 18: Not as long as the Harvest Festival and the music Palooza are both happening.
Speaker 21: Oh well, we're gonna have to cancel the Harvest Festival. We can't compete against a big event like theirs, Aunt, Michelle, not you too? What I say?
Speaker 5: It's a rough day in Discovery and grizzly Mountain. Will they figure it all out at the Harmony Corner Church tonight. We'll find out. After this. People are walking toward the Harmony Corner Church for the town meeting.
Speaker 14: Let's join them.
Speaker 7: Oh they're praying? Or do we thank you again for hearing us and we pray this in Jesus' name? Amen, Thank you all for coming out tonight. We have a full church. You all care about our town. I have some good news to share, but first the larger agenda item. Unfortunately, our Harvest Festival date is the same date as the music Palooza. Yes, it's unfortunate. We have two options. Do we keep fighting to get worried out about our event or do we cancel.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please let's show a little respect to our mayor we'll thank your questions or concerns one at a time.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Officer Lewis oh Oh, Caziah.
Speaker 11: Smith, Mister Simon, The Harvest Festival is a good idea.
Speaker 8: We should fight to make it happen.
Speaker 7: Mister Simon, Miss Michelle, your turn.
Speaker 21: I love the idea of the Harvest Festival, but I just don't see how we can compete.
Speaker 15: Their event is much much bigger.
Speaker 13: And what about the road closure?
Speaker 3: What road closure?
Speaker 13: Oh? Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, Sorry, mister Simon.
Speaker 7: No, it's okay. I have an update, mister Simon.
Speaker 9: They're closing our road during the festival.
Speaker 1: They propose the closure for twelve hours for security.
Speaker 7: Everyone quiet, please, I have good news on that. I talked to May Grady and the Music Baloozy event team today. They've agreed to leave our road open to residents only.
Speaker 6: We have to fight this, We can't.
Speaker 15: We need to cancel, mister Simon.
Speaker 22: Mister Simon, please, everyone take your seats. Chaplain Jake, may I come up front? Sure, Jake, everybody. We don't have two choices?
Speaker 14: Is this thing one? We don't have two choices? We have three.
Speaker 7: Three.
Speaker 14: We can fight a big, well organized event. Choice one we can ca ansel and admit defeat. Choice two.
Speaker 8: What's choice three?
Speaker 18: Up?
Speaker 14: Are any of my seventh grade Bible students here besides Caziah? I'm here me too, Piper. What Bible story are we reading? Jehosephat right under King Jehosephat and enemy army threatened the peaceful nation of Judah.
Speaker 6: And what they do?
Speaker 14: They prayed exactly? They gathered for prayer.
Speaker 7: And then God showed them what he wanted them to do.
Speaker 14: Mister Simon, you're a great Bible student. God answered their prayer through the prophet to Haziel. But Trevin Jay Becauziah, you're protesting because you remember what God told them to do?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 14: What was it?
Speaker 8: God told them not to fight, but not to.
Speaker 14: Fight, right, but not give up either to do nothing? Is that right? Exactly?
Speaker 20: Good?
Speaker 6: You go? That was the third choice and our choice.
Speaker 15: Two to do nothing. But how could that possibly work?
Speaker 14: We let God fight for us, we fight. No, we have to let go hold our harvest festival and trust God to take care of it.
Speaker 9: Jake.
Speaker 14: But how well it's gonna take faith?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 14: There's a verse in Hebrews. I think it's chapter eleven and verse one. Yeah, that's right. It says no, faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.
Speaker 8: So we just got to take care of the harvest festival.
Speaker 14: Right with faith and prayer and to be nice to the music.
Speaker 7: Lose a people, Jake. That's the most coherent argument I've heard. What do you all think? Let's take a vote. Say yes if you agree to hold the harvest festival and let God, not Keziah Smith fight for us. Those who agree say yes, those who disagree say no. We have our vote. Now before you all leave, there's something on my heart today. We've all been at odds with each other.
Speaker 6: We sure have.
Speaker 7: Let's break into small groups and pray for harmony.
Speaker 10: Funny, we're in the harmony corner church, all the.
Speaker 7: More reason to pray.
Speaker 2: Hailey, you're here.
Speaker 19: Yes, I care about my town more than my job.
Speaker 2: I know you do. Look, I'm sorry about earlier.
Speaker 15: Oh, me too.
Speaker 19: This whole thing has been stressful, but I do like chaplain jeek suggestion me too.
Speaker 2: Let go and like God.
Speaker 8: What was the verse he read again?
Speaker 15: I want to put it in my phone.
Speaker 18: I looked it up in my Bible app Let me see.
Speaker 8: Oh, here it is now.
Speaker 18: Faith is a substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrew's eleven to one.
Speaker 20: Hebrew's eleven one.
Speaker 15: I got it.
Speaker 2: So we should pray together.
Speaker 15: Yes, come on, there's a quiet spot over here.
Speaker 9: Well son, I didn't expect you and me to be on opposite sides of a harvest festival.
Speaker 13: No, no, me, neither Dad let's let God take care of it.
Speaker 9: He's better at all that stuff than we.
Speaker 13: Are, that's for sure. Should we walk home?
Speaker 9: Yep, Bash, my bedtime?
Speaker 8: Okay, Dad, Hugo, have you seen Piper? She was here a minute ago. Okay, I'll keep looking. What's she doing, hugough Oh just looking through the hymnal Oh you like to sing?
Speaker 14: No, why'd you say that?
Speaker 20: Okay, sorry, I said something. I'm gonna go keep looking for Piper.
Speaker 3: Piper.
Speaker 8: Mom?
Speaker 15: Have you seen Piper?
Speaker 3: No, honey, sorry, missus Holt.
Speaker 8: Have you seen Piper earlier?
Speaker 15: But she left with her parents?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 12: It is the gift to be simple, tis the gift to be free.
Speaker 11: Dear Lord, did you mean to give Hugo Garcia such an angelic voice?
Speaker 3: Oops? Guess he quick? Quick, quick quick?
Speaker 5: Oh clear, Hugo really does sing beautifully. I'm not so sure that he's comfortable with his gift, though.
Speaker 9: No, it doesn't sound like he is.
Speaker 5: Becauziah still hasn't been able to talk to Piper either.
Speaker 23: No, the whole town really did feel off today, but they all sound united in faith now.
Speaker 10: Hm.
Speaker 5: Almost all October first, Both events will happen everyone in Grizzly is going to be very busy for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 9: And everyone in Discovery.
Speaker 5: And everyone at the Emerald Lake Hotel and Spa.
Speaker 23: Too, Yeah, lots of activity. And Amanda Campbell is going on a trip back to New York.
Speaker 5: Too, right, And Natalia is going to stay with Addison.
Speaker 6: Oh, that will be fun.
Speaker 5: Yes, I imagine they're both looking forward to it.
Speaker 23: We'll find out how the two events are shaping up. Can they really coexist? We'll find out.
Speaker 9: Next time.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to Discovery Mountain, where the era is clear, clear enough to hear your imagination, and where every day is an exercise in faith, visit us online to listen to more episodes on demand at Discoverymountain dot com. Discovery Mountain is a ministry of the Voice of Prophecy creator and executive producer Jeane Boonstra, director Douglas Bruce, with original music by Danny Columbie, executive producer Ruben Gomez, producers Fiona Lynn and Joel Baker,