Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray ONBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I'm just hold on, Nicole. We got a week left in January, and pretty soon the truck will be leaving for Florida, the baseball truck and spring training will be here. So just hold on. It's a cold night in New England, but we are through, when you really think about it, more than two thirds eighty percent of January. That's not bad. That's all in the rearview mirror. Everybody know it's cold, going to be cold weekend, but just stick with it. Okay, stay warm, stick with it. Baseball will be here soon. My name is Dan Ray. I'm the host of Nightside, heard every Monday through Friday night from adam to midnight right here in w BZ, Boston's news Radio ten thirty and the Am Dial, and of course on the iHeart app, the new iHeart app, which can be found pretty easily at at your app store, and if you know what an app store is, you'll know what I'm talking about. There. And Rob Brooks is back in the control room. He is all set to get us started. Once we begin taking phone calls, and we will begin to making phone calls tonight at nine o'clock, we're going to talk about this coming year fiscal budget in Massachusetts, which includes tax increases, a number of tax increases proposed by the governor as well a cap on charitable deductions, which I don't think is a good deal at all, and a spending increase that the Governor's office says it's something like two point six, but you can look at it differently and you can think it's maybe six or seven percent. And we'll talk about that. And then at ten o'clock tonight, rest is not optional. We're going to talk with doctor Sondra Dalton Smith. She's the author of Sacred Rest, Recover your Life, Renew your Energy, and Restore your Sanity. And then of course we'll finish with the twentieth hour of the week, the last hour of the week, in which we will we'll come up with a topic that I hope everyone will respond to. Now, we have four guests coming up this hour in our night Side News Update, and we're going to begin with doctor Simone Alicia. She's an award winning motivational speaker and international personal development expert. And that all sounds really positive. But we're going to talk about one of the most destructive events I think domestic events in our lifetime, and that is this rash of fires out in California. Just unbelievable, Doctor Elisia, and welcome to Nightside. Welcome to Boston.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much for having me. Dan. I am happy to be here. Wish the topic was happier, but I'm happy to be here. Nonetheless, No, I totally.
Speaker 2: Get that, and I don't want to make it a down or but you actually are someone who can help people work through these situations. And look, I can't imagine what it's like for that community to have gone through what they have gone through. But all of us go through losses in our lives. You know, family members or close friends pass away. And we also do have our own accidents, you know, friends of mine, you know, in recent recent weeks, if someone calls us says they broke this or whatever. So how do you keep going? How do you cope with with any sort of a roadblock? But let's talk about how you cope with something as really apocalyptic as the Caniornia wildfires.
Speaker 3: Say thank you, yeah, thank you for making that bridge between you know, not only the wildfires, but a lot of things I go on in our lives, right, but with an extra special emphasis on this, like you said, apocalyptic situation. So one of the first things I want to start with, just so we can be on the same page, is that you know, some people will talk about this be positive, be positive, to the point where you're like, Okay, you know this is not a positive situation. What do you mean by be positive here? You know, it doesn't seem to apply. And so I want to kind of give everybody that safe space to know we're not going to just jump into just be positive. Instead. What the real magic here that's backed by science and research is that what we have going on in our heads, the way that we sess it and the way we frame it, the way we talk about it and think about it, lets us can let us heal and deal with it. So we deal in the present and we heal in the future. But that really has to do a lot with how we approach the problem. And that's what I would really love to talk about today, is how do we actually get into that, especially when it's at this level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so going, I mean, it's tough. On the one hand, we're talking about the California fires, but I also want to make it apply to people who have suffered a recent loss, and that loss could be you know, a variety of things. How do you exactly well, I'm going to ask you how to bridge that gap? Can you talk both to people? I mean, I don't think there's anyone in California who's listening to us tonight who have suffered the loss of these thousands of people. But let's just like it. And I mean, we've all heard about that whole process, the range of emotions, grief, anger, and anxiety and then finally acceptance and all of that. And that's easy, right, But what do you tell people right?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent? So my perspective is a little bit different. I kind of go off the beaten path in some of the things that I've studied and the principles that I bring to the table. So the first thing I'd like to say is we have to let ourselves kind of deal with the things that are happening in front of us. We have to when people say keep it real and then we go straight to the negative. It's not always just the negative things that are real, right, Some of the positive things are real too. So what I've learned is that if we can kind of say this stinks and just kind of list that out faith that look at it in the faith, then we can kind of give ourselves a sense of release. But that release and relief that we get is really temporary. So I'm like, I don't want it to be temporary. We want long term results. We want to long term you know, feel better. So what I've come up with is this process, and I call it the refill and the release to me, the relief and refill process. And hear, what you do is you actually kind of think of it as the dentist. Now, nobody loves the dentist usually, but let's think of this example. So if you've got a cavity, right, that would be a negative thing in your life or and your experience in the moment. Of course, when you go to the dentist, they got to scoop the negative thing out. But we don't just scoop it out and then just leave the dentist's chair. Right. We don't walk around with this gaping hole in our head and just like walking around because then it's going to get worse. It'll get filled in with whatever it's kind of flying by, and it's going to make it worse. So the biggest piece that I've brought to this concept of maybe journaling or releasing is that you have to be intentional and deliberate about refilling. This is where you take a look at your situation and you lift for real the things that are not working, Like this is terrible, this is horrible, Like I cannot believe this, and you just let go. You just released with just like reckless a band and let it out. But on the very next, let's say page, if you're writing in a journal, you literally go and you refill and you start writing things that are a little bit more on the hopeful side. But it's not false or fake or pretend positivity. It's legitimate. You know what is working. You know this part of my family is safe, or you know I still have a roof over my head, and you really start searching, and I call this seeking your happiness. You know, we kind of sit back sometimes and real like I just want happiness to kind of flu in, sit on my lap and just make me feel better. But sometimes we got to go out and search for it, and you know, we got to like really program the brain. And that's what it really comes down to is when I can do this process of releasing what's really like bothering me and just doing it day by day and then refilling It's something deeper is happening here because I'm changing the makeup of my brain. I'm literally creating neural pathways that say this is terrible, but I'll be okay. And when we have that pathway in the brain that says, you know what, it's terrible, but I'll be okay, then we build on that. Then we start having chemical emotions that are flowing through our bodies that match the it'll be okay part of things, and then we start to build resilience. So I'm not just saying, you know, you know, look in the mirror and say, oh I'm fine, and you know all as well. I'm really asking us to really, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Just bringing it back to California. As I watched just some of the news reports over the last few weeks, there have been some people who clearly they devastated, but they will say, look, absolutely the things in the house can be replaced back. There are some things that copy replaced, pictures and mementos and you know, family treasures and all of that. But they talked generally about the house's brick and mortar, or it's wood and shingles or whatever, but the family's okay. Everyone got out on time, or people were away when it happened, or the pets got out. So there were people out there who always seem to look at you know, it's the old glass half full, half empty argument. But those people looked as if they were handling it better than the people who were not able to focus on any aspect. There was one woman who found her wedding ring. I saw a story. I forget which network was on it. Her focus was on this wedding ring that had been lost and she found it in the rubble. And he asked, Wow, the miracles that you hear about, It's like, how is that possible? You know, you have a book, and I think there's a lot more in the book than we have time to covered tonight. So let's talk about how folks can get more information on you, and how perhaps they can they can get to some whatever book you have right now that because a lot of people will listen and they'll be intrigued. So give us the name, and what can they do to get in touch with you or find some of your work, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: So the book I woant have referenced today is actually a journal called the Release and Refill Journal, and it lets you guide you through that process of releasing that pain and refilling. And I just want to say, Dan, I really appreciate how you added that story about who people who seem to sound more like you know, Well, that's stuff, and people are safe. They have a program they're running in their minds already and we can all learn that program. So that's what I hope to help people to do, is to kind of reinstall that mental programming that helps us to kind of, like you said, see the glass half full. That it always depends on how we approach the glass, whether we think it's full of off or empty, rights where we are when we see the glass. So yeah, the book is called Release and Refill. It's a journal. It's available on Amazon, and it will go do through the steps of just releasing the negativity, being more intentional about the positivity, leading you to create different pathways in the brain and better emotion in your body to feel good from the actual inside, not pretending, not feaking, but genuinely helping your physical body to generate better feelings of resilience and coping and being able to get through pretty much anything. I love to say that we can overcome anything, and we can achieve everything. We just have to have the right tools to do so.
Speaker 2: Release and Refiel. I think it's one of those books that probably should be every family should have one and should be periodically reviewed in good times and and dad on amaz that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's beautiful. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I really enjoyed our conversation. You have been a wonderful guest, and I'd love to have you back, maybe even in longer form. I might hit my producer get in touch, and maybe we'll get you to take some calls some night. Okay, that might be fun.
Speaker 4: Oh, listeners, I'm already there.
Speaker 3: Dan, you just say the word time and dating. I'm there. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's great, doctor, Simone, Alicia, thank you doctor. Have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 3: You see, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: All right, when we get back here on Nightside, we will change topics just a little bit and we're going to talk about the danger of surrendering information through the Internet, particularly to apps, and when you want to delete the apps, how can you make sure that everything has been deleted. Uh, it's a conversation that I think we need to have, and we will have that conversation on the other side of this break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Sorry, welcome back everyone. I'm delighted to be joined by James Lee. He's the president of the Identity Theft Resource Center. James Lee, welcome. We all know what identity theft is and some of us have suffered from that. And you're suggesting that maybe the apps that all of us who have smartphones, iPhones and all that, Uh, that maybe those apps are a portal into our privacy and into our identity. Am I right or wrong? Am I reading you correctly?
Speaker 4: You're reading that exactly right. And thanks for thanks for asking to come talk tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of little stealthy ways we don't really think about how we were giving away our information and we're in many cases still compromising. The bad days don't have to come after us. We're giving the information away and we don't even realize we're doing. And apps are one of those ways that happened.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that bothers me is whenever I go on the Internet and I go on really and I order something you're giving you can't give them cash you've got in the store. You've got to give them one of your credit cards. And I'm thinking, well, how many people get that information? I mean, what's the security of this business that I'm buying the swift or sweeper or some other thing you see on late night television? Are we crazy to buy stuff through the internet?
Speaker 4: Generally thinking it's fine now, but we're in an area where artificial intelligence is making it really easy to set up a fake website, and so we have to be very careful about using only those sites and only those apps that we know are legitimate. And those are the ones that are they're run by recognized companies. They may be your local merchant, but you know them, so it's okay to use those. It's the ones where we don't really know anything about them, and they don't give you the option to not save your credit cards. A legitimate website is going to say this. You know, I'm here as a guest. I'm doing this as a guest, so I don't have to give you all of my information and you're not going to keep credit card if they don't pay you that option.
Speaker 2: But how I look, I've done that before and I said, you want us to keep your credit card on file? And I always say no, But how do I know they're not going to keep my credit card on file anyway?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's where that goes back to. You got to do business of people that you know when you crass. So if it's if it's a legitimate company that you know about, they're they're they're going to follow through because if they don't, they're going to have that credit card, the right to use that credit card processing, they're gonna have that pulled. If they don't do that, they don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me push you forward to in the app. So someone goes on and pulls down an app. And again we're not talking appetizer. We're talking about you know, uh on the web. Here. They pulled down an app for some company and they say, you know what, I really don't want to still have that, so I want to delete it. What you're saying is you've got to go into the app before you delete it and individually delete whatever pieces of information you have voluntarily surrendered to them when you signed up for the app.
Speaker 4: Right, that's correct. It's not as simphile a's just going in and delete it in it's phone because that information that you gave them is still there after you've deleted the app. It may be off of your phone, but it's not out of their servers. They still have it. So the key to this is when you're getting ready to delete an app because you don't want it or need it anymore, that subscription's over or whatever, go in and you may have to go to the website if it's not on the app itself, but there'll be a place where you can delete the information that has been stored, and you need to do that first, and then you can go on and delete the app off of your phone. But you know, even when you're setting up that app for the first time, you need to be very cautious these days about they're going to keep my information even after I have stopped my subscription. Dating apps in particular are notorious for keeping that information after you've deleted it. You found love, you've moved on, you don't need the app anymore, but they still have your pictures, they still have all of your profile comments, and they use them for advertising, and you agreed to that when you set up that account.
Speaker 2: Read that seven page agreement that with the small print.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got it. We got to that better and looking for those things. A lot of times now it's it's a checkbox, but we'll just go through a check all, check all, checkoff. But don't do that. Don't do that if you're concerned about your privacy, if you're concerned about how your information, if you don't care, if it's not.
Speaker 2: All of us do.
Speaker 4: If you don't care that your photograph is going to still be hanging around internet somewhere, that's fine, don't worry about it. But if you do care, then do spend that time. Do spend that few extra minutes to understand how they're going to use your information?
Speaker 2: How do you do you do this? Obviously you you know a lot more about this than I do. Uh, most people would. How do you do it? As an individual person? You know, I mean all of us have our other you know, have our jobs, and you know, is there a service that that your company provides that is that's reasonable for people? Or you know you're giving us great information. I'm just saying, how is it that that we can you know we can We can't do it ourselves. I mean it seems to me unless am I right on that or wrong?
Speaker 4: No, once again, you're you're a spot on because it is daunting. This is not this is not what all of us do for a living. It's not even something we want to do as a hobby or is a casual activity. We we we do these things these days because that's the way you have to conduct commerce. That's if you're gonna if you're gonna be a participant in the economy, you've got to use these things. But it's daunting, especially when you decide I don't want to do anymore. So to your to your your question about are there are there ways to be helpful? There are. There are some tools that are built into the devices that help you identify. You know, you haven't used this subscription in six months a year, but you're still paying for it, or or it's still on your phone. It's still collecting information about you. So it can help you identify what you need to do with the apps you're using on your device, and the same thing on your laptop or your desktop. Those same tools exist, and if we need help, you can come to us. You can come to the I t R state. We're free to a consumer. All of our services are free. You don't pay for anything. And you need somebody to hold your hand and walk you through the steps, we'll do that.
Speaker 2: Really, so this is okay. So the Identity Theft Resource Center is free. How do people find you? Just ID Theftcenter dot org.
Speaker 4: That is it and everything else can go from there. There's a toll free number on there. If you want to talk to someone. There's the ability to do live chat. If you don't want to talk to somebody, you want to do it all by chat, we can do that. We have text to chat, so you can text it from your phone and it will still show up.
Speaker 2: Okay. So with our advisors, James, what supports your company? I mean you're not independently wealthy. What supports your company?
Speaker 4: We are supported in part by the Department of Justice. We have grants from the government who assist victims of identity crimes, and we also do a lot of research, and that research is paid by organizations. Sometimes they're companies, sometimes they're academic institutions. And we do sell services to small businesses and to government agencies. Even we sell data about data breaches, not the information about the individuals, but about why data breaches occur and when they occur.
Speaker 2: So last week, I'm now a huge fan of the Identity Theft Resource Center. So folks, you can go if you have any questions. I d V excuse me, I d Theft Center. So the ID Theft Center dot org. And there is a toll free number. And Rob, I want you to write this number down because listeners might call in during the next break triple eight four hundred five five three zero. So it's eight eight eight four zero zero five five three zero or ID Theft Center dot org. You got that info, Rob, hold on and with thank you much, James Lee, thank you. Love to have you back. I'm really serious. I'd love to have you back and talk to some of my listeners. We're doing an hour some night.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, fair enough, love to do it. You tell me when and I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Thanks James, Thanks very much. Have a great weekend. You know that's good. Thank you. That is great stuff. That is something that really helps. Okay, we're gonna talk about some adolescent risk taking. Uh, the amount of nicotine that young people are now using. Uh, it's a troubling Trend'm gonna talk with doctor Bonnie Helping Felcher. Uh. She's a professor of pediatrics at Stanford University. Coming up on the other side of the news at the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hour, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Those Bella Russia belaruss soccer games, I mean I watch those all the time. I mean they're they're exciting. I'm who the hell is gonna bet on a Belarus soccer game. It's just it's a beautiful world out there. Okay, let us let us now, docuh to doctor Bonnie halpern Felcher, Doctor Halper and Felscher, welcome to Night Side. And you're concerned about trends in team nicotine use, I am too, tell us about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, good evening, and thank you so much for having me on my show, on your show, not my shows.
Speaker 2: You probably have a show too. I'll come on your show for one sometime. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't reached lab though, however, And yes, we're very concerned about adolescent and young adult nicotine and tobacco use.
Speaker 6: So good news is cigarette use has.
Speaker 5: Certainly gone down in the last you know, two to two and a half decades, that's great, but we're seeing a continuous use of e cigarettes or vaping as people would say, as well as Zin the new pouches that have come out. So we're very concerned about all of those different products right now.
Speaker 2: What is Zin. It's spelled z y N. I knew Howard Zin, the crazy professor at BU when I was at BU law School many years ago. But z Yn what it's nicotine pouch?
Speaker 1: Tell us about that, correct?
Speaker 5: So it's the latest form of smokeless tobacco. This is a small white pillow like pouch and it has nicotine within it. It's nicotino is derived from tobacco, although the tobacco it self is taken out.
Speaker 6: But it's a nicotine pouch and you put it.
Speaker 5: Between your gum and your cheek and hold it in there and then you absorb the nicotine, nitrosamines. What other other chemicals are in there? There's son I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what it sounds to me like chewing tobacco with the baseball players used to chew.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, very very similar.
Speaker 6: But the problem is that kids don't.
Speaker 5: Realize what's in them, and they don't have the history. And these have three or six milligrams.
Speaker 6: In nicotine, and kids are using multiple pouches at once, so.
Speaker 5: They're getting upwards of one or more packs of cigarettes with a nicotine in their body at any given time.
Speaker 2: You know, I know that you're very concerned about this issue, and I am as well. I don't know, just since I analogize that that pouch to, you know, try a tobacco. The baseball players, there was a pretty famous baseball player. I don't know if you're sure. If you're a sports fan, you're probably not as old as I am. A guy named Bill Tuttle played for the Tigers and the Athletics. You should look him up. Bill Tuttle. He ended up literally losing his jaw to jaw cancer, and Major League Baseball back in the seventies and eighties used to bring him around to spring training camps and have him talk to the young players about the use of tobacco or the jaw as they called it, and kids, every kid in high school I think as a graduation picture or when they enter high school should get a picture Bill Tuttle. How horrible, horrible presentation, but I think it did a tremendous amount of good of goodwill and if you've never heard about him. It's a great story. I think you know, I think you would. You would enjoy seeing how it evolved because he went from you know, being a great young baseball player in the nineteen fifties in early sixties to somebody who was dealing with losing his job at jow cancer.
Speaker 5: Meaning, well, we are worried, we are worried. We don't know if Sin's going to cause the same problem because I haven't been around, but we're very concerned about jaw cancer and throat cancer and cavities and other issues, particularly for young people, and we're worried about their developing brains and addiction.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what happened here? What happened? You know, my parents' generation, we're all smokers. I must tell you, I've been involved. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, but one of the stupid things that I've never done in my life is smoke a cigarette. And I'm very happy. And I think the reason I did smoke a cigarette was my dad smoked two packs of unfiltered Campbells a camel's a day, and I came to hate cigarette smoke. So he did me a favor actually and he went cold Turkey when the Surgeon General's report came out in sixty four and stopped smoking cold Turkey, which was in a amazing feet. Yeah's casual War two veteran, one of those guys smoking if you've got them, you're in war zone and you're smoking cigarettes to relax a little bit. So why has this generation now kind of doubled back. Is this a form of protest against their parents, who are for the most part non smokers. What's going on?
Speaker 5: No, No, I actually really don't think that that's what it is, because a lot of the young people are well aware that cigarettes are bad. We've done that part of public health. We've all done a really good job getting that message out. I think it has to do to be honest with social media and the flavors and stress. So social media, you know, these products now e cigarettes in other tobacco products are advertised on social media and their advertis will look cool, and teens don't think that they're cigarettes, that they're a form of nicotine or tobacco.
Speaker 6: They don't get it, and they think a just.
Speaker 5: Harmless water ape or harmless flavors or it's.
Speaker 6: Not a big deal, and it is.
Speaker 5: But they just don't understand it. And then the flavors, you know, unlike cigarettes, and now we just have mental A lot of these are the products. We have many, many thousands of different flavors that have been available over time on the market, and teens like the flavor and they like the bugs. There's so much nicotine in these products. And finally they're self meditating a lot of young people. We've done research on this and others that they're just depressed and anxious and scared right now. And when that happens, teens turned to nicotine, like you were saying, and during war as a way to relax, as a way.
Speaker 2: To ask a dumb question. But a professional I get paid to ask them questions as to talk about. So you're talking about this generation being scared and being anxious. The generation that I grew up with, we hit under our desks because we were fearful of ri clear attack. We lived through the Civil Rights era, we lived through the Vietnam War. Some of us served. And I don't understand kids today who are sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen year old. I've said this before on Normandy. They were a bunch of seventeen and eighteen and nineteen and twenty year olds hitting the beaches on d Day of nineteen forty four. Those people should have been anxious. Those people should have been scared to death. What if did these kids have any sense of history? They got it much better than the kids who turned of age in the early nineteen forties. I mean, what's not taught in school? You know what?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's fair. No, I think it's I think it's very true.
Speaker 6: I think it's fair.
Speaker 5: I think the difference is the current teens and young adults just came out of the pandemic where they just didn't have a way to have an outlet for their stress. They didn't have a way to have the conversations, and they were just them and their social media and them their computers and phones, and there wasn't really that outlet for them. I hear you, I totally hear.
Speaker 7: You in.
Speaker 2: Distress. Distress because they had to take zoom classes and sometimes out in public wear masks as opposed to the people who are carrying M one rifles or normandy And when jone of nineteen forty four, I think we've caddled them. I really mean that professor and I think that the schools are the schools not teaching in junior high school? You know they talk about you just say no, you know the drug anti drug programs of the eighties and all of that, which tended to be a failure. Are they not teaching about the dangers of nicotine the kids in junior high schools. We're the educators in all of this that I'm really I gave wound up on this one, and I'm sorry. I'm not being critical. I'm just saying that that these kids they got it better than many people that they realize, and they shouldn't be using that as an excuse for throwing a zim pouch in their mouth every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, it's all it's all good points, and it's just different ways that we help them cope. And I think we're not helping them cope as much as we used to do. Whatever it might be. But on the education front that you're talking about, So, yes, you're right, the DARE programs and they just say, n oh no, don't work.
Speaker 6: They haven't worked for years.
Speaker 5: Our lab Our Reach lab at Stanford we have free curriculums that actually are being used in Boston throughout Massa Jesus throughout the whole country. They're free vaping and smokeless tobacco and cigarette prevention curriculums that are focused on just say kN ow, let's have knowledge.
Speaker 6: And we work on stress and coping with the young people. We work on.
Speaker 5: Nicotine understanding, We work on understanding flavors and marketing.
Speaker 6: And all that we've had success. We have seen a reduction and.
Speaker 5: We're hoping that teachers and school administrators will help.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, the nicotine.
Speaker 5: Content is so high a lot of young people are becoming so we also need cessation resources for these teams.
Speaker 2: Professor, I hope that you might remember the name Bill Tuttle, look it up and get that into high school curriculum. I think a lot of kids when they see the picture of this guy, you know, as a ballplayer in the fifties, and when he looked like fift what he looked like fifteen or twenty years later, I think there'd be some real shock value there. Anyway, I really appreciate your time, and I know I don't want you to think I gave you a hard time, But I don't get a chance to talk to professors at Stanford University very much and I've really enjoyed the conversation with you, Doctor Bonnie Helping Felcher. How can folks get in touch with you? Do you have some sort of a book that you'd like to recommend for parents to read?
Speaker 5: Yeah, please come to our reach Lab website Stanfordreachlab dot com or just google Stanford reach Lab at and you'll be able to find us and come check out our free resources and curriculums that.
Speaker 6: We have for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Stanford University has the toughest business school to get into of every business school in the country. I want to go on.
Speaker 5: The record, I love it. I love it. I'm not part of that admissions committee thankfully, but.
Speaker 2: You're part of Stanford University, a great school. It has some pretty good athletes coming out of there as well. Thank you so much, doctor Bonnie Helping Fellship. Back on Nightside right after this with one more guest.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z.
Speaker 2: The news radio. We are one not the guest, Norbot Heiser, a health and wellness educator, entrepreneur, and author. I'm going to talk about five G technology. This is an area that I really don't quite understand. As well as probably our guest will, and maybe as well as some of you will. Five G technology is making headlines and joining us now. Is Norbert Hawser, mister Hauser? I hope I I've gotten close to the correct pronunciation of your last name, was said Heiser, Actually Oyser.
Speaker 7: But don't worry, it's me. It's me, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I'm going to call you Norbert then, if that's okay with you. What is our bread five G technology? I'm not the most hit guy on three G, four G, five G. What are we talking about here? What's the danger?
Speaker 7: Well, it started with one G in the nineteen eighties, and with every G the gene just means generation, the first generation, second generation, third generation, and with every generation it became more tricky, more dangerous, more harmful, more technology, more speed, more options for business, and so on. And five G, which we have now, which we consider new, is not new. It has been around ninety since nineteen sixties, used by the armies as a weapon.
Speaker 2: So now it's going to be available to all of us, I assume in the not too distant future, if not already on our own computers on our iPhones and cell phones.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, the majority is four G and five G took over and there's some areas where five G is not completely but about so we consider nowadays we're talking five G.
Speaker 2: Okay, now as I understand that the problem is what they call the hidden risk of electro magnetic fields EMFs. What's the danger in the EMFs? What? What should we be aware of?
Speaker 7: The I use the term electromagnetic radiation. It's the radiation, and the radiation harms the human body, there's no question, and plants and animals alike, and soarm forth. The problem is that the world is based on electromagnetic radiation. So you cannot make a cell phone call without electromagnetic radiation or use Wi Fi without electromag variation. You needed to use this technology, but the people who created it never created it as a safe tool which doesn't harm the human body. It harms, there's no question. There's plenty of proof for that.
Speaker 2: I remember when cell phones were first coming into popular use, oh back in the late nineties and early two thousands, and there were some studies done on whether or not the use of cell phones were increasing brain cancers. Have those studies ever been either proven or disproven? Are they still an open question?
Speaker 7: Well, it's always where the business is is the proof? There's no question. Look, every third person at the moment dies of cancer, every third person, and the numbers getting worse. Now you tell me why is every third person dying of cancer? What do you hear out there in the world. What's the reason? They don't talk about the reason? So to my definition, yeah, before you do that.
Speaker 2: Fifty years ago, what was the percentage of people dying of cancer? If we know?
Speaker 7: Oh minimum, the same for Parkinson, the same for Alzheimer's. Okay, it's all the same. These illnesses increased with the usage of Wi Fi and there's plenty of study. There's a fantastic book which I recommend on my website. I don't tell the book. It's called The Danger of five G written by a whistle blower from the Canadian Army, doctor nor Jerry Flynn, and he was a specialist in warfare using this technology, and he admitted it later we screwed up the same Berry Trauer from England, whistleblower from the English Army using this technology as a weapon, and they all explain it and they all tell Now, well we screwed up. We shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: So if four G, five G, et cetera is everywhere everywhere, what can the average individual do to avoid it.
Speaker 7: If anything, you can't avoid it, it's over. It's too late. When I started my venture twenty years ago, this is how long I'm working on this subject. I had places in every household which was safe. But now you have Wi Fi everywhere, so it doesn't work anymore that you switch off your cell phone or you switch off your Wi Fi. If you switch off your Wi Fi and you go on your computer, the computer offers you five ten Wi Fi connections from your neighbors all around you, right, which means it's there, whether you switch off yours or not. So it's too late what it is, and this is where I worked on for the last twenty years to provide a technology where the Wi Fi the elect radiation is not harmful to the human body anymore. We dunify the negative effect. Now that sounds fantastic, and it is fantastic, but most people will not believe it. So I had more all my products being scientifically tested by the Institute in Austria over a thousand, five hundred pages. They did test on the human body, for example, being exposed to a cell phone and being then with my product protected that before and after on the human body, no question. On my website, improve your Life dot us, Improve your Life dot us. You can read all those documentations. You don't need to believe me. But the point is we have to. I had to, and some people do it as well, not so many to give a technology to counter what the big industry is lacking because they never had to prove that a cell phone is harless. Never ever.
Speaker 2: Your website improve your life us do us dot us? Excuse me, improve your life dot us. Doctor Heiser, Let's talk about bringing you back for a longer period of time, because I think you have much more to say, and I've run out of time this hour, but I'll have my should get back in touch with you.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well I'll be happy. I'll be happy. Well, there's much more to be said, there's no question, And the point is it's getting worse but not better.
Speaker 2: Well, fine, let's let's try to We'll try to work with you and try to help. And I thank you very much for the work you've done over these decades. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you for having me, sir, thank you for giving the opportunity to get some truth out there.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have you back when we get back. Right after the nine o'clock news, are going to talk about the return of Taxachusetts here in the good old Commonwealth of Massachusetts.