Speaker 1: You have to love the laugh. Welcome back to Sports Radio, July the second, twenty twenty five. Phone numbers five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two, five seventy nine hundred. This is Sports Talk seven ninety kr D. I've got Big John behind the glass. We have the switching sands and the production booth. Now that Shannon's on vacation, So John, welcome to the Sports Radio. Are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing well? How are you, Jerry John?
Speaker 1: I can't complain, yeah, and I can't play. I just can't believe you told me. And I didn't know that my man Toni CRUs At retired. They'll let you know how bad I am in my little cubby hole, and especially now that it's been over a month since arm cru has been gone, I can't believe that. Honestly, Tony was the production He was the producer of the Denny Joe B Show. You remember Joe B Dinny Show. Yes, and that was my first breaking the radio. Eleven years ago. Coach Crumb had me sit in on his show with Coach Hall and that was my first break. And this is amazing. It is so anyway, we gotta move on into other things. But we appreciate you sitting in and you're gonna have a fun, a lot of fun today. I'm not gonna mess with you like I usually. I'm gonna leave you alone time. I'm gonna be polite and nice. It's Wednesday, and it's the second. It's a beautiful day outside. There's no rain, beautiful day outside, it's not super hot, it's nice. So people will be able to get in their exercise today. But so I'm gonna be nice today, John, for you, only you, John, Well, I appreciate it. I was even nice to Gus. I gave us a hard time. But anyway, bring on my younger son from me, John, Bring on Anthony Eves to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: How you feeling this day. I'm just trying to tell you. I think I'm just trying to collect my thoughts. That's all. I'm just trying to gather and lock in. It's Wednesday, I'm day and I'm just trying to get myself together. That's all. I'm sitting here right now, Anthony reminiscing. I might throw out a little tidbit to our listeners, and I may have to speak a little bit more about Indiana pacers and coats because we may be going to Indianapolis's market. So it's an interesting little tidbit. I'll talk to our fans a little bit more in friends about it more as it gets closer. But I might be trying to stretch out into that Indie market, Anthony, So you know that means Hoo's your basketball. No, I didn't say that, Hoosiers. I didn't say that about Indiana basketball. I didn't say that. You know, I just can't compare with Kentucky and louisbo that's all. But that's okay. But we may be doing that. So anything, I'm just sitting here trying to get my mind together. You never know, shifting sands, things are always changing. So that's all. What do you got? What's going on with you? What's going on with.
Speaker 2: We just got a lot. We're getting hit with new updates between Wimbledon, NBA sports, college sports. Over the last couple of plays that's been it's been a handful, to say the least, but it's been exciting. It's honestly, it's keeping something going throughout the summer. I hate, I hate to say it for those baseball fans. But this right here is uly the most boring time in sports. We do like watching the World Series. I'm just not the biggest baseball fans, so baseball kind of bores me during the regular season. But and I hate to se that, and I hate to say that NBA basketball bores me during the regular season too, So I'm not gonna sit there.
Speaker 1: It will be under the boat.
Speaker 2: I don't just like college sports. College football, college basketball is is my favorite time. I love fall sports going into the winter. That's just that's peak.
Speaker 1: Sports for me. I know the weather is terrible and.
Speaker 2: It's freezing outside, but I still go out there and freeze and a tailgate at a football game, then probably go to an mob game. I'm just gonna be completely honest.
Speaker 1: I agree with you left out the top dog. NFL is the big dog. I love the NFL. I tell you, I can't wait till the end of the season starts. I start arguing with all my cat fans about Lamar Jackson. I don't care. I can't wait. I just love the NFL. I always have. It's been my favorite sport my entire life. Anthony. I mean, my dad stopped me from playing football. I was a much better football player than basketball. And that is the gods on the street, not close. I was like my older brother carry, I just couldn't wait to get on the field. So anyway, but we do. The NBA has done a great job of giving us things in the summer, and next week I'm going to the summer League. I mean, we have got college all over. The pain of these athletes is crazy. Let's don't forget and the WNBA, the fever the WNBA has taken off. I don't care what any Caitlin Clark I hate. You know, it's so funny, Anthony, because we are in America still so racist on some thing. I don't understand the WNBA, And I know Caitlin clarkson a shooting slump. That girl is a bad man, period, point blank. She's made me watch women's sports perry point blank. I just don't get it. And I don't mind them bumping her. And I don't mind those things. Yeah that's basketball. Larry Bird got thrown down, Magic Johnson got thrown down, Michael Jordan got thrown I don't mind that. But I would just like the people still knew as a player in that era, Anthony, I knew Bird was a bad man. I knew Magic. I knew what Magic and Larry did for the league when I came in, what they were doing before I got there, I'd know. That's the only thing. I just would like to know. The WNBA would say, and know what that girl's doing for that league? Private planes, better paid, I mean, sellout games. Come on, and honestly, Angel Reese, she can't shoot, but she's Dennis Rodman. But again, she'd bring in notoriety to the sport. I just don't get it. I don't. But they're doing well too. There's a lot going on now sports wise in the summer that they're used to not anty ten years ago. It was a slow time. I mean, it was truly a slow time, I thought, But not now. There's a lot to talk about. So now tell me where are we already, Golly Jon World, because we're gonna cut this show up too also as the best stuff, so we're gonna stay on task. So it's seven twelve. But you know, first and foremost, before we get into the things, we have to talk about what happened to Coco Golf yesterday? And you know your friend Bland and put it on me next thing, I know, I see a tweet Jerry says Coco Goff's name out of his mouth and she loses in the first round. Come on, Blanding. It just can't kill me all the time. What happened to Coco Anthony? I mean twenty nine unforced eras nine double faults. I think she was still bringing a little that champaign from the French Open. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it yesterday. We know, and I don't want to sit here and kill it because we've all had bad performances.
Speaker 1: Where I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, and sometimes it's not even a physical aspect of sports.
Speaker 1: I of it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna understand. Athletes are still normal people, and there's things that go on mentally outside of sports that people may not know about sometimes. And it can be small things too. And I've said this before. Even in my sports playing career, when I wasn't mentally in the best place, I feel like I was having bad grades, or I got in trouble at home, or I was just having trouble with friends or family. I didn't perform my best and I know that for a fact, and I never performed the best when I feel like I had stuff going on outside of sports that was causing a lot of things to be on my mind. When I feel like I had things checking off the boxes correctly, I played my best. And that's and that's one hundred percent fact. And it could be the same thing. Similar with cocoa golf, you know, obviously, and sometimes it could just be just a bad performance day. Sometimes, you know, in basketball, you feel you feel fine, but the shots that aren't falling. Sometimes the sirs feel good in tennis and they're just they're just not there. They're just not hitting off the square of the face like you think they are. Some of the shots that you've practiced over the last couple of years. Everything feels a little bit short, or the shorts, the shots who feel a little.
Speaker 1: Longer hitting outside the line.
Speaker 2: So it happens. But she did lose in the first round yesterday and the woman's wimble. Then she lost to Diana Yastrimsky in the first round in straight sets. She lost seven to six in the first set and then six to one on the second set. That's the only reason why it's such an eye raisers, because ye to an unranked player in the first round, and.
Speaker 1: She's lost in the first round before. But the way did it Anthony six one? God? The girl just Jack Reuter in the second set? God. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's not the only American to lose to uh. Jessica Bagool, the number three ring player in the world too, she lost in her first round as well, So I know there's someone who off out there, like she's the only player that lost, She's not the only one. There was another women's players in high rankings. Even on the men's sides, Carl with Alcharz, he still struggled kind of in his first.
Speaker 1: He still struggle five sets. Yes, he struggled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't, you know, the most pretty looking victory. But yeah, there's there's a lot of names, even on the men's side, for those who aren't super familiar with tennis. Lorenzo Blusseti, who was actually the seventh rank player in the men's sit at side, he lost in three one sets yesterday, and he's the number seventh rank player in the world. He lost to the naturally ranked one hundred and twenty six Shepalov, who's the number twenty seventh rank player in the world, lost as well. He lost. He won the first set six to three, then lost three straight sets after that. So there's players on the men's side who were in the top twenty five that took losses to the number three ranked player on the men's size. Zevaz lost in five sets as well too, So it's you know, I know we're throwing Coco's off under the bus, but there's there had to be at least five men in the top twenty five that lost in their first round. The men's wom will do as well too, So it happens in every sport. So Coco goffill bounce back during the Woman's US Open, and I think she'll be fine. But it's just and I hate to say it sucks. It was why I saying it sucks because she's like our one African American woman's figure that we have now in like Serena and Venus at the time, yes, kind of carry the black side for women's tennis. So we love to see her be successful. So it were liked, haang, she didn't make it past the first round. I'm like, she's like our she's like our black woman's icon of tennis.
Speaker 1: Now right, No, that's fact. She has to carry the trophy. Sometimes that Mando is heavy, that's just the fact, but she will bounce back. Uh. Playing tennis on grass Anthony and Clay is different. It's just different game, more volleying. It's just different. But congratulations to the winners and we'll continue watching. That's the one thing that's going to be on during the fourth of July that you'll be able to watch that is really entertaining. So we'll make sure we do that. And we are at seven to seventeen and we're gonna at the show. We want to make sure that we keep it at the fifteen thirty forty five. So John, do me a favor, take me to break. When we come back. We've got a lot of NBA, a lot of football to get into. And SGA he's just got a couple of coins in his pocket, not a lot, just two hundred and eighty five million dollars worth of coins in his body. We'll talk about it after the break. Welcome back to the Sports Radio seven twenty one. Yes, you should be scurrying to work if you have to be there at eight o'clock. Again, your loved ones are out there and other people's loved ones are out there, please drive safely. Welcome back to the E Sports Radio, Anthony. We got a lot of stuff to get to. Where you want to start first? We do you want to hit first?
Speaker 2: We do got a lot And one of the big things we're talking about this morning is obviously was one of the WNBA's NBA expansions that are coming about for twenty twenty five all the way through the year of twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: But one of the things we were.
Speaker 2: Talking about on there is obviously Louisville is not one of those teams in the contention once again, which you know, I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm just more selfish, like we don't even give ourselves a chance. We don't want an NBA team, We don't want the w NBA teams, we don't want NFL teams, we don't want professional baseball, hockey, nothing. It's for it to be such a decent sized city. It's like we don't want any advancement when it comes to sports. They want to grow U of l tours, which I do like. But you know, I hate to say that Louisville is not just a college town. Lexington is a college town. If you take UK out of Lexington, there's nothing there. But if you take U of L out of U of L, you still have infrastructure here. There's still a lot of successful businesses. It's still a decent sized city.
Speaker 1: I'm when Kentucky in Kentucky anymore. Hugh mad has left. Here's the problem, which people don't get it. They get mad at me because I tell them, but they don't want to understand it. Let's just be honest with this. The DUNNBA had probably eleven or twelve cities that they were looking at. We know that they have selected. We know this year San Francisco came in. We know that I think Toronto and Portland are coming in next year. Okay, both of them are very nice size. Toronto is a huge city. Portland is not. Portland is a Louisville Kentucky. I'm telling you, period point blank. But their leadership had foresight any so a lot of times. Really good friends of mine I mean this have told me, Jerry, get over it. You have to get over that. We didn't get Charlotte. We have to get over we didn't keep the colonels. Well, guys, that's the reason why we don't get a WNBA franchise. That's why I don't want to let it go because if we continue to have that thought process, Anthony, You're correct, everything's going to leave the city. We will be a minor league everything, and we don't We shouldn't be that other than and everyone knows what did they say about Jerry's and Churchill downs in the need to Churchill downs. And I don't even gamble, Anthony, I want people to understand this. I bet on my college number across the board derby weeket's fun. I don't gamble. Period. We were in Panama City, Panama Ana. I think I gambled with forty bucks. I think I gave Ashley, your daughter, twenty dollars. I may have gambled forty, let's say sixty, sitting next to you and your mom, just having fun, and I lost my money. That's why I don't gamble. They took my sixty dollars. We need Churchill downs, we needed the WNBA. But people in this city are surprised when we don't get them. And I mean my counterparts on other stations. How could Louisville not get them? Because we haven't done anything to get them. We've done everything not to get them, that's the problem. But we're not going to say who was a part of it, who put us in this situation. We're just gonna act like, oh, they're neglecting Louisville. No, they are not. We made bad decisions throughout the years. Our leaders that we elect got me and people that we hire that get power positions have put us in this position. That's why I can't let it go. We've got an NBA arena, we do Anthony. We don't have an NBA team, we have a w NBA arena, and we don't have a WNBAT And until our leaders completely change their thought process completely to where they tell these franchises X, Y and Z made mistakes, we're not going to make those mistakes again. We're never going to have anything. So it is what it is. It doesn't surprise. I hate it because for a radio show hosts Anney that ten years from now, when I'm gone and you're running it, right, you'd love to have a WNVA franchise here in the city. It's more to talk about. It gives people things to do. People don't understand Americans love sporting events. Takes you off of the mundane workday, that's all there is to it. Some people love the arts, Anthony. People love the theater. Jim Haynes, my man, he loves the theater, got me, Mike Vin, Billy Hayes. They love sports, got me some of my biggest John Carney Partey's got he loves sports. Everybody has a niche and that's why community should grow. You should try to bring as many artsy things and sports as artsy to your community because everyone's different. But you want to try to serve your community. So, Anthony, I hate it. The expansion fee would have been fifteen to twenty million, got me, Anthony, fifteen twenty million. But it's well worth it in the long haul. You see what these things franchises do for city. So and now I'm with you, and honestly, Kentucky, the University of Kentucky, Anthony is the entire state. See has got Lexington, It's got fans here in Louisville. He's got fans in Eastern and Louisville. Coach Crumb's era, My championship, Darryl Griffiths Championship Riding and Scooter, and Derek Smith Wiley's championship took us out into the state do where we have fans out in the state and into Indiana. That's what championships do back in the day. But again, a WNBA franchise in this state, Anthony helps Kentucky also, So I hate it. But I've heard all the stuttle, but we haven't touched it at all this week. But everyone was talking about how could Louisville not be on the list? Guys, we have turned our back on professional sports leagues. Duh. But you know, don't say that, Jerry, I'm lying. Then I would love for someone to call those shows. I heard about them. People were calling me Anthony and ask them, then what do they think happened? All they say is always we're always crying, whining. They left us out. No they didn't. We had people that told them we didn't need an NBA program directly, So here we are. But we're never going to say that because we're never going to tell the truth about the history of what's happened in this city truly since nineteen seventy five and the Colonel's going defunct, not finding the money for the Colonels to go to the NBA should have found the money, just like the Pacers scrapped up the money, begged barrot and stole the money. I don't care what you have to do. That's what foresight is, Anthony, That's what leadership is. We wouldn't be in this position, but we are. And all the cities around us, Hey, Porlo and Nashville, they get another pro anything just I would love for Louisville fans to drive to Nashville, Tennessee just one time, then drive back and you'll understand what I'm saying, period, point blank. None of the other cities. No, Oakland. I'm not going to compare us to Oakland. I've been there one hundred times, Anthony. I've been to Philadelphia, honestly, two hundred times. I've been to Portland probably fifty times. Got me. I've been to Toronto probably thirty times, Anthony, I'm not comparing to those I would like for If you had an opportunity to go to Portland, Oregon, you'd be like Portland, Oregon is Louisville, Kentucky exactly with pro franchises. That's all. So leadership is important, no matter what people want to tell you in this city, no matter how much they want to dumb you down. Leadership in foresight is important, that's all. That's why you don't have one. That's why I'm looking to go to Indianapolis. It sure opens up a lot of more things to speak about, that's all. So anyway, we're at seven twenty eight, let's stay on task and cut it up. When we come back, we're gonna get into all the things that are transparent in that NBA. We're gonna lean on you to tell me what's going on, and we're gonna talk about that contract. And I think I could assign for if shake Gildings, Alexander's worth two hundred and eighty five millionaire, I think I could have gotten today's market. I might have got two hundred and eighty five dollars. Hell I don't know is the sports radio. We'll talk to you all after the break. Welcome back to the sports radio. It's a seven thirty three. It's Wednesday, July. The second eight o'clock is approaching. I know there's some people have to be at work at seven thirty or late, but still take your time. Be safe, Anthony. Look, this NBA has gone flat dad crazy, So I'm just throwing it to you. The late Great Junior Bridgeman can't believe he's gone. Came on our show last fall, Anthony and he had purchased a portion of the Milwaukee Bucks, remember, and we had a great time with him on and he said that if the Bucks did not win this year that there would be major changes. That's what he said. And I thought it would start with Doc Rivers. There'd be major changes. I thought Doc would be the first major change. What do you think yesterday the Bucks waving Damian Lillard? What do you think? I mean, they just waved the man thirty eight years old Anthony Perennial All Star gone.
Speaker 2: Well, I think one of the key topic you said right there was that thirty eight year old number. Now we might have that's an old age hern Achilles tear. And you know, it's funny the podcast between you know, Kevin Gurant Lebron and Steve Nash and they were talking about, you know, the six to two guard really is is a shorter margin of air now than they used to And I mean that in the senses that if you're not an elite defender like they said, like Drew Holliday, Daveyon, Mitchell Lougan, doorts you know, Alex Brusso those six two sixty three six war guards that aren't a defensive liability because teams expose it now and they did back then too, but they attack guards that can't defend. That's why Lucas had such a tough time. I love Luca, but Luca can't guard a soul and that's one of the major reasons why Dallas kind of got rid of him. Too out of shape and you can't descend. People got out of him. Boston destroyed Luca in the finals because Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown switched on Luca Donage seventy five to eighty percent of the time. Man, they just kind of had their weights. But it's hard to go out there to expect It's hard to expect an immaculate bounce back from a six foot guard who's thirty eight years old after an Achilles's tear. He's almost on a max contract for a two year, one hundred and thirteen million dollar deal. That's just not worth the investment to clear up that much cap space to be able to go out there and sign a prominent guard, because honestly, we saw it last year. Kevin Porter's union came back to the Bucks obviously being off his suspension for a while, and he played phenomenal and his contract is drastically smaller than Damian Lewis. If I were the same thing, if I was the same thing as the Bucks franchise in front office, I would just develop Kevin Porters junior, put him at the one spot, save that cap space for younger all stars that are up and coming. Because people are gonna make moves and players are gonna change teams. Every player is not going to stay with the olkc Thunder's not enough money to go around. Every player is not going to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Every team's not gonna stay on the Lakers. There's going to be opportunity coming soon for those players to sign, those to sign to those other teams. Miles Turner is not the best big man in the league, but he is. Honestly, he's he's a starting big man and the big and the Bucks got him for honestly little to nothing. People are sing things like that, and there's no reason why that. Teams like the Bucks.
Speaker 1: The Bucks like we can get a Miles I know, but how did the Indiana Pacers let Miles Turner get away? For twenty five million dollars a year. Come on, I mean, I hate to say it to people. We know it's a lot of money. It's no money, I know, Andy, but you can't let your starting center in a finals team walk away for twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. The Pacers are cheap, man, They're cheap. I know every team at the same staff pace because we literally talked about it. Say but I swear some teams are just cheap and it shows because they won't even sign the role players to average size contracts in the NBA now. So it's just like, are these teams like everybody has a cap space to hit as There's gotta be a reason why they won't pay mouse turning twenty five years.
Speaker 1: But Niki, like.
Speaker 2: Alexander Walker, who was a role player for the Minnesota Temple, will sign the four year, sixty two million deal with the Hawks, almost fifteen million year for a guy who only toot corner three, who played a little defense.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the Pacers did that. I'm just we gotta slow it down. Indiana has been to the finals of the Eastern Conference last year, the finals in NBA this year. They were the underdog in every series. Milwaukee, New York, Cleveland got me and and Oka see it almost it went to seven games in Okay, See, let's just be honest with Okace, who I picked to win it? And you let your starting center go. The longest got person on your roster was Miles Turning. Everyone said he's a great guy. I don't know him personally. That's one person I dined, but everyone said he was a great person from which you heard listening to the talking heads on television. And you let him go for twenty five million dollars. There's two sides of this. And I can't believe he left for twenty five million dollars. I can't believe he just wouldn't force Indiana. He's been there that long. I would have thought he would have stayed. With the success that they had. That one shocked me. Anthy, not that he left, but for the amount of money. That's just no money for a starting center off a final team.
Speaker 2: It is I mean, I hate to say a funny clip I saw. I think he saw it on TikTok. It was. It was a SpongeBob clip and it was it was something at the time that he was about the flying mister crabs will.
Speaker 1: Sell a flying Dutchman SpongeBob.
Speaker 2: He said, you can even say SpongeBob, or I can give you all the money in my pocket. He said, how much money we talking?
Speaker 3: He yelled, what I'm saying, it's a crab sixty two cents, he said, sold, that's all it took.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'll it take that? What take the money?
Speaker 1: We'll take your money. I mean, that's it. So Miles Turner, that was crazy. Now let's go to the other spectrum man. You'll win it all. You go to University of Kentucky for one year. If you had to say, a person that improved each year, strived, got better, scored better, has a unique skill set Anthony, and it's taking his team to the finals and won it. He just earned a two hundred and eighty five million dollar extension, the highest and professional sports average, seventy one point two five million a year, more than we know. So Hey also took his deferred money. But still money's money. I don't care. It's higher than so Hey's seventy million, ten years, seventy million dollar deal. What do you think? And he could have taken he could have gotten a five year deal for almost seventy six million. If he'd have waited one more year. What do you think did he take it too soon? Did he pull a SpongeBob he sell hisself short six million?
Speaker 2: I think he was just trying to save a little bit, honestly, for his teammates, because you know, if he wants to keep some of those players around, especially the role players, he can't take every cent that the okayc Thunder has offer and you know, and you know, between his endorsements and what he's making now, honestly, I think for SJA, that's more than enough money for him to be like, I don't need an extra five million dollars. I'd rather you give that to Lougan Doris or Alex Caruso, or even give it to shed Jalen Williams. You know, at this point he's probably like this, He's like, probably just like, just give it to anybody. Give it to Aaron Wiggins to keep him on the team. Give it to Isaiah Joe, give it to Caseon Wallace. Those players that had big impacts throughout their season and through the playoffs, that that five million dollars could be a make or break for.
Speaker 1: Them, not friends, let's explain something because a lot of people don't know about the NBA. There is a salary cap. It went up to one hundred and fifty four million this year, and as you know, next year, not this following year, but next year, Shay will take seventy one million of that one fifty four So, Anthony, that five million you're talking about is important to keep role players so that they're just not completely bleeding money. Yes, you can go over the salary cap. Yes your ownership can pay him to the luxury tax. But people are trying to get away from that. Yes, these owners are multi billionaires. Yes it's play money, but still they're business people and they're trying to get away from that. We watched already the Boston Celtics have cast away to starters trying to lower their salary cap. So, yes, that five million dollars would be important to Okac and teammates for Shay Gilties. But Athy all almost say is this, I knew he was a good player. I never thought he'd be the good Anthony. I never thought he'd be a thirty two points seven points a game regular season thirty point three points a game in the NBA finals. I just didn't. And he is really a fine young man, so I'm happy for him, of course. Okay, See, Kevin Durant didn't bring him a championship, Anthony, James Harden didn't bring him a championship. Crazy Westbrook didn't bring him a championship. This young man here did, so congratulations. Okay. See they're going to lock him up for forever. Hopefully he can finish his career there and we'll see what happens. I'm not picking them today to win it, though, Anthony, I'm not. It's hard to repeat in the NBA. It hasn't happened now in about ten years. Anthony, it's hard to do, so I'm not doing that. But I think they'll make a run at it. But it's hard to do it, just is so. And what would you do with two and eighty five? And me? Could you find something to do with that?
Speaker 2: You know, that was crazy because we've never had that much money before. But that's the statistics that we always talk about that these guys, even back then the concerts.
Speaker 4: Were't two hundred million dollars, but they still find a way to somehow go bankrupt. Making guys do so apparently they find ways to spend one hundred million dollars like it's nothing. They do within a ten year span after their NBA career.
Speaker 1: Is over, and they I want people to know that by thirty six, over sixty five percent of them are busted. I mean, that's it's amazing. But they are over sixty five percent of the NBA players ten years out our bust. That is amazing and that shit not happen. But I fought with Isaiah Thomas, the real Isaiah Thomas Indiana when he was a player, rep about that when I work at icch and Trance Company for Bob Shawn and fred Rice, and they still haven't gotten it completely correct. What, Anthony, They could solve that issue if they just held some of these young players' money until they matured. But again, you know, doing the right thing is sometimes hard to do, and it has not been able to be passed because agents do not get paid on deferred money. Anthony, they would have to wait. Also, I don't know why they'd have a problem with that with the amount of money they're making now. But that's why they tell the kids, your money's not worth the same. It's better than no money. They know the statistics also, but they lie to the players because they want their money, which they are better to equip to handle anthony, and so on and so forth. As we always know, it hasn't ended, and it will continue until we start to teach our young athletes how to handle their wealth. All the boxers we remember, all the days the great boxers go broke. Guys make a lot of money. It's taught you must learn how to handle financial literacy. Period. People don't want to understand that you got to learn how to pick up that penny on the street. And you know it's true. I still see a peny, I pick it up. If it's not heads if I'll toss it again until his head's up, But I'm gonna put that penny in my pocket. If you can handle a penny and know the worth and the value of a penny, you'll know the value of your dollar. And if you know the value of your dollar, you'll be able to handle one hundred dollars. And if you know the value of one hundred dollars, you'll hand to handle a thousand. But if you don't know the value of money, it leaves you. Like my dad always said, I hate to tell you a fool, and his money will soon part, period, point blank. Let me say it to you again before we go to break a fool and his money will soon part because people are trying to separate you from it every day that you live. Is he? Sports Radio Anton, We're at seven forty five, John, We're gonna cut this one up when we come back. We're gonna talk about a little bit of this NCAA and some of the money that's being spent Anthony and the NBA. Soarly No, I'm just gonna ask you, is Michael Brown Jr. As good as they say? Is he? Maybe? Does he have the ability to be the best guard ever out of Louis or Anthony? Coach Beard didn't want to answer the ques, but I'm going to oppose it to you so you can let me know. Esports Radio will talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to the Sports Radio five zero two. Und got Anthony on the other line. Anthony, I'm going to ask you the question everyone is talking about Michael Brown Jr. I mean they're speaking about him like they spoke about Daryl Griffin my era, Butcher Beard before that, Junior Bridgeman, Henry Bacon Jim Price, Branford Smith. Where do you think this young man can stack up? Anthony? Is he that good? I've watched the clips of the nineteen and under US team played well. Is he that good?
Speaker 2: You know, he's shown us his potential and upside to be a great player in college basketball and even potentially in the NBA. Now, obviously we can't jump.
Speaker 5: The gun because he hasn't played technically a collegiate game, but he's got the hype around him. He's got the skill set that we seen over the last couple of games, even flips from the USA team even coming out of high school, and he's shown that he could come through.
Speaker 2: And possibly be that guy for U of L. It's hard to compare his career, you know, to a Lebradleos Smith, your career, Daryl Griffith, because you all played there a lot longer. You know, you have three and four year careers, which was more normal back in the day, even for college careers, even for the guys that were gonna come out and be the number one pick still played three years in college basketball, and that's just not the norm anymore. So we're gonna be comparing a career that's most likely gonna be a one and done season unless he is just a complete buzz which I don't think that's gonna be the case, which is probably gonna be a one done season to compare against, you know, a career like yours when you went out there and had you know, a thousand assists in three years or whatever the case may be, that's a hard comparison to happen. Unless he comes out and makes a super deep run the NCAA tournament or they win it. They're just gonna say he's a good player out of U of L. And it's one of those things he's gonna get kind of that SGA comparison, And I don't say comparison is in skill, but in accolades. His accolades will start coming more in the NBA because everybody's like, oh, Sjay is he's the greatest player to come out of Kentucky now because he's won the NBA Championship, he's got an MVP Finals MVP, he's checked off those boxes after his Kentucky career. But at Kentucky, no one thought this of SJA. You thought more of Anthony Davis, John Walsh, Jamal Murrays. Yes, you thought about the players who played better in college rather than after college. But now when people look at Kentucky greats, they always say Shay Gilders Alexander because of his NBA accolades. You don't say it because of his college accolades. Mike cale Brown junior might be in a similar boat. I don't think he'll come through and they'll just win a national championship, but I think that they'll start to know him as a Louisville grade after his career, same as Donovan Mitchell as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good point, I mean very good point. Yes, I'm looking forward to this year Anthony Kentucky and Louisville. They're both loaded. Otago Oway comes back to Kentucky. I mean that was pivotal. I think for U and k Approven score someone they can go to in the crunch time. Louisville's got multiple players. I think this year, boy football is going to be exciting. I mean, the only question with football is how does coach stops turn this around. I stole big dog Vince mor rolled away from him, which I'm so glad because Vince was a great recruiter. But I'm still not rolling over on stoop yet. I think he's got a little gas left in the tank, Anthony. So we're gonna have to see what he does with the University of Kentucky this season. So I think right now in football is Anthony, what sixty days away? Max? I mean, football is right around the corner. So we got a lot of things to talk about. I mean it's close. And like said, right, yes, Archie Man, Yeah, I'm not sold on that just yet. I like you, but ah, I'm not. Okay. I know you're Texas long worn, but I'm not sold on arts just yet.
Speaker 6: I know you got to you got to clear your schedule because Texas plays at Kentucky this year. Well they played, they played Texas and Tennessee back to back weekends. We'll be out of town both those weekends, folks, Texas and Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know that's the one again, guys, And this is why I want the ACC to bounce back. I didn't know about these games. I don't even looked at Kentucky's football schedule. I don't get that far. I'm old. But when you said that, Anthony, it made me get excited. Both times Tennessee Rocky Top arch enemies and Texas back to back, guys, that's conferences do. That's what the University of Kentucky, no matter what the product they have, look what they've got coming to that And that's why I want the AEC to bounce back. I wanted to bounce back in basketball and football so that we can be just excited. Those are two huge games. Huge games. And Anthony, you know, it's so funny. If you'd have said that to me three years ago, when Kentucky did defeat Tennessee, I would have told you Kentucky' gonna get Texans are run. But right now there's a lot of question marks from coach's program. But three years ago, Anthony, I would have said they would have beat them, but at home, I would have told you Kentucky's gonna give them a run, especially when they when they had offensive line that was running over people, Anthony, I mean malling people in the SEC. So hopefully coachps can pull this thing together. But you're a hundred they will.
Speaker 2: They got exciting games because even u of l's non conference schedule.
Speaker 7: I would to go to the UFL games because I go with friends. I like watching UL sports. The u offl's non conference schedule is. Honestly, it's terrible. I looked at it yesterday and they played absolutely nobody. They're playing Murray State e Ku. You know, but and they and Kentucky comes out, their record won't be as good.
Speaker 2: But I will say, at least the second game of the season, Kentucky does have old myths at home exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean. But again, that's the conference gives you. That's why it is important for the conference to be good. When people get mad at me, because that's what people are paying to see. I love your product. But knowing everybody, Antony, they were packing the gymnasium when Doc Rivers and Marquette was coming to Louisville to play out of conference games. You got me. They were standing outside, Anthony, in the snow. They wanted to see Doc Rivers and Bowl Jackson and all the great players that came in non conference. So you're I'm sing correct, But we're gonna be watching little Brown Junior. I've heard a lot of great things. I really have that he's a great player. And you know, we will be talking about this summer. Late next week, Anthony, I'm going out. I'm gonna watch all the Kentucky players and of course I'll watch the two Louisville players also, so we'll talk about that some more. It's Eastwards Radio. You'll have a fantasy holiday. We'll talk to you later. Go, will love you. Bye bye