Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ramiro on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio just search Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 2: He welcome back and why on the Ball.
Speaker 3: You're love you.
Speaker 4: I'm a sort of breaking because it's news because it stuff that came out last night. The NFL announced its awards as well as its Hall of Fame class. So I'm a little I guess I'm a little surprised. Uh, Josh Allen took the took the m v P. I feel like he won it in the first half of the year because, uh, Baltimore guy, what's his name? Yeah, I quite can't I think with Jackson. All Right, we're back. My computer blipped out on us. Okay, so we're back anyways, Jackson, Lamar Jackson. There you go. You took some time, Okay, Josh, but you know what to me and you know me. I'm a how did your team do as well as how good were you?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: Barkley should have been the m v P. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's been fantastic. He might be the MVP on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I mean, the Eagles are where they are because of Saquon Barkley. Yeah, you know, Josh Allen and and and Lamar Jackson. They get all the flash to the quarterbacks. You know, this thing has become a quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: A or did they show the voting how the voting was. No, I haven't seen. It was Alan Jackson and then and.
Speaker 4: Then and then had to be Saqquon one offensive player of the Year, which is I don't know, not to me, not not good enough. You know, he nearly broke the NFL rushing record.
Speaker 2: Should they held them?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, they held him out. But people say, well he still played sixteen games and that's why how many games it took for them to set the record. I don't know. And I know they vote before the playoffs, so you don't know. They didn't know that Saquon Barkley was going to help get his team to the Super Bowl. But yeah, you know, I don't know. I'm I vote for him. Plus he was on my fantasy team. He you didn't dink some I didn't take My team still sucked, but he was on it. Can be happy, they can Patrick certain the Broncos cornerback was the defensive player of the Year. Jayden Daniels probably the runaway Offensive Player of the Year, the quarterback out of out of a s U L s U and the and the Commanders Defensive Rookie of the Year Jared Versus for the Rams uh and then the Hall of Fame Class four guys, Small class, small class. UH got to give it to an a SU guy got in. Eric Allen uh Eagles Raiders long career, one of the best cornerbacks ever Jared Allen uh uh a defensive lineman for the Vikings. Antonio Gates kind of surprising because he's got the ped uh thing from back in the day. And then Stirling Sharp got in as a senior on the senior vote. Borderline to me, he was really good. I don't know. But as as much as they're talking about who's in, a lot of talk about who's not Eli Manning mhm. Was this his first chance? This is his first chance? And see and see that's the thing. I've heard a bunch of stuff. Is he know?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not even one hundred percent sure Eli Manning is a Hall of Famer. He's going to get in. I'm not one hundred percent certain he should. Because he had a couple of great playoff runs and other other than that he was a five hundred quarterback.
Speaker 2: What do you think under those conditions? Probably not, but he will for the same reasons you say, you know, But.
Speaker 4: Then I had I heard somebody losing their mind that he wasn't a first ballot Hall of Famer. I'm like, you see, he's barely in who votes. It's it's a writer, it's it's it's media and and players, you know. But you know, I heard a funny story. It was Berger McFarlane was on Dan Patrick this morning and he told a great story. He said he talked to a guy who was on the on the committee you know that that that votes on this, and he said that Joe Montana could on this debate about whether or not Eli Manning is a first ballot Hall of Famer. He said, what happens is, I guess what happens is you get somebody to come and make a presentation before this committee on your behalf, okay, And that when Joe Montana, it was his the guy that they sent to to represent him to the committee. When it came time for him to talk, he stood up, said Joe Montana, he sat down, and he was the first ballot hall He said, that's how good you need to be to be a first And if you're not that good, then you can't.
Speaker 2: Beat the guy drops a mic and just moves away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, of course there's probably guys that should be deserving but aren't.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and the NFL does it different? Could They have a limited number of people that can get in per year, so you kind of have to wait your turn. You know, Eric Allen was on the ballot fourteen times.
Speaker 2: I was just say, how many shots did you get?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well at least fourteen, you know. But so so that's it. You know, those are the those are the awards. I guess Josh Allen, what the hell I mean? Yeah? All right, fine, you know you'll guess what he's watching. He's watching the super Bowl on TV. Yeah, if he's watching it, he's probably pissed. Sure, how long do you think it takes him? We'll ask Glenn Parker? Okay, how long does it take him? Do you think to get over a loss or just or not getting in right, getting as close as as as Josh Allen has gotten. Yeah, okay, I wonder we'll ask you have your like heart really broken by something? I won't go female bad? Yes, of course, a favorite team that lost. You've had me a female man.
Speaker 2: Let's move on from the I party.
Speaker 4: Still not over it? Really, let's move on. Okay, okay, we'll move on. But again we're we're at Soul Sports because seeing the del Soul. Glenn Park is going to be joining us in about thirteen minutes. We'll talk to him about, you know, just the Super Bowl, how he takes it in, what what he's what he's doing, and.
Speaker 2: He's come on, he's the most celebrated among not anyone not named Nick Foles, because Nick Foles won an MVP at the Super Bowl, But come on, how many times him John Felix played in.
Speaker 4: A good bunch of them?
Speaker 2: The trophy could be look shady. You don't go to by accident. Yeah, that happens. It's because you're really damn good. Because you're good.
Speaker 4: You're really damn good.
Speaker 2: You know they should be applauded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there are a lot of people who don't. A lot of people give them crap.
Speaker 2: For not being yes damn kicker the kicker exactly.
Speaker 4: While we're here here at Saul Sports are Big Day Sunday here for the Super Bowl giving away four thousand dollars in cash drawings. If you want to get here. Things started at eleven o'clock in the morning, Come and hang out all day.
Speaker 2: They've got they got a great it's in the poker room. That's in the posts in the poker room.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: If the Kansas City scores a touchdown, kicks a field goal, or whomever you feel it does the same. They give free money to the tables. The pick the number of tables. They put the money up, and then they play for that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and the pots get huge. That's it's easily the best day of the year for you're a poker player. Do you go in there? Will you be here? It may maybe maybe not, but.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 2: But it's the best time of the year because they give you free money and then you play poker. They splashed the pot, they put the money on the table, and then you start to play. Yeah, oh wow, okay, well, you know what the thing is, They have to score. It doesn't unless you score. Okay. It's based on things that happen in the game. In the game, right, yeah, all right, that sounds like fun. It sounds like early okay, all right, sounds like fun. Anyways, and also uh in on.
Speaker 4: February sixteenth, you can come and watch and bet on the Daytona five hundred. They've got fifteen self service betting kios that you can bet on, and they've got five live live ticket people if you want to, if you're that guy that wants to hand your money to somebody and get a ticket from them, they've got it open. They've got live windows. But you can also bet on the kios, so you can be sure to get your uh your bed in. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 2: I can't remember how many TVs were in front of it right now, but there's like thirty twosh.
Speaker 4: Let's say I say five, there's fifteen, but there's fifteen screens, but three of the screens you can put four different screens on there, and the massive one is about fifteen. Or this is a great venue. This is a great vedea if you're if you know, if you're somebody who likes being around a big crowd for Super Bowl, the excitement of it, right people yelling and screaming and betting on stuff. This is this is a place to be.
Speaker 2: I bet you there's gonna be more. What do you think more Kansas City fans or Philadelphia fans, because the smart money, the even money is Kansas City. People are betting on Kansas City, so you know they're gonna bet on them. But well, it depends, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I bet it's I bet it's pretty close, pretty close split. You know, you've got Arizona fans who love Nick Foles and all that kind of stuff. You know, the Eagles are uh there's Eagles fans everywhere. Well he said, Ricky said, who's playing for the Chiefs? H Christian Rowland Wallace a place for the Chiefs. So yeah, you know, I don't know. I think I bet it's I bet it's relatively even. You're gonna have people with their with their jerseys, and then you're gonna have guys like me who are just here, you know, get the juice. Just just for the juice man, just for the juice.
Speaker 2: Well your arm right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, we'll talk about a bunch of our favorite bets in the last segment. Uh, there's there's a lot of coals, a lot of cool stuff. I have some favorites. Talk about what you know, what you do, what I do. I just have a lot of fun and it's it's a great event. And for for having one game to watch. The amount of stuff that you can bet is cool, and it's it's just a blast. And I think about all the days when we'd have to drive down to No Gallows, walk across the border and go make some go make some bets in this hole in the wall sports book in the in the in the first sort of a of a hotel over there, a little shady, that's right. It was a little shady. It was a little shady almost.
Speaker 2: You're like, you're like going it's like norm going into cheers, you going in there.
Speaker 4: The thing is Steve would go there just to make Super Bowl bets. It would hang out all afternoon and bet horse races and stuff, just be there all day long. They miss you down there. They do well. They close down when we stop going good. When we decided to take our act to Vegas, I mean Steve, I literally I flew into Vegas, went to the casino, made some bets, and flew home. Another time we drove up, went to the casino, made some bets and drove home. Love you. I'm so glad they're here now. Don't say don't say yeah Online online online just because we we we our committee convened last night and it took about two hours to go through this stuff and put a bunch of stuff together. It's a lot of fun. We'll go through them, we'll go through some of that stuff, but it's pretty cool. We I have a blast with this game. I can't wait. But in the meantime, we got a basketball game in between. I'm I'm working the women's game tomorrow two, so I'm working a doubleheader. Yeah, they're tough times. Well, they had a tough time against Colorado the other night. You know, they they struggled, their bigs struggle with foul trouble. It seems like every game one of them is in foul trouble and it just it just affects them.
Speaker 2: It's funny because they play well at moments and they.
Speaker 4: Give them hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I went and saw them beat West Virginia, a ranked team, and just crush them, just crushed them, you know, went up on them from the get go and never looked back. And then and they look like a team. And then they go and they do what they did in Colorado, you know, a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 2: It's just very spar but they don't.
Speaker 4: I know, but you know, you can go on the road, look good, play well and lose. They didn't look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the issue, right issue.
Speaker 4: They didn't look good. They didn't look good doing it. So that's uh, that's the thing. Okay, why don't we go take the break? All right, We're gonn take our break. We're gonna come back. We'll have Glenn Parker on the phone that our phone's ready to go. My computer is up, all set hopefully no more, no more screw ups for the rest of the show. And then in the last segment we'll just talk about some of the Super Bowl wag dream that well I should say that I'm doing, but that you can go. You can come and do here. So we'll be right back at assume those souls.
Speaker 1: Soul Sports Now, are you your chance to win one thousand dollars? Just entered this nationwide keyword on our website. Grand that's grand enter in right now Foxsports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 5: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort. Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise? So Fasco YUCKI try.
Speaker 6: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browsyisles of instack cabinets, available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 6: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Maddy to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your love. Find a location near you at the Windowdepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Tip We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 1: Where do you buy exercise equipments Arizona Health.
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health. Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 8: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 8: Salespeople, managers and agents with a Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from don't forget your corporate apparel. For a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 9: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, That's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today n MLS three oh eight seven Arizona BKO nine two nine four two Equal housing Opportunity. Got to commitment to Lyndrixson credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change with up notice.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 10: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country. We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games, from rare fines to the latest releases.
Speaker 2: Showtime Cards has it all.
Speaker 10: Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere truy Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 8: Richard Bacall Law Office defending arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Bcall five too, zo Oh seven to four to Roho twelve thirteen, roud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 11: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialists US can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation Today. Baseball fans, it's time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifiers coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship. The games are set for March second, third, fourth, and sixth. Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium. Feel the excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China, and Columbia take the field. Visit World Baseball Classic dot com just cure your seat today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona Sports Tourism and Film Authority.
Speaker 6: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress.
Speaker 4: The Window Depot is.
Speaker 11: Here to help.
Speaker 6: At the Window Depot, we're your one stop warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between.
Speaker 4: You'll find it.
Speaker 6: All here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover. Our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you Our shop online at the window Deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteenth fifding. Want to take part in the show Call up Steve now went five to two oh four, one seventy four forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to ball.
Speaker 10: We'recome he well.
Speaker 2: We to.
Speaker 4: You're a time.
Speaker 12: Well, hey, you played twelve years. You're going to get some contracts. You you grove around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice, what a great career. So five super Bowls? I know this is like picking your favorite kid. Did you have a favorite super Bowl? Well, you know no.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't win any of them.
Speaker 12: So it's hard to pick a favorite when you don't win one. But you know, yeah, it was a part of five great teams, and so you're more likely to get a response by you know, what was your favorite super Bowl team? And that's a different animal altogether.
Speaker 4: You know what what stands out since since you had five is there one moment, one thing, one play.
Speaker 2: One person, And you guys had plenty of one moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that sticks out to you, you know in a good way that you think about it then you smile.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think the year that we were a wild car and where we had the great comeback against the Oilers. Everybody had kind of written us off. We had this incredible comeback, the greatest come back in the running Street to beat the Oilers, and then you know, we go down to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh is like, this is our year. You guys have been at it too long, and we weren't in a very close game. We beat them, and and then Miami was so excited to have us in Miami finally, uh, for a playoff game. It's always been in our you know, up in the cold, and I think they're a bit cocky, and we ran the.
Speaker 3: Ball right down their throat.
Speaker 12: So that whole run really sticks out in my mind because we've been written off so many times nobody and you know, and I think you disrespect card is way overplayed in sports and in football. And I'm not saying anybody didn't respect us, that's not true. But when you're constantly an underdog, you're you're you're the you're constantly being told it's not your time anymore and to be able to do it that that one kind of popped out the most in my head.
Speaker 2: So we had Ricky on an hour ago, Honey. Of course he went to two and lost the two, and he too said, there haven't been great moments, but you guys getting there, uh, to combine seven times, I mean, that doesn't happen by accident unless you guys are good.
Speaker 12: Well, that's you know, that's the thing that a lot of people say, well, what's it like to move five super Bowl? And I said, well, first I've got playing five super Bowl? Right, you guys never make one. And you know I got the opportunity five times. And as I said, I was one of five great teams, five groups of guys that were able to put it all together to get to get there. And uh, you know, the unfortunate thing is we didn't finish it out. But that doesn't find us. Uh it might in some people's minds, but those people are the least of the people I would respect. You know, there's an old thing that you don't seek it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't take criticism.
Speaker 3: From someone I wouldn't go to for advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about that, very smart, that's why I don't listen to Jay. But let me ask you, uh, are you you know, Jonathan is kind of part of that group that the mania guys. Are you into it as much as him? Or kind of?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what type of guy?
Speaker 11: Again?
Speaker 2: He's in the he's really into the Buffalo Mania.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, No, I'm not.
Speaker 12: You know, he he played along, he played his career there almost and h you know, I was there for seven years.
Speaker 3: I was a part of all for.
Speaker 12: My wife's from there. My kids are all into it. My wife's into it, the friends are all into it. I just tend to watch games based on friends that I have still out there. So yes, I was rooting for the Bills this time, but simply because the chiefs of that there wins. But I was a chief as well for three years, and I was you know, I wasn't starter there and I wasn't vital part of the team. So it's it's uh, I just I was rooting for the Bills because they haven't won, but not I'm not a part of the mania.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Well, let me let me ask you because and we've probably asked you this before, but we forget what we had for lunch. Yesterday. So how do you how do you absorb? But how do you watch or how do you pay attention to a Super Bowl? Do you do? You are you you know, you sit down and watch it and you watch it closely. You're hanging out with some friends and you guys are just you know, having some chip and dip or how do you how do you pay attention to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 12: I prefer to watch it with a couple of friends that are either coaches or ex players. We watched the game for the game take. I don't always get to do that. Sometimes as a party app some friends, but if I really had my choice, it's just me and into the game for the game's sake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's that's cool.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about this before too, and Ricky had his answer before five games? Did you get nervous for five games? Before the game? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think you always. I mean, I don't think you're you know you're nervous. Yeah, but if you're prepared, you're not not unbelievably diverse. Yeah, there's certain times butterflies or you throw up before games because it's a ritual, but it's it's not really it nerves, but it's good nerves. It's not you know, you're not you're not trying to get yourself emotionally up to play a game because you haven't been prepared.
Speaker 3: You're prepared, You're ready to go. You just want to get it started.
Speaker 12: You want to get moving.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you what was the difference between your first one and your fifth one? But the nets this year before. I'm sure you watch Arizona basketball. We saw them play against Issue last Saturday, and part of the thing that Hardy says that there was a lot of smack talk, a lot of frustration, blah blah blah. I'm wondering how much smack talk is on the offensive and defensive line. And that's part of the game, isn't it.
Speaker 12: No? Absolutely, I mean, you know, it's all in good fun and you're you know, sometimes it's friendly banners, sometimes it's smack talk. Whatever it is, you know it's but it's never too malicious. It's never it's you know, you're too busy in a game playing the game. Yeah, and I did hear what Early said, but you know, I don't I don't know what Earley did for his part as a player. Wasn't exactly like the uh theon you know choir boy, Ye, I wasn't like that guy and uh and and for him to say that, you know, I it just came out sounding more like, uh, sour apple.
Speaker 3: Than sour grapes or whatever. It just it didn't.
Speaker 12: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't come out genuine.
Speaker 12: In my mind at all, especially when you're talking about a guy who had but a kid. And if you're gonna say that's all, well, they were talking all right, nobody. You know, you've lost credibility at this point.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna ask you about that. And then okay, do you root against Arizona Arizona State guys in the NFL? Well, I mean that's okay, Like, Okay, Eric Allen got into the Hall of Fame today. You know last night, as you guy, he was really good. But you know, are you rooting for him? Jaydon Daniels, are you rooting for him? You're ruining against them.
Speaker 2: Let me send this up by saying, you're listening to a guy who's very bitter about issue anything.
Speaker 12: Well, I'll tell you this. I I once your time and issues done, or you know their time is done. They're a colleague, a teammate and a friend, and I can root for them. Okay, when they're that that's that's separate completely from their time, you know, wearing their gree uniforms and and trying to get through that school.
Speaker 4: You know, you're only here two years. I mean, how knee deep did you get into the rivalry? I mean, did you really? I mean, were you as.
Speaker 12: You remember you can remember back then that that half of our roster was Arizona kids. It was different back then, you know, it wasn't like it is now where that majority of kids are California and somewhere else. It was half Arizona and then the rest were for somewhere else. I learned the firsthand from the Arizona kids and I saw it and I was a part of it.
Speaker 3: So that is what drove it.
Speaker 12: And and then of course with the NFL, but you have some fun little banter with each other, and then you know, and then we come back and I've been in Tuston now for twenty two years, so it's I'm leaving in it.
Speaker 2: So let me go back to the question from the first year to the fifth year, when you first get there, how do you feel about it? And then in your fifth year, how do you feel about it? Totally different? But sure?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: So your first time it was my rookie year and I'm there and it's okay, You're just kinda like, all right, well here we are. And now the fourth time, I'm in my fourth year and okay, this's got to be a little bit of old hat. Well the fifth time I went, I was in my eleventh year, and you realize how hard it is to get there, and you realize the importance. I mean, I think you realize that when you're there early on because of the vets, but it doesn't think and it doesn't strike home. But when all of a sudden you're thirty four years old, thirty five years old and you're playing in that thing and you realize this is it. I'm not going to get another shot at And so it's a it's a different feeling, for sure.
Speaker 2: Do you do you you so you went to five?
Speaker 4: Do you did you say?
Speaker 2: Are you a saver? Did you save anything from each of the Super Bowls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I've got things from each one and uh you know, like, well I've got some like seat cushions from when we lost the Redskins.
Speaker 3: I gave those to my.
Speaker 12: Friend whos a Redskins fan, and he gives them out at the rapp at his restaurants.
Speaker 3: So, you know, but I don't really I haven't.
Speaker 12: I I I keep little things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got jerseys, a good helmets, you know.
Speaker 3: I think I've got kind of like.
Speaker 12: The super Bowl pins and patching and uh. Someone I noticed I had a little box that had a couple of Coca Cola with in it from a super Bowl and they've got the coca you know, the thing in it. I just just weird stuff that they give you and you kind of keep.
Speaker 4: This might this might make you think a little bit. This might be a hard question. But what is something about the super Bowl experience that maybe Steve and I or just general fans have no idea about? You know what don't we know about the about the whole thing that you have to experience it to know it?
Speaker 3: Well. I think there's a couple of things.
Speaker 12: One is how corporate it is. It's not a fan experience, right, it's a corporate experience. A lot of the fans, most of the fans in the fans are not fans of even team. They're there because Uncle Jimmy works for Craft Foods and gave them, so you know they're if they're not into.
Speaker 3: It like it is like a regular game. So that's one and two.
Speaker 12: It's a little bit drawn out because it's a longer game, longer halftime, longer breaks.
Speaker 3: It's very it's not rhythmic.
Speaker 12: So when you're playing in a reg your game, you know your your your breaks for your TV and whatnot. You kind of get in your rhythm of how the game flows. And when you're in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: There is no rhythm. You're getting time outs all the time.
Speaker 12: For one TV, this another, and it's a longer timeout than normal. You go in for half, which is normally twelve minutes, but here it's twenty five. So it's it's there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: That, and so if you're a fan, you're going.
Speaker 12: There and you're, okay, it's more corporate than it is fan friendly, and then you're you're you're not gonna be around other fans that much.
Speaker 3: There are maybe some, but not as many.
Speaker 12: And then just the whole hoop out the leak before. If you just paid attention, like in a team hotel, I would tell anything of the world. If you're gonna go to a Super Bowl. Go the Sunday before to the Wednesday before, then get out of town.
Speaker 3: Don't go to the game.
Speaker 12: Wow, because those three days, four days or when all the NFL people are there, it's when the announcers from all over the league. It's when the general managers, the owners, other players are in town. From Wednesday on, it's every stripper and hooker in America shows up. You can't walk, you can't get through a lot hots, a lot of one of the team's bodies so prouded. It's just it's a zoo and it's not really football. It's everything but football.
Speaker 4: That sounds like Steve's kind of time strippers and hookers. So you're saying the opposite, Yes, Steve saying I'm coming on Wednesday Thursday.
Speaker 2: That's a tough situe. So are you pulling for anybody?
Speaker 4: Nope, I don't.
Speaker 12: I mean, if I was gonna pull for anybody, probably the Eagles in this one, only because again, you know the Chiefs, they've got a good dynasty show and they've done a lot. I think I'd like to see a little bit of new blood. Uh, get up there and do it. But I really don't care too much in this one. I'm just I just want to be a good game. I don't want to be controversy. I want to see Taort Swift. I really don't, you know, I don't care the Taylor Swift there so the you know, so.
Speaker 3: I know the NFL loves it.
Speaker 12: Hey, there's a lot of swifties.
Speaker 3: They're not they're not NFL fans, but they're tuning in. So there you go.
Speaker 4: You can you can go back on a whole bunch of Taylor Swift stuff on the online on the online sports books. It's crazy, Glenn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, Uh, if you were to go back to Buffalo, you're you're you're lost a lot of weight, you're looking great. Would would people know who you are? And people say, hey, can I stop you for an autograph?
Speaker 12: It it happens.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 12: Uh, it's not as common obviously as it was when I was younger. You know, there's a whole new and several generations of players gone through. But but some people still don't. You know, walk in and they'll recognize and start talking. But now you know, how many guys recognize fifty five year old football.
Speaker 2: Players who don't looked a lot like they used to. Right, because I'm sure you're down. If you bounce, we got to call it later.
Speaker 3: We have a.
Speaker 4: Trusted listener here who wants to ask you a question. Okay, so I'm on, Hey, Glenn, how you doing. I actually know you.
Speaker 13: My name's Howard Curtin, and my wife actually works with you at the Foundation.
Speaker 4: Of course you're not in the same department.
Speaker 13: I obviously met you with you and some get togethers at Calli to Foothills.
Speaker 2: Howard, this is not a big fun time. Let's go with a question.
Speaker 13: No, here's the question because I have a good friend and a relative from Buffalo, and they're really obviously good people.
Speaker 4: So that that dovetails with what Steve just said.
Speaker 13: It's like, I'm right between Jayson uh and you're just like a fifty six fifty seven year old man, right, you're right, Okay. Anyway, Marty is basically Steve. He's a he's a doctor and he did Niagara Falls tours when he was eighteen. And my friend Bob, who's ten years older than me, he actually cleaned when he was going through college the Niagara Falls things. So yeah, the people are really pretty nice there.
Speaker 3: Oh, wonderful people up there, for sure, some of the nicest people in the world.
Speaker 12: They're very Midwestern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, thanks, thanks, thank you, very nice shave my thanks for that question. Thank you. Okay, Glenn, as usual thing, enjoy your time watching the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have fun.
Speaker 12: Well, thank you very much, and enjoy the game yourself. Thanks for having me on and I have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you. Appreciate it, Glenn. Thanks a bunch, Glenn, Glenn Parker, thank you, Howard. Exactly. All right, we're gonna take our last break. We're here at Soul Sports, a sports book at Casino del Soul, getting ready for the Super Bowl if you want to, if you want to come here and have a great time on Sunday, They've had all kinds of things lined up over here. They have a great bar so you won't have trouble getting getting a beer or drink, something to eat, and uh, a great place to watch the ball game. So we'll be right back at Soul Sport.
Speaker 2: If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now. Take a look back at the Loudelsen era. In my new book Lessons from Loot It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach, Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 14: Hey, Wildcat Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team. Over at Arizona Health Insiders, I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationwide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for less than two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the exchange and you want real health insurance, called Arizona Health Insiders four A doh three five five one four four four four A do oh three five five one four four.
Speaker 8: For what's your goal? A new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial aid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tuson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Lord Temple or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 10: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health of course to feel better and look better.
Speaker 7: It makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 11: Leading edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 8: On twenty second, just west of will Not, Tucson, It's time for the Colon Guard Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Poloma Country Club and the Western La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson Conquisodor's helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship golf at its finest. Don't forget to join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla Ice and co Et Soul live in concert at Riedo Park. The Coli Guard Classic by Exact Sciences benefiting colorectal cancer awareness in Tucson youth sports. Get your tickets and more at Colo Guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by fall Bomb Crowley Investment Group at RBC Wealth management.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the Ihearts Radio WI. This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: You won't make something. I'm done here, right. You know, you don't have to get a great seat because you can see everything from everywhere in here. Lots of there's some restaurant right across the hall, a great bar. It's a huge bar, and the TV is all over The TV is all over the casino as well. So oh, you know, we were counting televisions in here. I was accounting the lower level ones right there. There's another five TV sixties over there. They're everywhere. They're everywhere. But anyways, great place, but here it's all sports casino. Del Saul like, this might be our last show here, Steve for a while. Yeah, you know, they had us here through the football season. It's been it's been a great time we had. We had a lot of fun. I hope it's we got Veronica waving at us over there. I would appreciate her having this over here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had crying for me before. They didn't mean it.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot of fun and it's uh, they've been very hospitable to us and and I hope are doing the show here has done some good for them. So yes, it's it's been a great So.
Speaker 2: So you've you've looked at your props, you've already made your problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got uh you know, I mentioned I have a group of guys, not guys, a group of people that we've been doing this for a lot of years. We just have a pot of money that we just keep rolling over and making bets and we usually win. If we lose, we lose a little bit. If we win, we win a little bit. So we just kind of leave it and uh roll over and do it. And so there's like three dead people on the list. They're never going to get their money, No they're not, but they're still on the list. I think there's there might even there might be more. There's there's a there's there's a few. But uh, we just had a lot of a lot of fun with this and we set our bets last night, took it, took a couple of hours, came up with a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Give me your best bet.
Speaker 4: That's not a two team versus team gosh best as in my most fun or the thing that I think has the best shot of winning. Okay, Well, here here's what we did. We have twenty different bets. Okay, but we've got some in parlays. Okay. So one that that's a part of part of a parlay is we have Jalen Hurt scoring a touchdown. You know, they get to the ball to the one yard line, you know, they'll sneak it in, they'll they'll give it to him push, Yeah, the toush push. But that we've got that in a parlay where We've got another one that I like a lot, the Chiefs over under touchdowns. Is that two and a half over under touchdown. So we got the over on that.
Speaker 2: What's a simple on that? What's the simple bit on that?
Speaker 4: I don't remember?
Speaker 2: Okay, because I like, I like this is what I really like. Kansas City first to race the twenty Kansas City minus one to twenty five. I think they'll get to twenty first. Yeah, and then maybe hold on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We uh, we've got we've got the what do we have here? Uh, we've got who's somebody said, I think Ricky Hunley. Ricky said it was gonna he thought it was gonna be a close game. We have that the under on the largest lead of the game being thirteen and a half under under thirty. So nobody will lead by more than thirteen and a half is what that bet is. And we've got that at at minus one ten. So we've had we've had one hundred dollars on each of these bets because we we've had seventeen hundred bucks seventeen and fifty.
Speaker 2: Do you think any team's gonna score more than thirty?
Speaker 4: We do, but we didn't, we didn't bet anything like that. We bet the over last year and hit that, but this year now we do have We've got one of the things that I love is betting something that happens in another sport combined with combined with this one. So like we've got Tyree's Maxi six ers. I think it's the six ers, Tyree's Maxie's points plus the Eagles points over fifty four and a half. To me, that's just a fun bet. So he could score twenty eighth. Yeah, we need yeah, yeah, yeah. We also have a Johannist. I'm not gonna try and pronounce his last name. His assists, number of his assists over Travis Kelcey's receptions, so let's say he gets eight assists. Travis Kelsey's got to get you know, nine catches. So and then the last of well they're called cross spoord bets. My son who's a big fan of the of Tottenham, the soccer team. We've got their goals over Barkley's touchdowns.
Speaker 2: So so here's another one. Okay, so winning margin, winning margin one to six plus three three to one.
Speaker 4: I'd take a close. I bet it's a field goal game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a three three to one.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, that's that's not a bad bet.
Speaker 2: Seven to twelve or five to one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The longer we we don't have anything with real long odds, you know, we just want to win a bunch of time. And like I said, we we choose these We choose these bets for the fun factor, right, like, for instance, the jersey number of the first player to score a touchdown under fifteen and a half. You know, if one of the quarterbacks scores it, if there's enough you know, like if Saquon Barkley scores that we lose. But there's a bunch of there's a bunch of receivers and stuff like that that we can get the we can get the under on one that'll be decided early. We have the Eagles first possession ending in a punt, which is a fun bet. We got that at at a. I think we got that at plus two thirty.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna who's gonna lead it halftime?
Speaker 4: You know, we had a we had a parlay that. Then we we cashed it in because we decided to save some money to do a live bet sometime during the game. But we had laid one down that had chiefs minus a half at the end of a court at the end of the first quarter and chiefs minus a half at at halftime. You took that off and we took it off the board. I think I like the first half.
Speaker 2: I think the first quarter I should say, yeah, I think they're gonna score first, score first, and then hold They're gonna hold on. I think they're gonna have the lead and hold on and hold on and hold on. Here here's here's another fun one. I think this one's our longest odds. It's a it's plus three twenty. We have both teams will score a rushing touchdown and a passing touchdown.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what is that? It's plus three twenty that's pretty good. We got that at uh had a hundred bucks that thing. He just jinxed it. It sounds easy, right, you bet it? That's what we bet it. We bet it another one that sounds easy, but we've bet it before and have not hit it. That both teams will hit a field goal of thirty three yards or longer. See, that's the kind of stuff. That's the kind of stuff that we do because it's just like I said, it's just it's just fun. We have a oh successful two point conversion is plus three fifty? Did you know that we hit that? We're playing that. I like the first one noticed that it's going to be easy to the rush. Both teams are the rushing and passing touchdown.
Speaker 2: How could that not happen?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 2: What's the odds?
Speaker 4: It's it's three to twenty. Check that here, it's three twenty. We got that at three twenty. Barkley's longest rushing touch rushing Barkley's longest rush over twenty five and a half yards. We need a new bust one. Okay, what's odds? We got to believe? I can't remember because because we bet one hundred and fifteen bucks on that, No we bet what do we bet on the We bet one hundred and twenty five on that, and it's going to pay two sixty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, and he and anytime a touchdown score.
Speaker 4: We's got, well, we've got three of those. Like I said, we've got Jalen Hurts. Then we took a j. Brown and the Xavier Worthy. Uh we got we got we got Brown and Worthy and the two team in a two leg parlay. We bet one hundred bucks to win. Set to collect seven hundred bucks on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's seven okay, nine sixty one. Barkley at minus two hundred, Hurts at one minus one ten, Kelsey at one ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: We and then we we combined the quarterbacks on a parlay. We've got Hurts, Jalen Hurts passing yards plus rushing yards at over two fifty nine and a half. How long did it take you to study these? We didn't study. We just did them. I mean we you know, we just started going through the the website. There's like five of us that you're the committee. Yeah, we have like a little group we have. This is sent ridiculous. We set up a zoom call with like ten guys and whoever gets on it gets to participate. And there were five of us on it last night. And then we like fun money because yeah, yeah, you know, like I said, some you know, some people have five bucks in this thing. Some people have eight bucks, ten bucks, twenty bucks, other people like you know, I just got off the h I got a text from somebody who they had forty three dollars and ninety four cents, so they sent me six dollars and four cents so they could be fifty bucks. Things like that.
Speaker 2: He said, I want to cash. I want to get some of my moment.
Speaker 4: There's been a few. Yeah, but you know, we send them whatever they want.
Speaker 2: But you know, and you keep track of the individual percentages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just keep track of who's got how much in it. And then you know, at the end, whatever the total is you've got, you know, based on your amount, you've got a percentage.
Speaker 2: And if you that's that's because you have to get in the in the black, right you have to be you have to have money for them to be paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So you know, if let's say, I imagine, if we win a whole bunch of money that people want them, I'm gonna give it up. But since like last year, we lost two hundred we bet we bet seventeen hundred bucks and we lost two hundred dollars, so nobody wanted their money. Anybody said, just leave it there. We'll do it again next year and just carry over. Yeah, and then we just do it again next year, and this again, we had fifteen hundred and fifty bucks, and people jumped in and added some more to their part, and we ended up with seventeen hundred.
Speaker 2: You're not listening to this, she's not, but I'll say it for you.
Speaker 4: Hundred next step, dude, this is this is I mean, this is degenerate levels.
Speaker 2: I don't want you. I don't want you to turn around when you go home or whatever you ants on the floor and just read ant.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, you can see all she wants. She's in it. She's got money.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, but you're part of it.
Speaker 4: And you know what, when she's here and we're watching the Super Bowl, she's rooting as hard for this stuff as we are. She's rooting for the cute guys too. She's a little upset that she's in She's in Spain on a on a business trip.
Speaker 2: Sorry for spend.
Speaker 4: She's in Barcelona. Yeah, who knows, who knows she's in Barcelona. But you know she's a little upset that she's gonna miss the game. But you know, we this is fun, Steve. It's a it's a really it's a really fun way to watch again. So anybody's got an idea of doing that.
Speaker 2: It's a great. We have a website and you can come down here. They have a list for you. Yes, it's a book. It's a it's a it's a book of of props. Yeah, and you can come here picture, tell your numbers what you're looking for, and tell them at the front and you'll and.
Speaker 4: I and I wasn't joking. You can bet. I mean, there's a whole section on the on the website that we ve there's a whole section of Taylor swift bets, which is crazy. Let me see if I can find let me see if I can find it on the TV. Yep, yeah, probably you know stuff like that. Let's see, Uh We're let me find it. Uh what are the swifty bets? Okay, go about a minute, we do all right, we gotta get out of here anyway, so listen, but you can do some of that stuff here. You have a lot of fun. Just just get youre fun. Thanks everybody to get here, get your seat, and so we got to hit the road. So Yo soul everybody, Nick, thanks, thanks a bunch. We appreciate it and I guess we are. I think he thanks. Check