Speaker 1: All right, don't miss our segment that's coming up right after this one. It's the Love Shot. Christina will bring us fifteen signs that the woman in your life is mad at you.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just my daily life, right, how mad Like? I just I just look at my wife and I go, Okay. Everything she's doing is a sign that I suck right.
Speaker 1: Every single message she's sending to me is pure anger and she hates being around.
Speaker 3: Me, my wife, my way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I maybe Christina will.
Speaker 3: Reveal something new. I guess we'll have to find out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I was wondering, like, if you guys don't check off all of them, Yeah, I'll check off the most on these.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I guarantee we're gonna be tied for every one of them, both of us. That's coming up momentarily. This segment's brought to you by her Totto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations in Global Life Field, one location in the all new Dallas farmers Market. Skin it is it worth folks heading down to the Farmer's Market to try the new Hurtato location in Dallas.
Speaker 2: It's so worth it. I think I might go there again after the mav game on Saturday. Oh my god, because you know, the mav game is a day game. Wh's why I say that. You can hear it right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle, the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball Ben It's so great, And it was pretty awesome because I took my family and I'd been raving about the turkey and they all had some turkey, Like, oh my god, cause you know, most people don't go to barbecue joints and get bird like that. They'll get chicken or whatever, but I get turkey. Their turkey is the best at any barbecue spot I've ever had. Dude, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Hell yes, get you some Hurtado Brandon Hurtado, their own family recipes.
Speaker 3: It is good, good stuff. But right now it's not for this. It's good listeners. Here comes KT fun tweets were round. Now let's cool around the sports kt fu queints has all the sports year KT.
Speaker 1: The biggest story on Earth is that the Mavericks traded Luca, and the world is reacting to it. Dallas Fort Worth is grieving. It's it's a crazy time. I don't I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.
Speaker 2: I haven't, man, I was I was flipping around or no, I was on social media, and you know, all the clips come up. There's an ESPN clip and there's a guy that I like named Bobby Marks. I mean, your average person probably didn't care about him, but he was an assistant gym for Brooklyn and I. He's great on all the salary cap stuff and I nerd out on all that stuff. But he's not an opinion maker. He's not like Kendrick Perkins or Steven A. He's just a nuts and bolts guy. And he was on this panel and he had the last say, and he goes, I've never seen anything like that. I'm paraphrasing. He's like, I've never seen anything like this in sports. I've never seen a fan base backlash against the front office like this. I'm kind of blown away, right, and it's and it you know, it's just I was telling you how Zach Loow said, this is the most shocking thing in sports since Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson. And I was like, that's a guy that has no dog in the hunt.
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's just a basketball observer. He doesn't care about Luca, the Mavericks of Lakers, whatever. His observation is a man who's worked professionally in sports is like, this is the most shocking thing since Buster Douglas knocked out Tyson, which, if you're like mine and Ben's age, that happened when we were eighteen or nineteen, and it was the most shocking thing that it ever happened, right, And I immediately like trying to rank it against the most tragic things that have happened in DFW sports.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, you know, okay, losing lucas a lot like the Rangers being one pitch away from the World Series. That was a good one, I thought, Jimmy and Jerry parting ways, Yep, MAVs in six in that finals, Like losing to Dwayne Wade and the refs, yep, basically every Cowboy Draft from ninety six to about two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Eight, every time Jerry talks.
Speaker 1: So there's been there's been some hardships here and this is right up there with with the biggest one. And how it goes from here, well, you know, Nico Harrison will be vindicated or villainized, you know, either way. Oh, he's already there in that regards. He's bearing the brunt of this. I do wonder did anybody else know about it? Is he just wearing it?
Speaker 2: And well Patrick Dumont clearly knew about it because that was mentioned. But I don't think Patrick had any idea what was about to happen. He dude, he did not work in professional sports until a year ago.
Speaker 1: Right, So it'd be like me and you you know, hey, you inherited a cricket team, like I don't know, right, And so the guy who I inherited it a year ago and he made two great moves and we went to the cricket finals.
Speaker 2: And then he comes to me and goes, I think we should do this, and I'm like, okay, man, you're right on everything.
Speaker 3: Let's go right. That's what you do. Sounds great, and so time will tell.
Speaker 1: But man, seeing footage of Luca practicing with the Lakers today doing trick shots.
Speaker 3: And it hurts. I haven't seen that yet, hurts. It hurts to watch.
Speaker 1: However, Kyrie has spoken and we've got an audio of that. We're going to play you a couple of different clips from Kyrie Irving talking about Luca. Here he is in the first one, just discussing what it's like to lose Luca.
Speaker 4: It's really shocked, and you know, you just don't imagine that you're gonna get ready to go to sleep and then you find out news like that. I'm still a grieving process right now, miss my Hermano. You know, we had a lot of time together, you know, Keith too, and actually, and you know, we just built some bonds that went beyond the basketball court. So if anybody can understand at home, you know, when someone or a few group of people, or you know, a few people leave in the trade, it's gonna be difficult. And that's what we're dealing with right now. But you know, this is a business. It's way above my pay grade, you know, and I just got to adjust and be ready to welcome in my new teammates with open arms, and you know, kind of be ready to go back to Dallas too. To speak in front of our fans. I know they're feeling it too. I'm feeling it too. I don't want to downplay it this either or disrespect our new guys. You know, they're gonna help us win and they're gonna help us build towards the championship. But just like everyone else at home, when you.
Speaker 3: Know, kind of see it from afar, it hurts.
Speaker 2: So that's a real ass answer, yo, Like that is heartfelt, logical and real, and it's different like hearing it from him then you know me or you saying it or whatever, like he just laid it all out there, like, yeah, of course I'm hurt.
Speaker 3: That's my brother, man.
Speaker 2: But the fact is, this is what we signed up for. And I think, especially in the case of Kyrie man, that's a guy who's been through some stuff, you know what I'm saying on a massive public stage, So he's a great person to hear from on this.
Speaker 3: I just want to hear one more. This is Kyrie on playing with a D. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: You know, this is a part of my career where I don't have as many years playing. I'm not in my early twenties, so you know, I look towards the future quite often and my place in it, my position and how I can help other guys in the league and getting ad getting Max Christy definitely helps my motivation and keeps my mentality very strong. He's a great player, and Anthony Davis in terms of MVP candidate, and you know, I'm going to help him as much as I can, not just on the court, but off the court. So I'm just ready to open open up the doors, you know, welcome these guys the right way, and still at the same time be human. And you know, understand my emotions are still involved in this. You know, we just went to the finals. We just had a good run. But still there's still a sychement on the other end of that.
Speaker 1: All Right, we have about twenty four hours a little less than that until the NBA trade deadline happens tomorrow. The Mavericks are said to be out there active looking for one more piece. I do think they need another score, somebody who can put the ball on the floor, move around a little bit. I mean, you saw last night with them trying to get it's going to be hard to get the ball to Kyrie. Your best scorer is he's he's elite, but he's six to two. You could use some more score. You could use some help, somebody who can make things happen and create. There are some rumors out there yesterday, rumors started circulating that the Mavericks were gonna go after Kevin Durant. There Mavericks have been tied to Jimmy Butler, Mavericks have been tied to Brandon Ingram. So with all those rumors out there, and some of those guys the Maps that have to gut their roster to even have a shot at talking to him, then all that would be left standing would be the you know, Kyrie and two new guys HM. So which of those, if any is well? Take me through each one. Could the Mavericks get KD? Could the Mavericks get Ingram? Could the Mavericks get Jimmy Butler?
Speaker 2: I don't think the Mavericks could get Jimmy Butler KD because they both make like half a hondo. They're both hovering around fifty million dollars. And just know that in the NBA, when you're over the cap, you got to go dollar for dollar on these trades, get with the percentage. It's just you know, when you start thinking about, all right, how can we get done? Well, if you put PJ. Washington and Klay Thompson and Daniel Gafford and Derek Gladly, the second and old combine him together. You're like, wait, what, So I just I don't know how it happens with those two guys.
Speaker 3: It just seems way too difficult. Off the top of.
Speaker 2: My head, brandon Ingram, I think makes about fifteen or sixteen million dollars less than those other two, and so that's a little more doable.
Speaker 3: And so now you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about, all right, would you give up Daniel Gafford and PJ.
Speaker 3: Washington Junior for him?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I mean, I wouldn't, But I also wouldn't have traded Luca, you know, So I don't know those names are I mean, I'd love to add any of those three players just on the floor. I think the mechanics and gymnastics that it takes to make the trade happen is so difficult. Rob Polinka talked about it yesterday, remember when he was talking about his first coffee with Luca, and then he spent weeks thinking about all the things they had to do because of where they were in the Cats. It's very difficult, and so I don't have optimism that it's going to be a big deal unless it ends up being a younger player that doesn't have a big giant contract.
Speaker 3: Yet that's more manageable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just for me, it's like it has to happen, like you you traded Luca to go for it now, like right now, The meaning this second half of the season is go for it mode. I don't think you have enough offense to go for it. Okay, just I don't think you and I you know I again, you look at the end of that game, how hard it was to even get the ball to Kyrie. We've seen that all season. And when your best scorer, your best is six to two, that's that's I just don't. I don't think they have enough offense to be legit. I think that's a fair evaluation. But also I would say you're going to get the player you're talking about. You have a far greater chance of getting that player this summer, and so don't give up too much now to get lesser version when you can really go all in this summer. Because why just with it's easier to do deals in the summer, because teams are in different states, and so bigger deals like this usually happen in the summer.
Speaker 2: You'll have your picks, you know, you'll be able to you know, guys are in different stages with their contracts, and also you'll have gone through a playoff run and really be able to know what you need.
Speaker 3: It's just the clock is so ticking.
Speaker 1: It's like I feel you just played a Kyrie clip where he's already talking about the end is near for him, and it's like, oh wait what, yeah, like this you have to win this year, like you just I mean, I think, I person think it's an eighteen month window, Okay, I mean that's a tiny window. It was just about to be another twelve years. Yeah, I thought, I think I could. I mean, and that could be too much Homer thinking that Luca's gonna you know, I figure at some point he's gonna mature, he's gonna take care of his body, and he's not gonna be injured as much. But I also understand the frustration with all those things too, you know, trying in fairness.
Speaker 3: So but this window is so tight that I don't know, man, I don't know. We'll continue to get into this.
Speaker 1: This is a story that's not going anywhere, but coming up next fifteen signs that the woman in your life is mad at you. Gentlemen, you all need to hear Christina walk you through this list Next