Speaker 1: Take your info to go.
Speaker 2: I'm listening to powered.
Speaker 1: By fifty five k r C, the talk station five O five thinky five k r C, the talk station Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Some say.
Speaker 1: It was a vacation and that's the way the news goes. Yeah, I could use a vacation from welcoming on vacation a really nice time off. And thanks to Kevin Gordon for coming for me last week early and then for the kind words came in during the Best of show. Just Tracker put together the best of program, handpicking and selecting some of the interviews, book authors, et cetera that I had done and I came in and were so emails saying, Oh, it's so refreshing and wonderful, and where on the hell is the list of all the books of the authors that you talk to, because it can easily find you got to go through. You got to kind of back scroll through the various podcast pages on fifty five cars dot com to do that. Let us see here hope Jostracker had as good of Thanksgiving as I did. Took a break from the diet, had an awesome time to ask the rhetorical question because the CONPI get you high. I think the answer is a definitively yes. After one month without any process sugar at all in my diet, yes, I had some and it was off the charts amazing everything. And then Brian Ibel from the Help Squad, who can always use your help. You want to help folks out on the west side or truly on life's margins, the Help Squad is the place to make a donation. I saw him post on my response to my Facebook post asking if the COMPI can get you high? Where did you buy the pecan pie? Asking for a friend, and it was like, Bye, what are you talking about? He clearly has no concept of who I married the best pie crust maker on the planet and everything goes into the pie. My wife drops to my dear wife, she does have a true high level skill set when it comes to making pie. Oh my god, it was so good. Anyway, always this and Monday's always good. Here in the fifty five Kurssey Morning Show, because we get talked to the former vice mayor of the city. Since St. Christopher's Smitherman Christopher will join us at seven twenty, we'll get his reaction to Joe Biden partening his son Hunters that come as a surprise to anybody out there. Oh, oh, you believe Joe Biden when he said he would never pardon his son if you could roll back the clock a year ago, when I think the first time he made that kind of statement, and you had an opportunity to put fifty bucks down, one hundred dollars down on a bet. Would you love bet that Joe Biden was going to pardon Hunter Biden? Or would you have believed Joe Biden when he said, I won't do it, just asking no from beyond my father? Chiming in, miss your dad, miss you so much money Monday Brian James after Christopher Smith been in money Monday, Brian James always at eight o't five year in the Morning Show. Why are people moving south? Well, maybe because it's nineteen blanking degrees out right now. Uh strong recommendation from Brian Thomas where a jacket companies are scanaling back on DEI. More and more are the racket that is DEI. You think of all the college educations that the diplomas that have been issued in the name of woke ideology and related ideological concepts. They had to go out into the world and find a job guess what, There weren't any, So what do they do? They created them. Ah, we have a new DEI department here at college. We're gonna hire fifty people. Director is going to be paid four hundred thousand dollars. Then you find out they don't accomplish anything except violate the law by having specific mandates on the number of people of any given particular skin color, regardless of marriage. Mind you, it's just wait a second. Are there x number of Asians? Are there X number of white people? Are there x number of black people? The answer is no in any of the foregoing then we're going to hire them, even though someone else in a different skin color is more eminently qualified for the job. This isn't good for business, and of course when you're doing DEI and woke investing, it is not good for your portfolio. You're looking for a high return on investment for your investment dollar. That is a sheer violation of the fiduciary obligations that investors have to you to maximize the return on your investment so you can maybe a Ford to eight eight During retirement, they start investing in companies just because they are woke. That doesn't mean this company is going to make any money. Hell, was a poor business decision to create the whole DEEI department in your company anyway, because it will It is not a generator of income. I worked in legal departments at companies like Anthem, for example. Do you think the legal department generates income? No, of course it doesn't. It's a lost leader. That is pure profit eating. Now, you can improve your business's bottom line depending on how the outcome of any given case, but generally speaking, lawyers are legal department isn't making money, and the EI department isn't making money either, just sucking a life out of companies. Anyway, we'll se where Brian has to go on that. Well, we not a bit of a tear on that. Why no more than sixty percent of your retirement should be in stocks. And finally, this Black Friday broke sales records. You probably heard that top of the Iron News questions just sort of out loud, rhetorically speaking, will there even be brick and mortar stores maybe five or ten years from now? Just kind of thinking out loud anyway. Five three eight hundred eighty two to three Taco top five fifty on at and T phones. Maybe you have something you want to talk about. I just in reviewing the fact that President Biden did, in fact pardon his son Hunter Biden yes yesterday, wiped away his criminal convictions, and probably I think it's a bigger pardon. I think I read one of the articles talking about a more in scope and breath than the parton that Ford gave Nixon. This is ten years worth of anything that he did, whether you and I knew about it or not. I mean, he was convicted. He was convicted for lying on his FFL firearms for him, he pleaded guilty to tax evasion, pleaded guilty. He didn't even fight that one. To save them. Well, I suppose himself as father and all the other corrupt individuals in the background, the embarrassment of having the facts come out at trial regarding his tax evasion not anymore, and then whatever else was in the background. Notably that this pardon goes back to twenty fourteen, that includes his time while he was working for Barissima. Remember Barissma Ukrainian gas company. You remember that, don't you. Wow, that's all been forgiven too, So don't sweat a bit, don't sweat it. The sun was said to appear for sentencing hearings later this month in Delaware and California, where the potential for lengthy prison times was there. But no, no, no, no. He had been singled out only because he is my son, and that is wrong. So saith the president of the United States of America. He still is, by the way. I know a lot of people forget that. Joe Biden still commander in chief. In fact, I liked that some Democrats were critical of the pardon. Colorad Governor Jared Paulus said the president put his family ahead of the country instead of bad precedent that could be abused by LA presidents. Ooh, I knew they gave Donald Trump a hard time for the pardons, that he had issued a present of Greg stand out of Democratic out of Arizona. I respect President Biden, but I think he got this one wrong. This wasn't a politically motivated prosecution. Hunter Biden committed felonies. It was convicted by a jury of his peers. Oh yeah, that's true. Fell guilty earlier this year, and charges he lied about his drug use in a federal form he completed as part of his twenty eighteen gun purchase. I love that one. And when they talk about this, the Dems do and Biden's nobody would have ever he prosecuted for that. Wait, no, no, but he was treated. Now he's different. Lying on an FFL form. How everybody does it all the time and nobody's going to go to jail for that all? Really? Yeah? Yeah, I believe Joe Biden when he said he wasn't going to pardon his son. Oh, he just pardoned his son.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe the federal government when a spokesperson like, oh, I don't know, the commander in chief the United States of America, the leader of the free world, says, ah, nobody ever gets rescuing for lying on an FFL form. Head on over to your favorite gun store. Lie on the form. Find out what will happen to you. I guarantee it won't be pretty, most notably because they know what political affiliation you have. Oh yeah, forgot about that too, Yes, you too have a dossier out there in digital form, so lying on the federal form. And then several months later, just as his trial on tax charges was getting readed, a kickoff in Los Angeles and that's when he pleaded guilty. And that was the point of pleading guilty was to well to keep the evidence of reality from the American people, the what some refer to and not kindly, as the Biden crime family prosecutors pointed out, bidennovated taxes by claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars in false deductions, including you remember that, writing off payments for hookers, dancers, a sex club membership, his daughter's law school tuition, all business expenses, all of them. They treated him differently. It was law there waged against my son, Hunter Biden Ergo, I'm pardoning. His full statement on the matter is just side splittingly comical. Five fifteen fifty five car City dok Station John. I just looked up. You are going to be first, as long as you don't mind hold it just for a few minutes here, gotta take quick Greg for some brief words. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: They don't just want to control our healthcare, live to control our children's minds through their education. Loud, We have to fight to take America back and.
Speaker 1: Logo, you have the luxury of giving your opinion. It's just being neighborly. Yeah, I've a good agree with the whole hard like of course most.
Speaker 4: Of the time, bring it back to what the founding bought is believed in that individual whippie and the individual responsibility that goes with.
Speaker 1: Us fifty five scene being talk station when it comes to your health five eighteen, coming up at five nineteen on a Monday, Like it or not five one, eight hundred and eight two to three talk with Pound five fifty on eight and T phones and thanks for holding John. Welcome to the program, and happy Monday to you. Happy Monday, Brian, and good morning to you.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get in real quick before we got busy here at work. I wanted to start your week off. And I'm just calling in to thank you man. Thank you for your show and what you and Joe put together and what you guys do for us out here. It's really more of a service. I just really appreciate it. I got the iHeartRadio app years ago because I do a lot of traveling for work and construction. So I can listen to your show every morning, and I don't care what city I've been in other shows, there's just none to compare to your your show.
Speaker 4: The way you.
Speaker 5: Incorporate the national scene with the local stuff. That's important to everybody down there Cincinnati and your guest and a couple examples.
Speaker 1: Years ago.
Speaker 5: As a kid, I remember the Beverly Hill Supper Club fire, but growing up, it wasn't like that was a big thing that I read about. But I don't know, six seven years ago, and you've had him on a couple of times. But the guy that wrote the book, I was listening to your interview one day and I was so engrossed. I went out and I bought the guy's book, and then I watched up all the YouTube documentaries and it was just so enlightening, and you know, learning about the mob connections down there and everything. It was just, you know, a really neat thing. And then more recently, a couple of months ago, my wife decided, Hey, we need a couple area. Rugs, Oh, yeah, that add to the great room.
Speaker 4: That'd be nice.
Speaker 5: Well, one of the cats decided that he thought that was a good idea too. So I'm really stressing out and I'm like I can't deal with this, and we're talking about what we're going to do, and then it hit me, I'm like, all these years I've been listening to Brian, let's try that odor exit stuff and I'm telling you what, man, that stuff is like magic and a bottle. It's unbelievable. It does, man, And so you know you don't. You haven't sold yourself out. Whether it's the car repair, the rooking guys, you know their products that you've used.
Speaker 4: You don't steer us wrong.
Speaker 5: So I just wanted to start your week off.
Speaker 4: I just thanking you.
Speaker 5: And one day I'm going to take a day off so I can make it to your your listener lunch because I want to shake your hand, not as a radio personality, but as a friend and a guy that I admire most importantly, a guy that I appreciate because what you do for us is it's such such an incredible service. And whenever you do decide to hang that mic up, it's going to be a sad, sad day in Cincinnati because we need to appreciate who you are and what you do for us. So you have a great week. I hope you've got a great holiday.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 5: We love you to death, brother, and uh we listen to you every morning.
Speaker 1: Made month man. That was the nicest thing. God, God bless you. He brought a tear to my eye. I'm having an analogy attack. Truly, truly, from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate that I consider every one of my listeners a friend. I don't. I hate the idea of celebrity, and that's why I don't do social media and get out there and sort of Hey, by the way, I'm having this for dinner. Take a look. And I don't know. I just you know, just a guy, just a guy trying to make sense of life. And I appreciate that you find some some benefit from the content I talk about. And I always appreciate Jo Strekker for getting this great guests lined up because I'm you. I put myself a position of if I don't know anything about this guy, what this person's talking about, what's the book about? What would what would anybody else ask? Where?
Speaker 6: Where?
Speaker 1: Are they inquisitive? The who?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Where? Why? And when? I just try to do my best to answer those questions because I need to know the answers myself. So it's wonderful being in a position to talk about this. And you know, over the years, I met folks like you, and it just man, I'll tell you what what you said today that's going to help me get out of bed on those tough days when the alarm goes off at two thirty and you're like, oh, and the world seems to be burning around us. God bless you. I really appreciate it, Mike. Thanks for calling this morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my pleasure. Brian.
Speaker 1: I like to wish you in yours.
Speaker 4: Happy holidays, Brian.
Speaker 1: They're already off to a great start. I sure appreciated pyle on man.
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 8: Look this is me and I know, oh boy, most people are going to disagree with this. I have no use for Biden, no use at all, but I would have personally I would have had less use for him if he wouldn't have pardoned his son. I know he's a bold face liar, he's this, that and the other, But as far as the sun goes, I don't blame him.
Speaker 4: Brian, Happy holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks appreciate it, Mike, and I hear where you're coming from. But you know, it's like Bill Clinton waving his finger. I did not have sex with that woman. Why did he even bother lyon in the first place? And if you're Joe Biden, you were, Yes, he's your son. The kids got all kinds of problems. I'll be standing in the shadow of Bull Biden and all the success that he had. Here there's you know, poor Hunter over in the background, you know, never getting any attention. Massive drug abuser, you know, I mean, how many hookers did that guy go through in his life? How much crack did he smoke? Terrible example of a father, on and on and on and on. But you know what, he's got a dad, and dad's quite often er enablers of that type of behavior, willing to overlook it or do everything they can in their power to help them get rehabilitated, which I don't doubt that they tried over the years, and apparently the guy's been sober now for five years. Bully for him. Hope he loves the rest of his life. But why why would he have said early on in this process, I will not and I will not and I will not over and over again he direct me out of his mouth or through cream, Jean Pierre will not prosecure a pardon my son. He knew in the back of my mind he probably was going to be pardoning his son. I think he wanted to see how things shake out. Guess what they didn't shake out real well. He was convicted and then pled guilty, convicted of the firearms charges, pled guilty to the tax evasion charges. So there he is stuck with his own prior pronouncements, and then of course giving everybody the opportunity to reflect back on him and say, look, Joe Biden lie to you again. So he should have kept his mouth shut in the first place. Maybe something along the lines of I'm going to wait to see how this shakes out. But as a father and as a forgiving man, in the name of Christian principles of forgiveness, I can see myself at least considering it. At least considering it.
Speaker 5: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: See words of wisdom for my heart MEATIA Aviation expert Jay Rattler, Thank you just Drecker for putting an exclamation point on that five twenty five. I mean, if I'm curious to the detoxation, local stories or more of your phone calls, which I obviously prefer rather talk to you than hear the sound of my own voice. But got interesting things going on in the news, and we'll get to that. I hope you can stick around. You're right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station h.
Speaker 1: Zug crappy one to you, and yes it does feel like nineteen degrees. Walk out there and hit you like a sledgehammer. At least that was my experience this morning. Normally, don't even put a jacket on because my car's in my garage. I walk out of my house and get in the cart and they come to the parking garage. I got like twenty feet to walk inside of the door. We're going to open that car door this morning. That's twenty feet with the wind blowing. Ooh, so put a jacket on your up, a little bit of asshle. It's over to the phones and sealed. But Evescot this morning, Happy Monday. Thanks for calling the program. Hello, Yes, welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. This is bud It. Somebody just call you and let you know about many thanks how you help them with with odor exit. I thanks like that. So I want to add to that. Over the years since you started, I've been listening to you since you started on the radio, and one thing I can say is that most of the time you are right. I remember when you predicted that Joe Biden will not be the candidate this year. I'm one of those that I said, you are, you would be wrong, but eventually, eventually you're right, so I give you the credit. So one thing that confused me. We're talk about Jodge Soro all the time. Yes, an honest one. Why don't we have donors that are Republican donors that can actually donate money just like Jodge Soro don it to be used for the benefit of projecting certain things that they are publican believe. And that is one thing. The second thing I wanted to ask you is why isn't it that whenever the Democrat moved somewhere, Republicans or this rock and I remember when I thought moved to Cincinnati, the Democrats are not dominating, the are the Hamilton County. But now all these three sleep uh conventioners our Democrat Yes, why why is it that I want.
Speaker 1: To You know what I would love with I would love to know the answer that question. The reality that I mean, I've watched I've watched this over my whole life. I mean I've talked like, for example, Ken Blackwell, Conservative Ken Blackwell was the mayor of the city of Cincinnati at one point. I remember a guy named Eugene Roman Never He's a neighbor of mine, the Roman family, wonderful folks, really conservative. He was the mayor's of Cincinnati back in the seventies at one point. Slowly, over time the Democrats have taken over. Now, maybe it's population shifts, maybe more and more as you've looked over the decades, it's taken from Hamilton County to go from really solid red to completely blue. There have been a lot of developments in these suburbs and the exuburbs and whatever you want to call it. Claremont County has gotten bigger Warren County. Everybody in Hamilton County seems to have moved to Warren County that it was of a conservative ilk. You've got Butler County, which is far more conservative. I think what happened is, you know, as you have this leftward shift in the in city politics, which was slow, it affected the well outskirts of the city, which is the right Hamilton County. Hamilton County folks. They get like maybe the property or the rather crime went up, Maybe the roads weren't being taken care of. Maybe there are a couple of administrations that just were epic failures. I don't know. I can go back over a number of mayors of the city, and they didn't exactly do the residents of the city any help. But every time you got something like that happened, more and more people consider moving out. In fact, my friend my wife said that right after what looking with the outcome of the Hamilton County election was here most recently in November, it was like the first words out of her mouth, let's move out of Hamilton County, you know that, And on so many levels she was serious. But that's people's response. So you get all the conservative mind of individuals and all the you know, the folks that would you know, vote for some sanity or some at least appropriate prioritization of the use attacks. Now I'm leaving, go ahead and ask the friends of my friends over in Anderson Township how they like being well inundated by all the leftists coming over there. I've heard from former Anderson Township Commissioner Drew Pappus on that a whole bunch of times. Hey, get to the point where, well, you know what, I'm leaving Anderson and I'm going out to wherever to get away from it. You know, back in the old day, in racist times, it was called white flight right now. Bottom line is it's just simple flight of people that have conservative ideology and know white people are not the sole carriers of conservative ideology. Look at the most recent election, we made some great inroads in many minority communities. Why because people look at the Democrats as completely backcrap, insane, who gets rid of police departments and who lets felons on the street, not Republicans, not people concerned about their communities of whatever political stripe, And it's backfired on him. So all we can hope is that over time the pendulum will swing. As my friend Mississippi James likes to observe during his lifetime, I've seen the pendulum swing this way, and I've seen it backswing the other way. We're in maybe a pendulum swing in a more sane direction. A lot of people would disagree with me on that, because well, Trump evil orange man, but you know what, a lot of other people joined the bandwagon, got the coattails, and now our positions to change the direct Maybe that change can come back to Hamilton County. And and yes, I know that'll let statement right there elicited laughter among a lot of people, but you can see why it can shift that way. Look what's happening right now? I just saw yet another article about the mass exodus of people from New York and mass exodus of people from California. Why because the policies don't work and they're running away. The place is like well like Hamilton County used to be back when it thread And with that, you can see the pendulum swinging toward the blue as they enter and move into those conservative areas. And I hope it doesn't happen. I appreciate the call, my friend five thirty five. If i've care see de talk station, and I will ignote although you acknowledge that sometimes I get it right, I miscall it from time to time as well. I'm happy to admit that because everybody makes mistakes. Stick Grett, I've got plenty to talk about. Especially stack is stupid. If you don't want to engage in a conversation, that's okay. We can die money into the stupid. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all. It's Ken Monday, and a happy one to you to the caller who called was so kind and his words and learned about the Beverly Hills to supper Club Fire from this guy that wrote the one book on I just wanted to remind you since I had Peter Bronson on last week, he's got a brand new book out if you didn't read Forbidden Fruit since Cities Underworld and the supper Club Inferno, that is a wonderful companion piece to the other book that I believe you're referring about the Beverly Hills supper Club Fire. So anyway, he's got to write a new book, Promised Land, How the Midwest was one. Interviewed him a full hour in studio with He's just a brilliant guy and writes great book. Just some Christmas press and options for you out there from a local author about well matters local It's cool over to the stack of Stupid and yeah, I think we're gonna have to give an award out right out of the gate here, Joe, we got a Texas daycare worker former CATHERINEQE. Gouziche.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: You helped me out on this one, gus z I e Jka Smith there. Thanks, Joe. Seems like I don't know if it's missing consonants or vowels. Anyway, Guziachka, forty four years old, working at the Punkin Doodles Daycare in Lindell, Texas. Police were alerted to her alleged abused abusing of children's by the father of one of the alleged victims. He'd been told about the assaults by another employee of the daycare who saw surveillance footage of the abuse. According to the New York Post, reporting sheriff claimed Gauzich got caught on film kicking the six children on one hundred and thirty four separate occasions kicking. She remains in custody and has been since October thirty three, reth arrest on six counts of injury to a child with the intent to cause bodily harm. Kicks dealt over the court some several months between July and October. One portion of the footage, she can be seen kicking a defenseless two year old boy in his lower back while he was laying on the floor. Footage also reportully show her yanking on toddler's from their naptime beds. You think that's enough. There's no big a douche than you standing on some of the toddler's hands as a form of punishment. Dumb, good going, Doude, your dreams.
Speaker 3: Have come true?
Speaker 1: Oh my word, Well, I just have to wonder out loud, Joe, because let's face it, you know, if this was a man in a man's prison and it was determined that his other inmates found out that he was committing these kinds of acts of abuse on two year old children, it wouldn't work out really well for that guy. Question would it be worse for a woman in a woman's prison having committed heinous acts like this? Am I allowed to say? I hope? So who can argue with that? Now here's the stuff of nightmares for some people over in India. The Logical Indian Reporting that's the name of the newspaper, so you know, jaring to keep the John Desiahs skepticism alive and well for international news reports along these lines. Anyway, he was nearly cremated alive in India after three doctors mistakenly declared him dead. Twenty five year old Roe tash Kumar neatly rushed back to the hospital in Rajasthan, India after waking up on the funeral pire. He then ultimately died a day later from the condition that initially hospitalized and he described as death and m You'd been staying at a home for the metal impaired, began experiencing epileptic seizures. Taken to the hospital after seemingly so coming to his his condition, three doctors said he's dead.
Speaker 10: I'm not sad.
Speaker 1: Without conducting a proper post mortem examination anyway, I spent three hours prior to his near cremation in freezing in a freezing cold morgue, according to the UK Daily Mail reporting. Footage obtained by the Mail reportedly shows him in the catatonic state just prior to waking up. Health Department currently investigating the three doctors at the BDK hospital. Yeah, forty five. I think that's the caskets that they used to have in the old days that had the little bell on them, just in case you know, you'll woke up. In the casket, you can let people know that I'm not dead yet. Every Federal Credit Union your credit usement the Heart with the Hearts and slumb Well nineteen thirty nine. Great place to bank, A better way to bank. I would like to point that out. And one of the reasons it's better way to bank the interest rates always a great, great thing going on right now, spread some cheer and joy. If you need cash, and now's a great time to get a well a personal loan from every Federal Credit Union where members will get one point eighty five percent off the holiday loan. What do you need to cash for? Travel, home improvement? Saw, what's something that will make you happy? Hey, it's your loan, it's your needs and at one point eighty five percent off the already wonderful Emory rates, it is a great time to get the personal loan. To learn details or to apply, you can go to any one of the Emory Federal Credit Union branches or check them out online. The offer does end at the end of this month. December thirty first is the deadline. Certain restrictions apply, so got EMORYFCU dot org to check it all out. Emory FCU dot Org NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally insured by NCUA, Equal Housing Lender fifty five KRC. The talk station making Sense of the Fed in the stage if at about PERCD talk station Christophers with a minute seven twenty for the smither vent of course money might do with Frian James. It is Monday and of course, the stack is stupid. In little phone calls five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three talk at your iHeartMedia ampire over a fifty five caresea dot com. Ah, here we go, uh Shodenfreuda. Perhaps on this one instant karmera. Maybe good to Saint Louis. We're a fourteen year old suspect. I'm sorry, I'm gonna laugh at this one accidentally shot his sixteen year old accomplice as they tried to carjack a guy this last month. I can't believe I drew that red card from EU Strekker. What for carjack phrasing? Is that what they're calling it these days? Going to place, teenagers approached a seventy three year old who was sitting in a park car, pointing a gun at him and demanded his keys. The man threw his keys in a nearby open field. The man in the fourteen year old, who was holding the gun, then got into a struggle, during which the teenager fired the gun, shooting the sixteen year old in the legs. Plural idiots things because they're idiots. Sixteen year old taken to the hospital. Fourteen year old taken it to custody. Seventy three year old man suffered only minor injuries and did refuse medical attention. Instant karma. Okay, it is the stack of stupid. This seems to be the stupidest headline of the rest of the mix. Go to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Got one man dead and another detained after his wife's city was shot in killed in a dispute over loud music in Florida on Thanksgiving. Do what the hell let us see here? Rose McLean says in agony after his seventy two year old husband, Hurley Hurley On McLean, was gunned down outside their apartment. You said it happened after a minor dispute with a neighbor, rows in the interview. He was just playing his music today and a guy said he was playing at two louds, So my husband went down to went down there to him. Moments later, she said she heard a fatal shot. I was inside my chain and changing my clothes and I hear a gun shot boom, So I ran outside because I knew my husband went outside, and that's when I go outside and saw him on the floor. Shot the man with the gun then threatened her as well. He was being very violent because I was saying, why did you shoot my husband? Why are you doing that? He said to me, and just shut your mouth. Hell shoot me too. I don't even know what that means. Anyway. Pastor apparently tried to comfort them, pointing out is a difficult task on the day to give thanks and celebrate family. No kidding, and let's see here Florida man, but stay in Florida for this one. Under arrest for two separate thefts occurring within fifteen minutes of each other. Andrew Silester, forty two now cues the two county Fellony retail thefts Court of the press release is see by the Pole County Sheriff's device. In each instance, the defender allegedly stole several hundred dollars worth of products from the exact same public supermarket in central Florida. Court to poke shoff, Sheriff Grady Judge Sylvester tried to steal not one, but two carts full of groceries from public well shopping where shopping is a pleasure. How do you like that little plug? From the Pole County Sheriff, And he used that in a commercial for publics. That's start landing him in the county jail, where assisting criminals is our pleasure. He followed up on Frazy Joe whove ever twelt. Deputy's called it the grocery store Route ninety eight in Lakeland, public supermarket chain employee owned, operates through a majority of southeastern United States. You haven't been to Florida. You haven't seen the publics. When deputies arrived, they located Andrew outside of the store with a shopping cart full of groceries that he had not paid for. Ord to the statement from the sheriff's value of the items two undred and forty three dollars ninety two cents. Storreploy allegedly said the defendant had pulled off a similar caper less than fifteen minutes earlier and then just came back to do it again. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Value of the items in the initial cart that he stole two hundred and six dollars and ten cents. Ergo, he's alleged to attempted to steal a combined total items valued at two cents over four hundred and fifty dollars. I don't know if four hundred and fifty dollars is critical under Florida law, but that's the number, sheriff said. We tried to talk to him, he wouldn't talk back. Sarah suggested the case of the defendant was beyond dispute because store surveillance footage showing Sylvester walking in and out with two buggies full of stolen property. Retail theft in Florida criminalized at the basic level, considered a phony in a third degree, punishable by a prison term of up to five years. In the defendant's case, two theft defenses pere likely to come with the potential for an extended term of imprisonment two separate, unrelated offenses. I'm going to agree with the assessment from the reporter on this one. Thank you, too long. Crime dot Com five fifty five fifty five Krcity talk station plenty coming up to talk about maybe you got a comment or two about President pardoning his son. Oh look, shared Brown says. The system was rigged that, among other things, got Plenty talk about I hope you can stick around me back after the news, your voice refreshing your country.
Speaker 2: For reasonable American.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC d talk station.
Speaker 11: If you're a business owner, the holidays.
Speaker 5: Rhetoric against us, but if we dare to fight back, we.
Speaker 1: Are the violent one fifty five krs The talk station Sex six fifty five krc DE talk Station. Brian Thomas actually happy to be off our back from vacation, really had such a wonderful, wonderful time exhale, relaxed, sleep in, enjoy the beauty and glory that is Thanksgiving. After a month on Keto diet and just saying that howl of it for a day or two, that was just so glorious. You have no idea how good that felt. Well, if you ever been on Keto, you know how much the diet sucks in and of itself, so U but you know that Thanksgiving feast was amazing. Thank you to every member of the family because everybody participated in it. And I can only pray and hope that you had even a fraction of the enjoyment that I had. Just taken a couple of days off so I got to spend some time with family, of course, spent some time with friends and had a real enjoyable experience doing just that. Hope you can say as much I hope you can call in. So you've got a couple of callers on line five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones, And Maureen, you know what I'm I'm going with. I think you may be onto something. It's not her idea conceptually, but I opened up the morning show talking about President Biden, yes, pardoning his son, and whether you think that's aokay or not, he does have the power presidential parts. But he said over and over again, through his own words and through his White House spokespersons, including Kring Jean Pierre, that he was not going to pardon his son, his son who was convicted by a jury in the firearms charge and who admitted his guilt in connection with the tax evasion charges. He copped a plea guilty as charged, and that was in order to avoid a very scandalous trial that might have, you know, sort of revealed some of the more broader and perhaps deeper and darker secrets of the Biden crime family. But whatever Biden previously said, I'm not going to do it, and then you know, he goes he does it. So that's the part that really irks me. And as I said in the last hour, you know, heads your bets before you make some grandiose statement. I will never ever ever, you know, it's always nice to say, you know what, unless someone can convince me a good reason otherwise or whatever. You know what, I'm gonna see how the thing plays out with my son. My son's obviously got a heapload of problems. I'm not inclined right now to say I'm gonna pardon him, but you know what, I'm president of the United States of America. Leave that option open. Some people would have screened up there you go. You know he's gonna pardon them, But at least he would have had some measure of credibility to extend. Biden has any credibility left. Now you look back on him and say, well, you're a damn liar. Like Bill Clinton waved his finger, I did not have sex with that woman. If he didn't say that, you know what I've said before, and I say it again, I think I would have given the guy a pass. I'm a man. I'm a man who could never, under any circumstances be married to a woman like Hillary Clinton. For a multitude of reasons, not the least of which I don't find her sexually attractive at all. But you know what, that's a political marriage, if that's their arrangement, whatever, But don't lie to me. Say I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm I'm sorry. Apologies. Yes, and take a look at the history of presidents of the United States of America. Not exactly a real you know, a moral group of people if you want to judge it from your certain moral standards. But now, liar, President, liar. But back to Marene. MSNBC is now saying that everyone in the Biden administration should get a broad pardon, and you probably pause through it and you think, wait a second, could he do that? Yeah, he probably could. As I stare at all of the backlash Trump is getting for selecting Cash Patel to be the FBI director, the enforcer of Trump's revenge. Patel has no other agenda but revenge. Okay, Well, you know, I guess the Biden administration made a pretty good job out of getting revenge when there was no legal predicate to do. It's what do you do? You go up and make stuff up. Steal dossier for example. That took a while for people to finally come around. Oh look the Hunter byden laptop. It's a lie. It's Russia rush or RuSHA Russia. All that turned out to be lie. So yeah, if there's nothing there, you can create it and go after it and pretend that if it's real. But ultimately you're really just going after one single guy for his politics and the fact that he's after your job. That's Cash Bettel. Now, will Patel go out in New World and do this? I don't know. My popcorns out for all things like that, don't know. But who's set the precedent for him to do it? Right? Yes, Joe. They are pissed off because he's the perfect choice. But see this is Maureene's point. She gave me this little clip. It's MSNBC saying everyone should get a pardon. And if you have a corrupt administration, or you're worried about cash Battel going out and drumming up charges or drumming up things or making things up, because well they've written the guidebook for him to do just that, then think about it. Joe Biden sits down and they steer him in the direction of the piece of paper in front of them, which has words written down by someone else here. Put your mark on this, Joe, and ultimately you've pardoned literally every person in the entire Biden administration from all things they may have done criminally or otherwise. And that's the scope and breath of the pardon that Biden signed for Hunter. Basically everything wiped away, whether known or unknown, all the way back to twenty fourteen, which interestingly coincides with a lot of the crazy behavior that was going on over yes in Ukraine Baristla holdings, among other shenanigans. Today's got a free pass. Why can't you do that to everybody? I think it's conceptually possible. So when Cash Hotel comes in, he can't go after anyone because Joe Biden's preemptively pardoned them all. I guess I have to wonder out loud what the American people's reaction to something like that might be, because you can already hear the justification from MSNBC. Well, it's just because Cash Mattel is going to politicize and engage in lawfare against them. Oh yeah, well, Donald Trump successfully defended himselves after years and years of charges levied against him that we all found out weren't true that we had been lying to us for all that time. So if Cash Mattel did that same thing, then ultimately these people would persevere because they didn't do anything, now did they? Hmm? But WHOA What happens if they did? What happens if he has probable cause to believe that actual crimes were committed without parenthetically lying de fis the court judges in order to get the information, like like the Biden administration did, then he'd have to go prove his case in a court of law, wouldn't he They wouldn't need a pardon if you think they didn't do anything wrong. I don't know, it's crazy, but it sounds hilarious from a concept. And again, my popcorn is out, CJ. Thanks for indulging me while I had to get that out of my system. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Happy Monday, Oh, happy Monday to you as well. You know this weekend, the news this weekend was unbelievable for Thanksgiving Day weekend between Hunter But what happened over in Syria? What's going on in Georgia and Belarus? Last night? You had a train hijacked by rebels that was burned on supplies going to Ukraine for the Russian troops. Russia is gaining land in Ukraine. That is one hundred percent true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: There's also another thing going on that we're not paying attention to, and that is that Putin is very close to a coup. They have interest rates near thirty percent. Now you've got inflation at ten percent a month. You've got the ruble this weekend with taken off the foreign exchange market by their central banks, so they're not buying anything. They're not able to buy anything outside of Russia, even on the black market, because that it has become completely worthless. What's going on in Syria. They've lost they may you know, that port there in Syria that they want so bad. There's a you know, reports that they may have to move the ships into the Mediterranean, which.
Speaker 1: They may or may not be allowed to do.
Speaker 6: They've lost multiple planes to the Syrian government. Putin is in real danger. He may take land in Ukraine ultimately, but I don't know if he can keep his power. I also think we need to be prepared as a country that you could have complete chaos with the nation that holds the most nuclear weapons, with a government south of them, who will gladly take them all on? Who wants to take over other lands throughout the Asia for America first, But we got to pay attention to the foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Oh, no question, we have chip pay attention to foreign policy. But I guess I have to wonder the stage has already been set in Russia. We have history as a guide for what might happen in the aftermath of a complete radical change in government system. That of course was the fall of the Soviet Union. Now we managed collectively as a globe to get through that period of time, and I know that at the time there was a lot of concern or were you know, breakaway nations and former Soviet Block nations and the fact that they have nuclear weapons in their in their under their control, and some of them are crazy and some of are not, some of the are corrupt or some of them are not. So Yeah, a scary time in history when that happened, as well as a joyful and time of elation because of the fall of the Soviet Union. But you know a lot of danger looms in the background on that. And I don't know how a change of government would even take place, or transition to government even take place under whatever the hell it is they have now, which seems just like a dictatorship. I mean, isn't putin basically a dictator They don't have seemingly really any form of democratic process there. So I don't know crazy stuff, and I was not aware of the Ruble melt down. I have to I'm gonna have to look into that. See, sometimes my listeners are far more intelligent and astute than I am, and I'm happy to admit that. That's why I'm happy I have the smartest listening audience in radio. Appreciate the call. CJ got New Hampshire, Gary and Candy on the phone. Hold on a moment, we'll get your calls. After I mentioned chimney care fireplace in stove. You can enjoy that warmth and beauty and comfort of that fire roaring in the fireplace this year, and I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy it because you know what, You've already taken care of your safety safety safety safety. First, your chimney needs to be inspected, notably wood burners because of the you know, the kreosoat and everything else that comes off burning wood that cakes up in your fireplace. Lining catches on fire at some point and cracks. Lining. Number two apparently is the one that might burn your house to the ground. Or in my case, you've got a gas fireplace that with a fireplace insert for the builders special department of the wherever the hell he got it? Dangerous is what the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove inspection revealed. Prian, don't use it. I didn't rather than trying to just sort of ignore it and not enjoy the warmth and fireplace, I had the whole thing gutted, relined and beautiful fireplace. Insert hands selected from the showroom at four thirteen Wards Corner Road, which is where you'll find the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove. Great selection of inserts. You can get yourself a wood waste pellet stove insert a regular insert gas or wood. How about a free standing stove. A lot of people love those. Those things put out a tremendous money. I think they're really cool. Have one installed. They do tuck pointing, they do chimney of course, the sweeping by certified chimney sweets and dryer vent cleaning. You got him out for an inspection. Have inspected dryer event because if you can't remember the last time you got it cleaned, it needs to be cleaned out. A plus with a better business Barall been locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight five one three, two four, eight ninety six, two four eight, ninety six hundred online Chimneycareco.
Speaker 11: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six twenty few. If you have here cit talk today, you can go directly to the phones in the order in which they receive. Let's start with New Hampshire, Gary. Thanks for calling and holding there, New Hampshire, Gary. Good to hear back from you.
Speaker 10: It's good to hear from you, Brian. I hope everybody had a copy. Thanksgidding. Let me just jump in beat first on this. Everybody who didn't get the Hunter Biden's pardon. It's actually a good thing for Republicans, and it shows a hypocrisy both on the government level level and it really shows the hypocrisy on every thinking news channel that preached to us for the last six months. How Hunter, how Biden's respects the system of justice in the United States, He didn't and he would never pardon. They got a montage, of course, everywhere they are everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious.
Speaker 10: I just think it's actually a good thing. It shows the hypocrisy of everything that's going on, and then you could apply that for the wearing us of the masks, the vaccination, the withdrawal of Afghanistan, never leave Americans behind to the election integrity that we know malfeasans was going on even in this election with Democrats just blatantly trying to ignore the law right even though they didn't care. They still don't care, and there's still some of them are trying, you know, taking almost four weeks to decide an election in California. It makes you wonder. No, it doesn't make me wonder. It makes you angry. It makes me angry. This is not justice. This is a two tier justice system that is being flauted at every level.
Speaker 1: It is. You didn't call me looking for an argument to himshire Gary and I have been enjoying the montage of these Biden will never ever, ever pardon listen to him, but he believes in the rule of law. Of those statements over and over again from every talking head and every left wing talking head media outlet, in print and on film, all right there for all to observe. That's the beauty of the Internet. We can find it. It's right there. Look fifteen minutes ago and like sort of in human time, you know, a moment ago, in human time, you were on there screaming about how much he believes in justice, and now you're forgiving him and saying it was the right thing for him to go ahead and pardon his son. You can't reconcile those two points of view, but we sure can. And we know who's lying to us, and we know who's telling the truth. And thank you again for the Internet. Let's se what Candy's got. Candy, thank you for calling this morning, and a very happy Monday. Forty nine days left, and he did it on the fiftieth day.
Speaker 4: Of his Uh.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering if he thinks maybe he'll be off, you know, he'll be.
Speaker 7: He's gonna you know, they're gonna want to have.
Speaker 2: A forty seventh president for Kamala.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that rumor before. I don't think it's worth going through the exercise of even trying that. But but you know, he has been very, very frail of health. It could certainly something might happen to President Biden. God forbid, though, but a man who's eighty two years old and you know, wanders away in a Brazilian rainforest and doesn't even know where he is. Maybe he did want to get it out of the way. Maybe his doctor has been con candid and honest with him about his long term prognosis or something. You see, when we've all been lied to for so long, it's easy to come up with these conclusions. It's easy to make these to draw these lines. I don't think they're gonna waste the political capital just to say Kamala Harris was the first woman president, because look, she got her butt handed to her by evil Orange Man by a substantial amount. They lost House seats, they lost Senate seeds. That was a totally brutal devastation of the Democrats thanks to whoever the decision making people were from, I guess the Obama administration and pulling the plug on Biden last minute and putting of all people someone who all of the Democrats soundly rejected in twenty nineteen, not giving them an opportunity to have their say in it, and selected her to be the nominee, only to get their butts handed to them. So is she the greatest? Is she are they going to really want to annoint her to the first female president in the United States's history. I don't think so. They're hoping for a better day down the road. Six twenty six fifty five krec DE Talk station. Lord knows they've got better candidates than someone like her. They would someone who actually might do a great job and be used and held out as an illustration of how wonderful things can be under a female president, just not this time. See Susseette Low's camp. Wonderful human beings she is and in the mortgage business, I strongly encourage you to work with a female that person. Susette loves the camp. She is absolutely a terrific lady. You'll enjoy working with her. Always took the point out it seems to be one of the most expensive financial transaction most anybody ever gets into owning a home, and you want to get through it with the great understanding of the knowledge that thirty five plus years in the mortgage business will bring you with Susett, the wonderful customer service she provides, and how quickly she can get you through the whole process start to finish, Boom boom, boom, it's over and done with with no junk fees, no application fees, only great rates at low cost. And since she's with Cross Country Mortgage, she can help you in literally any state in the Union, including Puerto Rico. Not a state, but she can help still help you with mortgage related issues there. It's got great programs to talk to you about, especially like if you're a veteran for example. Anyway, give her a call. Please tell her Brian said, Hi. When you do, leave a message anytime, she'll get right back with you. So you don't have to wait till for business hours to call her at five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Just go ahead and shoot her off an email. Su'sa dot Low's camp Lo s E KA MPs is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 11: Com fifty five KRC six thirty.
Speaker 1: Two fifty five KRCD talk station uh I feel forree to call the wise local stores, haven't got any got Christopher Smove and come out off the top of the air next hour at seven twenty for the Smither event and looking forward to that money Mondy Brian James at eight oh five, and in the meantime, I still can't believe this. They get ready to demolish part of the Big mac Bridge. O DOT said repairs the Big dan Beer Bridge currently slated to be complete in March. They started demolishing on Friday. The one of the phases very systemic, surgical type of demolition. According to Kathleen Fuller, speaking with WCPO, bridge set to fully reopen the middle of March. The biggest hold up finding enough steel to custom make new beams and girders. This will say the steals in high demanded because of backlog repairs needed in other places after Hurricane Halene, but they expect the shipments to arrive mid January. Southbound lanes of the MacMan shutdown since November.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: Of course, the wooden playground not near the heat level that a airplane full of fuel would cause and bring down the towers. For all you conspiracy theorists out who have been arguing about that never being possible, a playground melted the bridge massive structural damage. Sorry, I always like to throw that in odouts at a project like this can normally take up to three years to complete, but the crews should be done in less than four months, knock Wood crews began repairing concrete pier caps, including seven new girders, and pouring more than seventy six hundred square feet of concrete deck once the girders. Arry Fuller said construction on the bridge begin in January, with all work expected to begin to be complete by March. Heartbreaking, it is another round of Frish's Big Boy restaurants facing eviction notices, including yes, you've probably heard it by now the Frish's first location, the Mainliner in Fairfax, lots of folks expressing dismay and court of the website. Mainline restaurant was Sincinny's first year round drive in named after the first trimotor passenger airplane, and of course to this day the replica of the plane is on the sign's logo. There I guess maybe let up in the sign Museum. December thirteenth, Court Day will also threaten Frish's Queen's Gate and Sharonville locations too, already close facing evictions. On the thirteenth, Frish's West Price still in North College Hill restaurants. New evictions bring the total number of eviction lawsuits more than twenty evictions of Frisian's restaurants began in October after property owners claimed the chain was over four million dollars behind in rent. Sad Sad, Sad, sad sad six thirty five fifty five care see de talk station. Get in touch with the USA. USA Premium foam and the xterior walls of your home is just the no brainer. I've always said it is and it always will be. High star value foam in the market injected into the homes that do not have sufficient old you know, R twelve like my daughter's house. Her and Eric terrible amount of insulation of the walls. They had an inspection thanks to mom and Dad at least me and Paul Atte. Now they've got USA's premium foam in the xterior walls. They've been enjoying the comfort all summer on that when they certainly will enjoy the comfort in winter as well. It's going to save them money every month, as foam in your exterior walls will do as well. So call USA find out if you're under or uninsulated to take advantage of the ninety nine dollars a month interest free that's unbelievably low pay. Then you may I can't say probably. I don't know what your normal energy bill is, but so many people over the years have saved more than ninety nine bucks every single month, So why not? Then you get a twelve dollars energy tax credit, which is the federal government saying, hey, hey, hey, this is the right thing to do. You know, you know, I'm not in favor of those things, but there it is. Take advantage of it. It's like someone writing you a check for twelve hundred dollars to do the right thing. Three eight one three six two six three eight one foam ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Find out more information online at USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio is your number one. That's six forty here at fifty five KERCD talk station. Have you Monday money? Monday coming up at eight oh five. Brian James? Why are peeping people moving south? Companies scaling back on DEI programs? Why no, more than sixty percent of your retirement should be in Stockton. Finally, this Black Friday broke sales records, prompting me to think, I wonder how many more years it's going to be that we're still going to have brick and mortar stores. Heyw am talking earlier about, of course cash Betel and the Dems pulling their heads out about him being the enforcer of Trump's revenge. He'll be going back after political opponents and okay, whatever, they got the game plan from the Democrats. I just got the biggest kick out of this, of course, shared Brown's licking his wounds after losing to Bernie Moreno. Here in Ohio, it was fifty point two percent to forty six point six percent for those who failed to keep track at home. That was the margin of victory for Bernie Moreno. Jared Brown now shared Brown now claiming he lost the reelection because Republicans rigged the system him. Last Thursday, on CNN, Brown alleged Republicans rigged the system after complaining about ads on transgender issues, including one that featured Vice President Kamala Harris discussing how she pushed behind the scenes for transgender prisoners to receive sex changes while she was Attorney general in California, Brown on CNN, they lie about it, and they put it in this case. They spent forty million dollars on eight different ads on that issue. They were talking about how to make Ohio a better state. They're not doing their job on education, they're not doing their job on healthcare, they're not doing their job on creating jobs. And I'm reading this some going wait a second, he's talking about a political attack AD. Has anyone ever learned anything from a political attack AD other than well, there's stuff to attack the other guy over. I know there are positives like vote for Bertie Marina because he will be able to do the following. Yeah, but they're also negative attack ads. And of course I know Sharon Brown ran his fair share against Bernie Moreno, or at least his packs did. And I'm sure shared Brown wasn't drawing a distinction between his own ad spy buying and spending where he approved the ad content and the political action committees that were happily running ads on his behalf. And I'm sure he was happily enjoying them playing over and over again about like, for example, how Bernie mistreated his employees or something like that. CNN reporter Manu Raju pointed out the campaign was successful, Republicans won. Brown's response, Yeah, but they're winning elections in part because they've rigged the system. They've made it harder to vote. He is still singing that line. They've changed ballot language in a jer Conian in a dramatic way. With the last election. They did that with abortion rights. It didn't work in that case, right, Yeah, And Ohio we have abortion now pretty much across the board across So you got your way here in Ohio. I don't know what you're complaining about there. So Roger asked if Democrats were out of touch with Americans on those issues, considering the aftermath of the election, Donald Trump did win by a substantial majority here in the state of Ohio. Oh, that's right, and the popular vote in the United States of America, Like we're reminding the Dems of that. Yes, they spend all this money on you against you, you guys one, are you out of touch on those issues too? Should you? Guys? Mean the Democrats have done a better job in pushing back Brown for his response, I'm not out of touch on those issues. I go home, I hear people all the time. I know how they focus group and they lie. I mean, how do you call me out of touch when they lie about an issue? It's just comical. Blurring of the distinction between attack ads, political ads, race ads, and you know a record you can either stand on or not record that includes a very very, very very almost one hundred percent left wing shared brown vote with the Biden administration on literally every left wing policy that clearly did not carry the weight of the day during a presidential election year, prompting many on the Democratic side of the ledger if they need to rethink their vision for America. They lost so poorly, they lost the evil Orange man. Oh my god, can you image the moment of reflection that's going through every one of their collective minds. We had this campaign, this this hate field campaign, and speaking about lying, we have been hitting Donald Trump left and right about the head and shoulders literally now for the last four and a half five six years, when he wasn't even in office. It was always evil Orange man. He's the one responsible for legislation either being passed or not being passed. It's all Trump, Trump, from Trump to Trump just pounded in every man, woman, and child's system now forever. And it didn't work. From their perspective, the most evil human being on the planet beat their candidate. They're candidate who also brought down the likes of Shared Brown, and do we vote out Shared Brown because of well Donald Trump? Did we vote out Shared Brown because Bernie Marin was a better candidate? Did we vote out Shared Brown? For who Shared Brown demonstrably was in cantil and still continues to be the left wing nut job that he is. I hope he enjoys retirement six forty six if you five KC the talk station five point three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk go with Top five to fifty on AT and T phones and got a email from a buddy. Rick sends me emails on things political all the time. But he took my advice, and I love when I hear from my listeners. And my advice worked out soundly because I never ever intend to steer you in the wrong direction, and in this particular case, he took my advice. He said, I just had plumb type plumbing out yesterday. John is an apprentice. Jack did a great job. I gave them a five star review. Wish I could have made it ten. Well, Rick, thank you very much for taking my advice. I'm glad you had a great plumbing experience, and that's exactly what I would expect for anybody who calls plumbing plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Probably serving northern Kentucky all the way up to Daton and everything in between, Greater Cincinnati areas, basically their entire market area. The mission is, like they did with Rick, provide you with a great customer experience and accomplish it by delivering the highest quality products and services and customer relations in the industry. They're wondering about, wonderful about communicating with you, letting you know when they're on their way at far and ethical pricing as always and plumbing done right. That's why they enjoyed a plus. With a better business spare and of course five star review from Rick, it would have made it ten. You'll get the same experience. I feel very confident and speaking on their behalf for years and years. Call them up five three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven, eighty four eighty three, twenty four hour days, seven day week, emergency service. Absolutely learn more online go to plumptight dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Prescriptions required online consultation nine first forty mother Forecast says we have a partly cloudy start of the day to mostly cloudy with floorries later today twenty nine for the high down. That's nineteen overnight with a few clouds. UH high A thirty four tomorrow with partly sunny sky, a few clouds over night. Down at twenty and Whnes there be a partly sunny day, mostly cloudy night. They see a chance of raym in the evening hours before one am. Forty three to the high Wednesday. Right now it's nineteen degrees. In's time for a traffic update from the US Gut Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: You see how pipe Boull Center offers comprehensive OBCD care and advanced surgical expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three highways. Not bad at all to deal with so far this morning. North Found four seventy one, just beginning to fill in on the bridge a bit North Bend seventy five doing fine pants buttermilk and Dixie chuck ingramon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one on a Monday, post vacation Monday, got my batteries charged back up. Feeling really good and again, I hope any everybody had at least a fraction of the joy and wonderfulness that was Thanksgiving in my house, gorgeous, beautiful day. Nobody talked politics the whole night, not a word or peep about it. It was such a joyous thing, and I hope that was your experience as well. A Thanksgiving. This is a Mississippi James's got Mississippi James. It's a pleasure to have you back on the program, Sir. I hope you and your beautiful wife are well.
Speaker 4: Hey, we are, and welcome back to you.
Speaker 1: Brian, Thank you man.
Speaker 4: All right, a couple of things. You was talking about. That bridge. I guess we call it the McDonald.
Speaker 1: Bridge, Yeah, the James Beard Bridge, the big mac bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, is that northbound lane? Did it reopen or is it still shut down?
Speaker 1: Now? I had to be shut down, I guess till March and I'm getting my north and southbound confused. Yeah, I think it's the northbound. This is it the southbound that shutdown today? Nay? Threw me off there, James. Either way, No, that will be remain remain closed because they have to get all the supplies to start doing the rebuilding and apparently they can't find the steel, which is now scheduled to be delivered in January, and they're going to expedite the work on it. We've been told by O Dot that the work will be done by March of next year. So it's going to be a while, okay.
Speaker 4: And that leads to my point on that it's a steel company right here in Meridia, Mississippi that does domestic steel. I mean they send it to Japan and China build a large bridges there. And I'm gonna take it up on myself to go by there today to talk to the offishes and see have they at any calls or any contact with Cincinnati. And I'm gonna try to and I may need you to help me to connect some dots on me once I break it open to him, because you know, I'm just a little peon down here. But I'm gonna go into the front office today and bring this up, yeah, and see if they interested in looking into it.
Speaker 1: Well, tell you what, James get a leg up on it good At WCPO dot com. That's where the article from this morning's reporting came from. Jay Shaker wrote it and the spokesperson is probably the one that needs to have the question answer for. It's Kathleen Fuller from the High Department of Transportation. She's the one that says, uh, the biggest hold up is finding enough steel to custom make new beams and girders. Now, that doesn't sound to me like it's a specific custom type of steel. It's just that there are apparently a lot of backlog on repairs of other places who are ordering steel because the hurricanes that went through. They say they expect the shipments to arrive now in mid January because of these delays. So it sounds like it's a multifaceted thing. But if you've got a company down there that's manufacturing steel and they're open for business and they can fill the order, I don't see why not, man, So give it a shot. But uh, yeah, you can find it. Just search search for the Dan Beard Bridge and O Dot and Kathleen fully You'll find a bunch of articles on it. But I'd love for you, I'd love I bet they would love for you to land the business for him. James will give you all the credit in the world for coming up with the idea.
Speaker 4: Now, is that is the name of it? The dan Beard. Yes, okay, and let's do your CTO dan Beard Daniel.
Speaker 1: It's actually the full name is Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, but if you just put Dan Beard Bridge in, uh, he's the guy that founded the Boy Scouts of America. So Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. But mac Bridge will probably find this enough articles on it as well. My friend, I hope you have a great day. Looking forward to seeing you get back in town and stay on there if you make any headway with that steel plant. They're scratching their head wondering why they didn't get a call. I'd like to know about that. Ah, take care Man six fifty five fifty five cares of Thetaxation. We got a little more time to talk before Christopher Smithman joins a program at seven twenty for the Smither event. I'll be right back your voice. Thank you for talking about Call your Country. It's refreshing for here every day. Fifty five krs the talk station this report. Yes, Kamala Harris's final job going to be certifying Trump's electoral College victory.
Speaker 13: Clay and Fuck today at noon on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven six fifty five kr CD Talk station Happy Monday. Brian's right here. Glad to be back to work in spite of the fact I really enjoyed my vacation time off, feel kind of recharged, which is a good thing. Looking forward to the It's Monday. I always looking forward to Monday. At seven twenty upcoming mister Smith Aman former vice mayor of the City of since Santa Christopher Smith with a smither event that's coming up in the next segment, Monday Monday with Brian James, Fast forward one hour. Why are people moving south? Companies are scaling back? DEI why I know more than sixty percent of your retirement should be in stocks. And finally, this Black Friday apparently broke sales records. So those are the topics with Brian James coming up in an hour. In the meantime, to the phones, I will go five on three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Jim, welcome to the program, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian, uh Mississippi. James doesn't really have anything to worry about. According to the local news, it's been on there several times over last week. They had a company company in Kentucky that's making these steal govers for them, mac Bridge that it's not the problem that we don't have the steel, it's just that it's not on the shelf sitting there.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, you know, it's actually it does have to be fabricated to specifications. And our collective friends. Drew Pappas former trustee anders the township, just sent me a Facebook message after James called and said, you know, actually turnaround time, which if you're talking about turnaround time between now and January for a special order fabricated piece of steel, that's probably not that bad. I don't know. My response to them was the same thing. I don't know anything about steel manufacturing or production. I don't know anything about supply chains, availability anything, so I'm I'm just reporting what I see read in the papers. And they keep talking about this being a delay. Well it's a big delay because we've got steel supply chain, steel availability issues. Of course, that allows one to draw a conclusion that those actually are problems. Maybe not, Maybe it's just the normal course of buying specific specified you know, two spec steel pieces. So probably a good point, Jim and I appreciate coming up and making and so appreciate it. Hearing from Drew on that one as well. Oh, I don't know if I can't get it all in today, because there's several different articles that all just point in the same direction for me and my absolute outright discussed over how we are just killing ourselves over alledged carbon output and climate change, and you have the whole thing, just several articles, and I don't have to dive into the specifics of any one of them. I can tell you where they came from. There's Edward ring Uh. Climate Action has California's energy economy on its knees headline while posturing for coastal progressives. Governor Newsom punishes Central Valley farmers and industry, and he points out all these ways that California is killing industry and business and bringing about much much higher prices, driving away companies and businesses, most notably in the area of patrollum clearly in pursuit of reaching this net zero carbon emissions by I guess twenty thirty five or twenty forty five. You got another separate article, Britain is killing its auto industry editorial board of the Wall Street Journal. Job losses from ev mandates are manny across Europe. You know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. And that's literally what's happening with this ridiculous forced feeding of electric vehicles down our throat. Stillanis shutting a plant in Looton, north of London, imperiling eleven hundred jobs. Stillanis also whereas their workers are having problems, Ford announced it was cutting back eight hundred and fifty three hundred jobs in Britain. Is part of the European restructuring of Ford's business model. Nissan doing the same thing. They point out the culprit the forced political march to electric vehicles. People aren't buying them, so all of these jobs, you know, people are pulling the plug on all these projects. And then turn to this as I have been over perhaps overly, and I will acknowledge perhaps some over optimism in connection with Eva Gramma swimming Elon Musk in this Doze department about cutting trillions of dollars out of the federal expenditure list. I'm all in favor of that. And one of the things that Donald Trump ran on as a candidate now president elect again, Donald Trump ending President's Biden's Inflation Reduction Act, i e. The Green New Deal that's cost us all trillions of dollars. And here you have it, Scott Patterson right into the Wall Street Journal headline, Trump vowed to kill Biden's climate laws. Republicans say not so fast, sub headline. Billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs are at stake in red states. And here you go. Taking me back to my comments about the F thirty five aircraft, which is stupid. Elon Musk made the point the other day that it's stupid. It's three billion or thirty five billion dollars a pop, and you can buy gazillions worth of unmanned drones that can equally, if not more, stealthily enter into any environment and accomplish the job of a thirty five billion dollar airplane. Two trillion dollars budgeted for that particular aircraft. Into the future, everybody's going in the opposite direction. They go mock one or one point five. That's one and a half times the speed of sound, and every supersonic hypersonic missile out there, like minimum goes five times to speed of sound, sometimes north of double digits, meaning if you can accurately pinpoint one of those on an F thirty five rocket, whatever it costs to make a hypersonic rocket, we'll knock down the thirty five billion dollar F thirty five aircraft. So that's just me just moving over to a point. Why would that program still be in existence? Well, his jobs insertain states depend upon it. Oh, you can't take away my project. That's my state. And that's exactly what this article points out. All these states are getting the massive infusions of taxpayer dollars and starting up projects on the backs of you. In fact, even the many oil and gas producing companies have joined on this bandwagon. They point out this guy, Representative Buddy Carter out of Georgia. He signed the letter along with eighteen Republican House Matters members sent to Mike Johnson Speaker asking him to well stick with the incentives for these clean energy products and the Inflation Reduction Act. Buddy Carter, sign the letter said that while he thought the IRA was a bad idea, he doesn't support the full repeal. We need to just look at it instead of taking a sledge hammer to it. We need to dissect it carefully to see what might be in there that's working anthetically. His home state, Georgia as the highest number of clean energy projects and jobs funded by the IRA, including a seven point six billion dollar Hundai Motor Group manufacturing complex to make yes electric vehicles in Buddy Carter's district. The powerful corn lobby also mentioned a peculiar topic I brought up with Congressman Massy when we were talking about him maybe becoming the ag secretary. He didn't, But when I pointed out, maybe he is the cultural secretary. You can just shut the whole thing down and at least get rid of the ethanol mandate. North Dakota one of the ARIA America's top producers of ethanol. Yeah, the corn based gasoline substitute. Question out loud, why wohen we have gazillions of untapped reserves of oil that could be pulled out the ground that we are currently pulling out of the ground, that could go to refineries and turn into gasoline. There is no shortage. This isn't peak oil time back in the seventies, where every ounce that comes out of the ground is all we've got left. Wrong, We've proven that to be a falsehood. So since we've got adequate oil reserves, and supplies, and how we're doing businesses with countries like oh, I don't know, Venezuela and others that don't share exactly our political ideology. Why would we be doing business with them instead of pulling it out of our own ground where it's done cheaper and cleaner. Don't know. But the idea of putting corn into your gas tank is born of this nonsense and it doesn't pull any carbon or the environment. The corn lobby makes a ton of money on making us on the mandate that we burn a certain amount of ethanol in our gas tanks for reasons that I don't quite understand, but because of regulations, that's what we're doing. And of course North Dakota they're one of the biggest producers of ethanol. Not really high on the whole idea of getting rid of the credits for the ethanol producers, the farmers that grow corn for us to put in our gas tanks for no reason whatsoever. And then there's all these carbon capture products, which is really just a way of taking your exhalation out and sticking it into the ground or something. North Dakota, this god is going to be one of the big winners of the Carbon Capture and Sequestration program. Congressmen Bergham's on this one. He said, the state has the capacity to store two hundred and fifty billion tons of carbon dioxide underground, and it'll be a boon for the state's coffers from the revenues. We can't take that away. We can't out loud point out the stupidity of taking plant food out of the atmosphere as small of a percentage as it is, because well, North Dakota is somehow going to suffer financially because they created whole cloth something called carbon capture in the name of taking a naturally occurring gas out of the atmosphere and turn it into a money making industry that makes money only because you, the American taxpayer, are footing the bill for it. You think Republicans that be stepping up to the challenge. No, it's time for that crap to go. Get off the government to teach or umbilical cord if you find that less offensive, but just get away from it. Nope, Nope, not when it comes to special interest in money making for states, this is where uh promises and delivery tend to run headlong. Five psych promising that you're never gonna parton your son, and then realizing, well, you know, I'm gonna partner my son seven sixteen fifty five KSY. The Fox stations, the we're heating and air conditioning. Wonderful folks. They will take terrific care of you, and they got a special going on. I think it's the heating system. I'm gonna have to get some clarity on this, but it's a twenty two hundred dollars tax credit, I'm sorry, savings twenty dollars savings off the carrier unit. And they make wonderful systems. Carrier does and that's why Zimmer carries them. They're an authorized carrier unit and twenty two hundred bucks on a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They do great work and they've been at this for more than three generations. Chris Simmer and the team at Zimmer will take fabulous care of you, including emergency situations. The leader in twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency service for your comfort needs, so commonently call Zimmer. You can easily do it online schedule apployment. There By you're simply going to go Zimmer dot com learn more about what they do, and also consider one of the maintenance programs. Those are fantastic things to be on and help extend the life of your system by staying ahead of problems and keeping it functioning at a high level comfort saving. It's what it's all about. Chris Zimmer can be reached at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, Sneak Talk Tuck.
Speaker 1: For Crease talking. Here's your nine first forty weather work cask clouds pretty much all day like this morning. Heavy later flour is possible twenty nine for the high down in eighteen overy night with some clowns. It would be partly Sunday tomorrow or up for thirty four down to twenty overnight with some clowns. Partly sunny Wednesday as well to high forty three. Right now, it's nineteen and typer traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: UC Health Weaight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced sergic O expertise. Caught five to one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three northbound fourth seventy one over a five minute delay down from Grand into town. Same for northbound seventy five out of Erlinger into the cut. They cleared the wreck on the ramp from south seventy one to fighter car fire on Kemper A ready chuck ing fram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is seven and a very happy Monday to you. Always made an extra special happy because could talked to the former vice mayor of the city since Sinnat, Christopher Smith. Amen get the Smither event. Welcome back, Christopher. It's great having you on my program. And I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I did, brother happy you know, Thanksgiving again to your family. And I've been listening and you know it was. It was a relaxing Thanksgiving. I tell you, there's so much to pick from this morning to talk about. I'm going to start with President Biden and him doing this part and of his son. It really underscores to me the level of corruption that has come from this White House. Anybody looking at this on its face would say, well, your dad doing a pardon of his son. Is a conflict of interest to do it, and to go back a decade and basically say, listen, you can't go after my son anything that he did, maybe with China, anything he did sitting on the board of one of these companies, as it relates to contracts, to the gun charges, to the laptop, it doesn't really matter. And this is why the everyday citizen Brian out there has all of these feelings about politics and the dardiness of it. Imagine what they'll say. And I don't know if this will happen. If President elect Trump on his first day says I'm going to parton all of the January sixth, people who are arrested, who are in jail, who are awaiting trial. I mean, what exactly will CNN and msnbcay, MSNBC say about that? And so that's the frustrating part for me on the way out. And it was something that clearly President Biden said he wasn't going to do. But if the elections had consequences, in his mind, he thought maybe he would win. He thought maybe Vice President Harris would win. They didn't win. Uh, Trump won, and he understood that on January twenty. If that Trump would not parton his son, so he had to do it in his mind to protect his son from criminal prosecution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't disagree at all with the summary in the way you put it. And uh, you know, I I pointed out early in the program. Listen, he said multiple occasions, Joe Biden came out of his mouth. He had his press secretary reiterate his statements he will not pardon his son period in his story. You know, he's thought, you know, uh, that's kind of a dumb thing to say out loud. If you really had in the back of your mind that you might do it, that some circumstance might show up that might push you in the need to need to pardon them category, wouldn't it have been better to say, you know, I'm gonna take a wait and see approach. I'm gonna let the wheels of justice spin out. I'm gonna see how things land and go. And you know, I believe in law and order, but I'm just not going to comment on it right now. So how people would have said, oh, he's definitely going to pardon his son, but so what you know, people didn't believe him when he said he was not going to pardon his son. Except for all the talking heads on CNN and elsewhere. Now they got to eat their words and don't go on the air now completely contradicting themselves and talking about how awesome it is and how appropriate it is for him to pardon Hunter Biden, because nobody would ever get prosecuted for what Hunter Biden did. No one would go to jail for falsifying an FFL form, no one would be prosecuted for not paying a million plus dollars in taxes. And that's just the ones that they still had him on because they slow walk the earlier investigation involving literally millions and millions of other dollars. No, nothing to see here. Yeah, well, now we get to bring it all back up and remind the American people of how hypocritical they are and how ridiculous this this thing is, and how much bloody favoritism there is as long as you are connected and well connected, like the Biden family is. Hold on, Christopher, I know I went out there and you got me cranked up. So let's pause, we'll bring you back, and I'll turn the floor back over to you for the spleen ben seven twenty six, Right, Now, if you have CARECD talk station or minind folks about affordable medical imaging because imaging does not have to cost you thousands of dollars. Talk about it all the time. How much money you can save by having an MRI, CT scan, echo cardiogram, ultra sound, lung screening, or cardiac scoring done at affordable imaging services where the overhead is low. It's low overhead, the equipment's the same, the experienced level of people operating it is the same as a hospital imaging department, and it's the demonstrably lower price. CT scan with a contrast is six hundred dollars. Okay, set you back five grand and you get a separate bill. You go to the hospital, you probably get a separate bill for the board certified radiologist. They have to have a report. Your doctor needs it, and it it's included. When you go to affordable imaging. Everyone's included has a board certified radiologist report. MRI with a contrast six forty five. You don't need a contrast, it's only four in a ninety five bucks. Echo cardiogram ford at a ninety five bucks and an Ultra sounds two fifty amazing difference call the hospital, ask them how much it's gonna cost you. You may get the run around, but you need to know what the price is going to be after insurance payment. And I bet it's going to be more out of your pocket with an insurance payment then the whole thing would cost you at Affordable Imaging Services, and that doesn't mean it won't be covered by insurance. Five on three seven, five three eight thousand. You have a choice, go where you want five one three seven five three eight thousand. Find them online where you can learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linder Center of Hope. Lindercenter of Hope dot org. His Brian Thomas with Carle Danos Carl from behind on a nineteen over night with since file its thirty four Tomorrow's high with partly sunny skys. She clouds over night twenty for a low partly sonny on Wednesday as well, I have forty three then it's nineteen right now. It's type for traffic from the UCT Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: UC Health Weight Boss Center offers comprehend of a B city care and advanced Sergico expertise called five one three nine nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 1: That's nine nine twenty.
Speaker 12: Two sixty three northbound seventy five and an extra ten minutes out of Erlin. You're into the cut and southbound seventy five now s flows past the Reagan Highway. Northbound four seventy One's a five minute delay from before Grand into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kre SEE Deep talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven fifty five ker CD talk station Right tell Us with Christopher Smithman doing the Christopher smither and Us is on your mind today? Christopher, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well, the Daniel pennycase out of New York with Prosecutor Braggs. I'm going to talk about it maybe with with with two different points. One, I think he's innocent. And when you think about people, and this is a case for the public listening where the military vet saved or protected people that were on a Subwaying on how you look at it, that's how I see it. The man got on the subway, said he was going to kill people, didn't care whether what happened to him, if he killed people, whatever his rhetoric was, it was clear that the people who testified in that trial said that they're felt like their lives were in danger. I think that Brags brought this case because the veteran was white and the victim was black. And see what we're bathing in in this country, in this identity politics, Brian, is that we can't even see the truth right in front of us because we're bathing in race. And so the reality of it is that you have these jurors who are going to make a decision probably this week. I hope they have the common sense to come to the conclusion that no security on these trains, the crime that's going crazy in New York and somebody getting on a subway saying they're going to kill people and someone taking action doesn't mean that they intentionally did anything. That's at the heart of it is did he intentionally mean to kill this person? And he didn't, And so this is all politically motivated by the prosecutor, and for me, it's just shameful. And I tell you, if they find him guilty, no one will intervene.
Speaker 11: Dah.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for that, no one will intervene. I was waiting to tell.
Speaker 2: You many people across the country will not intervene. So a lot of people are watching this and they're saying, you know, hey, you get into it. You know, you're out there shopping in one of the malls and somebody starts screaming, they're going to kill somebody, kill somebody. Hey, don't look for a lot of people to get involved. If they find this man guilty in New York.
Speaker 1: See, I think that is maybe a larger chunk of what they're trying to accomplish on this. Then the whole racial thing, that whole racial element may have allowed them to elevate this case to national attention where it would have been probably ignored if it was black on black or white on white. But the broader issue here, as for example, Second Amendment rights become more and more enshrined in even states where they would love to take those rights away from you. More and more people are going to be armed. And if you can't even defend your fellow human being, your fellow New york or with your bare hands from an attack, a violent attack, how often do you think people would actually raise their Second Amendment right and firearm to defend people from deadly, deadly violence or the threat of eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or death. People are I'm not using my gun, I'm gonna get prosecuted for that. And you know damn well that a lot of prosecutors out there would go ahead and do that. Oh, sure, you saved a life, but here we're going to break down and analyze every bit of minutia in this case, forcing you to have to lawyer up to the tune of I don't know what a lawyer's going to cost you in New York, probably five hundred plus dollars an hour to defend you. You can't afford that. You roll over and yet into a plea agreement, So they get their little prosecutorial feather in their cab and further reduces someone's potential to defend their fellow man from a violent attack.
Speaker 2: And then at the end of all of this, you know, this veteran who stepped in to save lives, what was he supposed to do? Wait until the guy started killing. Somebody says, I'm going to kill people, and it doesn't matter to me what happens to me after I kill people. So he intervenes what happens to his life after this trial? I didn't know who Daniel Penny was. But now you've got his face everywhere on every major newspaper calling him essentially a racist, saying that this is a guy who intervened in a way that he shouldn't have intervened. So he's going to have to put his life back together. What's going to be interesting to me is if he turns around and starts filing some lawsuits against people who put stuff out that just weren't wasn't true. So my frustration in these case to the public, wait until you hear the evidence. When I hear are diverse people grid you know, it wasn't just white people on that dog on train. There were black and white people on that train. And everybody who testified said I thought my life was in danger. I was scared. I was really worried. We appreciate this man coming to our age. And it didn't matter the gender, it didn't matter the race. It was about their life, and they were saying my life was in danger.
Speaker 1: See, and that therein lies the point everybody felt reasonably so that their life was in danger. That is the point in time at which the use of deadly force is legally justified. If some guy just looks at you sideways on the subway train. You can't pull a gun out or put them in a headlock and crack their neck or whatever happened. You can't do it. But if your life, you are fearing for your life, then that's when deadly force is possible. I can't believe this case is even seen the light of trial. Obviously we talked about politically motivated cases. What the ultimate reason behind it is leaves us to speculate, given the facts in the case and what you just spelled out for everyone. But it seems like a travesty of justice that this poor man's been drugged through the system along these lines, and hopefully justice will prevail. He'll walk out a free man, and everybody that got well, had their lives saved perhaps from him, can throw them a big party in celebration. Pauls will bring you right back, Chris, for I know we got a little bit more to talk about. It is seven thirty five right now, and speaking of your Second Amendment rights, I was at twenty two to three firearms ranging gunshop on Friday morning with my neighbor Beth, and my neighbor Beth wanted to buy a firearm for her awesome husband, good friends of ours, and see I can say this out loud, it's not a surprise. He knew she was going to get it, but she asked me out front, you know where can I get this particular gun? I said, hold on, let me make a quick call. So I got in touch with Wendy. About two days later. It was in the store waiting for her to pick it up. So we made a nice out there. She got herself a case of Ammo at ten percent off on top of the already competitive prices at twenty two three. I'm not sure if that special is still going on. It's sure worth or call out there, because boy, what a great deal on the nine millimeter Ammo she bought, and a great deal on the firearm itself. So nice purchase for her. She's going to have a happy husband at Christmas time. At least I know he's happy already. I'll watched him open it up to make sure she got the right one back in the box. It went so andy. Just stare at it underneath the tree and look forward to the day after Christmas. But beyond that huge selection of firearms, great indoor range membership options, the prices are always again very very competitive. So it's on route Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon Route forty two between Mason eleven. Find them online. You can learn all about the store and the folks that are there, who are truly wonderful. It's twenty two three. The number twenty two by the word followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's a neat.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty nine coming up on seven forty ifif you've got Ker City Talk Station. Brian Thomas Swift, former City of Cincinnati Vice Mayor. That is Christopher Smith with the Smith Event. Real quick, Christopher, even though I just got back from vacation, I just want to know you had a time. I'm off next Monday. Retired Colonel Bob Kattyre. And I know you've met Bob before. He's done some active shooter safety training classes and some wine care classes and just a really all round brilliant guy and an amazing military career he had. I'm going to shoot fifty caliber rifles with him out at Camp Atterbury in Indiana. Again. I had a wonderful time doing that. So I've got a book to do next Monday, so I'm going to be off work next Monday. Just a heads up. I want to let you know.
Speaker 4: Ahead of you got it. Thank you so much, so much. Brother.
Speaker 2: Let me let me share with you something that's controversial, which was the OSU game. I want everybody to know. I graduated from the Ohio State University and obviously you know people who are in the sports, like even myself, but I have family that are saw that game at the end and saw the fight break out here.
Speaker 1: Iched the whole thing. I thought about you multiple times during that game. First off, the fact that they lost the game ten and one, what was it six and five team or something like that, Michigan arch Rivals, and they still came in and beat Ive State. I was in a room with fans who are rabbid Ohio State football fans. Their bad bubble was burst, and then at the end of the game, that's when that flag posting ceremony tried to take place, resulting in this big brawl. I was screaming the television, going, what a bunch of children just behaving like absolute children, And he and my friend Andy was defending the the teardown of how dare they plant that flag? How dare they that sacred ground? And I'm going scratching my head, going, oh, come on. Anyway, that was my experience. I don't want to steal any of your thunder, but I watched the whole thing, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to say is I think we're at this place in our culture with these young people where they just simply don't understand the standard that the standard bears that they must be even in the midst of complete cast Let me make it clear what Michigan did to provoke wrong and most likely authorities that are over these football teams need to stop it, not allow what to happen. I don't know, but at the end of the day, right, these young men have to learn how to conduct themselves. If you look at coaches forty fifty years ago, they had control of these players, players would not be out there fighting, punching each other in the face. Ultimately, where people had to be made in order to break up what was happening.
Speaker 1: They were running by on the field coming awful life.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and so what I want to say what Michigan did, in my opinion, was wrong. It was evocative, But we have to discipline our young people to be able to handle that type of you know, that type of thing that's happening, so that their emotional behavior. They're not out there, No, they're not out there on national TV. Then you saw it happen at the NFL level. It did job it was it was then then it then just bled over into the other games. I'm just saying, we're better than this. It's a football game. It's entertainment at the end of the day, and we have to make sure that we are setting an example for the generation behind us. I mean, we've got football games all over all over our city where where you and I live, all over our county where you and I live. We don't want to see young people engaging in this behavior, even when they believe that something they've been harmed. Let your coach go sort it out, you know, let the let the the administrators on the sideline sort it out. Not you go out there and say I'm going to solve this myself by starting to punch players in the state. I just think we're getting into a place, Brian Thomas, in our society, man, where anything goes we can call each other anything. We can mock each other in any kind of way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, we've got to get to the point where we can control ourselves. That's my that's a person civility, And I want to end by just saying what former President Biden has done, right in my opinion, is shameful, and what it's going to do is going to open up. I don't want to hear anything from the left as an independent when President Trump takes office on January twentieth and starts sending out the partons that he probably will send out Brian Thomas, because I see CNN and MSNBC saluting this behavior, I'm saying this was a bad look from the White House. There have been a lot of bad looks, but this was another bad look.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I agree with you completely. And the predicate for part of it was him, but Joe President Biden saying this was unfair treatment, that nobody else would have been drugged through the dirt like this, and if it wasn't his son, that they would have been given a pass. He would have been given time to make good on his tax payments, and he could have unrung the bell of the form or whatever, and wouldn't have faced prosecution or in prison time. And I'm gonna say, well, okay, move away from that subject matter and look at the January sixth protesters. Now, if you go in and you beat someone over the head with a flagpole, that's a battery. You deserve to maybe go to jail for something like that. But just walking into the Capitol building because you were invited by members of law enforcement who apparently didn't think it was that big of a deal and strolled around and looked around and didn't do anything that you would be prosecuted and ended up in jail. Oh, come on, that is not gonna happen really under any other circumstance except for the involvement of Donald Trump supporters and this idea of overturning the election. Those folks have been ill treated and mistreated in their Some people riding away in jail who would never be there under any other comparable circumstances. Go ahead, see all of the property destruction and violence from the anti file folks and the folks who took over buildings and burned them to the ground, who through molotov cocktails and frozen water bottles, a member of law enforcement who destroyed police cars. You know, don't know that any umfaced prosecution. You certainly didn't read about it much. But wow, you walk around the Capitol Building on January firsta and you are a hardcore fellon who needs to be locked up for as long as possible.
Speaker 2: And I want to say, if you talk to African American voters, right, and they would tell you over the last thirty forty years, there's a sense that there were people who were over prosecuted for things like low amounts of marijuana in California, who spent four or five ten years of their life for very small out of marijuana. As an example, they wake up this morning seeing the President of the United States, the Democrat, right, who many of them probably voted for, saying I'm going to partner my son for things he actually did and I'm not even going to let him be prosecuted, and I'm going to do it over a ten year window of time. I'm saying, what do you think Biden is doing? You think Biden is looking at these on the margin cases that probably he should really extend some pardons to people that are not his family members who probably were over prosecuted. And by the way, what really set this election on fire in many parts of the African American community was they were saying, look at what they're doing to former President Trump with this lawgate stuff, this over prosecution. I'm going to take your property in New York. I'm going to put you in jail. Whatever the Lawgate cases were, there were a lot of African American voters that said, if that could happen to Trump, it could happen to me. Well guess what it was happening to some of them. And Biden won't even look at those cases. My friend, my brother Brian Thomas, the only case that he's concerned about is his son and his son who has broken the law for at least the last decade and most likely doing the bidding of his father.
Speaker 1: Amen exclamation point bold, all caps. Christopher Smithman with the Smith Vent every Monday here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Again. I won't be around next Monday, Christopher, but I know I'm looking forward to talking with you, whether we do it the following day or whenever we get together again. You're always a blessing to have on my program, and God bless you. Sir and your family. We'll talk again real.
Speaker 4: Soon, Okay.
Speaker 1: Right at vote Smithman on former X or former Twitter some forty eight, right now at five kerc DE talk station. Well, how about a better feeling in twenty twenty five, it's almost upon us. How about getting rid of the joint pain once and for all? Can you see kinetics patients are able to walk up, walk up and downstairs down, get up with that struggling when they formally had problems with that. That's right, knee pain, hip pain, shoulder pain. You've been going through that. You got to say goodbye to it. Try a different way, because right there your surgeon is standing there with a knife saying surgery time. Well, you got another option. That's QC kinetics. Medical professionals waiting to talk to you about treatments in the office with no downtown events. Protocols in regenerative medicine have helped tens of thousands of people, apparently with lasting relief. So imagine a new year without the achy joints. Q SE kinetics healing properties of your own body, and they place them in the root cause of your pain, right there where the pain is revalutizing your joints so you can move again. It's future of medicine. So you've been told surgery is your only option or you have to stick stuck with pain pills, and there's another way. And it's a free consultation. Find out if this may work for you. Call to schedule the appointment. It's five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero.
Speaker 11: One nine fifty five. I have KRC.
Speaker 1: You're about it.
Speaker 2: Understand the ignorant pick on the campuses.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 7: They're just getting away with all this rather than know in fact.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC eight O five. On Monday, if you buy a pair CD talk station means one thing for certain, it is time for money Monday with Brian Jeans Brian Smallworth financially financial Planners. That's why we talked to him about money matters. Welcome back, Brian James, like, I hope you had even a fraction of as great of a Thanksgiving as I had. My friend.
Speaker 13: I enjoyed this weekend so much right up until Ohio State and then yesterday was not exactly a winner.
Speaker 1: Here we are right we're still here. We're a week and we survived. So I presume from that stated that you are an Ohio State University fan.
Speaker 13: I'll say it doesn't ruin my weekend when they lose. I'm not that rabbit about it, but it does. Being from Cincinnati, you just kind of tend to get sucked into all of the whatever you can grab onto that may have a shot of winning something.
Speaker 1: And yet again here we are well and it was the prison zumed outcome it. Ohigo State was going to walk away with that when having a ten and one record, and obviously that didn't happen. I was in a room with two of the most rabid Ohio State football fans you could ever find on the planet, so it was a rather interesting afternoon for us. Anyhow. Well, though, everybody.
Speaker 13: Should remember there is a school fighting for a championship with the name Ohio in it. The fighting Ohio Bobcats go against Miami here next weekend. So you Ohio State fans, if you feel like you're out of it, grab a green Ohio for a little bit.
Speaker 1: And my daughter has two degrees from the Ohio State University, so it doesn't mean a whit's worth of anything to me at all. And you're not gonna buy what I just said. No, no, I'm not going to buy what you just said. Doesn't matter anyhow, real quick here, I just mentioned it going to the break, And I'm not sure. You're obviously a financial planner, but I don't know how closely you follow futures markets. Apparently, if you were invested in the futures markets with coffee, coffee prices are up seventy percent so far this year. Apparently they're global problems with dry conditions and crop yield and all that. But when I think about coffee, you know, you think about what I consider an absolute waste of money, spending five six seven dollars for a cup of coffee the Starbucks. Can you imagine it going up seventy percent? I mean, is that even possible?
Speaker 13: You know, it'll be interesting to see it. And it's been, like you said, it's been up that way all year long. And every time I drive by my local neighborhood Starbucks, the line is out the door. It's not the most intelligently organized parking lot, so the cars extend almost out on the Cincinnati Dayton Road. But yeah, so I think Starbucks for whatever reason, has a hold on society in a way that not a lot of companies do, where people just say, Okay, I guess that's what it's costs, and I have to have it, so therefore we're going to wait in this line and pay a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I still go back to the fact that I can basically brew like thirty five pots of coffee for about thirteen dollars worth of dark roasted coffee from Starbucks. Make it at home. It tastes great anyway. Moving over to migration trends, the top states people are moving to are Southern states, and immediately bursting the bubble of why I guess people would be moving to Southern states, very tiny percentage one percent say they're moving there because of the weather. I walked outside today, you know, walking into eighteen degree blast the cold there, and I come in and I see that as your number one topic today is well, of course they're moving to Southern states. Who what's the deal with this crap? Nope, that's not it so yet, not for the reasons we're used to it.
Speaker 13: And I think the thing the interesting part about this article is normally when we talk about this stuff, it's usually under the guise of where are people retiring to? Well, this article is a little bit different. This is just talking people in general, where are they moving to? So this comes from the National Association of Realtors twenty twenty four Migration Trends report. Only one percent of people who moved cited climate related reasons for the relocation. The biggest reason, Brian was a forty two percent said housing related reason. Yeah, twenty six percent said they're going to be closer to family. Only about sixteen percent said they're moving for job opportunities. So many many different reasons here, and some of these I got to look at that. Remember this this survey covered everybody who moved. So those who moved to be closer to family, my guess is going to be someone younger in their family already moved to these states because he's also happened to be where the growth is happening. And so older folks followed the people who moved for job reasons.
Speaker 1: Which seems like a retirement related trend. And we have dear friends who've done exactly that. You know, they're retired and then their sons or daughters end up employed in Colorado or wherever, and they're like, well, we're moving want to be closer to the grand should want to be closer to the children. Understand all day long about that. But housing and housing is so damn expensive. We know there's a housing shortage. It just seems to me and I pray for the people in West Virginia all the time on a theoretical level, just because you know, West Virginia is never on the top ten in anything except for bad economic outcomes and numbers. But wow, if you're looking for housing affordability, I mean, that seems to be one of the states to go to. But their net out migration is four thousand people during this survey part, so they're losing more people than gaining them. They are, but that's.
Speaker 13: Where you know, think about the basic principles of economics, supply and demand. People are demanding houses, and you want to cheap house with them. That's an area you might look. Now that's going to come along with some struggles and some frustrations as some of the amenities you might be looking for aren't going to exist there because that's what drives demand for housing in specific areas. But there is there are reasons to move to those places and that's one of them.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, fair enough. Now we're moving over to something that's kind of quickly going the way to the dough though it's been around for a while, but a lot of major companies are getting rid of their diversity equity inclusion departments. And I know, at least my personal standpoint, you have a fiduciary obligation as a financial planner to your clients to maximize the return on the money you are and have invested for them. And moving to woke investing, investing that looks more at the company's diversity policies. Equity and inclusion policies is not a recipe for sound financial planning, and more and more investors are moving away from that because they do view it as a breach of their fiduciary obligations. But the idea of even having a diversity equity inclusion department and the problems that brings abound within these companies isn't a great business model, so they're moving away from it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So the headline here is a lot of big companies are swinging back from the focus they've taken on these DEI, which stands for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, and a lot of this is coming from conservative.
Speaker 1: Groups, state legislatures, just political pressure. So here's some examples. Walmart announced that they're no longer going.
Speaker 13: To be participating in the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index. They've also discontinued selling LGBTQ related items on their website as well as they've stopped a lot of the racial equity training, and they've limited the term latin X from from their their their glossary there. Molsen cores similar similar decisions. Ford Motor Company h has removed hiring quotas, Harley Davidson, and Low's all these companies have actually made active decisions in very at very recent times here to reduce the exposure they've got to these initiatives. Now, per what you just said, Yeah, I very much agree that the you know, it can be important to investors. And I have clients for whom DEI is important. It's just their beliefs and we can we can handle that in certain ways. I also have clients who have the opposite belief and and feel that there should be you know, restrictions among companies on some other things.
Speaker 1: We can invest that way too.
Speaker 13: However, none of it has anything to do with a decision you would make or your success in in retiring, because you're simply adding a layer. All that matters when you're when you're trying to retire really is mass and it's profitability. You're adding a layer that does not impact profitability in a positive way.
Speaker 1: No matter what you do.
Speaker 13: If you're going to add some kind of political beliefs to the overall managery for portfolio, you are not helping yourself retire, not necessarily hurting, but it's not going to put you in a better position. I think a lot of people feel like if I have a certain type of portfolio that eliminates this, it will perform better because those are bad things. That's not the case, right, because the profitability comes from much different things than that.
Speaker 1: Well. Be like, if you want, as a matter of morality, you can take your money out of Raytheon or any one of the other military industrial complex companies which seem to be doing pretty well right now and given the world, or you can say I don't want to participate in climate change, so I'm not going to invest in refining companies or oil companies, although if you had, you might find that those provide an even better return than something else. So I understand making it as a personal choice, but it will have an impact on your overall earnings over the years period. End of story. So you're entitled to do that.
Speaker 13: They're spending money on these programs, and this both emboldens my faith and the overall stock market and increases my or reinforces my cynisis in the world as a whole. Because here's what's happening. Think of how quickly this headline came up on the headline or on the on the tail of the presidential election. Here, we've just had a massive political swing and pretty much notibate about it. The US has swung more conservative and uh, and that that comes with a lot of thought processes that would eliminate these types of programs. We are eliminating things that swung into effect during the Obama administration. So you got to think, why are companies doing this. Are they doing this because they think it's good for society or they think it's good for profitability or whatever.
Speaker 1: The answer is all profitability.
Speaker 13: But every single time that the prevailing wins right now are conservative, that means get rid of our DEI programs. And I'm rest assured if ten ten years from now it swings back the other way, they're going to come roaring right back.
Speaker 1: Yes, they will, no doubt about that. They always roll with the punches, whatever punches they're dealt with, and they do as best they can to make money under any environment, and that's the way it should be. I guess I just wonder, you know, I'm looking at the history and what happened to bud Light and how that had totally blown them out of the water in terms of people's enjoyment of bud Light as a beverage because of that Dylan mulvainy thing. Jaguar didn't obviously learn a lesson from that one. With the most recent ad campaign featuring a whole bunch of people and no product. It was all woke sort of people in crazy colored clothes and gender neutral and all this, and the backlash was amazing, sort of Dylan mulvaney bud Light esque. But the funniest part about it is they didn't even feature any of their cars.
Speaker 13: It's funny you mentioned bud Light because with one of the companies in the list we just highlighted before that cited in this article is Mulsen Core.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Now that sounds like two relatively smaller brands of beer. But remember that's also Miller Lite. So Miller Lte learned a lot more from the bud Light debacle than bud Light did it. I would say they were able to quietly say, huh, look what happened to those guys, Well, let's go nowhere near that, and they never got dragged in the headlines.
Speaker 1: See that's a sound business decision. We'll bring Brian James back more with Money Monday, we're to talk about your appropriate allocations in your retirement plan and Black Friday apparently breaking some sales records. Will there be any more brick and mortar stores down the road. Let's just excuse me. This is money money. Let me mention Foreign Exchange because, as I always like to mention, the bottom line is your bottom line at Foreign Exchange the Westchester locations where I recommend it. Take your traditional manufactured imported car or Now, congratulations for all those guys at Foreign Exchange getting certified to fix Teslas. So you Tesla owners down there have an opportunity to save some money when you're having your automobile repaired. Foreign Exchange full warranty on parts and service ase certified master technicians working on your car, and less money to have it fixed compared to the dealer. It's always the case. I have learned over the years how much money I have saved at Foreign Exchange, which I love recommending them to you. They will treat you great. Austin has an amazing team at Foreign Exchange. Think about getting your car service for winter. Have the battery check to have the fluid levels taken care of. Get ahead of the you're gonna face when you're in a sub zero condition like oh, eighteen degrees in a parking lot when you wake up in the morning. You don't want a situation where your car doesn't function. Get ahead of it. Have it checked out at Foreign Exchange. So better than the dealer because you save a heapload of money. Again, the full warranty on parts and service foreign X. That's foreign the letter X dot com. Tylersville exit off of seventy five. Go east Tylersville East off seventy five, two streets hanging right on Kinglin. You are at the Westchester location, and that is where my wife and I take our cars. Head on over there. Tell them, Brian said, HOHI whan you do fifty five car the talk station? Should I have eight twenty one fifty five PARACD talk station. Brian Thomas with all Worth Financials, Brian Change doing money Monday. Hey, Brian, seems to me we talk about this think during our last conversation about your allocations and your retirement plan, and this Baron's article suggests you should have no more than sixty percent of your retirement money in stocks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is another case of read the article as well as the headline. But the headline is why no more than sixty percent of your retirement money belongs in stocks?
Speaker 1: Now, First off, this was.
Speaker 13: Written by a gentleman named Mark Hulbert, who is a he's a financial analyst. I've seen him before. He is in his late fifties himself, so he has sneaking up on. It's not that great of a sacrifice for him to say that to make this commitment. So, but his argument is that no one's sixty percent should be invested in stocks, and he's comparing it to what he calls the glide pass strategy, which is what a lot of people do. When I'm the younger, I am, the more aggressive I am and then slowly making that more conservative over time. His assessment is that his analysis shows that a constant sixty forty stock bond allocation often outperforms the glide pass strategy over a forty year period. Now, that doesn't match anything I've ever read in my thirty years in this industry. So when you read further into this article, if your eyes haven't glazed over yet, what you see is that he's using data going all the way back to seventeen ninety three.
Speaker 1: Holy So, which is interesting. I've not seen this study like this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 13: Most of the time we talk about market history, we're usually looking at data, and you'll see references in the vineprint that it talks about nineteen twenty six forward, because that's about as far back as you can go and have something that kind of sorder resembles the S and P five hundred with enough stocks.
Speaker 1: In it, and also in a time you know prior to that era, and you know, obviously this takes us up to the Nixon administration, but back in an era when money actually was tied to a commodity like gold or silver. And it seems to me, not having any experience in all this, that change in the theat currency might also have had some sort of market impact over the years, so the parallels maybe not exactly the same.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, and you just clued into why I'm kind of discounting this entire article because he's pulling stuff out of history when the environment was simply different. I think the biggest point of this, Brian is the large period of time he's looking at includes all of the nineteenth century, the eighteen hundreds, where bonds were the way that investors and businesses got.
Speaker 1: Access to capital. It wasn't by stocks.
Speaker 13: Stocks were considered speculative and too risky.
Speaker 1: Excuse me. Bonds were the way to do it.
Speaker 13: If you gave stocks away, if you sold stocks, you gave up equity in your company. Now we solved that in the twentieth century by creating share class upon share class. Upon share class, you had a shares, B shares, C shares, preferred shares. You didn't have to give up your voting rights to sell those shares. Nowadays, and it's become clear that you can make a lot more money by creating an enormous amount of hype around a startup company, getting the stock to bounce early on, and then flipping it within the first few years of existence of the company, versus selling thirty year bonds.
Speaker 1: So I'm not buying this article out. I'm with you on that, and that to me, see that to me illustrates more than anything that this is. It's not connected with reality. You know, memes stocks can make people millions of dollars and the companies aren't worth Jack Squad. We aren't looking at pe ratios anymore. We're just looking at like sort of flavor of the moment where you jump in, take advantage, and jump out. Now, that's the way it works. I'm not saying it's illegal to do it, but you got to remember what you're doing does not bear any connection with the reality of the company that you're at least temporarily investing in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and if you're going to look at an article like this and decide that this is for you, because you know, some people will be attracted to this notion because hey, it sounds more conservative than stock market and some people are just suspicious till the end of time about stocks, And that's understandable because it has been crazy. But the other thing you have to remember is that in the nineteenth century, we had we had speculative booms.
Speaker 1: That's not a new phenomenon.
Speaker 13: We had speculative booms and things like tulips in the Netherlands as well as.
Speaker 1: You know, the the original Dutch East India Company.
Speaker 13: All those boring things we learned about in grade school that come up for me fairly often because you know, just reminding clients that none of the crazy we're going through is new. It just seems new because things are just a lot louder with social media and all those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and real time reported with social media too. So actually, a market like a meme stock market couldn't necessarily exis functionally in the old days. You need that quick there. It is all the hype that pops up on social media literally everywhere, and then the bubble gets burst and people move on and take their losses or their winnings as the case may be. But anyhow, I appreciate your thoughtful analysis on that one, Brian. We'really looking forward to our next conversation about Black Friday, which isn't anymore one more with Monday Monday's Brian, James, don't go away. I'll be right back. The most memorable toy I got for Christmas skateboard, the easy bake oven.
Speaker 9: I got a radio one year and I would listen to it all the time.
Speaker 1: Radio the toy that tells the story. It was like my friend, Yes fifty five the talk station, The simply Money minute is. Here's your weather forecast from Channel nine. Partly cloudy and mostly cloudy, a day with some flurries possible. Today's HGH twenty nine down to nineteen over ninety, some clouds thirty four. Tomorrow's high partly sunny, a few clouds every night down to twenty partly sunny again on Wednesday to high forty three nineteen degrees. Right now chuck Ingram traffic time from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: You see howth weight while center office comprehensive ob city care and advanced searching call expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Broken down West Spend two seventy five after loved one has a smart lane and the right shoulder blocked off. Three lanes available down the middle Stop Bend seventy five continues slow out of Evndale through Block One's the same for North found seventy five into the cut from Buttermilk Chuck Ingramont fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station A twenty nine I fifty bot KRCD talk Station, Happy Monday, Brian James, Monday Monday on the program right now, moving over to Black Friday, Brian James. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas season. Christmas season in the Thomas household, and I know people feel differently about this, and quite often strongly. We put the tree up after Thanksgiving. Should have put it up yesterday. It was a traditional day, but neither of us felt like it. So it's gonna happen to it. But that's when the Christmas season for us kicks in. And the Christmas season, of course also involves holiday gift buying. And you know it used to be going to the mall and getting all geared up, and yes, the day after Thanksgiving was the day it all kicked in. Black Friday. The malls will be packed, people be fighting, There'll be stories in the paper about it. And then along came online sales and Black Friday sort of has become this online phenomena. But it's also lasts longer than just one day. How Black Friday deals kicked in more than a week ago. So this black is this Black Friday now going to become the season, a Black Friday season extending backwards and forwards for longer periods of time before we get to the actual numbers that came in. Yeah, so I think you're right.
Speaker 13: But Black Friday, it doesn't happen on Friday anymore. And that's almost not even the centerpiece. It's just just kind of the label of a general, fuzzy period of time that we buy a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: So but still as always as it.
Speaker 13: Happens every year, as long as the economy is doing Okay, we talk about how this year's sales are going to be record breaking, we're going to see more than we've ever seen before, and that's the headlines now. So but I looked, Brian, I remember, you know, fifteen twenty years ago, which is about how old my kids are. I remember when they were younger, there was always a toy. There was tickle Me Elmo, there was the Tamagatchi, and there was all there was all these other things. There was one big thing everybody had. Half that doesn't seem to happen anymore because there's just so much stuff out there. I just did a quick search for the most popular twenty twenty four Black Friday deals, and it's all stuff that's been out forever. It's Apple, AirPods, dice and vacuum cleaners, UHD, TVs, things like that.
Speaker 1: It's nothing new, hum but nothing to really dry, anything but crap. And people don't want to buy figurines that remind them of crappy movies that they watched. Anyway, sorry he had to interject that point, But you know, but online sales have what has gone up rather dramatically, and one would expect that it's easy to purchase online. All the sales are right there. It's easy to get people to engage in impulse buying. Most notably, if the extra fifteen bucks is going to get your free shipping to your house, you go ahead and add one more thing to your Amazon basket to get just that. I participated. We've got a substantial discount and a couple of replacement no stick skillets we needed, and a three pack of bubble lights which I got for a couple of dollars off delivered to my front door. So I understand the ease of it. But I think that's one of the reasons why online sales are so successful, because Yeah, you can go right there, you can see the discount, you can compare to what you were going to pay, but also that impulse buy probably results in a whole lot more money being spent than otherwise would have.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and Christmas season for me, for my family now consists of let's put the tree up at some point, and then let's put on Christmas Vacation or Christmas Story or whatever, and we'll all sit there and watch it. My wife and I are buying stuff online on our phones, and the kids have no idea, so we're not going anywhere near the stores or anything like that. It's the convenience of it and the fact that you can save just as much money by doing it online.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 13: I think another thing that's happening here, Brian, is for the advent of social media. That's allowing advertisers and businesses to get access to sellers so much more quickly and so much more frequently that they can extend past Black They don't have to wait for Black Friday to make a big splash. Amazon Prime has their own Day, Walmart has Walmart Deals that happens in July. Individual companies can go chase a campaign and get away from the noise that.
Speaker 1: Is Black Friday.
Speaker 13: But we're still putting up records because we are still a very spendee society and I do not see that changing.
Speaker 1: You know, It's strange you mentioned the separate you know, Walmart deal Day and all that. It tends to illustrate at least I hope it does, because it does for me all the time that they're still making a profit. I would argue, for the most part, even though it's fifteen percent off or twenty percent off, they're just taking away their margin a little bit. So throughout the year, if you're not buying it on sale, you just got to point out to yourself that, well, I am literally paying at least twenty percent more or than if I just waited around for one of these deal days to show up, So why not wait? Exactly?
Speaker 13: Can Can you imagine Brian walking into Cohle's without a coupon, and heaven forbid, nobody pays regular price there. That's Coal's flavor of it. They've always got double digit coupons out there, and then there's never not some kind of clearance going on.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. And then finally when what we do Black Friday, which really isn't as I just tointed it out, but Cyber Monday is that is that today?
Speaker 13: That is today, Cyber Monday, Small Business Saturday a couple days ago.
Speaker 1: Today is Cyber Monday, which is really no different.
Speaker 13: If you're an online Black Friday shopper, then there's really no difference betwet Cyber Monday, Black Friday. But some good deals out there to be had. I'm gonna pull the trigger on some Christmas gifts today.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good luck online shopping, and of course, mind your financial plan when doing so, Brian, I wouldn't want you to get yourself into a problem financially because you feel obligated to go out and buy more gifts than you can actually pay for. I feel like I've heard that somewhere before. I may have you may have mentioned that to somebody over your thirty years career as a financial planner, Brian, looking for I won't be around next Monday, as I mentioned earlier, I'm off to Fort Adderbury again with my good friend, retired Lieutenant Colonel Bob Kattire to hit fifty caliber rifles on the long distance range. So we will talk in two weeks and between now and then, best to health you and everybody at all worth financial. Thanks for being on the program. You too, Happy holidays. Thanks brother eight thirty five ifty five KR. See the talk stations stick around. We got more to talk about and I'd love to hear from you. If you've got a comment you want to make, feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or hit pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's the talk station. If you're having a decent Monday, always learned something with Brian James. Monday, Monday tomorrow. Of course it's Tuesday, meaning we're gonna have the bright part inside Scoop at Ato five, follow by the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Whor'se The situation Ukraine not looking good and I'm gonna call me earlier to say Rush is having some real terrific financial problems, probably in part at having to fund a war in Ukraine, but also because of the ruble. Now I'm going to have to look into that one, because I didn't hear anything specific, and gosh darn it, I should ask Brian James all about that anyhow, I don't know if you think it's a good idea or not. I was thinking, you know, it sounds like a good idea, and you know, most people aren't really like lovers of the pharmaceutical industry generally speaking. Obviously very profitable, but a life saving industry. I mean, I can't mock what they do. Of course, I do have a copy of the Pfiser papers now, after interviewing the editor last a couple of weeks ago, and so my copy it is a very large hard copy, almost looks like a coffee table book. But you can get that interview and get yourself a copy of the book from the Pfiser Papers. It obviously is going to put a stoke a lot of anger in you, knowing what they know now, what they've revealed to the general public as a consequence of litigation and Freedom of Information Act request. You got the document from inside these pharmaceutical companies who created the COVID nineteen vaccine, knowing full well, based upon their own internal studies, that it was not this wonderful, you know, silver bullet for our problems, and in fact problems still exists today with young people having serious and significant health risks or health problems, most notably women dealing with menstrual strikeles and their fertility rates dropping. It goes on, so as a recommended read for you on that one. So with that sort of background and point being made, I had a lot of people are very excited about RFK Junior, Robert F. Kennedy Kennedy Junior heading up the Department of Health and Human Services, And there are some things I don't agree with about Robert F. Kennedy Junior, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he does. I'm gonna be fascinated to see what he does or tries to do in the face of the overwhelming financeanial and lobbying pressure the pharmaceutical industry is going to bring to bear about anything he's planning on doing too. I guess in his mind correct the situation. But being the profound defender of the First Amendment that I am, as well as other things constitutional and are God given rights and freedoms, one of the things they're thinking he is going to do is attempting to ban direct to consumer drug advertising. These are the commercials that we all suffer through as we're watching television during the week, if you are so inclined to do that, and comically include things like don't take filling the blank drug if you're allergic to fill in the blank drug, Like, how in the hell would you even know that? You know, lawyers obviously got involved with that one, but whatever. But the reason we have so much demand on the pharmaceutical industry is simply because they're marketing the pharmaceuticals directly to us. Most of us, me included, aren't doctors, don't play them on TV, don't understand about drug interactions, and maybe gloss over when they start telling you about the risk of potential downsides like oh, you could die, or you know, incidents of liver cancer increase, and all those different things they tell you that are potential problems associated with it, most notably potential problems that you and I weren't told about with the emergency use authorization of the COVID vaccine, sort of bringing things full circle on my criticism on that one. But how do you feel, generally speaking about the idea of our government banning the marketing of pharmaceuticals. Now, some may argue, well, they're heavily regulated industry, check lots of rules. Of course, cost billions of dollars to bring a drug to market if it goes through the proper process, unlike the COVID nineteen vaccine, but forever up until just recently, and I don't know if there was a legal challenge to it, or if they just decided that the revenue dollars were worth it. And why did we not allow alcohol advertising on television? Typically never happened ever ever, and could have been a gentleman's agreement among the industry to keep from being regulated. I don't know. They obviously have banned cigarettes from being advertised on television billboards and things of that nature, and that's gone on for years and years. I know that that had to have been challenged by litigation. So at some point, your constitutional rights do have a limit, and the state's interests must be narrowly or the laws addressing whatever interest the state has must be as narrowly tailored as possible to achieve the compelling state interest. That's the legal standard. The interest has to be compelling, and telling people that cigarettes are going to kill you and then, knowing full well based on the nineteen sixty four Surgeon General's report and every other report that's been done on the effects of cigarettes smoking on you, they have a compelling state interest to perhaps limit your freedoms as a tobacco manufacturing company to advertise on television that I'm going to guess has been litigated. But you can't turn on the TV now anymore without seeing a tequila commercial or what have you. But can you imagine the pharmaceutical industry's reaction if they were told they weren't allowed to advertise their product now. Unlike tobacco, which has no merit other than being a nicotine delivery system that comes with all kinds of additional problems associated with it, which you can overcome, I suppose by vaping, probably carrying its own separate concerns, but at least you're not getting the burned tobacco product and the carcinogenic part of things that come in with burning cigarettes. But pharmaceuticals, by way of contrast, are there to help solve a problem. So if you've got fill in the blank medical condition, yes there are risks, and they have to point them out to you with taking the pharmaceutical, but there also could be some found benefits. So could you outrighte ban pharmaceutical direct pharmaceutical advertising to the general public when it's really unlike in so many ways cigarettes, there are benefits. They can make the argument that no people need to know about this. Physicians don't always know that this drug is on the market for this condition. A certain number of people have this condition that we found out there are research in ten years of clinical studies that this actually helps people who have this condition. And do you want to be deprived of the opportunity to hear about these new products that come out of the market. I kind of sit on the fence on this, one of my first Amendment predicates and leanings. Tend to want to defend the pharmaceutical companies as many problems as they have with them. So fuel for thought. It's just fuel for thought because you know, it's easy to say something and easy for everybody to go yeah yeah. But the broader implications, I don't know, they can be profound. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred eight hundred DA two three talk time FAY fifty on at and T fence got one more segment to talk. You've got a comment, I'd love to hear from you. I'll be right back fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 11: Shopping should feel natural.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's your final look at the weather this morning. Yeah, that cold out there telling you something you alread knew high a twenty nine to day, maybe some florries later today. It would be gradually more cloudy overnight, a few clowns in nineteen for the low partly sunny day tomorrow, thirty four overnight twenty and a partly sunny Wednesday with a high forty three closing out of twenty degrees. Right now, time for final traffic check from the UCL Tramphic Center.
Speaker 12: You see Healthwaight Boss center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Westbound two seventy five is clearing down from Wren's Corner towards move Mond after an earlier broken down had the smartlane blocks save bend, seventy fine continues to run an extra ten minutes out of Evendale to the lateral northbound seventy five delay times, dropping from Buttermilk to Kyle's Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 1: Fifty five kr S the talk station. Hey forty nine, Here I fifty five KRCD talk Station, Happy Monday. Of course, Christopher Smith was on earlier with the Smith Event. Always loved having that man on the program, and of course Monday Monday. You can find the podcast of those conversations at fifty five cars dot com. You can also call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. I've got Evelyn on the line. Evelyn, thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Monday to you. Thanks.
Speaker 7: Brian, Well, this is a great topic about medicine being advertised. Being eighty three years old, I've seen a number of rather horrible uh situations where medicine basically armed person. And it's sometimes because doctors don't do a deep analysis of what's really wrong. And with these ads, you make your own diagnosis and suggest it to the doctor who doesn't take much time to do his own diagnosis and try it. It's it's really you know, it's borderline.
Speaker 1: Malpractice. The word you're looking for medicine. Yeah, yeah, Well, with so much research we have available to us these days on the Internet and elsewhere. There are reliable sources, and there are unreliable sources, and maybe the pharmaceutical company itself is not a reliable source. I like the idea of having the information. Now if I had a particular condition, you know, I could go out into the world and search. I wouldn't need to have a commercial in front of my face from Pfizer or anybody else telling me that this drug is available for your condition, because I'd like to think I'm going to be a little bit more proactive about my own health. If my doctor tells me or got a condition, probably is going to prescribe a pharmaceutical product. Usually that's the case, even though I've never heard or seen about it on television. Doesn't have to be there. I don't have any objection to the commercial in my face. What I have a problem with is that sort of follow up point you made. Is my doctor even familiar with it? And if the doctor's not familiar with it and it's there to treat my condition at least that's what it says it is, then is my doctor going to do be a diagnostician? That's kind of what pharmacy pharmacies are supposed to be doing. Will there be drug interactions? You know, what are the risks associated with taking everything else you are taking. Somebody's got to have a whole litany of all the pharmaceuticals you were on in order to do that kind of analysis and then move us to one step aside. I don't know how far of a deep dive the pharmaceutical companies have to go through in comparing whether or not their drug, the new one they're advertising, has an interaction with any other class of drugs out there. I think that's part of the clinical trial research. They find out people who have reactions and find out what they're on. Are they connected. I don't know all that's supposed to be done ahead of time, which allows me to go back to the fact that apparently most of that was not done in connection with the COVID nineteen vaccine, and we're all now experiencing the realities of that and finding out, yes, as we all act as one giant clinical trial with the rollout and mandate for people to take those vaccines, that oh lo and behold, a significant and sizable percentage of people do have interactions and problems. It does have negative consequences, so much so that the pharmaceutical company under normal circumstances could very well be held liable for the damage that their drugs caused, but not because of the Emergency Use authorization, you're deprived of that opportunity, So you're stuck with whatever condition you're left with from having gotten the JAB, after maybe having your employment threatened for not wanting to get the JAB. This has got a lot of years left in it, folks, in terms of a topic, in terms of the research and analysi that's going to be done reflecting back on our stupidity in reacting to the COVID pandemic, Doctor faucis now under the microscope yet again, and it will be even more so into the Trump administration. Maybe we'll get to see and have access to more of the information we were deprived of, and maybe then we'll all be able to make more informed choices down the road, and we'll be a little more jaded and cynical about what our lords and masters and elected capacities that have no medical degree are not pharmacists and are paid handsomely by the pharmaceutical companies so that the pharmaceutical companies can make billions and billions of dollars, the dangerous, crazy, circuitous world we live in. And once you throw politics and money into it, beyond just general profit margins, once you throw politics and money into it, then the lines get blurred and you start wondering whether this is truly just about bottom line or are they really trying to accomplish something along the lines of helping people and saving lives or bettering the quality of life, while yes, legitimately getting a financial reward for that, that's the point everyone is in business for. Or as I was talking about earlier, many times over the program's length, they create scenarios and then create winners and losers just by virtue of creating scenarios. Oh look, I read a little bit about ethanol going into our gas tanks for absolutely no blanking reason. And with Trump being elected him talking about trying to unring the bell of the inflation Reduction Actor, the Green New Deal. Now we've got Republicans running up saying no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, that no, you can't take away carbon capture programs, not from my state. Our state's going to make billions of dollars by going down this road as a consequence of the IRA. See there you go, a made up thing. Exhalation needs to be captured and put in the ground. Tax credit serves the incentive to do this, or tax offsets, and then once those are in place, you can't go back to the original reality. Wait a minute, why are we doing this in the first place? What was the motivation for us to put ethanol in our gas tanks in the first place. It wasn't a benefit farmers, now, was it? Or was it a fifty five fifty five krs talk station. Tune in tomorrow for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive and the Bright Bart Inside Scoop that'll be in the eight o'clock hour. I hope Joe has more uplined up on the schedules speaking a dust tracker. Thank you Joe for the guests today, and I appreciate being back at work today. Have a wonderful day, folks, and don't go way. Comem Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 11: Look what it happened.
Speaker 8: This is the greatest political comeback of all time.
Speaker 1: This has ever been two, three, four times today fifty five KRSD talk station.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by