Speaker 1: KT. Do you have a tornado update?
Speaker 2: Tornado warnings for Henderson and van zandt until four. Those counties are southeast of we'll say Dallas proper, okay, but you know in the listening area, so hang in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're in Oklahoma during Oklahoma at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, and I know east of us there's some funky weather, but we're we're kind of fine where we are. So if you're heading up here, gonna make a big weekend out of it, because you want to take advantage of your chance to win a million dollars on Saturdays in April, come on up see us.
Speaker 1: We're hanging out right.
Speaker 3: By District Hall, which is where all those good food selections are and the rewards club and of course the League.
Speaker 1: The really good sports bar is just right there. Now.
Speaker 3: We like to give away concert tickets, Ben, and we have concert tickets for Azizon. Sorry, who is going to be at Music Hall on the twelfth. That's just right around the corner. And we're going to give it away using the iHeart app. So the fifth person that uses the talkback feature on that app and leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and can tell me what famous musician actor Jason Mitchell, who I met last night, bumped into him. We were just talking about it. What famous musician did he star in the movie He started a movie as this guy.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about it.
Speaker 3: And if you don't know, you can look it up online and still might be the fifth person for actor Jason Mitchell. But the fifth person that does all that name, number, email address, You're going to win those uzzies on sorry tickets, dude.
Speaker 4: I went ahead and posted that Instagram video I was telling you about. Yeah, you shot it, so the one I was talking about on the radio. I'm a hero and you can get a look at this shirt I'm wearing. Oh and I asked people in the post. This is at at nine to seven one The Eagle on Instagram. It's there's a giant picture of a or the picture of a giant golf ball. And I asked people for honest feedback on the shirt we were discussing.
Speaker 3: Oh well, if you'd like to offer some honest feedback, go to the ninety seven point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle Instagram. You should be following that thing anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we love the interaction. We we are grateful for the support. But if you're just listening right now and you have Instagram, go to nine seven one eagle, at least hit a heart button and like that post.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Juicy hot gods.
Speaker 6: Come stay on top it shove.
Speaker 2: So we were talking a little bit about that NWA movie from a while back, but the Michael Jackson movie that's gonna be coming out, that's a biopic biopic.
Speaker 1: It's called Give Me My Milk.
Speaker 2: It's called Give Me My Milk. It's about his final minutes. But it's a movie extrapolated.
Speaker 3: It's nine it's ninety minutes long, and it covers the final ninety minutes.
Speaker 5: One second at a time is a minute.
Speaker 1: It's just like that movie Gravity. I'm telling it all happens in real time.
Speaker 2: I'll stop promoting the show once you guys catch up to it, hopefully. This weekend episode three in the Studio is just making fun of how movies are two hours and forty five minutes long now, And they're like, we got to give the note to Ron Howard and tell him we gotta tell him, and he's like, I love Ron Howard.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna tell Ron Howard.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, guys, you've got to go see Black Bag. It's ninety minute.
Speaker 4: Okay, I do want to see it, but I also I don't understand what though, If you you know that you pay the price to the movie, why not go get more. It's so hard to make a movie in a short term and make it a short timeframe and make it compelling because you have less time to develop.
Speaker 1: The characters of the storyline.
Speaker 3: Think about it, like when you pay for sex, right, you just want to really just it doesn't need to be some big drawn out thing because what you paid for.
Speaker 1: Just get to the thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought you made buying bulk and get a discount for you buy like a hundred times.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Talking about buying five squirrely gals all the one well by one.
Speaker 4: Looker, my guy will sell me a variety package.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Interesting from a guy.
Speaker 1: Well he's the manager.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well there's another word for him, but I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like handles the schedules, coordinating the things.
Speaker 1: The horror manager.
Speaker 2: So wait, hold on, is the variety package is an option you can buy on the menu as well, Because I mean that's.
Speaker 1: What he sold me. But you know by the flavor, I haven't seen him.
Speaker 5: In a long time.
Speaker 2: I would like to build Clinton Curve with multiple ethicists on one on.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh wow, that is very fluid.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So this movie that's been talked about a lot stars Michael Jackson's nephew, Jaffar as Michael as Michael, and.
Speaker 5: He looks like him.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what happened with ice Cube Son right playing him in the n W A movie very similar.
Speaker 4: If Larry King was around, he would ask ice Cube Son, how did you put on the weight.
Speaker 5: The rest of peace? Larry King?
Speaker 2: So here's what we've learned about that movie though, because right now you're getting a bunch of confidence and panels of these movie heads trying to figure out the fall schedule and do it strategically. And one thing that they have determined with this Michael Jackson movie is we need a little more time because right now it's a four hour movie.
Speaker 1: Oh and they are discussing HEV so what it's done.
Speaker 5: Before you get back to that, I'm gonna tell you what this opened the doors for.
Speaker 2: That's why this was news yesterday. They went ahead and made some movie that Benny Saftie's directing called The Smashing Machine and it stars Dwayne the Rock Johnson as MMA fighter Mark Kerr.
Speaker 5: I do not know the Mark Kerr story.
Speaker 1: I don't either. Is that a real guy?
Speaker 2: But Dwayne Johnson looks real good as like an MMA because you know, all he has to do is look like himself.
Speaker 5: They wear MMA gear.
Speaker 2: And they've given it the October third date that was supposed to be the Michael Jackson movie date. But they're like, okay, we're what we're gonna do with it now, so that can go there Michael Jackson movie. They are discussing making it two two hour movies.
Speaker 1: Now. I was gonna say they need to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, Like that's too long to sit in one place. But things are just so much easier to enjoy now in your home, Like you can just binge watch one thing to the next, hit pause, take a break, grab something to eat. I think like probably on some of this stuff, it depends, like if they did this Michael Jackson thing and there's this amazing soundtrack, and you know they utilize all the new Dolby at Most technology and all that stuff, maybe it makes it more experiential and worth it.
Speaker 1: But I'm with you.
Speaker 3: It's like if something is really I I really wanted to see that Flowers of the Killing Killer Boon and I was looking forward to it, and they said it was four hundred hours long.
Speaker 1: And then when the reviews came out and they were.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, it's okay, I was like, okay, go a four hour movie for okay.
Speaker 4: That is such a rare instance of the time that I've actually read the book, and it was the book was way better. I'm like watching the movie, I'm like, this sucks. But how do you take a book and turn it into ninety minutes or whatever?
Speaker 1: Long?
Speaker 4: I mean, that movie I think was long, but still it's like one movie. Yeah, because again we talk about this all the time. Do thirteen episodes on TV if it's in, you know, fifty minutes each, that's a lot of character development.
Speaker 1: It's going to be much more compelling. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think with a movie like you're excited for, I'll go to the theater no matter what.
Speaker 5: Like that's a point I seek out to do.
Speaker 2: But like that movie Kills the fire Moon, even the Bob Dylan movie, which I loved, I did not.
Speaker 5: Go to the theater and see it.
Speaker 1: How long it was? Bob Delan, It's about two hours and fifteen minutes or something.
Speaker 5: Do you remember, Christina thirty?
Speaker 3: I think, okay, okay, looking at a doppler right now.
Speaker 4: But if they make it two movies, it's a first half and a second half of Michael Jackson movie.
Speaker 1: How far apart do you make the release one month?
Speaker 5: See? This is where this The movie business is in shambles.
Speaker 1: Every every broadcaster is in shambles.
Speaker 2: But we talked about earlier in the week the Beatles movie where they're making four of them from the perspective of each guy. But that's gonna take, you know, a few years to get that made. With this, if they've got a four hour movie, they're discussing doing it too, And I don't think you can release it all at once. I think you have to do you have to aim for fall and then bring it back in the spring.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, did Wicked is an interesting one? Wicked did Wicked last November. They've already had already finished the second one and they're bringing it out again. Okay, Thanksgiving Wicked too will be no no, I get it, but that's a true sequel.
Speaker 3: This would not be a true sequel. Everyone already knows the story. You know how it ends, right, Yeah, I mean they're really just trying to figure out a way to not edit down, make it palatable to go to, and not overly edit it down.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I thought about hours theaters come on, it's too much.
Speaker 4: But I thought about your comment. Everybody knows the story. We're so old now. I don't know, like you know so many people. I'm sure they young people know the name. But my kids, if I wass to say, hey, do you know the Michael Jackson story, I don't think they would know very In fact, I'll.
Speaker 1: Ask, I'll world tape on. I'm asking them. I don't know that they would know. Your kids, does your youngest know who Michael Jackson is?
Speaker 3: I get there's gotta be a Michael Jackson song on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure if she heard the song, she'ld be like.
Speaker 4: But it's so funny to see the fashion trends and things that young people do and how they like. Apparently the biggest rage right now is wearing t shirts with Dennis Rodman's face on them. Wait, what yes, And so my daughter had this, she had this shirt with Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Are you what do you know about rot?
Speaker 4: And she was like who yeah, like the guy in your shirt? She goes, what's that? I go, no, it's Dennis Rodman. She goes, okay, thanks, and like trying.
Speaker 5: To leave me.
Speaker 4: She don't want to have a conversation about it. But I'm like, he used to get all these rebounds. She's like, great, thanks, Like they don't you know what I mean. It's a real interesting thing.
Speaker 3: And I remember when during the see this would have been probably twenty fourteen or something, the Mavericks are playing the Thunder and Kevin Durant is going to the postgame presser and he's wearing like a Ramone shirt and I'm going, man, there ain't no way Kevin Durant is rocking with the Ramones. And sure enough, he had no idea what they even were. It was just, hey, man, it's a graphic. T get off my nuts. Yeah, you know, it's like the whatever the meaning is, they don't care, right, It's just okay, here's a graphic everyone seems to like.
Speaker 1: And in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: I bet that's what happened with the uh, what's that guy's name, Shepherd Ferry that did the Andrea the Giant obey thing everywhere. Yeah, I bet most people didn't even realize that that was Andrea the Giant.
Speaker 1: They just liked the face and that it said obey with it, right, you know.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, we'll keep you updated if anything that happens with this movie, because I want to know, and I want it to be one movie at two hours max.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think no movie should be more than one hundred and twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: That's the great thing about the Bob Dylan movie. They literally focused on about a four year period. They didn't take you all the way through him making his Hurricane record.
Speaker 1: I mean, they didn't do all that.
Speaker 3: They didn't take you to the Traveling Wheelberry's. They showed you about a four or five year period. That really matters, right, But if.
Speaker 4: You're like in his family, are you kind of like, man, there was more to him than those four years.
Speaker 2: That's another interesting thing because a lot of these movies are showing clips, little teasers of what their movies are, and they're not showing anything on their movie, and they have not said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what period it's gonna Mick Jackson. Yeah, Michael Jackson, Dude, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't watch previews because you can see the whole.
Speaker 5: Movie now in two minutes kind of, I know the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I watch him for the sound effects.
Speaker 5: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: So good, guys. We are having fun today.
Speaker 4: We will continue having fun because we're at the Chalk Taw Casino and Resort Durant, and KT are all over the weather. I know we're tracking that movie story, but we're also tracking the weather. Any weather information you need to know. Our mediocre weather guy KT will let you know kind of what stories of that.
Speaker 5: Coming up.
Speaker 4: Next, we'll go around the sports twelve players that KT would draft at the twelfth pick in the NFL Draft. That's gonna be fun. Talk a little Cowboys football with you next. But joining us now live the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma. It's the director of marketing, our good buddy, Thomas O'Sullivan.
Speaker 6: How you doing, brother, I'm doing so good, even better now that you guys are here. It's great to have you again.
Speaker 1: Let's go well, we love being here.
Speaker 4: We have an absolute blast and you know, it's it's so much fun to come up to the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort Durant. The league is like the coolest sports bar in America. So if you just came up here to go to the sports bar, that'd be enough. But there's more than that. The resort rooms are gorgeous.
Speaker 1: There's table games, there's slot machines.
Speaker 4: You know, you could throw some dice, throw some cards, have so much fun and truly make memories, see a concert.
Speaker 1: There's so much fun to be had.
Speaker 4: But you guys continue to incentivize Dallas Fort Worth even further to say, hey, come to the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort Durant and you have a chance to win some money. So tell us about this latest giveaway.
Speaker 6: All right, So this new one is a brainchild of ours. We're super excited. We're making it a little bit more interesting. So every Saturday, just like normal, come in, you're gonna play. We're gonna have cash giveaways going on. They'll start at six, we'll end at one, but at one PM our winner gets seventy five thousand in cash. But then we're gonna bring them right over here to this brand new golf simulator here at the district. They're gonna swing a club and depending on how far they can hit it, we're gonna increase their prize all the way up to seventy five thousand. They could double their grand prize one hundred and fifty thousand dollars if they can hit it three hundred yards in our golf simulator.
Speaker 3: Man, I guarantee you kt Is gonna stick around and try to do that. Yeah, Well, what are you guys gonna do If John Daily shows up?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start writing a check, Okay.
Speaker 3: And so that's going on. That's every Saturday in April. So we have our first Saturday of April this tomorrow, right, or did we have one last Saturday Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So that's your first chance to get in and explain about the Rewards Club so people know how they can get these.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So that's how you join, right, you'd get into the Rewards Club. It's completely free as long as you're eighteen year older, get your ID, bring it to the club.
Speaker 5: We're gonna sign you up.
Speaker 6: You get points for every every moment you're playing, but then you also get points on your purchases. So if you're staying in the hotel, eating at the restaurants, shopping around at one of our stores, you get a chance to earn those entries with those purchases as well, because those all out of to your tier credits and those get you entries into our drawings.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're talking to our guy, Thomas O'Sullivan at the Chalk Talk Casino Resort Durant, talking about all the fun that's happening up here all the good time. So not only are all these reasons to come up here have your shot to win your share of a million dollars, but you guys also have cool bands, like incredibly cool bands come through. Who's playing this weekend or who are some of the upcoming shows? Keep us up today on what you got cooking?
Speaker 6: So we got three names coming up this weekend. Tonight, it's co Wetzel. He's gonna be on with Cam Allen. Great show starts at eight pm tomorrow Stgel Simpsons sold out show again, Hey, super popular. Everybody's looking to get into Surgel. And then on Sunday we added a Sunday show with Jason isbel in the four hundred unit.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 6: Let's go a little with that nineties love, bringing back the old rock. It's gonna be a great time. There's lots of other great acts coming. Clay Walker is gonna be here. We've got Jo Dee Messina coming, little big Town Old Dominion. We just announced Chevelle Lamb of God. So we really got some diversity going right now.
Speaker 3: And he got country, you got rock. I know the Black Keys are coming, all right. So these are tickets that are all available ticket man, right.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: Just look up Grand Theater at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: And it's one that has won.
Speaker 3: I think it is the country music theater of the year three out of the last four years.
Speaker 5: We have the last five years years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, you nailed it. Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: It's a great theater.
Speaker 6: You're one hundred feet from the artist at the farthest seat in the room.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, awesome stuff. Oh Thomas, thank you so much. We love when you stop by.
Speaker 3: Oh way, give us one last nugget that's not this week, and something to think about in the future to get the folks putting on their calendar.
Speaker 1: Something about Chuck takasan on resort and Durant.
Speaker 6: Let's see, let's go with Halsey. Oh, we're bringing in some cool stuff. Halsey is gonna be here May eighteenth, so a little over a month away. Make sure you get your tickets for that one soon because she is selling really, really hot right now. But it's gonna be an amazing show. And like I said, the farthest away, you're one hundred feet from her.
Speaker 3: You heard Thomas, get on it. There's big things happening. You can get tickets for all those shows at ticketmaster dot com. But we are just ninety minutes north of down town Dallas, so head that way now. It's the chalk Taw Casino and Resort in Durant, Oklahoma,