Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day. So here's today's podcast. Enjoy. Hello everyone, wherever you are and however you are listening from sea to shining sea. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. Text us anytime. We'd love to hear from you. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred and a texter took me out of my misery. We'll get into that a little bit later on in this show, but let's kick things off as we do every single solitary day. How she does it, I don't know, but she always has the first thing that made her laugh.
Speaker 2: What do you got tee?
Speaker 3: My husband listens to me like it doesn't realize there's going to be a quiz later.
Speaker 1: Oh so is my kid? By the way, Oh, I saw the funniest video of this husband and the caption said my wife when we have sixty one dollars in our checking account and he's like She's like, oh, we could just put all new windows up there and new roof and oh what do you think of this adding on to the garage? You know, he goes, yeah, he's got sixty one bucks and then checking out out the fuzz doesn't listen to you if like, there's gonna be a quizz either, Hu.
Speaker 3: Does not, and she fails the quiz every time and learns no lessons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's such a good kid.
Speaker 3: She's a good girl, except when it's quizz time. Supposed to listen to me, know what I say.
Speaker 1: Oh, later we got to talk about her rock and roll band.
Speaker 3: It's a legit rock and roll band, Sandy.
Speaker 1: It is a legit all girl rock and roll band. Yeah, and that will always be her rock and roll band. It will never just be her band, No, it'll be her rock and roll right. I call it her rock and roll band. So we'll get in a little bit of that later on. Also coming up on the show, Rapid Fire Q and a kind of a different line of questioning today, and that one of my questions, you're gonna have to speak for all women.
Speaker 2: Okay, good question. You're gonna have to wrap all.
Speaker 1: The women, all right, So we've got that and the Story We Love is next. Ask Alexa to play what oh three point one, Austin's eighties station on iHeartRadio. This is the Sandy Show, brought to you by our Bank. We're transitioning from your bank to our bank is a Breeze. For more information, go to www dot r dot Bank. Member fdic Trisia says she's got a mind blowing fact about Jennifer Lopez and all of her breakups that's coming up in the Story We Love In just a second, Hey Texas anytime seven three seven three zer a one ninety six hundred and a shout out to you guys that are listening to the Sandy Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: It's fun watching the numbers go up, up and up, you know what I mean, Like what they call it, the hockey stick up into the right. Yeah, that's what we have going on right now.
Speaker 3: I starned it on the other day when I was waiting to pick Landry up from work.
Speaker 2: Is it funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to hear. I just like to hear, like what you've chosen to put in there. And she gets in the car and she's like, you're sitting in the car listening to yourself. I was like, I mean, yes, but no.
Speaker 1: Just search the Sandy Show where you get your podcast stories.
Speaker 2: Low.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody knows by now. Jennifer Lopez filed for divorce from Ben Affleck last week, snarkily on the anniversary of their to year anniversary of their second wedding that they had. But apparently her breakups aren't terrible because she definitely does not return the engagement rings that were given to her. And in fact, I read a story that she is going to get to keep the engagement ring that Ben gave to her. So I got the guess that means it's not horrible breakups. But let's just go over her past breakup. She's been engaged six times.
Speaker 2: Six times? How many marriages?
Speaker 3: Yeah, four marriages. This is the end of her fourth marriage. So we're going to add up how much money in engagement rings j Lo has?
Speaker 2: Oh this is fun? Yes, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Her first wedding, oh, Johnny or Ohanne? Noah? This was back in ninety seven, one hundred and thirty thousand dollars ring.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling that it only goes up from them.
Speaker 3: It only goes up from there. Chris Judd. She married him in two thousand and one, two hundred thousand dollars ring.
Speaker 2: He's a backup dancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he think he was in one of her videos.
Speaker 2: How much was the first one?
Speaker 3: First one was one thirty second one two hundred thousand. The first time she was engaged to Ben Affleck, the ring he gave her and let her keep two point six million dollars. Yeah, the fourth one married Mark Anthony, the ring he gave her six point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when she got engaged to Alex Rodriguez, went down two million dollar ring, Alex cheap, Alex cheap is what he is, cheap out. And finally her sixth engagement ring again from Ben Affleck, five point six million dollars. You want me to tell you what that total is?
Speaker 4: Seen idunath hold on? Yeah, carry the one, six, yeah, seven, and the three hundreds. We're over seventeen million dollars in.
Speaker 3: Engagement teen million, thirty thousand dollars in engagement rings that she's gotten to keep.
Speaker 1: She must do.
Speaker 2: She's got a spell on those boys.
Speaker 3: Something magical about her. Alex Chief, I mean, you got to cut number one and number two some slack their backup dancers, right, honey, you're just getting started. Two hundred thousand dollars ring though, right.
Speaker 1: One hundred and thirty thousand dollars ring exactly. Vansom pays right, right.
Speaker 3: But to follow Mark Anthony from six point five million to two yeah, come on, Alex right.
Speaker 2: The biggest sucker at six and a half Anthony.
Speaker 3: And Mark Anthony. But they were married for seven years and had twins.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what's Mark Anthony doing now?
Speaker 3: He's been making a crab ton of money all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an incredibly popular singer. Okay, Yeah, it goes on tours, albums. He's a I mean, maybe not as well known now as back in the day, but they were at power couple back in.
Speaker 1: The daw So you're saying he probably doesn't miss the six and a half million, No, missed six and a half million.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, this has got a jillion. She's worth four hundred million.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, here, you guys, you take it back. I don't need it, like four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Right, cool million dollars an engagement ring, just laying around in.
Speaker 3: The drawers in a memory box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, uh, you know what, the resale on those is nothing, I mean compared to what they paid retail for them.
Speaker 3: She tried to sell million slimy million.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a business for her. It's a good business.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the ring that Ben gave her the second time, he had it engraved on the middle and the inside that said not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, famous last words.
Speaker 1: Rubbed that off right, just she ever heard the saying if it bleeds, it leads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, in the news.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, big time reporter over there. I'm figuring that's the saying that reporters use that it if if someone's bleeding, it's leading the news. But I'm only interested and amazed how the news cycle works and how it changes, and how big stories get shoved down to the bottom of the list if there was a list, and this is one of those stories that really no one is talking about.
Speaker 2: But to me, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy that it's not front page news all the time. It's about the stranded NASA astronauts. Yeah, they're stranded stranded space space. They took off NASA sent them to the International Space Station on June fifth. They were supposed to be gone for eight days just trip. Yeah, that was in June. This is the very end of August. They cannot come back because there's some sort of an issue with the capsule that was going to return them, about the thrusters in a leak and all kinds of stuff that NASA's talking about. So these people who are supposed to be gone for eight days in space are now stranded on the International Space Station. And over the weekend NASA announced that they will not be coming home until February.
Speaker 2: Miss Christmas.
Speaker 3: What is everything? February, they will have been gone eight months, not eight days.
Speaker 2: But they packed for eight days.
Speaker 3: They packed for eight days. However, one of the biggest questions that I keep having as I've been listening to this is like, what are you doing for food?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Food and water? You don't pack for an eight day mission and go what if I'm gone eight months? You know what it turns out? And maybe if I knew more about NASA, I would have known this. They have other capsules that resupplied the International Space Station all the time. There are other astronauts there that come and go, like there's.
Speaker 2: A can't they go back?
Speaker 3: Because that's what they were talking about in one of the articles I read, there's a Suez rocket capsule there, but there are astronauts who have already been there longer than they have, and that rocket will only take two. They can't put four in it unless there's an emergency. And these guys are supposed to be going home. So when they talk to the stranded astronauts, they were like, yes, we understand, we're willing to stay until until February. It's a mindset, but physically they have everything that they need to stay. And NASA also said that they might eventually have to call on Elon Musk and the SpaceX spacecraft to maybe help them get their guys. Come Elon to the rescue, right, Elon to the rescue again. There's good things and bad things about Elon Musk. Sometimes I'm like, oh, that guy, and then other times I'm like, hooray for Elon Musk, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very much a hero or a villain, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, And he likes me on both sides, and he also.
Speaker 1: Likes inserting himself into it, right, you know, He's Elon could very quietly just be do his work, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean right exactly.
Speaker 1: Instead, he likes to do interviews and tweet and make babies.
Speaker 3: And twelve babies, does he? He does?
Speaker 2: Good Lord Elon.
Speaker 3: He and Nick Cannon in a race, right, there's a way to stop that voice. I don't think they want to.
Speaker 2: I don't think they there's populating the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with cannons and musks.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a civil war.
Speaker 3: It does in time.
Speaker 1: Just then, well, hopefully those are those American astronauts. Yes they are. Yeah, they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: They're American.
Speaker 3: Stand the families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know that. My dad when he was gone for a year once about twenty years after that, he told me that was the best year of his life.
Speaker 3: Oh so would tell you that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He just I don't know. He's gone from us for a year in Korea and loved it, loved it. Love you that to stay with us. We've got more coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio. The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www dot org dot bank. Remember FDIC Tricia, I'm kind of surprised that you didn't fight back a little bit when I told you that. One of my questions in Rapid Fire Q and A, you can't have to speak for all women?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: I just thought you is your first name? I know, No, I know, you'll speak for yourself and you'll speak up for yourself, but generally you kind of tend to shy away from being the leader of a group or a spokesperson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in this instance, in this setting, I feel like my job is to say things that I feel like other people think as well. Okay, I mean obviously not anything I say is going to speak for every single person.
Speaker 1: That's true. It's gonna be my last question in Rapid Fire qan aka, don't forget text us anytime seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred and download the Sandy Show podcast for your listening now you can't listen later get caught up that way. Just search the Sandy Show where you get podcasts. First question, Tricia, have you ever fallen for? Did you ever fall for a pickup line? Back in your single days?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good god, I was so long ago. Yeah, when I was a new Beatricia out and about not a baby Patricia, like nuby out in the wild. Yeah, looking for guys. I'm sure I felt fell for some, but I do know that I quickly quickly wised up to him and was very quickly like, that's the most ridkos thing I've ever like, would call a guy out, like, does that ever work for you? You know what I mean? Yeah, And it's amazing some of the ridiculous ones that guys, some of the ones that guys will say.
Speaker 1: I never you know what, I always thought the best pickup line was what, Hey, you're cute?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And you you loved your speckled puppy. Cute is a speckled puppy. I've heard you say that a million times, used it on me. Not that that's a pickup line. It was a flirt line.
Speaker 2: It was a flirt line. I stole that line from my friend brought person, I know.
Speaker 3: Which I was not told me that because now when I hear you say it, instead of remembering fondly when you flirted with me, now I think a brought person.
Speaker 1: Physical question for you, physical abilities question, Tricia, can you do a cart will?
Speaker 2: Heck?
Speaker 3: You don't believe I can do two or three? Or four. I can do a round off. Do you even know what a round off?
Speaker 1: Yes? I know what around I can do all those. You take your round off into a back handspring.
Speaker 3: I've never, ever my entire life, I've ever been able to do backhandsprings, backflips, any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't Tricia tends to to over exaggerate her athletic prowess.
Speaker 3: You tend to underestimate me. Well, I need to see it, all right, We'll do it in the backyard, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it on videot. Okay, I'm gonna post it on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Let me stretch and warm up first.
Speaker 1: Do whatever you gotta do, all right, Just tell me when you're ready, and I'll walk back there.
Speaker 2: And turn it on my camera.
Speaker 3: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I'll show you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hold you to it. My daughter, she'll lie for you. Here's the question where you got to speak for all women in general? What do all women check out on a guy?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a hard one because everybody's like, for instance, guys, some guys, boob guys, some guys, but guys some legs. Yeah, so, but okay, I'm gonna generalize it, you know, what I think that Actually, my story has a threefold answer.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course it can't just be one one thing.
Speaker 3: The first thing, and this is human nature, your brain. The first thing I think you or anybody is attracted to any species, the body, that person. You have to have something that first catches your interest. I'm gonna say maybe body. Then I think it's face, So then that's what has physically attracted to you to talk to somebody. And then I think, third for me anyway, personality. And then what I have found is personality quickly moves up to the front of the line. Really understand like there has to be something that draws your attention, like for instance, shirtless running muscle guy. Clearly his body is what draws everybody's attention. And then the next time look after I see his body as his face, even.
Speaker 2: Though he's real short, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because of his body and his face, then I'm gonna need to talk to him.
Speaker 1: I thought it'd be more along the lines of how you said, guys, some guys check out butts legs.
Speaker 3: You thought it'd be just one body part that attracts all girls.
Speaker 2: And no, I did like what they check out on a guy, but.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. It can't be one thing for all girls, because everybody's attracted to a different I think overall, it's the body that draws you in. Gotcha, next face, then personality, which then can either trump and go to the top of the line or make you turn around a walk away from that person immediately.
Speaker 2: It's way more detailed than I thought I was frying.
Speaker 3: Yet I'm a girl.
Speaker 2: Big movie.
Speaker 1: It was number one at the box office last week. Not sure about this over this last weekend. But as you probably can tell by the title Alien Romulus, it's not really meant for kids, but it says spin off on the on the franchise of Alien, which came out forty five years ago.
Speaker 3: Whoa forty five.
Speaker 2: It hit theaters forty five years ago.
Speaker 3: With Sigourney Weaver, the original.
Speaker 1: One, The Original Alien, Yes, Oh my God, which I've never until probably this moment ever had much interest in those types of movies, but now I feel like I want to check them out.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm gonna let you know this. They are terrifying. The Alien is horrific. The things that happened to the astronauts in the space station, Oh my gosh, like the stuff of nightmares. Really, yes, I will not see. I saw the first one, and then when I was done, I was like, oh my god, why did I watch that? And then when I'm flipping through the channels, you know, it's one of those weekend movies. It's always on. I quickly flipped through. I can't I can't see.
Speaker 1: I never got into that movie. The Exorcist movies.
Speaker 3: The Pole different, yeah, different.
Speaker 1: The Poltergeist movies or, as my friend's grandmother called it, polter Goose. I never got into those types of scary, super scary scary movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I won't do anything with the devil. I won't do the Exorcist movies, right, the Polder Guys movies, I watched it. Alien movies totally different, because you know I love a space movie, right and a good monster.
Speaker 1: Well. I dug up some audio from a local news interview in nineteen seventy nine with a reporter asking parents if they regret it bringing their kids to see it. Here you go.
Speaker 2: You know that this was an R rated movie when you brought him, Yes, we do. Are you sorry you brought him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am. Are you glad you saw it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you sorry?
Speaker 2: Sir that you brought your son along to see Alien.
Speaker 5: No, ma'am, I think you should have seen it. There's something that you needed to know, that things could like that could happen in last that could be a true story based on science or science and we never know what's going on outside of the world.
Speaker 3: Did the movie scare you at all? Yes, ma'am, it did.
Speaker 1: Would you recommend to your little friends who are your age to go see it?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't. Dad's glad he brought you though it happens, Yes, preparing his son.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see where that kid is now. Oh my god, this dad's telling him you need to watch this because this could be the future. Then I'm wondering where he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kid is in a hole off the grid with a tin fall hat on because of that that taking him to that movie?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is Alien one that they need to start with? The first one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that you do, because Sandy, if you make it through that one, I mean I Should's.
Speaker 2: The one where the head spins.
Speaker 3: Is that that's the Exorcist? That's Doubleton and don't watch that. Don't open yourself, don't you don't tangle with the dough. You don't do that, and there's vomiting in that. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Chrisian's got the story we love about one of the big stars that emerged from the Olympics, the Paris Olympics and just a moment.
Speaker 2: Speaking of sports.
Speaker 1: Uh, college football season kicking off on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Are you excited?
Speaker 1: Uh? Sort of, you know, sort of put it this way at college and NFL football. There's I keep seeing this commercial for YouTube TV, get the season package, get all the games for eighty five bucks, and I'm like, nahas you don't get to see him at all. No, no, no, you could see your local regional games, you know what I mean, Like, we'll see here, We'll see all the cowboy games, yeah, yeah and stuff.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't need to see all the other games.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to the sound of the football crowd on the TV in the background in the house. I love it.
Speaker 2: That fall is coming.
Speaker 3: It's a shift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is his stories.
Speaker 3: We law all right. So Olympic gymnast Stephen Netterotzik, also known as the Pomel horse Guy because that literally was is only a bit Sandy, is the first person to join season thirty three of Dancing with the Stars. Now, I don't generally watch Dancing with the Stars, but I will tune in to see what he's gonna do. Yes, I'm not saying I'm going to watch all of it, but I want to see it. When he's dancing. He's the first male gymnast to compete on the show. Here's what he says. I want to do some flares. I want to bring some of the gymnastics to it, maybe backflip or a handstand. I want to have some fun with it. So yes, I'm going to watch it. Very athletic, yeah, incredibly athletic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And he can play up the nerdy thing.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't get Clark Kent is what he's being compared to. You know, there's gonna be some Superman music somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: Right, And you know what the perfect partnership for him is as far as endorsements, what like Warby Parker, the Glasses Yeah, or Ray Ban or any of the big glasses makers.
Speaker 3: Great idea, they're.
Speaker 1: Probably already all over it. They're way ahead of me on that. But probably he'll be good on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves him he's America's sweetheart.
Speaker 2: He'll probably be the biggest star on it.
Speaker 3: Well, so listen, here are some of the rumored contestants might include. I scoff at some of these and then I'm all, absolutely, this person's going to do it. Jason Kelsey, Oh, I don't think he's going to do that.
Speaker 2: To do that is he can push his podcast.
Speaker 3: I know, but he's got so much exposure everywhere else and he's starting he's going to be a commentator. Yeah, I mean, I just don't know why he would need to do that. Golden Bachelor. Jerry Turner, Oh, Jerry's don't definitely. Oh, he's definitely going to.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's like I don't need any more Jerry. I know he'll definitely do it.
Speaker 3: David or Victoria Beckham what what? Why would they do again? These are rumored potential I don't think either one of them will do it. Tom Sandoval from Vander Pump Rolls he'll definitely do it because what else is he gonna And Kelly is a potential.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna do that. Think isn't her husband a dancer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Her husband, Mark Kensuelos, he's the co host with her. He's an actor.
Speaker 1: I thought he was a dancer before you.
Speaker 3: No, they met on General Hospital he was in He's an actor, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought he was a dancer. Emuting dance too though. He's one of those guys. He can do it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, An's super high.
Speaker 2: Any sing a betting, I don't know. I don't know it.
Speaker 3: Probably thinks he can. Dancing with the Stars premieres Tuesday, September seventeenth on ABC and Disney Plus.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day.