Speaker 1: I think in ninety three they played in late November. So one of the things that is rather obvious is that nobody likes this. Nobody would prefer this, right. I mean, I haven't heard from anybody who is thinking to themselves, well, hell yeah, I've been wanting them to move it to you know, November. I've been wanting to see Louisville and Kentucky play each other in basketball before they play in football. Like nobody's thinking that, which I bet there's at least some of you listening right now that didn't even quite put that together. Because that's that's what really makes it weird to me, is like, wait a second, what They're going to play each other in basketball weeks before they play each other in football? And yes, that's how this shapes up. So regardless of how weird and awkward it's gonna seem, and with the new world being here and not going anywhere anytime soon, I would say annually, there's going to be an adjustment period to kind of get to know your team because you know, you got a lot of moving pieces now. I don't think we're going to see anything close to what we saw last year for both Kentucky and Louisville with with you know, building an entirely new roster, because that that only happened due to the coaching change. And I think because of the specific situation in Louisville and Lexington, I mean even in I think coaching changes moving forward aren't going to result in every single player being gone. But Louisville, you know, got rid of an awful, deadly virus thankfully in the Kenny Payneaires, so you had to wipe that out completely. And then with Kentucky and Cal, it's just with the way he builds his roster. I mean, guys who come to play for John Caliperi probably aren't the same exact kind of guys that you know come to play for Mark Pope. And that's not a shot or an insult that either. It's just Cal's got his own way of building his team and always has, and Mark Pope does it differently. So I would say maybe this year will probably be like when you look at the returning players on both sides Louisville, I would say they would.
Speaker 2: Have been a team.
Speaker 1: And this is this is this is absolutely something I hadn't thought about until somebody reminded me on the text line. But Louisville would have been able to say that they have much more continuity returning from a year ago if they if they brought back James Scott because he played, started and was a big factor for your team, along with Javon Hadley, who is back. So without James Scott, the real returning players that have experienced that were a part of last year's success, it's mostly just Hadley and then can I Rus who did have you know, had his moments and I think he'll actually take a big step forward.
Speaker 2: I love can I.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just hard to say that he's somebody that you know, was a was one of the big, big important pieces to last year's team that we saw. And then Cason would have been, but you know, he got hurt. He played four games, four and a half games before he got hurt. So Louisville really only has two kind of one big pieces back that were highly impactful on the Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I guess it's.
Speaker 1: Probably just I mean, maybe you say the same thing, and I don't have Kentucky's roster in front of me, but like, oh, take Oway, I mean, they're not only getting you know, some guys back they're getting their best player back because he was that he's really good. But outside of Oway, the other guys back for Kentucky, I mean Colin Chandler. I mean he played, but I don't, you know, and he certainly came on late, but I don't I wouldn't say he was like a big piece to them being a three seed. Trent Noah, same thing, Brandan Garrison, same thing. So they actually have more pieces back from a year ago. But I you know, I don't think it's out of line to say that that there's really only one that is instrumental in their success from a year ago, and that's Oway. But just like I said about Cadi Rus, I think he's going to take a big step forward and I expect him to have a good year. I kind of feel the same way about Colin Chandler. I think he'll he'll be a good piece for Mark Pope this year. Trent Noah, not sure. Brand and Garrison. I didn't see much last year that would make you think that he's gonna be like a really good SEC caliber big. But obviously he's athletic, he's got size, you know, but he's gonna have to be ready to go because let's be honest, if I mean there's I mean Jaden Quainton's being able to play just seems really unlikely by November eleventh, certainly not at one hundred percent, given the fact that he tores ACL.
Speaker 2: In March or late February. I should say so.
Speaker 1: Again, for the most part, I would say the continuity from the previous season to the next, let's just say these two teams play each other every early November, I'd say it's I wouldn't be shocked if this is the kind of returning production in experience that you get just because again, players are gonna they're gonna up and leave just because they can. And by the way, I those who missed it earlier, James Scott did commit to ole Miss today. So if we get a return game against ole Miss and the sec ACC Challenge, which I'm not asking for that, but if we did, we would at that point end up going up against James. So again, it'll be an awkward lead up. It'll feel weird. Maybe you're gonna need to burn a vacation day, burn some PTO hours because you just know you won't be productive at work day of game, or maybe you know you won't be productive day after, depending upon what happens. And one of the things I love about this rivalry is that in Louisville, and I always say this, in Louisville, it's just different. Like I'm sure there are Louisville fans that don't live in Louisville that are as into this rivalry as anybody. And I'm sure that there are Kentucky fans that don't live in Louisville that you know, have the hatred for Louisville as much as anybody. But you got to be here to really experience this thing at its most intense level because we all coexist together. There's so many of both. For a long time, I think Louisville fans would try to act as if there weren't as many Kentucky fans as there are. And I'm not saying that there's way more. I'm just saying, like, I know, there's a lot of Kentucky Blue in Louisville, and of course there's a ton of Louisville red. So that's why I just think to experience assist level to the rivalry, at the level that makes me feel very confident in saying it's the best rivalry in sports because you know, last I check, rivalries are about fans because players, coaches coming, they come and go. Like Louisville is where you really can feel that. But when it comes to like workplaces, we have a lot of big employers here in Louisville, very very thankful for that too, right, Like, I bet there's people listening right now that work it forward or know somebody who does, or maybe they used to work it forward. Ups My man Austin, he's a ups a love. So there's a lot of you know, Humana, there's a lot of big employers or maybe even like smaller employers. But yet you know, if you got thirty people working in a factory together on an assembly line or in a shop, there's a good chance that you got a mixed bash Louisville and Kentucky fans. And day after work.
Speaker 2: Is either the day of your of your year.
Speaker 1: Or it's a day you might get come down with something and have to burn a sick day, right because you if you win, you want to be there to let your coworkers know that they got to take their medicine and you know you got to give them hell. That's what we do and if you lose, you you probably dread showing up to work that day to have to kind of face the music about your team losing. Now what I hope happens, And I can already tell that it is happening. Like Louisville fans for a while, like we were dead. And I don't just mean like the Kindy payneair, but like there are some fans that just understandably so I guess they had just gotten so used to losing to Kentucky it was hard to like, like, for about three years, you could take joy in Kentucky losing. You could rivalry and rib them about a lot of things like Saint Peter's and Oakland and you know whatever. But when it comes to like the I mean Louisville fans, we didn't have a whole lot of ammunition. Now that changed last year and it was a competitive game. And this year, I think Louisville fans will be super confident, and I mean they'll probably be favored.
Speaker 2: Right they're at home.
Speaker 1: It's that early. There won't be any real result that'll change how people like. There's not going to be anything before November eleventh that changes the way people view these two teams as far as what they expect them to do. So we're probably looking at a top maybe top ten matchup, which is crazy to say. Who knows if that any of that's true? Right, who knows if these either of these teams are going to be close to being that good. But the only scenario where this is not a really big matchup, and when it comes to, you know, a highly ranked team facing another highly ranked team, is if Otega Oways somehow decided to stay in the NBA Draft, which I don't anticipate that he does, but that would be the only thing. So yeah, it's it's awkward, it's weird. There's a lot of people complaining, but I know that they could play this game anytime, anywhere, and I'll find a way to watch it. If I cald God willing, I'll find a way to watch it. Also, when it comes to basketball again, it's been a heavy basketball show today because we now know the ACC has decided to make it an adjustment to the league schedule eighteen games now instead of twenty. And I don't know the reasoning behind this move is far.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know why.
Speaker 1: They're reducing the conference schedule because they need more ACC teams in the tournament. In the best case scenario for that to happen would be letting these teams go schedule other opponents instead of two more ACC games. Because the league doesn't give you a whole lot of opportunity to boost your resume. That was on full display last this past season. But the reason to schedule it the way that they did, I don't know. So eighteen game schedule, you will play fourteen teams, one time you will play I think that's right, says here. The eighteen game schedule features team starting league play in late December and ending on the first Saturday of March. Each team will play one primary opponent both home and away, as well as one variable partner home and away. The varial partner will be determined each season. Teams will play one game home or away against fourteen of the remaining fifteen teams annually. So Louisville every year will play SMU twice, and then every year it'll be a different team that you get twice. And then there's Team zero, which again I can't can't quite understand why you would do that, But every year there'll be one team that you just don't play. Could it be like a scheduling thing with travel, Like maybe that's why I just there's just this seems stupid. It seems really really stupid. But that's what they decided to do. And I think it's a good move. And who Louisville ends up getting on the schedule no clue, but I hope it's a good team that gives you a chance to boost the resume somebody on the Textllent earlier asked about those November tournaments. Is Lovell gonna be in any of them, like the Battle for Atlantis last year?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't believe that their scheduled to participate in any of those games. So that gives Pat Kelsey a lot of room to work with. And look, you're still gonna see teams on the schedule, like like I bet Winthrop we play them every year because of the obvious connection that's where Pat got his start and his mentor the late Skip Prosser, his son is the coach at Winthrop, And I bet we play them every year and I will.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm fine with that because.
Speaker 1: They're actually usually pretty good for that level, right, Like, if you're going to play a team from the SoCon they're usually one that would be better, you know, than most in that league. But we're gonna learn about Pad a little bit here because I get the sense that he's willing to schedule big opponents because you know, he's never had when he was at Charleston, like they they rarely got to play in big games as far as you know, highly ranked opponents, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And last year the schedule was loaded.
Speaker 1: But what I don't know is, you know, would would we have had that type of schedule if it was Pat making the decision. So a lot of those games you're already built into it. But it will say and I forgot about this, thank you for reminding me of this on the text line. I don't know if we have the date yet, but Louisville will play Indiana this year in basketball. So here's here's the non conference opponents that we know right now for Louisville, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana. You'll get another SEC team because of the ACC SEC challenge, and we'll see if Rick was full of crap or not. Right, Rick Ptino, he's the one who put it out there as if the two sides are working on a game, working on a deal to bring Louisville to the Garden to play Saint John's and then Rick will return with Saint John's the next year. But to my understanding, Rick was way ahead of himself and that's not final or even close to it. But hey, I'd be fine with it, right. I mean, it's a gift to Rick, But why not that? And I say that knowing maybe we need it. Maybe it wouldn't be a gift. Maybe we needed as much as he does. Maybe we need it more. I don't know, because if Saint John's good once again, that'll give you another chance to get to get a big time resume win. And you don't want to have the toughest schedule in the country in the non conference.
Speaker 2: You don't need that.
Speaker 1: But let's not forget about what conference play was like. It was easy to get intoxicated with the wins because man, we didn't win a lot. For you, We didn't win much at all for years, and then you messed around and won eighteen of your twenty conference games. So there was an element to it where it didn't matter who we were playing. We were just gassed up because we were winning and it didn't matter who. Like wins against teams that used to feel like nothing felt special because we were deprived for years of those kind of wins. So, I mean, last year you had a really good non conference schedule where you played Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole, Miss, Indiana, Oklahoma, West Virginia. So that's six of your non conference games were against teams that, you know, some of them didn't end up being great, like Indiana, but I mean on paper, like clearly you were you met scheduled. Just those are big brands. So you know, if you get something like that again, I'd say that would be that, that would be fine something similar to that, but you got to win some of them, right, like Louisville's win against Indiana and they're win against West Virginia in the long run lost more lost value as the season went on. So I'm just trying to envision a scenario where you're not in the same situation you were in a year ago, but like it's really out of your control. I mean you can I mean the fact that you can go eighteen and two in your league, make it to your conference championship game and lose to a one seed and you get an eight that tell you what the committee thinks of the ACC. And I hope next year is a lot different, but like, will anybody be shocked if it's not. I mean, there were a handful of teams that I felt like were solid, but like they didn't do enough to get in. Like last year, I thought SMU in wake Forest and even Pitt at times like they should have been better. I don't know if they should have been great, but like, those are teams that if they take care of business, they don't schedule stupidly, they sneak in the tournament if they if they don't, you know, step on their own step over their own feet. And that doesn't mean that the ACC would be loaded, but man'd be It'd be a big difference in getting eight teams in the tournament than getting nine or I'm sorry, then getting four because last year was Duke, Clemson, Louisville and Carolina who was in the play in but SMU, wake Forest, Pit, like, those are teams that probably should have done I mean they probably you know, there's teams on your schedule every year that like if you lose to them, you know, like that could potentially come back and bite you and a few of those teams had too many of those losses, Like Louisville had it once against uh was it?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Georgia Tech?
Speaker 1: But that was just one that was a one off, right, So you really only had like one bad loss. I keep saying eighteen and two?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong? Did they not go eighteen and two? Because now I'm second guessing. No, you're right.
Speaker 4: Our only two losses was Duke and.
Speaker 2: Boston College Georgia two. Yeah, Georgia Tech Tech.
Speaker 1: They got really close to slipping up in some of those games. And that's what I think. That's what made me, I guess, maybe feel that that's what had me second guessing myself.
Speaker 4: Was it Boston College it had Scott Steiner's kid, No, it's Virginia Tech who was bad? Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Virginia Tech was the game. And I'll just say it.
Speaker 1: We were lucky as hell to win that game, Like we kind of had no business winning it, but we got it done that and e ku, thank god for Noah Waterman. But then, yeah, there were also some close games against Yeah, it's sure, guy, everybody knows it. But you know, I'm just trying to look at other games that scared the hell out of me. That yeah, that they ended up they were closer against Miami than I think you would have expected.
Speaker 2: The Virginia Tech when THO was the one that really really stands out.
Speaker 1: And then they had a closer game at home against Florida State than I think we anticipated. And uh yeah so And also I guess here's another one. They barely got by Stanford in that first ACC tournament game too. And again I think this speaks to like this is just a reminder of what the ACC was, because had you lost to a team like a Virginia Tech, like a Stanford, like a Florida State or a Miami, which again you didn't, so credit to you for not doing that, but I think we just knew, man, that would cripple you.
Speaker 2: Like they gave you an eight seed the committee.
Speaker 1: If you would have lost to Stanford and you didn't have the chucky Hepburn buzzer beater, do you make the tournament like it sounds like huperbole. I'm not trying to be shock jock radio guy, but like that's a I mean, could you might have been in the play in game, which is would have been insane. It would have been wrong, but like, given what the committee did, I think that might be what they would have done. All right, let's get to our first break here in the five o'clock hour, when I want to get to on the other side, we will talk a little Tyler Shuck because it sounds like despite a lot of New Orleans Saints fans being unhappy with the draft pick, I think they're kind of coming around to accepting that he's probably going to be the guy that maybe runs their team this season because of the Derek Carr injury. So we can get into that and some other stuff before we run out of time. So stick around. It's coffee and Company fuel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So we do have an update.
Speaker 1: From Matt Noorlander that I would be I'd be pleased with he is reporting that, Well, are you reporting something? If you share something you're hearing, I guess you're sharing. I guess it's considered.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not a report, but I'll just read it directly. That way, we can't take my man out of context. Here, but Matt Orlanders said, quote, my expectation is Duke's second home and home in ACC play ACC play next season will be Louisville, And he said that he thinks to UNC and NC State will play twice next year, which makes total sense. So if that's the case, you know you're getting the best team probably in your league. Maybe they're not though, like maybe louis is the best team in the ACC, who knows. But I think if you've got if you're making this decision to adjust your scheduling format because you know you need more teams in and if you play twenty games against each other, it's not going to give you enough opportunities to get good enough wins to get in. Then I think it makes total sense to take the two teams that just played for the championship game and make sure they play each other once again the following season, because you know you would expect them to be able to maintain some of that momentum. So if you get do twice and then you consider the non conference opponents we know of right now, it's.
Speaker 2: A good start, all right.
Speaker 1: Real quick, before we dive back in, let's talk about the Louisville Men's Clinic.
Speaker 2: They can help you.
Speaker 1: They've helped thousands of men here in the Kentuckian area. They've been in business for over ten years. A lot of imitators have popped up, but they can't they can't. They can't hang because they're not quite as good. In fact, they're nowhere near as good as the Louis of Men's Clinic. The Lotive of Men's Clinic has real physicians that will help you. It's not, you know, it's not some you know, unprofessional you know, people who don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They're real doctors. They got doctor Wood over there.
Speaker 1: And he helped me and he can certainly help you. And there's a lot of different ways they can help. Low testosterone, rectile dysfunction, weight loss therapy, Pironi's disease, and there's all kinds of different ways they can treat d And I know that's one that is probably a difficult thing to really address for some maybe not everybody, but I'm sure it's not a comfortable conversation to have with your significant others, certainly with a stranger at a doctor's office. But hey, that's the first step in getting it taken care of. And it's not just doing it for you, do it for your partner. They've got a variety of ways to treat it, and they have an intimacy guarantee, which means if it doesn't work, you don't pay anything. That lets you know how much they trust what they do and they feel confident they can help you. So Luliaman's clinic dot com is the website. BABO two four four four four thousand is the number if you want to give them a call and tell them I sent you. So we talked a lot earlier about the comeback from the Pacers last night. Brutal for Donovan Mitchell and the Calves. But man, the Pacers have now this postseason and we're early in the second round. They've now played seven playoff games in the postseason right now, the Pacers have, and they've had two of those games be comebacks that you just simply never see. So again, teams that are trailing by at least seven points in the final minute of the fourth quarter of overtime, I'm sorry, in the final minute of the fourth quarter or overtime. Since nineteen ninety seven ninety eight, the record of teams in that situation three and one thousand.
Speaker 2: Six and forty.
Speaker 1: Well, two of those three wins have come in the last week by the same team, which is just crazy. And Austin said it during the break, He's right.
Speaker 2: As much as we have.
Speaker 1: Crapped on the NBA playoffs, and I still feel like we were justified in doing so, We've gotten some pretty pretty entertaining basketball thus far. I mean, you've had a few blowouts, right, like a couple teams or a couple games were fifty point losses. But we've also had four twenty come from behind victories, which again early second round is where we are right now, and having four of those in one postseason is already a record, So I will give the NBA some credit. I'm not really sure what has led to it, but the playoffs thus far have been more entertaining than I certainly anticipated. And another series that I expect to be pretty good is this series between Minnesota and Golden State, and Minnesota the top seed hosting.
Speaker 2: They got off to a rough start, letting one slip on their.
Speaker 1: Home floor, and they did it or the Warriors won without Steph Curry towards the end because of an injury.
Speaker 2: Now looked like it was gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: However, it's not as severe as it initially was expected to be. It's a Grade one hamstring strain, so he's gonna miss at least a week, it sounds like. But they still have some really good players. And this is if you're Golden State. You know, nobody's replacing Steph Curry. He's just that good and he's unique. But aren't you happy you went and got Jimmy Butler? I mean, you now have another big time shot maker, big time player. I mean I've never actually believed that Jimmy Butler was quite as good as maybe others have. But he's certainly a good player, and at times I think he's played his best basketball in you know, crunch time in postseason play. I mean, bubble was it bubbled Butler? Jimmy Butler in the bubble when Miami, oh yeah, made it all the way to the they make it the finals? They didn't They the Lakers. That's who the Lakers beat. So yeah, Jimmy, Jimmy Butler came up big for him last night.
Speaker 2: I like Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 4: A lot of people give him hell. I mean he is uh, I mean, his personality is kind of out there, but Duke and Ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I like Jimmy Butler too. Just to me, this may be a really bad, you know, comparison to make, but I'm gonna do it anyway, because you know, why not the Miami stuff and whenever it wasn't working in Minnesota as well, the quick departure that he had, and like people forget he played for Philadelphia, Like that's a very easily easily forgettable sir almost did. Like he's he's got to be difficult to deal with, or he wouldn't be on so many different teams. And there's a little bit of Aaron Rodgers to him, I think, as far as just like he's gonna do things his way and that's just what it is. And you know, some teams just don't put up with that. Pat Riley didn't put up with it. And but in the end, Jimmy won, right, they traded him, and now he's on a contender and he's you know, he's he's potentially gonna be in you know, maybe he wins a title.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've always loved the story of his last days in Minnesota where he like took the practice squad and was beating uh the starting teams in practice, and that was always pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He he really made a name for himself in Chicago playing alongside Derek Rose, and then of course he became the guy. And then he ends up in Minnesota because of Fibbs. And did he go from Minnesota to Philly? I think he did, yes, and then Philly to Miami, Miami, and then Miami to now Golden State. So he's a hell of a talent, no doubt. And again, if you're Golden State, you don't like losing Curry at all. But man Butler, whoever made that move and whoever initiated getting that done, I'm sure they feel pretty good about it at this point. All Right, something else I wanted to to talk about, not because I've got like any crazy story about it, but the real id situation in Kentucky. I'm an idiot, so I didn't even realize one that I actually have a real idea because my wife, you know, she helps take care of me and make sure, like she just knows things I'm going to procrastinate about, so she makes sure, you know, it gets done to avoid you know, me showing up for a flight and not realizing I don't have the right idea to take off. But when I say I'm an idiot, there's a lot of layers to that. But the other reason is because like I don't even like, like, what is the why is it become such a disaster here in the state of Kentucky. The only thing I've heard is that it's impossible to get appointments, and you know, people can go and wait in line forever, and you know it just you know, they had an appointment that didn't but they never actually get to set appointment because the line's too long. There's just not enough resources to get you know, all this stuff done. But if you have a passport, you can still you can still fly, which a lot of people I assume have passports. But then again that's probably me just you know, living in my own bubble. I bet there's people listening right now that have never needed a passport because they've never left the country and they have no reason they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't want to.
Speaker 1: So the deadline was, I guess is today as far as what was needed to be done, And we've had years to get this, to get a real id which is why I assume they're like I argue with my wife. I was like, there's no way I have a real ID. I haven't gotten a new ID in a long time, and they've been talking about this new ID stuff here lately, and like I haven't. I just thought there's no scenario that the timing would have would have aligned to where I could have I could have gotten one, cause it's been so long since I got a new ID. But then I realized this has been like out there. You've known you need to get one at some point for a really really long time, and I guess a lot of people, you know, they procrastinated. But then it sounded like I was listening to HS earlier this week, and I guess they were hearing from folks from the airport that said, like, if you don't have one, like you'll be able to fly, but you then potential you might be able to fly, but you then run risk of having like an insanely long delay because they have to go through maybe different processes to identify who you are, Like I'm complete, I probably shouldn't. It's irresponsible for me on this platform to be yapping about things that I don't even know what I said is.
Speaker 2: True or not.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was it was you know, doomsday was today, because if you didn't have it, you know, you can't fly. And if you know you don't have one, good luck getting one because of how big of a disaster it's been for everybody else that's trying to get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because basically, like even if you before all this, if you want to go, if you want to go, get on an airplane, and let's just say like you left your idea at home or something or didn't have a physical idea, you could still get on the plane, but they would you would have to go do like a background check and verification, an extension and I'm sorry, an extensive verification that you are like a citizen and all that, which might at that when people say if that's the case, and get there a little bit earlier, and it might, it sounds like it's the same thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it says here that if you you know what happens on May seventh, what if I don't have a real ID by then?
Speaker 2: This is from WDRB News.
Speaker 1: It says, if you don't have a real ID by the deadline and you're planning to board a domestic flight, you will need to bring your passport or another TSA approved form of identification, which I guess the accepted forms of identification you've got. I mean, I don't even this this list at at TSA dot gov. I mean, these are things I don't even like, a border crossing card, permanent residence card, like are those? I mean, I don't have those? But maybe people do, so I guess there are some. There's some random identification forms that you may have that may get you through until you get your real ID. But I guess everybody's situation is different. But here's what TSA spokesperson has said. So this says otherwise, if you know, if you don't have one, you could face delays, additional screening, and the possibility of not being permitted into the security checkpoint. So that's from a TSA spokesperson. Shouldn't it just be yes or no, meaning if they if they knew that if you did not have a real ID or a passport or one of these other forms, if you simply could not get on a flight, they would say that, right. So therefore, I guess you you know, you might be able to get on you might not, which again is a disaster. Nobody's going to make plans to travel with the up in the air unpredictable. Let's see what the airport, Let's see what Let's see what I get today. I mean, it's our even before the take the real idea out of the equation, you really never know what you're going to get at an airport. Being in an airport is what i'm those helpless places you can be on Earth. You have no control and you just have to do whatever they say, and you know you don't like it tough. I'm fascinated by the human behavior at airports because I think it's been well documented. There are people who become versions of themselves that they didn't know existed because of the frustration at an airport hitting an all time high. Like I think some of the things you see on videos that surface of people losing their mind on a plane or at an airport, it may just be people getting hammered at the airport because sometimes you know, the airport beers do get the best of you, or the airport cocktails. I mean, the airport beer to me is always going to be number one elite. And then sometimes you have people that just might be kind of crazy, but there's enough of airport. There's enough airport shenanigans to take place across this country throughout the calendar year to where like at least some of it is just people hitting that point they didn't know was going to put them over the edge. I mean, like and they just get butt ass naked, not even not even kidding, Like you think I'm making that up. Now, that's not a that's not just a it's not an exaggeration type example. Like happened out that long ago some woman in the Dallas airport. I don't know her situation, but she was so upset and she really wanted people to know about it. And she knew that if she just got naked, that would get enough attention for her and that'll that'll be her proven her point. Probably was a mistake, probably didn't work out for in the long run, But like you know, I'm just thinking about how big of a pain in the ass the airport can be, regardless of you having every form of identification in the world. Now you throw this element in there, and like it could be it could be hell on Earth.
Speaker 4: It's a fun draft idea of worst least favorite airport shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Like there's a lot.
Speaker 1: That like like the steps in the process, yes, or give the bags checked.
Speaker 4: I mean when you're there, like the people that you you always see that one guy that's doing this and then you're like, I don't I can't stand that guy.
Speaker 1: What about Like I mean, a lot of people say, like the TSA security checkpoint that is a pain in the ass just because of the line and the process, But it actually all I mean, I actually think it moves pretty smoothly for the most part.
Speaker 2: I don't like the and usually.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do it, but if you check bags and whatnot, like you have to wait in the line at the airlines, and I've I mean i've oftentimes like I'm sure they do they I'm sure the attitude and the uh lack of friendliness for most of them is justified because they deal with a holes all day. But like, if I've not given you any indication, then I'm gonna be a jerk to you, like don't be passive aggressive and just like you know, like I got my phone out. I was taking a video of TIF holding Moose when we were leaving for a flight like two years ago. He was much smaller and some lady like at the checkout at the airline, like acted like she was gonna have to call the cops because I had I was videoing, and I'm like, I'm not videoing you. And even if I was, like even if I was like, what are you gonna do about it? Like I was, I was, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even any airport beers in yet. And she just like she just wanted, she wants, she wanted to create a confrontation, and I'm like, do you think I'm I probably talked to her in a way I don't usually talk to anybody, but I was like, you do you think I'm here to get my phone out and get a get a video clip of you. I don't know who you are, Like what do you like? We have protocols, sir, like for what like this happened a lot everybody. You got Papa Razzi coming up here to see you, lady. And then Tiff told me to calm down, and I did, all right, we'll take a time out and then take a Yeah, we'll take a time out and then come back and say bye.
Speaker 3: Now back to coffee and company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 1: Day so with the change to the Louisville Kentucky basketball game, that means that week in early November is going to be a big one because you've got Louisville and Kentucky and basketball on that Tuesday, and then Louisville will play I believe, Clemson on uh yeah, they'll play Clemson on Friday at home. So in fact, really it sets up a six day window of hopefully good vibes. You'll play on November eighth at home against cal and then Tuesday UK and basketball, and then Friday night not Saturday, sorry, Friday night. I totally forgot that the Friday that the Clemson game is on a Friday. What do you think about that, Austin Friday Clemson football. I I actually think it gives him a better chance to win, because I think there's a there's a better chance of like Friday night big games like.
Speaker 2: Louisville football will have a very big crowd. Yeah, and they'll be hammered.
Speaker 4: And we've you said it, we've always we've always done well with Friday night games.
Speaker 1: And I love that we embrace it, right, Like, I get it. It's different, and I understand that. Like even though Saderfield you know with Saturdyfield, Like I get that he was just he felt it was weird to play on a on a Friday night, but he also should like read the room and understand that, like louisvill Foot, all the reason the job was what it was to that you wanted to come here is because they took advantage of big opportunities to play teams on weeknights and and really kind of build the brand. But right, yeah, Jeb Brohm embraces it, and you know, I, uh, that's gonna be a big week man. And now I'm thinking, Okay, can can kN may and you know.
Speaker 2: Derby's wrapped up.
Speaker 1: This is the real slow time for me when it comes to, uh, when it comes to sports that I really care about, although as we mentioned, the NBA playoffs have been better than I anticipated. But yeah, once we get to uh, once we get to football season, it's a it's a it's a an eight month roughly run of just you know, constantly having to follow UK or not having but enjoying football season, NFL and college basketball and you know Derby really so my uh, my, my year has always kind of just been based off sports stuff. So for me, like a New Year starts when football season starts, not January, and then you know, I've got the downtime like the off season is is now until you know, I guess late August. So all right, we're out of time, and you guys just know that if you missed anything on the show, you can always go back and check out the podcast. We'll be back tomorrow. Is it just me, Austron?
Speaker 2: Is the week going by fast?
Speaker 1: It is like tomorrow's Thursday, and I feel like Derby just happened. So we're rolling along here and we'll continue to do exactly that starting tomorrow at three o'clock, So make sure you join us again.
Speaker 2: Coffee and Company.
Speaker 1: Phil about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety