Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond jr R.
Speaker 2: All Right, I know you want to talk NFL draft, but I'm thinking, why don't you just go ahead and give me the tongue lashing that I know is coming after the hockey game last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you're lightning the pretenders that they are thinking that they were one of the best offensive teams in the league. In fact, I think they led the league in goals scored this year, almost four goals per game. Guess what. Welcome to the Florida Panthers, and there they're dominating defense. They shut out the Lightning last night to uh to nil. They take a two to zero lead in the series. Please don't say nil in hockey. It's over. It's over. Wow, they win two games in Tampa See. You wouldn't want to be Lightning. Oh, listen to he's such a little terror. He's like he's becoming a very mean and aggressive dog. Pat, by the way, Solar Bears in the playoff too. I said, if Pat's gonna talk about a team that you know is kind of plodding along. Now we gotta hit our bears. Let's go Bears. That's it all right? Uh bulldog? NFL Draft last night? About my Jags, that's unreal. How about my Jags? They move up three spots, they trade up with the Cleveland Browns. They get Travis Hunter, the Heisman Trophy winner, the Bogo as I call him, by one get one. They got the best wide receiver in the draft. They got the best cover corner in the draft. This guy is. This makes the Jaguars. They go from maybe the most irrelevant franchise in the league to the most interesting next season. Everybody wants to see what Travis Hunter is gonna do. Is he gonna play both ways? Is he gonna be the first full time NFL both ways players since Chuck Bednarik back in the sixties. For crying out loud, this is fascinating to me. I love what the Jaguars did.
Speaker 1: I told that this morning. I said, how do you feel about it? I mentioned that, dude, I think it's great.
Speaker 2: They obviously gave up a lot to get him, and then Hunter himself, it seems, was quite pleased that the Jags had both the offensive and defensive coordinator on the phone with him.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 2: However, if you read what was said, it looks like offense will be the first priority, and then they'll they'll try to start to work him in on defense once he learns the system.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Hey, I've got a little bulldog bite prediction for you. By twenty twenty seven, Travis Hunter will be the NFL's first full time two way player. He will be the league's premier superstar, and the Jaguars will be on their way to the super Bowl while playing the season right here in Orlando at Camping World State. That would be my twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's by twenty twenty seven. When did you tell Tebow that you're a two way player? Was that in twenty nineteen? Right now?
Speaker 3: All right, where are we going from here? I didn't like the I did not like the pick of your Dolphins taking defensive tackle Kenneth Grant. It doesn't mischief, it doesn't matter who they pick. Yeah, Chris Greers, he's a boob in my opinion. Matter. They needed a cornerback the Buccaneers, By the way, that was a good tip.
Speaker 2: I thought the Bucks pick was good.
Speaker 3: Well, they get a wide receiver, a Mecca Eggbuka from Ohio State, who's a good wide receiver. But did the Bucks really need a wide receiver? Quite frankly, I mean they have one of the best wide receiving courts in the in the league with Mike Evans Chris Godwin. But hey, I guess you could never have too much talent. And I'm not going to question the Buccaneers and they're GM todd like because he's you know, he's obviously been a draft guru over the years, So I'll give him the ben fitted a doubt. I will not give your Dolphins.
Speaker 2: How about Shador Sanders falling out of the first round completely Jackson Dart gets taken before he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm somewhat surprised, although you heard going into the draft that Shador Sanders was falling. I hate to say it, but I think it's the dum factor.
Speaker 1: We all know if TACs the same theory, he brings a lot of baggage, which that goes on as kid.
Speaker 3: I think, well, it's not just it's not just that, but NFL coaches don't want to deal with little league dads, the ultimate little league dad. Yeah, hence baggage. Yeah, so we're talking about so, yeah, Schador Sanders. Cam Ward Mimmy Hurricanes quarterback. He goes number one in the draft to the Tennessee Titans. Pen You want to talk about a great story. This guy was a no star recruit coming out of high school, nobody wanted the and now he's the number one overall pick in the draft. So yeah, good for cam Ward. Wow. By the way, big story that I know people aren't taking the Orlando baseball effort seriously, but we need to start taking this seriously. I'm telling you the Orlando Dreamers, which is the organization you know that has a bunch of investors, they announced yesterday go read my story at the Sentinel. They announced yesterday that they have raised one point five billion, not million, one point five billion dollars to lure the Rays over to Orlando. With that one point five billion, obviously would go to their part of a potential baseball stadium and also to lure the team over here. So this is getting serious and people are starting to take notice. Governor Ron DeSantis is taking notice. Local politicians i'm hearing are taking notice, and the Tampa Bay Rays are certainly taking notice because they can't get a stadium built over there. So we'll see what happens. Go read the story.
Speaker 2: All right, Magic got to climb out of a hole themselves. They got Game three.
Speaker 3: Home tonight, yep, tonight at Kia Center. They're down two.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: We don't know if Jason Tatum, the Celtics best player, is gonna play. He didn't play in game two. I'm actually not that pessimistic about the Magic, despite the two losses in Boston things they're actually, in my opinion, trending the right way. They held Boston's high scoring offense under one hundred and ten points both games. Usually Boston loses when they score less than one hundred and ten. The Magic cannot continue Kentavious callwell, Pope cannot continue to be as bad as he's been on the offensive side. I think the Magic win the game tonight and then you Magic fans will have a whole new outlook. And did you see them?
Speaker 1: Do you see the interviews with all the players yesterday? They also I'm sure the coach drill it in their head, but they all said the same thing. Boston did what they had to do in their in their arena. Now we need to do what we need to do.
Speaker 3: I like this. Let me guess They also said the playoffs don't start.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that far, but I'm wearing my magic shirt, the new one I got your dog.
Speaker 2: I heard all right, Hey, we're going race in Talladega this weekend Bulldog Cup Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think watch out for Kyle Larson.
Speaker 2: That's a really unexpected pick from you, Bulldog No F one desk this week as they're making their way to South Florida for next weekends Crypto Miami Grand Prix, Crypto dot Com Miami Grand Prix.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great one unless you're driving down to Miami and stuck in that traffic.
Speaker 2: As I have been. All Right, Doggie. Thanks has always been for taking time out of your show on AM seven ninety six to ninety Game where he hosts Opened Mike to join us for the sports page here on jr R each morning.
Speaker 3: No Burt days today. I forgot to look them up.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, Rock Station, what a one one Your