Speaker 1: It's always a good day when we have Eldercare in the studio and if the sun is shining, and I guess that that might be a pretty good omen here as we're getting ready to talk about the good the bad barbecue. How are we doing, kid?
Speaker 2: Fantastic?
Speaker 1: Tom doing great. We've got Julie and we've got Michael in studio here today. And boy, I tell you what, that son popping out just changes the mood like bad.
Speaker 3: I was so happy to see that this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness sakes, how are we doing on tickets? And we are we sold out yet? Oh?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you we're close?
Speaker 1: Uh wait, you better wait.
Speaker 4: I mean we will sell tickets up until the day of the event. You can get tickets and go to the website, which.
Speaker 1: Is www dot about Eldercare dot org, forward slash ord slash bb BBQ.
Speaker 2: Wow, Tom, so we will one in a row.
Speaker 4: That's one, but the w's that's the fun part of saying that. Yeah, we'll sell tickets up until the event. You know, we generally sell out around seven to fifty eight hundred people. We're creeping up to that. We've set on social media. We're at a low ticket alert and they just added more tables yesterday. Nice because we're filling up that tent fast. So reserve tables are one thousand dollars, and that guarantees that you have a reserve table for you and your guest. You know, if you're a business owner and you want to treat some people that you work with, or treat some of your vendors to a great night out, buy a table for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's reserved.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars ticket get you in at four thirty for the VIP Patron party. And that's a pretty fantastic fun time catered by the eatery Andy Saltsman and her crew are putting together. I don't remember well things I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't even pronounce fabulous, like platter of major orders, I can't even pronounce it.
Speaker 2: It's a platter of deliciousness.
Speaker 1: Has a hand, he has a hand. It's delicious.
Speaker 3: And your chef, I mean, they're outstanding. We're so thankful for them. And we'll have some adult beverages there. We're gonna have a Prairie punch and some other things. So we'll get the party started at four point thirty for our patron. So it's a good time and you get to see the huge family home. Yeah, and it's outstanding. They have an art collection and just they're welcoming us out of their ranch. We're so thankful to Robert and it's it's the setting that we want for this event.
Speaker 1: Great. So we get to tour the house. Got a Clible wagon.
Speaker 4: Up absolutely, and you'll get first look at some of that live or the silent auction things.
Speaker 2: If you come to that patron party, if you buy that ticket, or if.
Speaker 4: You're on that guest list already, you know, you can always kind of wander down and kind of check out things that are going on before we open the gate wide open it six o'clock to get everyone in the door.
Speaker 1: So we've got that big chen. We know that the silence and the auction items are there.
Speaker 3: Silent auctions items are in the tent. We've got some great I mean, we've got John loom Lin Bloom's planing painting, We've got jewelry, we've got experiences, we got a Bungee Fitness, we've got SPA packages, We've got you know, so many things that the community has been so gracious to give and so many experiences that we're ready for the people who win those to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but oh the live auction Buddy.
Speaker 1: Bus Why Okay, it gets hilarious is what it gets.
Speaker 3: Well. Rick Rhymer is our auctioneer and he came in last year and it's just out sandy. It is part of the fun of the evening. And we've got twelve items plus something. We're just gonna kick it off with that. Not everybody will even know, but we've got experiences at Wool of Rock. We have a Smoke and Sizzle experience. Michael came up with that name. And you want to tell a little bit about.
Speaker 2: That one Smoke and Sizzle that is.
Speaker 4: That's a steak dinner for eight that is being donated by Aaron and Darcy Ford of Das Design Works.
Speaker 2: It will be out at their place.
Speaker 4: They're out on I believe twenty four hundred twenty two hundred road out there.
Speaker 2: Four course meal. Each meal or each course.
Speaker 4: Will be paired with a wine or a port and then it's prime rib that Aaron is going to have shipped in. Its muscles are part of the appetizer being flown in and then after dinner will be Cuban cigars and based upon how high this sells for it's different bourbons that will be available up to a twelve year old Pappy van Lincoln.
Speaker 2: So anyone who knows about their whiskey, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you're gonna want to sit out under the stars out up there and smoking sizzle. I mean, that's an outstanding package. And can I tell my favorite? Yeah, oh absolutely, Oh my goodness. We made a trip over to Pasca. That community is very supportive as well. And Cody and Lauren Garnette that owned the Bucking Flamingo. Oh my gosh. It is the turquoise capital.
Speaker 2: Of the.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: And they said that they would give us a piece for our live auction. And I'm not talking just a small necklace. No, no, I'm talking it's.
Speaker 2: Like the breastplate of right.
Speaker 3: It is a it is so heavy. Marie and I have both worn it and it's a stunner. It is a Western tasseled necklace and a pair of earrings. It has to weigh twelve pounds. I mean it's gorgeous. So you will be draped into turquoids. That's funny, guys.
Speaker 2: You have a very strong neck every time. It is it istacular.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like it. I mean, if you show up in that, it's a.
Speaker 1: Stunner, like, yeah, everybody's looking.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And they have the Ben Johnson Museum over there. So we're gonna do a night at the museum for ten people who can go in and they're gonna have a custom guided tour of the museum. And if you haven't been in there, it's nice. I mean, it ranks right up there with some of the best museums I've seen around the country. And Lauren's going to take you through and tell all the stories. They're so personal and they're amazing.
Speaker 2: She's passionate when she walks you through there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's incredible. And then we're going to serve from our chef, Pam Elder care some or dirbs and some drinks. So a night at the museum for ten people is going to be a fantastic thing too.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, Now, that's just the tip of the Iceberger.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the tip. I mean, McCoy's has a six carrot blue topeas and diamond ring that they've given us to mean, I'm telling you the live auction. I hope there are numbers flying people laughing and that, and the bidding just keeps going up and up, because it will be probably one of the highlights of the event outside of mingling and just having a good time with everybody. And Rick's ready. Rick and his sons get out there and they're normally catalouctioneers, but they dress up. They join us at the patron party, they kick it off and it's all business. Get that number ready, people, because we're we're going to have a good time and we're going to raise you know, we're going to raise some good, good money for elder care by doing all these things.
Speaker 1: One thing is really really kind of cool if it's one of the ones that you really really really really got to have. There's bidding wars.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a witness some of those is So to participate is even better. Yeah, absolutely, because you're having fun doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, the firefighters are given a Latin inspired taco night at the main station and that sold twice last year. It was it was purchased and given back for and I mean it was one of the top items we had. Wouldn't that be fun to sit at the at the main station and let them cook and just kind of hear the stories and behind the scenes, and they've been very generous for the past few years. Of course, our firefighters always.
Speaker 4: Are, so you mentioned that they, Uh, auction is it's business. You know, it's business. So after we get down to business, we'll get back to the business of getting down. Got Christiansen playing some music for us and there'll be some dancing and so Luke is a fantastic country.
Speaker 2: Artist out of pa Huska.
Speaker 4: His brother was just named the Bartswall High School new basketball plash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, it's we're excited to.
Speaker 4: Have Luke and his band there and they're going to play some music for us and everyone can dance under the tent under the stars.
Speaker 2: It'd be great night.
Speaker 1: You're kind of lucky you got him on the night because he's been playing a.
Speaker 2: Lot, plays a lot lot, he plays a lot, and.
Speaker 1: You guys were able to snag him for a Saturday night.
Speaker 3: We snagged those early.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We started playing way back in October, and we expanded our dance floor last year and it is ready to go for Luke and some of us will kick off our boots and like you said, we'll get down after we've done a little business.
Speaker 2: Can I thank some of our sponsors, Tom.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, I would shame you if you didn't.
Speaker 4: So we could not do the good and the bad and the barbecue, which really is it is the premiere fundraising event for Eldercare, and I'd be remiss if I did not for a moment say, you know, Eldercare is there as the resource in this area for all of us to age gracefully and to age with dignity and independently at home for as long as possible.
Speaker 2: So we are I mean, that's what this is all about. It's fun. We want to have fun.
Speaker 4: We want to raise a lot of money, specifically to support the services that Eldercare has.
Speaker 2: And we couldn't do it without our sponsors.
Speaker 4: And I'm just going to mention our presenting in our premium sponsors. We also have Prime and Choice sponsors, but our presenting sponsors this year at the barbecue ur Conico, Phillips Diversified Systems Resources, Elizabeth Kin and Kane Cattle Company, Phillips sixty six, Trudy Credit Union, DINKX Pitt Barbecue, and then K one Radio and K one Outdoors.
Speaker 2: Those are our presenting sponsors so good to us.
Speaker 4: And then our premium sponsors, that's the Richardson Foundation, it's our best wealth management bank, First Tulsa, Bill Knight Ford of Bartlesville, Jane Phillips Medical Center, Gateway First Bank and Gateway Private Wealth, and then the Ks Adams Foundation, and then Skyway Honda. So I gratefully to all of our sponsors, but I really want to highlight presenting in premium sponsors today.
Speaker 3: We've got the best of the best in our community and they know the value of elder care and we're so thankful to them, and we'll be out there having a good time. And again, we couldn't do it without them, and it just makes a statement of how much the community believes in what elder care does.
Speaker 1: And remember, folks, that we've already put out these alert the low ticket.
Speaker 2: Low tickets.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 1: We've only got a few left, so snag them while you can't. I would get that done in the next thirty six to forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: We would love that. We would love to know that you're coming. Yeah, but again, if you decide last minute, and it's a great place to take your mom, take your wife from Mother's Day weekend. It it's always Mother's Day weekend, rain or shine, and so we'll be doing this till I guess till the cows come home.
Speaker 1: We could actually do that too. Speaking of that, I was just telling Michael that we actually sat with some people and their moms. Yes, that was like their treat for mothers.
Speaker 3: It's a fantastic gift. It's a fantastic gift.
Speaker 1: They brought mom along and all the moms had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: They have more.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no better gift than an experience. And you will have quite the experience of the good, the bad, and barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're going to see a lot of folks that you know, you're going to probably see some folks you haven't seen in a while. We've got to read new acquaintances. By God, like, it's good to see you, and it's it's a great time to all come together for.
Speaker 3: A great Absolutely it is. It is. And if there's anything you want to take home at the end of the night, we'll pack it up for you. We'll deliver some of the items that we've got, like the barbecue, and or you can take a trip if you've been on it. The trip to Nashville for the Operate hundred, one hundred year anniversary, so you know, the party continues.
Speaker 1: The part is that the auctions.
Speaker 3: You're going to the Music City and going to the Grand it's there one hundred the anniversary. You get to go for three nights. And we're not just talking we're not just talking a regular hotel. We're talking about.
Speaker 2: Lush and plush, and they'll keep the lights on.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna you're gonna want to experience the operation.
Speaker 1: I'd like to go again, so I'm probably gonna get there.
Speaker 3: You go, get your bidnesss on. We want to have you out there.
Speaker 1: Again. What's the website so we can.
Speaker 4: W www dot about Eldercare dot org, forward slash BDq, or you can just call nine one eight three three six eight five zero zero and get tickets either way.
Speaker 3: And you can walk in the door.
Speaker 2: You can look, we'll take care of you.
Speaker 3: Get those sliding doors open and tell them you want a ticket. The bull and the and the flowers are sitting right there. They'll give you. You know, they'll take care of you right there at the door. Elder Care. And some people prefer to do that. Some people want to write a check. H yeah, you can do I mean we can definitely do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we're not good snoody.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. We want our best Western attire on next weekend. You know, we're just a few days away, and the committee has worked so diligently and so hard, and it's just going to be another amazing time.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I'll see you there because I'm going to be we can't wait. All right, folks, You've been watching and listening to our community connection