Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Ben and Skin Show, nice one point one the Eagle. It is a very snowy, snowy day. We're broadcasting from the crib all four of us, Me, Ben, KT and Christina, and we anticipate we will do so tomorrow. Of course, stay tuned to your local news for all changes and updates, school closings, road conditions, things like that. One of the big announcements is that the MAVs and the NBA have moved up their tip time to start at six point thirty, which means it's six o'clock. We'll have pregame here on the Eagle. We are the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball and we're the home of Rollertown Beer Works. Why because they sponsor this segment. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina, Texas. And you're probably not getting out and about today. That makes a lot of sense. But good news for you. Is it Rollertown beer Works? Is it all kinds of different grocery stores and average chains all across the community. Here we have places like HB Total Wine and more goodie goodie select Kroger stores. If you are venturing down to the game. Tonight, we have the big German at the American Airline Center. I don't know if Hero or if the chop shops open, but they're right there. They carry the big German as well. And then we want you to know at the end of this month, we're going to have a big fun party the last Thursday of the month, KT's Atomic Music Bomb Trivia.
Speaker 2: That'll be a lot of fun. That'll be a big event.
Speaker 1: So it's a great place to be. I know it's going to dry out this weekend. Head up to Rollertown this weekend and have some fun. All right, Let's end today's segment with the big finish. And here to guide us through the wilderness is Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I saw this, and I know it's a little bit past Christmas, but because it's snowing today, I thought we could do this. This is something I saw over the break and was kind of sitting on a little bit. But it's the gifts that quarterbacks got their offensive linemen. So I'm very fascinated. What is the highest paid player on the team, Get all the guys who protects him, and.
Speaker 3: You find out how cool some of these guys are.
Speaker 4: And sometimes you find out that these guys are just big dorks and kind of lazy with their gifts.
Speaker 3: It's always enjoy this. We've seen this a million times.
Speaker 4: We've seen you know, I remember Romo got the guys the scooters, the golf carts.
Speaker 3: I just got the guys. There's always an ATV involved.
Speaker 1: This is actually a lot like you know, our highest priced guy and our quarterback is Ben, And this is a lot like when Ben got the three of us personalized coffee mugs of our favorite bands yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on me since I make significantly more money than all of you guys combined, to do some sort of a gift. And I thought some you know, some coffee mugs that celebrate the bands you guys are into, would just do the trick.
Speaker 3: Maybe want to go block for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 5: But Luca just did this for all of his MAVs teammates. He got them scooters to your there's all these little vehicles involved. But he I was like, how are a bunch of seven footers gonna get little, you know, go karts?
Speaker 2: But he did it.
Speaker 1: Did you see the footage of Derek Lively the second riding his ben.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know how you found a go kart that fits a seven foot two guy.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. His knees were above his wild hair. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: So our first gift, and this is ranked number one in my estimation. It's the legend Joe Burrow, who's the coolest guy around? So Joe Burrow of the Bengals. He asked his lineman what they wanted, and some of them said guns, So he started so he started going, well, what's the coolest weapon?
Speaker 3: So he said, instead of buying a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Guns and bringing them up to the locker room, he went and got them samurai swords. Oh my god, bought authentic Japanese katana swords. In each sword had a unique backstory of a town or a battle. And then he lined them up in the room and just let him pick and then he got sacks seven times in the next game.
Speaker 6: Was there one signed by Randy Jackson or no, because if you.
Speaker 3: See Randy Jackson, you're not not gonna ask him.
Speaker 1: That would have been amazing if each one of those by Randy Jackson, Yeah, that would have been next level.
Speaker 5: But that is a cool gift. And uh, I do think I do like him. Like when I just see the way he's dressed and the way his hair looks, I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then when I hear Troy Aikman talk about how he's one of his favorite football players in the history of the world, I'm like, Okay, wait a second, and dude, he may be the best quarterback in the league, you know, so that's pretty cool and thoughtful.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 2: He is an MVP caliber guy.
Speaker 1: Uh And I love the idea too, of Like, so if you, if you wanted to tie it into the job, you could get all these guys personalized specially fitted condoms. Yeah, oh yeah, that are that have like special designs on him or you know, something for each guy in honor of protection.
Speaker 3: That is a good idea.
Speaker 4: Actually, maybe there's some pancakes on their you know, design of pancakes for their pancake blocks. The forty nine ers are in quite a quagmire here because brock Party has half an arm, and it's his non throwing arm. His left arm's fine, his right arm is just all inflamed. It's real terrible. They're saying that they want to go get a contract done with him quick. They don't want to wait till the deadline like the Cowboys did with Dak But brock Party was the last pick in the draft one year he was mister Irrelevant, so he doesn't have any money. But he has a sponsorship deal with Toyota, and he gave each of his offensive linemen a Toyota Sequoia or a Toyota Tundra one of their choices.
Speaker 3: Wow, dang.
Speaker 1: Now they uh not to be cynical, but they have to pay taxes on that, right.
Speaker 2: I would assume gifted a car, you have to pay taxes on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the offensive lineman all make more than brock Party, so really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't know maybe they would they would they want a Toyota.
Speaker 2: I mean, you wouldn't say no, Yeah, you can give it to a family member.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's you.
Speaker 5: You get to the practice parking lot is like, hey, let me see here Sequoia and they're like, I gave it to my U, my brother's wife.
Speaker 3: It's kind of awkward.
Speaker 1: It's it's a getting customized. I'm gonna I should get it back after the season.
Speaker 4: The Jets are in play here and now their quarterback Aaron Rodgers, known for yelling at his lineman when a free rusher gets through, for yelling at his wide receivers when he won hops one into their shins. But he had a tailor come in and measure the lineman for a custom tom Ford suit that they can wear with their new tom Ford glasses and tom Ford cologne. And then he got them a Louis Vuton passport holder.
Speaker 6: So is he sponsored by tom Ford?
Speaker 5: Why why didn't tom Ford make passport holders?
Speaker 4: It's very weird, right, I mean it's like, I mean, he's been doing this for a long time, but he barely knows these guys now.
Speaker 3: Jared Goff took a shot at rock Purdy.
Speaker 4: He said, it's hard when you got guys giving out Toyota trucks to try to keep up with that. So I got my guys a nice YETI package with a ton of WAGU steaks and beef in it.
Speaker 3: I hope they like it. Oh that's good, is it? I mean it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Comparatively to the guy who makes way less than you, getting actual cars kind of comes off like a cheap skate if you asked.
Speaker 5: Me, maybe, But I think NFL lineman is more likely going to want a giant, expensive cooler full of expensive wagu beef than a Toyota Corolla.
Speaker 6: And there's no beef tax either to worry about, right right.
Speaker 1: I'm with with Ben on this too, though, because most of these guys make pretty good money and so getting them gifts is not always you know, they can get themselves whatever they want and like to Ben's point, may not want a Toyota truck, but they will eat that expensive beef and that ye will get used skin.
Speaker 3: You always said. The beef tax is when they walk funny after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gota make sure you don't walk right for a week. Ros Hey, I'm just talking about Bad Santa.
Speaker 2: It's a great.
Speaker 6: Movie, dude, Billy Bob Thornton is amazing in Land Man. Everything he says is hilarious. Thank you, Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 3: You're watching it as a comedy, right.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, because it's really dumb.
Speaker 2: I'm watching it right now.
Speaker 4: Mister Unlimited, the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. You guys know, mister unlimited Russell Wilson one of the biggest cornballs in all of human history. Really, he got his offensive lineman a ten thousand dollars gift card for an Airbnb that can be used worldwide. He got them a black and yellow Louisviton Duffel bag, and then he got them all a bottle of his wife's rum. So Sierra has a rum company apparently, so he just brought that up there to throw that around.
Speaker 3: Pretty creative. The Airbnb gift card. That's good.
Speaker 2: How often do you guys drink rum? I like rum.
Speaker 5: I went through a big vanilla rum phase. It made me feel like I was on vacation. I liked the coconut smell and the vanilla smell. So I'll do I'll do some rum.
Speaker 1: I remember that time period where you always smelled like coconut.
Speaker 6: I loved drum in college, but yeah, I probably haven't had it in ten years now.
Speaker 3: I thought, that's good.
Speaker 4: If I've been to a beach, yeah, where they just have frozen drinks like at you know, a place like that.
Speaker 3: I've only done that once too, So drink my tie.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes, you got him a red Yetti cooler with a Rolex watch, Oakley sunglasses, lou Casey boots.
Speaker 3: Come on, Patrick, you make more than anyone. Step it up right when I watch.
Speaker 6: That watch is pretty expensive right.
Speaker 5: I mean that's nice, but he probably has deals with all of them.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: This is like if I gave you guys a discount on your Frankel and Frankel your next lawsuit and got you some lux Ice crystal clear spears from lux Ice, and you know, all right, but all those things would be great, but you'd know that I had an end with them and probably didn't pay full price, like I paid full price for those incredibly expensive coffee mugs.
Speaker 1: I think like the other thing about this though, and they just can't publicize it because of the implication. But I think the main thing he gives those guys is, hey, man, I promise you won't have to deal with my wife this year.
Speaker 4: He said that they went and won all his games to make sure they got the bye week so they could have another baby, because she's pregnant.
Speaker 3: She's always pregnant. There's a hundred little Patrick turn around the last one. And this is just a good guy here.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jones went over to the Vikings, right, He's like, yeah, they're back up now, but he's still got all of his giants, Lineman a big limited edition bottle of tequila.
Speaker 3: He's like, I know the team cut me and I'm not there anymore. But that was nice.
Speaker 4: At Christmas time, he hadn't been there in three months, and he sent them all a big, nice nineteen thousand dollars bottle of tequila nineteen brand.
Speaker 3: You know, good guy Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: That's the brand, good guy Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good guy Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: Brown did he followed up with good guy Daniel's.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, classe azul tequila.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's they been that Nick and Sam's birthday party. They had that in the back. Not not the Daniel, not the good guy Daniel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had that in the back. It was delicious.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well there was somebody there, an investor in that too, maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay. As for Dak, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't see what he got his guys. I don't know if that got out there or anything. I don't know if you all saw, but uh, you know, there we go, there's your there's your gifts.
Speaker 2: All right, good job. Kat.
Speaker 1: We suspect tomorrow's show will be similar to today's. We think we'll be at the crib doing it live with the modern technology. But as always, keep it locked right here. Ninety seven point one k e g L the Eagle