Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines podcast, where recover anything in ever you can to do with the Marvel Universe from the comics, TV and movies. We go from verse six one six to the Mojo Verse to Hell's Kitchen in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you. I'm the man without here Chris on the Nerd with mouth. David the Lines a symbol volume two hundred and ninety one and we've got to count them. Two episodes of Daredevil Born Again season two. So usually you get the you get the double hitter at the beginning. Well, they threw it up a little bit and uh changed it up and do episodes two and three, which you know, upon watching it it made sense.
Speaker 2: So yeah, in retrospect it it it flows nicely, but at the time, yeah, it was like, oh why are they doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah so uh yeah, uh so, David, how have you been this week?
Speaker 2: I have been on spring break and I have not been breaking. I have been doing stuff all day every day, so I haven't really got to enjoy it other than some walks to enjoy a couple of days of sunshine.
Speaker 1: How about yourself, Yeah, it's been a full moon week in the land. Of education. So I'm just gonna leave it at that, very tired. If I don't sound as chipper as they usually do, it's because burning the candle on both ends. But at the beginning of the week my kids have usually they have one event, one between each of them. One has my son has as you met, my daughter has dance on Monday's sun as taekwondo on Tuesdays. Well they have those still, but then because of the Easter weekend, they from the usually have soccer games, they moved all games to during the week. So then we had dance at soccer on one night, then we had taekwondo in soccer on one night, and then my AC gave out on me, so I've had to repair and replace that. Being on the phone with repair companies is not fund so top of work, top of everything else. So I'm very tired, very tired, and my my let's just call it the I'm don't my patience is this thin right now. It's like it's it's right on the edge. And the benefit right now of having a four day weekend is just like, hey, I have a little bit of a break to recover, and I'm gonna need it. Got some work to do. I'll probably hopefully knock out a good chunk of it to night on my weekends, not spending working. But I'm here because I'm here for you, you, the people, and Daredevil.
Speaker 2: That's what we do it for.
Speaker 1: Yep. So all right, so we've, like I said, we all we had said we were unless something huge dropped news wise, while we're going to be doing is daredable Board again tonight, and that's what all we're going to be talking about both episodes. So before we break those down, let's talk about all the lovely network plugs. We are part of the Gee Cultimate Aliance Network with six shows coming the wide range of geek and nerdom. Just to seie a full schedule, check out the show and it's blown, and subscribe to the Gegltipated Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers our tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar tier with ad for episodes, early access episode and Patreonic schools, some shows. We have a couple of shows in the back catalog there for the patrons. We got we can watch this all day, the Marvel Lines, Infinnity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we rewatched our favorite films from the Fox Arab X Men, and then the backs to broadcast the Fantastic Four retro film reviews. Then DC Alliance guys has got their DC films through the years. Joe's got his Dizzy dives on his Multiverse minutes looking at every single animated classic in the Disney catalog in chronologic order. His most recent release is Mulan. And then we've got lots of back contents. We want to thank our patriots. We cannot do this is not your support. But if you're not a member of our Patreon, totally understand. But if you can, if you're interested in join, go to www dot patreon dot com backlast gua network and so you can join the Gieglesman Alliance on Patreon. And then if you cannot do that, it may be take by thirty ninety seconds to rate and reviews on Apple podcast, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor are getting price books. It's gonna be panel Bound Comics dot Com for Omnibus Hardcover collect Edition Needs one of these days. I'm just gonna get it finally, right, It's only it's only been almost a year. Panel Bound Comics dot Com for Omnibus Hardcover collect Edition Needs at JP the crew at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate package and ships around the world. Got some great omnies and epic collections for you with Ghostwriter and Omni Format by Benjamin Pearson, Silver Surf for the Infinity Gauntlet, we got the Agecurricoa the by Karin Gillen Omnibus. So we've got two codes for you to use. Use that code Marvel Gua at checkout to get two to us off every single order, or use that Coude m GUA set for five percent off when you order four or more books together. We want to let them know you're listening. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, So, like we said, we got two episodes of break Down tonight, so we'll spend the first half going down with episode two, in the next half with episode three. So episode two is entitled Shoot to the Moon. So what did you think about what do you well, let's just not we're not gonna talk about, but like one episode of time, what did you think about both episodes?
Speaker 2: High level thoughts is Episode two again, was it was a slower paced episode, a lot more building up, and like the trade rumors have been, and some other people said Bade Davis and some others that by the end of episode three they kick the door down and just go for it. They are absolutely right there. It feels like a rollercoaster. How you have that that slow build up, then you take that turn and then it's just one hundred miles prior from there. And that's kind of what this felt like. Was we were at the end of the Rising Ascension and we were making that corner and then they just kicked it up. The chemistry between Matt and Karen feels a lot stronger and just a lot more natural than I felt like it had been even in the Netflix series. So I'm liking what's going on there, and just so many parallels to not only our own society, but just things in general with this world to think about. I think that they were just two really good episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems to be we're at a point where, you know, fisk is, he's at as a height and I can kind of see this might be Karen and Foggy reed. I don't Karen. Karen and Matt seemed to be realizing that they can make big what they think is gonna be a big dent, and then this makes a turn on them that they weren't expecting, or you know, they feel like the public's gonna be on their side. The public's not as much in their side as they thought they were gonna be. And I sense, if not by episode four, definitely by episode five, we're gonna see kind of the tables start turning in Matt and Karen's favor. Maybe they have to change their tactics, maybe they get some new allies with them that they weren't expecting. I mean, I'm probably I would probably gather to say that by episode four or five, we should see hopefully the return of Jessica Jones. You know, I think this is where we're gonna start seeing those kind of moving towards tipping the scales towards Matt and Karen. But right now I think they're out their lowest point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, like I said, it's it's at a point now where it feels like they are about to just go full steam ahead. And I'm I'm so happy where this block of shows ended and where we're going next.
Speaker 1: Yep. All right, So we're gonna get into a spoiler territory now. So if you have not seen either episode, bow out to watch the episodes, come on back. But if you don't care if be spoiled, here we go in three to one. So the episode open shortly after the violent confrontation from episode one. Darville stands on the rooftop watching paramedics remove the bodies from the anti Vigilanti task force that were killed during the attack, still holding a knife that bowls I threw into the room with one end card with the words you're welcome, and Matt Tresdenerson. Why Benjamin Poindexter intervened, You know, he does see Cherry get taken out. I don't think we know if Cherry lived or died. I think we're under the impression that he is still like hanging on for deal life, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was alive when they were loading him into the ambulance. Now, how his status once he makes it to Metro General, that's a whole different story. But he was at least, you know, the paramedics had him at a point where he was at least stable enough for transport.
Speaker 1: Yep, bulls, I had a clear shot at him. But Joe's deliminated the Task Force agents because again he knows they're tied to Fisk. And he's basically saying the enemy of the enemy as an enemy of my enemy as my friend right now. So that's where he's I think he's at. And we'll later see point Xter appeer inside of church asking for Sister Maggie, only to learn that she is currently in Rome. He's claiming he needs absolution for the betrayals he committed. He speaks with the church worker explains he cannot formally hear confessions, yet Bourdexter seems unconcerned, revealing a quiet menace that suggest he may have darker intentions. So he's looking for very specific sister Maggie. We know who sister Maggie is. Matt knows whose sister Maggie is. David, who is sister Maggie.
Speaker 2: Sister Maggie if you have not watched the Netflix version of this, was a nun within the church that he visited and frequented. A little bit deeper than that, Sister Maggie is Matt's mom who walked away from the family to join the nunnery. So she helped him out in previous seasons, helped him free yep, yep, helped him recover after the fall of the Plaza that happened in Defenders, helped him out in season three, and so yeah, that is his mom. So so far she has not made a return for Daredevil Born Again. She is off on sabbatical yep.
Speaker 1: So I did not first see her coming, but it was a nice tip of the hat there. And more like, what is Poindexter's game? Does he really demand absolution or is he just trying to find a way to screw with Matt? So we don't know yet. Elsewhere, we get learning that the disaster involved in the Task Force Agents in Hell's Kitchen. Four officers are now confirmed dead, and Daredevil escaped the confrontation. However, the detail that catches Fists attention is the presence of someone with exceptional aim. He mutilarizes who it must be none of than pointexter. The news triggers are very violent outbursts from Fisk as he's training for his upcoming fight and his barring partner is trying to get him to pay attention. Says he can't have this break for Tom. We gotta get you ready. Well, he just just cold punches him and just like whoops him right into the mirror. Don't know if he lives, don't know if he's dead. He's in a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: If he's still alive, though, Yeah, he legitimately knocked this man across the room with one punch through the mirror. I'm like that that was a devastating blow. But I mean, the guy had to know this was the wrong time to start poking the bear with Fisk and tell him, hey, got to get back on track. Just my man's aggravated, Leave him alone for a second, let him catch his breath. But nope, you chose the wrong time and he caught that violence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this starts getting ready to do a press like basically not necessary a press conference, but a video about what's going on, and you've got his his little lackey's trying to encourage him to basically reveal Matts Matt's identity, that Matt is Daredevil, and he's he ends up when he's making the announcement, he's you think that one second, Matt Murdock is a hero. He refused to reveal the identity. He believes exposing who Matt really is would weaken the political narrative in his building into the public. Daredevil must remain dangerous, vigilanting, not a blind lawyer who once saved the mayor's life, in which he points that out in that in that kind of not you know the video to the you know, the public of what's going on, he says, he needs you to find mister Murdoch. He may be in trouble. You know, you saved my life. We haven't seen him since, you know, the Daredevil could have taken him. He's got this bullseye character. He is putting a basically all points bulletin ever looking for Matt Murdoch and trying to kind of flush Matt out so that way, if everyone's looking for him, he'll he'll be able to find him in turn, and no one will be the wiser of why he's really doing this. Now we didn't get an interesting thing dry outside of this. Uh this video being filmed is Cole North returns wanted to be back on the task Force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, face all messed up from previous encounters and everything, but he wants back in. He believes in the mission and wants to continue. So uh this this man had for those watches of season one. He's gonna piss a lot of people off having him back, especially after what happened to the White Tiger in season one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Fist Consultants can further. While he's consulating his power, Matt and camer regroup at their hideout, carries in the hospital, still trying to recover and trying to stay alive. At that point, they realize this is crackdown is escalating, So their next lead involves the first mate of the Northern Star cargo ship. They can locate her, she might be able to prove that fisk As was smuggling weapons through the port. So again, they're all trying to trace these weapons back to Fist. That's the key. That's the key they gotta find. So Matt and Karen begin survailing shipping docks. At first, the cargo appears to be harmless, containing things like diapers instead of weapons. But Matt knows this operation is much more complicated than the seams. If the weapons are moved into Red Hook, they could disappear completely or be thrown out throughout the whole streets. Really, the opportunity may be slipping away. Mack concludes that he must have to infiltrate the port himself, even if it means walking straight into fits territory. That is I mean, again, I'm not doubting Matt's billy, but that's a one man army, you know that it's almost like that that seems like suicide mission to me.
Speaker 2: That's bold move, bold move.
Speaker 1: So in that you know, you know, we already talked about like the recorded message, like it's just it's just so, you know, we get down and fist. But he really is calculating going to that whole idea of trying to get the public to still be on against Daredevil, but also trying to find Matt and continue painting the hero. Even that knowledge. I mean, that's in some part, don't you think that's got to eat away at Fisk, that he can't just be out with it. You know, some part of me just it's hard for me to believe that he actually still enjoys like just holding on to that. It's almost like if he releases it, it's the one chip he can't He wants to play, but he almost he basically he can't play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could tell when he was talking to Buck Cashman that like he wants to it's a good idea, but like it's gonna backfire. This isn't like a Joker in Batman scenario where it's just I have the information and it's fun to like it's fun for me. For him, it's like I have the information, I want to use it in my favor, but right now it serves me no purpose, Like it would be detrimental to the image that I'm trying to portray what I'm trying to do with the Task Force and everything else to release this information. So I have to hold on to it as much as I just want to out you and ruin your life one more time. Uh, it's you know you, Like I said, you separate it. You make it so that it's again he's a puppetearity. He thinks he's controlling everything. He wants to control all the aspects to contain him and make sure that wherever he's trying to hide, just keep on squeezing. So meanwhile, inside City Hall, attentions grows as are lovely Deputy Mayor Daniel Blake investigating The Mirror's mysterious online account mocking fists, you know, like fake fisk and you know who was leaking like these insider images, the videos that he has from the ship of Daredevil.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's driving him nuts. It's almost like someone's like taking information or broadcasting straight from his own laptop. You know, what do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I you could tell he's a little bit worried. And I don't remember if this at this moment or later when Sheila asked him, like you didn't have any of this information on your personal laptop, did you? And he's like trying to curt like no, I would never. But he's sitting there sweating bullets like, oh shit, someone probably used me to get this information on man. I am the weaklink here.
Speaker 1: Goodbye. So the Anti Vigilated Task Force grows increasingly more aggressive, trying to find dared Will, trying to find Matt, and in one incident, officers violently intervene and it just be at a convenience store. You know, you get Angela del Toro's on who's there, and she's there, and they kind of walk into where a couple of basically we're just call them hooligans, are trying to steal I'm guessing it's alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just trying to steal a battle of liquor. They thought it'd being harmless fun. The aunt is like, hey, put that back. If you do that, then you know they're gonna have to start raising grocery prices. It affects off us just really just trying to have like a calm, adult conversation with these kids. We're like, back off this, none of your business. The shop owner pulls out a gun, so everything escalates real quickly, and again the aunt's trying to diffuse the situation. But then that's when the task force takes over and they're like, yeah, we're about to have some fun because we abide by no rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when she's just she's trying to tell them to stop one of the the Individulia Task Force from shooting or making it worse, she puts her hand on these that's assault and then arrests her and it's just like what you know, and again it's very scary sometimes how real These incidents do happen from time to time too. Yeah, so you get a lot of outrage from bystanders, highlighting the unchecked power of the Task Force. Elsewhere, Angela seeks help from Christa McDuffie, fearing her aunt may disappear in the system like many others have been targeted by Fist Force. You know, the moment reinforces how deeply fist policies are affecting ordinary citizens throughout the city who don't even wear a mask, who barely are are just trying to get by, and now their powers getting even worse. Late in the episode, Matt and Karen spend a very quiet moment at Josie's what's left of it, the bar that once served as a gas y'ing place for them. But later in the night, while resting, Matt suddenly hears something alarming through the heightened sentence, like this sound wave like they're almost like purposely using ultra ultrasonic waves to you know, look like they're broadcasting to get people, you know, in curfew and things like that, but they're really using it to flesh out Daredevil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You know, realizing she's in danger, they're they're coming into the Josie's homes and realizing when they're also in jeopardy. Matt quickly suits up, rushes into it as Daredevil and we begin a very cool fight sequence. Uh that was involves at one point Matt grabbing a gun. Then he kind of gives a big smirk that we saw in the in the trailer and shoots up to kind of do an distraction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a cool fight scene from the start of it and everything. Once he downs to costume, he drops down and attacks him on the then runs in the bar and he's using his staff with the cord on it to just whip around there, beating them all up. Then at one point, yeah, they do get a couple of hits on him, and that's when he picks up the gun and turns it towards him and they freeze and he just smiles and then begins beating him up with the gun and continuing his hand to hand assault. Just proven that Matt Murdoch got those hands when it comes to fighters in the MCU, Matt is great at the close quarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great, very cool action sequence at the end. You know, basically they've now lost their home and the bar, and you know, he's able to save Josie and tells her to you know, get out of here, and he storms off continues trying to fight and keep them away. You know, outside, Karen encounter is one of the agents and managed to overpower him herself thanks all that training that Matt and Frank has given her over the years. And when Matt finds her afterwards, she reveals that she was doing what she was doing while he was fighting outside she captured that guy in The episode ends with the agent tied to a chair hood covering his head with fist. Forces hunting hit them down across the city, and Karen suggests that maybe time to stop running and maybe it's time we started hurting them, and that's how the episode ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tell Karen spent some time hanging out with Frank last season before his capture, because you know, Matt has his way of doing things and Karen is operating in a little bit of a gray area. She's not quite Frank levels of let's just take him out, but she's a little bit more so. All right, if they play dirty, then we should as well.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. And again it's it's gonna be very interesting to see how Mat kind of reconciles that, like Karen ate the damsel in distress anymore, she hasn't been that for a long time. So you know, he either accepts her for what she is becoming and tries to send her and use what she has learned in a more in a more uh you know, a less anti hero way, and puts it towards better use. But so we'll see. But before we head into episode three, we're going to take our first ad break of the evening. So listeners, if you know, these ads keep the lfetime in the gegultimid Aliance Network. We don't can choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud. Give it that three count before they come on. Three to one. We'll be right back, and we are back. So we now into episode three, The Scales and the Sword. So you know, I saw this title before Qan honest said, all right, looks like we're going to trial mode. You know, we can't can't have a dared epishoe. Even though MAT's on the run, he can't can't have this show without some sort of trial.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this is one of our lawyer moments. Got to have a lawyer moment.
Speaker 1: So the episode opens with Matt and Karen holding one of the captured member from the previous episode, and Karen insists that she had no choice but to act after Fifth Forces started hunting them down when they removed the hood. The agent's head introduced himself as Alan Saunders and claims he actually wants to help them. Ac Cordne to Sanders, many members of the Task Fors are violent extremists who follow orders, who others to follow their orders. He says, fisz crusade against vigilante is it is wrong, and he reveals information about location connected to the Mayor's operation Red Hook. So again I'm just calling it out that perfect. This sounds, you know, very much nail on the head of things that are going on in the real world very much.
Speaker 2: So it's it's Hey, I initially believed in what was being sold to me, and I was. I was down for that. Yes, you know, vigilanteism is out of control. Yes, we have superheroes running everywhere. You know, the people need protection. That's what I was sold on. That is apparently not what I joined, and now I don't want to be associated with these violent extremists who were ripping women and innocent children out of their homes in the name of protecting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah so just uh, you know again, they know what they're doing at this point. They're not trying to hide it either. Yeah so, but Matt doesn't believe them, you know, his heightened senses tell him Saunders is, but he is telling it's the truth. You know. He thinks that I don't know. I don't know if I can really buy this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So the funniest scene, the absolute funniest scene, where he's like, I know you're lying. I know you're lying, turns the carring.
Speaker 1: Like he's he's just in his space.
Speaker 2: I know you're lying. You're lying to me. I will beat the out of you because you're lying. Then he just turns the carrot.
Speaker 1: He drops another. He drops an F bomber too. We'll keep it a little we'll keep it cable rules for tonight's episode. But yeah, they went fast and loose. Was dropping the F bombs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matt dropped a lot of F bombs. I am still getting used to Matt dropping F bombs. Like again, I get it's more adult and so dark.
Speaker 1: It's like he's coming from the DC universe.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, oh, okay, Matt, Matt's that. It just it doesn't feel Matt. But hey, I'm rocking with it.
Speaker 1: That name why.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he got on his his gruff interrogation voice and he's yelling at him.
Speaker 1: But he put on his angry eyes in his growling batman voice so to maintaining the agents cover. Matt knocks him unconscious before sending him back to a squad with a story that Daredevil kicked his butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes, I'm gonna hit you. It's gonna be hard and it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Hurt Meanwhile, Kirsten McDuffie in that better half when it comes to his law partner. You know, if I were Kirsten, I would be somewhat really pit pete off at that point about what's going on with her partner, because you don't know where he is. She prepares to defend Jack Duqua. I always friend Duques Doukane. There we go d Kane, Jack Dukane, aka the swordsman who has been arrested under fifth new anti vigilante law. You know, he's putting in the animal cages there, Ducaine claims, when you know, it was interesting though when Kirsten finally gets here, like she's blindfolded, she's giving antisensury because they do not want her to have any idea of what's going on and where she's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like the way that Swordsman was talking during their pre trial talk and he suddenly goes, look, this is a retaliation. He knows that if I go to jail then he can seize all my assets. This is just like the old French you know, speedy trials where you end up getting your head chopped off because somebody sitting on a thing decided it. And you know what, I already know that I am going to lose this tribunal, but it is what it.
Speaker 1: Is, yep. And he it's just very you know, if we've I've probably seen more. I've seen more of the Swordsman character than I've ever read in the comics. So but I like you, I like I like Jack Dukaine in this. You know, the actor who plays him does a very good job. He's very charismatic, even when he knows the cards are stacked against him. But yeah, very very charming. So During the hearing, the prosecution relies heavily on the psychological evaluation written by none other than everyone's favorite ex girlfriend, or at least favorite ex girlfriend, Heather Glenn, using it to paint Ducaine as a volatile vigilante compare comparable to the violent criminals like Muse. Oh there's that, There's that Muse character and Heather Muse, and Heather keeps she keeps on seeing and keeps on.
Speaker 2: Of course, she would create that parallel that he is like Muse because that is the figure that is legitimately haunting her to this day what happened between her and Muse. So every everyone that she's going to want to put behind bars or aside with the prosecution on, they are going to get that comparison to Muse.
Speaker 1: And she Kirsten objects, arguing that the claims are speculative and unsupported by real proof. So despite the efforts to her challenge the accusations and the complete lack of evidence trying tying Duquane to the vigilante known as the Swordsman, the court moves quickly towards conclusion. In the end, Duquane is found guilty on all the charges, making it clear that this Safer Streets initiative has effectively turned the justice system into a tool for his punishing political enemy, for punishing political enemies. So it you know, I said, cat cards stacked against her. Is nothing he could say that could get her convince it. Fist wants this. He's watching it, cheering. Matt and Karen are watching this. They're distraught, you know, about what what is to do, and so they continue investigating into mysterious document about Red Hook reaches Governor McCaffrey, who's on her way to confront Fists. Now, who could have sent her the information about the extra territorial nature of Red Hook?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she she had a full copy of the charter just waiting for her. So you know, we we know that Karen had that before. And the talks between Karen and bbe about, you know, finding other ways to expose Fists and bring him down by multiple directions, you know. So next thing, you know, the governor who has all the power is in possession of this document.
Speaker 1: And my other co hosts and braving the boys Jakes in the chat. This God is watching on me to see our beautiful faces not get spoiled. We'll get it together, get it together. Put the book down for a little bit. Watch these episodes. Catch up, all right, catch up, no excuses. I expect we're gonna have conversations. Is just thinking about it. So we get Matt and Karen investigating and they, oh, yeah, no anyway, sorry, back up. So governor goes in and it's quite a juxtaposition, you know, with FIST, you know, kind of behind the behind his desk and we and he's the governor is trying to say, you know, can't be doing this, can't be acting like this, I can't be back in these plays. You're going too far. And the governor is just saying, no, this is this is you know, question is the whole ports special legal status? And and saying that there's very little oversight to this. It's going to be you know, I don't know how you're getting away with this, but it's you know, eventually the piggy bank's gonna run out. Now she's said she's largely tolerated FIST policy so far, Bara McCaffrey makes it clear that her support has limits. She warrants out if something is wrong, such as a suspicious cargo ship, she has the authority to revoke red Hook's protective status, and for Matt and Karen, exposing whatever Fist is hiding at Red Hook could be the key to forcing the governor to turn against him. But she recognizes this power and that she can warn, but she knows that just to go and really do it. That's it's not just playing with her political future, it's playing with her life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell. She she is making it known like I have the power, but I'm gonna sit back over here. I'm gonna let you do you. I'm not trying to get on your bedside. Does she have the power, so she instead of a sword, she has a document. She can use it, but right now she's just gonna play coy. I mean she even mentions the fact when she gets to his office, like, look, you intimidated the men that I sent here last time to talk to you about it. My lieutenant governor and everyone else is like, you're not going to intimidate me, but I am gonna let that you continue to do your thing, just you know, know that if this comes on you, then I will have to act at that point.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jake excuses on vacation. Yeah, yeay, you were also working on vacation too, so stop the excuses and back Cato chat Hey, bat Cato caet see anybody. And it's it's just very very interesting that, you know, in this case, I still think sword beats paper in this case just being the sword. So we get after after the trial, Matt convinces Kirsten, who is rather interesting. So we get Kirsten in a bar and she's drinking away her sorrows because she lost. And then she gets violently kind of bumped into after someone pays for her drink and leaves this note saying your office now. And that's where we get Matt hanging back in the shadows with his you know, not in costume, but just hanging back, and in that Daredevil voice, she's calmly saying, I know what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did feel bad for christ in this moment because she's washing away her sorrows. And then it looks like she was on the cusp of having a little bit of fun to get rid of, you know, what was happening on her mind. And then yeah, she gets shoulder checked with a show up to my office. She shows up and there's Daredevil and she has this look of oh shit, not now, I'm not drunk enough yet, so.
Speaker 1: He convinces her to. Basically, she was like, well, I didn't see where I was going, and so we'll describe it. So she describes using her memory, the sounds, the layout experience, and Matt uses that information because you know protagonist and you know comic book logic, Matt is able to infiltrate the bass as Daredevil. Inside. He discovers does the prisoners being held in the animal cages, including people who are not even Vigilantes and Daredevil agents, uh you know, erupts in chaos. So one thing I wanted to go back to, I can't remember where it took place in this episode is with our deputy communications Blake.
Speaker 2: When he has the the thank you dinner with Bebe.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about that as Paul's before we start getting into this kind of fight sequence we got back up. We forgot to talk about that. So yeah, he bites are over to his apartment and start talking about it and start talking about the you know, the fake fisk and I think I forget was the was it the episode two or this episode? We finally get your factor fiction proven.
Speaker 2: It's in this episode, and it happens right after their conversation. So they they have their conversation and he's not necessarily threatening her more than it is like light threats, but more of a warning like, hey, if it is you, we're both screwed. Like he's gonna come after you, but then he's gonna come after me because I introduced you. So we're all down. So whatever it is, knock it off and knock it off now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says like, it's almost like these broadcasts are coming straight from my laptop and we all know what had happened. Remember when he came back the first episode as a like after the party, his apartment was all clean, and she's like, now you know she she cleaned it under the guys that she got the stuff off his laptop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so we get another video mocking Fisk and things like that, and then at the end of the video we see the characters stand up to turn off the camera and then remove the mask and yep, it's it's Beeabe.
Speaker 1: Yep, I know you called it. So back to fact proven on that one.
Speaker 2: I did not think we were going to get that revelation this early, but yeah, it's it's Babe.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so going back to Matt infiltrating Red Hook and getting all the prisoners. So he sees them all and starts freeing them and they start having this huge and I like this fight. I love the bar fight, but I like this one better just because of the chaotic nature of what was going on and getting to see uh Ducaine kind of going he may not have swords, but kind of a little bit of rubar rebar going, we give you a bunch of sandwiches, hit and bar excuse me, rebar, you know, kicking some serious butt. And but Frank's not there. So I'm hoping with the special we get at the end of the season that we're gonna get, we're hopefully gonna get answers of how he escaped, because he definitely escaped, yeah he he.
Speaker 2: He wasn't, and we saw him in the cages at then the season when he's not in the cages. Now Matt goes in and he has this look around and he's hearing all these people. So he starts using the key card that he got earlier to free the people, and then he's listening in Okay, they're gonna send in some of the troopers, so he lets out the swordsman and then he hands the key card off I believe it to the aunt is who he really is at this point, and hands the key card off to her and like, help free the others, because now they're saying, you know what, Okay, we're doing more than just going in to stop Matt. Hey, let the bullets fly. Take out whoever you got to take out, So then it's not justified, it's protection. And yeah, Swordsman was throwing down on there and Matt was throwing down. He pulled a pipe to have some gas come down on the guys to just kind of distract him and tell everyone to get down so no one got shot, and doing everything they could to free the prisoners. But yeah, it was a massive fight. Then it spills out outside the building. They're trying to get them away and get a truck, and at this moment, this is where we see again Karen's been hanging out with Frank a little bit, because she drops to the ground and takes an open shot and takes out one of the one of the anti Vigilante task Force members. Again, she she's not shooting to Maime, she's not shooting to injure. No, she just straight up shot the man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she she not taking prisoners. But as she's doing this, we see she's soon approached by Angela del Toro, who claims her aunt is being held inside, and Angela also brings uh intercepted Task Force radio communications to help Careen coordinate with that. But prior to that, when she was going back to the place, she also eyed where the white Tiger talisman is, which she is also now wearing. Yep.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get a feature member of you know, the Protectors of Hell's Kitchen. This this new group that Daredevil is going to be a fish, you know, pulling together as the season goes along. This is a nice little foreshadowing of that with her having the amulet on.
Speaker 1: Yep. So, when the prisoners escaped the facility, Karen and Angela load them up to a truck while the Task Force agents open fire. Do Kane drive the truck? I like it? Say, can you drive this? It's like yeah, I'll figure it out to safety. While Daredevil and Karen escape separately, angel also sabotages the agent's vehicle by slashing their tires, preventing them from giving chase you know, with the knife with the White Tiger Powers. You know, you know he's gonna go any more from She's gonna go mighty more from Power Rangers, Tigers Ord out there.
Speaker 2: Well, Dino Force Ranger over here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The victor is very short lived though, because after learning that Daredevil infiltrated the Task Force facility and freed the prisoners, Fists moves quickly to protect his operation. He orders the destruction of the North and Star. Remember he made sure that that crew was staying on there because again the weapons are on there. He cannot have them leave.
Speaker 2: So they wanted to go home to their families, and he said, no, we need you to stay for one more night, just until we get everything unloaded. And that was definitely for a reason. It was mentioned in episode one when he was talking to mister Charles, and mister Charles said, Hey, sometimes some people are going to have to be a little bit of a fodder for you. Sometimes some people are going to have to die in order to make this happen. And here we go.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. So moments later, the ship explodes, killing everyone on board and erasing any witnesses who could expose this. What was he doing? Does Matt and Karen drive away from the chaos, dared Will suddenly hears the distant blast through his heightened senses. The realization hits him immediately. Horrified, Matt tells Karen what just happened. Oh my god, they killed them, They killed them all. And that's what I'm saying, like, right here, this is and you said too, this is the turning point episode. I truly believe that just because this is where they are at their they they they are not winning. Every time they think they make bike fists is already one step ahead of them to make whatever victory they could claim is not as is not as powerful. So they've got to change their tactics. They've got to get more allies. And again, this is where I'm sensing it's gonna start. Each episode is going to be more now chipping away at Fisk little by little. I mean, then we're gonna get Jessica Jones coming back in, maybe another Defender coming back in. You know, they're they they they did go on offense this episode. But I think they're also going to have to change their tactics. It's not working. This is already thinking one or two steps ahead of them. Yeah, they got to be unpredictable. They are still being too predictable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely playing chess right now, and they are feeding into everything. He has contingencies. If you do this, I'm going to do this. They need to just go completely off board with their tactics.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, so all right, so we it brings us the end of this episode, so we back to single episodes and through the end of the season. So next week will be the halfway point, because I think there's only eight episodes this season, correct, yes, so, so we'll be halfway next week and we'll break that down. So we will take our last ad break for the evening. No news this week, no major news items, so we're gonna head into listener questions, factor fictions and compa club with Age of ult trying to issue four. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the gigle tipin Aliance Network, we don't get choose what ads come on. It could be that bit loud, give it that three count belfore they come on three two one. We'll be right back and we are back all right. Put at the spidy signal as always, and we've got one question this week.
Speaker 3: Tell us about it, all right, According to Anthony Dorsey, including the latest episode of Born Again, rank the Daredevil one shot action sequences.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can rank them. I mean I I I applaud the the idea of because I mean my memory is good. It's not that good in the sense of I I without a little bit of help to understand. Like the the one shots, I'm even not even the wonder shots. That's gonna be like the hallway fight sequences, you know, And let's be honest there we know the tricks they pull with the one shots that make them look like a one shot, but really isn't you know? It's quick cutaways and piecing things together. So one of them I'll put on the table is uh the the prison fight from season two, episode nine, seven minutes in Heaven with uh you know you get after after getting tricked into doing this dirty work. Frank Castle's in the cell block with all the prisoners doors open in a tiny shift as his weapon makes the fight really really cool? Is at so good? As Frank fights his way through the hall After nine episodes, we finally get to see the Punisher cut loose in all his epic glory. Sherry's killed dozens of people that season. But this is up close, unfettered rage, all out anger that he's been holding in. This is what your tv MA rating is at this point. This is what we would always joke about. Hi, I'm Frank. It's turning into the camera, says Hi, I'm Frank Castle. You're watching You're watching The Punisher on Disney Plus. So that's definitely on my list of the top what do you got for years?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I actually did go through and and rank them. I can tell you right now. My bottom one is the sequence from last season, him and Bullseye in the bar, going up the steps and everything else like that. It was, it was fun, It was a good callback of having the one shot, but it also relied a lot on CGI and everything else. Next, Lois would be season two's one shot. It was it was fine, it was it was it was good, but it was just there. That's when him and Frank against the bikers. Uh My next would be the one that we saw in this episode. Again it's just a visceral, just showing Matt just again throwing hands to the darker side of Matt. Next up after that is the first season Punishers one shot. Just him in the hallway. He's getting knocked through the door. He's looking all sluggish. You can tell like he's not in his true form yet. But my man is is just throwing hands left and right. It just peer like aggression and I'm gonna make this happen. Next to last is Daredevil in the prison when Kingpin comes over the speaker the CCTV and and lets him know like hey, that this has been a trap and he's got to get out that prison. And then number one is you have Punishers prison sequence, because that was just him just sitting there pounding like rawl like yeah, come at me, boys, let's do this. It was just like, holy shit, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, is that is that the one where it basically kind of you know, you get the the red the red lights. All right, okay, yeah, that's that was gonna be next on my list. I think one and more. I'll mention you had a few of them. One minute. I'll mention it is from season one, episode two, cut man, you know, the the hallway fight that started it all. Yes, this one shot fallows Daredevil, you know, not any on the Black Guar takes on the rushing gang who's kidnapped a kid. Huge brutal sequence, establishing the hallway in three doors, one room on each side and one room at the end where the kid is being held before dared devil enters fighting with the way through it. What elevates this to my top tier status is that how it established the bona fide of the show, because it's in that episode that Matt's already bruised. He's battered, so by the time he gets to the hallway, it's a brawl rather than a carefully corre grassed superhero kind of you know, extravaganzil won't call it better parallels the flash flashback fight that is built around the episode that ultimately led to Matt's father's death. So that's that is my favorite.
Speaker 2: He was he was throwing hands for his life. He was exhausted at one point, like again he gets knocked to the door, he hits the wall. You can just knocked down.
Speaker 1: You tired.
Speaker 2: It's like I think one guy gets a microwave thrown at him like they're just going for it.
Speaker 1: So I was like, why are you throwing a bike away by in.
Speaker 2: This is a fist fight.
Speaker 1: We're doing microwaves. Now you got a knife at a spoon.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that that that's my my my ranking. So, I mean good, great question, all all great scenes, and yeah that that one shot has kind of been the staple of this series and something that it's been known for.
Speaker 1: Yep, So sorry I didn't I kind of ranked mine kind of didn't, but I kind of gave my top kind of three there, top winner two. So but all right, so Factor Fiction so number one from last week. But again, thank you Anthony for sending you that question. As always, Factor Fiction number one, BB is behind the anti this videos eighty three percent in fact, seventeen percents in fiction. We now know that it's true. I think it's almost the quickest Factor fiction. Definitely one of them. Claire will return as Night Nurse. Sorry, fifty to fifty split. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: I knew that wasn't up there one, I mean again, Metro General is filled with so many Marvel characters. Who knows he's going to return?
Speaker 1: Yea. And number three Kingpin will no longer be mayor by the end of Darreed Bilborne Against season two. Say that is true? All right, so let me pull up mine, okay? In Dared Devil Born Again, by the end of the season, Vanessa will be killed and that will and it will be an advert and that it will be let me rephrase, Vanessa will be killed. That will be inadvertently caused by Kingpin who So her death is it is because of this actions, his actions lead to her day.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say fact on that. And the reason that I'm saying fact on that is because I am currently looking at my list of stuff that I've been compiling for the rest of the season, my justin cases, and that is literally on my list for next week.
Speaker 1: So that that is a fact that has been taken. All right, So you are a fact and then when I'm a fact as well. You know, it's the one thing that this has been holding on to. But the thing that I don't think, you know, could it be Bullseye, could be something else, It could be something even more just like sad empathetic because of what she has done to Matt and killing Foggy. She deserves it. Yeah, all right. By the end of season two of Daredevil Born Again, Daredevil will be presented another moment where he has decide that he has to decide to kill Bullseye or not, but this time he doesn't do it because he intended to kill him, like he threw him off the roof. I mean it wasn't saying oh, we'll see maybe. No, he did it and that's why he stopped being because he crossed that line. He will be presented that again at some point in this time he will choose the hero's path.
Speaker 2: I will say fact on that. I know that there's been talks that Bullseye will have some sort of a redemption arc this season, but I don't think that it's going to be enough to keep them from having that moment where they are at the crossroads of what do I do with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I'm definitely a fact as well with this. So all right, my last one by the end of season two Dared Devil Born Again, and I will I came up with this one remembering what happened recently during interviews with Charlie Cox making this making the rounds. So by the end of season two of Daredevil Ward Again, Matt Murdoch will be publicly outed as Daredevil and will be arrested. The reason I am saying this is because Charlie Cox is on Jimmy Kimmel Full Beard talking about he was filming sequences for season three. No, if you read a Devil in Cell bock D, Matt doesn't go like that much full beard. I mean he looks to shovel and things like that. I'm thinking we're going to that there will be a major time jump at that point, but he will be arrested and we will have a Devil in Cell bock D.
Speaker 2: You know what I am. I'm going to say say fact on that, I originally thought that there is going to be I I did think that by the end of this season he would be out it. Now you're just adding the little extra caveat of and arrested. I am going to I'm going to agree with that, and I think that might be what helps keep him out of the Punisher Special and some other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, I mean, I know people are saying, oh, he's he's that mystery person in uh, you know, Spider Man brand New Day. That that against the hand. I'm not saying. I'm not saying I disagree. I'm not saying it couldn't be. But something about I don't think they're going down the route of King King Daredevil. That happened recently the Darski's run Ray had the Hue beard, which I love that suit. I love the look of the beard. I think that was a really cool design. I don't think they're going down that right. Yes, they hands involved, but I don't think they're going that supernatural with the with King Daredevil in this case that's too. It's still too mix of shadow Lands, mix of uh, you know, the Defenders as mini miniseries. So I do think he's gonna be right, did I think we're gonna get some sort of He's gonna spend a little bit of time in prison at that point as he's waiting for a trial or an escape, so or mind wipe.
Speaker 2: You never know, So you're you're thinking more along the uh the Marvel Knights, the bndis run of him getting out it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking more of that. So it's good run. I go back and forth between that. I mean, for those that have listened to show for a while, I'm a huge fan of Ed bru Baker, just as a writer, author, everything like that. I love his Run and Daredevil.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: I lean just a little bit. I think uh push comes to Schub. I think I choose Bendus over Brew Baker in this arc. I'm not saying it's it's I mean, it's just ever so slightly, but I think it's that Devil and cil block dy that really shone for me in Bendis's run, especially of how well Ruberber picks it up a brew Baker spoiler. Eventually that run come that part of the story comes to an end. So yeah, but all right, so I will post those on Sunday afternoons. Let your voice be heard with that, and let us get into Age of Ultron issue four. So what did you think about this issue? We were getting We got a relation that Luke was bringing she Hulk into as a bartering chip to get close to Ultron, and it wasn't Ultron, it was Vision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this picked up more than the last issue.
Speaker 2: The last issue was a little bit slow. I said it last time, and this one goes from there like it starts off with Luke again still talking to Vision and he's talking like their old buds. He's acting like Vision is just you know, is there against his you know wishes. And then that's when Vision reveals that no, I'm Ultron. Can hear you? Like Ultron is speaking through me? And in the future does Yeah. Luke doesn't understand at first. She's like, what do you mean he's here? Like, why can't I see him? He goes, No, he controlled from the future. He watches and controls us all from the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in control from the future in the Ye three things thousand.
Speaker 2: And at that point, you know, she all Jennifer, she's she's pretty much over this, and she's like, look, I told you we should have done it my way. I'm stronger than you anyway. She tosses Luke out of the building and then begins to assault the ultron bots until one of them just point blank shoots her in the head, just bam, Yeah, like on one finger shot just right shot.
Speaker 1: Kill so and then vision just kind of like goes lit at that point, and the ultron botch are going after Luke cage. They kind of shoot him on fires. He starts fighting back. He killed my wife, he killed my baby. You think I was just going to They crashed into a building, Lukes running all through that there. They're blowing up the building. They nuke this man at one time, literally they they nuke the whole thing, and like the whole like Manhattan Harbor, just kind of rustles back and it's just like, oh, yeah, we just decided to nuke Luke Cage, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they were they were not gonna let him walk away from that. So after that we cut back to uh Natasha and Moonnight and they're they're having their moment down in Nick Fiery's bunker and figuring out what they should do next. They cracked open his world ending scenario files because you know, Nick Fery's gotta have a contingency plan for everything, and it says that, you know, if anything's to happen, we are supposed to go to the Savage Land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to go savage on him at that point, so and he said, so we're gonna go from San Francisco savage on it. That's gonna you know, Zone's got to get there. And then we see above New York, these heroes are doing the same thing, like storms flying them out. We've gotten Visible Woman trying to hide them until they get to the quin Jet Yet Hulk, Red Hulk and task Masker trying to escape, but Red Hook thinks he's trying to get one in over on him, so then he kills task Master here and eight days later we're in the Savage Land and Ksar is there and they Luke somehow made it there. You know, they found the abandoned quin jet and case are points out where Luke is. He's found a way to do it, but they we don't see Luke.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He just points to this where they is, and Emma's like, yeah, yeah, he's dying. He's not gonna make it. We can't go in there like he's he's basically nuclear waste.
Speaker 2: I kind of wanted to see that, you know, yes, And you know, kept goes is she Hulk with him, and they're like, nope, it's just Luke, And trust me, you do not want to go in there. Like he made it here. He piloted a plane even though he doesn't know how to fly a plane. He got all the way here, all because he wanted us to hear this message. He's he's done his job. But yeah, I wouldn't want to go see him. And at that point, Red Hulk, Black Widow, Moonnight all show up at the Savage Plan as well. They're they're all there together, and you know, it says, hey, we we have to go get Ultron. At this point, we have to go on the offensive rather than continuing to run around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said, Nick Fury, he's got had a plan. He had a plan for this scenario. So we got to enact it. And so, you know, this was a little bit a little bit better than the last one. But you know, kind of like I think's happening with Devyl Born again's you know, with the last episode. I think this is also the turning point of you know, they're going to go on offense. Well they do say the next issue says it all comes crashing down, so probably not in the most positive way, but I'm cold starting to remember a little bit what's getting ready to happen. An interesting twist I think is about it's about to occur. So yeah, so we will read issue number five next week. So all right, so we hope you all enjoyed volume two ninety one in the books as we march towards episode three hundred, Uh, David Dick, we we I think we've got our plan. I've got to talk to mister mister Snell about uh, you know, if we're moving forward, it sounds like ys ago a year ago, and we need to talk to someone else's say, if there a go.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm looking looking forward to as we continue to march on. It's it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: Yes, so but uh but yeah, so we will see you all next week for Dared Devil Born Again season season two, episode four, and continue We'll see if any news drops. If not, hey, let'st's talk drible. It's it's just you know, we're enjoying this like nice little stint of content we got coming out. So David, tell me about the CAFALIU plug what you got coming all right?
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the Geek Versus Network. We will be having a special show tomorrow of some content for our wrestling show The Gimmick. Yes, a special Friday midday episode for all of you. Luckily you know spring break and schedules are aligning to be able to do it then, so yeah, I'm going to be having a special so as we march in and then in a couple of weeks, we will be continuing our role to WrestleMania and our review of aw Dynasty, which mister Snell will be lucky to be at live and in person and literally messaging with him right now as he's revealing some matches for the car and he feels like it is being made strictly for him, So he's going to be a kid in a candy or come that episode couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Nice, very cool. So but yeah, you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Valga what I got coming up this weekend. If you happen to be going onto my buddy Omar's channel Nearman Condition, I will be on the panel of guests. I'll be we'll be breaking down DC's The rest of their catalog is getting released the next couple of days. It's been trickling out, but by if not Friday or Saturday, the full catalog will be released. So I'll be jumping on that their show probably for a three hour plus breakdown of every single book that DC has filling out twenty twenty six, and then Jake and I will also be doing a little bit more condensed version of that, you know, not only looking at DC's catalog, our favorites from that, but also looking at the new pre orders that have gone live on Panel Bound Comics, so check that. So we'll be recording. I'll be recording a bunch uh Sunday and Monday, so check all those out. Hopefully join us in the chat. But as I said, you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Balga. You can email the show at Marvel Alliance podcast at gail gmail dot com. You can follow this podcast on Twitter at Marvel a podcast and the Eagle to Mind Alliance at gwaypod Network. Feel fore to tweet email from one to fide feedback as Factor fiction dms are open across the board. Continued rate review the the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, is Greve. You get your podcast, greatly appreciate it. Thank y'all for watching the show, Thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank y'all for listening. And a stand the man would say, fixed Selsier true believers, all right, David post post credit discussion, what do you have?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh? Drew Goddard was on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcasts and he said that the Netflix is Dared Devil was originally meant to be a two part movie. Said, my vision is that the first villain would have been Kingpin and the villain the second movie should be Punisher. What that said? What other Marvel projects should Slash could have been a movie or movies that should have been a TV show.
Speaker 1: Well, we've said it during the review, not a TV show, anthology, sire or something like that. Eternals should have been a TV show. I'm not saying it would have. I think just the way the history of the Eternals I think was there are so much there that I think it was very rushed. You know, I don't put it as the worst Marvel MC movie at that point. It's not. It's a it's a different movie, it's a different kind of filming at that point. I'm not saying it would have improved. I think, oh my god, the Eternals are the things. I think it would have gained a better appreciation of the characters and better understanding their backstories and where it was leading towards. I think the story of the Eternals is so big that a TV show would have been a better option than a movie.
Speaker 2: I agree for movies that should have been TV shows, I would have split out the e Turnals a little bit more, given characters a little bit more focus and agency, Like I don't feel like a lot of those characters you really got to bond with or care about enough for everything, like, yeah, can go with funny and you know, you had your other characters, but it just it didn't really resonate. And I think part of that is the connection to the characters. A TV show that I would have made into a movie and I go fifty to fifty about how successful it would have been, but I felt like In Humans could have been better off as a movie.
Speaker 1: Better movie done. Never talked about the movie. They put those episodes in the theater.
Speaker 2: So I mean, and I think that just having letting that just be a standalone, not trying to stretch it out as much as it got stretched out, not trying to fold as much of the ABC marvel into everything and do all this separate world building. Could have just been a movie and if you touched on it later, awesome, If not, then it was it just lived in its own all right.
Speaker 1: So on, I have a show that should have been a movie, not because of the content of the show, but for the idea of the show, because this ruined what was a great idea fully in it, not because it was a show, but because there was so much wrong with it. I'm saying it. Secret Invasion should have been a movie. This should have been something that should have been built across the about a slate. It should have been building in the phase to lead into Avengers Secret Invasion, like building the Scroll Invasion. I mean that summer of the revelation, the build up of like, oh my god, the he the heroes, we don't know who is a scroll? Who isn't you know? They could they could have left the seeds that they had the seeds post, you know, Captain Marvel. They could have started placing these these ideas of paranoia, things like it and all this idea and then like, I don't know who, what hero they could have replaced. I'm not saying Scroti was the right one, but like someone higher tier. I'm not saying one of the quote unquote the the Avengers Trinity of Thor Iron Man, Captain America, but something of a player that nobody knew and would start questioning things that could have been a much bigger movie. And what they did with the show. We've already rehashed it. Go feel free, as I always say, check out our final episode of that reviews. It was my most unhinged in the sense of frustration with you had you had this amazing thing and you just squandered it at that point. But yeah, Secret Invasion would be my TV show to movie, not because of the content of the show, but because they could have done better, much better.
Speaker 2: I agree. So but all right, you got anymore or now that that's all that I can think of? Uh out of that, like, yeah, we were both on the same page with the first one, and yeah, I just felt like in Humans just just get it out there. I felt like they just stretched out just a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we will see you all next week for Devil Born Again, Season two, episode four. You'all have a great weekend, if you have a long weekend, if you celebrate the Easter holiday, got that up, enjoy that, and we will see you in a week's time. Talk to y'all later. Bye bye, Happy Easter.