Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty Jackie Ray.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go be on the box, Scorge, just a moment after you get this bus off my back.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: In the first segment, Cardisha threw you under the bus, saying you had a very good time at Chateau Level.
Speaker 3: I did time attending.
Speaker 4: Yes, I noticed that when you were on the air with me you were well hydrated.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was.
Speaker 4: And they called you Jack Daniels Ray, I like that, did you have any Jack Daniels?
Speaker 2: I did not, but I had screwball, explained. Screwball is a peanut butter whiskey. Now I made some horse shota. Okay, now I'm just made and brought made and brought horn shotta. And I just wasn't getting enough of the cinnamon. I put a ton of cinnamon in there. You know you're supposed to put cinnamon in it. I was like, you know, it's just not hidden. And then I was like, oh, I wonder if hord Chatta would be good in here the screwball man.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: It was delicious, and we brought two bottles, so you know we had we had extra to share.
Speaker 5: You had two bottles of the screwball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we had a small, a medium one that was just for he and I and we knew we would share the bigger one. So Reggie, my friend that I brought, My friend that I brought, y'all friend. Y'all see me on YouTube looking directly into the friends.
Speaker 3: That's what you call it? Okay, it does sound good.
Speaker 5: Though it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend y'all make some hard chota and put some screwball in it.
Speaker 5: You will thank me later, I promise.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you brought the chata, Stephan brought the Jack Daniels.
Speaker 2: I did have some sort of punch with some Jack Daniels in it.
Speaker 3: Thumb.
Speaker 5: It ain't gonna lie to you. We ran out of the screwball and so I had to switch it up.
Speaker 3: So you had a good time.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, fantastic time. What was your takeaway from the event overall? First of all, I just I love your house. The way that Moe's house is decked out. It should be on like what is that garden of the homes home garden? What is that where they have parade of homes? I was going to get there eventually, I.
Speaker 3: Thought you were a better homes and gardens.
Speaker 2: I got there so beautiful, the dogs were so loving. But what I really loved the most about it was the family atmosphere. Good adult fun but not too far that kids couldn't have a good time too.
Speaker 5: It was so many kids there. It was a great time.
Speaker 3: And I was trying to explain to some people.
Speaker 4: That they say, like, why didn't you invite listeners because it's my house. It's right, it's my house. It's not a it's not a public listener event. I just decided, since I'm home celebrating the fourth of July, instead of taking a day off, I have the equipment and the technical expertise, just do a live broadcast from the house. But it's not a listener event.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you know I love you, But ye know y' all like that you don't know me. Man.
Speaker 2: It was a great time though, and I really appreciated there were some people. For those of you who don't know, I used to also be an anchor here at KFI and uh there were some people that hadn't seen in a while, and I got to see that, give them hugged catch up. It was really just like a big giant family reunion.
Speaker 5: I loved it. I had so much fun.
Speaker 3: What time did you leave, roughly, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: So we went the fireworks had just started, and then my friend's son wanted to see the fireworks. We went up the hill and we were there. Listen, friend, Okay, does he know that? Yes, okay, Yes, there's a whole sordid tale behind that.
Speaker 5: You know, that's another show.
Speaker 3: I met your ex once.
Speaker 4: So when I see, when I see you come to the party with someone else, it's it's a reasonable assumption that.
Speaker 2: It is reasonable. I'm not saying it's not a possibility. I'm just saying right now, he is in the friends.
Speaker 3: There's some folks.
Speaker 2: He's handsome, y'all. He's very, very handsome. But he and he's tall. We talked about the tall thing. He's like six four six three six four or something like that. So he's tall. He's in good shape, you know. So there's there's he checked some of the boxes, but not all of the boxes. That's the friends.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were a lot of kids there. It was definitely a family event.
Speaker 5: Yes, the music was banging.
Speaker 4: And I told Miles, my son in advance, no profanity. It has to be for everyone, or don't play it or I will pull literally pull the plug on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, understanding, Yeah, unlike Carnival Cruise Line.
Speaker 4: We got to do the wobble, yes, and I know my mama was out there doing the wabble with Yep.
Speaker 2: Did the wobble. We did the wear them fans that broke the fan it somebody broke the fan. You did the Chacha slide as well.
Speaker 5: Did we do the chaw slide?
Speaker 2: No, we did the it's the other song that goes over and over and I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't remember we didn't. I think it's the wobble.
Speaker 2: No, we did the wobble the way that we didn't do another side. Maybe it was a Chacha slide. It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't. We did three we did three lines, three different remember the third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have some video of that, I know.
Speaker 4: And I have to give kudos to Carnation because she was tape like we were all working on some level. Yes, Jackie Ray, you were there, but you did a segment on air Cartay. You're doing the social media, you know. We That's why I try to remind people. It's we had a lot of fun don't get us wrong, but we were still taking care of business.
Speaker 2: Yes, I even fun fact, Aaron said he loves a woman that can drink.
Speaker 5: I'm your girl.
Speaker 3: You can put them back right, but we.
Speaker 2: I intentionally stopped drinking, like about fifteen twenty minutes before the show, and then I as soon as I was done, I ran down.
Speaker 5: I was like, who wants a shit?
Speaker 3: I heard you?
Speaker 4: And if you stopped drinking fifteen twenty minutes before the show, you weren't at your drunkest point.
Speaker 5: I was not.
Speaker 4: I was cold and off right because the alcoholic completely caught up to you.
Speaker 3: Were you were in rare form.
Speaker 5: I was. My body was warm by the time that sho was started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna get put off the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there was no there was no already and slipped nothing.
Speaker 3: You were you were in rare form. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 5: I got to hear it back now. It was a bad far. No, you should listen to him.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Here you were not only self aware, but you had a level of comfort that everyone know that this was a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, so you're not the drunkest person on airmen the party who won that award.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to call that person out.
Speaker 2: That's how you don't back a bus up over somebody.
Speaker 3: Previous years, there was some.
Speaker 4: Drunk ass folk on air, and I don't want to say anything because they might still work here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, there it is. Maybe it was the electric side slide.
Speaker 5: Do we do this?
Speaker 2: Okay, I see you, I see in the chat.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 4: It was definitely electric slide because I remember coming downstairs and seeing this line of people doing the electric spot.
Speaker 5: There it is.
Speaker 2: It was a great time. Thank you so much for inviting me. I had an amazing time. I shall be back every year.
Speaker 4: What time did you leave? Approximately? No, let me back up. Did you get a chance to go up to the park.
Speaker 3: To see them?
Speaker 5: That's where we went.
Speaker 2: We went up to the park, we saw and so once the fireworks started dying down, then we drove home. But let me tell you something. When we drove, you know, the streets like a war zone.
Speaker 4: We literally but how many times did we tried to tell there you go? It is like driving through what I imagined to be be roups.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there was one area that there had they had so many burnt out fireworks on the ground.
Speaker 5: Yes, that I was like, this looked like Armageddon.
Speaker 3: They probably got mad if you drove.
Speaker 5: Through they they were like, what's going on. I'm like, intersection card, this is how this works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get very very angry.
Speaker 4: Yes, you for interrupting their illegal fireworks session. And there's like so much smoke that it's almost it's like you have to drive slowcus see you don't want to hit anybody.
Speaker 3: You don't know. It's dangerous for you and it's dangerous for them. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It reminds me from of that scene from the Fog. Have you seen the Fog.
Speaker 2: Where they drive and slow through the thing, And I'm like, I hope no monsters come out of this fog.
Speaker 5: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: There's Jackie Ray just tearing it up. Ejaculary.
Speaker 4: You can find it on the YouTube show at mister Mokelly. You have some footage from the actual fourth of July Swara the Chateau Lemo some of the folks who do I think they have some of the line dancing as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, we had a great time and everyone was on beat. Praise God.
Speaker 3: I don't know if God had anything.
Speaker 5: I don't have nothing worse than a line dance with people off beat.
Speaker 3: I can't disagree with that.
Speaker 6: That's why I said, That's exactly why I said down. When we come back, we have actually some real news to talk about. Cleveland Guardians pitcher Luis Ortiz has been placed on paid leave amid another gambling investigation, and the California Attorney General Rob Bomta has declared daily fantasy sports illegal gambling. We'll talk about both when we come back. K IF I AM six forty Life everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. We're going to Beyond the box Score with Jackie Ray.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 4: Forty KFI Later with mo Kelly, going Beyond the box Score with Jackie Ray. We had some fun last segment talking about Chateau m and the drinking habits of Jackie Ray. On that occasion she was in rare form on the air. But no one got hurt.
Speaker 2: Everyone's safe. Everyone's safe, and people don't know. Everybody had a designated driver, so everybody else. Oh, we're all good in that regard if you were wondering.
Speaker 4: But some serious sports and society News Rob Bonta, the Attorney General from the state of California.
Speaker 3: He issued a formal legal opinion.
Speaker 4: That's not a ruling, it doesn't have any type of legislative teeth, but he issued a formal opinion declaring that daily fantasy sports platforms constitute a form of illegal online sports betting.
Speaker 3: Most people, I don't think, no believe.
Speaker 4: Remember online sports betting remains illegal in the state of California, which calls into question the usage of fan duel prize picks and DraftKings where actual money is being exchanged and people can download the app and you can play a game win real money here in California.
Speaker 3: So he's not wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how these online betting platforms have managed to skirt that, But it runs parallel to our other discussions about how gambling has corrupted my word, professional sports. Have you ever used any of these online sports betting.
Speaker 2: I tried to use DraftKings one time, and I think it was right around when we were still deciding if we could use apps like DraftKings, and it still has my twenty five dollars because I couldn't bet at the time because it said it was illegal where I was.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I think I was traveling at the time, so maybe I was in a different city. But I don't have enough of an interest in it to go back.
Speaker 5: But I will probably.
Speaker 2: Bet on like the WNBA Finals if I can, because now I have I feel like I watch that enough, I'm educated enough on that, then maybe I can make a good fantasy bet. But I don't like to do this thing called losing money, so I don't bet on things very often.
Speaker 3: I have not a gambling bone in my body. I don't buy lottery tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm in the work lottery pool, but I'm not going to go actually to buy lottery tickets. I haven't played any of these online sports betting apps, but even though I am aware that a lot of people do, including professional athletes. And you have to think, if you think that you know the WNBA better than most, I'm thinking that a person who's actually playing the sport even better has inside information. Yes, and these stories aren't connected, but in my mind they are connected. When Cleveland Guardians pitcher Luis Ortiz was placed on non disciplinary paid leave as part of an ongoing investigation by Major League Baseball, which is weird.
Speaker 3: They're investigating themselves. M land here's the quote.
Speaker 4: Cleveland Guardian's picture and Luis Artiz has been placed on non disciplay paid leave throughout the end of the All Star Break due to an MLB investigation. We will not comment further until the investigation has been completed. As far as I'm concerned, if you're under investigation, they already have some smoke.
Speaker 2: Inside, right, I'm like, you just don't say anything until you are ready to say this is what we found, because now you're just having everyone speculate and let's just say, which I don't think is going to happen, but let's just say the investigation doesn't turn up anything. Now you've put this slight tarnish on his name for no reason. Just wait and wait till it's all done and then release it.
Speaker 3: That's what they should have done.
Speaker 4: And if you don't know the federal government if they're investigating someone, if you're under grand jury investigation, they don't let the world know.
Speaker 3: Right. The only way you'll know is if you've been indicted.
Speaker 4: Because you could be investigated and you take it to a grand jury and you don't have a no bill, you don't come back with a true bill. They're not going to ruin your name exactly because of investigation. But let's go a little bit deeper. According to other published reports, there are two pitches which were flagged by Betting Integrity Firm IC three sixty for unusual gambling activity. That goes back to the prop bets exactly right. And so if you're talking prop bets, you're talking what prize picks, YEP, draftking, fan duel.
Speaker 2: You're betting on a very specific incident happening during the game.
Speaker 4: And the alleged pitches took place on June fifteenth and June twenty seventh, So this is Hella reason. The June fifteenth pitch was the first pitch against the Seattle Mariners in the bottom of the second inning. The June twenty seventh pitch was the first pitch in the third inning. Like in other words, you can bet whether someone's going to throw a strike or someone's going to strike. That's how specific it can get. I don't bet, but I know how the prop bets work. And both of the pitches allegedly received the unusual activity in regards to a micro bets on the first pitch of each inning.
Speaker 3: To be a ball or hit batsman.
Speaker 2: So this is what I'm saying, you finished that investigation, because this could literally be dang, I had a really off night and now y'all got me under investigation. Or it could really be I told somebody I was going to have a really off night on these specific pitches.
Speaker 4: Or or there is fire behind this sat right, and they have seen or they know of betting activity on his part.
Speaker 2: And so to the governor or to the who wrote the paper, general Attorney General. To his point, the best way to fix this is to just make it illegal entirely in California. Now, that's not going to fix it everywhere else, because I could have I have family and friends in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You know, Bookie still exists.
Speaker 5: They still exist.
Speaker 2: But at least it also gives your your complaint or your investigation a little bit more tease.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to say this again.
Speaker 2: You're trying to protect the integrity of a sport that is married to something you want people to have integrity against.
Speaker 5: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: So you're saying churches should not necessarily be endorsed by Ashley Madison.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, that is awful. Okay, But I think there's a parallel here. There's definitely a parallel. There's definitely a parallel because you're saying this is basically the equivalent of your parents saying to you, do as I.
Speaker 5: Say, not as I do. That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 3: And also punishing you accordingly.
Speaker 2: Yes, M like you disobeyed me. I don't mind me over here placing these bets. Just worry about yourself and now you in trouble. It's just a whole mess.
Speaker 4: I wonder though, and I'm just wondering out loud, whether this is going to create such a momentum where Baseball will have to divorce itself from these gambling entities. When you see a Rob Bonta basically laying the foundation for something more to put these other places out of business as far as California's concern, then you have Major League Baseball worrying about their profile and their future and the integrity of their sport. Yeah, it can have a develop a negative momentum.
Speaker 2: Right when you have a name like sho Otani wrapped up in a gambling scandal that he know definitely was not named properly in my opinion, in but when you have a name like that having a big name on even whether it's a name like show Hey Otani which everybody knows, or a name that's specifically big in that region or for that team, that's damaging to the brand. And none of these entities where it's whether it's the MLB, NBA, WNBA, they're more concerned about their brand, which is why they try to investigate these things. But again it's still a contradiction because you're investigating people because you're saying, we want our fans to know that when you go out there, you're playing your best, full stop, and that you're not trying to taint the game in any way. But then you marry an entity that is promoting you tainting the game in some way.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they can get around this in any way unless you completely exactly right.
Speaker 3: There's no way around.
Speaker 4: And look, we started talking about this in a very playful way maybe a year ago, and now it's one a.
Speaker 2: Week, one a week, which means it's like roaches. Like you said, where there's one, there's hundreds more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are plenty more that we don't know about. Across sports.
Speaker 4: We're talking major League Baseball, we're talking professional basketball. We're talking professional NFL football only thing. We haven't seen this hockey as of yet. But it just hasn't happened.
Speaker 5: Hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: Just said, we don't know about it because I'm assumed with every professional sport you have players who are going to be.
Speaker 3: I'll say, either intrigued or tempted.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is like, just because even if they made it illegal in the sport and they did divorce you know, these betting entities, that's not necessarily going to stop players from betting. However, it does give your investigation more teeth because now you've set the standard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you give yourself some daylights.
Speaker 4: You've separated yourself from the evil entity which can bring down your sport. And what we're not hearing in these investigations and will be interesting to see if any of these players are actually using these particular apps. I believe they are right. They've made it clear. This goes back to Major League Baseball doing the investigation. They're not gonna tell us if this guy was using one of the apps that is a sponsor of.
Speaker 5: The league, because then what do you say, what do you say?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you know my wife over here, you know, this baseball player was playing the game that my wife made, and he's like, well, then what you know. It's just it's too convoluted and I don't know. I mean, at least again, you can't.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 5: It's hypocritical at best at best.
Speaker 4: And illegal at worst. Right secorate, it's always good to see black. I but you had a good time.
Speaker 2: An amazing time. Atta and all the stuff that you forgot in my house.
Speaker 3: I have my car.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty