Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, August eighth word twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You like that? Thank God that's done. Yep.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the only show about Spartan Dog hosted by Spartan Dogs.
Speaker 1: This is part of a man show.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Jason Strayhorn Low my co host Cedric spurve It Man, Hey, man, you run around? No, you run, you run your house. You don't run around your house. I can see clearly.
Speaker 1: You better know it that with de bad needs straat, I can't run period.
Speaker 2: Now walk, So before Cedric gets his head whooped, we're gonna get through this show because he's smoking the stokey inside the house. Look, if this is your first time, we want to welcome to the show. This is not we thank you for your loyalty, and please don't forget the follow us on all of our social media handles that this is part of the m mans. You click the like and subscribe button. Please please look the like scrap. You guys are doing it. You're watching the show in enormous, alarming rates and we love that and we continue to provide you all you need with all the that you want. Uh, let us know what are you watching? Swerve you know, there's a lot of background noise over there. What you got going on?
Speaker 1: Brother? Oh man, I'm in I'm in this country cigarette lounges.
Speaker 3: Man, trying to meet people and tell them about the Spartans and what we're gonna do this year. Just enjoying life down here in Mobile, Alabama. You and Mobile, Mobile Alabama, home.
Speaker 1: Of the Senior Ball if I'm not mistaken. And there's a lot of road tide down here.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, oh no, it's road tied. H How they feeling with that? With hate suits not being around anymore?
Speaker 3: Hey, I talked to one guy. Man, he said it hurt. They say. He feel like they kept the bulk of the people. He liked the schedule. He feel they're gonna win ten.
Speaker 1: I said, I hope, so, brother, I hope.
Speaker 3: So you know, I ended up graduating from from Road Tide, so I'm kind of.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I believe. I believe Green and White. You know, I got the KP.
Speaker 2: On with you.
Speaker 1: I gotta, I got we gotta put that picture up man with me and hey, zeus like.
Speaker 2: That her mother road and we can get into that. We would love to wins that day out of their mind. Tell them that they ain't getting no tens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just smiled in his face and said, Okay, sir, I hope, I hope I win.
Speaker 2: I hope he's winning TV. That ain't happening down. I'm sorry, but I'm telling you the truth. Twenty two days away from Minshue football opening the home opener against Florida Atlantic, that's Reggie Gardener, Reggie.
Speaker 3: Your guard that jersey twenty two days first, man, when I when I saw that picture of him at I man, I went back at flashbacks man, because that that guy was the character man. He had a sense of humor, he was funny, and he was a damn good live back of man sitting in that middle man. So you know, I had a moment, but I was glad they put that pitch up man with him at I that was that was okay.
Speaker 1: Then, oh man. They came in together.
Speaker 2: They did everything together, roommates to the end, Reggie. And one of the reasons I when I remember looking at Michigan State as a young recruit coming out of Indianapolis, I said, they got the big ten freshman of the year playing loudly, Hey Reggie, old dog man. He was the best man, the great great guy all the way around, gone too soon.
Speaker 1: Can't believe that he's no longer with us.
Speaker 2: Listen, we will honor him in any way that we ever can, going forward twenty two forever in our heart, squirt. Let me tell you something, man. You know we cannot forget about all the business owners out here that want to make a ship happen. Gray Matter is doing a lot out here for all over the world, saving a ton of money.
Speaker 1: Let's see a little message from Great Matter right here.
Speaker 4: Do you have your ship together? Gray Matter Exchange will audit your invoices to obtain refunds to your accounts. We negotiate the best rates specifically for your unique shipping. We provide you free consultation on small parcel shipping questions. We will get your ship together. Sign up today, we.
Speaker 3: Would get your shipped together. I said, they're gonna get the ship together. That's a that's that's a hell of a commercial outside.
Speaker 1: It is that you gotta get your ship together Exchange. They'll help you out, I'm telling you, and save a lot of money with you.
Speaker 2: Look, we got some QR codes coming up, so people can get that thirty days free when they sign up with Gray matter.
Speaker 1: Exchange to save money on all FedEx.
Speaker 3: Gray got a thing too with a referra right straight, Yeah that in the notes. You gotta if you refer someone, you get you get a little bonus, you get a little kickback, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what it's about a hundred bucks? I'm about to go door to door. Who don't need a hundred bucks? Hey, that's what I need. That's gonna be good now from when we come in town in a couple of weeks, you know that. Look moving into what's gonna be good in a couple of weeks. I mean, listen, it's getting close to everybody. Jim Harball, the school down the road, he got hit with a four year show cars. Look at the tears on that boy, including a one year suspension.
Speaker 1: If he decides to come back to coach college football.
Speaker 3: Sword, it's great, Come on, come on, come matter of fact, hold the hook on me. I got the peaky out. Come on, man, you gonna hit the guy with with with this suspension. You know he not coming back. He don't have to come back. You know, he had to know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 1: They gave him the word.
Speaker 2: You know, you take a little suspension here in there, you coach from the fall, you.
Speaker 3: Do all these type of things. You missed one game, you miss a game. Here, miss a game. Come on, everybody knew he was wrong, you know. I guess it's just part of the good old boys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They take care of each other. Because that's that's that's that's bullshit man. But you want to suspend it. If he come back, we wait, where are you going? That's like, how how are they gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: We talked about this all day long last year as it was happening. The news was breaking about the whole kind of stallion singing, and this is something before that.
Speaker 1: This has nothing to do with the kind of staalus. This is all about.
Speaker 2: Inducing recruits come on campus during COVID and buying a cheeseburg.
Speaker 1: As far as he's concerned.
Speaker 2: Said, this is equivalent to you know, you know when the bootleg creatures still in Church's money and run off to a country with non extradition rights. I mean, so he's gone. Now, Like what they putting these rules in place? Are these show causes that have no teeth? They got they got no, there's nothing in there with the nca Right.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna take that back to when Alabama was waiting to see if they was gonna get into the playoffs, right, and and this conversation had to go like this, Nick, heyzeus, if you win, you in right, Because once he won.
Speaker 1: His interview, he said, we.
Speaker 3: Did what we did, what we were supposed to do, what we had to do, and show enough they was in right.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to tell that, hey, you wining, you in now? You lose nothing we could do. You know, we don't care. You know how many you won in the past.
Speaker 3: But if you win, Demmi ui and Jesus, somebody told howbar listen, this is it.
Speaker 1: This is what's gonna happen. It's gonna come down, all right. So you get another job, go ahead and take it.
Speaker 3: The NFL go knock, and you better ask because the NFL was knocking before.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to go out now?
Speaker 3: I know you win, you won a national championship, but you had to miss three or four games or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: You know, NFL knock. I answer, he gone.
Speaker 3: Now you hit him on the wrist with if you come back, we're gonna suspend you. That's just like if I'm in school and they say, if you come back to the school, we're gonna suspend.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming back. I'm gonna go to the other school.
Speaker 2: Due if you if you come back, we're gonna suspend.
Speaker 1: After you graduated, you're gone.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's utterly ridiculous what nca has been able to doing lately. They just don't have the same power that they used to have back in our day when we played. They used to just, i mean, rule over everyone. And right now it seems that every time somebody takes them, the court, the justice, the federal judges side with the plane. You know, the people who are against the NCAAA, they do not sign with the NCAA for a month to the reasons. It's crazy right here. To me, this is the integrity of the game. Jim Harbaugh lead or this and looks were what we're gonna do about it at this point, it's crazy speaking of go ahead.
Speaker 1: It's typical down the street. You know, we don't care about nothing about them, you know, as matter of fact, I hope it.
Speaker 3: I hope it rained and thunderstorm, just reading and Arbor just the whole time while they're pregnant, even in the inside the bubble, get a hole in it and.
Speaker 1: They can't practice that walk through. Damn them down the street.
Speaker 2: Inside the bubble of the end of the Facilica stormplot. Hold over, you can get a whole flood over there. Aunt hey, that's nothing that I don't care. I don't like them, and they never have, like thom But talking about where things are with the Big Tens, where we got to get into this. There was a Big Ten pre season poll that came out that ranked everybody in the Big Ten. We want to talk about that. We haven't had a chance to. We have the rankings that pup we can see all right, So here we are right now, they're showing the top five. It looks like in the Big ten you have Oregon. This is this is just rankings, you know, Oregon. Oh man, we missed the first five.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 2: You got Oregon, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan for USC at five, Wisconsin asking Iowa produecewear, Minnesota at ten, and then Rutgers mister ste coming in at twelve. Looks like twelve right here Maryland, Illinois, Washington, Indiana, u c l A. Northwestern. Now is this is this the preseason ranking or is that the recruiting ranking.
Speaker 3: I would say preseason ranking, because you know you have you have to put Oregon.
Speaker 1: It can't be recruited because Ohio State is higher than Oregon. I want to assume I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but it looked right to me.
Speaker 2: This is this is the recruiting ranking. This is not the Big ten preseason ranking. Okay, okay, that's mist o'hass's kind of refers based on the you know, the rundown here. This is recruiting. So let's pull that up one more time to recruiting ranking. That's what this is, all right.
Speaker 3: So you got two newcomers coming in the Big ten and in the top five in recruit right, and we got Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan in.
Speaker 1: The middle of the of the other five.
Speaker 3: All right, So and and and being around these kids in seven on seven.
Speaker 1: I had a few kids.
Speaker 3: I think I had one receiver committed to Oregon and two guys committed to the USC and dn D commit.
Speaker 1: But the numbers I heard that it was on the table.
Speaker 2: I was I was at all because I'm like, damn, they're offering that much money in Oregon with the Phield Knight like Phil Knight got his own money straight.
Speaker 3: So it's one of It's one of those deals. Man, you got two guys coming in being bullies.
Speaker 1: They already got that damn uh duck in the pond over there in the in the river in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Which is it better not be that next year because I promise y'all got to be be gune and it's not gonna last. But those guys coming in man making noise already.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on when you talk about the nil world that we live in right now. The ranking there seemed to be off because I know that Ohio State. I think they're number one in the whole country right now, so I don't know how Oregon was above them. I don't know where that That ranking does seem to be a little off, so I'm not sold on that. It looks like they have mischigs sin though at twelve out of a ten. Some of the more recent ones have heard it's been crazy. So Trevor Thompson, here we go.
Speaker 1: Trevor. You know, Trevor is our crack stat guy.
Speaker 2: We need to hire Trevor as a STATN inpo guy because he's always on right preseason as MSU seventeenth or eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't, I don't. I don't know about that one. I don't know. But that's good.
Speaker 3: That's good because hey, start at the bottom. No only thing you can do is go up, put us, put us down. We'll be the underdog, but we'll show you a d N. But we're not going in seventeen eighteen. You kiss my ass on that one. If we do, I gotta have a meeting with with the A D and every the pretty new.
Speaker 1: President and everything, because we're not doing that. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: No nothing, No seven million, we're not.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not.
Speaker 2: I think preseason ranking has as close to the bottom. That's for Maureen. No, we can't, we can't. We can't have that kind of that's stuff's word. I mean, you know, Oregon State, Oregon. I'm talking about Ohio State, Oregon, At University of Michigan, Penn State USC. Those are all the teams that are at the top right now.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Seems like Stanconnfo was talking about the twenty twenty four class. We're on the twenty twenty five because the season that we're in now. Twenty twenty four is already actually on campus right now, so we're looking at what's going on in twenty twenty five. So we can get those numbers corrected, we'd be a lot happier. So we know where we are right now looking at the future, because that's that's what it's all about. We can't like, look, the twenty twenty four class is really difficult for times of Smith and everybody coming in, but not a lot but not a lot of time to get the class together, and they did everything they could possibly do. So what we're doing now if the five class we're looking at where we are having a football to be able to I guess put out get the kind of talent that we need and need to win and compete. So what are your thoughts on what it's going to take you, because I mean there's a lot of work getting done. You know you've been seeing things with your spy cam and we're gonna get to the spy cam in a minute. But what things can the every day spartan do to help get missis State back on track?
Speaker 3: Before I answer that straight, I want I was gonna ask you because you had a chance to go on visits, right, and you know I went on visit two years ago and things like that, but I never had a chance and the opportunity to go to a three day visit at at Michigan State Park. As a parent, what do you think the things that you've seen at the big time school that you was able to to to visit. What did you see that you think that was? It was exciting, it was it was something that you want your.
Speaker 1: Son to be a part of.
Speaker 3: Uh, And you feel like, what do we Uh if you had to talk with with coaches say hey, this is what such and such as doing. This is what they're doing, Boom boom, you know, we can add this to make the school this much sexier for the for the guys. What do you what did you see?
Speaker 1: How do you feel what would what need to be done?
Speaker 2: I mean it's just really at the end of the day, comes down to relationships and aggressive you know, reaching out to players and getting to know them.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, I talked to a.
Speaker 2: Lot of parents obviously like yourself, but have blue ship recruits and the ones that seem to win out. I mean you're talking your friend, is that Cancord, right? Now, I don't think Stanford he went because they had the biggest bag. People always like to talk about it's all about bags. It's not about that Bletchkille's son went to Notre Dame. It's definitely not a bag school. Notre Dame's losing kids all the time right now because coaching there, because they have more money than Notre Dame on the front end. So it's it's the holistic queue that a lot of parents are getting to right now. They want somebody who actually wants them. They want to Education checks all the boxes when it comes the type of uh eelament that you want from your job to be able to potentially excel to the next level.
Speaker 1: So it's not it's not difficult.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's all about money from Michigan sail or any It's about relationships, just like anywhere else.
Speaker 1: So that's what looks longer than me.
Speaker 2: You know, You've got another one that I am again answer what do you think MISSI into the top realm of in your opinion?
Speaker 3: We see the thing about you, You're so well educating, you so polite and you you know, and I've been learning it from you, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm not there yet.
Speaker 3: Straight, we got to get together with the beigionars and the millionaires and put put something together because NIL is taking over. And I say that because I had a chance to be the head coach of a seven on seventeen that was ranked one and two in the country and I had nothing before and five stars on my team from all over and every time I see these kids on Friday, they tell me, yh, coach, your coach such and such, offer me this, such and such, offer me this, or you know what, this school offered me fifty thousand. My daddy says, hell, no, we're not going for fifty nine when it's somebody else saying they gonna give us three hundred thousand. So the numbers that that if you want to get into.
Speaker 2: What organ and all these guys doing, we gotta we got to put a nil together and find a way.
Speaker 1: To to to to compete with the big dogs. Because now that's that's that's that's what it is to get the big time names.
Speaker 3: Now, unless you want to get kids that that that's not worrying about dad, and you want to be mediocre. You want to get the guys that down here and you want to say Okay, we're gonna develop them and motivate them, and you know we'll be okay, longs we over five hundred, we're trying to win six games.
Speaker 1: Who're gonna be satisfied with that? You know what I mean? And then you know, it's just I just think that's the big thing right now.
Speaker 3: You know, that's that dealing with those kids that's supposed to be the poor and five stars that they look at the n I L for a perfect example, you look at the Miami University of Miami.
Speaker 1: University of Miami won five.
Speaker 3: Or six games last year, you know what I mean, barely went to a Bowl game, I think. And then at the end of the day, they in the top seven of the tops recruiting. Why shit, because they giving out the money.
Speaker 1: We lost a kid to Miami. We lost a kid to Argon.
Speaker 2: They didn't go because Oregon got a great education or they just practical were just going to National Chimp Joe. They was in the playoffs, either neither them or Miami war So how wow, why did you go there?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Because guess what, when you come here, you can buy your mama house. You see what I'm saying, And that and that's that's that's like they said, that's the that's the time now that we can we can talk about all this relationship. If we don't put it in a deal together, we're not gonna get the big names. And then we got great kids. You know, we got great kids. Like I told you my drone. I flew my drone up there again, and I'm gonna tell you about it. But in the future is becoming about in our all. That's that's what I think.
Speaker 2: So so, so you flee your drone up there, yeah again once again. So let's let's see what happened before we get I think we have like throne the flight of the drama.
Speaker 3: So so I get excited about this because I'm not I'm not really good with gadget and I got these bat hands, I got these, you know, I don't know how to you know. So but with this new drone, I got straight. I love it because it's it's so fast as like to fly from Mobile to Detroit, I mean east Landson, my drone can beat the regular claim there. Right, So the guys that was in the army, and I salute the guys.
Speaker 1: In the army.
Speaker 3: I mean they're some smart guy and they're great with their hands. So I tried it again right just to the yesterday where I flew my droone. I got a monitor right and I can see it from the monitor, and I'm good far as my direction.
Speaker 1: You know, east and west, northeast. Never eat salty wheat. That's how I learned the conference, you know.
Speaker 3: But anyway, they was inside, and so one of the guys that made the drone for me is like, how we gonna do?
Speaker 1: I said, I got this, you know, I got a map to a degree. Let me let me put it together.
Speaker 3: I snuck my drone in and up top and it was just sitting there, just chilling, and it got the whole practice. But this time I just wanted to focus on the quarterback because I love what he said just last week about he's the best quarterback in the big deed. And watch it from my drunk on the monitor. Oh he got good feet straight, he got good feet, he warming up, I mean he was like ballet. And then his zip on the ball looked so damn good.
Speaker 1: Really, oh man.
Speaker 3: And the key for is me being the offensive coordinator in high school and the head coach. I saw, you know, the zone read I saw taking the zone read rolling out and he got the he the first read which you can run and then we high lowering everybody. And then when I was watching him, oh, I saw Number three running some routes coming out the breaks with the receivers with the hen and the tight end looked so pretty.
Speaker 1: Oh, he looked so pretty.
Speaker 3: So even though I was focused on the quarterback, I got a chance to see some other.
Speaker 1: Guys, and man, I like what I see and I can't wait.
Speaker 3: For this guy form mak the hell out those deepest coordinators and we're gonna make plays all day. But I see why Number two said what he said, cause damn it, I'm with him. He the best quarterback in the big team. Wow, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And look for your ears, A guy with your mount guy's ears, Trevor Thompson, I'm calling it. Don hot tape. Spartans are gonna get eight to ten wins. Put your name, just did it? Eight ten?
Speaker 1: Trub you got a red cup or I hope. So, man, I'm with Vegas. Now put my mortgage on, you know.
Speaker 2: Austin lil says, Smith's comfortable winning this way. Let him do the job. So hey, look there's a lot going on here. I want to just get some of these comments in the chat Indiana with coach Kurt Nanny is gonna pull off a major surprise and win. Wow, what are you? What are you saying there, Trevor? Are you talking about the Spartans are in recruited? He can't be because he said we're gonna win eight to ten. We can't lose it to No, Damn, Indiana is crazy. Hey, you know I got moving Indiana after the beating Michigan, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm with John Man. I love what I saw on my dron.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 3: If you need me to vote for you, but we need a VP presidential I will.
Speaker 1: I'm voting for Jonathan. I love what he's doing. I'm a Jonathan being. Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. Man.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on out there in the Spartan world right now with tracking down people. I don't know the good stats andF I was doing in the background and see if we can actually uh get some of the people.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you one thing, Spartan fans, make your n I L Gifts, Charitable Gift America, smart ms SHU meet even more rewards.
Speaker 1: We calm this mic down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah for donating the Spartan Athletics, and you know it's a win win for your dollars.
Speaker 1: If you partner with Charna Good for America.
Speaker 2: C g A Gift planning services are beneficial for Spartan alumni of all ages. To find out more about supporting Spartan athletics while also investing in your future, please visit c GA America dot org today.
Speaker 1: Head to c g A Athletics dot org today.
Speaker 2: Whenever you want to get down with the kiddawn, help out Spartans of all sports and direct the money where you wanted to go.
Speaker 1: Don't forget c GA America. Curb you you were. It's loud as sure as me and I can tell everybody here ship to Yeah, we mutube, it goes away. We unmutube is loud.
Speaker 3: Think about it that if I say that, I don't know if I'm gonna make it to my COTTO.
Speaker 2: Okay, numbered in here, you know our number than mobile man sed you God damn mobile out of them, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing. I'm gonna tell you one thing.
Speaker 2: Look swerve before we continue right now we gotta take a message. We gotta take a quick break from our message from our friends over at I Hop right now. M hm m hmmm. Five dollars all you can eat pancakes or back at iye hop for unlimited time.
Speaker 1: Or free with select combo purchase.
Speaker 2: Only at I Hop. Swerve, I man, I'm gonna be like a DJ. You in it out, man, you in and out. Yeah, I'm gonna be like a DJL me out like that. No, we can't do that. We gotta hear you. We gotta hear your voice. You gotta come it back. I'll tell you one thing. You know, as we're trying to track down Jaye Nakens, who is supposed to be joining us, you know there is uh there was an announcement out of MSU Basketball and actually MSU Athletics today that nineteen eighty five Spartan alum Sam Vincent, that's going to be MSU's homecoming Grand marshall of this season. Swerve Basketball is doing it during football season. You know, Sam, Sam looked good man. I don't know to day, but he looked damn good.
Speaker 3: But you know, I swear it couldn't be to Marsh.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty five, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, man, you want to give it.
Speaker 3: But the man looked damn good. Nineteen eighty five. Straight, guess what, I was seven years old?
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah a long time ago, swerve. Yeah, yeah, but he looked good. I look good at his age. Well I still got I promise you, I still do it. I promise I do it. I probably that's good man.
Speaker 2: Even basketball player, right, yes, basketball player for MSU back in nineteen eighty five is when he graduated. We're trying to, you know, were spreading the love. I remember being in the homecoming when we were playing and they had all kinds gouts. He had guys from the Godfather. If you can remember that when you were a player, swerve.
Speaker 3: See the thing about me with that, I didn't pay attention to none of that. I didn't know it was a parade. I didn't know nothing about homecoming. I was just so focused on just playing football.
Speaker 1: Man. But now I get the experience all this.
Speaker 3: So but I mean, you got to think about it when you're playing and game over. Once you walk out of the stadium, shit, everything's over. So it's like I never got a chance to partake in it.
Speaker 1: But now I love going back on Homecoming.
Speaker 2: Okay, James Kahn, you don't remember who he is from Godfather and he was at I remember you being in the room with him and him talking to us.
Speaker 1: You didn't know who he was. See that that's the thing, man, being with you.
Speaker 3: I have met so many people nowadays that I didn't even know and going up to these people and they telling me, hey, I remember you scored three touchdown or four touchdown versus Penn State.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 3: One guy you told me at the UH at the gov out, he was like, you know what, We're gonna do something to get you in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I almost gave him a kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, oh man, like so so so. Cedric Irvin did not know who James con was when you were playing, and he was the Grand Marshal of the parade.
Speaker 1: So Sam Vincent is one of those guys. He's a famous guy. He actually went to Michigan State.
Speaker 2: And it's okay, I mean maybe one day, I know, one day and hopefully it's before you know it's your great grandkids doing it. You're gonna be able to be a Grand Marshal. I had no doubt about his work.
Speaker 3: Let's say, you gotta understand I couldn't understand nothing of God, especially growing up because we didn't have cables. We didn't have a BCR. So I didn't watch none of that shit until I was wrong. And by that time I didn't know. You know, the Godfather of whoever the character was, the actor was paid in the Godfather went to Michigan State.
Speaker 1: So you know I was ten years behind man, ten years.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you you at least at least Okay, it's a look, it's okay, uh hold on, just so we have here, James Khin played Brian Piccolow and Brian Song with Gail says he died of cancer in the movie. Well, he was the other running back. Yes, no, don't tell me that straight. I loved him in that movie. Man, are you serious? Okay, we just had to relate it to sports movies. Okay, with the Gangster movie. Okay, right right there, ain't I ain't never shot a gun, but listen, that's the guy. He went to Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Yes, straight, do be a play. I don't take pictures and all that, but.
Speaker 1: I need you. I need that for the like put it on the ground. I need to put that on the ground. I did not know that I loved him in that movie. Man, he was in that movie.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, you ain't getting a picture with him no more. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah you go.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: No, oh man, boy, man, God damn oh man. I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Man, you can't make this ship up, ladies, gentlemen, it's real, it's really man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that that that's on me. I had an opportunity, I had a chance. I didn't know. I didn't know. That's what happened when you're in the project. Man, you got no cable. You you can't watch certain shit on TV. You know, if it ain't local.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if we ain't had no locals actors coming out where I came you from. So I'm sorry, but I did see Bill Cars every Thursday or eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that you saw the club show. No listen Wuerd.
Speaker 2: You never see to amaze me, man, like I learned something new. I think I think everybody learned something new every day about Swerve and the life of Swerve.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stop laughing. Yeah. He died in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Just you know, relying to just put it up there July July sixth, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: So it was a few a little bit ago.
Speaker 3: Damn, that was my guy in that movie. Man that when I watched that movie. Man, I watched that movie, he was keeping dang that hurt man, that one hurt. I had the opportunity to give him a hug. And you know, God, nobody. I blame the people that was around me and didn't tell me who he was, and really, you know, told me about him. That's that's the problem. It ain't my fault, you know. See, if they would have told me about I'd have made sure that you know, Hey, man, you're the man.
Speaker 1: Man. I love that movie. Man, I swear. Let me ask you this. Man.
Speaker 2: You look, look, you have to do something for me because nobody does it like you do.
Speaker 1: And we have a special guest.
Speaker 2: When we have a special guest on the show, you know, it's been customary as of late for you to bring him on because nobody does it like you do it.
Speaker 1: So please, can you bring all my special guests right now to the basketball world. He's Jack to me.
Speaker 3: If you watched the movie The Years Man, you talk about athleticism talking about three points, you're talking about getting to the basket.
Speaker 1: You're talking about a guy that can make plays. Now you're talking about a guy that's in his last year. And when you talk about.
Speaker 3: Legacy, Oh man, I saw him play court side last year. He put on the show and I can't wait to talk to him. I want to hear him first, but I want to talk to him at the end, because he's the reason why I gotta go back to the final four.
Speaker 1: I had Tom been in union.
Speaker 3: But when you talk about one of the best players in the Big ten and one of the tops in the country, jay A, come on in, brother, JA, that is what's up. Oh he must be from Flint. Must be Flint you, Oh man, come on, come on, come on man, oh man, God.
Speaker 1: Most people you know what. That's why I got my cigut because I knew some ship like this was gonna happen. Man, you're mute. J A.
Speaker 3: Turn your valume up. J You know what I'm gonna call you, old man. It's a bullshit. You you're gonna run to market? Oh man, God speak the phone. That's two times.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hey, you a color. They teach you signed language. Let's go. Oh man, come on, man, I.
Speaker 2: Bet, I bet you got an I phone. You need to get one of these. Get you an n I L with where where Android? Get you a flip ball?
Speaker 1: No, we can't do that.
Speaker 3: Come on, ja hey, come on man, okay, go call Io and go get one of his phone?
Speaker 1: Are you a kid? Andre Risen? Now he's from Flemington, man, hey from flip.
Speaker 5: He can he could be his cousin though they phone, I will tell you he's up the gym, I can say right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well go get the pay phone in Breslan. What's going on? Man? Oh lord? What in the hell is that? I wouldn't have bet you that's Andre Risen the cuz they don't even know it. I mean, can we can we get somebody to work with him? Backstage? All right?
Speaker 2: I mean, so you know we're talking about Jay Naked's who you know, son of Jerome and Apral Simmons. He has an older brother, Miles. Favorite movie is Grown Ups?
Speaker 1: Sweve? Did you know that favorite TV show? US Power?
Speaker 2: Favorite book is Ted and Me? And guess who his favorite athlete is? It ain't you guess whatever?
Speaker 1: It gotta be me, ain't be.
Speaker 2: I don't know who fired you? Who would to be well basketball. Oh if it ain't me, you gotta be Michael Jordan n Kobe. I mean, oh yeah, Mike got the meal, I got the psychology major. I mean, I'm I'm hopeful that we can get the audio fixed here so we could talk to Jayden.
Speaker 1: Yeah right here. It's crazy as hell. Hey, if I'm Drake can do it, j can do it. Man. I want to know what kind of he did he got. We gotta get him an n I l.
Speaker 2: Deal with the phone, because that's that's that's ridiculous, man, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm originally from Flint and it never hurt my brain cells. And Jayden is from Permitt. There we go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Trevor, I'm glad you made it out. I wouldn't have bet you twelve push ups. You do not stay and playing right now?
Speaker 2: The push up me the I mean, come on, man, you look, everybody's got said you got your Your laughing is contagious.
Speaker 1: Got me rolling over here.
Speaker 3: Hey, look out that I understand that all these kids all they do is play on their phone, right, That's that's all they do these day. They got TikTok, they got Instagram, they got Facebook, they got all this. They watched TV on their phone, they got group chats on their phone, they FaceTime on their phone, and when it's time to come on the show, to do it. But this is part of MS shoes. We can let you talk to the band. It's like missing the free throat and in the National Championship game.
Speaker 1: And I bet my last dollar what's so funny? Man, I'm a comp Listen, I know. Hold on, I'm gonna show everybody. Everybody be like, oh, you ain't got on numb.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call ar Zone right now because I cannot believe that he look all he is.
Speaker 1: Though I can't believe it. You get on his ass about this? Call it raight now you better answer to hello.
Speaker 2: I always right put it on speaking bout see if he asked, can't ask?
Speaker 1: Let me? He really know you don't like me? Really he didn't ask. You don't like him? Right, it's so. But when you see me, you gonna get me a hug and all that and like you. But when I called you, you didn't pick up the call. That's fat. Never miss Dean. This.
Speaker 3: You gotta pick on Flint because the guys that I know from Flint, when you meet him and they talk about Flint.
Speaker 1: You would think it's like soft Beech or it's like l A.
Speaker 3: And when I went to Flint, I was trying to hurry up to get back to East Lands because.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I left that shit in Miam. I don't want to come.
Speaker 2: To what right When I first went to Flint, I'm promised with because in the summer they have these things where, you know, we didn't need to have this in Miami. I guess when they graduated they give him money and give us or whatever, then we.
Speaker 1: Didn't have that trunk party or whatever they call it. And uh, I go back and before I go, oh bubba and please tell them, Oh yeah, man, take you back home. Man, it's cool. Man? Is this this?
Speaker 3: You ever seen New Jack City? And then quit cover? What the part with?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Brown took over the apartment building?
Speaker 1: Crazy man? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 3: Listen, That's what I thought when I went to Flint. I thought of New Jack City, the part went with Pook and on. It was in the building that's that that would remind.
Speaker 5: Me of Flint.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, o't here who like it? Called clean co? Uh all the Flint Stone. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Magic said, once you're in the spot, once your once you get the spartan end, you can't get it out. We say, once you get the flint in you, you're a flint stone forever. I mean, Trevor got a lot of saying.
Speaker 3: Now you know what Trevor Trevor is Uh you got a red cup? Like you got a red cup and I wouldn't have bet you it's not water in that red cup because trailor no, no, no, no, no no, you got just made national news a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Like let's talk.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, y'all hear me. Yeah, knowledge and knowledge the trade off though, because y'all can hear it, but y'all can't see me.
Speaker 1: So we we we'll do with your pictures.
Speaker 6: J about all right, it's good though. What's got next to the d from a room? What?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because what we're saying this go time. We need you?
Speaker 6: No you know, no time?
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely time. So tell us about.
Speaker 2: How stands going? You in the gym right now? What's going on with you? Where are you at?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm in it.
Speaker 6: I was in the gym right now. I have acces sitting on laptops so I'm trying to get it done on my phone. But yeah, I just got done in the gym, so I'm chilling out.
Speaker 2: So tell us what a typical day for a guy like you is in the gym, Like what kind of workouts are you doing in the summer?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Usually wake up at like seven six thirty. I'll get shots up probably about seven thirty seven forty five. Then we had lyft as a team at a thirty. Then after that we go into practice if we if it's a practice day, practice usually twelve thirty or eleven thirty. Then after practice we have our meals and stuff, breakfast, eat that, then work on some school works see my academic advisor, and then try to get some extra shots up like around this time. Get in like seven thirty, get out by like a thirty. Then I'm done for today.
Speaker 3: Hey jaa, can you can you do one of those tik toks with somebody following.
Speaker 1: You around and then so you wake up in the morning, you do there.
Speaker 2: Want I want to I want to see your whole day and make sure you tag tag me in it, so I can you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, I want to see your whole day, man, because I really believe it's gonna be a special year for you.
Speaker 1: Man. You've been there, You've been through the ups and down.
Speaker 3: What what what's what's your mindset going into this year?
Speaker 1: Because I think you guys got a game or something next week, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were playing over in Spain, like on this little foreign tour, So we're gonna play some teams over there. But my mindset, my mindset really just just leave everything out there on the court this year. I really got I got things I need to prove this year. But I'm kind of like in a free state of mind right now, and I'm really about to just go out there and and let the rest take care of itself.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, you know you guys are going on that tour, you said, do you happen to know? I mean, I know you're you're a player. Usually players in the last know about this. But how can fans watch you when you guys take off from go over to Spain.
Speaker 6: I actually don't know exactly how they can watch us yet, but I know it's got to be some type of live stream or link. I don't think it's gonna be on TV, but it's got to be some type of thing. But they haven't told us yet exactly how people can watch us, but I know it's gonna be available.
Speaker 2: So you know, looking at what the US team did today, you know they had to play against Serbia and now they're going to be playing against France.
Speaker 1: Like what have you heard from guys.
Speaker 2: In the industry, players in America right now about the quality of playover in Europe and and you know obviously South America.
Speaker 6: I mean, the game is growing like every day really. Obviously this past draft that we had, it was a lot of European players or non American players that were drafted in the first round and just in the draft in general. So the rest of the world's been catching up over the past couple of years and you know, decades, but the United States has got to, you know, keep going strong.
Speaker 1: Why is that? What do you think? What are they doing to cat? What are you in your opinion?
Speaker 6: I mean, first of all, like it's a lot of like taller like seven foot is coming over here at sixteen, but they all trained as a guard though, like you know, how tall they're gonna train you as a center or put you in a post and stuff like that. But they over there, they got basketball academies and they training you as a guard or as just the all around player. You're working on every part of your game, not just back to the basket.
Speaker 2: If you're a tall guy, oh that's a big that's a difference making right there.
Speaker 1: I swear what you think. I think you hit it right on the head man.
Speaker 3: But hey, what what what's one of your I know we got another season coming up. But in your time in Michigan State, what's been one of the greatest moments?
Speaker 1: You had to name your top three moments so far? Uh.
Speaker 6: I would say an individual moment was a dunk I have versus Villanova my sophomore year. I feel like it was probably the best dunk I had in my college career. I say, beating Marquette to go to the Sweet sixteen. That was a really cool moment that we had as a team. And I'll probably say being Illinois at home this year, it was just a crazy atmosphere, like one of the loudest games I've been in. So that too, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know when you talked about that dunk against Hillinova, I remember that one. You know, when you look at like your athleticism, that's one thing that just jumps off the television screen when you're at a game watching you play. That's something that you just I mean it's it's a beautiful thing. Poetry, emotion. Where did you get that from? Like when did you know? Like, hey, man, I got I got this ability.
Speaker 1: I'm a guard. I'm six what are you? Six three? Six four? Yeah? Like six three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can just bang like that? Like where'd you where'd you learn that? And who do you model your game after?
Speaker 6: I think I got a little bit at lesson from my dad, Like he used to play back in the day and people tell me, like he used to be fast and stuff. So I don't think he could jump like that, but I know he was like quick and fast, So I think I got that from him. And then jumping. I mean I started dunking like eighth grade. So once I started dunking eighth grade, I knew that I had a little bit of athleticism.
Speaker 1: So yeah, eighth grade. Brown is somebody you remember Shannon Brown when you were growing up.
Speaker 6: I mean he played here when I was like super young. I remember him like from the NBA, and I've seen film with him being here, Like I watched some games that he's been in. I mean I think he might got me beat like a little bit of athleticism wise as far as like one foot because it was crazy, but I could definitely see uh similarity. I mean, he wore three too, and he was a good shooter as well, So I mean it would be a blessing to get to where he got to in his career.
Speaker 3: Hey ja, if you had a chance to play your dad right now one on one. And I say that because I got two kids, man that played for the ball and when we go work out, they talk trash to me. You know, they don't want to look at my film. I send them clips and stuff.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: You know, It's like you'll never think they dad made it to the NFF. It's crazy. I don't know where they get that. I don't know where they get that ship from, but it drives me crazy. But if you played your dad one on one right now, do you take it easy on him or you think he beat.
Speaker 1: You out of that game?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 6: I mean, he definitely not beating me, and I'm not taking it easy on him just all the time when I was a kid. When I was a kid, he ain't taken easy on me so and he too old now to keep up. So I'm not taking.
Speaker 1: Oh man too old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he more on the mentor side of things right now. He a mentor now, so you don't need to listen up.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say that because when I played my kids, I'm a little stronger than him.
Speaker 1: They strong, but they're not a stronger than me. And I back the adds down every time.
Speaker 3: So once you miss it over because I'm throwing o's and everything, I don't care nothing about you. I don't cat up at what your mama gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to weave.
Speaker 6: I feel that I'm gonna be the same way when I got kids too, I'm gonna be the same way.
Speaker 1: But your time is passed where that's what he trying to say.
Speaker 2: You're a nice way, especially young man. You know, going back to your days before you got to Michigan State. Who got you playing basketball?
Speaker 6: Oh? That just go back to my dad, Like he put the ball in my hand when I was about three, and then I got a cook in that I used to play at Jordia Tech back in the day. So I used to just be watching him like his older highlights, and then my Dad really just put the ball in my hand and just allowed me to choose, and I just fell in love with the game for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like nowadays, kids, I mean, you know, Cedric is always talking about the music is all terrible now compared to what.
Speaker 1: They used to be.
Speaker 2: What is in your playlist when you get when you' putting shots up, you gotta have something year what you're listening to.
Speaker 6: Funny you say that, because like I'm kind of old school, like I'm a mix, I'm a hybrid. But like I got older parents, so I grew up around a lot of older stuff. So it just depends on how I'm feeling that day. Like I got some R and B playlists, like an old school nineties R and B playlist. I got some some.
Speaker 1: Uh h, there you go.
Speaker 6: If I'm on some chills stuff. But then if I come rap like I might come like obviously jay Z, Jada kiss uh In new new school like Future h Drake, obviously all the new guys. I got a hybrid, though, like I don't try to listen to them like like crazy rapping stuff before twelve though, I try to keep it chill in the mornings.
Speaker 1: You don't want to burn out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I keep it chilling.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm so glad you ain't say uh whatever on brown and go sex and man, that is terrible.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ship that.
Speaker 2: When I come up there two weeks me and you had to have to sit down because you know, no, we're not listening to that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said what you said.
Speaker 6: I'm on the same page. I'm on the same page. I'm trying to I don't be pumping that either. Keep I keep it cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's born to those three swear Come on.
Speaker 6: Now, I mean too much of that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, three.
Speaker 6: Yes, time go by super fast, super fast.
Speaker 2: Speaking of this, before we move forward, we have that dunker you against Villanova.
Speaker 6: If we can play that, let me see that, let me see that.
Speaker 1: We jump.
Speaker 6: It was so loud in their like, it was so a lot of men when it happened. So that was definitely my favorite moment.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, ja a, I did that same dump. It was eight feet No, no, it was listen, listen, I just I played I played that. What are you doing in Miami?
Speaker 3: Kids in the basement, listen eight feet When we used to lead high school, I'm talking about grown me eighteen seven seniors. We used to go to the eight Feet God the Elementary and it was the best basketball game, Old and I had a dunk like that on Charles Williams and I dunk like that and I said, your mother, that's how I did.
Speaker 2: Jake, what you say to the get after he dunked on the boy from Villa Love a jump they had.
Speaker 1: To nerve a jump on it.
Speaker 6: I was talking to my bench and I was just I don't even member exactly what I said, but I know I was just talking crazy my bench.
Speaker 1: Stuff. You can't say you can't yah, you can swear. Go ahead, man, I know you may say so.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Letten day before I know you know you got to get back to your shop.
Speaker 1: Old.
Speaker 3: Let me take my glasses off because I want you to hear me understanding.
Speaker 1: Listen, Yeah, I need to go back to the final four. Right, I haven't been that last time I been.
Speaker 3: We won the national championship, right okay, And I'm glad we got you on the show because you got the talent and you got the leadership to take us there. You got some great ones that been here. The team cleves o the world. Charlie ben I can go on and on all those guys before you. Now listen to the thing I saw from from the outside looking in with the mateen CLEAs he had his whole teammates believing in them.
Speaker 1: Right. He talked to talk and he walked the walk, and he backed it up and they followed. And my thing is, you can do that. You got to do that. If you don't do it for you and your daddy, do it for me.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to the Final four and talk my shit, But you gotta.
Speaker 1: You gotta play with a purpose and play with your walk. Gotta be different, Your talk gotta be different.
Speaker 3: It gotta be so much seriousness in your game to everybody want to follow you. To the point that coach is said, who the hell is this guy? He's totally different. He the first one in the gym, He the last one in the It ain't no days off because now you're playing for a national championship, you're playing for a lottery pick.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 3: And if you get to be a lottery pick, let me bory five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: No on the rail. Though I hear everything he's saying, Hey, I ain't been to the final four yet, either. So that's what's on my mind every day. I got my goals written down from me. I look at him every morning. So just just know it's serious and I'm gonna take care of business. That's all you gotta know.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we love.
Speaker 2: That, you know, Jay, and I mean we really appreciate you getting there. I mean, you showed us when we had that brief moment of you being on camera. I know where you were at. That was not in the apartment, you in, you in the building. You know, get them shots up? How many shots by the way before we let you? How many shots on the average you think you take it that.
Speaker 6: I know I'm making every session, I'm making about five hundred, Like every session I'm in the gym, so out of the day, at least a thousand makes a day for sure.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. Hey man, keep your work. Man. We want to definitely get back to you during the season. You know we're gonna have the team on here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have you all gonna talk about it as nestball season right now. I know it's football time, So this is Brian and getting ready. Its good season in store for you. Really appreciate your time. Don't be a stranger. Thank you coming on.
Speaker 6: I appreciate y'all. Man, all love they blessed he.
Speaker 3: Before you go, I'm gonna get you on Instagram like you know me, like some of my so I know.
Speaker 1: So, and I want to see what's going over the Italy. Man.
Speaker 2: If you get a chance to make one of them dunks on one of them Italy dudes doing it, be like that's for swear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got you, man, I got you for tell Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before you go, we got a big event coming up and people don't even know this yet.
Speaker 1: That's after the game on Friday, on the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: The next day, Saturday, is gonna be a big event local McDonald's. It's gonna be to honor you know, the Marion Smith, his mother, who's who's really battling it right now and help his family, you know, having cancer.
Speaker 1: So we want to invite you to that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you offline about that so you can get the graphic and everything and retweet it.
Speaker 1: But you definitely invite all the rest of the basketball team. We're all going to be I'm there.
Speaker 2: If you come, I need you to buy me. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm coming My man, my man, he got it. He got the money straight, the t got money. Yeah, I'm on two number Three's that.
Speaker 6: That in a large coat? I got?
Speaker 2: All right, Ja man, I appreciate you brother, All all right, man, Jade Akins, you got to swerve.
Speaker 1: You can't help it, man, you can't help yourself straight.
Speaker 3: You know how much money these kids are getting nowadays, two number ones. That's not gonna kill them. And I promise you I'm gonna ask him, Hey, man, can you get that that that big meal?
Speaker 1: You promise me? I need I know you will.
Speaker 3: I think, I think because I'm I'm killing out hot with the five dollars. I think I just went this morning right there, and I had I had four dollars and and I found four quarters.
Speaker 1: And it's five dollars in sixty two cents. And I had fired all of them sixty two cents. And I ain't paying cake for like two hours, two hours. Damn all right, getting swoll around there.
Speaker 2: It's working, Ray, And thank you for being so patient and not laughing and clowning and saying that Jaden was a part of the Flintstone family with you know, all kinds of people like Andre Rise and everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you for not doing that, and clown and everybody today final sick.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he found a way to get it done. He couldn't have his picture on there.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, but he found a way to get it done.
Speaker 3: At least he finished the show. Some shit that Andre Rising couldn't do it. And when I see Rising, i'mna let him know. Come on, man, you can't put you on it. You can't protest for you to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: In your phone don't.
Speaker 3: Work because if they call you.
Speaker 2: He said, he said, I knocking on the door. That's knock on. Oh my goodness. All right, that's it. That's a wrap, you know, for Cedric Gervan. I'm Jason Straord. This is Sparta M s U. Everybody. Have a good night, God bless you all.
Speaker 1: Go break good way.