Speaker 1: It's seven oh six and a very happy Friday to everybody. Brian Thomas always happy to talk to Dave Williams finding my line projecting Taxpayers dot org from the Taxpayer Protection a Liance. Welcome back, Dave, my friend. It is always great speaking with you. Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny the other day I was listening to the radio, listen to music and that song you'r intro song, and I'm like, wait a second, is it time for Brians?
Speaker 3: Like that was a bit triggered when I heard it on the radio.
Speaker 1: Well, you can always count on Tool regularly here on the fifty five KERC Morning Show for Bumper Music. I start my program like I have them. It's my eighteenth year in radio and almost from the outset, I have opened the program with anima by Tool. If you read the lyrics, you'll know exactly why, Dave, you'll know exactly why. And in fact, if you don't know the lyrics of that song, when you get off ae n im a is how you spell it. Read the lyrics you will crack up and you will understand exactly what I'm talking about. Listen to the tunes. It's awesome it's my favorite band tool. Anyway, something that's not in your list. But I had to interject this real quick. Hurricane Milton destroyed the Tampa Rays Tropic can Of Field and if you saw the roof got ripped off of that. In the reporting on that, they said they're supposed to have a brand news stadium built by twenty twenty eight to replace this one. I guess total cost one point three billion. Now I laughed at that because the total cost of the stadium upgrades that the Bengals won came in only slightly less than the cost to build an entire stadium in Tampa. So anyway, I know you're a big fan of watching these stadium deals, so I thought i'd interject that sort of comical objection.
Speaker 2: This is, yeah, Brian, this is crazy. One point two billion for upgrade upgrades. I mean, you're not even building a new stadium. These are just upgrades. I mean, are these going to be gold plated seats? I can't imagine what you're going to spend. And when I say you, it's going to be taxpayers.
Speaker 4: I'm a Hamilton County resident.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so wow, pivoting over uh Congress shocking, No, one Congress is making improper payments.
Speaker 2: Huh wow, this is a story that is so underreported. You know, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars a year in improper payments. And what improper payments means is that the money is going to the wrong people or they're getting too much money. These are payments that shouldn't be going out. And what that means, Brian, is that no one's going to miss them. If they stop these improper payments, no one is going to miss them. It's not as if, you know, people have deserved this money, because no, they're spending too much out and we're talking about hundreds of billions and still in COVID relief. There's still a lot of money in COVID relief, money coming out of the treasure, and the treasury means our pockets.
Speaker 1: Well, I just read an article about, you know, FEMA running out of money right into the fiscal year that I've already blown through half of their full annual allocation. They're complaining about not having enough sufficient resources of course to deal with the hurricane damage. And the follow up article that I just saw this morning ten billion dollars in leftover COVID funds may be available to offer the residents struggling with damage some relief. And I just it just cracked me up that, oh, look, we got an extra ten billion dollars laying over here for something It isn't even a problem anymore. Welcome to the federal government. It's inability to keep track of and properly allocate money.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you saw this, but Speaker Johnson late yesterday said that when Congress comes back, they're looking at a supplemental bill for about one hundred billion dollars to deal with Helene and Milton there hurricanes. So I mean this is going to get more and more expensive, and one hundred billion dollars as a supple mental I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Well and sadly, like COVID programs, another program that will probably be subject to fraud, waste and abuse.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: And so back when Katrina hit the Golf coast, Senator Tom Kober and the late Senator Tom Kober and had this idea. He said, listen, we're going to spend billions of dollars in the Golf coast, right, so why don't we spend a few million on the Inspector General. Let's bolster the Inspector General's office. Let's hire some auditors to monitor, you know, the waste fraud and abuse that we know is going to happen during Hurricane Katrina six million dollars out of you know billions, and Congress said, no, that's too much, we don't want to do that. I mean, this was, you know, back in two thousand and five. They should resurrect that idea today. And if they are going to spend one hundred billion dollars, part of that has to go to the Inspector General because there's going to be massive, massive, waste fraud and abuse. You're going to see people gaming the system. And I can't imagine you talk about improper payments. Wow, you know we could see twenty percent of that one hundred billion dollars in improper payments.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. If you search for it, you'll find it. And why don't they allocate more resources? I mean, you would think that fiscal responsibility and avoiding improper payments just conceptually does not have a partisan stripe. If there are hundreds of billions of dollars out there that are going to the wrong place, if you're a lefty and you think government should spend more on filling the blank some every social cause you want, Well, there it is right there. Wouldn't you want to account for the money properly so it frees up the dollars to go to your favorite pet program? Or if you're a fiscal hawk like I am, wouldn't you just want to get rid of the fraud, waste, and abuse for the purpose of improving our bottom line.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't understand it, because this is the low hanging fruit of things, right. We're not asking people to sacrifice anything. We're just saying get rid of these improper payments. And even if you've got fifty or seventy five percent of this, you'd still make a huge difference. And again, you know, for some reason Congress doesn't want to do this, and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Is it potentially and I hate to even ask this for fear you're going to say yes, just simply an insurmountable hurdle. You can hire all the biggest of the big five accounting firms, whatever they happen to be these days. I know that's changed over the years. I still think about Arthur Anderson, for example. But you could hire all those accountants at a very sizeable dollar per hour charge. I might point out they do charge a lot like lawyers, but that they just couldn't deal with the work. That there's so much money flowing out of Washington, DC that to monitor and make sure it's properly paid is just beyond anybody's capability.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't give up.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't just throw in the tout and say, just because it's too big of.
Speaker 3: A job, we're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, imagine if the pioneers of this country said that this is too big of a job, so we're not going to do it.
Speaker 3: It has to start some.
Speaker 1: Well, the pioneers weren't activities, weren't paid for by robbing someone else to do it.
Speaker 2: True, true, And so I think that you know, when you look at the inspector generally look at any sort of watchdog you have to have teeth to it is that if you are caught defrauding the government, whether you're a company a person, you no longer get taxpayer money full stop. You have to pay back the money, and you are no longer eligible to get any sort of grant from the federal government. There has to be some sort of accountability and not just a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 1: Well, in which case I can see them just rechanging the name of their five oh one to three c or NGO operation to some other name and file different paperwork and just reappear as well, basically the same group and in a different under a different name and reapply.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then it becomes a whack a mole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they just keep on popping up and you try to beat them down for sure, No.
Speaker 1: I know, but I mean every logical solution comes with some sort of parallel associated with it. And again that goes to the maybe they just have decided behind the scenes like screw it.
Speaker 4: It's just not worthy. We're never going to be able to go a head around this.
Speaker 2: And remember Brian criminals are always marter ha been the government. They always have a new scam going.
Speaker 4: Yes they are.
Speaker 1: And of course that's one of the reasons we talk with Dave Hatter, who preceded you on the program with tech Friday, and all the ways that these hackers are so much more brilliant than apparently the people that designed the software. Anyhow, we got more to talk about with Dave. One is Protecting Taxpayers. Dot organ is where you find the Taxpayer Protection Alliance online coming up with DAVE, government owned Internet Networks in Minnesota. Minnesota land that job with that contract. Anyway, we'll continue at seving fourteen.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 1: If you five kcy Talxation and I want to steer you in the right direction. For plumbing residential plumbing, it's plumb tight plumbing done right. It's always plumbing done right. With plumb tight plumbing, they are amazing plumbers, excellent customer service. They're excellent communication in terms of when you schedule the appointment. Like all service companies, you're going to get a window, but when they're on their way over, they give you a call ahead of time, so you know for sure when they say they're twenty minutes out, they're going to be there in twenty minutes. It's been my experience every time with plumb Tight. They'll also send you photograph for the plumber sena who's going to be standing on your front door, and that plumber will have exceptional customer service. They'll evaluate your plumbing project and give you a fair and ethical quote. They will never try to say you or anything you do not need from the biggest plumbing job to the smallest. You've got the right folks working for you. So if we have recently heavy rains in the link you have me as some pump may have gone out, maybe your water pressure is really really low. There's solutions for that, and there are always solutions for all your plumbing needs. With plum type probably serving from northern Kentucky all the way up to dat and do a circle around that you got the region that plumb Tight serves. To learn more the website plumb Tight t t E plump tight dot com. The number five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 4: If you missed our twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first on one forecast sonny in seventy six today, overnight clear and forty eight sunny and seventy eight tomorrow. Chance of rain overnight on Saturday, not much so after two am. Otherwise it's just partly cloudy in sixty two and chance of showers before two pm on Sunday, mostly Sunday otherwise an OHIO eighty one forty three.
Speaker 4: Now time for traffick update Chuck from the uc L Traumptic Center.
Speaker 5: Mamma Graham Say Vives called five one three, five eight four paink dischedule.
Speaker 4: You're in your mammogram with uc HELSE expert team.
Speaker 5: That's five one, three, five eight four Pink Highway traffic continues to look good even northbound four seventy one. You take those barrels out of the left lane and there's the minor delays into downtown. Crews are working with a couple of res in Claremont County. There's a wreck on Woodville Pike in the clean up stages near Deerfield. The other is just above Felicity on one thirty three at seven seventy four, Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five payer SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is seven eighteen coming up with seven nineteen to fifty five fair CD talk station Brian Thomas with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. All Right, moving away from improper payments to government owned internet network What what's going on with this?
Speaker 2: Well, so these things are popping up all over the country, is that state and local governments are using taxpayer money to build internet systems, broadband networks, and they're believed or not sailing failing as absolutely alarm Yeah, shocking, right that the governments all.
Speaker 1: Right, well we'll do the whole win a why let us start with the why would they get involved in this effort when the free market seems to be adequately serving our ability to get online?
Speaker 2: Because they don't think that the free market is adequately doing this. And listen, we have wireless, we have starlink, we have fiber, We have so many options for people to connect to the internet. But government doesn't understand that. And they've spent you know, billions, tens of billions of dollars to connect people when the private sector has actually spent trillions of dollars to connect people. And that's why these projects are failing at an alarming rate across the country. And so if you're a city and you build one of these networks mentioned Minnesota, this is Wilmer, Minnesota, they had to borrow twenty five million dollars, so that means they have to pay the twenty five million dollars back with interest. And after five or ten years, people aren't subscribing to these networks, so they fail.
Speaker 3: So now they had this huge bill they have to pay and.
Speaker 2: They don't even have a broadband network in Well, we've been talking about this for years.
Speaker 3: Brian, is that they need to stop doing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, people aren't signing up, I presume, going back to my original point, because we already have free enterprise providing these services to the public, which are obviously keeping Verizon and other carries like that making it in the in business not only but also making fat profit. People are not signing up for the government internet services because well, maybe there's a better alternative out there. In other words, the government cannot compete in a free market with its product. Who is this system set up for? Is this for like people on life's margins who can't afford a monthly internet build from a regular normal so to say, Verizon type carrier.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, because there are federal programs to help people pay for internet.
Speaker 4: Service, right, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: This is, Yeah, this is to compete directly with the private sector.
Speaker 3: And with.
Speaker 1: Socialism. The state owns the means of production in this particular case, and controls the means of production, I might add, So owning the internet service provider government own and providing that is absolute.
Speaker 2: Socialism, and the economics of it makes no sense. If you're a Comcast, you're a Verizon, you have economies of scale, right because you're buying equipment economies of scale. If you're a city, you are not. I mean, when you're building this network, you don't get the same economies of scale, and everything is more expensive and the service isn't as good. And get this, they are charging the same amount for the service. If you want one gigabyte, if you want cable, whatever it is, we can paired it. And they're charging the same as a Comcast, as a charter, as a horizon. So there's no price differential.
Speaker 1: Poor service. Nope, it's not a better price. It's government run and own. Therefore services worse literally across the board. There is no advantage whatsoever. So no kidding. These things aren't working. So is this is this sort of a concept that that's ongoing. Are they doing this elsewhere or is this Minnesota sort of an outlier in lunacy all.
Speaker 3: Over the country.
Speaker 2: Next door Kentucky Wired was one of the pioneers in wasteful spending on a government owned network, and this was the middle mile project that they've been doing. You know, billions of dollars that Kentucky had to finance, and you know we again we have Starlink and Amazon even has a satellite based internet service. So there's massive competition out there, and for some reason, the government doesn't see it.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I shouldn't be perplexed because this is government we're talking about. But I guess I wonder do the individual states like Kentucky, for example, you mentioned one of the being done there, do they have a say over whether or not they're going to move forward with this? And what is the incentive for a state to want to take on its own financial obligations, or even a city like you point out in this in Minneapolis, or a city to go twenty five million dollars in the hole to fund something that isn't going to benefit them in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: Do they have a choice?
Speaker 1: What is the dangling carrot that would push any idiot politician or decision maker into this situation?
Speaker 2: They absolutely have a choice. And what we're seeing is a lot of consultants pop up. Is a consultant, we'll go into a city and do a study and say, oh, yes you need this streetcar taxpayer, Yeah, this new broadband system. Well guess what this consultant also builds it. And I'm reminded of the Simpsons the mono rail, where everyone was excited for the mono rail to come in, and you had the consultant come in and say, yes, a monorail will help the city, you know, economically. I mean, that's what these things are. These are the Springfield monorails of twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we've talked to a lot of topics over the years, Dave, and I don't know, I'm troubled or I'm struggling to find one that's any that it's dumber than this. This is a perfect illustration of government stupidity and government endeavoring. I presume it will over the long term if they do enough of these stupid projects, failing as they are, that maybe they're interested in just putting out private internet providers. Are putting private internet providers out of business, and whatting the government take over it? Going over to my concerns over the First Amendment and government's trying to control the narrative over our speech. Is this not a vehicle that could potentially do that?
Speaker 2: It absolutely is, And this really has showed the contempt that the government has for business and free enterprise. You look at all the anti trust actions right now by the Federal Trade Commission, by the Department of Justice. It really is a distrust and really trying to break down and destroy business and corporations in this country. And listen, I am not here to defend corporations. I think they do a lot of head things, but they also do good things. They employ people, they add to the economy and for the government. And this is a lot of this is political. It has nothing to do with policy. Is that the you know, Elizabeth Warrens of the world hate certain businesses, so they want the Federal Trade Commission to break them up, to destroy them. And this is not what the government is for. And we've gotten so far away from the original intent of what this country was supposed to be about.
Speaker 3: It's not even funny.
Speaker 4: It isn't funny.
Speaker 1: We'll pause, bring day back for one more of the irs and political Vendata seven twenty five. Right now, if you've got kc DE talk station and speaking of money matters, Suseette Lovescamp. Of course, mortgage is probably one of the biggest financial transactions you'll ever get involved with. Borrowing money for the purposes of acquiring a home. We all know how that works, and Susette makes that process so so easy for mortgages. Any mortgage related situation, I mean, even the idea of a second more which never I mean a reverse mortgage, never appeals to me. But Suzette knows about those and can help you with that fixed second mortgage, cash out options, lines of credit, down payment assistance programs are available for certain states. She knows everything there is with more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. On top of that, her customer service is absolutely superior. You couldn't be working with a nicer, sweeter person, or someone who's going to get you through this process as quickly and painlessly as possible. Thank you Suzette for helping my daughter out with her financing on her home. She's never charges a junk fee, never charges an application fee, and Susette is with Cross Country Mortgage, which means she can help you regardless of which state you're in. And my friend's in Puerto Rico, she can help you too. Send he an email or shooter a center of drop her a line and our phone number. She'll get right back with you. Again, no junk fees or application fees, just great rates at a low cost. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six SUSTT dot Lows Camp lo O s e KA mp SS at dot Low's Camp at CCM.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linders Center of Hope, Lenders County. Here's your nine first one to one to forecast NICs day to day sunny and seventy six clear skies overnight forty eight sonny again tomorrow seventy eight partly cloudy with this is a slight chance of showers overnight sixty two for the low and mostly sunny on Sunday. Little chancell rain before two pm eighty one for the high.
Speaker 4: Forty four out time for traffic from the UCO Tramphics Center.
Speaker 5: Mammogram Saved vives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram.
Speaker 4: With UC Health Expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink.
Speaker 5: Northbound seventy five continues to run less than seven minutes out of Erlinger into downtown southbound seventy five. You'll need an extra three to four between Evandale and the lateral southbound seventy one is no problem at all through Blue Ash and Kenwood.
Speaker 4: Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC The talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on seven thirty fifty five KERCD talk station right time was the Dave Williams and the Taxpayer Protection Alliance again online Protecting Taxpayers dot org. We end on the IRS and political vendit is it going back to lowesst Learner on this one, Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this goes back boy to the twenty ten and we remember the political targeting of Lowist Earner, and the Taxpayer's Protection Alliance was actually part of that because you know, we were formed in twenty eleven and we got some very nasty letters from Lois Learner.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously we were able to get our nonprofit status as a fee for but it wasn't easy.
Speaker 3: Because we had the word taxpayer in our name.
Speaker 2: And the same thing is still happening fourteen years later, is that the IRS now is looking at when a company sells assets to a third party. So I'm really boring sort of, you know, inside baseball stuff. But the IRS is saying, now we are going to review even though it's legal, we are going to review and potentially audit every single transaction, not based upon the legality, but based upon who's doing it.
Speaker 3: And it's more of.
Speaker 2: A political a judgment rather than a policy judgment.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't that illegal?
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And this is why we wrote the outbed, this is why we have the ears and eyes of people in the Senate and the House, and they are investigating this and looking into this because this.
Speaker 3: Is blatantly illegal.
Speaker 2: And you know, this is one of those things where you know Lowis learned listen, she uh that was public and a lot of people knew about that. This is something that has really flown under the radar and really needs a lot more attention that they are now targeting politically companies in this country.
Speaker 3: And when you do that, companies will leave.
Speaker 2: You know, there's only so much that they're going to take from from the IRS and from the tax food and they're going to leave. So that's that's my concern is that this is not only going to hurt the companies themselves, but it's going to hurt us economically. If these companies do relocate.
Speaker 1: Well, as you point out, Charles Little John, IRS contractor go off of the slap on the risk for illegally leaking sensitive TAC documents. That's typically the outcome and anything when they find somebody has engaged in illegal behavior, nothing really becomes of it, which is doesn't act as much of a deterrent, if you know what I mean. That's a key pillar of the criminal justice system is to deter people from getting involved in crime because of the penalties. But the penalties are always quite.
Speaker 2: Light, and we've seen the IRS targeting lower income individuals to audits.
Speaker 3: I mean this is.
Speaker 2: You look at a heat map of where the poor people in this country, the Mississippi Delta region, they get audited more than Westchester County, New York County. Yes, I mean this is people just kind of shake their head when they see this. But this is not anecdotal. These are reports and this is you know, analysis that have been done. Is that the Mississippi Delta region gets audited more than Westchester County, New York. I mean, this is just shocking information for people to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me point out, is it not true that the income disparities are rather stark between those two regions of our country.
Speaker 4: Days.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're talking about you know, missus FI Delta about thirty thousand dollars a year median income Westchester County probably about seventy or eighty thousand on the low end, no way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you probably can't get in Westchester County with an eighty thousand dollars a year salary. Any they won't issue you have passed. Well, I guess is there any pending litigation on this? Could you address the problem on a broader spectrum rather than just some individual being targeted havy to go to court, lawyer up and go after the IRS for being targeted.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what happened with the Supreme Court earlier this year with Chevron and the low for Bright decisions really is going to put pressure on the IRS because now Congress can get in there and say, okay, you are misinterpreting.
Speaker 3: It's not your job to interpret what this means.
Speaker 2: So I think, you know, and we've talked about this before the Supreme Court cases, this is I think this is an area which really could have more definition now now that we have Loper Bride and Chevron in our back pockets.
Speaker 1: Well, there's certainly been some great progress toward creating the environment legally speaking, to pair back the reach of the administrative state. That's one of the blessings we have with the current Supreme Court makeup. You know, the Westchester or rather the West Virginia versus e PA decision, the Chevron decision which you just mentioned in others. Really, I mean, I think that's going to do a world of good for us in terms of trying to hold our government accountable for wealth.
Speaker 2: They're open Congress, and it's and it's up to Congress, and we need a Congress that understands what this means and moves forward.
Speaker 3: And Brian, let me just tell you.
Speaker 2: During the two breaks, I went to look the lyrics of that Tool song and yeah, absolutely right, I'm reading them right now.
Speaker 1: And FCC will allow me, Yeah, the FCC won't. I won't allow me to play much more than just a few few lines from the song. But it makes a very profound point, you know, learn to whom Libertarian message from Dave Whims of the Taxpayer Protection Lines and Brian Thomas this morning. Dave, Happy Friday, brother. It's always great having the program. Keep up the great work, and I'll recommend my listeners check you out again at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Appreciate what you do each and every day, Dave. I'll look forward to having you back on the program real soon.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Run you too, Doctor fred Pack, Doctor Meghan Frew awesome dentist. Doctor Meghan Frew back from her her maternity leave, which is important thing. So I'm glad to hear she is back, and I'm glad to hear that doctor Fredpeck's still doing well. They're both awesome dentists, and you are in the best capable bust possible hands in terms of general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. I think there's like ninety total people in the world that are accredited fellows with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and they're only three in the entire state of Ohio. You think about how many dentists there are out there in the world. Well, doctor Fredpeck is one of those accredited fellows. That shows a lot just the designation because you've got to do so many different as many procedures and properly and and and successfully to qualify for that. Doctor Fred Peck, he his passion is cosmetic dentistry. So if you want transformative dental work, you are not happy with the way your smile is. You don't like to smile because you're afraid of showing your t UNI doctors Peck and Fru, doctor Peckworking Hunter accreditation with the American Academy. But again for general dentistry, my whole family's general dentist practice always state of the art, always a just the unbelievably friendly folks there. It's a welcoming, warm environment and so if you're wigged out about going to the dentisty, you're gonna feel comfortable from the get go. And they also have sedation dentistry if that's your thing, best practice around I assure you of that. Learn more online go to Peck pec kpexsmiles dot com.
Speaker 4: Tell them.
Speaker 1: Brian said, Hi, I'm friends with all those folks over there over the years five one three six two, one seventy six sixty six five to one three six ' two one seventy six sixty six fifty five KRC Bill Cunningham Mirror you