Speaker 1: John Caldera from the Independence Institute.
Speaker 2: You've heard him?
Speaker 3: What was what was a spinal tap album? It was called Break Like the Wind.
Speaker 1: Yes, was that the one that Oh my gosh, big Bottoms was on. Yeah, I believe that's their big hits on that one.
Speaker 3: What a hit When you sing it to a woman, I don't know, it's probably the most romantic thing you can do.
Speaker 1: Oddly, John, I've had that song song to me and it's not it's not at all. So anyway, it just no god no, Although no, I was about to say something that was inappropriate about him, because Chuck is still alive is but he shows great appreciation for my booty.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That's we'll just leave it at that. We'll just just moving on.
Speaker 4: Can we get some detail on it?
Speaker 1: We're not we're not doing it. Was the Chuck Bot three thousand. Would you have a buddy Bot?
Speaker 2: Would you have a robot? Friend?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: Would you do that?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 3: The only reason I got a Apple phone was so that Syria could make Alexa jealous.
Speaker 2: I'm a lonly lonely man.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you. But you're about to have a big party. Let's start with that. Then, we're gonna get to the Trump column. Why you're voting for Trump because I thought it was just so good. Not that I want to tell you that and inflate your ego even more. But let's talk about the ATF party first. Let's get that out of the way, because this is a super fun event.
Speaker 3: Well, twenty three years ago, we just had a wild hair. We getting tired of the nannyists telling us what we can't do, and.
Speaker 4: As adults, we thought, you know what, let's smoke, drink and shoot.
Speaker 3: So lo and behold came the alcohol, tobacco and firearms party at the Independence Institute. We're doing it on September fourteenth. You can go to our website thinkfreedom dot org, Thinkfreedom dot org. It's a fundraiser for us. And yes we do smoke, drink and shoot, sadly not in that order because of lawyers.
Speaker 4: But the spirit is there. We go out to Kiawa Creek Sporting Club.
Speaker 2: Spirits are there, are there?
Speaker 4: Very nice?
Speaker 2: Yes, Kiwa Creek is Dino mighte.
Speaker 1: If people have never been to Kyak Greek Sporting Class it is fantastic, great great events space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's just it's just a class it's like a golf course for killing clay pigeons.
Speaker 5: It is you go, you relax, you have a cigar, and you kill some clay and then we we have spectacular speakers.
Speaker 4: We had a female speaker.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've downgraded a little this year though, because.
Speaker 4: We were going to the bottom, yeah, bottom barrel. Right there after we had Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: There was this wine coming from your sisters station men. Look at me, so Michael Brown, one and only will who will join us as our as our guest of honor. And it's just it's just a good time, especially now with all the attacks on our gun rights, have, nannyism all that. It's just it's good to be around some people who well kind of thing the way.
Speaker 4: We do and enjoy the perks of adulthood.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and well adulthood at least after the shooting.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this question. How much does it cost to participate? How you know?
Speaker 1: I also put a link on my blog at Mandy's blog dot com, so people can you.
Speaker 4: Can go to the website and find out.
Speaker 1: I've got it in front of me. I was trying to tee you up. I thought, you know, how much your own event costs the place. Well, I just think you have basic knowledge, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, how long? How long have you known each other?
Speaker 1: I try to give you credit, John, because I want you to be better than you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, half the price, I'm lifting you up.
Speaker 4: The price.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred bucks for the party goer ticket, and the five stand shooter ticket is two hundred bucks, and a regular shooter ticket.
Speaker 2: Which is all the stands and everything is.
Speaker 1: Five hundred bucks. So there you go. But and I want to throw this sat here. Let me do a little marketing for you, John.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you going to charge me? No, I'm not. This is a freebie. First one's free, okay.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: The Independence Institute does an incredible job doing the very thing that today there's a news article about. And apparently, John, our legislators do not like ballot initiatives, and that's just one of the things you guys do for society. You have been pushing and pushing and pushing for years and this money helps do that.
Speaker 3: We put things on the ballot, We fight bad ideas, we educate legislators, we do lawsuits. We have David Koppel, who is the country's renown second Amendment lawyer. Without him, the Heller decision would not have happened, and we wouldn't have an individual right.
Speaker 4: If you like things like.
Speaker 3: Charter schools, if you like things like term limits, if you like things like concealed carry, if you like things like the taxpayer Bill of Rights, all of those were birth at the Independence Institute and turn from an idea to reality. And so while we never take ourselves seriously, we always take our mission seriously, and we believe there is a path to free Colorado from this socialism that's enveloping it right now exactly.
Speaker 1: And as people are like, okay, who do I don't to fight back? You donate to the Independence Institute. This is literally what they do all day, every day. And if you don't want to just make a straight donation, go have some fun and shoot some stuff.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it's we've been around for nearly four decades.
Speaker 3: We are the only conservative libertarian organization that actually has a footprint brick and mortar building close to the Capitol the same way that all the leftist groups do.
Speaker 4: It's just amazing when you.
Speaker 3: Send a person to the Capitol as a representative, they turn left because it's like sending your kid to Berkeley.
Speaker 4: All they see in that bubble is the Takings Coalestion.
Speaker 3: About a decade ago, we bought a beautiful building down there that we use for events. We have studio space, we have meeting space, and we're there to say we're not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: You forgot about the war Room. I love the war room.
Speaker 4: You've been in the war room, in the war room.
Speaker 2: It's pretty pretty freaking cool. It makes me feel powerful.
Speaker 4: Actually it is. It is very cool.
Speaker 3: We were into zoom meetings and tele communications before COVID, and so we've got this thing that looks very much like the war Room and Doctor Strangelove.
Speaker 1: People are hitting the text line with messages for you, John, I miss John calderon kaway and then this one talk about mudflaps. My girls got him. So there we go a little of this, a little of that. Let's talk about the column you did last week about why you're voting for Trump, because I will tell you, and I'm being dead serious here, it resonated in my soul. I felt, I felt so very much in tune with that column because I like you. After January sixth was like, nope, I'm done. There's no way I could vote for him again.
Speaker 3: Never again. Not a never Trumper, but it never again Trumper. After his terrible handling of January sixth, it was just unforgivable that our top law enforcement official is hiding out and not going to a camera and microphone to stop these rioters for the better part of three hours.
Speaker 4: And I was like, this is it. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I voted for you twice, but I can't do it again. And then I find myself now going Jesu Louise, I'm gonna vote for him a third time. And it's not because I'm voting for Trump. It's not even because I'm voting against Kamala. I'm voting against the entire system that creates the Biden's, Kamala's Obama's, and controls the media, controls the narratives, controls education, and has done so many things in the last several years to take away our rights, to separate us from society. You know, this is a machine that covered up, covered up Biden's complete dementia for three and a half years, yep, to the point where he proved it himself because he was off script for.
Speaker 4: An hour and a half. And then they turned on him like a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of jackal committed a coup and installed a candidate who never ran and won US primary.
Speaker 1: John I asked this question the other day on X and I'm being genuine, like, who decided that she was the candidate?
Speaker 2: Was that a zoom meeting?
Speaker 1: Was it a series of phone calls, a bunch of text messages between unelected people who somehow not only decided that she was going to be the candidate, they then whipped the entire democratic infrastructure behind her right in the.
Speaker 3: Same way did that in the same way they whipped the infrastructure behind Biden four years.
Speaker 1: But who was the decider? That's no one's talking about. That everyone's talking about. We all know who stabbed Joe Biden in the back. We know it was Nancy Pelosi's call that threatened him so severely that he finally dropped out. But we've got no information about the deciders of Kamala is our girl. We're gonna get everybody behind her, We're gonna shut down any insurrection. We're gonna make sure nobody wants a brokered convention, and we're gonna do it in three days.
Speaker 4: Who they all did that?
Speaker 3: They're the one factor that is not conspiratorial is, of course the money that given the hundreds of millions of dollars that the Biden Harris campaign collected, Harris is able to keep it and use it. If it was somebody else, they'd have to rebuild it very, very quickly. So out of expediency alone, she's our girl. How the media today is covering up her decades of socialistic policy and never forcing her to answer a question. That's the reason I'm voting for Donald Trump. And let me make this point clear. If you're like Mandy myself and we're like, I can't vote for this guy again, is it's just wrong.
Speaker 4: You don't have to in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You get a pass, and the pass is there's no way in hell Trump's going to win Colorado. Yeah, So if you want to have a protest vote, go have a protest vote.
Speaker 4: But you know what my protest vote is. My protest vote.
Speaker 3: Is going to be against this leviathan that continues to give us this permanent crisis.
Speaker 4: I call it perma crisis. Be scared, Be scared, Be scared.
Speaker 2: You're all gonna die. You're all gonna die.
Speaker 4: You're all gonna die.
Speaker 3: You're gonna die instead of freeing us. And so you know what, my protests vote and it's not gonna count, except maybe in that mythical popular vote that only reporters like to care about. But I'm I'm making my stand. Yeah, I'm gonna vote for this guy. Here's how crazy trumpies are. So I wrote the column that you mentioned. I had the line about how I was so disappointed by his behavior in January sixth. So instead of the Trump he's going, thank you John. Other people who are on the fence read this column. They fought me over January sixth. They all wanted to go back and relitigate January sixth.
Speaker 4: You're idiots, you know what you know about this? And what about Nancy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of I'm there looking at the social media tax on me, I'm thinking take the win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You just had a guy who said he'd never vote for Trump say that he is going to vote for Trump.
Speaker 4: Take the win.
Speaker 3: And it's like, this is why Colorado Republicans fail.
Speaker 4: This is why, this is why Dave Williams thinks he's still the still the chairman.
Speaker 1: I can't even talk about that whole just dumpster fire with I have come so close to cursing on the air over the Colorado GOP story that I have anything. In the last like five years, it has been really difficult to not share with people in all four letter word glory exactly how bad I think that situation is.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me give you, let me give you a raise, sunshiner, Okay, hit me, let me let me give you the joy I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that Kamala has. This is a good thing.
Speaker 3: The destruction of the Republican Party is a good thing in Colorado because it has been failing, and it's been failing for a decade. It needs to be completely.
Speaker 4: Burnt to the ground.
Speaker 3: Those of us who believe in capitalism understand the concept of creative destruction.
Speaker 4: That's what this is.
Speaker 3: And what comes out of this in the coming years.
Speaker 1: Like Phoenix from the ashes John.
Speaker 4: Caldera, it will and it might.
Speaker 3: My suspicion, I put this out as a as a strong possibility Colorado could become the first unaffiliated state.
Speaker 4: What I mean by that is in the city centers, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be hacked Democrats, and out in the rural areas.
Speaker 4: It's going to be Republicans.
Speaker 3: But in that swing area that the the area that controls everything. Suburban districts, female single mom dominated swing districts, They're gonna they're gonna get tired of both sides, and you're going to start to see I believe more unaffiliated candidates. When those are candidates in the legislation, will caucus with the Republicans on taxes, on regulation, on safety, on crime, and you'll probably join the Democrats when it's time to defend abortion rights or read or something. Fine, but I think that is going to be what we need to focus on. And there is no way that a party that says, let's go burn gay pride flags, you're never going to speak to those women.
Speaker 4: Well, last time, I'll say it this way.
Speaker 3: If you're in those districts and you're running as a Republican, instead of having an R behind your name right now, you might as well have a swastika behind your name because swing voters between Trump and abortion see Republicans that way.
Speaker 1: Well, let me just say this and then I'm gonna let you go because I got to do of the day. I would think that at this stage in the game, there is literally no benefit to running as a Republican, not just because of the swastika but because the state party is so dysfunctional, you're going to be left to your own devices anyway. So there's no upside to running with an arm beside your name.
Speaker 4: And that's that's especially in those districts.
Speaker 3: In a swing district, Uh, there's you know, if you're in a rural area, terrific, go fort go hardcore.
Speaker 4: Good for you, that's terrific. But yeah, what what do you get? Do you get money?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: You get called a rhino?
Speaker 3: You know, you get insulted because you don't pass the purity test.
Speaker 1: Dajoure yep, all right, John Caldera, we got to get people signed up for the ATF party happening on.
Speaker 2: The fourteenth of September.
Speaker 1: I put a link on the blog and a joy to talk to you is always You know, you could actually come in here to the studio one day.
Speaker 2: You could. You could make your happy way down.
Speaker 4: I could do that. But you want let's just say the host is a little handsy.
Speaker 2: Stop it. And you said you wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 4: I'm getting tired of that.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you know it?
Speaker 3: I'm tired of how you look at me when I'm in the studio.
Speaker 4: Because hey, lady, I'm up here.
Speaker 2: John Caldera, I'll talk to you later, my friend.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, have a good one.
Speaker 2: That is John Caldera being John