Speaker 1: And here we go with a Minnesota goodbye. With a lot of quality emails today, so think you've heard much. This one's from Kelly, and she says, I've been listening back to past shows. June seventh, somebody asked about donating or selling their wedding dress. She says she didn't feel right about donating it, but didn't know about selling it and wanted to know what to do with it. I recently heard about donating wedding dresses to a program that makes outfits for babies that are born with their wings.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've heard of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's called, so you'd have to look into it. But they make outfits out of the wedding dresses so the parents don't have to worry about picking out an outfit for their angels, as most of the time they don't make regular baby clothes small enough for them. Just thought i'd leave that out there for everybody else wondering what they can do, but still still feel good about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've heard of that too, and I can't remember where I saw it, and I know I saved it because I thought it was fascinating. But they it's essentially kind of like a communion not a communion dress. Baptism dress. Yeah, yeah, that they make out of wedding dress. It's very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if you have a wedding dress and you're divorced and you have no sentimental value for that dress, it's like, okay, what can I do with it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So now there is an idea. Here's another really cool idea. And I like this a lot. Britney writes in and says, anybody wants a real Christmas tree but has limited space or budget or both. I went to a regular nursery this year, not one of those pop up Christmas tree places, and they showed me spruce tops. It looks exactly like a small Christmas tree. And get this, it was fourteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a deal.
Speaker 1: It's about five foot tall, maybe two or three feet in diameter. She's a little less full than a regular tree. But I absolutely love this alternative. Just thought I would share. And she's sent in a picture for reference, and it is the top of a spruce tree. That's cute and it's great, and it's like, you know, it's small, but some that might be exactly what you want.
Speaker 2: Huh, Like a person living yeah, or you live by yourself. You don't have a family. I have a teeny tiny little tree.
Speaker 1: Is a real tree or fake tree?
Speaker 2: It's a fake tree. I have the one that has the like the gosh needles are fiber optics, so they like it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I really like that one. And it's fourteen ninety nine. So and the Christmas tree we bought this year, and we bought it from the Lions Lot so it goes to a good cause. It was one hundred and twenty bucks. Crap, it's about an eight foot tall tree.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know. I've never had a real tree, so I never know. Actually how much those cost.
Speaker 1: They've definitely gone up in price. Yeah, they have next one, it says a hello, favorite morning show. The topic of health results test results getting posted to an online portal rather than coming from your provider has come up twice on your show, so I wanted to quickly share why that is, because it's kind of interesting. Previously, test results needed to be reviewed by your provider before being posted to your health portal, so your provider could leave comments or call their patients to tell them the results if it was bad news. However, people were getting mad because providers needing to review results obviously adds more time from when you get testing done to when you see the results. I cannot remember if legal action was taken by a patient or regulation changed, but it's now a requirement that lab results be posted to health portals as soon as they are reported by the lab, and then providers add in commentary retroactively. Really great if you rapidly find out your results are good, but obviously unfortunate to somebody who founds out they have abnormal results with no explanation from the doctor. I had a result come back abnormal one time. It turned out it wasn't a big deal, but because my doctor didn't review before I received my results, I freaked out and thought something was horribly wrong. Luckily for me, my mom is a doctor, so I called her freaking out, and she said it's nothing bad, and then proceeded to go on a rant about how annoying this changed regulation is because it causes stress and upset for people for no reason. Now I know why it happens, Jenny, I am so happy you are okay.
Speaker 3: Thank you. One thing I missed part of that email because I just walked in. But one thing I'll say that was really helpful for me when I was waiting for test results. Is I just copied everything that was in my chart and put it into chat GPT, and I said, can you put this in layman's.
Speaker 1: Terms for me now?
Speaker 3: And it broke it down to like the most basic thing to understand what it was. And I could understand it for the most part. But I wanted that backup before I heard from my doctorate because my doctor usually couldn't get to things till like the end of the day or the next day or whatever. But that might be helpful for anyone who might be reading a chart and not fully understanding and like, just paste it into chat GPT and be like, explain this to me in simpler terms.
Speaker 1: What a great tool. Next, one all the way from Arizona says, good morning. I live in Arizona, but I'm originally from Minnesota, where I still have family. My nephew's wife and I both loved the Dave Ryan Show, so when we had a bit when they had a baby, I had to get her Dave's book. When she received it, she responded, Dave Ryan book, are you kidding me? I can't wait to read it to her available now on Amazon dot Com. I immediately felt connection with her because of our shared interest in the show. Living in Arizona, it's hard to find somebody who understands my love for it, so it's wonderful to have somebody to share that with here in Arizona. Whenever I mentioned Dave Jenny Vont Bailey, people look at me and go who followed by, Oh yeah, your BFFs who don't even know you exist? Oh gee, wow, that's cruel. I know everybody says this, but your show has had a huge impact on my life. I've been a P one listener since Dave started in Minnesota in the nineties. Your show has been a constant source of joy, laughter, and comfort for me. Your humor and genuine connection brighten my world and make each morning more bearable. You're always you always managed to lift my spirits and put a smile on my face even on tough days. Dave, you are truly amazing. When I grow up, I want to be like Jenny, even though I'm much older than she is. You are an incredibly impressive woman, Bailey. Your positive spirit and energy are truly inspirational. Vaunt. I have children your age and I hope they can be as successful as you one day. I apologize for the link of this message. It's challenging to be brief when there's so much to say. Thank you for everything you do, Nikki that I love that so much, And I will only say that it goes both ways because I feel such a connection with people who feel connected to this show that it really is not a one way street. And when your friend says, oh, yeah, you're BFFs who don't even know you exist, we are critically aware that you exist. Even if we've never met or spoken to you. We are critically aware.
Speaker 2: I think about you before I go to bed. Yeah, critically aware, and I go she's listening.
Speaker 1: So no, seriously, I think, you know. Sometimes I think it's why I love doing radio so much, because I feel like I belong. I feel like I have a purpose, you know what I mean. And so thank you because you are critically important to us. Next one, this came up, and I just wanted to kind of acknowledge this one. Vaunt about the right turn on Red was a pretty controversial thing on Reddit, and they sent me a link and we talked about this at length on Monday, where says Vont KWB said something so dumb. I cannot even listen to their show anymore. I don't turn right on red get over it be late. You should have been in front of me. Then it's just one listener, but I can't listen to his voice after hearing that. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. I'll be sticking to ninety three X in ninety four point five exclusively. Now, Vont got a ton of reaction on Reddit, and a lot of people were really annoyed with him, But we just thought it was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of the bit on, not the bit, but hit that segment. He's supposed to stir the pot, and so he clearly did.
Speaker 1: He did, and I think that he was kind of poking the bear. I don't know that he really believes that, but Bunt is good at saying something that'll just pish off. Kenda writes in Southern Minnesota, p one listener, Hello, my peeps, I wanted to send an email to discuss some Christmas ideas with you guys. First, let's discuss favorite Christmas songs and least favorite Christmas songs. My favorite would be Carol of the Bells, and least favorite would be Wham's Last Christmas. I'd be interested to hear all of yours. I know Dave is going to say sleigh Ride for his favorite, which he is overdue for to play and on the Morning show before Christmas break, So yeah, sleigh Ride. I'd say my least favorite is hmmm, probably rocking around the Christmas Tree. I don't know if I've just heard it enough times, but if I thought about it longer, I'd probably come up with something worse.
Speaker 2: I like the Scrooge song from them up at Christmas Carol, and I also like Merry Christmas Darling by the Carpenters.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty yeah.
Speaker 2: But my least favorite Christmas songs, and this is where I feel the most vehemently, is simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Oh I hate that song and War is Over? I hate that song, okay, And so two Beatles have the worst Christmas.
Speaker 1: Song Good Bad Choices Ah, so terrible.
Speaker 2: I hate both those songs instant change the channel the second they come on.
Speaker 3: Jenny, I don't know that I really dislike any songs. I like ones that have words, and no more so than they're just instrumental but I do. However, I also like trans Hiberian Orchestra, so I feel like I'm up in the air. But favorite songs I love. Christina Aguilera's like entire Christmas album Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday or no, what's is that?
Speaker 2: Mary christinc One? Yeah, yeah, Marry Christmas, Habby Holidays?
Speaker 3: Hey blank? First Christmas are probably my favorite ones?
Speaker 1: So good? Oh the in sync one right happy? Yeah, we haven't played that one yet either. Second if from Kendra is another idea, if it's not too personal, could you please make a reel of you all sharing your Christmas trees and your favorite ornaments and what some of them mean or if they have special meaning behind them. I feel like Bailey would have something crazy on her Christmas tree. Well I don't really have.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a tree, but it's small, and I don't really have like ornaments to put on it. My mom saved an ornament every year for me and my sister growing up, and she's like, Okay, now you'll have ornaments when you get your very own tree and your very own house with your family or whatever. And I don't have a family, and I don't have a house, so I don't have a large tree, so I have a big box of ornaments that don't fit on my tidy tree. So I feel like I am gonna disappoint you there. But I do have a ceramic cat that has a Christmas tree that's growing out of its head, and I just thought that was funny, so I bought it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cute. Yeahah, anything Jenny come to mind.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I have anything sentimental, but when we put up our tree this year, Andrew and I both were like, well, which one's your favorite ornament? And it was just this one that's beautiful that my mom got me. There's not really, okay, anything like super crazy story behind it, but it's just a really pretty ornament that I think stands out of against all the other ones.
Speaker 1: We've got kids, so we've got so many handmade little kid ornaments with their pictures in them, and we've kept every single one of them. But my favorite is one I've had for thirty years, and it's a little old fashioned radio with a cat rubbing up against it affectionately, and you push them it plugs into a lamp like a light bulb socket, and it says something like it's a radio announcer and it says something like this, just in Santa has been spotted overhead listen for Reindeer on the roof and I just love it and it lights up and I can't get it to work this year because it won't fit into the light socket because I think light sockets have changed. I don't know, but yeah, maybe we can make a reel of all of our Somebody remember that. Write it down, Jenny, write it down. Thank you for bringing me joy every single day. And Merry Christmas to all, and have a good holiday break. Thank you, Kendra. Next one, uh oh, Sydney's been on Reddit. Sorry Jenny, that's how it starts.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Good morning. This morning, I had a chance to scroll through Reddit. Found a question I thought you might find interesting. I had so much fun reading everybody's answers, came up with a few of my own. Curious, if you have any thoughts? What were you denied as a child that you now indulge in as an adult? A few of mine perfume, scented lotions, and body spray. My mom was always sensitive to smell, so none of these were allowed. As a team. I vividly remember my mom searching through my room and car as if she was looking for drugs, when she was really trying to find my contraband body sprays and highly scented lotions. Now, as an adult, I have an entire cupboard full of them, partly to use and partly just because I can. Anybody have anything that you were not allowed to have when you were a.
Speaker 2: Kid, snacks in general, snacks. I we lived in an ingredient household, and so if we were hungry, my mom would be like, you can make yourself a salad, and we like, no, I don't want a salad, so we have like carrots. We would have like lettuce, and then maybe things to make, like if we wanted to make cookies, but then you'd have to like make the cookies. So everything was an ingredient. Nothing was a snack. So now I can have snacks.
Speaker 1: I can't really think of anything. I think any yeah, good snacks, because we didn't have good snacks as a kid. It was either I remember one time for a snack, and this is not uncommon, you would sprinkle some salt into the left palm of your hand and then lick a toothpick with the right one, and then dip it into the salt, and that was a snack. And I'm not making this up.
Speaker 2: That's so depressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this during the Depression. It was during the Great Depression. We were actually on the Oregon Trail.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, and then my brother died of cholera colera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well at least it wasn't dysentery.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we had to shoot oxen.
Speaker 2: Oh, you had to shoot them.
Speaker 1: Where was I going, Jenny? Did you have anything that you were denied as a kid that now you indulge in because you can.
Speaker 3: I think it's just the matter of like everything about my daily life, Like I stay up until I want to, I'm a truck bedtime, I eat whenever I want. Like it was always like we eat at this time and this time and this time with my mom and I Also, I would say probably watching TV in bed, because we do have a TV in our bedroom that we used to like never watch, but now we binge watch Survivor. So sometimes we'll watch an episode before bed. But that's about it.
Speaker 1: She goes on to say another one we indulge in now is drinks, any kind of drinks. We were a strict milk and water household, and I can't drink milk, so it was just water. I still love me some water, but I also indulge in flavored water packets of a wide variety, coffee, hot chocolate, juices, coke, teaese, lemonade, and the list goes on, wondering if you guys have any thoughts what were you denied as a child that you indulge in as an adult? All right, from Sydney, G Sydney. That was a fun one.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you got any other answers, then let us know. Hit the lead on that one and let see. We do have a rant from Juanita, but I want to check my time to see how we're doing, and we are about at fifteen minutes, so I'm going to save Juanita's rant for tomorrow because that's always worth waiting for. Juanita, you are a joy. Thank you so much for doing that, and I think that is going to do it for now. Yes on the Minnesota goodbye. Send your emails in to ryanshow at katiwb dot com. I love when you bring up random topics. Thanks for giving us so that's why we call you a staff writer. Because if you come up with something like what you were denied when you were a kid that you indulge in now, please let us know. Or if we get something wrong or we bring up something and you want to tell us what it is really all about, like the health charts online, then let us know. Ryanshow at KDIWB dot com