Speaker 1: One on one point three KDWB with Fallon and Cole.
Speaker 2: Oh look a.
Speaker 1: Bed that was Charlie XCX. Crazy coincidence. We have tickets for her huge show coming to the Twin Cities, not just tickets for her show. Teddy Swims Kendrick Lamar and Sizza Post Malone with Jelly Roll Tay McCray. We're calling at the ultimate ticket because you get tickets to all of these shows. You just need a keyword. We're gonna get you that keyword every thirty minute, so your next one comes up in ten minutes on KATIEWB one on one point three KDWB with Fallin and Cult. Okay, so we both went to We had our company party on Friday, which so many people were like, wait, your company holiday party was.
Speaker 3: And I talked about this earlier.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well yeah, they're like yeah, but that was January eleventh. I'm like, yeah, they probably got to got everything cheaper that way, got a Hella deal.
Speaker 4: I haven't think the pizza we got was like warned up from the like it was pizza from a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And don't do that because we're not even gonna joke about that. But we did uh go to. It was called Forgotten Star Brewery, which I'd never been to before, a very cool spot. I didn't drink anything. I'll take your word on it if you say the beer was good. I didn't have it. The cool I never but die Coke too, were so predicted what stereotypes we are? Do you seriously to have a single drink?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you do wine?
Speaker 4: Beer?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: The what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But isn't it always a little bit weird to go? And I just feel like it's like middle school when you go to like a work company party, because you have to like do a couple of schmoozies to like your boss's fun.
Speaker 3: Fact zero bosses went to this party.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm sure they all have great reasons, but I thought it was so bizarre that not a single boss manager was at this party.
Speaker 4: I know there was. There's probably fifty percent of people there that were like, do I could you not come tonight?
Speaker 3: I was literally my talk thought, God, no one even knows.
Speaker 4: It is weird how there's still clicks Like I guess it makes sense kind of like clicks.
Speaker 1: You just it's like, well, you're comfortable. It's like your people. But then it's like, those are the people like I already talked to you. I had, I had literally left a four hour show with you to just sit next to you at this.
Speaker 3: Part you would make me up.
Speaker 1: But I did try curling for the first time.
Speaker 4: Failed it. Curling for the first time. I won.
Speaker 7: I thought you broke your clapical bound. I was like, what is happening with jealous of my flexibility? It's a written all over your face.
Speaker 3: You fell. I didn't fall.
Speaker 1: That's what you're supposed to do, all right, Okay, maybe hold on, Maybe not exactly like that, But what I'm saying is you put your whole body into it.
Speaker 4: Oh you put your whole body into it. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's what he said. I know I did, and that's why I won. What do you you I didn't see you out on the ice trying anything.
Speaker 4: I know my limits and my ability. I wasn't about to break a bone. It all work party? What does it count for workmen's comp?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: If it's at a holiday.
Speaker 4: Party for work, I don't even think that would give us worker first comp. We got injured at work.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get maternity leave. That's hilarious insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything else? Do you do anything else?
Speaker 1: On this weekend?
Speaker 4: I went ice skating at that one place, that Lake's Park.
Speaker 1: It's always you're okay, So just fried my coat tail every and you'd get I get it.
Speaker 4: It was pretty sweet, except my kid cried for a sled to be pushed around on the whole time, and then luckily finally we got one and that was cool.
Speaker 1: And did anyone ask to borrow your sled?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: My rumor rumor has it you borrowed someone else's sledge?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wait, well I waited until they were leaving and they were like, here you go. I was like, can I have that? They're like sure because they were sold out at the front, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get they get popping over there.
Speaker 4: Also, should have just bought myunt skates, like it's crazy, Like if you go multiple times, it is worth investing in the own. But it's cool being able to like skate down. Is it a river? I guess that would it normally like.
Speaker 1: Ponds and canals connecting them.
Speaker 3: Hold, I don't know. It's literally called.
Speaker 1: Centennial Lakes stopped stop? Did you seriously just ask if any Dinah the Centennial Lakes Park.
Speaker 3: Is a river.
Speaker 4: It's way too skinny to.
Speaker 1: Be a lame bro It's multiple connected by canals, like three ponds.
Speaker 3: Three minutes river.
Speaker 4: It's made in the.
Speaker 1: Land of ten thousand lakes, my god, not two thousand rivers.
Speaker 4: Stay of no one, says pervert. It was pretty cool. I was nervous so ex I had to carry my child. At one point, I was like, it would suck if I was the person to fall through, like the why the ice is broke because the amount of weight I have and I'm carrying two children.
Speaker 1: You're saying your weight would be fine, but it's picking up your daughter. Who's what twenty seven pous I would.
Speaker 4: Tell the TV when they rolled up, they broke out their cameras. She too much meat, She's too heavy, saying my kid, She's.
Speaker 1: Just looking at you, and they're like, all right, my god, I want I'm up to sleep at.
Speaker 4: Night and double chin is just rip. I'm explaining what happened, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know, speaking of health and fitness really quick, we gotta give you a keyword. Jake, my husband. We've made fun of him on this show so many times for his weird health routines. He does the cold shower every morning. He's on a new level. He has a timer. He sets a timer for his cold shower. I'm like, I can't support you as a discipline boy. It is a dumbit.
Speaker 3: Yeah that counts too. All right, you're going your keyword.
Speaker 1: You're gonna record you saying this on the iHeartRadio app. You'll see a record button there. You hit that, you record yourself saying concert and then you are entered to win the ultimate ticket. And guess what, you're never more than thirty minutes away. So you know another chance is coming up around two forty on KDWB.
Speaker 6: Ball and.
Speaker 1: One one three KDWB with Balon and Colt. Not only are you never more than thirty minutes away from winning the ultimate KDWB ticket, but also we're giving to weigh thousand dollars or is every hour. We're calling it the vac Payday, so you can pay for a little vacation on the grand We'll have your keyword coming up here in just a second. Well, the keywords are on the twenties all throughout the day on KTWB.
Speaker 4: Hey, how do you manipulate people? And does anybody doing this year? Right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I will hold I'll hold my tongue. I'm certain I've been manipulated before.
Speaker 4: All right, I want to know more about that later.
Speaker 1: You know all about it.
Speaker 4: Building rapport, establishing a connection to gain trust. That's the first step. Okay, well that's easy.
Speaker 1: Any relationship, that's nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you start using emotions to appeal to somebody else's emotions to influence their decisions, Like, I don't know why they treat you that way, you should do this instead? Is that making sense?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I just feel like you deserve to have like this thing, because isn't that what your mom would have wanted? Like you start creeping in a little bit, Okay, presenting scarcity, sense of urgency, like, oh you gotta do this now. We're like, dude, if you don't do this, like maybe you won't get that job, or like I know you want that promotion, so maybe you should do this thing.
Speaker 1: That could also be in a relationship. Now, I now mine I am relating to what you're saying, but it could also be like if you don't marry me now, like someone else will, Like I've had people like reaching out trying to get with me, blah blah blah that has not happened to me. No one's ever reached out to try to get with me.
Speaker 4: You give to get so you offer value in exchange for engagement, or you use favors as leverage in other situations.
Speaker 1: What about you literally just said that the other day that you wanted to watch my dogs, so then you could hold it over me to get free sandwiches for like a month. Like literally, you're bad at manipulation.
Speaker 4: If you want it, dude, I'm manipulating plain sight. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: That even is actually that is better.
Speaker 4: Maybe the framing so presenting information in a way that influences the perception, misleading through selected presentation.
Speaker 1: You're just like, I feel like you got to get better examples because the way you're wording things, I'm it's like I'm in a seminar. My mind is shutting off the way you're wording these things.
Speaker 4: It's like if you wanted something, okay, it's a perfect example. Here we go. If I was like, hey, so I'm supposed to shoot this video for a client really quick. But I just know that, like, dude, you're so good at executing you this way.
Speaker 1: You're the biggest manipulator I've ever met. You just did this earlier with a meeting. You didn't want to have to use your phone. You're like found in your phone, just like bigger and better than my Let's just use yours. You do that all the time. I can't take selfies. You're just like better at taking selfie. You are manipulating me at all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm the manipulator in your life.
Speaker 1: I didn't know until this moment you've actually just revealed yourself.
Speaker 4: But in this segment, to be fair, I manipulating a good way because if it benefits me, it also benefits.
Speaker 1: You, not always, not always.
Speaker 4: My wagon has hitched to you. It's like if I'm doing good, you're doing good.
Speaker 1: You kind of way to bring up that way any chance you get, I see dragging the wagon. That's none of my business. Okay, all right, all right, all right, here's your keyword, baby, if you want to want a thousand dollars for that VAK payday one on one point three KATWB how all right? Listen? Who knew that Spencer and Heidi would be the people that are the stars basically coming back out to shine? Heike, you will not believe Heidi Montag what's happening with her music career right now. We're gonna cover that. Also, Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Mahomes had their baby. We're gonna cover all that more coming up in the pop Culture Minute. Next, it's the.
Speaker 5: Pop Culture Minute with Felon and cult on one on one point three KTWB.
Speaker 1: All right, lots going on. First of all, Mandy Moore, Okay, let's cover all the fire stuff going on right now. Obviously the fires is still horrible. These the fires are still going. So many people have lost their homes. People like Tyler Perry are commenting on how to despicable it is. These insurance companies pulled out their fire coverage right before this all happened. Us. It's it's it's disturbing. People like Beyonce already donating two and a half million dollars. A lot of other celebrities are donating what they can. People got all over Mandy Moore, ripped her to shreds because now let's talk about what happened and what side you come down on. Okay, Mandy Moore lost her Now her house is technically still standing, but they lost like their garage. There's her Husbands of Musicians studio things like that, like all these things, but their house is unlivable. It's just like not completely burned to the ground. Basically, so her other family members, like her husband's brother, his house burned down. And she posted their gofund me on her Instagram, and people started ripping her to shreds, being like, seriously, Mandy, you're posting a GoFundMe for your family. Your worth when I google you your net worth is this blah blah blah, and she wrote, She's like. She put a post stup basically saying people have asked how they can help. I shared how they can help. Of course I will be helping my family. Do not google a person's net worth and assume that's actually the kind of money they have. And if you don't want to donate, then don't and kindly f off is what she said. And I'm on her side. People are asking how they can help her and her family. She shared it. And also, let's be realistic, she's going to have to rebuild her home.
Speaker 3: Mandy Moore is not Brad Pitt. She has money.
Speaker 1: But the houses that are burning down there, they're not two hundred thousand dollars houses, they're two three million dollar houses. So I don't know, what do you think that?
Speaker 4: Well, that's just what I saw in the comments. Everybody's like, why don't you share gofunme for like, you know, a normal person or whatever, But I don't. I don't know. There's probably been some people effect. I mean definitely some people affect, especially if you're like, you know a firefighter who something happened and now you need like this, that the other thing. But I don't. You could just not, you just not don't. And it's not like she's like.
Speaker 1: You can also, yeah, that's the point. You don't have to donate. You can look for those other people. Also, I got a request today to help, and I'm pretty sure it was a scam, so be very careful on these gofundmes. I literally got a request to day and when I clicked on, I was like, oh, maybe I will donate to help this family. It showed a photo of a man that I have seen going viral on the internet for losing everything. Okay, it was in euros it was a UK gofund me and it only had like one donator on it, So do this is my warning, be very careful who you're donating to. In this time and make sure it's legit, because this is the time when scheme scam, horrible people come out.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that one couple who they found a homeless guy and they set up a go fummy for him and then like hundreds of thousands of dollars I don't know, maybe, and then it turned out to be that the wife's like side, man, oh no, it was all like a scam. But they had to pay it all back. Could they send out there though, Yeah, like you just have to you don't even know where your money's going. You could donate also and just be like they could do whatever they want with your money.
Speaker 1: That's true. One surprise of the century is that Heidi Montag and Spencer Pride. Now they did lose their home and they said, like they don't have any money. They said, all their money is in that home and now it's gone. And so he's like, we got to do what we can. So they're trying to make Heidi's album go number one. Well it did, and so did her like this song. They said they spent all their money fifteen years ago making.
Speaker 3: This album, which it's very I mean, it's very possible.
Speaker 1: And someone started to go fund Me for him for like one hundred thousand dollars, and Spencer's like, yo, buddy, you need to lift that my house is like a oh all right, they're not going.
Speaker 4: To Okay, yeah, move at Ohio then like, okay, you don't. You can't live in la anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, no offense, but tell me where in Ohio you're getting a house for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Rural?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you can ball out now in Ohio if you're like in the middle of nowhere. But yeah, like I would love to live off a giant mountain facing an ocean too.
Speaker 1: But like again again Colt, you don't have to donate. If people want to help them and donate, they can't.
Speaker 4: This guy is saying, like, you know, one hundred thousand is like yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Mahomes had their baby girl. Her name's Golden Ray, and Carrie Underwood has announced that she will be performing at President Trump's inauguration. So I'm sure with that comes in backlash, but she said she is proud to do it for her country. She loves her country, and she's honored to be singing. That's your pop culture Minute brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lenz One on one point three KATIEWV with Ballon and Colt and anyone listening who like this is the thing. This weekend was so slippery, you know, obviously I wasn't going to salt my own driveway. Almost flew off into my neighbor's yard, and my eyes like, Jake, get out there and put some salt downs, getting ridiculous out and then he came in. He was like, thirty minutes is saving us thousands of dollars a year.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: He flexed his bicep. I'm like disgusting, get out of here, because he's bragging because we didn't hire snowplow people this year. So he's like, my thirty minute moves just saved us thousands of dollars a.
Speaker 4: Year's a lot of salting.
Speaker 1: I think he wanted me to kiss his bicep, and it just wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 4: I don't think you understand how much work that is for your driveway. It's basically a mile long hand salting for a mile long.
Speaker 1: That is just he's a fitness freak right now, so I wanted to work out You're welcome. He didn't have to go to the chin.
Speaker 4: I the wave position, that nicety once in life.
Speaker 1: And he also loves like a cold shower each morning, not even necessary anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when you're outside of the cold, your set, your set?
Speaker 1: Did that get to your core as I was supposed to be?
Speaker 4: It does need to thank you. You're thinking of all these things.
Speaker 1: Thank you, That's what I'm saying. But if you fell on the ice this weekend, we'd love to talk to you. It's it's about like, hopefully it didn't break your hip or anything, but you know, things happen, Yeah, things happen. My fear as I fall and no one finds me for a while, you know what I mean, and screaming and yeah, I just rolled down the driveway and I'm in the put a camouflage. I have a green jacket. I'm basically camouflaged with my grass.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're self sufficient enough that you would claw your way up that.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Yeah, the adrenaline I think would pump. But uh, anyone listening who fell on the ice this weekend has an interesting industry secret from your job, unless it's going to make me gag. Yeah, like we have a role that the turkey can sit out for twelve hours and it's still good.
Speaker 3: Don't want to hear that one, don't want to hear it.
Speaker 4: Well, one of my friends said, they just changed the dates on like the soul one of this this dali. I'm not going to say the deli, but this deli they're like, instead, they just put new lettuce in there. We just changed the dates on the tape.
Speaker 7: I do not believe that what they used to do that at this the sandwich place I used to work, and somebody found a used to.
Speaker 3: Something you were doing.
Speaker 4: No, not me, but they like a literal like caterpillar slash. I don't even know what it was.
Speaker 1: It's like a science pred the sandwich okay, or has super jacked lips? Why how you to prove it? Why?
Speaker 4: I'm just curious if I'm the only my kids your rose to.
Speaker 1: Be left one hastr eye lips. It's winter in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: What's on your face? Oh it's just your dead skinned dad? Never mind?
Speaker 1: Oh kids are the worst. I really want to cut you deep. You can call them if you're fitting those categories six five to one nine eight nine KATIEWB. But first, we got to get you your keyword. This is your chance to get the Ultimate Ticket from KATWB. Okay, so your keyword is music. On the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app, you'll see a microphone and you record yourself sing the keyword music and you were interered to win the Ultimate Ticket that get you tickets to Charlie XCX, Teddy Swims, Kender, Flamarin, Sizza, Post Malone and Kate McCrae and more. It's all free, which is pretty awesome. So we call it the Ultimate Ticket because you get you into all the best shows in the Twin Cities with KATWBU one on one point three KDWB with Ballon and Colt and anyone listening who fell on the ice this weekend has an interesting industry secret from your job, or has extremely chapped lips, and now this is is this the category you fall into? Right?
Speaker 8: Well, I do have extremely chapped slips. Unfortunately I use aquafor like it's throwing out of style.
Speaker 4: Yeah see, I have a theory that aquafore it doesn't even work.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of them. I think chapstick in general does not work. It just makes you need to keep using the chaps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody said that. They were like, the more you use it, the more often you have to use it, or out your lips just go dry.
Speaker 1: I do think aquafor and just straight vacaline actually maybe work.
Speaker 3: But that's about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because everyone always says, oh, put on your feet and on your hands, and put gloves on and fox and it helps. Like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, whoa, I've heard moisturizes not about the toxins. Are you supposed to a potato and your sock to get the toxins? No, I'm not kidding. This is something I've seen on like Facebook.
Speaker 4: Potatoes just get sick. That's how I feel. I don't know rather potato, No I do.
Speaker 1: If they walk you put us It's not true. Even though people are not. People are gonna call and rip me now for saying it's not true. Because you put a potato in your sock allegedly sleep in it at night. It quote unquote pulls the toks that you take it off the next day and the potato's black, And I'm like, yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: The potato to sit on your nasty foot all night.
Speaker 1: See slice slices.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the extreme people slice it up and they walk around on those things all day long.
Speaker 1: No, dude, I've never seen anyone say that. Now, you're getting ridiculous.
Speaker 4: When you're getting a many petty and they put the thing in between your toes and fingers.
Speaker 7: That's where the potato like fridge fry.
Speaker 9: Stupid?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? I don't know me either. One on one point three kd w B. You're never more than thirty minutes away from winning the ultimate ticket from KATIEWB. So we'll have another keyword coming up at about ten after. Also, I love when people email us being like is it worth breaking up over? We're going to read someone's email. She found something in her boyfriend's car. She wants to know if it's worth breaking up over. We're going to do that in about five minutes, but first we're going to wrap this up. I think with someone on the phone that wants to talk about like chap is it chapped lips? Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, with the chapstick putting.
Speaker 6: So I'm like probably seven months pregnant right now, and I just learned that.
Speaker 2: Using nipple butter nipple cream is better than chapstick.
Speaker 1: I would believe that honestly, and you know what, after you have the baby, they say that breast milk cures everything truly, So maybe you can just pop that on there.
Speaker 3: Maybe your lips won't be chapped either.
Speaker 6: Like anybody want to use some of my breast milk.
Speaker 4: Perverted? I would look in public if I'm putting nipple cream on my lips that that just feels like it's someone is gonna get me on video, Like look at this loser with the nipple cream. Put it on his lips, cancel them.
Speaker 1: Just yell out like you wish your lips are this smooth.
Speaker 4: That's even I don't think people would hate they screamed out like he's trying to give me to feel of smooth lips.
Speaker 1: I also don't think, honestly, anyone's gonna look that closely unless you have a Costco sized one that's just nipple bomb around. Is it worth breaking up over?
Speaker 5: You decide with felon and cold on kat.
Speaker 1: Wb Okay, we're gonna go through this email and then at the end of the email, we'll get your keyword your chance to win the ultimate ticket from KATIEWB.
Speaker 4: Nice. Okay, I found lipstick in my boyfriend's car triggered immediately.
Speaker 1: I'm enraged, I'm fuelled with anger.
Speaker 4: Go on, He's never shown any red flags in terms of being a cheater. But I'm gonna die.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm acting ridiculous, not obviously, men and women.
Speaker 4: As you should. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm just I'm sorry. Let me pull back.
Speaker 4: She says. I sat down in the passenger seat. My phone found the crack between the center console. I reached down and to my surprise, pulled out red lipstick.
Speaker 1: Okay, where is she? Is she in your truck? When did this happen? When I went pete earlier? Did you hook up with someone? Okay, let me calm down, Let me calm down.
Speaker 4: Well, she says, obviously I freaked the bleep out. Yes, without an ounce of hesitation. He looked me in the eyes and he said, that's my sister's. He said his sister was riding with him. Must have dropped it, which is weird because his sister lives seven hours away and there was no mention of her visiting.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, right, okay, well, were you just here?
Speaker 4: Conveniently somewhat believable act now this part kind of takes a turn.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe you can help me out with this because I don't wear makeup. But it's like somewhat believable. Except his sister is ancient. She's like forty five.
Speaker 1: That's ancient, all right. I switch sides, and I don't hate this woman.
Speaker 3: He is cheating on you because you're broad, you're an age.
Speaker 4: She's like forty five, and there's no reason why she would need to wear red lipstick at that age. I can't see her wearing red lipstick being a forty five year old.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she just tried.
Speaker 1: My blood pressures raised and I gotta calm down.
Speaker 4: She says.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Also to add on doesn't have anything to do with it. He also says, yolo all the time? Is it worth breaking up over?
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's trying to paint a picture of this guy being little do she? I gotcha? I gotcha. I guess okay, okay, you know what. I actually was gonna open this up. I don't even have a comment on this. Someone argue I had nothing but comments throughout the entire segment. But what would you do? Imagine you're in this position. Okay, you can call six five one nine eight nine, Katie w B. You're just in the passenger seat. You've been a passenger princess because you deserve to be a passenger princess. You're like, oh, drop my phone. You reach down? What is this tube? You know if it is your lipstick or not? Immediately? Are you buying that it's his sisters or are you realizing she does live hours away? He would have brought up that she was in town visiting. That's bizarre. Don't like it? What are your thoughts worth breaking up over? Sixty five one nine eight nine, Katie w B.
Speaker 4: Also, is there a cutoff to lips and stick?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: How does that work? Can you still use lipstick when you're forty five?
Speaker 1: Yes, as it turns out you can't. You know how they cargd you for an alcoholic drink when you go to buy lipstick at Target.
Speaker 3: They don't ask for your idea.
Speaker 1: They're like, ma'am, you are forty six, absolutely not slap it out of your hands. You're such a geezer you don't get to have any makeup anymore. One would argue, if you're going to be an agist, you might argue you need megap more when you're older than you do when you're younger.
Speaker 4: Right, maybe in her eyes it's like, dude, just give up. Your time is gone.
Speaker 1: She think Red's too scandalous.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to hear from you. Six ' five one eight nine KATWB. Here is your keyword. Like I said, we're never thirty minutes where you're never more than thirty minutes away from getting a keyword. So it's very exciting. Your chance to win tickets to all the biggest shows in the Twin Cities, lay Tate, mc cray, Post Malone, Charlie XCX, Teddy Swims, Kinderkinsizza and more. Your keyword is live l I V You record that in the iHeartRadio app. It's free. You'll see a record button you record live and just the heads up. In about ten minutes, we have another keyword for your chance to win one thousand dollars on KATIEWB ballad. It's the unbelievable story of the.
Speaker 3: Day on one oh one point.
Speaker 1: Three kt w B and Jessa heads up your keyword to what one thousand dollars for your vakpaydays coming up right after this. So this is like Okay, imagine cold, you are like, I want to do something adventurous. I'm gonna go on a solo try to Iceland.
Speaker 4: Lovely, I want to go to Ice. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you join this group and you're like gonna be doing like some cool hiking and stuff. Okay, so imagine if someone in your small group goes missing. Is that terrifying?
Speaker 4: It's pretty scary. But I guess in Iceland, I want to be like too worried right away.
Speaker 1: I will say this. I think the death rate in Iceland is like zero people a year.
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 3: They like to never have any murders or anything.
Speaker 1: It's like a very chill blaze, like pretty safe, pretty safe, pretty safe. So this actually happened though, and an intense police search took place over the weekend. Now this is what happened though, if we break things down, Uh, basically, one of the women she got back, she got off the bus, she changed her outfit, so she's like, oh, I have red coat on. That takes that off. She puts on like a black coat or something, gets back on the bus. They started in the head count. They're like looking at people and oh my god, red coat girls missing.
Speaker 4: So so no one.
Speaker 1: No one knew it was her, including her. She didn't know the description was that for she never put tunes together, and the description gets even more specific, saying it was an Asian woman in dark clothing who speaks English very well. She did not recognize this description of herself at all, so she began assisting with the search party. So they start searching all night. They bring in helicopters. When those reporters are there, they.
Speaker 4: Do another head count.
Speaker 1: This is what I was wondering, but they're like, we can't find her anywhere. Hours later, at three am, the search party finally realized the woman they were looking for with them.
Speaker 3: All along, and they called off the search party.
Speaker 1: She said, I had no idea that they were talking about me the description.
Speaker 4: Like nobody knew her name.
Speaker 1: Were like, I don't know how this can happen. This is a true news story. I literally have no idea how this can happen. Yeah, because usually on a small group trip, they have a name, a head count, and it was just because she changed her outfit and they're like, oh my god, she's missing.
Speaker 4: I just know that if it sucks so bad, like if I went missing, and they were like, all right, he's larger has kind of staying teeth a little bit, and they just started like roasting, like is is he like does he have a receiving hairline?
Speaker 1: Or I don't listen. This is what this is Why it's good that I have like a witch's cackle. There is no chance they'd be like, oh, we would never mistake that last.
Speaker 4: Like we can't see her, but she's still talking.
Speaker 3: I can hear her ill annoying. She's here.
Speaker 4: We're good, keep moving.
Speaker 3: That's your unbelievable story of the day.
Speaker 5: One on one point three katw Today's trending with Felon and cold on one on one.
Speaker 1: The other day we were talking about how it is Quitter's Day, like last week is when people were more likely to quit their resolutions. But I love what.
Speaker 3: ARB's is doing.
Speaker 1: They're leaning into people. You are trying to eat healthier, and so throughout certain cities. I don't think it's happening here, but throughout certain cities. They have a week called It's New Year, Same You, and they've added a salad to their menu. But really it's just fake names. But it's to make you feel healthy when you're ordering or if you're on the phone. But it's something totally different. So if you order a salad with dressing, you get a double beef and Jeddar sandwich. If you order a green smooth, you get a milkshake, And if you order steamed vegetables you get curly fries.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not mad all me either.
Speaker 1: It makes me laugh.
Speaker 4: People like maybe maybe your body will actually think you're eating a salad. No won't work.
Speaker 3: No, it's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: By the way, we do have your keyword coming up. You're in a second. We didn't forget about that for the Ultimate ticket from katiewb. So a lot of people are trying to get their protein in. One of my favorite memes is like, sorry, I got to quit my job. Need more time to get my protein in, because it's like it's crazy. Once you actually look into like how much protein you should be getting and then you start trying to get it in, You're like, this is exhausting.
Speaker 3: I can't get all this protein.
Speaker 4: You can only eat so much dry chicken, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, so a lot of people will substitute and they'll try to do like protein powders and stuff like you see every Tom Dick and Harry's adding protein powdered cottage cheese. They are yogurt smoothies. I told Jake the other day, I can't. I try so hard to be a smoothie person. Every time I eat a smoothie, it could have six hundred calories in it. I feel feel nothing at the end of the food. I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: People usually just do it for like the nutrients, and I'll do it because it like makes them feel full.
Speaker 1: If it's gonna be that many calories, I'm not really five innver. But if it's gonna be any calories, it needs.
Speaker 7: To give me some type of fulfillment protein and all just feels like the powder doesn't even work out the time I used to be putting in my coffee and stuff and it's just like I didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a new issue. Not all protein powders are created equal, which we knew this. Researchers actually tested one hundred and sixteen and found that a shocking forty seven percent exceeds safety thresholds for toxic metals like lead. Right, of course, each brand is different and certain brands have higher safety standards, but as a guideline, the said he did find that vanilla flavor protein powders tend to be safer than chocolate the worst, and organic powders tend to be less safe than non organic stuff.
Speaker 4: So now you're telling me I'm gonna spend three hundred dollars for protein.
Speaker 1: Just no, it's actually saying the organic ones are less safe. Oh they're less Oh my god, it's like you don't even listen dude.
Speaker 4: Half the time. What you say just one one air right out the other.
Speaker 1: I don't even blame you. Honestly, if I had to work with me, I don't even fault you. I think I would be the exact same way. Like, why does she yap it about.
Speaker 4: Now you short of like protein bad no no, just like moving no.
Speaker 1: I can't quote. It's saying protein bad no no, move on. I'm not gonna do bad. I'm absolutely never been a protein bad no no, thank you, thank you so much. Also, here's how you can win rock paper scissors.
Speaker 4: Paper scissors. How can you predict what they're going to throw?
Speaker 10: When people say things allowed, they're much more predisposed to want to do the first thing that they heard or the last thing that they heard. When they say rock, paper scissors. They're much more likely to do a scissors or a rock. Your first move should probably.
Speaker 4: Be a rock.
Speaker 10: That way you can tie or you can win. Most people never open with paper. I usually do rock. If I win, I will switch tie, I will remain the same lose. If somebody does paper, well then give them a win. Who starts with paper?
Speaker 4: So this guy, same thing could have just been like paper no, no, paper no, no, that's it. So you got to know, all right, throw that rock, baby.
Speaker 1: All right, here is your keyword. We are going to get you into.
Speaker 3: Every huge concert.
Speaker 1: Basically in the Twin Cities, and we call it the KTEWB Ultimate Ticket. You just have to enter to win.
Speaker 3: That's how every contest works, right, You got to enter to win.
Speaker 1: So you got to record yourself and free iHeartRadio app. There'll be a record button there and the actual keyword is free. Free. So you're like, hey, it's Janet from Cottage Growth. I love Tate McCrae free. I want those tickets called free. But the tickets for Tate McRae yes are also Charlie XCX, post Malone and more, KDWB one on one point three KATWB.
Speaker 3: Oh so cold. It's a cold after school pop quiz.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get you into the always warm and delightful model of America with some Nickelodeon Universe passes. Two passes give you unlimited rides over at nick You it's awesome over there, and uh you could you know, I say, you could take your kid. You could also just set a couple of your kids loose. But you could also do use tho as like a dating So whateveryone do you can call? Six five one, nine eight nine, Katie w B. You do have to answer some trivia questions. I know last week it was like what animal has the strongest jaw bite or whatever? It was like hippo right, yeah, it was like land animal though, because I think I think crocodile would beat the hip bob.
Speaker 4: Nothing makes you feel more stupid than when you get a simple question wrong, and that happens a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, if I have a whole thing on that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I have to talk to you about has nothing to do with a quiz, and it has it's a word choice you use.
Speaker 4: I don't know words at all.
Speaker 1: Same girl, Say.
Speaker 3: Hi, katw B.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 9: Hey, Brenda?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Brenda, how are you really good?
Speaker 1: How are you to these?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brenda. Hold on one second, we're gonna grab your competitor. Hi, katwb what's your name?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: I'm Emily.
Speaker 1: Hi Emily, how are you?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: Brendan and Emily are bringing we need you know what. Pretty soon they're going.
Speaker 1: To replace Balin and Colt with Emily and Brenda and Katie. You because your energy is way more positive than ours. What does a couple of cynical goals? Yeah? I wonder if it's my aunt, Brenda.
Speaker 3: Do you have a niece named Emily?
Speaker 9: I do not.
Speaker 6: Okay, in a different world.
Speaker 4: Brenda, you should have just lied. That would have been so fun.
Speaker 3: Bussed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys are playing for Nickelodeon Universe Passes. I'm going to ask you a trivia question. If you know the answer, you chime in with your name, and whoever gets the most correct wins. Are you ready? Yeah? Yeah, all right. Let's start off.
Speaker 3: With one that we should know, but I don't know if I would have.
Speaker 1: What year did the United States declare independence? Emily? Brenda? Yes, Emily, that's.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You both chimed in the Smartest Book, So smart, so smart. Question number two, what is the smallest continent by land area? Emily Yes, Emily Australia Yes, Oh my gosh. And just that's crazy, Emily out of the gate. It's like we usually do like three questions, so like that, Brenda, I'm so sorry, but you should try again tomorrow. But Emily, you got the Nickelodeon Universe passes today. It's quick and easy. Woo Emily, who you taking a Nickelodeon Universe two kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are gonna are you gonna drop them?
Speaker 1: And you're gonna roll out and get a cocktail at want of like Margaritaville.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, that's nice.
Speaker 4: We have a mom that's there to support and hang out with their children.
Speaker 3: And drop the boos. I got congrats.
Speaker 1: Emily did the after school pop quiz. Every day we are Katie w B one on one point three k d WB with Fallon and Colt, and we always have the hard hitting questions here. Okay, we're gonna change up this game a little bit and make it a little bit more palpable, so we're calling it k MG. Kiss Mary Ghost.
Speaker 4: Okay, so kind of like f Mary Kill but just kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I always feel like kill is a little aggressive, true is fan.
Speaker 3: So kiss Mary.
Speaker 1: Some would argue marriage should be the most aggressive of behind kill, but it's not to me. Okay, but here's the twist. It's with billionaires Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk. Just throw in like one for me, No, we can do it next. The problem is the women billionaires that I know are all hot, like Sleida Gomez, Kylie Jenner and what with another one?
Speaker 4: Taylor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said that's unfair.
Speaker 4: This is order. I don't care.
Speaker 1: This is way funnier to do Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: I was actually talking to my husband Jake about this yesterday.
Speaker 1: And there's one that's for me, is the easiest to heap around. I don't know if it's going to be the kiss or marry though, but I think I might do married.
Speaker 4: Which one is who's easy out of all those talking about?
Speaker 1: Okay, stick with me, okay, I for me, Jeff Bezos is the most.
Speaker 4: Palatable, meaning you're gonna marry or kiss the bays.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So when I was talking to Jake.
Speaker 1: I initially was gonna go with kiss, but I actually was like, no, because the kiss is quick and I'm done, but the marriage is forever. So I think he and his fiance seem like they have a pretty good time. They go on yachts. The other two just seem to have but see Jake was like, yeah, but Elon could actually save the world.
Speaker 3: Said, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't but to kiss the.
Speaker 3: Other two, all right.
Speaker 4: First of all, Elon Musk built like a refrigerator, So which one you can say.
Speaker 3: That about me?
Speaker 4: That's rude Zuckerberg though, It's like, dude, basically your tongue.
Speaker 1: O beauty though, and I'm not trying to be mean here. Also, I don't want to have a conversation. I need this to straight be a kiss. And I'm out because I don't want to talk. They're gonna, They're gonna they know I'm dumb. Okay, I'm obviously dumb compared to this.
Speaker 4: Zuckerberg is coming in. He's coming at you with his mouth just aw wide.
Speaker 1: Hoping you can do You can tell he's either one of two. He's like a his lips, he's like pets in a weird way almost misses your face or yeah, he's a wet one.
Speaker 4: He's definitely a wet kisser.
Speaker 1: I think Elon Musk is a wet kisser, and I think Zuckerberg.
Speaker 4: Is, like, dude, I don't know. I think the Musker could just rock your world.
Speaker 1: Hey wait, we've spent a lot of time on who I'm picking. Okay, I'm gonna pick kiss zuck I think. I know it's so gross, but at least I don't have to hear him talk about his fighting if his mouth is occupied and Mary Bezos, So this is ghost I'm ghosting Musk majorly. Also, I feel like he would just have such a meltdown.
Speaker 3: About it, like no one's ever ghosted me.
Speaker 4: If he's the one guy that could just train your whole life.
Speaker 1: And maybe he'd send me a car, but come on, just give me one more chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would obviously make out with Musk for the off chance I get a tesla.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Bezos, dude, Bezos. There's something about Bezos.
Speaker 3: There's something about all of them.
Speaker 1: There's a rule that once you become that rich, the sanity's gone.
Speaker 4: I think at least Bezos kind of fit. So maybe you could help me work out a little bit. I guess we're married. He could like, I don't have to hire a trainer because he could just train me. And then between Bezos and Zuckerberg Zuckerberg, it would just be like you're if you're married to Zuckerberg, it's like you're just hanging out with the room. But the whole time he's just trying.
Speaker 3: To Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Dude, kiss musk, full makeout musk. Bezos definitely gonna have to marry him.
Speaker 3: Told you you're such a coffeer. I stole my marriage partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're ghosting zuck Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 1: You can text in five three nine two one Katie w B one and we would love an explanation because I think that that's just funny. I don't know, just excluded down agin. It's one one point three Katie w B with Thalan and Cult.
Speaker 8: Colt.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen you cry?
Speaker 3: Have you ever cried in.
Speaker 1: Front of me?
Speaker 4: No? I try to actually be professional. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Oh I've cried in front of you. I'm professional out the window.
Speaker 4: No, I don't I cry a lot, though, I just cried this weekend why the ending of Disney plus Luca. I do so sad, so good, but I cry about ridiculous things too. Oh I'm emotional.
Speaker 1: I love that for you.
Speaker 4: I have so much vulnerability right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that I usually cry over like what I'm angry, but typically it's yes over the dumbest things of all time. For instance, going to the grocery store with the kid is stressful anyway, getting everything I think I need, getting home, preparing a meal for my family, and realizing I forgot one freaking key ingredient sent me over the edge of this weekend. It was at a Dobo sauce at Dobe sauce whatever you call it for you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I know you're talking pepper, and I needed it.
Speaker 1: I knew them. My chicken.
Speaker 3: Is that gonna get that smoky flavor?
Speaker 1: Now he's just bland ass chicken.
Speaker 4: I was setting up in entertainment all do this sucks so bad? I spent like three hours ONX My dad's absent didn't teach me anything about tools, so that's sick. I'm sitting there and then my wife comes in the living room. Has it helped it all? By the way, just me. She's like, hey, I think you put that board on backwards. Had disassembled the entire thing three hours of work. I was like, we just don't have an entertainment center. Then that's it.
Speaker 3: Did she did?
Speaker 1: She leave the room, and that's when you were like, a single tear just fell down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought about in and it all.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is a judgment, Freezo. But everybody cries over a dumb reason, and we'd love to hear what is like, what dumb reason made you cry lately? Six ' five one nine eight nine Katie w B. I've cried at work too, same You've seen me so many times.
Speaker 4: But mine wasn't about any job performance or any stress about work. It's a stupid vending machine where the flaming hot cheetos, you know, one at the top. And yeah, for some reason, our vending machine just tries to steal your money. It just got caught at the top.
Speaker 1: Who knew our vending machine at work would be actually a claw machine where you know you aren't guaranteed a prize if you put money.
Speaker 4: I was working so late, it was like eleven pm. I just wanted some flame of hot cheetos. I got stuck and I was shaking it like an earthquake, even though I know you're not supposed.
Speaker 3: To do that, and it just wasn't like a cyclo nailing the.
Speaker 4: Like I just spent four dollars on these chips and they're not coming to me at all.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Yeah, yeah, there, it is all right, we'll call us.
Speaker 6: I want to.
Speaker 1: I just want another dumb reason that you cried lately. Sixty five to one nine eight nine kd w B. All right, your keywords. When the ultimate ticket is show, you can record yourself in the iHeartRadio. There's a microphone into yourself saying show for your chance to win huge concert.
Speaker 3: Tickets to all the big shows on twin City.
Speaker 1: Is like post Malone, Teddy Swims, Charlie XCX and more. We're all human. It's one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and could we have hearts, we have feeling, You have emotions, all the things. Sometimes you just start crying though, and you're like you almost want to laugh. You're like, why is this making me cry? This is the dumbest reason. But I think it's just because you're at your breaking point, you know what I mean, Like you're like you've experiment.
Speaker 4: Or experienced so many things in life too, like you don't even know what that little moment is attached to from your child.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, So we're getting your stories. The dumbest reason you've cried lately, you can call in six five to one, nine eight nine, Katie w B. What's the dumost reason you've cried lately?
Speaker 3: So my mom come on.
Speaker 6: A little crooked then I was so I was raised crying.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I feel that every.
Speaker 3: Oh so true.
Speaker 1: My daughter does that every time I'm doing anything the her hairs like dad doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for calling. Appreciate you, Hello, Katie, have to be what's the dumb reason you cried?
Speaker 9: The dumbost reason I've cried? I don't know if it's dumb, but pretty much the dumbest reason I've cried poor lately was I went to a un orchestra performance and they played the Lion.
Speaker 5: King theme song where the scene where.
Speaker 2: Mofoka like is talking to his son.
Speaker 5: I keep, it's been a wat since I've seen the movie, but yeah, that one scene where Mufasa was like remember.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, oh I remember I do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Was it like brought like so many childhood memories, and I couldn't hold myself together.
Speaker 1: Oh like with you and.
Speaker 3: Your lion dad.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, appreciate you, Katie w B.
Speaker 3: What's the demost reason you cried lately?
Speaker 8: I cried at McDonald's because they gave me a cheeseburger with two slices of cheese on it, and it was already melted together, so I couldn't take one of the pieces of cheese off.
Speaker 9: I was so frustrated.
Speaker 8: I just started crying.
Speaker 4: Too much cheese, Thank you. There's never too much cheese.
Speaker 1: But not true. I am no Hi Katie w B. With the demonstries, and you cried lately?
Speaker 8: Yes, I was making eggs for my husband the other day, Queen. My husband had brought home from Starbucks coffee for me, but I had oh myself.
Speaker 6: I was not going to have any more coffee starting January one.
Speaker 4: No, I cried like.
Speaker 6: It's silly girl, every.
Speaker 4: So did you drink it anyway?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You gotta make exceptions, oh did oh yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, New Year, Save me?
Speaker 3: Adw B. What's the demonstration? And you cried lately?
Speaker 2: So I work at a moving company and we have like big pieces of styrofoam and I was trying to cut a shape out of the styrophon and my coworker came up and broke it, and.
Speaker 8: I just started crying.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's those breaking point moments. I get it, I get it. That's a you've had a long day, you know, ktew B, what's the demonstraes? And you cried lately?
Speaker 2: I cried because a uh member of the Swatshaw retired.
Speaker 3: Oh no, God, it's brutal. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: One on one point three, Katie w B. Has your seen It's the.
Speaker 5: Pop Culture Minute with Sellent and cult On one on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been following along with obviously all of the fires in California, like everyone else, watching what celebrities are doing.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of, you know, pressure.
Speaker 1: On them to donate to help all these different things. And then there are celebrities who have lost their houses and don't actually have money because let's be honest, Heidi and Spencer, they're celebrities because we know them, but they're not making money anymore. They're not on a reality show anymore. Their podcast even got canceled. They were on the hills and so now they've lost their house like many other people of the insurance companies pulled their fire insurance.
Speaker 3: So Spencer has.
Speaker 1: Been like the number one hype man trying to make money for them by promoting his wife Heidi Montag's music. Now the album is officially like number one, not on Billboard, but like on streaming charts. The song this song right here is number one. And now I'm getting tagged left and right, so everyone's tagging me, and every radio person I know is commenting on the videos like I'm working on and I'm talking to my PD. Did it a PD stance for program director, the person who decides what music the radio station actually plays, And I'm like, I've been trying to get them interviews, like on to do interviews on our show.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought we have the books because over the weekend of a response, but then I got.
Speaker 1: A response from one person on his team, but sent me to another person on his team, their manager, and I have not heard back yet. I don't think we're big enough. I think we've have to be TMZ level to get those interviews whatever. But they're basically like the more the music streams the more money they would make, right, I don't mind helping them out.
Speaker 4: It's not about song, it's we.
Speaker 1: Will warm my opinion and music is subjective, but Beyonce's donated two and a half million. I'm sure more and more celebrities coming out will be donating money. Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Mahomes. More so, Brittany had their baby girl, Golden ray Raye.
Speaker 3: I like the name Golden.
Speaker 1: It's cute. I would call her Goldie for sure.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 1: I like the name Goldie. And also Carrie Underwood. She is officially going to be one of the performers for the presidential inauguration. She said, I love our country and I'm honored to have been asked to sing at the inauguration and to be a small part of this historic event. I am humbled to answer the call at a time when we must all come together in the spirit of unity and looking to the future.
Speaker 3: Realistically, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: A lot of celebrities are not going to perform at that inauguration because a lot of celebrities came out very much opposing voting for Donald Trump. So I think this happened before where it was difficult for them to find people to perform for his event.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I don't know. Is that something you get paid for too?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. You would imagine, Yes, I would imagine you do get paid. I guess I don't one hundred percent know that. I'm going to guess it's less than you would expect.
Speaker 4: Do they got to get prat Daddy and out there? Could you imagine let'd be sick?
Speaker 1: Honestly, that would be Honestly, that would be pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't have a lot of words for that.
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian is fighting, you know, she fights for those that are incarcerated, trying to help people prison reform. And one of the things she's fighting for is they have a lot of people who are incarcerated fighting as firefighters, right, so they're risking their lives and they get paid a dollar an hour, and she's saying that they should be getting at least five dollars an hour. I guess they kind of like appealed this, like, hey, this is how much prisoners have been getting paid to help out with fire department stuff, et cetera since the eighties. Let's increase this. And it got denied I don't know how long ago, maybe a year or so ago. So she's fighting to get them more money because they are out there risking their lives alongside other firefighters.
Speaker 4: Something you volunteer for, like throw a fireman suit at you.
Speaker 1: I would imagine. I don't know anything about it, So I'm going to make a prediction. Imagine it's something yes, because you're looking for ways to spend your time while you're in prison, right and also it's probably one of those things that maybe makes you look good if you're up for parole or something, but you're doing so I don't know. That is your pop culture minute. It's brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lens. Don't forget. We have another keyword for you to win the Ultimate Ticket nine minutes on katiew B. Geez that elephant whoo one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Cult. Let's just go ahead and pop in your keyword. Okay. I want to get you your keyword right now so you can get the Ultimate Ticket from us.
Speaker 4: Stop lock drop it.
Speaker 1: Imagine Colt arrives at your house in a tuxedo with a silver platter just a stack of tickets on it. There was food there but cold got hungry on the way over, so it's just ticket, but there was you get. It's a past tense situation. You get a pair of tickets to all of these shows if you win the old commit ticket Charlie XCX, Teddy Swims, Post Malow and Jelly Roll, Tate, mccraig, Kinner, Lamar, Sizza and Moore. But you have to enter to win, so you gotta record yourself saying the keyword in the free iHeartRadio app. Your keyword is banned, so he's hop in there and you go band boom, you're injured. It is that time of the week to get you your animal encounters. These are truly just stories of animal encounters you had, but they have to be They have to have a little bit of like something funny, something spooky, something scary, something aggressive that happened with these animals. Okay, okay, this isn't like yeah, me and my dog Frank were Hey, what this is my animal story today? Frank puked in my car today, took him to the vet. Disrespect. He's almost eighteen pounds. Well, thick boy. Okay, here are some texts we got and you can call in with yours at six five, one, nine, eight nine katiewb So. This one says when I I was like eight, I was walking back home and my sister and mom and I went to his store. It was like a ten minute walk, and a puppy started chasing me. But I was eight and I didn't know what was happening. I was scared, so I started just running in circles. I now later in life went back and realized the puppy wanted to play with me, so like just yeah. This text says we went deer hunting. There was a mountain lion in our camp. We never saw it, but we heard this awful sound very close in the woods and we were in a tent. They say the mountain lions make like their sounds are terrifying. It's like screaming in the night. I don't want it. I don't want it.
Speaker 4: I don't even understand the like why people even put themselves in that position or situation.
Speaker 1: Camping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you had you work to have a roof.
Speaker 1: I've said this to Jake so many times, like I don't and he's like you just have to, Like he just I don't know. It's like camping and I'm like, I just I don't I'm not getting it, like the like there's he literally went up close to like up north this summer and he's like, yeah, it's gonna be so bad with mosquitos, Like I don't know, And I was like, why would you want to be in that situation?
Speaker 3: I don't get. He's with fushing's great.
Speaker 1: I'm like, great enough for you to be miserably bitten by miss I don't understand.
Speaker 4: And that's why when I went to Taylor Falls, it was just nothing but mosquitos everywhere, and then it was like dude, but they were like, dude, you can do. But the cliffs are so pretty in the waterfall, like hair is beautiful. Oh YouTube it.
Speaker 1: This was as my uncle has been terrified of bat's his whole life. He took my grandma to her other home and Sparta, Wisconsin that was like a nineteen hundreds home. When he wheeled her in the house and her wheelchair, a bat flew past his head.
Speaker 3: He ran outside and.
Speaker 1: Left my grandma inside in a wheelchair to her own devices. He then had to go and find somebody to go in and get her because he refused to go in the house.
Speaker 3: Left her in there.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying Grandpa was trying to get rid of her, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like, dude, Grandpa, I wasn't grandpa.
Speaker 4: Grandpa is her uncle? Oh okay, uncle was trying to his mom that will or so. I don't know what was happening.
Speaker 1: All right, too far.
Speaker 4: Just leave your mom in a bat infested place.
Speaker 1: It's disrespectful. Absolutely. That is round one of animal encounters. Now we need your calls. Call in sixty five one nine eight nine Katie w B. You can always text in as well. We prefer to talk to you. But the TEX number's five three nine and two one Katie w B one. The number one more time, sixty five one nine eight nine, Katie w B.
Speaker 9: Call me.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three Katie w B. With Fallon and cult. Okay, so check this out. We always do animal encounters. And here's an example of when we got on text f five three nine two one, Katie w B. One says, looked at a mountain line of the eyes from about fifty feet away in Oklahoma. Nobody believe me until it ate somebody the next day and they said, JK about that part. Okay, you know what I fell for nobody believes you. Yeah, because you're filled with lies number lies. Uh, but we're taking your calls at sixty five one nine eight nine. Katie w B.
Speaker 3: What's your animal encounter story?
Speaker 9: Over a lake Yomo? And I'm with my son and I'm chilling him on the player, and all of a sudden, we hear some noise. It was black about ten at night, and uh we heard. We looked over and we saw our trash bag moving and we weren't quite sure why. Well, long story short, we peeked over and there was about four raccoons that have surrounded our campsite and they're pulling all of our trash bags into the weeds around us.
Speaker 1: They were like, it is a buffet tonight, my guys, you know, but I.
Speaker 9: Was freaked out. I've never seen a raccoon in person, and they're a little, uh kind of creepy little critters, you know.
Speaker 4: And did you how long did it take to clean up all that trash?
Speaker 9: Oh? Shoot, I mean I had my little seven year old with me, so he was like crying, scared.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 9: It took me about an hour.
Speaker 3: At least you cleaned it up.
Speaker 6: Some people would have.
Speaker 4: Just left it for dead or just made the kid do it perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm glad you made it out of your first raccoon experience alive to tell the tale. Thank you. Hi ktw B with your animal encounter story.
Speaker 6: Hey, hi, hi.
Speaker 8: Animal encounter story. It's okay. I was delivering newspapers in the.
Speaker 6: Middle of the night three am.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, blizzard, in a blizzard and running cutting off across to one of the yards and I tripped. I was trying to figure out what I tripped.
Speaker 1: And I hurt myself.
Speaker 8: I couldn't stand up as I dug to the bottom of the snow. I've picked up what I thought was a log, only it was a frozen cat. Noyes a frozen cat. It was a frozen cat.
Speaker 1: Well, you ruined my night with that.
Speaker 3: Hi KTEWB with your animal encounter story.
Speaker 6: So you mentioned mountain lion, and I remembered a mountain lion story I had when I was in first grade.
Speaker 3: Nope, that's too young to face a mountain lion.
Speaker 9: No, trust me.
Speaker 6: So I was living in Fort Collins, Colorado, and the elementary school I went to backed up to the foothills. You're playing tag on recess and girls against boys, of course. So we run to the back of the field and we're at the baseball diamond, and so you know how there's the double gate, so we have the perimeter gate, and then we're behind and like the dugout. So there's probably eight of us girls back there, and I'm in the very back corner up against the fence, and I hear this like meowing, but it's like a weird meowing. And I'm sitting there and next thing I know, this mountain lion jumped onto the fence. His head is hanging over the fence and he is gnarling, and there's eight girls. We all scream bloody murder and we take off running down each side. And the boys like, oh, tag, you're it, You're it, and we're like, no, mountain lion and he had gotten stuck on the fence. They immediately pulled everyone in from recess and they had to have animal control come ount and dark the mountain lions.
Speaker 1: Oh why are you an outside for recess in a place like that? Anyway, we just lose mountain lions.
Speaker 4: What you said it was doing like a weird meow? What does that sound like?
Speaker 6: Just like it's almost like have you ever heard a coyote how like the baby how but it's different. It's so I don't I don't think I could even repeat it, and I probably sound like a complete cool.
Speaker 4: I was trying.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm glad you survived. That's crazy. Shout out to that fence. Were things.
Speaker 1: One point three k d w B with Fallon and Colt. Uh So every Sunday, Colt and I will post some photos from our weekend up on our Instagram. Fallon and Colt I ride out like we write a tiny little short descriptions right like. So it was like Fallon went to the company the company holiday party Friday. Colt built a small snowman. But the final photo, if you go look at our our slideshow of photos took me aback. And I don't have time to go through and critique things. I just I see what cult puts and I.
Speaker 4: Leave it and tell me I did something wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it felt very wrong when I read it. So the final photo in our carousela photos is a photo of coult cat Cuddles, which cold is the weirdest names for his cat.
Speaker 4: What's up with Cuddles?
Speaker 1: It's an adorable photo of your cat cuddles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so cute.
Speaker 1: But what you put for your text is cult got this artisanal.
Speaker 4: Photo of cuddles you have like artistic photo.
Speaker 3: But why wouldn't you put artistic?
Speaker 4: Because artistic I thought it would like use a bigger word. I don't know. Artisanal that's like artistic is like elementary.
Speaker 3: What do you hold on?
Speaker 1: What do you think the definition of artisanal means?
Speaker 4: Dude, artistic? Hand?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Pe, look that up, Siri, don't don't talk her. I'm putting in jat GBT because every time I've ever seen artisanal for me, it's always been like a food description, okay, like an artisanal bread or something, or artisanal cheese.
Speaker 4: You like artistic foods?
Speaker 1: No, okay? I put in chat GPT made in a traditional, non mechanized way, usually by a skilled craft person, not you. It emphasizes quality, attention to detailed, often small scale production, small scale production products. Artisanal products can include things like handmade bread, cheese, jewelry, or furniture, and they're typically seen as unique or higher quality.
Speaker 4: The way I positioned my cat for that photo was so artisanal. I was talking about it.
Speaker 3: I really think you're using it wrong.
Speaker 1: I think it's something you have to think. I've never seen a photographer ever say I can check out this artisanal photo.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm a game changer. I don't know anyone's.
Speaker 3: Smart listening to the show that can help me.
Speaker 1: It's anyone they're a single smart person that can tell us if artisanal works for this quote unquote great photo that he got in his cat.
Speaker 3: I don't think it does.
Speaker 4: It's not my problem that you're so jealous. I get the best pictures of my animals, like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Someone like that.
Speaker 3: I cannot. I don't want to fight with you today, colet.
Speaker 4: I have a kindle. I read regularly.
Speaker 3: No you don't. You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't even read emails that are sent to you.
Speaker 4: You don't even know that I don't read. But you're still right. Someone. It just sits there. It's been dead for three months.
Speaker 3: I don't know you had a kindle.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen a single photo it. We can round up if you reading with your kindle.
Speaker 4: I don't have a kidd'le half the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm waiting for a single person. If you're smart, can you please call six five one nine eight nine katiew B and let me know if artisanal works in the scenario. I don't think it does. One on one point three Katiewb with Fallon and Colts. All right, finally someone's on the phone. We said, if you are smart, please call our show. No one called. Not a single our person listens to us, and that's that's fine, or maybe they still want us to feel especially bad except for one person that's on the phone. Cold posted a photo of his cat and said I got this artisanal photo of my cat. And I was like, I think he means artistic, but I'm just gonna I don't care. I don't care. I think artisanal is wrong.
Speaker 4: It's used correctly because artistic is the basic here.
Speaker 1: And then you step it up with someone on the phone who's going to set you straight.
Speaker 9: All right, So where you're looking for is artistic, not artal.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Artistic, You know, artistic is the basic word. Artisanal is like the grade A like stuff above, you know, artisanal Like it's like it's like saying, well, no, he needs we learned. Let me just It's like it's like when you're instead of saying awesome, that's so awesome. You say that that's exceptional.
Speaker 1: Do you see what I have to work with the same thought exactly.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. So we agree.
Speaker 3: This is cold.
Speaker 4: I don't know. My name is vonn in our dismal it is just the step up above artistic.
Speaker 1: Every time you do something unhinged, people are like Vought. I'm like Cult is the person who's on in the afternoons. Colt's on hinged one in the afternoons.
Speaker 4: Bond's just here for twelve hours, no wonder, he's on hinge tired.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you to that kind soul. Yeah, we appreciate you, the one person admitting to being smart and listening to our show at the same time. Okay, we're gonna come back in three minutes. We're gonna be the one K word play, but we also need to get you your keyword, your chance to win the ultimate ticket. Will do that next one on one point three KATIEWB with Thalan and Cult. It is time for the one K word play. You can call in right now at six five, one, nine, eight nine katiew B your chance to win one thousand pennies. That's right, you heard me right, one thousand pennies, life changing pennies. We also, while you're calling in, we got to get someone entered to win you the Ultimate ticket from KATWB. We have a keyword every thirty minutes. You enter that on the iHeartRadio app. This is totally different because you record your voice on the iHeartRadio app. There's a little record button saying party, and you're interered to win the Ultimate ticket, which is tickets to see all the biggest shows in the Twin Cities like Tate McCrae, Charlie XCX, Teddy Swims, Post Malone, Kendrick and Sissa and more. That's how you do that, and then we'll have another keyword in thirty minutes. Right now, we're doing the one K wordplay. Hi, KATWB, what's your name? Hi?
Speaker 8: My name is Bridget.
Speaker 1: Bridget Okay, we're doing the one K wordplay. You'r chance to win one thousand pennies. So you have to choose if you want to play with cult or myself today. It's kind of like who you think would understand you more?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm definitely gonna go with you.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because the artis.
Speaker 4: Falling. Yeah, everybody loves you, all right, she's out of the building. Now listen, I have faith in you. Do you feel good?
Speaker 6: I hope?
Speaker 4: So all right, here we go. Let's see. First word cake.
Speaker 1: Chocolate.
Speaker 4: Next word pretty, pretty beautiful? Next word movie star. Last word is chalk chalk like sidewalk chalk chalk.
Speaker 1: Drawing.
Speaker 4: Boom fallin there you are fally ali oxen free. Okay, So.
Speaker 1: How do you feel we're going to do today? How do you think Bridget and I are going to match up?
Speaker 4: I think you're going to do well.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: First word cake, Oh gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe like.
Speaker 4: Chocolate, Yes, that is your favorite cake.
Speaker 3: I only like.
Speaker 1: I only like when it comes to chocolate sheet cake. I only like costcos I think I would be open to try others.
Speaker 4: I like the mini sheet cake from Trader Joe's So good, and any cake that Whole Food Test offer. Next word pretty beautiful? No way, yeah, are you cheating? No dude, look me in the eyes. Tell me you didn't cheat.
Speaker 1: How would I cheat?
Speaker 4: That was so quick? Okay? Next word movie star? Dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not getting Bridge and I are.
Speaker 3: On one.
Speaker 4: Chalk.
Speaker 1: Last word you get this bored chalkboard?
Speaker 3: Chalkboard?
Speaker 1: Seriously, no, no, no, you said chalk like clkak drawing. Oh God, Bridget I ruined it for you.
Speaker 3: We were so close, we'd gotten so far together.
Speaker 6: Talk threw me up.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. God, you were only one away from one thousand pennies. I'm so sorry, Bridget. Well, you can always try again, Okay.
Speaker 4: A bridget, you still have a chance to win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We do have a keyword for one thousand dollars, katiewb. How's your shot at one thousand dollars? Now?
Speaker 5: Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website, money.
Speaker 1: How much money?
Speaker 5: That's money?
Speaker 1: Henery one on one point three katiewb with fallon and cold. So tis the season of people being healthier making better choices.
Speaker 3: So if I see.
Speaker 1: One more recipe with someone using cottage cheese in place of something it's getting out of how to get more protein, I get it. You got it, blend some cottage cheese. But my husband is on the creamy train.
Speaker 3: That is a phrase I did not think I would say to that dude.
Speaker 4: Him and creamy that meshes though he could totally pull off that vibe.
Speaker 1: So do you know what a creamy is?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, a creamy is a machine that people in the health and fitness world use to basically make ice cream that isn't like four thousand calories.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he was like, oh, my cowork his coworker was like selling us on like I actually think his coworker has stock and creamy because he was pushing so hard about how it's like changed his life. He and his wife sit down at night and yeah, when they want a sweet tree instead of consuming a pint of ice cream, that this creamy, it's only a couple hundred calories.
Speaker 3: It tastes like real ice cream.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So for our anniversary, I bought Jacob Creamy and I was like, this is gonna be great. First first issue with the creamy you have to prepare things twenty four hours in advance, so you have to put your items in this little plastic container and freeze it overnight.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me when I'm in the mood for.
Speaker 1: Something sweet, I want it now, not like let me let me meal prep for twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Is that ice cream is never pre planned ever, never never.
Speaker 3: Red flag one.
Speaker 1: So this mother mother mother gets a creamy. He he's so excited he freezes it overnight. He puts it in the machine. It is cult when I tell you, this machine is louder than a fighter jet taking off in your ear, and you have to run it two separate times at least then if you want to add toppings, and it's I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Play this for you. I said, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I actually recorded the audio of him making a creamy Here we go.
Speaker 4: White ice cream function?
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 4: Is that terrifying?
Speaker 1: This goes on for like, how's your h eight night? Yeah, it goes on for so long.
Speaker 3: And look, you tried tell me what you can't hear his voice over.
Speaker 1: It's so loud, and that's round one and it goes for like a minute straight. Then you got to do it again. Then it's another one for putting the time.
Speaker 4: I don't do it in his garage, Like, it's just like why garage.
Speaker 1: I was like, the people complain about blenders being loud. A blender sounds like a soft kitten mewing in your ear compared to this.
Speaker 4: Has he tried hugging it to muffle the sound?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, everyone's yelling at He's called a ninja creamy. It doesn't matter, you know what I'm saying creamy. I think I didn't stay the brand in Ninja. My apologies, I didn't. Someone working for Ninja is listening, okay anyway, but point it sucks.
Speaker 4: Also, Ninja needs to stop making stuff because everything they make is just so good and you want to buy it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he forced me, took up take a bite through the day. You can't keep talking on crap. Don't even see how good it's worth it. I took a bite. I guess I refuse to like it. I will refuse to like it, so so mad? Yeah, well you creemy this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but couldn't you just go and get a mcflurry? Oh my gosh what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, It'd be so much cheaper.
Speaker 4: Dude, If you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: It, just grow Hey, Nike said it best, Just do it?
Speaker 4: Nike? You did say that? Or did Ninja?
Speaker 1: Don't? Don't you and this guy that texted that were for Ninja? Just like, get off my back. We're gonna come back with trending on katiewb. Today's trending with Felon and cold on one on kt W brought to you by nikolay Law dot com. Okay, protein powder problems everyone's trying to get more protein, and jacobshoven It and every orfice basically at this point he's like, how can I give my protein? And he's throwing it in smoothies, He's throwing it and just cottage cheese. Sure, it's crazy, but they tested all these protein products and it's shocking. They found seven percent exceeded safety thresholds for toxic metals like lead and and people are just like downing this stuff. So here's what they found out. Obviously, every brand is a little different, and every brand has different safety standards, but a guideline found in this study that vanilla flavored protein powders tend to be safer than chocolate. And this is this is gonna sound like it would be opposite, but it's not. Organic powders tend to be less safe than non organic.
Speaker 3: So they say, actually go for the non organic vanilla.
Speaker 1: And they said choose way protein over plant based, and that'll help too.
Speaker 4: Why do we even try anymore? Like all these it just feels like everyone's like coffee's not good, and then ten years later it's like, yo, dude, coffee is the best thing you can do for you, Like it just feels like I don't know, maybe we should just do you boo.
Speaker 1: And that's what Rby's is leaning into. They're like New Year saying you but let's spites it up. So some markets they have a special menu because it's like Quitter's Week whereverone quits their New Year's resolutions, so they're making you feel like you haven't quit. You can order things like salad with dressing and you're gonna get a double beef and cheddar sandwich. Order a green smoothie, it gets you a milkshake or steamed vegetables. Get you curly fries, which is a very fun marketing tact because only in certain markets. I don't think it's happening here in Minnesota, but I know it is. It is. But I love that so much because it makes you feel like you're staying on track even though you're not.
Speaker 4: Peace.
Speaker 1: I love curly Fries. And that is you're trending on kdew one on one point three kg WB with ballon and cult and the Ultimate ticket.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: We have a keyword like every thirty minutes because I want to give you as many chances as possible to go to the best shows of the year. Here's my idea. You buy one outfit, okay, one banging outfit, always wear it to every single concert.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's you europe banging out? We'm gona be like a leather situation.
Speaker 7: We're going to crop top probably yeah, something that's chaps. I mean yeah, sorry that react I see through like big t over it all. Mesh, Yeah, mesh. You really want the mesh.
Speaker 4: I'm really the seats, the mesh, I don't.
Speaker 3: I hate it, I don't want it anymore.
Speaker 1: You decide what you're gonna wear, because we're gonna be big stack of tickets. See you go see post Belone, Tapa, Craig kenderklamark In, Sissa, Teddy Swims, Charlie XCX, Jelly Row and more. Your keyword is concert. Now the technical side of it, you gotta record that into the iHeartRadio app. There is a microphone used record yourself saying concert and you're intered with one on one point three katiewb with fallon and cold.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's cold out.
Speaker 1: I'm stating the obvious here, but do you think having the heat at sixty nine degrees at night is ridiculous? Because my husband.
Speaker 3: He waits till I go to bed, and I know he goes back out and turns it.
Speaker 1: To sixty eight because I will try to hit to sixty nine when I go to bed. I get up in the morning, it's sixty eight. He's like, I did it this morning. I'm like, no, you didn't. I was cold on it. My shoulders knew the truth.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you get so cold, because for me, I keep the heat at like sixty four. No, you don't real that's what I do believe you actually turn on the air. You don't do because it'll be too hot when I go to bed and I don't want to wait for it to cool down.
Speaker 3: So maybe you have great insulation in your house or something.
Speaker 4: I do sleep upstairs too, so that probably heat. I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm not well. I'm I'm the technical upstairs in my house.
Speaker 4: When I come downstairs, it feels like an ice box, Like it feels like it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: You also have like forty creatures in your bed at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is true, so that's probably part of it. Hamster three cats, dog.
Speaker 1: Where's that sleep? And I don't know?
Speaker 6: So hot?
Speaker 4: It's so hot like reptiles under there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happened in your pants, so anyway, I have a great night. Love you by