Speaker 1: Camfires later with mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are following coverage of breaking news regarding a.
Speaker 2: Metro bus crash.
Speaker 1: I saw NBC four was just on it and they went away, but investigators are seeing what happened with a fatal collision involving a metro bus and pedestrian near the intersection of Azusa Avenue and pepper Rock excuse me, pepper Brook Way.
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Hey, Stephan, do we have any news coverage, television coverage at this moment.
Speaker 2: If not, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, they went away from it, yeah, okay, but we're continuing to follow that story. A metro bus and a pedestrian collided near the intersection of Azusa Avenue and pepper Brook Way in the Santa Fe Springs area, and we know that the California Highway Patrol is on scene and from what it seems is the lead investigatory unit. Well, information is limited at this moment, but we're going to follow that. As more information does come in, we will make sure that you have it, of course, either in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom with Mark Ronner or myself. You know, we follow all things Metro, and so this was something which was happening real time, and so information is limited at the moment. We'll continue to follow that story. Other things we will be talking about tonight that we have more information to seven eleven, which was ransacked by some fifty juveniles on bikes. If you haven't seen the video, it is eye opening and I think it gives us some insight to how these lootings, these ransacked, smashing grabs, however you want to characterize them, how sophisticated they're really not, and you get to see it seems like a more crime of opportunity and of the moment than something which is really mapped out.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that next segment.
Speaker 1: Governor Gavin Newsom signed another plastic bag band into law. I got thoughts about that and how this probably won't change much of anything. And did you see what sho he Otani did this weekend? Again, My goodness, I am a baseball fan, I'm a Dodgers fan, and I don't remember anything like this. This is something which and I may be guilty of recency bias. This is probably one of the greatest moments in Dodger history. It's up there and it maybe will surpass Fernando Mania. It is really something what sho he Otani is doing on the world stage in such dramatic fashion. And UCLA here you go, Mark, this story is just for you. First good evening. UCLA is going to become the first California university to offer chat gpt AI for all the all of its students, faculty, and counselors.
Speaker 3: What a well rounded education that sounds like, I'm so envious of that.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 1: You had faculty trying to fight against AI because students were using it to cheat on exams, and they were using it to turn in papers that they didn't write.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: It's this the time when I cave into your pessimism and say we might as well just accept everything.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not saying you shouldn't accept it. I'm saying certain things are inevitable. I see, okay, there are a lot of things that Oh, let me just say this. I thought it was inevitable, going back to cannabis, that it was going to be legalized for recreational purposes in California.
Speaker 2: Inevitable doesn't mean that I like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean that I support, It doesn't mean that I'll just accept it in my life and anyone else's close to me.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is that you don't have any gummies on you that you're going to give to me.
Speaker 1: Nope, thank you, And if I did, I wouldn't say it over the air. It's legal, I believe in the law. Yeah, I understand that, but so is alcohol. But doesn't mean I want to give that to you over there either. Well you should give that to me as well. Now that we're talking about, how was your weekend, Mo? It was okay, It was okay. I tried to get some work done, other things got in the way. I'm still upset about my USC Trojans giving that game away in Michigan at the Big House, that big run at the end of the game. They should have won that, and I'm still mad about that. I'm a big sc football fan, and each one I have such different lives. I was excited because the new season of Frum started on Saturday. We have one hundred percent different lives. Yeah, we do, we do, we do. And I'm getting into the second season of Tulsa King. That's something else I've started. There's a lot I need to catch up on on not only what's on my DVR, but just other stuff I want to get to and watch because of recommendations from you, Tuala and other people. So much good stuff that is out there. For all the times that we complain about there's nothing to watch, or you know, the quality of programming of streaming or the cost of streaming.
Speaker 3: No, there's a lot of good stuff out there. Don't sleep on that. From It's the best thing Stephen King never wrote. It's really fun, Okay, And I.
Speaker 1: Admit I'm slow to things and I usually need a number of recommendations. Look, it took me four seasons for me to get into Stranger Things, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad I did.
Speaker 1: But when I wait, I get to binge and I get to see a lot of episodes back to back to back to back.
Speaker 3: So this is from season three, right, yeah, and between from and Slow Horses. Having to now that we're in the era where a whole season is dumped online at once. If you got to wait a week for an episode, it drives you nuts. Oh yeah, stand it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what I usually wait till the end of a lot of series, because, like I did, with Succession. I didn't start watching that until the very last season, and it took me about three weeks to watch the first six or so seasons, and then I got to finish it in real time with just about everyone else where the last three episodes. I think I had to wait week by week basis. But other than that, it was a very enjoyable binge watch. Yeah, I'm gonna wait till I'm hospitalized to watch Succession. Otherwise he just doesn't have much interest for me. I've got to be a captive audience for that. Well, that's kind of how Tuala he should tell you the story, if he hasn't already, how he fell in love with Law and Order. He was in the hospital and he was force fed Law and Order all the seasons over the years, and so he watched Law and Order all day, all night because I think it was a marathon or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, law and Order's comfort viewing. Are you kidding me? Right?
Speaker 1: But he was saying he wouldn't have watched it on his own, but since he had a literal IV in his arm and he wasn't going anywhere for the next few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not. I'm pro that.
Speaker 3: It's like Alex in a Clockwork Orange except being forced to watch something good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta say this. I was never a real big fan of that movie.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely brilliant and I'm happy to talk about it with you anytime. I'm not sure it's appropriate for the airwe no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no, no no no.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying to me, I wasn't wowed when I saw I would rather see Space Odyssey two thousand.
Speaker 2: And one than o' clockwork Orange.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll just say this, Kubrick is such a genius that it's worth reevaluating and coming back to over the years. I think it's incredible and I think it's one of the best things Malcolm McDowell ever did.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's fair you're wrong, but it's a fair good to be back. Yes, and thank you once again for a sitting in for me as I was sitting in for Tim. You and Tiffany did a wonderful job. I hope you received great feedback. Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. Seriously, we both had a lot of fun doing it, and hope we get to do it again. I'm quite sure you will. It's later with Mokelly when we come back, we're going to get into what happened at that seven to eleven which was ransacked by a mob on bicycles, just about fifty different juveniles. K IF I am six forty OnLive Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI six forty.
Speaker 1: And it started off with me making a joke out of it how seven elevens were being robbed, and I'm saying, like, you don't hear about this regarding other convenience stores. You don't hear about this with Circle K, you don't hear about this with AMPM. And my point was, there must be something connected to seven eleven how it's laid out. It must be perceived as some sort of easier target because they're the only ones getting hit. I'm quite sure there are other convenience stores out there. Yes, there's a seven eleven just about on every corner, but damn, every single week one is getting hit.
Speaker 2: Well on Friday Night.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've seen the video, but a group of juveniles, youths, they seem like they're in the fifteen to seventeen year old Range. They were all on bicycles and they ransacked a seven eleven store in the Pico Robertson area around seven thirty pm.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about twelve midnight. We're not talking about two three in the morning.
Speaker 1: This is seven thirty on a Friday night, where there're plenty of people around, There are plenty of cameras, there are plenty of potential witnesses, and people saw this happening in real time, which is really strange to me because no one, well I shouldn't say that, We don't know of anyone who submitted their video to the police. And even if they didn't, these dumbasses actually uploaded the video to social media bragging about what they did. It's safe to assume they will be caught. But here is the audio to the video. And to paint a picture for you, the video is right there in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: It's not from across the street.
Speaker 1: It is right in front of the seven to eleven and you get to see all these kids, my word, rolling up on bikes and then it seemed like a spur of the moment to a decision to run into the seven to eleven ransack.
Speaker 2: It take as much as they can, and it seemed.
Speaker 1: Like the idea was, well, if we all run in together, they can't possibly catch all of us.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone was hurt.
Speaker 1: In the process, but from the video it seemed like it was not coordinated other than they were all riding together and they got the bright idea to do this at an hour where most people saw them, and then they were even dumber after that to upload it to social media.
Speaker 2: It's Friday night?
Speaker 5: Do you know where your children are? Dozens of young people on bicycles stormed a seven to eleven convenience store in Pico robertson this Friday evening, stealing whatever they could get their hands on, including food and lottery tickets, stuffing their shirts and sweatshirts and pockets with the merchandise, ransacking and trashing the place in a matter of minutes. When it was over, the scene inside was disarrayed. The violent crowd scattered into the darkness as quickly as it arrived, with all of a criminal activity captured on camera and posted on social media.
Speaker 2: Did you catch that? Did you catch that?
Speaker 1: They posted it all on social media, which means that there are only one degree of separation away from the people who actually did it, or it was done by the people who actually did it. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And that's what And this goes back to the whole surveillance state that we have. You know, they're like cameras everywhere, right, you know that the cameras can track where you rode your bike home. If you're on your bike, you're in a certain radius of that seven to eleven. You're not two or three miles away, You're probably like half a mile away. And you uploaded it too social media. I'm not gonna say that criminals should be smart. I'm saying don't be extra dumb. And there is a difference if you're gonna do it at a time in which most people can see you. Yeah, I know you tried to hide your face, but at seven thirty at night there are a lot of people around. Somebody recognized you, probably saw the video and then saw you write down the street.
Speaker 5: All of the criminal activity captured on camera and posted on social media.
Speaker 1: I know when I was that age, I got into mischief, but I didn't ever really have the idea or desire to do something criminal like that. I would like to believe I am part of that majority. And here is where we have this very what I would say, a complex dialogue about crime.
Speaker 2: Yes, violent crime is down. The numbers are the numbers.
Speaker 1: Violent crime is down in California and nationally, but the brazen nature of the type of crime, the aspect of property crime, is something altogether different. Now, if we look at the numbers as an aggregate, we can say crime is down as an aggregate, but we weren't dealing with this type of crime five, ten, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Now, statistically, I don't know where this falls.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it gets looped in with just property crime or what. I don't know if it's considered petty theft. I know that this type of criminality is new. Numbers aside, so both things can be true. We can say statistically crime is down statistically, but we should also acknowledge that this type of stuff is new. This is something we haven't seen before. And also, if you were to go into convenience stores or not even liquor stores, just like Rite Aid or any other grocery stores, more more products are locked down than ever before. Now, if you lived in the hood, that's nothing new, But now it's spread out into suburbia, and I think that puts a different spin on it because a lot of people are not used to that. If I were to walk into a Rite Aid and I have to get someone's help so I can get some deodorant from the cabinet for me, that's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That's not anything new.
Speaker 1: But if you happen to live in Culver City, or you lived on the West Side or in somewhere in Orange County, you may think, wait a minute, I've never had to deal with this before.
Speaker 2: I've never experienced this before.
Speaker 6: What do you mean I have to push this button and ring a buzzer for someone to come from the other side of the store just so I can get some shampoo. Yes, I know it's different for you, and maybe that's why it feels different and why you may say, no, crime can't be down because I'm dealing with this.
Speaker 2: I've never dealt with this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's a difference between statistics and the type of crime that we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: What did you see, Chwalla.
Speaker 7: It's interesting when I saw this incident at seven to eleven, it took me back to a lot of the incidents that we saw arise within the Black Lives Matter protests where we saw in some instances where riots broke out of those protests, and we saw individuals having nothing to do with Black Lives matters or marching or police brutality or anything like that going in as smashing stores. I remember there was a huge incident at the Grove, far removed from any Black Lives Matter incident. I remember that they were going into stores and smashing windows. And I think that when you saw the individuals committing those crimes, you saw individuals that had nothing to do with any type of movement, but also noticing, wait a minute, nothing is happening, and we're seeing more and more and more, especially in California, thing that got away with the Then it almost started to trend, because that is where we started to see this take off. And I think that, yes, in California, we have some of the most lax laws when it comes to what right now will be considered petty theft, because if one hundred people go in and grab something small, that's considered petty theft. But as a whole, it's granted if they take everything in the damn store.
Speaker 1: Right, thousands and thousands of dollars of damageandalism and theft.
Speaker 2: But individually, if you got fifty people.
Speaker 1: They only got let's say seventy five dollars worth of merchandising.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So that's why these these smash and grab robberies, why they're so impactful, and why they're actually, to me, so heinous, because I believe that these things are organized. There's no way that these kids are just showing up and they keep running in and just grabbing everything they can, and then they were just like.
Speaker 2: Well, there are levels of organization to this.
Speaker 1: There's there's a level of organization that someone is orchestrating it. I don't know, because you stealing a lot of products that you can't resell or move, you know, ransacking of seven to eleven, I don't know how you can turn that into actual money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my thing. Now, if you were to hit a.
Speaker 1: Clothing store or a jewelry store, that's a different animal. And we've heard about how that merchandise was trying to be moved online and they found people who were trying to fence it and so forth.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can find hosts, well, no, but those.
Speaker 7: Phone cases, you know, seven to eleven starts to sell those little little minor electronic things. To me, all of these things are little items that as a whole can add up to something.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But these kids, and I call them kids because they're not adults, they're gonna get caught because there are too many ways in which police can find out. But then the larger question is, yes, were they somehow prodded to do it, were they coach to do it? Or is this something they just decided, Well, all of us are here, we don't have anything else to do on a Friday night. There is the seven eleven. Why don't we just go run it? Because I mean, for us, it was like dining ditch. It's like if we all leave the Denny's at the same time, they can't catch all of us. But it wasn't the same thing as ransacking Denny's, right, And I still owe that Denny's in Torrents del them mall one day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I swear if you don't know I dine in ditch from Denny's. How was in my early twenty It was after coming back from the Red Onion in Redonald Beach, and it was real late and the service was horrible, and we waited and waited and waited to get our food, and we waited and waited and waited at the front of cash cashier's a cash register to pay the bill. And I said, look, I'm gonna wait another two minutes and then we're gonna leave. And there was only like one person who was serving the whole restaurant. You know, there was no way that it could accommodate us. But it was like a Friday or Saturday night. You should have had more people there. Anyhow, we walked out very slowly. She finally realized that it was us, and she ran after us. We got in the car and drove away. And I've been guilty about that for the past, I don't know, thirty years. So I thought I was gonna go in there and just leave a twenty on the counter for somebody, just for anybody. Well I don't I would still be there, I hope not, unless she is like the owner. If she's still working at Denny's thirty years later, there's something wrong with her life.
Speaker 2: Ah damn. If she's she's still look they even have those and she's.
Speaker 7: A manager thirty years later, you can make good money as a manager.
Speaker 2: You can't. I just I wish better for her after thirty years.
Speaker 3: What if she got fired because of what you did in her life, entered a downward spiral that she never recovered from.
Speaker 2: What if she's at the right track right now because of you.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, that's a strip cub and don't ask me why, I know that? Is First King still open or did they close that? And Barbarie Coast? I think both of those good. No, No, I think Barbie got redone. I think that's back under you know, under new management. Yeah, they have better wings.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And how do you know Stephan other than it being in our neighborhood, that's a black strip club. Yeah. I am six forty. We live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have a plastic ban update when we come back.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: I have mixed feelings about any plastic bag ban. I think it's paying lip service to the idea of eradicating all this waste which doesn't naturally degrade on its own, and poisoning our oceans.
Speaker 2: I get all the thoughts behind it.
Speaker 1: I just don't believe, Like, put it this way, having I don't know, one less cupcake per month is not going to do much for your bottom line or in this case of waistline, it's not really going to change your weight. It's really not going to change your cholesterol. It's really not improving your diet. If you're having nine or ten cupcakes a month, then yeah, just one fewer, one less is not going to make any difference. But nonetheless, Governor Gavin Newsom has signed this latest plastic band into law, and it goes a little something like this.
Speaker 8: Now, even though the governor signed this bill into law yesterday, it doesn't actually go into effect until January of twenty twenty six so we've got this some time here. But here's the thing. Back in twenty fourteen, so a decade ago, California actually passed another law in order to ban plastic bags rever Since then, environmental groups say that we have been using more plastic bags as a state to levels we've never seen before. Let's go back to twenty sixteen because this is important here, because it'll be saying, well, if we already passed this law, why do we need to pass another one.
Speaker 2: That's a great question, Why do we need to pass another one?
Speaker 8: In twenty fourteen, California became the first state to ban single use plastic bags.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were the first, Oh no one cares.
Speaker 8: Prompting states across the country to do the same thing. But here's what actually happened. When the state banned single use plastic bags, they still allowed customers to purchase those reusable plastic bags for a small fee.
Speaker 1: I loved those single use plastic bags, those heavy duty ones, the ones that you like could take a shower in and not get your hair wet. The ones that you can pick up all your dog poop with and not have to worry about getting your hands dirty.
Speaker 2: I love those. They aren't single use. In my house.
Speaker 1: I use them as trash can liners, use them for all sorts of things, use them for storage in the house. Who uses them only once? Oh not me. I use them at least twice, at least twice, sometimes three or four times.
Speaker 2: They have all sorts of uses.
Speaker 1: And actually the paper ones are the ones that usually break before you even get to the car. They've become more and more flimsy over the years, and less and less reliable. I would much rather have the plastic bag which is not going to break that I can reuse again, as opposed to the paper which may not last walking ten paces and I have to throw away as soon as I unload my groceries.
Speaker 8: Those are those thicker bags. You typically have the option between buying those high density thick plastic bags or paper bags that check out. But a new report out this year finding the amount on a plastic bag waste in California is actually going up. And even those stores say you can recycle those thicker plastic bags, most people weren't, and according to an Alla Times report, many recycling companies don't even have a program to recycle those. This new law amswer dramatically reduced plastic bag pollution.
Speaker 1: Can anyone remember the last time they were actually asked a question paper or plastic? When I went to Albertson's yesterday in Guardina telling all my business. When I went to Albertson's, there was no option for paper. It was just plastic. It was just the thick plastic bags that was it, and I still had to pay for them. But I was not given any option for paper. And I can't think of the last time or place I do shop at Albertson's, I shop at Vonn's, and I shop at routes depending on where I am in the city, and you know my schedule. No one has ever asked paper or plastic. They just say, would you like a bag for this? And I only see plastic. Have I missed out on some sort of hidden option. It's just like the hidden menu and in and out where if I have to say a special keyword and say animal style, they'll give me a paper bag.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're doing here?
Speaker 3: No, maybe you just look like the kind of guy who enjoys plastic bags and they're profiling you.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say? Maybe you're easy to profile. What do you mean enjoy plastic bags? Well, it's like a loaded comment.
Speaker 3: You enjoy owning and perhaps wearing plastic bags. They can tell this about you and they don't have to ask if you want paper, because there's something about you, Morris Kelly that just screams, give me plastic.
Speaker 1: Well, when I look at Reggie, who's bagging the groceries, he's gonna be Reggie tonight.
Speaker 2: Huh. I don't see any plastic around. I mean, excuse me, I don't see any paper around.
Speaker 1: I only see plastic, and they've already opened up the plastic bag and there's a stack of plastic bags. Or if you go to the self checkout, there's only plastic. There is only plastic at the self checkout. And that's if the person who's assigned to work self checkout is actually going to be there to help you, because every time I had pushed that button for help, nobody ever shows up.
Speaker 2: Nobody. Now the whole self checkout things a scam.
Speaker 1: Too minute, they're telling me that I cannot self check out my alcohol there, I can't do gift cards there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a self checkout.
Speaker 3: Then, not only that they're saving money by having you check your own groceries, but that doesn't seem to lower the price of the groceries for some reason.
Speaker 1: No, you get no type of a discount. You get less help, no discount, shoddier service. Almost said the other word.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's fun to scan the things across the little beep thing if you're a child, but for the rest of us, I don't really see the advantage of it.
Speaker 1: It's always difficult, especially if you have any produce, because they want to make it like it's easy, but it's not easy trying to find some apples at self checkout? Is it Washington delicious or is it this kind or is it that kind that No, it's way too much work. I would rather have someone just scan it and key in the apples by themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they would have to pay that person a living wage and benefits. I don't think you feel sorry enough for the corporations who are doing this.
Speaker 2: That has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: I'm already shopping, I'm already spending money. So whether I end up at self checkout or whether I end up in a cashier lane with Ronda, that's gonna be Ronda and Regia, Ronda Albertson's, Ralph's, Vaughn's, Pavilions. They all make the same amount of money. Whatever is in my basket, this is gonna be the same, so it shouldn't really matter. Actually, at least get the same level of service, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well one would think. Also, I hate the idea of you being inconvenience by not having access to plastic bags. How are we gonna cope with this?
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a disappointment, not an inconvenience.
Speaker 2: It'd be very disappointing. Oh, even worse.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna get inferior paper bags. It'd be different. We have the ones from like the nineteen seventies, eighties, Those were durable, but these are not durable.
Speaker 3: What are we gonna do? Suffer? Yeah, I'm gonna suffer. Yeah this is and you're mocking me and it's no, no, no, I wouldn't do that. I would never do that. It's Later with Mo Kelly. Keep on mocking never. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We got to talk Otani and the Dodgers when we come back with a fantastic weekend. In fact, the Dodgers are playing right now. Maybe there will be more magic, but we'll play some of the previous magic from yesterday.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I am a sports fan through and through. I'm an LA Dodger fan through and through. As a person who works in news media, I'm always conscious of I'll say special moments. I remember when I was sitting on my college trunk at Georgetown University, back when the Dodgers were playing the Oakland A's in nineteen eighty eight and watching the Kirk Gives send home run from twenty five hundred miles away in Washington, DC, but watching it live. I live for those types of moments where you get to see history, sports history happening in real time. I love watching greatness at work and show Helo Tani. I was ambivalent on when he came to the Dodgers. I didn't know if he was the real deal or not. I knew that he was a special player, but I didn't know if he was going to be a legendary player for the almost billion dollars that the Dodgers are paying show Heyo Tani. Yes, I know a lot of the money is deferred until later in the contract, but if you use history as a guide, when players signed these big deals, they never usually measure up to the enormous contract in which they're being paid. Maybe they'll have a few years and then they begin to peter off because you know, they get to be past their physical prime. They start breaking down and it seems like, okay, well the team didn't get money's worth. Of course, it's too early to tell with Shoheil Tani, but this is the best debut I've ever seen in my life for someone who's been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Yes, he's already passed the fifty to fifty plateau of fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases in the same season. Never been accomplished by anyone, And very few players can say that they have fifty home runs in a given season and fifty stolen bases in a different season, except for maybe Barry Bonds and a few other people. But Shoel Tani has had a legendary, historic season in baseball and it's not through yet. He still has a chance to hit fifty five fifty five, fifty five home runs and fifty five stolen bases. I was listening to the game on A and five to seven e LA Sports, but I was also watching the feed on the national feed for the game. It was a Sunday Baseball Game of the Week. I want to play for you the national feed so you can feel the energy of what the rest of the the country is experiencing. Shoe Hail Tani came up at the bottom of the ninth the Dodgers were behind by two, and then he decided to do this bottom of the.
Speaker 9: Ninth, about to begin the Dodgers trailing by one. It's five four rockies.
Speaker 2: My bad, they're trailing by one. I messed it up.
Speaker 9: Bottom of the ninth, about to begin the Dodgers trailing by one. It's five four rockies. The Dodgers have to come back if they want to hold on to a three game lead. In front of the Padres come in to town Tuesday, San Diego one. It's down at two and a half. Top of the order for the Dodgers. Otani bets Freeman facing the right hander Seth Halverson, who faced the top of the order yesterday in the ninth inner, there's two to one. Pitch Otani scot from Wood Summerfield, Otani.
Speaker 2: Change up.
Speaker 1: Remember the other night I was talking about how the great announcers like Vince Scully let the moment do all the talking, get out of the way and let us as the audience just hear the crowd. That was a good use of the moment to let the scene do all the talking. And then after Otani does that to tie the game, the next batter, just for an icing on top of the cake, Mookie Betts comes up and think everyone is still thinking about show. Hey, Otani and Mukie says just Efort. Let me just hit a home run so we can all go home now, well, Murphy.
Speaker 2: Bus grubber, grub at the Oh Toney, good, Mookie, Let's go boom. We are living through history. We are living through sports history.
Speaker 1: This is one of the greatest US, greatest i'll say moments, greatest seasons in Dodger history and baseball. We should recognize it as it is happening. K if I am six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app News without list you.
Speaker 4: FI and kost E HD two Los Angeles live everywhere
Speaker 2: On the Engart radiop