Speaker 1: Today is Wednesday, February fifth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. A little date stamp. I don't know why I do it. I'm really really sure. Let's get into the emails on the Minnesota Goodbye and see what is on your mind. Let me have a little trouble open up the correct file. Okay, here we go. First, one random question. What is a completely garbage food or meal that you can't help but love for me? Kristen says, it's a full stuffed crust cheese pizza pizza from Pizza Hut. It's so greasy and salty and fatty, but so good. I would say, yeah. I would say a Papa Murphy's stuff crust pizza or Buffalo Wild wings because Buffalo Wild Wings I can't You wouldn't believe how many I can eat. It's so disgusting, but they're so good. Sauce do you get a buffalo I'd say spicy garlic and medium is my go to? Yeah? What about you? Asian Zing love Asian Zsanzing is.
Speaker 2: So good, but I do like spicy garlic. That one is good.
Speaker 3: Staple, Jenny, I'll go away from fast food or restaurants and just say Kraft mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, as simple as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, chow Maine actually looks like vomit, but tastes so good and it can't be good for you.
Speaker 1: We just have it out of a can La Choi Chinese. What's it called again, chow main Maine. Yeah, when I was a kid, because you would the can, the bottom part of the can. There was two cans taped together. The bottom can would be the chow main and then the top part would be the crispy noodles.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was over at friend's house one time and they were having this. Now, I'll never forget. It was probably fifteen. I'm over at Mike's house and he's got a family with two sisters and mom and dad, and they had me over for dinner. H and it was it was so stupid. I'll never forget. It still makes me feel embarrassed to this day. So they're passing around the chow main and whatever, and then there's the noodles in the cane on the top, the crisp noodles. Mike, my friend takes him out with his fingers and his dad said, God, I don't take them out of your dirty fingers, so they passed them to me, and I didn't know what to do, so I took him out with my dirty fingers and his dad didn't say anything because I was a guest, but I remember thinking, what a claw hopper of a kid with no social grace. I could have sprinkled them on or or said can I get a spoon or laughed about it or something, but instead, like a dumb fuck little kid, I didn't know what to do, and I just took him out with my fingers.
Speaker 2: But you've also never experienced them before, so like, I totally get where you're coming from, Like, well, okay, he's going to take them out with his fingers, so now I've seen that.
Speaker 1: But his dad just got Dad just scored.
Speaker 2: But then, so I don't know. I would be like, well, I don't know what else to do, so I report my friend no silverware on the table.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm sure there was, and I don't. I mean I could have tried to sprinkle them, yeah.
Speaker 4: Just like dipped it or tipped it to the side, yeah.
Speaker 1: And sprinkle them. And but I did exactly what Mike got golded for. And I still feel a little bit embarrassed about it to this day, and it was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Try to forgive yourself for this time.
Speaker 3: I do know that your friend or his family are thinking about the that moment to this day.
Speaker 1: No, well, his dad's dead, so he's certainly still thinking about it. And Mike was He was a kind of a friend that forgave me for everything. Mike was a really good friend. I'm still friends with Mike.
Speaker 2: Yea, my sister wants some burped at dinner with our neighbor's family and her dad was like, oh, we don't do that in our household. And my sister got so embarrassed because like we would at my table, like you would burp and then you'd be like did you hear that? And it would just be like a funny joke. So she worked at dinner with a different family and it was not said we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Who did that?
Speaker 4: My sister?
Speaker 2: Oh, So I think about that all the time because that was awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did not burp in my family. We did not burp or fart. I mean it just like around like me and my brother. Sure whatever, let's see here. Quick question for Bailey. I'm wanting to get tickets to Beauty and the Beast at the Orphium for my mom and I am finding tickets on various sites with prices going from eighty to four hundred dollars. Is this the new going rate for these type of productions? Where does Bailey get her tickets for the bigger productions? Is balcony seat to get the Orphium worth the money? Thanks for being the first podcast on my after work podcast Rotation. Love the show, Olivia. Thank you, Olivia. That's very kind.
Speaker 2: Go straight from their real like their actual website. So go to Hennepin Arts that's the company that runs all of the theaters downtown, and go through the Hennepin Arts website because then it'll take you to like the official ticket master site. I don't want you to get like tickets off of some you know, shady website and then have them not be real.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Go directly from the website. Yes, balcony is great. I always get my tickets on the very end of the row, closer to the front. And it says that there is like limited view or obstructed view, but it's not obstructed. You can see. If it says anywhere that it's an obstructed view. It's not just get those tickets, they're always cheaper, but go directly from the website.
Speaker 1: Okay, good advice. Here's one from Kylie. Is there a reason why you guys choose to endorse or partner with, or advertise for certain companies? Do you get benefits or perks from it? Like does Bailey get discounts from Sonobello or does Jenny get discounts on gas? Or does Dave get a discounted Snap membership? Are you required to advertise for a certain amount of categories like education, retail, local business, gas stations, et cetera. That's basically I'll be as transparent as I possibly can. It's called an endorsement, and a company will look at somebody like Jenny and go, oh, Jenny would be perfect for this business, or Bailey would be perfect for this, or Dave would be perfect for this, and they go, I would like Dave to advertise Snap Fitness because right now, you know, Jenny and I both work out, but Snapfit this is like, oh, Dave's working out like a fiend, and he's like, you know, very active in Pike's Peak, and there's a story to tell. So Dave would be perfect for this one, and they give me, I mean, a free membership, and because you know that's kind of my payment is I get a free membership as far as like other ones, you know, we get paid. But just because that's the business we're in. We don't sell shoes, we don't make widgets, we don't deliver cupcakes. This is what we do, so people figure that it's worth it. Because I have always said DJs are the original influencers. But I will also say none of us ethically advertise anything that we don't use or don't believe in. I believe in Snap Fitness. I love Snap Fitness. Zero res is I use zero Res long before I even advertise zero Res. And people really trust me on zero res because they know they hear the stories when I talk about zero res and the pitdling that Josie does around the house and the spots and the stains and things like that. And I remember one time was zero res. It's funny. I love telling the story. I spilled something on the carpet. I think it might have been chili, so I scrubbed it clean, and now I had a clean circle in the middle of my carpet, and it was like, Oh, that carpet's dirty, and Zero Res will show you the crap they sucked out of your carpet. You're like, damn, that really needed it. So I love zero Res, Lovelivia, love Treasure Island. So it's true that, yeah, while they do imbursus imburs isn't the right word reimburse or compensate. Maybe, yeah, but we do believe in all the products we sell.
Speaker 3: A show I drive a Mazda and I work with Walls or Mazda, love them, love Mazdas, highly recommend getting one. But yeah, it's always we get a choice of if we want to work with someone or not, if we choose based on who we think is best for us, if we're using the products, if we believe in the company, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: There's one floorist that I won't advertise anymore because I got too many complaints that the flowers arrived dead or not in very good shape. So I won't. I won't advertise them anymore because I will not have somebody who's, you know, making little money, spend money on a bouquet of flowers that arrives dead. I can't do that. I just can't do that. The one that I turned down years ago was a bald cream where it would restore your hair if you were a bald guy. And listen, I know that shit doesn't work, so I won't do it. So there is some integrity there. Good question, Kylie. And here's one, don't stay a name. Good morning morning show Family. I've been binge listening past episodes, and I've come across one from last winter where Sarah wrote in to talk about blowing her nose in the shower. She blows it in her hand and then runs the shower over it. I'm wondering that she wondered if it's normal. I'm ready to say I don't blow my nose in my hands in the shower. I do plug one nostril at a time and let out of powerful farmers blow growth. I also do this when I'm washing my face in the morning in the sink. The stream for the steam from the hot water loosens up mucus, allowing you to expel it much easier. You don't get a sore, red nose from numerous tissues. And I find out that I'm able to clear my sinuses when I do this, causing illnesses to resolve faster, and I think it helped present, prevent illness, etc. I swear by doing this and recommend it to all, not only to mention there's a lot less tissue waste. That's good point. As far as peeing in the shower, I usually pee before I get in the shower, I'm a woman. But on rare occasions when I forget, I may let it dribble in the shower. But I certainly don't sit down like Jenny said she does. I just do a slight bend to the knees and spread the legs and let it go.
Speaker 4: That's the thing with the snot.
Speaker 2: My mom has always said, like with any snot, if you have like drainage at all, she says, better out than in. So if you can feel like mucus drainage in the back of your throat, cough it out, because if you keep ingesting it, you're not going to get any better. So just throw it out somehow. And so I do that anytime second, Like so.
Speaker 3: Gross, I do the morning thing, she said, though she kind of like clears out her nose in the morning when she's like washing her face and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll do that if I feel like suffy.
Speaker 1: Okay, brings me to another topic, chick's peeing while standing up. I was once in Brazil, wonderful trip during carnival, and there was not enough bathrooms during the celebration, so you just wander off and pea somewhere. I was with a group of my roommates, which were other volunteers from all over the world, and we went off in the park to pee by a tree. As I squat down to pee, I look over and one of the girls, who was standing just feet away from me, she straight up pulls down her pants while standing, leans her pelvis forward, spreads her labia, and then let it go like a fire hydrant. I was absolutely baffled. She was from Europe, and maybe that's a thing. There no judgment. I just never seen a woman do this before. I never have either, No, maybe I have. But does it work well? I mean I never tried to peel like a boy. Don't women try to peel like a boy? At some all try.
Speaker 3: We've all probably tried to stand above the toilet and see if we can do it. But it doesn't work. Just so you know, if you haven't tried, don't worry. But I feel like that would make a lot of sense to do that the way she said, But you do have to spread a bit because otherwise you're not gonna have control. You'll have more control if you're spread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I totally get that, Yeah, because that kind of mutes the whole thing. It's like putting something in the way of a stream, right, it's kind of running all down your leg and everything.
Speaker 2: The sprinkler, like if you're watering your garden, Like a boy peeing is like the one the one stream, shoot the straight shoot stream, and then a girl peeing is the soaker. Like you can't control it at all. It just goes everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always love telling the story. Not love telling the story, but it reminds me of when I was in a Grandma's marathon. And one of the things you try to do before you run a marathon is p and the line at the urine, the urinals, the line at the Portagohn's is always really long before a marathon or even a five k or a half or whatever, and so sometimes you go and then you're nervous, and so you get a pee again. So about a mile in the race, people start darting into the woods to pee and I remember I was peeing, and everybody does it, so it's not like, oh my god, that guy's peeing in the woods and you can see them from the road as you're running. And I remember I was peeing and a woman came up about as far away from me as you are right now, about five feet away, and she squats to pee, and I remember thinking, there is nothing sexually alluring about this in the least and not that I expected it to be, but it was just an interesting note that a strange woman coming up and peeening five feet away right in front of me. Was like, okay, we all got a pee, and there she is with her bare ass hanging out. But it was not in the least bit interesting to watch.
Speaker 3: I did watch my friend get hit on while she was popping a squat in the woods during our kickball playoffs, because her and I went into the woods to go pee and some guy comes along.
Speaker 4: He's half drunk. He's like, hey, what's up, what's your name?
Speaker 3: To my friend, and then pay talking to her, and we're like, dude, we're trying to peep gone a little bit further away a because like, guys can hide their situation and much better like we're bare ass out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I just laughed so.
Speaker 3: Hard and I had to like grab her afterwards and bring her with me because I was like, yeah, we're gonna go now.
Speaker 4: You enjoy your little session.
Speaker 1: You know. I've found it really heartening to think that she would come up right up to a strange man and feel comfortable like I don't give a shit, I'm gonna pee. I just found that like kind of like in the spirit of the game, you know, like we're not there to do anything but finish this fucking miserable twenty six point two miles and you got to pee. Next one from Whitney, Hello friends, I might have a relatable scenario for other Midwestern listeners. This time of the year. Has anyone else felt bloately? Even though the days are getting longer and winter is midway ish, it feels like I've been on a downturn for a while. I work out four to five times a week, and I try to be outside when tolerable. I also eat fairly healthy and my blood work is top notch. All of this to say that the normal things to get out of a funk aren't working on me. Do y'all have anything you do to feel better when you have a slump. Side note, I do have ADHD, so the more random the better. Chasing that dopamine baby love y'all from Whitneyvideo games has been a big thing for me because I don't play video games, and I've been playing Alan Wake on my Xbox almost every day, Play for an hour yesterday, play for almost an hour every day. Because Magic and Ukulele are not cheering me up, They're not doing it for me. I work out. I do know that gives me a motion equals emotion, but she's trying that it's not working. So I would say mix it up and do something that you don't normally do, like learn to play a guitar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For Ukulele, I mean they're cheap. They're forty bucks on Amazon, and you can learn on YouTube videos or learn to crochet or learn to kickbox.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My thing lately has been actually cooking meals that aren't just the same bland ground turkey and chicken, because that's literally eighty percent of my meals. So I've been making like sloppy Joe bowls or Hamburger bowls or whatever, and I feel like that kind of unleashes a little bit of a creative side of me. Slash gets me out of the house because I gotta go to the grocery store and gets cific ingredients, and then it takes some time, and it takes you away from like looking at your phone because you got to be focused on the recipe. So I feel like that's been bringing me a lot of joy during this slump. But I feel you, man. I usually if I drink coffee during the day, like a coffee from Caribou, it gives me so much energy that I don't nap ever, Okay, and I've been napping because I just feel so blocked. Even after like caffeinating the hell out of myself, I'll just like nap in the middle of the afternoon.
Speaker 4: And that's not normally how I am. I will be able.
Speaker 2: I would recommend because obviously, like, yeah, you could teach yourself something new, but then if it's something that you have to hold yourself accountable for, it's so easy to just say, like I don't really want to look at the how to crochet today or watch how to play guitar video. But if you like sign up for a class, there's tons of like community education classes that are happening like all the time, and you actually have to go somewhere for it. One you meet people to you either learn something new or gain a new skill because you're like going to a place to actively learn that, and it gets you out of the house and gives you like something to look forward to. You're like, oh, yeah, I have my Bollywood dance class today or whatever it is that you're taking.
Speaker 1: I did that the other day. I went and played cribbage with my friend Melanie, and we'd usually go like two or three times a year, and that, really, like on a Saturday, was nice. Is she was like forty five degrees, But it just felt nice to go do something different, and even though it's not terribly different, it was really it was like in a good mood the rest of the day because it was like, ah, I went out and I did something kind of different, kind of fun. Yeah, it is time now for one Nita's rant.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, it's me. So this week's rant is about people who take too long in the parking spot. So I went to the grocery store, and of course it was on the weekend, so I was crowded.
Speaker 5: So I'm driving around looking for a.
Speaker 6: Parking space, and of course I'm lazy, so I was trying to buy one close to the door, but I couldn't find one.
Speaker 5: So I saw this lady.
Speaker 6: She was putting her stuff in her car, so apparently she's getting ready to come out. So quite naturally, I left her enough space so she can get out, and I turn on my blinker to let people know that I'm going to to be parking there.
Speaker 5: But what does she do? So she takes a cart, she.
Speaker 6: Puts over in the car corraund she gets in the car, she's rumming around in her purse. Then she's fumbling around in the glove compartment. Then she's fumbling around in the fucking armrest. Then she's looking in the goddamn She pulled the visor down and was looking in the visor mirror. Then she looked over in the rear view mirror. Then she gets out and gets goes in her trunk and starts fumbling around and shitting there and then close the trunk. That gets back in the car. Then she picks up her phone and starts fucking around with that. It's like, come on, bitch, get the hell out of the goddamn spot. So Dave, I never get a chance to get on your day tank. So here is my idea. I want to invent, or have you put money into my get the fuck out of the way three thousand.
Speaker 5: So when people take too.
Speaker 6: Goddamn long in the parking spot, you push a button, a claw comes out. It pulls her ass out the spot and push them down the aisle. And when you push the button, the song by Ludicros comes on, Move bitch, get.
Speaker 5: Out the way. Goddamn people pissed me the fuck off? All right, that's.
Speaker 1: I think. One of the things I love about One Need is her generous use of swear words where they're not necessary, but they absolutely color up a story. So a generous worst use of swear words is key.
Speaker 2: Her plate definitely happens all the time in the Costco parking lot.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: Because not only is that parking lot hell to navigate so bad, but when you see someone sitting in their car with their like rear lights on, you're like, oh, here's the spot for me, and then they just never leave the spot.
Speaker 4: You're like, could you go?
Speaker 2: I this is a hot button place and you can't monopolize a parking spot, can.
Speaker 1: I do my one need impression right now, Hi, Dave, Hey y'all, Love y'all. My rant today is about motherfuckers who pull up at the airport and their passenger is not there at the passenger arrival area. I'm there trying to pick up my brother in his fucking suitcases, coming in from Albuquerque, and I can't even get up to the fuck curb because all these motherfuckers are right there in the fucking way waiting for their aunt Lucina coming in from Billings, Montana. She hasn't even called to set our plane is landed yet. This fucking bitch is right there in my fucking way, and I can't get close to the curb. Her and everybody else in their fucking grandma parking their fucking GMC yukon taking up a big fucking space, and I can't pull my goddamn fucking car up to the curb to pick up my brother coming in from Albuquerque. What the fuck, bitch, get out of my way, move bitch, get out.
Speaker 2: The way, and then you have to end it with anyway.
Speaker 1: That's that's right, Lesbie, rant for the day, Love y'all.
Speaker 4: Thanks, And that pisses me the fuck.
Speaker 1: Off, and that pisses me the fuck Offjanita, you are my hero. I always said if one Ed and I had met before we both met our significant others, we'd be married with a bunch of kids by now. Yeah probably yeah, and we would hate each other by now, but it would be a glorious ride. That is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Thank you for your contribution, and if you didn't send anything in, you're more than welcome to send it into Ryan's show at KTWB dot com. Questions, thoughts start, just conversation starters, whatever you want to do or responses to anything, And if you don't send anything in, that's okay. I'm glad you're here on the Minnesota Goodbye.