Speaker 1: Get value you can't argue with at Tesco with their amazing club card prices. Have the perfect night in with their finest frozen pizza meal deal. Get the finest frozen pizza, chips and ice cream all for six euro like our delicious spicy salami hot honey, and do you or Margarito wood fired pizzas served up with their crispy chunkie chips and ice cream like sea salta caramel or pistachio for dessert. Can't argue with that shop in store or online. Tesco Every Little helps available in most stores. Prices vary in express.
Speaker 2: Mum, why did they call it Scottish cheese?
Speaker 3: It's cottage cheese, honey.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Did dogs in other countries speak different languages?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. Well when we get there, well, we've got to fix the car first, but there's someone coming to help us.
Speaker 2: Is it the man from Geneva?
Speaker 1: Not Geneva, he's from a Viva.
Speaker 4: Oh there's a van now.
Speaker 6: For car insurance with breakdown rescue, it takes a Viva visit Aviva. Do I eat to say? Fifteen percent acceptance criteria terms and conditions apply. Minimum premium of three hundred and ten year old. Fifteen percent discount applies to new policies bought online. See Aviva Dotta E for details. Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Arland duc Aviva Direct Arland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Speaker 7: Oh hey, it's your old dad Ward Bond podcast, just slipping into your life to chat with you about ancient toilets, buried treasure and Roman rulers. Welcome to another episode of Smologies. What are smologies, you may be asking yourself. They're smaller cuts of our classic episodes and we cut them down and we cut out all the swear words so that they are classroom safe, their kid friendly. They're good for all ages. And this is a great episode. People love this one, so now you can listen to it as a curriculum or with my grandpa or whomever you like. If you want the full version, we're gonna link in the show notes. That's the longer version with all the squares left in. But this one it's safe. Okay, enjoy, Okay. Archaeology, Let's get into the etymology really quick. Archaeology comes from the Greek ark for beginning and classical archaeology deals specifically with ancient Rome or ancient Greece. Boy, Howdy hot dang, this ologist knows his business. He's an American who lives in Rome, so the dude is literally walking the talk. And he's the executive director of the American Institute for Roman Culture. And he's the host of a PBS series called Ancient Invisible Cities, as well as the Italian series called Under Italy, where he crawls into cool tunnels and tombs. It's very rad. So a statement on his website just reads, my passion is Rome and it is not a lie. And like a plague in ancient times, it's infectious. So hang on to your togas and recline on your laurels to hear all kinds of dirt with classical archaeologist doctor Darius Aria.
Speaker 5: Ogious algy.
Speaker 8: Darius Aria sounds like a superheroim yeah, almost almost rhymes which I've gotten.
Speaker 7: That Darius Aria hello, also known as Dar. What does an archaeologist do If someone says I'm an archaeologist, what does that mean? Because I feel like we I think of dusty chinos and like worn boots and definitely a hat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, most most archaeology isn't spending your time in the field. I mean I can qualify that and say, okay, some people just do that all the time because they're like contract archaeologists. So there's always something going on in Italy where you know, some house is being built or some building is being restored, or some road is being put in, and so they're always out in the field doing the excavation.
Speaker 9: And that sense urban development and so on, or rescue operations.
Speaker 8: But you know, generally speaking, you're studying the so you know, you're an egyptologist or I'm a classical archaeologist, so I'm in the Mediterranean, I'm in Central Europe, I'm where the Romans were. But generally speaking, you know, the archaeologists will spend a lot of time in libraries, like I'm here at the library, using the resources of the getty.
Speaker 7: And so it's some part in the field, but a lot of it is spent also piecing together a lot of different parts of history to form kind of a narrative, or try to piece together a narrative that has parts missing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: So you're getting a wealth of information when you're excavating or doing some sort of evaluative study. I mean it could be non invasive nowadays, but then you need to sift through the data, like what you've now come up with has to make sense.
Speaker 7: Oh man, I love this part. Archaeology is like a fascinating parfait of abandoned junk.
Speaker 8: Or if you're excavating, you know you've unearthed different strata, different layers that people have left behind, and you've gone through the chronology, you know, backwards, so you're trying to piece it together understanding from the beginning to the Of course you're actually the most recent stuff first, so there's a bit of a puzzle there, and what kind.
Speaker 4: Of tools are you using? Take me through a dig?
Speaker 8: Okay, so what I'm concentrating on professionally has been the Roman Era, and because Rome is not a place that's abandoned and it has continually been occupied, there are various.
Speaker 9: Layers that can be quite late.
Speaker 8: So you know, the top layer of a site, well, I mean it will be modern, you know, so there's going to be something just people deposits, how people leave stuff behind, and it can be you know, a coke bottle or a piece of barbed wire fencing.
Speaker 9: I mean, it could be something obviously like.
Speaker 8: That, and then you're getting down into actually in Rome and Vicinity, the environs can be very, very rapid. Sometimes it's even as it's been just shallow as say four or five inches. Awesome, boom, We're already hitting ancient material.
Speaker 4: And where is this like in a construction site? A puzzle.
Speaker 8: No, So I've been My excavations have been in really historic places that are well known, like the Roman Forum, but then also an archaeological site Ostia Antica, and Ostia Antica was the port city of Rome. Basically, Ostia was developed as the city at the mouth of the Tiber River.
Speaker 9: So you imagine this river.
Speaker 8: Flowing from the north through Rome and then dumping out into the Mediterranean.
Speaker 7: So this is a city located right about at the kneecap of Italy. It's right on the sea, and it's been abandoned for about one thousand years and it now kind of looks like grassland taking over a grid of crumbling brick structures. But in its heyday it was this bustling port city and the seaside tourist town, filled with government buildings and military fortifications, amphitheaters, residences and ships carrying grains and other supplies. Would offload tons of goods to be stored and cataloged in warehouses and then tugged upriver by little boats and then dragged into Rome itself. This was a place of a lot of comings and goings, but once a newer port city nearby started getting more traffic, Ostia Antika became so five minutes ago, it was so over. But it's abandoned. Ruins are a really really good place for archaeologists to piece together the past, because that's what they do. I just stated the obvious anyway, Ostia Antica.
Speaker 8: And so then obviously Ostia becomes a very very important place for the Empire, and it becomes a very multicultural city, and it's a great it's like a mini Rome. So the fact that it gets abandoned that is just there then allows us to have really exciting and pretty immediate excavations as opposed to you know, other sites that are continue occupied like Rome.
Speaker 9: Obviously, Rome was much more.
Speaker 8: Complex to excavate because there's a modern city on top of ye.
Speaker 4: And what kind of stuff do you typically find?
Speaker 9: See you find a lot of pottery.
Speaker 8: I was going to say, yeah, yeah, So I mean imagine you have your house, you're living in your house for decades and decades and decades, and you're producing over that time period a lot of garbage. Now imagine your rubbish heap, your dump was right out side in your backyard. Just imagine what people would find.
Speaker 4: Personally, there's a bunch of kombucha bottles and empty bags of cool ranch to writos. Let's be honest.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, And of course we're obviously we're talking about a lot of today, we're talking about a lot of plastic. So for the Romans, almost everything. I mean, sure there's leather goods they're using, or baskets or what you know, burlap bags, but really what's traditionally preserving, what was used for storage from pretty much anything, was pottery. So you're gonna find that and that stuff is fired and it's basically indestructible, but you know, it's kind of like smashed up and there's things can be pieced together and then hopefully if you're lucky, you know, they write on them oftentimes what the material is and so forth, or you know, who.
Speaker 9: Owns it and so on.
Speaker 8: There's a big dump actually in Rome called Monthly Tstatcho.
Speaker 9: It's like a hill.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Okay, a Google search reveals this huge grassy hill in an otherwise flat neighborhood. But then you get up close and it's like a ceramics graveyard. There's just piles and piles and piles of broken pottery, like if a giant just smashed all your jars.
Speaker 8: It's literally something like about one hundred and fifty feet high. Oh my god, and it's got a circumference of like a mile and a half and they just dumped ceramics that are smashed, and the primarily the amphidire. These jars were used for carrying olive oil. So then you say, well, why don't they just reuse the jars? Well, because if you have it filled with olive oil, you ever try to clean a bottle of olive oil, it's a paint, Okay, it's yeah. So what they did was they just smashed it. So it gives you an idea of the volume, the sheer volume that's coming in. And then keep in mind too that the we love the ancient guys because it was also sustainable. So even Rome was a big consumer city, generally speaking, you'd take those jars and you'd smash them and you'd stick them in the rubble for the mortar of a wall. So these things get you know, they're reusing everything. But to be able to create a massive hill like that means it has so much volume coming into this megacity that was the ultimate consumer city, that oh, we can't even use all this stuff, We'll just dump over here and it just becomes this hill.
Speaker 4: My god, So people have always been garbage people.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Some of the greatest finds I think in recent times really adding to our knowledge of the ancient world is like, for example, the drainage channels in Herculaneum, one of these cities destroyed by the eruption of Vesuvius. They found something like six tons of human feces. So you go, oh, that's not my kind of dig, but yeah, like, oh, hit the mother load now. But basically what happens is they sift through all this stuff and they find out, oh, they had parasites, and they had you know, and this is what they're eating, this is their diet and so forth, and it's really really fascinating.
Speaker 7: Since making this episode side note, we've done scatology all about zoo poo and more recently environmental microbiology, which is all about testing wastewater for diseases.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, enjoy your lunch.
Speaker 9: Somebody's got to do it.
Speaker 8: And you don't know what's going to happen when you dig, and just you will not know until you excavate, And that's part of the fun and the mystery and in the puzzle work because you never find everything intact. You're always going to find you know, half the puzzle pieces are missing, so then you need to figure it out, and you figure that out by talking to colleagues and seeing things that are similar and so forth.
Speaker 9: But that's a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: Now when you've got let's say, a crushed base that you've understeden, it's very exciting.
Speaker 4: Whose job is it to physically put it back together?
Speaker 8: Ah? Yes, So then I mean, well that's the job of the conservator, which is very very important. So you know, you can carefully document and excavate, like we actually had a number of tombs at our last dig, so then we had a you know, specific expert.
Speaker 7: So this expert he's talking about is the very very European sounding Pierre Paulo Petrone of the Laboratory of Human Osteobiology and Forensic anthropology. This is near POMPEII.
Speaker 8: He's looking at some pelvic bone and he's telling you man or woman and age and da da da dad. So it's just it was a lot of fun to have him on the site. And you have to depend upon a good team of people from different backgrounds depending on what you're doing. Do you need a structural engineer because you're going deep, Do you need this forensic anthropologist? Do you need the numismatists? Do you need you know, for the coins. But it really is exciting because what you're doing is you're recovering the remains of ancient cultures.
Speaker 9: That's what really archaeology is.
Speaker 8: And you're doing that through the examination of the material remains.
Speaker 9: And you know, it's not just the.
Speaker 8: Things, but it's the things that then indicate human activity, human lives. I mean, it really is the way to connect to those those people of the past. And oftentimes, you know, it's not the big high and mighty the emperors. Like I've done a lot of TV shows, it's like tell us one more episode, do one more episode on Caligula, you know, or somebody who create you know, Nero Burning Rome. But it's also just that average person those communities, who are those people? And so they oftentimes remain anonymous because they don't have the funds to leave behind something great and massive and impressive. So it's really the archaeological remains that can help unearth their story.
Speaker 4: And how did ancient Romans live?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was different ways of looking at it because on the one hand, we just I mean, I'm still in awe of the aqueducts that were constructed to bring all that water into a city. I mean, how do you maintain you know, a million people. I mean, that's a mega city. Cities didn't get that large until after the seventeen hundreds. I mean, this is you got to get the Industrial revolution to have the sophistication to have these cities. So the Romans had incredible, you know, different ways of you know, benefiting from yeah, conquest, but then also just a kind of a life standard that nobody else had. And so then people were what are people doing today? We're going to the cities because cities give you more opportunities. What were they doing under the Romans? People were flocking to the cities. There were jobs, there were opportunities, and there was a whole different lifestyle, you know, all these specializations, all these careers, like this is the person that makes the shoes times, I mean there was the guy down the street that was making your shoes unless you get the import right, get more refined leather or whatever, and it can be much more expensive. But you know the clothes that are being made. Everything is made by hand. But in a certain sense things did get industrialized. You could go to dry cleaners that could accommodate thousands and thousands of people. You drop off your toga and your toga would be cleaned, oftentimes being soaked in ammonium from urine to get those stains out, no thank you, and then afterwards.
Speaker 9: You'd rinse it out.
Speaker 8: And obviously there are different ways in which you can have it clean and smelling well. So the life got really complicated, but then also sophisticated. Because you have the water, let's say, from the aqueducts coming in, you have the bath complexes. You can go You who don't even have a flushing, you know, running water in your house or a toilet could go to these public spaces where you could have a jacuzzi.
Speaker 7: Okay, looked up the amenities in Roman baths and they had heated floors and dry saunas and wet saunas, and furnace warmed bathing water and coal plunges and these soaring, beautiful ceilings and intricate mosaic floors. And they were public so they were pretty cheap to get into, and on some holidays they were just totally free. And while we're talking aquatic, so the water systems in Rome were legendary. They were channels of water that went under the city or above it in these bridge like structures, and they were fed by springs and the flow was transported only via gravity. So all these aqueducts were built to be on some gradient and even if it wasn't too steep, it didn't even look steep, it still was enough to keep the water flowing just slightly downhill. Now, the first aqueduct began operating in three hundred and twelve BCE and it fed a cattle market in Rome. And then as the centuries passed, hundreds of these human built rivers existed all over the Roman Empire, and a lot of the water was used for the bath houses. I mean, I'm mostly Italian, and it's so weird to think of my ancestors just Scrubby Dubby Jacuzzi chillin if you had to describe to like a second grader, the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, and like a couple of sentences, Uh, how did the Roman Empire get so powerful?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: And what happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay, that's that's who. That's a great one.
Speaker 8: So they started off as a little village like everybody else, but they had a sense of themselves and what they could accomplish, and they did it so against all odds. So they end up having a better military. Basically, they had something a good idea, a good kind of mindset that ends up over time allowing them not just to defeat people, but to have relationships with those people in those communities. And they do it rather quickly, and they end up having a great network, to the point that all these communities in Italy are now on their side and they're all becoming Romans, right, they actually get the citizenship.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's buckle up your bots for a whiz through space and time to get some highlight in a very very brief history of the Roman Empire situation. So the history of Rome, it all starts around seven fifty three BCE. Rome was ruled by a bunch of kings, a lot.
Speaker 9: Of whom a bunch of old meanings, and.
Speaker 7: Then it became a republic in five hundred and nine BCE all the way to forty five BC when it becomes an empire. So weird rulers start to take over, starting with Julius Caesar, who crosses the Rubicon into Italy and ends the era of this people led republic by becoming a dictator. So that empire lasts about five hundred years until its fall, which happened about four hundred and seventy six a d.
Speaker 9: But Rome ends up, you know, so having this voice.
Speaker 8: Rome today still has a voice as well as the capital of a country country's only been around since eighteen seventy eighteen sixty thereabouts, as modern Italy. There was no modern Italy before there. It was all city states.
Speaker 7: So Italy is a brand new country. I did not know this, and again I'm Italian. Can I ask you patron questions?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: But before that, let's send off some money to a good cause. And this week we're going to toss some chunks of gold at the nonprofit Ancient Romelive dot org, which is a free educational learning platform for students and teachers and travelers and history lovers. You can find out more at ancient romelive dot org and Darius is the director. So score boom money, Thank you sponsors.
Speaker 1: Get value. You can't argue with at Tesco with their amazing club card prices. Serve up something special with our finest meal deal for two starring one main, two sides and dessert for only sixteen year row like succulent board, be approved virushined, the Striploin steaks with peppercorn butter or delicious Virus Chicken Parmegama served with creamy potato gratam and our mix of rainbow root vegetables. And enjoy Goozillionaire or Soldier Caramel cheesecake. Can't argue with that shop in store or online. Tesco Every Little helps available to most stores. Prices very in express.
Speaker 2: Mum, why do they call it Scottish cheese?
Speaker 3: This Cottage cheese?
Speaker 7: Honey?
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Did dogs in other countries speak different languages?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. Well when we get there, well, we've got to fix the car first, but there's someone coming to help us.
Speaker 2: Is it the man from Geneva?
Speaker 1: Not Geneva he's from a Viva Oh, there's the van. Now.
Speaker 6: For car insurance with breakdown rescue, it takes a Viva visit a Viva data e to say fifteen percent acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Minimum premium of three hundred and ten year Oh fifteen percent discant applies to new policies BottomLine. See Aviva dotta E for details. Car insurance is underwritten by a Viva Insurance Ireland DOC. Aviva Direct Arland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Speaker 3: Love m ands quality and value you can trust. At MNS you can update your home, your wardrobe and theirs with quality you can count on. There's the ultimate twelve euro les brat, the softest ever kid sweats from six Euro fifty, luxurious Egyptian cotton towels from eight Euro twenty five, and so much more value you can trust only at MNS shop in store or at Marks and Spencer i E.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's ask this nerd your questions. Jay wants to know is Rome a big archaeological minefield with ancient stuff below the ground everywhere? And how does anyone build anything without ruining some of the sweet mosaic under the ground.
Speaker 9: You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 8: Rome was the mega city, the greatest city of the ancient world, a million people living there. So everywhere you dig you find something ancient that's exactly correct. Now, in different time periods, people cared less. So when you unify Italy, the Savoya family wants boulevards and new buildings, and they uncover tons of stuff and then oh, look, we'll keep the statues or whatnot. We'll document this, but we'll knock everything down. So there are those issues where you lost a lot of material but also made a lot of discoveries. Today, of course, is very very the process is very meticulous, very.
Speaker 9: Refined, and very time consuming.
Speaker 8: So if I put an elevator in this building, or I want to gut this building and put in a department store, which happened with Rina Shante, then they literally found a whole slice of a neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Well, Lloyd Parley has a bathroom question.
Speaker 9: Oh right, uh, sponge on a stick YEP sponge on set.
Speaker 7: The whole wiping their butts with the public. Shared sponge on a stick. So a recent mosaic of this item, which is known as a xylo spongium, was recently uncovered in modern Turkey, and let's just say it was humorous in nature, and it confirmed that for millennia people have enjoyed toilet humor and comic strips.
Speaker 4: While in the.
Speaker 8: John they find a mosaic with a guy with a little stick and a sponge on it.
Speaker 9: So what's with that? So the idea is, do you have any idea how much paper costs? Back then?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it has made my hand. It's made from a pyrus. Oh god, I mean, you can't waste that. It's not going to happen, So you do you know what let's talk about Let's talk about diapers. Oh, I mean seriously, all the modern things we have today. Then we're a throwaway society and it's convenient. I mean go back. I mean my parents, you know they washed our diapers. Yeah, but I mean the things that we take for granted today. Oh, so you know, it's the same thing with a with sponge on a stick. I mean, what do you expect them to do? You know, these are big issues. So sponge on a stick, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Didn't know about that until this moment.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh god.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's see Christopher Barley and Lord Parley. Both wanted to know if Roman concrete was indeed stronger than ours now it is?
Speaker 4: It is, ok?
Speaker 9: It is ok.
Speaker 8: Why is the Dome of the Pantheon still standing after let's say, you know, eighteen hundred years? I mean, how is this possible? We can't build anything that last eighteen hundred years? But I mean, how do you have anything last that long? How come we're excavating stuff when we're finding these really well preserved structures. Is because they built them in a different way, and for us to do it today it's it's not efficient. It's not cost effect efficient. So are we cook the lime? We the processing is different, so the material is weaker.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 9: Know that, So that doesn't last as long.
Speaker 7: Okay, So much like a coveted recipe for barbecue sauce, Roman concrete recipes are exciting to people, including myself.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: So the secret ingredients volcanic ash and seawater. So the seawater broke down the ash, and then this other mineral, philipsite crystallized in its place, and that hardened the concrete over time, so instead of breaking down, it just kind of got better and better. But still, you know what I would take our concrete over there zylospongia really any day. Okay, So this next question floored me. Jamie Peterson wants to know. Is it true that marble statues were originally painted brilliant colors and the paint disappeared over the time to reveal the natural stone color that we see today.
Speaker 8: Yes, absolutely, because the materials were biodegradable. If you bury something, it's just it's gonna come off. They use tempera, they using caustics, so they actually they put a hot wax kind of paint that was translucent, so the whole dynamic I would actually really look like We're not exactly sure. So when you see a reconstruction, always take those reconstructions to day with the grain of salt, because they're.
Speaker 9: Usually not very good.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, So to recreate what must have been there has not really been done.
Speaker 4: When do they stop painting them?
Speaker 8: Do you think, ah, that's a good question. Now, I mean all throughout antiquity they were painting them. That's necessarily the full body. It could be like, it could be the clothing, the drapery, the hair, the paint, the pupils, maybe the ring on your finger, et cetera. Even inserting like a metal necklace or a crown or ear rings, so it got to be quite dynamic and lavish.
Speaker 7: Right last nast year, I always asked, Okay, the best thing about being an archaeologist.
Speaker 9: I think there's everything that's great.
Speaker 8: You meet people, diverse cultures, get to travel, got to always have a little bit of a tan.
Speaker 9: You know, my work is outdoors. My work is outside.
Speaker 8: Then my younger daughter used to say when she was really little, she said, daddy's office is the coliseum, which is an nice thing to say, and it's kind of like, yeah, I mean, it's just I want to be in contact with this as much as possible. And the other beautiful thing again to underline is there are collections around the world in museums which do a phenomenal job to promote all this history and stuff like that. But remember they're all pretty much all collections you've acquired, you've bought, you've purchased, and right nowadays are really scrutinizing where this stuff is coming from because a lot of stuff is looted.
Speaker 7: Daria says that preservation is really important, as is knowing where the objects came from.
Speaker 8: Seeing right now I'm at the Getty, and the Getty has a beautiful, fantastic relationship. Was not always the case, but right now with the Italian government and they're sharing and they're working, and they're preserving monuments and so forth. So it's great to see when those things can really work and it doesn't just benefit the monument themselves, it benefits the local community, the local governments and so forth.
Speaker 9: That's the kind of things I'm involved in. I want to be more involved in.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: This is great, amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to go to rome Just let me know when you're coming to rome O. Good, We'll get an afsport.
Speaker 7: Go check out some Roman ruins, eat some pizza.
Speaker 4: While you're there.
Speaker 7: You can find dariusaria all over. He has tons of beautiful photos and links up at his website that's Dariusariadiggs dot com, and his Twitter and Instagram are also at Dariusariadiggs. You can check out his show Ancient Invisible Cities on PBS and his Italian show Under Italy and that's at riplay dot it r I A p l a y dot it, and his American Institute for Roman Culture is at romanculture dot org, so you can find me at ologies on Twitter and Instagram at Aliward with one L on both and aliward dot com has more links. Also linked is aliwar dot com slash Asmologies, which has dozens more kid safe and shorter episodes you can blaze through. And thank you Mercedes Maitland of Maitland Audio for editing those and says we like to keep things small around here. The rest of the credits are in the show notes. And if you stick around until the end of the episode, I give you a piece of advice. And this is some life advice I have sworn by for decades, and that is where very brightly colored and patterned socks, because not only do they make any outfit more exciting, you can wear them mismatched if you like, but when you're matching socks, it's just way easier if you've got a bunch of weird wacky socks. Then if you've got a bunch that are kind of the same color but bland, so start wearing weird socks, because laundry day is way more fun that way.
Speaker 4: All right, Bye?
Speaker 9: Bye?
Speaker 5: Algy Sology.
Speaker 1: Knowledgees get value. You can't argue with ates, go with their amazing club card prices. Have the perfect night in with their finest frozen pizza meal deal. Get the finest frozen pizza, chips and ice cream all for six Euro like our delicious spicy salami, hot honey and Doya or Margarito wood fired pizzas, served up with their crispy, chunky chips and ice cream like sea salta caramel or pistachio for dessert. Can't argue with that shop in store or online. Tesco Every Little Helps available in most stores, Prices varying.
Speaker 9: Express