Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome up to another episode of Fire Up. I hope you're all fired up as I am.
Speaker 2: Oh, we are, Candy, You're back from vacation. We be waiting. We've been waiting for you. We're waiting. We're still waiting. And I know that y'all had a fantastic time, and I hope that you did and you deserved it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I appreciate that. And with that being said, I actually prepped a little bit tonight. We actually have two pictures that I'm gonna share with everybody. The first picture was taken this is Scott and I. We were on an excursion and this is Norway in the background, and this is not filtered or anything like that. This is the actual like colors. It was unbelievable. And then here is a picture. This is a double decker waterfall in Iceland. And we were in Norway and Iceland and one of the things they were saying is this all this water is from one of the glaciers in Iceland. And unfortunately, Iceland only has one big glacier left, and they're saying because of the global warming that by twenty seventy it might not have any glaciers left, which would be sad because then all the waterfalls would go. And but yeah, so I figured I would just share those two photos with both you gentlemen tonight and the rest of the audience.
Speaker 2: I love them, Sorry, I loved them. They literally, like you said, they're not AI generated, but they certainly do look that way.
Speaker 1: I know, the colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that waterfall it looks like a ship literally got stuck there and was frozen over by ice before literally is how that that comes across to me? That picture?
Speaker 1: Well, and the one thing I will say is Scott and I did a bunch of small, well not always small. We did a bunch of videos that we will slowly be putting up on the YouTube channel. So everybody watch for those, turn on your notifications and so you can see some of them. He interviewed. He interviewed a couple of tour guides, one in Amsterdam, one or two, and a couple in Norway, a couple in Iceland. It's just really interesting and then for us to show you the sites, So watch for those notifications and those videos to go come up on the UH station. Okay, and then what's up, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a few people chopping it up over here in the chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got a lot of people in chat.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, y'all, buckle up, get comfortable, because it's about time to get fried on fire up. We haven't even dove into the sports topics yet. My goodness, can you only imagine we were just getting started around here, folks, y'all tune in. Let's go some here. I know you ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I'm always ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, So our first topic, I'm gonna it's gonna be leading off with what the title was. So I read an article that Dion Sanders now is coming out and saying he believes there should be a salary cap for the college football He says it creates an unfit advantage obviously if one team is paying, you know, their players x amount and another team can pay him x amount plus. So your thoughts, Samir, will start with you, your thoughts about should there be a salary cap in college football?
Speaker 3: I mean he's right, and yeah, he is Deon Sanders, and there's a big brand name that comes with that, So that alone is able to attract guys like a Travis Hunter or recently a Julian Lewis a five star quarterback recruit to a school, even in a place or school such as Colorado, who may not have the football what's the word, the correct word, may not have the football acumen that.
Speaker 2: That was the word I was about to say.
Speaker 3: But even with that, you still have an unfair advantage with the Georgia's, Alabama's, Ohio State and others being those who are the wealthiest schools being basically being able to buy whoever they want. It creates an unfair advantage in that compartment. And it's all and without it or a salary cap would also make a coach's job easier, because look, all these guys want to play, they all want to get paid, so when that opportunity arises. So let's say you are a four star defensive tackle at Georgia. Chances are if you're at Georgia, you're a good player, and you have a hard time making it up the depth chart, like you've got maybe two or three future NFL guys ahead of you, like you are going to either use the nil money as a tool for them to get you to stay, or you're going to transfer and try to get more playing time. And I think with the way it is set up. Now, I'm for an I L. I think it's I think it's I think we need to have ni l's to give the players a chance to get their fair share of money. But I think it needs to be regulated. There does need to be a salary cap. Not only that, but also I think if you get an NIL deal, you have to play at that school for two years. So yeah, the salary cap is a good idea. And then then I would add another bonus to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, good points, JD.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, uh, Samir, Just to play right into what you were saying there, I completely agree. If a player goes to Furman University. Just for example, let's say I've got a player he went to Furman and he gets you know, looked at or recruited by a bigger school, but he's not really in the portal and they kind of entice him to hit the portal. And even if that weren't the case, even if they don't, you know, tamper to use that dirty word, tamper, Even if they don't tamper, shouldn't the school that gave him a scholarship and put food in his mouth and tried to coach him up, tried to give him a chance to play football. Shouldn't all those coaches and that school and everything be compensated for you taking a player away from them. It would be like, Okay, so I'm a guardian. I garden, got I got tomatoes, I got cucumbers, I got squashed. This in comparison, and I'll throw it back to you guys right after this. This in comparison, though, to me, would be like, Hey, that's a really nice tomato seed you planted there. I see that it's growing into a plant. So I think I want to take that plant. I want to buy that plant for me, and I'm gonna use it to my advantage. And I'm gonna be the one who gets the fruit from the trees of that vegetable, that fruit whatever, because that is what's happening now. There are what we call feeder schools, yeah, in college football, and it's because of NIL and the portal. And I'm all for players making money. You won't catch me making no flak about players make money. The NC DOUBLEA has benefited from them for way too long. And I told Candy earlier, I'll go ahead and say it right now. This whole raschual face on situation for my game Cocks is crazy. If if I'm gonna call out the NC double A, I'll go ahead and do it now. NC DOUBLEA, you can go ahead and get cooked real quick. But for you to leave this young man in limbo for six months, not knowing what he needs to do, not knowing if he's playing college football, not knowing if he has already passed the point to where he can get into the NFL. Like NC DOUBLEA, you at least owe this man an answer at this point, I don't care if it's yes or no. I don't I don't care. I want the guy to play yes because I'm a Gamecock fan. I think he's a great running back. But at the end of the day, it's about the end A. They need to answer to this way soon, and so yes, I'm all for players making money. I'm all for the portal, I'm all for all that good stuff. Great great response by Samir. I mean, sir, I don't know where else to go from there.
Speaker 1: I agree the one thing I agree that players should get compensated. My issue is is they're still in school and we forget about that, like they're supposed to be going to school for school, but they're not. Let's face it, there, I mean, they're they're in sports, they are taking classes. How serious they are and stuff like that, it remains to be seen. Some of them do finally graduate, some of them don't. Some of them go back after the fact, but they're not professionals yet. They're actually in school, and I think that we we kind of lose sight of that. So but I definitely agree there should be a salary cap, because yes, it is an unfair advantage. I mean, let's face it, you can have one confident or one con Let's just take one conference, and the conference that I'm most familiar with obviously would be the Big Ten. Look at you have the big schools like Ohio State and the Michigan's and then you have some of the smaller schools. You know, Wisconsin is not the elite the Ohio State, you know, and it's going to have a different So would they have unfair advantages? Not only do they have an unfair advantage because they might have a long, longer program, longer storied program, more championships underneath their belt, but now they also might have more nil money to dish out, So not only are they you know, and how competitive then is that conference going to be? And how is that going to change the conference and the competitiveness in it? And yes, I agree that there has to be some kind of regulations. I think then is flying by the seat of their pants like a like a lot of different companies all of a sudden, you know, now there's AI. So now companies are trying to refocus, and Okay, how is that going to adjust us? How is that going to affect us? And as we're going where you're coming up with new regulations and new you know, laws or whatever. But definitely has to be some kind of uh yeah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like this is all new to everyone, including the NCAA. So this you know, three or four year period of NIL has kind of been the trial run. And I think sooner or later they're going to make adjustments because there had because I mean, the original extreme of everyone benefits except the players was wrong. But I feel like this is close to maybe another extreme where the players are almost milking the system basically, like where does it stop? Like eventually, I mean, eventually we're gonna have high schoolers getting NIL deals, Like where does it in states like Georgia, Texas, Florida count Where does it stop? There a boundary.
Speaker 2: There was high school players already getting an IL deals though to samirity exactly what you're saying. Sorry to interrupt you, but yeah, I can't continue, Samir, but yeah, there's already scholars getting NIL deals. Let's trickle down.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do you think less of these players M A L players will graduate? Do you think graduation rates will go down because they're starting to earn money and now they're like, ooh, I like this the money in my hand. Let's try and declar. There's no way to.
Speaker 3: Look at it, but I think I think there's a chance it goes up. Graduation rates go up because now players who are good enough to go to the NFL will not be so hard pressed to declare for the draft after they red shirt and then play two years. I mean, who knows. Ay, maybe if I play well enough, I can get a newer and a bigger NIL deal from either my current school or from a different school. After that two year deal I suggested earlier, and I can get more money. I can finish school and get a degree, and I can potentially increase my draft stock from where it may have been a year or two ago.
Speaker 2: So that's one way we'll get with, Yeah, Samir and p digits over here dropping wisdom on everybody.
Speaker 3: We pens there.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: Of There is a possibility that you hear rumors about it, mainly throughout the NFL and the NBA, where you have these players parents and or agents or both talking about if a certain team has a reputation for being a dysfunctional franchise and they have the number one pick, like you could have a scenario with the nil and that could be the downside of what I'm talking about, that that player or their agent or parent could say, Hey, you know, I'm not playing for that team. We're gonna stay another year, which in a way would take away the competitive purpose or the parody of a league like the NFL. Like there was a rumor that came out not too long ago that Can Williams dad didn't want him playing for the Bears. Like like like, let's say hypothetically, and I don't think this will happen, but hypothetically, the New York Jets end up with the number one pick, and I think they're gonna be a lot better than getting in one pick actually, but it's just a hypothetical because the New York Jets for a while have had a reputation for being dysfunctional. Woody Johnson has a bad reputation around the NFL in regards to what he's done as an owner. So what if Arch Manning pulls a knee line says, I don't want to play for the Jets, I'm staying another year at Texas because that organization is dysfunctional. I'm not declaring you know that that could be a scenario.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, I completely agree. It certainly could. And I didn't even get to the Deon Sanders part. Yeah, kudos to him for mentioning the NIO and the transport portal stuff the way he did, because he's not singing the same tune that he was a while ago when he was talking about how he's bringing his Louis Vaton luggage and like everything's gonna be well and good in Colorado. He he understands now he's got to build this thing brick by brick by the dirty sea words chemistry, culture, commitment, camaraderie, competition, courtesy, complacency. Bro I got them all all the sea words. I'll knock them sun guns out the part that is what college football is about. That's what it's always supposed to be about, and it's changing, and it'll lose fans because of it. I don't know where they're gonna go. Maybe they'll start watching soccer. I don't know where they're gonna go, because if they're a die hard college football fan that gets turned off by this, that means they're already over the NFL and they watch college football because they don't like the whole thought of all the millions of dollars they make for doing this. And then if they quit watching it from there, like where do you go? You go back to baseball? Where are you going in that situation? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mm hm m hm. Okay, Southern j D. I know you have a topic. You wanna shut it up?
Speaker 2: I would love to. As a matter of fact. All right, ladies and gentlemen, First of all, make sure you hit like, follow, share, subscribe. We're gonna get candy. Not don't show it just yet.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well we'll get it to you, Tom. I'm gonna paint this story here, okay, and then we'll dial it up and we'll see what kind of reaction we get from it. So NASCAR has a huge inconsistency versus consistency problem. Every once in a while they want to tell you that this is the rule, and then every once in a while they want to tell you this is not the rule. Well, the rule is always driver safety. Until this past weekend at Chicago, where they raced on a short track, Cody where hit into a tire barrier going almost one hundred miles per hour. He even said I need help the moment he crashed and was trapped. Yet NASCAR waited thirty five seconds for the leader to take the white flag and them to ultimately call the caution. Was this staged? Is the NASCAR becoming wrestling or is it just a consistency problem? Guys? If you're trapped under that car, in that under that tire barrier, if you're Cody Ware, do you want NASCAR to call that caution? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. It's not only consistency problems, as you mentioned, it's also I think a safety problem, a big safety problem, especially when you're.
Speaker 2: Dealing with He says he can push back, I bring it.
Speaker 3: I mean my thing is, especially when you're dealing with cars that move at a very high speed and very close to one. I mean, I don't know really anything about NASCAR like that, to be honest, but I know that you know.
Speaker 1: You want me to put this video up now, Yeah, let's put it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go into it. Yep, all those other cars are in control, and then I don't know how well people can see it from my screen, but there's just like this little blur. It zips across the screen. You can see all the other cars, but you can barely see Cody where crashing into that. How was that not a caution? Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you see it? For some reason?
Speaker 1: You see it gonna take us off and make it a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me see it. I can actually, I can go back to the page. Let's see, and I will bring it up full blown.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, it's not only consistency issue, more important the issue if you are in that post.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, did we get the full video across there? Sorry?
Speaker 1: I don't know that full video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about say, I got it frozen on my screen right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's frozen on the screen right now. I'm here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, yeah, that's fine, that's yeah, because I paused it coming back, So I think, candy, Yeah, we can remove that from Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh now I gotta put us all back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go, there we go. Hey, we did it and we figured it out. H As soon as NASCAR can't drive an instant caution a few hours ago, now not anymore, that is really hard.
Speaker 3: To eat.
Speaker 2: Maccraft exactly. He said he needed help the moment he crashed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, like that's ah, that's a bad management from NASCAR. So because I mean the.
Speaker 1: Minute of the driver says I need help.
Speaker 3: You got to get him help.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: They they even have him trained. They got to drop their window net. But yes, Maccraft, I don't know if you've missed that altogether, but Cody Ware literally said need help. There's a whole video he literally he said, need help. If that's not like need help, like if that's not a driver speaking on comms blah blah blah blah whatever else, the drivers are in constant radio communication. Yes, exactly, he said he needed help. Like you're trying to argue my point, but you're proving my point. There is video of him saying need help. NASCAR said they waited to see if he was gonna call it or be able to back up and continue what happened.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something you don't want to mess with. I mean, if if a driver says they need help, you never know that if they could be injured themselves and they you know, they don't know it better. So but yeah, NASCAR is not one of one of the sports I watched too frequently.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but we can all relate you being consistent for umpires and referees and yeah, like Nascar and safety. Hey, if you don't call it a certain way, I'm good with it. Call it a certain way, but don't tell me it's drivers safety. One week and you throw a caution really fast and then in this particular case, you wait thirty five seconds. That is not calling it caution really fast.
Speaker 1: That is not speaking of consistency. Did you guys hear that they're gonna use some robots in the All Star Game?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: I did, so, Samir, let's talk. Let's talk All Star games. Since I know it's in your backyard, it's.
Speaker 3: Right in our backyard.
Speaker 2: Literally, he listen. He's a Braves guy and he knows Braves. Literally, the All Star Game is in Sameir's backyard.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, So, I think the fact that they are using the robot umpires for the All Star Game shows that, I mean, the league definitely is thinking about using or implementing robot umpires on the regular basis in the future. It may not be a matter of if, but possibly more a matter of when. So and I think what better experiment for the league than to do it at the All Star Game at a national scale. But yeah, it's first All Star Game in Atlanta in twenty five years. Even with how pitiful the Braves have been this year, we do have three All Stars. Chris Sale is unfortunately injured for action rib as we all know, Ronald Cunya Junior. I think the fact that he's in it is definitely one of the lone bright spots of this season, him being able to come back from his ACL injury, hitting over three thirty so far, already eleven home runs, and he's starting in his home stadium. Matt Olson is someone I've been hard on the last four years, someone who has regardless of how you may feel about him, I know he's a polarizing figure in the Braves fan base. He is in it as well, not a starter, but he is in it as well, not only in his own stadium, but also as someone who grew up in the Atlanta area, so yeah, he's in it as well. So those are really two on bright spots. Ronald is also in the Home Run Derby. This will be his third time doing it. He was in it in twenty nineteen twenty twenty two. Both times he ended up losing the Pete Alonzo who is not in it this year? Quite frankly, it's somebody who I wish was in it. He's been in it virtually every year has been in the league, and that would have been fun to see another Alonzo Acuna matchup, potentially in the home Run Derby, but unfortunately we're going to miss out on that. And also, notably the manager, Brian Snicker, there have been some rumors about this potentially being his last season as manager, as his contract is ending in He's been the organization for forty nine years, so there is a lot of rumors and he's made some hints that he may retire at the end of the season, so some are seeing as possibly as like a gesture or a send off, along with the fact that it is in his team's own ballpark, so another notable headline. The current Braves first baseman Mattilson is in it. The former Braves first baseman, Freddie Freeman will be in it in his old ballpark and he will be the starting first baseman. So some notable headlines there.
Speaker 2: I will say this right under your point what you were just talking about. Atlanta Braves Twitter has been lit up the last few days with Freddie Freeman being outside of Truest Park there at the Battery, him being pictured in an LA uniform coming and starting first base in Atlanta Braves Stadium again. It's clear that Braves fans we all still love the guy. So they're all gonna get their chance to go see him again, and albeit in a meaningless All Star game, but they're gonna they're gonna see him play again and a lot of people will be really excited about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's it's kind of a polarizing topic on Braves Twitter, if you know what I mean, if you've seen it, it is still a polarizing topic. And I mean, it's not all Mattison's folk, but that's kind of what happens when the other guy was here for twelve years when's an MVP multiple All Stars wins the world series kind of grows up in our organization while his replacement comes here and he hasn't won a playoff series.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm sorry. I'm over here going back and forth with Matt Crab, mattra listen, bro, you know, listen, I will gladly give your chance to debate this one of these day. But you're not winning this one. Okay, anything you say I have debunked. Okay, clearly he didn't need medical help. Blah blah blah blah blah. I said, yeah, but my point again. NASCAR said they were waiting to see if he could get the car going. He told them he couldn't get the car going, So like, I've debunked at all. And then he says, oh, was the car going to be a hazard? Yes, that's caution. Flag was waived after they took the white flag. They couldn't continue to let them race around the course. Matt Crown, So yes, the car clearly deserved a caution because they called it thirty five seconds too late. That's the point. Yeah, y'all, don't listen.
Speaker 1: Man, back to the All Star game.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, I am again not happy about it being in Atlanta. It should have been there years ago. They shouldn't have to come back here now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's also kind of unfortunate that of all years, it's when we're having our worst season in eight years, when well, the year we were gonna have it before originally was the year we won the World Series. But even then we were under five hundred at that All Star break. So this point, it is what it is. I'm gonna roof for Ronald in the home run derby.
Speaker 2: And take well, I guess this is the point. Next time we need to cancel the All Star Game in Atlanta and we'll win a World Series.
Speaker 3: Well, it's gonna need a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: We should have known as soon as they didn't cancel it this year, though, we should have known we were toast. You can't listen. I'm a fan. I'm a pessimist fan. I can't get too many nice things. Okay, it's never all of my teams winning all at one time. It's either yeah, it's like two thirds half maybe if I'm lucky, but yeah, we can't be spoiled with our fandom. Candy. You might be blessed like that. You old Milwaukee girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, we've gone through some lean years. I would say, you know, yes, the Packers have won a couple of them, but the Brewers haven't. I mean, they made the World Series, but they lost us, you know, Saint Louis back in the day, back in the eighties, so they haven't. Uh, And yes, the Bucks have won two championships and won lately. I mean, I the one thing that I would say about the NBA, at least at this point, and normally I don't. I'm not a huge NBA person. I don't watch a lot of NBA because we always call it the National Drama League. But they have a new champions for every year for the last seven years, and you can't say that about a lot of the other sports. Sometimes you have these dynasties, you know, in football and stuff like that. But so that I think is interesting. But yeah, the eighty two Brewers got beat by the Cardinals. Yeah that was painful, but it took seven games, so at least, you know, but we're not. So it just depends on the sport. Like you know, like Detroit, the Lions haven't won it, but yet look at you know, the Pistons have they had such a good run, and the Tigers have. So it depends on your where you're from, what your team is, And.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I feel like with Atlanta, like the three main teams here have just been a microcosm of like a little bit of everything. Like you've had the Braves, who have been for the most part, very good since the nineties. They've won two championships and even then, with all the talent they've had come through the organization, you could argue that they could have that they should have maybe four, possibly five or six with how many opportunities they've blown, especially in October. Then you've got the Hawks. It feels like since they've gotten here in sixty eight, they've just haven't been great, haven't been horrible. They've always just been the middle of the road Frances except for maybe three or four seasons. And then you've got the bottom of the barrel, which are the Falcons. Sixty years, only fourteen playoff appearances, no Super Bowls, worst loss in sports history. They've had multiple opportunities to win one, they've blown it. But yeah, but I mean even with the Braves winning two championships and how great twenty twenty one was. I feel like if the Falcons were to get one, it would mean so much for the city and the overall sports landscape here, Like this city would go nuts if the Falcons got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all would probably be climbing up grease light poles and stuff like Philadelphia fans do. That's best guess of how that would go down. Somebody in Atlanta would do something.
Speaker 3: Raid would be absolutely insane if they give them.
Speaker 2: I completely agree Candy P Digits. He reminds you there that was the nineteen eighty two breve Or Brewers. They got beat by the Cardinals. He's a he's a Cardinals fan, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah I figured that when he came back and said, no one cares how many games it took.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, no, I love it. So we're all catching flak. I'm catching flak from Matt Craft, You're catching it from p Digits. We got some mirr. He's catching flak from all of us because, oh man, I wish I could believe in Atlanta's sports anymore.
Speaker 3: It's hard, man, It's hard. It is hard. It is hard.
Speaker 2: But then hey, I'm a Panthers fan. I mean, but I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and people will say, well, how can you do that? Okay, arbiter of sports fandom. This is how it happens. You're a little kid from Lake Greenwood, you like baseball. The only thing that comes on is Atlanta Braves Baseball on TBS back when I was growing up, So you watch Braves baseball on TBS, you were a Braves fan. And then I only knew the Panthers. I mean I wasn't around for the Delle junior days when the Redskins were the only team shown here in the South. Nineteen ninety five, I think was the Panthers first season, maybe ninety six. And I remember my first ever bet, y'all. I was in the third grade. It was the Carolina Panthers bet. We bet Panthers versus Packers Packers. His team, Panthers, My team. I lost. The Packers beat us. But that was my first ever bet.
Speaker 3: True story, yeah, I mean mine was kind of I mean, my my thing was kind of different. Like it was like, I mean, obviously I'm from Atlanta, so it was like two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine. It was like the beginning of like the Matt Ryan era. And Mike Smith, Thomas de Mittroll, Roddy White and Michael Turner and all those guys, and it was like that was like the beginning of when we had five straight winning seasons, went to an NFC Championship in twenty twelve, the Georgia Dome would be rocking on Sundays like those are just some fun times, like and if we can get like and this is like obviously like that's been the home team, but it's really been those times where it's like like that was like eight nine ten year old me kind of made like it was like like those times made eight nineteen year old me along the fact that it was the home team here like choose that seam. And it was like like like, you know, we're having all these winning seasons, We're going to the playoffs, like like this is gonna be a thing every year.
Speaker 2: Well, don't work like that, right, No? Yeah, I think it was p digits over here. He said it perfectly. Let's see if I can find it again. Hum, what was it? Oh? Yeah, here you go, only two World Series and thirty five years. But he fails to mention the I don't know, thirty division titles that we won in those thirty five years.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, five first round exits exactly.
Speaker 2: Like, and people got mad at me before, Samir because I've said the Braves are the cowboys of the MLB.
Speaker 3: I would say either the cowboys. Another good comparison for them would be the Green Bay Packers. Like what I mean by that is they do, for the most part, a good job of developing their in house talent. And for all the talent that they've had, two championships is good, but they should have more.
Speaker 2: M H. That's whole that's my whole point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like and then, and then I keep bringing up the first round exit argument on twitters, like, oh, well, the playoffs are are a crap shoot, It's just random. Like, No, a trend over twenty five thirty years is not random. Did you know that since two thousand the Braves have been to the playoffs in seventeen of those years, sixteen seventeen of those years, In all but two or three of those years they've gone one and done. That is not random. That is a trend. That is an organizational trend. H. I'm sorry, No, it's not randomness. It's not a crap shoot. That is a trend right.
Speaker 2: Well, even there they went, you know, number one seed, and I don't think being the number one seed in the MLB playoffs is a good thing at all. Taking that bybe week, get out of rhythm. And then like literally it's always the wildcard team who's playing hot baseball. M h. It's always something like that, very rarely, unlike the Dodgers obviously last year, I mean the.
Speaker 3: Number one seed as well. And then the Astros the year they won it in twenty two, the first year of the expanded postseason, they won it. So that's always been my argument.
Speaker 2: And well, even think about though the Dodgers, they are on the on an equal run as the Braves as far as I'm concerned. They went a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of opportunities before last year, I will say.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, and they just finally won one. Recently, we got Candy. We over Candy. Wake up.
Speaker 1: But here, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 2: You listen. I know you got a flight in the morning, y'all.
Speaker 1: I do, I do.
Speaker 2: Candy is going to a wedding. Oh wow, yeah, they've already been going. Let's see, what are they even talking?
Speaker 1: Six am plight crazy? But yeah, it's a it's a quick, quick, just weekend. U one of Scott's nephews is getting married, so where and we haven't been in Detroit for I think it's been year and a half, two years, so it's time to quick see some family. But it's a quick in and a quick out.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, that's exactly what we're doing on this show this evening, Candy. So I'll tell you what I am good to end. Well, let's do to yep, my toes whatever. Yeah, we can wrap it up. I know you need to get dressed, yep, coming back vacation all that. So I always got to plan yourself one day from like, come back from vacation and give yourself a day Yeah some here that seems like smart advice, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Oh I have to remember that next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll help you out.
Speaker 1: I got you my town. It's the segment that I started, and a lot of people are rolling with it because I've seen it even on differ broadcast. But Samir, obviously the All Star Game, but what else is happening in your town?
Speaker 3: So we've got the All Star Game. The Braves are still a joke, lost five or six, the truest part to the Angels and the Orioles, including getting shut out twice during that span nine to six, lost in extra innings to Baltimore game they probably should have won one where they left the had loaded bases with no outs, only got one run across and that was on a ground out by Jerkson Profar. Then the other night they lost, they got beat bad by the Athletics. It was I believe ten to one until home run by Jerkson Profar ultimately saved them from being shut out. Didyer Fuentes twenty year old picture was they called him up and probably did him a disservice by letting him stay up and pitch after his second start in New York his estimated time arrival was twenty twenty seven eight. They call him up, and after that second start they should have went and sent him back down to Gwinnette, and that could possibly hurt his development. I hope he doesn't. He's got the tangibles, he's got this stuff. He just needs more time to develop. But again that just shows just another like head scratching move by this front office, where that's just been the norm the past couple of years. It's a joke. Then the trade deadline's coming up, teams are inquiring about, mainly Sean Murphy and Marcello Zuna, who's gotten expiring contract. I know Double A said that, and the rumor is that they're not going to move anyone who has a contract past twenty five. So it seems like if they're gonna to move anyone, it'll be Ozuna or possibly right Sale Iglesias. But who knows. That could change given how the team plays. They still look horrible. The Hawks. I wasn't able to come on last week, but they had one of the better offseasons in the seasons in the NBA. They definitely got better. Nikaile Alexander Walker a guy who can come off the bench, can defend well. You look at the contending teams and while we do have a Dison Daniels, or had eight Dison Daniels, they've got multiple dices. In what I mean by that, I mean by guys who can play a role and play it really well, a lot of depth. Nikaile Alexander provides that Luke Canard forty three percent from downtown. I feel like you can come off the bench and shoot for us, and then Falcons on their side. It's been quiet. I know Kirk Cousins was recently in the second season of Quarterback and really we didn't learn anything new from the end of the season. So when it was revealed on his appearance during Good Morning Football that he was playing hurt to now and my stands hasn't changed on that. Yeah, he should have been more upfront about his injury, but the blame ultimately lies with Raheem Morris and the rest of the coaching staff for allowing him to not only not be upfront about his injury, but to leave him out there. He should have been pulled that halftime with the Chargers game. And that's it for my town.
Speaker 1: JD, what is happening in your town?
Speaker 2: Well, verst just quickly here, let me respond to yours, because yeah, the Kirk Cousin thing, that was one thing that we were going to bring up on the show. So we'll well, we'll put it in our back pocket. But what I was gonna quickly ask you though he came out and said he felt misled by the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and I tweeted this.
Speaker 2: And then he though turned around and misled the Falcons, right, So I mean to me that balance is out fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, from a fan perspective, I felt misled watching you play like Desmond Ridder for an entire month while we're paying you one hundred million guaranteed.
Speaker 2: But on another out there, yeah, yeah, and he said he would even go. He said, if I would have known they were gonna draft Pennies, I would have just resigned with Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll sit on a bench and count you're one hundred million, Kirk. But on the other hand, like you're doing just fine, dude. But on the other hand, I just feel like, look, they made a business decision. That's the way the NFL, and it seems like Kirk must have forgot how we got his job in Washington in the first place. They had spent a top pick on RG three, and then they turned around and drafted you in the fourth round. Then you ultimately ended up getting that starting job a couple of years down the road. So I guess it's a full circle moment, if you want to put it that way. But again, yeah, and this has kind of been a polarizing topic on Falcons social media outlets, more specifically Falcons Twitter. You've got some blaming Kirk, You've got some blaming the coaching staff. I think both are at fault. Like I mentioned earlier, Yeah, put that guy's agent in the Hall of Fame. Generational bag getter.
Speaker 2: There is no better job than being a backup quarterback in the NFL. Period, uh period, Uh, whatever it is. The millennials say, yeah, being a backup quarterback is a beautiful situation. Right, and Samir, you nailed it. Candy, you've nailed it. My town, So my town is not Sameir's town, not the Atlanta town. No, I'm gonna talk about the Carolina Panthers, and I don't think they can win the NFC South this year.
Speaker 3: I still think they're another year away. They've got the pieces, but I still think they're another year away.
Speaker 2: I honestly, based on the way Atlanta drafted and Tampa Bay, it'll be between y'all two. The Saints. No, they're talking about not starting Spencer Rattler, which would be the dumb decision ever. He already started games last year. Yeah, Tyler Shuck might be older, but he was playing in college. That's not the NFL. So Spencer Rattler should be the starter for the Saints, period, uh period.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if a guy you drafted high in the second round this year. Can't beat twenty six year old, can't beat out Spencer Rattler, Then I think it says, and I think it makes that piclic a lot worse than it already does.
Speaker 2: Right, Spencer Ratler to me was a still in the fifth round. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I was just never high on him.
Speaker 2: I watched him play every Saturday. You know that. I mean that I saw Throsy made it. If you put him with Patrick Mahomes's weapons, saying he could be Patrick Mahomes. I will never say that, but he could be a very above average quarterback in the NFL. He didn't have nobody to throw to last year when he played in New Orleans. He I mean, they were all injured.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is that you done, Jeddy or yeah, yeah, let's get out.
Speaker 1: We're so for my town. I'm gonna say kudos to my Milwaukee Brewers because they have a payroll of around one hundred thousand, hundred and two thousand and they just swept the LA Dodgers that have a payroll of over three hundred thousand, So kudos to them. Kudos to Oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna pack his last name Mizerulowski. He's a rookie pitcher that is doing phenomenal right now. I mean, uh so, kudos to him. I hope he can up. And he's such got such a grounded personality too, from what I've read and seen. As far as the Milwaukee Bucks, they've made some questionable calls this off season, so we'll really see how that pays out. You know, letting eating Damian Lillard's con contract twenty two million dollars a year for the next couple of years is kind of a little bit risky, I think, but I also understand, like next week, they understand Giannis only has a window and it's a window of only how many years, So they're in a win now mode, so they they have to figure out how to win now, and since Damien's not going to be playing next year at all, they had to do something. So while there's a lot of fans out there that were upset that they let him go, they also need to plan right now and get what they can right now. So I kind of understand it, whether you like it or not. It also allows him to go rehab at home and be with his kids, and we know that he's a big family man. So and then as far as the Packers, well kudos. I'm gonna say congratulations to Jordan Love because he actually got married this offseason, So congratulations and we wish you the best of luck in your marriage and of course on the field, on and off the field. But with that said, I'm gonna do my normal plug for the South Florida Tribune. My husband read a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by Scott the Motorist, City mad Mouth Morgan Roth that talks about his forty plus years in the media business and now it has evolved and changed. Go get your copy today. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindel, Google and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www. Do's South to Tribune dot com where there is a plethora of great other content, so go check it out. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to advertise, you can always call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. If you have topic ideas or show ideas, or do you want to be a guest, email us at self Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. If you see the red subscribe button in that lower right hand corner that means you have not yet subscribed to one of our channels, please do so, and subscribe to all the channels for all the different guests that we have that come on and host or co hosts, because they're all giving up their time, so please subscribe to their channels too, and then turn on those notifications so you know when we're going live. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talked football, Wednesday nights on Sports Exchange, you never know what we're going to be talking about, and the same here on Fire Up. Preceding this show tonight was Sports Rap where they talk hockey, and last night on Motors the MotorCity Mad Mo Show, Scott did does one on one interviews with different people, and last night he had former manager Mickey Callaway on who is going to become a regular. He's actually gonna become a regular on our baseball show on Monday nights. So okay, yep, so definitely go check out that interview on our YouTube channel. But JD how can people get a hold of you?
Speaker 2: You can find me here on the South Florida Tribune on their website as well. You can find me Greenville Sportsmedia dot com. You can find me JD. Wyatt zero six on x or Twitter, but just don't call it twits. Golly, there's a radio person that calls it twits. Drives me bonkers. It's either Twitter or text, do not combine the two. And you can find me also as Southern Pride Sports JD on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Samir. How can people find you?
Speaker 3: Uh? You can find me on Twitter. My official handle is atl Underscore Samir twenty four oh one. And then I've got a separate Instagram account which I'm gonna be posting a lot of Sideline content. It's at Samir dot Sideline Net. I just started posting on there not too long ago, and I'm gonna get some more content on there.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Awesome. With that being said, JD, you're gonna take us out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would love to take us out. So for Candy of the South Florida Tribune for Samir Sideline Sports Network contributor. Also we've got me j D of Greenville Sports Media. Y'all be blessed. Not stressed, Just be kind to one another, dang it, and we'll see y'all again soon.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, enjoy the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Have a same TI