Speaker 1: Here's Steen Commanders Who Go Podcast Episode four fifty two on brand Ome. Here's Ryan. We're gonna talk about the Fantastic Mister Fox Club now our theme sort. Hey Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing good?
Speaker 2: What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down. We got a new It's easy from the Commander Decks. I'm sure he's from product. It's the Fantastic Mister Fox is a really cool card and a really neat deck to talk about today that relies on a alternate win condition. We've got some stories to tell, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank or official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs and Pile of Bones Brewing Co. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina and the official beer sponsor of c CEO Sidewalk SLAMB Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I was ready for another yell. I bet your producer Gary was too hey big. Thanks to all those guys that Brando mentioned. We don't have our stunt beers on the table. I just noticed that. But you know what, here's the thing Pile of Bones. Big thanks. We're gonna be going to the Pile of Bones tap room after Face to Face Games tour stop Regina September fourteenth. We've got a little bit of the tap room booked. Oh here they come, there we go. You'd see you'd see that if you're watching on YouTube, which shouldn't be. Yeah, for sure, and it's gonna be a ton of fun. The CEO Dude Bro's coming down. Fusion Gaming of course part of the Canadian tour. Will see them when we go to Commanifest Toronto for myself in mid September and mid November Championship weekend Calgary Fusion Face to Face of course partners with Commander Cookout. Big thanks to all those CEO Summer promo code. I just barked my knuckle on the table.
Speaker 1: That hurt. I heard it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Summer promo code gonna get gonna get you a discount on all the things you're gonna buy anyways.
Speaker 1: Which means you can just get the stuff you want it and just pay less for it. That's just good business.
Speaker 2: That's it. That is it. And Gary brought us producer. Gary brought us the beers too, so big thanks to him and the dufferin Avenue Media Network studio space. It's it.
Speaker 1: And recording facilities, it's it. Some production assistants yup, and and what is this grip stuff in the movie? Is that what a grip does? A grip brings the stunt beer.
Speaker 2: A grip brings you a stunt beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And of course we you know what, We've got the big sidewalk on the table too, because we are recording Sidewalk Slam Game five with our good friend Thomas, the competitor on the lost recording from a few months ago. Now that we're set up in the studio, we've got the ceiling camera, it's all ready to go. We're probably gonna set up the fourth member of the game this weekend. Thomas confirmed that he's not working night shifting, so we can go. And all of that's, of course brought to you by the Damn Media Studio, which is doing their one hundredth episode on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check that out. It's gonna be a really good time. You get to see the whole crew come out and we're gonna have some fun. We got some neat ideas then what we're gonna do, and so you should all check it out.
Speaker 2: For sure, and duffernav dot com or links to that. Portion of the work that Brando and I do with the damn studio is always in the show notes like wherever you get the show, whether it's the audio only on Apple or Spotify or whatever, or if you watch on YouTube. So big thanks to Gary and everybody. Big thanks to Fusion, Big thanks to the Patreon supporters because we have a new one. Well, yes, the support is always welcome and we do appreciate it. You get your CCO nickname, you get into the discord where we plan all our events.
Speaker 1: It's an actual benefit.
Speaker 2: That is an actual benefit because people people get kind of first DIBs on getting into houses for like upcoming events and stuff like Calgary. Yeah, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 1: To get a frickin' how good.
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna stay with our husband my cousin that was redneck.
Speaker 1: So we're not gonna stay with your cousin anymore, most likely not. Okay, listen, I'm gonna need all y'all to stay home.
Speaker 2: Okay, probably not gonna stay with my cousin. Probably gonna stay instead of with my lady cousin that Brando likes, we're gonna stay in a house with like thirteen sweaty magic.
Speaker 1: Nerds, probably equally as fun, yes.
Speaker 2: But for different reasons. I'm just gonna yeah. So anyways, I'm not implying that you're gonna drink too much Malibu rum and be freaking so hungover that you're the equivalent of a pile of goo.
Speaker 1: The next day, it was Baja rosis sir. Oh, yeah, that's right, and I drank it. I drank a two six of Baja Rosa while I watch these guys play darts. Man. I was hurting that next day.
Speaker 2: I was not good, man, that was not good.
Speaker 1: Oh my eyes were all like spiky in the morning. It was wow.
Speaker 2: We do have a rule in the nation, though, if you're hungover, you still got to show up. Yeah, whatever show up means, right, If that means like show up and play magic with your with your friends all day, like, you still have to do that. And if that means you gotta go and seat pods and give out prizes and and work the Commander cookout booth, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you you can do that after that happens, because I did it.
Speaker 2: Living Proof, living Proof Folks brandology.
Speaker 1: It's a science fact.
Speaker 2: That's it. We've got a Patreon nickname that we've got to give out. And every once in a while, like I say, they just kind of right themselves. But this one is one of those kinds that's like.
Speaker 1: Too easy, okay, or an easy mode. It's not's fun, it's.
Speaker 2: Good, I suppose. Yeah, so we just got to be a little bit creative on the fly. Okay, big thank you and shout out and f you of course to Chris Jenks. He's in the right place.
Speaker 1: He certainly picked the right podcast to be a to be a supporter of Chris Jenks. Jenks, Well, if he was a jail guy, we call him Chris Shanks, or if he's really bad at Gulfight.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is the mister Foxglove episode. This is Chris Yanks. Might be a soft ja anyways, what is that?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be.
Speaker 2: The glove fox glove? Glove giving yourself a dirty like a Chris Jenks giving yourself a fox glove? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be dirty old lube glove.
Speaker 2: There it is. It's like the strange glove, the love and Glove. It's like giving yourself a stranger, except if your name is Chris Strange. Chris Strange, Chris Yanks.
Speaker 1: How did we end up here?
Speaker 2: I don't know what, but we are here. Welcome to the nation, everybody.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, you were trying to say, or we're sorry, depending on how you feel about that.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, okay, one final thank you, one final thing goes out to good friend Chris dim Wit meat Gazer for sending in the deck this week. Oh yeah, mister Fox clubs where we're thinking that guy?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, he sent the deck. Yes, and this is a cool day. I do like this one. I'm not gonna lie. He he stepped up to the plate and took a grand old swing at does group Hug exist? And the answer is still know and we're gonna prove it today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would like to extra approve it today because this isn't the deck list that I thought it was. Sure, Group Hug alternate wing cons blah blah blah. But mister fox Glove, lets you freaking cheat, oh big time. And this is a different Chris, Chris meat Gazer not cheating as hard as he ought to be cheating. We could cheat way more than Okay, I'm gonna read mister glove himself here is okay three five Fox rogue for blue white, green two lifelink. Sure, sure, that's who cares. When mister Fox attacks, draw cards equal to the number of cards in defended player's hand minus the number of cards in your hand. If you didn't draw cards this way, you can put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Speaker 1: So if they have seven and you have none, you draw seven. But if you have seven and they draw none, you put an ulla mag into play.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you draw cards equal to the difference, and if I already have more, I get something for free.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: This screams bant sneak attack to me. Yes, and you lean on group hugs saying I'm giving you guys all creatures. Just kidding ulamog. Yes, right, and the only the only thing that I don't like about this ula lollmog loll lall loll la lall take ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing I don't like about this is it's an attack trigger, so I can't then attack with Ulamog, and I can't really effectively do multiple combat steps outside of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean blue has no way of attacking twice before you pass the turn.
Speaker 2: Well, I could pass the turn to myself and give virtual haste. This might be my next like extra turn deck, Like, that's what I would do. I want a freaking cheat by playing stacks effects, extra turn effects and free ulla mugs and blight steels. Yes, I am a piece of crap.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not what we're doing today. No, that's that's not what we're doing today.
Speaker 2: No, because you did the call out and said, hey, does group hug exist? Is it just a guys for me to draw tons of cards because I'm giving you cards away? Like the trade off of me giving you lots of cards and land drops and group hug? Is I get to do it too? Yeah? Right? And then if my thing is just more degenerate than your thing is, because you know, we're gonna have a conversation and be civil human adult magic players and expect that you're not doing something totally fricking oken, I'm gonna do something that's better than you because I'm playing shitty old group hug, Right? Is that how it goes?
Speaker 1: For the record, we play we were talking about on the pre show yesterday. We played a game of pre or like pre cons versus the other pre cons and the Group Hug the bunny lady who we do plan this deck?
Speaker 2: Yep did win? Oh yeah, yeah, you know what I I find in a lot of scenarios, the group Hug deck will come in second.
Speaker 1: Here's the here's the flow of events event.
Speaker 2: This is this is breaking down Group Hug brandology. One on one.
Speaker 1: I was so gone down, far behind it didn't even make sense. So I was the beneficiary of every Group Hug thing that happened in the game, and it didn't help. It was like Brando can draw three extra cards this turn. I'm like I would, and then I just play a land and say go because I just drew Land and manna production for the whole time, Alex and who else we plan with doesn't matter. Alex and this guy just were beaten on each other with squirrels and birds, ben just going hard at each other, and the momo who was playing Group Hug just kind of saty, gave some cards, had some flying blocks that were big enough that nobody wanted to attack in and trade with her right, given me some stuff, and then eventually somebody tried to al for her to get her out of the way, and she played that new Teffts protection that gives you birds. Yes, we played that in his stuff too, and gifted your boy Yep, that's me an extra turn. So she saved herself, phased out of the game so she couldn't die, granted your boy Brando an extra turn. Unbeknownst to her, it was going to be the turn that I was going to do something. And the thing that I was going to do was kill everybody. So instead of killing everybody, I killed Alex and Ben and then Momo got me.
Speaker 2: M which is fine for her because she still won. That's pretty good. Yep. I find what you say accurate.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I would also offer this if you are the beneficiary and you are in last place. As usually, somebody is obviously in last place in a game right at some point of the game, there is definitely a last place person. Well, if I'm the group Hug player and giving everybody everything and somebody's in last place and not a threat, I'm not giving three opponents things. Really, I'm giving two opponents things because there's only two I care about. Ye And if like group Hug decks are wont to do they can pick and choose a little bit, or they can say things like I'm the one giving you all the cards, don't attack me. The other two players that I actually care about aren't going to come after me because I'm giving them benefits. So they're going to go after each other because player four is still the shitty player that's so far behind. Exactly right, So it isn't a two on It isn't a one on three, nor is it a one on two. Group hug. A little bit goes unmolested because they have the political favor So it's like a three three on you guys, and I'm just gonna be over here because and this is compounded by the fact that most group hug decks are also going to be a little bit pillow fourty. Yes, they might not be pillow four decks or stacks decks or lockout decks or whatever that you want to classify them in any of those categories, but they are going to take precaution to not to not be on the other end of everything they give. You.
Speaker 1: Haven't exactly think I'll give you ten cards, well I'll play ten cards and waste you and then.
Speaker 2: Well, no, actually you got to play like five with every creature that attacks me, and those all come into play tapped and I'm gonna gain three life every time those come into play. Yeah, so like sure, I'll take thirty from last turns creatures, but I just gained fourteen and you gotta pay, so you're gonna be tapped out. Or I'm just gonna run every test protection variant and we're gonna see all of those kinds of things in this deck. Yes we are, and then we'll highlight the alt wind conditions because we're not actually cheating the ulamagus and things of that ilk into play with extra turn virtual haste.
Speaker 1: We could certainly cheat things into play with the things we're gonna cheat in or we'll get that. Okay, get there. We're gonna get this as.
Speaker 2: We usually do. We're gonna blow through the Mana section because you're gonna know a lot of it, right.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of what you expect. We have a wilderness reclamation, a thought vessel, a soul ring, a regal behem at the rampant growth, a Mirori's wake, Kudama's reach, a far seak drive the Listian groves, a decanter of endless water, a cultivating arcane signa.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go. Okay, So Wilderness Wreck is gonna untap your lands at the beginning of your end step yep. Regal Behemoth is a mana doubler for as long as you're the monarch, and it makes you the monarch when it comes to play. Etb's in Monarchs. Yep, we've got Murari's Wake is another mana doubler and creature Biggerer yep, and decanter of end water. Like thought Vessel is a man of rock that also gives you no max hand size, but also colored manna.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a card that I see get played more and more actually, because like I mean, people like drawing cards. Keeping those cards in your hand good. And it's a three drop Mann of rock, so it's probably gonna give you manna of any color.
Speaker 1: Like it does. It's probably fine. Yeah, Okay, so hang down bit. Sure we're gonna do the removal section too. Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is standard stuff.
Speaker 1: And there's one card in here that I figure we can't just read and have everybody know what it does.
Speaker 2: There's eight kind of targeted removal things in here. Is that higher lower or right about where you think it should be, considering this is a group hug deck.
Speaker 1: That's where I usually sit when I build decks.
Speaker 2: Six to ten is usually what I try and.
Speaker 1: Shoot for, and lots of them. I think all of them.
Speaker 2: That's not true. Some decks I have zero removal in.
Speaker 1: I feel like all but counter Spell. We're playing. Counter Spell gives you something, wear Down gives you a card, sorts of Plower Shows gives you life generous gift, and beast Within give you dudes. Crib Swap gives you a dude, Arcane Denial draws you a card, and then long River's Pull has a frog on.
Speaker 2: It gives you stuff. When I remove your stuff like we're we're.
Speaker 1: Like, we're killing your thing, but we're giving you something. All of our except for counterspell, like is still kind of that. It's on theme brand. It's fine. Why aren't we playing Path Exile?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I like Path to Exile better than counterspell, but counterspell is a little bit more versatile, right, Yeah, yeah, I'm sure that there's multiple other counterspells that give mutual benefit to everybody, or or I don't know, are thematic or you cut it and put ulla huggin. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like path better than generous Gift. I'm cutting generous gift from everything, and that's too bad. It's not like elephants. Oh yeah, I'm just I'm done with that card.
Speaker 2: How come? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just there's every set gets a white do something, remove a creature from the game. Yeah, and a lot of the new stuff that's coming out that's given that is less bad for me than an elephant. I'd rather you have a map token than an elephant.
Speaker 2: M right. Does it have anything to do with it being a three three with a three to three elephant because three three is like not big, but it's not. It's not negligible either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And I mean generous gift kills virtually anything, but it kills anything. But I don't know. You the three three as opposed to and usually you're killing a dude with it, and there's lots of other ways to kill other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always forget that. It's a destroy target permanent. Yeah, that's that's still good. We haven't killed a land with it in a long time, Uncle Brando, everybody, Yeah, well, okay, now with mister Foxglove, fox Glove is a flower, don't I don't get like poisonous flower? Or it has medicinal properties? Like which side of that equation are we really taking advantage of here? Like? What is it? Like, here's some foxglove, Make sure you rub it on your wound instead of eating it. Like this is group hug or is it?
Speaker 1: Do rub it on your brew it into tea?
Speaker 2: What did we call it in the pre show? Group hug and group tug?
Speaker 1: Group tug?
Speaker 2: Yes, this group hug or group tug? Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: No slugger tug because tug we're all going in the same direction. Oh yes, yeah, yes, that makes perfect foot sections. Well there's more removal. Oh sure, there's two of them. There's Starfall in vacation. That one, if you give it's a wrath, but if you gift somebody a card, you can bring one of your dudes back that got killed by it. And Austair Command is the other one that kills all the things.
Speaker 2: You have two versions of all the things you pick all the things. Yeah, we could effect could we could play farewell as well if we wanted we could. We could, but we don't. Okay, there's like I've seen.
Speaker 1: Lots of people that are actually kind of down on Farewell. I'm curious if you want to put in the comments, how do you feel when do you play Farewell on purpose? Because it exiles everything and people get all salty. You remove my whole everything forever. It's like, yeah, that's the that's why I did it. I don't know cost six.
Speaker 2: I got the perfect solution for Farewell. Play worse cards. Then you won't care if they get removed or they just freaking won't Oh waiting for you to play a good card for me to exile it. Oh yeah, yeah, first time.
Speaker 1: The first time over here. Hey, welcome to command or cookout.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, recursion this is the important part of every deck. And if we don't have any of our nomax hand size stuff, we'll probably be discarding cards. So we've got a peerless recycling. Another gift a card thing where we're giving you a card draw so we can do our thing, maybe at a discount, or in this case, return target permanent card from your gravy to your hand if the gift was promised, return two target things instant speed two mana. That's really that's really good. Probably probably the thing I would use this card on, or the things I use this card on are better than the random card that you're getting. Yes, probably, especially if I'm frickin' cheating and I'm getting back a TimewARP and an ula mog.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Granted we aren't doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not gonna do that today, but we could.
Speaker 2: I'm going back to that because I said that this is my favorite art in the set, Mister Fox Club, and I would like to build this deck based on that. And if I get a big one, that's my goal this year, get a big mister Fox love, a giant one. If I get one, I would totally just slap that sucker down on sidewalk, slam, tap them sideways and gain three life and put a Ulamog into play Turn it sideways and it's my playmat now.
Speaker 1: Chris Canon, tap it now? Oh yeah, maybe tap it on man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, untap my mixed Mister Fox Club. But I'll tap all my permanence as a result. Yep, okay. Recursion number two, Invasion of chandl Arc. It's a siege. You get something back. We've got healing technique, it's got demonstrate which.
Speaker 1: Gives somebody else can do it and you get to do it twice.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you get to do it. I get to do it, and I get to copy it, which is return a card from your grave to your hand, gain life equal to it, and then we've got Elixir of Immortality to tap. Gain five life, shuffle it into your graveyard, shuffle your graveyard into your library. Yes, uh sure, I guess if we're gonna like draw all the cards, right, yeah, I guess, or if we just want to have the opportunity to redraw cards that we've already used. Alixure of Immortality screams frickin' combo to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been actually thinking about running this in my necro bloom deck because it kind of saves.
Speaker 2: You from a b juke. I suppose it does.
Speaker 1: You can use it to save yourself from a juke, a bog or some graveyard or move or whatever, so you can protect your combo pieces. Same kind of gimmick here, I would imagine. Plus, if you're not drawing anything, or we are playing a forced fruition in this deck, which ye can get out of hand if you're not. If you're just unlucky, right, variance is the enemy of us all in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you play all bad cards and you'll never be disappointed. I figured I figured the freaking formula out, guys, I know how to do this. Every card bad, always play, mistake, always happy. It's like going to a car show. No shiny paint, no stress. That's why I didn't paint my truck.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not wrong.
Speaker 2: You stressed about your truck's paint. Hell no, I'm telling you, man.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is funny. When I went to DH and M last night, I parked in the in this part in the lot, and this person pulls in like so close to me, so close to me, and I'm looking over. I'm like, dude, what are you doing? Like why would you park so close to me? When I'm clearly in my truck? And he gets out and of course you're as his door hits my door and he looks over and he sees here. Oh no, oh man, I'm so sorry. And I was like, dude, look at my truck. Do you think I really care? And he laughed and it was fine, right.
Speaker 2: Did you as to move your freaking car?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, he was already out. The door was closed. Ah yeah, right, like whatever, that's fine. And he didn't like my trucks from nineteen ninety five. This is from like twenty twenty. Who's gonna win? I probably scraped his paint, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, Group Hug group. We've got some honey type cards, We've got some protection type agreement style cards.
Speaker 1: And that's the pillow Fort Ryan talked about earlier. And then we've got the kind of let's do some business where we're gonna let's make some deals, yeah, which I mean, and lots of those are just the let's.
Speaker 2: Go straight up benefits. This is this is your standard Group Hug package. So we're gonna go through uh sort of quick okay, so well of ideas. At the beginning of each other player's draw, StEB additional card. At the beginning of your draw, stab two additional cards.
Speaker 1: It's a six man font of mythos that draws you cards when it comes into play.
Speaker 2: Cost six yeah, temple bell tap it. Everybody draws a card, writes a flourishing draw to play to land missus bumbleflower. Have you seen the showcase like raised foils editions of these, they're like four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Those are so much money.
Speaker 2: Yes, hi yi, but.
Speaker 1: No, I have not seen one physically with my eyeballs.
Speaker 2: I like your power toughness one five vigilant, one five for banton one rabbit citizens. He's just a riding the busy crab visor. Oh man, I wish yeah, okay. When you cast a spell, target opponent draws a card, put a plus one counter on target creature. It gains flying ut on the turn. This is the second time disability is a resolved draw two cards. So when we do something, your guy gets bigger, but I draw cards. Yep, that's good, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Well we draw cards yea, and their dudes get bigger. Yes, and then they also draw cards. They got it, Yeah, they got it. Call me of the butt crack.
Speaker 2: Each player draws an additional It's like howling mine. We're playing howling mine. We're playing Jay spellerin that pluses two to draw everybody a card, yes, folio of fancies. Each player draws x and then it uh it also win falls right, yes, and each player has no maxim hands eyes yes, all right, oh yeah, I am right, yeh yeah, so you can xx. Everybody draws x cards, pay three. Each opponent puts a number of cards equal to the number of their cards from the top, and I don't know windfall or mill cards equal to your hands.
Speaker 1: Something dick taste of crew fix.
Speaker 2: Everybody's draws two yes. So that's a pretty standard group hug package. In this case, we're really leaning into everybody gets to draw extra yes. Sometimes group hugs give you lands and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I used to play lots of these things in my my clone deck because it would give people more gas so that I could then clone them and utilize their stuff against them. Not what we're doing here.
Speaker 2: No, we've got additional cards in our business Agreement section.
Speaker 1: This would be a really good clone deck.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You think this would be.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, Well, we've got a bunch of creatures in this section. Title bear Akuda is the first one. Any player may cast spells as though they had flash. That's a little bit kooky.
Speaker 1: That's a little match.
Speaker 2: I think whenever your opponent casts a spell on not their turn.
Speaker 1: Your opponents can't cast spells on our turns.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I thought this is the card draw one.
Speaker 1: No, I think there's a what's the green enchantment that does this City of Solitude?
Speaker 2: Yes, just play that, But this is a creature that I can play for free on Mister Foxglove.
Speaker 1: Yes, City Solitude both, I guess the second Doctor? What the hell?
Speaker 2: Players of no Max Han's Eye. At the beginning of your end step, each player may draw a card. Each opponent who does can't attack your permanent you control, so you can draw extra, but then you can't attack me next.
Speaker 1: Turn, and then it kind of tells you what they're gonna do. It's like, well, I'm going to kill you now, so I'm just not gonna that card. I don't need it die.
Speaker 2: Well that's a benefit though, like if I thought prepared. Yeah, yeah, like we already went through all the protection and we haven't even seen all the protection agreements yet. Yeah, we've got a tempting contract one of the most expensive cards in the deck.
Speaker 1: Let me just cut this card from the library right now. Okay, let's just cut it. Just play ninety nine. Never play this card ever?
Speaker 2: Ever? Why not? Let's see what it does. Four drop Artifact. At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent may create a treasure token. For each opponent who does, I create a treasure token, so I'm giving away mana Yeah you don't like this card? No, how come not?
Speaker 1: Because nobody does it. Oh, hey, you guys want to make some treasures, Well you're gonna get treasures. Yeah. Well then no, what this card says on it is pay for discard a card from your hand. You get a useless fucking artifact.
Speaker 2: That's what you get, an artifact in your graveyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get an artifacted play. It doesn't even go to your graveyard.
Speaker 2: Discard this card, but it goes to play after you paid for mana.
Speaker 1: It's like playing a bridge from below. Why would you ever do it? It's a waste of time. There's so many better things we could play, like an ula mog.
Speaker 2: Is it better than temp with discovery, which is basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to play lots of tempt with stuff and discoverer search discovery. You get something for playing.
Speaker 2: It, search your library for a land. Everybody else can do that. For everybody that does, we get another one. What's great is it's non basic. Right you ever get the old strip mine or wasteland with this? Yeah, you get your guys cradle. Okay, I'm going to get a strip mine and then they also get another thing. But guess what they don't have anymore. Guy's cradle or because I strip mind it.
Speaker 1: I've seen this too, where somebody goes to get their herborg and their cabal coffers, and then other people at the table one guy who got strip mined, one guy got wasteland.
Speaker 2: Just gang, just Chris Jenks to just put them in the bin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, discard your best lands because everybody's going to get a strip.
Speaker 2: I'll take it next level. I'll take a next level. Okay, I cast temp with discovery. I have the intention to go and find strip mine. You go and find cabal coffers. I also go and find Wasteland. No, I have them. You don't do that. No, you never take the tempt. No, I never take the tempt of this one.
Speaker 1: I never do the tempt.
Speaker 2: That isn't to say that you shouldn't ever take the tempt.
Speaker 1: This one is a little bit more reasonable, Like it is more reasonable to take this deal than the tempting contract, which you should never take ever, sure for any reason.
Speaker 2: What about temp with bunnies?
Speaker 1: What the that's a real card? Is there an acorn on it?
Speaker 2: There's a bunny?
Speaker 1: This is a real card.
Speaker 2: White two sorcery tempting offer draw card and create a one to one white rabbit creature token. Then each opponent may guess what draw card and create a one one white rabbit creature token for each one who does. I draw another card and put another one one white rabbit creature token.
Speaker 1: Into the bee. Nobody doesn't take that one either.
Speaker 2: I'll pay three to draw card and get a bunny.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but like I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: You might if you want to draw a card.
Speaker 1: No I don't, no, no, no, I draw more cards exactly.
Speaker 2: I think people are gonna take this one before tempt with Discovery, just because they're like, I'll get a bunny, or they'll do the cute thing, or they'll be like, oh, it's not as shitty as temp with Discovery, right, not knowing that, Okay, now it's a pay three draw to get two creatures, like it makes it better? Then then what's the what's the blue and two blue and two draw too?
Speaker 1: Sure that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like a limited kind of checkpoint. If it's better than that or worse than that.
Speaker 1: It's better than that.
Speaker 2: It's better than that if somebody, if one person does it, but it's.
Speaker 1: Worse than that if only you do it, make their cards bad don't take the deal, make.
Speaker 2: Their cards bad. Well, here's an advisor, and this is kind of like the second Doctor. Okay this I play this one orsov advocates, Sure, avocissed advocate. Yeah, one three for three. At the beginning of your each player may put two plus one counters on a creature they control. If they do, they can't attack me on their next turn. A lot of the times people take the counters.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've used this to kill the guy who played it a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: Just never take the counters, and no, you just.
Speaker 1: You take the counters to the creatures big enough to kill them, then you kill them with yes, yes, this is the This is one of those ones that can get dangerous if the game goes pretty long, because you're you're building up your commander to be big, right, making a bigger bigger, bigger, bigger bigger, and you're like, I have a pillow for it, and then hey, Ryan, I'm going to attack you for twenty five in the air one. Yeah, commander damns like, well, but I have all this pillow for it. Shit, It's like, oh, I'll pay for it, Yeah, I'll pay for it.
Speaker 2: One guy die Advocation, So.
Speaker 1: I have seen this one go sideways to hilarious effect, which is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I and and playing this consistently in my advisor deck I've had at work the other way. Now, two sides to every story. YEA, Somewhere in the middle is where that card action, and your opponents in every case with that card get the choice.
Speaker 1: The odds of you getting blown out by it are probably equal to to you never ever being attacked after you play it. Yeah, right, they're in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Noble Heritage is next. This is a background commander creatures you own have. When this creature enters the battlefield, and at the beginning of your upkeep, each player puts two plus one counters on a creature they control. For each opponent who does, we get protection from that player until end of turn.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I kind of like that end of your next turn by the body.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I kind of like that. It's like ores of Advocate number two, right, which is fine because again, somewhere in the middle is where it's gonna land. And if I've got that plus other kind of disincentives to attack me or protections, they're gonna take the plus one and all the way protect me. So I'm like immune and attack each other, especially if I'm like in second, third or fourth place. Like we already went through kind of the dichotomy of group hug, right, Like probably the group hug players not getting attacked anyways. This just gives you like one hundred percent immunity.
Speaker 1: Agreed. Although this I like that better than Worzov advocas one because it costs one less mana two because it's an easy or harder to kill card type. Yeah, and it gives protection from player instead of they can't attack you. Yeah, because like let's say you're playing against Omnath or something with Warsov advocates, I can still just sack my dudes to kill you or whatever. Right. Yeah, So there's a big difference, a big gap between those two cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine's a glow as. Next we all join forces and pay any amount of mana and then we all draw that mini cards. That's a cool one. People usually take that one. I find that people take that one.
Speaker 1: I find that the join forces ones typically work out, especially if you have paid a bunch of MANA into It's like, oh, everybody's gonna draw ten cards, but we get to untap and play them. First there.
Speaker 2: Next up is Kwaine itinerant Meddler tap them. Each player may draw a card. Then each player who drew a card this way gains one life. People always take.
Speaker 1: It, You'll always take youre Dan.
Speaker 2: The shipwright is whenever cure down the ship right, enters the battlefield or attacks. Each player secretly votes for a player. Then yeah, then those votes are revealed. Each player draws a card for each vote they received. Each player who received votes may put a permanent from their hand onto the battlefield. Holy shit, everybody votes for themselves. So they draw a card and then put a permanent onto the battlefield. Yes, that's how that works. Nobody ever freaking votes, No, they do. If one person is clearly head and shoulders above, I'll vote for me, they'll vote for me. No, they always just know.
Speaker 1: You always vote for yourself.
Speaker 2: You never yes, okay, So that's everybody draw card and then collective voyage starting with you play any amount of manna, then get them any lines.
Speaker 1: That's the joint forces for Green yeap. So so we've seen how we can tempt people into taking our deals because we're we're hugging and loving.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, some of those like here, down the shipwright coming to play. When we have some of our win cons where it's like I don't want to draw card, or I don't want you to draw card, you can kind of strategically decide how much.
Speaker 1: I very much need you to draw more than one card because of one that's.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, yeah, mine's a glow set to this many yeah, and oh I want you to draw more than that because you might be decked out and I want to draw more than that, so I get to draw more. Or you don't want me to have this many cards in my hand, so you pay into minds a glow and then I draw more than that. And that's a good thing, yes, though it stops me from doing other strategem correct final category before our win cons, let's pillow forth this shit. Protection agreements. Yeah, we've got a wind borne muse and a bared steward of archive. We've got a ghostly prison, we've got a propaganda All of those stop people from attacking us unless they pay some amount of manna. Yes, got a crawl space. Only two creatures can attack.
Speaker 1: Me each combat like that onepace.
Speaker 2: I don't give a crap about who attacks who else. But if you're going to attack me, only two of them.
Speaker 1: At a time, and it's going to be that big jacked up son of a bitch that the Orizov advocates created.
Speaker 2: Yes that you have to now pay a bunch of manaf which I will, Yes, which is totally fine. Yes, then we've got a Tao geometric tactician who they're say that three times Fast enters a battlefield. You create a zero four wall token with defender and flying. You pay plus one you and target upon each draw card. I'm sure that's why it's in here. Minus two choose left or right until end of turn. Each player can only attack either way like Prama Coon. That's fine, interesting, Sterling Grove. Other enchantments have shroud sack to search for an enchantment, and I think I know which one I'll be searching for. We'll talk about it in a mint. Correct the new tefts protection that gives them an extra turn.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this one last night.
Speaker 2: Perch Protection.
Speaker 1: I don't hate this card. Lots of people like, oh it costs too much or I seeing it in action, I actually appreciate it, except for one aspect, which we'll get to right now. Perch Protection is an instant for white white four instant.
Speaker 2: Hey, yes, well, I guess it has to be here.
Speaker 1: We'll say we'll say what the gift is in a second, because that's the thing that can confuse people, in my opinion, create four two two flying verbs yep, then all your shit phases out in your life total can't change all that kind of good stuff. The gift is an extra turn, and in some cases what's going to happen is player your player one playing this card, Player three is attacking you, and you gift player for the extra turn. So like somebody's turn in, then whoever got the extra turn takes their turn out of turn order, then we get back to the turn and that's kind of messy. Yeah, I don't particure. I don't really like cards that can mess people up like that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's a small, a small uh critique, But that is something that I feel could confuse.
Speaker 2: Newer or Yeah, you have to know how handling extra turns works, right, Like if I if you take an extra turn out of order, does it go back to the player whose turn it should have been after the extra turn was gifted, and then does that player get a turn, or is it the next time they would get a turn they get too instead, right, like, I understand exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: Is this gonna be one of those crazy situations where the guy's going to take his extra turn. It's gonna be so frickin' long that you forget that that was an extra turn and then they pass exactly right.
Speaker 2: So for clarity, if I cast perch protection and gifted okay, so there's you, there's me. There's this beer here. Yeah, this beer here, man and you.
Speaker 1: Those beers are getting crushed.
Speaker 2: So if I cast perch protection and give you the extra turn when and it's this beer, it's their turn. Okay, I'm protected, they attack the other beer can. This is such a Coco example, I know, right right, they say I'm done. Now you get a turn. Correct, you take your turn, you say I'm done. That was your extra turn. It goes back to where the turn cycle would have been when this player ended, beer goes to this one, this beer can. When they say they're done, it goes to you. Correct, and now this is your normal turn in normal turn order. When you're done, it goes back to me and then back to normal. Yeah, unless you're playing plane chasing. Hell yeah, can you imagine extra turn perch protection plane chase, reverse the turn turn order. Somebody isn't playing magic for like an hour. Oh yeah, that's I just give up tailed off the world.
Speaker 1: I just I don't even know where that would go. Where would it even go?
Speaker 2: That's my goal is to do that to you.
Speaker 1: Where did it even where?
Speaker 2: Who would get the you know where you'd put it.
Speaker 1: Put it into the shadow realm.
Speaker 2: You would go to the Coachman licensed beverage room and order yourself a pile of bones beer.
Speaker 1: I absolutely would do that, Yes, and Haley would say, where's all your friends out? They're not my friends. I don't have I don't have any friends anymore, just this beer.
Speaker 2: I thought those guys were my friends.
Speaker 1: Now I only have this beer. Okay, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: We're fantastic.
Speaker 1: So that's the protection sex.
Speaker 2: Pretty, We've got an illusionist gambit, remove all attacking creatures from the game type thing Down's truce, which is gifted card you and permanent you control, gain hext proof and that's uh yeah, that's the protection section.
Speaker 1: That's the protection sex. Yes.
Speaker 2: So again I think those or variants of those, especially like the the propaganda, ghostly prison like those are for sure, Group Hug I think staples absolutely because group Hug and pillow Fort like some people think those are the same thing.
Speaker 1: They you and there's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: Yes they technically those deck styles both I think fall into some mega archetype like aggro control combo. But when you separate those down into like group Hug, Group Hug I think is a little bit of a could be a form of control and Pillowfort definitely a form of control because like you're you're taking control of where combats happening and stuff, as long as it's not a mean right. So yeah, there's a lot of crossover in those Ben diagrams.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this is what we're here for. Let's give them the business.
Speaker 2: How are we gonna Let's give them the fox glove. Were going to put the prepare though the long slippery fox glove.
Speaker 1: Watch gross here we are.
Speaker 2: This is why we might want to draw more or less cards. Approach of the Second Son bam alternate wind con. If Approach of the Second Son was cast from your hand and you've cast an another spell named Approach of the Second Son, this game, you win the game. Otherwise, put approach of the second son into your library seventh from the top.
Speaker 1: You gain seven life. Who cares, well, technically that's what the car does. What does that card do? It gains you seven life. Nobody ever thinks of that. I've seen that cast so many times and even gain the life to just go approach to the seven second son. Play it again, like yeah, nobody even remembers that last line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you, like instant speed, do a bunch of damage. You're like, how much you figure that? Oh, I don't know how many times you cast that? I don't know fourteen more? Yeah, so yeah, we can get it back, we can search for it with Sterling Grove, we can put it into play let it die.
Speaker 1: But it's not an enchantment.
Speaker 2: It's oh it's a sorcery. Yeah, that's right, it's a sorcery.
Speaker 1: You play it, you draw you play it, you attack into somebody with that has a thousand cards in their hand and just draw it again and then play it again.
Speaker 2: Otherwise put it into its owner's library. Seventh from the top, Yes, yes, okay, yeah, it goes back in and then you play it again. You spend fourteen mana on it. You gain fourteen life and you end up winning the game. Yeah, I forget who.
Speaker 1: Cares the fourteen life? That's everybody forgets what that does because you're gonna play it, draw seven cards and play it again and win the game. That's why everybody forgets what it does.
Speaker 2: Yes. The next one is the aforementioned forced fruition, which we cannot take advantage of inn less unless we're playing mister Fox exactly. So it's a six man i enchantment. You cast that, you say go, so technically it's do nothing, but just wait, there's more, there's more words on it. Then just do nothing. Yes, whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player draws seven cards.
Speaker 1: Which sounds great the first time you do it, but once you're into playing two three spells a turn.
Speaker 2: Because you have that many cards in your hand, and you obviously have that many mana, you're playing group hug.
Speaker 1: That you're going hard, and then you just wait a second, Holy shit, cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait a minute, and I have no max hand size right because of that card? Yeah, no problem, okay, pass how many cards in your hand? Uh? Thirty five? Okay, I have two? Take three from mister foxglove. I'm gonna draw thirty three cards approach to the second son, Yeah, I'll gain seven life.
Speaker 1: Oh that's terrible, all right.
Speaker 2: And the last one and my favorite. I've always wanted to play this card and strategically make it happen strategically. I've wanted to make this happen so bad. This is Triskadecophile.
Speaker 1: This is the number thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, they got a big rager for thirteen. Okay, human Wizard one three for two. You have no max hand size, nice, so we can manipulate plus or minus thing. Blah blah blah. And also, at the beginning of your upkeep, if you have exactly thirteen cards in your hand, you win the game, sick. So at the beginning of your upkeep, man, this is even more incentive to take extra with mister fox glove, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh and this isn't the That isn't the last card in the deck. For the record, there's a whole other section we haven't talked about yet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, this card's not done yet. This is blue three draw card. So if again, if we're cheating anyways, we could potentially just make infinite man outlets and frickin get exactly the right number of cards in hand. Let's say, let's say thirteen, and then we cast note let's say twelve, note thirteen and then we cast a time warp. Say go win. Oh no, it's not. It's not because it's during your upkeep. It's not during your main phase. Yeah, so you gotta have thirteen cards in hand past the turn.
Speaker 1: Ah fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the math says. But you can do it with extra turns. And if we're gonna do mister fox gloves and be assholes anyways, might as well. We might as well put on the long rubber glove.
Speaker 1: Might as well do it here. This is the main goal right here. This is why the deck is called mister fox Gloves Happy ending because we're playing happily ever after. Oh what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Oh I love happy endings.
Speaker 1: This is what you might say, yes, sir, enchantment for White three when it enters the battlefield. I think you gained some life, and everybody gained some life and draw some cards, or you gain some life.
Speaker 2: Each player gained five life, drop one card Jesus. At the beginning of your upkeep. If there are five colors among permanentce you control, there are six or more card types among permanentce you control and or cards in your graveyard, and your life total is greater than or equal to your starting life total, you win the game boom five colors among permanents you control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how the hell are we going to do that in a three color deck? I mean, that's that's impossible.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe we should read on Vencer's journal. No, Max hansize, excellent. This is a recurring theme that we're gonna have to take advantage of. Yes, at the beginning of your upkeep, you gain a life for each card in your hand, which is gonna be like lots several, like twenty. Yes, so we've taken care of more life than our starting life total. Probably.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: For the Happily ever After correct Sphinx of the second son.
Speaker 1: Remember we're playing trisc A deca file here.
Speaker 2: Also Yes, at the beginning of your post combat main phase after main phase two, yes, yep, you get an additional beginning phase.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And if I were me, I would say, hey, what's the beginning phase. Well, that's your untap so you can untap again. Yes, you get another upkeep see trisc A deca File or Happily ever After and you get another draw boom. Yeah, so do the math right, so you have thirteen in your hand for this one, right.
Speaker 1: Then you win, or if you have all your stuff in play already, it just gets you there to avoid the have to wait for the round of the table to go right. Yes, that's what this is really.
Speaker 2: Now we're playing, we're playing Approach of the Second son What about Shadow of the Second Side.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know this was a fucking card.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, so Blue Blue four Enchantment Aura enchant player. Sure, I wonder who we're going to enchant at the beginning of enchanted players post combat main phase, there's an additional beginning phase. I'm probably pick me, probably gonna pick me in less and this is a big and less. Oh what if what you decked somebody with forced fruition and they're like, oh no, I'll put one card back on top wall And they're like I'll start my turn, take my turn, do my thing and I don't die, And and you're like, well, Shadow of the Second Sonion, you gotta draw a card after your TEWN. I don't know. That's pretty pretty up to sp crap basket. Crap basket crap basket.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a three to two for four scarecrow. Could you can tap one to make it all colors?
Speaker 2: Oh, pretty good with Happily ever After. I'm gonna have a happy ending with a crap basket. It's a euphemism for anal probably.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you look really hard at the picture, it looks kind of if.
Speaker 2: You squint a little, there is a black hole in there. Yeah, and a little tickler on the side of it. And it comes with it like a stand so you can like it's got a bad leg like I do. You can do it right a fucked up place so you can do it laying down. Okay, let's keep going plain wide celebration. Seven drop sorcery.
Speaker 1: Choose four and you can choose the same one more than once.
Speaker 2: Create a citizen token. That's all colors. It's pretty good with Happily ever after. Return target permanent from your graveyard to your hand. Sure, it's pretty good with triskadecophile or multiple beginning phases. Prolifer eight. I'll proliferate your guy with one ones that can attack me. That's great. Gain four life. We might want a couple of those teams that to help us get happily ever after off, although get off on our happy ending.
Speaker 1: Things in your graveyard do count for happy ending, though, so putting them back in your hand not?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I suppose yeah, okay, Beacon of Immortality double target players life total and then shuffle it into your library. We know why that's there, Yeah, we know why that's there. I like that. And finally, a phylagey wavefinder. It's all colors. This ability doesn't affect its color.
Speaker 1: Identity because it costs green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got a gold frame and it costs green. It's a two four human sculpture and multicolor spells you control have convolke so.
Speaker 1: You can cat. You can tap creatures and remove casting costs from shit that you play.
Speaker 2: That's how it used to work. Actually it helps you pay for now. It used to remove or reduce casting costs, but now it helps you pay for So, mister Foxglove cured in the Shipwright Kowayne, the second Doctor. All of those costs less now because we can use other creatures to help pay for them.
Speaker 1: Dad's a bunch of shit, yes, but that's the deck. And you'll notice we're not beating you to death with giant Bros, even though we could be Yeah, we're not taking extra turns to give virtual haste to beat you to death with giant ros yep, which we could, and instead we're gonna give you a big hug and then kill you in our upkeep.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about that? I like that we can go online as Ryan and Brando and meet people online that expect like some group hug lovey dovey or totally frickin' dirty ass cheating. Whatever you think that mister fox Glove is for.
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 2: You can do it, and it can be different. And after looking at this whole deck both yesterday and today, I like the deck. I do too, That's why I picked it, And it's different than I would have done it, and it's also different than how you would have done it.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: I would have been a dirty, rotten, frickin' asshole cheater with extra turns and using it as virtual haste. You would have went full aggro and used mister Foxglove like sneak attack. Yeah, or put mister Foxglove in the ninety nine as another sneak attack with haste enablers and multiple combat steps like if you put them in a deck that also had read four five color Brando monstrosity. Yeah, and use them a little bit as a as a like an enabler or another sneak attack.
Speaker 1: I'd also say Pip, Pip cheerio every time I attacked with him.
Speaker 2: There you go, just I would sing, indeed, like he kind of looks like Robin Hood. Right, I'm actually painting a Robin Hood on a fox glove, like the Disney Robin Hood the Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's pretty like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And of course Chris gave us a deck where it's it's theoretically group hug if.
Speaker 1: That exists, yes, I still think it does. But this is this is a good effort.
Speaker 2: I'll move to strengths and weaknesses. Sure, strengths and weaknesses. It's the new hotness. Love the card, the art, the ability. We've demonstrated that it's got multiple build angles and build paths and different strategies like we could do control. I mentioned stacks, extra turns, extra combats, egg row right or pillow for it, whatever.
Speaker 1: Kind of does because at the end of the day, basically what this does is it just it speeds you up or refills your hand. It does both of those things. Yeah, and that's kind of it. So it's not a prescriptive commander. It tells you to do the energy thing, yeah, or do the squirrel thing.
Speaker 2: A prescriptive commander. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: It it gives me the versatility vibe like Animar does. Are you doing Animar hydras anamar al drasi, animar combo? Right, Like, that's what this does. It's open ended and I can say things like it's it's foxglove, pillowfort, it's foxglove, big creatures, it's it's fewer.
Speaker 1: It's getting fewer and farther between these days. Like, yeah, just have a I don't want to say generically good, but just like an interesting commander that you can just do a billion different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next strength you can absolutely cheat your pants off, yes, because you're putting stuff in for free after drawing a ton of cards.
Speaker 1: You could just do the thing where it's like, oh, I'm playing magic plan magic, Wham, I'm look at my wiener.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think that producer Gary is ready for that wham? No chance, he was not ready for the wiener.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ready for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brad Brand will take care of that. In post I might not.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I might leave it in says weaknesses.
Speaker 2: We aren't really taking real advantage of mister Foxglove's likability. We could play any ban colored pillow, forty protection card, draw thing in the deck.
Speaker 1: You are using a commander. That's very good to do, a cutesy little thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alt win cons. I'm gonna put these under the weaknesses because sometimes unless you dedicate a lot of build equity and build slots and change the way you're playing, they're kind of clunky.
Speaker 1: They are very clunky. And while we do do some stuff to get that over the hump and actually make them work in the deck, the second sun rises and all that shit, there's that sphinx. Yeah, those things cost like seven and eight man, I don't think we talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's tough to do. But like that leads into my next my last weakness.
Speaker 1: Actually, the decks win. This deck wins on its alt win cons. It you you listen to the list for the last hour, it doesn't have another way to win. And and if your little enchantment just gets owned, so do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your one two trisk a deca file gets owned by all creatures get minus two until end of turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, they just get sucked up in a massacre worm or whatever. Right, deep shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, this is true of this particular deck, but also a pillowforts and group hug and and just kind of generally decks that rely on their opponents's stuff. And say this of clone decks too. Even though they scale nicely and are great for casual, there's kind of just a lot of tire spinning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this deck doesn't do a lot on its own. And sometimes if people are wise to your gimmick, you're not really going to get a chance to do your cute sea thing because people are onto you. You're kind of banking on the kindness of your friends. You have just slap the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you say it's mister Fox club group hug and everybody's like wise too. When you when you're playing against more experienced players, they're like, what's the catch forced fruition? Oh okay, are you trying to mill me? Like? What am I gonna do? What's the best card? And then I say, go, so I'm not drawing like thirty eight cards a turn and decking myself when when the next card that you play, mister group Hug is like a mass mill card, right, like, what's the thing? Then they wise up until you drop a trisk, a deca file or rise of the approach of the Second Sun, and then they go, oh, yeah, that's what it is, counterspell, or that's what it is. Remove your guy, right, and it's a lot of tire spinning until you kind of put it together, or and that takes a long time so it's slow. Or it's a lot of tire spinning until somebody whizes up because they've played magic before and it's like ah, And that's why it's great for controlling a power level. But it also leads over time to the reason why you would want to cheat. Well, my mister Foxglove, approach to the second Sun deck is always just a little bit short. So I'm gonna add a temporal manipulation into it. I'm gonna add a time warp into it, right, I'm gonna addu alv Run's epiphany into it just in case I need to draw a couple more cards with my howling mind to get to my approach again so I can cast it again. Now you're an extra turns mister foxglove deck just like I was talking about. Right, Oh, if I got extra turns in there, now, why would I not play Ulamug that has Annihilator eleven? Why would I not play that right and give them virtual haste? Right? So, then then the whole deck changes, and while the strategy is very wide open, you can fall into the trap of saying, oh, I want my casual group hug deck to actually win and be better and not always get second or just always fall short of my my alt win con and fall victim to changing the deck.
Speaker 1: I am gonna I'm gonna say one more thing about alt win cons. True, I've at least in me, this might just be me. I could this could just be a brando thing that I'm just saying. In my experience, those alt win cons become tiresome after a while for you, you know, once you've made them work a few times. The yeah, got it to work. I've flipped twenty coins in one game and I've won whatever, and well, okay, now I want to do something different, and but my deck doesn't do anything different, so I have to change it like Ryan did, or you did, or worse yet, you take it apart and that's too bad, because I think this deck is really cool, and with its open endedness and with its very high tunability, with all the neat stuff you could do, I'd hate for you to kind of become bored with it, yeah, and rip it down and do something else.
Speaker 2: Approach is very much like that, because sometimes the writing's on the wall and fell at our guardian. You win the game if you have forty or more life during your up keep is another one test of endurance, the one if you have fifty or more life during your app keep you in the game. Sometimes the writings on the wall. Can you remove it? Nope? Can you remove it nope? Can you remove it nope? Can anybody? Can we collectively? Do you know twenty five damage before his next turn? No? Okay, well let's just start a new game. It feels a little bit anti climactic like approach shuffle it in or put it at seven in draw seven approach. It feels like the writing's on the wall a little bit, sort of like combo. Decks can get to feel over time, and they can get stale if they don't have restrictions or challenges or whatever in them. But I think that this deck does offer you.
Speaker 1: That, Oh yeah, this deck does offer you lots of play and lots of really interesting stuff to do. And as much as I don't think group hugsy exists, I do appreciate when people play it. Not because it makes my game plan better, which it does, but because it does give you the chance to play the political which is also the social game yep in eh, which is you're talking to your friends, You're making and that's you're shooting the shit, right, and that's what the game is about. You're not taking a forty minute turn where you're tanking and not saying anything. You're taking a five minute turn where you're making deal with all your bodies, you're drinking beer, you're having fun and what which is what the game is all about in the first place.
Speaker 2: Dude, my final thought of the day. That's a great final thought of the day.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You can thank fusion after I say my final thought of the day is I think as a magic player, I talk my self down about being bad at playing only playing bad cards. I think that my strength as a magic player is in decks like this, where I can make those deals and kind of strategically point out what other players are doing and how that's powerful and why my stuff over and above it being the worst cards at the table. Like I'm like, I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes. And I think that as a player, that's where my strength is. And I think that's why I like this deck and mister fox Glove because it's it's it's like I can put myself at a disadvantage to then be creative and cheat, and not only does that give me the satisfaction through creativity and strategy, it puts it into like ultra hard mode. It's like playing Magic on hardcore mode. And if you win when you're playing on hardcore mode, man, the best feeling.
Speaker 1: Right, That's that is very true. There's a there's a reward for doing that. You ever dissociate so hard in a game because you're just having you just your deck sucks so bad that everybody just forgets you. We see it, say go and just like put another land into play and this other guy's already untapping and taking his turns.
Speaker 2: Every day, Brandon, every day.
Speaker 1: Man, I've had so many of those games. That's how I win games. There, you go the hard, the less you notice me, the more I'm probably gonna.
Speaker 2: Kill That's it, all right, that's why you kill him first.
Speaker 1: Everybody forget that I said that. Now we always kill Ryan first. Watch Sidewalks. That will prove it.
Speaker 2: That's it, and go to Fusion thank our business daddies and take us out, sir.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the glorious business daddies Fusion Gaming Online dot com. Or you can use set special promo code CCO Summer CCO Summer Still CCO Summer Still to save yourself five percent of all the really cool stuff that you're going to buy anyway.
Speaker 2: Get a discount you're gonna buy the stuff anyways, pay less money.
Speaker 1: Big thanks to the patrons over to Pictreon dot com slash CEO podcast. You do help the show grow, You help us be it, You help us stay here, I should say, and keep putting on all these events and shows that you guys hopefully enjoy so much because we really like being here. And finally, big thanks to Pile of Bones. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina. They are the host of the after party at the upcoming face to face event there, and they are the official beer sponsor of CCO Sidewalks Lamb season two right here on YouTube. I'm not sure what we're gonna do next episode, but I think it's a special bonus episode where we're gonna talk about something super fun. But you'll find out what it is on a very special bonus episode of Commenter cook Cout podcast and our
Speaker 2: Sort