Speaker 1: It's time for True Crime Tuesday. I'm totally googling this.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds made up.
Speaker 3: Well, there's bigger ones. There are bigger ones. I just have small ones at home. My coupeg glasses are pretty small to where it would just be very small. But I see that there are bigger ones where the breast would fit more comfortably in there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: A group of scientists.
Speaker 2: Just want to see.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yes, just leaving me out there flapping in the wind.
Speaker 3: A group of scientists trapped in a tiny base in Antarctica have sent an email pleading for help. They say a member of their team is threatened to kill another colleague. This is a South African research group and they were dispatched to this base, this research station in Antarctica. They are isolated and they're there for at least another ten months.
Speaker 2: I have a question of this, okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Specifically, they say one of the isolated researchers sent this email. They claim that one of the group had attacked them and is issuing further threats. The group is living in fear of the man who posed a threat to the entire team, according to this researcher, and the team member was also accused of sexually assaulting one of the colleagues. Now, as you get deeper into this email, that specifically asks the government of South Africa to come and rescue them. Quote specifically, he physically assaulted X whoever the other person was, which is a grave violation of personal safety and workplace norms. Furthermore, he threatened to kill that person, creating an environment of fear and intimidation. I remain deeply concerned about my own safety, constantly wondering if I might become the next victim. How okay, So, assuming that the person got into an argument with X, how does that translate into a sexual assault?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need more UH.
Speaker 3: Emails on what because there's assault that could be classified as a sexual assault. But it's like if you go grab Elmer's ass or slap it, it could be considered UH battery or sexual battery. Technically it to be sexual battery. You just mean it to be assault or battery. But because of where you touched him, it is sexual in nature.
Speaker 1: Legally, right, I think. So I go to punch him, and I accidentally punch him.
Speaker 3: In the genitals different than in the shoulder exactly, So I think that's probably more of what it is versus like a male on female type sexual assault.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: My favorite part about this article in the Daily well, there's a lot number one who thinks it's a good idea to send a group of scientists to this isolated place in Antarctica and leave them there for a year. I mean, it's just, on its face, sounds like a recipe for disaster. The other thing I like about this article in the Daily Mail is a post a picture of a group of researchers at this base and you're and you see this picture like, oh my god, these are the researchers, and then you read the fine print that says pictured is a different team of scientific researchers. So we're stationed there in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Right, Because you're looking through them like.
Speaker 3: I wonder which one guy like that guy looks a little handsy, that guy looks like you can have a couple uh siders and get sideways.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of a sausage fest right there, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But see that's the problem.
Speaker 3: You get too many sausages and then a couple of coupe glasses in there, and yes, nothing good comes of that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, this is one of the first times we've been able to do to a True Crime Tuesday that involves saran.
Speaker 4: Rap ah and SNM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean right, You're right.
Speaker 4: Saran wrap was much sexier.
Speaker 1: This is the this is our last story for a True Crime Tuesday, and this one is a weird one.
Speaker 4: I looked away very quickly.
Speaker 1: A woman in San Bernardino County is actually facing second degree murder charges after she was paid to engage in fetish acts, which she was filming for her OnlyFans page. Now again, a guy contacts her to do some weird stuff and she's gonna film it all and put it on her OnlyFans page.
Speaker 3: He wanted her to wrap him in sarane rap like a mummy and glue women's boots to his feet.
Speaker 2: Time out. Now, let's stop. I feel like.
Speaker 3: Right there now, I get what you said earlier. We have to discuss I didn't know where you got that from. I thought that came out of your own creative mind.
Speaker 2: Please, we have to discuss this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever wrapped saran wrap around any part of your body?
Speaker 4: No? But I have thought about it ever since I saw Fried Green tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't it. She did that to entice her husband, didn't she?
Speaker 1: And I thought there was a point where that became like a weight loss thing. I'm thinking like high school wrestlers, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to make yourself sweat even more. Ah.
Speaker 1: Now what happens is your skin has a lot to do with the exchange of gases through your body.
Speaker 3: So it's a greater release if you're in suran wrap. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the way your body works, you could suffocate your body by wrapping it in something like that. Mm hm.
Speaker 2: That's even if you wrap most.
Speaker 1: Of your body in something that doesn't allow your skin to breathe, you're going to cause some problems.
Speaker 3: I don't think that that was his concern at this point, but I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's why this is a dangerous thing. This just this wasn't just a like, aha, I'm gonna wrap my arms.
Speaker 3: And how did Kathy Bates get it so sparkly? And what was her alter egos named Towanda something like that in the movie.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: For taking matter that.
Speaker 1: You think I would remember that, but I don't now in this case. They started going on doing their thing about two years ago. Actually, they finally got together. She said it was the first time she had ever engaged in any of this. At about six o'clock she went straight from Katillion to the days in with our saran wrap in toe and filming it for only fans. Right after Junior leg she shows up at his.
Speaker 2: House in Escondido.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's already had a couple of pops, but she decides to go forward with all of this. A few hours later, a nine to one one call comes in. Paramedics get their officers find her performing CPR on him. The guy was rushed to the hospital, declared brain dead, and the next day was taken off life support several days after that. The cause of death, according to authorities, suffocation and lack of oxygen to the brain.
Speaker 2: There were videos he liked to be bound.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he liked to be wrapped up in saran wrap and taped.
Speaker 1: Shut duct tape over his mouth, his legs secured in the wrap, wrists bound, fingers covered with duct tape. Well, they are in a bag wrappings over his head so that he was unable to move while while he was unresponsive, she moves over to the couch and performs what is only described as a sex act nearby.
Speaker 4: And what kind of stuff are you looking at?
Speaker 3: That you've got to do all this to get to your desired result? Now, how broken are you where you've got to go through with all of this?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the internet, My god, kids.
Speaker 1: Old fashioned is still great, the old way to do it still perfectly fine.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 1: The DA does say that this is a second degree murder charge because there is no evidence that there was an intent to kill. Her attorney says there's no evidence that there was an intent to kill.
Speaker 2: And that the bag.
Speaker 1: There's no indication he asked her to obstruct his breathing, so he didn't ask for that. He was doing that to himself, asked her to put tape over his mouth, or asked her to put the plastic bag over his head. So but she should have known, apparently, that what was going on in the room was potentially dangerous.
Speaker 2: To this guy and could result in his death. Hence the second degree.
Speaker 3: Ladies, there's a lot of things you can do for money.
Speaker 4: This should not be one of them.
Speaker 2: When did you become so judgy?
Speaker 4: You know? I just if your dude wants you to wrap them in Seranna wrap.
Speaker 2: And no, no, no.
Speaker 1: If it's your dude, that's one I can get. If you've got a stranger who's asking you to do it, so it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's okay if it's your I get the appeal of wanting to duct tape a guy's mouth shut. I get that, but the Soranne wrap is too far.