Speaker 1: Let's see phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. As we get things rolling this morning, and so we're I guess we're where are you looking at another nominee? Maybe pulling out Pete hagg Seth. I don't know, pulling out it's the right word, but at the very least getting replaced. Did I wake up this morning there's nothing but headlines that Ron De Santis might be the Secretary of Defense pick. Does that seem like a waste of Ron de Santis? I mean, I know a lot of the jobs are handed out at this point, but I always thought of DeSantis was gonna come over and be part of the Trump administration. There it was. I I not that the Secretary of Defense is not an important job considering what's going on in the Pentagon right now. But like, I don't know, man, you know, DeSantis has more of the Doge vibes. Maybe, but we'll see the question is you want to leave being the governor of Florida. I don't know the answer to that. Obviously, he the state and his approval rate and everything seems to be going well down there, and if he slips over to Defense secretary, I think it becomes harder for him maybe to run for office, run for that same office, although maybe he had enough of it the first time round. I don't know, so curious what you think there. It's not you know, it's not a huge, big chatty story or anything. But they were all over that this morning and CNN, is anybody buying this? So for the third time now CNN's reporting that one of Trump's nominees was the target of an Iranian hack. All of the information in the previous hacks by Iran immediately then ending up in I don't know, the airwaves of CNN, right, could you remember some of this is this is heg Seth, this is Gates, O, Ram's just cooking and then all that info boom here you go, CNN, what are you going to do with it? So now they're saying that kash Patel is the target of an Iranian hack. And I will say this, I don't think anyone on the Internet was buying that at all, not at all, with you know, just generic hackers, anonymous whatever being the ones doing it, and then CNN facilitating it, right, because they'll just they and other outlets who lectured us from a moral perspective about the utilization of illegally obtained documents. This is the Hunter Biden stuff they always really except it wasn't all of these outlets that lectured everybody on that stuff. Are they're tripping over themselves to run this stuff. So I understand why people are going to be a little skeptical. But now that'll just that'll continue to play out the over the week. So all right, I just wanted to do a little round up there because you got like three different moving pieces and I don't know what's going to happen, but you know, maybe maybe maybe Hegg says out, maybe Desantas is in just because they don't want to deal with it. The whole letter with the mom thing, I didn't even get into all this stuff because it's a lot of it's pretty questionable, pretty questionable. Do I believe that he got a little rowdy when we go out and party when he was younger he's thirty, Yeah, yeah, probably especially, But do I give any credence to somebody who's an anonymous former service member who served alongside hag Seth who said he saw him with his shirt off one time and question what those tattoos mean? No, no, because I know what a Jerusalem Cross is. Most of you do too, even if you don't know what it is visually. Right now, if you look at you one, oh yeah, I know what that thing is. That's what they're talking about, and you can google that. So between that and and and the other things, who does Maybe maybe he just doesn't want to deal with it, or maybe they're just doing the desantus thying to screw with the media so they think that they got one what you what you all should understand. And it's hard because they never are right next to each other. None of this process took place for any of Biden's cabinet, not not in to this extent. Don't gonna be wrong. Fox had stuff, and then individual citizen journalists would come up with stuff. But the the idea that when a Republican gets elected, anyone whose name is You're just getting thrown right in a wood chipper and if you survive, great, whereas anyone that Joe Biden can throw out there, even people who's I don't know, are you one you wanted to lead the nation's transportation industry and they they were A mayor in uh in rural Indiana doesn't necessarily disqualify them, but you better make a case for him when you had whether floating names for stuff like Klobashar and others like that, or are you get the you know, throwing throwing things at staff members and along those lines. It's not seeing in or any of these guys digging it up even though it'd be easy for him. That's that's all. That's local. That's hyperlocal stuff. That's the guys from power Line that were doing the Clobashar stuff. I know because I know them, that used to work in the Minneapolis market. So that's you know, that's just the process. Because I see already in the narrative is how is everyone fundamentally broken that that Trump throws up there? And I guess I would ask you this, are they more or less broken if you were to do an honest assessment of the current cabinet members? Or are they human? Where you if you could find a little something, you can keep pulling that thread and you can embellish just as much as you want, even if you can't prove it. Would anybody here stand up to that level of scrutiny where the left has taken by the left? I also mean most of the mainstream media. They've taken all of their hate, the seething hatred that keeps them up at night that they have for primarily one individual, but those around this individual, and they're going to take that hate that motivates them every day to go out and do what they do, and do so in a bias manner, and do so and unknowingly but in their mind justifiably biased manner because they got to save America or some crap, and for a brief moment, because that person just uttered your name, all of that hatred, resource, nastiness, and dishonesty will be channeled directly at you for as long as it takes. That's what you're up against. That's rossk. Could you run for president or be a cabinet member? You think any think that had pan out if you just if it's on the Republican side. Donald Trump utters your name today and says I'm gonna I'm gonna make Ross the defense Secretary of God to help us. By the way, if that happens, do you think do you feel would you feel comfortable with the what the the media would be getting ready to do to you and your family in that exactly that next moment, or would you just be like, Nope, we're not doing this. I'm and I don't want my name in there. I mean, yeah, that does not sound fun, because I think there's probably a lot of people. There's there's there's gonna be a crap ton of people where Trump has offered them this and they went to no, I don't want any of this, even if it's ambassadored or whatever. I don't want any of this because they don't want their lives and that is the goal. It's not well, then we're gonna get better people. No, not necessarily. Not necessarily, you're gonna get You're gonna get people who are primarily washing to people. This is the great This is the big, great problem. When you are from the jump involved in politics right when you want when you force yourself to become part of the swamp. Right, so you're you're a young aspirational person from the age of twenty one twenty two, graduate intern with a congress person's office, get into the system, find yourself in a series of jobs. Eventually they want you to run back in your home district. You do it. You got a little name recognition, you got people around you know what they're doing. So you go and get yourself elected. You can build up from there. Maybe you go the Cenate route, maybe not. Maybe you get into something like this. Maybe one day you run for president. But one thing that you do every single moment of every single day, if you want to have a real shot at this is from the moment you're starting to establish credit right out of college and all this, you are in the mindset that you could be running for office. You want to be involved in this. So you look to see what others are doing. And you see others elected officials that you work for who have a very interesting way of doing taxes. So there's really nothing on there, and and it's and you realize that they understand how to survive a background check one they don't even know that's coming up yet. But you the other you b ross anybody else. For the most part, we're doing the private citizen thing. We don't. We don't act like that, go about our business, never understanding that one day lightning may strike and we may be motivated, something may happen. And now you find yourself in the in with that level of public scrutiny, and it's just unsustainable. Mark Robinson felt some of that. Mark Robinson felt some of that because he was just a guy who went to a Greensboro City Council meeting to put a voice that a lot of people are screaming at their TV. At the same time. It's it's and and yet the Clintons, how do the Clinton survive? You see Bill Clinton? I actually, you know what, I'm going to see this. I actually have sympathy for Bill Clinton. There's a story out about anger and all that stuff. I understand where this dude's coming from. But I also understand that, uh, the the the levels of lawyering, preparation and political manipulation that that family and many others Nancy Navidia Pelosi are able to is it comes because they have been in the system so long and they understand how to make sure none of this stuff shows up, or that you know, they trade favors, so it just it will never come out. And that's not the case. That's not the case when you're poed at some dude used to serve with because I don't know, he didn't he didn't, he didn't forgot your rank or something one time. Who knows that. Now you're a whiny little. I looked at his I looked at his chest. He's staring at him like that. But you're like, and then you're sitting there and he scrutinizing this, did you ask him? Most people ask if I see, if I see somebody, I know he's got a tattoo, I'm like, oh, what is that? They all ask, is that a microaggression? I don't know. I know I'm not. I'm allowed to ask about hair or where heyone's from. But can I ask about what that tattoo is? And I know I need to ask what it means. I just sometimes I just want to know what it is. Just crazy. I'm sorry this is is more of a generic rant, but I just every time we do this, everyone pretends like the same level of scrutiny is is equally shared. And it just wasn't. With Biden's cabinet it wasn't. And a Rock's cabinet especially it wasn't because remember he had at the following his that election, the first election, Remember all the photos they take of him where they could make a this They looked like he had a halo. You remember all those photos. Some case, some guy'd get be like they're Okay, let me get at this angle right here, and if they stop moving his head and boom, there we go. And then you see these photos where it's very subtle, but like there's a you know, there's something on the wall and he's had his position right and now it looks like he has a halo on and they kept doing that crap. And so he could have nominate. He could have been like, we've we've cloned John Wayne Gacy and helped in human services, right, and they would be like, well, look that's God, you know, putting them up there. So I'm sure it's fine. No, it's a it's a very different process, and it's and it's intended to beat you down because ultimately it's not about them having genuine concern for it. They want anyone in that orbit to be terrified, continue to be terrified, to align themselves with the person and they hate the most. And in twenty sixteen, even after all these secret voters and everything, it worked, people say one thing and do another. And I would tell you that that is becoming a thing of the past, and it is part of the media losing their power. And this is them kicking and screaming the whole way. Okay, all right, six twenty Hang on this thing here, man. Look one of the things. What are the positive things about the internet? Although it gets really frustrating now trying to find any of this stuff in Google? But how many of you have been able to accomplish something because of a YouTube video?
Speaker 2: I had?
Speaker 1: What did? I needed one yesterday to figure out something because for some some reason, my camera permissions got all jacked up during the update on my company laptop. So I had a team's meeting. I can't get my camera to work, and I don't want to. I could put in a trouble ticket, but the whole thing, I mean, it's gotta be an easier way. I just kind of type that in and you know, if you're decent with like the Bullion search and and uh yeah, boom, there's a video and I'm like, oh, okay, I gotta do that. I to do two things and now it's fixed.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That could be very helpful, But it depends on what you're doing, right, Like, okay, me figuring out the camera setting that I thought I didn't realize there was two of them. Uh that's good for me. That's easily solved. But you know I have. You're not watching a video to make a bomb, right, there's terms of service, but if there's any complexity to it, the danger is heightened. So the other thing you shouldn't watch an internet video to learn is how to do surgery on your kids. Okay, you need not do that, you need not go well, let's say, well it's a one hour video. If I watch the whole thing, they give all the money we can save. It takes a little longer to get good at that, and even then you're probably not going to do it on your kid, although maybe this one. A Missouri couple have been arrested after their son had to go to the hospital. He was bleeding pretty bad. Thankfully they at the hospital were able to go ahead and fix the kid up, but he had a rather strange wound down there. See, the parents who decided that you'd probably figure out how to do a circumcision if you watch a few videos, and that's the direction they went quote. The procedure did not go as planned, but the parents explained that they thought through their research end quote a blessing that they would be able to perform the thing at home. Yeah, and don't get me wrong, I understand that there's a religious component aspect to this in some face where it's not necessarily a medical doctor. But also you shouldn't do your first one because of a YouTube video? And also why are there YouTube video showing how to do this? How do those exist? I did not google it. I didn't even ask ross to look it up because I don't want to know. But how are you because you can't show one? Can you? Thankfully?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Do you have to do the like the weird high school sex ed thing where you're like, you got a banana and a and a and a pairing knife and what's how do how do you convey that on on a platform that doesn't allow you to show stuff like that? I that's I just want to know verbally. I don't want visually. I just want verbally to know the answer to that, because I have I have quite a few questions. All right, let me add this is a this is a question. This is a very serious question. Okay on this story. Don't worry. I get into this, I get into the South Korea stuff. Calm down, See, would you understand everybody has talked about that. I will talk about it, but it's not new to most people this one though maybe some you've heard it, maybe you have it. I don't know what to do here. I don't know what you at because when it comes to juveniles going out and doing stuff, criminal stuff, horrible stuff, some not so horrible but still criminal, you know, just the whole gamut of it, there's a lot of debate over at what point should you face full consequences. And I'll be honest with you, I've seen many a sixteen year old commit many a vicious crime, and absolutely you couldn't convince me that they did not. They were not able to know that they you know, you weren't able to go in and shoot eight people or what you know, some horrific something. And then when it is a minor or some of these these really like those girls who killed that uber driver remember in DC, almost for fun, they're like, oh, you can't charge with as adults. Look you get you get into your teenage years, especially your late teenage years, sixteen seventeen, I don't have a problem with it. Charge charge away, and I think you know what's up. But I think that you largely have become the person you're going to be save. I guess being saved or or or are finding something that turns your life around. Unfortunately, sometimes we do things that are so over the top, so evil, or you do so many of them. I don't know that you're redeemable from a non This isn't an argument over religious redemption. Okay, it's fine if you want to be that's part of your thinking. But I don't call in and be like, doesn't matter what they did. He said, you know, just let you know, accept my son and then we'll be good to go, and and and I that's not what we're here. I'm talking about redemption within society. There's a story out of South Carolina, and they didn't involve well, the victim was a twelve geirl. She's fourteen now, but she's not really her anymore. I'll explain the details of it. And these are her classmates, so I don't know all of their ages, but they would have been, you know, twelve thirteen at the time that what happened happened, and then another thing happened, and now I'm like, I don't know. I don't know how those individuals ever become productive members of society. What they did is so profoundly evil. So here's the story. Kaleia Turner is fourteen. She was twelve when this happened. Kaleiah Taylor goes to school and or went to school rather in Greenville, South Carolina, and she was the target of some substantial bullying. It was so substantial that eventually Kalaia made a decision that sadly uh uh other other kids have made and decided that the only way out of this hell at this school, which, by the way, the it sounds like with yet nine staff members that the lawyers and for the family and everybody have identified and they've got they've got receipts on a lot of these exchanges that just didn't seem to care, just couldn't be bothered to stop the torment that this girl faced every day. She's a bigger She's a bigger girl, right, She's she's not conventionally pret This is not me insulting her. I'm just saying that, like she seems exactly who people would go after and bully. She sounds like she was kind of soft, smoke spoken, was into art and stuff. From mom's description, right, absolutely zoned in on this girl and then tormentitor to One day she left a note fashioned a noose and hung herself, and she was dead for eight minutes and they revived her. But unfortunately, once oxygen is not going to the brain anymore and it goes on too long, you start facing very significant brain damage. And unfortunately that's what happened here. She is forever not the same she's she is on a tube. I think she'll probably be on a tube going forward. She's essentially now in a wheelchair, and it's it's all really sad. But that's not even the most evil part. If that, if I know that sounds crazy, that's not the most evil part. I wouldn't even be doing the story if that was the end of it. But there's another thing that happened. That's the evil part, and I want to know once I tell you about it. If you think from a societal standpoint, the bullies that drove her to do this are redeemable, you're gonna have to convince me. I don't think they are, and I don't care that they might have been thirteen when they did it. I'll give you the part two, the rest of the story, so to speak, on this horrible, horrible story, we'll do it next. Hang on, so that the South Korea thing is crazy. I will try to shed just a little bit on it, and and real I don't reasonably all understand all of it, but I get the vibe I guess from reading articles yesterday and a sheer lunacy with the with the martial law versus all of this. Let me just be clear, because it had the effect of watching your your your currency took a it started tanking yesterday obviously with what's going on. And then you have these scenes where the parliament literally carried the car the Congress or whatever. They can't get in because they've like chained it off, so they cut in to get in so that they can hold a vote, or they unanimically vote to unmartial law, which it's not even clear that they can just hold a vote to do that. But then later the president comes back of South Korea and he's like, dah, just kidding, what what the hell happened. We'll get into I'll try to explain at a little bit from what I've learned, but there's there's a there's a really big question. But let me get back to this story, very sad story of this young woman who was bullied to the point of deciding she was going to end her life, and she did technically, but they resuscitated her after she hung herself. She was dead for eight minutes. That caused severe brain damage because of the lack of oxygen. She now is she has no control over her body. She's in a wheelchair, she's in you know, like the tube essentially to keep her breathing. And that's that's her life going forward, and it has been that way for two years since the initial incident. But I want to talk about the kids who did this to her, because they did one other thing. And it's at this point I have to ask myself, even though these kids are twelve and thirteen at the time that they're doing this, are they redeemable from a societal standpoint? Because after she hang after she hung herself, after the news of what happened where, you know, because it's Greenville is not that big, and school societies or school societies and you know, people talk. Eventually everyone figured out what happened. She had she'd attempted to kill herself, and likely they probably knew who her bullies were. They would see it at school and and like they knew this, and and one of the kids who bullied her went to the hospital where she's laying there on breathing tubes. And I mean, it's the standard picture you see of somebody who you're like, how is that person alive? And she's in that bed, in that most vulnerable of states, and one of these pieces of garbage goes to the hospital. I don't know if they lied and said they were there to see somebody else, or that they were a friend, I would think that they would control access to her, but they somehow snuck into the ice. You took photos of this girl intubated, laying in bed, and then posted the photos on social media with more bullying and fake rumors of how the injury transpired. How does that person? How do you? How will that person be a productive member of society going forward? At if they're doing that at twelve and thirteen, If they'd have been so shocked by what happens they actually started to look at their own behavior, it wouldn't be enough, but at least it'd be a start. But no, the reaction was to go for the laughs or the lolls, or the bullying or the fun or whatever, and take a picture of this girl who you killed successfully for eight minutes and then put it on social media to make fun of her. More, what do you do at that point? You want to know how school shooters happen. That's how school shooters happen. She just want a different route because it's the more. It's the route that more students will choose to go, which is why bullying in schools is different than it was when we were in school. But it's still the same kind of right in the sense that you can't Anyone who works in a school knows who the bullies are and knows who the bullied are, and you can't convince me otherwise you know what's up, but I don't. I'm not here to pick on teachers for that. Here's what I want to know. Anyone who works in a school setting, you know, by the time they're twelve thirteen, you kind of know what that person's going to be. It may not be the end all be all, but you're probably right most of the time. So how do we live in How do we live in this scenario where a school stands by and watches this and a kid feels so embold and what's that child's home life by I don't know, so I should call them a child? They're making some really adult decisions here eight eight, eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I don't know what the penalty is, but you that can't go unanswered. That can't go unanswered. And if I was a parent, I wouldn't want a single one of my students in orbit of any of these kids, any of these quote unquote bullies. And yet they're there at the school. So you again, for the thousandth time, why do parents sit there? And you know, actually one school vouchers. It's not just rich kids who want the rich people, rich mommy, daddy money back. It's people who want some alternative. How many of how many of you have contemplated or had to make a change in your child's educational system because of things like this. Parents do this every it seems the bullies never really get thrown out, can't really do that now, So people have to upend whatever they're doing with their kids kids' lives and and make hard decisions. And sometimes that can be having to fight the school district just to get moved to a different school. Well they said they're going, no, we can't do that. Have you tried talking to the bully? Have you tried? Have you tried inviting them over for cookies or something. Shut up? Have you tried doing your jobs? Have you tried maintaining your brand so that people, when given the option, actually still want to send their kids there and they're not terrified that this would happen to them. Is there's no oversight? There is not a school in Greenville. These students should be in with other students. What happened to the bad kids' school? Do we not do that anymore? We had a bad kid's trailer? Ross, Do you guys have a bad kid's school or a bad kids trailer? You know?
Speaker 2: We had a we had an entire school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had what they call it an academy. Did they tell me they didn't?
Speaker 2: I can't remember what they called it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember they got they in Minnesota. They would call them academies, and they'd be like a little sub school, Like, oh, what's that is that for the Is that for the Einstein kids? Like, no, that's for the other kids. That's for the kids who would steal Einstein's lunch money. And so they'd put them over there. And I don't know if that's the right answer. It's probably not in the grand scheme of things, But at what point do you know a kid is irredeemable and does something irredeemable from a from a US standpoint? Again, this is we're not making a religious distinction here, but you could argue that if you think people are always redeemable, but you know, during their life from a from a from a Christianity standpoint, or whatever religious direction you want to go, then are are you? Are we called upon ourselves to have that same level of understanding. I don't know. I'm more of a render undeseazar kind of guy myself, and we go ahead and deal with this. So I'm going to go out. I don't think they're redeemable, and I don't think they should be near other kids.
Speaker 2: My grandma used to say that by the age eleven or twelve, pretty much knew if someone was a good egg.
Speaker 1: Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. All right, couple things, I'll give you the little runner on the well. Let's say, actually, let's just go ahead and get right into it. So South Korea, what the heck the heck was going on yesday? If you were only passively paying attention, you probably saw news alert late morning and it's like North Korea under Marshall Law. It happened right after almost right after the show. You're like, well, that doesn't sound good. What do you mean, are the North Koreans invading or are we going to do this thing? Did Biden decide to escalate this conflict as well on his way out? What's happening? And and admittedly I didn't know. We do When we do South Korea stories, generally they're based on a North Korea story or some crazy tech thing that they came up with. And that's going to be an important component here, because after martial law was declared, the one hundred and ninety members of their legislature basically had to trick their way into and in some cases they cut off some chains or something or have their staff members form a blockade line so they could all like slink into the parliament to vote. And then they voted one hundred and ninety to zero to lift it, except legally they really couldn't do that. And then eventually a few hours later, the President of South Korea lifted the martial law. So, I mean, inside of like eight hours, all of this played out and we're just all watching, like what does this mean? Why is this happening, So let me give you the generic version. And by the way, this is not a justification. And I do not know enough about the intricacy of South Korean politics, but I get now the general sense of where everybody's at. Okay, so South Korea. South Korea is definitely uh. There there are two distinct factions in Korean society from a political perspective, kind of like here where you have you know, it's you have the right and you have the left, and they're they're they're they're clearly defined within South Korea, but maybe some of the positions wouldn't necessarily you couldn't just be straight right, straight left in the US. It doesn't completely transfer, but a lot of it does, and a lot of it's broke down over age. A lot of it's broke down over age. You have a young society in many parts of South Korea, uh, and they are very different and want to be very different from the very traditional side of of South Korea. Okay, so well then don't show me the page. And and so what it creates is it creates kind of that that same vibe here where if you're young and you're not you're not a Democrat and you're heartless. If you're old and not a Republican, you're brainless, or however they would say it over there in Korean. I don't speak Korean, but the president is among the more traditional What I guess you would see is a more conservative side, but definitely the older school of thought over there, right, and the younger folks who obviously most of which they grew up with the boogeyman to the North stuff going on. But in reality, even if you see reporting, there is a lot of reporting that happens in South Korea. Now that's a lot more how do you say, enthusiastic about some of the tenets of what they believe to be socialism, even communism. They like that, they want that, and it's also the part where they think the older people are hoarding all the money, right okay, And then political people want to play into that. Politically they run and then eventually you get a legislature that is very divided from from the president over there, and they want to start doing some of this stuff. And it's a little different how laws originate over there. We don't have to get into all that, but I think that kind of sets the scene for it in my mind doesn't justify martial law obviously, but that that was what was the core of of this and and and so you have essentially the AOC crowd who has captured the legislature, and so the president there, he can't get anything done. They're not going to do anything. They're going to do stuff that they want to do, and depending on I think how monies are attached, they don't even necessarily need him to sign off on it. I'm I'm a little unclear. So maybe if we have somebody from South Korea listening they can fill me in. But from reading, that's what I understood it to be. And again, don't do the martial law thing. But if I could, I just ask, could I ask the UH and and they've and proud of this guy, right because here's what's gonna happen. Even though not all the legislature is is definitely to the left, they are controlling things and they got a unanimous vote yesterday. And so this president is probably gonna get impeached today or they'll start the process anyway. But let me ask, let me ask you this, how do you sit in the city of Seoul, South Korea? Well within the impact. Right, it's important because Seoul is obviously the population hub, but also it's where the majority of these left wing part of the congressional members over there hail from. And uh, I don't know how you sit in Seoul, which has they have these sirens everywhere, right, you have these moments where you're figure trying to figure out what's happening. You see military presence if you go to the northern part of the city everywhere. And by the way, the military who was part of the they did not have live Their weapons look to be inert I saw the blue bolts and some other stuff in there, so they I don't I don't believe that the rifles they were holding they could have unless they're going to beat somebody to death. They couldn't have shot anybody. So but and you have mandatory service in South in South Korea too, I almost forgot about that. You have mandatory military service unless you're in a boy band. I guess I don't know. That's a thing. Also, k pop's a thing. What sweet hell is that? But how you sit there and Seul and go we need we need to adopt some of the ideas from up there. What are you doing. What are you doing if you can't fundamentally, look, Korea is the best in my beIN it's the best example of that of two ideologies because they were they were then immediately implemented at the same time on the same it's sharing the same language or most of it. Anyway, families literally families at that time in the fifties somewhere North Korea, some were South Korean and and they just kind of played out that way. And then you look from the nineteen fifties and the armistice there or I guess it is technically an armistice. I guess it's not. There's basically not shooting it. But how you look at that and you look at the crazy futuristic city the Soul, South Korea is it's wild. But those big Asian cities in Japan and South Korea are it's it's almost it's overwhelming. Now I've not been I've not been to Soul, but I have been to Tokyo, Okay, and uh, it's it's wild stuff. Man, It's it looks like all the futuristic cities from all the futuristic shows and the amount of wealth that South Korea. If you look at the world Economic rankings, they're in the top ten and they have been for a very long time. They consistently are and the companies from the from South Korea that are worldwide global companies, and what it's created, the lifestyle that people in South Korea are able to maintain. It's one of the most brand conscious societies in the world. They love brands, they love smearing themselves in brands, status symbols, all of it. And you sit there and go, yeah, yeah, okay, But what about if we listen to some of these guys who keep having keep having it, not eat because they ran out of grass which they were eating because they didn't have other stuff to you, how about we how do we look into how some of them are doing stuff that's crazy to me that you would find appealing some of these items up there that are kind of a pathway into this stuff, and go, that's what we want to do. Rogerie said something off there. He said, it shows the pervasiveness or the poison that is that ideology. I agree with that, but it's also very tempting because when you live in a society where there is wealth, there's a lot of wealth around and you're just you're younger, you're coming up, and you have it seized that and you feel that you never will And I understand that frustration, and I also again I understand the concept that where people look at it and they go, well, when my parents were my age, they didn't have it this hard, And you're right, you're right, things are out of whack when it comes to but it's also not necessarily their fault. In all instances. We have a lot more government than we used to, we have a lot more regulations than we used to, and and depending on when your parents were, it may not necessarily be the case. If your parents were your age when Jimmy Carter with those mortgage rates was coming up, what do you think their home chances were? And they had to adapt and overcome. And so when you see people, when you see that brass ring every day, because there is wealth in your society that you're that you're constantly around and you don't have that wealth, people want it. And there will be people who feel that the easiest road to going going ahead with that, even if they're even if they're ideologically pure and what they're hoping to accomplish, where everybody has the same then they're just naive, but to then hand it over and sit there and go and again. I can't speak to Korean society because I'm not Korean living in that, but I can understand the concept because we see a play out with other stuff. We see a play out here where absolute lunatics get elected to office and they're like, hey, what we need? Uh, let's have about we build a train to everywhere and then we don't need cars when we get rid of all the cows and the planes, and that includes Hawaii somehow, and then we'll all plant palm trees or whatever that stupid video was. Wait ready to run around with that garbage in your head, But it requires you to offload two of your top three revenue drivers for the country, agriculture and fossil fuel transportation. I kind of put up an under one there, But and you want to purge our society of these revenue drivers, these top companies, these top industries, and then, of course, and then everyone can can figure out how to plant mangroves. That's what it was, mangrove swamps. You're a lunatic and you're trying to destroy something that well, it's not perfect, is still better than what's going on in other places. If you're in South Korea, you can see the other place. You can go up there the DMZ and hit golf balls into old minefields. It's true, look it up. It's the thing you can go do. And yet you're still like, you know what, we need more of that, But don't worry, we'll get it right. They just didn't get it right. So with all of that that I was able to lazily derive from just reading a couple of articles and comments and a few other things. The entire crack staff over at CNN, they went in a different direction.
Speaker 4: I think, just in and of itself in the context of South Korean history is important. Obviously, we around the table should talk about why this should be an important thing for American support. Well, that's what I want to particularly given that Donald Trump is about to be president in a number of weeks. Somebody who had said he wants to use the military to go after his.
Speaker 1: Own enemies again, and by the way, that's the new good people on both sides thing was that us to use the military to go after his enemies. He's talked about using the military for staging for immigration purpose, right but he can't use them in the in in a military sense. So a lot of it was administrative and stuff like that. And Biden, by the ways using the military to ship and do flights, so whatever, And then he talked about using them to go after drug cartels. Did I miss where he talked about just right, you know, running F sixteens because that the only person I've seen threatening people with nuclear arms is the Democrat member of Congress from California there, you know, Fang Thang's lover. And then Joe Biden talking about coming out what was he coming at us with F fifteen sixteens? I can't remember what he was talking about, except he wasn't really saying that. But if I'm using CNN's filter, that would that would be how i'd reported. So somehow what's going on in South Korea is Donald Trump's fault because he's coming in and that shows me, you know, you know, nothing in the history of South Korea that was easy to derive, like this isn't even a new thing that they do over there. They've had some really weird issues back in the seventies. They had they tried to kill the Prime Minister of South Korea the president of South Korea, and they went into martial law in seventy nine, and it's happened in other places, and it's happened across the political spectrum there. And don't even get me started on the infiltration of that weird, creepy colt they had over there that was able to infiltrate into some members of into some elements of the government. That was the whole thing. It's it's it's that's actually a wild story. So now you've decided that Trump's Trump's going to do that, how do you think Trump? What do you think Trump, even people support Trump, would think if Trump went martial law? Considering the mindset and the paranoia that we have as Americans a big government, everyone just falls in line. I think the only people all falling in line that I'm seeing right now is every one of you who has came up with the same justification for that pardon going. Well, he wasn't going to he never lied, but then Trump started appointing mean people, and then he knew he had to do something. And I'm just going to ignore the fact that that thing's eleven years long and covers literally everything. He's just a good dad. Because that's who I see falling in line right now, every single person saying the same thing on every damn show in defense of that yesterday with a straight face, a straight face, and I and far more people on that side of the aisle will fall in line with that, this president's thing that would be screamed as a constitutional crisis of Trump did at this pardon, and they'll immediately fall in line with that. While accusing Donald Trump of wanting to destroy the norms, which yes, there are a lot of norms he does want to destroy that are only norms because you've allowed him to become them. But if he oversteps on something like that, I don't You got a bunch of people voted for Trump because they felt that they were abandoned by other folks, and so if he smacks him at the dinner table with something like that, they're going to listen to it. And the reason you go, well, they don't listen when he lies and say anything, it's because you lie harder. And so they've picked the team on there, and they're willing to accept that because they feel the ends justify the means. It's your own logic. Usually we'll be back hang on I understand they have been undertaking for quite a few years now efforts to recapture a populace that may not have the attention span for a baseball game. And so they they've done all sorts of stuff, and they have been successful in bringing the average length of a baseball game down. I think what twenty five minutes or something was last time I saw when we were talking about pitch clock and stuff like that, and they were explaining how it's worked. But they've done They've done a variety of things that you can't You can't consistently harass the guy on first by throwing from the mound. You can. You can do it what twice and then if you do it again, there's a penalty for it. What are some of the other stuff the pitch clock, obviously they've changed the speed of how other things happen. Of course there's stuff that's reviewable now, which was less about that but more about just having consistency, and then that'll get screwed up. They don't have Angel Hernandez there anymore to jack things up. What's what I'm missing? We were just talking about, Oh, not the overtime rule, but the extra inting's rule with the runner on second. Anybody thought that, they may think that's a good idea still or is that just dumb? Because I have something much dumber for you, And that was this Major League Commissioner Rob Manfred has introduced for consideration what's called the Golden at Bat. Oh, dear lord, what is this? What is the golden at bat? Is that where Sam sam No, Sam Simon hits that button? What's the show? What's the show I'm thinking of? Oh, America's got talent, the golden buzzer, That's what it is. No, it's not that, but it's it's it's interesting. So here's how the Golden at bat would work. Okay, who's the best Who's the best Yankees hitter? Right now? It's got to be Judge, right, He's probably your top dog there. But pick whatever your team is. So let's say the Yankees every single game that they play would have an opportunity once during the game, at the selection of the team to insert another batter, and but without the things that happen when you do that, right, So if you swap a batter out, let's you know, this is like with pictures back in the day. So if you don't want your pitcher hitting, and they were up to bat in the seventh inning, you could pinch hit somebody for them, but that pitcher's out, and then now you got a new starting pitcher. That's not how this would work. You would be able to at one time per game, at any point, select any one of your players to go up to bat, and then everything would just stay the same, from fielding assignments things like that. They would just get an extra at bat whoever it is. Whoever. So if the Yankees decide they're in a situation where they absolutely must they got to get a hit, it's the eighth inning times ticking down. What are we gonna do or that part of our lineup we're not comfortable with. They just be like, hey, judge, you're up again. And then he goes in and hits. Do you understand what this does? I don't mean to be the old fogy. You understand all the stupid scenarios I could immediately think of in this and others have, and also what that does to hitting records and pitching records for that matter. You're a pitcher and you got to face the guy who's on a hot streak. He's hitting three thirty for the you know, three thirty, three fifty for the month, and you got to get an extra at bat. You got to pitch an extra at bat at that guy. Your er should feasibly suffer because now instead of pitching to Judge three times that game or four, you pitch to him five and Wade Bogs from from the Red Sox. He brought up a scenario that's a perfectly feasible scenario, but would be very strange. So let's say Judge does go up or he used I think Otani in the example or whatever. But let's say Judge goes up there and the pitcher is able to get him, and just it is normal at bat, and now they need one more out in that one more out in that inning and game's done. Why would the Yankees manager not go, hey, Judge, stay up there, go ahead, take three more. That's a powerful little ducket man. And now Judge gets an extra opportunity at bat. And if he's a guy who's chasing some of the records that Bogs either holds or is in the top ten of which is quite a few. Guy played a long time, was a very productive hitter, very I think he does. He still hold the records for like two baggers, three baggers. I think he was up there for a while at least on a double. So my point is, now he can you're kind of padding those stats, man, you get an extra at bat. That's a big deal when you're just trying to put up bulk numbers averages or averages. But when you're just trying to put bulk dumbers up, you know, hits because you're chasing Ripkin or whatever or Gwyn every at bat, every little every little ding out there, every little blooper that drops in. Man, you're just there is another one. There's another one. So I don't know. I again don't want to sound like an old fogy, but this sounds dumb. But on the flip side, what is it people like to see when they watch baseball? Now? Not just now? But what do we like to see? Do you like to see a pictures duel? Maybe those are fun sometimes, especially when you got guys who got a lot of movement on the ball, like some like peak nineties Atlanta Braves, Bullpen, You're just like, have the ball move there. You got guys like Glavin just killing it, man. But those could be fun to watch. But for the most part, if you go to a ball game, you want to see a guy hit a home run. Man better yet, you want to see him hit a home run over to where you are. If you're sitting out there and you see a few of those. In my head, I think of the best baseball games I've ever watched, and they haven't been pitchers duels. They just have it. Unless you're in weird like no hit or perfect game stuff which you don't really know you're in until you're already halfway. Minimum. No, you want to see, you want to see. You want to see guys hit dingers, as that kid said, So maybe fans embrace that stuff. I don't know. People are telling me, well, why don't you just walk the golden at bad hitter, because the other when the team's figuring out who's going to use their golden at bat, they're not going to put that person in a situation where they can just walk them and there's no penalty there, because then they're wasting their golden at bat. They're gonna put that person in bases loaded, two outs. Okay, so you can't walk that guy. You got a pitch to him, or you or you're giving up a run. So I understand the scenario there, but immediately a manager would be like, well, no, if I put my guy in, they're just gonna walk him. So we'll wait and use it when it's uh, when it's prudent, and and and and they'll use it in a very tactical way. That will that will then be kind of the same scenario over and over again, because that's where math where maths, that's what it makes sense. And so you'll be able to predict as a fan if you get comfortable with this kind of where they're going to use it, and then fans will why didn't you use it? Just like they're debating why didn't Chicago call a time out last week? What are you doing? So? I don't know. If you want to weigh in on that, you can, that'd be fun. All right, Let me grab a call here, Jamal, what's going on? Ma Man? Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Ksey, what's going on? Casey? Let me say this. A lot of people don't remember nineteen eighty eight and eighties, but North Koreans used to stand infiltrators to South Korea, and these people will join these activist groups and start convincing people to join North Korea, les reunite the Koreas with the strong North Korean government and try no tricking people telling hey, you know, we will you know, respect your rights, but let's go back and let's do one Korea because you know, Japan because the World War to Japan invaded Korea divided about and of course things like that. Now, in the nineteen nineties when I was in army, North Korean shot down a American scout shopper shot it down, and we thought we were going to go to war when I was in Army den But my point is this is nothing new. Anybody that's old enough to remember the nineteen eighties and you remember the political cartoons used to be in the newspaper. One I will always remember KC. It showed the nineteen eighty eight Olympics, and it showed the country's mascot. It showed the US of course the American Eagle, USS all the Russian bear. But for CEO, it showed the riot police because they was rioting this bad. This is nothing more than a continuation of more North Koreans trying to convent South Koreans. And now, like you said earlier, this love with socialism and being you know, the rich don't pay that fair share. Well, that's why I'm for North Korea propaganda. So if they're not surprised if they're trying to stick people in with these crazy activists, because we're not. But what we do over here is amplified what they do over there with activism, and they're rioting and protest. So the North Korean president is like, no, I'm not even having this because that because people don't know they're still at war. Yes, you know, people don't know that it's an artist it's over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, they're just they're currently in a standstill. So yeah, and it's a form you can't. You can't martial law like just like that, you know, latterly, especially when people within your own party were willing to also fight their way into the parliament, like you didn't read the room and vote against.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was saying what he did was right. No, let me make sure you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. His own people voted against him too, so.
Speaker 3: Part, well, yeah, that is true because there was unanimous don't do this. But people have to understand that what's been going on in South Korea for so long, with these riots and protests and historians getting over in the nineteen eighties, Oh my god, people will.
Speaker 1: Stay seventy nine, some of those same provocateurs a couple with all that cult stuff. I mean, that was that led to that assassination attempt and the previous martial law implementation there. So you're right, it's been going on for a very very long time. But you know, this guy, maybe he should have called some of the folks in his party and been like, hey, if I do this thing, you'd be cool with that, because it doesn't look like he did it. And now, and and the hit they took with intra day or inter day whatever the part of the day trading is on their own current. She was brutal. If you shorted the what what is it over I don't even know what it is over there with their currencies, But if you shorten their currency, yes, today, any timed it right. You made a lot of money. I made a lot of money. I know. No, it's not the dong that's Vietnam. I wish it was because then we could say that again. Seven forty seven raced ag X here no money needed, free weather or the asking no read ahead, sir, Yeah, yeah, cold.
Speaker 5: Some have dipped into the upper teens.
Speaker 1: Most of us near twenty are just.
Speaker 5: Above this cold air mass retreats, but another one's going to replace it, and by Friday morning we're just as cold once again. So we'll have a good looking day. It's a beautiful morning, but it is cold, upper forties this afternoon tonight in the thirties, so with the southwest flow out ahead of the next system, it is milder, and then we'll get to the upper forties, low fifties tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The winds are going to gus.
Speaker 5: There are some wind advisories the further west you go, and then the cold war comes in, and by Friday morning, as I said, we are probably in the upper teens to low twenty again and only in the upper thirties to low forties in the afternoon, So cold Friday coming in cold Friday night. Saturday, we'll start getting milder in the upper forties Sunday close to sixty as we quickly jump, so milder weather. And next week Casey does look like it's going to be milder and a little damp too, as we'll get some wet weather in here. Doesn't look like any wintery precpt. Maybe in the mountains, but uh, you know, after a cold week this week overall, I think we'll see some mild the air come in ACC Championship Saturday night. It's gonna be cold, so bundle up and no precpt. Better think the winds are going to die down.
Speaker 1: You anticipated my follow up question. Oh okay, an old group of guys, I know they've been on. Okay, tell they're all going down. They're all excited. So yeah, all right, anyway, thank you very much, sir, appreciate it, all right, and we will be right back. Hang on about Arizona State University professor Crystal Jackson. Uh, let's see, what do you need to know about Crystal? Does she have those oddly oversized glasses And I've never seen in a store anywhere, and yet these cats always find them. Yes, purple hair check, andy check check pronouns they she so AnyWho? Uh she has? Uh, she's she staked out a pretty interesting position. We're just reading the headline. Arizona State professor says stopping sex trafficking is anti immigrant, racist, and transphobic. She's come out pro sex trafficking I'm I'm not saying this is why martial law happens, but like you're surrounded by insane people and she's influencing kids in Arizona State.
Speaker 2: All right, imagine she's watching take it and she's like on the side of the sheek.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeahs like girls a new job, you live on a yacht. Why would you stand in her way? Never mind she was kidnapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we considered his point of view. You know, we need like a wick for the she from taking the Sheik from taking the guy showed up to the sex slave auction to buy himself an eighteen year old girl from California.
Speaker 1: That that wan that chic I got right there? Okay, well you know what, I bet Sheiking is very busy, right, you got a sheic, your chic it all day doing chic stuff, got chic meetings shes. This is why you always see them working so hard on the on the boat. But okay they don't so but he's a busy dude doing all the king. Do you think he's got time to go out and kidnap his own sex slaves? No, you go to a wholesaler, you absolute lunatic? All right, explain to me because we're not talking. And then immediately she goes into this thing. I wish there was audio, but it's part of a cloud. The thing she teaches. It's literally in a PowerPoint document. What is it? What is this damn thing called? Well, anyway, it doesn't matter. But basically, basically this is this is something that she's she didn't just say, she put together as a lesson plan. There is a point that I'm trying to make. Here we go queer ex faculty flash talks event. All right, So in addition to that, the speech or the speech or the presentation includes, let's see condemnation of the anti trafficking movement due to the devian framing of sex workers. They're not sex workers by choice when you're talking about this. Okay, here's the thing. If if some twenty five year old chick wants to go to Las Vegas and apply the oldest trade over there, I think the majority of Americans, unless it's in their neighborhood, outside of moral or religious objections, don't see it as the biggest issue going. Say an article about this, Arizona State Professor, Uh, it's saying that sex traffic, the stopping of sex trafficking is anti immigrant, racist, and transphobic, Okay, since we're seemingly not going to delineate one adults versus children or even adults. But who are are being are are in it for under duress, okay, and the and there is a line there. There are people like there are people that you and you've seen it on maybe you wouldn't believe it unless you've seen the only fans. There are a lot of people who are perfectly comfortable working in that industry. And if that's what they want to do legally, that's one thing. And nobody's sports. That is one thing, right, and they can go to the bunny ranch or one of the others or whatever. But that's we're talking about. We're talking about people, most of them foreign in this case, who are brought here. And yes, there are some who may work in the sex industry in the country they're from where, you know, in a lot of places where it's legal where these folks come from, and then they come to the US and if they're willing to do the work there, they want to do the work in the US because a lot more money to be made, right. But also there's people who out of sheer desperation, make these deals with the devils man, and as a result, they are literally paying for services, coyote services, or there are debts that are owed by their family and now that's duress man. They get them to the US. If you've never seen some of these places in like Texas, at Arizona, New Mexico down by the border, even California where they have these they bring they bring these women in and then they stick them in a house generally you know, kind of in a more rural area, and that's what they do all day. And if they try to leave, good luck. Their families could get killed. If they try to leave and or disobey, they're threatened with essentially removal. We'll just hand you over to authorities. And while that may be a more empty threat now because literally we look at stuff like this, this what this woman is saying that needs to go, would would open that faucet wide open. Here we go. Sixty four percent of women traffic for exploit exploitation are forced into this into sex slavery, so not even the majority of them that they talk to once they bust these places claim that in any way, shape or form, they agreed to this or at the very least agreed to whatever it turned into. And this lunatic is like, no, no, what you gotta do is you got to stop the human trafficking groups because they're quote anti immigrant, racist and homophobic. So how does she want to fix it? Because she wants them to get rid of the foster It's called the FOSTA Act and there's another one too, but basically those are the laws. One is the online foster is the online one, and then the trap here it is Trafficking Victims Protection Act. So she wants those out because those are racists. So how would it work. Well, she says that first we need a full decriminalization of sex work first and foremost, and now that it would be then be legalized. Here's how it would work. A person in the United States could sponsor, just as if you were hiring a pitcher for your baseball team or you're a staff or like an old Brucero program where we have these work permits, they could go and they could sponsor these. You know, a girl and I'm assuming guys as well, but primarily it's women from another country to come here to essentially be their sex slave or they're sex provider. Now, I know what you're saying, like, well, what about those guys go marry the Russian brides? I hear you, but that's not what we're talking about here, because under those programs, they got to marry him and then they got to go through special like visas and all of this stuff. Again, I watched my buddy marry a Canadian girl and I remember the process he went through with all this stuff, and it wasn't this lurid thing. They actually liked each other. So this is that's crazy. So instead of the instead of the pimp thing or the or the cartel, now they just have a legalized sponsor. Can I open it? Can I open an emporium on this stuff? Right? Well, little Baskin Robbins all the flavors kind of thing. Right. You see some guy pouring over his computer on my website. He's like, I don't know, Mexican or Italian and they're like, oh, you're ordering food. No, not exactly. So the thing is the reason for these for women any up in these situations and a lot of instances is because of that outside pressure. I just talked about where they owe a debt for essentially getting you know, getting people across into the United States and how they pay that debt. This is how they do it. So if if this is something that you're being forced to do, because now one of your relatives might find themselves essentially hung from a wire by an angry cartel to send a message to other people, you do what you do, but you do so under duress, and this doesn't solve any of that. Also, if that person was to come here and then quit or raise alarm because you've now actually communicated those two laws because they're quote unquote races, then that person would just be like anybody, like anybody else who had a visa to work in the United States or a visa to go to college in education, then to stop doing it, you would be subject to removal. That's a that's a ten year college professor right there. That's the absolute lunacy that I hope that the Trump administration was some of the stuff that they're wanting to do, like bringing in was it Corey di'angelo to help purge and the way that they'll purge it is that if you're if you're if you're getting a bunch of tax dollars and you're doing things that are inherently illegal in some instances, but at the very least are detrimental to the idea of going and getting, you know, a further in education. I saw a stat This is a crazy stat. Do you know from the National Institute of Health the percentage of the allocated dollars that went to far left ideological things ten years ago versus today, specifically surrounding a lot of the transgender stuff. Do you know what the percentage of fundy from the National Institute of Health, which is you know, gives these grants for medical research and for things like, you know, things along those lines. It was point three percent ten years ago. It's now a third of the grants that they make. Do you think do you think that's a do you think that that is a proper use of it? Or is it a show that's turned into just a big slush fund for all of this stuff. The answer is the second one. So if you can better control of those dollars go, then uh, maybe you don't empower this person like Crystal Jackson to go over there and speak so comfortable advocating for sex slavery openly and not worried that there would ever be consequences for that and the consequences or not she goes to jail. The consequences are that you normal people look at that and go, Dear God, that person's not teaching kids, are they Well, I'm not sending my kid there, or are my tax dollars aren't going to support that? Because I've never seen someone openly advocate for this in a position and to feel comfortable doing it like that is Uh, it's pretty wild to me, all right, eight fourteen Cacoday Radio program. Hang on all these cities who go and they waste all your money on stupid things like equity and diversity directors and pet projects, and you know, it never really funnels down in the way that it used to to things like public safety. And so then they got to figure out other revenue sources and never for a moment go hey, maybe we shouldn't spend so much damn money. So like a lot of places things are places that used to be free to park, well, let's go ahead and build people on those and employ a team of traffic cops to meter maids to make sure we're extracting the maximum amount of money and or penalty from somebody who just wants to pop in for five minutes and grab a sandwich at some downtown business, which, by the way, is now being impacted because of the parking fees because it makes people less likely to want to come there. City of Rochester, here we go, it was time to go ahead and start draining motorist wallets. So they went and they utilized their own system kind of, and they created these QR codes. Now, why do you think using QR codes, which I think there's a QR code on the Raleigh one too, but it's plate derivative and you do it on the machine here, so they didn't have to have the individual mechanized parking meters. They have QR codes and then you scan the QR code and you pay completely online, which you can do with some of the other meters, but there's also the option to do it at point of meter. What do you think immediately happened? These geniuses never for a moment it across their mind that some dude who is a scam artist, all he had to do was in the middle of the night go and cover the QR sticker with all of his own stickers. So they implement the program in the city's like, why isn't money coming in and they read in this one section, this one area of Rochester, because almost immediately somebody went and checked the QR codes and it turns out of the seven hundred meters in one of the busiest areas, he selected twenty on this block, put his own sticker on, and everybody's been paying out of this and it's all you know, it all goes to a payment site that's from like Romania or something, so they can't figure out who did it. And now they're like, well, what are we gonna do with the Just keep covering up the QR codes. I don't know, maybe not harassed people want to go to your downtown that you're trying to revitalize, you absolute lunatics. Maybe spend your money a little more. Uh, I don't know, respectfully, precisely and in the interest of your actual citizenry. Just a theory. So this is pretty crazy. Then get into this here book. Oh come on, there you go, all right. I don't know what. I don't know what to believe. What do you receive the YMCA song as Is it a gay anthem? Is it just a fun thing to dance to? Is it a song that Trump uses on the regular, which it is. Yeah, But you know, what's what's your perception of the village people. I think most people most people think of when they think of the village people, they think of obviously YMCA and all that stuff, and in the Navy and all the rest, But they think of it as something that was at the very least embraced by the gay community. That's undeniable. So I find it interesting. And I don't have beef with this dude in any way, shape or form. I just find it interesting because they kind of tried to drag him into the the anyone, anyone who has even anything that they unknowingly is utilized by anyone around Trump. What is the what's the first thing the media and these activists do. They call the person like, we're all gonna we're never gonna buy your music again. If you don't stop him, can't do it. And then you get these stupid artists like Dave Grohl who come out who I had a lot of respect for and I have zero respect for now that and the whole wife thing, but that's another story, come out and they lie to you and they go, we didn't give permission, Yes you did, you did because you participated in the licensing of your music with ASKAP or BMI, and as a result, you did that so you didn't have to individually work out license deals with radio stations and live venues and all of the things, because it's a complex process and people should be paid for their work. And this is the best scenario. But you you did it. And as a result, the Trump campaign, like that bar down the street who wants to have a music license, or this radio station, well maybe not this one we're talking, but you get the gist. They go and they do licensing deals and then they do so through these the big licensing groups as CAT, BMI, and there's some smaller ones. But and that's how it goes. And so nobody broke any law. Nobody did anything. You were having to do a little show for you know, some of your hardcore moon that people who you've overestimated as being your only fans, and you then alienate other people. It's wild to me. So when Victor Willis, who is a founding member of the Village People, he was the cop I guess.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They started getting into him because Trump kept using YMCA and what they wanted is they wanted him to come out and go this, this will not stand, We will not allow this. And he went a very different direction. So he wrote a lengthy Facebook post yesterday explaining that the song was based on his perception of the YMCA. Says he grew up in uh in An oak Oakland or Sacramento, northern California, very black community, art part of the Oakland community, and h everyone in the neighborhood. We go to the YMCA, go to the YMCA, and it's and by the way, this isn't a black or white thing or rule or busy. We had a Wya Buffalo. Wyoming was very I don't know if it's still the same. They were very proud that they had the They were this town the smallest town in America with the YMCA. So we had a YMCA, and you know what everyone did. They went to the YMCA because you know, I basketball courts, had a pool, sauna, uh you know, do all that stuff, especially when the snow's falling. We were always over there, always over there. And so he's just saying, look, when I was a kid, me and the boys meaning me and my friends, we go to YMCA. We played basketball, we gamble, which I never did that at the YMCA. But sure, do what you want. That's what he's talking about. And he said that the reason he's not stopping Trump I was put in a nutshell is because everyone perceives it has been that it was a song written about guys who were going to the YMCA, and it's but it's a gay thing. And he's just like, it's not. But it's also is if you want it to be, can be whatever you want it to be. He goes, I just wrote a song and yes, obviously my writing partner is gay, and I don't remember how many of the village people are gay. But like he he doesn't see, he's doesn't have a beef. He just said, you all think this song is this one thing, and it's not. And so if Donald Trump's using in that capacity, it tells me that he understands it's just a song that makes you feel good. I think it's his last official state visit thing. I has decided to head to Angola, and yeah, so he's over there and I saw a little rundown of some of the stuff they were gonna, you know, the reason for the season over there. But yesterday it is a little press conference. There was another item. I didn't realize he was going to be doing. And I'm just gonna warn you when I played the audio, you gotta have some questions as to why this is the thing he's doing, and especially if you know you're if you have any knowledge of what has transpired in western North Carolina, which I'm assuming almost everyone does. So with that in mind, what is Biden overdoing in Angola well, among other things.
Speaker 6: Then no, that's the right thing for the wealthiest nation in the world to do. And today I'm announcing over one billion dollars in new humanitarian support for Africans displaced from homes by historic droughts and food and security for you know, African leaders and citizens are seeking more than just aid, you seek investment. So the United States is expanding our relationship all across Africa, from assistance to aid, investment to trade, moving from patrons to partners. Help bridge the infrastructure gap. I was told, by the way, when I got elected, I could never get an infrastructure bill passed.
Speaker 1: And by the way, what does your infrastructure bill have to do with Angola? I guess would be that, Quie, there are a lot If anyone ever want to have an honest conversation about why Africa lags and eliminate the human part of it. Okay, right, eliminate that, Eliminate you know, generational poverty, eliminate, eliminate all of these things. Just look at the land. Africa is not set up to flourish and facilitate large scale economic growth because of the geography. They do not have for the most part, they do not have deep water ports. They have the largest amount of landlocked countries, and a lot of that is in force militarily and and quite brutally. But that's the human part again. So let's just go back to the geography. Other than the Nile, they do not have navigable rivers for any extensive lengths of stretches. And in fact, excuse me, the largest amount, the largest other river there, the Congo River, while it has the capacity for most of it has such a steep because what Africa is once you just get in about one hundred miles is it's a giant butte i guess or plateau. And so the problem you have is that these rivers when they're making their final runout, they're not subtle, they're not slow, and so it it is a recipe to make things more difficult. The Mississippi River might have been one of the largest reasons the US was so prosperous. It's if you were to put a piece of land together and ask for all the stuff that you want to facilitate growth and expansion of that land. You would want one deep water ports, and you would want large internal ports so that you can expand and build things, which are East Coast provides. In fact, I saw a stat that if you get up around Hampton Roads and all the Chesapeake and you just count the shoreline for all of that up there, there is more shoreline just in that span of the Chesapeake up to and including what you have to go all the way up in like Philadelphia and everything, and it was the James River. But if that whole area right there, there is more, there's more harbor space, a coastal space. So it has to be coast, but it has to be to have the facility for a boat to literally pull up to it in that area than on the entire continent of Africa. And we had that, and then we have internally we have all this land with a navigable river in it, so you can go, you can take a boat up to about Saint Cloud, Minnesota. If you want to lock through everything but get north of the Twin Cities all the way down obviously to the Gulf of Mexico. That's huge and that is what spurs economic growth and allows infrastructure all of these things. So with that in mind, you could have that adult discussion or or you just throw more money at it with minimal oversight. And I don't know what the answer is, but this type of infrastructure, like that train they want to put across Africa, that thing is going to be a criminal nightmare from various groups who don't want it, who will exploit or utilize it. And frankly, every section of it that they've done so far has not worked real well because you still have to have the stuff. You got a ship. And I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that you're flying all the way to Angola, sir. To stand there and start it off by talking about a billion dollars for storm victims? What do you think people in North Carolina think about that? Who are even sympathetic to people in Angola in other parts of Africa. It's it again, it's this disconnect where it's the five thousand dollars a dipen for people who came here illegally, and you just took it on the road, says, take this show on the road. If we want to irritate some people, that should be people should be angry about that. No, what are they angry about? Donald Trump joking about Canada being the fifty first state and then posting dumb memes of him standing on the top of a mountain which looks to be in the Alps, because I think that's the thing that's mom blanc in the distance. It would be old Canadian flag and a smile on his face. That's what you're mad about. And then you're and then you're on talk shows talking about it. Bernie Sanders is taking it. You know, Oh you can't do that. Here's why. Well, one, yeah, you end up on the Canadians. But two, if they offered you Canaday, you should probably think about it. I don't know if you know this. They're the second largest in land area and you would control essentially essentially thirty to forty percent of the Arctic at that point, or at least the passable portions of it. That's huge, right, you know that the big you know that the big plan as as things continue to change from a glacial standpoint and a freezing standpoint, We're not gonna get an argument over who's who's causing this or that. The reality is the things change, right, things changed, Areas then get warmer, and then they get cooler eventually, and then it freezes up more. They're on the cusp up there of being able to have a shipping lane that's pretty reliable and that's where people are going to go through. And in fact, Alaska may have been the single smartest thing that the US has ever acquired if that's the case, because they would have a we would have a near monopoly on the facilities, which would essentially be the you know, the touchoff point for the Western hemisphere, and that includes all of the all of the the repackaging, the loading, unloading of cargo ships and then sending out other cargo ships. It it eliminates a lot of the monetary stuff that goes to Panama now, so they're not happy, but the US would get that and we would essentially control shipping lanes, which is very powerful, very powerful if you're Panama on you tell a country that they can't cross through the canal or if you control the canal system up there in Turkey and you won't let you won't let any US military ship pass through there, which is currently the law up there. Meanwhile, Russia can bop around up up up above of the passage do whatever they want, terrorize people. Well, the US would have that level of control, Like there's a lot of really crazy interesting discussions gonna be had here. And meanwhile you're handing out money while some lunatic in western North Carolina it's like, well, we can't let people live in these houses because they're not They don't even get a certificate of occupancy. But what do they just want to live there for a month now? And their homage built? Like what do the homist know about? Like I listen to lunatics like that, you're in Angoli? Give them money away?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do doesn't care. Man, he has he has lost the ply lost a plot a while ago, and now it's it's like it's like the like the vengeance Tour, except I'm subconscious. I even don't think he knows he's doing it any who. All right, eight forty four raced Agic Weather Channel. He's uh, he's here with us let's chat with him. How are you doing, sir? We're doing all right? So cold, yeah, getting better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and another shot comes in later tomorrow for Friday morning and Friday and then it gets better. I think next week really is going to be where we see the noticeable changes now looking at milder week, a damp week with in some spots Tuesday maybe seventy so yeah, maybe seventy a triangle. Yeah, so you know, Raleigh, Durham in and around Fayetteville temperatures upper sixties near seventy. So in the short term, it's still more seasonable than we've been as it's cold this morning, but we will get probably to the upper forties today most spots and then low fifties tomorrow. Now, tomorrow morning's a big changes to mid upper thirties for overnight low. So take a look right now. Yeah, you're probably mid upper twenties in most spots. And then as I said, the winds will start to pick up. Will be southwest at first tomorrow afternoon and then shift around to the northwest and the front will come through, and Friday morning we're back to where we are this morning, so you know, don't put that heavy jacket too far away and only near forty on Friday Saturday, close to fifty upper forties to mid forties for most of US. Mid upper fifties on Sunday and Sunday, and then Monday the chance of showers with the sixty degree temperatures come back. Tuesday at chance of showers, as we're probably going to get once again close to the mid upper sixties, maybe seventy with enough sunshine. I think later in the week we'll see more precent maybe a heavier rain event around Wednesday Thursday.
Speaker 1: But as I.
Speaker 5: Mentioned, early next week, middle of next week, damp, milder, and then we may turn slightly cooler toward the end of the week.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you sir, appreciate it. We'll chant see you, okay, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next hang on Cacoda Radi program Bloomberg News Now with Jeff Bellinger. Jeff, what's happening? Well morning, casey.
Speaker 7: Stock market futures of look good all morning at Dow futures or up two hundred ten points, could see early rally A private sector employers continued to hire last month. ADP reporting this morning that one hundred forty six thousand workers were added to pay rolls in November, just a little shy of the one hundred fifty thousand expected by economists. A majority of American workers receive pay increases over the last twelve months, according to Bankrate, but a lot of people still say their wages have yet to catch up with inflation. Just over sixty percent of the workers' survey said their earnings have improved, either because they earned a raise or they switched to a better paying job. Campbell shares are lower in pre market trading. The soup company's latest quarterly sales fell short forecasts, and its chief executive is leaving to.
Speaker 1: Run a football team.
Speaker 7: Mark Klaus will become president of the NFL's Washington Commanders. The E coli out break that hit McDonald's in late October is officially over now. The Centers for Disease Control made.
Speaker 1: The declaration yesterday.
Speaker 7: Air Helps twenty twenty four, ranking of the world's best and worst performing airlines, is out. Two US carriers are among the top five. United As ranked third, American came in fourth, Jet Blues in the bottom fifty, and Casey Minuscule appetizers showing up on the menus at some high end restaurants. In what the Wall Street Journal says is a new trend ingredients such as caviare and truffles are incorporated into tiny portions that can sell for as much as thirty dollars. And because they're too small to share, every customer has to order.
Speaker 1: His or her own.
Speaker 7: So it's a good deal for the restaurants.
Speaker 1: I'll bet it is, all right, look good for them. So thank you very much, Jeff, Do appreciate it. Wele chat tomorrow, sir. Okay, have a good date, all right there you Jeff Ellinger, Bloomberg News. Oh no oh no, oh no oh. I just looked at the both of them. Uh, sorry, you gonna make this ross this problem? Do do?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Ross? I just sent you a link to a story there, buddy, you should open that cracked that bad way open right there. Well, I tell people what's going on. A man and woman we're on a road trip. Now. It was a they describe it as a reconciliation road trip. Right, they had previously been a thing thinking about getting back together. And uh, and they're driving on I eighty five. They're in Georgia and the mood hits and why not. You know, they're trying to get back together, maybe said the old flame was rekindled. And so they did what most of us would do. They decided they were going to make a little pit stop. No not at a roadside motel or anything like that. No not. We've been parked I guess maybe oddly in the back of a rest stop somewhere, which probably isn't a good idea, but at the very least, if it's maybe you get away with it now. No, no, no, They pulled into the Raceway gas station and then just got went to town man. According to officers, you know, people could see what was going on in there, so by the time they responded, they located a white female on top of a black female and each of their parts. See, initially they identified the one as a man, and it turns out it was actually a woman and whatever. But yeah, you also can't do it in the middle of the Raceway parking lot at a gas pump by my dad at a seven in the evening. People will notice, they will notice these things ross you know where I never heard this thing happening, never heard a story about this happening at a BUCkies. He's go into those beautiful restroom there and take one of those RIVD booze. Yeah, hicized doors.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, yeah, he So look at the mugshot here, you said, yeah, and I tweeted this sound the show count of Casey and the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hat some thoughts.
Speaker 2: She she is a very old looking forty nine.
Speaker 1: I was I was just at age. Yeah, that's why. That's why I made that noise right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because at first I saw this and I was like, I thought, I thought the story was going to be that the uh, you know, the the the person had sex with like an eighty year old or something. She looks super old, like she's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh yeah, and her her her her friend is thirty seven, and that looks like an old thirty seven too. But you're right now, it's it's been a rough I don't know, I don't know. And you know what, here's the thing. I don't want to pick on her for the old stuff. Probably a lot of drug use. You can't do that. The raceway parking lot people are gonna notice, They're going to say things. That's not even the creepiest picture we have. Have you guys seen the CGI pictures of I guess what they're going to go with for the dwarfs for the Snow White movie, which is now up to like a half billion dollars. And uh, why that one dwarf is Tommy Lee Jones is wrong?
Speaker 2: It's Tommy Lee Jones with a super big nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did we do? So you guys, you got you're brought in all these artists. You spent another two hundred million in CGI for Tommy Lee Jones with a giant nose. Meanwhile, Peter Dinklige basically a kneecapped all the other uh you know, workers who would normally have these roles, and it forced Disney into there, and that's, you know, that's got to be one of the sweetest money making gigs if that's physically a role that you you would you could function in because you are a dwarf for a little person or any of the rest, and they just want to act in. Dinkledge man, he he got in there and established himself as as the you know, the go to actor of that genre and then basically pulled up the little ladder behind him