Speaker 1: He'll be like a go be beer. The music not playing. Couldn't holp the music was playing. It's the Internet. You're busy. Let's do this for August fifteenth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings, Live with me Jeff Grubb. Today, Dragon h four gets a release date, so does Plucky Squire, and are more Xbox games headed to PS five, Kent? Almost certainly? But first please join me and welcome today's co host the Game Mess Mornings. It's Janet Choa. Everybody, Jan how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm buzzing with excitement. Jeff Grubb, I have never I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm ready to protect the hive, oh honey, and me too. I'm just always looking forward to just a flying with my homie here. And that's what we're doing today. Queen Queen Bee, he's up in this business. Here we are.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna announce this now, all right, I'm just gonna we actually this ideas.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: We haven't cleared this with anyone Else's just via Jan Riffing on a Thursday morning in two weeks August twenty six.
Speaker 1: We're putting a gat on it. Hell yeah, let's fucking go.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, folks, we're gonna rip the band aid off. It's gonna be Bee Week here a Giant Bomb. That's right, every stream, it's gonna be b.
Speaker 1: Related Themed week. You're on Giant Bomb. You know, Shark week, it can go to screw itself. It's not actually it's shark weight. It's all about Bee week now here on Giant Bomb.
Speaker 2: That's right, show me some bees and chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, okay, maybe we got to have a buck bumble emote right, Probably maybe not.
Speaker 2: We surprisingly don't, surprisingly don't yoh okay.
Speaker 1: We're also next week while these folks or in Germany will be doing a guest we're gonna be playing a lot of scary games and stuff. So Themed Week's coming up. Everybody. We just like this idea, I really do. I'm very excited about it. A couple things, Jim. It was brought to my attention by Christian from Argentina that Dan, who was in a hotel in Europe, is saying as Ac isn't working very well. Do you think it's possible that he doesn't know it's celsius.
Speaker 2: That hasn't occurred to me.
Speaker 1: It did not to me either, and now I'm very excited about the possibility.
Speaker 2: Huh uh. Well, I mean I would assume that I we've heard from us oh my god, oh right, because he's probably setting in like sixty and that would be very hot. Our peers from the you know, across the pond have said that there are there are hotels with ac they're just not built very well, I guess, but that is a distinct possibility.
Speaker 1: I god, I need to know. I need I mean, I need to assume he like he would see the sea and be like, oh, yeah, whatever, I'll just set it to its lowest. But there is a possibly it's like, well, I mean, I don't know what we need to set air conditioning when it's set to celsius to like be cold, but like set it to fifteen you'd be like, well, that's way too cold. I don't want this to be an ice box. That could occur to him.
Speaker 2: I would assume though, that Dan would just like see the celsius and just like jam that as low as as.
Speaker 1: As possible, right, because it's a hotel. Yeah yeah right, Yeah, maybe the numbers throwing him off. But I would assume that that's what he did. We need to know it. You know, he's he's in London and that place is run down, right, I don't know they they they don't have anything there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: They don't even drink water in Europe, so I don't think that not working well that makes a lot.
Speaker 2: It's going to be great for Mike Manatti since they don't drink water.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yes, Oh he's gonna love that. The no hair condition will kill them, but he'll just be happy. He'll die happy knowing that no one's drinking water. The other thing I did post on Twitter that we got denied a review code because we missed an appointment. I'm never going to say the game doesn't matter, it was totally our fault, but I'm just like sitting there thinking, I'm like, God, I really do respect that. I'm like the fact that like, hey, can we get this code to do some work so we can cover your game or whatever, like this is the job. And they're like, you've missed an appointment so we couldn't get approval. I'm like, yeah, sounds right. It's like, it's totally a reminder of like the relationship we have here and that so many people have this idea in their head that it's, you know, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. If we get review codes, we're gonna get those clicks and we'll get the money. And that just isn't for one thing isn't real too, is not something that I've ever thought about. And what we actually think about is like, oh, I'm working at a corporation and I'm talking to another person who's working at a corporation, and all they're really asking for is for me to respect their time and not like waste it like we like I did when we missed the appointment. So I don't know, I just again really respect it. It was a power move, but one that was deserved and earned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I respect it. I respect it as well. You know what, I get it, We get it exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's going forward. I'm going to be a little bit more mindful. I had consequences and now I will improve my behavior. That sounds nice to me. We'll try to do it.
Speaker 2: Consequences for our actions grow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, Right's the That is one thing I am worried about, though, is telling people that consequences like is the thing to get me, is the way to get me to do things? And I already saw like Tinsley, who's another PR person in the industry, Stephanie Tinsley, was like, Oh, this is how it works. Huh. I'm like, oh shit, never mind. Please don't give me more consequences because that actually will get me to change my behavior and I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Don't tell our expenses departments that there should be consequences.
Speaker 1: No, let's spare them. Let's keep them out of the loop. All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I, Jeff Greb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game mess Mornings, or find the RSS on gimebomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have plenty to get into. So let's start the morning mess with Dragon Age the Veilguard launches October thirty first. This is confirmed, all right, this might not be confirmed, but they are going to confirm it today. This leaked a little bit early. Salamano at Gamatsu has it. Dragon Age the Vailguard will launch for PlayStation five, Xbox Series, and PCVA Steam an Epic GameStore on October thirty first, according to a leaked video advertisement. This sounds about right Halloween. You're gonna be playing this now. It's an EA game. I think for all their big games, they do the thing where it's like, we spend one hundred dollars, you get it five days early, so people will be playing it on like the twenty sixth or something like that. But yeah, I don't know, it seems like a fair enough time. I you know, it's always weird, like releasing a game that's not a horror name on Halloween, but whatever like that. The next day will not be Halloween anymore, in the game will still be on sales, so completely fair. Are you excited? Are you ready for this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I was initially off put by the sudden name change, and it felt like a weird move to do, but I think we've all bounced back from that and have just been okay with whatever the Veilguard is supposed to be. Every trailer I've seen since then, every news update, I've been more and more interested. And I blame Lucy James for this because of her Dragon Age perversion. That's right, and I grub Do you think I have to dip back into the original Dragon Ages to appreciate this one? Or it seems like I can. I'm able to just dive into this like Sight Unseen the most part.
Speaker 1: The way it seems to me is that if you are at all familiar with Inquisition, you're probably gonna be good with this one. There's definitely gonna be stuff that like carries through all of the games, especially lorewise, But if you like, like brush up on what happened in Inquisition, you'll be fine to just hop in here, okay. And I think you know, Inquisition was one of those games that came out in that year where it was a little bit of a lighter year, and it kind of won some Game of the Year awards, and it's a good game, but I don't think it was anyone really felt like it was a great playing game. There's still be people who love it and love the story and love the characters and want to spend more time in that world and all that's true. But you can get all of that again by maybe watching a YouTube recap and then carrying that stuff forward into the Vailguard.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully our friends at GameSpot are working on that, so I can just watch that exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can usually count on them for something like that. I also think that this new trailer here, which people who are watching the big version are seen, looks more in line with what I think people want from Dragon Age. This is not the cinematic a tone piece that they did the style piece. I suppose even at Summer game Fest where it was there was some pop song playing and the characters looked different than they actually look in model in the game. This looks like a cut scene from the game, and I think everything looks pretty good. What do you How do you feel about the presentation of this trailer. I think I feel fine for the most part.
Speaker 2: Grub. I will say though, that because branding is so strong, I am initially off put when I see the logo all in purple, because my mind has grown to associate Purple with Saints.
Speaker 1: Row sure and the Third Street Saints are going to be in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last Saints throw left such a bad taste in my mouth that like, I somewhat recoil when I see that. But it's like, oh, dragon Age, Okay, cool, people like dragon Age.
Speaker 1: Yep, Yeah, this looks promising. But October thirty first out for you know, the the systemic systems next to new gen systems. I should say I have it on my Fantasy Critics, so I hope it's good. I also hope it's good for everyone who likes Dragon Age. I will probably get into this one. I played some Dragon Age Inquisition. I don't know if I ever got out of the hinter lands. Is that what it was? I think maybe I got a little bit out of it, But I did not like complete that game in any way, shape or form. But I always like think Dragon Age is interesting even from the like the origins definitely had like a lot of cool intrigue in politics happening in its lore that I found fascinating. And then I look at this game, and as much as I do like turn based combat, the action combat in here looks pretty good. Someone mentioned in chat mentioned it looks a lot like D and D. It looks like a lot like a live action D and D like adaptation in some ways, you know, I'm sorry, not live action, but real time combat adaptation of the D and D systems, And that seems promising too, So I don't know, look forward to it.
Speaker 2: D and D is you know, in a major, major upswing all over again, grub ye. John Barnhals into it video.
Speaker 1: What's really good?
Speaker 2: The D and D movie is surprisingly pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's one of those movies that I'm like, anytime I get in the mood to watch it, and I'm like, I don't know, I think I'm going to watch the rest of that or watch it again and stuff like that. So yeah, all right, let's move along here. Rumor is that a new Xbox game will arrive on PlayStation next week. This is from Alex Hopley at Game Reactor. Whether you like the decision or not, it's pretty clear by now that Xbox is quite happy to let games that were previously only available on its console and Windows PCs to head to other platforms, and now a new game could be lined up to jump to PlayStation and a thread on reset Era, a user asked known insider Shanoby six zero two when the next round of fourty games would be coming, to which Shnoby responded by saying, what are you doing next week? A clear indication of when we might see more games at least announced for PS five, and it's worth noting that Shnoby went on to clarify that he doesn't know we're getting multiple ports, but there's at least one game in there. Speculation initially pointed to the game being Fortsaw Horizon five, but jez corton a Window Central believes that isn't the case, so it seems speculation remains up in the air for what the game could be. Yeah, more games are going to come to PS five. They've kind of been mostly clear about this. Obviously. They've had some sort of like back and forth when they talk publicly, but whenever we hear about the conversations happening internally at Xbox and Microsoft as a whole, it's hey, why not everything? And then there's some pushback against that. But there's no it doesn't seem to any indication that there's something where it's like, well, no, no more games should go to PS five. They're at least considering some more games coming to PS five, so not Forts the Horizon, at least according to jezz that. Honestly, I'm like, why not Forts Horison. That's a game of franchise that they have to take off of sale after a few years because of licensing cars and all that, all that stuff, So you're getting closer and closer to that. Why not sell that game right now on PlayStation could even more money. Let that team work on something even bigger next time. But I don't know, what do you think? And you think it could be something as big as Halo, Starfield, something smaller.
Speaker 2: Portso was honestly the first guess I had until I kept reading with the story, just because there are like the Grand Tarisma audience is like a pretty big audience that remains relatively quiet, and then like another car perversion game could could really appease that audience grub I could. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that Halo wasn't part of the first wave, but I could see Halo being part of that just to try and boost that that install base. I could Starfield, I don't know, because I feel like that would have they would have to do a lot of work to that game to get it to go on the PS five. My shot in the dark here is Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Speaker 1: I like that answer a lot. Flight simulator sounds like a real possibility, because yeah, why not? Who cares about that one at all? In terms of like, oh, it's I can play on my PS five it's a PC game, Let's be real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean imagine that with PSVR two and that seems like a no brainer to me. I don't know if Microsoft is intentionally possibly doing PlayStation a solid there, but flight sim I think would be great. Only PS five. God, but what else does Microsoft have?
Speaker 1: Do we see? Like an old Gears collection? Yeah, the Gears collection has been rumored for a long time. That feels like, you know, they definitely have that New Gears coming at a certain point. One way to get people excited about that New Gears is a really good Gears collection, which I think makes sense. But I've never heard one way or the other about that existing for real. People are in chat we're mentioning a rare replay that is a little bit tougher because that's not even on PC, right, and I would love it on the switch or PS five whatever, but I would love it on the Switch. But half of those games, around half of those games, but the big ones, the more recent ones, all use the Xbox backward compatibility thing where it's like the Okay, yeah, you have the game here, but it's going to launch that game using the Xbox xboxes like backward compatibility stuff, and then their emulation stuff for the N sixty four games, and so all that stuff kind of exists separate from the package of the game itself. So they would have to do even more work to get that working. And I don't know if they don't seem to have the appetite for that. Rare is busy, you know, making more content for CF thieves. Yeah, flight simulator seems reasonable to me. It could be some other smaller stuff. Exactly what that would be x They've already done the grounded and stuff like that, so I'm not sure what it would be exactly, but flight simulator sounds like a real possibility. And you know, the flight Simular twenty twenty four is coming out soon, has got twenty twenty four in the name, So yeah, that putting out what the original flight simulator on PS five right now to kind of help boost that. That seems to be in line with the strategy that they're going for here, which is number one, make more money by sowing these games to an audience on PS five that hasn't played them before, and number two, keeping some of these franchise is fresh in people's minds as we have new content similar to what PlayStation does with their PC releases, as they have sequels coming out to PS five.
Speaker 2: Right, is State of Decay exclusive t Xbox?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think State of Decay has come out on PlayStation yet. You know it's on PC, of course, but State of Decay two, Yes, State of de K two on PS five because State of K three also coming. That also makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we g We've seen that the PlayStation audience loves their very weird, hyper specific zombie games with that one motorcycle love zombie game. No, I forget about Sun's van Archy. The game I think is what Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Real quick Tam is out there putting on a brave face as Jamieah points out that rumored collection of Legacy of Cane games. It's confirmed now. It's from Evercade and it's a cartridge for the Evercaid handheld, which is pretty a pretty neat thing, but they put it on a cartridge or a card whatever, and it includes blood omen Legacy of Kane and Legacy of Kane Soul Reaver and you can play those games as together. There. It doesn't seem to be too much of a like remaster or anything, but hey, there's the Legacy of Kane collection for y'all. And Tam says he'll take it. He says, it's not what I expected, but I'll take it. So the number one Soul Reaver fan out there has given his blessing. That is, they're lucky over there at Crystal Dynamics. That he said that, so I'd be worried if he didn't.
Speaker 2: Is there a possibility of seeing Sunset Overdrive that maybe?
Speaker 1: I think that is something that they feel, like they said recently like they might not do that for some reason, but I you know, who knows what that. I could be misremembering that. And also maybe that doesn't mean exactly what I think it means, but that that is one that this at this point I think PlayStation does mostly own. I can't keep track of it because that's insomniac, right, And yeah, but Xbox published it, so there might still be some involvement there. That was one where it's like, oh, actually getting all that stuff lined up might be difficult and not worth it. And you know that game never sold great in the first place, but it's a possibility. I wouldn't hate it. I like that game, fine, I never loved it the way some people did.
Speaker 2: I know it's already out on the PS four But Psychonuts two.
Speaker 1: Psychonouts two, Yeah, no, Psychononts two did launch on PlayStation. That was one that was like, I think it was originally being published by someone else when Microsoft made the acquisition, so it came out everywhere. I think it was about yah yeah PS four, So maybe at PS five version. Is that what you're saying? Yes, yes, right, so yeah, I guess that could happen. Jason Fani says could be a help Blade two part. Honestly, why not give that game a little bit more love? I mean it was help Blade one was originally a PlayStation game, so there's gonna be people who are gonna want to, you know, finish the story. Probably Cody out there. Wait no, Hellway two. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's Cody's bag. Guy's probably not his bag.
Speaker 1: No, all right, that'll be today's poll question everybody, So let me know if you have any other options you want us to add to the poll when we get there. But yeah, that'll be the poll question that we'll have for tomorrow's show, all right. Moving on, Marvel Versus Capcom Fighting Collection. Potential release date briefly appears online before being deleted. This is from Jordan Midler at BGC. A potential release date for Marvel Versus Capcom Fighting Collection appeared online briefly before it was deleted. A release date of November twenty second was listed on the game's page on UK retailer Shop two before it was quickly remove. Before it was taken down, screenshots of the release date were posted on reset Era. VGC can confirm the legitimate legitimacy of the original listing. Whether the listing was changed due to inaccuracy or because Capcom has yet to announce a release date is unknown. The collection, which was announced earlier this year, will be released on Nintendo Switch, PS four and PC, but not Microsoft's consoles. Marvel Versus Capcom Fighting Collection will include X Men, Children of the Atom, Marvel Superheroes, X Men Versus Street Fighter Marvel Superheroes Versus Street Fighter, Marvel Versus Capcom, Clash of Superheroes, Marvel Versus Capcom two, New Age of Heroes, and The Punisher. Yeah, November twenty second sounds reasonable. We haven't heard a date for this yet, probably because it is coming much later in the year, and November twenty second, I know people know this is much later in the year, so that all lines up, I suppose, But it's just as likely that that's someone just throwing a date in there. That doesn't mean anything. But as with you know, we were saying, hey, next week for the Xbox game getting oounced PlayStation, there's a possibility that that and this maybe get announced that games come right.
Speaker 2: Mm, yeah, that's a strong possibility. Grub Gosh, I h I guess in my head I had only associated Marvel the Marvel versus Capcom games being part of this collection, and then a child like glee lit up inside of me when I saw Marvel Superheroes listed here.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I think that is pro probably responsible for a lot of people in our demographic Grub knowing or even learning what the heck Shuma Gorath is.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's a god. Yeah, that that's a good thing right there. It is an exciting collection, clearly one of the you know, Seawn's favorite moments like popping off for that, and I agree, But yeah, Capcom's got something here. They're gonna try to get it right, make sure that when it does come out people that is as good as it can be and people get a chance to get their hands on it. So yeah, I think we get to Opening Night Live at games Colm and this could easily be a really state for this would be another thing that'd be nice to have at a show like that. So uh, and Capcom, as much as it knows that it has the Fighting Game without Fighting Game audience's attention with this, uh, it would be it makes sense to then, Okay, let's go to that broader audience and try to take some of that excitement and enthusiasm and let it infect the wider audience that was paying attention to Opening Night Live because of Jeff Keeley. And I think that, yeah, it was a good strategy, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: I also think, you know, uh, we we've talked about Marvel's slump as of late, but Deadpool Wolverine, what is that movie actually called? Uh, Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said dead versus Wolverine, which isn't true. I don't know, that's what I assumed it was too for a second. It's something Yeah, just Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 2: All right, has kind of, you know, not done a dramatic one eighty, but uh, let's say a one seventy on the public reception of Marvel and along with all the announcements from this past comic Con that I could see this being a good dip into that renewed excitement as well as like capitalizing off of the nostalgia for these games and hopefully hopefully grub just introducing these to a whole new generation of like the FGC. I'd be super duper interested to see like what these young cats out there would do with an easier version of this game to play.
Speaker 1: And I hope it really is laying the oh, go ahead, what are you gonna say? Also X Men ninety seven, right right, That's what I was. Yeah, I think I hope this is laying the foundation for making new games based on this stuff. That is awesome. Now, if what came out of this was here is an X Men ninety seven game that we set a certain budget for and we spent two years making and it's but it has you know, the Capcom I'm shine to it right now, Like we're very versed in our technology, so we know how to make these games and we can kind of make it in a way that is reasonable. But here is an X Men ninety seven fighting game, and then you know, years later, now we're building on that, then we're making X Men versus Street Fighter again, even and then I just want them to actually get back to the path of making a lot of these games, not just here's your Marvel versus Capcom again, which I want them to do eventually, but I kind of want them to build up to that again and play around some of these smaller spaces a little bit first. You know, if it does come to here's the more likely scenario is here's just a new Marvel versus Capcom And is that even likely? But it's more likely to what I'm describing, And I would you find if that had a ton of references to stuff like X Men ninety seven in it. But I just think Capcom is in a space the way they're talking about their fighting games right now, where they're like, we want to bring back all of our classic fighting games. I hope that is. Then the next step is okay, so we've brought all these back now on these off years, kind of similar to what they do with Resident Evil. Here's something new and that's going to stoke the flames of the fighting game community for many years to come.
Speaker 2: John Drake, make it happen, please, yep, forget about quackshot. Just make this happen. Please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can quick quick quack shot in Marvel versus Capcom eventually, grub. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just popped myself in my head, but if I hear Uri Lowenthal say Maximum Spider, I will kind of lose my ship.
Speaker 1: That would be really cool. Yep. I don't know. There's just so much fun stuff they could do with that at this point, so I hope, and it seems like Capcom could very easily get back to that space.
Speaker 2: All right, I will buy a hit Not a hit stick, that's Madden. That's a truck stick. The truck stick.
Speaker 1: You'll find thing, the flat stick. Yes, a leverless fighting stick. Controller. Yes, yes, yes, those things are They rule and should get one.
Speaker 2: Brazer holler.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna take a quick break when we get back plenty more headlines, including the release date for The Plucky Squire. Right after this all right, we are back, and as promised, more headlines. The Plucky Squire release date is set for September. This is from Nintendo Everything. The Plucky Squire finally has a release date. It'll come to Switch and other platforms on September seventeenth, twenty twenty four. Publisher to Volver Digital, excuse me, and developer All Possible Futures announced today. The Plucky Squire was first revealed just over two years ago. While the action adventure title was originally slated for twenty twenty three, that didn't end up happening. The game later ended up being delayed to this year, and now it actually is coming out. This game is for people that don't remember, and I'll play the revealed trailer here for people watching. It's about. It's kind of that storybook looking game where there is a character literally in a storybook and he kind of runs around the pages. You can troll them in the pages and it looks great, but then he can jump out of the pages and into the room that the book is sitting in to jump to other like adventures and it looks incredible, and I've been looking forward to this for a while and it's like, Okay, it's finally here. It's really going to happen. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm super duper interested in this. I'm curious to see the different art styles that they've prepared. We've seen a couple of them when the plucky Squire dip out of the book and into the real world. Genuinely curious. Also, I love the style of game where it's like a Legend of Zelda esque God, it looks so pretty, it looks so cute.
Speaker 1: Really cute and pretty. It's you know, actually moving around the world. Those like a lot of games recently like thank goodness you're here, look like running around a oh this is neat. I actually I saw this, but I just reah with this is so good. It looks a lot like running on a cartoon network show. And now in this trailer, as he's revealing the date, he's just picking up items and putting the pieces together. So it's coming out September seventeenth, twenty twenty four. There you go, everybody. Yeah, I continue to be really into this whole idea. I'm glad that they are able to see it through and then it's not getting another delay, although I think Sean might have this on his Fantasy Critics, so I would have hated a delay. But here we are, Yeah, September seventeenth. I'll be looking forward to playing it then. Might have more to say about that game here pretty soon. Let y'all know, all right, Times Splitters for PS two or yeah, Times Splitters PS two trilogy arrives on PlayStation Plus next week. This is from Zack Swisen at Kotaku. The complete Time Splitters trilogy on PS two will soon be available to play on PS four and PS five later this month. On top of that awesome news, a solid list of older games like The Witcher three and Ride five will also be available at to PS plus Extra and Premium members next week. On August fourteenth, PlayStation officially announced the next round of PS plus Extra in premium games that will be added to the services game catalog. These new games will be available starting August twentieth. I'm really excited to see Times Splitters trilogy arrive on PS four and PSI as new PS two classics of the Times Splitters games are wonderfully fun sci fi shooters and and that feature awesome Golden I esque first person shooter combat, as well as some good jokes and gags. I have the full list of games here. We'll go over at Starting on August twentieth, PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium both will get the Witcher three, Wild Hunt Wildheart's Standard Edition. That's when we both enjoyed Cult of the Lamb Ride five, Watchdogs two, a bunch of sword Art online games. I guess yeah, Alasatian Lacrosse, the Courses, Last Recollection, those aren't real. That's those are definitely not real. Words a fatal bullet, hollow realization, Okay, whatever, and then Naruto Toburo Shinobi Striker. I just I really hate that his son's name is bo Rudeo.
Speaker 2: I hate saying it right, he hates his son too good.
Speaker 1: PlayStation Premium only will get VA Cation Simulator times, Twitters Times Twitters two times, Twitter's Future Perfect and then Art Sort Art Online Lost Song. So saving the best for last, I guess, yeah, that's great. I can't remember what PlayStation Network thing I have, PlayStation Plus thing I have. I definitely had to re up recently because we played a game online or I was doing something online on my PS five and I think I might have actually just gotten premium. I just bit the bullet the page that I'm not even got like a year of premium. So I have this, I should take advantage of it. I almost never get these games on PlayStation Premium, and I should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. As you know, every time we reached that point in each month where we go through the new titles available on PlayStation Premium and the whatever tiers are called, I keep being enticed of like, oh that's pretty good. Yeah, it's not bad. And I think the curation they're doing is pretty interesting as well. Like I've been kind of curious to dip into the Witcher. We were talking about Wildhearts like a couple of weeks ago. I feel like grub that's right. And then I had no idea there were this many sword art online games did not.
Speaker 1: Either, got it. I don't even know what a sword art online game looks like.
Speaker 2: And uh, I think for shoot, it's an Issa kai.
Speaker 1: That okay, that sounds familiar. For like the there's an anime, right sort and it is just called anime? Is also called sort art online? Is it is some one of your head explodes if you stop playing or something.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, okay, maybe it is yes, Oh gosh, all right, and oh do you know why? I know that?
Speaker 1: It's because, uh, a certain Paul ber Lucky was like, I want to make that real fucking weep, get a life loser? All right? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh lord, that fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm not gonna play any sword art online games. I'm sorry. I'm a grown man. Next up, Kingdom Come Deliverance To is delayed release date set for February twenty twenty five. This is from Eddie mcoo and Georgian at GameSpot. King To Cum Deliverance two's release date may have been leaked by a retailer, and it looks like it's slated for next year rather than twenty twenty four. According to best Buy, Kingdom Come Deliverance Too is set to release on February eleventh, twenty twenty five. While best Buy has since amended the listing and changed it to not announced, Walmart still has it listed for the same date as well. Update Embracer and developer war Horse have confirmed that Kingcome Deliverance To is now set for release on February eleventh, twenty twenty five. Well, fans will have to wait a while longer for the game. Warhorse will show off twenty plus minutes of footage at Gamescom next week and make various other announcements. Yeah, so we'll see more of this pretty soon. This will be another one that's going to be in opening that live that's been confirmed previously. Kingdom Com Deliverance was that sort of Skyrim inspired open world RPG but set in a historical setting, like an accurate world historical setting in medieval times. I guess I don't know Kingdom Come Times. I suppose it was interesting. I didn't really like work for me all that well, but that doesn't mean a sequel can't. We'll see. But yeah, they have a lot to prove and they have a chance to do it here, and delaying it a little bit probably makes some sense. It did seem like it was supposed to come out this year, I think they said that previously, but February. That does get it out of the way of a lot of games now. Although did you get the sense that in the next month or two jan the early parts of twenty twenty five are gonna get filled up real fast?
Speaker 2: Oh? One hundred percent grub, especially after Games Calm. I feel like we were talking on the BombCast that there's gonna be a Nintendo Direct coming up soon allegedly allegedly, folks don't Yeah, we don't know for sure, they put the keyboards away. But also like we have to see what the landscape of twenty twenty five will look like. People who trying to get out of the way of GTA six or just trying to delay games now and just move to that window to claim that spot before the calendar completely fills up. And it's already looking pretty full.
Speaker 1: Grub Yep, it's already looking pretty full. And uh yeah, that's how it goes though what you said there where It's just like we will get through these next few weeks like Opening Nightlife will probably be the start of it, where several of these games will get announced for February and March and April and we'll look at be like, Okay, suddenly there are five or six games just in March that are gonna be taking up all our time. So hey, I'm I'm not really complaining. I like games coming out year round. It seems like it totally works. But but yeah, and then you know they're still like heavy hitters. Capcom usually oh oh yeah, they confirmed Monster Hunters, yeahs Run Wilds. Yeah, twenty twenty five. If they said a date, usually those dude from Capcom do come out earlier in the year. So yeah, there's a lot of big stuff that could take up a lot of the oxygen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. I think that's my most anticipated game for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I'm like so ready for this to be the Monster Hunter that really gets me and for us to play a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, February Wait, February thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Yep, so there we go. Already a massive thing in February, So people moving their games into February are Yeah, I mean, listen, February March. Try to get out there before Monster Hunter Wilds. Oh he was kidding. Oh, February thirtieth. It's not a real date, is it.
Speaker 2: No, silly goose.
Speaker 1: Listen, everybody, I just read what's on the screen. Okay, it's there. I'm just gonna read it. Listen. D doesn't know about Celsius. Can we go back to that? God, what has Mike Manatti taught you?
Speaker 2: Throwing your friends and heard of the bus.
Speaker 1: It worked so well, all right. Amazon orders animated series featuring Splunky New World and PlayStation games. This is from zas ys In at Kotaku as well shout outs to Zech Amazon Prime Video has reportedly ordered a new animated anthology series that will feature short stories set within different pre existing video game worlds. The series is being created by Tim Miller, the same person behind Netflix's popular Love Death and Robots series and the first Deadpool movie. Miller's Love Death and Robots premiered in twenty nineteen. The series featured various short stories animated by different studios in different art styles. Episodes often revolve around a theme or topic, and stories can vary greatly, sometimes featuring robots, elements of horror, sci fi, or even comedy, and now Amazon wants to take the same formula but apply it to video games. On August fourteenth, the Deadline reported that Amazon has ordered a series called Secret Level from Miller and Blur Studio.
Speaker 2: Like Love, Death.
Speaker 1: And Robots, the new series will be in anthology and will with each episode set in a different video game world or franchise. Deadline reports that some possible games that could appear in Secret Level include beloved indie platform or Spilunky, Amazon's own Momo RPG, New World Oaks, and various unspecified PlayStation titles. Each episode of Secret Level will likely consist of short stories set in these different games. Jan, is this sound like a good idea? And what games do you want to see?
Speaker 2: Oh? One hundred percent, this seems like a good idea, especially there's going to be like smaller indie titles that may not have enough interest or excitement to start like a full fledged animated series, Like I understand that the cup Head Show is very good. Castlevania anime has always been very popular, especially the legal legend show Arcane on Netflix, but I wouldn't mind seeing some shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing then that prevents this from like, oh, if one of these does really well, they could make a whole show based on it or something, so it doesn't like preclude totally.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. The first thing to come to mind was Shovel Knight, just because shovel Knights should just continue to be everywhere Knight.
Speaker 1: The weirdest thing happen with the Shovel Knight was it was the like Rby's Happy Meal equivalent toy uh and I would go to Arby's and get shovel night toys for my kids. It was even like they were like little plastic things that kind of fell apart. They were flimsy little things, but whatever it was, it was neat. Yeah. I the PlayStation games things. Makes me hope that it's one of them. As Astrobot, I think that would be a good thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for this. We were, Yeah, we were chatting about that about like why hasn't Sony capitalized yet off of uh Astrobot's cuteness and make made some type of animated shorts this gosh yeah, or or grub they just have a bunch of little animated shorts or just uh live action shorts of Tom Holland continuing to reprise his role as Nathan Drake.
Speaker 1: Yep, happy fun too. I instead of making whole new movies, but like could just go be in this. Honestly, if they did it like some like Twilight Zone stuff where like these where Nathan Drake showed up in some of this other stuff, that could be fun too. I hope they get that wild with it because I I suppose like that what they're going for, because just having like a bottle episode based in these worlds, Like, you can only do so much storytelling there. You kind of have to have something of some other hook that keeps people be like, why am I interested in this next episode? It's not necessarily like it's going to be New worlds from you know, the Amazon studios. But if there's the promise that maybe someone from another game could be infiltrating that world or causing havoc, I'll keep watching because I want to see how that goes. Either way. It's like, I think this is a this is fertile ground for creators to mess around with. I think it's a good use of video game licenses where instead of trying to cram them into being something that they're not, or trying to like apply a TV show formula or a movie formula to every single one of these in an equivalent way, just kind of treat them as more malleable and work with what the material that you have there. I think that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Grub. This is how we get back to PlayStation All Stars.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you.
Speaker 2: Think what do we have to Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, honestly, yeah. If it ends with like and everyone got their invite, Like every post credit scene was just an invite to PlayStation Battle Royale All Stars, where the hell it's called. I would, yeah, i'd be down.
Speaker 2: But I you know, I remember fondly the PS two era, mascot era of PlayStation where I always thought like, oh, Ratchet could be a good movie. They eventually turned it into a movie, but Jack and Daxter never got that love or Sly Cooper.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, there's a lot of those franchises that are somewhat dormant that would be maybe a good fit for this. And then but do you think they do that if there's no intention to make a new game in any of those franchises.
Speaker 2: I could see them just doing that, even if there is no intention to make a new game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I think you're right, because a certain point, do something with that ip, you know, right, just to keep it somewhat at the top of people's minds. Also, it's like, you know, Amazon's money, so pull away for these things, and that stuff has value, So just take that money and let them play around in this world.
Speaker 2: Snack Dad with the most brilliant shout ape. Escape would be a good TV show that would rule.
Speaker 1: I would really I like those kids shows where it's like a bunch of crazy characters doing stuff. I thought the Rabbids show is actually pretty good on Nickelodeon. I think epe Escape could be way better than that.
Speaker 2: Even the apes from ape Escape are primed to be Minion and Rabbid popular already.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be great, all right? Next story, here a SEUs rog Ally to get Steam Deck OS support, and yes, there we go this. Sir Darren Bonteuse at GameSpot Valves confirmed that Steam os, it's Linux based operating system for the Steam Deck handheld gaming PC, will be coming to the Asis rog ally. The company also plans to roll out Steam OS to other rival Windows handhelds, although it has noted that third party support isn't ready to run out of the box yet. The confirmation comes after the recent release notes for a recent Steam Os beta update mentioned adding support for extra rog ally keys in the future. The note about rog ally keys is related to third party device support for Steam Os. Valve engineer Laurence Yang said to The Verge the team is continuing to work on adding support for additional handhelds on Steam Os. This was always the plan. Yeah, this was always what they were really going for. Steam Deck being a success is awesome. For them. They're happy about that, but the reality is they've been trying to make you know, Steam osh and let their Linux based you know steam gaming thing happened since they had Steam machines, and that it never really found a way to take off. Now it has footing and the idea that rival companies quote unquote what will be using steam os in any way going forward, even if it's like a dual boot option on like the rog ally it's like here's Windows or you can go in steam os and you know, acers can put their layer on top of the if they want. Don't fuck it up, but whatever they probably will. That is always what they were going for. And now they're here, and yeah, I'm not surprised by this at all. I was listening to the PC World's podcast and shout out to Will Smith who's on there, and those guys are grant. It's like the one podcast in the PC gaming space where it actually has adults talking about stuff. It's great listen to that show. Everybody well it's just like, yeah, I know somebody YouTubers, so they have to freak out to keep their audience entertained all the time. And then these people coming down like a reasonable and sober. I appreciate that podcast a lot. But they were talking about bzite I think it's bzite os, which is a thin parted version of Steam Os for the aces rog ally, and apparently that's already pretty good and gets you most of the way there towards making the races rog ally something much more akin to a consolized experience than what you get with the Windows system right now. So the fact that Valves working on their own version of that that may maybe irons out those last few kinks. Yeah, that's that's exciting. For as much as Jane, I enjoy having the option to very easily get games from Epic, I have the Roger sitting over there constantly and I almost never use it because the Steam Deck oled is just better. It's more convenient, it works the way I need it to work, and it also helps that the battery life is way better. Like That's that's honestly, that's the big the biggest part. But I also just enjoy steam Os way more. So This is exciting to me. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Steam continuing to throw its weight around and its dominance around. Like the PC gaming market now, the mobile PC gaming market as well. This is just the net positive for Steam as a whole. I'm thinking, I was thinking, what would incentivize me to perhaps get an Asis Roger versus a Steam Deck at this point, and I don't quite see the reasoning, but there's definitely folks that don't want to deal with Linux. They want some type of Windows device, so that would entice them that way.
Speaker 1: If you are super into XBO game pass, I think that the ally the al i x now at this point that came out recently, I still want to check that out. That has you know, a faster RAM, better batter life, of more SSD storage and stuff. It fixes some of the issues with that thing. It's still a worthy device in a lot of ways, as far as many issues as I have with Windows. But you have to, I think you have to have a specific use case to choose that over the Steam Deck.
Speaker 2: Go lead. Yeah, one hundred percent. Again, if you were embedded into the Windows ecosystem, if you are a big game pass power user, god power user what they hate that word? Yeah, Uh, then the Asis Rogers probably up your alley and uh, you know, wanting to get that Steam Deck experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shannas points out, Yeah, there's the multiplayer games with certain anti cheat programs they do not like Linux and uh and steam Os, which is you know, Destiny is the major one that I can think of, but there's definitely some others that work that way. There's even some of that I think supported steam Os at first and have stopped. So yeah, if you have specific use cases, definitely go for that and use Windows. But I think the long term outlook for this is steam Os and a version of Windows that is built for these systems that comes out in a year or so and is branded as Xbox, and that better be real good because if it's if it comes out and it's like half baked, people will just go. I mean, this is a real opportunity for Linux to grow, for steam Os to grow, and they seem like they're capitalizing on it. And Microsoft could lose some footing here if they're not careful, but they have so much money they'll be able to come back whatever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I hate myself grub that I thought, oh, you know what would be great on Asis, Roger, I could finally play Final Fantasy fourteen in an easy way Yep, even though I haven't installed on my Steam deck now just through I just got to jump through a couple of loops to.
Speaker 1: Do it, yep. And and that all that stuff has gotten quite better. Clint Eastman says, like all the stories that aren't natively supported on Steam Os right away, like Epic, Ubisoft, EA, h Io those, it's gotten so easy to install those now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've it was the last chance or the last time I tried to install Epic and get some games on there. It all worked really well. All right, Done with the headlines. Got the poll question from yesterday, when do you think the Nintendo Switch to will release? I let's see here, eighteen percent think it will come in April, eighteen percent think it will come in May, then twenty percent think it'll come in summer, and forty four percent believe it will come in fall. So it's like most people think it'll be either the like the spring after March or fall, and then twenty percent, you know, one in five think may maybe in the summer. Sometimes they probably just don't want to wait till fall, but they can't admit it to themselves that they're gonna have to. How are you feeling about it? Jam, What do you think I.
Speaker 2: I think I want to say a date as early as May, but I could see the tail end of summer being the actual release versus Fall. I don't know why Fall feels too late.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just right now, it feels so far away. It's a whole like that. That would mean right now the Nintendo switch to is not even launching within the next twelve months, and that is tough to accept for me as well. But what I was saying on the show yesterday is that for as much as Nintendo wants to get this thing out, if they get to April and May and they're for like, Marto's close, but it's not quite ready, maybe we could have it ready in a month and they're like, well yeah, but that then we're in summer, Like we're not gonna I just don't think they release it in summer. So if they get to a point where there's any question, they will just move it from April or May to later in the year. And the reason we're saying April May and not like before that is the reports are Nintendo's telling developers do not expect it before the end of this fiscal year, which is March thirty, first so I got a new pole question we'll get to in a second before we do that, Jan what do we have going on the website? Where could people find you on the internet and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't find me on the internet, folks, don't he come on, absolutely, don't. Don't look for me on Twitter or Instagram. But what we got popping off today, Jeff Grebb. We have Voicemail dump Truck going on later today tomorrow another episode of Game Miss Mornings, as well as Unprofessional Fortnite. Nikki, It's okay, go see your doctor. I'm going to get mad that you can't play Fortnite.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna just dump you in front of the hospital with your meningitis, like no, no.
Speaker 2: Do not worry. It's fine. And then next week some of the crew, dam Lucy, Mike Manani, Dan Reikert, Bailey Myers, and myself will be over at games Com. Expect some Shenanigans. Meetings are popping off everywhere to plan out games Calm coverage. Expect a bomb cast from US and a voicemail dump truck. I've yet to figure out how we're gonna do it. Voicemail dumb truck with all of us there, but we'll figure it out. It's fine, and a travelogue that I swear will come out in a timely manner.
Speaker 1: I'm excited, cannot wait. And as we mentioned at the top of the show, next week is August and then be week after that. Everybody, buckle up, it's gonna be a good time. Bum buck bubble up. Let's go all right, new poll question I have right here? What big Xbox game do you think we'll go to? PS five next? For it's a Horizon five, Halo, Infinite Starfield, something else or nothing. You can if as you're putting the poll in jan do you usually do the poll? Or is Sean usually do it?
Speaker 2: I normally do it.
Speaker 1: There's any other games you want to throw in there? Feel free otherwise that's that's a good list. All right, we'll get the results of that on Games Morning's on Giant Bomb tomorrow of course, once again speaking a Giant Bomb. Stick around. Plenty more for the rest of the week. Plenty of great stuff coming next week. You can always go to Giant Bomb. Always go to YouTube dot com slash or slash at giant Bomb. All our stuff there is usually on the live tab, but if you're on that front page. It's well organized now thanks to Sean, so check all that stuff out. Shouts out to Sean, Shouts out to Sean, Shouts out to Nikki, Shouts to everybody making the whole world go around over here. Shouts out to you, Jan, thank you.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to you, Jeff Gravel. Also, folks, if you know you tune, you only tune into a couple programs on giant bomb dot com. You tune in for UPF games mornings, I voicemail, dumb truck. Maybe you've lap been a lapsed listener of the Giant BombCast. I suggest to tune back in. It's it has been a fun show, and it's always a fun show, but especially it's been a fun show as of late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're hitting a stride of sorts, feeling really good about it. I was gonna say the same exact thing, Jans. I'm glad you did. Go listen at Latest BombCast. Listen to the last couple of Latest bombcasts. They've been really fantastic. All right, to anything else, Jan, I love our audience, I love you all to you the best audience in game. I mean, Jane, thank you so much for speaking with me today about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's the only way to start a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Until next time, everybody, have a good one, take care of yourself in happy February thirtieth