Speaker 1: Dot Org.
Speaker 2: KCAA is your CNBC News affiliate where the station that gets down to business.
Speaker 3: The information discussed on this show is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content is for general informational purposes only.
Speaker 4: It's Guys Guy Radio.
Speaker 3: Here's your host, Robert Manny.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Guys Guys Radio. This is your host, Robert Manny, welcoming you to the show where men and women can be at their best and everyone wins. Guys Guys Radio, We're here to inform you, inspire you, empower you, and get you to think, feel, and who knows, maybe even act by virtue of the journeys, stories, experiences and insights of the guests I bring you each and every week to the show, and this week is once again no exception. Today we're going to talk about some of the pitfalls of scrolling and staring down at your phone, particularly staring down at it, with our special guests return guests, the creator of Cogno Movement, Bill McKenna. Hey, guys, this is Guys Guys Radio, where we decode the chaos of modern life and help you live smarter, stronger, and more consciously. But here's a question for you. How many times a day do you check your phone? And more importantly, how do you feel afterwards. Most people blame their phones for stress, anxiety, even depression, But what if that's only part of the story. What if your phone isn't the problem but actually exposing something deeper going on inside of you. My pal Bill McKenna are special guests and Creative Conbo Movement, which is a powerful method designed to help people process emotional blocks in real time, is going to discuss it today. Today we're going to connect the dots between your phone, your nervous system and why so many people feel overwhelmed and about what to do about it when you're scrolling on their phone.
Speaker 4: So it's like it's.
Speaker 5: One of these problems that everybody experiences. We deal with it each and every day. We know the phone makes us anxious, but maybe it's actually something deeper. And you know, the phone's not dopamine, but sometimes it feels like that there's a lot of hidden triggers behind using our phone all the time and staring at it, and maybe there's some new ways to break the cycles. So we're going to get into that and a lot more with my pal Bill McKenna, the creative Cognal movement, and who hasn't found themselves sitting up in bed or lying down bed, holding your phone, scrolling, staring endlessly beyond your emails, beyond your texts, beyond your messages through Instagram and TikTok and whatever else you followed. But a lot of time spent on the phone and a lot of time staring down actually at the phone. We're going to get into both of those issues with Bill McKenna right here on Guys Guys Radio.
Speaker 6: It's Guys Guy Radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys guys Radio.
Speaker 5: It is the interview portion of our show, and I'm delighted to welcome back my friend and teacher, the wonderful Bill McKenna, creator of the Cogno movement.
Speaker 4: Practice.
Speaker 5: Today, we're going to talk about the connection between your phone and depression, being feeling overwhelmed and feel fulled with anxiety and you know what, it's not what you think. We're also going to talk about your eyes being the joystick of your brain, and we're also going to talk about how you can feel better, feel love, feel joy, feel bliss by looking using your eyes and looking in certain directions. So three cool topics that will help you right here on Guys Guys Radio. So you know what, Bill, it's so great to have you back again. Cognal Movement. You've got some fascinating and provocative ideas always when you come on the show. Let's step to set the stage though, give us a quick primer once again about Cogno Movement for the folks who are not aware of it and not aware of you and the wonderful work your partner and you partner, Liz Larson and you do. What problems are you really solving with Cogno Movement.
Speaker 7: So Liz Larson and myself created something we call Cogno Movement, and basically what it is is we use your nervous system and your brain to help to basically change your life in as far as your emotions, your athletic performance, your mental acuity. We have become known as the people that can solve really hard to solve problems. We utilize the entire body and different methods, even the eyeballs, the tongue, the ears, you name it, to help the brain to make new connections or or to disconnect unresourceful connections. Liz Larsen and myself came together. We came at this problem from different angles. And the kind of interesting thing about it is because because of that, we're able to solve problems that really had no solution before.
Speaker 5: Fantastic and kind of you've been doing this for about you know, five ten years now, how long.
Speaker 7: It's about a decade now that we've been at this.
Speaker 5: So where has it gone from when you started to now in terms of all the things that you've been able to layer on, in terms of problems you can solve, and how does that all kind of tether back to the core of what the cognal movement practice is?
Speaker 7: Well, where did it? Where it started was with just a simple emotional problems and we were doing some basic physical exercises that we would have a person concentrate on their emotional issue and we would throw a ball to the left and right sides at different points, and the person would experience this problem basically going away. For example, they may have felt that financially that they were doomed and that they would be spending the rest of their life in poverty. A lot of fear around that, or other people they had cravings for, you know, let's say coca cola or ice cream or or marijuana or something else, and those cravings just literally went away by exercising the brain and finding that unresourceful area of the brain and then having it rewired.
Speaker 5: If you will, let me throw it before we move on to today's topics. Let me throw a curveball at you with that, how would you approach eliminating Let's say somebody is highly sexual and they crave sex all the time, and you want to eliminate the fact that it becomes front and center for them all the time. A lot of men are still that way, and how do you eliminate the over craving where it's an issue but keeping them sexually functional and active.
Speaker 7: Right, So there's healthy and then there's unhealthy or resourceful and unresourceful. There's the situations which it can cause some serious serious issues for men as as they do things that they sort of shouldn't be doing, maybe illegal things, things that will hamper their life. And this kind of it's a spectrum, right, It goes in degrees, but it is much the same. This is going to sound weird, but it's going to sound much the same as a craving for pizza or ice cream. It's much much more intense, but it's the same principle. And what it is is I have this physical sensation and then I have an emotion that goes along with it. So when these two get joined, what happens is that we keep going after it, whatever that is, whether it's coca cola, ice cream, sex, alcohol, we keep going after that thing to make us feel better. We want I want to feel different, so I'll reach for that alcohol or I'll reach for whatever I basically want to feel better, and then it becomes kind of compulsive. And what we do is we can find the part of the brain that has this kind of compulsiveness in it. And how do we do that will We do it primarily through your eyeballs. And the way that we do it through your eyeballs is we watch your eyeballs very carefully as we begin to get your eyeballs to move, because your eyeballs are one with the brain.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's move then to our number one topic that we're going to talk about today, beyond what cognal movement is and some of the applications of it.
Speaker 4: But we talked about the phone.
Speaker 5: Now you say that the connection between our phones and anxiety is and what people think, So what's the deeper mechanism at play there? Everybody's scrolling all the time. Talk to us about some of the pitfalls that we might not be aware of that have to do with the phone, and one of them was kind of looking down right.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, exactly. So we mentioned just a minute ago that you're eyes are one with the brain literally neurologically. The Stanford at Stanford Andrew Huberman, who's very popular a lot of people know. He says, your eyeballs, your brain, and your spinal cord are one neurological system. So everywhere we look is activating a different part of the brain. How do we know this?
Speaker 6: Well, if you.
Speaker 7: Or anybody, even a child, see somebody looking down, they see somebody looking down instantly, what do you think you know that the person is looking downward? Is sad or introspective or or disconnected? Well, it's it is. It is an amazing thing that if you look down, you'll stimulate the parts of the brain that are associated with being disconnected and also different feelings of you know, they're negative.
Speaker 6: We know this.
Speaker 7: We know this being humans. You know, back in the day, people would say, hey, look up, things are going to be better, you know, look up, don't look so down, you know, don't look down, you know that that type of thing. Well, as it turns out, there's scientific evidence for this. At the National Institutes of Health, I started years ago. There was a great teacher that I had that was talking about looking downward and how that that is going to stimulate your brain, you know, the sadness. And when I heard this years ago, this was two thousand and nine, I thought to myself, oh my god, there's going to be an epidemic of people that are depressed and maybe end things for themselves. And so so anyway, this is two thousand and nine. The data proved out it's true. It ended up becoming reality. And the reason I knew this is because I saw people with these phones, and I saw everybody starting to look down. You know, when you hold your phone, everybody, you know, where do you look? You look downward. So I knew that this was taking place. I knew that there was a massive problem with depression anxiety, but it wasn't until AI and the A that you know you can pay for. I got access to the Center for Disease Control at the World Health Organization their databases and I utilize those databases and I said, okay, I want you to chart the diagnosises from two thousand and seven to twenty twenty five of the people that have been diagnosed with depression, and the diagnosis of depression went like this perfectly, and the anxiety exactly like that too. It was just this perfect slope, you know, like if you took a line and just draw from the lower left corner to the upper right corner Despine. Well, then I access the information from the cell phone industry, so that there's industry where these how many hours per day per person are we spending on our cell phones?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: And the so it's the really it's the the true adoption, right if you only got ten people on cell phones, you know, you you don't have a quorum of data and you and you don't really have have enough enough to tell. So what what happened is is we ran the report. It exactly mirrors the increase in depression and the increase in anxiety. So the reason why everybody's thinking, oh, it's because of social media, it's because of it's because you're looking down. It's physical. I'm not saying, you know, obviously there's things with you know, all of these different social medias. But literally, if you did curls every day, you went to the gym and did curls every day for a year, you'd get pretty big biceps, you know. But people have not associated this is a neurological pattern. You're literally your nervous system. Everyone's heard the term what fires together, wires together. Neurologically, this is the case. If you keep repeating a pattern over and over, it wires together literally your nervous system. The nervous system, the technical definition of it is the carrier of an electrical charge. You keep firing the same circuit over and over, and that's what you got. Now, the great news is that there is there's a way out. You know, you can start to limit your time, or the other way to do it is to start putting your phone in a different direction. As you look, look at it, look at it level, don't look at it down or look at it up. You know, in your computer, don't put your computer down. Put your computer on a stand. So it's just a little bit higher, and all you need is just a little bit higher. Now, the reason I say a little bit higher is because you've also heard the term, you know, hey.
Speaker 6: Look up.
Speaker 7: You know things are looking up, you know, right, and looking up a facts a different part of the brain, and that different part of the brain is right here.
Speaker 5: Okay, my special guests on Guys Guys Radio return guess the amazing Bill McKenna cognal movement. So, what's actually happening in the nervous system during the time where you know, when people start scrolling, you're looking at their phone, regardless of if it's looking down or looking straight ahead. What's happening in the nervous system that prevents them from stopping?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, well, there's numerous things that are preventing them from stopping. One of them is that novelty. We love novelty. Novelty is like addictive, you know, chemically, and when you're scrolling, you're constantly on the hunt, you know, something new, something different, something interesting, or something that validates my point of view. Right now, in the world, we have great polarity. I'm right and whatever side you're on the left, the right is I am correct and I want.
Speaker 1: To be.
Speaker 7: With the latest outrage. Can you believe the ignorance of that? Can you believe the ignorance of them, you know, and it and it gives us a boost, right it It really is about our identity and boosting us into this, uh, into this and fortifying it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: So do you think that do our phones then amplify unresolved emotional patterns or do they create and or do they create new ones?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Uh, they they amplify and they keep us stuck, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: The new one that could be created is is uh what I would call, uh running us down a hole uh where you know, for example, uh you you know, I made the mistake one day of clicking on a YouTube and it was and the mistake that I made was to click on a YouTube where someone had gotten arrested for you know something you know, like bribery and bezelment something like that, right, And it was it was you know clearly, you know, like the point of view from one of the parties and they were like, ah, you know this is this is uh you know, this particular and it was a very fine sector of the population and and that they were doing bad things a particular gender, a particular a subset.
Speaker 8: And all the.
Speaker 7: My entire YouTube, it was all over the place in my YouTube and really wanted to make you clickbaited because it's, oh my gosh, I found that these people they really suck, you know, so bad. But that's what that's. You pick a it doesn't matter what lane, you know, whichever way, you will find reinforcement within that you know, which is not really the truth, but it will seem as if it's the truth. So so it is a limited perspective. And one of the things that Liz Larson and myself always say in this that we've realized is that it's all just perspective and we think we think it's real, We think what we're looking at is one hundred percent real. Can't talk us out of it. But there's a particular circuit in the brain and if you don't go beyond, you'll never know and you'll die that way. But there's an easy way out.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's get to that kind of like why do people and I don't want to know the answer the solution, but why do people then feel overwhelmed when they're doing the scrolling even if the content is an overly negative And we talked about when you look down, you're going to kind of get depressed.
Speaker 4: Over time.
Speaker 5: But what if there's an overwhelmed feeling like you may have had when you were following one topic and then you got more and more content being thrown at you in a similar realm topic wise, So and the people, I think then become overwhelmed by it because they just keep getting the same thing over and over again. It's called micro targeting from an advertising standpoint, where you say, you know, you're watching a racing show and then you get all these tire advertisements and car advertisements things like that.
Speaker 4: So what what.
Speaker 5: Why people feel overwhelmed by this? And then what can they do about it? What's the solution?
Speaker 7: Well, that's a really interesting question, and it kind of goes right back into the eye position. When your eyes are down right, I don't want to face something. You know, when when you meet people in person, there they and they're looking down in a social setting, you know that that type of thing. They may find the entire thing overwhelmed. It's just that part of the brain that that they're accessing. So there's a simple A simple way is to begin to.
Speaker 6: Move your eyes.
Speaker 7: Move your eyes around and it will force you to utilize other parts of your brain. You'll start seeing other perspectives.
Speaker 5: M hm, So what what can what else can people do to kind of combat the whole phone and scrolling addiction.
Speaker 7: So if you notice, if you notice the phone and the scrolling addiction, there's a feeling that goes along with it. If you go to the airport, a restaurant, anywhere, literally anywhere that people are standing around, most of them have their phone out and they're looking down. They're scrolling and swiping left and swiping right and scrolling and scrolling and all of these things. There is a feeling that you have in your body before you reach for that phone. If you take a moment and you just don't grab the phone and allow the sensation, if you're very aware from the top of the head to the tips of the toes and just let that feeling be there, you're gonna notice. Who knows where it is in your body, But there's a sensation that goes along with I need to you know, maybe I'm uncomfortable with the people around me. Maybe who knows what it is that I maybe I'm drawn to. Did people like what I said? Or am I being left out? You know the fear of missing out. I know people that have gotten off of social media because they see what they're missing out on and they're like, it makes them feel bad. So if you let yourself feel that way and then you do these Cogno Movement exercises. At the end, we have a free link Cognomovement dot com forward slash Gateway. There's a free class there for you, and you'll start to understand and be able to do exercises where it'll alleviate the driver. The driver is a sensation in your body. We all have this thing about us that none of us. I didn't know this, but there's a sensation or feeling in our body that starts to come. And then what that does is it drives us to shrink the Coca cola, smoke the cigarette. You know, all of these different things and and the phone is no different.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's uh again.
Speaker 5: Bill McKenna, the creator of Cogno Movement, our return special guests to guys Guys Rader. We've been talking about how to kind of wrestle with the phone and the addictive qualities of our phone and scrolling. So I think we've got some good information and ideas to consider, Bilso thank.
Speaker 4: You for that.
Speaker 5: You also talked about Our next topic is your eyes are the joystick. So let's test that idea. You've said that the eyes are like a joystick to the brain, and that's a bowl claiming build. What do you mean by that in practical terms?
Speaker 7: So the amazing thing is that your memories, your positive outlook, your negative outlook, your high performance, your low performance, your repetitive story that you told about yourself or someone else has a very particular eye direction, a point that once you know it that and you know how to do these exercises, that you start to be able to rewire or to be even aware that, Ah, there's my repetitive story. When I have my repetitive story, I look over to the over to the left and down and that's where I when I think of this person in my life, and if I tell the story of what happened, I'll look over here.
Speaker 4: So so.
Speaker 7: Just as much as something like that, there is there is the positives as well. A simple simple story to illustrate this is there was, uh, there was a mother that we worked with, and what happened is she had the dinner table and over on the right side was her daughter and she was so nice and kind, you know, and there was always easy with her daughter at dinner, but somehow, over on the right side is her son sitting. And for some reason, it's always chaos with her son at dinner. And it's like, you know, he's asking for this or asking for that. And she said, the mother said, she felt really bad because her son just irritates the heck out of her at dinner. You know, he's just obnoxious or whatever. Well say, you know, we said, where where is he? Where is he sitting? Well, he sits over on my right side, And what does your daughter sit? She sits over on your left side. So tell me about this, you know, tell me about your son irritating irritating you. And she would tell the story and look over to her right. Well, this is the area of agitation for her and on her when she looks over to her right, and when she looks to her left, she's calm and comfortable.
Speaker 4: Is that Is that the same for everyone the right of the left.
Speaker 7: So it's it's not so.
Speaker 5: Is this is this more experiential or is there a neuros neuroscience behind the different directions?
Speaker 4: And this the pathway of your eyes.
Speaker 7: There's you know, there's some neuroscience uh, behind it, but it is, uh, it is not not perfect. You know, there's neuroscience. We we did a bunch of access to the National Institutes of Health and and you know, for example, looking down or looking up, or looking left, looking right, if you look over to the left side, uh, you're predominantly you know, accessing right brain and vice versa. But you're you're accessing both at the same time. We found certain you know, over the past decade, we found on our own, you know, anecdotal evidence. You know, there's certain areas that seem to like be more predominant. For example, if a person looks down into the side either left or right around the level of the liver area that we found there's oftentimes angry feelings. You know, you stimulates anger. But back to this this particular lady. The interesting thing was we was saying, Okay, you're gonna switch. Your kids are now going to sit on, you know, one side of the table, on the exact same left side, you know, but you're you're just gonna put them together right there, all the problem blimp went away.
Speaker 4: She just no.
Speaker 7: Longer fell the anger because she was no longer looking over to the right.
Speaker 5: You know, for her, and again that's just for her. Her right side was anger based. Yeah, that was Is there a directional trend that way for most people or it's just each person.
Speaker 7: Everybody's really everybody's individual. You know, we've we found some there, but but we don't we can't draw a hard and fast rule around that. But it was so interesting. You know, we have done this so many times, Like when people are driving the car, right, you know, the the uh look the person in the passenger seat, they're looking over at the driver like, oh, let's switch positions. You know, you drive and all of a sudden, there's peace in the Middle East.
Speaker 9: You know, there's you know where where before there wasn't, you know, for the for the passenger, so uh, dinner tables, the TV.
Speaker 7: Right, you know, Uh, there's a you know, let's say, you know, dad or grandpa, he's got his he got his lazy boy chair and it's in the same position. You know, if we move the chair and get him into a different position, all of a sudden, you know things are are happy and calm, you know, just simple things like that.
Speaker 5: So is this is this about interrupting thought patterns or are you actively rewiring emotional responses, Oh.
Speaker 7: You know what, that's a great that's a you know, that's a great subtlety that a lot of people don't catch. So something like something like what we talked about the woman moving the kids over to the left side, that that is basically accessing a different part of the brain, the real rewiring you know that we do with cogno movement. You're actively exercising, you're letting yourself feel the agitation, and you're doing these different exercises with the spine, with the eyes, and you ultimately it rewires where you're literally don't feel the agitation anymore. The kid could sit over the right, he could sit to the left, he can sit across the table. You just don't feel anything anymore. But there is you know, that whole state change where I've moved I've moved them to a different position, like we just talked about. That is something that you can instantaneously do this state.
Speaker 5: Change, right, Bill, Can you, for the benefit of our audience, can you walk us through a simple kind of real time exercise guys that listeners can try safely on their own. Obviously, don't do this while you're driving and working with heavy equipment and all that stuff. If you're home, you know, in a safe environment, something that they can do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So if you're at home in a safe environment, there's something really fun that you can do. So so for you, well, Robert, if you would you like to be the person that we show on this Okay. So, so what we're going to do here is I want you to I want you to think about someone that you really loved in your life, somebody that you really loved, and take yourself to a place in time where you really felt the love for that person. Okay, okay, and let go of looking at me, Just let go of looking at me, think about think about that person that you love and the place and time where you could really feel it, Okay, and think about switch over to a peak spiritual experience in your life, like, oh my gosh, you know that you really had an incredible with any time in your life where you've had what I would call a peak spiritual experience, like the the experience of divine love let's.
Speaker 4: Say, for example, Okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, and the most beautiful place that you've ever been on the planet where you were just shocked by the beauty. Okay, okay, So so your position you have, you have right over to your right side and ever so slightly upwards. It's right there. Yeah, it's right over there. So if you just look up, look up into the to the to the right, right over there, and think about that person that you love, and you can use your ceiling to move your eyes like a little micro inch, like like a little millimeter, little left over to the over to the left a little bit. You'll notice if you move just a millimeter a millimeter a millimeter over, and you'll find there's a place that this feeling is going to be enhanced. Okay, you'll feel that good feeling feels like even more of a good feeling, okay, okay. And and what you can fine tune it is fine, fine tune it. And as you think about this person that you love, non romantically, okay, and if you just keep your eyeballs here and then just notice there may be a person that's very difficult in your life. Keep your eye right there, don't move it, and notice how you feel about them.
Speaker 4: Now mhm, les's less annoyed.
Speaker 7: Less annoyed.
Speaker 4: There you go, there you go, that's my spot. Huh, there's is that?
Speaker 7: Does that feel better? Up there?
Speaker 4: Definitely good spot. But I don't know is that is that? Well?
Speaker 5: A couple of questions is because I'm looking up? Is that part of what we were talking about? Like looking down and you get depressed and looking up? Does that mean become more optimistic?
Speaker 4: Or is there a is this?
Speaker 5: Is there an effective something happening here? Or is it wishful thinking or placebo or what is it?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's not wishful thinking. You know, we have thousands and thousands of people that have found we call it their love direction. I love it love direction, and and if you want to feel better you can basically just look in that exact direction. It happens within a few millimeters. You know, you'll find that if you go too far to the left or go to the far to the right, the feeling just goes back to like, oh, you know, it's good. But there's an amplification of it in that exact place. And when that thing is amplified, what it helps to do is many many things. You'll have new ideas, situations that were difficult all of a sudden it's like, oh, I could just do it this way, I could just do it that way, or you know what, it's not that important, you know, that sort of thing. You're accessing the part of your brain that is more open new ideas and.
Speaker 6: Not stuck.
Speaker 7: So the position could be anywhere within the within the your visual spectrum.
Speaker 5: Against So again, Bill, how how does what are the steps? I feel it that spot, that's a great spot for me. Thank you for our audience. What are the steps then for them to do this on their own? Because you were watching me while I was doing this, so you could identify, Okay, you're kind of there and that.
Speaker 4: That's your spot.
Speaker 5: For somebody at home, how can they do this?
Speaker 7: Okay? So for somebody at home, the way you do this is very simple. What you do is just relax and think of let yourself think about a person, a pet that you love, non romantically. Let yourself think of the most beautiful place you've been, maybe a peak spiritual experience, or maybe it was the best time of your life with your friends that you were, the time of your life when you were so happy there was you know, we've all had a moment in time and as you're as you're there, you just let yourself go, You let yourself go to it, and you notice where your eyes drift to Okay, if you if you try to walk down, if you relax, you'll notice, oh, I'm kind of you know, I'm thinking about them and those great times we had, and you'll kind of see your eyes will start to go somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: What you do is just let go and and you'll find the place. And once you find the place, you stay in that best time with my friend.
Speaker 5: So that can be kind of your your your eyes kind of happy place for them. So whenever you might be sitting at home or whatever alone, say I want to go to that spot, and you just move your eyes in that direction, kind of relaxingly sit there.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, okay, yes, and uh and you can find fine tune.
Speaker 4: This all right.
Speaker 5: Fantastic Bill McKenna always like an illuminating, uh, insightful and so helpful a discussion on Guys Guys Radio, where we really bring information for people that can help them live their best lives. So thank you so much once again, Bill, and please tell everybody where they can find more about you.
Speaker 4: By the way, folks, Bill is a.
Speaker 5: Consistent guest on GUYET, So if you subscribe to guy at TV, you know Bill's on there a lot across the network. But tell everybody where they can find more about you and more about Cognito movement.
Speaker 4: Real quick, all right.
Speaker 7: We have a free class for you. It's called it's uh Cognomovement dot com Forward slash Gateway. So that's co O G N O M O V E M E n T dot com forward slash Gateway. Liz Larsen and myself have this free class where you learn how to do some of this stuff and you'll be able to start improving your life right away. There's much much more after that.
Speaker 5: Fantastic Bill McKenna, my friend and teacher, Thank you so much once again for being back on Guys Guys Radio.
Speaker 4: Thank you, it's Guys Guy Radio.
Speaker 5: Okay, what a fascinating conversation with Bill McKenna, the creator of Cogno movement.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 5: We talked about a couple of different areas, including the real phone anxiety connection, which we did a deep dive on how the eyes can be a joystick if you will, for the brain and how to shift emotional states through eye direction. And I think one of the biggest takeaways was when we talked about the phone. Studies have shown that repeated downward or averted gazes can contribute to sadness signaling. And if you go through a crowded airport, you'll see everybody staring down at their phones. And wherever you go, you're going to see people staring at their phone.
Speaker 4: And we all do it.
Speaker 5: And usually when we're looking at the phone, we're looking down, we're not looking out, and that could create some some issues, particularly with sadness beyond what the phone does, where all of this rapid fire imaging or TikTok or Instagram, everything that we're looking at for stimulation sometimes can suck us in there and we devote a lot of time and to it. And you have to ask yourself, after I'm done with that scrolling that I'm so addicted to, how do I feel? Do you feel happy or do you feel sad? Do you feel disconnected? You feel out of it, I'm not part of what's going on? Or do you feel more inclusive? I think it's more where it's really alienating sometimes where you're looking at the phone too much. Now, of course we all want to get our information, we won't want to stay up to date, but too much phone can be a bad thing. And looking down at your phone, which was what we got into today is really an issue because as Bill got into a lot of a lot of the issue is which which way are your eyes gazing straight ahead or or downward and look? And the value also we got into a looking up, So keep that in mind. If you're somebody who likes to put that phone down on a table and just stare at it and kind of flip through it, that it's probably not doing you all the good that you wanted to do, And even though you're getting some information and some entertaining out of it, you'll probably be better off if you set the phone up. If you need to look at it all the time, Hopefully you don't. It's better to live in real life if you will. But if you do have to look at your phone, or you do want to look at your phone, at least put it at eye level so you're not staring down. I think that's the biggest takeaway. So keep in mind that too much time on the phone is less time doing other things in real life, and we just have to be more and more aware of that because our world moves so quickly and we spend a lot of time, if not too much time staring down at our phones.
Speaker 4: Okay, Guys Guys Radio.
Speaker 5: We're here for you each and every week, beginning on Wednesday evening at eight pm Pacific time on KCAA Radio in Southern California one oh six point five FM ten fifty AM. The show rebroadcasts Saturdays at eight pm and Sunday at seven pm, so three nights a week in primetime on terrestrial radio KCAA in Southern California. You can listen live, you can stream, you can download, because they have an app, they're online, you can go through their website wherever you want to consume the show. Speaking of which, our podcast of Guys Guys Radio is a it's a global phenomenon. We're available in over one hundred countries where we've been downloaded. We're on all the major platforms, Apple, Audible, iHeart, Spotify. The list goes on and on, so wherever you consume your podcast, you should be able to find Guys Guys Radio. If you like to watch the show, you want to watch the interviews with my special guests each and every week, go to Guys Guys Radio on YouTube and Rumble and you can simply watch the video portion of the show. We're also on UK Health Radio where I'm a featured presenter four times weekly on the world's largest health talk station around the globe. It's called UK Health Radio. I'm on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 4: And on demand.
Speaker 5: So what you have to do is it's digital, So just go on your computer, on your phone, go to the website and you'll find UK Health Radio and Guys Guys Radio. I also write a column for UK Health Radio's digital Health Triangle magazine, which is a monthly publication that's digital. I write a column it's called Aging is a Choice. It's my take on the what I consider a flawed narrative that our culture has given us about aging, where they say, well, you're at this age, you're supposed to do this and be that and feel this way, and it goes on throughout your life. And I don't think it necessarily has to be that way. I think people have a lot more opportunities, a lot more power, a lot more freedom that they give themselves credit for, and aging is a big part of that and how we handle and manage aging. And I believe that aging is a choice, and that is the name of the column I write monthly for them. I've done over twenty in the series so far. There's a lot more to come now. A lot of those articles also show up on my website, Robert manny M a n NI dot com. I've got over a three hundred blog posts about life, love, the pursuit of happiness, all the big topics we cover here on Guys Guys Radio every week. And while you're there on my website, you can download three free chapters of my novel, The Guys Guys Guide to Love, which is really the source material for everything Guys Guy. It's about two guys in advertising competing for love, sex, power, and money. It's been called the men's successor to Sex and the City by iconic author Dan Wakefield, and it's a sexy romp through the fast moving, high stake world of Madison Avenue. Advertising is fast, it's fun, it's frothy, it's I think you'll enjoy it again. Three free chapters, and then you can pick up the physical copy if you're digging it, or the digital copy. So what do we do here on Guys Guys Radio. We're here for you every week to help you live your best life. I've interviewed seven hundred and fifty plus guests from all areas of life. These are thought leaders from all around the globe, whether it be celebrity, sports, New York Times bestselling authors, metaphysical teachers, alternative health, diet, fitness, all kinds of stuff to help you live your best life. You learn, I learn, We learn together. I qualify the guests. They have to be able to be entertaining and bring some new information for us to consider. And I ask the questions that I think you'd want me to ask these guests. So thanks for your support for Guys Guys Radio. If you enjoy the guests and content I bring you each and every week, please subscribe to our platforms and channels.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening to Guys Guys Radio.
Speaker 5: We'll be back next week with a brand new episode. And until then, like I always say, Guys Guys finished.
Speaker 1: First NBC News on CACAA Lomalada, sponsored by Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two, Protecting the Future of Working Families Teamsters nineteen thirty two, dot.
Speaker 4: Org, NBC News Radio.
Speaker 10: I'm Jim Roupe of President Trump and Chinese leader Xijingping our meeting in Beijing. Trump's visit comes as the war with Iran continues and it's significant because China is Iran's biggest trading partner. A you tall woman convicted of murdering her husband and then writing a children's book about it is learning her fate.
Speaker 11: Ms Richards, based on your conviction on count one, first degree felony aggravated, the court.
Speaker 6: Here by sentences you to life without parole.
Speaker 10: Corey Richins didn't show any emotion as the judge in Park City announced the life sentence for the thirty six year old mother or three sons. She cried earlier during her final statements before sentencing while proclaiming her innocence. Corey Richins was found guilty in March of poisoning her husband in twenty twenty two to collect on life insurance. A year later, she self published a children's book to help her three young sons cope with their father's death. The Department of Homeland Security says spectators could expect to see ICE agents at World Cup matches across the US this summer. DH just telling the Hill ICE officers will be at some matches to work with local and federal law enforcement to secure the events. DHS also saying that international visitors who attend the matches have nothing to worry about unless they're in the US. Illegally fatal drug overdoses across the nation appeared to be falling for the third secutive year. Newly released provisional data from the CDC is showing that by December of last year, report of drug overdose deaths fell to sixty eight thousand, six hundred and thirty two. That marks a fourteen percent drop. According to the provisional data, overdose is caused by all classes or types of drugs generally declined across the board. However, opioids remained the top cause of overdose deaths last year. Jim Roop NBC News Radio.
Speaker 8: Located in the heart of San Bernardino, California, the Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Training Center is designed to train workers for high demand, good paying jobs and various industries throughout.
Speaker 6: The Inlet Empire. If you want a pathway.
Speaker 8: To a high paying job and the respect that comes with a union contract, visit nineteen thirty two Training Center dot org to enroll.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 8: That's nineteen thirty two new training Center dot org.
Speaker 12: For KCAA ten fifty AM NBC News Radio, an Express one of six point five FM volunteers are needed for Memorial Day weekend flag placement at Riverside National Cemetery. Those seeking to salute the nation's fallen servicemen and women are encouraged to join a Memorial Day weekend mission at the Riverside National Cemetery, where volunteers will place miniature American flags alongside more than two hundred and fifty thousand graves. The flag for every Hero event is slated from eight am to noon on Saturday, May twenty third, beginning with a brief ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Amphitheater in the middle of the Cemetery. No sign up or registration is necessary. Passengers could have access to a new terminal at Ontario International Airport, as well as a new parking garage in the coming years as part of the ont BOLD project. Ow and T BOLD stands for Building Our Legacy and Destiny, is an expansion and advancement plan for the airport and a roadmap for future projects. Owen T sees seven point five million passengers annually and has over ninety daily departures to thirty major destinations. A San Bernardino Middle School named for labor leader Caesar Chavez has been officially renamed. The San Bernardinos School Board voted unanimously to rename it Caesar I. Chavas Middle School as Magnolia Heights Middle School. With the change of Sam Bernardino City Unified School District becomes one of the first school districts in California to remove the Chaves name from a campus. The decision follows news of union leader Chavas's sexual abuse allegations that broke in a New York Times report in March, just days before Chaves was to be honored nationwide on March thirty. First with Caesar Chava's Day for NBC News Radio, CACAA ten fifty a m and Express one of six point five FM. I'm Lillian Vasquez and You're up to.
Speaker 13: Date KCIA the Stations that leave no listener behind. Join KCAA morning for an extra hour coffee with Stephanie Miller Now from six to eight in the mornings, followed by Gary Garver's Control Chaos. Then at nine, it's the Asian Oprah Doctor Marissa Pay At eleven, It's Randy Corgan and.
Speaker 4: The Worker Power Hour.
Speaker 13: Then join KCAA every Day for a brand new show from noon to three. It's a new Jeff Santo show. Don't forget Rick Smith either. The Rick Smith Show is now at five in the afternoon weekdays, followed by Tom Hartman KCAA. We're making progress and it gets more exciting every day.
Speaker 14: Are you tired of a government you worry about?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 14: Vote for Donald Williamson for California State Board of Equalization District one. Find out more about Donald Williamson at vote Donald Williamson dot com.
Speaker 12: Five plus years experience, Williamson is a proven, dedicated public servant. Most of all, he's a tax saver. His priority is to protect seniors and retirees.
Speaker 6: As a former tax assessor of sam Bernardino County for three terms, he has a proven track record of helping people through difficult times.
Speaker 14: You'll rest easy with Donald Williamson in office. He'll protect social security, protect Medicare, protect California's homeowners, and protect mobile homeowners too.
Speaker 15: He served in the Marine Corps and he's a small business owner. Donald Williamson is used to defending people. He's a record tax saver. Elect Donald Williamson and relax.
Speaker 12: He's one of us and belongs to and personally donates to and is active in many nonprofits and community groups.
Speaker 14: Vote Donald Williamson dot com. That's vote Donald Williamson dot com.
Speaker 6: Paid for by the committee.
Speaker 14: Whore like Donald Williamson. California State Border Viqualization District one.
Speaker 15: Be safe, not sorry, don't drink and dry. Our sponsor is Premium Plumbing Program of the IE Tired of if home warranty prices just to be denied, then Premium Plumbing Program is an excellent, low cost coverage alternative. Say Goodbye to home warranty. Sign up today, Membership plans starting at twenty five dollars a month. Mention promo code radio for ten dollars off call nine nine two nine five seven sixty three. That's nine nine two nine seventeen sixty three. Premium Plumbing Program Say Goodbye to home Warranty.
Speaker 6: How you doing this? Is Gary Garver.
Speaker 11: In today's society, the majority of people are not getting enough sleep.
Speaker 6: I know I'm not.
Speaker 11: If you're like me and having problems getting a good night's rest, whether it's health or stress related, I have a solution for you.
Speaker 6: South Pacific Sleep Lab.
Speaker 11: South Pacific Sleep Lab will do an evaluation of your sleep pattern and will provide a comprehensive study so you can start getting a RESTful, peaceful not a sleep. They take all types of insurance which will cover your cost of the evaluation, and they will even provide transportation to their.
Speaker 6: Offices at no cost to you.
Speaker 11: For more information, contact Tony at three du one zero nine nine nine one eight eight seven. That's three one zero nine nine nine one eight eight seven. Tony even stays awake all night, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, so you can sleep better and rest easy.
Speaker 6: South Pacific Sleep Lab.
Speaker 11: Start feeling better and get in a great night of sleep today.
Speaker 3: There's never been a better time for men to be whoever they want to be, Yet it's never been less clear who men really are. Guys Guy Radio, starring author Robert Manny, is on Caseyaa every Wednesday at eight pm. Whether it's relationships, sex, wellness, or spirituality, join Robert as he interviews the experts about how men and women can be at their best. Guys Guy Radio, Better Men, Better World.
Speaker 2: He digits. Lock them in for more information, recreation and guaranteed fun. Caseyaa ten fifty Yeah