Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Liones Podcast recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We go from er six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unise right to you.
Speaker 2: I'm the Man without.
Speaker 1: Fear, Chris, I'm the nerd with the Mouth David Alliance a Symbol Symbol, Volume three hundred and two. And we were all last week, but we knew we would be coming back strong with count of three new episodes of X Men ninety seven Season two and another show that premiered at the same time during an interesting slot of time slot that I cannot wait to finally we get to talk to that episode, because my goodness, that was like icing on the cake.
Speaker 2: Didn't see that coming in man Dayalen, Uh so good at that.
Speaker 3: That made me smile so much, so so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah so, But anyways, how's been your last two weeks?
Speaker 3: It's it's been a hot one here in the good old state of Missouri, right in the Midwest. It has been blazing hot. We've had high eighties almost every day. It's just been crazy amounts of weather.
Speaker 2: By eighties. Oh, how sad for you high eighties.
Speaker 3: Well, one day it was ninety five, but o that. Yeah, it's it's been, but it's been consistently in the eighties. I mean even at night it's still it will say that it's like seventy five, but it will feel like eighty one. It's just it's been hot. So the sun going down does not help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got the heat Dome at time of recording in North Carolina coming over us. It got over above one hundred today. It's currently right now at time of recording, l after nine to fifteen eighty seven degrees right now.
Speaker 2: So fourth of.
Speaker 1: July to those in the those in America that celebrate at that point, Happy Canada Day to our Canada residence, and happy whatever day to anyone else around the world that celebrates something this weekend. Maybe you're just celebrating at this point when you listen to this on Friday, it's Friday. That's a celebration for you, and we celebrate you here at Marble Alliance.
Speaker 3: Going into a nice, fun weekend and hopefully no one explodes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's been a busy week, as you know. Some we have summers off, but you know, work and open a new building, hiring people, things like that. So you know, same same old week at that point.
Speaker 2: But you know, got got a good hire in.
Speaker 1: Got got offices packed up for the eventual move, and next week going on vacation. So you will not see you all will not see me or hear me next week, but mister Travis Hines will be taking over and.
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 1: He's now had three appearances on this show recently and has content to go over, so you know, for.
Speaker 2: A while there.
Speaker 1: For those that don't realize it, when Hines has usually come on the show, it's been he thinks it's been conveniently timed for one of us to give him. It's usually been me that's out that he comes on and there's absolutely no content to go over.
Speaker 3: So yeah, put poor guy for longest time me it would get switched up in the week coming up. He would know weeks in advance, Hey you're covering this week or that week, but by telling me you get to that week, there's no news, no shows, no anything, and we're pulling out nevergreen topic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had too many of those left.
Speaker 1: I hate to say we covered everything almost but yeah, we're looking forward to my vacation looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: So I look forward to.
Speaker 1: Being a listener on the ride home when we come home on Friday. So you all will see me in about two weeks. But I'm here tonight. You were here tonight, David, So let us go over the lovely network plugs. We are part of the Gegletman Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To check out the full schedule, see the shton It's below and subscribe to the gegle To Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod Networks you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon, so if you want to throw a couple of shekels are we've got two tiers. Our dollar tears are tiptar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar tier with ad for episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows, including a couple of shows we've had in the backlog there for Marvel Lionce we can watch this all day, the Marvel Lines and Finny Saga, Rewatch tales from the House of X, What we watched our favorite movies from the Fox era, of X Men, and then the Bastard Baxter Broadcast The Fantastic Four retro film reviews and as premiering this past weekend. For patrons, check your feeds the first episodes of Cape Expectation, The Avengers, Mighty Arismighti's Heroes, Rewatch first Watch, where we watch. We're gonna watch the entirety of the series, five episodes at a time. I've got actually got to get on that because we've got our second episode coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: To start that. I gotta remember to start doing that.
Speaker 1: So hopefully patrons you've enjoyed that. It's going to take us through again, being that each season with twenty six episodes, so we'll be going at this for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: But I, you know, spoiler it. I really did enjoy it, enjoy what I've seen so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's a fun show, and it's been good to get back to it and have the memories from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, So then the DC Alliance guys has got it, got DC Film through the years, and then Joe's got his Multiverse minutes Disney Dives on the first and the fifteenth reviewing the Disney animated classics in chronological order as he goes through this on the first and fifteenth of each month, on top of a ton of back catalog content for you patrons. Again, we want to thank our patriots. We cannot do this, that's your support. And if I'm a member of our Patreon, go to www dot Patreon dot com backsusgu eight network so you can be a part of the Patreon. And last, but yeah, if you can't join us on Patreon, we want to if we would love it, if you can take thirty ninety seconds rate reviews and Apple pot Cast, Spotify, Amazonies wherever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not at least, we want to thank our official sponsor panel Bound Comics dot com or Omnibus hardcover.
Speaker 2: Collect edition needs JP. The crew at PBC have.
Speaker 1: Got it going on with excellent customers as a maculate patch and ships around the world and got some lovely new content out there for you. And with the final order to cut off, we've got X of Swords, the oversized hardcover coming back into print after being many many years being Outside of that, the final volume of Secret Wars Battle World four omnibuses makeup that how many Tians there were for that? That's events David four omnibus is worth it? Tie ins, that's insane.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: They really wanted to milk all of that for what.
Speaker 2: They could and hate to tell you most of it.
Speaker 1: Like probably I can count in one hand how many of the Times were actually worth it. Yeah, thankfully I didn't buy them all. But I'll tell you what is a good worthy pickup. Try Predator Kills the Marvel Universe. Great series brought to you by Benjamin Percy in a league of writers. That that cover right there, but let you use is amazing. But you've got Black Panther versus Wolf. I mean you got Predator versus Wolverine versus Black Panther versus Spider Man, and then versus the entire Marvel Universe. There's some shocking stuff in there. Great read, Highly recommended. Also want to quickly promote for them a panel Bound Comics exclusive Marvel Time the Marvel art of Tyler Kirkham. This was a kickstarter that was done last year and PBC worked with Tyler Kirkham's people to get an exclusive slipcase cover and cover four that you can only get at PBC.
Speaker 2: Look at that lovely art with a.
Speaker 1: Wolverine dead clipse and then the other side of slipcase you got Spider and Venom and that is the inside cover.
Speaker 2: That is also a PBC exclusive, so you.
Speaker 1: Can only get You can get the Tyler Kirkham art book at any retol, but you can only get this version of the slipcase and cover at PBC. So make sure when you're checking out that order, why don't you use those two codes Marvel at Marvel Gua at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or m Agua sit to get five percent off where you get four when you order, Forum of to get four or more books to get to get five percent off, and let them know your listener, we want to thank them for being an official sponsor. All right, so let me take that off, all right. X Men ninety seven Season two episodes one, two and three Big Chonky episodes.
Speaker 2: That's what weekly say.
Speaker 1: With a lot of the most of the animation that we see coming from Marvel, it's it's close to thirty minutes, but not exactly sometimes, but they're darn close to it.
Speaker 2: So you're not getting like a twenty two minute.
Speaker 1: Episode, but the significant ones, they got the back and behind. You know, they came back last year season one of it a lot of lot of eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if it could really.
Speaker 1: Make it, and man, it exceeded most of our expectations, so a lot is riding on season two. Non spoiler thoughts. Do you think they are back er? You think that they they're they're having a sophomore slump. What do you think with these three?
Speaker 3: I think they they came out the gates swinging, you know, to too early the day.
Speaker 2: Did they throw hand?
Speaker 3: Yes, too early to tell it if they match how great last season was. But man, they they come out in these first three episodes, even in with a a moment that just hast you waiting and anticipating the next episode. So I think that they This was super cool. I was wondering how they were going to take the whole dynamic of the time rift and work with it. And it had some some cool moments, some interesting fight scenes, and a couple of cameos that I was not expecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was you know. I always wonder when they do these episode drops. Could each of these episodes stand on its own or did they feel like there was some.
Speaker 2: Set of time.
Speaker 1: I think for the most part that if they did a single episode episode, I think it could have stood on its own. But I mean, again, they want to hit They want to kind of strike by the irons hot. It's been a couple of years since the series, the first season was out, so they want to kind of get that fan fare back for it, especially with you know, kind of where the teams are and I think, look reflecting back why they did it. I mean, we've got three separate teams going on. We've got the team in the future, we've got the team in the past, and then we've got the team in the present. So that was really cool kind of seeing the dynamics that were going on with each episode so that we weren't left wondering, oh, what's happening this week.
Speaker 2: We kind of get it all in this chunk.
Speaker 1: Now we see where everyone's playing and how that's gonna work out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I'm excited.
Speaker 1: To break this down and kind of talk about what's going on and possible theories for the future of where this series is going. But yeah, this is the only week that it's gonna be multiple episodes because I remember, what was it last last year they ended with Danded with a multiple episodes at the same time, right yeah, so yeah, so that from here on out it's one episode a week. So all right, well, we're gonna take our first ad break before jumping over the spoiler wall. So as you know, listeners, these ads help keep the lights on. Actually you know, no, we're gonna we're gonna forget that. If you if you you you haven't seen it yet, stop stop listening, go watch it. Or if we're gonna be spoiled, we're gonna jump over the spoiler wall. We'll take an ad break after we break down the first episode. So look at that audible on Live.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're.
Speaker 1: Jump over this sport episode one Days of Past Future.
Speaker 2: So we left off the X Men. You know, we gotta get the X Men back to the nineties.
Speaker 1: It's one of those that it's borderline cringe, but borderline also saying you know what, go for it, you get on with your bad self Bishop, and you.
Speaker 3: Know what, throughout these three episodes, I'm gonna say this like as a whole. They mentioned this is a couple of times, just how monumental the nine nies were to the X Men apocalypse, and the Future mentions it, like Bishop mentions it, there's just a couple of times we're like, oh, we got to get them when they were most vulnerable, or you know, we got to get back to when we were when we were most strongest, and everything is happening in the nineties. Now, granted, X Men had a hell of a run in the nineties, not just with cartoons but also comics and everything else, but it is just hilarious that the way that they mentioned the nineteen nineties, even from the far three thousands, they're still talking about the nineties.
Speaker 1: It's just funny because as children of the nineties, as we both were in some way, shape or form, it's one of those where it's just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the nineties at that point.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of just when you've got a series that's really kind of like literally calls out on the title ninety seven, Well, we're kind of at the tail end of the nineties at that point, but regardless, let's get into it. So Season two premiere opens with Bishop watching a news report which details the alleged deaths of the X Men. Bishop for Bishop and Forge discussed a plan to travel back in time to rescue them. Now remember that was our i believe, first introduction to Forge with the episode that brought Bishop into the present. Yeah, so they want to rescue and pull them back into the proper place of the timeline. Bishop says that he will be going to the past because Forge has his heart set on the future. As we see that Storm is among the team in the future, so we know they had their little tryst and in the they always had this very much a love affair with each other, on again, off again, and remember and so we you know. Bishop also explains that the two points in time to which they will be traveling to represent the wrise of apocalypse in ancient Egypt and then the height of his reign in the future, so you know, it's very interesting. And then Mike question is, well, screw the president. Nobody's caring about what's going on there. It's kind of like a big thing. It's like whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, you know what, we already back in ninety six and ninety five, we defeated him already, so he's dormant for now, so we're gonna wait to another one hundred year reign. Yep.
Speaker 1: So they jump into the time machine built by Forge and we follow him into the future. So this whole episode, you know, we're going into the future. So that's where Scott's team is with Gene Storm, Wolverine. Who else is there? Is that it that makes up the main part of that team.
Speaker 2: More more there we go.
Speaker 1: So for four just immediately fighting these Terminator like robots and as he's trying to you know, hide and play a cat and mouse game there, one of the robots sees him, but he's thankfully saved by the feral version of Wolverine wielding his bone claws rather than because remember his adamantium was ripped out of him by Magnet at the end of last season. Storm also arrives and joins him and takes down these were freaky looking robots that were basically ripped from the page of the comics at this point, almost like taking human skulls, you know, exoskeletons, very much like terminator s. But these even look like monstrous at that point, but I did like it. During the fight, Wolverine's claws do break as he's using them to fight, but also grow back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he goes to do a stabbing motion that he's done hundreds of times before, downward stab on the head of one of the robots, and you see his claws break and he yells out like he feels the pain. He continues the fight, but you could tell like this hurts, but he's just so used to having those movements, and then the bone was not having it against the metal of that robot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even they said, well, what about his healing factor? I said, he still has it, but I don't even do We don't know how much time has passed. I think we know maybe a couple of months have passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you listen closely, like when he pops his claws, it's not the shriek sound that you're used to hearing. It's it's more of a ripping, tearing sound. So it's definitely the bone going through the skin. And remember that's his healing factor. Doesn't necessarily like a get rid of the pain, like even when when he had him and he still could feel everything, you know, yeah, you know it doesn't matter of getting used to it. But his body has gone through, you know, getting ripped out of the adamantium has gone through. And as we talked about when the season premiered and we saw these images of Pharaoh Overen.
Speaker 1: This is his now natural, this was going to be his natural. Progression of his mutation is turning into this kind of looking more feral of a beast like character. So Forge argues that they can't stay at that point in timeline, and eventually they agreeed it. They agreed to allow them to stay for for them at that point because Skip I skipped something at that point in my note. Sorry, So when they when they eventually defeat the machines from Apocalypse, at that point, Storm gets forged to come with them to join them at back at the camp with the Resistance, and at the camp they meet mother Askani, the woman whose Cyclops and Gene met at the end of season one, and Cyclops explains to Fordes that they need to be a part of their son, Nathan's life as long as they can. Nathan, of course, will become the mutant soldier Knows's cable and they we saw the birth of Nathan, but he mister Sinister, infected them the techno organic virus, forcing Cyclops and Gene to make the decision to give their child to Bishop to bring him into the future.
Speaker 2: So he could survive.
Speaker 3: Can I just pause for a moment. Yeah, I have to say this, and I have to put on put on my eyewear as I say this. But my man, Cyclops was right. Look at him trying to be a loving father and be there for his child. Cyclops is right. He loves his son. He wants to be there for his son.
Speaker 2: Hold that thought, Hold that thought.
Speaker 1: He'll eventually prove himself within these episodes, within this episode of like what are we doing here? You know, he says he's here for his son. He does, and then quickly gives him up.
Speaker 2: So don't don't, don't. Don't give him that much credit.
Speaker 3: So he has to for the good of what's going on. But he wants to be there for his son. He wants for his family.
Speaker 2: Sure Jim.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so Forge argues that they can't stay there, they could be disrupting the timeline majorly. So he does allow them to stay with Nathan just for one more day, and he points out to them that they don't know who pulled the X Men through and what the motivation is for doing so, and also Nathan doesn't know Scott and Jean are his parents. At this point, they just think that they're nice people, that they've saved.
Speaker 3: Some random people who are really invested in his care and making sure that everything goes good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is rather interesting to seeing that kind of like, you know, what do they know and what do they don't know? And stay enough Michael Johnston, who is having a big moment right now from the movie of Session, he voices young Nathan Summers. So that's you know, kind of good timing with that. So we flash to a Apocalypse citadel and we see the mutant Ozymandias approaching his master. And in the comics, Ozamandias serves as Apocalypse for thousands of years. We do not see apocalyps though. He is in his regeneration cradle and Ozamandas informs him that they have found Nathan, who could serve as his new vessel and informs him that they could remove the need to ever regenerate again. Apoxle orders Ozamandas to take his four horsemen and capture Nathan. Now this is you know again, Apoxives is immortal to an extent. Now, we have seen in the series that Apocalypse has needed vessels to jump in from time to time, and so in the comics, this was also done, and so Apocalypse had heard about Nathan and Mother Askani. They were having trouble trying to to secure Nathan of the techno organic virus, and so because they did not, they weren't sure if they did it. They they Nathan Summers. Well, Apocalypse did kidnap Nathan Summers. However, unbeknownst to Apocalypse at the time, they captured the Clone, and so when it came time for Nathan time for that transparence, Apocalypse realized that that really was Nason Thumbers, that was the Clone. And so the Clone was later like when he was raised by Apocalypts, he became kind of cruel and and so he basically, you know, nature versus nurture, tossed him aside, and so that that came that Nathan Summers became something else at that point. And I don't want to say too much because I don't know if they're going to go down that route at all in this series, and so I don't want to like ruin something if that somehow happens, Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 3: I will be interested to see. But yeah, it was I do like the fact that they brought in you know apocalypse and the vessels and that aspect of it, because we touched on that in the original X Men show. There was a whole storyline behind that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, kind of one other thing too, if you're curious about what that kind of a series that Dell's really with that head on this the story arc is the Executioners show Executioner's Song, so check that out. But back at the camp, Gene tries to train Nathan to use his inherit to tell uh, I can always have trouble to uh telepathy to in order to control his virus now cable. Nathan Summers is an Omega level mutant. However, he does not get that full status necessarily because he is using his telepathic abilities to keep the virus at bay because if he didn't he would it would kill him. So Gene, now, remember Gene, that Nathan Summers is the is the biological son of Scott and Madeline Pryor. However, with the death of Madeline Pryor and when Gene came back into play at this point, she also has all the memory of Madeline Pryor as well, so kind of.
Speaker 2: Her son kind of out her son. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the whole memories thing with them and the crossover and her coming back and then having Yeah, it's weird and it gets convoluted at times because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but they're interrupted by Morrith who comes up, comes in with baseball, says, hey, maybe Nathan will just want to play catch and have a moment. So Cyclops tells Nathan to go have fun. After these, Cyclopes and Gene debate whether the motivation of Mother Askani and Gene convinces the Cyclops to talk to her and try to get her to allow them to bring Nathan home. Well, we all know that's gonna go. Cyclops meet with Mother Askani, who's kind of interestingly hanging upside down and kind of in a fiery kind of sequence, to discuss Nathan and the prophecy. She explains that all anyone knows is that the child will rise and destroy Apocalypse's cradle, leading to his eventual death, and Cyclopes refuses this prophecy and questions Mother Askani on her true ide identity. While she shrugs it off, we know and we see in her eye, we see the phoenix force there. She has a fiery thing now. In the comics, she mother Askani is a is actually the elder version of a of a related character the Summer's family, Rachel Summers. She is the child of Cyclops and Gene in an alternative future, and she has vestiges of the Phoenix Force with her, and she doesn't have the full Phoenix force, but she has vestiges of it at that point, and so obviously we don't know what's gonna be revealed at that point, but that is who she really is. And that's kind of where they kind of they're dropping not so subtle hints when they're doing this to make sure the audience that aren't connected to the comics do understand that saying, uh, this is interesting.
Speaker 3: I like the line that she said when her and Scott were going back and forth and she's talking about the prophecy and she calls Nathan the child a spring, talking about when he was born, and then she says, your time is over. It's no longer this time of summer, and I was like, ooh, that's that is at bar right there. She just hit him with the line, just like, yes, sit down, it's about the kid now, and why did it take the apparently the show to say that Nathan's middle name is day Spring.
Speaker 2: Somehow I never knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she said this boy's whole government name.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: So Forge and Storms sit together and discuss the idea of disturbing this timeline, and I allow the Cyclops and Gene being with Nathan and the conversation ships at the complications of their relationship that they're interrupted by Morthew says, hmm.
Speaker 2: Where where's Nathan? He never came to play baseball.
Speaker 1: Morphs has a lot of ability in this episode to just interrupt people and just coming. I think that's what all he's really used for in this episode, is either interrupting people and morphing to other compo characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that. That is his his current superpower right now, because he just he pops in out the window with the baseball and then he comes back later like yeah, so, uh, the kid never came back in. They're not in a huge compound like you could see, all right, there's two rooms here, then you walk out of this little bungalow house. Someone should have notice Nathan leaving on his own, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And also if you noticed in in the end credits when they go over each one of the characters and their power sets. At this point, Apparently this version of morph he takes on the super strength of who he's transforming into. So when he transforms into the Hulk, he has Hulks strength, you know, which was interesting, like we always get debating with more like what does he actually take.
Speaker 2: On power as wise? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he apparently takes on the full ability of their strength, which makes another character transformation that he makes in this show even more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Cyclops teams and Nathan so so yes, I've seen him because he's right because they yeah, he's run off with Cyclops and Gina's run off with him. So Cycles of Gene are on their own, taken away from the camp, and Jane telepathically communicates with Skyclops with questions that they should really tell Nathan and raise them on their own and what might happen if the Cable if they do that, and Nathan breaks in saying I can hear you.
Speaker 3: Which was such a hilarious moment, like you do you not realize you you know Cable, You've met Cable in the future, you know his powers and things like that, So do you not realize that this kid can hear this conversation that you're having.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, surprise, surprise, they get ambushed by Apocalypse's robots and his four horsemen, which are very interesting. Uh these four horsemen. We've got a you know, basically a minotaur from ancient ancient Greece and Rome. We've got a a person from a woman from ancient China. We've got someone from Persia, ancient Persia, and then we've got a I'm assuming this one represents war, this drummer, drummer boy from the Civil Wars being his agent War. That was that was the weirdest symbol of forestment I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a version that we're used to from you know, almost any comic generation, but it was. It was. It was an interesting group. And then they have Ozy Mandias with them, who was kind of leading the pack. But yet you got this drummer guy coming out and he's banging on this drum and making these like psionic blasts towards Jean Gray, and it was it's like this, this is a very different group, yep.
Speaker 1: And so they're overpowered, they're taken prisoner. So the rest of the team searches the site where they were taken, and Mother Askani says that they were not supposed to go this way. Storm argues that this could all be a step in nathan supportant journey. They all go over the plan to rescue the Summer's family, and Morphy interrupts at different points because again he that's his other special power interrupting, and Forge tells him that they're gonna need a lot of power to catch the train, and they're gonna which on which they're gonna be held, and Mother Skani tells him that they have all the power that he needs. And Storm meets with mothers Scani in questions like where are they going to find this power? And she says, you're going to conjure that You're going to conjure a solar storm, which baffle Storm saying, wait a minute, I control the weather, and when do you know I can control like solar power? At that point, and she explains that she comes from another timeline and that makes this one look like Heaven, which I liked so in the comics, her home timeline is the dystopian future in which human's rule meetings are enslaved or killed, and she goes on to explain that that in that way and every timeline, Storm always leads the resistance. She She also says that she's the one who brought the X Men through the timeline and split the two teams, hoping that she either stops the apocalypse in the future or stops him before he even takes place. In either way, hoping for great success.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, like, look, we're either going to fight him at the height of his power or we're gonna baby Hitler this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do the don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh So on the train, Ginge tries to talk to Nathan through using his virus to break himself free, which is kind of interesting, And he got the inhibitor callers again. No, now, literally from the nineties, that is still the technology they use to inhibit. Nothing improved, nothing make it even more kind of simple. Nope, we're still using those inhibitor callers.
Speaker 3: I mean, Forge helped make a good product that you know, he he is the reason that this product does exist, and you know, they took his technology and just slightly improved it. But yeah, they're like, hey, well why improve what's already working so great?
Speaker 1: Exactly, So, when Nathan tries to quick because it's two tough Cyclops and Jane finally revealed that he is their son. With this new information, Nathan gets gets that Nathan cable super super strength and use and manages to use his virus to free them, and a pox of robots immediately attack, but Cyclops blasts through at that point, and they got the whole Summer's family having a big moment where uh, they're taking down these the the robots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they they have their their nice little fight scene, and Nathan has a cool moment which you know foreshadows his time as Cable when he uses telekinesis to bring over this big metal gun and then just starts firing up.
Speaker 2: I know that that was cool.
Speaker 3: Cyclots looking at them like, yeah, that's my boy.
Speaker 1: Straight out of Marble versus Capcom. Straight out of it. So meanwhile, Forge gets the team ships ready to launch, and Storm knows that they're ready there for ready for power. She summons all the soldafare blast the ship and with all the power needed, Boom takes off into a warped Factor nine goes to ludicrous speed, and so on the train. The Summers continue to fight the robots and now the Horsemen and Ozamandias are there. In true X Men dramatic fashion, the rest of the team shows up just in time to join the fight. Storm freezes their enemies with the Arctic wind, and Morph transforms into who.
Speaker 2: Thor thor the Old and Sun?
Speaker 3: And was she again? Basic question like how how much of it? Could you see him? Will this hammer in his transformation? Like how much of this power? Like does he have? Like can you the lightning? At this point? Like I have questions?
Speaker 1: But then Mother Askani eventually crashes the train into the Apocalypse of Citadel in an attempt to fulfill the process to see Ozymandias reaches Apocalypse and tells him about the arrival of the X Men, enrage. Apocalypse says he has to attack them where they are most vulnerable in the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: It's so cheesy, so cheesy, So good though, so good.
Speaker 1: So he takes off in his cradle, leaving Ozamandias in the settle behind to go dust in the wind, and presumably he arrives into No Show where he saw the post credits scene from season one. We don't see that, but wants to assume, and the team climbs out of the wreckage, and the training sees all the slaves that Apocalypse emerged from the shadows of the citadel. Nathan uses newly mastered telecanatic abilities to move the crash strain, opening a pathway to lead to the citadel. Inside, Nathan uses Apocalypse's own technology to forge his more familiar metal arm after a disassembled voice welcomes him. Suddenly, we jump to a much older Nathan flexing the same arm. He is now a weathered mutanz knows Cable and he speaks about the struggles to kill Apocalypse. We see he is speaking to two means Archange Silock, and he says it's now up to them, and Siloc says that he has tracked down his last horseman and the archangel asked what's their next move will be in Cable says it's time to recruit and he as he hands over the file on Jubi, Lee and sun Spot. Yeah, so y, yeah, one thing I forgot that I was saying they had to get out of there too in the future that he they they send them, They send him forward and Syclops has to abandon his kid again. You praise him as he praised him as a good dad and then he just leaves his son there.
Speaker 3: He didn't have a choice of second one. He wanted to stay there, wanted to be with his boy. He wanted to be there for his child.
Speaker 2: Did he now, did he?
Speaker 3: He's like, look, I I'm I'm sorry for everything that happened with me, and you're I'm gonna say mom's plural, but I'm trying to be there for you now.
Speaker 2: But he's not there, is he? He's not there. He's abandoned his child again, just like an comics. All right, Well that is the.
Speaker 1: Anything more we want to say on episode one, The Days of Past Future.
Speaker 3: No, it was. It was a good first episode to get them back on track. A lot of action in the fight scenes are fun and so very well animated. I'm love this the animation that they're doing with the power sets and everything like that. So it's it was a good deep dive, like right back into the series with a lot of little small easter eggs. And I said, these first three episodes are filled with a lot of small easter eggs, but I'm I'm really excited going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the best the best thing for it was to look at the future one.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: People always have a lot more of a affinity for episodes to happen in the future, especially with the X Men's history of going in and out of the future. So, all right, we're gonna take our first ad break before we head into the second episode. So the listeners, these ads help keep the light time. The Giegaltimate Alliance Network, we don't get to choose what to ads come on, and they could be a bit loud, so give you a three comp before they come on.
Speaker 2: Three two one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right.
Speaker 1: Episode two a force to be Reckoned with. So we left off with cable archangel in Silock. Yeah, we're not gonna get into the history of Silock at this point because I don't know which version of silok it is.
Speaker 2: We're just going to go with the non confusing form.
Speaker 1: This is Betsy Braddock, not the quant on history that that was, because that gets timey wine wildly and that's all kind of insanity.
Speaker 2: At this point, we're not gonna go into that. So we're gonna do Betsy Braddock Silock in this form.
Speaker 1: So we are opening with a group of mutant kids being chased. As soon as we see another mutant is chasing them. Uh, the man replicates himself all altering that, alerting us that the different versions of us. That is Jamie Maddrix, multiple men who if you want to see multiple men in the non Joki phase and really have amazing character develpment read Peter David run on X Factor. He does amazing stuff with that character and that brings way more depth of the character than anyone has ever had before him. So another mutant, and that is that the kids are running to the X Mansion to find it in utter ruin. Imagine that the X Men mansion in ruin. It has, you know, just got to be like every other every other movie right as Deadpool says that they got to build a new one, and they argue what to do. Next, we see that two of the notable members of this group are known in the comics. We got kid Omega is the pink haired young one, and then we got Penance in her non non kind of monster like for him. And they argument is interrupted not by morph this time, but as a light shining down with a boice saying that assumes assures then that they are the good guys, and we see this team come down. They are X Factor. They are the government sponsored mutant led team that are apparently taking mutants in and keeping them safe when it kind of looks like they're capturing them and imprisoning them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems more they're putting the inhibitor callers on them. It does seem more of an imprisoning And yet we get first look at Havoc, Polaris Shining and all her green glory, strong Guy, Wolf Spaine, and multiple Men, and I mean they have this it does give off the tone of, you know, for anyone who has like the John Walker version of Captain America, like hey, I'm I'm here for you know, on behalf of the government and all this other stuff. And yeah, it's they They're definitely government agents and not the good guys that they profess themselves to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the team of this X Factor has gone through different iterations over the time, but this is the kind of what we look at as the mostly mostly original team as in the comics. Havoc, who is Scott Sommer's brother, Alex Summers, Polaris, strong Guy, Wolf Spain, and the aforementioned Multiple Man. Two of the characters are actually a very strong ties the X Men havoc as I said, being the brother of cyclast Polaris being the daughter of Magneto. News report reveals that X Factor has been contract videos government to control crisis and handle mutant issues. We see that Jubilee is watching the report at an arcade. There is also a fun easter egg in this moment that we see the menu in jubilees right. One of the items particularly viewable reads the mall Babes Babes ch And we'll go ahead and assume that the menu item that finishes with chili fries, which would also be reference to Jubilee's classic line from the originally administries, does the.
Speaker 2: Mall babe eat chili fries? So that's a nod to that.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun and callbacks throughout this.
Speaker 2: Show, yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: So Sunspot returns after playing some video games and the two debate whether they're not good wasting their time in the arcade while the world is going into casts without the X Men, And they're interrupted by Cable because he's sitting at the table drinking drinking them soda in a ball cap, because remember where a ball cap in Marvel Universe. Nobody knows who the heck you are.
Speaker 3: Not the black on the eye or the other glowing eye, none of that out of that. Yep, I put on a ball cap. You don't know it's me.
Speaker 1: He explains that his target is Apocalypse and that one of his horsemen has recently resurfaced. The horsemen in question is called War, and yes, Apocalypse does have four horsemen by the names of Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. He transforms Mute into using his futuristic tech to take on these.
Speaker 2: Roles and act as a slave.
Speaker 1: Remember one of the members of Cable's team, Archangel, He was one of the Apocalypses horsemen and his that was his horseman of Death. Cable plays on jubileeze guilt towards sitting out and to fight, and convinces her to join. But before she agrees to do so, she asked if the team has a name and we get an iconic title sequence, it is not the X Men ninety seven secrets.
Speaker 2: We get a we get the.
Speaker 1: X Men titles, not the X mentitle. It reads X Force ninety seven. We see Cable, Jubilee, Sunspots, Silok, and Archangel are introduced in the title sequence. New images knew even a new like much more heavier on the electric guitar riff. Oh my gosh, I think Travis said did it best in his review on geek First the other the other night.
Speaker 2: Literally, that's all I can think. Chills, absolute chills. That was like grinning ear to ear. It is so cool. Give me an X Force show. This was so cool.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they leaned it instead of just doing the X Men ninety seven thing. They went, this is what I like about when shows do this is it's like, you know what, let's have a little bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. It worked. It works so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it a cool opening light. They didn't just switch the title light. They went all in on everything, reanimating the scene with Cable and Apocalypse from the original X Men show, like everyone got their own set entrances and moments, and they recreated the running scene. They recreated the mutants going and hitting up on getting caught on the cage with the runaways there. They had X Force as the opposing team instead of Magnetos scene like, everything was just ye. It was. It was a cool little They redid the entire thing so it was more than just where you switched the title card. They they switched that entire thing and it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 1: So so we get to X Force tracking War to Brazil where they chased him to an alley, and Sunspot, being familiar with the location, manages to track him down first and he and Jubilee get the drop on him. Eventually, the whole team overwhelms him and Silok knocks him out with her psychic psionic abilities. With War tied up, Cable questions him, and the Horseman remains loyal to Apocalypse though, even though taunting Archangel, who, as we said it was a former Horseman himself. Archangel knocks him out and Slok begins to read his mind, and Jubilee starts questioning like should they be doing that without their permission? And Cable tells her that they won't be following the same rules the ass they remember their ex Force. They're black Ops and Silaxi's War delivering something the Apocalypse before it's blocked out and by a wall of diamonds, and Cable hands his gun to Archangel and orders him to kill War. Jubilee protests this, but Ourchagel pulls the trigger, killing War.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with that.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if that was actually gonna happen. And they did very you know, killing someone tastefully. It's kind of a weird thing to say, but one I'm kind of little. You know, you are a horseman of the Apocalypse war. I didn't see much of his abilities really kind of shine out too much. His hand to hand commet was very suspect, and they took him down rather quickly. I'm not saying that that X Force couldn't do that, but this is supposed to be a horseman of the pocket. It shouldn't have been easy to take him down. It seemed a little too you know, we got to move the plot along, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that they had him there to just advance and give the information on what's going on with Apocalypse, plus give a little foreshadow with him helping carrying the coffin two Apocalypse. And then after that, yeah, he had his execution moment and you know, they did an off camera execution, but you know what happened, and the look on Jubilee's face like, oh, we we're that type of team.
Speaker 1: And even going back to how they captured him too, Jubilee got moves like she's taken to.
Speaker 2: Cable's training of a soldier. She's changed.
Speaker 1: She's kind of like, you know, she's still got her iconic gold gold you know, trench code at that point, but her but what she's wearing underneath is you know, all dark, a little bit of pink outlines at that point. But I like that, especially we see it at the end of this episode, like she holds her own. It's not like she is very much a good fighter and no longer like just seems to be the useless teenager and using her powers to be effective, not necessarily deadly, but to be effective with it. I was very impressed with the action sequence, but particularly what she showed it, not just here, but at the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you look closely in the title sequence, the new one that they hit, they show her blindfolded training with psiloc and as one of the scenes that is in that title sequence, so like she she's been put through the training. He didn't grab two randoms and you know thim on the team. They actually got the training and became soldiers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll tell you what I do like sun Spots like new updated kind of look at his abilities. That may not care from Roberto as a character, but I do like his power, saying when he gets to throw off his mute and abilities. But on their jet, Jubilee argues with Cable over the killing of an unarmed mutant. She tells him that if he wants her to continue helping, she wants to limit limit the killing.
Speaker 2: Doesn't they stop it?
Speaker 3: But yeah? Cable question, turn it down a bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, take it down like you get two kills a day. Cable questions what she has to offer, and Jubilee points out that a psychic wall was made of diamonds and reminds her of a specific telepath who they met in Genosha and the team has that is Emma Frost, the White Queen and so in London next for surprises Emma in her home. They questioned her on her dealings with war and she says she's helped him to smuggle cargo to Switzerland. They had a warehouse with Emma and Tow and Soil. There they find the equipment like what Apocalypse uses to transform mutants into the horsemen, but Archangel points out that the equipment is more advanced than what they used on him. Jubilee finds empty crates and points out that if Apocalypse was there, he had finished whatever they had worked on and left. And the team then gets ambushed by none other than X Factor, and it's clear that Emma set them up.
Speaker 2: Because she's like, hey, I got bills to pay too, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, So the two mutant teams begin to fight until Polaris restrains all of X Force. Gibilee tries the reason where they're saying that, hey, you're an X men, how are you aligned with a government agency that seems that they can barely tolerate you? And Jubilee manages to free the team and they all almost escape, but she is caught by Havoc. Some Spot tries to go back for but Silock puts him to sleep and they leave Jubilee behind. So not surprised they did that, goes again and cable through the needs of many outweags that needs a few. It's not like he doesn't care about you blee. But it's better to escape and kind of circle back and figure out how they can get you bleed than to everyone be captured.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, and this is another thing like with this scene. So they are sneaking to meet up and they're like all dressed down in these fancy clothes because they're popping in on Emma Frost's party. I have to believe that there is some sort of technology or at least good enough makeup that Cable could have covered the black stuff around his eye to make him look less like Cable. You've got this big guy who is I'm guessing is somewhere around like six three to six five two point forty of just stacked muscle and then the silver hair and the mark on the eye, like he's pretty recognizable. You're not sneaking around anywhere baseball cap, no baseball cap, putting on a suit rather than your battle outfit whatever else, Like you are still Cable and you are doing nothing to hide this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, you don't hide at that one. Especially he's not like he's not like peak nineties bulky Cable at that point where he's muscle on muscle like life Field style.
Speaker 2: But you know, he is a big guy.
Speaker 1: So what appears to be a hellicare hellicareer on loan from shield Over, DC, Polaris and Havoc and Terrogate.
Speaker 2: You believe, and I love it when she does. She refers to Havoc as knockoff Cyclops, and.
Speaker 3: That's the first real acknowledgment that we get that you know there there's a connection between them, because it's never truly referenced. Hey, this is Alex Summers. This is his brother. So the knockoff Cyclops line is is a little bit funny.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 1: The only other thing we have some acknowledgment is when they in the episode during the original series, or Havoc is introduced and the X Factor team is introduced in the original series, when Cyclops and Alex user powers against each other, they don't work. That's the other kind of hint, because that's also true in the comics. They their powers don't work on each other. Polaris acts asks him to get some time, and he leaves the two alone. She tries to reason with Jubilee to get information about Cable's mission, but she resists. Havoc also returns to take Jubilee to sell filled with dozens of other mutant children. Lots of character references there here. We get we see some noble mutant sets as step Bird Cuckoos are there. We also get Glob there too, Lovable Glob and sun Spot is arguing with Cable about going back to help Jubilee, but the leader of the exports team refuses. Back in the hell career, though, Polaris cuts the security camera and goes to Jubilee and sets her free. She said, I'm gonna give you five minutes. What you do in those five minutes is up to you. And let's just say Jubilee takes those five minutes and runs with it. She is she's you know. Guard starts warming her. She puts on her walkman, and here's a good I like this was actually a pretty good needle drop with with this one. It fit her character, it fit the scene, and this is what it shows, really showcases the song being Volcano Girls by Ruka salt Rados x Fource tells him that she's escaped and she needs them to come back and pick her up, but she tears through the guard so easily, just showcasing the powers. She says, hey, I'm not alone, We're gonna be paid for gets them to pick up the children too, and as she tries to escape up parachuting off the roof, Havoc blasts the shoot out of her hand before she could jump, and she basically and that's when we see Val Cooper, who we saw on the TV before, and she's the leader of X Factor, trying to have her come back in and as to fine as she Jubilee continues to be, she says, uh and I think basically doesn't she flip her off.
Speaker 3: To yeah and yeah, I like this is true, and Jubilee still being herself, like she's got the military training down from Cable and Silac, but she pops out skates in her shoes as she's helping these kids escape and all this other stuff. She is just having fun and she does like a cool move where she circles and does like little jet set radio type skating around the room and hitting people with her powers and stuff like that, only to be clotheslined by some random.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, but then Polaris asked how Jubilie escaped, and I think I think both Ball and Havoc have an idea that Polaris was responsible for that because she agrees she doesn't like what X Factor is necessarily doing and feels her allegiances. If push comes to shove, she'll stay with the X men. So experts watches a report that Val calls them national fugitives. Jubilee argues that what they did needed to be done. Arkintel sides with her, but tells Cable that apocalypse is still out there and fight isn't for a bunch of kids. Cable flashes back to the future when he had to make the decision to send his parents and the rest of the X Men away. He thinks he's made that decision man Cyclops did. We're just gonna go back to Thyclops influenced his say I gotta go back. I don't need you here anymore. I got what I needed at This is the best kind of parent raising I get to see every so often, and then by the time I see you again, you're an adult and I've done a great job as father of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. So, I'm thinking back to this scene and this is this is one thing that bothered me. And it's a little nitpicky about this, but where did Gene and Cyclops get new uniforms from? Because when they were transported, Cyclops was in his traditional blue with the stripeover and Jane was in her Marvel girl out that now they've got cool new uniforms, Like who in the future was like, hey, we've got these ready and waiting for you. Because now he's wearing a blue one with an X on it.
Speaker 2: That's and that's and that's his uniform.
Speaker 1: When the first iteration of X factor not government sponsored, but when Scott and Gene redo their own X Men team and call it X Factor, that's his costume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Gene goes from just her little green skirt to like a full outfit and everything. I'm like, who provided you all with this?
Speaker 1: You know, in the future you can just manifestuff because like alien costumes.
Speaker 3: Too, you know. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Cable realized, Nathan realizes that they gotta he's got to send him back, and you know, during that moment, we see the disembodied voice that welcomed him to Apocalypse. Citel has become the field computer represented by the Small Cube, and after reluctantly sends his parents away, we come back to the present where Cable appears ready for a fight. So great surprise. This was a great episode. I think this is my favorite of the all the three. An X first episode was certainly not something I expected, but it made for some great action allowed Jubilee to really This was a great spotlight episode for not only the expector for Jubilee much better than the spotlight episode she got last season. Yeah, no Mojo Verse, no, please know, I can't stand Mojo. He ranks up there with the Arcade. I cannot stand either one of those characters at all. The video game alone cemented my hatred of Arcade Arcades Revenge, Oh god, what a that is a game I do not play at all, you know, So it'll be interesting to see where, you know, I know we're going to see X Force again. This season is not just a one off. They're all we've seen kind of like the hero shot and one of the trailers. But I would love to see more of X Force. I would love to see, you know, we get x Y day seven. I know everyone like sees the team, but I would love to see maybe little mini series of just X Force, X Factor, you know, just the comics have it. Let's just focus a couple of these and just I don't we don't need a whole, like a whole new series started, but I would love maybe a couple of like two or three episode just like, give me an arc you know of just X Factor, Give me an arc of X Force, just to kind of see something different. It kind of changes things up. Yeah, definitely, but but all right, so we're gonna take our next ad break before we head into the final episode. We're gonna be breaking down tonight and so, as you know, listeners, these ads help keep the lights on and the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud, So give you that three coup before they come on three to one.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, all right, The Rise of Apocalypse Part one, David, Why don't you just start off talking about this one?
Speaker 3: All right? So we we're back with the Forged team at this point, and this it starts out with the team from the future the going to the expansion find out that the team from the past is still gone. Psyclops says that they should go find them, but Forge argues that they don't know where they are and in the past is whether they're at you know, three thousand BC to be exact, And we get our first looks at the young Uh in Sabonnor who is going to go on to be Apocalypse. So Uh. In the past, we see Magneto attempting to manipulate in Saboneur, long before he would ever become Apocalypse. He tells him that he could be a god among insects. Uh Before we see in Saemonor leading a group into battle. Interesting though, the pharaoh in Samonor poses appears to be using futuristic technology. There's a dome over the city, Like this isn't your typical eg that you remember from biblical tells in various movies and things like that. This is definitely you know something, something is added to this.
Speaker 1: And that and that of pharaoh is Rama Tut. Yes, who's one of the many names used by a certain character that has had some troublesome history live action. But this is a alias of Kang the Conqueror.
Speaker 3: Yep. So, I mean they they did tell Marvel did say King will return, They just didn't.
Speaker 1: And we did have confirmation today that they did use instrumental sequences from Loki when King was featured.
Speaker 2: In this episode.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So, I'm gonna step away for a minute to get a drink, So continue on.
Speaker 3: GOA. So we see the Furrow receive word that in Savineur is leading the Sandstormers against him. He appears to be unsurprised and orders his general Logos to redirect his forces towards the coming fights. Logo speaks towards a group of slaves who are being controlled by an army of robots. Again, we've got some futuristic aspects to this. In his speech, Logos names the pharaoh, calling him Rama Tut. This explains the futuristic technology that Rama Tut has, because again King using that future technology, crossing through various timelines, he would have access to that. So in the comics, King went to ancient Egypt in search of in Sabonor because he knew that one day he would become the most powerful being on earth and hope.
Speaker 2: He could control that power.
Speaker 3: So in Sabonor and his army stop just outside the walls of the city. They plan to attack, and he talks briefly with Ball, a man he counts as family. This is like his right hand man. At the same time, Magneto, in an astral projection of Charles, watched the impending battle from a nearby cliff. As Magneto explains that he intends to use the pharaohs technology to get them home, but Charles protests his use of apocalypse to do so. They again as always they're at odds. Magneto's thinking, hey, this is an opportunity to get us home. We can use these people to our advantage. We can get Apocalypse on our side, while Charles is very much like, we shouldn't be using someone we should you know, involve him in that, and they're just having their little astral plane back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even with that, I it was.
Speaker 1: Kind of interesting seeing Charles pushback on Eric doing trying to make trying to turn Apocalypse to their side.
Speaker 2: One huge task.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if anyone's gonna try to do it, why not Magneto, who kind of dabbles in and good guy bad guy, good guy bad guy antagonists, maybe not antagonists, but it's it's kind of interesting to me saying Charles is actually kind of making sense with his warning that we don't know the effects. I'm not saying keeping up Pocket was a bad guy is a good thing, but we also don't know the danger of if we do turn him, the history is gonna fight back about something, so what could be created worse? So it's not a bad theory that Charles trying to push back a little bit on what Eric's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so Eric is at the battle, Charles is looking over in the astral plane form. And then at this point and Savignor launches his attack and his army is quickly swarmed by these robots. He's trapped under hundreds of them, and it gets to the city or close to the delight of Logos. Seconds later though, Emmon sort he breaks through the wall and begins just decimating their robots. I mean, my man is like I like to say, he is throwing.
Speaker 2: Hands, throwing hands.
Speaker 3: There we go, so we get this is a cool like fight scene with insidon nerd. Just the way that he's breaking through, the way that he's fighting back against these robots. They throw these like electric leashes at him and grab on to him, and he's just tossing them left and right through the scaffolding like he is definitely holding his own.
Speaker 1: And a couple of things I wanted to point out, like the voice actors that they guess voice actors of this Gates McFadden, uh, doctor Beverley Crusher from Star Trek voices mother Askani. We've got Michael Dorn voicing I believe it's Bond the the thorn in, you know, the one who ends up like kind of ruining Magneto's plans, his apocalypse right hand man, and then I want to make sure I get this right. John Delancey plays Rama tut because I was like, I was hearing the I was hearing particularly the wic why does that voice comes there? I picked up Michael Dorn's very He's got a you know, war from Star Trek, very distinctive voice, Michael Dorn, but Johnna John Delancey was like, why have I heard this thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So he was playing Rama tut.
Speaker 3: So somewhere we're at here all right. So, like I said, the battle is going on and in Samnor is just displaying his strength. Magneto's floating above watching all of this.
Speaker 2: Like this overlord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's floating in the sky arms cross just like good, embrace this good.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it's interesting that Apac is looking to Magneto for approval, like for what he's doing, especially at that moment where he has the ability to kill someone, is not like he makes that decision not to kill. Yeah, and it was althoing like that foreshadowing moment where it's like, okay, we know there's going to come to a moment where he is going to kill and it's gonna be game over at that point, but it's just it was interesting at that when when that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he said, and Samoner he approaches the fallen general Ball tells him to take his head, and Savineur looks up at Magneto, who's by like, yes, do it. And at that point, instead of taking his head, and Savignor just you know, gives him this huge curb stomp and lets him live, spares his life instead, to the surprise of everyone, Magneto sends a message to Charles and says to send the team to recover the robots so that they can salvage the technology from that m h.
Speaker 1: And so because they're try trying to get back, they're trying to get back where David, where are they trying to get back?
Speaker 3: They're trying to get back to the future.
Speaker 2: No, they're trying to get back to the nineties. Come on, because.
Speaker 3: You know the again, the most pivotal point in all of human history is the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: God, I love it. Anyways, continue right, So.
Speaker 3: Nightcrawler returns to a makeshift lab with bags full of robot parts. Beast and Rogue are there and they're working on a machine to get them home, and Beast fires it up after.
Speaker 1: A moment, though, well, let's falls at that one with like when the light Crawler brings back things, was it is it Charles or Beast that says was he seen night Crawlers response saying I wasn't. But when you have robots and all these other things that are from the future that no one else is questioning, I'm pretty confident that a a demon is the least of their their warriors. At that point, I was like, God, that's good writing. That is that is exactly my snarky response back to them too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's just funny, like everything that is going on. This team just seems like the most rag tag group of people. And yes, uh, the professor is the one who asks him, and he's like, yeah, nut, a soul saw me. Although in an ancient Egypt of murderous robots, I would imagine a demon lurking among them would hardly come as a surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was a good line. So so.
Speaker 3: At that point I said, they are they're trying to get the machines working and it keeps failing. Be says that they need more power Xavier says Magneto's plan is to get information from Logos on how to adapt the Pharaohs technology. They just have to trust in seven not to kill him. So we get back to Magneto. He's riding with in Sevener and his remaining army warns Magneto that Bald does not trust him, which, again, it's Magneto, you probably shouldn't, so the guy's got good instincts there. When Magneto returns to the team, they argue over how to get information out of Logos. Ner interrupts their debate and is overjoyed to be amongst other mutants after having spent his whole life being the only one. Ball Interer's next embrace Ner for not continuing his attack on the Pharaoh. Magneto argues that they would have been killed, and Ner stops argument and says Magneto mentioned a destiny for him, which grabs Xavier's attention. So obviously they've been Magneto has been having some conversations with Insabnrd that Charles like, wait a minute, I thought we agreed on one thing, and it looks like you're pulling him into a different direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the you know, the game they're playing. You know, you always have one up on.
Speaker 3: Charles yep So Baal tells ner that he's giving him one day before he kills Logos himself. At this point, Xavier's question in Magneto about this destiny that he sees for Ner. Magneto explains that his plan is to get Nerd to launch Exavier's dream of peace between humans and mutants thousands of years before he ever could. With the mutant as powerful as Nerd championing that dream from the beginning, it would have to work, which I don't know. The three thousand years of other history, says wise, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got Nerve questioning Logos but doesn't get the answers he's looking for. Logos goats him into killing him, but Magneto stops him. Ner leaves Magneto and Xavier and with Logos and tells him that the Pharaoh is looking for a temple with cosmic power. Zaber looks into Logos's mind for more information on this temple, but he is greeted with a voice that tells him the end is coming. The voice calls him to be him to the Sphynx and in the comics, this is actually Kang's ship. The ship later becomes Apocalypses after he confronts Kang and chases him away. The X Men make their way back to the lab, as Xavier explains that Logos only knows pieces about the mystery temple. When they reach the lab, though, when is there ambushed by the Stanstrmers and Ball, who found their work on the time machine and showed it to Nerve, causing him to lose his trust in Magnetos saying, oh, you're trying to betray me. You're trying to do this, and he beheads Logos and Magnio's realizes that he's he's screwed over. They're about to kill everyone, and then out of the minions, Bishop reveals himself and takes down everyone.
Speaker 2: They are able to.
Speaker 1: Get the one up on Ner and Ball, but we see one of Lagos' eyes is blinking and sending a signal to Rama Tut. Bishop blasts Ner and he tosses each of the X Men to a device for them to return home. However, Rama Tut launches a blast from his temple at the mountain which the X Men where they're hiding, and he refers himself as the conqueror. In the process, Zaver tries to convince Magneto that their chance to redeem Apocalypse is gone and they need to return home. Nor emerges from the grubble, though, and draws their attention before the blast from Rama Tut seemingly obliterates the mountain. Rama Tut laughs as the episode comes to a close with the words to be continued with that with that beginning of the apocalypsees. Oh, yeah, so it was.
Speaker 3: It's cool. So we see the this thing's and it just blows this huge gaping hole and and that's how we end the episode. And like it said before, I'm excited to where we go next. These these three episodes really set up the rest of this season nicely. I'm glad that they did the three episodes to start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gave us a I g I said, upon reflection, it lets to see where each one of the timelines is out of the sense of past, present, in future, and you know, it was rather insane. You know, Travis and I had talked about on previous episodes of Marvel Lines where looking at the idea of oh, we're going to get like this whole thing of like in in different timelines at this point. But as we kind of saw season, they don't spend a lot of time on these kind of either story arcs or timelines necessarily because they're trying to move it forward. So it is disappointing to see us not there in the in the future, in the past for as long there looks.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know if they've.
Speaker 1: Made it out of the past back to the present, but one can assume that they are going to make it out. Either they just transport it out or we'll find a way out of it very quickly in the next episode. But I'm excited to see the next episode. You know, unfortunate won't be breaking it down with you all next week. But you know, like a lot of these you know, they the reviewers were sent the first four episodes. Some of them were sent the full season, but a lot of them were sent the first four episodes, and they did say that this fourth episode is going to be a very interesting one that you know, some people have seen the seasons is just saying, yeah, you're not going to get necessarily a Genocia moment, but you'll get a Denosha like moment coming soon.
Speaker 2: So so who knows I mean one of.
Speaker 1: Those titles is very much at the end of the season, say like, oh, I think we know it might be coming there at that point. So but oh, bears Layer in the chat, say, noticed that Boat got some credit for his work and the drama did affect it. Well, he's gonna get credit because of laws that are done for for the writer's guild in shows.
Speaker 3: He's credited as a writer on episode three, Rise of Apocalypse Part one. I think he's credited as a producer on multiple episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so legally they have to do that. But yeah, I caught that as well. But that's why you'll see his name appearing on different things because of legal reasons. It's good they do have to acknowledge or else taking he's already lost.
Speaker 3: They use his work, they use his storyline in it, you know, whether it be big or small. It's just like with music, where you will see fifteen people listed as a producer because one guy came in and he was like, oh, let's just turn this high had up just a little bit, or let's turn this dramojia and may now all of a sudden get a producer credit. Same thing applies you worked on it. You get credited even if you're no longer with the company. Technically, remember when you back Kickstarters, you're technically a producer. Have said thing, you know? Yep?
Speaker 1: So all right, well, we will see what happens with episode four when you and mister Hines break it down. So we're gonna take our final ad break for the evening. So listeners, use ads help keep the lights on the Geegulti mid Aliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come out and come on and how long they're played and if they repeat, but they help keep the lights on the geegle To mid Alliance. So give you a three count before they come on. Three two one, We'll be right back and we are back, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So throw up the Spidy signal.
Speaker 1: We got a question right before we went live from a loyal listener at that point, why don't you tell us who it is and what they're asking?
Speaker 3: All right? From our friend Jim scroggs. If you had to guess how close to Brand New Day would you think the Doomsday trailer gets released?
Speaker 1: Well, we kind of talked about this in episode three hundred when it came down, and for a while they're looking at the idea of you know, could they put out the the doomsday trailer as a trailer for Spider Man Brand New Day like is before that? Or could they go the No Way Home route and put the end credit sequence as the doomsday trailer that that they did in No Way Home for Multiverse of Madness.
Speaker 2: You know that I.
Speaker 1: Think that that that I think is very possible. I think that would be that would be the timing to do it. I think it would be right then and there. I don't know if they you know, again, Comic conk is San Diego. Comic Con happens the week before I believe, no excuse me, Brand New Day comes out, so they could do it at San Diego and put it out there, which a lot of times they do the big trailers they'll put out the week of it comes out and you get to then see it on the big train in the theater. So I'll either say it's gonna be at San Diego Comic Con released that week, or they're gonna hold it and then it's gonna come out when the trailer goes out as when the movie comes out.
Speaker 3: I think it will be private for for comic Con and then it will be attached to the post credits of Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or they could do a different trailer for San Diego Comic Con and then release something different for the public, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but all right, so we've got Factor fictions. I've got mine pulled up, but I've got to pull up last weeks.
Speaker 2: Give me a second with that.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I've got last week's put up so I can read those. Okay, well you got yours, all right, So Factor Fiction number one, Bruce Banners, Risk Guntlet will be the blueprint for the meet and callers in the MCU. That is seventy five percent fact, twenty five percent fiction. Number two, we will get hints of net Leeds, Hobgoblin Persona, and Spider Man brand New Day. That is fifty six percent on fiction and forty four percent on fact. So that that one.
Speaker 2: The people've been trying to make ned Leaves happen in this not happening.
Speaker 1: I am very much in the fiction on that one.
Speaker 3: And Factor Fiction number three, a member of the X Men roster will come out in costume at San Diego Comic Con Hall Ahed this year. Thirty six percent say fact and sixty four percent say fiction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: But all right, So for this week, for my factor Fictions number one, we will hear only one official announcement of a new Phase six movie beyond X Men, during next year's Sandy O Comic Con. I do not think we're gonna hear of any new projects beyond X Men that we know is happening until next year's San Diego Comic Con. And I only think we're gonna get one thing because I really think they don't want to. They have to be careful with what they put into production and reveal because it might just reveal like, oh, who survives you know, secret Wars?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I think we get one safe bet of a project. I didn't say, you know, a news face one Phase six movie. Is the only other thing beyond X Men that we get next year is Sandygo Comicon.
Speaker 3: So this this is projects, not movies.
Speaker 2: No I said, I meant to say movie, So one face movie beyond.
Speaker 3: X Man because there's a huge, huge different because projects opens up a lot of doors for Disney plus stuff. So movies, I'm gonna say fact, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on this one.
Speaker 3: It'd be hard not to spoil their future plans with Doomsday and Secret Wars unless they announce some stuff, unless they go the Black Widow route and do a prequel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do that. But this one's tough for me. I you know, again, just because we put it out there doesn't mean we all automatically. Just because we write it as a factor of fiction, doesn't mean that we think it is actually gonna happen.
Speaker 3: See this one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This one is just it's tough for me to say.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna say fact, it's not gonna be a very strong fact because I still go in back my mind say.
Speaker 2: They play a very dangerous game.
Speaker 1: If they say another project, and as give me another movie, they basically say that character survives if it's a known character that has been in the MC, that that character survives in that iteration.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say fiction for this.
Speaker 1: I think they're just gonna go Secret Wars next year and X Men, and those are the safe things because they have already officially done it. It doesn't boy, it doesn't hurt them anything. And then they kind of it'll be a two for for them if they go to Sandy, if they go to San Diego at all, which I think they are with Secret Wars, but they do Secret Wars and they do X Men, and that's it. That's all they need. They get people jazzed up. That's when maybe they'll do their big full cast reveal of X Men. You know, they have nothing to lose. It doesn't reveal anything for Secret Wars. They knew they were gonna have anx mcux Men. They've been very upfront about that. They've already got like possible casting and casting rumors and things going back like that. So they've got the writer, they got the director, so that I think is more safe. But I and I think it's gonna I don't think they're gonna do anything beyond that, So I say fiction. So all right, Number two, we will see a new Sony Spider Man Universe movie within three years in fact, and so I say it again, new Sony Spider Man Universe movie. So anything within the Sony Spider Man universe doesn't have to be a Miles movie. Does be a Spider Man movie, but a new Sony Spider Man I should say live action movie.
Speaker 2: I'll add that live action.
Speaker 3: I am. I'm going to say it is going to be a fact on that that they're not losing that license. So you know it, it's it's time to to go ahead and and and bring out one of one of the villains.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's bring up let's bring up morebious. Keanu Reeves is watching it on airplanes.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's gonna be Morban time again. Are the Shocker is gonna get his own movie years or something like that. You know, it's it's gonna be some random thing that they're not gonna go the Spider Man route, but but they're going to pick something out of that, out of that lane, and we're gonna go from there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I say it's gonna be a fact.
Speaker 1: I don't like saying it's gonna be a fact, but yeah, you bring out the points and saying they're not just gonna let the license laps and do that.
Speaker 2: So all right, last one, And.
Speaker 1: I said, I talked about this before when we look broke down the trailer for a Brand New Day, But now I'm just putting out there as an official factor of fiction. By the end of Spider Man Brand New Day, MJ will regain all her lost memories and remember who Peter Parker really is.
Speaker 3: Fact. I want it so bad, fact I I want her to have the the flood of memories moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one, I will say is a fact. I think the Yeah, I think it makes it very and they say all the form new memories now because it's always going to be after them and.
Speaker 2: It's gonna I think it.
Speaker 1: It's fun for a movie. I think it's fun for a movie like that. I think it gets ridiculous after to go to continue on like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying they get back together.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that they at least had the flood of memories at that point, and you know, they could get back there. They could not get back together, but they'll She'll get She'll get back your memories by the end.
Speaker 3: Of the movie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but all right, so all post those on Sunday afternoons. Let your voices be heard with that, and I'll let us begin our new comic book club. The Amazing Spider Man the other part one from Friendly Neighborhood spider Man number one a new serie, a new comic series that was put out way back when. So David, this was your choice to start bringing in this, so so, yeah, let's let's talk about this first issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, and you know, just a reminder to our friends, like if you have Marvel Unlimited, which I think unless you have the omnibus version, it's the best way to read it, because this series does jump. The storyline does jump between different series. So you have Friendly Neighborhood that was going on, Marvel Knight, Spider Man that was going on, Amazing Spider Man, you know, the Flagship that was going on. So we bounce between three different ongoing titles with this. But so we start off with Peter talking about a dream that he had Morlan going through a more willing body that he doesn't know who is his. Then he flashes to images of Craven and then flashes to images of Uncle Ben and he's saying, you know, to everything, there is a season and time to live and a time too, and then everything goes black except for you know, a pair of fuzzy dice that are just going And we see that Peter is talking to MJ about this and he's telling him, you know, how he feels and how he's like, I'm in a great place in my life. Everything is going super I should be on cloud nine. I just feel like the rug's gonna be pulled under me. And she's telling Peter to focus on the here and now. And that's not just the focus on the You've got some good stuff in your life, but the silhouettes and everything allude to the fact that moment. Yes, he is supposed to be focused on his wife and what she is wanting in this moment, and he is thinking about life and.
Speaker 1: Death and taxes instead. That's typical Parker, but we know the Parker. Look, he's not wrong to think that is being that way. But yeah, we get this new villain Robin a bank and Peter goes after him and kind of handles him pretty well until he.
Speaker 2: Fires these bullets. And they're interesting magic bullets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, magic bullets that you know they lock on to you, and you know once they are they will avoid any other person. So doing the simple tricks of you know, jumping behind the person and trying to have the bullets hit them doesn't work. So as we see this guy Tracer, who is this new willing go back in the bank, then we start to get flashbacks to Peter training with Captain America per MJ and her asking Cap to help train him because he's been having these thoughts of death and everything else. And Cap is basically telling them like, look, you need to learn certain skills. You can't trust your instincts, and people are like, that's all I do is trust my instincts. He's like, I'm afraid of training with you because you're gonna tell me that trust my instincts will get me killed, to which Cap is like, they will get you killed. They have gotten many people killed.
Speaker 1: So we kept back, well, well, that's it's interesting kind of talking about that for a second. You know, I understand where CAP's coming from with that, but even as a soldier, I kind of call a little bit of bs on that one for him because he also has trusted his instincts in the past. So for him to say, like, don't trust them, that's not I call baloney on that one, because he's also trusted as instant and shouldiers are a lot of times also when you have that gut feeling, it's not always one hundred percent, but sometimes it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we cut back to him trying to get away from this bullet and remembering some of the training that Cap told him, and he stops and he decides to trust his training and catch the bullets with both hands, and he turns to the crowd and he's like, yes, this is my magic trick. As you'll see, the bullets are in my hand and opens up and that's.
Speaker 2: Where Nolan got the idea.
Speaker 3: In his right hand, yes, there is definitely a bullet. In his left hand there is a hole, and in his left shoulder there is a hole. And he did not collect this. So he passes out on the street but is able to get up and re fast forward to him meeting with a doctor who is there to help the superhero community. So, you know, he's doctor talking with Doctor Casillo, and you know, she's saying that she is has them all patched up, but she's going to take some of his blood. And she inquires about his name. She's like, what do I call you? And he's like, yeah, you know what, too many people know my name already. Let's just stick to Spidey. They kind of have a little back and forth about how she is a doctor to the entire superhero community and so she has to have some anonymity herself. You know, that trust goes both ways she's putting her license on the line, and he agrees to give her a sample of his blood for testing.
Speaker 1: So they go back to MJ and Peter in the apartment, saying, you know you need to rest, and he's like, nope, sorry, I got to go back out there.
Speaker 2: Got to find this tracer guy.
Speaker 1: Put a tracker on him so I know where he's going to be at, and basically goes after this limo only to be revealing the drivers of what are you doing here out of her mind and say I'm going to get this guy and it ends up not being Tracer, it ends up being Ja Joon and Jamison and says I already got.
Speaker 2: My headline for there, You're a menace.
Speaker 1: And sees the tracer on the limo, realizing he's been played. So he's like, well, this was a day wasted at that point, so heading back to his penthouse department at Stark Tower, the doctor calls saying, hey, got your results. It's she doesn't want to talk about.
Speaker 2: On the phone.
Speaker 1: She tells Peter it's bad, very bad, and there looming above him is Morland saying snake eyes, you lose, which is kind of an interesting thing for him. To say kind of like you could have said a whole bunch of other things. It's kind of weird for Moreland to say that. I mean, again, it's a I get, it's a it's it's a a dice reference at that point, snay guys is not a good thing when you're playing playing at the craps table.
Speaker 2: But weird for Moreland.
Speaker 3: To say, yeah. So that that is how we end that. And you know, with with the ominous standing over him, we know that things are bad for Peter. Plus Morland is there who she's had this dream of. And then we will continue next week with uh Marvel Nights, It's sorry, two weeks with Marvel Knight spider Man number nineteen, which is the continuation of the story. Like I said, we will jump around between the ongoing books.
Speaker 2: At the time, which I found interesting.
Speaker 1: If you the the the page after we get the Moreland reveal, you know, kind of goes over the twelve part series at that point. What I didn't what I'd forgotten was the artists of the book remained the same, but the writers of each kind of three parts stay the same until the last three books. So that was that was kind of an interesting take. That the Peter Day would write the first three parts. Reggie Hudluand would who was the writer of the Marvel Knights Spider Man, would write the next three parts, and then the other three parts that seven, eight nine will be written by Jim Michael Strazinski, who was the writer for Amazing Spider Man. He would write Friendly Neighborhood, Marvel Knights, and Amazing, and then at the last three parts, each one of the writers would go back to their respective books. I thought that was kind of an interesting I haven't seen that usually when it comes to events like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is also interesting that within the crossovers they kept the same artists, artists and everything, which again, you know, coming from various different events and specials like that you do. It can sometimes be jarring when you jump between various books to have their different art styles be continued, and then you're going back and you're used to one hyper realistic, then you get to something else. You know. I have certain artists that I'm not a fan of, and like, if I see their work, it can be jarring if I just jump in out of nowhere. So it was cool the way that they did that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, I'm looking forward to kind of continuing this in two weeks. But yeah, so volume three two in the books, longer episode with those three three episodes to go over, but you know, we know again we love some good X Men ninety seven. This one definitely hit, hit the ground run and hit a good home run for the opening of this so I'm very excited to see where the series goes and excited to see mister Hines and yourself break it down next week. So all right, Well, as always, you know, David, tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on All Souls at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network as part of our wrestling show The Gimmick. We have a show coming up this Sunday which we will be doing a review of Night of Champions and Aw's past show, so looking forward to that. That'll be Sunday at LAVE three pm Central time, so be on the lookout for that. But yeah, you can follow me on All Socials at the Phantom.
Speaker 1: Awesome me as always want to thank our official sponsor or give me a panel bound Comics dot com for this hardcover collect edition needs as you can use that code marvel Gua at check out to get two dollars off every single order, or m gua sit for five percent off when you get four or more books together. And then you can follow me on all the socials at Chris Balga. You can email the show at Marvel Alliance Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the gig Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at gapod network. You can follow this podcast at Marvel a podcast. Feel free to tweet email if you want to buy feedback, give us Factor Fiction to give us questions and continue to rate.
Speaker 2: Review the Marble Line.
Speaker 1: Solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: We greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us live in the chat, thank you all for listening, and a stand the man would say, excelsior, true believers. All right, David postcredits discussion not a positive thing, but I think it's with the big news this week, I think it's I think it's time for us to kind of talk about.
Speaker 3: It, all right, So we are marching towards the end of physical media. PlayStation has announced that starting in twenty twenty seven, they will no longer have physical games inside of the games that you buy, it will be digital codes as opposed to it, Xbox is going to be moving towards this same route. You know, there's been a lot of rumors at the next console will not have a dish drive as well. With that being said, is this, you know, is this the big doom and gloom that people are saying it is and the end of gaming as we know it? Or is this more of a you know what that we've been marching towards this new standard of practice for a while. This is not surprising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I said, and there's like, is it holy hyperbole Batman or the drums or the drums getting louder? So yeah, this was And people say, how is this marvel ed? Well, remember the Wolverine game is coming from PlayStation at that point, and so that's how we kind of get around these interesting topics. But you know, I am a physical media collector, not like in a lot of different things. Like you see my shelves behind me. If you've seen me on other shows, you know I'm a big omnibus collect edition collector, movies, four K movies, you know, steel books, I do that, video games at that point. But the other thing you know when this came about with video games, especially with PlayStation maintenance in eighteen months, no longer doing disk drives. Their next console is not gonna have a disk drive at that point, even with I mean I don't there. I have a huge also digital library of digital comics that I own. I have that it is not going to be licensed to me or anything like that. But I've also have you know, I've gotten to do. I I have a Legion Legion go ass at that point, so I download digital games because I've become more of a handheld gamer than a console gamer. I still have my consoles, but my gaming habits have now kind of made me kind of transition to gaming on handheld. You know, I have a switch to and that's been those two have been going back and forth on and I don't I purchased digital games on that one, and so I know that yes, at any moment, just because I bought it, it is a license at that point. Now I can say this that Valve has been very good about games that come off their their marketplace, that even if you can't purchase a game anymore, they have not gone the route of no, you can't download anymore like I'll point out like Fortse Horizon, for you can't get that anymore on the marketplace, on Valve's marketplace, But if you still have it, like I do, I can still download it and go to that in which I could do that in a number of books from former Comixology that I have. But that's not always the case because it's a license. They're very clearly saying like you don't own this, it is a license. They can take it away, and so that that takes away consumer choice, like right right here, you know, I'm holding up for those in video like this is the Switch version of Marvel versus cap On Finding Collection. This is such a cool thing for me to get, and it was a huge, you know, nostalgia moment, including like that's coming out later this year, the Marvel Maximum Collection coming out from limited games and physical editions, and having this to say like, hey, this is mine, I have this, I can put this in it doesn't have to link up to anything, and I can still play it. It always worries me because especially when you get these games like this that are retro games, like you can't easily get these anymore, and so I think physical media, I don't know physical media is going to totally go away. But I think right now when it comes to gaming, I think it is. I don't think it's hyperbole. I think we're now, as you said, like Xbox is now their next console is going to be going to digital. Now they're starting to toy with this idea they started talking about, like their next thing they're getting ready to premiere.
Speaker 2: Is like diss to digital. Like you if whatever disc.
Speaker 1: You going, you put it on digital and you kind of own it. But it's kind of weird. We don't know all the belt, we don't know all the details, full details on that. But I think when it comes to video games, when we see it with the switch to like you have a key car, you have a card now cardre but it's a key card that you access and download the game digitally, so you don't really own it necessarily as much as you feel. So I think with video games it's not hyperbole. We've heard these ideas coming. But I think when it comes to video games, I think that this is coming and it's it's going to be a new age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely agree that this is just this is where it's moving to. I am fifty to fifty on digital versus physical. I like buying physical, especially with my kids. I like having that moment of I think it's just different on and I get it, they are still going to sell like a box with a digital code and things like that, but you're the one who started this, Yeah, But just having that feeling of, like on Christmas, them unwrapping the actual the box and popping that disc in and getting everything else. And that's a much better feeling than just you wake up and I tell them, hey, turn on the PlayStation and scroll and see what new games are on the top of the thing. Like it just something about having that is there now games that we know that we're gonna buy. Like my kid is a huge basketball fan, and every year I get him the latest NBA two K game. I can't say much because I always get the latest NCAA football thing, so I can't say anything about the fact that it's basically the same game just repainted.
Speaker 2: But no judgment that one.
Speaker 3: I do digital because we know this is a yearly thing. But like Christmas, he wanted Ghost of Yotai, and there's other games like they want. I will go get that. There's some games that are just no longer available digitally, Like I had a moment where there is this game called jump Force that is a very anime centric game. It lasted on digital platform for about a year before they pulled it, and so I had to search the high heavens to find it physically in order to play it. And luckily I have the Xbox version with the disk drives that I could but without having that it getting pulled from stores. Me having this this spark to want to play it, and my kid wanted to play it as well, like we would not have been able to do that without having that physical media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you know again I said I collect physical media with movies like now, I mean room is room. I only have so much room in the house at that point. But there are certain movies like I want the physical thing, not to say I physically own it, but because the movie means something to me. But yes, when push comes to shove, if it's convenient to watch on streaming, I'll watch it on streaming. But I know the quality is not going to be there. But if I want the quality, I can pop that four K disk in a black panther that I have from Steel Book and know that I have the four kh you know, looking at my four KTV to streaming.
Speaker 2: It just it'll never be that.
Speaker 1: It's not like no matter unless you have the top tier kind of stuff, which I'm not going to be paying for necessarily because it's again money is money. But even with book my omnibuses, I can't get every omnibus known demand I would great.
Speaker 2: So I have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: I have a whole digital collection of some of this, including backups of these that I feel that I personally own to have of series like I buy what I have a personal collection to or buy like a series that I love and will read. But there are some things that's saying, you know what, I just I want to pay a little bit cheaper, but I want to digitally, but I own it at that point I had, you know, I go through different retailers to get that, but I own that and so I get to preserve it in that sense digitally. But that's not how a lot of digital platforms work. Like I we have Marvel LIMB with both of us, we both I mean I I don't know if you have I have DC Universe Infinite and but again that's streaming site in a different way, just because they don't have everything there. There are certain things that haven't been digitized yet for one reason or another. Marvel puts their omnies and collect editions into digital formats, so you can do it. DC doesn't yet. Most DC does is their oversized formats and their trades. They haven't gone through out of omnibuses digitally.
Speaker 2: Marvel has.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think books are going to be around for a much longer. But I think again, I think, I think this is video games. I think the time and again it's a it's a profit margin for them. It is cutting into their profits whether they like it or not. This is the money making thing for them, and they do not want to spend the money anymore and cut into their profits. So it's a sad time. It's it's not consumer friendly and it is taking away consumer choice and I don't like it. I understand from a business perspective why they're doing it, but yeah, this is this was a kill shot. This was the time of physical media is for video games. I think the time is. The time is getting ready to end, and it's gonna be a very different gaming forecast for people, especially with consoles and handhelds that are gonna be already being pricing people out, you know, so definitely, so not.
Speaker 2: A positive topic.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's it's the new wave, so and there's there's nothing that's gonna change it. They're going to save money on production and distribution and the it's their bottom line is going to go up. It's not we're not going to save one any games. But this is from a business standpoint, it's just better for them.
Speaker 1: But all right, not a positive topic, but I figured it was kind of discussion that can tackles a lot of different avenues. But you know, as we said, mister Hines will be joining David next week for episode four of x N ninety seven season two, So enjoy that.
Speaker 2: I will see you all in two weeks.
Speaker 1: You all have a great weekend. Happy Fourth of July to all those that celebrate, and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Siah.