Speaker 1: Welcome back, your dreams, will your ticket out?
Speaker 2: I'm back, Happy January sixth.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to talk about today, from treason to things I learned on vacation, child strap.
Speaker 2: Up, Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Corel Cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, it is the crowd Cast. I am Coral. Happy freaking new year to you. So very glad you are joining me today, Monday, January sixth, where just five years ago, on this very day, an act of treason happened right in front of our wonderful little lies, and absolutely nothing came of it. In fact, the person that led the insurrection is going to go back to the White House as his votes are certified today because the good little fallen mind Democrats aren't going to do anything today to stop the ascension of the biggest fascist in the twenty first century and his lover, Elon Musk. So there we have that. That's the way that is. That's the way it's going to be. And I learned a lot on my vacation, mainly about myself. First of all, I learned I miss y'all. If I'm not talking to you, interacting with you. I miss y'all. So hi everybody, I miss y'all when I'm on vacation. Second of all, at the end of the show, I'm going to tell you how you might get to meet me this coming Sunday if you live in the Bay Area. So patrons, if you live in the Bay Area, you might have a chance to Sunday to meet me. We'll talk about that at the end of the show. But right now, let's talk about what we learned on vacation. I have been gone for the last two weeks, and the shows that I aired were the exact type of shows I want to be doing. So if you missed them, if you didn't watch because you thought, oh they're not new or whatever, you missed it because there's a lot of good stuff in there and a lot of new stuff at that time. And I'm really proud of those eight shows, and if you didn't watch them, you should go back and watch them because they're really really good. Cees going on here in Las Vegas this week. Got friends in town for that, but people are back working. Most people had trouble knowing what.
Speaker 2: Day it was. It today, Monday is today? Was you know?
Speaker 1: People just having that got to get back into its slog sort of thing. But I did learn a lot on vacation, and a lot happened while I was away. For instance, just five miles from my home, a veteran Trump supporter, Elon musk Lover blew himself up in front of the Trump Tower in a rented tesla. There's no logic to that, There's no rhyme or reason. Don't even tried to figure out why he did it. He's insane, That's why he did it. And you know Trump, you know, oh, is it an immigranted so Dan now? Uh huh? So that happened New Orleans, happened another senseless act of violence. Forget all this isis bullshit and all this other you know, Oh, here's why he did it. Here's the guy that now he did it because he's Craig Gray. He did it because the on Bourbon Street, they had a way that he could drive down. Why why you have a street filled with people that you let cars, you know, enter?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the city of New Orleans will change that as they're sued by fifteen families for wrongful death. So you know that happened, and It was sad, but that's America, and that happens in Germany. Their Christmas Mark got you know, guy ran through there, so it happens. It's why I have been starting to not go into crowds quite frankly, you know, I even cees. I'm not sure I'm going to go to all the crowded events that are happening, because crowds are now targets. If you don't like that, get out of the country, you know, because we have to determine in twenty twenty five where we're gonna be at. Yesterday, I talked to Karen Ditman for an hour, which, if you know me, you know that's a rarity. And some of your jaws just dropped and you went, oh what uh. But there was a zizzigg going on Venus Saturn and the moon all lined up. She has a cat named after that, so I called her and said it, you know, are you looking outside because your kiddy's namesake is happening. And we talked for an hour and asked her, you know, she feels so betrayed and so let down by the election. She has stopped consuming all news. She has not even watching SNL, won't anything political tunes out, and she said her son Jacob and his wife Amy the same thing. They're so angry and they feel so betrayed that they're tuning out the news anything pot they're.
Speaker 2: Just not listening to.
Speaker 1: And I said, and this morning when I turned on NPR and they were talking to a Republican strategist about Mike Johnson and Trump, that I turned it off.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to hear.
Speaker 1: And so there's a great scene in Lioness, which I've been watching, Zoe Seldonna, congratulations on your Golden Globe for Amelia Perez. We'll be talking about that later, but there's a great line she's recruiting another Lioness and she says, do you love your country? And we all have to ask ourselves that now, do we love our country? Because if you say yes, then tuning out is not an option. Because, as they said in Nazi Germany, the only thing that needs happen for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. So if all the good people stop paying attention to politics, stop tuning into the news, justin Trudeau just stepped down today. So we're losing a great liberal leader on the American continent. All that will happen if we all tune out is that.
Speaker 2: They will win.
Speaker 1: You know. Kamala Harris said over my vacation to a small boy who said, I'm sorry you lost, and he started crying, and she said, oh, but we're not defeated. We're acting defeated. We want to curl up in a ball, go back in our den and not be bothered by the evil enemy. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. So you gotta ask yourself, do I love America? Because what's best for you and me right now is to pull back, not talk about Trump, not pay any attention to anything coming out of Washington, DC. Really, just talk about everything else, entertainment, pop culture issues, other issues, food issues. It's Veganuary, will be talking about being vegan in January, all of that, and just leaving politics alone. Just don't pay attention to it, don't talk about it. But if you do that, we lose America, which most of you feel we lost it anyway.
Speaker 2: So do you love your country?
Speaker 1: Because if you love it, you won't tune out. The answer for me is no, I don't love my country in its current incarnation.
Speaker 2: I feel powerless.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Democrats are not the party to beat Maga down. I feel that we have no real fighting force on our side. So I do feel defeated. I do, and I don't want to start the year with like this kind of show. But today, as they certify those votes where they should not be, we know there was Russian interference. We know there was Iranian interference. We know there was Chinese interference. We know there was Elon musk quarter of a billion dollars interference. We know all these things. So there's a very real possibility that Trump did not win the election. And I'm not going to try to sound like him the last time, and Democrats are so afraid to sound like him. But the fact is, did he legally win this election. I do not believe for a moment he did. There was Russian interference. They're all kinds of disinformation that was out there. It wasn't a clean election.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: But the Democrats are going to just hand it right over to him because we believe in a peaceful transition of power. Meaning let's just hand over America to the fascist. That's what it means, because ultimately they'll still make money. Democrats in Congress are still going to get there one hundred and sixty thousand dollars a year plus healthcare. Okay, that's that's a given. Members of the Senate, members of the House. They're still gonna get paid. They're still gonna get their consulting gigs, their media gigs. They're still going to be millionaires. All told you and I no, so they don't really care about what happened.
Speaker 2: They'll still function, They'll still have a doctor lot forren.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check the chatrooms chew dot com, forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 2: Why aren't chatting with us?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on in ride, got to hit the life class like like like like your life depends.
Speaker 2: On it the mine does.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com, forward slash really Correl, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, you know what else I learned?
Speaker 1: I learned over my vacation that I'm yearning to do a show like Life and segments again. I'm yearning to do a show like Kelly Clarkson, like Jennifer Hudson, but different. Have it be anchored from a studio, but then go out to the world in pre recorded segments.
Speaker 2: Not that I have other people do, but that I do. Oh, dear my kid.
Speaker 1: See first day of the new year, and look what's happening. No signal from the camera.
Speaker 5: Look what's happening. Because that's the way it goes, right, that is just the way it goes. There we go, There we go. Come on, come back to me, Come on, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Oh lordy b we may have no more video for the rest to the show. There we go, There we go.
Speaker 1: We're back because ladies and gentlemen, I do not have the budget. See this is and this is exactly what I learned about myself over vacation. I love doing this show for you, I do, but if I have to do it half asked, continually, then I don't want to do it. I need to replace this camera. That camera is two thousand dollars I don't have. I have access to that. I got lots of credit cards, but I don't want to spend the money because I don't have the money to repay it back. And if that's how I have to keep going this year, then ultimately I will stop. So we got to get the support up for the show. The Patreon is great, all of you patrons. I'm going to be in the Bay Area this weekend if I can raise the money, and and you know what, I want to see you on Sunday, and I'll tell you where through an email.
Speaker 2: But I don't want.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five to be like twenty twenty four. I just don't, and I don't think you do either. So we all have to take some stock as to what are we gonna do to make sure this year is different. I don't want to be weighted down by Donald Trump in twenty twenty five. The last two weeks I had the best time being able to ignore him, okay, And even when the terrorist attack happened, all I could think about was why didn't the guy drive into the lobby? Why did he stop out front if he really wanted to do harm to the Trump Tower or whatever? And he because he didn't. He's just a crazy veteran who went to Mecca he's a Trump acolyte, so he went to Mecca, the Trump Tower, and he blew himself up, hoping he'd ascend a valhalla or something. I don't know, but none of us want twenty twenty five to be like twenty twenty four. But politically it's gonna be horrible. It is going to be worse than we expected, and we can't just keep pounding our head and that's why we're tuning out. That's why so many of my friends over this break said, I am not in the next year going to watch the news. I am not going to watch anything remotely political.
Speaker 2: Where does that leave me?
Speaker 1: How do I get an audience? How do I pay for the camera? My friend Steve Cabral DJ Valentino Rose, he's going live on TikTok just playing disco. He's getting one hundred times more views than I am.
Speaker 2: He makes fifty to.
Speaker 1: Seventy five dollars by going live for one or two hours and just playing disco. I am green with envy, Green with envy, you know, I mean, come on, you just got to play disco records and you're getting seventy thousand likes. So I don't want twenty twenty five for me or for you to be the same.
Speaker 2: Today is a horrible day.
Speaker 1: Today Kamala Harris has to hand over power, has to vote to certify the vote for a guy that she beat, because I.
Speaker 2: Believe she won.
Speaker 1: I do, I believe, I really, I don't want to be like Donald Trump. I believe that there was malfeasons and that Donald Trump played dirty using Elon Musk money and somehow, some way they got the votes that are illegitimate, you know, I just do. I believe that undue influence, you know. But it doesn't change the fact that today power will be transferred, he will be certified, and on the twentieth he will be inaugurated. And that eats you and me up. That eats at your soul, It eats at your core. It bothers you, it upsets you. And that's okay, that's okay. But it goes back to how much do you love America? Because if you love America, you'll stay involved. But I don't love it enough to do that. I really don't. I don't, I really truly don't. I love America, the geography and in the cities. I don't like the Americans right now. I don't like Americans right now. People, we have become a culture that celebrates the worst among us. If you know, instead of fixing obesity the good way, diet, exercise, being a vegan, we're letting people take a drug that they have to take for life. Oh, zetic and all of that. That's for life. You don't come off of that drug. You are going to be injecting yourself every week for a life. Why because you can't shut to goddamn pie hole. Look, I'm bigger than I want to be. I went to Banana Republic, got this shirt. It's an extra large. I don't like that. I was a large, a medium to large just four years ago. I've gained twenty five pounds. I don't like it. Will I take a shot every day?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I qualify for a zep bound because of sleep apnea. Am I going to take the shot? No, I'm not. I'll lose it the old fashioned way, or I'll stay fat. So I'd love to see your comments down below. What are your plans for the new year when it comes to media? Are you going to watch? Are you not going to watch? Are you going to tune out? Are you not going to tune out? How involved are you going to be now that today today, the day that treason occurred, and five years later, only the lower ranking schlubs went to jail, and they're about to get their sentences commuted or forgiven by Trump and the people that caused it, meaning Trump Scott Free. In fact, you have people that risked their lives that day and that got injured law enforcement that said they feel like they did it for nothing.
Speaker 2: Why because they did. They did it for nothing.
Speaker 1: We punished black people more for carrying a joint than we did Donald Trump for committing crete treason, and that's how we got back into the White House. It is all the Democrats fault. And yet I'm supposed to be a member of that party. A party two week to seize power from fascist, a party two week to prosecute a man that committed treason on tele vision.
Speaker 2: Think about this.
Speaker 1: I know we all want to be Democratic supporters, but this party has led us down time after time after time. They couldn't even beat a convicted felon. And you're saying, oh, that's not the party's fault.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 1: He should have been in jail not able to run for president. They should have prosecuted him on January seventh.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They didn't. Oh, we've got to build a case again.
Speaker 1: If he were black and shoplifted something for his children out of a grocery store, he would have been in jail in twenty two seconds. White and rich never prosecuted. Now his best buddy, richest man in the world. Who knows what that's going to lead to. So in twenty twenty five, how are you going to be happier? Because I am about that. After this vacation, baby, I am all about being happier in twenty twenty five, all about getting back to who we are.
Speaker 2: Get breathing again. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It felt so good to breathe for two weeks and not be smothered by the horror of having to come out here every day and talk about Trump or just other issues, not just Trump, I mean New Orleans. How horrible fifteen people. I was on that street in two thousand. I was on Bourbon Street in two thousand with my mom and Andrew, our last New Year's together. It was horrible, you know, but there I was, so I know exactly where they were dead, why they went to party on Bourbon Street. Now they're dead because some idiot rented at No, they're dead because now in America, crowds are targets and our cities don't protect us. You know, It's like websites now, every time you put your username and password in, the next step that they go to is we have to send you a coach. It's an unnecessary, time consuming step that they have you on every website now that's set you a host.
Speaker 2: Why because they can't keep your information?
Speaker 3: To say.
Speaker 2: So you pay city Tech? Did you say so? You pay?
Speaker 1: Hey Corell here and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corel. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Corel.
Speaker 2: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tab. I disagree with all social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to pay at Patreon dot com, forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 2: Thanks from thirty.
Speaker 1: Years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 2: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 1: By the way, at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Carrel, there's a chatroom. Go like and subscribe the video. But also I need you to follow me at TikTok really Correl. At TikTok, I have to get to three hundred viewers before I can go live, or one thousand, I forget, But I only have two hundred and ninety three. If we can get to three hundred, I think I can go live. So go like me or go follow me on TikTok at really Carrel and go to the chat room where I was yelling during the break, I said, I disagree. Someone said we lost because we weren't paying attention. I don't believe that. For a moment, everyone I know was paying attention. Everyone I know voted for Kamala Harris. Everyone I know, even people that were middle of the road on the fence, voted for Kamala. I don't think we lost because we weren't paying attention. I think everybody was paying attention, and that's why everybody feels so betrayed. But one thing in twenty twenty five I really want to do is help you follow your dreams as you watch me follow mine. Okay, we've had a culture of a lot of self doubt and a lot of you know, woe is me? People screaming about the cost of eggs. We're going to elect Trump to lower our grocery prices. That was on signs, by the way, and they're they're not. The first thing they're gonna do with is transgendered people. Yeah right, you know they're not going to lower grocery prices. And these people complaining about grocery prices are outspending thousands of dollars on New Year's the eve, god knows what else. Giant pickup trucks they're driving fifty thousand dollars Ford f two fifty saying eggs are too expensive. They're fucking morons. We lost because the morons marched. That's why we lost.
Speaker 2: So how do we be better in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: How do we Well, you know, I've had a lot of self doubt the last few days.
Speaker 2: I recorded a song do You Want to Funk?
Speaker 1: A remake of Sylvesters and Jeanie Tracy, who inspired the song, was a friend of Sylvester's and sang with Sylvester often, has graciously offered to do the backgrounds for three hundred bucks up in San Francisco. It's a donation she wants. She said, Look, I love the way you've done this song. I just want to be on it. I said, well, let me give you something. She goes, I know you're broke. She knows I'm broke, so you know, not broke, but you know what I mean. She knows I just get by. I use the term broke as just paying bills, you know, not laid on anything, but you know, just just staying at board. And so I'm gonna give her a donation and she's gonna go do it. They wanted me to come up. I had enough miles on Southwest and enough Hilton miles, and so I'm gonna go to the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: This weekend.
Speaker 1: I was going to back out because I don't really have the money to travel, I don't you know. I mean, I'll use a credit card and all of that, but you know, I don't really five hundred seven hundred eight hundred dollars, I don't you know.
Speaker 2: So but I said, you know what, screw that.
Speaker 1: That's how you lived in twenty twenty four, and you were miserable, So screw it. Then the self doubt came in. Why are you recording a song that you don't own publishing on. Why are you even recording a song when today no one makes money with music. Why are you even recording a song when people don't even think of you as a singer?
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 1: Oh, the self doubt just came and came, and I said, because you're not doing the same thing you did in twenty twenty four. You're not just going to talk about what you want to do. You're gonna do it. This woman that you want on the song has offered to be on it, and so you're gonna go up there and you're gonna watch her record the vocals, you're gonna produce it, and then when it's done, you're gonna release it and whatever happens when it happens. But that's gonna because that's what you're gonna do, because that's what you did ten years ago. You know, that's what you used to do, and you're never worried about it was gonna go or how it was gonna be. So, if you're a patron, and if I can raise, I'm gonna try to raise this week through I don't know how, donations or whatever, but if i can raise at least five hundred bucks, then I'm gonna come up to the Bay Area and on Sunday before I leave out on the plane Sunday night, Sunday day, we're gonna have lunch. Well, we're gonna meet. I'm not gonna buy everybody lunch, but we're gonna meet at a place where you can get lunch, probably at my hotel. And if you're a patron, I will send you an email telling you, if you're in the Bay Area, where to meet me. If you're crazy and come armed, just no, I'll shoot you. Don't just kidding, but you know what I mean. I'll tell you where to meet me, and that'll be on Sunday, so i'll know by Wednesday if I'm taking the trip if I can raise the funds, and so I'll tell you via email to my patrons how to meet me on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And it will be great fun.
Speaker 1: So one of the other things in twenty twenty five that I'm going to be doing is paying more attention to entertainment, because I love that. Over the break, I was immersed in awards and screeners and watching so many movies and just felt like my own self again. You know, got credentialed for cees. It's like feel like me Agan. So the Golden Globes were last night, and The Star of Amelia Perez one of the best movies of the year, which if you haven't seen it, go to Netflix and watch it immediately. It is a musical in Spanish made by a French director in France about a Mexican cartel leader that wants to transition to be a woman and then once she becomes a woman, tries to make amends for what she did as a cartel leader and reconnect with her children. And the transactress that plays the character is a real transactress. The first to win a Golden Globe or be nominated for a Golden Globe She didn't win the movie one, but she spoke last night and very powerfully said, if you are trans, be who you are, don't be who they want you to be. We have always been here, We're always going to be here. It was a powerful statement. Bravo for the Golden Globes giving Amelia Perez Best Picture Musical or Comedy.
Speaker 2: Bravo.
Speaker 1: Wicked also won, Of course we knew it would. Adrian Brody won for Best Actor for The Brutalist.
Speaker 2: His speech was as long as the movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know he was excited and happy, but literally his speech could have been a movie in all of itself. It just went on and on and on, just kept looking at his nose. He's handsome, but boy, that nose can look big sometimes so staring at his nose as he talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked. At least when Jennifer Coolidge does it, she's very entertaining. But good for The Brutalist. It also won Best Picture. Three and a half hour long movie about a mid century in architect. The director said out loud, filmmakers are important, Our visions are important. Studios need to realize because you know, he tried to shop a movie three and a half hours long about someone no one knew, and the studios didn't want to distribute it, didn't wanted to edit it down to two hours, all this other stuff, and he was like, no, no, no, he's stuck by his guns. Now A twenty four released it and it's up, you know, winning Best Picture and Adrian Brody's winning Best Actor. It's a great movie, big epic called The Brutalist, and good for Adrian Brody. Cynthia Arrivo and others. Lost in the Best Actress category to an actress that many of you do not know, but she still has a good shot at oscar So the Hollywood for and Press only one hundred people, and they, you know, they tend to be a little odd in their awards sometimes, Hacks winning big again, The Bear winning big again, Jeane Smart winning again, my future husband from the Bear winning again. I'm forgetting his name at the moment. So all of that in entertainment happened at the Golden Globes last night, and you know, once again the double standard on the runway, the women showing showing their Golden.
Speaker 2: Globes and most of the men, you know.
Speaker 1: Dressed up to their necks, except that guy from Queer Eye who always wears dresses and looks hideous. I mean no offense, God bless him. But that guy with the beard and long haired he was in this dress off the shoulder.
Speaker 2: I said, you look hideous.
Speaker 1: You want to wear women's clothes, that's fine, or clothes that are normally women, that's fine. But that dress on you with that beard looks ugly. And I'm queer and I'm saying it. Good for him for expressing himself the way that he wants, for not dressing like a typical man.
Speaker 2: But it didn't look good.
Speaker 1: So, you know, whatever fire were Joan Rivers, I would have had a lot to say about that.
Speaker 2: So before we go, what's up in the chat room?
Speaker 1: Every intersection on Bourbon Street has an access point of few as a sidebox. He went four blocks until he struck a lightning. Yes, exactly, live your life. That's exactly right, in spite of what surrounds us. Put on the go fundbe page. I really need a go FUNDB page. Don't PayPal, dot me forward slash really correl, it's how you can donate, PayPal, dot me forward flash really carrel.
Speaker 2: That's PayPal dot. The forward slashs really correl, so you can make a donation that stets part of still.
Speaker 1: Because I would like to see you all this substances, So PayPal dot forward class.
Speaker 2: So yes, vote for great U and I am flecked. Unwatched it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, broadcasting from a conventely different point of view.
Speaker 4: Yours listen daily to the corel cast. Done your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the corel cast. Done your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: With I done? Because I don't feel done. Was I done?
Speaker 1: I didn't even get to say I am corel be who you want to be? So don't hurt anybody. I had so much to pack into this half hour because I've been gone. I just don't I don't feel done. Are you done? Am I done?
Speaker 2: Are we done? I don't know. I could do one more segment.
Speaker 3: We could do one unfiltered onun hinged.
Speaker 2: It's a corell cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: All right, I didn't feel done. Since my show, I can do what the fuck I want.
Speaker 1: I'll do one more segment, So DEMI Moore winning for the Substance was kind of cool, although a lot of people are complaining that the movie is about what women will go through for fame in Hollywood and how the men make them do it. And they're complaining, She's had a lot of work done. She's had some work done, she had a lot of work done. She didn't look like the cat lady, but she has had some work done. And if your job is being in look, if I had the money, this wabble right here.
Speaker 2: Would be pulled back next week. I would I would go to.
Speaker 1: Surgery and have this just yanked right back if I had the money. So, you know, don't don't be mad at Demimore because she made a few improvements. Uh Fernanda Tourists for I'm Still Here. That's that's the winner that everybody was like, what cause Angelina Joe Lee was up for Maria until the Swinton for The Room next Door.
Speaker 2: Kate Winslet the movie Lee, Oh it's so good. Oh, Kate Winslet does a.
Speaker 1: War photographer, a real one nicole kidman for Baby Girl. That movie was so fricking weird, bark like a dog licks somebody's I mean, it was just weird. Pam Anderson for the Last show Girl was the favorite, but.
Speaker 2: They didn't win. Drama Motion Picture of the Brutalist. Yep.
Speaker 1: I agree it was a good movie, although I think September five or A Complete Unknown were actually better.
Speaker 2: But you know what, do I know?
Speaker 1: The Carol Burnette Award went to Ted Danson and he deserves it. The Cecil B de Mill Award to Viola Davis, she deserves it. Musical or Comedy motion Picture. Amelia Perez totally deserved it. You have to see it. If you haven't seen it. Ithat it's so good, cinematic box office that she I don't know what that means, cinematic box office achievement to Wicked, and of course because it was TV series Showgun. I haven't watched it. I hear it's good. I guess I would have given it to slow Horses, but whatever. Supporting actress Zoe Saldana, yay, because she's wonderful and Amelia Perez just wonderful. Adrian Brody for The Brutalist, we talked about deserved, but his speech was long. Sebastian Stan in a movie you haven't seen, called A Different Man.
Speaker 2: You should see it.
Speaker 1: It's got another actor in it whose face is disfigured, and he's an actor. I mean, this guy wakes up every morning to a face that looks like the elephant man and he auditions for roles. If that doesn't inspire you, honey, I don't know what does. Director Bradley Corbett for the Brutal, for the Brutalist. As I said, good movie. Foreign language film, Amelia Perez, yay, Absolutely a love that movie, animated feature flow. I would have given it to Wild Roebut or really Memoir of a Snail. If you haven't seen Memoir of a Snail, oh my god, you need to watch it. Original song was from Ameliana Perez Amelia Perez, which is great. It's called Il Mal. It's a wonderful song. Supporting actor Kiernan Culkin in A Real Pain. That's a great movie directed by Jesse Eisenberg, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Carndon Culkin as cousins who go to discover their grandmother's life in Poland where she was a Jew that was in the camps and they go to look at she passes away and they go to see what her life was like. Kiernan Culchin was frenetic in it, he was heartfelt. He was on the verge of schizophrenic. It was a really great role for him and good for him. Screenplay Conclave. I can see that that movie was like a spider web upon a spider web upon a spider web. So I can see that Challengers won Original Score for Trent Rezner and Atachris Ross. Hacks Musical or Comedy on TV, of course it won.
Speaker 2: It always wins.
Speaker 1: Showgun actress Anna So why won for Best Actress. I can't believe Kathy Bates didn't win for matt Lock. I'm totally loving matt Lock. I binged it over.
Speaker 2: The holiday fab of the show.
Speaker 1: Ali Wong won for Stand Up Comedy over Jamie Fox, which I thought they'd give it to him because of the comeback and everything. Baby Reindeer for Miniseries or Film, Jody Foster for True Detective, Bravo for Jodi Foster, Jeane Smart for Hacks. Who else Let's see Colin Farrell for the Penguin and he should have won. What a great role. If you haven't seen it on Max, you should. And then the Girl and Baby Reindeer Jessica Gunning One, Jeremy Allen White for the Bear and that's the Golden Globes and I love them, and I love the movies and the shows. I didn't watch the awards, but I love the shows and the movies that they nominated.
Speaker 2: They're all great.
Speaker 1: It's a good year for entertainment, and go and consume them because this year, yeah, real pain was a real joy. In the chat room, someone was talking about a real pain and it's great. Now before I go today, this is Veganuary. Y'all know I'm a vegan.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I'm a vegan.
Speaker 1: I exercise every day, and yet I worry every day about dying. I am trying to let that go. Saw the neurologist over the holiday. They're gonna do any EG because my finger did this for like an hour and a half. It hasn't done it since, but he wants to do any EG to make sure nothing has changed, and a nerve conduction study, and he wants to do the nerve conduction study right now, but I have to wait until April because when I got meningitis, they did a nerve conduction study, which they needed to do to make sure it wasn't damaging my nerves and now they insurance. United Healthcare won't pay for twelve months, even if you need another one, even though that that shot caused me to go in the hospital and get meningitis. They won't make an exception. They won't pay for another nerve conduction study until April. My doctor wants one now, My doctor wants it now. I want it now, but United Healthcare doesn't want it till April, so I have to wait. And they wonder why CEOs are targets. They you know, they real, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, come on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I had some you know, medical anxiety over the holiday as well. I'm trying to manage it. So I don't want twenty twenty five to be like twenty twenty four for me, for you, for anybody. And the way we do that is balance. I'm not saying tune everything out about Donald Trump. That would be negligent. You're an American. But what I am saying is don't get caught up in the minutia of it. You know what I'm saying. If there's a policy that you don't support, call your legislator, tell them to vote against it, or send off an email, and then leave it alone. I want you to still be involved, but not so closely that it makes you not sleep at night. So if you need to send a letter or an email to your congress person or senator, if you want to show your support for something, fine do that. Be a good citizen. But concentrate more on local you can. You know, helmelessness went up eighteen percent. We all need to do something about that. There's a lot of stuff locally that you can concentrate on. So concentrate more on what you can change in your world and the world right around you, Washington, Call your congress person, call your senator if you need to, if you're against legislation or for legislation. But other than that, but let it go. Don't do the MSNBC six hours a day. I heard a great line in Lioness Morgan Freeman said it. He said news used to be better when it wasn't twenty four hours a day because it didn't have to be entertaining, it just had to be news.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, I agree.
Speaker 1: So pretend news isn't twenty four hours a day again. Okay, just give yourself an hour of news a day and that's it, all right. I am Corell You be who you want to be something to hurt anybody. We'll be back tomorrow of course. Uh and yes, if you want to help me get to San Francisco this weekend to record vocals and to meet with the friends and family and patrons, it's PayPal, dot me forward slash really Corell. I hate that I have to ask I do, but you know I'm not. Maybe I should just play disco records on TikTok. It's working for my friend Steve. He's now got eighteen hundred followers, up from two hundred in one week. By just play any fabulous. You should go follow him? Yeah, Dj Valentino Roads on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Go follow him. You'll get a free disco show once a week. Wonderful. Oh, maybe I should just do it, do my club decades. Let's show it my music from I love. Don't get the followers.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all want to just do a music So let's do a music play music that I love.
Speaker 2: Why do you all wait?
Speaker 1: Back? Just wanted some segments flaw lah lah, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh. I love being back. I love you all.
Speaker 1: I want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com