Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App KFI had KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County. It's time for your morning wake up call.
Speaker 3: Here's Amy King.
Speaker 4: Well look at that.
Speaker 1: It's a Wednesday, good morning. Five o'clock straight up is the time. This is your wake up call for June eleventh.
Speaker 4: I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's gonna be a good day. I can feel it. I can feel it.
Speaker 1: It was relatively quiet well after a mass arrest last night, but apparently things were pretty quiet downtown during the curfew. And we'll see what what happens today. Here's what's ahead on wake Up. Called curfew remains in place for a one square mile area of downtown LA after another day of ice raid protests. Mayor Bass declared an emergency and called for the curfew from eight o'clock last night till six this morning in an effort to curtail the looting that happened on previous nights. Almost two dozen businesses were looted Monday night, a fire and apple valleys quickly burned. Forty two hundred acres. The fire started about one thirty yesterday afternoon. Mandatory evacuation orders are in place for residents south of Highway eighteen, and evacuation center has been set up at the Sitting Bull Academy. Forward progress of the fire burning in the hills above Burbank has been stopped. Burbank Fire got the fire surrounded by about six last night, burned eight acres. Israel's becoming more isolated as the war against Thamas continues. Abc'ster Donna Miller is going to join us in just a couple of minutes to tell us about several countries that have announced sanctions against Israel and what that could do. The Nintendo Switch has been out for a little bit and Rich Jimuro has been playing with it.
Speaker 4: We'll get his take on it.
Speaker 1: Also, new features coming to an iPhone near you.
Speaker 4: These could be fun.
Speaker 1: And we're also going to ask Rich if he can help you, like me, if you got locked out of.
Speaker 4: Your Facebook account, Yeah, I did it yesterday.
Speaker 1: CPI numbers come out this morning. Is inflation up or down? We're gonna get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho at five point forty. If you like things that go boom. ABC's Jim Ryan says, this year it's gonna cost you. He's going to join us at five point fifty oh and Amy's on it. And this one is really out of left field. It's got everyone in it before they were anyone that's coming up at the bottom of the hour, let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. On day five of the anti ice protests in La Mayor Bass declared a local emergency and issued a one night curfew for a one square mile area of downtown. She announced the curfew yesterday following days of widespread vandalism and criminal behavior.
Speaker 5: Hundreds of officers from police and sheriff departments from across the region and state are working alongside LAPD through a unified command structure.
Speaker 1: The curfew was set for eight last night through six this morning. A lot of people were still on the streets more than an hour after the curfew started. Mayor Bass is set to talk with law enforcement today about possibly extending the curfew for several more days. A man and a woman have been interested in La for allegedly vandalizing the Hall of Justice downtown by painting explicit graffiti on the headquarters of La County Sheriff's Department and the DA's office. Deputies say they saw the man using a paint roller on Monday to tag a roughly eighteen by twelve foot section of the building. They say he had buckets of paint and a ten foot extension poll. The woman allegedly acted as a lookout and was caught on video recording the vandalism. California Democratic Congressman Lou Correa has spoken out against ICE agents in Orange County following raids in Santa Anna.
Speaker 6: We are all part of the American fag rig part of the American community undocumented, like documented, we all work hard to push California to be the fourth largest economy in the world.
Speaker 1: He urged people to go back or go to work in school, but said be careful. ICE had operations in downtown Santa Anna Monday that led to protests.
Speaker 4: The city of.
Speaker 1: Santa Anna says his police officers will not assist federal law enforcement with immigration enforcement efforts, and Governor Newsom says ICE agents are indiscriminately doing mass deportations, not focusing on illegal immigrants. As the administration had said it would. In an address last night, Newsom condemned how Ice is handling the raids. He says President Trump commandeered National Guard members and in flamed a combustible situation.
Speaker 4: Wednesday morning, wake up call.
Speaker 1: Time to say good morning to ABC's Giordana Miller, because along with the protests, there's lots of other things going on around the world and we want to keep you up to date on those as well, So Giordana. As the war rages on in the Gaza Strip, more countries are kind of joining the chorus against Israel's efforts to eradicate Hamas.
Speaker 7: What's the latest, Well, the latest is that the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have slapped sanctions on two of Israel's democratically elected lawmakers, two far right leaders that Bethelo Smotrich he's the Finance minister, and Itamar ben Zverer he's the Minister of National Security. The UK saying this is done. They've made this, took this move because of their incitement against Palestinians, their calls to empty the Goza Strip. And you know, we know that these countries, the UK and others have been weighing possible retaliation against these far right lawmakers, and now they've done it. I have to say, even though there are a lot of divisions here in Israel and many who oppose ben Vere and Smotrich, I think really across the political spectrum there is a sense that the UK and Canada and others have overstepped in this move. That's been the reaction here since these are democratically elected leaders, and some saying it really sends the wrong message right now during a war and a war that is ongoing against a terrorist group like Hamas. So you know, that's been the reaction here.
Speaker 4: And Jordana are the sorry the sanctions are they expected to.
Speaker 1: Put a sort of a strangling a stranglehold on Israel or kind of what would be the effect?
Speaker 7: Well, well, I mean for these two far right ministers, they basically if they had any assets in the UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, they would be frozen. I don't think they have any assets in those countries, but what it does mean is that they will not be able to travel to those countries while these sanctions are in place. And that is a penalty. I mean, that is a restriction, a serious diplomatic restriction. For example, for Betzl's Motrich, who is the finance minister, that he couldn't travel to the UK. You know, that's that's a serious limitation for him. So you know, we're going to have to We know that the Foreign Minister Gi dons Er said yesterday in a press conference, and he's going to hold a cabinet meeting with the Prime Minister and they're going to decide on steps how they're going to respond to this. We'll have to wait and see what they what they decide to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, And is there any indication that like more company or more countries are going to kind of jump on this bandwagon.
Speaker 7: Well, I think this opens the door for other countries to certainly think about it, right, I mean, you know, I Tamar Ben Gvier and Bethelsmotrich are very controversial figures. Even under for example, the Biden administration, there was essentially a de facto ban on those two leaders. The administration didn't talk directly to them, they were not invited to Washington because they are known as very vocal opponents of the two state solution. I mean, they even deny that the Palestinians are people, right, and they have said, you know, basically they've supported ideas of displacing most of the Gozzens, you know, having them move out of the Gaza Strip and resettling the Gaza Strip. All of this really in stark contrast too for now the positions of Europe and in the United States. Even there there's some places where even that is in contrast to the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll see what happens and whether whether these sanctions have any teeth, so to speak. Jordanah Miller in Jerusalem, thank you so much for the information.
Speaker 4: As always, we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Amy, talk Sonya.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Authorities have filed new charges in an alleged plot targeting Jews in New York City. ABC's Aaron Katirski says it follows the firebombing targeting Jewish demonstrators in Boulder, Colorado, and the shooting of two Israeli embassy employees in Washington, d C.
Speaker 6: Federal prosecutors say a twenty year old Pakistani national wanted to carry out a coordinator attack with AR fifteen style rifles on a Jewish center in Brooklyn in the name of Isis.
Speaker 1: He says the guy was arrested last September near the Canadian border, where the FBI says he tried to hire someone to smuggle him into The US.
Speaker 4: Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy Junior says he plans to replace the CDC advisory committee that he fired on Monday. Kennedy says the new seventeen member committee will focus on medicine, not.
Speaker 3: Of any boxers.
Speaker 8: We're bringing people on who are credential scientists or highly credentialed physicians who are going to do evidence based medicine.
Speaker 1: Louisiana Republican Senator Bill Cassidy, who was a deciding vote in approving Kennedy, says he's worried that a new advisory board will be filled with people who know nothing about vaccines except suspicion. The Associated Press is asked for a full hearing before the US Court of Appeals in Washington.
Speaker 9: The AP hopes to overturn last week's decision by three judges of that court that continues to allow the Trump administration to restrict the outlets access to cover presidential events. The panel had put a pause on a lower court ruling the President Trump's blockade of the AP improperly punished the agency for refusing to rename the Gulf of Mexico as he wished. Both judges who ruled against the AP two to one last week were Trump appointees. The full court has nine Democrats and six Republicans. Mark Ronner KFI News.
Speaker 1: Disney is bringing Hulu the rest of the way into the fold. Disney's agreed to pay Comcasts more than four hundred and thirty eight million dollars to buy its remaining stake in the streaming service. It had already made sort of a down payment on the purchase in twenty twenty three. Disney CEO Bob Igers's the deal clears the way for a deeper and more seamless integration of Disney Plus and Hulu content.
Speaker 4: The deals expected to close by July twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Meta boss Mark Zuckerberg says he's putting together a team to achieve artifay official general intelligence. Zuckerberg's Meta will invest as much as sixty five billion dollars in the technology this year. Meta is also planning a multi billion dollar investment in Scale Ai, which is a data labeling startup. Viola Davis, Henry Winkler, and writer producer Ryan Murphy are among the latest inductees into the TV Academy's TV Hall of Fame. Also being honored our producer director Don Mischer, comedian and talk show host Conan O'Brien, and composer Mike post And that led me to think, who is Mike post Well ease behind the themes for TV shows that span like forty years, and you know a lot of them, including Law and Order, The Rockford Files, going way back into the what was that sixty seventies, Magnum p I, Hill Street Blues, Doogie Houser, and the A Team. The group is being officially inducted into the TV Hall of Fame in all August in downtown La. Okay, so the Dodgers got shaw locked last night, and or you're not wearing your Padres gear today, but you kind of have Padri colors on sort of, No, this is burgundy. Oh okay, that's not Padre colors at all. I have my Dodger blue on. I thought we were I thought we were doing this all week.
Speaker 9: You asked me if I was gonna do it every day and I said, nous, do you want to rub it in your face?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, good game last night, guys. They love.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers lost to the Padres eleven to one. They'll go at it again this afternoon to wrap up their three game series.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first pitch goes out at one o'clock and you can listen to all the Dodger games on AM five seventy LA Sports live from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth, and you can stream all the Dodgers games in HD on the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five seventy LA Sports. When we come back. The Nintendo Switch has been out for about a week and the tech guy Rich Timiro he's been playing with it, will get his takeaway. Also, we've got some new features coming to an iPhone. Rich is gonna tell us about that, and we're also gonna see if he can help me get back into Facebook. I got myself locked out yesterday. I was trying to do the thing where you change of passwords because of the security breach, and I was trying to be good and.
Speaker 4: I locked myself out on your.
Speaker 1: Wednesday morning wake up call and It's Wednesday, which means we get to talk to rich Demiro KTLA's tech guy. We're going to talk to him in just a second. Lots of great things to talk to him about this morning. Here's what we're following in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. For a fifth straight day, protesters marched around downtown LA protesting ice raids. Police issued a dispersal order outside the Metropolitan Detention Center yesterday afternoon and surrounded those who refused to leave. More than two hundred people were arrested yesterday, more than sixty of them for blocking the one to one freeway. LA Mayor Bass is the National Guard and the Marines are not needed in LA. She pushed back against President Trump's claim that things are out of control. Bass says the protests are limited to a few blocks of downtown LA and that local, county and state police can handle the situation without federal assistance. She added, the violence and damage done by protesters, though, is unacceptable.
Speaker 4: So I'm shaking.
Speaker 1: Along the coast of southern California, a three point four quake rattled nine miles west of Manhattan Beach at twelve fifteen yesterday afternoon. US geological survey says shaking was felt across the La basin from the South Bay to West La. I didn't feel that one. It was a little far away from me though. Let's say good morning now to the host of Rich on Tech on KFI. It's KTLA's tech reporter Rich DeMuro.
Speaker 3: Morning Rich, Good morning Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I changed my password like you told me to do.
Speaker 4: Because of that security breach. Now I'm locked out of Facebook at.
Speaker 1: Least they Oh, so here's what happened. I changed it on my computer and it says, okay, you've updated your password.
Speaker 4: Way to go.
Speaker 1: Then when I went to go to the app, it said, oh, you need to do an authentication and it says go to authentication app and enter a six digit code. I don't have an authentication app, so then I downloaded that. But then it said here, type in a code and then it wouldn't accept it, and so I'm locked out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you got to link that. You got to You can't just get the code without linking up the app. So on that page it should say somewhere try another way. So if you are not, if you did you ever set up the authentication app? No, okay, So if you didn't set that up, then that means they can text you a code. So typically the authentication app is the most secure way to log into Facebook.
Speaker 3: That's why they pushed that. But typically you can also.
Speaker 10: Find a little link somewhere that says try another way, and it will text you a code or it will send a code to your email. So that's what you have to look at on or look for on your iPhone or whatever phone you're using to log into this app. So, but the good news is you still have access on your computer. So you could go in on your computer and set up the authentication app if that doesn't work, and then go to your phone and log in. So the good news is you have your password and you're not hacked. Okay, so kudos for that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to do the try another way, need another option.
Speaker 4: It says to go to account.
Speaker 1: Recovery, and then it says it could take days and to submit a photo ID.
Speaker 3: Don't do that part.
Speaker 10: If you're still if you're still logged in on your computer, that means you have access to this account. So I would log out fully on the phone and then try logging back in and see if that helps. But there should be another option to send you a text with that phone number code or I guess a code to your phone number. That's why mine works at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want to make it all about me, but that was a new thing where it was like authentication app, what's that?
Speaker 4: And how come on? I have to do that? And I was just trying to do the responsible thing, change the password.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let's talk about the stuff that you want to talk about, and one of those things is speaking of iPhones.
Speaker 4: There's new features coming to the iPhone.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So new generation of iPhone software is going to be now named by the year. So the next version is going to be called iOS twenty six and I got to go hands on with it yesterday. It's very clear, very transparent, very sort of glassy. They're calling it liquid glass, and the best way to describe it is just everything is like clear. So it's totally different looking and that's going to come out in the fall. Right now, developers are playing with it and then the public can try public beta in July.
Speaker 3: But new features include.
Speaker 10: A lot of features for the phone app, so the complete redesign, and I know people go nuts over the redesign because it changes everything. But your phone app is now going to combine your recens your voicemails, and your your favorites all on one screen. People are going to either love or hate that calls. I don't know, it's it's you know, it's one of those things that has to grow on you. So we'll see. I'm undetermined on that one's yet.
Speaker 3: Call screening.
Speaker 10: So if you get an unknown caller, they basically have to say why they're calling, and that will put a text on your screen that says, hey, this is Jim from the furniture company. They want to deliver your couch. And then you can pick up your phones. That's number two. Then you've got whole assists. So you call an airline, you call your utility company, you get that hold music iPhone will say hey, do you want us to hold for you, and then we'll call you back when the person picks up. And then messages, you know, all those messages. I'm sure you've gotten these, like hey, we've got a great job for you. It's pays five hundred dollars a day with you doing absolutely nothing work from home, and those messages will now be screened into an unknown senders category so they don't clutter your regular inbox.
Speaker 4: Oh I liked that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a question about the hold assist. So it's saying that it will call you back when somebody like at an American Airlines picks up after you've been on hold, right, But they can do it quick enough that the person at American Airlines isn't going to say, oh, there's nobody there and hang up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly. So that's a good, great question. So what it's doing is actually it's not hanging up the phone. It's just listening for the hold music to end and then that person picking up. And as soon as the person picks up, they go, hey, hold on, I'm gonna go grab the person that's supposed to.
Speaker 4: Talk to you.
Speaker 3: Hang on, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 10: And I think, you know, because it's iPhone and everyone's going to know about this feature, the customer service reps will soon get hipped to it and they'll wait. And this has been a feature that's been on Android for like five years now, so it's not like it's a completely new concept. And yes, I've used it before, and the agent typically waits for you to get back on the phone.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So and then I want to ask you about this liquid glass thing because you're saying that the apps, So the apps are transparent or the phone is transparent.
Speaker 10: Well, the design language is now transparent. So think you know, your your control center, your apt icons, like everything can be clear basically, So it's you know, you don't have to have it that way, but that's like the default.
Speaker 4: Oh so it could just.
Speaker 1: Be like like it could be a white just like an overlay that looks like like a frosted glass or something.
Speaker 10: Yes, like everything looks glassy. Like when you lift up the lock screen now it looks like you're lifting up a pane of glass, like almost like opening a window.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's just like it.
Speaker 10: They just they took this design language of glass and put it throughout everything, even the at icons, like they all look like stained glass, you know, like all the little like features of the app icons. So I mean, look, is this groundbreaking? Like, oh my gosh, I can't believe Apple did this. No, but it's different and people are going to see it, and it's the biggest redesign in ten years. So people are going to see it and say, Okay, I either like this or I don't like it. But the app developers, this is why they show them this at WWDC. They now have to go in and rewrite their whole app to kind of work with this new design language.
Speaker 4: Okay, and that's that's going to be available win later this summer.
Speaker 10: Usually September, so there's a public beta that people can play with in July. I don't recommend you putting that on your main phone. So for the average person, September when the new iPhones launched, they typically launched the new software, which will be called pop Quiz. What was it called.
Speaker 4: It's called iOS twenty six.
Speaker 3: That's right. I love it here listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, because now they're going to do it by the year instead of buy a random number.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, which is you know makes sense?
Speaker 1: I guess okay, And we are out of time, And I wanted to ask you about the Nintendo Switch, so we'll have to talk about it later. But thumbs up, thumbs down, love it, hate it? Oh still undercide.
Speaker 3: I'll just give you one line. I like it.
Speaker 10: It's already the best selling switch for three point five million units in four days.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, people like it. My kids like it.
Speaker 1: And Nintendo must like it too, because they just made a whole boatload of cash.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they've been doing that for thirty years now. They're pretty good at.
Speaker 4: It, all right.
Speaker 1: Rich Demiro the host of of rich on Tech right here on KFI every Saturday from eleven to two. Of course, you can watch them on KTLA, follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech, and you can get more information about all the techi stuff that he talks about on his website.
Speaker 4: It's rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Rich, thank you. Amy love it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to play with that new thing, except I do not like the idea of meshing all of the recents and the phone calls and the messages. But maybe it'll be great when we come back. Amy's on It, And this one is way out of left field. It's got everyone in it from before they were anyone that's coming up next.
Speaker 5: Amy on It, Amy's on It.
Speaker 9: Ami on It?
Speaker 4: What am I on?
Speaker 1: I'm on the stream, movies, TV shows, documentaries, all kinds of things, and sometimes I'm on something out of left field. And that is the case for this week. And here's how this came out about. I was walking through the hallways yesterday and one of my coworkers had a shirt on that said stay Golden pony Boy, and I was like, what the heck is that? And I just thought it was an interesting shirt. It's just a black shirt with yellow lettering. And he's like, haven't you watched The Outsiders? That's like the key line from the Outsiders, And I was like, you know what, I never did watch The Outsiders. I mean it's an old, old movie. ConA, did you watch it? It's kind of a guy movie, right, Yeah, I've seen The Outsiders. Okay, it's very good.
Speaker 4: Well, so I thought, well I should watch this.
Speaker 1: And it has everybody in it before they were anybody, Matt Dylan, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio or Macchio, Patrick Swayzeye see, Thomas Howell, Rob Low, Diane Lane. Oh my god, she was just a baby in it. Leif Garrett's even in there, although I didn't spot him. A couple of the Coppolas are in there. Francis Coppola directed it, and then so you know, nepotism is alive and well, a couple of Coppolas are in there. The theme song was done by Stevie Wonder. So it's a coming of age crime drama and it was released in nineteen eighty three, and at the very beginning of it, all of the kids look like kind of younger versions of the Tea Birds from Greece. So it's set in the fifties and the cool old cars and all of that stuff, complete with the scene from a drive in movie. So there's the Sosias, and there's the Greasers, and the Greasers are from the wrong side of the track, and then there's the Sosias, who are obviously the wealthier kids. The Greasers or you know, kids with broken homes, but they've got each other. So it's really about and Chip and then and you know, trying to grow up and the coming of age thing. They're young men trying to figure things out and making some bad choices along the way. Of course they're kind of thugs and that kind of stuff, but then they've got little glimmers of hope for the future. And I gotta be honest, Cono, you said it was good. I thought it was awful. I mean, the movie itself was just not good. The acting is bad, the story is bad, the score is bad. Remember last week we were talking about how much music can make a movie. The score just I guess it sounded like something out of the eighties, which it was, but the guys are so adorable and so young, and for that reason alone, if you haven't seen it again it's an old movie, and I had never seen it, I would say go watch it because it is. It is fun to see like Tom Cruise and Matt Dillon and they're so young. And then I was looking it up because see, Thomas Howell hasn't done much lately, but you know, you recognize him immediately, and he's like fifty eight years old now. So it's just fun. So it's The Outsiders. It's on Prime Video. It's also on other streams that you have to rent it. It's three seventy nine or something like that. But I thought it was fun and definitely worth it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for hanging with us. We're having technical issues.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not we having technical issues, it's me pushing buttons the wrong way today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 1: To be one of those days. And I thought it was going to be such a great day. But anyway, I'm still happy to have you here. We got handle on the news coming up in just a few minutes. We may have a deal with China. President Trump has announced it. We'll get your details on that. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jim Ryan. Jim, if you want a little boom boom this Fourth of July, it's going to cost you.
Speaker 8: It is, yeah, more than it did last year, and part of the reason tariffs naturally. The American Pyrotechnics Association is pleading with the Trump administration to drop the tariff on important fireworks. Did you know the fireworks you buy from the neighborhood stand, from the corner stand, on the soda from our side of the road down the country, nineteen nine percent of those are made in China.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 8: If you go to a big show like the ones that are encouraged in California, at least the big displays, ninety percent of those come from China. So you can see that, I mean, if you've got a Originally, the tariff was one hundred and forty five percent on imported fireworks. That now has been dropped to thirty percent, and the pyrotechnics dealers and distributors are urging the administration to drop it all together, just at least in the short term, to get through the fourth of July.
Speaker 4: Is there any chance that that's actually going to happen.
Speaker 8: I think it might. I mean, I'm seeing right now that Trump is saying that there may have been some break in the in the whole China tariff situation overall. I mean, the two sides have been meeting in London for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He said that the US is going to get magnets in rare earth minerals from China and if that includes gunpowder, oh, and that tariffs on Chinese goods are going to go to fifty five percent. And then in return, Trump says the US is going to provide China what was agreed to, including allowing Chinese students to go to American colleges and universities where they can light up fireworks.
Speaker 4: Yes, they can for the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Although you can't do it here in La anyway because it's against the law.
Speaker 8: Yeah, can you do it in the county. Let's see statutes there in La. Safe insane fireworks can be sold by licensed retailers from June twenty eighth to July sixth. Then California boil that's not very much time can be used by the public. No, they get certain limitations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, all fireworks are illegal in unincorporated areas of La County, including safe insane. La County Fire enforces the ban zero tolerance for illegal fireworks. But you know what, if you've ever been in LA for the Fourth of July, yeah, it sounds like a war zone.
Speaker 4: I mean it is crazy. It's crazy. Somehow everybody he has them, even though nobody sells them here.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're in an area where they're not illegal, they're going to cost you more, they are.
Speaker 8: Right, probably maybe thirty percent more because that's what the tariff has been dropped down to. And so the pyrotech there are several trade organizations representing the dealers and the distributors and the display companies, and they're all kind of hoping that these tariffs go away to keep prices from going up to it. Naturally, they're going to be higher because of transportation, because of labor costs, because of materials. The tariffs were just adding on to that, and some small communities were having to say, you know what, I think we're going to skip our fireworks show this year, well and.
Speaker 1: More doing drone shows too. I know at Dodger Stadium this Friday night they're doing a drones show instead of their normal fireworks show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, huh it is.
Speaker 8: And last year I was on a fifth story balcony looking at on the fourth of July fireworks out there on the left, fireworks to the north fireworks and then a big drone show right ahead of there.
Speaker 3: Was beautiful.
Speaker 8: It was really something talk about safe insane.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, So we will see what's lighting up the sky this fourth of July. ABC's Jim Ryan, thanks so much for the info. This is KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County. Thanks for hanging with me this morning and suffering through both my mouth and my technical issues. You've been listening to Wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear Wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.